[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL - Not Your Mom's Format Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 62

File: mtg legacy.png (707KB, 1121x313px) Image search: [Google]
mtg legacy.png
707KB, 1121x313px
You think you know Legacy? Think again.

>Playing?
>Extra deck?
>Silver bullets for the local meta?
>Which do you think is stronger and why: Eldrazi or Miracles?

RESOURCES
>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/
>>
File: formats2.jpg (78KB, 313x1320px) Image search: [Google]
formats2.jpg
78KB, 313x1320px
Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>MUD
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Dragon Stompy
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Blood Moon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils
>Cheerios
>Sea Stompy
>Nourshing Lich
>Spanish Inquisition
>>
>>49142470
>Playing
Sneak Show
>Extra deck
Considering building MUD or Eldrazi or the mashup of Eldrazi and D&T Ive been seeing pop up a bit.
>Silver bullets
I don't participate in my local meta enough to get cute with my sideboard yet.
>Eldrazi or Miracles
Eldrazi because fuck Miracles. Also Chalice and Cavern of Souls are pretty good against it.
>>
playing loam pox

no money for an extra deck, although I could convert into lands with not too much trouble I guess

hows a single necroplasm to entomb for as a spicy silver bullet? I like it against pyromancer/mentor/empty/other things that go too wide for me
>>
>>49143062
>Playing
>>Sneak 'n' Show
I really need to build this deck
>>
>>49143566
It was the first and only Legacy deck I wanted to build, at least until DTT was banned and the deck was no longer mono-blue drawstuff.

Sneak Attack just doesn't do it for me.
>>
>>49143642
I love me some Sneak Attack though. I don't even care about the extra turn trigger on Emrakul, I just want to blow up 6 permanents on a swing and then draw 7 cards off G-Daddy. It's Johnnytown mixed with Spike City and I love it
>>
>>49143672
I used to think I was a Spike for the longest time, but then I picked up Narset EDH and I've been a Johnny ever since. Combo City is the only place I want to live.
>>
>>49143566
I like it. Though the main reason Im playing it is that I came back to Magic and just happened to own alot of the money cards for it from my old collection. Not having to aquire Volcanic/Sneak/Show/couple FoW was incentive plus its a good deck.

>>49143788
Im changing one of my EDH decks to include a Doomsday package. I enjoy Combo City also.
>>
File: Wr_Parfait.jpg (4MB, 5128x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Wr_Parfait.jpg
4MB, 5128x2988px
>>49142481
>tfw your deck is Ghost Rare
>>
>>49143967
>parfait
Not anymore it's not. I'll put this under... Mythic Legacy?
>>
I have more money than sense and I would enjoy playing eternal formats. Trouble is, I live in the middle of fucking nowhere Minnesota and would never find anyone who wants to play Magic.

So down to my probably stupid question: How much would a solid eternal deck cost on Magic Online?
>>
>>49144076
You can build Vintage MUD (a $15,000 deck) for 700 tix on MTGO. Legacy decks can be far cheaper online, though really dumb shit costs obscene amounts of tix. Like, you can buy a Polluted Delta for like 5 tix, but there are lesser used staples that cost 50 or more.
>>
>>49144128
>mfw I play a deck with four lilianas and four ports

how has liliana cost so much online for like her entire existence, IIRC she was a 90 dollar card online when she was like 30 in paper
>>
>>49144028
That sounds about right.

Having tested both SI and Parfait on Xmage I can tell you I won a lot more matches with Parfait.
>>
>>49144144
Because shes amazing and played in multiples in multiple formats, printed 5 years ago. The jew is strong in this one.

Also spending money on anything but pauper online is terrible as long as Wizards continues to barely support its circa 1998 client.
>>
>>49144128
>700 tix
I honestly don't know how much tix are worth. It's a weird system to me, for someone who's been in paper for so long. I welcome it, I just have no idea what I'm actually going towards
>>
>>49144176
one dollar=one ticket
>>
>>49144172
I'm talking about from the beginning, she cost twice as much online as she did in paper for a long time
>>
>>49142470
Miracles is waaaayyyy better than eldrazi. Honestly a good miracles pilot will go 45-55 against eldrazi. It far from unwinnable as some people preach. Eldrazi is fine, I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon but I also don't think it's going to be some super big boogeyman forever. Miracles is probably better overall and has better matchups across the board in all honesty
>>
>>49142470
>Playing?
Manaless Dredge
>Extra deck?
Not an extra legacy deck, I'm too poor. My next deck if any will be LED Dredge
None, unless you count a 1of Progenitus for the SnT matchup
Miracles. I have a worse matchup with Eldrazi, but Miracles is better.
>>
Made a link for organizing the time of a potential tourney.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J73oDOSYGHwLdQObJ6vqV5e4CYC-H4QVebrm_TZW2Qc/edit?usp=sharing
The idea is for everyone to put times where they would be OK with an 8-man STARTING at that time. For instance, I'm actually free from (approx) 8-AM to 11-AM on MON/WED but the tournament couldn't start at 10 (it might be able to start at 9 but it could be a strain) or I'd have to leave by the end of it, so the only time I put down was 8 as that was the only time it could start.
To indicate that you're free a certain time just add a comma and some mark specific to you. Once 8 people intersect on a time we can set a tourney to start then.
REMEMBER TO ADJUST FOR TIME ZONES. The organizer is on central time.
Put times whenever you're free, if someone is left out then that person won't go, no big deal.
>>
File: AnimeSad.jpg (70KB, 470x556px) Image search: [Google]
AnimeSad.jpg
70KB, 470x556px
>Want good Lilianas
>£100 per
>Want MPR Wastes
>£150 per

I can't really justify this.
>>
>>49145287
I know that feel man. I usually wait till I head to a convention or a bigger games store and just trade for cards there.
>>
File: animeshock.jpg (126KB, 693x642px) Image search: [Google]
animeshock.jpg
126KB, 693x642px
>>49145403
The thing is, i've bought a Moat and a Tabernacle and playsets of all the Revised Duals in the past, so really this shouldn't be too bad.

But 600 quid for foil wastes (when i've got Tempest ones already) just scares me.
>>
>>49145481
Yeah, I don't think I could do that until after I win a lottery or 2
>>
>Playing
Currently looking into a white Stax deck. Not sure if I prefer white over black. Old Thalia is strong. New Thalia not so much. Feels like a washed out mix of Stax and D&T, and I think a straight up D&T deck would be strictly better than White Stax.
I've been playing against Pox decks, and I feel like Pox is Stax's cousin. I consider testing Pox to see if I prefer it over black Stax. I'll miss Braids...

>>49144076
>Paying for digital cardboard
>2016
You can play magic online for free on Xmage and Cockatrice. Cockatrice is freestyle magic whereas Xmage has a forced rules enforcement, including passing priority. Opinions differ.

An argument for Xmage: I've often played cards that I didn't understand perfectly, and the client corrected me. Yesterday an opponent played a morph creature while I had chalice on 0. Chalice countered the morph, to the surprise of both. I've found that if you want to take a deck to Competitive Rules Enforcement Level (f.ex. Grand Prix), having experience piloting the deck on Xmage or Magic Online helps tremendously.

>>49143967
>tfw 3 threads and Stax is still ignored

>49140913
Not so fast, I read the thread after it had closed, ha ha ha!
>>
>>49142481
>Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Nourshing Lich

ayyy
>>
Speaking of mythic rare decks - check out the goblin prison deck at the bottom of the article...
http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/legacychamp15/expecting-unexpected-2015-08-22
>>
can someone explain to me why flash and goblin recruiter are banned?
>>
>>49145937
Goblin recruiter is probably too good for the gobo decks. It might make them tier 2 or even 1 and wizards doesn't want it for some reason. The card is insane, there's no denying that but it might be busted in an actual goblins list. I've never played goblins, only against it, and I sure as hell don't want to see a recruiter. And as for flash... I think that should be self explanatory
>>
File: Pox.png (66KB, 1086x546px) Image search: [Google]
Pox.png
66KB, 1086x546px
>>49143529
Post your list? I just put together this Pox list and gave it a run against some DDFT guy on Xmage, and it wasn't impressive..
>>
>>49142481

Can we add Kavu Cure in there?
>>
>>49145937

>can someone explain to me why flash and goblin recruiter are banned?

Go read the card Protean Hulk.
>>
>>49145937
It's pretty easy to win T1 with Flash and Protean Hulk, depending on the build T0 wins were even possible.

Recruiter is a beast, but I think it's mostly banned because it fixes your draws a bit too much and negates the randomness that's deemed a big aspect of the game. All the good tutors are pretty much banned in Legacy. If it specified a fixed number instead of any number, I think it would've been fine for Wizards.
>>
>>49146223
One of the locals where I live tested Recruiter for a while (the people at the weekly proxy events let him test it) and it was still worse than RW Taxes with Imperial Recruiter
>>
>>49146223
thanks for the answer. i thought flash would use emrakul or something, but comboing with hulk makes sense
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I went to my first legacy game last night and ended up going 3 - 1, it was epic. I had more fun playing magic that night than I have had in years.
>>
>>49148002

You should add a Sire of Insanity. It's my favorite.
>>
>>49143529

What's your list look like? I posted mine in the last thread, and it seems a little different to most. I'd love to compare notes.
>>
>>49148002
no collective brutality?

I was thinking of building either Jeskai Delver something like http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=13393&d=278547&f=LE

I like the Wear / Tear and already have half the deck

or I was thinking of making reanimator with small pox and collective brutality

any thoughts?
>>
>>49148002
We almost had enough people for Legacy to fire last night, but we ended up being one person short. Oh well, that's why I have my Modern decks.
>>
>>49147864
>One of the locals where I live tested Recruiter for a while (the people at the weekly proxy events let him test it) and it was still worse than RW Taxes with Imperial Recruiter
I've been playing around with recruiter for a while and I'm having a bit more success with it (still doesn't seem broken).
I've found (and I know that this will sound ridiculous at first) that you should cut all of your goblin lackeys. Something else I've found out is that you don't actually need foodchain to combo off really (although it makes you like a half of a turn faster) so you don't actually need any green splash. You can just chain Mogg war marshals and ringleaders with skirk prospector and goblin warchiefs until you cast krenko and any number of sharpshooters/seige gangs.
You only need 3 mana post ringleader to get a kill (through direct damage), and that's including any vials and any other goblins (fodder for the prospector).
Do you have the guy's list?
>>
>>49148441
>>49148029
I think I'm just going to keep my deck as-is for now.
>>
>>49148812
I can probably find it. There's a Facebook group called Legacy Goblins, he posted in there.
>>
>>49148812
Here's his Recruiter list, he doesnt think the Food Chain is good enough, but would consider putting them in the board to race combo decks

http://www.mtgvault.com/steve2112rush/decks/recruiter-gobs/
>>
>>49145775
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/legacychamp15/expecting-unexpected-2015-08-22

>Goblin Prison

S P I C Y
P
I
C
Y
>>
>>49145775
that's just the goblin version of dragon stompy, one of its most common variants. not a deck you see much, but it's not mythic rare tier.
>>
Vendilion Clique and Karakas are pretty sweet together, especially against combo. Also, Meddling Mage is a wonderful card. It's an answer and a threat, and it can be pitched to Force of Will.
>>
>>49150156
I think Blood Moon Stompy under Rare decks sort of covers your Dragon/Goblin/Werewolf Stompy Variants. What creature they attack with usually isn't that important. Although Goblin (Moggcatcher) Stompy operates a little differently from the other decks because of Moggcatcher.
>>49146085
DDFT is a hard matchup for Pox. Chains is your only really devastating card against them since DDFT fights discard better than any other combo deck.
>>
File: Therapy_Recruiter.png (34KB, 349x763px) Image search: [Google]
Therapy_Recruiter.png
34KB, 349x763px
>>49149370
>http://www.mtgvault.com/steve2112rush/decks/recruiter-gobs/
Thanks.
Hard to imagine that deck ever beating a competent ANT player, but maybe my version is set up against combo too much.
Pic related is what I'm testing now. Trying a version with cabal therapies. It feels downright uncanny playing them without probes after playing storm/zombardment for so long.
After trying his version for a bit I don't really like it, feels too dependent on getting a critical mass rather than either 'going off' or grinding through.
>>
>>49142481
Why D-day for Modern?
>>
Just lost round 2 of my League with Nourishing Lich against ANT. Punted g1 when I misclicked and put a Lich on top of my library with a Brainstorm, giving my opponent the extra turn they needed to kill me. I won game 2 by flusterstorming their Past in Flames after they cracked an LED, and then Relic'd their whole graveyard and they scooped with no cards in hand and a basic swamp. Game 3 they outraced me and hit a storm of 20 to beat me even though I Nourished up to 35 life.
>>
>>49150982
Doesn't sound too bad, shame about G1
>>
>>49150982
What did your sideboard look like btw?
>>
File: image:109244.jpg (25KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:109244.jpg
25KB, 312x445px
>playing
Burn
>Extra deck
A guy can dream i guess in the future i might get Lands
>Silver Bullets?
Sudden Shock in SB to help with the bad Infect Matchup
>Miracles or Eldrazi?
Miracles but that might be just because i have such a good Eldrazi matchup. Ancient Tombs and PoP help me.
>>
File: image:99182.jpg (992KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image:99182.jpg
992KB, 2560x1440px
Also who here has any /pimp/ cards?
Post your absolute favorite or most expensive cards
For my Legacy burn deck i have a foil Arid Mesa and three foil Zendikar Goblin Guides soon to be the full playset and I recently picked up two foil Scourge Sulfuric Vortexes
>>
>>49152591
>Also who here has any /pimp/ cards?

English Tabernacle/Moat
Playsets of the Duals
all-foil Pauper Burn deck if that counts.
>>
>>49142470

>Playing?
blazing wish
>Extra deck?
the last few cards I needed for turbo depths came in the mail today. In excited to start taking it to events.
I don't really have a local meta. sometimes people show up, but it's hard to predict. a slightly spicy thing I can do is transmute middle the mixture for null rod.
I think miracles is stronger because I think it has more people who are adept at piloting it, both because tag been around longer and because it has a higher skill cap. it's more versatile.
>>
>>49150734
I don't know, it's not a meme I made myself.

I like it though. It's imitates the feeling I get when I play Modern, Legacy, etc.

>>49152591
I think Scalding Tarn is the most I've ever spent on one single card, and even then I got it via trading.

Had me a foil Baleful Strix once too, but I sold that. I've yet to own a single dual land.
>>
File: 20141031_184032.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20141031_184032.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>49152591
I have a few. This pic is old but that doesn't excuse the ultrapro.
>>
>>49152591
Not near my deck but I got an expedition flooded strand and damn man I can't wait to get me some more
>>
File: image:99184.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
image:99184.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>49152640
Dang thats impressive. I was always shocked about just how expensive Moat was. The duals are also impressive even though the two other Legacy decks id want to play require either no duals or very few.
Eventually i hope to replace my Khans fetches with foil Onslaught Wooded Foothills and foil Scalding Tarns
>>
File: 20150305_183130.jpg (3MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20150305_183130.jpg
3MB, 3264x1836px
>>49152591
The capcha demanded I select all the pies. One of those was a pile of pancakes. I wonder about the capcha sometimes.
>>
>>49152685
Oh wait, I did get an Expedition Mana Confluence. The shop near me has an Expedition Strip Mine I really want but the sucker is almost $75.
>>
File: image:109235.jpg (29KB, 312x445px)
image:109235.jpg
29KB, 312x445px
>>49152692
Nice tabernacle. Also i like the original foil Batterskull so much more then the GP promo that looks extremely ugly and phallic.
>>49152747
Judge sword? I really wish they never moved away from that artifact border. Brown just seems to suit them better.
>>
File: BargainFoil 001 (Large).jpg (702KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
BargainFoil 001 (Large).jpg
702KB, 2304x1728px
>>49152746
>The duals are also impressive even though the two other Legacy decks id want to play require either no duals or very few.

i just like the idea of being able to play virtually any deck at a moment's notice.

being a collector is hard.
>>
>>49152742
Oh I guess I should also mention I have 542 Firedrinker satyrs, no I'm not kidding. 500 of them are currently shipping and I can't wait I'm so excited for them
>>
>>49152802
I totally agree. The original boarder made them feel old and mysterious. Like I had to go questing to dig it up or something.

I've already posted this once before. I'm particularly pleased with Duress and Tendrils. Beautiful foiling.
>>
>>49152896
>500
Are you orchestrating a buyout? Should I get now while the getting's cheap??
>>
>>49152591
I haven't got anything particularly expensive, but here are my favorite EDH foils. I picked up the foil greater Good at a flea market for ~$8 where it was sleeved and in a top loader so it wasn't really clear it was foil unless you knew that 9th foils have black borders.
>>
File: 20160903_165157.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160903_165157.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>49152952
god damn
>>
>>49152817
Dang for the longest time I thought that the entire Urza's block didnt have foils s o i have two regular Yawgs bargains. I might just pick up a foil one. Probably will never play Vintage though
>>
File: PauperBurnAllFoil 001.jpg (763KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
PauperBurnAllFoil 001.jpg
763KB, 2304x1728px
>>49152973
Foiling started during Urza's Legacy, but the Promo card for Urza's Saga was foil.
>>
>>49152914
The old border was so much better. The foils especially just have such a nice look to them. Modern border wasnt bad. New border is soulless cancer and I try avoid using it at all costs. Thats why i must replace the Khans fetches in Burn with Foil Onslaught Foothills and Scalding Tarns.
>>
File: image:113394.jpg (71KB, 618x849px) Image search: [Google]
image:113394.jpg
71KB, 618x849px
>>49153018
Yeah i realized that too late unfortunately
How are those FNM Fireblasts? I have the Visions ones.
I also am kinda picky about the edition ofcards i use like i refuse to use any MMA cards just because the print run especially the foils are so bad looking and i had the Fire and Lightning Chain Lightnings but they were too curled to actually take to a tournament so i sold them and got EMA ones once they dropped. One of the very few cards ill use a reprint edition for because i just dont like the Legends art.
>>
File: Foils 004 (Large).jpg (723KB, 2304x1728px)
Foils 004 (Large).jpg
723KB, 2304x1728px
>>49153127
>How are those FNM Fireblasts? I have the Visions ones.

I like them.

I'd have loved to get Judge Lightning Bolts instead of the Duel Deck version, but it was 150 quid per versus 15 quid per.
>>
>>49153195
>those Judge Sinkholes
Jesus man my collection just cant compare. You basically have the ability to play any Legacy deck and a pimped version at that. I do have Modern Scapeshift and its somewhat pimped with Arena Serum Visions and FNM Remands. No pictures with me atm.
>>
File: Butteredscone.png (1MB, 787x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Butteredscone.png
1MB, 787x1087px
>>49152802
>>49152747
Ah, if only...
>>
File: Foils 002 (Large).jpg (684KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Foils 002 (Large).jpg
684KB, 2304x1728px
>>49153269
I've been playing since 2000, and generally have more money than sense when it comes to MTG.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>49152591
I don't have any foils or anything,
but these are my pride and joy, mostly because they took so goddamn long to do.
>>
>>49153351
>not enough sense to get a nice binder for displaying playsets

Story checks out.
>>
>>49153448
I can accept white border when done like this. Well done.
>>
File: Sleight of Hand.full.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Sleight of Hand.full.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>49153448
>custom white-border Glistener Elf
Patrician taste, my dude. It's almost as beautiful as 9ED Sleight of Hand.
>>
>>49153351
Yeah. Ive only been playing competitively since a little before BfZ so about a year
Before that it was just occasional booster drafts and shitty decks you made out of the cards you'd get over time during high school but that was a long time ago.
>>
File: image.png (973KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
973KB, 640x1136px
>>49153504
>>49153498

thanks, anons. I find it acts as a salt multiplier for people who already don't like playing against infect. for a while I was playing with one that was half done because my arm got tired in the middle of it and I couldn't be arsed to finish the thing.
>>
File: Moat 001 (Large).jpg (638KB, 1728x2304px)
Moat 001 (Large).jpg
638KB, 1728x2304px
>>49153462
The binders never leave my house, and I don't trade anything.
>>
>>49153729
God moat is such a classic card. The art, the effect, the flavor text are all classic and the actual power of the card is really high.
>>
File: 20160903_172426.jpg (5MB, 3414x2117px) Image search: [Google]
20160903_172426.jpg
5MB, 3414x2117px
>>49153729
Shh, do you hear that? It's your dope-ass collection begging to be displayed with love and care...
>>
>>49154410
>playset of Tolarian Academy
Please consider donating to the "I Want That Card" Charity. Only you can slake a poorfag's hunger.
>>
>>49151901
The sideboard is kind of a mishmash. Similar to some other storm sideboards, with some random trash I had thrown in. Something like this:
4 abrupt decay
2 xantid swarm
2 flusterstorm
2 pithing needle
2 relic of progenitus
1 drown in sorrow
2 disfigure
>>
>>49154619
Well, how did the League go? Did you get top place or did Lich brick ultra hard?
>>
>>49154656
Haven't finished it yet. 1-1 so far.
>>
>>49154971

ganbatte, Lich-chan
>>
>>49155335
arigato, anon-kun
>>
>>49152949
Perhaps I am... thats for the market to find out. Let's just say if I came around a couple thousand dollars, it's not going toward my schooling
>>
>>49150603
At this point he basically has given up trying to fight the 3-4 storm decks in our meta, and just crosses his fingers he gets fair matchups.
Worked out pretty well last Sunday
>>
>>49156422
3-4 combo decks*
>>
File: 134056920256315.jpg (63KB, 640x488px)
134056920256315.jpg
63KB, 640x488px
I can't tell if anyone but me can read the text.

Eh, what the hell. Have a bump anyways.
>>
>>49157653
The text is illegible, but I know it's supposed to say [spoons rattling].
>>
>>49157694
I thought about making one for all the namefags because I have literally nothing else going on, but I feel like that would be a little too meta.

Maybe after another 5 or 10 threads.
>>
File: MTG_Formats.png (2MB, 484x2548px) Image search: [Google]
MTG_Formats.png
2MB, 484x2548px
>>49157905
I still think there are plenty of these types of things that could be made; have a new one.
>>
File: 1465355898556.jpg (2KB, 117x120px) Image search: [Google]
1465355898556.jpg
2KB, 117x120px
>>49158573
>modern
Fucking lost it
>>
>tfw TCG has 0 copies of the bulk uncommon from a highly drafted set you want in foil
so how're your nights going? Any spoiled cards you particularly like?
>>
>>49159915
I'm liking this new "crew" mechanic a bunch. The energy looks... interesting and I'm assuming that it's going to be great in limited and have 2-4 cards for constructed that are good. Fabricate is interesting but I'm quite worried about the cards being over costed. As for specific cards, I'm digging the Dwarf, the ornery, and the U/G elf
>>
>>49159915
Ghirapur Orrey might be ok in Shops, a Stax build at least
>>
>>49159915
I'm pretty pleased with the enemy colored fast lands finally making an appearance.
Also, my night ended on a high note. Hung around my lgs and helped sort tokens for an hour or so. Went through a box roughly the size of a microwave just crammed full of pack chaff. Shop owner gave me an my bro a pack of eternal masters as thanks and I peeled a foil brainstorm.
>>
File: WP_20160614_002.jpg (2MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160614_002.jpg
2MB, 2592x1456px
>>49152591
My Reanimator deck is around 70% japanese, more if you don't count the cards you can't find in Japanese, like the USeas (I count Force of Will among those because I dig the old art more than the new one).

I don't have a recent pic, but this shows off a couple of the ones I have.
>>
What's a fun deck that's cheap to build on MTGO?
looking at spending 100 tix at maximum, hopefully
>>
>>49162995
Not familiar with MTGO prices, but Nourishing Lich is fun* and cheap-ish**

*disputable
**probably
>>
>>49163050
I think because of the landbase it's like 200ish
>>
>>49163050
Oh, and that list is 56 cards.
>>
>>49163143
Wait no, I can't count.
It's 160 tix from Cardhoarder, BTW.
>>
>>49163219
>>49163143
>>49163122
I wish it was 56, it was hard enough getting it to 60. The Duals aren't that essential desu, you can replace them with shocks, and the one of Verdant Catacombs can be replaced with a cheaper Bloodstained Mire.
>>
File: Capture.png (53KB, 835x795px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53KB, 835x795px
>>49163234
The duals barely make an impact.
>>
>>49162995
Depending on what you think is fun, mono black pox is cheap if you cut liliana of the veil. A playet of chains of mephistopheles is only 20 bones. Everything is cheap. But you may not find it fun, and it's not super competitive, but it's fine.
>>
>>49163286
This is my list on paper, but I'm having trouble justifying spending over $40 per Unmask, and not even on paper.
>>
>>49163286
>>49163478
Forgot list.

4 Stinkweed Imp
2 Shambling Shell
4 Golgari Thug
4 Golgari Grave-Troll
1 Flame-Kin Zealot
1 Flayer of the Hatebound
4 Balustrade Spy
4 Ichorid
4 Nether Shadow
4 Prized Amalgam
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Cabal Therapy
4 Dread Return
4 Bridge from Below
4 Street Wraith
4 Phantasmagorian
4 Narcomoeba

Sideboard
3 Contagion
3 Unmask
4 Faerie Macabre
4 Mindbreak Trap
1 Progenitus
>>
File: what to play in legacy.png (522KB, 1489x1542px) Image search: [Google]
what to play in legacy.png
522KB, 1489x1542px
>>49162995
obligatory

>>49152896
>"investing" in magic card
Of all these DISGUSTING, you had to choose ABSOLUTELY?
>>
>>49152591
I hope you like potato chips, cuz that is what foils become
>>
>>49153448
that eraser job is actually quite shitty, use better tape and remove all of the black... such a waste
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 352x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 352x395px
>>49164438
>using ellipses
why don't you go back to facebook, grandpa?
>>
>>49164315
I had few of the old foils. I don't know why, but air in my room is so dry that newer cards get all wonky and bend in a day to unplayable state, but those old ones hold up straight as an arrow. They got to me flat through mailing and after a year or so they got to new owner straight. And to be absolute sure; I'm talking about those with old border.
>>
>>49152802
I don't care about foils but I'll spend extra to get a staple if it means I can get a Modern-border card in True MtG border format. Got my Crucible of Worlds like that. Missed a chance to get a Noble Hierarch for cheap but I think it might have been scuzzy condition.
>>
>>49164533
>using ellipses
I don't understand the problem, is it just like 4chan not allowing emoticons or people actually think that there's something wrong with it?
>>
>>49164890
He's part of the cabal that screams and shouts at anything they don't like in order to make all of 4chan hate it because "FAGGOTS NIGGERS GOATSE AM I 4CHAN YET?" mentality.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-04-10-44-12.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-04-10-44-12.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
>>49143529
>>49146085
>>49148038
Here's my Pox list.
Tfw I'm not willing to buy Verdant Catacombs unless they're foil.
>>
Proxy league update:
One of our players just bought the duals he needed for his deck, and a few more sold their modern decks for legacy staples. The league has also grown at my store in the past week.

I feel like a proud dad.
>>
>>49165020
If Marit Lage is your win condition, wouldn't it be better to just run a turbodepths deck?
>>
>>49165461
Looks like wincon is Mishra's Factory beats, as two one-ofs I'd say Marit Lage is an alt-wincon?
>>
>>49165461
>>49165518
I have Mishra's Factory and Nether Spirit as alternate win conditions
>>
Well' I've tried making a Stax deck, been pretty fun to pilot so far and no one ever really expects 'geddon in legacy. What do I need to change? I think my sb is really weak but I'm not sure what I need from it.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/w-stax-legacy/
>>
File: white stax.png (80KB, 1053x605px) Image search: [Google]
white stax.png
80KB, 1053x605px
>>49165770
Not an expert on Stax, but I've been practicing Stax deck the last few weeks.
Trading Post is an AMAZING card and should be mainboard. Every game with Trading Post out, I tend to use 3 if not 4 of the options. Tangle Wire looks good. How has Winter Orb been working for you?
I've been playing black stax (link below) and white stax (pic)
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/budget-stax-2/
>>
>>49165415
I'm so happy for you, anon. I hope your league grows to be big and strong!
>>
>>49165954
The Orbs are great against draw go style decks that wanna eot things. Of course Orb+Tangle Wire is a classic lockout as well. What would you suggest I cut for Trading Post?
>>
File: rip eldrazi.png (304KB, 320x460px)
rip eldrazi.png
304KB, 320x460px
Because of my little knoweldge of formats outside limited/edh.

Will this have any effect on older formats?
>>
>>49166285
Thanks anon, it's so nice to have people to play the format with. My Canadian Threshold deck was getting dusty from not being played.
>>
>>49166466
Jesus fuck that's powerful. Def. a great sideboard card if your deck hates Chalice.
>>
>>49166466
About fucking time.
>>
>>49166538
But if they slam chalice at 1 on the play, which is the default chalice number, it's still garbage. It seems like a card meant to hose the eldrazi deck that doesn't solve the problem of chalice at 1 on the play.
>>
>>49166466
>not costing 1 blue phyrexian mana
>>
>>49166929
Chalice on 1 requires only 2 mana. Chalice on 1 is a common turn 1 play in the decks that play chalice, because they are designed to do just that. I doubt this card will see much play in legacy, maybe a's a 1-of in some sideboards. If the modern meta swings such that tron and blue decks are good at the same time, it might see some play there.
>>
>>49166466
I like it, it takes a dump on MUD but as other anons said on the draw it won't beat a T1 chalice. Definitely a great sideboard card though.
>>
>>49166466
Good card, but as any situational card, will only see as much play.

>>49166469
Proxy tournaments are the way to make successful local play environment. There can only be so many players in legacy anyway due to limitated quantity of cards.
>>
>>49167122
I totally agree, that's why I started the league in the first place. This format is phenomenal and I'd hate to see it go away outside of MTGO.
>>
>>49167122
Proxy cards have no magical power and no ability to perform game actions. They do not convey a sense of power in a Foucaultian sense when held in hand, nor when played. They are unable to be utilized in games of Magic: The Gathering.
>>
>>49167435
That's why we use discursive tools do discern alternative frames of reference to challenge hegemonic regimes of truth and thwarth and undermine social order. Setting up proxy leagues is a form of activism, picking apart the dominant discours and constructing a new view of Magic: the Gathering contrary to the one that defines the boundaries of power right now.
>>
>>49167583
It is the case that games played with proxy magic cards are not games of Magic: the Gathering. They are a seperate game played with Magic: the Gathering cards.
>>
>>49152914
>2nd preordain over 4th duress
Interesting call. How does it work for you?
>>
>>49168344
6 discard spells is pretty common these days, with the 7th usually being dropped for a business spell, usually Grim Tutor or Dark Petition. More cantrips is usually a sign of a discard heavy meta.
>>
>the anti-proxy sperg is back

Don't you have more Moats to flip?
>>
Does anyone know which of the 5th Edition Swamps is the winter one?
>>
>>49166466
Yeah, this is a broken sideboard card
It fucks with more decks than you realize
It hits LEDs, it hits eldrazi, it hits any artifacts mainly chalice
it's great mang
>>
>>49168652
None of them? What are you talking about?
>>
>>49168782
http://magiccards.info/5e/en/430.html
Notice how there's a Mountain for each season?
>>
>>49168737
Its... extremely narrow. And generally no better than a Steel Sabotage, except against one deck which plays chalice and cavern.
>>
here's my list for enchantress, any ways i could improve it?

3x Wooded Foothills
4x Windswept Heath
4x Serra's Sanctum
5x Forest
1x Karakas
1x Plains
1x Dryad Arbor
1x Savannah

4x Argothian Enchantress
4x Enchantress's Presence
4x Green Sun's Zenith
4x Mirri's Guile
4x Sterling Grove
4x Utopia Sprawl
4x Wild Growth
4x Rest In Piece
2x Solitary Confinement
2x Elephant Grass
1x Exploration
1x Enlightened Tutor
1x Helm of Obedience
1x Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

Sideboard

4x Leyline of Sanctity
3x Trinishpere
2x Elephant Grass
1x City of Solitude
1x Humility
1x Runed Halo
1x Choke
1x Sigil of the Empty Throne
1x Banishing Light
>>
>>49168652
Looks like none of them. Revised Edition Swamp variation 1 and 4th Edition variation 3 look like they're covered in snow.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=2374
>>
>>49168942
It would be odd if it's none of them. All of the other basics in 5th had one that was clearly winter.
>>
>>49168843
Oh fuck, there's obviously winter lands, yeah. Wow, I play a lot with 5th edition lands (got a bunch of Japanese ones), but never *really* noticed, you know?

I'd guess it's the one that looks the odd one out (the brownish one, you know the one).
>>
>>49169003
>>49168987
It also bugs me I can't find much info on the seasonal art choice.
>>
>>49169003
The brown one does stand out the most, but I usually associate brown with autumn. Most of the other basics used brown in their autumn versions. I associate winter with white, and Swamp #445 has a hazy whiteness on the right side. I agree that not having a clear indicator for them is annoying.
>>
For those interested in finding specific lands with specific arts, I found this site a little while ago that has all the basic lands in picture form.

https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

It's a little old and hasn't been updated since the Jace versus Chandra Duel Decks, but since most of us are probably interested in older lands anyways, it's a good place to find the lands you want to buy.
>>
>>49169179
Maybe you could contact Andrew Robinson directly and ask?
>>
>>49168930
Is hardcasting Emrakul your one and only wni condition?
>>
>>49169380
Helm and rip
>>
Just had a really interesting match vs Painter as DDFT. Game 1 I punted because I forgot that I took ETW out of my sideboard. Game 2 and 3 I sideboarded out all of my maindeck Doomsdays and brought in Shelldock Isle and Emrakul (as well as Disfigure which is actually shit, forgot painter had 3 toughness). Game 2 I was able to wish for doomsday and combo them out, and game 3 they tried to combo on me, emrakul shuffled my library back in, and they scooped. Got em.
>>
>>49142470
There's 4 Miracles hanging around at my LGS now. I play Burn and Pox.
Sould I up my Burn land count to 22 and mainboard all 4 Exquisite Firecraft (would side-out 1 Price of Progress, 1 Grim Lavamancer, 2 Searing Blaze and 2 Sulfuric Vortex), or just play Rack Pox and concede the Eldrazi matchup?
>>
>>49172003
Pox seems like more fun. Wouldn't ensnaring bridge do some work in the eldrazi matchup?
>>
>>49172034
The problem with the eldrazi match is it denies me my wincons. I can't even play the racks with a chalice at 1 on the board and Bloodghast/Spirit/Skeleton isn't getting past 4/4s that come down turn 2.
They'll literally mull to 3 for a chalice at 1 and unless I draw my ratchet bomb soon, I'm fucked.
>>
>>49172003
Run 20 lands, 2 Sulfuric, 2 Lavamancer, and 4 of everything else.
>>
>>49172003
As a miracles player, exquisite firecraft is very scary
>>
>>49142470
For those who /vintage/ here: hail MUD máster race
>>
File: ayylmaoo.jpg (32KB, 318x308px)
ayylmaoo.jpg
32KB, 318x308px
>>49174054
>vintage fags so few and far between that they have to resort to invading other format's threads

do you collect threads too?
>>
>>49174054
MUD is the most frustrating deck to play against in Vintage. T1 Tangle Wire makes me want to fucking kill myself.
>>
>>49174054
I used to play vintage, but the local store that did proxy tournaments went oit of business.
>>
>>49174436
I wouldnt laugh because Legacy shares the same fate. Both formats are going in a coffin just one is going in slower then the other. The duals and other reserved cards necessary for many Legacy decks (Tabernacle, Moat, etc) are higher then theyve ever been and eventually people really are priced out. Like even with reprints of Gamble, Exploration, and now Dark Depths , Legacy Lands still remains absurdly pricy and even with the new card supply the issue remains that there are limited Tabernacles and Mox Diamonds so a limited amount of people can have Lands completed.
>>
>>49175749
People can buy them in Italian if they're that poor.
>>
>>49175864
Tabernacle is still $1000 at its cheapest on TCGPlayer. Legacy, and similarly Vintage, is going to die someday. Modern will last for another 10 or 15 years for certain, but Legacy prices will keep rising until the bubble bursts and no one else can play, which will be a sad day indeed.
>>
>>49175864
>not being able to spend $1000 on a card is poorfag
>>
>driving to work at pax
>talking about testing cards for other formats
>talk about every format except legacy
ouch
>>
>>49175968
The day Legacy dies is the day I stop playing anything but old booster drafts and cubes. Legacy and Vintage are the best formats and so much better then Modern in pretty much every way. The day they die is the day MtG dies for me. New sets arent even fun.
>>
>>49175968
I think modern will die before legacy does. The decisions they've made with it so far have made it an unstable format, and I think legacy will outlive it (even if not by much).

>>49172003
I play burn with 19 lands and 2 firecrafts mainboard and I still get flooded regularly. 22 lands is unnecessary.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 400x300px)
image.jpg
105KB, 400x300px
>>49175968
>>49176137
>>49176530
Guys, we're going extinct.
>>
File: 1455377419908.jpg (25KB, 442x298px)
1455377419908.jpg
25KB, 442x298px
>>49176677
All I want to do is play card games with cool people. I don't care if I get blown out by turn 1 RiP every game 2 for the rest of my natural life. It's not that Modern isn't fun; it's that Legacy is so much more fun that by comparison Modern feels stale.
>>
>>49176857
>>49176677
This is exactly why I've started the proxy league, even if I have fully completed decks I like playing the format so much I don't care if you're using printed paper. It's leading to a growth of the format at the shop and people are legit starting to buy into the format.

I seriously wish Wizards could off the reserve list, or print functional duals, something. I don't want to go extinct
>>
>>49169380
>>49169589
also throne in the sb
>>
So I've always liked formats that had named decks and one day I played against a dredge deck and the idea hooked me. I almost exclusively play EDH and I talked to a friend who said the magic words "you can't make a dredge EDH deck", so I did. I then started to look into Legacy dredge and changed up my deck a bit and it has only helped it become stronger. I started to look more and more into Legacy and changed a stax deck I had into D+T (my playgroup now makes it 5v1 if I put it on the table). I really enjoy taking these decks and making them into EDH decks >partially because I'm a poorfag
I was wondering what would be another fun Legacy deck I could turn into an EDH one (current project was Sneak 'n Show but that one started to climb in cost very quickly).

tl;dr I'm a poorfag who likes changing Legacy decks into EDH ones, any suggestions?
>>
>>49177643
I have seen EDH reanimator.
>>
>>49177723
My dredge is a bit reanimator combo to win (aggro with zombies from Sidisi until I can Jarad + dread return a Lord of Extinction)
>>
>>49177780
>My dredge is a bit reanimator combo to win (aggro with zombies from Sidisi until I can Jarad + dread return a Lord of Extinction)
In legacy? Wat
>>
>>49177837
I play EDH because all my friend's play but I like Legacy so I have some decks I modified to run a bit more like Legacy decks. (see this post if you care)
>>49177643
>>
File: Tendrils of Agony.jpg (156KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Tendrils of Agony.jpg
156KB, 480x680px
>>49177643
Your mission, should you accept it, is to kill the table with Tendrils of Agony.
>>
>>49178129
I made a Jeleva storm deck a while back, got the storm count to 12 with grapeshot, then 13 for tendrils. The whole thing was goldfishing but my group doesn't understand the concept of counterspells so I probably wouldn't ever be stopped mid-combo either.
>>
File: 1470706987364.png (109KB, 414x248px)
1470706987364.png
109KB, 414x248px
>>49178129
why havent i thought about this?
genius!
>>
Alright let's get some conversation going.
What would you rank the deck archetypes according to how much you like them? Basic deck types I mean, feel free to add in your subtypes as well.

For me
1.control
2.Combo
3.midrange
4.aggro
5.tempo
Tempo is last for me because I can't play tempo decks worth shit.
As
>>
>>49179981
In general?
Control
Tempo
Midrange
Combo
Aggro

That said I just really like playing magic and will play pretty much any deck.
>>
>>49179981

For me, I'd put it at:
1. Control
2. Aggro
3. Midrange
4. Tempo
5. Combo

I can't get into combo. For me, the most exciting thing is the stretch down to the wire, seeing if my opponent will be able to pull out of whatever lockdown or pressure I've put them under. In a combo that's sort of just limited to a single turn, there's no building anticipation, so I've found those decks less appealing.
>>
>>49179981
I play Taking Turns in Modern. I guess I favor
1. Control
2. Combo
3. Tempo
4. Agro
5. Midrange
Basically I prefer playing whatever creates the most salty tears from my opponent. That happens to be control. If everyone starts playing control, I'll sleeve up infect or burn instead.
>>
File: image:109251.jpg (31KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image:109251.jpg
31KB, 312x445px
>>49179981
Burn player here
I would say
1) Aggro
2) Combo
3) Midrange
4) Tempo
5) Control
I really like the way Burn plays for some reason. Simple, fast and efficient with the best red spells ever printed. Not many creatures but the ones you do have are powerhouses like Goblin Guide and Eidolon. I just like the ability to have a fast paced game where it feels like im constantly pushing more towards victory as my opponent tries to either fight back against the onslaught of Burn spells or try and execute his own fast plan to defeat me before i can defeat him.
Id say combo is pretty fun too but it depends on the combo. I dont like combos like Storm where theres a ton of things to keep track of like mana floating and the amount of spells cast in a turn and where you put cards with a cantrip, however i do like combos where you set up an interesting interaction (Painters Servant+ Grindstone) that wins the game easy with one activation and no complex math to calculate.
Id say tempo and control are my least favorite and the ones i play the worst. With tempo like Delver its hard for me to recognize when to act. And with control decks i always feel like i act too quickly and that i counter the wrong things. Also control decks are just too slow for my liking.
>>
>>49180474
Casuals and saltmasters tend to get way more butthurt about combo decks actually. Usually control outside of Eternal formats is just UW with counterspells, some removal and bounce, and lategame fliers to close things out easy. Most people are fine with that kind of gameplay. But combos like Storm or Infect get Timmys massively salty cause "that was such bullshit totally unfair!"
>>
>>49180666
That is why Taking Turns is so fun. You tap them out until turn five, then you take six turns in a row, using awakened lands as your win condition. I've had some kid trashtalk me on xmage because my deck didn't even run creatures omg not a real deck!!!!
>>
>>49179981
1. Aggro-Prison
2. Control-Prison
3. Combo
4. Tempo
5. Control

I wouldn't play a deck that just plays creatures and attacks, so I won't even mention aggro. Miracles is one of my least favorite decks to run, and Death and Taxes is my current favorite.

Being able to run a proactive game is my favorite thing to do because I feel it gives you the most opportunity to leverage metagame knowledge. Understanding what cards they could have that get them out of it and steering the game in such a way to minimize the impact on the game they can have is so interesting.
>>
1) combo
5) control
Anything else is dumb.
>>
>>49179981
1) combo
2) tempo
3) aggro
4) control
5) midrange (barf)

like someone else said, I just enjoy harvesting salt.
>>
>>49179981
Combo (Dredge, Splinter Twin, old Omnitell)
Aggro (Burn)
Tempo (THS-KTK Jeskai)
Control (RTR-THS Azorius control)
Midrange (Jund?)

I don't actually hate any of these archetypes, I just like some of these more than others.

>>49180638
I like you, I like you a lot. You said a lot of good things about Burn. To add to that, I like playing decks that rewards perfectly optimal play and punishes one single mistake. It forces me to make the best use of my resources. And maybe, in a bad case, top-deck city outgrinds me. But there's still no feeling like playing a deck that rewards perfect play.

>>49181886
But muh tempo decks, the refined Gentleman's Choice.
>>
>>49182872
>Infect guy
>Infect
Triggered
>>
>>49177643
Dredge in EDH -> build Jarad with lots of dredge, living death/end and big, big monsters. Ramp, tutor into lord of extinction, win.
>>
>>49180202
Oh god please no, not archetypes.

-By based archetype hater.
>>
>>49183678
I play against a dedicated infect player. I'll say that if you jam about a trillion games against it you stop losing to it
>>
>>49183678
show me where the glistener elf touched you
>>
>>49184953
I am but a rotten husk after I was touched by its poisonous claw, there's nothing to show you.
>>
>>49179981
I'd say
1. Combo
2. Aggro
3. Tempo
4. Control
5. Midrange

Also, are we all just namefagging now?
>>
>>49175968
>>49176091
Tabernacle is irrelevant, buy Mana Drains. I've had my Moat for over 20 years, why should I care if others can't afford theirs? Sure, the pack of Legends was expensive but $20 for a Moat seemed fair.
>>
>>49185445
There are a few anonymous posters left but at this rate we'll all be namefags soon.
>>
>>49184953
It'd be easier just to show you where he didn't touch me
>>49184423
I've explained before in previous threads it's not just the infect deck, I vehemently despise the mechanic
>>
>>49186127
>Why should I care if others can't afford theirs?

Because when people can't buy cards they need, they don't play the format. It's the problem that's arising due to WOTC's Reluctance to do reprints. What's the point of having your expensive cards when nobody will play your format and eventually your Most cards will lose worth anyways.
>>
>>49186512
Yes, soon... And then I can get to work on making horrific namefag memes that everyone hates.
>>
>>49188707
There is a template that exists on various boards like /fit/, /mu/ and surely others, were a new guy comes to a board, asks a simple question, and various stereotype-posters stand around spouting their own ideas, with a closeup on a tripfag making a dramatic statement ("Do you know what would cure Legacy? [Close up] "Unban Mental Mistep.") And the poor guy ends up standing horrified, his eyes filled with memes and shitposting.
You should find and use that template.
>>
just wone round 3 of my League 3 with Nourishing Lich. Beat Belcher in three games. G1 they made 8 goblins turn 1, and a three turn clock wasn't fast enough to stop me. Game 2 they belched me for 44 on turn 1. Game 3 I thoughtseized them turn 1, took the wincon, and then held a flusterstorm up while I played draw go. I drew a Pithing needle, named Belcher, and then played draw go until I found the autochthon wurm I needed to go off.
Sideboarding: -2 Nefarious Lich, -2 Summoner's Pact, -1 Zuran Orb, +2 Flusterstorm, +2 Pithing Needle, +1 Drown in Sorrow

Currently 2-1 in the league. 1 more win and I'll get enough play points to enter another league.
>>
>>49189971

ye ye yeeeee
>>
>>49189971
You are out of control, you know that? If I wasn't watching my budget right now I would shotgun buy the whole deck on MTGO faster than you can say "Nourshing Shoal, exile Autochthon Wurm, draw 15 cards"
>>
>>49190163
>>49190050
I daresay the deck is tier 4.
>>
>>49190361
Until you win an SCG Classic with it, it's still staying in the Mythic Rare Legacy category.
>>
>>49166466
Maybe replace the steel sabotage in vintage, mostly because of eldrazis.
>>
>>49190419
Oh I agree. But i'm going to GP providence in october to play side events. That's enough time to pick up the pieces i'm missing to play the deck in paper. Maybe i'll try it in an eternal weekend trial...
>>
File: Capture.png (25KB, 361x619px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25KB, 361x619px
>>49190728
Price spike imminent??
>>
Legacy looks like a fun format. I'd consider playing it, but if I had that kind of money I'd just play 40K instead.
>>
File: formats3.png (2MB, 2048x1676px) Image search: [Google]
formats3.png
2MB, 2048x1676px
>>49191558
Pic related.

It's possible to play Legacy on a budget. What's your style?
>>
>>49191558
Lemme tell you, you haven't lived until you've gone:
>T1 on the play Ancient Tomb Sphere of Resistance
>T2 Factory Sphere of Resistance
>T3 Wasteland Sphere of Restance
and from there untap, Waste his land and start the Factory beats.

This hand actually happened a while back and it was godly.
>>
>>49191694
Well, MUD looks like a fun deck, as do 12 Post and Stax. I like control decks, grindy decks, and decks that can drop huge creatures.
>>
File: 53.jpg (63KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
63KB, 312x445px
>>49191694
>It's possible to play Legacy on a budget.

Speaking of, I saw that Mono-Black Shadow Aggro deck for $20 and I've always wondered about trying it out. Hell, Suicide Black used to be a thing in Legacy, and Black has been getting better low-costed creatures. I wonder if it's worth the time to put together a list.
>>
>>49191853
Is Carnophage really that much better than Diregraf Ghoul?
>>
>>49191850
>control, grindy, huge creatures
Sounds like you would most DEFINITELY enjoy playing either 12 Post or MUD. Follow this >>49164146 flowchart. I'm working on an updated one right now.
>>
>>49191558
aliexpress
>>
>>49192085
>Diregraf Ghoul

Nope, I just chose it because it was just the posterboy for Suicide Black for the longest time.
>>
>>49192090
Yeah, 12 Post, MUD, Stax, Hivemind, and Four Horsemen look good. Demon Stompy might also be fun.
>>
>>49192271
>Four Horsemen
hate to break it to you, but that deck isnt really legal
>>
>>49192271
Four Horsemen is considered a slow-play combo so you will get DQ'd for playing it, but if you really hate judges that much, play Judge Destroyer 1.0 www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?29732-Legacy-Judge-Destroyer-1-0

This is why I'm working on the new flowchart
>>
>>49192305
Oh well. The others look fun, at least. Any of them remotely decent budget?
>>
>>49165020
I also run Loam Pox, but my list is a bit different from yours. Basically, a little less creature hate in exchange for a more focused lands strategy.

-2 Urborg -3 Mire -1 Swamp -1 Bayou -1 Barren Moor
+3 Verdant +1 Tabernacle +1 Maze of Ith +1 Ghost Quarter +1 Thespian's Stage +1 Cabal Pit

-3 Entomb -3 Innocent Blood -1 Liliana -1 Nether Spirit -1 Inquisition
+1 Life from the Loam +3 Mox Diamond +2 Crop Rotation +1 Abrupt Decay +2 Thoughtseize
>>
>>49192346
not really
you can probably build some kind of budget 12post deck though
>>
>>49192346
12 Post is about $2000
MUD is about $1800
Stax can be pretty cheap depending on the color and build, I think that would be a good choice.
>>
>>49192432
Alright. What are the important cards in 12post?
>>
>>49192478
I'd probably want to go with black and/or white, but I know that adding colors drastically increases price.
>>
>>49191537
I wouldn't do that. Nourishing Lich should be available to anyone. It's the deck of the community. It's the Pol Pot of legacy.
>>
>>49192577
Well, I was going to buy it, but it's now more expensive now than it was a week ago. Maybe it's because I actually put the whole damn deck on it this time.
>>
Fresh memes for you guys.
>>
>>49192805
Now why'd you have to go and personify my entire being into one meme?
>>
>>49193090
No wait, watch me do it again.
>>
>>49193288
do me next
>>
File: summoning ddft guy.png (452KB, 628x625px) Image search: [Google]
summoning ddft guy.png
452KB, 628x625px
>>49193419
I should add things over the flags but I can't be assed to do it.
>>
>>49192805
>>49193288
>>49193695
these are fun. well done, man
>>
File: charminghitler.png (425KB, 667x585px)
charminghitler.png
425KB, 667x585px
>>49193695
nice meme
>>
>>49193288
Hey that one applies to most of us namefags
>>
Remember Magic is meant to give people jobs. A hobby intended to provide entertainment to the players and company, with promotions and participation.

And be happy there are others out there available to practice with.
>>
>>49194034
?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>49192409

I also run Loam Pox. My build is pretty split between the both of yours.
>>
File: legacy generals.jpg (104KB, 568x898px) Image search: [Google]
legacy generals.jpg
104KB, 568x898px
I'm making more.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 265x370px
This is going straight into my Dragon Stompy list. Card advantage, removal, and ramp, al in one. It will probably replace Koth as a 2-of. That may leave me a little threat light though, so I might have to tweak the list a little bit.
>>
>>49194448
As soon as SCG has a preorder up online I'm reserving a whole playset. It's not as good as JtMS (with Brainstorm, Fateseal, Unsummon, and a wincon on a stick) but it is definitely very high up there.
>>
I don't play standard, but is RG energy going to be a thing there?
>inb4 ask in standard thread
don't make me talk to those retards pls
>>
>>49194448
I was just about to post this, holy fuck she's bonkers, looks like I'm splashing red in my Esper planeswalkers standard deck
>>
I'm looking to make some proxies for a cube/a few legacy decks with friends, and I'd like to print them out but want them to look half decent, as well as organize them on a piece of paper to conserve paper.

Is there a website with high quality card images? I can't seem to find any
>>
>>49194708
I usually use mtgpress
>>
>>49194673
Damn, just thinking about it makes me want to get real blood moons along with this beauty, so I can skred it up in modern. Mono-red control is actually super fun FYI
>>
>>49194448

Hot holy heck. Think we'll get a White planeswalker this good some day?

>remember Gatewatch's White Planeswalker is Gideon

d... do you think that elspeth can come back?
>>
>>49194944
FUCK YOU GIDEON IS THE BEST AND HE WILL NEVER BE DEAFEATED. HE'S FUCKING INVINCIBLE ELSPETH IS A WHINY FUCKING BITCH WHO NEEDS 6 GALLONS OF CUM A DAY ON ORDER TO LIVE. SHE'S A PATHETIC FUCKING BITCH EXCUSE OF A PLANESWALKER COMPARED TO THE GODLINESS OF GIDEON FUCKING JURA. I WILL FUCKING QUIT MAGIC IF THEY KILL HIM OFF BECAUSE HE IS THE STRONGEST BEST MOST COMPLETE AND COMPLETELY FUCKING BADASS CHARACTER IN MAGIC LORE. EAT MY SHIT "a bloo bloo I like Elspeth the cum dumpster more" LICK MY FUCKING ASS
>>
>>49195028
>elspeth gets reanimated by phyrexians and she makes 1/1 infect tokens
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 223x310px
>>49142470
>using anything besides artifact decks
The golem and nim spam is legendary
>>
>>49195028

sir please i just like my white weenies and cute waifus.
>>
>>49195028
>>
>>49179981
I play everything because I like fun, I like winning and my life is complete therefore I don't need to seek the control or fast thrills I don't have through card games.
I play:
>Vintage
Dredge, Oath.
>Legacy
Dredge, Stoneblade, Burn, Pox, Reanimator
>Modern
Dredge, Burn, WB Tokens, Junk, 8Rack
>Pauper
MBC, Delver.
>Commander
Queen Marchesa, Ezuri 1.0, Teysa 1.0, Heliod.
>Tiny Leaders
>Teysa Aristocrats, Liliana MBC

All playstyles and all formats (except for standard) have untold ammounts of fun to explore.
>>
Just dropped 65 dollaroonies to buy the cards I was missing for Nourishing Lich in paper. Lich is still mad expensive, so I gambled on one damaged Unlimited Lich for $15, and I'll probably just play a version with Lim-Dul's Vault.
>>
>>49195072
I will fucking end you
>>49195172
I love you, keep it up
>>
File: tumblr_nvr6o28GVM1ui4fwgo2_1280.png (472KB, 628x625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvr6o28GVM1ui4fwgo2_1280.png
472KB, 628x625px
Here's the template if anyone wants to make their own.

>actual legacy discussion?
>in MY threads?
>it's more unlikely than you think!
>>
>>49195622
>actual legacy discussions
We've evolved beyond that friendo
>>
>>49171954
I'm sort of surprised they scooped to that. Imperial Painter is definitely capable of winning through beats. Maybe if they were low on blasts and you had a full grip
>>
Would it be possible to build a budget mono white control or mono black control list? Or are there important cards that are too expensive?
>>
>>49194448
I may buy one just to put in my burn sideboard. It's probably really bad, but god if I can land it vs miracles, there will be no survivors.
>>
>>49196286
You could build Budget Pox, Stax, Reanimator, or Demon Stompy in black. White control is pretty much strictly Death&Taxes or Stax. How's your budget ceiling looking?
>>
>>49196286
Liliana of the Veil and Rishadan Port are both $100 each.
>>
>>49196404
>Demon Stompy
>City of Traitors is "budget"
>>
>>49196286
Mono black Pox is a semi decent control deck, that isn't too expensive. You miss out on Liliana's if you build on a budget, but you don't necessarily need them. Pic related is what I used to run, some...sketchy choices are still in there, but the most expensive cards are probably Liliana (which you can find a sub for), wasteland (which you can sub out with ghost quarter if you run crucible), and crucible of worlds ($50 last I checked...no sub for this unfortunately). I haven't tried bridge, although that's $50 a piece too, so I'm not sure how good that is.

Still, there is no other feeling like seeing your opponent go "Land, fetch, delver, go" and then ritual smallpox. It's a thing of beauty.
>>
File: MBPOX.png (17KB, 300x671px) Image search: [Google]
MBPOX.png
17KB, 300x671px
>>49196517
Forgot pic.
>>
>>49196517
>>49196542
Uh, ignore the board, it was prospective.
>>
>>49195982
I was suprised too. It's definitely and unfavorable position for the painter player. They were low on cards and clearly had kept that hand because of the quick combo potential. They probably just didn't want to slug out a game they would likely lose.
>>
>>49196517

If you're going to sub out wasteland, just run Sinkholes. They're $6 a pop right now. Ghost Quarter a.) sets you back in tempo b.) doesn't let you meet the heavy-black requirements for Hymn to Tourach, Sinkhole, Smallpox, and Pox.
>>
>>49196404
I like Smallpox - ran it in a budget 8rack deck in Modern before the modern locals went to shit.

I've been looking at Stax lists and they're all upwards of $2000 dollars thanks to the lands and some of the important-looking artifacts like Chalice.

Demon Stompy might be fun. I like playing large creatures with lots of control to back them up.

D&T could also be good.

>>49196517
Aside from Lili, Crucible, Wasteland, Bridge, Nether Void, and The Abyss, this looks good. Those things are pretty crazy, though.
>>
File: Pox.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Pox.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>49196679
Rack Pox is cheaper. Pic related is my list. Obviously there are some expensive elements. Just swap the Lilis for Sinkhole, the wastelands for basic swamps, or cabal pit or some utilitty land if you want, and find something to replace the bridges in the board.
>>
>>49196614
Sinkholes are a part of the deck in addition to wastes. Ghost quarter is a decent replacement because some legacy decks don't run basics, and with crucible you can actually run them out of lands. It's more for hitting utility lands in the early game, and late game you can remove their entire manabase.

As for hitting double black, there is a reason the deck runs 3 Urborg.

>>49196679
Yeah, ignore the sb. Those were mainly just 'ideas' for a board.
>>
>>49196843
That looks awesome. Also, what's this Nefarious deck you keep talking about?

>>49196881
GQ might be nice, especially if I can get ahold of some CoWs. And I'm glad that board wasn't really that important.
>>
>>49196921
Nourshing Lich? It's the best Storm variant.

It's fucking terrible
>>
>>49196921
Oh boy are you in for a treat..
>>
>>49194448
Just warning you guys, this card is a huge trap for legacy. It's probably fine for standard but this is not a legacy card.

Replacing Koth with this is not a good idea in dragon stompy. That deck is about establishing a psuedo lock than turning the corner and killing as quick as you can before your opponent recovers. This card will not do that.

And for those thinking painter to replace the sometimes used Chandra pyromaster, it might be situationally better but that card was always terrible anyway.

Overall this card will not kill a tarmo/gurmag with its minus ability and even if it hits something it will drop to one loyalty and die to a stiff breeze.

Please please please proxy and test this before you preorder it and waste a bunch of money. You will see the truth.
>>
>>49198389
How does Dragon Stompy work?
>>
>>49198389
I wasn't thinking legacy I was thinking more modern and standard. In legacy I take anything with double color mana and/or over 3 mana with a grain of salt
>>
>>49198404
It's like goodstuff red creatures. So, Goblins with Stormbreath Dragon and Thunderbreak Regeant, both of which are cards similarly seen in Modern Skred. I'm no expert on it but it sounds like an aggro version of Skred.
>>
>>49198389
It certainly goes into Bridgemoon Stompy. In more controlling builds of red Stompy it's certainly a real card
>>
>>49198404
You play a t1 lock piec like Chalice or a Moon, then kill them with shitty standard creatures like Prophetic Flamespeaket before they draw out of the lock
>>
>>49198459
It's not skred. Skred is mono red control with a janky mini combo in the deck. Koth is used similarly but the only "lock" the deck even attempts is slamming a blood moon onto the field. It's honestly the only thing I have a resemblance of fun with in modern since treasure cruise was banned (for good reason but man Delver was fun when it wasn't)
>>
>>49198492
No it really is not.
>>
>>49198492
gtfo hasbro shill
>>
>>49198389
I think this card is good for sideboarding, but a rather poor choice for mainboarding. In stompy you have koth, which is a much better kill card. The real problem is that it's double red, and so it isn't that good for most decks. The decks that can cast it have better options.

That said, I think it could be viable for sb, because it isn't too bad vs miracles or slow decks that like to lock you down. Vs lands or miracles the two damage or an extra card is pretty decent. Not great to run more than maybe 1 of though, and there are probably better options. Still, it isn't unplayable.
>>
>>49198793
When there are better options, in Legacy that is the definition of unplayable. Its not oh this card is a huge dumpster fire its unplayable, its oh this card is slightly outclassed by these options already available.

Its unplayable
>>
>>49198793
yeah but
you can just play koth in stompy against miracles
>>
>>49199016
Only 4 koths
Also, there are decks that aren't stompy
>>
>>49198636
Why not? Closing the door is the biggest problem with planeswalker stompy, and this addresses the problem with resolved creatures
>>
>>49199016

Is there something I'm missing? Koth's 4/4 Mountains can be path'd by Miracles or otherwise impeded, but Chandra's 2 damage ability can't even be countered.
>>
>>49194708
http://magic.bluebones.net/proxies/
>>49195172
>>49193695
Great
>>49192805
Fine
>>49193288
>>49194390
So-so
>>
>>49196542
>Having the lands to cast Palace Siege when running 4x smallpox and 2x OG pox
in what fantasy land
>>
>>49200008
Crucible of worlds is a far out card.
>>
>>49200247
>far out
Let me guess, you drop two tabs of acid before the game starts
>>
File: tumblr_o0giwg7PYT1svgoqao1_400.png (322KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0giwg7PYT1svgoqao1_400.png
322KB, 375x523px
>>49195028
>>
>>49200663
Whatever you want to believe. If you can't accept that crucible gives you the ability to get to 5 mana, I can't change your opinion.
>>
>>49200809
I'm not this >>49200008 dude,
I was just making fun of your hippie slang.

Crucible is a great card imo.
>>
>>49200694
>triggered
>>
New thread >>49201316
This one's autosaging
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.