[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ Friendly reminder to tell us what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 45

File: necrocraft token 2.png (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
necrocraft token 2.png
3MB, 2000x2000px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Pretty tokens ahoy. How important do you feel aesthetically pleasing tokens are for game enjoyment? Which kind of tokens do you prefer - portrait or top-down?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq (embed)

Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Bloodforge: Infusions playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit

Legendary Vigilantes playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit

Old thread: >>49169486
>>
>>49182405
Tokens really don't matter, but they're nice to have if they're good.
>>
>>49182377
Yeah, but did it HAVE to be? I mean, you had glaivelocks and those were strong, but if you didn't try to powergame it the class would still be functional, you know?

It's nice if you feel like playing a caster but don't want to go and deal with vancian or psionics or something else zany. You had invocations for your utility and blast for your zap.

No severe weaknesses, no ridiculous strengths, no overcomplicated mechanics. Man, I never thought I'd miss 3.5.
>>
Where do you go to get fillable sheets?
>>
>>49182405
I prefer portrait to top down.

Though, a few threads back there was a really slick looking roll20 screencap where everyone's tokens used the same artstyle and were full body portraits with transparent backgrounds, so they all looked like they were standing on the map.

As an artist I'm kinda tempted to do that for the players in my game but time/effort/etc
>>
>>49182377
It was an incredible customizable class though
>>
>>49182471
At will everything.
I couldn't love it hard enough.
>>
>>49182541
Clawlock with shadow pounce, my fav
>>
File: 1472766362285[1].jpg (96KB, 1040x585px) Image search: [Google]
1472766362285[1].jpg
96KB, 1040x585px
>>49182463
>>49182405
Found the pic in question.
>>
>>49182546
I'll admit. I mostly used it as a demi-caster with survivability, invisibility plus illusions, fogs and darkness, teleport, and later, everything I did bestowed negative levels? Loved it even if it sucked for a lot.
>>
>>49182458
Mythweavers. Prefer the traditional sheets to the experimental ones, though.
>>
File: Bonus.png (650KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Bonus.png
650KB, 750x750px
Would anyone like 266 MB of mostly anime-style tokens, with a grand total of 347 tokens? If so, they can be downloaded here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hmpbli

Here is a bonus token.
>>
>>49182471
>>49182541
>>49182546

I can't begin to describe how disappointed I was in the Kineticist when I saw those blasting powers and thought it was the Warlock reborn.

IS IT REALLY SO HARD TO MAKE A GOOD "I SHOOT ELDRITCH FIRE FROM MY PALMS" CLASS?
>>
>>49182600
Paizo refuses to At-Will anything.

I boosted them to a D8 for my home games, and gave them a handful more invocations. might give them some more magic item tomfoolery, but I'm no professional.

>tfw you will never experience an 'official' at-will class again
>>
>>49182579
I appreciate that, actually. I should be able to use at least a few of those. Thanks.
>>
>>49182600
Warlock wasn't even good unless you either abused the fuck out of UMD or turned then into a faux-melee class, complete with full attack reliance.
>>
Just started a Runelords campaign yesterday, PC's are right before the glass works. They still have a long time until midnight. Any interesting encounters for the PC's to go through to make the city more alive/make them feel more vested in its defense?
>>
>>49182692
Doesn't matter; it was a matter of ease of use and enjoying the class, and enjoying the flavor of it intertwined with the mechanics.

It's the same problem as the Scarred Witch Doctor change, just in a slightly different direction.
>>
>>49182692
That was kinda the point. I didn't really go with either of those paths, but made it a demi caster with an endless bag of tricks. Had a ton of fun even being sub-optimal. Would -love- for a professional level warlock reborn, but eh....
>>
>>49182577
Thanks brah, anything standalone?
>>
>>49182692

Mechanically sure, but flavor?

You're playing a charismatic piece of shit that's bargained for power with a weird outer power and can launch bolts of energy from your fingers at-will, among other things.

It's an incredibly flavorful and fun class to use without a lot of difficulty to play.
>>
>>49182711

Shayliss Vinder insists on taking the party out for a night on the town and show them the sights, maybe sneak a quickie with her lover boy while doing so.

Party goes to Rusty Dragon and hears Ameiko sing while enjoying the spicy food.

Visit the brothel and talk to the local whores, who turn out to be quite home-oriented and casual (it's a small town, everyone knows everyone.)
>>
File: Anti-Pal.jpg (52KB, 521x750px) Image search: [Google]
Anti-Pal.jpg
52KB, 521x750px
>>49182405
I currently have a level 5 Antipaladin and I am wondering what feats to take from this point onwards. My party has someone who can make magical weapons and armor and no eastern weapons are available so I'm going to be using a Greatsword or Falchion. The feats I currently have are Intimidating Prowess, Power Attack, Fast Learner and Channel Smite. I have access to Fire Mountain 3pp and most of the regular stuff.

Basically level 5 Antipaladin, do I go for a crit build ( Improved crit, focus crit and bleeding crit). Display build (Weapon Focus, Dazzling display, Shatter Defences, Savage Display, Cornugon Smash). Or a VS/Sunder build ( Improved Sunder, VS, IVS, Devastating Strike).

Also after saying which kind of build, can you suggest an order to take the feats? - Cheers
>>
File: Huh.jpg (56KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
Huh.jpg
56KB, 282x341px
>GM hates Paizo's errata and numerous other things
>Houserules against feat taxes with this link
http://theworldissquare.com/feat-taxes-in-pathfinder/
>Have Manyshot, Snapshot, Point Blank Master and Clustered Shots as a level 7 Ranger, with permanent Aspect of the Falcon
>>
>Rangers are deft skirmishers, either in melee or at range, capable of skillfully dancing in and out of battle.
Is it true?
>>
>>49183158
Yes, see Treantmonk's guide for more info.

As a switch-hitter Ranger, you can use Composite Longbow and Greatsword both pretty well.
>>
>>49183230
>skillfully dance in and out of battle
>No acrobatics, not even perform: dance
How they move in and out of battle better than anyone?
>>
>>49183158
>>49183230

Switch hitting is too resource intensive for any sensible 1pp build.
Sure, you'll always have something to do whether you're in melee or range, but you'll never be good at what you're doing.
>>
>>49183358
This, Switch Hitting was pretty great when PHB was the only avaliable source, maybe even with advanced player's guide. But the more splats the worse switch hitter became, now is literally shit.
>>
>>49183358
I thought the only feat you needed to be good in melee was Power Attack?
>>
>>49182995
People go to far in the other direction, way to far.
>>
>Play a half-drow Mesmerist in Iron Gods
>Other party members are a half-orc ranger and a tiefling investigator.
>First Mesmerist Trick: Fearsome Disguise
>24/7 Disguise Self that can be dispelled to get a free intimidate check
>Disguise myself as a pretty-boy elf.
>Get Sleeves of Many Garments
>Wear colorful, over-the-top clothes
>Walk around with a cane and an overdone signet ring
>Put ranks in Perform: Comedy, and Profession: Stage Magician
>Insist on going to the inn and doing stand up comedy for the people there.
>Insist on performing sleight of hand for children of the town.
>Bill myself as CALIN MALLISTO, SORCERER SUPREME, ENTERTAINER EXTRAORDINAIRE.
>Have a book full of Pages of Spell Knowledge
>Get a bird and call it my familiar
>Be a mesmerist who fakes being a sorcerer who fakes being a wizard
>Explain my ability to ignore somatic and verbal components (I have thought and emotion components) as a secret from across the sea, taught to me by a dying witch on the last full moon of the year.
>Be a stage magician in a world where wizards exist
>Stage magic can't be detected as magic
>Profit.

Whatcha think of it, /pfg/?
>>
>>49183676

Val Baine is going to love you.
>>
>>49183358
1pp is where switch hitting is probably best, since you can't TWF that well.

>>49183503
> Literally shit
Switch Hitter Ranger isn't good for minmaxers, or people used to Top tier classes, however it is competent in both melee and ranged damage.
>>
>>49183544
And Furious Focus, and Weapon Focus to later pick some of the Critical feats.

Reapeat now for Bows.
>>
>>49183840
Right now is shit because you have feats that allow you to fire your bow at melee without provoking AoO, so literally stupid to spend feats on quick draw, quick sheathe, power attack, etc.
>>
>>49183846
>Furious Focus
You really don't need furious focus to be good in melee lol.

Weapon Focus and critical feats you will probably want yes, however they do work with bow (yes bow has shit threat range).
>>
Guys what class would be best for a grappler with light armour for skulls and shackles? Brawler or an unarmed fighter of sorts?

Paizo stuff only i'm afraid
>>
>>49183943

You literally described a Brawler.

Grab Throat Slicer for ultimate CQC.
>>
>>49183943
1 Monk/X Hair Witch.
>>
What would be a balanced way to allow Dex to damage in 3.PF? I don't like the Agile weapons -- I hate that they tie and important part of my character's abilities to his weapons.

Basically I went with a Deadly-Defense and Combat Expertise build with two weapon fighting, which is not ideal but it fights the "two weapon duelist ranger" I was going for. He starts out with 20 Dexterity but I had to give him decent Strength to have some damage modifier. In reality I would want him to have 11 to 13 Strength maximum. I wouldn't dump it completely but the point is he is a skinny elf but good at swordfighting.

If there were a feat that allowed you to add Dex to damage with melee weapons (basically obliviating strength) what would the feat taxes be, in order to be balanced? Basically doing it the way 5e does it, except I hate that 5e didn't at least require a feat to get Dex to damage.
>>
>>49183959
Exactly what I was looking at, cheers man.
I suppose I will just follow it up with the grapple feat chain?

How do things like brass knuckles interfere with the unarmed strike? Do they stack? Do the brass knuckles replace the unarmed damage? I can find no clear answer on it.
>>
>>49184022
Allow it for finesse weapons without any investment.
>>
>>49183887
Don't forget paying enchantment costs on two weapons at once, making it just as expensive as TWF in gp costs.
>>
>>49184034
Yes brass knuckles replace unarmed damage, because Piazo hates you.

I wish I was just making a joke.

Obviously it's reasonable to ask your gm to just add the brass knuckles damage dice on top though.
>>
>>49184022
DSP just says dex to damage is a feat.
You also need weapon finesse, so it's essentially a two feat cost.

Some people complain about it at first glance but really it hasn't created any problems - and with how often some anons pounce on and whine about DSP's mistakes, we'd definitely have heard by now if it did.
>>
File: dragon dildo desk.jpg (427KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dragon dildo desk.jpg
427KB, 1920x1080px
>the average /pfg/-goer's rig
>>
>>49184022
If it's a martial, make it cost a feat, but make it unusable for monks, in fact, if monk, fuck him and come up with ways of destroying his character.
-Paizo
>>
>>49184022
Weapon Finesse + Deadly Agility is a fine cost. Two feats is a LOT just to have basic competence, and Str builds will have more damage on top of being two feats ahead in their build.
>>
>>49184066
>>49184034
IIRC, the price for an amulet of mighty fists was dropped in an errata a while back. I don't know what the new price is off the top of my head, but if you only want brass knuckles so you can have affordably-enchanted punching then you might try to find out what the new price for an amulet is.

If not, and you only want brass knuckles for flavor/appearance, then hopefully your DM is accommodating enough to let it be just fluff and not have them have mechanical effect.
>>
>>49184147
It used to be x3 the price of a +1 weapon
Now is """""""just"""""" x2 the price of a +1 weapon
>>
>>49184123
Keys by monitor check, three screens check, why would a scrub have a PS3 or two bins in their room?
>>
>Piazo makes it this complicated just to have characters be semi competent at one thing
>Even fucking Rifts lets you have a character be competent/actually rather good at several things to start with, no real strings attached.

How do you fuck up that badly?
>>
>>49184123
>Keeping all those situational backup wands

This guy obviously knows how to play a T1 wizard properly.
>>
>>49184210
>fluffing a wizard as a massive slut using dildo-shaped wands
That... sounds fun.
>>
>>49184202
>Piazo makes it this complicated just to have characters be semi competent at one thing
Only if you aren't a caster
>>
>>49184075
>DSP just says dex to damage is a feat.

Sauce?

I'm fine with a two-feat cost. I understand Dex to damage makes Dex a god stat (does AC, attack and damage) but for the cost of a couple feats I think that's fair to break the system a bit.
>>
>>49184123
I neither own nor want a gun!
>>
>>49184225

And now they can accommodate huge members with rubber/stretchy body!

Wizards strike me as the types that should be huge sluts anyway, when you've got unlimited cosmic power you can fuck whatever you want.
>>
>>49184279
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/feats

Deadly Agility
>>
>>49184252
Even then skill wise your only mildly ok as a caster knowing one or two skills just ok or several poorly, compared to Rifts where your character is actually trained and competent at what they do know.
>>
>>49184279
>Sauce?
Deadly Agility
>>
File: Untitled.png (123KB, 650x530px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
123KB, 650x530px
>>49184225
>>49184300
>>
>>49184300
>>
>>49184323
>>49184305
You can always take an agile weapon too.
>>
>>49184312
A lot of good systems do that, where most of your abilities are given at character creation. See savage worlds and shadowrun. Pathfinder unfortunately doesn't.
>>
>>49184279
>God stat
If you spend 2 feats.
Meanwhile with those 2 feats a Str combatant has Power Attack and Furious Focus (for example), so he outdamages you hard (weapon that deals more damage + power attack).
>>
>>49184323
>>49184305

Thanks, I realized I should google it about 2 seconds after I posted that. Sorry... but thanks for the link.

>>49184336

I did do this, but I had to wait til higher levels to do it.
>>
>>49184329
>>
>>49184336
>Didn't read to the top of the reply chain

good job
>>
>>49184336
That's assuming there's a magic item market. And if they stole your weapon, lol you're useless.
>>
>>49184358
>And if they stole your weapon, lol you're useless.
Applies to nearly every martial ever.
>>
>>49184338
Yeah, it's why I'm glad my gm moved away from this system, God pathfinder really is the garbage of the roll playing world.
>>
>>49184291
>Being a yuropoor
>>
File: 1454093740498.jpg (148KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1454093740498.jpg
148KB, 500x500px
>>49184460
Nope, just not healthy for me.
>>
>>49182405

I noticed the newly released Horror Adventures book isn't in there. Anyone have a link to it?
>>
Have any of you acquired an artifact?
What was it's effect?
>>
>>49185131
No, but I disjoined one, once.

It's what allowed the Princes of Hell to teleconference to make business decisions regarding the Soul Trade. We also killed the Prince of Hell who had control of the main server.

I once gave an artifact to a play that could sunder literally anything with a Sunder check. She spent most of her time surfing on it like it was a magic carpet (sundering Gravity).
>>
>>49185131
Well, it wasn't really an acquisition per se. The GM was going to have a villain use some kind of grand artifact apparatus thing that could only be used once, but would force a spell effect to be spread to everybody on the planet. The villain was going to use a near permanent charm effect in a classic bid to rule the world that had a long casting time.

During the final fight, I ruined the plan by casting my own spell on the artifact rather than letting him do it. The GM apparently didn't expect anybody to think to do this, and I ended up turning the planet blue for a week, because my first thought was Prestidigitation.
>>
>>49185025
Haunted Heroes
http://imgur.com/a/RaOyW
Horror Adventures
http://imgur.com/a/r2TOH
>>
>>49185200
Jesus the that sunder artifact sounds op as all hell compared to other artifacts

>>49185232
nice.
>>
>>49183676
The concept itself is great. Just a heads-up, though, the first few levels until you get Psychic Inception might be a bit rough, since IG has a lot of undead and construct enemies. As long as you're prepared for that, you should be fine.
>>
>>49185395
Well, they still had to make the check, which increased based on the what they were doing. Sundering a spell had a DC equal to dispelling it, for example. The only thing it could auto sunder was the tops off of a mountain, because it was based off of Caladbolg.
>>
>GM recommends you to grab combat reflexes because you're a martial and you have high Dex
>Ok
>Doesn't let you grab anything in where to spend those extra AoOs
I regret not knowing he was a cunt sooner and wasting 16 hours of my life playing this shitty game
>>
>>49185637
>I sunder the BBEG's neck
>>
>>49185658
Takes the same penalties as a called shot to the vitals. DC is his CMD vs. Sunder. The hardness from his armor applies (with Mage Armor having the hardness of a Wall of Force) to your damage, and if you deal less than 50 damage or half his hitpoints (whichever is less) after Hardness, you only make him mute for 1d4 rounds. 1/2 HP/50+ damage would be a save vs death, though.
>>
>>49185645
Eh? Don't you just need a reach weapon?
>>
>>49185742
Unarmed monk, anon.
>>
>>49185732
So, to sunder gravity, it'd need to be able to sunder stuff without being in physical contact with it.
So, could you not just repeatedly sunder his neck from a distance until it breaks?
>>
>>49185623
Considering the ranger and investigator have been doing most of the first book by themselves, I have a feeling he'll manage.

Investigator here. Mutagen is fun as fuck, too bad I still do shit damage because >rapier
Maybe I really should have gunned for a LV-enhanced Warlock instead.
>>
>>49185806
No, it's in physical contact with Gravity, in the sense that Gravity's force is directly affecting it. It sunders that effect.

Mind, you have to have a very distinct sort of player for this sort of stuff. Someone who would abuse the toys they've been given to the extent you're attempting to, would not receive them in the first place.
>>
>>49185790
>Monk
Well there's your problem.
If you're unchained you can still go for a double-chained kama, a kusarigama (sickle and chain), or a kyoketsu shoge.
>>
I strongly prefer tokens with a simpler art style
even the one in the OP doesn't look that good on a table.
Fewer details, more clear picture of what it is. Fewer colors.

I prefer portrait-style tokens, but old-school standees are the best.
>>
File: 0006_MTGCNS_TOK_EN_LR.jpg (142KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
0006_MTGCNS_TOK_EN_LR.jpg
142KB, 265x370px
>>49185973
I prefer 1/1 squirrel tokens myself.
>>
>>49185879
But those are all exotic. And no, he doens't allow unchained because he doens't allow 9th level casters either.
>>
Asmodeus sucks and is overused.

What should I use for my fiendish cosmology that isn't just "red guy with horns?"
>>
>>49186036
Unchained are proficient in any monk weapons. And you should find a new group or talk to your dm.
>>
>>49186069
Ahriman
>>
>>49185338

thanks. I am guessing a PDF isn't available yet then.
>>
>>49186069
Dave Grohl
>>
>>49185869

I ATTEMPT TO SUNDER TIME!
>>
>>49185790
Ha, wow what a waste of a feat. Talk to your GM and see if he'll let you retrain it since it's completely worthless. Alternatively pick up Lunge when you can, so you can give yourself 10 foot reach. You might be able to use it.

Or just write the feat off as a waste if your ST won't let you change it.
>>
>>49186069

Hell does not have a hierarchy, it is an anarchic mess of demons squabbling for souls that fall down from the Prime like wolves hunting lost lambs.

Another style is a gestalt intelligence comprised of demons representing the seven sins.
>>
>>49186125
That's fine.

DC is equal to the number of seconds you erase from existence.
>>
>>49186175
Depending on how the erasure works that's actually really really convenient.
>>
What's the best 4 levels of metamagic to stack on my buffs?
>>
>>49186150
Doesn't that just turn Devils into Demons and Hell into the Abyss?
>>
>>49186279
Extended.
>>
How exactly does raising an army work using the Kingdom Building rules?
>>
>>49186291

There really should not be a difference between Devils and demons.

They both want souls, but whether they choose temptation or deals should depend on the individual fiend.
>>
>>49186333
You want an entirely different cosmology.
>>
>>49186333
fuck of 4rry
>>
>>49186142
>Lunge
>You can increase the reach of your melee attacks by 5 feet until the end of your turn
>until the end of your turn
Unless they're able somehow to move in my turn, lunge doesn't work
>>
>>49186333
>>49186357
4e still separated demons and devils.
>>
>>49186543
9 alignments
9 different outsiders with 9 different ways of doing things and 9 different outlooks and concepts
don't just glue them together for no reason
>>
>>49186603
What about the reason "alignment is fucking stupid, stop paying attention to it."
>>
>>49186069
Norgorber
>>
>>49186294
Only one level of adjustment. 3 left to fill.
>>
File: 1448168047465.jpg (33KB, 505x550px) Image search: [Google]
1448168047465.jpg
33KB, 505x550px
>>49186765
>>49186603
Alignment is simple, you're the retarded one
>Good and Evil are absoulte. Good is putting others before you, and Evil is the opposite.
>Law and Chaos are relative, but are absolute for outsiders
>>
>>49186765
Because "Good Necromancers".
>>
What do you determine first before making a character PFG?

Do you start from the build, the personality of the character or from the art?
>>
>>49186828
Law and Chaos aren't relative at all. They're just never clearly defined so it's up to each individual GM. Same for Good and Evil, actually.

>>49186838
Possible, unless they're animating corpses.
>>
>>49186851
>Possible, unless they're animating corpses.
You're missing the point, throw alignment out of the window and that's what happens.
>>
>>49186842

I start from the art.

Having a multi-gig folder helps.
>>
>>49186828
>Alignment is simple
Yeah, that'd be the problem with it. Alignment is simple, what it attempts to describe is not, therefore its a stupid mess.
>>
I understand some bleed-over when talking about alignments next to each other, but did you guys really just argue for 20 posts that you can't tell LE from CE? (the original source of the argument)
>>
>>49186810
Thats all.
Maybe add enlarge spell. and if you HAVE to fill those last 2 slots, add heighten spell the last 2 slots.
Honestly though extended is enough.
>>
>>49186851
>>49186890
You're not only misinformed, you haven't read the rules at all.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/additional-rules
Please read the "Good vs Evil" and "Law vs Chaos" sections. They are absolute.
>>
File: Champion of Slaanesh.jpg (94KB, 659x650px) Image search: [Google]
Champion of Slaanesh.jpg
94KB, 659x650px
>>49186886
Okay, assuming my multi-gig folder of art is not the kind of art that can be used for intended purpose?
>>
>>49186842
ultra-vague one-line character concept
then flesh out the concept
then build, which usually adds little extra flavor bits
then go back over it, describe it, and clean it up into something more coherent
>>
>>49186842
Make the build first, create a character from that
>>
>>49186986
Getting metamagic for free here, due to class feature. Gotta squeeze anything I can out of it.
>>
File: 1413809702306.jpg (42KB, 285x416px) Image search: [Google]
1413809702306.jpg
42KB, 285x416px
>>49187029
Just crop the porn anon.
>>
>>49187029
god damn it anon i hate zone-tan how could you post an image that portrays her in a cute style.

hate hate HATE you
>>
>>49187023
Wow you're right I've never read before, this has completely altered my view on the subject. Go you.
>>
Making a brawler for a game with only POW allowed
What discipline would be better to follow, broken blade because unarmed and acrobatics bonus, golden lion to enhance teammates, primal fury for charging flurry or thrashing dragon for swift jump into flurry?
Would using martial flexibility for getting a situational extra readied maneuver of my choice be too much?
>>
>>49187029

Crop a good image you would use for a character and post it here so we can judge how risqué your folder is.
>>
>>49187023
That's very vaguely defined. Flexibility being chaotic means that keeping an open schedule is a chaotic act.
>>
File: miyamoto.gif (484KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
miyamoto.gif
484KB, 300x225px
>>49187155
You're intentionally making this difficult
Fucking neck yourself
>>
>>49187029
Source? I know it's Zone-tan, but who's the artist?
>>
>>49187196
Just admit that they aren't well defined and there are plenty of cases where DMs and players have to argue back and forth over whether or not an action is of a certain alignment. Flexibility should not be considered chaotic.
>>
>>49187196
necking means making out, last I checked
>>
File: Jesse.gif (661KB, 500x246px) Image search: [Google]
Jesse.gif
661KB, 500x246px
>>49187235
Where the fuck do you live
>>
>>49187258
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Necking
>>
File: Jojo NIghtmare Vision.png (729KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo NIghtmare Vision.png
729KB, 600x594px
>feel drained as fuck after dealing with another player's bullshit, feels like needles all over my skin
>wake up and find out I actually have the flu, and the needles have all moved to my eyes

It's going to be a long week, isn't it?
>>
>>49187258
not my fault you're using slang that I haven't heard of
>>
>>49187089
That would feel wrong, I mean, that's already where most of my reaction images come from. and what if they can tell?

>>49187094
Rule 34, article c - for every thing you're not into there's at least one image that portrays it in a way you can like.

>>49187215
he's relatively new / unknown, but searching "zone-tan sweat" no gelbooru should get you the sauce alright
>>
>>49186851
>>49186877
What's MORALLY evil about animating corpses assuming
>you have either gotten consent or it is the corpse of a basically mindless animal
>they are destroyed or otherwise disposed of when not in use as to not just go on a rampage and attack people.
>>
File: 1449091868042.gif (65KB, 197x271px) Image search: [Google]
1449091868042.gif
65KB, 197x271px
>>49187401
We aren't having this discussion for the hundredth million time.
>>
>>49187401
holy fuck here we go again
>>
>>49187401
The fact that it's [Evil] is what makes it evil.
>>
>>49187432
No one has provided a compelling argument for why it should be evil aside from "muh respect for the dead, muh circle of life".
>>
>>49187446
So is Infernal Healing and everyone agrees that's fucking stupid because alignment is a half baked vestigial limb of a world that most D&D games don't really try to replicate anymore.
>>
>>49187499
How about the fact that it uses negative energy? That always seems to come up.
>>
>>49187499
You don't need to argue, It's simply the rules.

Animate Dead has the evil descriptor, so It's evil.
>>
>>49187499
That's because opinions on why alignments are objective aren't actually objectively convincing.

>>49187524
Welcome to how objectively alignments work.
>>
>>49187524
I'm totally confused by this argument, Of course It's fucking evil bathing in the blood of devils in a Satanic ritual that would make Hollywood blush.
>>
>>49187526
Negative Energy is just energy. I guess using fire and metal is evil too now, since those can hurt people as well.
>>
>>49187524
Huh, I didn't know Infernal Healing hastens the literal apocalypse.
>>
>>49187561
> Of course It's fucking evil bathing in the blood of devils in a Satanic ritual that would make Hollywood blush.
Except you had to kill or other wise inconvenience those devils to get it. It would only be evil is if you made a deal with them(which is only screwing yourself over).

Not to mention you can do it 4 free with Eschew Materials. Is it evil then if no Devil Blood is involved?
>>
>>49187601
If it's [Evil] then it's evil, no matter what.
>>
>>49187601
Why does your [Good] character even know Infernal Healing anyway? That's some OOC metagaming right there.
>>
>>49187625
That's incredibly stupid.
>>
>>49187641
That's how rules work, brah.
>>
>>49187627
Because it's a useful spell that exists in the world and is more efficient than several other methods of recovery.
>>
>>49187648
This entire conversation started with me questioning why Good Necromancers being a consequence of throwing alignment out the window was a bad thing as this
>>49186838
post implied.
>>
>Rosman and Resnick (1989) reviewed information from 34 cases of necrophilia describing the individuals' motivations for their behaviors: these individuals reported the desire to possess a non-resisting and non-rejecting partner (68%)

Isn't it interesting how nerds are obsessed with obedient women so much it extends to near-necrophilia? I blame Japan and Atheism for this.
>>
File: [SAVE ME].jpg (67KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
[SAVE ME].jpg
67KB, 500x550px
>mfw level 10 Eberron campaign that allows all Path of War

Should I go Ordained Defender of the Silver Flame, or a straight Paladin of the Silver Flame?
>>
>>49187677
And it's a stupid conversation.
>>
>>49187564
Think about it like this: A gun is a tool engineered for killing, but it can be controlled. It can be put to a non-harmful use: deterrence. "One sword keeps another in the sheath" as some put it.
Meanwhile, negative energy just fucking destroys. It destroys. And what you CAN use it to create, undead, only brings more of it.
>>
>>49187708
This is a stupid thread for a stupid game .
>>
>>49187729
Yes
>>
>>49187717
>, but it can be controlled
So can undead. Literally. And so can clerics who channel it.
>>
>>49187654
And you've perfectly described why strict alignment systems is required, you aren't playing your role in a convincing manner so now the game has to intervene mechanically to keep you in line.
>>
>>49187696
>I blame Japan and Atheism for this.

Personally I blame the sense of helplessness and inexperience most of those nerds feel towards the fairer sex.

It's also why most nerds want a virgin bride and automatically assume any woman who's sucked a dick to be an irreparable slut; they missed their chance to have fun in high school so they're still stuck in the "gotta pop a cherry" mindset. They want a girl that doesn't know they're a terrible partner.
>>
>>49187751
Your undead will out-live you.
>>
>>49187524
>everyone agrees

Clearly they don't you mongoloid. If everyone agreed with you, then you wouldn't have assholes like me calling you a mongoloid.
>>
>>49187782
They won't, actually.
>>
>>49187759
Why is using a decent tool not playing a role in a convenient manner?

Is it not proper RP to get the most bang for your buck. Good does not mean stupid or inefficient. Infernal Healing does not cause any suffering. No innocents were harmed in it's creation.
>>
What're the best and worst books of curse of the crimson throne? I heard mixed things about book 4 or book 5 being the worst.
>>
>>49187789
Because everyone complained about infernal healing being evil up until this point because 4chan is just contrarian like that.
>>49187782
1. False
2. So will your guns.
>>
>>49187800
>Is it not proper RP to get the most bang for your buck
Yes, and doing evil because it's more efficient for your goals isn't Good. Good has lines that they won't cross.
>>
>>49187800
It's still literally injecting evil into someone's body and soul to make them heal faster. Intentionally drawing on the forces of evil, even for a good or altruistic means is ultimately an evil act in Pathfinder. If you don't like it, there are other morally neutral games and settings out there. Pathfinder and Golarion aren't.
>>
>>49187816
Infernal Healing isn't evil for any reason besides the authors said so. No one is being harmed. No line is being crossed besides pointing out Paizo writes are bunch of hacks.
>>
>>49187800
>Is it not proper RP to get the most bang for your buck. Good does not mean stupid or inefficient.

I really, really hate this meme that good and evil should be allowed to walk on the line and still call themselves good or evil.
>>
Hey, /pfg/, I need to make an NPC who specializes in kidnapping. But not just kidnapping regular shmucks- kidnapping adventurers and PCs. Is there anything Paizo-published that can do this job well? Just grappling isn't good enough, since you can't effectively run off while grappling a person.
>>
>>49187837
Welcome to Objective Alignments! Where everyone has disagreements on something because our views are all subjective.
>>
>>49187837
>Infernal Healing isn't evil for any reason besides the authors said so.

You're anointing a character's wound with devil's blood or unholy water.
>>
>>49187836
So using good spells to kill Children is also Good. Good to know Pathfinder is the perfect game for all my Lawful Good child killing means.

Fuck off and stop being obtuse asshole.
>>
>>49187704
Oh god, fire based elemental Flux and mitral current would be great here.
>>
>>49187867
Nope! While the casting itself may be Good, the way it's used doesn't have to be. You can use Good tools for Evil purposes. Much like you can use Evil tools for Good purposes. Just because it's being used for Good doesn't mean it's actually Good, and just because using it is Good, doesn't mean what it's being used for is Good.
>>
File: 1455488144364.jpg (108KB, 549x673px) Image search: [Google]
1455488144364.jpg
108KB, 549x673px
>>49187840
Mr. A was right.
>>
>>49187866
Eschew Materials. I use nothing

And even if I didn't, so what. Devil''s Blood is devils blood. Someone could have killed those devils for it. Someone could have just fabricated it or some shit.
>>49187897
>While the casting itself may be Good, the way it's used doesn't have to be.
So why is it the other way around aside from you and Paizo being stupid?
>>
File: Abyss Watchers.jpg (123KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Abyss Watchers.jpg
123KB, 800x450px
>>49187891
>>49187704

>Holy warrior infused with the powers granted to him by the Silver Flame to seek out the darkness and stamp it out, wherever it might develop
>>
>>49187866
It's [evil] due to a descriptor, but casting aligned spells has no effect on your alignment nor is it an act of X alignment. Descriptors have no effect on the game unless they are explicitly called upon.

There are very few spells that can be considered "evil", and all of them inflict corruption, excessive suffering, or indiscriminate destruction. To say that casting an [evil] spell is an evil act is like saying that casting Holy Word in a building full of commoners (who are usually neutral) is a Good act despite you killing them all in the process.
>>
>>49187976
Per Horror Adventures, casting aligned spells absolutely DOES have an effect on your alignment, actually.
>>
>>49188010
That contradicts a ruling in PFS, which explicitly says the opposite.

Yes I know PFS is a shit source, but it is still an official source.
>>
>>49187867
Nope. Doing something evil is evil. If you kill children, regardless of what kind of tool you use to do it, you're doing something evil (assuming those children weren't irredeemably evil themselves in which case your action was morally neutral.)

Further, using evil tools is never good. It doesn't matter what you plan to do with those evil tools it is, at absolute best, a morally neutral act and if you fall back on using evil tools too often, you yourself will become evil.

The reverse is not true. That's because it is much easier to be evil than to be good and characters who willingly perform evil actions or use evil tools in the pursuit of good will inevitably fall to evil.

If you don't like that, then obviously Pathfinder is not a game for you.
>>
>>49187928
>So why is it the other way around aside from you and Paizo being stupid?
I didn't say it wasn't?
Casting an [Evil] spell is an [Evil] act, but why you're using it may not be [Evil]. That's pretty much how anti-heroes work. If you have a problem with objective alignments, that's fine. I agree, I don't much care for them either. But casting an [Aligned] spell is an [Aligned] act, even if they're being used to go against that alignment.
>>
>>49188052
Then if he evers turns evil, he just has to cast a few good aligned spells and he's okay ?
>>
>>49186175

That is pretty powerful. I could easily erase 20 seconds or so.

Do get real munchkiny, I could do it over and over and slowly erase time.
>>
>>49188045
>If you don't like that, then obviously Pathfinder is not a game for you.
It's a tiny part of the game that changes fucking nothing. You gain more by axing alignment than you lose.
>>
>tfw it isn't actually hard to stay Good in Pathfinder
>>
>>49188010
Which is "explicitly called upon", that rule is purely in Horror Adventures as the trope of "Dark magic turns you towards darkness" is in effect.

I could write a ruleset that states "Casting spells with a fire descriptor makes you immune to fire for one round" and it would only apply when using that sourcebook.
>>
>>49188023
And PFS is its own game, which is separate from the "Pathfinder canon" such as it is, same way as your home game might be, but that's not what we're discussing.
>>
File: wtf.gif (736KB, 300x173px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.gif
736KB, 300x173px
>Doing selfish things and fucking over others is Evil
>Doing selfless things and helping others is Good
>Doing both at different times and at a lesser degree is Neutral
This isn't hard
>>
File: READ NIGGA READ.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
READ NIGGA READ.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>49188052
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Descriptor-

Learn the rules of the fucking game before you mouth off.
>>
>>49188179
How am I wrong?
>>
>>49186828

Thats not exactly how pathfinder works. For instance, if you use Infernal Healing to heal someone too many times, you become Evil regardless of whether you put yourself first or not.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/86161129100808192/215832792976588800/IMG_1873.JPG
>>
This shit is all fluff anyway. Protection of Evil is basically protection from mind control. Clerics and Paladins just have to please their divine dom daddies and Barbarians and Monks being alignment restricted was dumb as fuck anyway.
>>
>>49188175
Not necessarily. You can very well be selfless as LE, just ruthlessly so. A LE ruler will do a lot of nasty shit for the wellbeing of his people and nation if he so desires.
>>
File: Season_2_Chapter_26.jpg (69KB, 683x340px) Image search: [Google]
Season_2_Chapter_26.jpg
69KB, 683x340px
>>49188243
Lawful Evil is Frank Underwood.
Also, selfless as an Evil aligned person is directly against the alignment. You're thinking of a LN ruler.
>>
>>49188282
I think doing evil, but for the benefit of your nation would be considered selfless, and still be evil.
>>
File: 1444981973037.jpg (490KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1444981973037.jpg
490KB, 752x1062px
>>49187113
Pls, I only want some insight.
>>
File: 6 games.gif (775KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
6 games.gif
775KB, 300x168px
>>49188307
You, yet again, are making this intentionally ambiguous
>>
>>49188307
>I think doing evil, but for the benefit of your nation would be considered selfless,
It's just narcissistic.
>>
>>49188348
Yes, that's the entire problem with an objective alignment system. Even if I state a case some people will have issues with that case. That's why the alignments as described are vaguely broad.
>>
>>49187837

The implication is that casting the spell alters your mind.
>>
>>49188367
I don't think that's what that word means.
>>
>>49188391
But it's not mind affecting.
>>
File: Soldier.jpg (32KB, 370x278px) Image search: [Google]
Soldier.jpg
32KB, 370x278px
Let's change the subject.

How do you deal with/do city guards?
>>
>>49188400
>truly I am ze master race
>let me just stomp on ze untermenschen to prove my superiority.
>>
>>49188425
You need to be at lest level 3 to get in. Many employ low level alchemists and Psions to help minor cases.

Out on the frontier people will usually just gather a posse.
>>
>>49188425
The guards of my town are just reanimated bandits controlled by necromancers. That way the guard can't be bought and they're put to good use!
>>
>>49188405

And its Paizo's fault for not making it more clear, but they have several effects that change your alignment without explicitly being mind effecting.

It would be great if they did a writeup saying "Yeah, evil spells slowly kill your conscience and change how you behave", but then they would have people pissed about how Paizo is telling them how to play their character. There is no winning here.
>>
>>49188425
>How do you deal with/do city guards?

Well, if your character is a hooker, it's appropriate to do the city guards at least one week and either give them a discount or a freebie to leave you alone.
>>
>>49188516
It's not like it's an unknown trope. In the dresdenverse using spells for certain purposes will change who you are at heart.
>>
File: Flash Sweating.jpg (50KB, 238x310px) Image search: [Google]
Flash Sweating.jpg
50KB, 238x310px
>>49188500
>Guards kill a thief
>He's a guard the next day
>>
File: INFERNO COPPU.gif (711KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
INFERNO COPPU.gif
711KB, 500x280px
>>49188500
10/10
>>
>>49188547

Sure, but Dresden Files is a book and readers aren't expected to have any control. In a Pathfinder game this boils down to the GM telling players "no, your character doesn't do that. He is evil now.".

My guess is that Paizo was trying to stay intentionally vague on the subject and the Horror Adventures sidebar slipped past the editor.
>>
>>49188708
That's something to discuss with your DM. I think that sidebar is mostly fine, barring the explicit numbers they put. It helps to remember that good characters are almost never willing to use evil spells, and evil characters would be less willing to use good spells because they are less powerful (because they have lines that they will not cross.)
>>
>>49188282
Not really. If you are willing to have other countries destroyed and the people annihilated to improve your own, it is evil, and selfless.
Evil is not only intent but actions as well.
>>
>>49188708
How the fuck does something "slip past" the editor?
>>
>>49188861
It happens all the gosh darned time across so many mediums.
>>
>>49188770

I disagree on good spells. Evil people still fight a lot of other evil people. Protection from Evil is a very powerful good spell.

By RAW, a devil worshipper fighting an Abyssal incursion could see himself becoming neutral or good by accident.
>>
>>49188861
Editors fuck up too, m8.
>>
>>49188939
Okay, that one I can agree on. I'm sure there are a few others, too.
>>
What's the best allocation of 750 gp for special material arrows?

Also, what the hell do special material arrows do anyway?
>>
Initiating Swashbuckler when?
>>
>>49188708
>In a Pathfinder game this boils down to the GM telling players "no, your character doesn't do that. He is evil now.".

No, that's not how it works. The GM is going tell players, "Okay, if your character kills those little children or casts that Evil spell his alignment is going to shift towards evil."

Players know full well ahead of time what acts are evil (the game makes it pretty clear) and if they choose for their character to perform those acts then he suffers the consequences.

This isn't Pathfinder jumping out and saying, "Gotcha!" This is players choosing to do something that has clear consequences.
>>
>>49182558
those are just sprites ripped from Disgaea
>>
>>49182443
If your game allows 3pp, there's Spheres of Power or Akasha, but as >>49182617 said, Paizo hates the idea of at-will stuff, so we're likely to never see a good 1pp at-will thing again, as far as 3.x is concerned.
>>
>>49187717
Your analogy breaks down because negative energy was never engineered, never created. It and positive energy just are. They're aspects of reality in the same way Law and Good and Evil and Chaos are, and they can't be good or evil aspects because that's already what Good and Evil are.

Beyond that, negative energy doesn't only destroy. It calms, it slows, it silences. It does the opposite of what positive energy does. Where as positive energy is passion and motion and heat, negative energy is patience and stillness and cold. The two energies are perfect mirrors of each other: what you see in one you'll see in the other, but reversed. You know that an excess of positive energy will kill someone too, right? And that too much negative energy should likewise reduce an undead creature to dust?

You can't claim negative energy is evil unless you claim positive energy is good, and that's going to be a hard claim to sell to anyone who has actually visited the positive energy plane.
>>
>>49189288
My group used to do the same thing with Fire Emblem sprites.
>>
>>49189236
It's called Privateer Warlord

drunken fighting discipline when
>>
Are there any constructs worth building?
>>
File: FE You Spin Me Right Round.gif (212KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
FE You Spin Me Right Round.gif
212KB, 500x345px
>>49189425
Map or battle sprites though?
>>
>>49189281

And then the next time the player wants to altruistically help someone, the GM tells him he can't because he is evil.

Yes, its a consequence of his actions, buti t still isn't fun and game designers should try to avoid putting things in that make people's game experience worse.
>>
>>49184034
If you want enchanted fistpunching, buy yourself regular gauntlets, as the rules text for them specifies that they are considered unarmed attacks that deal lethal damage, but are also manufactured weapons you can pay to put magic into without foisting the AoMF onto your poor WBL.

That last bit is a joke because pirates can make fucktons of money selling ships they intercept, but seriously fuck the amulet get gauntlets and let RAW do the work for you.
>>
>>49189620
No, the GM lets him do that and it shifts his alignment back towards good a bit. The consequence for his actions isn't a restriction on what he can do later, but rather having to deal with the drawbacks of being evil (IE, you're going to have a much rougher time if a paladin is opposing the party, and some people may refuse to work with you).
>>
What is your favorite/best Elemental Flux element?
>>
File: pyromancer 1.jpg (164KB, 1024x517px) Image search: [Google]
pyromancer 1.jpg
164KB, 1024x517px
>>49189881
The best one, of course
>>
>>49189853

This doesn't jive with Pathfinders description of alignment. It goes into detail about how a Neutral Evil or Lawful Evil person behaves. And there aren't any altruistic people who are evil because they cast Animate Dead or Infernal healing too many often in Paizo books.

If having your character's alignment shifted to evil doesn't make him behave more evil, you aren't following the alignment rules.
>>
Is it even worth it to use Rapid Fire after you get Manyshot? It just seems like a waste if you get -2 on all of your attacks, especially when you have -3 or -4 from Deadly Aim
>>
>>49190141
depends on the class
>>
>>49189620
Why would being evil stop someone from being altruistic and helping someone? You can be evil and still donate to charity or volunteer to help teach poor children to read or participate in a blood drive.

Any GM who said, "Sorry, but you can't give the beggar 3 copper coins because you're evil," is a moron who doesn't understand how alignments work.
>>
>>49190155
Pure Ranger, with the Skirmisher and Guide archetypes
>>
>>49190077
Those descriptions of alignments are not a limited list of options. It even describes in the text that it is merely a list of options. I suppose you could try to claim it's an exclusive list, and anything not on those list isn't valid. But then you've got yourself a remarkably short list of "valid" characters, all things considered, and no wiggle-room allowed. That makes things dull, IMO.

Besides, if you don't allow NPCs to use diplomacy on PCs to force them to behave a certain way, you're not following the diplomacy rules. But then, no one really does that in games, nor do they allow PCs to do it to other PCs, you know? That's because everyone knows that placing restrictions and limitations on what PCs can want to do (notice the distinction from placing restrictions and limitations on what they can do) or otherwise taking control of a player character from their player is shitty.
>>
>>49190141
My current character is a Marksman with the Mind's Eye Disciple archetype. At level 8 I typically have +26 to ranged attacks. If I'm within 30 feet for Point Blank Shot and using Precognition Offensive I have +30. That can go even higher with our Urban Skald or spellcaster buffs.

After Rapidshot, Manyshot and Deadly Aim I'm easily sitting at +25/+25/+25/+20. That's typically enough to hit anything I need to hit, and I'd much rather than the extra attack per round at than a measly extra +2 to hit and one less APR..
>>
File: 0OV9M1G.gif (13KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
0OV9M1G.gif
13KB, 240x160px
>>49189425
Asking what >>49189533 did, there's definitely a difference.
>>
>>49189881
Open with Fire for the initiative bonus from Embrace the Elements (and an endure elements effect), switch to air in combat for cool lightning. Alternately, always maintain Elemental Flux Stance (air).
>>
>>49190187

"A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple"

At a minimum, the character would general be a bad person. Maybe they have arbitrary acts of goodness, but if someone plays their evil aligned character the same way they play their good aligned character(except for the occasional Infernal Healing cast), they aren't matching the alignment system.
>>
File: Gun.jpg (130KB, 728x636px) Image search: [Google]
Gun.jpg
130KB, 728x636px
>>49190395
I'm Level 7, after Rapid Shot, Manyshot and Deadly Aim I'm at +11/+11/+6
>>
>>49190457

Friendly reminder that Greta and Tamamo are Neutral Evil.
>>
>>49189881

Air is the most useful, but Fire has some of the coolest effects.

Water and Earth can just fuck right off, if those were Force and Gravity they might be cool.
>>
>>49190472
Yeah, you shouldn't be using Rapid Shot with accuracy that low. Can you improve your Dex? Can you improve your weapon? Can you play a better class (what class are you playing? )

What spell buffs and gear do you have easy access to? If you don't have access to spell buffs you'll always be a a few step behind someone who does.
>>
>>49190457
They will probably be moving up towards true neutral though whenever they cast their evil spells their alignment will shift back down to neutral evil. It's the same way anybody's alignment can shift over a period of time, just a little bit faster since magic is involved.

How is this an issue?
>>
>>49182600
I would like to point out the cryptic: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/cryptic

Sure, it's psionic, but there's nothing stopping you from re-flavouring disrupt pattern to be eldritch blast. or re-flavouring anything about it
>>
>>49187113
>>49188339
If you want to murder everything and make your GM dislike you, Broken Blade is the best fisticuffs discipline.

Take Weapon Group Adaptation (I think close includes your unarmed strikes?) and Thrashing Dragon, swift jump is a more fun way to pounce than just charging.

Also, consider going Warlord instead of Brawler, the Steelfist Commando archetype is a better initiator than Brawler, and you can laugh your ass off with the Acrobatics Gambit and Flurry Strike.
>>
>>49190519
I like Water at level 13, at least as far as the Glyph goes. Move action to give everyone in your group Freedom of Movement for 6+ rounds is amazing.
>>
>>49190577
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=932077
Basically, I'm trading off throughput archery power for adaptability, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Also ignore the missing prereq feats, it's a houserule
>>
>>49190208
Ranger is full BaB, so you should be fine to eat plenty of penalties, the extra attacks and damage will more than make up for it, especially with a good buff here and there
>>
I'm interested in playing an Initiator with druidic casting but I haven't seen one yet from DSP.

I assume giving initiation maneuvers to a druid is out, even if you gave up Wild Shaping and your animal companion - initiation + 9th level spellcasting is probably OP?

So what would be a quick and easy way to turn the Hunter into a an initiator? If I just gave up the animal companion and related abilities, would that be enough for standard archetype initiation?
>>
>>49190742
Path of War expanded has archetypes on that. I think Druid gives up all his spellcasting. I know the Paladin does too but it also changes how his Lay On Hands works, which is really annoying.
>>
>>49190742
Just use multiclass or take Martial Training feat.
>>
>>49189533
>>49190451
Map sprites. Specifically in Awakening's style.
>>
>>49190697
Am I reading this correctly? Are you actually playing a Skirmisher Ranger?
>>
>>49190875
Yes
>>
File: 1330487.png (342KB, 600x667px) Image search: [Google]
1330487.png
342KB, 600x667px
How does /pfg/ feel about cute catfolk husbandos?

Would you ever take one as a cohort? Or play one outright?
>>
File: pimpin.jpg (970KB, 1100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
pimpin.jpg
970KB, 1100x1400px
Guys

I might become a pimp in Iron Gods.

Playing a half-drow Mesmerist (to properly acquire bitches, bitches love drow)
I have sleeves of many garments (pimp suit, ALWAYS CLEAN!)
I just bought a dopeass lion ring (pimpin jewelry)
I have a cane (pimpin' ain't easy.)
I need to get a hat, and then my pimp outfit is complete.

Pic related, me in a few sessions.

Should I slowly become a pimp over the course of the campaign?
>>
File: Kogitsune.full.793071.jpg (183KB, 480x750px) Image search: [Google]
Kogitsune.full.793071.jpg
183KB, 480x750px
>>49191053
Please, where do you think you are.
>>
>>49191053

That barbed dick though.
>>
File: 1378518040337.jpg (48KB, 368x412px) Image search: [Google]
1378518040337.jpg
48KB, 368x412px
>>49191025
That's adorable but sadly there's nothing for me to really work with. If you still had spellcasting there would be lots of useful spells to help your attacks hit more often and harder, and you'd be able to purchase Wands to assist you (they're expensive but several of them pay for themselves over time).

As a Skirmisher though you basically traded your most powerful class ability for a handful of party tricks. There's not much advice I can give you besides save up for better weapons and magical items to improve your accuracy and beg your party's wizard to buff you at the start of every battle.
>>
>>49191209
I took the advice of my GM, but I don't really trust his judgment sometimes
I guess I should take Magical Knack and some good buff spells then?
>>
>>49191113
As someone who GM'd Iron Gods, I don't think you have many opportunities for pimpin' outside of book 1 and maybe 2.
>>
>>49191209
I recognize that abuse.
>>
>>49191113

What the fuck, yesterday you wanted him to be a stage magician, something Val Baine and numerous other female and male characters would find adorable and endearing.

Don't go the pimp.
>>
File: 240fafba586a0568c61fd05721da0cad.png (924KB, 1542x2136px) Image search: [Google]
240fafba586a0568c61fd05721da0cad.png
924KB, 1542x2136px
What is the best and most optimal prostitute build in Pathfinder? Actual prostitution, not just seduction.
>>
>>49191365
Let me just pull out the optimal prostitute build from my ass.
>>
>>49191303
>>49191357

Well I guess I

Can I go for the Pimp Aesthetic?

>>49191365

Companion to the Lonely?
>>
>>49191441
Honestly, a Mesmerist isn't all that great for Iron Gods. A lot of the things you'll end up fighting are Constructs so get ready to find the majority of your shit not working.
>>
>>49191365

Bard with Companion to the Lonely, the Courtesan archetype and max ranks in Sense Motive, Bluff, Diplomacy and Perform (Dance/Sexual Technique.)
>>
>>49191441

Psychic Inception bro
>>
>>49191365
Thrallherd - whore thralls
Summoner - whore summons
Druid - I hope your customers are Arabs
>>
>>49191365

Are you trying to play a whore, anon?
>>
>>49191209
What are the best 1st and 2nd level spells for Ranger, and what should I wand?
>>
>>49191688
Wanding Barkskin and Cure Light wounds is good
>>
>>49191688
Honestly you're better off with 3rd level wands like Instant Enemy and Named Bullet than second or 1st level ones. Still, level 1 has Gravity Bow and Aspect of the Falcon (Keen but for bows only worse - probably not worth a wand). Bow Spirit isn't bad either at 4th level, giving you an extra attack per round that stacks with Haste, Rapid Shot, Manyshot, etc.
>>
>>49191365
Enchanting Courtesan PrC. Designed for Inquisitors/Clerics of Calistria, you get to use Sense Motive for Diplomacy/Bluff, and the capstone is an at will touch attack that causes the target to save or orgasm so violently they are stunned for several rounds. if they pass the save they're still staggered.

Did I mention the orgasmo-touch is Ex? No magic involved, you literally just stroke them so good they cum for like half a minute.

Oh, and being Wis based it has good synergy to take Profession (Prostitute)
>>
File: _.png (34KB, 174x238px) Image search: [Google]
_.png
34KB, 174x238px
>>49192797
>>
>>49192849
>dat doujin
2lewd, but Sucy still best girl
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85KB, 749x720px) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85KB, 749x720px
>mfw there are actually people in this thread who have unironically made their characters former (or current) prostitutes
>>
Wasn't there a feat that boosted the Effective Druid Level of Animal Companions or Druids who took the Domains and got one back through other means?
>>
Since thread is ded, someone tell me which build is better:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=932077
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=932448
>>
>>49192941

I believe you're looking for Boon Companion. It makes it easier to multiclass w/ a class that gets a pet buddy.
>>
>>49192871
>>49192849
sauce?
>>
>>49193002
That was it, thank you.
>>
>>49192896
I played a Courtesan once. She wasn't some common prostitute, though she did have sex a few times to further the party's goals.
>>
File: 1466977679312-3.png (72KB, 250x270px) Image search: [Google]
1466977679312-3.png
72KB, 250x270px
What are some good spells that make you sacrifice hp? Looking for something that might combo well with Blood Rage
>>
>>49193662
Blood Money?
>>
>>49193688

You can only deal yourself 1d6 hp damage that way and it doesn't have any synergy. I needed a way to reliably deal 25 damage to myself. Only thing I've found so far is Bloodsworn Retribution. Was wondering if there were more
>>
>>49193804
In one turn? Theres that spell that gives you a vicious weapon. Or just a vicious weapon in general. Would that work?
>>
>>49194010

In one turn would be preferable, but that could work too. Ancestral Gift for a Vicious weapon?
>>
New Thread: >>49194407
>>49194407
>>49194407
>>49194407
>>49194407
>>
>>49194310
There's some spell that gives you a vicious spiked chain. Dunno if it'd be better or not.
>>
>>49184329

OK, I am curious on what the fuck this is from.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.