[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wg/ - Weaver Dice/Worm General #3: GMs never Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 15

File: skitter.jpg (34KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
skitter.jpg
34KB, 600x800px
Last time on /wg/: >>49078382

Welcome to the Wormverse, where everything gets worse. Additionally, people get superpowers by having the worst day of their lives, and then it somehow gets worse for them.
Yeah, things are bad here on Earth Bet.

If you want to read original story, Worm:
https://parahumans.wordpress.com/

If you're lazy and want to listen to the story, they've got an audiobook here:
http://audioworm.rein-online.org/

If you're looking for the game built by the author, Weaver Dice:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e-H--GkPrbJq4WRNYndBnjjLjE7-2kOZkjwltkP1Ong/edit

Enjoy your stay here...until a Cape ruins everything.
>>
The characters that received the Skitter Treatment took it really well, all things considered.

Only Clockblocker got a bit traumatised by the whole ordeal and Alexandria got a bit dead.
>>
>>49099012
>Lisa is fun, but she is also an incredible piece of shit person.

She's self-interested and prone to inflicting verbal damage at inopportune moments, but I wouldn't call her *that* bad of a person by Worm standards.
>>
>>49099113
She also often doesn't think of the consequences of her actions. With a thinker, that's a big deal.
>>
>>49099113
It's her only weapon. Problem is that it's just so effective in this setting, where everyone and their grandmother has secrets and schemes.
>>
>>49099211

It would be more accurate to say that she is aware of the consequences, but can't help herself.
>>
>>49099551
That's even worse.
>>
>>49099571

You bet!
>>
>>49099551
It's like when you hear somebody say something and you could make a joke that is so off-color as to be offensive, you really want to make that joke, even if it would be wrong to do so.
>>
>>49099659
Only the joke costs peoples lives.
>>
>>49099659
Except with tattle, it's whenever she can show someone up, or make someone feel stupid, or otherwise assert her intellectual dominance.
This comes up a lot because, despite having one of the more bullshit-tier thinker powers out there, she isn't actually very smart on her own.
>>
>>49099695
Didn't Faultline prove herself smarter than her and that's why Lisa hates her?
>>
>>49099717
Pretty much. Being able to find out things (TTs power) is not all there is to intelligence.
>>
>>49099717
Yes, and not just Faultline, it's not that tattle is stupid, its that she's an average-intellect person who's had this amazing crutch for years that she can't fully divorce herself from even if she wants to - the ability to "cheat" all the time has really got her out of the practice of actually doing the damn work herself
>>
>>49099736
It's not that she lost practice, it's that she cannot into realizing that there are other things to intelligence than knowledge, like risk evaluation and judgement.
>>
>>49099695
>she isn't actually very smart on her own.

I would debate this. She's shown to be quite adept at cold reading, guesswork, and banter without the use of her power.

She isn't a genius when laid bare, but she's not a fool, either.
>>
>>49099791
well, these are things that normal people would have, but when you think you have all the answers, what risks are there to evaluate? How do you second guess magical space whale answers? (judgement)
>>
>>49099813
That's the thing, her power gives her only facts or guesses at facts. It doesn't give her subjective things like what to do.
>>
is there a difference between shards that came from the warrior and shards that came from the thinker?
also spoil me, what happens to shards after scion gets killed?
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 765x990px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 765x990px
>>49099980
Stat this fine youth.
>>
>>49099980
No difference from what I can tell as long and after Scion's death they start acting up with restriction being removed in some offshoots which isn't good for anyone involved.
>>
>>49099980

There is some different.
Thinker shards, since they came from the dead entity, are "Dead" they cannot bud, it's unclear if they can second trigger, they can "run out of juice" (see: Eidolon)
Post Scion-death, the shards "in play" continue working as normal, but a few shards leak out into circulation that aren't properly "regulated" and cause mansplosions when people trigger with them

>>49100014
what system?
>>
>>49099736
Tattletale isn't of average intellect.... But Faultline is smarter.
>>
>>49100014
Take normal fit teenager stats, add crossbow skills, knowledge of gangs, allies (protectorate) and her breaker power.
>>
>>49099791
>like risk evaluation and judgement.
she's also what, in her early twenties?
She does some stupid impulsive things, almost always talking before thinking, but that's pretty damn normal for people in their early twenties.

The stakes are way higher, because the worlds a crapsack conflict machine, but I honestly doubt the average person on this board would actually behave any more intelligently.
>>
>>49100014
>Desolidification (does not work on Electrical damage)
>Naked Power advantage: Affects real world for ranged attacks
>Invisibility: Bright Fringe
>Some other stuff I can't be bothered typing out.

>>49100113
Pretty much this. Iirc, she can still operate pretty well with her powers out of commission.
>>
>>49100175
She's under 18 IIRC. Grue was the oldest and he was 18.
>>
>>49100014
Wild Talents:
Shadow Form: (A D U+1 4 per die)
Flaws: Obvious, If/Then (Weak to electricity)
You can become intangible, though still effected by electricity, at the cost of becoming an edgelord
>>
>>49100219
Also sufficient disruption of her shadow form can result in pain (but doesn't end the effect) and she needs time to pull herself back together in such circumstances.
>>
>>49100194
Timeskip
>>
>>49100258
That'd be another If/Then and would bump it down to 3 per die. Overall a cheap power that doesn't have too many bells and whistles attached to it.
>>
>>49100386
*that
>>
>>49100386
She can end the breaker state for any objects that leave her person (crossbow bolts) at will, making them materialize inside things, like people.
>>
>>49100455
That'd be under the Attack quality which is the A.
>>
>>49100455
Though I never understood how she made use of that ability with the crossbow bolts unless they were particularly slow and even then gauging when to turn it off at night? I'm not buying it as she's normal in every other regard.
>>
>>49100540
I always figured she outsourced the maths to her shard, that was excited enough in the application of the power (and how much conflict she caused) to play ball, effectively granting her a very specific thinker-1 sub power - similar to what Flachette had going for her
>>
>>49100194
Needs super leap, only while desolid.

>>49100455
>at will,
I thought it was just a proximity thing.

Surpised she didn't use more hand grenades.
>>
>>49100455

I thought that the breaker state only persists for a second or so after the cessation of contact.
>>
>>49100718
>>49100589
Both of these things maybe correct. The point is she can exploit it.
>>
Glory girl is my waifu
>>
>>49100846
it's a pity she's a lesbian now....

and also a blob
>>
>>49100846
Before or after Pancea?
>>
>>49100846
>waifuing a parahuman
>>
>>49100014
>Those hips
>>
Why are like 50% of the characters niggers?
>>
>>49101056
Worm has more than 8 characters. Read the thing before u talk ok
>>
>>49100846
>>49100867

She'll return one day, not to fear. Riley will find a way.
>>
>>49101294
>Riley becomes Tiny Tina, surgeon edition
>>
File: 1460062946843.gif (1MB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
1460062946843.gif
1MB, 500x240px
>>49101341

>Bonesaw and GU will be the top two heroes in Worm II
>>
>>49101122
Don't reply to trolls, mate.
>>
>>49101341
She already was, before she turned good.
>>
>>49101056
Honestly it could have been worse.

Setting wise, "trigger event's" are necessary to get superpowers. You're a lot more likely to get a shitty upbringing and violent trigger events if you're living in the ghetto.
>>
so who all still has powers by the end of the story?
>>
>>49101468
Skitter/weaver/tailor had powers at the end of her life
>>
>>49101468
every cape but one.
>>
>>49101468
I like the thought of Taylor without powers living the rest of her life isolated on an Earth without capes, trying to be okay and being all melancholy about the fact that nothing she ever does will ever compare to the Golden Morning.

It's an ending.
>>
>>49101548

It's the best possible ending. Far superior to Taylor dying, or the ridiculous coma theory.

Bittersweet, with a great deal of loss, but not an unmitigated tragedy to close out two years of suffering.
>>
>>49101548
>>49101574
so she doesn't have her powers right? I mean at least shes kind of besties with some of the most powerful people on the planet
>>
>>49101605
Too bad she is on an Earth without capes or any contact with other universes.
>>
>>49101385
No, just no. I'll sacrifice your soul to the Outer Gods if it means we don't get a sequel to Worm.
>>
>>49101626

Tats has some means of keeping tabs on her, or at least attempts to reach the Earth on which she's sequestered.
>>
>>49101574
No, I'd say that her dying in the end would be the biggest mercy. Nothing she ever does is going to live up to Gold Morning and it's better to die at your peak than suffer the slow decline that comes after.
>>
>>49101639

You mean you don't know that one's already planned? It should be coming once Twig wraps up.
>>
>>49101548
I preferred her just being dead dead.
>>
>>49101670
>and it's better to die at your peak than suffer the slow decline that comes after.

Careful with that edge, Jack.
>>
>>49101675
...Fuck. Worm went downhill ever since the bit with Alexandria and now it's going to just get further dragged through the muck. How fantastic.
>>49101698
It's true though just look at Chavez.
>>
Are the Entities still around at the end of the story?
>>
>>49101780
>...Fuck. Worm went downhill ever since the bit with Alexandria and now it's going to just get further dragged through the muck. How fantastic.
Nah, it's getting rewritten/edited before Worm 2.
>>
>>49101830
For all intent and purposes, the two that were on Earth are dead. We have no idea what the third is doing, or even if it's coming to Earth. The rest of them are doing who knows what who knows where.
>>
>>49101780
>and now it's going to just get further dragged through the muck.

You do realize that the problem with Wildbow has much more experience now, and even if he does cock up the latter half again, I'm absolutely there for a few hundred thousand words' worth of brand-new street level Worm, before it crumbles again.
>>
>>49101661
man im really confused by the ending, probably doesn't help that its been quite a while since ive read it and it was late as hell when i did
>>
>>49101836
Well, that's one good thing at least and maybe he can fix the timeline because that always stretched my SoD.
>>49101890
Is it starting a street level though? Also. I'm really hoping the bird guy isn't the new protag.
>>
>>49101908
>Is it starting a street level though? Also. I'm really hoping the bird guy isn't the new protag.

We don't know yet. Twig isn't even done.

>>49101907
>man im really confused by the ending, probably doesn't help that its been quite a while since ive read it and it was late as hell when i did
It was purposefully left up to interpretation.
>>
>>49101908
>maybe he can fix the timeline because that always stretched my SoD.

The timeline needs to be unfucked in a major way.

He ought to cut literally everything between Alexandria's fall and Gold Morning, cut the Teeth and Fallen arcs, and put some downtime in between the major arcs of the first half (ABB, S9, Coil, Echidna).

Rejigger the post-surrender so you have the Behemoth fight (maybe) and a vastly reduced S9 plotline, then jump right into Gold Morning.
>>
>>49101940
Doesn't help that there is literally no good summary anywhere to read up on
>>
File: spidey channels skitter.jpg (502KB, 841x1280px) Image search: [Google]
spidey channels skitter.jpg
502KB, 841x1280px
How well would he fare in Brockton Bay?
>>
>>49101965

Be a man and take advantage of the best summary that there is: the re-read.
>>
>>49101980
Very well.
>>
>>49101965
Because the plot, sub-plot, and side-plots of Worm is so convolutedly complex that it's not an easy task to simplify it into a one-page paper that even cares to explain everything in acceptable detail. You're talking about a MILLION+ word web novel here.
>>
>>49101980

Spidey would be a pretty high-tier cape in Brockton, given his versatility. High-level Brute, Mover, and Tinker, and arguably Thinker points as well (depending on whether you lump spider sense into the Brute rating).
>>
>>49101980
Very well until you get Endbringers or people like Cherish.
>>
>>49102015
What's the exact word count of Worm anyways?
>>
Im thinking of trying to run something worm like when abberent second edition finally comes out
>>
>>49102038
1.7 million IIRC. Just under the published ASOIAF series.
>>
>>49102038

Something like 1.6 million.

Hopefully Wildbow doesn't hold back in the edit. There's a lot of fat to be trimmed, and I'd love to see Worm make it big mainstream.
>>
>>49102015

Hell, I've read the story three times, and I still couldn't tell you the aims of the Vegas team.
>>
>>49102070
Or the entirety of the Harry Potter series and you can still squeeze the Hobbit in, too.
>>
>>49102074
If it does go mainstream he should break it up into at least two parts. The first is Skitter and the second would cover Weaver+Khepri.
>>
>>49101980
Hmm, Spidey would be a pretty strong Worm cape.
Granted, *which* spidey makes a big difference, sometimes he's a long stronger, sometimes he's a lot more intelligent.
I'd say at least

Brute 4/ Thinker 3/ Tinker 2 / Mover 2
for a conservative baseline

He'd be screwed against top tier capes, but there's only a handful in BB that would give him issues (Lung and Hookwolf straight up brute too hard, Velocity is probably too fast Armsmaster could probably tinker a counter. Skitter is bullshit, for examples)
>>
>>49102142
Simple physics means Spider-Man is a Brute 6 at least. He stopped a train once and instantly stopped a flying car going 60+ mph that must have weighed at minimum 1,600 lbs. that's over 40,000 lbs of force coming from casual calculations.
>>
>>49101980
Now you're making me imagine a version of Kaine for Skitter.
>>
>>49102205
He said it depends on the spiderman.

In other comics, he can't even lift a car.
>>
>>49102098
I was just about to ask that.

Just finished up reading it, and they don't seem to be there for any reason except to get in Skitter's way.

Also something about love, or something.
>>
>>49102255

Vegas capes are one of the plotlines that wouldn't make the second draft, just like the Teeth and the Fallen.

Worm's depth as a world constitutes its greatest strength, but there are some factions that contribute absolutely nothing to the larger story.

Not that I blame Wildbow, of course. The story turned out incredibly well for a first draft authored at breakneck speed by a novice.
>>
>>49102312
There's a lot he can do with the setting just with shit already established. The Vegas Team getting their own short stories would be neat as hell.
>>
>>49102098
>Vegas team
Weren't they on Cauldron's payroll?
>>
Was it ever stated what would happen if Cauldron took someone who had already triggered with a Warrior shard and gave them a Thinker shard as well?
>>
>>49102595
Yeah, nothing. One cannot have two shards. Only thing that can change powers is when the Shard decides to look at others during a second trigger.
>>
Chevalier and weld best heroes, they were too pure for earth bet.
>>
>>49102672
Good to know. Thanks.
>>
>>49102705
Weld might have overreacted a bit after Eidolon's clone spilled the beans.
>>
>>49102759
how so? there was a lot of shitty stuff that happened to weld leading up to that. Not to mention he was always trying so hard and doing so much for everyone else and even at the oil rig when he talks about not going into the water because hes scared, thats a real hero.
>>
>>49102705
Hero was also a true top-tier hero.
>>
>>49102791

He also immediately throws down with his own people to protect the ones who made him into a monster.

Weld's a pretty great dude.
>>
>>49102839
And Legend.
A little nieve to buy cauldron's line at first, but still a good guy
>>
>>49102879

Legend is my favorite gay superhero.
>>
>>49102839
Things seems to have been really nice before the Siberian appeared and Eidolon decided he needed a challenge.
>>
>>49102984
>Everything was nice until Manton fucked everything
>>
>>49099791
And the idiot ball space whales wouldn't want her developing anything that could actually defuse conflicts. That'd be silly.

Also, what Taylored up /tg/'s pisshole to get excited about Worm all of a sudden?
>>
>>49103410
One dude posting a couple of stat me threads.
>>
>>49103410
>Also, what Taylored up /tg/'s pisshole to get excited about Worm all of a sudden?

Somebody decided to create a thread. It's no surprise that there's a lot of Worm readers here.
>>
>>49103410
/co/ can't have Worm threads because it's not a comic or a cartoon and /lit/ would only shitpost. So Worm is /tg/ by default.
>>
>>49102108
All good disposable genre fiction runs in trilogies, my dude.

Act 1: Start to Coil or Cap'n Edgy Arc the first
Act 2: Taylor's sudden but inevitable betrayal
Act 3: Weaver to Taylor to Khepri
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 742x1076px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 742x1076px
>>49103437

Not to brag....but I basically made this whole thing happen with pic related.
>>
>>49103589
>>49003183
>>
>>49103589
As you can clearly see, Bonesaw makes everything better.

Now I wonder, has anyone actually made a fanfic where Bonesaw or Taylor or someone else browses Worm's version of 4chan?
>>
>>49102205
Brute numbering has more to do with durability than super strength. Hookwolf is Brute 7, and he's considerable more durable than nearly any incarnation of spiderman - most spideys aren't even bullet proof, which keeps his rating low.
>>
>>49103664
>Bonesaw
>on a website that mandates you being over the age of 18
that's not what a good girl would do
I could totally see Taylor doing it though
>>
>>49102893
mine is divis mal
>>
>>49103891
>/pol/ with Gesselschaft
oh man
>>
>>49103950
>all of /pol/ migrated to Brockton during the E88 era
you know it's true, that mentality is the bread and butter of the board
>>
>>49103969
That would require /pol/ to physically get off their chair.
>>
>>49104013
if you get them hype enough they'd probably form a Neo-Nazi army
and E88 was good at generating hype for their stuff.
>>
>>49103950
Stat E88's newest member.
>>
Reminder that a British madman has a Tinker Shard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR4TsEjpQyM
>>
>>49103816
PRT classifications are kinda hard to pin down, and aren't really meant to be too specific.

Yeah, not being bullet proof while being really strong brings it down a notch, but with Spidey reflexes and whatnot, he is nearly impossible to actually hit, which mitigates that somewhat.

Also, Spidey generally plays really nice with his brute rating, and is very careful about non-lethal force on normies, so they aren't going to ramp it up to the level that calls for anti material rifles and rockets instead of containment foam.
>>
>>49104359
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k
>>
>>49104361
Which is more powerful. Spider-Man's agility or his strength?
>>
>>49104823
His agility reaches such potential because it's coupled with spider-sense. Otherwise his strength is probably more impressive.
>>
What sort of trigger event would cause Spider-Man? Batman? Aquaman? Green Lantern? Green Arrow? Plastic man?
>>
would spiderman and taylor date?
>>
>>49105211
well because of those folks powers probably something pretty fucked for all of them. Because of their powers and powerlevels though they'd more likely be cauldron capes.
>>
>>49105211
Being bitten by a radioactive spider/orphan/fish/lamp/arrow/lump of plastic.

>>49105305
If Spider-man interacts with a female human around his age for any significant length of time, they'll date.
>>
>>49105338
not if Mary Jane exists in the world
>>
>>49104359
>>49104663
Pretty sure he's actually an Ork that somehow got trapped in a plumber's body:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwWw9g0EgHA
>>
>>49105305
the bug would fug, yes
>>
>>49103664
I'm pretty sure most fanfics have some form of PHO interlude.

But then again, PHO can't be 4chan, it's got good mods.
>>
>>49105305

Are you joking? Spiderman doesn't even get out of bed for anything less than a solid 10.
>>
>>49105771
Spiderchad has no need for a 5/10 butterface bug controller when Narwhal exists.
>>
>>49105211
I think the best way to do Spidey would be a multi-trigger of some kind, because he's such a fucking grabbag, speed, strength, clinging to surfaces, precog, maybe tinkering, and that's where a lot of those came from. There'd be some other people running around with abilities similar to his but proportioned and expressed differently.

Batman, I would have his trigger happen not when his parents died, but the first time he actually goes out to fight crime, after a lifetime of prepwork, and getting his shit wrecked the first time he goes out.

Green Arrow you don't really need to fiddle with anything. Being stuck on an island alone could trigger as a Bow themed Tinker with some Thinker stuff for trajectories.
>>
>>49105211
Aquaman is obvious: drowning.
>>
>>49105792
Ollie'd have a second trigger after being written by Guggenheim.
>>
>>49105862
Add betrayal by a buddy (fellow shipmate chucks you overboard?) for the "king of all the beasts of the sea" bit as a Master ability.
>>
>>49105771
are you implying that taylor isnt a top tier waifu because i think we have a fucking problem here
>>
>>49105989
she's literally described as average looking, and Spidey doesn't move a finger for girls that aren't beauty queens
>>
File: Pick one.png (82KB, 307x245px) Image search: [Google]
Pick one.png
82KB, 307x245px
>>49105989
>top tier waifu
>coalburner
>>
>>49105792
clearly he'd need to multi-trigger with venom (who gets more of the strength/reflex/precog and some changer shit) and doc ok who get nearly pure tinker
>>
>>49105989
Taylor is, and I quote: "flat as a board" she's not waifu material even before you get into the fact that she's a complete wreck who thinks in terms of everyone being an enemy by default.

Not good waifu material.
>>
>>49106132
She was better as Skitter in the interpersonal relationships. As Weaver she was "I have a mission" and never made a move on the guys around her.
>>
>>49105989
She's mid-tier at best. Best Girl is Mouse Protector.
Dragon is second (but taken by Armsy.)
>>
okay be real with me, how dark does this get? I like capes but i also dont like grimdark stuff and im trying to find the balance here.
>>
>>49106238
It can get pretty dark. Though you'll be familiar with several forms of hobo by the end of the story.
>>
>>49106238
Just when you think things couldn't get worse, they do. And when you think things are looking up, they go to hell and never stop.
>>
>>49106021
>>49106132
>picking waifu based on looks
look at these scrubs
>>
>>49106351
>picking waifu based on her dogshit personality
i could say the same
>>
>>49106238
starts out grimdark, goes full gromdurp by the S9000
>>
Honestly Panacea is best waifu
>>
>>49106237
Mouse Protector clearly best girl, even Bonesaw waifu'd her.
>>
>>49106441
Your waifu is birdshit, which is why she was put in the birdcage
>>
>>49106475
Justified. Yuri incest is plenty hard to find, and Panacea paid quite the price to make some.
>>
>>49106475
I forget, what did she do to end up locked up there again?
>>
>>49106617
Made Glory Girl a monster.
>>
>>49106642
yeah but i forget how that went down. It was some sort of panic attack thing right?
>>
>>49106617
She asked to be after she started some real fucking Cronenburg type shit.
>>
>>49106617
In an effort to form the beast with two backs, she instead made the blob with fifteen.
>>
>>49106617
Well she thought her sister was really pretty and in a fit of panic/madness after an extremely bad day turns Glory Girl into a shag carpet complete with extra faces, limbs and other parts, whose description resembles Eden's flesh farm in Cauldron's basement better than anything else I can think of in Worm.
>>
I'm pretty sure she eventually turns her back to normal, after spending two years being a self pitying mopey bitch in prison with her bomb ass bonermancer dad.

And she also gets tattoos 2/10 would not waifu
>>
>>49107043
No, she doesn't. By the end of the story Glory Girl still looks like H R Giger's worst nightmare.
>>
im still mad about the ending. taylor fucking deserved better
>>
>>49107090
Huh, coulda sworn in the epilogue she fixes her back. Hilarious, now she is a 1/10 dirt quality waifu
>>
>>49106617
She wanted to make her sister into the perfect moeblob waifu, turns out 2D can't coexist with 3DPD.
>>
>>49107129
agreed
>>
>>49107129
fingers crossed she gets better in the revisions made in the printed release
>>
>>49107389

Panacea really should have been killed. If I was Glory Girl's mom, I'd have caved her face in. Or got her to fix my daughter, first, THEN murdered her.
>>
>>49107129
Why did she deserve better?
>>
>>49107129
she had a hard life
she needs to rest for a bit
>>
>>49107129
aren't "The world is unfair" and 'Being Taylor is suffering' two of the core themes of worm?
>>
>>49107524
sure, but that doesn't mean im not gonna be mad about it
>>
>>49107129
I thought it was the best possible end for her.
Like with Michael Carpenter, it seems so unfair, until you realize that it's actually a happy ending for him.
Only you know, that isn't the end of the series and knowing Butcher something else terrible is going to happen to his family.
>>
>>49107431
She killed scion.
>>
>>49107418
>Or got her to fix my daughter, first, THEN murdered her.
the whole point was that she FORGOT HOW TO FIX HER...
>>
>>49107665
did she? or was she just so emotionally unstable she didn't trust herself to use her powers at all?
I forgot.
>>
>>49107665

She just needed a bit of motivation
You know, like a parent shaming her into getting her ass into gear.
>>
>>49107695
After the Khepri fuckup, I'd be wary of my powers too.
>>
>>49107640
I'm not saying that was wrong in any way, but she did mind rape hundreds of people to do it, so it sort of evens out with her deserving a quiet life on some alternate earth.
>>
>>49107887
not really mind rape, just puppeteer for a bit.
IIRC their brains went back to normal the moment her power wasn't on them. No one seemed very resentful of her afterwards.
>>
>>49107952
>No one seemed very resentful of her afterwards.
There was literally a lynch mob.
>>
>>49101605
Besties?
>>
>>49107982
no there wasn't, that was Taylor's fucked up perception.
She though everyone was attacking each other, when they were actually hugging in celebration.

Read the epilogues where you hear a more reliable narrators perception of the events.
>>
>>49101945
The time skip is actually kinda important into crafting the Taylor that becomes Khepri.
>>
>>49107982
>wanting to lynch the girl that just killed the genocidal god
That's just rude.
>>
>>49107887
>>49107952
Didn't she have to use Canary and some other emotion affecting powers just to stop some of the people she was puppeting from dieing of stress-induced heart attacks?

But, yeah, overall people were pretty chill with it because, I mean, it WORKED.
>>
>>49107129
She got to live, mate. Come on.
>>
>>49108014
There also was a lynch mob.
>>
>>49105771
I believe you meant to say that Spiderman doesn't get INTO bed for anything less than a 10.
>>
>>49103327
Hmm.

Who was the best tragic villian in Worm? Siberian? Mannequin? I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.
>>
>>49108562
Contessa.

Gave up everything for the mission. Abandoned her identity and did everything that was necessary. She literally did nothing but what the path said. For the greater good.
>>
>>49104133
As a black man, hearing someone take up the name Moonman and then joining the E88 made my skin crawl
>>
>>49108562
My vote has to go to Bonesaw.
>>
File: Skitter Pepe.png (374KB, 1024x1638px) Image search: [Google]
Skitter Pepe.png
374KB, 1024x1638px
Are we sure Wildbow doesn't browse 4chan?
>>
>>49108577
I may have to re-read, but Contessa's origin story seemed kind of flat. The words told and connotations happening around her origin were super important, but the way it all happened just in itself felt "pushed?"

I dunno. I'm using the phrase wrong, but she just felt like an ex machina for the plot itself ie: PtV.
>>
Am I retarded for not understanding why Taylor defected?
>>
>>49108839
nah sometimes you can just not pick up stuff in his writing, wildbow isn't the best write but it is definitely said/explained.
>>
>>49108823
When she pancaked herself, Eden lost two shards she didn't want to lose. Contessa was by coincidence in the right place and time to pick one up. Do consider that if she didn't someone else would have and the result would have been the same.

>>49108839
Not at all. The best I got for that is that she knew she was a wanted criminal and killing Alexandria and that one Director crossed a line killing Calvert wasn't, and surrendered rather than have worse happen to the Undersiders.
>>
>>49108894
>>49108839
also because of the note dinah gave her and foreshadowed to her that if she didn't defect the world would be worse off.
>>
I love Bonesaw so much.
>>
>>49108839
Listening to precogs is one hell of a drug.

Also, she needed Protectorate level resources cooperating with her to hunt down A/S-rank threats.
>>
>>49108917
>wiki doesn't say her age

I forget. How old is she again?

How old does she look?
>>
>>49108150
I'm pretty sure there was not.

>>49108046
I'm pretty sure that was the stress of fighting against Scion, not the stress of being effected by her powers.
>>
>>49099003
... is there a tl;dr of what this is
and why it's popular enough to have a general with 200+ replies
>>
>>49109380
Superhero web novel, another take on the "superheroes in a realistic setting" idea.

It's somewhat of a sleeper hit and the sequel will start soon-ish.
>>
>>49109380
Pretty nifty web serial about superheroes that breaks a lot of the old tropes and explores some cool shit.

The writer also has a homebrew for people to play a game in the Worm universe.
>>
>>49108990
I'd say technically it was both. I mean being forced to fight tooth and nail against what is basically a god would be pretty stressful especially when you're not even in control of your own body.
>>
>>49109380
Here http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/Worm
>>
>>49108944
Twelve and twelve.
>>
>>49102018

Spider-sense is so powerful, one PC cape in Weaver Dice Singapore has it as his entire power. 1.5 triggers (Triggered, then triggered immediately after) just to get usable spider-sense.
>>
Comparing Worm capes to comic capes is folly, comic capes are incredibly inconsistent in what they can do and how strong their powers are.
>>
>>49110209

Actually, the only real analogues are the Triumvate, and they have all won the lottery many times over. For instance, Legend is Mover 12, Breaker 12 AND Blaster 12. (Alexandria is Brute 12, Thinker 10, high Mover.)
>>
>>49110228
Their ratings are very much not that high.
>>
>>49108839
Literally because Dinah told her to.
>>
>>49110581
>1 cut ties
>2 im sorry
is so damn cryptic though, a dumbass like me would read it and go "huh?" before just throwing it away.
>>
>>49110604

Bear in mind that she also found out that Dinah cooperated with the Protectorate to have her unmasked and arrested.
>>
>>49110604
>is so damn cryptic though,
Not really. Besides, when dealing with precogs you always know that their advice may not be applicable immediately.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160820-170346.jpg (410KB, 602x1055px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160820-170346.jpg
410KB, 602x1055px
>>49110604
really makes you think huh
>>
File: 1471572005695.gif (3MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
1471572005695.gif
3MB, 344x203px
>>49110604
>get note from pre-cog
>shit, this must be important
>cut all my ties
>go into work the next day
>everyone laughs at me because I'm only wearing half a tie
Fucking pre-cogs, I hate them.
>>
File: 1411759776530.jpg (10KB, 200x247px) Image search: [Google]
1411759776530.jpg
10KB, 200x247px
>>49111001
>>
File: Screenshot_20160816-212136.jpg (323KB, 1260x492px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160816-212136.jpg
323KB, 1260x492px
>>49111001
kek

>she was sorry because that shit was too damn funny
>fuckin' scrub
>>
File: Panacea and Glory Girl.png (238KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
Panacea and Glory Girl.png
238KB, 600x891px
Could it be that the Dallon family all around were bad people? I mean the fact that Glory Girl was a late bloomer regarding her powers and after pinging off of Gallant she had the ability to make people around her automatically like her does kind of hint at her being at least somewhat neglected for not having any sick superpowers.
>>
>>49112152
>I mean the fact that Glory Girl was a late bloomer regarding her powers and after pinging off of Gallant she had the ability to make people around her automatically like her does kind of hint at her being at least somewhat neglected for not having any sick superpowers.
Or it could be that she thought that if the ref liked her more he wouldn't have fouled her.
>>
>>49112174
or she could just be a typical teenage girl who wants to be liked in general.
>>49112152
But seriously, the Dallons are all seriously damaged good, like most capes. Like, you've got crazy lawer Brandish, massive depressive disorder Flashbang, bag-of-neurosis Panacea, and Glory Hole.

Conversely, the Pelham family seems more-or-less together at least until half of them die to Leviathan
>>
>>49102018
High level brute, mid level mover, high level thinker, low level tinker
>>
>>49112152
> the ability to make people around her automatically like her does kind of hint at her being at least somewhat neglected for not having any sick superpowers
Powers are always affected by the parahumans own views and emotions.
For example this *could* mean that Victoria was treated differently at home for standing out but it could also mean that she only felt left out even if it isn't true. If this was the case then I could hardly even blame her, when everyone close to you gets superpowers but you don't then it seems likely for you to develop an inferiority complex, especially if you are a just a teenage girl.

But the fact that the Dallons left Victoria in an asylum despite her still being sound of mind and able to communicate with some effort points at them being a bad people
>>
>>49112259
*relatively sound of mind I mean.
She was pretty wild about Amy all the time but apart from that she seemed alright.
Though it could be that she simply was just that gross to look at, we never got a proper description how her blob evolution looked.
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 1019x784px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 1019x784px
Who would win in a fight?

Shatterbird vs purity.

Lung vs crawler.

Bitch vs hookwolf.
>>
>>49112582
Shatterbird from ambush (which she prefers) Purity in straight up final-destination style fight
Lung, probably. In theory he scales without limits, Crawler does have some known, hard limits - if Lung ramps up to the point where he can punt Crawler at escape velocity, he wins.
Hookwolf, easily. Bitch is squishy, and her amped up minions aren't immune to Hookwolf, and can't really hurt him.
>>
Any of you got any experience with playing in Worm setting?

What were your characters? Were they heroes or villains? How did they suffer and die?
>>
>>49112740

Yeah, lots of Weaver Dice. I had a guy who was a former football star, and got infected by HIV from a one-night stand. The girl deliberately infected him and other men, spread it on her blog.

So our guy gained the ability to transform into a ghostly breaker state (for a very short period of time) that paralyzed people he passed through. In return (two Power Flaws) he was uncontrollably aggressive.

So he became a supervillain who dressed like the Cenobite version of Jason Voorhes. He was an exceptionally violent individual, and fought with either an axe or a machete. Ultimately, he went looking for a medical Tinker that could fix him and got strung along by an information broker who claimed he could 'hook him up'.

This lead to a gang war, and he was framed as the hitman. The broker was killed in the process, which scuppered his last hope. So he used his power to sneak into jail, find the girl who infected him, and beat her to death with his fists. Then, knowing his days were numbered, he left town with the intention of looking for another cure.
>>
>>49112854
Damn this sounds intense, was this one of those 1 on 1 sessions that happen over at IIRC?

I should probably get around to try and find a game on there, seems like the only possible way to play Weaver Dice anyway.
>>
>>49112854
Yeah, that's pretty grim but it sounds like it must have been pretty interesting to play.
>>
>>49112917

You can go to the IIRC channel and set up a game. If you're in the America timezone, you can probably get a slot in a campaign fairly easily.

Note that this character is almost entirely randomly generated. I rolled the trigger, the channel designed his powers, and his Power Flaws were Incubus (Compelled to do something horrible in order to keep in synch with your powers) and Fight Prone (Aggressive, agitates other Shards.)

You might be luckier than I was, however! Or you might end up like Aura, arguably the most pathetic character of all time, who died begging for mercy. (Also, if you can get into Wildbow's games, that's pretty much canon.)
>>
>>49109590
No, she's in her twenties. She's just modified herself to look twelve.
>>
>>49113188
>No, she's in her twenties. She's just modified herself to look twelve.
[citation needed]

She ain't your legal loli fantasy, mate.
>>
>>49113188
Sooooo it's a bit unclear in cannon.
We know she triggered in 2005 - how old she was at time of trigger is up-in-the-air, but she had a fairly childish mentality at the time, so probably not even a teenager.
This puts her, at start of cannon, comfortably-at-or-below 18, but it is also canonical that she deliberately made herself look (and seem) younger (in order to fool/please Jack)
>>
>>49113222
Literally every mention of her in the timeskip interlude, man. Did you not read it at all?
>>
>>49113290
She was fourteen then because she spent two years hanging out in a pocket dimension, then she made herself look twelve again. Nowhere was it said she was twenty.
>>
>>49113188
She's in her late teens, not twenties
>>
>>49112740

I got one. My dude was a gangbanger who got hit by a Molotov cocktail in a fight. His buddies tried to help him, but - being dumbasses - they shot him up with amphetamines instead of narcotics just as the other side broke down the door.

He triggered twice - Once from the agony, the second time from the violent confrontation. His power was Breaker/Changer/Shaker; He could dissolve into mist and 'infect' an area, and basically manipulate the area like a poltergeist with violent effects. However, damaging the area would damage his body too, and the place became all organic so it was easy to know what to hit.

This was a really deadly power because he could make things like jagged bone spikes spear out of the ground, or spray acid blood into people's face. With his horrific new powers, he headed off to take revenge for his homies.

Ultimately he died when the enemy gang's Tinker blasted him apart with explosives, but not before he killed most of them and brought half the building down.
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-26+at+03.13.21).jpg (180KB, 557x839px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-26+at+03.13.21).jpg
180KB, 557x839px
>>49112740
Currently in one.

My character is Wendigo, a teenage girl who triggered when she got kidnapped and released in the woods to be hunted for sport by a serial killer.

Her power is to summon a gigantic Cleric-Beast-like thing with intelligence of its own. The downsides are that the beast knows nothing except cruelty, and while summoned it takes away her feelings of mercy and compassion.
>>
>>49113222
She's written to be sickening and horrifying. If you read that as titillating, that's entirely on you.
>>
>>49113028
>I rolled the trigger
Is there any kind of automatic trigger/classification generator anywhere, do you know?
>>
>>49113469
>She's written to be sickening and horrifying. If you read that as titillating, that's entirely on you.
That was what I just said, did you misquote me or something?
>>
Since we're sharing I had two pretty good games for a while but the first it the coolest I feel.

So he was a troubled kid who got sent to one of those scared straight boot camp things, so on the way they all got kidnapped by a Mexican gang and taken back to their camp where him and the other kids were tortured and used for ransom for a long time. So his trigger came when was forced to drink bleach because his parents couldn't/wouldn't pay ransom, so he triggered with a weird changer/stranger power. He was called Everyman and he could turn into a manniquinesque form that was a bit slower but real strong and he had a chest cavity he could put people in and gain random traits off them. After he triggered he helped all the orphans and got to Miami somehow and looked after them, then the game died off sadly. Sorry for wall of text.
>>
>>49113538
You were the one to bring up lolishit, sicko.
>>
>>49113557
Do you not understand bantz?
>>
>>49113510
There's a fuckhuge list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Weaverdice/comments/4dy6ws/welcome_to_weaverdice/
Scroll down to "The Trigger Sheet"
>>
>>49113580
Thanks!
>>
>>49113576
Do you?
>>
>>49113637
Better than you, obviously.
>>
>>49113650
Alrighty then. Glad we had this conversation.
>>
>>49113543
That sounds all kind of disturbing.
>>
>>49113798
Me too.
>>
>>49112644
Crawler would beat Lung. He could just fuck Lung up before he had time to scale. He's tough and regenerative, yes, but he isn't invincible, especially in his earlier stages.
>>
>>49113806
About average for Worm.
>>
>>49114191
doesn't Crawler's acid turn material into more acid?
>>
>>49114191
Crawler, wouldn't, though, he has a problem.
He's like, the most insane form of masochist ever, he's obsessed with getting hurt so he can grow stronger.
An opponent that keeps hitting harder and harder the longer he plays with him? Crawler is more-or-less incapable of letting that go, and "ending it", he'd start up slow and ramp up with Lung as long as possible because that's exactly what his psychosis demands.
"If Crawler fought intelligently" is a stupid hypothetical, because he *can't* in that situation.
>>
>>49114450
Was it ever stated what Jack's specific psychosis was, if he even had one? He's always adapting to everyone around him it makes him hard to pin down.
>>
>>49114603
Colossal ego?
>>
>>49114603
He's most likely just a really smart psychopath, aided by the power of his shard.
>>
>>49114603
Wildbow once said on some forum that Jacks backstory was that he spent most of his childhood in a bunker, his parents kept telling him over radio that the world has ended and urged him to stay inside but he managed to get out somehow.

Don't really see how this leads to a striker power, could be that his trigger was something different entirely.
>>
I may be misremembering but isn't the right with scion like a third of the story
>>
>>49114878
>Don't really see how this leads to a striker power, could be that his trigger was something different entirely.
an all consuming vengance-rage combined to form a traumatizing hatred and desire to strike the world down in general, and everyone in it in particular.
>>
>>49102047
There are parallels to be sure. Here's hoping the new system isn't as broken as the old
>>
Is it possible to bring the Worm universe out of its grimdark state?
>>
>>49115924
Not without changing Scion's ultimate mission, the nature of triggers and the nature of humans themselves.
>>
>>49115924
Yes. Mostly by waiting for the fucked up Scion shards to cease happening and by placing all the parahumans under competent normal leadership..
>>
>>49115924
yes.

it would happen faster if Accord hadn't died

and if we'd just give in to our great and mighty thinker overlord.

#BestThinker
>>
>>49115924
lots of earths aren't in grim dark zone. Aleph for example.
it's mostly Bet that's fucked to hell and back.
>>
>>49115924
it'd be easier than 40K, that's for sure
>>
Anyone know what IRC wildbow hangs out on?
>>
>>49116661
the weaver dice one, I've actually spoken to him a few times, he's chill as fuck.
>>
>>49116692
unless you're a twat. But just don't be a twat
>>
>>49116692
What's the channel name?
>>
>>49116894
#parahumans
>>
Taylor with Lung's____ power, best idea or best idea
>>
>>49117811
Already done in at least 2 fics.
>>
>>49117836
I've seen one with an almost-Lung, but I don't think I've ever seen her with the real Lung power.
>>
>>49117894
IIRC Here be dragons is one, I forget, but the point is it's been done. Almost-Lung would hardly differ from exactly-Lung.
>>
>>49117894
Look up Fury.
>>
>>49113434
Sounds like a furry edgelord.
>>
>>49118130
So do a lot of Worm capes, m8. This one is just taking notes from Burnscar.
>>
>>49118206
Still doesn't make it any less edgy or furry for that matter. Does the summon appear behind people and whisper 'Pssh, nothing personnel kid' before stabbing them through the heart?
>>
>>49118248
Obviously.
>>
Okay, so i have an idea im cooking up but i need clarification on a few things.
Did scion have any direct control over the shards? Could he command them to stop selecting people, or take them back?
>>
>>49117894
Crouching Tiger, Fury, Here Be Dragons not to mention all the not-lung-but-still-super-brute fics out there like Burn Up, The Last Daughter, and a dozen other I can't remember right now.
>>
>>49118632
Did scion have any direct control over the shards?
Not really, no. They just kinda did their own thing. It's -speculated- that the shards he'd use to control other shards (Like Taylors and Jack's) were "in circulation", which is why he couldn't
>Could he command them to stop selecting people, or take them back?
[Spoiler] Similar to above, unclear but probably not - the shards selected their hosts already using magical space whale precognition, It's unclear how they select their next host after their current one dies, and equally unclear if Sion could prevent that somehow. It's -speculated- that the shard he'd use to reclaim other shards is "in circulation" belonging to Glaistig Uaine - so if he had an easy way to do it still, he never demonstrated it.
>>
>>49118707
Good to know.
My idea is what if scion somehow came to legitimatly care about humanity. Like more than just going through the motions. It could be some type of reverse jack slash or maybe something else entirely.
I wondered how he would react. Since he basically set up the shards to bring about conflict and eventually end humanity. It honestly wouldnt be much better, as he'd probably go to extremes to try and contain the parahumans and somehow preserve mankind.
>>
>>49118646
TAYLOR NODDED
>>
>>49115924
Worm ended on a positive note((infinite untapped world's to be explored))

so yes.
>>
>>49119513
What?
>>
>>49119708
Referencing Burn Up. A fic where Taylor hates birds, and their flap flap flapping.
>>
>>49119767
specifically, she hates *flappy* birds, with their flap flap flappy flaping FLAP
>>
>>49119287
Its worth noting that Scion is an alien.
Like, really alien, with a really alien way of thinking and behaving.
It's entirely possible that, if he actually cared about humanity, he'd do exactly the same thing, since he likes conflict (for conflict's sake)
Something of a strange, magical space-whale SkyNet line of thinking - have them kill each other for their own benefit, it'll make them stronger and hence is for the best.
>>
>>49120756
Scion channeling Hunter Zolomon would be a fucking nightmare.

>Be Legend
>Come home after a long day of being an amazing hero
>Blood everywhere
>Scion's my house
>He's killed my husband, my boy
>"I'm going to make you a better hero, Legend."
>Scream
>>
So, I've read quite a bit of Worm, but I'm left with a few questions. I'm from /jcg/, and my Jumper specializes in genetics and modification of living organisms, just for reference.

What would change in the story if someone, fairly early on, gave Skitter a wall-sized, "ant farm," full of titanomyrma, prehistoric ants the size of hummingbirds, that had been modified with bullet ant DNA, as well as other relatively small prehistoric insects and arachnids, made capable of not dying in our atmosphere? Say, after Leviathan's attack, a few days after she got settled into her new base?
>>
>>49122985
>someone
Read: Panacea, if she and Taylor weren't such bitches to each other.

Still, Skitter would lose the element of surprise, as anyone can notice a FUCKHUGE ant and those ants wouldn't be able to swarm people as normal ants can.
She could use swarms of meganeurae as carriers or for shock value.
>>
>>49122985

Not much difference. Taylor uses vast quantities of bugs, to the point that the quality of the bugs don't really matter. And really, bugs of any kind are useless against Endbringers.
>>
>>49122985
The PRT would go apeship over the fact that a local supervillien may or may not be breeding herself an army of specialized bugs to take over the city with.
>>
>>49116661
#weaverdice specifically.

We're talking about you.
>>
>>49122985
It'd change things. They're far more obvious than her normal fare, and most of the enemies that bugs don't work well against aren't going to be fazed by throwing bigger bugs at it, pyrokinetics, Tinker bullshit like insecticides, zappy fields, and hermetically seaked armor, high tier Brutes. Though the psychological warfare aspect of it would terrify the utter bejesus out of everyone, and there'd be some logistical benefits for using them as carriers for her other bugs.

It'd give her a better option for dealing with something like assholes in hazmat suits, but it's not enhancing her range or bullshit information gathering. I think the biggest change would be how the PRT reacts to her, that is the sort of event which could lead them dropping the hammer.

>>49123169
That is the peak of the iceberg of the bullshit that Tay-Tay and Pan-Pan could pull off together. Relay bugs alone make her an easily S rank threat, with the capability to scour a place of life.
>>
>>49123169
>>49123226
Duly noted. I think that even bugs that big could still be used for surprise attacks with a decent bit of setup. Move them through the basement of an abandoned house and then have them flood through openings into the basement. Most basements have narrow windows, for instance, and foundation cracks after the Leviathan attack would be fairly common.

I've got access to other stuff I can shove into their genes, like actual magic that can make them immune to elemental hazards. Fire- and electricity-immune bugs with jaws made of exotic matter that can shear through the outer layers of an Endbringer's skin would be a challenge, but I could probably make it work in time for Behemoth's attack.

>>49123283
>>49123423
The PRT dropping the hammer would be the one thing I wouldn't want to happen. Probably stick to smaller ones that just have neat little perks like paralytic neurotoxins instead of their usual venom until she joins the PRT herself.

I was planning on going vigilante anyway, so getting paid for doing what I was probably going to do anyway would be fine by me, and pulling out the bullshit later would be crazy. Also, being able to study the relay bugs would be all I'd need to recreate them.
>>
>>49120756
Yeah i know. For the sake of the writing though i would have had him use a thinker esque ability to mimic human thought patterns. This would likely have something to do with why he even started giving a shit in the first place.
>>
>>49123514
>but I could probably make it work in time for Behemoth's attack.
And then he kills them all in a wave of pressure in the first ten seconds.
>>
You know those bombardier beetles that spit or pee acid on you? Imagine that, but instead of a mildly annoying acid make it sulphuric or even more powerful.

There's literally no end to the bullshit Skitter and Panacea could do.
>>
>>49123666
>There's literally no end to the bullshit Skitter and Panacea could do.
Nightmare city wouldn't even fucking describe it, Satan.
>>
>>49123514
>and foundation cracks after the Leviathan attack
Brockton Bay is in New England. Any foundation is a cracked foundation.
>>49123514
>Behemoth
Yeah, an't no natural organisms that'll do shit to any endbringer, especially Behemoth. To be able to do anything what so ever to an endbringer, you need a way to make the laws of physics sit down and shut the hell up. Hell, you need a lot of that just to get within 50 meters of Behemoth.
>>49123514
>The PRT dropping the hammer would be the one thing I wouldn't want to happen
Then maybe avoid bio-tinkering all together. Nothing scares the buhjeebus out of the PRT like things that scream Nilbog/Bonesaw.
>>
>>49123514
>The PRT dropping the hammer would be the one thing I wouldn't want to happen.
How about no bio-tinkering in the city where the PRT head is an Ellisburg survivor?
>>
>>49124795
More like not Biotinkering in a post Ellisburg USA. I mean Blasto had to basically keep himself in check because he was always a hairbreadth away from a kill order and an S Class label.
>>
>>49123758
>There's literally no end to the bullshit Panacea could do.
Skitter is only really necessary if Panacea was lazy.
>>
>>49125145
I dunno, some types of biotinkers might be tolerated in certain places. But under Emily "totally rational fear of biological-based parahumans" Piggot? You're gonna get Armsmaster busting down your door in a Dragon suit with a kill order in hand.
>>
>>49125145
blasto was too based for that world.
>>
>>49125152
Panacea can't build herself a perfect multitasking and control organ.
>>
Speaking of Blasto, why exactly did Bonesaw go all "no, not even I am that crazy" and stopped Blasto from creating an endbringer clone hybrid?
I thought Slaughterhouse 9 literally gives no fucks about such things.
>>
>>49125354
Also might not really need to, depending on her goal.
>>49125395
Bonesaw is, by a wide margin, the most balanced and forward thinking member of the nine.
>>
>>49125395
idk maybe because it was an endbriner and that's a whole other level of fucked up, was that when she started turning around as well ?
>>
>>49125152
Panacea has limits on her own, Skitter's perfect awareness, control, and coordination of creations made for her usage vastly eclipses what Panacea could pull off on her own. Her Biomancy isn't actually all that fast and she needs biomass, she'd have trouble scaling up without help, unless she just wants everyone to die or wipe out an ecosystem.

>>49125190
You could probably pull it off if you were useful enough. Either as an indie hero or rogue, if you offered them some useful services and kept any self-replication real quiet. Especially if you befriended Panacea by showing her weird cool bio stuff, it'd bolster your rep and the PRT doesn't want to lose access to her or start shit with New Wave unnecessarily.

Of course you still have to worry about being stuffed in Coil's basement, and when the Travelers come to town they'd probably drag you to meet Noelle. So smart move is to just stay out of Brockton. It's a shithole.

If you joined the PRT they'd probably stick you somewhere they can get better use out of you. Best option would probably be to join the Guild. When you're supposed to be dealing with A/S Rank threats and have Dragon's backing and oversight you're about as close to carte blanche as you get.
>>
>>49125395
Bonesaw was by herself, and so could exercise a bit more of her own judgment, instead of Jack's. She even swore after getting cut in half.

Jack would have taken one look at the Simurgh-hybrid and demanded Blasto make a full trio.
>>
>>49125228
>YWN blaze it up with your pal Rey and bang your personal Glorygirl clone.
Truly he was too good for the world.
>>
Will there be a new thread? Or is the post limit higher than 300?
>>
>>49126202
Will make it right now.
>>
>>49126163
imagine all the dank strains he could create, good lord.l
>>
>>49126267
I like to think all his plant hybrids are part marijuana, even his fungus mask.
>>
>>49126328
for sure, not to mention he actually had the balls to try and create an endbringer. Him making homunculi was cool as well.
>>
>>49126361
He didn't only have the balls to try and create and Endbringer, nobody would be giving his half as much shit if he tried this shit with Leviathan or Behemoth. But the Simurgh, the motherfucking Simurgh, he decided that we needed another one of that utter cunt.
>>
>>49126412
looked like what ever he was doing would've been able to work with more time and resources and such as well.
>>
>>49126412
I never even realized how much of an absolute madman Blasto was, at this point I would also like to point out how ready he was to die just to save the world from Bonesaw despite him being afraid of death.
>>
>>49126412
Of course he was making a waifu, he was on the border of being the first human to dick an Endbringer. Truly Kirk would be proud.
>>
>>49126478
blasto was a really cool character, just a cool guy who wants to do his science and smoke some weed. Then he got fucked with and started trying to make endbringers, what an underrated guy.
>>
Make the next thread Blasto appreciation edition
>>
>>49126587
make every day blasto appreciation day.
>>
Guess I'll make a thread then, hold on.
>>
>>49126587
>>49126636
Blasto literally did nothing wrong.
>>
NEW THREAD:

>>49126734
>>
>>49126735
oath cunt.
>>
how long till this thread dies or archives?
>>
>>49126797
Literally any moment now
>>
>>49126828
we wait for the end then and hope it's not as bad as golden morning.
>>
damn this sucka ain't going down, who is worst waifu?
>>
>>49127140
A tie between Simurgh and Damsel of Distress, Madison is underrated though.
>>
>>49127187
damsels pretty spot on but all the bullies are pretty trash tier desu
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.