[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/wodg/+/cofd/ Chronicles of The World of Darkness of the General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 16

File: Behold, My Adam.png (2MB, 1284x1662px) Image search: [Google]
Behold, My Adam.png
2MB, 1284x1662px
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/jumping-to-mars-monday-meeting-notes/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition
>poorfags
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

Today's Topic: Everyone's had a chance to look over Promethean, but has anyone actually played it yet?
>>
>>49056720
>Why would I make things easier for people who dislike me?

Because not caring what other people think of you is a sure sign you are a fucking psycho.
>>
>>49056717
>Everyone's had a chance to look over Promethean, but has anyone actually played it yet?
I'm starting a game this Sunday. It's going to be a one-on-one. I've never run Promethean in my life. I know I'm going in the deep end, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
>>
>>49056717
I'm trying to get a game together for it but my players are being mercurial and weird. Additionally I'm playing with at least one person who's known to have the attention span(and communication skills) of a cat.
>>
ITT: one of the god-machine infernal matrices makes it so everyone takes a name for 24 hours.
>>
>>49056731
>You're a fucking psycho if you don't let whiny trolls filter you
>>
Has anyone made any custom Conditions or does anyone know of a good repository of them?
My last game, they hardly came up, and I consider that a personal failing on me as the GM, and issue I plan to rectify for my next game.

However many of the conditions from the core book are far too specific or general, and I'd like to see if they are any other ones that I could use. Most specifically, in relation to gaining conditions from Exceptional Failure in Magic.

Which BTW I think is a fantastic decision.
You get an immediate beat for upgrading failure, you add further complication through a failed course of action, and you get a condition you can cash in later for additional drama and another beat.

I love conditions, I don't know why I was so apprehensive about them before.
>>
>>49056717
>anyone played?
I have a one-on-one game running over, desu it just started.
I also have a 3-player game in planning, the characters are done and Vegas will blow up
>>
>>49056854
Oh please. You claim that people have been pissed at you in excess of 10 years, just because you act like you do. And since people are still annoyed at you, I'll have to conclude that you haven't done shit to improve/fit in.
And when people say "couldn't you fucking get a trip so we don't have to see you." You smugly say no, and call THEM trolls?

Yeah. Honestly. Psycho might apply.
>>
>>49056854
>A-anyone who's sick of my presence is just a NASTY TROLL!!!
You're an unpleasant person. You hold polarizing and usually poorly justified opinions and vehemently argue with anyone on the thread who disagrees. In any thread which you are hugely active, you're EASILY 70% likely to be responsible for a derail into a massive argument. We really, really don't like you Aspel. Just get a trip already.
>>
>>49056717
I am running a solo game right now of prommie. But really I'm thinking of reading mage and running a game of that for my previous players.
>>
>>49056884
Don't forget all the screaming and whining about how other people should just go away, too. Or how much of a fit the little snownigger throws if people dare to talk about things the 'wrong way'.
>>
>>49056904
Read Mage anyway.
>>
>>49056861
I've also failed to use them, even though I've been excited about them since I first read them. I just... Forget about them in the heat of play. Though when I was playing in a hunter game I was stuck with an insomnia-like condition that became central to my character.
>>
>>49056861
>Has anyone made any custom Conditions or does anyone know of a good repository of them?
I've been thinking of making a big list of them.
Mostly I want to bring back some of the Derangements.
>>
>>49056884

To be fair, arguments are always a two way street. That said, yeah, Aspel takes the bait way too often, and even when they're right it's exhausting to read.

Anyways, enough of the drama chatter.

>>49056993

I forget, did Sanguinary Animism make it into Vampire as a Persistent Condition?
>>
>>49057085
>I forget, did Sanguinary Animism make it into Vampire as a Persistent Condition?
Don't remember, but that was one of my favourite Derangements.
>>
>>49057085
>I forget, did Sanguinary Animism make it into Vampire as a Persistent Condition?

The one where the souls of those you've fed on torment you?

Sort of. In Diablerie, you get Tainted, and whoever you ate can bother you and give you inconvenient penalties at the worst of times.
In theory.
In practice you just need to take a small amount of aggravated damage to get rid of it.
A blowtorch and a week or two in the casket will solve all diablerie issues.
>>
>>49057097
SPEAKING OF DERANGEMENTS.
When the hell are we getting more concrete rules on the downsides of low integrity? As of the immediate moment it's hilariously toothless, and I've had to start suborning derangements in order to keep my Hunter groups combat sorts from going full Spec Ops:The Line.
>>
>>49057183
I don't get why people keep saying this.
Dealing with shit like Guilty and Broken is no laughing matter, and the lower your Integrity the more likely you are to fall due to negative modifiers.
>>
>>49057214
The negative mods aren't too bad, though. They're at max -2 before other mods and unless the ST heaps penalties on the player they're sure not going to get an exceptional failure for Broken or Madness.
>>
>>49057232
You'll basically never get a dramatic failure naturally, but sometimes its tempting. The current dramatic failure system is better than before, but still not that great.
Maybe if the ST could also choose to downgrade a Failure to Dramatic, like in a lot of systems with Hero Points of Fate Points.
>>
>>49057439
I've tried a few house rules around dramatic failure, but nothing ever seems fair while still being common enough to come up in a game.

Then again, I think people who commonly play tabletops are unlikely to try a 1 in 10 chance for a single success. While the newbie I'm doing the one on one game for tried it multiple times... In combat even...
>>
>>49057439
I think the dramatic failure deal isn't the problem, it's just that...there really ought to be more severe penalties for integrity 1, and low integrity in general.
>>
>>49057178

Now all I can imagine is the underground society dedicated to cleaning up vampires who diablerie others.

>"Seven hundred dollars and a ghoul, and I'll make it look like it never even happened!"
>>
>>49057644
It's called The Sworn of the Locust.

Although they might also revel in the Tainted condition to draw out skills and stuff from their victim..
>>
>>49057644
>>49057178
Pretty sure people can still see the black veins in your aura even after the Tainted Condition is gone.
>>
File: vegas_vampire.jpg (145KB, 624x920px) Image search: [Google]
vegas_vampire.jpg
145KB, 624x920px
Hey hey hey! It's me, your all time favorite, Dr Ugly Mouth!

Now, I've been noticing how old and dusty that mega link is in the paste bin! So, I've taken it upon myself to make a new and shiny link for CofD! It's got all the WoD books you love, but will now be updated as soon as I'm able!

Please, look through the folders and see if I'm missin' anything. If I am, shoot me a link in a reply and I'll get it uploaded as soon as I can!

Happy trials!

https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK
>>
>>49057619
personally i'd probably just treat breaking point failures at integrity 1 as dramatic failures, and maybe expand the conditions list for that
>>
>>49058145
Ah, forgot the encryption key!
https://mega.nz/#F!rFIDxRRK!IEzkLlroRoPwmDqtxKRMsw
This link should work fine!
>>
>>49058256
Scholar, Gentleman, Faggot

Thanks a bunch
>>
Could you guys think of a reason for a mage to work as a reporter? (be it newspaper of tv) What tradition would it fit for a such character?
>>
>>49058373
Free council would be my first instinct.

Gotta bring the news to the people! Gotta use technology!

They would probably want a strong shadow name so they don't get zip zapped while on the air.
>>
>>49058373
Free Council using air time to slip subliminal messages to the masses too rise up.

Seers using the same tactic to oppress sleepers.
>>
>>49058458

Would it be too much like the Odin problem to take up the Shadow Name "Murrow"? "Rather" might have been a good one before the mid-2000s.
>>
Sorry. Which Tradition or Convention (M:tAs) would most closely correspond to the Free Council?
>>
>>49058562
The Traditions.
>>
>>49058562
Virtual Adepts seem the best fit!
>>
>>49058562

Virtual Adepts, Society of Ether to an extent, Akashic Brotherhood, Celestial Chorus, and Dreamspeakers could also fit in there, more so with 2e's Free Council.
>>
>>49058526
Yeah, I mean how many reporter mages can there be? Could backfire pretty hard unless you obscure it a little more.
>>
>>49058790

On the other side of the coin: Iteration X, Progenitors, and Void Engineers could also have a place in the Free Council, though maybe not exactly as presented for the first two.
>>
>>49058823

Fair point, plus it probably looks way too pretentious. Calling yourself "Brokaw" would probably lead to more snickering than respect.
>>
>>49056717
>Aspel is the one who made the new thread
>He's one who messes up the OP
Step up, Aspel
I thought it was just Fagness all this time

>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing

>Demon
https://mega.nz/#F!3ElwBRpK!pC3J0VfZr2wnUSCuRcDj_w

>The Pack
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF
>V20 Ghouls and Revenants
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf
>>
>>49058145
Oh, thank god we're finally getting our own trove, sort of
I guess that means this post was sort of unnecessary>>49058881

Anywho, at a glance you're missing The Primordial Feast(Beast's fiction anthology), Book of the Deceived(Mummy), Guildhalls of the Deceived(Mummy), Sothis Ascends(Mummy), Vampire 2e(You've got Blood and Smoke, but iirc the proper 2e book has some stuff that Blood and Smoke didn't), Werewolf 2e, and The Pack(Werewolf)

There's probably other stuff for Mummy; I know I'm missing a couple of books
>>
>>49059068
Gotcha, I'll see if I can hunt them down.
>>
>>49059068
missing mortal remains from hunter
>>
>>49059068

Entire Mummy line at the moment is:

Core Rulebook
Guildhalls of the Deathless
Book of the Deceived
Lore of the Decieved
Sothis Ascends
Necropolis: Washington DC
Mummy Ready Made Characters
Curse of the Blue Nile (Mummy Fiction Anthology)
Dreams of Avarice
That one compilation of the three adventures in Guildhalls, Book, and Sothis whose name escapes me.

The Mummy Novel and Necropolis: Rio are forthcoming, and should bring the 1e line to a close.
>>
>>49059197
On it.
>>
>>49056717
Here is a question,

Does specialities that are not true can be taken?
For instance Occult(UFO sightings) in a setting where UFOs don't exist. Can this be taken?
>>
>>49059268
Generally up to the ST but you are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to not take specialties that will never, ever come into play anyway.
>>
>>49059268

There's no rule against it, but as an ST I wouldn't allow it unless the player was insistent, because you can't actually get good at something that doesn't exist.

The UFO conspiracist who "knows a lot" about aliens who don't exist doesn't actually *know* anything in a way that's measurable by the system, anymore than a fan of Lord of the Rings would have to take Academics to know the fictional history of Middle Earth.
>>
>>49059352
Not entirely true, you can totally have specialties in stuff that you don't actually know, but you should frame it as such. Alien conspiracy theories as opposed to aliens and the like.
>>
>>49059268
Or
Politics(Conspiracy)
Surely the character and his extensive knowledge on the Lizard People will not come in handy, but can he use it later on when the real conspiracies with vampire societies and whatnots are revealed?
So, can you define a broad speciality and then use it for something else or do you have to define it specifically?
Politics(Lizard People Conspiracy)
vs.
Politics(Conspiracy)
My reasoning is that to follow up a conspiracy you need to delve into knowledge and keep tabs on lots of people and corporations etc. Real conspiracy theorist do that a lot so they can use that knowledge base for any other conspiracy if they turned out to be real.
Someone going through images and writing to spot a Lizard Lord can use the same methods to spot a Vampire Lord. Instead of looking for Lizard signs you look for vampire related signs.

tl;dr Can I take Politics(Conspiracy) or do I have to focus on a specific branch Politics(Lizard People Conspiracy)?
>>
>>49059434
That level of differentiation is up to you, honestly.
I'd probably place Conspiracy, in the context of 'looking for the truth', under Investigation, though, myself.
Or maybe take that merit that lets you use it for multiple abilities.
>>
how the fuck do I get started with VTM? I've been reading the v20 rulebook and eveything is summarized so faintly. What should I read besides the rulebook. There are so much shit to read I don't even know where to even start.
>>
Can a kindred remain active without their head in VtR? A player soaked a tilted headshot with resilience and I'm not sure what happens next.
>>
>>49059561

Kindred who lose their head die, I'm pretty sure.
>>
Is it legal to buy diamonds with no registration because they come from the pre-blood diamond time?
>>
>>49059561
Wouldn't he just negate the damage? If it still lopped off his head, he's dead as shit.
>>
>>49059561
If he soaked it, the tilt isn't applied.
If he didn't soak it completely, he's probably just Stunned.
If he didn't soak it at all, and it did enough damage to fill his last health box with Lethal, then he's headless and dead.
>>
>>49059635
My understanding is that resilience doesn't actually prevent injury in a superman 'skin of steel' way, but injuries simply don't cause wounds. You still take the cosmetic damage along with logical impairments (in this case becoming dead as shit)
>>
>>49059697
Ah, in that case I'd assume something like a gash along his neck which looks quite severe and would(To a human) likely be lethal, but for him? Probably not a problem.
>>
Can someone explain what's the point of Dodging is? You double your Defence and roll it as a pool, which on average makes you effectively cut it down by about 2/3rds, since you need approximately 3 dice to have 1 success.

Is it just bait or meant for risking? Because it's pretty much never worth it.
>>
>>49059744
Yeah but every success removes one from your attacker. It's a nice way to fuck someone using Steadfast to strike you with a chainsaw, for example.

And it's a neat little mechanic for supernatural powers to hook off of
>>
>>49059686
Addendum: It has to do at least as much damage as his Size to apply Stunned
>>49059697
>You still take the cosmetic damage along with logical impairments (in this case becoming dead as shit)
That requires that enough damage is done to actually impose the injury anyways. Unless he actually took as much damage as his Size, he's probably at most got a cut on his neck; if he took that much damage, he's got a larger cut, but his head still isn't severed.
>>49059744
It's meant to be used when your normal Defense won't apply, and you know for a fact that you don't want to be on the receiving end of a successful hit; for risking, as you put it.
It's also the only way for most people to defend against Firearms.
>>
>>49059744

It seems like it's supposed to be a high risk/high reward method of avoiding damage. It honestly feels like dodging is there to just have some kind of active damage avoidance combat option.
>>
Is Juggernaut's Gait the single greatest indicator of imminent player death in the setting?

I've yet to have a player go more than three sessions after getting it without enacting some retarded plan that involves them running into a burning building or dragging some elder into a sunroom
>>
Does anyone have experience running mixed chronicles?

I've got three people who want to be different spooks but I don't know how badly the CoD books mesh together, or whether the mage player will just trivialize everything
>>
>>49059978
>Mixed game
Hey I have experience running those they're pretty fun and everyone get to-

>Mage player
Abandon ship buddy.
>>
>>49059978
Well it can work as long as people work together and there's no M-
>or whether the mage player will just trivialize everything
Shit son, it's over
>>
>>49060026
>>49060029
I-it's fine, I'll just make him play a mummy.
>>
>>49060157
I'll be honest, it'll probably be less game-breaking. Not even joking
>>
>>49060157
It's better for you anon. Mages are just too versatile to be fun in a crossover game
>>
>>49060294
Would making them buy individual rotes instead of arcana dots balance it?
>>
I don't understand when a spell is Lasting and when not. For example, Are objects created with Ex Nihilo or spirits created with Birth Spirit Lasting?
>>
>>49060157
>>49060212
>>49060294
>Mage would start at Gnosis 1, and just be versatile in a few categories
>Mummy would start at Sekhem 10, and be able to stomp any situation you put them in
consider carefully senpai
>>
>>49059838
>Is Juggernaut's Gait the single greatest indicator of imminent player death in the setting?
When we were infiltrating a vampire's haven we had to split up. My woof makes too much noise killing a ghoul, runs to take care of the other two. One's in the next room dialing a phone (alerting the elder), the other has a shotgun (silver bullets) and is aiming it at me.

5 harmony, could change reflexively to wolf and interrupt, but interrupt phone and get shot, gunman and get reinforcements (fuck up the rest of the plan)

Very tenseaffair
>>
>>49060329
You just gotta construct the encounters carefully and with subtlety.

>Tonight our intrepid heroes face the might of the Marauder and his equally worthy allies, BP1 draugr and agitated river spirit.
>>
>>49059227
Well, I managed to find everything but Sothis Ascends and Curse of the Blue Nile!

>>49059068
Can't seem to find Primordial Feast!
>>
>>49059227

Don't forget one chapter in Dark Eras, and two more in the Companion.
>>
>>49060597
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1pn6uhchzgdv4bw/Mummy_the_Curse_-_Sothis_Ascends.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ksagixv01z4yjma/The_Primordial_Feast.pdf
There you go
I don't have Curse of the Blue Nile
>>
>>49060671
Much obliged!
>>
>>49060680

I know where we are, but I'm still gonna gently suggest you buy some of the Mummy stuff if you wind up liking it. It's arguably the most niche line in the CofD and I'd like OPP to see any sales it can get so that it doesn't get written off for future content.
>>
>>49060824
Maybe if I have some spare cash next pay day!
>>
>>49060658

I was going by whole books, as opposed to appearances.
>>
File: 1451098039570.jpg (24KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451098039570.jpg
24KB, 282x400px
I've thought of more backstory for my Scion of Ghost of Rabbit. Spoilered if you don't care about Scion or me talking about my character.

Grew up to a single Mexican mother in lower class outside of a reservation in a shitty apartment in Tucson, she's a sweetheart but pretty not smart so just told him his background is "native" and doesn't know his father; only thing he has to remember him by is a lucky rabbit foot. Grew up speaking Spanish and English and his formative years were relatively trouble free, but he did always have a penchant for trying to rile people up—particularly authority figures or older students. Got in a few fights, but hey what can you do. Did some sports, kissed some girls, worked some shitty jobs in high school. Relatively normal life. Got what he thinks is a husky/irish wolfhound mix dog.

Took a gap year when he graduated, researched family tree, went to a bretty gud university on native american scholarship for a communications or business degree. Keeps in contact with his mother with weekly letters they write back, he tries to send her some money because he's an enabler. Comes home to his apartment one day junior year to see a Wendigo munching on his room mate, fight ensures, bam visitation.

I'm thinking his primary personality traits are a well-meaning charismatic man that has aggressive tendencies. doesn't like when he feels that he's not in charge of a situation. need to work on that a bit more.

yes or no? that sound groovy? just bare bones stuff so far.

like comment subscribe
>>
>>49060824
Well I must admit I was put off from the moment they told me "Players cannot know what the fuck's going on because the game's virtually playable only once."

I'm exagerating, but still, it's the only fuckin' game divided in a Player's book and an ST one. Shot themselves in the foot pretty hard by doing that
>>
>>49059978
Crunchwise they mesh together fine. Fluff wise there can be problems. A lot of the motivation for cofd characters is fitting into their respective society. So it can be difficult to keep characters from acting like murder hobos if you don't have that 'monster society' running in the background.
>>
>>49061171

Everyone just reads it anyway and agrees to hot metagame.

>only playable once

What, did you run out of history to play around in?
>>
>>49061154

It's definitely a character. All you've really tokd is us is his ethnic background, that he chafes under authority, and that he's had an incredibly normal life. What does he care about? How does he feel about the revelation of his divine heritage? Give us something to sink our teeth into.
>>
>>49061446
I've only been thinking about him a few hours, I'm hashing out more of the details while I'm at work.

>incredibly normal life

Is that a bad thing for him do you think? Should I change it up?
>>
>>49061821

Definitely not - it beats "he's a Navy SEAL and an orphan" any day of the week - but I'm just saying there's not a ton of room for discussion in the thread to jump off from there.

He sounds cool, and any Scion who isn't Theoi or Aesir is a good thing in my eyes.
>>
File: 2421885-geese_ffsougeki.jpg (680KB, 1845x1707px) Image search: [Google]
2421885-geese_ffsougeki.jpg
680KB, 1845x1707px
How would you stat him in CofD? I'm leaning towards Mage myself, but I'm open to suggestions.
>>
>>49061865
Did zeus or loki touch you in a nono place? Show us on the doll.
>>
>>49062130
Let's be real, it was probably Zeus
Zeus's dick is the cause of 90% of Greek mythology
>>
>>49061171

It makes sense when you consider that the Player book and the ST book were intended to be sold separately. You can see the remains of this concept, as there's a version of Mummy on sale at DTRPG that's just the player's section, and a "Virtual Box Set" that's basically just the corebook in three separate PDF files.

I assume this concept died as soon as someone told OPP "you know that the only people who actually get away with this is WotC, right?"

>>49061402

There's a clear storyline in mind for a basic Mummy campaign that involves discovering the possibility of the Mentaar and trying to actually make it happen. The Avarice Chronicle actively tries to set this up. Thus the fear that once the ST finally plays their hand, there's no more reason to play Mummy anymore, since the players know what's "really" going on. I don't really see that feat as being well founded myself, since there's plenty of content to do with Mummy besides that, but I understand why it's there.
>>
>>49062130

They're not bad, just overexposed. I get a little tired of seeing Norse stuff appropriated by skinheads, too.
>>
I want Sumerian Scions, man. I want to make a Scion of Ninurta who revels in fighting and hangs out with a talking mace.
>>
>>49062186
>>49062379

This Scion Kickstarter better get here soon so I can make the general already
>>
>>49062379

I think they'll be in Demigod, alongside the Polynesian and Inuit gods?
>>
if only there was a scion forum that developers and writers post in and talk to people getting hyped about the game
>>
>>49062449

But that would involve using the OPP forums, and I hear those are filled with cooties.
>>
>>49062449

I'll make a general once the Kickstarter goes up.
>>
>>49062449
why would i use dev forums
i wouldn't be anonymous
>>
>>49056904
You know we don't want to play Mage. Just wait for Changeling
>>
>>49058373
Silver Ladder - Supporting worthy causes, keeping tabs on the rich and powerful
Guardians of the Veil - Veil management, supporting or suppressing cults, causing noise to hide Mage slip-ups
Mysterium - Trashy tabloids as Mystery detectors
>>
>>49056904
Mage PoD when!
>>
>>49058373

Are you playing Ascension or Awakening?
>>
>>49060317
Birth Spirit's primary factor is Duration (from the errata), so it's not Lasting by default. Can it be bumped to Lasting with 2 Reach? It's a mystery.
>>
>>49062030
No thoughts on this fine gentleman? That's a shame. I guess he's a fine Mage villain.
>>
>>49063131
Expecting /tg/ to know geese was your first mistake
>>
>>49063337
Yea... Double Pretzels motions are intimidating.
>>
>>49062933
How weird would it be to run that without the sad kid?
>>
>>49063428
We never see him anymore anyway, so who cares? The hardest part is convincing our guy traumatized by Genius to play Changeling again.
>>
>>49063477
And that is why I try to make sure no one pays genius again.
>>
>>49063541
Care to explain how you traumatized someone out of Changelings by playing Genius?
>>
>>49063558
Neither of us did anything, for the record. We are blameless, as we have always been.

But our friend decided to try Changeling with a different group. Made a changeling, showed up, ready to go. Some other guy arrived with a mage, okay, whatever. Two fuckers with Genius characters roll in and proceed to make the game all about them and about their steampunk-and-swords high combat adventures while friend twiddles his thumbs with his social changeling he made for an advertised-as-social-changeling game. Now he hates CtL.
>>
>>49063600

Your friend's kind of an idiot.
>>
>>49063600
Wow. That sucks. Fuck those guys (also, the ST was beta as fuck for accepting all of these non-changelings in a changelings game)
>>
>>49063600
>mixing fan game lines in normal games without warning
wew
>>
>>49063600

Crossover: not even once.

Seriously though, good lord. I think at this point you have to run a good Changeling game, because that's...no person should ever have to live with that being their only experience with the game for the rest of their lives.

Friends don't let friends be traumatized by fansplats.
>>
>>49063657
I mean even a moderate game would be better than this bullshit.
>>
>>49063600

Fun fact: my first CofD game was Geist, and I played a Changeling because we didn't know any better.

It worked out okay enough, but I don't suggest crossover for the average group, let alone newbies. Folks always worry about balance, but my main concern is thematic drift; most of the gamelines have pretty distinct themes that get muddy when you run them all together.
>>
>>49063624
He has accepted that he blamed the wrong thing, but yeah, it was dumb of him.

>>49063637
I think the Geniuses were friends with the ST, so things snowballed way out of control behind the scenes before the game even started. Typical internet circlejerk type stuff.

>>49063657
I don't like running games with high level politics, which is why I mostly run PTU, but TWST does a good job with it so hopefully we can get it on the table. Now that Promethean is a functional game, maybe we can play that instead, since I also like the idea of Prom.

>>49063730
We did a minor template crossover game that was pretty fun, but yeah, I wouldn't recommend crossover unless you know exactly what you're doing.
>>
>>49062186
Half of my players went with Theoi by independent selection and I built a test PC just for fun who was one. I'm sorry for disappointing you.
>>
>>49063730
>>49063657
Aren't they making a cross-over book?
>>
>>49063831

Yes, and it's going to be garbage.

You just can't stuff more than MAYBE two gamelines together before everyone's so diluted that you're playing superficially different versions of a line or, worse, Goth Superfriends.
>>
>>49063831
Yes, we're kind of hoping that it's basically a unified cosmology without mages or beasts anywhere in it.

Also maybe some tools and stuff but who cares
>>
>>49063730
>Folks always worry about balance, but my main concern is thematic drift; most of the gamelines have pretty distinct themes that get muddy when you run them all together.

Yeah I'm in a game that is everyone being a different splay because the GM wanted to do some kind of weird Seinfeld joke as a serious game. It is fun, but we basically default to territorial intrigue and monsters that cross boundaries as main arcs, and it is hard to tease out any unique themes from that.

Its a fun game but it really isn't as good thematic darkness as any of the individual games should be about. I think it also comes from the GM getting his start in the heyday of gauru drum circles and vampire superheroes of the 90s WoD and having a hard time doing serious but I don't want to say that to his face because it would be super rude
>>
>>49063824

So long as you did something interesting (i.e. not a Scion of Ares who is always angry or a Scion of Zeus who throws lightning and does nothing else), you're fine. It just feels like a waste to focus on the one group of gods we see the most in Western media and education when there are so many other interesting alternatives.

Scion is gonna be the excuse I have to finally learn about Japanese and Indian mythology, and I'm fairly sure 90% of the folks reading the book aren't Algonquian culture experts.

>>49063831

I have high hopes for it, as they've said the bulk of the book isn't going to be mechanics but instead plot hooks and advice for merging themes.
>>
>>49063935
>i.e. not a Scion of Ares who is always angry
I made a Scion of Ares to test out the 2e char gen who is basically Mad Max, a road warrior seeking meaning in his own life. He does beat things up as needed but that isn't his main attribute. I'm not sure if I'm going to play him, since I don't generally do GMPCs but also really want to fuck around with PC stuff in the playtest too
>>
>>49063935
Can I be a scion of Zeus who just charms/rapes everything in his path? Would it be more interesting to you than just throwing lightning?
>>
>>49063756
Prommie does seem pretty functional. Jesus I can't imagine writing milestones for a large party though. It was rough enough for the one character.
>>
>>49063935
One time I played Scion, I played a Scion of Hekate, who was adopted by her, since Apollo didn't want him. He got a predilection for magic and Fate from both sides that way.

>>49064081
I think you're supposed to get the players to help with that, and then you can do focus episodes.
>>
>>49063886
Crossovers and themes are fine as long as you can create a new theme for the games being crossed over.
>>
>>49063831

Yep. It's gonna be really weird.
>>
>>49064090
I can already see the focus episodes.

'Gay Frankensteins in love'
"When many parts come together"
>>
>>49064284
Followed up by 'snikt'
"That time he shanked a guy."
>>
>>49062030
Seeks like a fairly standard Martial Artist Obrimos Arrow, or ex-Arrow apostate.
Perhaps an initiate of the Perfected Adepts who went rogue.
>>
>>49064492
Yea, that's what I thought. He really does fit great in Mage.
>>
>>49058881
>>He's one who messes up the OP
Actually, it's because I just copied the pastebin when I should have checked it; several threads ago I created a new Pastebin that had everything I've got shared *in* the Pastebin instead of filling the first post.

>>49060212
>>49060026
>>49059978
>>49060157
I really wish people would stop pushing this narrative that a Mage character will break a mixed game. I mean, yes, a Mage can do a lot, but they are incredibly restricted in what kind of things they can do and how well they can do them. People think of any hypothetical Mage as if they're dealing with a tenth degree Master, or at least a tenth degree Adept. Your individual Mage is probably not going to be the best thing ever. Chances are, he'll end up forgetting half of what he can do anyway. In a major crossover, I'd frankly be more concerned about how Vampire characters aren't going to be awake at the same time as anyone else.

Everything I just said aside: Don't run a crossover game, especially if you're new to CofD. And definitely don't run a 1e Mummy with 2e splats.
>>
>>49064492
I never played these games. Would he fit as a Praetorian?
>>
>>49063730
>Folks always worry about balance, but my main concern is thematic drift; most of the gamelines have pretty distinct themes that get muddy when you run them all together.
My concern about balance is less about who does more damage and more about who has more agency. I just watched a retrospective on why Fallout 3 is bad, for instance, and it talks about how you the player never drive the plot, it's always your dad or Lyons or anyone else. During the climax, you follow Liberty Prime and the Brotherhood and the challenge in the game becomes getting a kill in. No one wants to feel along for the ride.

>>49063886
I imagine they'll basically talk about it in terms of one or two splats at a time, with maybe some Mirrors style shards that allow for bigger crossover "let's just play D&D with monster races" style stuff.

>>49063901
Maybe that's what you're hoping. I'd rather the developers not be lazy just because certain splats make you butthurt.
>>
>>49065111
The praetorian are all about the butchery of the masses by the horror of war, and controlling people by fear of violence.
They are more generals than warriors.
>>
File: Pilgrimage Chart.png (2MB, 1254x1627px) Image search: [Google]
Pilgrimage Chart.png
2MB, 1254x1627px
Gimme some feedback on this.

Also, anyone know how to turn this into a fillable form PDF? As is you basically have to take it into Paint or whatever to fill it out.
>>
>>49065350
It's great. Stealing this
>>
>>49065256
>My concern about balance is less about who does more damage and more about who has more agency.

I'm the guy from the mixed game with the GM who literally started it as a joke that snowballed, and your comment actually hits pretty on the nose. The thematics that come through strongest are often from PCs who have the most freedom to act on their own initiative. That's actually a pretty valid interpretation you've got there.
>>
>>49066092
Well, I'm trying to make sure it's accurate and shows what it needs to show before it gets put to use.

>>49066135
This is why people are concerned about things like Mages, really. A Mage could theoretically do anything, and if you're clever, there's even more you can do (I once broke open a lock as a Death focused Moros by shoving tangible shadows into it). Like I said, every Mage won't be able to do everything, but there's still this assumption that even starting Mages can do ridiculous things. And, it's true, they kind of can. But what really matters is their impact on the *plot*.

This is also why people are concerned with things like Beasts, and their ability to shoot Aggravated dragon breath. A lot of conflict in Chronicles of Darkness really can be solved with violence. But people tend to overlook things like Dominate. I think the more reasonable approach is to make problems that can be solved in that way less common; i.e. both having long lasting social consequences.

"Balance" isn't everyone being able to dish out cool amounts of damage. Balance is being useful.

That said, I think running combat scenes with noncombat characters (to give the combat characters a chance to shine) is a difficult skill. If the scholar gets attacked and his bodyguard steps in, the scholar's character doesn't often have many options besides hiding, and that's a bit boring for what should be a tense situation. I find that players don't mind spotlighting scenes for other characters, but combat tends to be the most time consuming part of any game.
>>
>>49065350
>Reposting this to clear some stuff up
It's taken me far too long to figure this out:

When the character is created, the player and ST work together to determine TEN ROLES that the player must complete. THIS is known as the character's Pilgrimage (as opposed to the trait, or the general concept). These are, for the most part, the only Roles that "count" towards your completion. Each one is a guaranteed Superlative Milestone, which means it increases your Pilgrimage trait and gives a full Vitriol. You can complete the New Dawn with ONLY 8 Roles across two Basic and two Complex Refinements, but doing so means you'll be rolling at a -2 penalty, and your human self will have an Integrity of 4 and be plagued by nightmares of some horrible past that he escaped.

"Completing" a Refinement means meeting the Milestone of at least one Role from that Refinement. If you complete the last two Roles on your Pilgrimage over the minimum 8, you'll roll without a penalty for New Dawn. If you complete Refinements over the minimum four, you'll have a better life as a human (possibly keeping one of your Alembics and gaining the Unseen Sense: Prometheans merit, or gaining 5 dots of Social Merits and forgetting your Promethean life to remember the human life created for you). Roles outside of your Pilgrimage (the ten predetermined Roles) don't count towards your Pilgrimage, but they do allow you to use more Alembics while in that Refinement's Roles, serve as minor Milestones at the very least, and DO count towards getting you a better New Dawn.

i.e. my Pilgrimage doesn't contain Cuprum or Aes, but I complete the Watcher and Servant roles anyway. These don't help me further my Pilgrimage directly, but because I've completed two more Refinements that make my New Dawn better.
>>
>>49060315
If you vetted the fuck out of the Rotes, maybe. There's always telling them to play with the Witch Finder Hunter rules or very harsh restrictions on the things they can do with Improv Magic and no Rotes, just Attainments.
>>
>>49063886
Hey, Goth Superfriends got me laid on numerous occasions in the oWoD days.
>>
>49066541
Jesus, how old are you?
>>
>>49060294
Have you ever actually played Mage, or Mage in crossover?
>>49060315
>>49066485
>Let's get rid of the unique part of the splat to balance it
>>
>>49066650
It is only one of the unique parts.

I mean, mage has a TON of unique parts. Including:
crossplay of powers to create better powers
enhancing powers on the fly
making up effects based on themes of powers
Making powers a rote action

Taking away one of those doesn't really cut into all they can do.
>>
>>49065350

It's pretty much ready to go. Good work, Aspel.
>>
>>49066730
>Making powers a rote action
That's not unique at all and barely rates. The others are basically part of the same thing. Mage is *about* flexibility and creativity. Balancing Mage doesn't require you to gut Mage of its selling points, it just requires you keep in mind what its systems are actually like.

Spell control, Practices, Gnosis derived limitations, these are all things that make Mages a lot less demigod than people imagine.
>>
>>49066815
Withstand too.
It's all well and good to say "oh, but with an exceptional success", but the fact of the matter is, you're either chaining effects together, relying on one of your view praxes, or just pumping your dice pool really high and hoping.
>>
How can we make these games more inclusive? CotD is so racist and that's problematic
>>
>>49066957
Go home anon, you're bait.
>>
>>49066957

Indeed, I too believe that many Comments of the Day on Counterstrike servers have too many negative things to say about race.
>>
Anyone willing to share Mummy: Curse of the Blue Nile and Tales of Dark Eras?

Thanks.
>>
File: I know this is bait and yet....webm (3MB, 1075x600px) Image search: [Google]
I know this is bait and yet....webm
3MB, 1075x600px
>>49066957
>>
>>49066957
I know, I can't believe Catch of the Day.
That shopping website needs to be more inclusive.
Not everyone has the privilege to shop on cheap days.
>>
So I'm thinking about sending a Celebrant of Shulpae after my VtR players who have gotten a little overconfident against humans.

What's something clever I can do with this. Right now I'm basically just thinking along the lines of 'vampire is surprised to find his meal has 5 dots of vigor and snaps his arm in half'.
>>
>>49067757
Have her punch him in the face so hard she breaks his fangs.
Both disabling a potent weapon, and humiliating him.
>>
>>49067757
A good group of hunters are a great way to cleanse overconfidence. You think you are hot stuff, then realize you've been getting stalked by a hunter cell for a while and now your mistakes are going to cause you're group... At the least, and it only gets worse.
>>
https://youtu.be/inqdiNVzQcc

RIP
>>
>>49066650
>Have you ever actually played Mage, or Mage in crossover?

Did you? Because every time a mage was in a crossover it ruined everyone's fun from my experience (and before you ask, yes, I've played in two mage games and STed one)
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/25-years-of-masquerading-monday-meeting-notes/

New Monday Meeting Notes. Basic updates:

>Grand Masquerade is this weekend, OPP people will be there

>New First Drafts

VtM Beckett’s Jyhad Diary (Stretch Goal Content)

GtS Geist 2e core
>>
>>49068429
>oWoD shit

Spare me
>>
>>49068496

Expect a lot more oWoD news after this weekend. There's no way there isn't a big announcement about One World of Darkness by this time next week. I'm betting they announce whose going to make the new VtM video game.
>>
>>49068406
Were you taking into account the limitations of the splat? Sure, Mages are multitools, but most Mages aren't going to be able to do more than one or two things at a time.
>>
>>49068598
What limitations are you talking about? Non-existent paradox? Spell number limitation? Because they didn't stop shit
>>
>>49068682
Tell your ST to give you something that the Mage can't do, then
It's super fucking easy.
Acanthus? Give them a wildfire.
Mastigos? Give them a robot.
Moros? Give them a spirit.
Obrimos? Give them a ghost.
Thyrsus? Give them a goetia.
>>
Can anybody tell me why I should care about 2nd edition anything? Is Onyx Path any good? I don't play any WoD games but Changeling, and frankly I like it how it is, save for glamour gathering.
>>
>>49068682
Are you talking about 1e? I mean, I played a 1e Mage and I never felt like I could do absolutely everything.
In 2e that's definitely lessened. You can only have spells up equal to your Gnosis, anything not Roted tends to at the very least cut it close when it comes to Reach, Yantras beyond the first add turns of casting and especially for Creative Thaumaturgy you want more dice to spend on Spell Factors. There's also Withstand. Even a Master is going to tend to want to increase Potency for any spell that's Withstood, since the Withstand flat out nullifies Potency equal to it.

>>49068745
I feel that the "all enemies are Constructs, your Sneak Attack has no effect" method of problem solving is something that should be used sparingly. People picked those character types because they wanted to focus on those things.
But not every problem is solved by Dominating someone or something.

In fact, I'd like to hear just HOW Mages ruined specific Chronicles, to point out how to do differently in the future.
>>
>>49068817

>Is Onyx Path any good?

They're mostly the same people from pre-CCP shut down White Wolf, so it all depends on how you feel about regular White Wolf.

> I don't play any WoD games but Changeling, and frankly I like it how it is, save for glamour gathering.

Then you're good, just keep playing that. Upgrading to 2d isn't really mandatory.There is a Changeling 2e in playtest, though, so if you want, you can check out the rule set for that and see what you think: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9HTbTc08O4IdnZwTExxOFVyM1RiMjdiU0NqU2hpX2NUVmRr/view
>>
>Chapter Six: The Monster
SHIT IS GETTING REAL
>>
>>49068821
Thinking about it, the mage was always an Obrimos (no matter the game or the player) and that caused problems because they could:
-Stop noises, that helps with stealth
-Throw lightning bolts
-Instantly hack any computer (including high security doors)
-Perfect lie detection
-Flying
-Supernatural detection

I mean, I get the whole point of Mage being versatile, but when 2 arcana allows you to fulfill every role in a party composition, it kinda sucks. Big time.
>>
>>49068948
I don't really think being able to alter electricity should help you hack things...
Perfect lie detection wasn't even a thing until 2e.

None of those are things that would invalidate the rest of the group (also, throwing lightning bolts is a terrible idea, and flying is more difficult than its worth)
>>
>>49068931
Thanks, I'm going to give it a look. Maybe they will fix harvesting.
>>
>>49069019
>I don't really think being able to alter electricity should help you hack things...
Well that's what happens when you give a liberal powerset about electricity to a bunch of programmers.
>None of those are things that would invalidate the rest of the group
Maybe I just had a shit ST every time. I'm pretty sure 2nd edition could solve a lot of these problems
>>
>>49068931
>>49069020
>>49068817
What are your problems with Harvesting? The current 2e rules are essentially the same as far as I can tell, though the ones that I keep seeing passed around aren't the most up to date. DavidH released a better version of Harvesting after everyone complained, where you only take 1 WP from your target and the Reticent Condition only happens if you use a special Contract that lets you Reap from other Changelings and fucks everyone up.

Frankly, I like most of the changes, though. One of the goals seems to be making Changelings less... wallowing in misery. Seeming is the most controversial change, but it's now about how you escaped and how you're no longer a slave, as opposed to the primary mark of your enslavement.
>>
>>49069137
That's really unconnected to the changes.
In fact the thought that your best friend could sell you out to a Huntsman, who are immortal and unrelenting is actually a lot creeper than any of the positives we get from Seeming being a positive relation to your escape from your durance.
>>
>>49069297
That should be "is likely to sell you out to save his own skin".
Damn Huntsmen and their tokens.
>>
>>49069137
>Frankly, I like most of the changes, though. One of the goals seems to be making Changelings less... wallowing in misery. Seeming is the most controversial change, but it's now about how you escaped and how you're no longer a slave, as opposed to the primary mark of your enslavement.
the GM for my group took a bit of a different take on it.
He focused more on the trauma and change as a metaphor for growing up.
"You were a child when you were taken, when you got back you're no longer a child."

So a lot of our groups flaws were our failures at being an adult. Like inability to make relationships work, have any sort of healthy stability, building a life for ourselves.

That plus justified fear of the fae.
>>
Does the '5 points of damage' specified in the rules for a Heart Shot have to be lethal or can they be bashing?

In this intro session my martial artist character is being made to fight a vampire to prove they're worthy of being embraced; I just landed a 5 damage heart shot on him and I kind of want to fuck up the GM's story from the get-go by 'accidentally' killing my intended sire.
>>
>>49069511
>KALI MA!!
>>
>>49069511
Rules of vampire damage dictate it has to be bashing here based on the source. Sorry, anon. He's fine, unless your shot was on fire or magically infused.
>>
>>49068429
Travis Says Geist is already nearly complete with it's first drafts already (but apparently the game has already been in planning for 2 years at least)

Update from him in the onyx path forums, neither abmortals nor ghosts are listed in the antagonists section, but two [redacted] antagonists are which are creepy and creepier. Also to beware the ghosts that wear masks.
>>
>>49069137
The problem with Harvesting was that one type (emotions) was inherently much better than any other type.
>>
>>49068745
>Acanthus? Give them a wildfire.
>Mastigos? Give them a robot.
>Moros? Give them a spirit.
>Obrimos? Give them a ghost.
>Thyrsus? Give them a goetia.

Mages of a given Path are more than capable of dealing with effects or beings related to their Inferior Arcana, it is simply accomplished a little less directly. There's more than one way to skin the proverbial supernatural cat with different Arcana.

If the best a ST can do is things like throw ghosts at Obrimos and other trivial and narratively blunt instruments, it's almost a explicit concession about the inherent versatility and power level of mages.

In any event, as a general matter, I believe mages are easily capable of being part of mixed / crossover groups in terms of power level or combat prowess. The only area where I find them a little problematic is mages ability to gather and discern information with all Arcana at the lowest levels, as well as inherent abilities like peripheral, active and focused mage sight. A difficult, chronicle long mystery for many splats is often little more than an average Tuesday afternoon for a mage.
>>
>>49069550
Or wooden; the heart basically has 4/0 armour to stake it and, what, a -5 penalty?

>>49069621
>I wasn't hired to be a Geist writer
;_;

>>49069622
Eh. I feel like it should be.
>>
>>49069835
It's not intended to stump them, it's intended to be something they can't just snap their fingers and be done with, so the rest of the group has a chance to do something
>>
>>49069887

I feel your pain man, I would have liked to have been on board myself. Seems like they already had things in the works for quite a while though, even Dave said he was surprised it wasn't formally announced last year's gencon as well. Guessing that it might possibly actually come out before Hunter 2e.
>>
>>49069975
I doubt it, but I won't say I wouldn't be pleased if that were the case.
>>
Is there flufff about romance between mages? Magea marrying each other and having natural children?
>>
>>49070105
I don't know if there's any official fluff, but there's literally no reason at all they couldn't.
>>
>>49070038
Could go either way, don't think Hunter has even started first drafts yet, and writer call wrapped up only around a month ago.

Also from the sounds of more of the 2e Geist info, might be a new antagonist all together. Apparently once you are aware of this new antagonist, it/they is aware of you. From italics posted along with it, they are likely the aforementioned Ghosts with masks.

That and abmortal might appear in a future book with more focus.
>>
>>49070105
The only fluff I know of involving Mages having sex is the 2 guys in Out of Joint
>>
>>49070105
The child will always be a mage and they send him to magic school
>>
someone help me think of possible birthrights for my manitouk scion, the wolf themed son of ghost of rabbit

the group of natives he's from were the ones that originally made the whole dream catcher thing so I think that would be a nice spring board. the word is the same as spider.

another idea would be the lucky rabbit foot from his father as a necklace, but I feel that's low hanging fruit and I always have a huge boner for weapon related birthrights.

I'm feeling his dog itself might be one of his birthrights and is actually a direwolf.

suggestions?
>>
>>49070201
What ghosts with masks? Link these posts.
>>
>>49070682
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/geist-the-sin-eaters/399463-will-geist-get-the-2e-treatment?p=959701#post959701

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/geist-the-sin-eaters/399463-will-geist-get-the-2e-treatment?p=959783#post959783

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/geist-the-sin-eaters/399463-will-geist-get-the-2e-treatment?p=959791#post959791
>>
>>49070940
I'm half tempted to jump to conclusions and think the Hollow from Bleach upon hearing Ghosts bearing masks.
>>
File: image.jpg (625KB, 1658x2591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
625KB, 1658x2591px
Oh hey, cool art.
>>
>>49071199
That's not about mummies... where did you get that?
>>
>>49071244
Looks like Beast.

>>49071199
She's so chill and yet her Horror is all "I WANT TO EAT YOU".

Also, God, Beast is LITERALLY Geist.
>>
>>49071244

The Monday Meeting Notes, if you'd care to check!

It's not like I've got the inside scoop on Mummy or anything, either.

>>49071292

These Ready-Made Characters sound kinda neat. The freelancer who made them has been awesome on the forums so far, and I think one of the Brood is a kid and another is a Changeling.
>>
>>49071244
It's from the Beast Ready-Made Characters thing, got posted in the latest Monday Meeting Notes(see >>49068429)

>>49071292
Beast is basically "Geist, but without the freedom of choice and with Goetia instead of ghosts"
>>
>>49071338
'Geist, but with a monster that is actually represented mechanically'
>>
>>49071330
The kid is a Changeling, so that they didn't have to come up with child rules. That's literally it. It's kind of a cop out. Or at least I think that's what they said. Not sure why it would have needed to be a Changeling. Or maybe I'm misremembering. Oh well, I already typed this post.

>>49071338
>Implying Geist has choices.

>>49071391
It hurts because it's true.
>>
>>49071199
Is that a man or a woman
>>
>>49071431
Are you feeling okay, anon?
>>
>>49071425

There's a Changeling in there because they wanted some crossover in the example Brood. i think it was up to a vote at one point and Changeling won by a landslide.
>>
>>49071425
>>Implying Geist has choices.
I mostly mean in origin; Sin-Eaters get an offer, they can choose to refuse it. Beasts just are, there's no avoiding it.
>>
>>49071431
Wow, bigoted much?
>>
>>49071710

How is asking if the subject in the art is a man or a woman bigoted in any way?

I guess for people who see bigotry under every rock, even the most simple and mundane questions elicit a nasty response.
>>
While reading the changeling playtest document, I was imagining a full on wild hunt type Huntsmen guy, larger than life with giant antler helmet on or something, when they were talking about the court rules.

So then it comes to the 'Union Busting' approach and I was forced to imagine mr. giant huntsmen chilling with a PC's friends at the bar, starting rumors against him.

The PC walks in to get a drink with his pals, and sees this Huntsmen taking up three stools, so tall his helmet is cocking one of the ceiling lights. He turns to the PC just to say, 'sup?'
>>
>>49071854
Why does it matter what their sex or gender is? Either jack to it or don't, but don't pre-judge them for the sake of your own fragile sexuality
>>
>>49071882
it matters
>>
>>49071902
Wow, bigoted much?
>>
>>49071633
They can potentially reject the Devouring. I'm of the opinion that it's how Melanie ended up in the situation she's in, though.
Still, Geist has no real choices and I hate that.

>>49071484
You gonna share?

>>49071854
>I guess for people who see bigotry under every rock, even the most simple and mundane questions elicit a nasty response.
Are you really this stupid or are you doing a bad job of playing along?
>>
>>49071912
>Are you gonna share?

Share what? I'm not a dev, I have nothing /to/ share. The one thing I did have was playtesting Promethean.
>>
>>49071633
Sin-Eater's choices are become a Sin-Eater or die, right?

For a guy being told that he'll die if he says no, that's not really a choice is it
>>
>>49071902
>>49071882
>>49071854
>>49071710
>>49071909
So I can see you two shitposting... but I don't... how to say it... belieeeeeeeve your shitposts. You know?
>>
>>49071924
some people are made of sterner stuff
>>
So how long has Wraith been 'on hold' for now? Is Rich Dansky dead?
>>
>>49071924
If they are religious in any way, much easier choice.
It is always still a choice, just not a very good one.
>>
>>49071923
The Ready Made PCs.
>>
File: Darsheel.jpg (48KB, 440x664px) Image search: [Google]
Darsheel.jpg
48KB, 440x664px
>>49071929
Sorry, it's really late here

I can do better, I promise
>>
>>49071941
>Wraith
>>
>>49071941

His mom died and he's Ubisoft's head writer, which I'm sure keeps him busy.

>>49071949

Again; how would I share them? They're not out, and I don't have them.
>>
>>49071963
>writes for Tom Clancy games
dude's barely doing any work
he could turn in some fucking art notes
>>
>>49071975

The Division was kind of a big deal and still has several expansions to go.
>>
>>49071984
Writing for The Division has to feel like carrying a dead fetus to term.
>>
>>49071941
That shit's never coming out, better give up now

>his mom died

Good, he can use that as inspiration
>>
How can I get my 3 year old to become a sleepwalker like my husband?
>>
>>49072063

Incredibly unethical Prime spells?
>>
>>49072067
I smell a wisdom drop.
>>
>>49072310
That kinda comes with the territory of 'making someone a sleepwalker on purpose'
>>
>>49072310

I'm considering making a Guardian cult leader who has Rotes of the spells that make Sleepwalkers and grant Mage Sight and he just brands runes into Sleepers to try and make them Awaken.
>>
File: RIP.jpg (53KB, 600x413px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.jpg
53KB, 600x413px
Best Demiurge.
>>
>>49072969
Yeah we got it the first time.
>>
>>49072986
Different people. Frankly I'm surprised we haven't seen more.
I guess Bowie was more WoD than Gene Wilder.
>>
>>49073000
I guess people just don't see Young Frankenstein as that big a part of his filmography, maybe?

Or like me, just don't care as much. Young Frankenstein and Willy Wonka were good movies, but don't sign me up for the parade.
>>
>>49073020
I love most of his movies; also? Young Frankenstein is a classic.
>>
>>49072986
I don't see it anywhere else in the thread...
>>
>>49073067
Yeah but like... there are a ton of classics.

It is literally a genre man.

>>49073102
See >>49068059
>>
File: Redcross.png (120KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
Redcross.png
120KB, 960x560px
Oh God help how do I start my Promethean game. Wandering candystriper and serial killer accomplish Galatea escaped her Demiurge. What do I do with her? She's on Cuprum currently as a Watcher.

>>49073020
https://youtu.be/wyvV_svdEb8

>>49073102
I linked the Abby Normal bit earlier >>49068059
>>
>>49073113
I mean, it's not like he was a nobody. You might be a little young, though.
>>
>>49073189
Probably.
The guy died at 83.
Young Frankenstein was 1974, and I don't see anyone talk much about any of his movies made after that.

That makes the vast majority of this site too young.
>>
Do you think OP's goal is to have all the non-core splats (changeling, promethean) have elements of 'build major aspects of this yourself' so as to draw in the player to care about these slightly less built worlds?

Promethean's pilgrimage building is pretty involved.
As are the draft rules for court creation.

It is kind of an interesting angle.

Even Demons sort of had it with their whole interlocks thing, like a first attempt.
>>
>>49059788
Hold up senpai, where does it say you can dodge against firearms?
>>
>>49073351
Interlocks and such is more of a GM does it himself thing, but yea. It's an interesting way of lending personal growth and adventure to a given character.
>>
>>49073246
Blazing Saddles, Sherlock Holmes smarter brother? People DO watch older movies.
>>
>>49073452
Blazing saddles is same year as Young Frankenstein.

I've yet to hear a single person mention Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother. Or post scenes from it, etc etc. Guessing it isn't at the top of his list of best movies.

The point is that if the gauge of me being a 'little young' to care about Gene Wilder is my age in relation to when his movies released, then yes. I was born way too late to be caught in the Gene Wilder storm of popularity.

But I think we can both agree that Gene Wilder's only fans weren't just people born in the mid 70s.
>>
Play loving housewife mage.
>>
>>49073480
I wrote a story once about a mid-western house-wife sort of mage.

she gets sexually assaulted by a hunter, fun stuff.
>>
Harem CofD where MC is mortal and a girl of every splat. Tsundere Hunter girl is the first girl he meets
>>
Hey /wodg/; What kind of recurring Celestial Events do you use for your games? I've been slapping together a simple app (in Appinventor, with simplified 30-day months because I'm lazy) to keep track of time in my games, and since we're running Mage: The Ascension, I'm also trying to track any of them that are relevant. So far, I have the Moon Cycles, Zodiac Signs and (simplified) Lunar Eclipses, but I'm looking at any other patterns that might be worth bolting on as options.
>>
>>49073610

Mummy: the Cyrse revolves around the Sothic Cycle, a period of 1462 years based on Sirius.
>>
Any WoD dice probability charts of getting x successes with 8/9/10 again and rote?
>>
>>49073633
I'll have a look at it; how are the details as far as smaller time scale concerned?
>>
What all is really... missing from this Changeling playtest?

It is about as long as a normal OP book.
>>
>>49073752
It's a bigger font and larger spacing with all the tables and charts unformatted.

It's missing anything on how the Hedge works and sample cities, for one. Also, the default rules and a Storyteller section.
>>
>>49073798
So mostly playable then. Since Hedge rules don't really need a tweak from 1e (though it will be interesting to see if they do anything big), and the default rules are packaged with everything else. The storyteller section will have some interesting stuff, but it seems plausible to run a campaign with Huntsmen being the only truly Fae enemy popping up that can't just be ran using normal rules.
>>
>>49073814
It's very playable. I think we might also not have dream rules, but yeah, you can play it. One might even say you could TEST the game by PLAYING it.
>>
Decay is Ruling but can a Perfecting version outright destroy an object? What does it mean to Perfect Entropy?
>>
Anyone played an underwater themed Changeling? Mer Fae? Underwater Arcadia?
>>
>>49073832
Well, while I called it a playtest, I didn't know it was anything more than collected dev blogs.
>>
>>49068429
MAGE POD SOON??
>>
Can anyone help me with making an Awakening for a Hunter becoming a Thyrsus?
This is for someone who has very little knowledge of the fluff and I want to make them a fitting but very unpleasant awakening so I can push on the idea of a Banisher to him.
>>
File: image.png (141KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
141KB, 540x300px
>Reading Tales of the Dark Eras
>Reading "Of Raven's And Roses"
>Raven arrives in the bedroom
>Reveals to be the courtesan's changeling
>They don't fuck
>mfw
What's even the point? Is it really such a bad idea?
>>
>>49074088
Thyrsus' Awakenings seems to be them becoming the master of nature. They become more primal, dominating animals and spirits, carving their names in the bones of their prey. They become the Apex Predator. It's like Spirited Away except the protagonist takes over the bathhouse before leaving.

So, if you want to really disturb your player, have them lose some human traits. They go innawoods (figuratively or literally), discarding their day to day trappings, devolving into something greater, more primal. They eat their prey raw, subjugate the packs they encounter, crush Mother Nature under their bootheel, take part in Dionysian revels held in their honour. They emerge from the Watchtower more bestial, more wild than when they entered.

Some Banishers have broken Awakenings, so they don't gain Wisdom and suffer breaking points when they cast spells, so that could be a route that you could take.
>>
>>49074088
Figure out what that character resents about the natural world. Predation and parasitism, inhumanity and such. Maybe the character hates the emotions the Awakening instilled in them (hunger, anger, lust, fear, callousness) and it colors their view of magic. Maybe everything went the other way around and the character gets a dog-eat-dog attitude regarding Mages and Magic.
>>
File: 01__Tenshion_by_Endling.jpg (270KB, 601x720px) Image search: [Google]
01__Tenshion_by_Endling.jpg
270KB, 601x720px
How do y'all feel about krewes not having a mythological reveal aspect to it anymore?
>>
>>49074559
I couldn't care less
>>
>>49074559
I always thought it was executed on abominably, so I never used it.

Closest I got was making "learn about your Geist's past hosts / living self" part of my kludgy Geist-Mummy homebrew.
>>
I made a thread that might be useful for /wodg/. At least, if anyone posted in it >>49074490

Mostly I just can't figure out what to do to start my promethean game.
>>
File: dresden_sketch_3.jpg (181KB, 900x532px) Image search: [Google]
dresden_sketch_3.jpg
181KB, 900x532px
The game I will be in, is an interesting one. The idea is I will be playing a version of myself in an alternate world, a dark world, one where my little sister died (She is the ST) and...I have to figure out why she died, and deal with the grief.

My advantage is...the grief and pain helped me become (I am hoping) a mage (Though it could be a beast).

My issue is figuring out which way I'd go. If I become a beast I need to look at my nature and my nightmares.

If I become a mage, I know there are two paths that I could look at. The first is Moros becoming a necromancer and try to bring my sister back to me. Searching though all wisdom, all knowledge to find a way to bring her back.

The second Path would be Obromos, and instead of dwelling on my pain and searching for a way to pull her soul from it's paradise and bring her back, honor her memory. Standing up to and against the thing or things that killed her and turn my grief into a fire to purge the things that dared to kill my sweet innocent sister.
>>
>>49075006
You're playing a WoD version of yourself trying to find out what killed your sister in a game run by your sister? I'm imagining all the NPCs saying how great she was and how she'll be missed and they're so sad.
Although I've never heard a "playing yourself" game where the ST was dead. It is a pretty decent way of getting around the fact that they wouldn't be in the game despite being in the friend group of the players. But I feel it would ruin the mood when Jenny is dead in game, but setting the scene OOC. Seems like it would be hard to get into character as some grief stricken friend or brother.

Also, you don't actually "become" a Beast, you *realize* you were always a Beast.
>>
>>49075006
Sounds gay, brah
>>
So, Dude who dove into the deep end by reading Beast here:

I've noticed that Beast works well in other books. The problem I see is that it doesn't lend itself to work well with other Beasts? Maybe I'm misreading it, but Beasts seem solitary overall.

Another thing I noticed is that Beasts could teach a lesson, but also act as scouts to figure out what the enemy is thinking? IDK, I have to dive back into the book and think more on this.
>>
>>49075055
It actually works surprisingly well. I kinda put her through it not too long ago, and immersion was held together fairly well. It can depend on the ST though. When I did this the NPC's who knew about me just knew that my existence some how stood in the way of some vampire's big plans, so he murdered myself, and most of my family (missed the sister).

The players all did well. as we had all known each other for about 10 years (30 years for my sister).

Anyway...long story short everyone had fun with the game, and we did something interesting with character creation. First everyone assigned their priorities, then the rest of the group discussed their dot assignments. Using the Jori Nori window methods to create a truer version of themselves.
>>
File: hunter the vigil.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hunter the vigil.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
How do you dudes handle starting equipment for PCs? I'm thinking "you can buy up to your Resources in dots" but I don't think that reflects the actual Merit very well.
>>
>>49075185

I've never had much trouble letting PCs just start with whatever seems reasonable for their background.

And no, "Resources 3 only lets you start with 3 dots of Resource-costs" would be ridiculous. It'd mean the richest person on earth (Resources 6) would be able to start with 2 mid-size cars before they were tapped.
>>
>>49075185
My players always start with whatever's appropriate for their character.
>>
My Thyrsus is relitively wholesome. Shes not into magical realm or orgies but she does have a darwinistic worldview. Very Republican I guess?
>>
>>49075185
I let them start with 1 item of their resource dots in value, and reasonable amount of gear of less than. Plus 1 method of transportation reasonable for their resource level (0-1 = bicycle and bus pass, 2+ = car used to new)
>>
>>49075218
>>49075224
>>49075248
Ah, that's fair, thanks for the advice! Guess I'm too used to the 40k RPGs and D&D where they always give you a comprehensive list.
>>
>>49075185
>Literally just a rehash of a joke about Mimics.

Also, I let people have whatever starting equipment seems reasonable. I mean, a smartphone is, what, Resources 3 or something and yet even homeless people have those. Resources isn't what you have, it's how much extra money you've got. Frankly, I don't like the way the merit works. Everything would be more reasonable if it were a dot lower. As it is, there's no reason to take the Merit below three dots. Even reasonable purchases have ridiculous Costs. I mean, I can get a machete from Walmart for 10$, but it's Cost ●●. If you've only got Resources ●●--which is a comfortable middle class wage--you buy one machete and you're broke for a while. Hell, if you're Resources ● (which is far from poor) you buy a machete and you're broke for a month.

>Every item has an Availability rating. Once per chapter, your character can procure an item at her Resources level or lower, without issue. An item one Availability above her Resources reduces her effective Resources by one dot for a full month, since she has to rapidly liquidate funds. She can procure items two Availability below her Resources without limit (within reason). For example, a character with Resources •••• can procure as many Availability •• disposable cellphones as she needs.
You can get a prepaid phone for like 15$.

>>49075248
>>49075269
I don't even care about the Cost of their equipment, and I never make players give me a list of what they own or anything. And if someone wants to play a hacker with a good computer but Resources X? I'm fine with that. Resources is only useful for narrative handwaving during the actual game. I've even discouraged characters from taking Resources, though most of the characters I've ever had or played with don't exactly have real jobs.
>>
>>49075269
Not the same game, not the same focus
>>
http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/tnts-let-right-one-pilot-isnt-remake

They're making a Let The Right One In television series. Sweet.
I wonder if Eli will be trans? That was sort of left out of the American movie as far as I know, and only showed up in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment in the Swedish movie.
>>
>>49075365
I think his penus was mutilated when she was still mortal
>>
>>49075218
In general, resources just doesn't very accurately convey what it attempts to in many cases. Resources five feels almost...useless compared to the broad, sweeping cash-reserves it's supposed to represent.
>>
>>49075598

I think that's because Resources is kind of a non-stat.

It measures something in-universe, yeah, but the actual applications of that in-universe thing just manifest as other things.

"I'm rich" has no practical implications on its own, it's "I have good gear" (Armory), "I can buy friends" (Allies/Contacts/Retainer/Staff), "I have a nice house" (Safe Place), "I can go and be places that other people can't" (Status, Contacts/Allies again, etc.)

"I'm rich" being a merit that boosted other social merits might be more effective? idk.
>>
I've been wondering for awhile about Chronicles of Darkness Innistrad (from Magic the Gathering) cross-over and how the gothic/cosmic horror world would warp some of the splats when I suddenly realized something.
Ancient Greece inspired world of Theros would be a perfect fit for a Changeling the Lost chronicle. Replace Wyrd with Nyx, True Fae with capricious pantheon of gods, and Lost with various monstrous humans that were punished for their "hubris" (which might be something as pointless as flirting with person god has crush on).
>>
So the GM declared that my using my Horrid Talons constitutes a masquerade violation in any situation where the body is likely to be found by the police; are there any ways to fix this now broken character besides dumping 4 dots in martial arts?
>>
>>49075710
If you want to butcher the game to fit it within a setting, of which the only real similarity of merit is the (sometimes) dickishness of its gods, then I guess so.

I'd rather just hammer Greek mythology until it fits the Changeling mythos. I mean, there's plentiful material to work with, just make the Gentry that inspired the myths (or vice versa) even more extreme than the Gods themselves.
>>
>>49075889
Just render the bodies down into meaty chunks after they're dead.
Goes from "supernatural monster attack" to "sick freak desecrates corpses".
>>
>>49074559

Sad to see it go, but I get why. It's a cool concept, but it never really had much presence in the game itself, and bringing that concept back would probably just step on Scion's toes. Also Grant Morrison style mythology syncreticism has gotten way less popular since 2008.

Still very pumped that the "build a belief system" aspect stays, though.

>>49074601

I think "finding out who your Geist was in life" is still a pretty strong hook and I hope they focus on that.

>>49075117

It's very, very clear that the ideal play-style of Beast is one Beast in a party of other splats.
>>
>>49075889

Well, if you're using them against any vampires older than a month, it's not a problem; they'll just melt the second Final Death hits and the police will find a putrefied human corpse. No evidence of claws.

If you're using it against mortals, learn how to hide bodies. It's a potential masquerade violation for corpses to turn up anyway, so this shouldn't be a change of pace.
>>
>>49076349
>>49075889
Gasoline my friend. Arson covereth a multitude of sins.

Or you know dumping the body with the wallet removed in the middle of gang banger central, in a rat infested alley, so the vermin destroy evidence, or the sewers work too, again let nature be your friend.

Or if you live in Florida, Wisconsin, Georgia, or Louisiana dump the body in da swamp. It's only a violation if they can guess what happened and/or ID the body.
>>
>>49075889
Ghoul the chief of Police and the local sherrif and then have them cover it up for you
>>
>>49073368
I could have sworn I saw somewhere that Dodging was the only way to defend against Firearms
I guess I was wrong
>>
>>49076870
You can, but it is a fighting style move.
>>
>>49076584

This too.

Really, though, why you'd ever use claws against a mortal in the first place?
>>
>>49076870
You can only dodge against firearms under circumstances which you HAVE defense against firearms, I'm pretty sure. Like for example if you're a werewolf in Dalu or you're using Celerity or something
>>
>>49077188
Celerity doesn't increase while dodging. And either way, it takes a Devotion to get full defence against firearms.
>>
What was your last conspiracy like?
>>
>>49078066
In game or IRL?
>>
>>49078066
There's fluoride in the tap water
>>
>>49078591
Yes
>>
>>49078066
Trannies are actually girls
>>
>>49079027
No more traps? Damn, half the fun's gone
>>
>>49079232
>>
>>49076200
It really is, and now I want to find a group that will let me play a Beast. I wonder if there is a hunter group out there that would be up for that.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.