[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 28

File: Darion.jpg (146KB, 635x949px) Image search: [Google]
Darion.jpg
146KB, 635x949px
Doing What The Living Cannot edition

Discuss the lore of the Warcraft universe and its potential uses in TTRPGs.

Previous thread: >>49162579
>>
>>49176891
i want to marry and make an honest women out of a blood elf!
>>
>>49176932
Good luck with that.
>>
Sylvanas and Jaina are worst girls

Prove me wrong
YOU CAN'T
>>
>>49176951
this is accurate
also Warlord Zaela is best girl
- definitely not Garrosh
>>
File: Genn-compact.png (301KB, 544x480px) Image search: [Google]
Genn-compact.png
301KB, 544x480px
N O F U T U R E
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 316x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 316x465px
https://youtu.be/rTtSlQfSsQY

What would you do if the Scourge took everything from you /tg/?
>>
Do trolls have a special ability that evolves them in accordance with the most plentiful magic in the area and nelves were just the trait going haywire thanks to the well.
>>
>>49177435
Elune did it.
>>
File: RUNECOW.jpg (110KB, 745x706px) Image search: [Google]
RUNECOW.jpg
110KB, 745x706px
So... you guys think they'll do anymore classes considering they might have to make artifacts for them to level through legion content...

Because I really want runemasters... I just really want a brawler class that isn't full of faggotry like monks are.
>>
>>49177435
Something like that. Trolls tend to adapt quickly to their surroundings.
>>
>>49176947
he just needs magical bodily excretions
>>
File: justgirlthings3.png (419KB, 500x689px) Image search: [Google]
justgirlthings3.png
419KB, 500x689px
>playing total war:warhammer

>blizzard will never steal those ideas and make Warcraft: Complete Conflict with a shit ton of waifus and low quality gameplay that blizzdrones praise.

Why did the rts have to die?
>>
>>49177528
Runemaster and Necromancer were originally set to be classes, but they got rolled into Death Knight for a hero class.

As for more classes, I could honestly see them going the route of racial single-spec classes that sort of work off of other ones.

Wardens for Nelves that go to the Dreamgrove, Knights for Humans that go to Light's Hope, Mountaineers for Dwarves that go to Trueshot, etc. etc..

The biggest issue was loot distribution becoming skewed, but now with Personal Loot things can change.
>>
>>49177623
>Warcraft 3 Remaster is in the works already

I mean I get your pain but at least there's some recompense.
>>
>>49177651
>>49177651
I always wondered why blizzard never made different classes for different races like the Age of Reckoning.
>>
>>49177692

Players bitched enough when Shaman and Paladins were faction exclusive.
>>
File: time_frog.jpg (41KB, 452x312px) Image search: [Google]
time_frog.jpg
41KB, 452x312px
>>49177691
>remaster
It seems like yesterday I was on bnet playing tides of blood.

Now I am thirtysomething,
>>
>>49177692
Honestly, Balance and Age. Old systems couldn't allow for personal loot so they tried making it where each armor class and weapon class was spread equally, so too many people weren't rolling on one piece of gear.

Lore too, since Pally and Shaman were faction locked before TBC, which made numerous issues for PvP Balance since one faction had a plate wearing support tank/healer while the other had a mail wearing mitigation healer.
>>
>>49177691
should have been tides, or starcraft
>>
>>49177762
also, they couldn't add bloodlust until shamans were faction balanced. Imagine the fucking uproar if only Horde raids got it
>>
>>49177426
They're not scourge.
Regards, Bolvar fordragon The Lich King CEO and new owner of Scourge inc. ex-subsidiary of the burning legion.
>>
>>49177513
When do DK and DH interact m8?
>>
>>49177691
>Warcraft 3 Remaster

If a dead body could feel anything, this would be a tickling.
>>
>>49177513
I HAVE SACRIFICED EVERYTHING
WHAT HAVE YOU GIVEN
>>
Playable vrykul fucking when blizzard....
>>
>>49178032
After you bend over and take all 3 inches of metzen's cock
>>
>>49176932
Go be a warlock.
Blood elf girls like hot stuff.
>>
What's cooler brehs, Dwarf or Draenei Shadow Priest?
>>
>>49177435
Trolls were already adaptable, and magic already mutates things.

Stumbling upon Azeroth's leaking magical amniotic fluid only accelerates the process.
>>
>>49177851
Allies had better buffs, and the ability to heal for free if the spell crit rate was decent.
Coupled with the anti fear buff of Dorf priests made ally pve a shitload easier.
>>
>>49178537
I was always a fan of the tieflings, the only alliance race I really liked actually.
>>
Warcraft died with Vanilla wow.
99% of raids/major story developments are just rehashed elements/retconns to allow players to go fight pre existing major lore characters.
But now with WOD/Legion they went and did the ulitmate retconn completely nulifying the point of WC3's awesome story by saying demons cant be killed except in the twisting nether...ok then SO WHY THE FUCK DID MEDIVH COMES BACK THEN THAT LITERALLY MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE.

WOW IS JUST PURE CANCER TO WARCRAFT BECAUSE GAMEPLAY AND THE DESIRE TO CREATE SALES DRIVES BLIZZARD TO SAY FUCK THE LORE.

I mean for fucks sake warcraft's story is such a joke in wow now everything is so over the fucking top its like a soap opera fanfiction of warcraft.

Oh yeah they also forgot the Lich King had the power to fucking look into the future and manipulate events to his favour as what he did to illidan
>>
File: night elf dk female.jpg (197KB, 598x830px) Image search: [Google]
night elf dk female.jpg
197KB, 598x830px
>>49177975
Just my eternal soul and the peace of the grave.
>>
>>49178788
>WC3 story
>awesome
it's literally the Star Wars prequels with a less faggy protagonist
>>
>>49178788

Personally I really don't like the scale of how things have gotten. It took me days to work out why I wasn't enjoying Legion as much as I wanted to and I think its because I feel like the stakes have gotten too high.

I just want to go back to being a random bumfuck merc investigating Blackrock to find out what happened to Magni's daughter.
>>
>>49178788

You do realize WC3 had demons who were able to resurrect themselves in the form of dreadlords, right? Like, it's directly mentioned.
>>
>>49178857

Fallen hero stories are as old as the dirt anon.

Really its an Elric rehash or an inversion of Arthurian myth, with the Prince pulling a sword from the stone and the world turning into shit rather than the golden age of Camelot.

Which I guess is what Old Man Merenthil is referring to in the Wrath cinematic.
>>
>>49177975
I think I've made a lot of sacrifices, you know, I've built buildings, I've hired people, I've made tough decisions.
>>
>>49178993
ah yes, choosing your garrison followers was such a chore
>>
>>49178801
Me too Bro, willingly You died like a champ for a cause you believed in, what happened afterwards you had no say in, what have you actually given?
>>
>>49178788
Vanilla WoW was fine. It expanded on a lot of things and really fleshed out the world. The PC was just some random schmo mercenary getting involved with the conflicts in each zone which were often localised.

Obviously though the biggest flaw is the forced Red V Blue which added Nelves to Alliance and Forsaken to Horde. It was clear that was going to cause big problems for the story, it should never have been Red V Blue. But at least vanilla WoW was a direct continuation of WC3 where it was a bit of a cold war where the factions didn't completely trust each other but put aside their differences because they were dealing with shit on their own turf.
>>
>>49178857
It's not great or anything, but WC3 tells a story from the eyes of the different factions involved in it coherently. It's entertaining and it makes sense. The story obviously had thought put into it and was executed well. Can you say the same for WoW?
>>
>>49179168
Mobility for class fantasea.
>>
>>49179168
>willingly
>"Ayy ho, hol up. So you be sayin' eating demon gibs me dat fel power?"
>smacks lips
>eats fel heart.
>>
>>49179574
>Your will status:
[] Your own
[X] Not your own
>>
>>49179649
>our will is our own
>disregard the demon that inhabits our body

The delusion. Can't wait for papa bolvar to unleash the scourge.
>>
>>49179574
>>49179649
ok i laughed hard.
>>
>>49179684
>Me
>Controls my demon
>You
>Literally owned and brainwashed by a frozen 33% orc corpse
>>
>>49179219
>biggest problem is war in warcraft
Go fuck yourself you worthless little shitcunt.
>>
Demon hunter
Hunter
Warrior

Which should I start leveling next? And which artifact?
>>
>>49179168
Technically speaking they gave their lives fighting the scourge, and then chose to use their forced unlife in continued service of their people . Becoming a DK wasn't a choice, but what they do with it afterwards definitely is.

demon the hedgehunters have only given up any hope of having good taste in anything
>>
>>49179715
>I totally control my demon guys, ignore the horns coming out of my head.

>>49179730
Warrior arms.
>>
>>49179757
this.
The PC DKs choose not to return to the grave but fight on for azeroth.
DHs remain edgy all the time and mope around at the back of the class.
>>
>>49179761
>We have free will!
>LKVoice: YES THEY DO. NOW PURGE THE LIGHT FAGS SCOURGE WARS NOW. BRING ME THAT BODYBAG.
>>
File: Maximum problematic.webm (891KB, 912x656px) Image search: [Google]
Maximum problematic.webm
891KB, 912x656px
>DK's don't question others on what they've done and just do what they need to do, no bitching involved
>DH's go MUH DEMONS WUT HAV U DUN MUH DEMONS MUH DEMONS MUH SACRIFICE
>Their boss gets kidnapped

When will they learn?!
>>
>>49179800
>DKs tell the LK not to unleash the scourge and they will take care of the demon problem.
>DKs are still on standby in case the scourge is loosed.
>DHs mope around with animu fighting styles and flying on chicken wings with an OC donut steel story that does literally nothing.
>>
DKs are the guy in school who had a traumatic childhood but tries to help their chums even when they are not the most social

DHs are suburban kids who are going through their angsty phase.
>>
>>49179808
>DK
>Doesn't like first boss
>Kills him
>DH
>Doesn't like his first boss
>Preps the adventurers and uses them to kill 4 underlings
>>
DKs are superior because they were the thematic class of an expansion which was arguably the highest point of warcraft in terms of story and lore.

DHs are a last minute abortion made by blizzard and filled with retcons because the MMO model is failing.
>>
>>49179836
>DK
Local metalhead, smells weird and you're sure he's too old for whatever shit he's doing. Nice if you know him
>DH
Local emo.
>>
>>49179880
metalheads are pretty based as far as weird people go, on par with bikers who take it easy.
>>
>>49179855
So do you think Legion will be end or beginning of the end? I mean where can they go from here, without it getting way out of hand?

I'd be curious about the numbers, I imagine there will be a rise over the next couple of months before it starts dropping again. But I might be wrong.
>>
>>49179892
voidlords and close shop.
I'd enjoy if we don't get another xpack and just shitload of content for legion ending in voidlords.
>>
>>49179902
I suspect MMOs are over. There is whatever genre Overwatch and Heroes are which is where I think most people are heading, certainly among the people I hang out with it's what most "Nomies" play at least.
>>
>>49179892

Titans come back somehow and they're really pissed and want to destroy creation. Go stop them, hero. Also, the factions are united under Sylvanas's enlightened leadership, because she the chosen one spoken of in ancient prophecy.
>>
>>49179937
People don't have time anymore, that's why MMOs are dying.
As are all time-consuming things.
Thanks globalism!
>>
>>49179937
actually there seems to be some kind of interest in MMOs of old that are about the RPG parts of MMORPGs.

but yeah, the market is increasingly catering to the less particular gamers since their money is as good as the other.
>>
>>49179968
Is this before or after she and Illidan have fused their minds and souls with Azeroth to form the final ultimate titan?
>>
>>49179720
Except there was always plenty of war in the game. Any sane person fights one war at a time - they don't want to open new fronts if they don't have to. I'm not against Red Vs Blue - I'm against Red Vs Blue that doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>49179977
Might just be our generation growing up and getting work, the late 90s/ early 2000s crowd seem to prefer candy crush and whatever else you get on their phones.
>>49179989
I'm actually having more fun playing on a wrath server and experiencing the old content than I am playing retail. It feels a lot heavier and significant, while current retail feels almost cartoony.
>>
>>49179977
>globalism
>wow was one of the first instances of massively popular virtual spaces where people all over the world mingled.

Man, blizzard secured their place in history eh?
>>
VOID LORDS COMING
>>
>>49180073
>Void lord name is d'roth'zzild
>>
>>49179968
That would rustle my jimmies quite a whole fucking bit
>>
>>49180065
>I'm actually having more fun playing on a wrath server and experiencing the old content than I am playing retail. It feels a lot heavier and significant, while current retail feels almost cartoony.
its because Wrath remains an RPG in terms of world interaction and to a lesser extent class mechanics.

Cataclysm and beyond was when blizzard went full themepark. Instead of azeroth being a living breathing world full of character interactions, it got turned into a bunch of attractions you rush through while levelling before hopping on the raid/PVP train.
>>
>>49180103
>Jeo'or'Soroe
>>
>>49180103
>>49180137
I don't get it.
>>
>>49180103
>>49180137
t. Alexios Jones of infocrusades.epl
>>
>>49180193
Buy his Light Filters (tm) to ensure Fel Corruption isn't getting into your supply.
>>
>>49180193
THE FORSAKEN ARE PUTTING PLAGUE IN OUR WATER.
BUY MY FILTERS
>>
>>49180150
This one >>49180103 is the Rothschilds, and >>49180137 is George Soros. Favorite targets of >>49180193 Alex Jones of InfoWars. Curiously, they seem to have forgotten MINERAL FUSION, which means that while they can filter the VOID, they can't bulk up to prevent it from ever affecting them.
>>
>>49180326
EAT YOUR 100% SCOURGE CERTIFIED BITS TO BECOME UNDEAD AND IMMUNE TO THE OLD GOD CORRUPTION.
>>
>>49180357
COMING UP WE INTERVIEW THE KING OF GILNEAS, GENN GREYMANE, ABOUT HIS UNIQUE APPROACH TO IMMUNITY FROM THE UNDEAD PLAGUE.

AFTERWARDS A SPECIAL REPORT BY GRAND MARSHALL GARATHOS ABOUT THE ELFISH FALSE FLAG ATTACK THAT LEFT US WITHOUT OUR KING AND SERVING AN UNDEAD ELF.
>>
File: 1471380629457.jpg (25KB, 507x408px) Image search: [Google]
1471380629457.jpg
25KB, 507x408px
I'm sure this has been discussed before but is there a consensus on Xal'atath's origin?

This quote from Xal'atath is curious....

>"To see Yogg-Saron's nightmare in full bloom fills me with jealousy... and some pride."

Priest order hall says:

>There are many theories concerning the blade‘s creation. The more outlandish claim that it is all that remains of a forgotten Old God who was consumed by its kin in the early days of the Black Empire. Other theories state that Xal'atath is the claw of Y'Shaarj, ripped from the Old God's monstrous form and bestowed upon its servants for use in ritual sacrifices.

If the chronicle is to be believed there should've only ever been four, right? Though I guess there's a chance she really was an Old God but was consumed before the titans came.
>>
>>49180439
They keep flipflopping on the number of Old Gods, I'm sure they'll pull a secret one out of their ass later on. Or the Void Lords will send them down en masse like non-elite mooks.
>>
>>49180520
>old god trash mobs incoming.
>>
>>49180520
>next expac
>after defeating the legion, the skies start to light up
>looks like shooting stars
>suddenly 1000 old gods
>>
>>49180439
Depending on how far Blizzard is trying to tie its universes together with thematic plot points, if we look at Diablo and Tiamat, there might be as many as 7 Old Gods. Though I dislike the Tiamat concept, it might be cool here showing that the Old Gods give no fucks and will fall upon one another given the chance.
>>
>>49180326
>tfw you pop BrainForceâ„¢ and DNA Forceâ„¢ in a raid and top the DPS meters
>>
File: 1463866903829.jpg (486KB, 1600x1241px) Image search: [Google]
1463866903829.jpg
486KB, 1600x1241px
>>49180520
>>49180597
I'm hoping she really is a dead Old God, it makes my boner that much harder if so. Best dagger waifu is too pure for just some claw bullshit.

Also, while I dislike the thought of Old Gods becoming trash mobs. I admit it would be awesome seeing them rain down in a future expansion. If Blizzard goes that route I hope they reveal it in the cinematic.
>>
>>49180749
I can see at least one Old God crashing into the planet, specifically the supposed hidden landmass on the other side of Azeroth. We'll go there, see new lands (again) and beat up an Old God after finding out how to kill it properly.
>>World of Warcraft: The Stars Are Right
>>
>>49180773
On strange tides maybe, (might already be a thing, is it?), can have a naval/ coastal themed thing with Naga and aquatic goblins and shit.
>>
>>49180773
>other side of the planet infested with Old Gods
>there's still trolls and tauren
>>
>>49180827
>>trolls are STILL we wuz kangs
They should be genocided already.

>>49180817
Garrison-ships. Upgrade your ship, sail it around, fight other players in naval battles.
>>
>>49180873
>tfw you need to choose between building a mage tower or a dwarf tower on your boat to fight the filthy horde and their ship which has a troll tower they stole from the local beach trolls.
>>
>>49180905
>>Alliance gets Chapel of Light
>>Horde gets Oogabooga Dindunuffin Projects
>>
>>49180928
>>49180873
>>49180905
>death knights get to fly Acherus over again
>>
>>49180951
>Archerus
you mean we get back naxx.
>Pros
Naxx
>Cons
We're a democratic state so we all have to vote on what upgrades to get.
>>
>>49180928
"Attention Champion, this is your Warchief, Sylvanas Windrunner. After my last attempt to kidnap a god of a race of people who were minding their own business and had no need or desire to be involved with the conglomerate of various undesirables that is the horde, I have decided to find some new barbarians to harass.

You will take our new ship, Triumph of the Dark Lady, and steal the local Troll variant's Loa. Do this Champion and the Forsaken will triumph... And the rest of the Horde too of course, don't defy me you filthy Troll."
>>
>>49180951
>Kirin Tor teleports Dalaran yet again.
>>
File: 1468711114309.jpg (50KB, 358x448px) Image search: [Google]
1468711114309.jpg
50KB, 358x448px
>>49180873
>>49180905
I've always thought a sorta Wind Waker like expansion would be pretty neat. Traveling around world on your ship

>Potentially visit other side of world if there's landmass there
>South Seas fun
>Treasure islands
>Zandalar remnants
>Learn the fate of Undermine
>Actually fucking see Kul Tiras after all these years
>Good time for an Azshara beat-down

Might be nice break from all the universe ending stuff, ya know?
>>
>>49179892
Maybe they will do an Allods online, and hop players onto a space ship for the end-game, scouring the universe to fight powerful bosses.
>>
>>49177623
>why did rts have to die
because no one played them
>>
>>49181020
Custom ship would be fucking amazing.
>>
>>49181039
>and hop players onto a space ship for the end-game, scouring the universe to fight powerful bosses.

>interplanetary war between two previously unknown alien races is climaxing
>suddenly the command center of one of the belligerents is overwhelmed by 20 mysterious figures
>alright.. we've had a lot of trouble on this guy in the past, but I think we got it this time. Odd groups go to left, even groups go to right
>>
>>49181054
They could be. More likely result:

>Another 2 years of garrison shipyard.
>>
File: 1472643236087.png (734KB, 994x545px) Image search: [Google]
1472643236087.png
734KB, 994x545px
>>Horde is 'overrun' on the cliff
>>They need to retreat without warning the Alliance
>>Baine is fucking walking away from the battlefield while carrying a full grown orc
Horde. Not even once.
>>
>>49181039
I could see that honestly. That's basically what the army of the light already is doing. Even now they're engaging the Legion on Argus according to Xe'ra.

After the Legion comes purging all the void filth infesting the universe.
>>
>>49180773
Aren't there already holograms of the world in at least one of the Ulduar dungeons? Granted, I'm sure the holograms are already outdated with the addition of Pandaria and Broken Isles, but it's kind of weird and shortsighted that Blizzard would add something like that in the first place.
>>
>>49181048
total warhams sold really well though 850,000 according to steamspy.
>>
>>49181129
>Jaina could have Mass Teleported the entire Alliance army, but she disappeared before Gul'dan could summon any demons at all
pure coincidence you dumb goyim, remember that the Horde are your enemy and the Legion are your friends
>>
File: (you).gif (2MB, 460x277px) Image search: [Google]
(you).gif
2MB, 460x277px
>>49181147
The way Blizzard works is that they add in a lot of stuff which can be built on and/or retconned later on. The globes could be waved away as misinformation, like how Loken was Prime Designate until it actually turned out to be Odyn and Loken was just a big liar who altered the Titan's nanny cam.
>>
>>49181174
Considering who they were based on, I was really surprised that Odyn wasn't there with the rest of them in Wrath.

The lying and manipulating matches up with Loki in any case.
>>
>>49181168
We only know what we saw, and what we saw was a leisurely 'retreat' at the Alliance's expense. If Jaina was included in the cinematic, which I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz just forgot about her, you could explain it away in a single sentence.
>>My magic is failing, all the Fel energy in the area is making it too dangerous to teleport!

>>49181202
He's supposed to be stuck in the Halls of Valor. Except for when he shows up in Stormheim as Havi , though it might just be some kind of projection rather than him physically being there.
>>
>>49181147
The broken isles are actually much smaller than the map would indicate.

Remember that the game world in WoW is not to scale. A scale that varies by expansion or whenever the devs find it convenient to fudge.
>>
>>49181168
moe like
>blizzard forgot that so thst drama could happen.
>>
>>49181129
This is still the greatest pic edit to come out of this whole expansion. Really want something to top it if it can be.
>>
>>49181147
Metzen confirmed in a Q&A globes non-canon. Blizzard could always change their mind of course, but not giving anything definitive leaves it open for doing whatever in the future.
>>
>>49181223
>>49181256
>th-they j-just forgot
thanks for the input Mal'ganis
>>
>>49181289
Go back to dickriding Sylvanas like the rest of the Horde.
>>
>>49181258
Only thing that could is bolvar lifting up ICC and using it as a mobile assault platform to fuck legion shit up
>>
>>49181306
I wouldn't mind fucking Sylvanas.
>>
>>49181306
>Alliance players spend all of Cata and MoP complaining that the Horde has an orcish warchief
>he gets removed and replaced with an elf
>WAAAAAAW WHY ARE THEY USING TACTICS START MINDLESSLY CHARGING THINGS AGAIN REEEEEEE
>>
>>49181392
alliance babbies are still butthurt their dreadlord left their king to die and can't comprehend the "alliance" is full of hypocritical backstabbing xenophobic shitwaffles. This leads to them needing to vent and since they natually have a serious inferiority complex, they naturally turn their rage against their betters, the horde.
>>
>>49181392
>he gets removed and replaced with an elf

>Hordetard forgetting somebody.

Classic. He would've made a fine warchief too.
>>
>>49181467
>"alliance"
>hypocritical backstabbing xenophobic shitwaffles
That's now how you spell Garrosh.
>>
>>49181484
>he blames garrosh for everyone hating him
>his next choice is shitting on the scourge, even though they host the night elves and the fucking eredar, the same 2 shithead races that are the cause for every single shitty thing in the warcraft universe to happen, except for the scourge, which was arthas, an alliance leaders, fault.
>>
>>49181476
Vol'jin didn't do a single fucking thing after he became Warchief, any major Horde operation was led by the PC or random trolls. Sylvanas was more of a warchief than he was even before he died
>>
>>49181552
>Vol'jin didn't do a single fucking thing after he became Warchief
Good. That already makes him the best Warchief. Horde leaders have a tendency to fuck things up whenever they try to do something.
>>
>>49181512
Scourge is 100% legion made and the first LK was an ORC.
>>
>>49181512
>Arthas is responsible.

Literally a case of wrong place wrong time.

Obviously the Scourge is Kil'Jaden's thing first and foremost. But, ignoring him..

If we're playing the blame game for the Scourge then we could start with Gul'Dan who failed the Legion which led to the Scourge.

Ner'Zul for being so much of a shitter he couldn't escape a demon he knew was fucking bad news and had some major mojo.

Kel'Thurzard for establishing a communistic necromancer cult.

Dalaran for wanting to study a bunch of fucking berserker aliens instead of killing the fucks and then having the resources to put into actual useful things like rebuilding the kingdoms or investigating a plague that the Paladins and Priests can't heal.

Then Arthas and Uther for being both stubborn fucks. And Arthas for doing the only thing he could do and then getting cold feet over it, and being played by a demon he knew was playing him,rather than accepting the necessity of it.

Arthas is in no way blameless, but he certainly didn't start the Scourge train he got swept along it, and eventually stopped caring.
>>
>>49181552
Meanwhile your waifu is busy chasing immortality while also giving her guards the slip. Real amazing warchief material you have there.
>>
>>49181663
>who works under Kil'Jaden, an Eredar turned demon, which leads back to point A which is night elves and eredar ruined everything and are still alliance races.
>>
>>49181763
>Meanwhile your waifu is busy chasing immortality while also giving her guards the slip.
Lady Liadrin never did that, retract this slander
>>
>>49179989
Dark Age of Camelot is getting a sort-of remake.
And it looks fucking awesome
>>
>>49181773
>Blaming Night Elves and Eredar
>Not blaming Sargeras
Face it. You just dislike the master races, and are looking for any reason to hate on them!
>>
>>49177651
So... Ragnarök Online's class progression system? I'm perfectly fine with that.
>>
>>49181749
Arthas being at Stratholme wasn't a case of Wrong Place, Wrong Time. It was manipulated by Mal'ganis to be that way. He even said as much since his ENTIRE plan the entire time was to get Arthas corrupted.

Mal'ganis surviving being soul drained tho was retarded. Frostmourne directly consumes the soul of anything it touches so it should be hyper lethal for demons, especially since Legion directly explains that powerful demon's souls basically just reform.
>>
So is everyone just going to ignore that Illidan is literally the star child of destiny and the only hope of defeating the Legion as preordained by the head of the Naaru itself?

>>49181168
Given the whole thing was a trap to begin with, it's fair to assume teleportation magic would be locked out by interference.
>>
>>49181512

>host the night elves and eredar, the 2 that cause every shitty thing

Technically Elune is to blame now. Since Elune did EVERYTHING.
>>
>>49182046
The souls aren't destroyed by Frostmourne, it's more like they're absorbed. They were released when the sword broke. I'd assume Mal'ganis' soul then went back to the nether and reformed.
>>
>>49182067
Mal'Ganis never got absorbed by the sword. He was behind the whole Scarlet Crusade all along. Their entire purpose was to attack Icecrown. I'm still miffed Mal'Ganis never made an appearance in the raid.
>>
>>49182067
Mal'Ganis was still in Northrend the entire time. He's directly responsible for the Scarlet Onslaught after Balnazzar got killed in Vanilla by whoever.

He's north of Icecrown in a cave. He never technically died for some reason and Frostmourne wasn't broken till the end of Wrath.
>>
>>49182046
I meant it more in the sense that had Arthas not been the one assigned to dealing with the grain in the first place things would have potentially ended up differently. Its not too much of a stretch to think that in one time line he got sent down to Stormwind to hash out some kind of deal with Varien or was sent to Ironforge to do the same thing with Magni.

But I imagine that there were likely Dreadlords in the court anyway setting things up so they played out the way they did. Seems a strangely complex thing for a demon to do just so that his master's underling will do what it's told, but after the first thousand, burning worlds to ash must get boring so maybe he was going along with it because he thought it might be funny.
>>
>>49182046
>Frostmourne directly consumes the soul of anything it touches
When did this get established? The inscription specifically said "whomsoever takes up this blade". Obviously it sucks souls, but not with every single poke. Illidan survived getting slashed open, after all.
>>
>>49182074
>>49182078
Strange, I don't remember that. But I see your point now, that's definitely nonsense.
>>
>>49182074
>Their entire purpose was to attack Icecrown
>Corrupt arthas
>He goes rogue
>Want to break his legs
>>
>>49180439
Well, there are only 4 Old Gods on Azeroth, but I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that there are others around, in other planets. Maybe a chunk of an extra-azerothian Old God fell here through ANCIENT AND INCOMPREHENSIBLE SHENANIGANS.
>>
>>49182133
>Reveal that an old god lodged into one of the unexplored parts of Draenor.
>Rides a piece of exploded Draenor.
>Which is now on a collision course with Azeroth.
>>
>>49182057
Do you know the expression "Ignore it until it goes away"? That's what everyone is doing with the revelation that Iliidindu is the apparent saviour of the universe.
>>
File: 1472849709158.png (892KB, 498x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1472849709158.png
892KB, 498x1063px
What did they mean by this
>>
>>49182223
"Our writing staff is on drugs, please ignore the stupid shit."
>>
>>49182083

If Arthas hadn't been assigned to Stratholme, they would have probably killed Uther. He wasn't willing to be as brutal as Arthas and outright stated as much. Without Arthas to stop him going in, he'd probably have been killed by Mal'Ganis and co since the loss of the single greatest paladin in the world would have either ruined the shit out of morale, which was the Scourges main battle strat.
>>
>>49182083
Also Lorderan was a dick nation. They didn't give a fuck about Stormwind or Stromgarde. They literally holed up in their own little area and watched as the Scourge raped their shit.

Gilneas was guilty of that as well but they got made yiffs.

Stormwind already asked for help prior with the Orcs but got told fuck off so had to get High Elf and Dwarvish help.
>>
>>49177528
The possibility of runemaster at this point is very very low because
>DK has runes and runic power as a mechanic
>Monk is the token punchmaster
>DH is the shirtless glowing tattoo class
The first 3 potential hero classes considered by Blizzard were necromancer, death knight and runemaster. They all got rolled into current death knight
>>
>>49182238
Yeah exactly, which opens up all sorts of interesting scenarios ranging from Arthas finds himself stuck on the outside while the Scourge bolstered by the second largest city in the Kingdom runs roughshod over a splintered army and with the Silver Hand presumably shattered because I'm sure Mal'Gannis would make sure the majority of it went down with Uther.

So there is a possibility of Arthas living as King in Exile, or the more likely scenario of him returning full of righteous fury and then being slowly worn down before being killed and raised anyway.

So in many ways he was always damned, no matter what happened, it was just the manner of how it happened.

If you fail The Culling in WC3 you can apparently watch while Mal'Gannis leads an undead horde out of the city and into the country side while saying something along the lines of: "Pathetic, I expected more from Ner'Zuls pet project or something similar."
>>
>>49182250
Was that after the Second War? I always had the impression that Terenis was famous for dicking around with the Alliance and trying to keep everyone happy. While Stromgarde left because they wanted an Orc genocide, not camps.

As for the Stromwind thing, Arthas and Varian were meant to be pretty good friend's weren't they? and the Manual flat out states that Arthas and Muradin were pretty close. Based on that assuming Terenis was trying to keep the Alliance alive while the Elves were pulling out because they didn't want to be dragged into human affairs and Dalaran were trying to jew everyone else to pay for advanced Orc studies. It makes sense to send the Prince who has personal ties with both of them to do some diplomacy, which was something he needed practice in anyway.
>>
>>49177528

Won't happen. Expect the NEXT major expansion to include 'hero' mode for classes. Basically 2 options in a spec that do different shit.

Paladins would get something like :

Protection split between Vanguard and 'insert name of tankyshit' with 1 being strictly single target and the other more for 5 mans.

Ret would be Crusader and Purgator. Again similar split .

etc etc. Basically it would mean you'd have a spec within a spec to specialise what you do as that role.

We sorta have that now with the talents but hey ho need dem dollaz.

I'd rather just them use the Azeroth the WoD orcs didn't invade and have a WoW 2 where you have a totally different canon based on Medivh getting fucked by there being no invasion, Tauren and Darkspear being wiped out by the lack of Orcs to save their shit and no Scourge/Forsaken since no Lich King.

That way you can remove Nelfs as a race for Alliance and make a NEW Horde that's not the mistaken heroes of the setting because WE WUZ NOBLE.
>>
>>49182321
WOW 2 will be when the Arakoa who turned the chunk of Outland they were on into a spaceship crash into some other titan baby and the whole thing starts off again.
>>
File: 1411471268539.gif (154KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1411471268539.gif
154KB, 360x360px
>>49182321
>>49182368
>There will never be a 'forging the Alliance' kingdom builder game.
>>
>Illidan from day 1 is basically the chosen one
>This is revealed (AKA just re-stated clearly)
>LE ILLIDINDU MUH VANILLAS
>>
File: a4b.jpg (110KB, 960x652px) Image search: [Google]
a4b.jpg
110KB, 960x652px
Post yfw Anduind shows up during Illidan's power-up ceremony and tells Light's Heart it's stupid before getting blessed by Xe'ra
>>
File: 1457187293490.jpg (133KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
1457187293490.jpg
133KB, 623x414px
>>49182561
>>
Did this quest, Awakenings, which claims that the Stormrage twins were almost completely identical, save that one had golden eyes. Illidan.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall that MALFURION HAD GOLDEN EYES, TOO.

Do the writers not know their own lore or am I misremembering?
>>
>>49181048
>implying nobody played WC3
>implying people wouldn't go fucking nuts for WC4
>>
>>49182133
>>49182209
I just did the quest in outland shadowmoon valley where you stop the arakkoa from summoning an OG. So I'd say that more old gods from outer space aren't unlikely

And I hope they'll be chased by grossly incandescent Apexis space ships
>>
>>49182605
Illidan was born with golden eyes, which is rare in Night elves, Malfurion gained them through long term use of druidic magic
>>
>>49182605
Illidan was born with golden eyes, Malfurion gained them.
>>
>>49181129
>>>they need to retreat without warning the alliance
You know a loud ass horn should be a warning
>>
>>49182605
Illidan was born with golden eyes, which used to be a sign of great potential for druidism.

Malfurion got golden eyes from being a powerful druid.

Except that now being born with golden eyes is an omen of one's destiny as Jesus 3.0: Felectric Boogaloo.
>>
So, if Death Knights are the upperclassman metal head with family issues, and Demon Hunters are the shitty suburban kid listening to Breaking Benjamin in the back of the class...

What are all the other classes?
>>
>>49182756
>DK
>not midle/low
>>
>>49182756
Warriors are that friend that treats you kind of shitty, but will break the knees of anyone else that treats you like shit.
>>
>>49182756
Whorelock is the local edgelord maximum with a band of retards that do his (retarded) bidding.
>>
>>49182756
>Priest
A nice christian fella with evil urges
>Hunter
Gun nut. Probably fucks the dog
>Mage
Nerd
>Warlock
Sexual favors for good grades
>Paladin
The anti-bully
>Shaman
Perpetually high
>Rogue
Dickhead
>Druid
The hippy. Smells a mix of forest and zoo. Definitely fucks the dog
>>
>>49182756
druids are the guys who never have opinions and just do whatever everyone else wants
>>
>>49182756
Paladins are the quarterback, head cheerleader.

Priests are the popular everybodies friend type.

Druid is the guy who knows a weird amount of info about animals and is always with them.

Shamans are the Reggie and weed crowd.

Mage is the overachiever

Warriors are the guys who arn't the smartest people in the world, but you know they've got your back.

Warlocks are the guys who knows a guy and are always hanging our with the dangerous crowd but nevery caught doing anything.

Hunters are the ones who are always going hunting and tramping.
>>
>>49177528
But monk abilities are really fun in WoW currently.
>>49180326
As much as Alex Jones babbles it is funny how Soros seems to be on a crusade to prove him right.

>>49180817
>>49180905
>>49180873
>>49181020

There will never be a laid back Island-hopping expansion. Legion pretty much sealed the deal, shit will only get bigger and dumber from here on out.

God I fucking hate it so much.
>>
>>49182223
YEP! That's Blizzard writing at its best!
>>
>>49183030
>shit will only get bigger and dumber from here on out.
In overarching plot sense, yes, shit will just keep inflating like DBZ power levels.

For zone-by-zone storylines, it will probably continue to vary. It's why I enjoy zones for their stories and I enjoy raids for their mechanics; Raid plot points tend to be bloody stupid.
>>
File: WoW_titans.jpg (64KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
WoW_titans.jpg
64KB, 600x339px
Question: Why won't the Titans of the Pantheon just go to Sargeras and tell him to stop the shit he is doing? Failing that why won't they just force him to do so, surely they are able defeat one of their own.
>>
>>49183270
>surely they are able defeat one of their own.
Heh, yeah, about that... Sargeras was their 'go fuck up void shit' champion because he was the best warrior they had. He killed the entire pantheon off screen.
>>
>>49182756
>Paladins and Priests
The weird guys that play board games and listen to gregorian chants, Van Canto, Two Steps From Hell and symphonic metal (Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, etc). Basically a fa/tg/uy with a tincture of mall goth.

Alternatively, the squeaky clean, holier-than-thou religious kid that has a Bible-shaped deformation under his left armpit. If given a chance, would go on full DEUS VULT mode.

>Shaman
That one guy that manages to get along with everyone, is a surpisingly good student, but no one really remembers him.

>Mage
Autist that goes on tard strength-fueled rampages if his pencils aren't arranged like a Pan's Flute with exactly 1/3 of an inch between them, otherwise a pretty swell and smart guy.

>Rogue
The cafeteria psychopath that wears all black and walks in the corridors whistling Twisted Nerve.

>Warriors
Neutral-nice dude. His personality isn't very outward and friendly, but he's pretty nice to hang with and would give the shirt off his back to someone in need,

>Hunter
The /k/ommando that wears era-appropriate camo to History class.; is surprisingly good at Biology classes due to survival training innawoods in case shtf. Dreams of fucking a Mosin-Nagant, and casually huffs Hoppes.

>Druid
The token hippie/Shaggy LARPer. Acts laidback, jumps on every opportunity to make a weed/420 joke, advocates for the legalization of marijuana because hemp and Amsterdam and duuuuuude I'm hungry. Has never touched a blunt.

>Warlock
Average edgelord /x/-phile that sees conspiracy theories everywhere, believes he can create a tulpa, and thinks the Mandela Effect is something other than faulty memory. Spent the last year saving up allowance money to buy the ingredients to attempt a succubus summoning spell.

>Monk
Annoying weeaboo that won't shut up about Naruto/One Piece/Bleach/DBZ, muh grorious nippon steel folded a mirrion times, and california rolls. Reads doujins during PE/gym, and collects novelty-flavoured Japanese Kit Kats.
>>
>>49183270
The Titans have been dead for ages, killed by Sargeras.

So, all those years listening to Rhonin yell to the CITIZENS OF DALARAN to RAISE THEIR EYES TO THE SKY AND OBSERVE were for literally nothing, since the "fuck Azeroth's shit up and begin anew" signal would fall on dead ears.
>>
>>49183352
No, the Origination or whatever the fuck they called the planet nuking would've gone off automatically without the 'do not kill / everything is fine' signal.
>>
>>49183270
>>49183283

Wait, then how come all the shit Ulduar with Algalon happened?
>>
>>49183390

Algalon was already in Ulduar, and had been since the start, but I think Yogg-Saron set him off and made him initialize the reorigination business.
>>
>>49183390
They either sent Algalon before they got their shit wrecked or Algalon has a set schedule for checking up on planets (he mentions being the cause of millions upon millions of deaths, so he clearly doesn't JUST visit Azeroth) and doesn't actually check in with the bosses that often.

It's a big universe.
>>
>>49183283
If Sargeras and his Legion is so fucking powerful that he has overthrown the Pantheon then how come Azeroth has beaten the legion back so many times? Mere mortals from one planet that are often too busy fighting each other has won where Titans that commanded the vast energies of the entire cosmos was beaten? This seriously doesn't make sense...
>>
>>49183446
>Good/interesting lore would mitigate the effect of grinding.
lel
It doesn't have any grind till max level because levelling is fast.
>>
>>49183446
Leveling can be quite fun, if you choose the right zones and install the Storyline addon. Be aware of the lvl 60-70 zones tho, those are the oldest in the game and relie heavily on grinding.
>>
>>49183446
the end game of WoW is currently grindy, but it's because the new expansion just released and Blizzard went overboard with anti-autism timegates. Wait until 7.1 and buy it if you want to avoid the worst of it

>>49183469
because the only time the Legion was summoned in enough force to actually call forth Sargeras, he got KNAAKED
>>
>>49183469
the planet is coldsteel the hedgehog.
>>
>>49183446
Its not.
Pretty grind "free" as mmos come.
>>
>>49183390
>>49183385
Algalon was wasting his time, and, therefore, so were we. He sent the Pantheon the message that Azeroth was corrputed and needed to be purged, and WE sent, soon afterwards, the distress signal that said "Sorry, my bad, please don't purge this planet. No, really, everything is fine, nothing to see here, problem solved", which nullifies the first one.

Both were a waste of time because there was no one on the other end to receive the messages anyway. No one to initiate the Reorigination, no one to stop it.
>>
>>49183469
I don't think they really count as 'mere mortals' anymore, not when they've been able to wreck the shit of an Old God since vanilla.

Azeroth (and Draenor) races have been riding the power creep wave just as much as the 'all demons respawn, not just dreadlords' Legion has.
>>
>>49183527
>Both were a waste of time because there was no one on the other end to receive the messages anyway.

You're assuming reorigination can't be automated.
>>
>>49183527
Reorigination, according to the lore around the Thunder King Best King, can be triggered locally. The Titans don't need to activate it themselves.

So if the signal was meant to reach Uldum instead of eight billion light years through space, it still works for its purpose: Stopping the Reorigination from happening.

Also, it took the Vol'vir time to fire the thing the first time, too.
>>
>>49183552
He's also assuming a kill signal was already sent, when Algalon states that the planet is fucked if no signal goes out.

Which actually makes perfect sense, since if the Old Gods fucked up Algalon's shit, there wouldn't be anyone around to send word to nuke the planet. So it works a failsafe, so if Algalon is compromised, planet gets nuked just to be safe.
>>
>>49183418
>They either sent Algalon before they got their shit wrecked or Algalon has a set schedule for checking up on planets

Algalon was actually summoned when you murder Prime Designate Loken.
>>
>>49183552
>>49183563
>>49183592

Well, you do have a point. Now that I stop to think about it, there are a number of computers around Azeroth, most infamously that one fucking encounter in Halls of Stone and the console in Ulduar that gives the quests for Vala'nyr, so there's literally nothing stoppping full automation of the reorigination process. I concede my defeat.
>>
>>49183390
>>49183404
>>49183527
>>49183552
>>49183592

>>49183563 is correct. Algalon wasn't sending the message to the Titans (Who he might even have known were already dead. He's not really a titan construct.), he was sending it to Uldum to start up the Halls of Origination. You could almost say that Uldum opened in Cata because a message was recieved.
>>
>>49181223
>though it might just be some kind of projection rather than him physically being there.
Huh, that might explain those menial labor quests.
>Throw those ingredients in the stew.
>Carry that huge fish to the fire.
>No, I could totally do it myself, really!
>>
>>49183859
Not sure. Some of his followup dialog is him commenting on the food, which would be difficult if he was a projection. Was him being Odyn ever confirmed? Or is it possible he was Odyn's herald or something?
>>
>>49183941
If I recall correctly, he turns back into Odyn right outside the gate of Halls of Valor, in front of you, and gives you a quest to go do the dungeon.
>>
>>49183941
Nah, he's Odyn. At the end of Stormheim's main questline, he reveals himself at the entrance to the Halls of Valor.
>>
>>49183499
>because the only time the Legion was summoned in enough force to actually call forth Sargeras, he got KNAAKED

Why does one need to 'summon' Sargeras? If he is so damn powerful can't he just come to Azeroth by himself? Aman'thul has thorn Yshaarj apart with his bear hands on Azeroth. Sargeras can't do that despite being crazily more powerful?
>>
>>49183270
First thing Sargeras did when he drank the green kool-aid was to murder every single titan
>>
>>49184013
>If he is so damn powerful can't he just come to Azeroth by himself?
it's a hell of a walk and he won't ask for directions
>>
>>49184105
No wonder he employs so many warlocks:
>Where's the entrance?
>Summon me.
>I can't find the entrance.
>Guys?
>>
>>49181020
>Undermine
>the Troll slaves took over Kezan, renaming Zul'Kezan
>the Goblin's resistance is plagued by being easily bribed by the Trolls
>horrible Old God bits leak out from the Undermine itself
>Kaja'Mite is Old God stuff, right?
>cartel infighting over who gets the rights to reclaim the place
>the occasional Gnome shows up to grab some tech
>probably a raid down in the Undermine itself
>gear fashioned from the ruins and tech (Paladins getting Stop Signs for shoulders, foglights on the face, etc etc)
>>
>>49179855
How is it a retcon if nothing was altered or lost?
>>
>>49184620
>Illidan suddenly has an army of nelf and belf demon hunters.
>After having all of three nelfs on staff in TBC.
>And all the belfs get butchered in Shadowmoon quests.
>>
>>49184667
>Illidan can't keep secrets.

Fuck off.
>>
>>49183306
>gregorian chants
>Implying you wouldn't jam to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55XIdavZxCQ
>>
File: shiv.jpg (16KB, 200x273px) Image search: [Google]
shiv.jpg
16KB, 200x273px
>>49181763
Mother Malevolence never did such a thing!
>>
>>49184721
Considering Kael ran off and joined the Legion and we systematically butchered our way through all of Illidan's forces, there's no a lot of places to hide them.

Oh, and Akama joined up with us, and I'm sure he'd share valuable information like "HAS ANOTHER ARMY, WHO OCCASIONALLY SWING BY."
>>
>>49183469
Mortals can cause some serious shit.

DH tanking Artifact says the Aldrachi race were so badass they halted the legion too and it took Sargeras himself to actually off their king.
>>
>>49183941
>>49183963
>>49183971

Odyn is just a gigantic trolling asshole.
>>
>>49184876
Good thing we only got Odin and not Zeus.
>>
>>49184851
What other army? We are the Illidari, we are one army of illidan's you dumbass. He just sent all of his students that are of his army, some shivara, and some of Vashj's troops to Maradum. That isn't a retcon, that's called expanding the universe/lore.
>>
>>49184922
>Sends some Ashtongue
>Akama does not know about this for some reason

the entire DH stuff is just as asspull. Like that bullshit with the Shade of Akama.
>>
>>49184922
All of Illidan's demon hunter forces were accounted for in TBC. Adding more is a retcon, considering the sheer volume of quests dealing with dismantling and killing off the demon hunters in the expansion.

So having a massive number of demon hunters secreted off of Outland, with no mention from the characters that worked for Illidan and would have been privy to that knowledge, even after they threw their lot in with the Alliance / Horde / Shattrath, is bullshit.
>>
>>49184938
Because Akama knows everything that happens, especially when hes already left the black temple to go betray illidan. There also can't be a faction that don't give a fuck about Akama. Which guess what, the ones in the DH Class Hall do NOT care about Akama. Infact you have to TELL THEM not to harm Akama's broken when you go to recruit him.
>>
>>49184995
Akama's sole reason for turning traitor was because he didn't like the shit Illidan was doing to his people. The Ashtongue broken.

So I think he'd at least do a fucking head count after freeing them.
>>
>>49184995
That's the entire point as to why it's fucking retarded

>Illidan using Broken as literal slaves throughout the Black Temple and Outland

>He sends the Ashtonque to mardun specifically to die and they're used as fodder.

>Akama fights to liberate all the Ashtongue

>But for some reason some of them are on Illidans side

Literally retarded. They throw Akama under the bus because Illidan Didin du nuffin.
>>
>>49184981
> All of illidan's demon hunter forces were accounted for in TBC.

You can't know that. Not to mention Illidan is pretty good at keeping secrets.

> Adding more is a retcon, considering the sheer volume of quests dealing with dismantling and killing off the demon hunters in the expansion

No its not. Its expanding the universe. You couldn't be 100% sure there were no Illidari left. Infact people assumed since then that there were Illidari hiding out on Outlands/Azeroth.

> So having a massive number of demon hunters secreted off of Outland, with no mention from the characters that worked for Illidan and would have been privy to that knowledge, even after they threw their lot in with the Alliance / Horde / Shattrath, is bullshit.

Why would Akama or your characters know anything? Illidan doesn't even tell Kael or Vashj of his plans, hell he doesn't even tell the player character, who he put in charge of the illidari, his plans.
Hes the betrayer cause doesn't tell people jack fucking shit.
>>
>>49185044
>>49185080
>Illidan-sama is super genius who can hide everything perfectly!
>>
>>49185122
He doesn't tell his most trusted allies anything, what makes you think he would tell Akama, who he expected to betray him, anything?
>>
>>49185136
it's awfully hard to run an organization of that size without giving keeping records or letting your highest ranked leaders know what they'll be doing.
>>
>>49185136
>Expects Akama to betray him.
>Sends Akama's people off on a Very Important Mission that they could sabotage.
Genius.
>>
>>49185136
>Akama, you who are leading your Ashtongue as a hidden resistance
>Led me some of your not-loyal Ashtongue.

Akama would have known exactly if he was having his Ashtongue used for something.

Because he was keeping tabs on his people to FREE THEM.
>>
>>49185165
>Hey KT and Vashj, heres my plan...
>SURPRISE KILL JAIDEN INSPECTION! Oh you guys planned that out, thanks for not having protection from mind reading! Kthxbai.

Seriously even in WC3 it was made apparent that Illidan can't tell them his plans, cause KJ or another demon could just read their minds and report it.
>>
>>49185264
You pointed out directly these Ashtongue were OC special Ashtongue who hate Akama and suck Illidong all the time because they like being slave-soldiers.

He was happy to blab to all his Demon Hunters about what they were doing though.
>>
>>49185304
He told them about being against the legion, but told them about actual battle plans within the hour of needing to leave. Like the cinematics makes it look like:
>Your leaving to Maradun for the Sargerite Keystone, now.

I'm guessing the reason he lets them know about the legion thing is because becoming a DH makes it so KJ and other demons can't read your mind. 'Cause if not then there is no reason he couldn't tell Akama his reason for wanting to hold onto the BT was to help use as a base of opperations for an offensive against the burning legion.
>>
>>49179808
>DH npc
>"I have give everything to fight the Legion, what have you given?"
>DK npc
>"We will see it through , to the bitter end"
Why DKs are such best boys?
>>
>>49185165
as they say, all of that was JUST AS PLANNED!
>>
>>49185412
the voice filter
makes them have that space marine feel.
>>
>>49185412
>Why DKs are such best boys?
They aren't.
>Suffer well.
They're still moody, just not as moody as DHs.

They're also stupid enough to go back to working directly for the Scourge. Supposedly to keep the Scourge in Northrend, but considering how it hasn't been much of an issue for six or so years, not much of a trade.

I do like that Mograne actually expresses some concern about the 'raise new DKs to be the Four Horsemen' plan, because it's a plan I'm pretty worried about, too.
>>
File: Illidan_HotS_Spectre.jpg (125KB, 745x816px) Image search: [Google]
Illidan_HotS_Spectre.jpg
125KB, 745x816px
>>49182727
>which used to be a sign of great potential for druidism.
Anyone else want abit of expantion on some of the Alt Universes in HotS? Like the Druid Illidan universe, Ashwolf Thrall, or this one.
Though I assume Spectre Illidan comes back after the Terrans discover how awesome Tauren Marines are in battle and invade Azeroth or some shit.
>>
>>49185548
Yes.
>>
What's the difference between a demon hunter, and a warden that hunts demons?
>>
>>49185619
Demon hunters absorb demonic energy / souls for power so they can fight demons better.

Wardens don't, because fel is bad shit. Don't touch the green, it doesn't end well.
>>
>>49185619
Warden doesn't huff demon soles.
>>
>>49185619
Lock them in isolation and see which starts yelling about how noble they are. That's your DH.
>>
>>49185670
And the one that goes on a frothing at the mouth rant about how the other is a monster that needs to be in chains is probably the warden.

Particularly if there are sexual undertones. Especially if both are women.
>>
>>49185638
>>49185643
>>49185670
So do wardens specifically hunt down demon hunters and lock them in isolation? Like the case of William and maiev?
>>
>>49185691
>William
Fucking autocorrect I meant illidan
>>
>>49185691
They lock up alot of shit, but Mai is really obsessed with Dan and his ilk in particular.
>>
File: SarahKerrigan_SC2-LotV_Head1.png (1019KB, 926x678px) Image search: [Google]
SarahKerrigan_SC2-LotV_Head1.png
1019KB, 926x678px
If Illidan becomes a Light-infused god, he will have officially stolen the 'Golden Boy' nickname from Thrall.

And killed the last vestige of love I may hold for Warcraft.
>>
>>49185703
No, wardens were just night elf super cops basically. I believe the order was created after the War of the Ancients, they made sure Illidan stayed locked up over 10,000 years, and might have expanded that to include other prisoners. Maiev is obsessed with keeping Illidan locked away.
>>
>>49185738
they killed diablo, put a stake in starcraft

you're next
>>
>>49185691
A Warden is an elven rogue/warrior/wizard combo that tracks down and imprisons persons and entities they consider as a threat to Azeroth, demons and demon-related accessories included.

Demon Hunters are elves that absorbed demons in order to become more powerful. Side effects of doing that include having a very pissed off demon whispering in your ear 24/7, susceptibility to corruption if you don't have exceptional willpower, and hanging around in the dumps that are the Black Temple and Legion worlds.
>>
>>49185548
No
>>
>>49185475
The pc raises them, I could see Bolvar secretly being evil all along and the pc having to mind wrestle him to take control of the horsemen.
>>
>>49185868
The PC raises them, after Bolvar tells the PC to do it.

I'm basically eyeing Bolvar constantly, wondering if/when he's going to flip his shit and have to be dethroned.
>>
>>49185868
>Bolvar secretly being evil all along and the pc having to mind wrestle him
Doesn't this already happen in Legion?
>>
>>49185548
Its fancy skins with bullshit fluff stacked on to them to make blizzdrones give papa blizzard money.

You just know illydan fanbois brought the shando illidan skin.

>>49185475
Well the Bolvar tells the horsemen that he is going to drown the world in scourge if the living cannot defeat the legion.

>>49185412
DH: edgy teens who talk about sacrifice while gaining a lot of power and becoming edgy.

DK: Just tired of this shit and willing to come back from the dead because their people need them.

Basically DKs are dreadnoughts.
>>
>>49185923
No, Frost DKs have to wrestle fragments of Arthas and Ner'zhul inside Frostmourne, not inside Bolvar's head.
>>
>>49185968
>You just know illydan fanbois brought the shando illidan skin.
I was mostly interested in the skin because the treeish warglaives look neat. Not worth $10 neat, though.

Sgt. Doomhammer and Earthwarder Thrall, though, I might buy.
>>
>>49181048
Real problem was that the people who played them got too good, and they turned into e-sports. As a result, noobs lost interest because they would be totally outclassed by people who've played them professionally for years. I've always loved RTS's but I don't have the reflexes to play them competitively and the one player campaigns rarely last long enough.
>>
File: maximum power.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maximum power.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>Battle for Argus expansion happens
>we have class ships in space
>we have to fight Planets-sized Sargeras in space on our ships
>when he loses enough hp he goes galaxy-size
Post yfw your RL shouts "UNITE"
>>
>>49185986
>fragments of Arthas
Those things are fucking everywhere. Did he butt heads with a psychic after he got off his frozen toilet?
>>
File: 1459728773426-v.png (33KB, 255x216px) Image search: [Google]
1459728773426-v.png
33KB, 255x216px
>>49186144
>its the last wow expansion
>until the complete death of wow, blizzard just release new patched in the form of planets that have the burning legion left in them
>pc ascend to godhood
>>
>>49186011
how is the game like?
I am quite curious.
>>
>>49186154
I think the fragments around the Broken Isle are just supposed to the bit in the swords chiming in. It's not like Arthas ever visited the Broken Isles, after all.

Kind of wish Ner'zhul had some fragments you could run into, though.

>>49186244
I find it pretty fun. Decent balance, great dialog / banter, interesting map mechanics. But I only play casually.
>>
>>49186244
kinda fun, but it's basically league with no items, chooseable skills, and less voice acting.
>>
>>49184851
>Considering Kael ran off and joined the Legion and we systematically butchered our way through all of Illidan's forces, there's no a lot of places to hide them.
In the DH starter quests, Illidan sends his demonhunters to retrieve the Legion relic just before the BT raid starts, so the DH army was busy fighting demons on Mardum while you and your 24 buddies slaughtered the defenders of Black Temple and killed Illidan. Then they popped back through the portal after you'd already left, and got captured by Maiev, who had remained behind to mope about losing he rpurpose in life now that she'd finally caught Illidan.
>>
>>49182513

This.
>>
>>49186288
>>49186295
ok, thanks for the info guys, any particular bits of banter that you like?

I have been spoiled by company of heroes 2, I will admit.

>>49186350
how convenient that illidan had an army of demonhunters on a planet that was dealing with demon problems but that disappeared just as the players entered outland.
>>
File: aoaMKCa.jpg (232KB, 940x1500px) Image search: [Google]
aoaMKCa.jpg
232KB, 940x1500px
>>49186144
>>
>>49186466
>5 years
How did no one draw that yet
>>
How many shards and fragments can you put a soul in Wow into before it's no longer useable?
>>
>>49186619

Considering Gorefiend I'd say it's an extraordinarily high number but bad shit happens when you hit that number.
>>
>>49186244

all you need to know is that Chromie is the best girl
>>
>>49186373
can't remember now, but they are some really fun ones.
But regardless anything involving Alarak.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bED70FNa0Jg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMKy_555OPA
>>
>>49186619
depends on how strong the soul is.
>>
>>49176891
Next expansion will be nagas or some shit.
>>
>>49176891
Is new Gul'Dan kill?

Any news from blizzard about WC4/WC3 remake?
>>
>>49184851
>kael turned evil
Dont remind me.
>>
>>49185670
They both seem to have a tendency for that. The DH boss in Vault of Wardens is engaged in a pissing match with a wardern over who'se more noble and self-sacrificing before the players strom in and start the fight.
>>
>>49182074
>Their entire purpose was to attack Icecrown.

In LK, sure. Originally, it was to piss off Turalyon. Balnazzar was sent to Azeroth to pervert and destroy the Knights of the Silver Hand as Kil'jaeden's trolltastic revenge for how much Turalyon has been annoying the Legion since the end of WC2.
>>
>>49182250
Lordaeron was the FIRST nation to fall to the Scourge, not like they could do much to help Stromgarde there.

And Stromgarde ragequit the Alliance along with Gilneas and Quel'thalas between WC2 and WC3, anyway.

No question Lordaeron were dicks to Stormwind though, but everybody was a dick to Stormwind.
>>
>>49185304
>You pointed out directly these Ashtongue were OC special Ashtongue who hate Akama and suck Illidong all the time because they like being slave-soldiers.

Going by Illidan novel, Illidan had already told Akama and the Blood Elf council that he plans to retake Argus at this point.
Presumably Akama let this slip to his people, some of the Ashtongue believe that retaking their homeworld after 13-25k years is worth betraying Akama.
>>
>>49188026
>Stormwind shall rise again!
>Go home, Wrynn.
>>
>All this DK vs DH arguing

girls please you're both pretty. At least you can both admit you're more lore important than rogues.
>>
>>49188972
>implying Rogues have no importance

Garona Halforcen, Edwin VanCleef, and Vanessa VanCleef have words for you.
>>
>>49186979
New Gul'dan is not kill yet but he's the end boss of the nighthold raid so he prolly won't be among the living for long.

>>49188993
>Implying any of those are as important as Illidindu and Arthas

Garona maybe but Edwin was a meme boss and Vanessa was a bigger meme that was only noticed because she was 17 and had a banging ass.
>>
>>49186288
And here I thought it was the death knights own doubts, questions and uncertainties manifesting themselves in the visage of the lich king, which would explain the third person speech.

And the fact that ner'zhul is still kicking around while arthas' soul got split and cast inti varying degrees of hell.
>>
>>49188993
>Vanessa VanCleef
>"Nothing personal" and teleports behind me.
>I turn and stab her.
>"Show me the legendary fighter I've heard so much about!"
>I shoot her in the face.
Have to say, she's annoying as fuck, but kicking her ass amused me. And she's actually smart enough to surrender and join the crew once she sees she's clearly out matched.

Still hate her. But less than I expected.
>>
>>49189021
>the man who rebuilt Stormwind, is responsible for the death of Varian's wife, and died with the dream of getting paid for his work still in his heart
>a meme

>the woman who directly caused the downfall of Stormwind in the First War, the only reason the Alliance of Lordaeron was formed and the only reason Ner'Zhul was able to screw up so hard he became the Lich King in the first place
>"maybe" as important as Arthas
>>
File: 1465971432015.jpg (72KB, 599x532px) Image search: [Google]
1465971432015.jpg
72KB, 599x532px
>>49189107
>Tell don't show: The character

>Background character until WoD: The character

>As important as characters who got expansions focused around them, one of them getting a 2nd expansion based around them.
>>
>>49189021
>Vanessa was a bigger meme that was only noticed because she was 17 and had a banging ass
Yes, i'm sure her crew is well aware of how much banging that ass was getting
>>
>>49189099
I wonder if she has special dialog if you use that anniversary disguise kit to turn into her dad?
>>
>>49189154
Morale certainly seemed high.
>>
>>49189139
>Subtle characters are not Important.

Without Blackhand, there would have been no Warcraft. Period.
>>
>>49189231
Don't you mean without Gul'Dan?
>>
>>49189021
>New Gul'dan is not kill yet but he's the end boss of the nighthold raid
So, when is new stuff coming in wow?
Haven't seen anything happening after the whole Ysera/Elune and Genn/Windrunner happenings
>>
>>49188993
>Garona Halforcen, Edwin VanCleef, and Vanessa VanCleef
>mary sue orcdraenei, low level dungeon bosses
>>
>>49189459
New karazhan instance and a raid where you deal with Vrykul shit but also see Illidans past explored a bit more. So prolly by years end? I dunno.
>>
>>49189526
So the thread will likely go into slumber in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>49189526
brace for retcons
>>
>>49189579
ARTHAS LIVES
>>
>>49189607
I live in hope.

Odyn revealing his new champion he found in hell when.
>>
>>49189607
>Arthas will never get his shit together, get rezzed by the Ebon Blade, and become the rightful king of Lordaeron and the new leader of the Forsaken after Sylvanas goes nuts and becomes a raid boss
>>
>>49186025
That's why we need to put strategy back to RTS, instead of just who click the fastest and hard counter units.
>>
>>49189913
I would be interested by what you would like to see in order to put back strategy. Because scooting, predicting the enemy's build orders and knowing when you can expand are also part of the game.
>>
>>49189607
One can hope.

>>49190049
lelic did a good job with DoW and later COH1 and 2.
>>
>>49183306
>Shaman
>That one guy that manages to get along with everyone, is a surpisingly good student, but no one really remembers him.
This guy gets it. When you can negotiate with the elements and spirits, you can negotiate with anything.
>>
>>49184851
>Akama
>being at all helpful ever
REEEEEEE FUCK YOU ILLIDAN IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT KARABOR IS SHIT SAVE ME ADVENTURERS
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_120315_184243.jpg (296KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_120315_184243.jpg
296KB, 1920x1080px
>>49188993
The Uncrowned is set up to be the most potent intelligence network on Azeroth and a cabal of some of the most dangerous individuals on the planet. Alliance and Horde intelligence would throw a shitfit over the Uncrowned.
>>
>>49186807
>quit playing HotS because I don't like the way the balancing has gone and the technical issues keep getting worse
>the next two heroes they add are Gul'dan and Alarak
god damn it Dustin
>>
>>49191035
>The Hood
>>
File: 1458228657651.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1458228657651.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>49191280
>It's actually Kargath because reasons
>>
>>49191351

>Kargath has no hands and no eyes now.
>>
File: uther__the_lightbringer.jpg (149KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
uther__the_lightbringer.jpg
149KB, 1280x800px
>>49189776
>implying Odyn's champion won't be a man of purity within the Light
>>
>>49186373
>any particular bits of banter that you like?
I like playing as Zagara(a zerg queen) alongside Anub'arak.
When the match starts you hear Anub say "...Niiice legssss" to which Zag response "Ugh. Creep."
>>
>>49192133
Implying the windchimes will give up any of their bitch bois
>>
>>49192133
no, because uther was an indecisive faggot.
>>
>>49192248
>choosing your ideals and morals over desperation
>indecisive
>>
>>49192486
>ideals and morals
>when it will result in the damnation of innocents.
>>
>>49192641
That is true. The point is that Uther was not an indecisive or wishy-washy man. He may have made the incorrect choice, but it was a decision he made immediately.
>>
>>49192133
Why would Odyn want someone who choose ideology over what was necessary? Considering what he did to his daughter I'm sure he'd be all for purging a city if it was necessary.
>>
new thread
>>49192770
>>49192770
>>49192770
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.