[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D 5e General /5eg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 34

File: snake.jpg (258KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
258KB, 600x800px
>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v3:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Community DMs Guild trove
>Submit to [email protected], cleaning available!
https://mega.nz/#F!UA1BhCBS!Oul1nsYh15qJvCWOD2Wo9w

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Previous Edition:
>>49175483
>>
How well does the game function using just the basic rules?
>>
>>49189781
It's a bit bland, but it works just fine. The worst player option aren't in the basic rules, so there's no traps there
>>
>>49189781
The character possibilities are very limited, but mechanically it'll play fine.
>>
>>49189781
keeps things more simple
>>
File: combat_eberron.jpg (103KB, 992x354px) Image search: [Google]
combat_eberron.jpg
103KB, 992x354px
Reminder that Eberron is the best setting and you should be either playing in or planning to play in it *right now*.
>>
>>49189768
When UA?
>>
>>49189901
Next week. It got pushed back due to Labor Day.
>>
>>49189915
Boo-urns
>>
>>49189898
I have all my old Eberron books, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to update shit to 5e.

Honestly, I like Eberron because it was the only setting that took a good long look at what a world where magic was a stable, useful resource would look like (actually Dark Sun and Planescape did too, sort of).

On that note, I've always wanted to play in a Planescape game that didn't do the who "we're gonna run this like it's World of Darkness or some shit" thing. Because I look at Planescape as a setting with infinite possibilities for dungeon crawling and adventuring, but it seems the fanbase largely looks at it for faction politics and pseudo-philosophical dickwaving.
>>
>>49189898
>Implying I'm not currently playing in Eberron
3.5, not 5e, to be fair, but we're having some fun with unoptimized shit while we wait for our last player to come back to town to continue our campaign.
Saturday we had a session, almost got TPKd by a night twist
>>
>>49189898
to me, eberron was too-high fantasy for me.

I like generic fantasy, or some place where high magic is a bit more rare, something like where Conan is set in, magic exists but it's not in every nook and cranny or up your ass.

I really want to play Dark Sun.
>>
>houserule allowing characters to make one additional attack each round by taking a -3 on all attacks

broken or shitty?
>>
>>49190124
Broken *and* shitty.
>>
>>49190124
I must ask: for what purpose do you include this rule?
>>
File: 15436558786.jpg (79KB, 625x774px) Image search: [Google]
15436558786.jpg
79KB, 625x774px
>playing druid
>fighter walks on a tree's roots without saying excuse me
>>
>>49190091
>I like generic fantasy, or some place where high magic is a bit more rare, something like where Conan is set in, magic exists but it's not in every nook and cranny or up your ass.

Not that guy, but D&D is really not the game for it. You'll never get a Conan feel out of D&D, the magic is too safe, too normal, and too grand.
>>
>>49190124
3e is back that way anon
>>
>>49190160
allow low-level characters to attack two different dudes in a round

>>49190152
why
>>
>>49190193
Combat is already piss-easy in 5e unless you throw CR3 creatures at level 2 characters multiple times between rests
They'll get extra attack at 5th, they don't need it earlier
>>
>>49190193
>why

Not that guy, but I'd contend that it would screw up the encounter math.
>>
>>49190225
alright, that's fair enough

>>49190185
fuck off
>>
>>49190174
>playing druid
>soldiers start clearing an area to set up a longer term camp
>they don't apologize to the trees they're killing
I wish I had speak with plants prepared so they would have had to deal with screaming trees
>>
>>49189898
I do enjoy warforged, artificers, and other stuff that erreborn made, but I prefer to create my own settings and borrow elements I like from other settings.
>>
So circumstances has it that my core rulebooks won't be with me as I make a trip to my old college buddies next town for some DnD. But yeah, how is DMing if I use pdfs? Cause a DM i played with recently had some dead air in a session cause he had to switch pdf files of the PHB and Curse of Strahd then had to swipe around cause he didn't bookmark shit. That and his tablet must be slow cause his reader kept loading pages. That and he uses a DM app to track HP/initiative so he'd switch apps too. Now, I am no expert on it but is it just him or is DMing primarily on pdf a tad of a hassle? I feel like I might end up dealing with that compared to simply flipping the pages of my hardcopies which have tiny post-its that serve as bookmarks.
>>
>>49189781
>>49189801

It works well but you have limited options and you can only play at low levels so you are only a local hero. There are a few adventures on DMs Guild that were made for use with the basic free rules as well as the starter set Lost Mine of Phandelver. The basic rules are intended to teach people the mechanics of play at a basic level before they move on to buying the PHB and getting all the bells and whistles. You could still get weeks even months of play out of it if you had to but if you are hooked on playing with the basic rules you'll want more relatively quickly.
>>
>>49190341
Eberron*
>>
>>49190352
All of the big PDFs in the Mega trove are already bookmarked, so if you're familiar with their basic layout already (which you should be from reading them), going through them isn't any slower than the physical book.
>>
Is Firbolg in SKT or will it just be in Volo's?
>>
>>49190404
Just in Volo's. SKT contains no new character options.
>>
>>49190412
Damn, none at all? That sucks.
>>
>>49190352

Use a laptop. Use one note to keep notes and plan. Look for the smaller size PDF files so your laptop/notebook/gadget will have an easier time loading it. You can use a free pdf app to bookmark and annotate your PDF as well.
>>
>>49190193
Also note that you can two weapon fight without any feats or anything. Gives you a second attack with your off hand as a bonus action.
>>
Any cool magic items in SKT? But better spoiler them if you know.
>>
What's the general consensus on the DM's Guild? I just took my first look and wasn't exactly impressed. I feel like I can equal or better homebrew on GITP of Middle Finger of Vecna.
>>
>>49190551
DM's Guild is, like all randomly outsourced media with zero quality control and zero editing, full of a great deal of garbage.
>>
>>49190509
The runes from the prestige class UA are in there (minus the prestige class). They have the simple properties + a way to put them on mundane items to make them magical. There are more runes in SKT than in the UA, of course.
>>
>>49189977
>Honestly, I like Eberron because it was the only setting that took a good long look at what a world where magic was a stable, useful resource would look like (actually Dark Sun and Planescape did too, sort of).

Khorvaire I always saw as basically being a generic fantasy world (relatively speaking) that rather being stuck in the late 14th/early 15th century like most fantasy settings are gradually grew it's "technology" (namely magic) until it reached the early 20th century where they them had the Great War right on schedule.
>>
File: image.png (743KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
743KB, 1920x1080px
>>49189898
My favorite Eberron character I ever made as an LE changeling Fighter/Assassin who was almost literally this guy right here.
>>
>>49190670
Can only the Rune Mages or what they're called use these runes or who can?
>>
>>49190732
Anyone can, they require attunement like any magical item.

This is just going off what an anon posted about them like a week ago though. I'll know more tomorrow when my book comes in.
>>
>>49190551
>DM's Guild
Plagiarism ahoy.
>>
File: noise-marines.jpg (701KB, 996x1000px) Image search: [Google]
noise-marines.jpg
701KB, 996x1000px
/5eg/, tell me... is it possible to truly unleash the power of ROCK? if so how have you done it/seen it done?
>>
>>49190551

You are correct. Mostly trash on GMs Guild that people have stolen or marginally adapted from shit posted on forums. Some of it is people trying to monetize on their crap homebrew or tool they made. I get adventures off there and some of the guides but avoid anything rules related like the plague.
>>
>>49190898
Whenever our Viking-esque Valor Bard uses sonic spells he frequently fluffs it as rock.
>>
File: 5e warrior portrait3.png (18KB, 83x114px) Image search: [Google]
5e warrior portrait3.png
18KB, 83x114px
Level 3 Human Fighter (Battle Master)
16 Str, 10 Dex, 16 Con, 8 Int, 12 Wis, 13 Cha
Feat - Heavy Armor Master
Longsword and shield.
Chain mail.
Dueling fighting style.
Disarming attack, feinting attack, pushing attack.

Feels fucking ridiculously and consistently strong.
>>
So just ran my session.

Group stole from a merchant wagon bringing healing supplies into the dying city, talked their way into the plague city , 'cured' a little girl by chopping off her arm to stop the plague spreading into her.

They then discovered a group of peaceful protestors who were about to be set on by the tyrannical mercenary guards. The half orc grappled the leader of the peaceful protestors , a 70 year old lady , tied her up, calmed the rest of the crowd until they dispersed then lrft her to the guards to beat up. The tyrannical guards were then ambushed by the resistance leader and they set his armour on fire with a spell and shot him until he died along with his men.

What session did you realise your group were sociopaths TG?
>>
>>49190713
Does he know what evil lurks in the minds of men?
>>
>volos guide to monsters is coming out
>my group already knows what characters they are going to make
>dm said setting is going to be in swordcoast

So 2 Orcs, a goblin and a drow walk into neverwinter seeking adventure
>>
>>49191050
>not playing Firbolg and going full Banner Saga
>>
>>49191050
NeverWinter is the most cosmopolitan city in all of Faerun according to Volo himself so if theres anywhere they could manage that it would be the city of Neverwinter.

And if you're playing in the midst of the spellplague then the city has gone so to shit they'd be relieved to see a Drow over a spell plagued monstrocity.
>>
>>49190971
I was fine with my group's bargaining with demons, and less than kind treatment of bandits, but then they had to stab the poor fisherman they paid to ferry them across the river after they missed the last ferry of the night.
>>
>>49191027
Yes....the Phantasm knew.
The concept worked really well, with the Shadow's "master of disguise" shtick being his changeling powers, and by day he masqueraded as a wealthy man who's identity he assumed after returning home from the Last War where he spent time masquerading as a human soldier for Breland.

He even did the Shadow's silly dual-wielding thing, with silvered short swords and paired repeating crossbows, the silver being a reference to the nickeled .45's.
>>
>>49190960
This is basically me, but I'm a paladin whose manoeuvres involve sprinkling holy water to make people hit better, telling creatures to come 1v1 me and then hitting those creatures really hard.

Having a great time.
>>
So is the official "artificer" tradition even any good?
>>
>>49191239
Neverwinter is a lot shittier in 5e since it sort of exploded in 4e and is now being rebuilt by it's current lord, but I know a LOT of people who ignore that or flatly say that it's already rebuilt.

Not hard to believe when entire pits in the ground the size of nations got randomly filled up out of nowhere in the edition change.
>>
>>49190960
Personally I went trip attack, rally, and precision attack on my S&B fighter but yeah in early levels HAM fighters with S&B fighting styles (duelist or defensive) are almost unkillable and tough as nails.
>>
>>49191335
Well, it's a wizard, that can make potions of healing and utility items that can last their duration without concentration, so they're mechanically fine. Good, even.

The "make magic items" bit at higher levels is pretty lame though, as is imbuing nonmagical items with magic--which, in a high-magic setting like Eberron where uncommon magic items are pretty easy to get, may be more or less useless.
>>
>>49191335
>Look it up
>At level 14 you can make one magic item a month from A & B Magic Item table
>90% of the items are shit

Talk about underwhelming.

Being able to act as a healer as a Wizard could be useful.

>>49191477
Yeah that's about what I thought. Even still it doesn't seem to be anywhere near as good as some of the other schools, Illusion in particular being ridiculously good.
>>
>>49191300
nice, I always love characters inspired by other media with their own twist. good on you sounds like he was fun.
>>
>>49191535
I had a hard time justifying his LE alignment; the worst he did was murder people who hadn't been convicted of crimes quite yet or had gotten away with them legally, which is more CG then LE.

I always felt The Shadow would be Evil-aligned though since his whole shtick is that he's an evil man who has found constructive ways to utilize his evil tendencies.
>>
>>49191345
Yeah I'm currently running it in 5E but during the 4E spellplague as it's far more interesting with all the factions flying around with their plots including a clan of Aboleths trying to drain the essense of a Primordial god to rise themselves up into gods themselves so they can slay the other gods who struck their race down. Not to mention the Thayan necromancers trying to raise a dracolich with the same primordial energy and the followers of an Asmodeus cult summoning demons left right and centre as they try to take over the city.

It's bat shit crazy epic fantasy and I love it.
>>
>>49191335
>UA
>Official

UA are just Mearls' shit homebrew he's considering for internal playtesting.
>>
>>49191690
No.

The Shadow is CE, but because CE has been so heavily tarnished by a certain Batman villain people can't think of anything other than madmax when you say CE.
>>
File: 1460242512584.jpg (325KB, 800x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1460242512584.jpg
325KB, 800x1094px
>>49189898
Why when I could just steal what I want from it and add it to my far more enjoyable (to myself and my players) homebrew setting?

I always bastardize and take the whole "you can worship whatever gods despite alignments, the Church of the Silver Flame, and the idea of at least one or two organizations that can and do make magical gear for people though it's usually shit like a +1 Ox Plow or something).
>>
>>49191736
Yeah, pretty much none of what 4e did appealed to me so I know how you feel.
>>49191832
Meh. To each his own.
>>
My maps are on a centimeter scale, not an inch scale, and I've been looking a while for minis but haven't found any.

Is there a place where I can buy 1cm minis, or am I fucked and should switch to inch scale?
>>
>>49192284
Use pushpins.
>>
>>49192284
Why are your maps on a centimeter scale?
>>
>>49191050
i hope kobold PC stats are in there
>>
>>49192331
I laminated centimeter-paper, and cut some cardboard squares as tentative minis, to make exploring dungeons more easy.
Later I wanted to buy 3d minis and realized, that all minis are based on a inch scale.
>>
File: 1442864505535.gif (4MB, 310x351px) Image search: [Google]
1442864505535.gif
4MB, 310x351px
What is the lewdest thing that happened to your party? How awkward was it?
>>
>>49192454
We had to chase a guy through a brothel a little while ago and had to make some Acrobatic and Athletics checks to vault over some couples and whores.

We got arrested for it later and the stupid guy even got away.
>>
>read through the 2nd half of the CoS adventures
>no magical weapons, only magical armor is studded leather

why do they cuck fighters/barbarians/paladins so hard?
>>
File: Blibdoolpoolp-001-sized.jpg (424KB, 600x728px) Image search: [Google]
Blibdoolpoolp-001-sized.jpg
424KB, 600x728px
Hey guys

My PCs have been fighting through this subterranean dungeon in order to save the local noble, who's been kidnapped by Kuo Toas for reasons unknown.

Basically a Doppelganger is manipulating the KuoToas, disguised as Blibdoolpoolp, as he figures that he'll get a much better standard of living by being the Count instead of thet leader of Fishguys mcInsane.

Anyway,
As the "final" scene I was thinking that, if they fail to prevent the Doppelganger to flee with the Count, they'll find both of them on a bridge upon a maelstrom. Of course, the Doppelganger will take the Count's form, and the players will have to guess who's who.

Any thoughts on that? I'm a bit scared it'll backfire somehow, but eh.
>>
>>49192554
Seems okay to me.
It might indeed backfire but it's pointless hesitating based on what MIGHT happen.
>>
>>49192454
The irl virgin bard got lucky.
>>
>>49192554
Even better, Since the doppelganger has been acting as barbie with a lobster head, the Kutoa's rituals have been more fervent and ended up summoning the real Blibdoolpoolp into the realm.
>>
File: 1381462335913.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1381462335913.gif
4MB, 640x360px
is there a storm king's thunder player's guide yet? like how elemental evil had one
>>
>>49192454
My barbarian player tried to rape a fat orc woman. However she was stronger than him and it sorta turned into reverse rape.

It was just awkward enough to be hilarious.
>>
>>49192708
No, just like there wasn't one for CoS, or HotDQ or RoT, or OotA.
>>
>>49192697
I've thought of that already, but I really don't need to make the session longer, and it's supposed to be our last. It's already going to be a bit difficult since my players are pretty slow and passive.

But goddamn do I love Kuo Toas for low level parties. They're just so fucking good.
>>
>>49192708
There are no player options in SKT.
>>
File: BurdDoc.png (488KB, 1856x1262px) Image search: [Google]
BurdDoc.png
488KB, 1856x1262px
Hey guys I got into my first 5e game, making my first character so wish me luck. Here's a doodle of him, he's an Arakocra.
>>
>>49192925
The right looks like one of Plague Knight's minions in Shovel Knight. I approve.
>>
>>49192925
Looks pretty fucking sweet. I'd like to be able to draw like that. What "doctor" are you building?
>>
>>49192951
Thanks, I based his outfit partially from the recent Kingdom Death doctor mini they released, I bought one just to have.

>>49192973
Well at first I was just going to make a voodoo-y life domain Cleric but my GM showed me an Alchemist homebrew that I really, really like. You can check it out here:

https://www.dropbox com/sh/q299bpstf9n7wun/AADcYS9SLRiJSOUBRAil58ZTa/Alchemist?dl=0
>>
>>49192925
Cool drawing. Hope you have fun.
>>
>>49189977
Planescape really was a victim of the time it came out; it showed so many signs of wanting to be a 'big kid' game like all the other 90s stuff. (Seriously, as a fan of WoD, there is nothing worse than the 'anti-DnD' attitude that White Wolf and other companies took, not only because it was hypocritical as all hell, but it made things even more dated than the 'gothic-punk' aesthetic.)
The game works fine when it's all about being able to go to strange places and encounter strange things, powered by the awesome art (with god-tier DiTerlizzi front and center). It gest bad when it tries to be deep and meaningful, making the factions seem important, or treating the Lady of Pain as an impressive enigma, instead of just a living macguffin whose existence is necessary to keep the setting from imploding in a puff of logic.
The worst parts are the handful of setting books that spend 100+ pages telling you that 'these places will kill you instantly, and there's no reason to travel here', and the terrible, terrible campaign books that lead PCs by the nose, explain nothing, bash them over the head with their insignificance, and leave them with no understanding or reward by the end. (Took me years to understand what people saw in Monte Cook after reading 'Dead Gods'.)
>>
>>49191345
Given that most of the 4E changes were the equivalent of a skateboarding dog that's sooooo cooooool, the fact that it was gotten rid of by declaring 'my planet needs me' and poofing away was perfectly fine in my book.
>>
>>49192454
It didn't happen to the party and didn't happen at the table, but it was weird and kinda uncomfortable so I won't tell it here.
>>
>>49192454
The elven swashbuckler made comments about the dwarven arcane trickster. They both got drunk and had a bit of fade to black fun.
They're both male.

Then the tiefling paladin started scoping out the bust size of various female NPCs.
>>
>>49193284
4e setting stuff was a bullet point list of "what's hip with the kids in fantasy these days" and then mashing them into a single setting with no explanation and less sense without context.

It was clearly trying VERY hard to be cool.
>>
>>49193233
>>49189977
What's the one and only book I should read to learn to love Eberron? Always heard/read it's great but I don't have a lot of time to read setting books.
>>
>>49192454
My lewd days are confined to the 3E era; campaigns these days are relatively tame, even the ones inspired by LotFP adventures.
>>
>>49193353
Just read the core setting book and try to think of it as "D&D fantasy world hits the 1930's and meets pulp adventure".
If you like it fine, if not that's okay too.
>>
>>49193353
3.5e Eberron Campaign Setting book. The 4e one isn't bad either, honestly.
>>
Question about Ranger spellcasting.

Do Rangers require a focus to cast? I was surprised to see that they need to have a component pouch, so I wouldn't be surprised if they needed to have a focus as well.

Also, if anyone is tinkering with Ranger fixes regarding Hunters Mark, has anyone decided to add a Greater Hunters Mark that acts like the Oathbow's ability (you mark an opponent with the mark and for the next 7 days, cover only works if it is total cover, you have advantage against them AND they take extra damage. However, you can only have one Greater Mark active at a time and it only ends when it is dead, you are dead or seven dawns have passed since you marked them).

My Ranger fixes? Spellcasting becomes an archetype-only ability, Foe Slayer gets folded into Favored Enemy. Hunters Mark is gained at 2nd level and is limited to 3+Wismod/LRest with the caster level being ranger level/3. Two new Archetypes (Slayer and Mystic), one focusing on the "Serial Killer" vibe Wizards stripped out, the other being a mystically empowered instrument of Natures Vengeance with their signature ability allowing them to treejaunt. Still working on making a new capstone for all Rangers, as Foe Slayer got folded into vanilla Favored Enemy
>>
>>49193308
How do you mean "it didn't happen to the party?"
>>
>>49193349
Yeah, say what you will about Greenwood's magical realms, Salvatore's BDSM DBZ, and Grubb's....er....whatever people say when they criticize Grubb, but you can tell that the Realms as they portray it comes from what they like, not what the marketing department said that people like.
You can see that in a lot of the settings. Dragonlance is at its best when it's Mormon Lord of the Rings, then tapers off when Minotaur legions or Jedi vs. X-men stories show up. Planescape works great when it's weird vistas and shady characters, but starts losing out when it tries to be more like Shadowrun or Vampire. The further Dark Sun travels from Brom, the worse it gets (until you end up with loads of rejected-Exalted art in the 4E book.) And so on.
>>
>>49193435
No one "requires" a focus/component pouch to cast.
It just "removes" the material components, and for rangers there aren't that many spells with material components.
>>
>>49193353
None of the Eberron novels are canon so I never bothered to read them. I really started to love the setting when I read about the dragonmarked houses in the 3.5 Eberron Campaign Setting. The 3.5 Player's Guide to Eberron also helps to give a few pages about tons of D&D staples that have an Eberron twist to them.
>>
>>49193456
I frequently GM my players more RP-heavy stuff online during our intermittent games in person, because we rarely get a chance to do that IRL at the table.
One my players is a that one type of girl player who loves playing tragic dark heroine Roguee with sad pasts and such, very much a bad romance novel thing. It sounds annoying, but she's a fantastic role player and very party-oriented and helpful, take a lot of initiative when it comes to playing rather then just waits for me to feed her plot hooks and act upon them.
My recent private session for her explored her current character's backstory, which is filled with sexual abuse-type stuff of her tiefling Rogue.

She got like.....WAY insistent about describing the sex stuff in a way that was kinda disturbing, especially considering the content, full on purple prose flowery stuff. I am nearly 100% sure she was wanking it to the stuff the entire time, which is a little disturbing to me.
>>
>>49193635
what are you waiting for then
>>
>>49193635
>She got like.....WAY insistent about describing the sex stuff in a way that was kinda disturbing, especially considering the content, full on purple prose flowery stuff. I am nearly 100% sure she was wanking it to the stuff the entire time, which is a little disturbing to me.
This sounds like a gateway into some really kinky sex if she's not too ugly and she won't press charges for anything she wants you to do to her.
>>
Why are most of the 3PP materials for 5e so shit? Granted 90% of the 3PP stuff available for pathfinder or 3.x are garbage but there is so much stuff you can expect to find some gems in there.
>>
>>49193666
Nothing.
>>49193669
She's not stunningly attractive or anything, and has never shown any sexual interest in me as a person even once.
She's kinda awkward-looking and acting at times, definitely the sort you could see becoming a nerd in high school because she wasn't good looking enough or socially adept enough to fit in with prettier or chattier girls, which I know was in fact the case.

The crazy intensity of her little perversions just caught me WAY off guard, when I suppose it really shouldn't considering the contents of her bookshelf.
>>
>>49193714
90% of everything is shit. It's a universal constant.
>>
>>49193714
Sturgeon's Law
>>
>>49193754
>She's not stunningly attractive or anything
We know this, she's playing D&D and awkwardly detailing her sexual fantasies to you. She likely doesn't know how to express her interest and/or is afraid of being forward because she fears rejection. Most girls are goofy as fuck because they do not expect to approach a guy first and never develop the skill.

If her face isn't a boner-killer, get yourself some.
>>
>>49193796
Think the complaint from the other anon is that the 3PP for 5e feels closer to 95% shit than 90%. Plus, there's less stuff in general for 5 than 3.5 (because it's been out less time, natch), which makes even less usable good stuff.
Part of the problem is DM's Guild. The way it works, as has been mentioned, makes it basically a dumping ground for crap. I'm just glad it's in pdf form, and not killing game stores under its volume like back in the 3.0 days (though we still pretend that didn't happen, right? We still just talk about muh recession, or parrot Monte Cook in saying that the market was fair, and any failure was earned failure?) Still, a bit depressing just how much non-playtested crap gets put on there.
In theory, the way the licensing works means that 5e-compatible stuff can come out that *isn't* part of DM's Guild; ironically, this stuff tends to be better, but there's a lot less of it.
>>
>>49193754
Well sounds like she has rape fantasies, so it would make sense if she showed no interest in you on the outside. But her describing her sexual fantasies to you in a private session does mean something.
>>
>>49190971
Fucking chaotics.
>>
>>49193829
Meanwhile here I am afraid of crossing a line and driving off not only a good friend but one of the best players I have.
Fuck.
I'd probably be less hesitant if it weren't for the fact that I know at least twice two different guys were her "friends" for long periods of time and ended up basically trying to bang her as soon as they saw a chance, and when she refused they cut off contact which ended up hurting her feelings a lot.

Goddammit.
Shit like this is why I never dated anyone and hate the entire fucking "romance" bullshit, it's all way too pointlessly complex.
>>
>>49193900
>rape fantasies
That's not particularly surprising, that's actually really common with women.
>>
>>49193978
>>49193900
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>49193889

Exactly, there is a fuckton of crap for PF but because there is so much you are bound to find something useful.

In contrast the quality of 3PP 5e material has been almost universally dire to the point where Thule is possible the only one I'd suggest to use.

I'm just wondering why so many publishers are unwilling to shift to the 5e ecosystem.
>>
>>49193951
>Meanwhile here I am afraid of crossing a line and driving off not only a good friend but one of the best players I have.

Oh, you're broken

>I'd probably be less hesitant if it weren't for the fact that I know at least twice two different guys were her "friends" for long periods of time and ended up basically trying to bang her as soon as they saw a chance, and when she refused they cut off contact which ended up hurting her feelings a lot.

And so is she.

At least ask talk to her outside of an RP situation about why she's comfortable telling you this stuff. Build up some further comfort with her and watch for signs over time that she wants to get the D.
>>
>>49194002
Hey, THEY asked.
I didn't even want to talk about it, it still kinda makes me uncomfortable thinking about it.
>>
>>49193951
Well just don't make your move on her obvious, you can bail out if you really notice that she doesn't have any interest in you.

Maybe go along more with her fantasies in a private session. Do what she does and describe the sexual things happening in detail, make them even extreme/shocking for her and look how she reacts.
>>
>>49194048
>Oh, you're broken
The hell does that mean?
>>49194116
Yeah, was planning on talking to her discreetly.
I'm not going to "test the waters though", I deliberately avoided dating to NOT play those stupid fucking games.
>>
>>49193052
could you send the homebrew link once more?
>>
>>49194219
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q299bpstf9n7wun/AADcYS9SLRiJSOUBRAil58ZTa/Alchemist?dl=0
>>
>>49194039
Partly because the 3rd-party licensing works differently (I assume; haven't actually read how 5E's works), partly, I assume, because a lot of them remember what a goddamn shitshow 4E was. Both in terms of the terrible licensing, and in terms of how many bridges WotC burned.
(After all, Paizo itself would have happily continued to churn out stuff for 4E, never bothering with Pathfinder, if they hadn't gotten stabbed in the back.)
>>
>>49194364
>I assume; haven't actually read how 5E's works
Most of 5e's rules (more than the chunk of rules 3.5e gave) are covered under the original OGL as "SRD5."
>>
>>49194213
>>Oh, you're broken
>The hell does that mean?

You don't understand normal male/female dynamics and you're afraid of something you shouldn't be afraid of. If she's actually your friend and you don't just go "hey bb want sum fuk?" but you're not overly shy and fearful, she'll either open up to you or decline and you'll still be friends.

Maybe you are surprised, but let her see you're not judging her poorly for her fantasies and build up some comfort with her. She'll want some D.

You could at least go for, "Are you trying to turn me on?"
>>
>>49190179

not the anon you're replying to, but that makes me sad. As yet another aspiring dev with The Greatest Setting That Isn't Faerun Ever(tm), I'd love to adapt the setting to 5th edition, but without gutting and rebuilding the bulk of options in the PHB, it just can't easily be done.

Ah well, there's always the OSR crowd to wave my writer peen at.
>>
>>49194368
>You don't understand normal male/female dynamics and you're afraid of something you shouldn't be afraid of.

She wouldn't be my first girl or anything, just my first in over a decade.
Look, this isn't my blog or whatever, I'd rather get back on the topic of /5eg/ before I get banned or something.

In relation to ACTUAL thread-relevant stuff; her character is a Swashbuckler Rogue. Is it unbalancing that I let her Two-Weapon Fighting Feat apply her off-hand attribute bonus to damage like the Fighting Style does?
It doesn't seem that way so far and fits the archetype.
>>
File: 1439782941934.png (102KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439782941934.png
102KB, 600x400px
What are some good one-sentence descriptions of each notable kingdom in Eberron?

Because all I know is Cyre were flamboyantly Spanish and fucking dead as hell, while Thrane is the Papal States.
>>
>>49192511
Don't lie anon.
>>
>>49194481
Dude, it's ok to pursue sex. She probably likes sex too. No harm in talking to her about it.

In relation to ACTUAL thread-relevant stuff; her character is a Swashbuckler Rogue. Is it unbalancing that I let her Two-Weapon Fighting Feat apply her off-hand attribute bonus to damage like the Fighting Style does?
Consider giving her the fighting style as a non-treasure reward at some point. Something she has done can earn her lessons from a fighter in that style and grant it to her. There's more RP opportunities in that than just houseruling the feat to be better.
>>
What's a good way to build a plague doctor? I was thinking about Healer Rogue, but wasn't sure how to build it.
>>
File: 1455878327756.jpg (91KB, 515x683px) Image search: [Google]
1455878327756.jpg
91KB, 515x683px
>>49193635
>One my players is a that one type of girl player who loves playing tragic dark heroine Roguee with sad pasts and such, very much a bad romance novel thing. It sounds annoying, but she's a fantastic role player and very party-oriented and helpful, take a lot of initiative when it comes to playing rather then just waits for me to feed her plot hooks and act upon them.
>She got like.....WAY insistent about describing the sex stuff in a way that was kinda disturbing, especially considering the content, full on purple prose flowery stuff. I am nearly 100% sure she was wanking it to the stuff the entire time, which is a little disturbing to me.

I really hate to break it to you anon, but girls get off *hard* to this sort of stuff.

I've been at the freaky ERP bullshit game for a long time, and this just has all the hallmarks of a typical female player getting off to a very common fantasy.

Fact: The most popular non-human male lovers are Vampires, Werewolves and Elves, in that order.
>>
Is variant human inquisitive rogue with the keen mind and observant feat the best way to go about making a sherlock Holmes type character?
>>
What is everyone's opinion on the Tunnel Fighter style? Specifically in combination with Polearm Mastery and Sentinel for maximum synergy.
>>
>>49194521
Breland: Pre-depression America, complete with its own New York.

Aundair: Magical Western Europe with a possibly-crazy queen

Karrnath: Post-war Germany and a little Russian flavor with undead laborers and cannon fodder.

I had Cyre pegged as a bit Persian too, though I could see Spain while the Moorish influence was still really strong.
>>
>>49194521
>while Thrane is the Papal States.

Brown-girl loli pope is best pope.
>>
>>49192454
tried to flirt with a spidergirl, then tried sneaking into her room, shen spotted the player said
>I THOUGHT THAT WAS INVITATION
PC is a girl who spent a big chunk of her life living with a dragon, so she's pretty bad at socializing, it's great.
>>
File: doged.png (323KB, 365x364px) Image search: [Google]
doged.png
323KB, 365x364px
Do you guys give your PCs pets? If so how often and under what conditions?
>>
>>49194521
Neither of those description are good.
In fact they're kind of really bad.

>Breland
Fantasy early 20th Century US.
Sharn is NYC, it's King is Teddy Roosevelt.
>Aundair
Peaceful pastoral lands of farmers and craftsman. Seems idealistic, but it's Queen is ruthlessly ambitious even while she appears saintly.
>Darguun
Mostly goblins trying to build a functional society while not ceasing to be traditional D&D goblins.
>Demon Wastes
Literally what it sounds like
>Droaam
Rough frontier mostly inhabited by semi-civilized monsters.
>Eldeen Reaches
Forests and Druids and shit.
>Kaarnath
Somewhere in between Soviet Russia and post WW1 German Republic, only instead of state socialism they have "state corpse recycling".
>Lhazhaar
Pirate princes.
>Cyre
French-like ("center of culture and civilization and pretty things"), except now it's Hiroshima.
>Mror Holds
Fantasy dwarves finally figure out what banking is.
>Q'Barra
Rainforests and Rebels and lizard men.
>Shadow Marches
WELCOME TO THE SWAMP MOTHERFUCKER
>Talenta Plains
Dinosaur Riding Halflings
>Thrane
Theocratic state, church has corrupt bits but Lolipope is good person.
>Valenar
Mongolian Horse Nomad Elf Ninjas
>Zilargo
Gnomes of Zurich, only in fantasy.
>>
>>49194521
Breland: Britain meets early-1900s America. They just want to keep the peace.

Aundair: France that got cucked super-hard out of their western forests AND their former capital. At least they still got rad magic schools and vineyards and shit.

Karrnath: Germany with undead legions, that are super-pissed that the dinosaur-riding halflings split off from them.

Darguun: A successful Islamic State but with goblins

Droaam: Monster-races-only campaign setting

Talenta Plains: Dinosaur-riding halfling barbarians. That's all that needs to be said.

Valenar: Elves don't give a shit. Not a single goddamn shit about anything.

Mror Holds: Here Be Dwarves

Lhazaar Principalities: Those island nations from A Song of Ice and Fire.

Demon Wastelands: Everything the light touches will someday belong to you. Except that shadowy place. Don't go there, the anthropomorphic tigers and hyenas will murder the shit out of you.
>>
>>49194613
Try building a character and not a feat combo, see how that goes.
Also, the idea of a close-tunnel fighting expert being a polearm master makes me laugh a bit.
>>
>>49194568
>There's more RP opportunities in that than just houseruling the feat to be better.

Already done that.
Maybe in the next solo session I'll have her get lessons from a Fighter type guy as a way to explain it, good idea.
>>49194597
>I really hate to break it to you anon, but girls get off *hard* to this sort of stuff.
I know. Just kinda never thought of her that way.
>Fact: The most popular non-human male lovers are Vampires, Werewolves and Elves, in that order.
Jokes on her, my character when I get to play is a half-elf Bard.
>>
>>49194686
Our party has a pet Tressym, sort of out adventuring company mascot.
It's name is Fluffles the Skycat.
It actually probably has a REAL name since it gets angry whenever we call it that, but since none of us speak cat none of us know it's real name it's just Fluffles the Skycat to us.
>>
File: 1435660382097.jpg (246KB, 1171x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1435660382097.jpg
246KB, 1171x1400px
What is the recommended level PCs should have for CoS, not counting death house of course.
>>
>>49194894
>>
>>49194894
I started at 3 and did Death House.
>>
>>49194686
>party member, bard with expertise in persuasion nat 20s to befriend slime
>acts independently
>slime has pretty poor stats, AC of less than 10, but good health for its level and resists bludgeoning. Very slow, slowing the entire party down a lot, needs upgrades to do things like fit in bucket
>it barely ever rolls below 15, keeps getting 17-20 on most of its checks
>saves mini-party on first encounter, but is mostly too confused and slow to be useful most encounters, only viable defensively.
>most places give the party a bit of shit for bringing a slime along
>doesn't show much willingness to stick around with the rest of the party after bard's death
>>
>>49194928
>>49194905
Alright, then I'm out of luck, are there any adventures which start at level 5-7?
>>
>>49194985
Pretty sure that storm king is designed for that, with a mini adventure to start to get you to 5.

Haven't read it yet. Just what I have been told
>>
I'm running a campaign in Eberron focusing on Karrnath.

My group just prevented a terroristic organization from torching a lower class neighborhood in Korth. A local has offered them a house to stay in free of rent in exchange for helping out with neighborhood defenses.

What are some things the locals can do to show their appreciation? I already have some grateful housewives giving them free meals, and the other neighborhood watchers act as an information network for them.
>>
So people were talking about playing a Priestess of Sune with a Paladin of Helm being their 'loyal protector' yesterday.

I don't know much about FR gods and goddesses. Are there any other pairing that would work well together? Or would most pairings with gods of similar alignment work out?
>>
>>49194985
In SKT you can start at either 1 or around 5. It even has plot hooks if you want to use characters from other released modules like LMoP.
>>
File: 1448927649887.png (13KB, 555x407px) Image search: [Google]
1448927649887.png
13KB, 555x407px
>>49195078
>What are some things the locals can do to show their appreciation?

>The lovely local neighborhood bicycle tries to shack up with one of the more handsome PCs
>Locals pester the gang with small problems knowing they can easily handle them
>Little girl names her pet cat after one of the PCs
>Local baker insists they sign an exclusive contract advertising his shop
>>
>>49192769
Not even rune magic shit? I thought that was hyped.
>>
so I'm about to hit lv 4 with my half orc barbarian.

I have 17 str and 13 dex. Should I take the ASI and get +1 (plus +1 AC due to unarmored defense) to both modifiers or go for Great Weapon Fighting? both options seem too good, I can't decide
>>
>>49195292
The runes are in there as magic items, but the prestige class idea was shat on so they dropped it.
>>
>>49195315
>prestige class idea
Prestige in general? Or just that one class?
>>
>>49195349
Both.
>>
>>49195115
>I don't know much about FR gods and goddesses. Are there any other pairing that would work well together? Or would most pairings with gods of similar alignment work out?

Several, FR deities frequently are "aligned" with each other.
Some examples:
>The Triad
Torm, the God of Loyalty.
Tyr, God of Justice
Illmater, God of Suffering (the Martyrdom/protecting the weak sense)
These guys had an entire joint paladin order around them and their clerked routinely worked together if they could.

>The Dead Three
Bane, God of Tyranny
Bhaal, God of Murder
Myrkul, God of Death
These three guys actually knew each other in life centuries ago and jointly became gods after winning a dice game with another deity. They're called the "Dead Three" because all three have died once and now all have returned. Their religions didn't always work together but have a sort of "non-interference" thing going on with each other.

>The Gods of Fury
Talos, God of Wrath and Destruction
Auril the Frostmaiden, Godddess of Winter
Malar the Beastlord, God of Savagery and the Hunt
Umberlee the Bitch Queen, Goddess of the Sea
These four helped each other out because they mutually agreed that being full-on rageaholics all the time totally worked for them as a group.

>The Gods of Nature
Milekki, Goddess of Hunting and Rangers
Silvanus, God of Wild Nature
Chauntae, Goddess of Agriculture and Natural Harmony
Milekki and Chauntae basically align the more powerful but Neutral-aligned Silvanus and temper his cranky old-man-ness.

>The Gods of Mulhorond
These dudes are the Egyptian Pantheon and mostly work together pretty well, whereas a lot of the other "micro" pantheons have plenty of internal arguments.

>The Gods of War
Tempus the Battlelord, God of War
The Red Knight, Goddess of Strategy
These two are kind odd; Tempus is the God of MANLY WAR HEROISM (his personal creed is awesome), and the Red Knight he sort of fondly sees as his "daughter" of sorts as he sponsored her heroism.
>>
Assuming that the next adventure WoTC releases plays once again in Fearun, where do you want it to take place and what kind of enemies, locations or themes do you want to see?
>>
>>49195312
You're probably best off going +1 to strength, +1 to dex and then using two-weapon-fighting.

14 dex is good as it works with both unarmoured defence and medium armour.

More strength is obviously good.

However, if you are a berserker, go GWF. Berzerkers are shit, but it works out better for them, probably.

Just do what you want to do.
>>
>>49195315
>>49195418
wizards pls

I was really looking forward to rune magic
>>
File: kukri-UKaug2011-1.jpg (359KB, 1556x1363px) Image search: [Google]
kukri-UKaug2011-1.jpg
359KB, 1556x1363px
>>49189768
I want to use a kukri as a monk. Would it be better to fluff a shortsword or a handaxe as the kukri? Or are there kukris in some splatbook I'm not looking at.
>>
File: 1413063701383.webm (2MB, 800x527px) Image search: [Google]
1413063701383.webm
2MB, 800x527px
Hey lads, starting a 5e module with the group in a few weeks. How does class balance stack up in 5e? Are martials still totally assfucked? Warlock looks kind of cool but I was also looking at paladin.

Webm not related
>>
>>49195501
I want the Red Wizards to show up as major villains again for an adventure.
I HIGHLY doubt any adventure is going to take place outside the Sword Coast and North, so the Red Wizards is probably the best alternative.

The other ideas I had are something revolving around Evermeet and the elves re-establishing contact with mainland Faerun for the first time since the Spell Plague while elven terrorists (they were a thing in 3e) try to disrupt it, or an entire adventure involving re-discovering Maztica with lots of pirates and settlers and sea travel and crazy Aztec shit and stuff.
>>
>>49195532
I fluff them as a handaxe because despite having a long edge they ARE used more as a handaxe then a knife, being a blade-heavy chopping weapon.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 283x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 283x281px
>>49195573
Alternatively; Manshoon shows up as a major villain (no so dead after all....again) the PC's gotta kill.
Lots of stuff with the Zhentarim basically being split between wanting to be the cold-blooded but more rational and efficient evil group they are now and those loyal to their former Wizard megalomaniac leader.
>>
>>49195536
Paladins are excellent team support.

Warlocks are kind of eh, but they're definitely functional. Wizards are probably better, but warlocks can have more fun in situations where there are lots of short rests and are quite flavourful. Bladelocks are shite.

Four elements monk is shite.
Monk itself is shite if you don't have good stats. It's good if you do have good stats.
Beastmaster hunter is a joke unless you really know what you're doing, and then it's kind of okay.

Barbarian is actually a tank. Often people play them as the '8 int dumb bricks' that get bored if you don't put them through a lot of fights so they can walk up to things and hit them. They're very good to have on a team, though.

Fighters are boring. Champions are an absolute borefest, battlemasters make it more interesting and so do EKs. Just warn anyone who wants to go pure champion.

Wizards are still king with their wide utility range, and can do some broken stuff later when nobody plays anyway, but typically work best if they work with the team rather than try to be a one-man-god.

Sorcerers aren't as good as wizards, but they're somewhat different and still nice to play.

Clerics are nice to have about.

Bards are worse than wizards for utility. They have access to every single fucking spell. Not a one-man-army, but certainly powerful if they still have their spell slots and inspirations.

Druid's beastform is kind of broken in terms of tanking.

Rogues and Monks are the fun martials.
>>
>>49195536
>>49195693
Oh, and some other things to add because character limit:

Rogues are expected to sneak attack a lot more often, but they don't exactly do lots and lots of damage. They don't even get extra attacks, which makes them oddly suitable to multi-class with extra attack classes.

Barbarians have really shit class features from level 5 onwards. Not shit flavour or interest -wise, the barbarian is still viable, but features that really make the barbarian good are far and few between. Having a pure barbarian is still great, though.

So, basically

Let players pick whatever they want.
If it's:
Berzerker Barbarian
Four Elements Monk
Beastmaster Hunter
Champion Fighter
Pact of the Blade Warlock
Then you should probably be a little wary, but those options can still be fun.

5e is balanced so there aren't a lot of trap options, so your players should be fine whatever they pick. Some picks might be a little more or less viable depending on how players play things, but if you do your job as a DM you won't have to worry about it.

tl;dr: Much less of a powergap between martials and casters. Casters still have much better utility, normally.
>>
>>49195693
>Monk itself is shite. What the fuck are you smoking? Shadow, burning soul, open hand and long death are all viable.
>>
File: 1432858976163.webm (832KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1432858976163.webm
832KB, 800x450px
>>49195693
>>49195946
Awesome. I'm still waiting to hear from the party, all I know so far is we have a vengeance paladin. If she doesn't change her mind.

Thanks for a very helpful post anon.
>>
>>49196151
Read, nigga.
>Monk itself is shite IF YOU HAVE BAD STATS.
This applies to monk more than anyone, because of how their unarmoured defence works.
Barbarian doesn't have good stats? They can put on medium armour.
Wizard doesn't have good stats? They're not a frontline class, and they can get mage armour anyway.
Fighter doesn't have good stats? Put on heavy armour. Bam, 18 AC without even doing anything.

If the monk rolls up bad stats, they're punished by a low AC they can't do anything about and a low damage modifier on their 1d4 punches, along with crappy save DCs and probably low con to go with it, despite being a front-line fighter.
Patient defence works brilliantly if you actually have good AC.
>>
File: The Druid.jpg (388KB, 800x491px) Image search: [Google]
The Druid.jpg
388KB, 800x491px
What new archetype would you guys like for Druids. Also I'll be playing a 2nd group for teh storm giant campaign as one. I thinking going as a shifter or wood elf but I can't find the UA pdf with the race rules for shifters.
>>
>>49196626
How about a druid who gets his powers from humanity and civilization rather than nature and animals?

Kinda like a medieval age techno-wizard.
>>
>>49196626
One that doesn't transform, but summons a lot.
>>
>>49196626
UA Eberron, it's in the MEGA.

It's shit though, just play an elf and save yourself the trouble.
>>
>>49196626
Wait sorry I meant Curse of Strahd
>>
>>49196762
Right wood elf it is.
>>
>>49196626
shaman
I want the 4e shaman
>>
>>49196626
I'd like a Shaman-type Druid, but I've no idea how that would work as Shamans and Druids used to work quite differently.
>>
>>49196249
>needs two stats for defenses
>said stats are used for every single feature the class has
also
>assuming everybody will roll for stats
Kill yourself fampai
>>
>>49196626
>Sentinel druid archetype from 4e
>>
>>49197068
Do I need to drill it into your brain?
Read the whole fucking thing.

>IF you obtain low stats for whatever reason (i.e. bad point buy, not using your stat-ups on your stats and on feats instead or getting bad rolls) then monk is shite as it is more stat-dependent than other classes
>IF you obtain high stats for whatever reason, it's much better

The fact that they're the most important stats for monks doesn't stop new players from going 'Oh, I want to play.. A human with some feat!' or going 'Oh I think I'll use my stat-up on a feat, because these feats look really cool.'

Tell me how you know the person who asked the question definitely isn't rolling for stats.
>>
>>49196704
>>49196626
This, I love summoner classes and I'm dissapointed by the lack of them in 5e
>>
>>49193635
Just my personal experience but most of my past girlfriends needed to be treated like shit to be happy. I found that if you treat them how they want to be perceived by their friends and family in public and treat them like shit about half the time when your alone together they are usually happy as hell. Tret them too nice all the time or put them on a pedestal all the time and they lose all respect for you and will make you out to be a demon asshole.
>>
>>49194751
>but Lolipope is good person
Tell me more!
>>
Just ran a session that was primarily based on downtime activities. Rather new to DMing too.

It was pretty comfy and chill as fuck. Party decided to use their riches and fame from Lost Mines to create their own stronghold. Riches for materials and fame to get people to have the honor to aid their heroes and stuff.

The wizard wanted to research shit and I dropped hints of Curse of Strahd in his results so he has gushed the party about his findings and they are all looking forward to more informtion. It ended rather low-key but with a tinge of hope for the next adventure which in where I will bring Curse of Strahd. Might modify the Vistani visitors encounter into and have it in Phandalin though.
>>
>>49195482
>The Gods of Mulhorond
You have no idea how happy I am that Mulhorond is back and it's gods are as well.
>>
File: 1470882662850.jpg (35KB, 467x508px) Image search: [Google]
1470882662850.jpg
35KB, 467x508px
>>49196153
For the love of god give me the source for this.
>>
>>49197574
The movie? It's "Excalibur" Fucking epic movie anon, just rewatched it a few nights ago even.
>>
>>49197412
I wouldn't say 'treat them like shit'.

If you bug someone constantly (usually private, since you're all alone then) then they'll hate you, regardless of if they're a man or a woman.

>>49197574
I just want to know why he didn't move his hand to stop himself being stabbed.

That's just a basic thing of life.
>>
Howdy guys. Im really wanting to make an oathbreaker paladin for an upcoming game I'll be playing in. We start at level 6 if that matters, and my DM has oked me playing it. What i want to know is how do I make one without going total edge lord? My idea was i was once a paladin who just lost his way, perhaps listened to someone he shouldn't have and now uses dark powers. Even that seems to edgy. Really I just want to play a Dark knight.
>>
>>49197614
Well, it's the end of the tale of King Arthur, where he wins an unwinnable battle with the rest of his army vs. Morgan la Fey's troops, THEN has to kill his bastard son, and only succeeds in doing so by a last minute save from Lancalot.

And his son hated him so much he went deeper into the spear to take Excalibur from Arthur's hands and stab him with it. That's how brutal the story is. Arguably, "Excalibur" is the most faithful of movie adaptations of the King Arthur lore done by Hollywood.
>>
>>49191401
I woulda gone trip attack if I wasn't playing with two ranged allies who get disadvantage attacking a prone target. I like rally too, but I'd want at least a 14 cha for it I feel.
I don't like precision much - I prefer feinting in S&B builds.
>>
File: c92f6adbac16d0a05c0e5d0280bf56d3.jpg (127KB, 736x1008px) Image search: [Google]
c92f6adbac16d0a05c0e5d0280bf56d3.jpg
127KB, 736x1008px
>>49197498
>Tell me more!

Church of the Silver Flame is literally the Catholic Church.

The girl in the seat at the top left is the Pope, her name is Jaela Daran.

She's a 13 year old brown-girl, and a level 18 Cleric in a setting where being anything above level 10 is a huge, huge deal.
>>
>>49197599

Its a must see. Like the early 80s Dragonslayer(1981). I'd also throw Krull in there too.
>>
File: Jaela.jpg (38KB, 271x443px) Image search: [Google]
Jaela.jpg
38KB, 271x443px
>>49197498
>>49197738
She's cute.
>>
>>49197699
For some reason I recall the son being the result of incest. I could have sworn Lefey was Authurs sister or half sister.
>>
>>49197673
They lost too many allies and friends and listened to people they should not have and cavorted with dark entities to help save his fellows but in so doing tainted his own soul and was cast from his knightly order/church/organization/etc.
>>
>>49197738
Mind you she's only level 18 while within Flamekeep. Otherwise she's only 3rd level.
>>
To the discussion on Monks being the most MAD class out of the box in 5e:

Yes, they are. Compared to the other martial melee classes, Fighter has higher hit die and can wear heavy armor, Rogue gets to focus solely on Dex. and still Disengage with Cunning Action, Paladin has same stuff as Fighter AND Lay on Hands, and Barbarian gets to straight up halve the damage he takes from weapons, and if he goes Bear Totem is a nigh-unkillable tank once he activates Bear totem rage.

Meanwhile, Monk has d8 hit die and their movement skill is tied into their Flurry of Blows, which eats up their bonus action that they could use to disengage. So they need high Dex. to deal damage, hit, and get higher AC, along with high Wis. to boost AC even more and get a few extra uses out of class features.

Honestly, they need another 1-2 ASIs to be strong come late game.
>>
>>49197755
We really need a proper and concise list of classic low and high fantasy movies list.
>>49197803
He is the result of incest, but technically Arthur is a bastard son as well so yeah, sort of cyclical in that regard. Merlin cast magic to make Uther have sex and beget Arther, Morgana uses magic to sex her half-brother and beget Mordred.
>>
>>49197803

she is.
>>
>>49197837
Monks are also arguably the martial class that benefits the very least from feats, keep in mind.
You can easily start with 16 Dex 16 Wis, and use all your ASIs to pump Dex followed by Wis, keep in mind. So by the late game you've already got your 20 Dex and either 20 or almost 20 Wis.
>>
>>49197803
Right; Le Fey is Arthur's half-sister (I don't remember from where though, my memory on Arthur myth is a bit rusty). She tries to woo Arthur, he says no. Merlin tells him to kick her out because of the power in magic she seeks, he does so. She disguises herself as Guenivere one night, gets Arthur drink and magically whammies him, then makes sure that she gets pregnant with her magic.

Merlin tries to stop her, she imprisons him in something, which is why he is missing for like 20 years and Arthur's kingdom begins to wane in power, because he lost Merlin's council.
>>
File: 1429551170340.png (1MB, 646x983px) Image search: [Google]
1429551170340.png
1MB, 646x983px
>>49197738

Why can't more settings actually put effort into making their religions feel like legitimate organizations? So much of Eberron actually felt polished and compelling.

Was it because divine magic is a legitimate thing, but the divine itself was ambiguous and potentially nonexistent, thus opening the door to multiple interpretations on how religion should develop and allow multiple alignments within a single organization?
>>
>>49197920
>Merlin tries to stop her, she imprisons him in something, which is why he is missing for like 20 years and Arthur's kingdom begins to wane in power, because he lost Merlin's council.

Merlin gets trapped under a rock by Le Fey's brightest pupil, who tried to unlock the secret of Merlin's magical prowess (I think it was his virginity?)
>>
>>49197837

Agreed. Monks are fun but kinda weak sadly.

that being said, has anyone had a fun experience with a shadow monk/rogue multiclass? I'm thinking of making a ninja for my next character.
>>
Just hit 4 as a Rogue. I've been consistently rolling like shit, so I want to become proficient in as much shit as I can and will probably take Resilient so at 11 I can have another save with a guaranteed 10+.

Which is the most important save for general use, besides DEX and INT since Rogue has those by default? Or should I just get my DEX to 20 and pray the dice gods decide to stop fucking me?

As of now the best course seems to be ASI/Feat at 4>Resilient at 8>Skilled at 10, but I don't know what to grab for the first two.

Thinking of going for Tavern Brawler for STR+1 and Grappling/Improvised Weapons since I use a lot of those with the Use an Item action, Resilient STR to bump STR up another tier and to avoid getting grabbed, then for Skilled it's easily going to be Athletics for guaranteed grapples, Investigation for obvious reasons, and either Medicine or Arcana depending on how things go because 11 is still a long ways away, but that falls apart if I decide to go with something like WIS or CON to avoid being stunned/mind controlled.
>>
>>49197699
It's really hard to work out what the fuck is going on, but all I know is that the guy with the spear could have easily have stopped themselves from dying and the guy in the background didn't want to interfere, so it can't have been 'One wants to kill the other and would in that moment be happy to live on after doing so.'
>>
>>49197833
she is 13 only of time to develop her abilities.
>>
File: woolie feelin it.png (291KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
woolie feelin it.png
291KB, 500x429px
>all this talk about Eberron
>>
>>49197911
Yeah, they do benefit the least from most feats, but if they do grab one, it usually ends up being Alert, Grappler (if they want to be Lucha Libre!), Mobile, or Lucky*.

* Lucky is arguably the strongest feat in the game right now if you aren't a Halfling.
>>
File: 1456711435729.jpg (62KB, 736x715px) Image search: [Google]
1456711435729.jpg
62KB, 736x715px
>>49197833

>tfw you will never be a pious Silver Paladin escorting her holy adorableness across Thrane
>>
>>49197951
Take Lucky, Resilient (CON) and then drop everything into DEX and then CHA. Be mindful of what you put your Expertise in.
>>
>>49198009
What talk about Eberron?
>>
>>49198038
It hurts
>>
>>49198038
Good luck with that, she has her own version of the Swiss Guard to do that. Ask your DM if you can make that a focus of what you want to do and see if a number of your quests/duties come from the church itself (maybe weeding out corruption, spreading the faith, defending the faithful in the frontiers, etc?)
>>
>>49198041
That's not a bad idea since my CON is an uneven number, but the rest of the stats are good since I rolled well (STR being my lowest at 10) so I'll probably still go with Skilled at 10. I don't know what I'll do after 11 because games never make it that far anyways.

Lucky is excellent, but Sharpshooter's extra damage seems like it'd be incredibly useful combined with Hide spam.
>>
>>49198016
I think Polearm Master is actually the strongest feat in the game.
I'd put Lucky at second, close to GWM, with Alert coming in at fourth.
>>
>>49198009

What is your favorite kingdom and why is it Breland?
>>
>>49198167
Nah man, Gourmand, easy.
>>
>>49198212
How could I forget?
>>
>>49198200
I'll be running an Eberron campaign as soon as my CoS one is done, and they'll be starting in Breland, actually.

Got me some intrigue, different power groups vying for their own interests, dragonmarked houses and royals involved, it's gonna be great.
>>
does anyone actually use Muls?
i know they're an old, rarely used race, but they showed up in 4e, and apparently (i just learned this) they got a revamp in one of the dragon issues of the time, to have less retarded "im totes a slave even though im super strong, durable, and not an idiot" in universe uses

i personally like the idea of them, but their look and fluff are shit. human + short'n'hairy apparently equals super tall bald dudes
>>
>>49197950
No, but it sounds viable enough.

Start off as rogue for extra skill proficiency, 5 levels in monk to get extra attack + stuns, rest of your levels up rogue. Rapier and shortsword - make an attack with rapier, make an attack with shortsword which triggers martial arts, make an unarmed strike.
It's a multiclass that can work if you want it to. Rogue is a great multiclass class for martials.
>>
>>49198325
>Athasian Dwarves
>Short'n'Hairy
Short'n'Bald, friendo. Don't talk shit about Mul unless you know your Dark Sun.
>>
>>49198041
>>49198116
I decided to go with Resilient- CON. Surely not having Lucky won't bite me in the ass, right?
>>
>>49198486
ah piss you're right. i completely forgot dark sun ones were bald anyway. i dont know if the 4e ones were in a specific setting, or just the generic world though
>>
>>49197951

nigga wtf are you doing. tavern brawler? why do you need strength?

skilled feat? Why on god's green earth; you're already a rogue with 6+ skill profs. resilient con is a nice pick up because it means you get all 3 strong saving throws but it's hardly necessary especially early on. you hardly need the skilled feat, and you should leave grappling to somebody with real strength. You can find better things to use your cunning action on than barstools; like caltrops, alchemist's fire, oil, or anything that'll make a hazard and put your team at an advantage.

strength rogues aren't bad, mind you, but if you've already started by pumping all your shit into dex and charisma (I guess) then it's not worth it to try and go back on it now.
>>
>>49198675
I don't think resilient is worth it for a rogue. I think lucky and alert are both much better.
>>
Question, for a cleric wielding a 2handed weapon that likes being in the thick of things, such as a war cleric, would I need to take the war caster feat?

Or is taking a hand off my maul, grabbing my holy symbol dangling from my neck and casting the spell in a single turn all possible without it?
>>
>>49198856
A two-handed weapon only needs both hands when you go to attack with it. Otherwise you can hold it in one hand.

This is covered in both Sage Advice and in the PHB errata.
>>
>>49198856
only the most miserly of DMs would not let you cast spells with a 2hander

you don't need two hands on the weapon at all times, it only weighs like six pounds or so. You only need to two hand it when attacking.

also I've never played with a DM that really observed rules for foci. So long as you have one on your person you're good.
>>
>>49198338
Or just ask your DM if he can consider your unarmed attacks as having the "finesse" property. I believe most would be fine with it (you do alredy use dex to attack with them anyway).
>>
>>49198873
>>49198893
That was unexpectedly fast, cheers friends.
>>
>>49198756
>strength rogues aren't bad
They're honestly pointless unless you've multiclassed. If you've multiclassed well, strength rogues can be brilliant.

You trade higher initiative, higher AC, better dex saves and much better stealth checks (you can hide as a bonus) for... Better grapple checks, which will already be pretty damn high anyway? Strength saves, which aren't that great?

>>49197951
Either I'm retarded or I'm pretty fucking sure you
a) don't get a feat at 11. You get it at 12.
b) Don't use reliable talent on save throws.

The frequency of save throws demanded in the monster manual goes as follows:
Con>Dex>Wis=Str>>Cha>Int
Even so, wis is still better than strength.

Charisma and int are important when demanded, but almost never demanded, ever.

Standard grappling does not require a strength saving throw. Of course, some monsters do that, but even so.
You don't need strength as a rogue unless you're multiclassing. Getting higher strength for the sole purpose of better grapples is pretty weird.
>>
>>49198924
If they do that, you might as well ask if they allow the quarterstaff to have the finesse property too so that you can use a quarterstaff instead of a rapier.
>>
>>49199028

Pretty sure he's thinking of the bonus ASI rogues get at level 10.

Also, if people want to grapple hard as a strength rogue (Multiclass barbarian here seems strong) then by all means all power to them.

IDK what the fuck this guy's doing but it's pretty nuts and probably not great.
>>
>>49198924
I pitch a fit if someone tried that at a table where I was playing.
>>
>>49197565
Since you're likely that guy who played a Mulhorondi Paladin of Horus, I think I might have an idea.
>>
>>49199099
Barbarogue is fucking ridiculous.
>rage
>resistance to almost all damage, use with uncanny dodge for 0.25x damage
>extra damage
>you can wear shields
>you get an extra attack, which is great for a rogue
>danger sense, making you practically invulnerable to anything dex-save-based when used with evasion
>reckless attack, so you can always sneak attack
>no need for dex beyond 14, since you can wear
>if your con is high enough, unarmoured defence might actually give even more AC
>advantage to all grapple checks while raging
>if you're insane enough to take levels in barbarian beyond 5, you can get advantage on initiative checks, which is great for assassins

If you want to be a strength rogue, the best way to do it is to go somewhat barbaric.
>>
>>49193714

5e was written with a different design philosophy than 3.PF, namely that it should be playable enough with the free PDFs, complete with those plus the PHB, more than fully complete with the 3 core books, and core plus a supplement/adventure path should represent an embarrassment of riches.

As a result 5e doesn't require, or leave a terrible amount of space for, new materials the way that 3.PF did. Every once in a while someone will drop a well-written, tightly focused product that scratches an itch the 5e community has (Mercer Gunslinger, Consensus Ranger) but for the most part 5e players just aren't looking for a constant stream of add-ins. No judgement, although I might prefer one of the two I'm just pointing out a fundamental difference in the two play styles.
>>
>>49197921
Basically this.
The Silver Flame is the only church with real power but that's largely because it doubles as a regional government.
>>
>>49199276

Consensus Ranger?
>>
>>49199394
>>49199394
its a ranger homebrew that combines the general ideas/fixes of many of the other homebrews, into one concensus of "what a ranger should have" with the logic of "if it shows up alot, people must want it"
its alright as a whole, which makes sense since it was a concensus from the starting line, they've fixed it over time for balance as well.
generally the only falling point of it is BM, which is an unimpressive change that many dm's would have done without ever using a homebrew to begin with. you either, HD advance your pet, or pick a bigger one. thats pretty much bm's entire change

really all it fixes was what was needed though, the base class needed some love, bm needs a little, and hunter needs virtually none, which is what they ended up doing
google it, either a reddit post, or a blog should be the result, i think both are up to date
>>
>>49189898
I prefer planescape and mystara
>>
I think wizards is going to make us sick of Forgotten Realms. Then instead of a new rule set they will release a new setting with modifications to the 5E ruleset for that setting, run it out and then move to the next setting. 5E will be around till almost 2030.
>>
>>49199740
Possibly.
Or Occam's Razor could apply.
>>
File: Water Genasi.png (78KB, 418x788px) Image search: [Google]
Water Genasi.png
78KB, 418x788px
Are there any homebrews for the more out-there Genasi, like Sandsoul and Stormsoul and such?
>>
If I wanted to buff Bladelocks by porting the Hideous Blow invocation over from 3.5, what would be the best way to do it?

Hideous Blow 3.5: Warlock Invocation (Blast Shape). When you use your Eldritch Blast SLA, you can channel it though a melee weapon rather than firing it as a ray, adding melee weapon damage to your blast. However, it sucked in 3.5 because it was still considered a SLA, and incurred an attack of opportunity.

Hideous Blow 5e, idea A: Prerequisite: Pact of the Blade, eldritch blast cantrip. When you attack an enemy with your pact weapon, you can cast eldritch blast on the same target as a bonus action. You do not provoke an opportunity attack from the target for casting the spell in this way.

Hideous Blow 5e, idea B: Prerequisite: Pact of the Blade, eldritch blast cantrip. When you attack an enemy with your pact weapon, you gain bonus damage equal to a single ray of your eldritch blast. You can apply this damage once per turn. If you have multiple attacks and multiple rays, you can apply this bonus damage to each attack, limited by whichever is fewer.
>>
>Be the DM
>Barbarian has an effective 296 HP while raging
What the fuck do I do about this shit?
>>
>>49199920
Psychic damage.
Lots of psychic damage.
>>
>>49199920
Save or suck abilities. Including calm emotions.
>calm down son
>you crazy
>fuck
>>
>>49199504
>mystara
My negro
>>
>>49199929
thats only if he's a totem warrior that took bear at level 3

and let's be honest thats the best option of the entire class.
>>
>>49199940
>not giving everyone advantage on attack rolls
You fucked up
>>
>>49199950
>everyone

>>49199940
Exactly. Hence - PSYCHIC DAMAGE
>>
>>49199920

Rage ends if he has nothing to attack for a round. Just hide 'till he's calmed down, repeating as necessary.
>>
>>49199895
First of all, actually read the players handbook before you homebrew, since you don't know AoO rules. Second of all, the best buff you can give blade locks is giving them war magic ( like ek or valor bard). It does pretty much what you want but is much neater mechanically.
>>
>>49200050
12th Level invocation for war magic?
>>
What's the best way to do an Arcane Archer sort of character? Eldritch Knight? I want to shoot dudes and cast spells through/alongside my arrows
>>
>>49200000
Woah.
>>
>>49200105
EK or valor bard.
>>
>>49200050
You're exactly right on the opportunity attack; there isn't one. Instead it would be 'you don't have disadvantage on your eldritch blast attacks' since you're using ranged in melee.

>>49200089
Needs to be doable earlier, in my opinion. Maybe level 5, though then you're competing with Thirsting Blade.

Which brings me to another thought; what about rolling the extra attack with your pact weapon into the Pact of the Blade feature, and changing Thirsting Blade to something more unique? Maybe 'When you damage a target with your pact weapon, you have advantage on all attack rolls against that target until the beginning of your next turn'?
>>
>>49200152
>level 5
EK doesn't even get War Magic until 7th.
>>
>>49200163
It needs to be competitive with the 2x 1d10 (+cha) rays from eldritch blast. You get your second ray at level 5. You're also much less durable than the EK.
>>
>>49200177
Actually disregard that, I'm an idiot that forgot that a war magic feature would give you both rays plus a weapon attack. Level 7 it is.
>>
>>49200105
Ranger/Bard.

Not really many other options.
>>
File: p_syou-zoom2.jpg (82KB, 418x810px) Image search: [Google]
p_syou-zoom2.jpg
82KB, 418x810px
Query for /5eg/; how do I make this guy?
>>
>>49200389
By playing a different system, such as Legends of the Wulin.
Besides, if he's as powerful as I think he is as of the last episode you'd basically just have to start at 20th level to really come close to making him at all in 5e.
>>
>>49200389
I think Alert is a must. But I haven't seen past episode 6, if more exist, so I don't know about any other special abilities besides being very quick, always prepared, and very good at fighting.
>>
>>49200389
Who's this meat monster?
>>
Is the Spell-Less ranger decent or I am better going Battlemaster/Hunter multi class?
>>
>>49200422
It's been revealed in the episode before the most recent that his swordwork is sloppy despite how powerful he is, as if he's swinging a blunt instrument, making the others think that he might not be used to fighting with a sword.
The final scene of the most recent episode revealed that his sword, the one he's been slicing people in half with and cutting off hands and heads and seemingly effortlessly fighting off every threat they face, isn't even sharp; it's a blunt piece of metal. He's not a poor swordsman at all. He's SO GOOD that he can kill almost any foe effortlessly while not even armed with a proper weapon.
That's probably why we never see him using any crazy named techniques like everyone else; he's so fucking powerful he hasn't needed to USE any yet.
>>
What spells do ranged EKs like? I assume the regular blasty ones like fire bolt and such should be avoided, no?
>>
>>49200389
Who's this guy from? I've seen him posted in various other /5eg/ threads. Admittedly, my anime watching has slacked in recent years (last thing I saw was Log Horizon).
>>
>>49200455
Honestly, that's disappointing from a character building perspective. I suppose it just means you'd have to take inspiration from his poise and personality rather than his abilities, then.
>>
>>49200437
Shāng Bùhuàn/Sho Fukan, one of the three lead characters of the Taiwanese glove puppetry series Thunderbolt Fantasy.
>>
>>49200473
They've hinted at it from the beginning.
His other listed name, his Style Name is Rèn Wúfēng/Jin Muhō.
It means "Edgeless Blade."
Apparently his nickname is much more literal then the others.
>>
>>49200475
>Taiwanese glove puppetry
Whoa mama.
>>
>>49200471, >>49200510
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbolt_Fantasy
It's a series directed by the famous Japanese writer Gen Urobuchi, but done with Taiwanese glove puppets.
It doesn't sound good, but it's almost stupidly entertaining, way more then it has any right to be.

http://i.imgur.com/NgzjJLK.gif
>>
>>49200518
>that gif
how....what....no...wait, okay....no, what?
what the fuck?
>>
>>49200528
Yeah, the hero pretty much has the same reaction to that scene actually.
>>
>>49199980
Not at higher barbarian levels.

>>49199920
Barbarians can't (normally) fly.
Barbarians have limited options in a ranged battle (Say, the enemy has battlements and it's hard to just charge straight up to them)
You can charm the barbarian.
Some things completely ignore resistance anyway. Power word: kill will ignore their 'I get up again at 1 HP' abilities, ignore their resistance, et cetera.
Barbarians don't have a lot of out-of-combat utility.

A bear barbarian has pretty nice damage output, especially if they GWF things up, but they're either normally easy to hit (low AC) or not actually massively damaging (If they've taken up a shield)

Smart enemies can outsmart barbarians to get barbarians in awkward situations where they can't tank for their team, or the enemies will have a commander that commands the underlings to ignore the barbarian and attack worthier targets first.

Just be glad it isn't a bear barbarian rogue that can uncanny dodge/evasion all the shit you fling at them.

>>49199950
It only works on melee rolls. Good if you've got rogues and fighters, perhaps.

>>49199940
Wolf is pretty competitive with the right team set-up, but bear barbarian is almost never a bad pick as it practically always applies.
>>
File: Eagle Totem Barbarian.jpg (60KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Eagle Totem Barbarian.jpg
60KB, 600x400px
>>49200575
>Barbarians can't (normally) fly.
>>
I have become convinced that the druid in our party only wildshapes so he can get free belly rubs as a bear
>>
>>49200758
Almost certainly not the case.
>>
>>49199920
polymorph the fucker for a round, it's enough to end their rage
>>
How do you do Eberron in 5e with the diminished role magic items play?
>>
>>49201322
You think up various small items instead of using the ones in the book. There's plenty of PDFs with minor magical items too
>>
What monsters could be found in the dungeon of a wizard's tower? I've already got two buffed Gelatinous cubes in there, a few skeletons, and one magic mirror in one of the cells, which summons a shadowy version of whoever looks at their reflection in it, somewhat akin to Shadow Link.
The wizard who's the owned was an Evoker, and the dungeon's been inaccessible from the rest of the tower for a good 250 or so years, because the entrance is hidden under a statue in the main hall.
any ideas?
>>
>>49201478
*owner even.
Wizard also wasn't very sane, he's the same guy who chained his singing sword in the dungeon cause he way annoyed by it
>>
>>49201478
Do you mean dungeon as in the gaming term for an adventure site or like the literal dungeon of the tower?
>>
>>49201478
Mimic!
>>
>>49201547
It's the literal dungeon of the tower. Cells are mostly 10x15x10ft, and the hallways are 10x10ft, perfect for gelatinous cubes, although those can't reach some parts of the dungeon cause of floor traps
>>
>>49201569
There's not much a mimic could turn into, no furniture or chests of any kind down there.
Only cell doors, but a Lurker or some other mimic-type creature from older editions could work, yeah
>>
>>49201576
I'd suggest using some slimes and molds (I think some of them are in the DMG rather than the MM).
I think >>49201569 suggesting a mimic is good but since it's a wizard tower you want it to be craftier than the regular chest kind - maybe make it an ornate bookcase or desk.
>>
>>49201587
You could always add some kind of records room or warden's office type thing to the corridor to facilitate a mimic and if you're looking for somewhere to put information or clues of some sort it'd be useful.
>>
>>49201609
As I mentioned in >>49201587 there is no furniture in the dungeon at all. Only mimic-type enemy that could work would be a Lurker Above or Lurker Below, which could hide on the floors or the celings, respectively
An ooze or two could work too, thanks for the idea.
>>49201620
all the information about the dungeon is in the upper floors of the tower, and the party got those, they already know there's something nasty in the main cell of the dungeons. Wizard lived alone, no wardens of any kind, only him and his automatons, which are now defunct and mostly destroyed
>>
>>49201639
Oh, I just thought of something that I really should have thought of earlier - ghosts!
Not just capital G Ghosts, but Revenants and Wights and all that jazz.
Makes sense in a dungeon of a wizard.
>>
>>49201672
That'll work, he had plenty of prisoners. Some of them are just dead, some are undead, and some of those managed to get out of the cells too
>>
File: Ghost Wizard.png (1MB, 1081x683px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Wizard.png
1MB, 1081x683px
>>49201672

>Ghosts
>Wizards
>Ghost wizard
>>
Where the fuck is the unearthed arcana
>>
>>49201707
The wizard, being one of the world's more famous ones, was laid to rest in the world's Mageocratic capital, in his own crypt. No reason for his soul to roam his old dungeon.

Oh, also, one of the Gelatinous cubes has a skull floating in it, with two gems in its eyesockets, and a Ring of Permament Candlelight, cause I want to scare my players shitless.
>>
>>49201707

>[Character Name!], I am not your father
>But if I were, that would be QUITE the shock
>>
I want to play a Samurai like character that would be a retainer for someone(a lord, noble, prince.. sigh)

I thought it would be fun to play a character that was completely loyal to one person and not really care about anyone else. Anyone want to play with this character?

spoiler]when my master dies i'll kill myself too[/spoiler]
>>
>>49201778
That character is not an adventurer, unless your master is an adventurer. Would work better if all the players were the lord's servants, otherwise you gotta ask the DM for your master to give you some task to leave him, and even then, after you do whatever he told you to do, your adventuring career is over
>>
>>49201793
>replying to bait
alternatively
>replying to autism
>>
>>49201722
Mearls accidentally uninstalled his Acrobat Pro, no UA this month
>>
>>49201778
>when my master dies i'll kill myself too

Your DM is going to kill your master halfway through the campaign and expect you to whip out your Tanto for some belly-slicing.

Ideally, you should be the loyal samurai of another PC who turns out to be a Kitsune, who is adventuring because the Samurai is adventuring and she needs to repay a debt.

It's like the Gift of the Magi, only with more potential ritual suicide.
>>
>>49201800
Hey, if the guy wants to play Impending Sudoku the character, he's free to do so
>>
>>49201793
>>49201808
Ah sorry I didn't make it clear I was thinking of asking another player to be my master.
>>
>>49201821
is your post really not bait? Well, if another player would like to play a noble, and wants to order you around, then I guess it's better
>>
>>49201844
Yeah It's not bait, I was thinking of saying this isn't fetish shit but I didn't mention it
>>
>>49201861
Then it's an okay character, if your DM allows you to play that.
You should also really think about who you'll ask to play your master, as you probably don't want someone to order you to kill innocents, or fake their own death to laugh at you when you commit sudoku
>>
File: 1443302746324.gif (1KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
1443302746324.gif
1KB, 210x230px
>>49201873
>as you probably don't want someone to order you to kill innocents, or fake their own death to laugh at you when you commit sudoku

Sounds like someone doesn't play L5R, half the fun is dealing with those types of bullshit.
>>
>>49201609

Couldn't the mimic be a wall or cell door?
Rationale being for the more dangerous or crafty prisoners, they were put in the cell where the walls and door is one giant mimic, raised and trained by the wizard.
Put raisins for players to go in there, the door swings shut behind them (even if only one goes in, the others fight it from outside).
>>
>>49201964
That's a nice one. I'll definitely put one mimic in, maybe even two, one as a cell door, the other on the ceiling or floor
>>
Did the Middle-Earth book come out? PDF when?
I want to steal stuff for my campaign
>>
>>49200758
i like it when people pat me on the head

also being able to skip over rations by eating things we kill
>>
>>49197921
>Was it because divine magic is a legitimate thing, but the divine itself was ambiguous and potentially nonexistent, thus opening the door to multiple interpretations on how religion should develop and allow multiple alignments within a single organization?

The setting books even detail how the religions vary in interpretation in different regions. The the zealous arm of the Silver Flame that religion-hates like to bash on isn't how the Silver Flame is interpreted in Thrane.
>>
>>49198200
Karrnath has better plot hooks. I love running games based on conspiracies, and everyone has dirt on everyone in Karrnath.
>>
>>49202126
>>49202126
>>49202126
>>49202126
new
>>
>>49202121
The daggers have cloaks in Karrnath
>>
>>49195349
>>49195315
>>49195292
How would rune magic even work for a wizard anyways?
>>
File: 1471506430906.jpg (115KB, 811x494px) Image search: [Google]
1471506430906.jpg
115KB, 811x494px
Here are the changes i've made to the UA artificer.
Artificer

2nd level
You can expend your arcane recovery towards the cost of crafting an item. So if you would recover 2 spell levels, it will be 2 gold pieces.
You must still possess the proper proficiency.

2nd level
Recharge wands. You may spend your arcane recovery to recharge a wand/magic item of its charges. The item regains a number of charges equal to your arcane recovery levels.

6th level.
Superior artificer
When using your arcane recovery to craft items, the bonus is doubled.
Additionally, by spending 10 minutes focusing on two magic items, you may transfer a number of charges from one to the other.

10th level:
Extra attunement. You may attune one extra magic item. You may also attune wands that are not normally able to be attuned, wands attuned in this fashion are not destroyed on a roll of 1 if all charges are used.

14th level
Master Artificer stays the same.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.