[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 50

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Would you waifu/husbando a trompe l'oeil? Would you take one as a cohort?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: http://imgur.com/a/r2TOH
http://imgur.com/a/odYOE

New leak from DSP: Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warriors: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dX4UYdtwTQKhY71Q45IHLtcu193zq1ZO5jHQ5_PnTl8/edit

Previous Thread: >>48990288
>>
File: 1423724266201.png (2MB, 689x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1423724266201.png
2MB, 689x1500px
I wanna play a whatever the fuck this is.
>>
>>49000417
Huh, Ib. I like that game.
>>
>>49000679
Wyrwood psion.
>>
>>49000417

What are the creation rules for the painting girl? I might literally create a character who's a wierdo painter that creates his own waifu.
>>
File: time for Ib.jpg (1MB, 5100x3300px) Image search: [Google]
time for Ib.jpg
1MB, 5100x3300px
>>49000707
Reimagining of that one template from Paizo's Gallery of Evil adventure.

Damn, these are a super cheap way to clone a dude as a construct. Why isn't every high-level character on the planet getting themselves cloned as paintings?
>>
>>49000734
Probably because there's a nonzero chance that your painting clone will try and murder the shit out of you.
>>
>>49000734

I really do want to give one a go to play.

I'm just pondering what (Non-Kineticist. Fuck that class) would work best with it.
>>
>>49000754
Anything that can SAD or close to SAD Charisma'd be nice.
>>
>>49000748
Only if a nascent spirit is the one to animate the portrait.
>>
>>49000770

Yeah, that's my thoughts.

The loss of a level really rules out Sorcerer as you'd be 2 levels behind on spell levels.

Paladin or Warlord would be nice though.
>>
>>49000777
nonzero chance.
>>
>>49000734
>>49000707

Do they *have* to be based on someone? Can I paint my idyllic waifu using my own preferences and kinks?
>>
Is there any class that can emulate the feel of being the dude from Prototype?
All 3pp material allowed
>>
>>49001167
>Is there any class that can emulate the feel of being the dude from Prototype?

Alex Mercer? Probably the Aegis.
>>
>>49001167
Aberrant Aegis 3/Pain Sculptor Psychic Warrior 6/Awakened Blade 10
>>
>>49000707
But then... how do you know you were not created for the same purpose...?
>>
Has DSP stooped to making shit?
>>
>>49001167
Metamorph? Shifter Spherecaster?
>>
>>49001432
That's what happens when you let Ssalarn of his leash
>>
>>49000707
Damnit Krieger!
>>
>>49001432
What'd they make? Was it errantX? ErrantX, like Ssalarn, has always been shit.
>>
I'm trying to make a dark themed hard mode campaign for my players using PoW only and I thought up some feats in the meantime. Please redink and trash accordingly or input to your hearts content:

Features enclosed by </> suggest a reorder of requirements to best ease

STR-BASED
Only the Strong Survive: Preq: Str-Based <Reflexive Physique>
Add half of your Str mod to your Natural Armor, Gaining DR/=Natural Armor

Reflexive Physique: Preq: Str-Based, <Only the Strong Survive>
Add half your Str mod to your initiative mod and reflex saves, Acrobatics becomes a Str Skill

Second Skin: Preq: Str-Based, <Only the Strong Survive> <Reflexive Physique>
Removes all armor movement penalties, including shields, Treat Armor as one category lighter, and increase max armor dex mod allowance by +2
DEX-BASED
Jack be Nimble: Preq: Dex-Based, Dex
Use Acrobatics to ignore Attacks of Opportunity, and move full speed. +1 Dodge

Jack be Quick: Preq: Dex-Based, Jack Be Nimble
Gain +10 Movement to your base move, and, move through enemy square at half speed, after successful acrobatics dodge of attack of opportunity

Jack Jump Over the Candle Stick:Preq: Dex Based, Jack Be Quick, Jack be Nimble, Acrobatics Score=15
Take half damage when falling. Also, a successful acrobatics check can "vault" over enemies in the way, during movement or a charge action without breaking momentum as part of their move action.
>>
File: dungeon meshi painting.png (976KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
dungeon meshi painting.png
976KB, 1125x1600px
>>49000780
>Paladin allows himself to be turned into a painting
>So that he may always be able to defend the sacred/cursed artifact or what have you from the forces of evil
>he sits there, always watching, as the years go by, as life passes on in front of him, without him
>Yet still, he keeps his vigil and endures
>He still guards and protects the world
>But he's so lonely
>Please, anyone! Take it from me! Undo my Shackles!
>Let Me DIE
>>
File: Divergent Paths.png (115KB, 960x317px) Image search: [Google]
Divergent Paths.png
115KB, 960x317px
Tell us what's in the new product, DSP!
>>
>>49001666
These seem fine.
Though I'm not sure if I'd take the dex-based ones even with a dex character.

Between Weapon Finesse and Deadly Agility and then everything else the build wants, there' not much room for a three feat chain.
And also you just take Veiled Moon/Shattered Mirror and teleport everywhere and not care about AoOs
>>
>>49001819
It should be noted that I'm using condensed feattax, so all characters can use finesseable weapons, things like combat expertise, piranha strIke and power attack are "toggle" effects players can just use if they have the tools for it, and want the penalties.

I'm thinking of adjusting jack be nimble, but make jack jump over the candle stick apply if jack be nimble /or/ jack be quick preqs are met, so I'm not feat locking too hard.
>>
>>49001251

Then I wouldn't need to make a painting because I've already got a waifu/husbando!

>>49001583

Oh god I need to do this, he redraws his waifu every week to keep her pure.
>>
If a monster's creature type changes, like from a template, are you suppose to recalculate HP, saves, BAB, etc?
>>
>>49001918
If the template makes changes to the base monster stats than yes.
Otherwise no.
>>
Would you say Pathfinder math is obtuse?

For example, what if someone asked "What is enough AC to stay alive"
>>
guess which shitty homebrew class is back.
Its the cultist.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zXrG9NCkO1MKfMH8ryQLEfc87q2Oc40uewA1aB4-us8/edit?usp=sharing

>Talismans have been changed to be made more reliable and more restricted on the "make a fuckton of them and become a wizard without spells per day" end.
>The first five rituals have been added, 3 of which help in capturing people, 2 of which help incase you want to be an LG cult or something along those lines
>Cult Leader was changed to the 10th level, as its absolutely useless at 20th.
>>
>>49002107
If you're asking literally, well you could probably stay alive with 0 AC.

if you're asking in the sense that you want to know in general, the AC needed to stay alive is enough AC to avert your opponents attacks enough that you can heal faster than you take damage.
>>
>>49002159
Well nobody really heals during fights
But I just don't find pathfinder math to feel intuitive
Especially when CR scales high enough, it starts feeling arbitrary
>>
>>49002107
>>49002159
>clicking post too early

But i don't think pathfinder math is particularly obtuse.
>>
>>49000787
I don't think so. They don't say that you can't, but they don't say you can.
>>
>>49002175
CR is broken in general.
How much AC you need is also tied to your HP, and your role in battle.
Instead of just asking 'how much AC do I want', you look at the average enemy you're expected to face, and calculate on average how many rounds it takes them to off you.
>>
>>49001796
What's that from?
>>
>>49002263
Well as I player I can't know what I will face or that takes the surprise out of the adventure

Especially when something like AC is broken and cannot keep up with attack bonus anyway when you get high enough level
>>
>>49001796
>You didn't think we were done with martial characters now that Path of War Expanded is out, did you? Coming soon: Divergent Paths - new additions to the Path of War product line!

So, looking at their patreon:
>Akashic War - a crossover supplement of the Akashic Mysteries and Path of War systems, this release is for the pharaoh class, which blends veilweaving from Akashic Mysteries and maneuvers from Path of War.

And their playtests
>Medic
>Fool's Errand

I expect it's these.
>>
>>49002296
Figure it out from the GM's track record.
That's all you can do, really.

Having below average AC is 'enough' if the GM scales enemy attack bonus to match, and campaign's enemies still miss you often enough.
Having super high AC still isn't enough is the GM overestimates you and regularly sends tough enemies.

At the end of the day no amount of AC is enough because the GM then just uses touch attacks and save or suck spells on you
>>
>>49002278
Their official Facebook. It's got new Path of War stuff!
>>
>>49002332
Neat.
>>
>>49002325
Also including:
>CHAbinger
>Initiating Summoner
>Initiating Antipaladin
>Grapple and tower shield disciplines
>Old Zealot archetypes revived
>Kitsune racial archetypes
>Companion to the Lonely
>>
>>49002330
SoD really are a problem. I just multiply all damage by 10 million, that fixes Save or Die
>>
>>49000734
>Why isn't every high-level character on the planet getting themselves cloned as paintings?

Because the rules to do so only came out a couple weeks ago. Also it's Lolarion.
>>
>>49001872
>>49001583
>she's so annoying! How do you not kill her every day?!
>. . .
>I do.
>>
>>49001647
You're one of those sad little bitches who can't get a publisher to look at your garbage homebrew and instead bitches about successful designers to try and boost your fragile ego, huh?
>>
>>48999319
I've actually heard a bunch of PFS GMs talk about how "OP" the kineticist is. It's because the kineticist has a higher floor than most CRB classes, but a lower ceiling. Assume for a minute that you're playing in a group full of people whose characters actually look like the PF iconics- the kineticist could seem ridiculously strong by comparison. There's actually way more people in the world playing PF at low system mastery than high, so in entry level groups, casual groups, or groups that just never bother to improve their character optimization levels, the kineticist may seem good by comparison since it's relatively easy to build and has an array of limited but decent at-will abilities.
>>
I bought Everyman Games' Unchained Monk Archetype book for a character I'm building. The PC is an oread, which has a really cool racial monk archetype called Student of Stone that I was really hyped for. I planned out the character, but then made the horrible realization: the fact that the archetype replaces Fast Movement means no Flying Kick!
How fucked is an UnMonk without flying kick or a way to pounce?
>>
>>49002537
The group in question was a cavalier, fighter and rogue. Not that hard to shine in that patch of potatoes.
>>
How can I make PF as fun as 4e?
>>
>>49002611
Push bamboo under your fingernails while playing PF.
>>
>>49002611
>>
File: 131.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>49002490
>>49001872

Oh my god, guys.

We can now make our waifus real, but will the 2D become 3DPD if they become real?
>>
>>49002622
>>49002682
4e is legit fun, you fucks and it's better than the horrendously creepy obsession with waifus.
>>
File: 1415965347143.png (5KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1415965347143.png
5KB, 300x100px
>>49002734
Then go play it why are you trying to make PF like 4e?
>>
>>49002734
>the horrendously creepy obsession with waifus.
That's very much a thing over there too. Waifus are everywhere.
>>
>>49002605
Was your kineticist a Gnome, because if so, I have a sneaking suspicion that you are a member of my group.
>>
>>49002704
We already could with stone shape + stone to flesh.
>>
>>49002584
Without flying kick or another way to pounce you'll kind of be garbage.
>>
File: 1374433058142.jpg (38KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
1374433058142.jpg
38KB, 300x299px
So I would like your guy's opion on a character I want to play. I feel like it could either turn out great or be absolute shit.

NE Duergar Tyrant Warpriest (Cult Leader) variant muliclasing into rogue.

His backstory is that he was part of a demon worshiped demons. During a ritual to summon one, the demon went on a rampage and slaughtered everyone. While this is happening the character tries to banish the demon but ends up imprisoning it inside of himself giving him psionic abilities and transforming him from a regular dwarf into a dark skinned version. (Duergar dont exist in the setting and the GM has already approved this)

I already know that the plot will involve fighting demons, to the character will be fighting them out of a personal hatred and not for the greater good like most of the rest of the party. I figure I will play him as the realist of the party, since he is not fighting for some ideal he is in the best position to keep things in perspective for everyone else. While he is evil I also don't think that will matter much, he doesn't inherently value the lives of others but isn't going to just randomly kill people.

Mechanically he will be the party rogue (at will invisibility is a nice for this) but he will also have some access to spells and his sacred weapon will be a dagger. He also has the ability to throw his dagger and then pull it back with kinetics which is cool.

So what do you think?
>>
>>49002811
>>49002734

Oh my god this.

Pathfinder is knee-deep in the weird stuff, but I recall 5e discussions often devolve into waifus and cutesy romantic.

Which is honestly superior to talking about horse-dick or the Painted World of Ariamis, but hey.
>>
>>49002892
It's clear that the driving discussion power on /tg/ is the ability to have an imaginary girlfriend.
>>
>>49002892
>Which is honestly superior to talking about horse-dick or the Painted World of Ariamis

>Horse-dick
>Painted World of Ariamis

One of these things is not like the other.
>>
File: -photos-8.jpg (42KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
-photos-8.jpg
42KB, 600x398px
So! Looking forward to your weekend, /pfg/? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?
>>
>>49003146

No.
>>
>>49003077
and imagine living a life where you always have a group of friends together and you go and do interesting stuff together
>>
>>49002391
>Martial companion to the lonely
>Benefit: You may recover maneuvers in battle by spending a full round action engaging in acts of physical intimacy with a willing partner.
>>
>>49003146
>If the rest of the party goes down, the remaining survivor's WBL will go through the roof in the right conditions
>Therefore we will be more than able to deal with the BBEG thanks to having massively increased gear with the new replacement characters

This was our Bard's train of thought as he sold us out (and supported with everything he had) to an organization of organ graftmakers.

We managed to escape, however, by GM fiat - which actually makes things even worse since now we were basically naked and permanently de-equipped. However, I managed to get very very lucky, and after we tracked down the bard, was able to CDG him in his sleep successfully.

So I was booted from the group for being an antagonistic teamkilling asshole.
>>
>>49003146
I'm GMing tonight! It's been 2 weeks, can't wait
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339KB, 710x508px
>>49003146

>tfw there is no Fennec Fox Familiar
>>
>>49003146
I'm pretty excited for my Sunday Shattered Star game, though that's mostly so can get the stuff I got spoilered for out of the way. Hopefully by facetanking it so the other players don't get upset when their character concept gets fucked with. After that it's probably business as usual of telling the other PCs "please don't die" and swimming in all the skill checks I'll need to roll.

I swear to god if I succeed those saving throws and nothing happens with that trap, I will be severely disappointed.
>>
> Magus is on hiatus
> End up having to solo campaign because the other party member are useless sack of space.

Seriously.. there are too many trap option in this game.
>>
>>49003358
what books you got spoilered?
>>
>>49003290

Oh? Got anything special planned?
>>
>>49003409
Early parts of book 2, mostly. Might've been a few bits of later books but unless something really jogs my memory I doubt I'll remember it.
>>
>>49003230
I used to... but a few months ago, for half the group, every excuse or reason imaginable became good enough to cancel things. Part of the problem is one player is now the GM's boss, and it turns out he's got a grudge with me from a few years back.

>Anon said he had some important stuff he needed me to help with thursday, so saturday's cancelled

>Oh Anon and Anon can't make it so I'll just have a quiet family weekend instead

>Sorry I need the GM to help me look over some documents for something at the notary on saturday whose hours are monday to friday. It's going to be very busy this weekend.

And finally last week's:
>Well my girlfriend's out of town this week (she doesn't play), so since it's just me alone we won't have enough people
>Hold on here why don't the rest of us just play something?
>Yeah no, I'm inviting GM over for an important dinner...

Always something, every single week since May. We literally had *one* game night since then, although I'm 99% certain that this statement is only factual for two of us, and that they've had plenty of gaming between angeranon and the GM...
>>
>>49003435
Our campaign is a 3rd party megadungeon. The PCs are levelling up and then hopefully making their way to a settlement within the dungeon where they'll be able to get some rest and do some shopping
>>
>>49003437
Oh yes.
"That" trap.
>>
I'm dusting off one of my older character concepts and I could use a little help optimizing a suboptimal concept. All 1pp material allowed, no 3pp.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=922831

I realize power attack can do the job of weapon specialization but bonus combat feats are few and far in between and it seems like a waste to spend them on something that I can take with a regular feat slot, not to mention a 3/4 bab class probably cant get a competitive hit rate with power attack till I get some inherent bonuses in there.

As for blessings, I'm sticking to book dieties for now but I'll probably take maybe Law and Destruction domain with a bow as a favored weapon if a GM ever allows me to make something up.
>>
>>49003517

Dude, optimizing high-level characters is unBEARable.
>>
>>49003146
GM'ing tomorrow, the players made it to the BBEG 4 or 5 sessions earlier than expected.
>>
>>49003437
Book 2 is oddly sexual
Paizo is weird in that they love to have lot of PG -13 sex stuff in their APs
>>
>>49003623
>Paizo is weird in that they love to have lot of PG-13 sex stuff in their APs

Which is really obnoxious if you ask me, who are they trying to fool? Just shove in some of the sex stuff we know they want and be done with it, the Eclipse Phase developers did that and people still love that setting, Exalted did that and people still like that setting, what's the deal?
>>
>>49003654
Pathfinder is too mainstream for that
>>
>>49003654
But anon, sex is bad, because when a penis exists anywhere on a planet, that makes it rape. We can't portray rape in our APs, that would bring terrible memories of vicious and violent rape to our target audience, like that time one girl was ASKED WHAT TIME IT WAS, or the time someone looked away from this other trans-girl in disgust, thus almost raping her, because she was trans and totally not because he hadn't shaved in months and his dick was clearly showing through his dress.

These are bad things.
>>
>>49003700

Oh hush, there's only like two named Trans characters in the entirety of their AP line-up and even then they play minor to nonexistent roles in the plot.

There's also rape and implications of rape, along with plenty of other sex-related topics that can be pretty uncomfortable to talk about (such as the woman in Book 2 of Reign of Winter who canonically had a satyr son at 14.)
>>
>>49003733
Pathfinder is swimming in shit that is against Christian values
It is in every AP, every book
>>
>>49003733
>such as the woman in Book 2 of Reign of Winter who canonically had a satyr son at 14

Wait.

What?
>>
>>49003777
demon rape, what else do you need to know
>>
>>49003457
Which megadungeon?
>>
File: 1442098941185.jpg (10KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
1442098941185.jpg
10KB, 250x237px
>>49003146
My dark themed PoW campaign is in limbo/ development hell, largely due to some of my procrastination, and work life balance plus a sleep disorder, but also due to 3 of my five players not having submitted Character sheets, even though I've been asking for a few weeks and encouraging my support for ideas, build advice, encouraging the group to interact and help each other (we're all friends who hang out regularly)
>>
>>49003777
It's fantasy golarion. The average life expectancy is likely very low so people tend to try to screw as soon and often as possible. On the topic of the satyr, I always thought the old tradition of giving the bride's family a goat was supposed to happen BEFORE the wedding.
>>
>>49003848
Well a doujin version would be nice.
>>
>>49003883
Well isn't that how it went?
She probably wasn't married yet.
>>
>>49003777

There's a woman you meet in Book 2 on the way to Whitethrone whose husband was butchered by quicklings minutes before you arrive, and are keen on getting into the house to slaughter her children.

You discover the wife had a satyr son as a young teenager by a passing satyr bard, and spent the next 16 years living as an outcast with her fae child. The son recognizes he's the thing keeping her from happiness and leaves. Years later, the woman finds love in the arms of a gentle woodsman and they have children together.

The son however falls into the wrong crowd of fae, who learn about his human heritage and insist on slaughtering his mother's new family for shits and giggles. The son refuses, but they learn where she lives anyway and forces him into a nearby barn to watch as they get rid of the human pests. When the party kills the quicklings the wife offers to look after Nadya's children for the rest of your journey to Whitethrone, with the satyr son deciding to live nearby and watch over his mother and half-siblings. The mother gives the party the satyr bard's ushanka, a magical item she's kept all these years as a fond memory of her first lover.

For some reason that encounter really stuck with me.
>>
>>49003654
Sex happens. A lot. Also in a society in which none of the deities, rulers, or elders explicitly forbid talking about sex, people tend to talk about it all the time.
>>
>>49003918
Does it count as cannibalism and infanticide if that baby is half goat... and tastes good with bbq sauce?
>>
>>49003869
Sounds like they don't have any interest in playing anon, find something else to do, or find other players because those ones clearly aren't interested.
>>
What are good Inquisitions/Blessings for an Ordained Defender Zweimeme?

What about for an Archery Inquisitor?
>>
File: 1472096629590.png (320KB, 1280x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1472096629590.png
320KB, 1280x1900px
>>49003928
It's also done by the elders, rulers and clergy in societies where it's forbidden: For the most part such taboos are generally a power-trip on the part of the above.

>It's completely disallowed to fuck two women at a time, therefore I am special and chosen by god
>It's highly illegal to diddle little children, which just goes to show how unique and powerful I am that I do this with no smites
>seeing women naked is reserved only for their owners in the dark. Only I, and my closest friends, get to see them dance nude for our enjoyment
>God will smite you for doing anal, in the form of my underlings stoning your entire family. NO ONE gets to take it up the ass but ME, you get that you filthy SHIT FACED PEASANTS?
>>
>>49003951
it's a stew.
what the fuck does goat have to do with keeping babies off your crops anyways?
what are you gonna fucking do, load goat curry into your crop-duster?

are you high?
>>
>>49003998
I guess you do need laws to be able to stand above them then?
>>
>>49003925
remove fey from premises
>>
File: ChaikaRattled.gif (648KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaRattled.gif
648KB, 245x300px
>>49003471
Yes. "That" trap. I expect that the dice will fuck the whole thing up and it will be completely ignored afterwards, which would be very disappointing.

>>49003623
I... I kind of figured it would be? Considering book 2 consists of raiding a tower dedicated to the Runelord of Lust. In order to find a magic item that is literally "The Shard of Lust" which probably will make whoever handles it have an intense desire to bed the nearest living creature.

I'm really glad at least one party member is immune to mind-affecting effects though. That'll probably be a godsend. The bad news on that, though, is the GM ruled that, even if it has no mechanical effects, it still addles the mind of my Homunculus a little while she holds a shard.
>>
>>49004056
I though it had no save at all.
There are many kinky traps in book 2, so I might be thinking of something else.
The fake tomb that forcibly switches your body to that Runelord if you touch it?
>>
>>49004056

Oh, God, not the daughteru.
>>
>>49004095
That trap acts as a Phantasmal Killer with a Will save, followed by a Fort save to not die. At least that's what I remember it being when people were talking about it last.
>>
>>49004013
>are you high?
Sadly, no. I think you missed the conversation about a 14 year old having a satyr baby. that's there the baby thing came from.
>>
File: tumblr_ng4lfdKgDi1r4pvdpo1_1280.jpg (350KB, 1234x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng4lfdKgDi1r4pvdpo1_1280.jpg
350KB, 1234x1920px
Making a Half-Orc Skald.

Is there any way to actually make a combination weapon/instrument, like pic related?

And what's the optimal order to take these feats?

-Recovered Rage
-Skald's Vigor
-Power Attack (Keep in mind Skald's have 0 BAB at first level)
-Furious Focus
-Cornugon's Smash
-Reckless Rage
-Greater Skald's Vigor (I notice this feat has "Perform (Song)" as a prereq. Should I take this to mean "Perform (Sing)", or are those two different things?)
-Expended Spell Kenning
-Lunge
-Battle Cry
-Inspired by Fear

There are 11 feats because we're not using the hero point system. Are there any I should swap out entirely?
>>
>>49004146
jokes: one flew over thine cuckoo's nest
>>
>>49004270
It wasn't a good joke to begin with anon.
>>
>>49003146
On one hand, I'll either get to play my wizard in Hell's Vengeance or my slayer in Skulls & Shackles.

On the other hand, I get to run my mythic game for which I still have nothing new written because class started this week.

Oh, and after all of that I will get to play my SoP sorc in RotRL.

All in all a busy-as-fuck weekend.
>>
>>49001918
Depends on the template. Most templates that alter type specify that you DON'T recalculate HD, BAB or base saves based on the new type. If it doesn't specify that, you DO recalculate them.
>>
File: 1413311833608.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1413311833608.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>49003952
Well my group promoted me to to get it going in the first place.

Also we haven't played a single game since early June.

Maybe its the summer season and people want to do other things, but it's frustrating when you're asked to do something, and then you have the materials ready to go, and you're waiting indefinitely for the folks who asked for the game in the first place.

>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
What happens when you take a level in two 1/2 BAB classes. Do you get a +1 for both or is it a +0 still?
>>
>>49004378
Depends. The normal way is that it's still +0, but Pathfinder Unchained added "Fractional BAB" as an optional rule, which would make it +1. So I guess the answer is "depends on your GM."
>>
>>49004360
You need to bring it up with them in a direct manner. Just pick up your balls, get the spahgetti back in your pants, and tell them straightup "You need to make your character and character sheet, and you need to make them now, I've had everything ready to go for a month now and you're still dragging your feet with the easier job."

If they try to bullshit you or give you guff, tell them "Alright, then we'll play without you"
If they try to say "I'll do it soon/later" enforce upon them when to do it, hold them to a specific date and tell them if they don't do it on that day, they won't be playing with you.

And remember to offer to help them with it so they don't entirely feel like you're trying to be mean to them.

Be firm, but fair.
>>
Guys, my PC (a half-elf bard) is pregnant

She's not even a slut, she didn't sleep with anyone but she worships Shelyn

apparently i'm mary or some shit

what do I do
>>
>>49004378
Default is fuck you. Sane is 1.
>>
>>49004476
Stop sleepwalking and having sex while asleep.
>>
>>49004476
You shouldn't much of an issue unless you're a frontliner.
>>
>>49004476

What happened before this and are you sure she's a virgin?

Could be a celestial kid.
>>
File: anger.jpg (119KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
119KB, 1024x768px
>>49004476
Punish the GM by becoming overly motherly.
Refuse to go on any adventures at all to "protect muh babeh" But still go with the party
and when you have the baby continue to nurture it and protect it. Then when the GM gets fed up and does something to off the child, make your character snap, go insane, plot to kill the party and work with the BBEG to 'restore your lost child'
>>
>>49004476
If it just started, keep adventuring for about six months, then take a downtime break and maybe play a temporary character for that period of time while the baby is born/mother is recovering from birthing.

After that, my recommended recipe is a cup of butter, some rosemary, thyme, or sage, salt, pepper, and lemon juice (though any citrus will work).

Alternatively, what >>49004527 suggests.
>>
File: Inquisition_war_room_concept.jpg (842KB, 1408x792px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisition_war_room_concept.jpg
842KB, 1408x792px
>>49004448
Then that's what I'll have to end up doing. I'll address it this weekend and gave a game going by next Saturday.
>>
>>49004492
I don't think that's what happened
>>49004513
I'm a bard so I switch between positions as needed
>>49004516
We'd just helped break a demonic infiltration of a shelynite church-state in the river kingdoms and found out the infiltration was actually lead by a devil backed by cheliax
>>49004527
That's possible I guess?
>>
>>49004146
>>49003925

Wait, this makes no sense.

The satyr son is like 18 when you meet him.

The mother was a young teen when she got knocked up, let's say 16 to be generous.

Giving him leaving at 14 and assuming she spent a couple years getting her reputation back and finding the woodsman, she was around 36 when she had her first human kid, and she's supposed to have around 3-5 around child age.

Doesn't that seem a little... You know... Old? Why did Paizo give someone who should have shriveled ovaries children? Did Paizo actually think this character through, and if so why did they include the satyr son when it could have been like, the old goat lover accidentally leading the quicklings to the house?

This isn't some European paradise where fertility treatments are available for the haggard ex-sluts that need them to squirt out one child before feeling immeasurably smug about the experience, this is the ass end of Irrisen with her the despised outcast of a tiny village. Why is her womb still working? Did Shelyn bless this late discovery of true love? Why is that never mentioned if she helped her have kids?
>>
>>49004592

$20 says it's going to be a demon baby.
>>
>>49004606
>Magic
>>
>>49004606
This is Paizo we're talking about here.
>>
>>49004606
It's already been shown paizo writers have no understanding of reproduction, let alone of any acts leading to it save what they've been told is badwrong on tumblr.

Most likely the mother "identifies" as a mother and could even if she was 95 with 0 magical aid or lifepsan extensions whatsoever.
>>
>>49004592
Kill it.
I don't mean "buy abortive herbs", I mean take the highest grade of magic weapon in the party and J-J-J-JAM IT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING UTERUS.

IDEALLY it's something you can make count as +6 but +5 at least will do.

Why that high?

To get through the DR of whatever the fuck is growing in there.

Hey, anon; you know who else was pregnant without having sex? (hint: it's not mary, you weren't married until you'd consumated - sometimes in front of the inlaws)

Ellen Ripley in the third movie.
She was pregnant without sex.

Use power-attack, and have the cleric on standby. It's the only way to be sure.
>>
>>49004689
>>49004673
>>49004659

You could argue Paizo thinks 35+ is still a good time to have kids even though anything after your 20s is a crapshoot of medical problems.
>>
File: schets64.jpg (124KB, 1250x890px) Image search: [Google]
schets64.jpg
124KB, 1250x890px
So I'm playing through Reign of Winter as a Paladin of Iomadae. When Midnight Black showed up and explained the plot, my character was a bit iffy about it all and prayed for guidance. The big crusader in the sky was nice enough to provide some giant sword's appearing to answer "Yes, the world is at threat from ice based doom and yes, get your rear into gear and free Baba Yaga."

Now I'm going to chase that old hag like a mad dog, but, realistically, who should my character send some letters to let know what the situation is? Her church? All the governments? The shitty, shitty pathfinder society?

Also, what sort of military rank or title would be appropriate for the leader of an anti-end-of-the-world task force?
>>
>>49004752
WAAAGHBOSS
>>
>>49004752

Don't send letters, the winter witches might find them.

You are not going somewhere you can reliably send letters.
>>
>>49004606

Oh god, someone needs to ask this question on the Paizo Reign of Winter sub-forum.

Either there will be errata or some awkward mumbling about "village women in perpetual winter land can have healthy children at 40."
>>
File: a-cross.jpg (73KB, 444x624px) Image search: [Google]
a-cross.jpg
73KB, 444x624px
Trying to make a crossbow-wielding Inquisitor, going with Sanctified Slayer and taking a dip in Gunslinger's Bolt Ace. Since I'm only level 4, I'm going Inquisitor 3/Gunslinger 1, but how far into Gunslinger should I go, and how soon? Also, my character worships a Sea god, would Oceans be a good domain pick? Surge seems like a handy way to get enemies out of my melee range. Also, any suggested feats I should take? I was thinking Point-Blank Shot and Rapid Reload would be best, and then Coordinated Shot for my bonus teamwork feat.

No 3pp by the way.
>>
>>49000417
I want to play a Wizard that leaves a Trompe L'oeil of his party members behind in the towns they rescue from things, so they can keep protecting those towns even when they're not there.
>>
>>49004877
ugh. wouldn't be as bad if gestalt but...

Basically you have a problem. You need at least to get dex to damage from bolt-ace or there never was a point in being one. At the same time if your main occupation is inquisitor, you can't hit fuck-all with a hampered BAB and neither weapon training, favored weapon bracers of archery or any other of those boons that the 'real' archers normally get.
>>
>>49004654
>>49004729
Uh, seems a little extreme; if it's some sort of evil demon baby though would it be possible for the evil to be detected prior to birth? is using detect evil on my womb going to work for that?
>>
File: d6hcmGm.png (730KB, 937x855px) Image search: [Google]
d6hcmGm.png
730KB, 937x855px
Alright folks, so!

First things first: the author of Psionics Augmented: Psicrystals thanks you for your feedback and will be making revisions based upon it. Before you ask, yes, psicrystal weapons are on the list of things being revised.

This particular supplement, being one of our Patreon ones, is shorter. That means, f'rinstance, that stuff like psicrystal archetypes, while on the table, would be included in a future supplement rather than THIS PARTICULAR release.

Today is gonna be the last day for public feedback on the document as it stands. The (theoretically) final revisions will be done over the weekend for Internal to hash out and review, and if everything goes well (it never goes well but I can dream) we'll release sometime next week or the week after.

You can find the playtest document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14xiRRju0zPb62Q2Q3Jqpqr8tosELq8I5kJcFm5YilLo/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>49004919
>You need at least to get dex to damage from bolt-ace or there never was a point in being one.
Riiight, I completely forgot that Crossbows don't get that from the get-go. Yeah that seriously blows considering my guy's a Halfling, downright dreadful...

I'll try and see if I can't do a gestalt instead. Hopefully the DM will be alright with it...
>>
>>49004999
Did you see my feedback on the Psychic Warrior playtest in the last thread?

It was very long and wall-ish, hard to miss it. Anons pointed out a couple small problems with my criticism but overall I identified a lot of problems with one of the archetypes.
>>
>>49005045
Iiiiiii did not. I dunno if Chris did either, can you link it or pastebin it so I can fling it at him, possibly while yelling in German?
>>
File: 1462151121079.png (117KB, 281x342px) Image search: [Google]
1462151121079.png
117KB, 281x342px
>>49003146
>best GM I've ever had is gone for the next two weeks
>He also plans to move to california at the end of september
My plans all involve a noose.
>>
>>49005075
See >>48993189
>>
>>49003146
Our 5e campaign's been turned into PF and I'm trying to convert my crossbow-wielding Halfling Cleric so he's still fun to play. Should that fail I'll be playing a Natural Attack Bloodrager who won't really be any good for a few more levels. It might be a bit of a slog either way.
>>
>>49004999
The Crystallized creature is going to need its own table of sorts-Issues being on how it interacts with the creature's HD and feats (Both with how many it starts with and whether it gains more or not), templated creatures and other stuff (Plus on how many HD the animal companion choices may or may not have for feat purposes). To boot, just saying Medium Elemental is a rather bad wording of the limitations, as there are medium sized elementals with significantly higher statlines and better abilities that the medium air/earth/fire/water elementals specifically. Psicrystal Weapon's Material Mastery should come no later than 7th level, it's completely useless by the level it comes up, due to most martial characters either having a +4/+3 duo or a +5 weapon already by that level
>>
>>49004606
>>49004673
>>49004689

Do YOU know anything about human reproduction? A woman can have children well into her forties before menopause strikes, and it's still not unheard of to have them as 50 and 60.
>>
>>49004852
Dipshit.

See
>>49005262
>>
>>49004752
>Also, what sort of military rank or title would be appropriate for the leader of an anti-end-of-the-world task force?
Commander Sherperd
As for who to contact, I suggest your home-base religious sect, any responsible guardsmen commanders you know, and maybe a Hellknight order like the Godclaw just in case.

Remember, when in doubt Deus Vult

>>49004877
My advice, forget the Gunslinger Dip. As a Sanctified Slayer, you can just stack Studied Target and Bane to fix the damage. Then, it's just a matter of getting Rapid Reload in just one crossbow for now, then spend your Slayer talent on Archery Combat Style to get Crossbow Mastery later on.
>>
>>49005262
>>49005280
>1 minute 2 seconds apart
Samefag pls go.
>>
Pregnant half-elf bard here, talked to GM and other player; detect spells passing over my womb reveal magic (transmutation, evocation, conjuration, abjuration) but no alignments not of my own (CG). Magic auras were all Strong, alignment aura was same strength as my own so I don't think there's anything of particular alignment in there.
>>
File: what if you had a gun.jpg (40KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
what if you had a gun.jpg
40KB, 400x600px
>>49005506
Baby is not safe in adventures
Go home and be a family woman
>>
>>49005506
It's been more than an hour since you got pregnant, right?

If so, that's not a lingering aura or anything. That's an active spell or item.

Dispel it. Dispel the fuck out of it.
>>
>>49005262
>>49005280

Why are you so angry at someone pointing out it's a terrible idea to have children after a certain age?

Surely this woman must have the most fertile womb in *Irrisen* to be popping out healthy children at 40 years old.
>>
>>49002889
Damnit. I really like the stuff the archetype gave me. I don't mind moving slowly, but losing flying kick really hurts. It sucks that many of the archetypes in the book switch out fast movement, since it was less important when they were originally written.
>>
>>49005719
Why not just go for Pummeling Charge?
>>
>>49005262

With the absence of hormone therapy and fertility treatment the average woman was not expected to have children after 35, it was possible but those children tend to come out odd (what's the risk of a child having autism from an old mom? 80%?)

This woman was a random outcast in a poor Not!Russian village during the faux-Renaissance, her ovaries should not be working like they used to.

Furthermore I'm not arguing the character herself is trash, I'm arguing the fact she's having children well into her late 30s reeks of 21st century sentiments, which makes it trash.

She should be married to the woodsman that loves her, but is childless with him. She loses nothing by being childless, or are you suggestion she has to have children to be a compelling character?
>>
Hey fuckers, how's Strange Aeons?
>>
>>49005816

Shut the fuck up.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-prolific-mother-ever
>>
>>49005872
Wow, this genetic outlier clearly proves the general trend wrong.
>>
>>49005872
Jesus Christ, her vagooo must've been fucking destroyed.
>>
File: 1455878327756.jpg (91KB, 515x683px) Image search: [Google]
1455878327756.jpg
91KB, 515x683px
>>49005872

Oh gosh you're right, this freak occurrence of hyper-fertility totally proves this Irriseni villager pumping out healthy children at 35+ is totally realistic.

Next you're going to tell me how women can get pregnant at 11, right?
>>
>>49005506
What.
What the actual fuck.
You need to have SOMEONE take a look at that.
That really, really doesn't sound like a kid.
>>
>>49005872
>Shut the fuck up.

Holy shit you're mad as hell, why are you getting so booty bothered over people saying women over a certain age are not fit to have children?
>>
>>49005542
>>49006018
Party wizard is doing magic science to the spell auras, he wants to be careful because if it's super dangerous just dispelling it might kill me or something.

Identified the abjuration aura as a nondetection spell made permanent, planning to blow that one up first.
>>
How is Warlock Vigilante? It seems kinda lackluster but apparently t3. What makes it t3? and not t4-5? Bolts seem crazy weak.
>>
>>49006037
Not him, and not gonna lie, my mother was 30 when she had me and she and Dad stopped making kids five years later.
Not gonna lie, given how they act around each other they probably still have an active sex life.
>>
>>49006130
>Ended up repeating 'not gonna lie' twice in the same paragraph
...And you can judge for yourself how well that worked out as far as autism proliferation goes.
>>
>>49006179
Goddamnit, you know what I mean.
I'm just going to get off the internet for a while.
>>
>>49006118
t3 is obligatory for most 6/9 spellcasting classes.

In general it's pretty bad. Mystic bolts are a joke and unsalvageable in 1pp.
>>
File: An Expert.jpg (54KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
An Expert.jpg
54KB, 600x338px
>>49006118
With nothing but Paizo content, the Warlock Vigilante is carried to bottom-of-the-barrel T3 solely on the back of it's prepared 6th level spellcasting. It's a shitty wizard with a souped up damage cantrip, and nothing it does can't be done better by a magus, or any number of other classes. Mystic Bolts are shit by RAW and get nothing to make them not shit. HOWEVER! We happen to have a 3pp dev who's releasing a book SOON(tm) that contains things to make your Mystic Bolts be not-shit. Legendary Vigilantes. If EhnJolly is ever around, he'll probably tell you all about it, at least if I don't shitpost about it first.

I totally did not bully him into adding all those things no sirree, I'm not an autist with an inordinate amount of love for this archetype why would you EVER THINK THAT?
>>
>>49006086
Nondetection blown

Overwhelming aura of Evil and Chaos coming out of womb

Paladin has tied my bard down and stripped her, is threatening a field abortion if he cannot be talked down

i think it's out of my hands now.
>>
>>49006297
Sounds like you've got a bad case of THE DEMONS there anon. I see your paladin has everything under control though.
>>
>>49006294
What kind of things are being added to make bolts not ass, because 1d6+1/4 level touch attack sounds like ass, even if I can TWF it.
>>
>>49006297
Fuck's sake, how do you even manage that?
I have so many questions.
>>
File: AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AAAALRIIIIIGHT.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>49006340
I have to go do shit soon so I'm going to be lazy and just copypaste and hope Jolly doesn't have my head for it. Two of the things are just "it's point blank+precise shot combined as a vigilante talent" and "auto-advancement of the TWF chain in exchange for a talent", which are things you would have taken with a regular Warlock, maybe. The main two /FEATS/, however, are:

Genius Vigilante
Prerequisite: 1st level vigilante.
Benefit: You can use your Intelligence instead of your Charisma for any vigilante ability you gain, such as the save DCs of your vigilante talents or the bonus spells, spell save DCs, and spell effects of spellcasting or alchemy and other abilities gained from vigilante archetypes.
Normal: A vigilante uses their Charisma modifier to determine the save DCs of their social and vigilante talents.
Special: This feat must be selected at 1st level, or before your first level of vigilante. An alchemical scoundrel, cabalistUI, magical childUI, outrageous lyricist, or warlockUI can choose to gain this feat in place of their 1st level social talent.

Mystic Accuracy (Combat)
Prerequisite: Mystic bolts class feature.
Benefit: You deal additional damage when attacking with mystic bolts equal to half of your Intelligence modifier (minimum +1), and you can apply the Deadly Aim and Power Attack feat to attacks made with them even if they are touch attacks (due to the piercing bolts class feature). If you have the Clustered Shots feat, you can total the damage from all hits before applying an opponent’s energy resistance.
Special: If you have the Genius Vigilante feat, the bonus to damage from that feat increases to your full Intelligence modifier (minimum +1). If you have the Charismatic Caster feat, the bonus to damage from that feat increases to your full Charisma modifier (minimum +1) instead of half your Intelligence modifier.

There's also one to be a spontaneous Cha caster, which is mentioned in Mystic Accuracy.
>>
>>49006316
>>49006386
I don't even know! I just woke up this morning IC, felt sick and looked about three months pregnant!

Paladin is sharpening longsword and has declared my unborn fetus his smite target. Party rogue is threatening violence to paladin. Wizard is staying out of them. I am still tied up. Now crying.

SHit is fucked.
>>
>>49006433

Tell us how it goes!

Good luck!
>>
>>49006433
I mean, it's likely that you half a half-demon or whatever in there and it's "not actually evil", in which case the Paladin might be on the fast track for a fall. On the flipside, it might also be Horrific Demon Fun Times.
>>
>>49006297
>Paladin has tied my bard down and stripped her, is threatening a field abortion if he cannot be talked down

What the fuck is up with these psycho fucking paladins
>>
File: 1437890955086.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1437890955086.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
>>49006464

>Half-demon
>Not actually evil
>>
What is the most "Credit to team" class/build?

It will need to both be able to provide a great deal of support to it's team while also not requiring any support in return. It will need to have durability, versatility, legality, etc. all in the same package.

>inb4 wizard
It also needs to function well at all levels of play.
>>
>>49006433

What happens if the wizard temporarily polymorphs you into something without a womb?
Like a water elemental, then maybe someone can just reach in and take the fetus out?
>>
>>49006433
Three months? In a night?
You should really talk to your DM.
What the fuck kind of game is he running?
Good news is that the kiddo is probably a native outsider so he can be rezzed if the paladin fucks up.
Also, said paladin should probably get a cleric to make sure you're not in the line of fire and the kid is actually irredeemably evil rather than 'lol you fall'.
>>49006561
That works too.
>>
File: 1390569712630.jpg (43KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1390569712630.jpg
43KB, 350x350px
>>49006433
did this GM take you all by surprise into his magical realm?
>>
>>49006457
>>49006464
>>49006489
>>49006561
>>49006588

Paladin was unable to be talked down

DM ruled it counted as a coup de grace

I passed my fort save but am bleeding out. Rogue is holding my character's guts in while the paladin prepares to heal me. Wizard has confirmed the auras are starting to dissipate. GM is pulling me aside for a near death experience side session.
>>
>>49006691
>GM is pulling me aside for a near death experience side session.

We need the full details, the exact logs if this is a text campaign.
>>
>>49006691
So that paladin fell, right?
>>
>>49006542
You basically have two options that I am familiar with that aren't 9th level casters:

>Alchemist
Most versatile class in pathfinder
9001 archetypes
Enough variable builds that 4 different people could bring an alchemist to the table and not step on each other's toes even without talking to each other.

>Warpriest
6th level cleric utility casting
Bonus feats equal to a fighter
Swift action self buffing
Healing
>>
>>49006010
To be fair, it's not necessarily a guarantee that the child is going to be disabled OR the mother is going to suffer for having a kid that late in her life.More likely, certainly, but not a 100% certainty.
>>
File: 1362094064102.gif (2MB, 313x240px) Image search: [Google]
1362094064102.gif
2MB, 313x240px
>>49006691
Well that escalated quickly
>>
>>49006715
It is not a text campaign, sorry, anon, but i'll keep y'all updated.

>>49006735
Not yet known.
>>
File: what03.png (34KB, 265x343px) Image search: [Google]
what03.png
34KB, 265x343px
>>49006767
>>49006691

>not a text campaign
>group this shitty
>>
>>49006792
It's an onlien game, up until this point it's been really fun and we're all still enjoying it probably. Roll20/discord voice.
>>
>>49006542
Ask again later.
Everyone is super into this baby-murder fetish demon rape baby thing right now.
What the fuck /pfg/?
>>
>>49006761
>More likely, certainly, but not a 100% certainty.

And all that matters is Paizo insisting the mother passed all her saves and the children came out flawless.

It's a clear push for a certain type of very modern narrative but you can't actually argue against it since the results are kosher as per Pathfinder rules.

It just bothers me how Paizo thought they needed to give this woman a stereotypical "happy ending with a loving husband and adorable children" only to then throw some Quicklings at her that brutally and maliciously slaughter her husband right outside their door.

Like, what would change about the character if she remained single or simply childless? Is Paizo really that terrified of writing a character that simply got dealt a shit hand in life and is trying to make the most of a life-ruining decision she made as a teenager? Is this some sort of incredibly convoluted excuse to kill a male character (as Paizo always loves to do)?

For real though, what's with Paizo and killing dudes.
>>
>>49006542
"Almost any bard" is obviously on the list. Arcane Duelist can make for a really solid contributor who can buff and frontline, if that's what you want. Skald's effectiveness is very group dependent, but can be ridiculously solid in the right group.
>>
>>49006542
>>inb4 wizard
>It also needs to function well at all levels of play.
UNLIMITED BAIT WORKS!
>>
>>49006747
You are so painfully wrong here it's disgusting. Warpriest is absolute garbage and Alchemist isn't even vaguely the most versatile class in PF, you've bought into the /pfg/ alchemist meme way too hard.
>>
>>49006854
I honestly want to know why that player hasn't decided to tell the DM to stop this realmery at once, but from what I can tell it's part of the tone of the game.
Which drives my curiosity as to what the fuck kind of game they're playing.
>>
>>49006935
To be fair, the /pfg/ alchemist meme isn't that it can do everything AT ONCE, it's that it can do a lot of things and a party of nothing but alchemists could theoretically function just fine, since you can build them so many different ways.

It's not as extreme as /pfg/ makes it out to be, and you probably want to slot an investigator in with those alchemists, but it's not /wrong/ per-se.
>>
>>49006884
I respectfully disagree. I believe that while very versatile, the bard/skald are less credit-to-team and much more team-force-multiplayer.

A bard can't help out a trash-tier party very well, but if the party is good-tier of even great-tier then the bard is incredible.

>>49006935
>Warpriest is absolute garbage
Compared to fucking what?
>>
>>49006978
Even Fighter is better than Warpriest at killing things.
>>
Okay, so, private session was a vision of a hyena-headed pregnant woman telling me this was my curse for killing her priests and that until I accepted it it would keep happening

sounds like lamashtu is pissed at us.

I am alive and healed. Paladin has not fallen to the best of our knowledge, but my character is avoiding him for obvious reasons. Wizard is trying to comfort me. Rogue is just staring at paladin and sharpening daggers.

my character's the only female PC in the group, which is why I think I got singled out for it.
>>
>>49006993
>one of the best DPR classes
>better at killing things than the 6th level caster
wew lad

>>49007052
>my character's the only female PC in the group, which is why I think I got singled out for it.
jesus christ
>>
>>49007052
So... what happened to all the pieces of the fetus?
Can you start a farm now by doing this every day?
>>
>>49007071
>>49007052

Before this explodes into disgust, everyone needs to realize that there is literally nothing wrong with squicky pregnancy curses, it's basically a themed version of a regular curse.
>>
>>49006856
>For real though, what's with Paizo and killing dudes.
If a man dies protecting his children, it's seen (correctly) as heroic.
If a woman dies protecting her children, it's not only heroic, but also has a tragedy multiplier attached and is seen as grimdark by a lot of people (wow, things are so shitty not even the widows are safe).
That's just how writing slants gender roles. In most novels, the nameless guard that dies in front of the hero is a dude, because most people find women dying unsettling- in fantasy, it's the lot of a man to be a warrior, but a woman chooses to be one, which is why female warriors often get the special snowflake token attached to them, as either they are the last line or they're so competent they can fight as well as (and often better than) most men.
>>
File: 1448232788390.jpg (42KB, 369x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448232788390.jpg
42KB, 369x500px
>>49007052
>>
>>49006993
>Even Fighter is better than Warpriest at killing things.

No shit. The Warpriest is a better class because it's almost as good as the Fighter at killing things plus it's, you know, a 6 level caster.
>>
How do i go about increasing my skill ranks beyond my level/increasing my hit dice at an early level?
>>
Lads I need a tragic character concept.

The type of character that people would want to see improve in the campaign, but is just as likely to wind up miserable and broken by the end doing what was right.
>>
File: 1413826817628.webm (997KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1413826817628.webm
997KB, 1280x720px
>>49007052
look on the bright side, with monster popping belly, you will never be alone ever again
>>
>>49007162
Angry, vengeful father/mother who lost his family in a goblin/orc/whatever raid.
>>
>>49007052
Apologize to Lamashtu for what you did and then give birth to your monster baby. Raise it to be a champion of good.
>>
>>49007071
>>49007096
>>49007097

Wizard has collected them and is determining source. He believes it to be a half-fiend grey render fetus. We do not plan to start a farm.
>>
>>49007162
A recently official Paladin who has a list of wrongs he's done and he has to right those wrongs throughout his journey.

And some things you just can't fix.
>>
>>49007052
>Okay, so, private session was a vision of a hyena-headed pregnant woman telling me this was my curse for killing her priests and that until I accepted it it would keep happening

So your character is literally getting unlimited free half-fiend babies. I'm sure if /pfg/ put our heads together we could come up with something useful to do with infinite half-fiends. At the least there are probably evil wizards who would pay you a lot of money for the babies - you could probably make a killing.
>>
>>49007223
>until I accepted it
Probably means "until willingly carrying the baby to term" rather than "accept the concept mentally", so there would only be one half-fiend baby.

That's still pretty squick, but sometimes squick can be good.
>>
>>49007223
I'm pretty sure that half-fiend grey renders would kill me coming out.
>>
>>49007162
Your parents were once champions of good, and brought peace to the land. You were to be the inheritor to a peaceful lordship, but the power and money your parents had collected, as well as the pressures of ruling, caused them to make foolish and reckless decisions, as they had no political experience.
Once, they went out to face an enemy of the kingdom, and never returned. The only thing you have left of them were both of their trademark weapons, which were returned only as a symbol that they had truly been killed. Since you were not old enough to inherit them and your parents were now suddenly in debt, they were eventually sold to make up the difference, meaning you don't know who holds your possible heritage weapon.
Eventually, despite all your efforts, your inheritance has been repossessed by the king, who has given it to another noble family. However, that family's head has seen your competence firsthand and knows of a suitable spouse he or she can marry you to. Prove yourself to the rest of his family, and he'll push for the marriage and you can get the estate you were raised in back.
The character will probably end up leaving children but die like his parents for the sake of the greater good.
>>
>>49007293
... is C-Section allowed?
>>
>>49007052
What level are you guys?
I'm sure the wizard has a spell that can solve this.
>>
>>49007177
>>49007195
>>49007302

Ooh, I like these! I'm trying to aim for as miserable as possible, a real "scruffy dog" character. A father who had to bury his wife and children sounds good, maybe... What if he's a former thug, and his past caught up to him when he tried to lead a quiet life?

Now he goes off on adventure, a flagellant desperate to find a cause he can die for.
>>
>>49007328
Given Lamashtu, probably not? I think her followers are expected to birth naturally.
>>49007339
We just turned level 6.
>>
>>49007381
>What if he's a former thug, and his past caught up to him when he tried to lead a quiet life?
Bit too much honestly. Don't have his story already happen.
>>
>>49007394
Well the curse might not be as picky as the religion itself
>>
>>49003328

There is if you count Wayfinder.
>>
>>49007381
What if he had a wife and she died, and he fell back into his old war days?
His children are provided for and most of them are capable of setting out on their own, but he can't stay around them or sit around his estate because with his children accounted for, he has no more obligations. They can take care of themselves,and something in them hopes to relive the adventure he won his wife in, though he knows he'll never find her again along the path. He rationalizes it by saying it's for the greater good, but until he finally lets the memory of his old adventure go and accepts her death, he'll always be chasing after the past. Hopefully he resolves it by finally going on the quest he's on for its own sake and going out in a blaze of glory to meet his wife when the time comes, or perhaps finally going back to his estate to die in peace after all is said and done.
>>
I'm tapped for new monsters to throw at the party for tonight's session. I need more monsters/magical beasts instead of the same thugs/wizards/undead/constructs I've been using. Something with ice powers maybe, or that can inflict lots of status effects. Oh and it needs some high AC too; party is very much OP.

3pp suggestions acceptable, if you can provide me their stat block.
>>
>>49007409

Would explain being a Slayer though!

Unless he was a woodsman who survived the assault on his home because he was away on a hunting trip?
>>
>>49007394
>I think her followers are expected to birth naturally.
Several servants of Lamashtu are mentioned as having cuts on their stomachs to have a C-Section, and thus allow them to have more children instead of getting killed with a natural birth. A C-Section is totally allowed, tell this to the party and your GM.
>>
>>49007548
>*something in him
I'd think that even if she was a princess or lady or something the wife would be an adventurer in her own right and they settled down after the last job.
Maybe he has some old friends that cross paths with him, having fallen into a blacksmith's job or mayor's seat.
>>
>>49004212
Anybody got any advice for me on this? Some other way to improve the concept?
>>
>>49007573
Brought it up. GM is requiring religion rolls to figure out the specifics of the curse, but it seems like the above idea that I have to carry a child to term and give birth to it (naturally or by c-section) is likely. No one is having fun IC right now, but OOC we're enjoying it; this is a pretty neat curse I think, and it makes sense. Trying tof igure out the best way to proceed from here.

Wizard things going to civlization might be a bad idea; the curse is definitely too powerful for our casters to dispel, but given Lamashtu's preferances we're looking at trying to please her to make the curse go easier, if at all possible.
>>
>>49006978

I think the bard in particular can be both. While one works great as a force multiplier, depending on the party there is usually a bard build that works very well.

How do you define a trash-tier party, btw? Poor stats, weaker classes, bad tactics?
>>
>>49007650
>but OOC we're enjoying it
As long as that's the case, best of luck then!
>>
>>49007650
ok if OOC is working then good
That would be a curse to creep out many people
>>
>bought core rulebook for myself
>DM thinks i'm using it to metagame
>just wanted it so i didn't have to keep checking PDFs for my class's shit
>>
>>49007813
>GM thinks having the core rulebook means metagaming
>doesn't think this about pdfs
fucking what
>>
>>49008057
he sent us edited PDFs that only have the class you chose and a list of feats
he's a strange man
>>
>>49008127
That is some weird and probably excess control. Do the pdfs include every option for that class, or is it a limited selection?
>>
>>49008127
Just imagine how he will react once you show him the srd.
>>
>>49007692
>>49007786

Okay, session is just ending. It looks like the final decision we're making is to try to appease Lamashtu with htis; the rogue, wizard, and I will make a place out here in the wilderness to stay. The Paladin's going to return to civilization to report our success and maybe get some help for my bard; in the meantime we're settling in for a long-haul of pregnancy and mostly self-sufficiency out here in the riverlands. Gonna try to not fuck it up as much as we can; no one here's willing to sacrifice their morals and ethics for it, but we don't want my character to die, so we'll see what happens as we try to walk that line.
>>
>>49008169
or google in general
>>
File: 1377200250520.jpg (26KB, 284x330px) Image search: [Google]
1377200250520.jpg
26KB, 284x330px
>>49008195
>mfw when im doing my job as a woodchuck and walk into a murderhobo pregnancy cult ritual
>>
File: 1472247880082.gif (1MB, 360x268px) Image search: [Google]
1472247880082.gif
1MB, 360x268px
>>49008195
here have this gif
>>
>finally starting a land of the linnorm kings campaign
>GM allows most third party within reason
>have no clue what to play
So how's your weekend /pfg/?
>>
>>49008311
What the hell is that
>>
>>49008379
pick a parasite bug and how it reproduces
>>
>>49008379
I very much regret looking up the earliest archived appearance of this picture and seeing the picture of lamprey disease as well.
>>
>>49008416
Why would you link something like that.
>>
>>49008481
S Q U I C K
>>
>>49008351
i bought some 40k models to assemble while my campaign continues to bore me
my DM fell for the 8 player meme (thanks, critical role) and half the time i just can't pay attention when its two guys RPing with each other and talking over me
>>
>>49006294
I'm still talking to the publisher about it, although it looks like most of the mystic bolt content will be in a soon to be announced companion to Crimson Throne (as well as a [not] Grey Lady prestige class), but the wheels of justice are grinding really damn slowly right now.

Also either int or cha to damage makes them less grabage, as does being able to effectively apply clustered shots to energy resistance helps.
>>
>>49008608
>Crimson Throne companion
Uh, how does that work with a 3rd-party publisher? Isn't CotCT Paizo IP, and therefore not open-content?
>>
>>49008127
Drop the game immediately. The GM is obviously a control freak who wants robots over you with his "superior" knowledge of the system and make sure no one else can correct him if he's wrong

>>49008195
Look into the spell Rubber Body. That may help with the process.

Also, aren't Gray Renders normally peaceful if overprotective of their adoptive territory/community?
Sounds like an interesting child to me.
>>
>>49006429
Nah, you're good, I'd have just reposted it myself.
>>
>>49008624
Hell if I know, it's like a plug in thing, where it's kind of related, but it's kind of not. It's content that could theoretically help people playing in the game, but at the same time, we're not bringing up anything specifically related to it; seems LG does this a lot.
>>
I need that feat that drops your skin everywhere when you shapechange, quick.

Does anyone have a link to the page that describes it? It was called Gruesome something.

Its from a recent book
>>
>>49008630
Apparently they're Neutral, dim-witted badasses who have a protective bond to someone they attach to.
They have an Int of 3 but can somehow speak Giant.
Oops.
>>
Does anyone have the image of how Paizo sees powergamers? I think his name was Morgan Ironwolf.
>>
>>49008829
do you mean multiclassers?
>>
>>49008630
Mentioned the spell to the wizard; he's gonna try to pick up a copy if we can.

And yeah, Gray Renders are normally like that. We'll have to see how the kid is, I guess. My big worry is that since it's Large sized and I'm medium thigns will get, uh, awkward later on in the pregnancy.
>>
>>49008845
Yeah that one, the guy with like 3 levels in every core class.
>>
File: foN90JI.jpg (1001KB, 3060x1980px) Image search: [Google]
foN90JI.jpg
1001KB, 3060x1980px
>>49008747

Gruesome Shapechanger, from Horror Adventures.
>>
>>49008351

Anon we need details of what everyone else is playing and what the DM intends with the campaign.
>>
>>49008633
>>49008608
Well in that case, I'll dump the other two feats for this anon >>49006340 now that I'm back. Having to wait until a CotCT companion is going to be a pain, but such is life. Doubly painful because there's a thread on GitP about the warlock and all the posts are "yea, it's irredeemable shit right now" and that causes me physical pain.

Vigilante Casting Savant
Prerequisite: Vigilante 5th, must have an archetype with the alchemy or spellcasting class feature.
Benefit: You gain a vigilante talent.
Special: You cannot select this feat if you possess the Vigilante Savant feat.

Charismatic Caster
Prerequisite: 1st level cabalist, warlock, or zealot.
Benefit: You now cast as a spontaneous caster (if you didn’t already), using the bard’s spells known to determine how many spells you know, as well as no longer needing a spellbook to prepare your spells. You also use your Charisma modifier instead of your Intelligence or Wisdom modifier to determine your spells per day, bonus spells, spell DCS, and other related spell effects.
Special: This feat must be selected at 1st level, or before your first level of cabalist, warlock, or zealot. A cabalist, warlock, or zealot can choose to gain this feat in place of their 1st level social talent. A zealot who takes this feat also uses their Charisma in place of their Wisdom for all abilities related to their inquisition.
>>
>>49008868

What's with half-elves and getting their uteruses ruined by huge pregnancies? First we had the half-elf knocked up by a Minotaur, and now a half-elf getting knocked up by some freaky idiot monster.
>>
>>49009017
Technically the half-elf in this scenario is pregnant due to a godly curse, not due to sex.
>>
>>49009047

It's still a half-elf with a huge baby growing in her, just because a deity put it there instead of a penis doesn't change that.
>>
>>49008624
Legendary Games does thematic supplements for most APs. For instance, they had a line of tech-Conan stuff linked to Iron Gods named "Metal Gods".
>>
>>49008800
Int 3+ is sapient.
>>
>>49008351
Be a Tosculi and wear a coat that's way fluffier and thicker than everyone else's so that you can into fluffy wasp.
>>
>>49009195
Has anyone even played that race?
>>
>>49006429
>>49008990
Well shit, with those I'd be super set. Now, if only there was something useful for Dual Identity and Social Talents.

And someway for me to convince my GM to allow any of this ;_;
>>
File: Chaika PARTY HARD.gif (396KB, 541x332px) Image search: [Google]
Chaika PARTY HARD.gif
396KB, 541x332px
>>49009245
WELL ABOUT THAT ANON, THERE'S ARCHETYPES FOR THAT SHIT.

>Inquisitive Detective lets you get Investigator Inspiration, and spend social talents to get investigator talents in order to add it to skill rolls without spending inspiration
>You lose your first and eleventh level social talents, which fucks up getting Genius Vigilante/Charismatic Caster... BUT
>Exposed drops Dual Identity entirely and gives you an extra skill point/level PLUS a bonus social talent at 1st level you can spend on either of those feats

Shit's too fucking big to copypaste here I think, but I can try in another post.
>>
Anyone have that one Warder build made to kill Fafnheir?
>>
File: FESS_Lute.png (235KB, 340x637px) Image search: [Google]
FESS_Lute.png
235KB, 340x637px
>>49009303
BRUH, I'M IN LOVE.

HAHA TIME FOR GENIUS MAGE EXTRAORDINAIRE!
>>
File: Pathgrey.jpg (17KB, 224x598px) Image search: [Google]
Pathgrey.jpg
17KB, 224x598px
Has anyone even done anything with these, or did Paizo waste it's time with a monster statblock yet again?
>>
>>49009065
I dunno, man. Like I said, my half-elf isn't even a slut; she's not chaste but, like, she doesn't sleep around a lot. Maybe it's a combination of human sluttiness with elven for lewdness or some meme shit?
>>
File: FESaleh.png (390KB, 473x773px) Image search: [Google]
FESaleh.png
390KB, 473x773px
>>49009349
>Fire Emblem art

A man of fine taste, just like myself. You can thank EhnJolly for being hardcore bullied until he was willing to add everything. There's also another archetype that replaces the Startling/Frightening/Stunning appearance line that gives you favored terrain and some other stuff.

Fuck it, I'm already on a roll, and I'm copypasting this from a personal doc anyway, might as well give you a preview of an archetype too.

>Inquisitive Detective
>Truth is a powerful thing, especially to an inquisitive detective. With an innate sense of curiosity, these truth seeker see beyond the lies of the world, using their guile and instincts to find clues where others would falter. An inquisitive detective cannot stop their search for answers until the bitter end, expending any and every resource available to them to do so.
>Inquisitive Inspiration (Ex) At 1st level, an inquisitive detective gains the inspiration class feature of an investigator of their inquisitive detective level, using their Charisma to determine how much inspiration they possess instead of their Intelligence. They do not gain free uses of inspiration on trained Knowledge, Linguistics, and Spellcraft checks unless they take the inspired intelligence investigator talent (see below), although they cannot select the inspired vigilanteUI talent.
>This ability replaces the 1st and 11th level social talents.
>Detective Talents (Ex) At 3rd level and every 2 levels thereafter, an inquisitive detective can select an investigator talent instead of a social talent, using their Charisma modifier in place of their Intelligence modifier for the purpose of their investigator talents. They are treated as though they had the investigator talent class feature for the purposes of selecting the Extra Investigator TalentACG feat, and cannot select the alchemist discoveryACG talent or an investigator talent that affects a class feature they do not have.
>This ability alters social talents.
>>
>>49009313

The new build for Fafnheir is a Warder (Zweihander/Ordained) with Unorthodox Technique replacing Golden Lion with Elemental Flux.
>>
>>49009470
Damn, I've been wanting this kind of character for a very long time.

How do I convince my GM to allow this kind of thing?
>>
>>49009591
Tell them it was written by the rising star of 3pp, author of the vaunted Kineticist of Porphyra series as well as by the most prolific guide writer to date, someone who knows balance in and out and does their best to be a hero.

Or bribe them, I'm not the one who needs permission, I already got to play a trickshot sniper exposed vigilante, my life's complete.
>>
File: ChaikaSlowSmile.gif (664KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
ChaikaSlowSmile.gif
664KB, 500x282px
>>49009591
Well, first you'd have to ask, probably. I'd get all the content in one place and ask him to look it over. I have an advantage here because I still have the old playtest doc, so barring any dramatic changes I have at least a rough estimate of things. You're stuck either crossing your fingers for the release (which is likely not for a while), getting you a copy of the playtest (which might be outdated), or hoping someone like me takes pity on you and slaps everything into a pastebin for your GM to look through. Which I can and will do unless I get told to stop. Clock's ticking.

Though, the thing is: if your GM refuses to even look at it, let alone accept it, you're probably shit out of luck. Mine usually needs to be eased into things to accept them, but is otherwise fairly lenient.
>>
>>49009724
>>49009761
Problem my GM has is he doesn't like reading over large amounts of new material. He dislikes psionics and PoW because he doesn't want to "learn the subsystem and a ton of new spells." He even has resistance to casters due to the number of different spells he'd have to learn.

wakemeup.jpg
>>
>>49009761
The playtest is pretty outdated for a few things, but generally the more simple archetypes are kept the same. Like I said before; you can share any playtest docs you have kept, but please don't repost the playtest doc, especially now. It's very different from what will be put out when complete, so it's not super accurate. Really, I'm sure we'll see something from it soon enough (the publisher is teasing it in a thread on Paizo, although I'm not sure which book they're teasing), so just try and be patient (yes, I know it's asking a lot), and I'm sure it'll be out soon enough.
>>
>>49009812
Have them just read over the relevant parts; unlike POW and Psionics, this isn't a new system. It's just a few pieces of extra content, so piece out what you want to use and show it to them like it was normal paizo content, rather than throwing the entire doc at them.
>>
>>49009838
That might work. I have low hopes but maybe I should just find a new group.

Problem is my GM is my brother. Kind of hard to leave a game under those circumstances. It also makes it awkward when I'm the only one with 3pp material; might seem like nepotism.
>>
>>49009820
>>49009838
I have a similar doc I was going to throw at my own GM with just the relevant bits, and that was going to be what I pastebin'd for anon. Pretty sure it's pretty up-to-date, and more than half of it is already in the thread.

Do you know how hard it is to contain myself? One of my favorite concepts that I banged my head trying to homebrew for, and you stroll in and soak it all up into published content.
>>
>>49009919
Why not show it to others; if you can get your bro to accept it, it might open the way to more 3pp content at your table, and that's always aces. Once it's released, it'll be added to the Vigilante guide, which'll make it seem more legit too (I talked with the writer, I got him into 3pp publishing.)

>>49009949
Let me know how it turns out, I'm always willing to help people use my content if at all possible.
>>
>>49004933
no line of effect. you'll detect you.
>>
You fuckers know nothing of human reproduction or the resilience of mothers, or of women in general. My mother fucking lived through the cultural revolution and was forced to do hard labor in inner Mongolia and still had me when she was 36.
I'm fully 6' tall and healthy.
Other older friend's mothers were 40 when they had them and medical care wasn't the greatest back then.

Also Golarion has magic and clerics.
>>
>>49010171
wew lad
>>
>>49008888
Thank you quadsenpai
>>
Why does DSP suck so much lately?
>>
>>49010171
Fuck off you fucking normie with friends. Your kind isn't wanted here.
>>
>>49010279
Maybe they need some new blood.
>>
>>49010279
All their effort is going into the PoW:E errata
>>
File: 1446056335018.jpg (48KB, 224x257px) Image search: [Google]
1446056335018.jpg
48KB, 224x257px
>>49010279
D'ya care to elaborate on that comment, anon?
>>
File: GGMystery.png (242KB, 955x643px) Image search: [Google]
GGMystery.png
242KB, 955x643px
>>49010046
I unfortunately won't be able to use it for a while, I just figured it'd be a good thing to pastebin for the other anon. I was trying to be coy about making sure it was fine for a paste of the relevant things anon would need... Since I already knew you didn't want the entire playtest being posted and I just dumped stuff.

I intended to show my DM for a 1-on-1 game, but it turned out to be Iron Gods and I didn't feel like trying to also jury rig a way around hardness. I ended up with an Empiricist Investigator instead which was a debatable but still choice. Had I been able to convince my GM to Gestalt I would have been all over it though.
Actually right about to go start another session of that, now that I mention it.
>>
>>49010349
Everything past Path of War: Expanded has been kinda "meh" and pretty much no better than other "decent but not amazing" 3pp publishers. And even then PoWE has lots of balance problems. Elemental Flux >>>>>>>>>>>>> Piercing Thunder, Tempest Gale.

Except for anything Forrest writes. Like, you can tell in the PsyWar playtest that Forrest's shit is 10000x better than any other DSP writer's.
>>
File: 1436138377887.png (66KB, 296x285px) Image search: [Google]
1436138377887.png
66KB, 296x285px
>>49010171

It's still a silly idea to settle for some middle-aged broad when you've got a full selection of young hotties as an adventurer.

Besides, it's not like DMs ever present the older women as potential partners.

Which is a damn shame.
>>
>>49009949
I kinda would like to see the document.I want to be the Fire Emblem
>>
>>49010394
I'm suspecting that's just a 'you' thing. Folks seem pretty happy with the progression of Lords of the Wild, enthusiastic about Psionics Augmented: Occult, etc, so forth. And that's fine, there's always gonna be material that doesn't grab this section of the audience, or that one.
>>
File: peek.png (76KB, 953x646px) Image search: [Google]
peek.png
76KB, 953x646px
Wow, /pfg/ isn't dead? I'm impressed! Or mortified. I'm not sure which.

So GM is wanting us to hunt for theme music for our characters now, which is sorta funny because I was going to off-handedly ask what they may think might be suitable since I think someone with a bit of distance from my characters might be able to come up with something far more fitting than I can. But now I'm having a time trying to find reasonable theme music for Elsbeth and I fear I may have hit a wall. Suggestions?
>>
>>49010394
So what you're saying is Forrest should exclusively make content and the others should just fuck off because they're shit writers and can't design for crap?
>>
>>49004999
Psycrystal Creature should probably allow melding with constructs (other than just the clockwork spy) faster and easier than it does vegepygmies and elementals of all things!

The Implanted psicrystal isn't bad... but kind of boring. I think it might give *too much* initiative for what it loses, while also losing just a bit too much of its utility for what it grants. In other words maybe it should offer something else to go with that init, but a bit less init. The Sighted ability on it has no action (although it should probably be free) for activation, and maybe same for resistant mind: you're losing the psicrystal's actions with the implant model, which while limited, could probably at least activate their own abilities!

Psicrystal weapon: Also does it provide its own charges if someone's dumb enough to turn it into a laser torch? Can you refill it with PPs or something instead? Can it bond with ANY weapon or only also just melee? Can it really be enchanted only as melee if bonded to a ranged weapon then?

Material Mastery is completely useless: By 15th level if your weapon can't bypass those material requirements by its composition and/or enhancement bonus (by 15th probably does by both) you've obviously been disarmed of your normal weapon, but that would mean your psicrystal's been shattered for today.

Attuned Aegis Psicrystal may need an equivalent aegis level for purposes of what customizations it takes (or at least be said to have its owner's). It is probably one of the best options, but not for normal unoptimized characters: It can get very little out of this ability (what is it gonna do, try to fight? learn to breathe water?) under normal circumstances though, so it's probably meant as a hidden gem for initiators/veilweaver Aegii?

Soulknife version: YOU GUYS FORGOT THERE'S RANGED STUFF TOO AGAIN! Stop doing that, I still remember that steelforge playtest! How about just treating the psicrystal's position as an origin point for attacks?
>>
>>49001666
I like it.
>>
>>49005506
Disjunction the fuck out of it, and then stab it to death just in case.

The anons were not wrong. You are in a 'nuke it from orbit' scenario, whatever comes out may or may not do so explosively, but it is beyond bad news.
>>
>>49010394
Forrest is very good at coming up with conceptually interesting ideas and generally fun things, so her work is the flashiest and has the most direct appeal to jaded people like us.

But I think what are also needed are solid, vanilla-flavored normal things.
Like in the soulknife supplement, the psychic armory got all the attention, but Augmented Blade was the real new benefit for the soulknife: standard soulknife flavor, but improved to be actually good.

Do Halo Knight/Reaver fill that role in the new playtest? Eh, not sure. But the need for things like that is there.

I agree Forrest's stuff is the best
Gareth's stuff is good too
So is that wall of text guy who did Goetic, Empath and Madman
>>
>>49010482
>But now I'm having a time trying to find reasonable theme music for Elsbeth and I fear I may have hit a wall. Suggestions?

Baby Got Back
>>
File: 1420750829573.jpg (10KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1420750829573.jpg
10KB, 250x241px
>>49010482

>We've got nudes of Elsbeth
>Nothing of Helen
>The Dark Elf that's way, way lewder than Elsbeth ever is

C'mon man.
>>
File: Wily.gif (2KB, 114x130px) Image search: [Google]
Wily.gif
2KB, 114x130px
>>49006735
Actually, it sounds like he did the only sane thing that could be done, ESPECIALLY as he was doing it with full knowledge and preparation for the subsequent healing.

A bit of a "80 damage isn't murder if you know damn well that's the minimum to just knock out the barbarian you're aiming for nonlethally" situation. Knowing how much power and how to apply it are important, and as gruesome as his task may have been this time, he's probably saved the bard and whatever ELSE would have been doomed.

Nay, the *CORRECT* way for the paladin to take responsibility is to apologize for having had to take away one child, and when she's properly healed up help make her a much more holy one to replace it.
>>
>>49010549
Oh, credit where it's due: I like the packmaster and that werewolf soulknife too.

Chimera Soul and the Medic are boring to me but I know there are people that like them. They're just... playing it very safe and keeping closer to the sort of design aesthetic seen in most of 1pp and for that it doesn't feel like they bring anything new to the table.
>>
>>49010542

Little late, it got stabbed to death but it turns out they pissed off lamashtu, so the elf's gotta carry a half-fiend grey render to term. Last the player said, they're going full hermit family until the kid pops her belly.
>>
New Thread >>49010641
>>49010641
>>49010641
>>49010641
>>49010641
>>
>>49006856
If she was childless, then she would be getting punished by quicklings for being a strong independont wymyn.

The story was about making sure breeders always get what they are seen as deserving.
>>
>>49008630
>>49008868
There's no saying for certain the next critter will be a Gray Render. It might be a Gug or a Grick or something.
>>
>>49010046
>>49009919
An easy way to introduce 3PP is in small quantities. Classes and archetypes are very large and in-your-face about the changes, but there are plenty of feats and spells that aren't very OP or anything. Make little suggestions here and there befitting other players' concepts, or find spells that are very handy for the party that aren't offensive (3PP buffs aren't too common, and most suck, but... I'm sure there are some decent ones out there).
>>
>>49007223
Shouldn't the character's own fucking deity be preventing this bullshit? What the fuck happened to non-interference?

This is Iomedae's trumpets session all over.

The answer for your party is thus clear: The gods must die. Very, Very violently.
>>
Can somebody give me a link to the ethumion doc? Google isn't helping me.
>>
File: 1417890318410.jpg (33KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1417890318410.jpg
33KB, 500x336px
>>49010700
Just as planned.
>>
>>49010647
my bad, came across it a bit later. See >>49010700
in regards to that though, because someone either needs a new fucking god since theirs does nothing to protect them, or the gods need to go down.
>>
>>49010744
Anon please, they're level six.
>>
>>49010732
>>49010762
You have another Fire Emblem archetype? Can I marry you?
>>
>>49010785
That doesn't stop it having to be done.
>>
>>49010732
Man, why the hell do things keep being based off the new and cruddy fire emblems?
>>
>>49010831
I think the only exception is if their god changed it from a fiend to a good aligned outsider or something. Maybe if they're trapped or something.
>>
>>49011133
While spellcasters can call upon said powers to put down curses, deities themselves cursing an enemy god's followers for being enemies is exactly the kind of thing that's supposed to be prevented.

Reason is simple: There's fucking nothing stopping anyone else from doing the same to your worshipers. ANY god can wipe out all the worshipers of every other god they're enemies with, the worshipers can't do fuck all.

It won't be long that worshipers either die or stop being so, knowing their gods offer *nothing* yet demand everything.
>>
>>49011214
I agree but a good could get a pass if they get in touch with the victim later and are like "hey, so that happened but don't worry
I hijacked their major act with a minor act and I'll make it up to you for bearing me a servant" but even that's iffy.
>>
>>49011286
The enemy god apologizing? Fat chance there.

Plus, the only ones getting anything good out of it in that scenario are the enemy god, and your asshole opportunist of a deity that decided they'd at least get something out of you at the same time.

That's not reparations, that's reasons for ghandi to launch everything he has (he IS a bit of a warmonger)
>>
>>49011286
>Sorry about that, you still alive? I was busy not giving a fuck about you. Don't you feel great about all this now?

How's that deserve a pass?
>>
>>49011368
Friendly god apologizing, it's just enough to not warrant murdering that god. Killing the other and removing the divine spark from the friendly one on the other hand would be a must.
>>
>>49010636
Well, if you want things further outside of the design meta, Gonzo II is filled with fun shit, even if portions of it are not written in the best way.
>>
>>49010413
>every single NPC the players have run into that aren't children have been a little older (2-3 years) to a lot older (long-lived races count, right?) than the party
>the players have shown zero interest in the NPCs, deciding instead to have their characters date while adventuring

That problem is
>>
>>49011286
>Hey don't worry, I raped you too so it's okay
???
>>
>>49003517
The thing about hit rate and Power Attack is that high-BAB and mid-BAB classes can equip the same weapons no problem. The only inherent difference between them in combat is just that: BAB.
What does Power Attack's penalty scale by? BAB. High-BAB classes have more to lose, so they lose more.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.