[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 368
Thread images: 44

File: 40kg.jpg (178KB, 1200x569px) Image search: [Google]
40kg.jpg
178KB, 1200x569px
B(l)ack to basics editions

>Fresh(er) pasta
>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
The big upload circle is broken, stop asking for new books, you’ll have to buy it or look for yourself.

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Tzeentch you dick-ass dirty bird, stop fucking with my posts!
>>
Posted too late in the thread, so here's a link to my post: >>48865891
>>
File: 236222.jpg (24KB, 250x391px) Image search: [Google]
236222.jpg
24KB, 250x391px
2nd for loyalists
>>
>People actually play the Obelisk's tesla sphere as a fixed mount gun instead of a sphere

Why does this level of autism exist?
>>
>>48865992
Because God wants to test you. That's my reason why He puts some the crazy stuff in nature. Prehistoric stuff was just him putting whatever Jesus drew on His fridge.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 2000x2000px
>>48865992

What you do is keep calm and refute every argument that make by just saying "Sphere."

>The model has a barrel and it's glued in place!

Sphere.

>It's on a little metal track!

Sphere.

>You're arguing RAI only RAW counts!

Sphere.
>>
Do raptors have any real advantage over similarly geared chaos bikers?
>>
>>48865992
Yes they do. They have lost the ability to play any game that might require a bit of imagination.

>"No if it could fire more than 45* the Model would have been built to allow you to move the Sphere. It is hull mounted so you only get 45* of firing range."

>"umm Autistic-kun? With the height of the model that means half the board is a no fire zone..."

>"Thems the Rules!"

I thought the game was for kids 10 and up...
>>
>>48866121
Can the bikers take double melta guns ?
>>
>>48866167
On a t5 platform with jink too.
>>
>>48866121
deep strike, fear, can eventually become daemons (at least fluff wise they become warp talons, it'd be cool if they could become them mid game by destroying a unit or something), jump pack giving hammer of wrath and reroll charge if not used in movement
>>
Do we have the full Deathwatch codex in PDF or epub?
>>
>>48866226
We've the full rules, no fluff.
>>
Getting ready to paint up mt first special snowflake army. Any pointers on how to better fluff them? They're are a chapter that was lost in the warp for a grand total of 14 minutes. For them it was decades of battling through the Gardens of Nurgle. It was only through the sacrifice of there chapter master and his honor guard that they were able to escape. Their complete lack of mutation or illness led to the scrutiny from the inquisition. The Ordo Malleus and Ordo Xenos had brief infighting over who's authority they fell under. At first Chaos sorcery seemed to be the cause of their immunity but classified evidence strongly implied very powerful xeno witchcraft. During the feud the chapter was able to escape. Branded renegades, they changed their name to the Sons of Asclepius and set out to wage their war against the sick god. They now spread the knowledge of healing and medicine to the worlds of the galaxy and purge the corruption of the Great Enemy with sterilizing fire wherever it is found. Chapter Master is the former Chief Apothecary. Thinking of using either Iron Hands or Red Scorpion chapter tactics and using loads of tacticals, devastators and sternguard.
>>
Are Enslavers still a thing?
>>
>>48866592
Yes. Just not as prominent as they were normally.
>>
File: 6a892674e59d2ea21f89809d621d7918.jpg (105KB, 736x1019px) Image search: [Google]
6a892674e59d2ea21f89809d621d7918.jpg
105KB, 736x1019px
To what extent are daemons sapient/do they have personality?
Do they socially interact with one another? What about their mortal followers?
>>
I remember someone posting a pretty simple mech guard list with banewolves and devildogs. Anyone got it or something similar on hand?
>>
>>48866680
Is it strange that running 6 Banewolves actually gives me an erection.
>>
>>48866677
daemons have been known to do stuff against their god's will. skarbrand tried to kill khorne and some daemonettes got carried away so they ran over their fellows in a seeker chariot.

daemons have been known to group up and collaborate with each other (different gods and social ranks). not sure about mortal followers but daemonkind practically worships bloodthristers
>>
>>48866592
Yes, they're just a fringe threat like the Rak'gol are.
>>
>>48866132
>>48866098
my thought is that while I consider it hull-mounted. I would believe it could shoot a unit even if they're 2 inches from it because it looks like the Spheres have a pretty wide rage of motion.

so if a unit is towards one of the flat facing, I would consider that 2 of the Tesla Spheres would be able to shoot; if they're facing a corner, 3 Spheres can shoot them.

Also I thought the "sphere" was in consideration of the weapon's shape, not its projectile shape. I may have misunderstood a bit of what you guys were trying to say on that part, so sorry in advance
>>
Don't have the pdf but canDW ger special ammo on hurricane bolters?
>>
>>48866857
No special ammo for vehicles because reasons.

Annoys me.
>>
File: black_legion_banner-620x250.jpg (63KB, 620x250px) Image search: [Google]
black_legion_banner-620x250.jpg
63KB, 620x250px
>>48865855
If you were betting men, what do you think will drop first 8th Edition or a new CSM codex?
>>
>>48866910
CSM a shit
>>
>>48866910
CSM right before, just in time to get the bad half of the rules but not in time to ride the new wave.
>>
>>48866896
Not even Dread/LR Heavy Bolters?
>>
>>48866945
>>48866941
Where did we go wrong? Why must spiky marines always get the shaft?
>>
>>48866968
No special ammo for vehicles because reasons.

Hell not even termies get it for their storm bolters.
>>
>>48866975
somewhere in the depths of england there a few people still upset over getting beat by chaos 3.5
>>
>>48866975
Because evil bad guys always need to lose and even more so now after the clusterfuck that was fantasy end times chaos winning.

As an aside, am I the only one that doesn't want any races or factions removed from warhammer 40k? I like the diversity in options, I want alot of playable races instead of space marines vs spikey marines. Keep the tau, keep the nids, keep both the eldar. Having the options there makes the lore deeper, the possible scenarios more fun and less stale.
>>
>>48867095
I don't want races/factions removed but consolidating them would be nice.

So we just have a big fat Angels of death dex with simultaneously planned and released rules instead of 7 different ones.
>>
>>48867141
only gonna happen when they stop selling so well or GW gets bored of them
>>
Can anyone help me with this please? >>48865891
>>
>>48867141
One combined SM codex would be nice. Maybe keep wolves separate, possibly also GKs.

CSM should turn into Renegade Marines in between demon marines and loyal marines while demon marines go into KDK, NDK, TDK, SDK and the Daemons book is just Chaos Undivided with all the gods plus Black Legion in one book. Cause right now there's no good way to represent Renegade Marines and true Chaos Marines only really do well alongside demons anyways.

More xenos would be cool too. Some guy suggested Cults and Militia but with 40k and ayys.
>>
>>48867247
>Wolves seperate
Nah, if anything just GK and DW, maybe bundle them with SoB and Inq.
>>
File: Rak'Gol_Marauder.jpg (131KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
Rak'Gol_Marauder.jpg
131KB, 500x555px
>>48867247
But I play Iron Warriors... they're neither Renegades nor Daemon Kin. Also if they added a Rak'gol army I would totally play them.
>>
>>48867234
Have you read the codex?
>>
>>48867321
Would anybody be up for an updated or completely new adeptus custodes codex? Considering they aren't space marines and it is approaching the not-end Times I wouldn't mind the custodes coming back
>>
>>48867359
I'd say after IG regiment rules.
>>
>>48867332
Well by "renegades" I mean the neutral marines that left the Imperium post Heresy or post Badab (ie corsairs) and Heretic Legions that aren't generally daemony (IW, NL, AL).
>>
>>48867321
Oh yeah, combo inquis codex again would be cool (scions, inq, sob, deathwatch, GK)
>>
>>48867340
Yes, I can use the markerlights with them. I'm just dubious about their abilities. Sniper drones seem to be better by far. I'm just unsure of their niche. Cheapo snipers ain't bad bad you know. Want to hear opinions.
>>
>>48866945
Or right after 8e, so that the designers are not entirely familiar with the new rules and make 1-2 totally OP things (one of which is a new kit entirely) that you'll be called out for using and the rest of is mostly shit. And all the codexes after it will be way more balanced and better overall.
>>
new to painting, are there any cool paint schemes i can try with my crons to make them not monochrome
>>
>>48867496

You don't need to go with Sautekh dynasty, no.

I suggest you get Thokt.
>>
>>48867496
I was going to suggest ceramic look, but being new, can't recommend it.
>>
>>48867496
I'm always a fan of brassy necrons. Looks good with a lot of highlighting 'glowy science light' colors too.
>>
>>48866121
+ dangerous terrain
+ charge rerolls
+ deepstrike
+ fear

- Minus 1 T
- No jink
- No hammer of wrath if jumppack used to move
- No TL relentless bolters
>>
>>48867572
Also, no turbo boost, so no Sorcerer bodyguardness.
>>
I picked up the MT starter box to get a commisar into my current MT army, has anyone discussed stock scions or heavily geared scions as part of the hellrain formation?
>>
>>48867692
I don't see any reason to not give them special weapons.
>>
>>48867496
I run Ogdobekh Dynasty dudes. Lots of brass and burnished penny aesthetics. it looks boss as fuck, and incredibly easy to paint. Fastest vehicles I ever painted.
>>
>>48867736
>Not Novokh

Weakling.
>>
>>48867718
I figured, though it was also towards thing like vox casters and if the sarge gets upgrades I suppose.

Also mix/max squad at different points games I suppose.
>>
>>48867777
I'll stop saying suppose sometime.
>>
>>48867749
eh, I was looking for techno-fluff for my 6e Cryptek-focused list and I didn't want to paint silver. Novokh is like... bloodyfaced silver robots. Not really interested.

That said I did give my Overlord Iron Man's face for giggles.
>>
For a new player coming in...
How competitive is the game? I'm coming from M:tG.
What are the best and worst armies?
How do Allies work?
Where the fuck do I start? I like the look of Chaos Space Marines but everyone in the thread is shitting on them.
>>
>>48867496
Check the dawn of war schemes
The teal stone look is awesome
>>
So I have a question that came up in a previous game. If a space marine squad walks onto the board from a board edge, and had to roll a move through cover result of double ones, is the unit destroyed or stay in reserves because their whole base cannot fit on the table?
>>
>>48867973
I main CSM and they're pretty fun to play. Really strong Independent Characters, pretty good choppa, and the ability to ally them with Daemons or Heretics can make them pretty competitive. In all honesty though, if you're just looking to win then you'll want to play another army.
>>
>>48867973
Competitive nature makes this game unfun.

It's a beer and pretzels type game.
>>
>>48867973
>How competitive is the game?
As competitive as you and your opponents want to be. Their are two circles at my FLGS those that play for the story and those that play in tournaments.
>What are the best and worst armies?
Lurk more but Eldar/SM/Tau are the top while Orks/Tyranids/CSM are at the bottom. I did not put these in any particular order.
>How do Allies work?
Question is too broad, there is a chart in the rulebook that shows you what faction can ally with other factions and the different kind of alliances.
Where the fuck do I start?
Getting the rulebook and hobby supplies is a good start, watch some bat reps and read some lore to get really into it and then pick your faction. It is also a good idea to survey your area for other players, otherwise you are doomed from the start.
>>
>>48867777
I kinda want to try giving a Scion squad 2 Meltaguns and a Power Fist to be a nuisance to vehicles. I would replace the Tempestor's Power Fist with Melta Bombs if I saw an option to take it.
>>
>>48867973
Well there's a category of players that get harped on doing their damndest to win. (WAAC, win at all costs)
most others try to get it across they're looking for fun.
Best armies are Tau, vanilla space marines, and eldar.
Actual tiers generally go as T= A, VSM= A~B+, and E= SSS.
At least until i hear a loud nay for typing this.

Allies work as detachments, and you can't ally them to your main detachment if they're the same faction.

Starter boxes are the best deal you can get out of a store, but there's also board game boxes GW puts out with two forces fighting each other normally.
>>
>>48868192
I suppose the power fist would give the other player incentive to completely remove the unit, though S6 won't threaten most of the vehicles around here.
>>
>>48868072
My meta would probably rule it as move the bare minimum extra to put your bases on the table.

You could just common sense avoid it by not slapping sizeable crater lanes and trench lines on the very damn edge of the board. I cannot actually think of a single game map where we set it up this way.
>>
>>48868199
>Actual tiers generally go as T= A, VSM= A~B+, and E= SSS.

Not him but what does this mean?
>>
>>48868289
I thought it was some fucked up math problem but I think he is saying grading them and SSS is some sort of above A+ grade.

>inb4 this thread devolves into Tau and Space Marines trying to push the other into second place so they don't feel as bad in third.
>>
>>48868289
Factions get broken down by how effective/strong they are.

Eldar own the biggest guns when it comes to the power balance in game.
>inb4 salty IG players
>>
>>48867973
>Where the fuck do I start?
The Get Started! Boxes are a great start.
Similar to but not as complete as a M:TG Deck Box.
>>
File: image.png (13KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
13KB, 227x222px
>playing my SoB versus Dangles
>Run a trio of Penitent Engines
>1 gets exploded by a Lascannon
>Remaining 2 Engines don't like this at all
>Charge Predator that attacked their little sister, and succeed
>Predator was stationary previous turn to fire all weapons
>12 attacks, hitting automatically because stationary
>12 penetrating hits because S10 vs AV10
>Predator goes up in a fiery explosion as Penitent Engines pull it apart like toddlers with Lego
Feels good man
>>
>>48868199
SM = Eldar > Tau >> Necrons >>>>>Everything else >>>>> Dark Eldar = CSM > Orks
>>
>>48868260
Yeah, the Power Fist actually feels like a waste of points since its roughly an AP2 Krak Grenade to a tank. If only Scions could be upgraded like Veterans.

>Tempestor with Demo Charge and Melta Bombs, 3 Scions with Meltaguns, Vox-caster for orders
>>
>>48867973
Fist off a disclaimer.

40k is a craft and hobby first
A social activity second
A setting third
The actual gameplay takes a backseat to all the others and you can expect at best 1/20th of the time used to be the game itself.
>>
>>48867247
What about Word Bears?
>>
>>48868391
Why're space marines the same tier as eldar?
>>
>>48868428
Yogi can shut the fuck up and leave my picknick alone.
>>
>>48868442
grav guns, drop pods, lots of 3++, tons of rules, GW's poster boy, their own special psychic powers
>>
>>48868408
it's biggest use is probably for killing MEQ, the axe can do it's job for cheaper though with less reliable wounding.

I'm put off scions don't have demo charges now though.
>>
>>48868442
Because competitively they're just as good, slightly better if it's something like ITC format which restricts SHV and GC.
>>
>>48868442
Parking free drop pods with objective secured on all the objectives with more obsec marines spelling fourth either auto-pinning or double pinning everything in sight, psyker deathstats with a billion lores.
>>
>>48868264
We play a lot of games of zone mortalis and a lot of times we end up rolling hull quake on the ship damage chart.
>>
What codex would be the best to use for Adeptus Arbites?

Right now I'm thinking either Tempestus or Inquisition.
>>
>>48868514
I'd say inquisition, that way you'd have access to a variety of metal boxes instead of a single cardboard one.
>>
>>48868391
>nids equal to anything
Yeah, okay.
>>
>>48868514
2nd for inquisition
>>
>>48868544
I honestly forgot about nids when I wrote that. That should give you an indication of where they're at.
>>
>>48868442

They're consistently placing top in tourneys.
>>
>>48868533
>>48868551
Alright. That's what I was thinking, just wanted to make sure.

Do you have any recommendations on legs for them? I am planning on using Skitarii Vanguard helmets and Tempestus Body and Arms. but I think the Tempestus legs are to...high tech?
>>
>>48868615
Although that's mostly with ITC's crippled Destroyer table.
>>
>>48868628
...not seeing how they're high tech when it's boots and a shin guard.
The legs don't seem heavily armored enough for arbites imo.
>>
>>48868658
I think it's the crotch plate.
It might also be me wanting to make life more difficult than just getting a box of Tempestus and switching heads.
>>
>>48868481
Agreed. Here's to hoping the next update they get more wargear options, those platoon Special Weapon Squads shouldn't be the only ones able to take 3 demo charges.
>>
>>48868544
Flyrant spam boosts them up to usable, even if the only way to play them are repeating the same list with slight variations.
>>
>>48868390
>Predator was stationary previous turn to fire all weapons
>12 attacks, hitting automatically because stationary

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought with the switch to 7e they removed the autohit portion and vehicles are always BS1
>>
>>48868791
>autohit portion and vehicles are always WS1*** in close combat***
>>
>>48868628
Solar Auxilia legs perhaps?
>>
>>48868822
Oh boy, that makes it the kind of difficult that I subject myself too.
>>
>>48867973
Step 1
Go to the local GW/FLGS
Step 2
Meet the players, do you want to play with those people ?
Step 3
What factions are being played here ?
Step 4
Do people play competitively or for the story ?
Step 5
Depending on the previous answers, pick a faction that isn't seen much. Only worry about powerlevels if you're a WAAC or if people play competitively
Step 6
Buy the codex, build a list, ask for advice online/ to experienced players you meet
Step 7
Buy it ONE SQUAD AT A TIME, be sure to paint it before you buy anything else
Step 8
As soon as you got the core of your list, play it against everyone, see if you really like it. If not, redo your list to suit your playstyle
Step 9
Finish your army, be sure to only add a squad after painting the previous one and having played it multiple times
Step 10
Finish your army, enjoy
>>
Im brand new to 40k (not the lore) and I just picked up the start collecting imperial guard box. Any guard players have any advice on what I should expand into from here?
>>
>>48869058
Do you want tanks?

Do you want blobs of infantry?

Do you want a mix of more elite infantry with armor support?
>>
>>48869058
1- Paint everything
2- Play everything
3- Play as much different armies as possible
4- Feedback on it "I always lack […] to win"
5- That's it, you know what you need !
>>
>>48869058
My most recurrent opponent plays Imperial Guard so I can help a good bit but you should provide more substance to your question.

A point goal would be ideal as well as certain tactics and models you would enjoy using.

If you are new new then 1000 - 1500 would be a good goal.
>>
>>48869144

>mfw I havent' played 40k since early 5th and i'm about to play a game in a few weeks with a brand new fully painted army
>>
>>48869178
Same, I always get carried on and get brand new stuff. Then I regret not buying something else/not finishing painting my minis before buying new ones

That's why I give him that advice haha
>>
>>48865992
you mean the big ass floating pyramid with the c'tan inside?
is the sphere we're talking about the big central sphere?
>Because that ain't hull mounted niggah.
>>
>>48866975
Because chaos used to be OP and was the kewl edgy black.
Now that they've grown up a little bit they realised how fucking emo-lame it is and decided that putting spikes on things and calling it chaos is gay.
So they get the shaft.
>>
>>48867247
No. One spess derp codex. We have enough fucking spes muhrines.
One inquisition codex.
one eldar codex
one tyranid codex

oh what the hell you know that Geedubs is going to churn out a million mini codexes so you can buy them as pdf dataslates.
>>
>>48867390
no, stop it now. It was cool and edgy many many years ago, but isn't any more.

Stop trying to be the special fucking snowflake. Ugh, i bet you have a backstory for your fucking spess mary sue chapter
>>
How do Kroot perform on the tabletop?
>>
>>48868390
>>playing my Son of a bitch versus cock and ball dangles
>>Run a three way sado maso orgy
>>get sodomised with a Lascannon dildo
>
>
you lost me right at the beginning
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 422x608px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 422x608px
>>48869296

This bit.

Nobody gives a shit about the godawful C'tan variant.
>>
>>48868410
Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
No, it's captain obvious !!
Thank you captain obvious, what would we do without you !?
>>
>>48869409
>i bet you have a backstory for your fucking spess mary sue chapter

Not him but isn't that the entire point of this game?

A ton of people have custom chapters and such at my shop.

Anyone who doesn't want to copy paste a color scheme around here does it.

Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>48869142
>>48869144
>>48869162
I dont want to paint 100 of the same infantry so I am looking to build a more mobile list around flyers tanks and elite infantry probably
>>
>>48869470

In fact if I'm honest, the Obelisk kit was kinda dissapointing as a whole.

I mean, the Tesseract Vault looks like ass, but if you build it as an Obelisk it still has those Canoptek things on the side designed to siphon off the C'tan's energy. And big irregular cracks down the side.

Oh and for a supposed superheavy, it's not actually larger than the Monolith.
>>
How to play Deathwatch at 1000 game?
>>
>>48869622
1: Kill Xenos
2: ????
3: Praise the Emperor!
>>
>>48868390
If anything this proves that vehicles being unable to fire the weapons they pay for because they dared to move 6" is broken.
>>
>>48866677
They're fully sentient and can talk/interact with each other.

That being said they're slaves to their Gods will and reflect their personality. Every Khornate daemon will be bloodthirsty and violent.
>>
>>48868499
Nice, well then to keep with the heart of zone mortalis fucking you over with terrain you could destroy the unit; just say that the hulk section the reserves were on peeled off into the void and they all died.
>>
>>48869503
It's just that it's so corny.
Everyone and their dog does space marines, and it stopped being intetresting a long time ago.

Now gimme a guard regiment, a hive fleet, dark eldar pirates, even fucking tau expedition with backstory and theme, then yeah that's interesting.

But space marines "oh boy my space marines are blue and have red shoes and like to go fast and don't really like the emprah too much but they're totally loyalists and are so cool because they're so edgy"
I'm getting old (get off my lawn) but that horse has been beaten, brought back from the dead and beaten to death again several times.
>>
Any new rumors?
>>
>>48869710

Codex: Rak'gol out last week but you can only buy it from the secret menu.
>>
>>48869504
two or three units of veterans in chimeras lead by pask(upgrade to tank commander) in a punisher with two executioners. Then you can add in a scion squads for some elites and a valkyire. That should get you to at or above 1500
>>
WHERE IS THE FUCKING DEATHWATCH PDF/EPUB?!
>>
>>48869708
>he doesn't think IW, WB, NL, or AL should get a book

"Renegades" isn't just fan made chapters. There's a fair number of large groups that are mostly non-chaos and they don't get anything from the CSM or SM books.
>>
>>48868533
Arbites should only get paper boxes, though. Nobody ever sent the arbites on patrol in a Land Raider.
>>
>>48869912
THE FUCKING PIRATE GROUP HAS FUCKING GONE INVITE ONLY SO NO MORE FREE FUCKING QUALITY SHIT, ONLY CRAPPY FUCKING PHOTOS.

BEEN THAT WAY FOR SEVERAL MONTHS GET WITH THE FUCKING TIMES.
>>
Former Imperial Guard (Had a custom regiment and everything) player now giving Dark Eldar a try. Any tips or tricks? I am aware they're not a strong army right now but I play for fun and not to win so I don't mind that.

I plan on getting Start Collecting: Dark Eldar, a Haemunculus, 5 Wracks, 10 Kabalite Warriors and the codex.
>>
>>48869708
Ah see we have all faction represented and most people don't go too overboard.
Talking to you Slaneesh worshiping Eldar Craftworld, you are a complete faggot.
>>
>>48870124
From one crummy codex to another :^)
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg (63KB, 584x643px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.jpg
63KB, 584x643px
HOW DO KROOT CARNIVORES PERFORM ON THE TABLETOP YOU COCK-GARGLING SHITS?! I ASKED LIKE 4 TIMES NOW

FUCK
>>
>>48869504
Start collecting box -> back to the same advice.
>>
>>48870124
Forget the wracks rightnow and get those ten warriors two venoms.

Might want some scourges as well.
>>
>>48870302
And we ignored you 4 times.
Start to see a trend?
>>
>>48870343
Yeah, that you're an unhelpful cunt and you rather shitpost about fucking marine bollocks.
>>
>>48870302
They perform suspect puppet shows on tuesdays and have baking sales in the weekend.
that's how they perform.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>48869708
Nah, that's just the edgelords.
I, with my friends, play homebrew chapters/armies. Actually it's more about "Hey, I hate Ultrafags/Black Legion. I wanna have this paint scheme"+"Hey dude, what if your lord is actually that metal singer with his guitar ?"+"Let's have a campaign going for this year"+"My captain just killed a trygon haha Imsoproud. What, got a spare mawloc head for my base ?!"= Random custom chapter/warband
>>
>>48870364
>Yeah, that you're an unhelpful cunt and you rather shitpost about fucking marine bollocks.

Seems like you've gotten the gist of /tg/ now run along and do your own research
>>
>>48866677
Heralds are usually the ones with personalities, nice dubs Nurgle
>>
>>48870072
THEN SCAN IT YOURSELF
>>
>>48870004
but they do go on patrol in Rhinos
>>
>>48870437
Ill start a kickstarter and you faggots can pay me to buy and scan it.
>>
>>48870470
Repressors*
>>
>>48869989
>separate books for everyone!
they just need to follow the Codex Space Marines model. Complaints about libspam and grav aside, it's a pretty good book.

Dark chapter tactics would be enough to satisfy people now that formations and variant detachments can give you all the wacky theme units you want.
>>
>>48870521
ILL PAY YOU $0.00
>>
>>48870628
Ok, then ill upload 0.0% of a book.
>>
>>48870302
They perform great! Best thing in the codex. In fact, you should be spamming the shit out of them. I don't even know why people take fire teams when they could have carnivores. Consider trying the formation that features 4 of them, and then have 1 more kroot squad in your CAD and the rest of the troops slots be fire warriors with devilfish. First turn have the 5 fire teams give their transports to the 5 kroot squads and suddenly you have the greatest army in the LGS.

Well, if you like fluffy armies anyways. :/
>>
>>48870652
YOU DONT EVEN HAVE THE BOOK
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-18-23-57-23.png (959KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-18-23-57-23.png
959KB, 1280x720px
>>48870688
>>
>>48870545
Well, in the Enforcer Omnibus, it's Rhinos.
>>
>>48870769
proves nothing
>>
>>48870788
Tough shit then.
>>
If I'm running DKoK would the siege regiment or the assault brigade be better
>>
>>48870783
Well the rhino might be their "cruiser", the repressor is their riot control vehicle with barricade plough and pintle mounted bolter/crowd supressant.
>>
>>48870848
Do you want to drown the enemy in shells or meat?
>>
Why can a space marine take a melee weapon, a ranged weapon and a storm shield, but not a melee weapon, a ranged weapon and the Shield Eternal?
>>
>>48871000
*space marine captain
>>
>>48871000
because the shield eternal is fancy
>>
>>48871000
Tbh, if you're giving him Shield Eternal; he's probably okay not taking a ranged weapon.
>>
>>48871000
Don't worry Major, you'll be fine with just the Shield Eternal
>>
File: sons of medusa.jpg (39KB, 400x595px) Image search: [Google]
sons of medusa.jpg
39KB, 400x595px
Hey does anyone have a good idea of what codex to use to represent surviving followers of this: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Moirae_Schism , Im wanting to collect a "heretics but not the chaos kind" kind of army fluff wise. I know the Sons of Medusa still seem to follow it but Im not that into marines. Though maybe as allies?
>>
>>48871222
one or both of the mechanicus books?

That's a thing now, you know. They have plastic models and everything.
>>
File: +66+6515.jpg (358KB, 1329x1304px) Image search: [Google]
+66+6515.jpg
358KB, 1329x1304px
>>48871222
Sons of Medusa use Iron Hands chapter tactics.
>>
>>48871302
What is this shit about telling you how to model? I don't read a lot of material these days but I never used to see that at all.
>>
File: the doubt.jpg (222KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the doubt.jpg
222KB, 1600x1200px
Would you guys recommend switching marines to the new 30mm bases? 25mm allow for more packed unit and to squeeze them behind cover, but 30mm bases look really nice with marines.
>>
>>48871546
Actually, I tend to play with a lot of buildings at my LGS, so ne 30mm ever for me :)
>>
So I recently started taking minimum guard allies with my skitarii so I can take 3 chimeras for my vanguard. Now people are calling me a cheesy asshole. Some of these people run thinderwolf calv with wulfen for lol turn 1 charges. How fucking hypocritical is that?
>>
>>48871722
Can't embark on ally transports if you go by the FAQ.

Are you bringing the skitarii in a War Convo because that was the only time I felt that the transports were cheese but my opponent was using blood angels and I am never going back to that GW again.
>>
>>48866945
>>48867469

You have it about right

CSM will come right before the change

Orks right after

Eldar/marines will forever fall into the sweet middle-of-edition slot
>>
>>48871863
No. Skitarii only and they start outside behind them. If I don't go first it's easy to hit them with a wyvern or thunderfire cannon.
>>
File: sdfhjgj.jpg (40KB, 564x465px) Image search: [Google]
sdfhjgj.jpg
40KB, 564x465px
When will orks be fun and interesting to play again?

>Mfw watching 3 wyverns remove 60 boyz in one turn
>>
>>48871901
>what is 5th ed?
>>
File: image.jpg (406KB, 699x491px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406KB, 699x491px
How likely would a chapter that decided to leave their homeworld for a while lose the directions to their homeworld? I need to know as I'm trying to make some fluff for muh BA successor chapter.
>Chapter goes on a diet version of the BTs' eternal crusade in M34, and told sector command to water the plants every now-and-then and keep the place up and running
>somewhere along the line cannot remember where the home sector is
>chapter finally pieces together a map to their home sector and returns to M41
>tfw SoBs now live in the fortress monastery
>>
>>48872049
Sounds dumb as hell but I guess if they got lost in the warp for a few millennia and their astropaths got toasted and they made it out alive it could be possibe.
But retardedly special snowflaked to shit
>>
>>48872107
Frankly it sounds like the least snowflake shit ever

Homer did it first
>>
>>48869878
*Thwack* NO! Bad Anon! We do NOT put three Leman Russes in a squadron when we have spare Heavy Support slots!
>>48869504
Do what he said, but put one of the tanks in it's own squadron as a heavy support choice. Now your three tanks can shoot 2 different targets at once, 3 with orders, and be on opposite sides of the board. This as apposed to 1 target, 2 with orders, and all your heavy firepower within 4 inches of each other. You'll appreciate the greater tactical flexibility more than the 3 extra hull points.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 708x521px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 708x521px
>>48872107
Yep. Figured as much.
>>
>>48871953
To be fair, that's what Wyverns were made to do. If only they'd drop the points cost to guardsmen or slightly less and up that toughness value.
>>
>>48872189
A model shouldnt be able to remove double it's points per turn like that, even if it is a hard counter

60 boyz is 400 points, 3 wyverns is 195
>>
>>48872154
To be fair my friend only brings them out as his HQ in 2000pt games and he has artillery and that FW flier in his heavy support.
>>
>>48872049
Usually if a chapter leave for a crusade, one company stay behind to guard the fort.

I guess they could have lost their world, went on a repentance crusade, get lost somehow. Meanwhile the imperium reconquer their lost world and offer it to the SoB
>>
>>48869912
You won't get it with that attitude, piss off senpai.
>>
>>48872232
Don't bother
There are legit people out there who think wyverns aren't broken
>>
>>48872049
As long as it's Bronze Age collapse Greek themed and not Graeco-Roman themed then it'll be great
But don't lay on the odyssey theme to strongly
Also you could say Scrap Code like in 'know no fear' caused them to Forget
>insert Hugh Jackman voice
>>
>>48866481
>The Ordo Malleus and Ordo Xenos had brief infighting over who's authority they fell under.

I don't think this happens. This would be the result of a much stricter hierarchy than the Inquisition actually has. While an individual Inquisitor might be a member of a certain branch, and specialize in a certain field of Heresy, they're all expected to perform the duties of all branches, to prevent this exact scenario
>>
>>48872232
>tfw CCS and 2 Vet squads in Chimeras with 2 Meltas and a Wyvern makes a 500 point list
Wyverns are way too cheap for what they can do, I admit I almost include them because even one is a big help. If/When it gets nerfed I hope other heavy supports get some love as well.
>>
>>48870827
Timestamp yuh scrub. It's not hard.
>>
>>48872189

I'd rather see them buff weak stuff than make it cheaper to field and bloat the model count up even further. The Gane us already pretty daunting even at 1,500 for a lot of armies.
>>
>>48872720
Yes please, more MEQ killing options needed in IG.
>>
>>48872309
Not him, but if two inquisitors of the same branch with the same goal will fight to death over just the _method_ on how they'd do something, I don't see why two of separate branches would be more civil.
>>
File: 1466559895402.jpg (88KB, 774x920px) Image search: [Google]
1466559895402.jpg
88KB, 774x920px
are orks actually so bad that the "play what you want" thing doesn't apply to them? that's what my friend told me and i don't want to invest dead money into this game

i have alternative armies that i like but i really like orks, and i really like their vehicles and stuff like meganobz and lootas
>>
File: 1471553701999.jpg (179KB, 736x981px) Image search: [Google]
1471553701999.jpg
179KB, 736x981px
For the greater good
>>
>>48872787
You can play whatever you want. Mek Gunz, Buggies, Lootas are the good units.
>>
>>48872787
Depends on how competetive your friends are.

Throw some MANz in a Battle Wagon with an HQ or two and back up a unit of Lootas with two big ol mek gun squads and I am sure you can pull it together. Bikers would be a good enough fast attack again with an HQ or two.
Minimal troops, trucks a shit.
>>
File: Flaws.png (965KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Flaws.png
965KB, 1280x1024px
>>48872247
I guess that can work. Not many people liked them in my Chapter Master playthrough anyway. I guess a Warpstorm could be the answer on why the planet got lost.
>>48872305
Those sound like therecould be potential.
>>
File: 23850923850839.png (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
23850923850839.png
185KB, 500x500px
>>48872822
>Tfw beating our local Tau player twice with Space Wolves.
>>
>>48873090
Now try doing it with an army that isn't broken.
>>
File: 1412112165918.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1412112165918.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>48873127
>Space Wolves.
>Broken.
>Coming from a Tau army.
>>
>>48872787
Buy the models you like so you can paint them and put them on a shelf somewhere. Play the game with proxies. A small shoe makes a great land raider, Oreos are pretty close to centurion base size.
>>
File: 1471553347757.jpg (397KB, 842x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471553347757.jpg
397KB, 842x800px
>>48873090
I just got back into 40k after a several year break. Decided to do Tau just off of looks instead marines. Are Tau hated or something?
>>
>>48872822
Stay away from my local Forge Worlds.
>>
>>48873162
It's a pretty powerful army that, when built right, can shut out other armies.
>>
>>48873138
I don't play Tau or any of the broken armies, but Space Wolves are more than a match. You can beat Tau with Eldar, SM grav spam, superfriends or a few specific Space Wolf builds. Not fluffy space wolves though. Just the OTHER kind of fluffy.
>>
>>48873138
Stay delusional mad anti taufag
>>
>>48873090
>Tau players won't face my Ravenwing because I meet their cheese with cheese

Only one of them doesn't play gayshit suit spam with multiple riptides. He gets to face the Deathwing.
>>
>>48873163
what is this game?
>>
>>48873162
Remember how tau used to be the best at shooting but they crumbled if you got in to melee?

Well now they got all these 'monsterous creatures', huge battle suits covered in guns. These battlesuits are not only undercosted for the amount of firepower they have but because they are 'monsters' they are inherently better in melee than other unit types because of it.
Add on to the fact that this is the 'shooting edition' and gun-lines are inherently more powerful because of it you get an army that can remove most your army turn 1 and then stomp you in melee anyway.
>>
>>48873162
their look doesnt really fit in with 40k and theyre one of the best and most obnoxious armies on the tabletop
>>
File: 13582052582852.jpg (160KB, 900x587px) Image search: [Google]
13582052582852.jpg
160KB, 900x587px
>>48873090
>Tfw beating the local Tau player with Orks
>>
>>48873250
based
>>
>>48873237
Holy shit. Stuff like the Riptide? I wanted like maybe one but i was planning on doing heavy infantry with a healthy amount of crisis suits for back up.
>>
>>48873249
>their look doesnt really fit in with 40k
Nice stale ancient maymay faggot
>>
>>48873222
Chapter Master. Is now defunct. The only game where you will fear Orks, could see IG conquer daemon worlds or outnumber the atoms in the known universe, or could find daemon worlds with no corruption.
>>
>>48873292
thats my opinion and i will not discuss it with you if you want to talk that way
>>48873294
thanks
>>
>>48873249
Weird but I get what you mean. I used to play Marines and other various Imperial forces and so I wanted a new look to mess around with. The clean mech look of the Tau caught my eye pretty well. Was getting a little sick of skulls.
>>
>>48873312
Well look at this super cereal faglord
Eat shit you arrogant prick
>>
>>48873250
A Tau player challenged one of the oldest veterans of our store to beat his Tau without his Eldar or AdMech, he told him he would beat him with Orks and if he wont he could punt a broadside.

He won and the Tau player gave him an unpainted but assembled Broadside that he sent sailing across the game room.

We do bet silly shit for matches though. I gave up a spare Dark Vengeance bike after getting shrekt by Sisters. He modeled an Pentinent Engine (walker thing?) kicking it over with my army colors.
>>
>>48873294
>Is now defunct.
Did they guy stop working on it?
>>
>>48873281
Yep.

Weapon skill doesn't mean shit, initiative doesn't mean much when your toughness is so high (as well as it's amazing armour save and feel no pain) you're only afraid on unwieldy weapons and because it's a monster it's attacks are automatically AP2 in close combat.

Anything other than a specialist, high powered melee unit is going to get stomped on and that's before you count the damage it's shooting can do.
>>
>>48873322
i like the clean mech look too but i wish they'd do something with it other than make bigger mechs with more missile pods. like they need a new kind of model
>>48873346
i love you
>>
>>48873162
Tau are somewhat hated, but it's taufags that are the real cause of anger,
As long as you arent a faggot, admit that tau are a very powerful army, play the game for fun instead of saying "if I can't kill it in one turn what's the point", don't spam suits unless it's a competitive game or tournament, and don't gush over the tau lore and admit that some of it is bullshit and makes the tau look like marysues with an ungodly amount of plot armor looking at you, kauyon and mont'ka then you'll be fine.
In short, just be cool and not a flaming faggot and you'll be fine.
>>
>>48873281
The Riptide and other suits are fine to use, despite what Anti-Taufags tell you. Just don't be a dick and spam suits if you're not planning on going to tourneys outside of a local one.
So go ahead, play your Hunter Contingent, or use that Optimized Stealth Cadre, hell, bust out a Stormsurge in a larger game. Those tools are in the book for you to play and enjoy. Just don't do overtly annoying shit like bringing 2 Stormsurges and/oror 3 Riptides to a 1500 game or some ridiculous bullshit.

That's how I play my Tau, fluffy, up for a challenge, but not dickish.
>>
>>48872720
Yes, I also want to see veteran upgrades and vehicle squad benefits. I'm okay with paying points for BS4 tanks, right now I have to take 5+ to get that benefit and I don't want to be looked at as an asshole for spamming tanks.
>>
>>48873375
>you're only afraid on unwieldy weapons and because it's a monster
And psykic powers. If used right, a libby conclave can be absolutely terrifying to a non melee unit, and even many melee ones.
>>
>>48873383
U 2 boo bae ;^3
>>
>>48873413
I'd call a libby conclave a specialist, high-powered unit. I saw a pretty nasty one with all staffs and rolling for misfortune, bonking tanks and monsters to death.
>>
>>48873394
Ah ok cool. Yeah that was the plan. I'm building a circle of friends to play campaigns with and that's it.
>>
>>48873366
Duke got a C&D, and I don't know if the Bay12 Boys have done much with it.
>>
Question folks:
Going to ground in area cover. Does it give +1 to your cover save or +2?

Could've sworn I saw it somewhere, but could be wrong.
>>
>>48873531
Nope
Only defence lines give +2 cover save for going to ground
>>
>>48873568
and moonscape craters
>>
Same anon as >>48873162
So questions:
I want to run pathfinders and rail rifles seem pretty solid. What's the best way to run them?
Strike teams or breacher teams?
>>
>>48873823
Pathfinders with only markerlights
Special weapon pathfinders rarely do enough work
As for the fire warriors it depends if they're going in a devilfish or not
Pulse rifle warriors go without a transport and breachers or pulse carbines go in a devilfish
>>
>>48873885
Ah lame but ok thanks
>>
File: 489284329840932.jpg (220KB, 1180x1112px) Image search: [Google]
489284329840932.jpg
220KB, 1180x1112px
how much talent does it take to fuck up this bad then expect people to pay more because its "pre painted"

Should I even try to find anything used or should I just buy everything new in box
>>
File: WIP Ebay Landspeeder 3.png (948KB, 1543x572px) Image search: [Google]
WIP Ebay Landspeeder 3.png
948KB, 1543x572px
>>48873924
>I just buy everything new in box
Ever since I bought some fucked up landspeeders that were all sorts of damaged under the thick house paint the previous owner lathered all over it I refuse to buy anything painted or primed. Assembled, sure, but no more painted models off ebay for this anon.
>>
What's everyone's favorite army in the game? Mine is and will always be the Imperial Guard.
>>
File: 1463108643623.png (579KB, 600x767px) Image search: [Google]
1463108643623.png
579KB, 600x767px
>>48874100
I bounce between IG and Marines. It's tough to say honestly.
>>
>>48874100
I love Black Templars but theyre so shit right now I just stopped playing.
>>
>>48874100
Eldar Wraiths.

My life is suffering. I am trapped in the hell of the WAACFaggot.

I just like the idea of ghost robots, god damn it.
>>
File: 1315271927262.jpg (71KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1315271927262.jpg
71KB, 600x400px
Sliced my thumb like a goddamn idiot and now I can't hold a brush for at least a week.

Fuck.
>>
>>48874100
Guard
>>
>>48874100
I love Marines, Guard, and Tau. Unfortunately my Tau army is really bad (can't afford to update it atm) and IG is just not very enjoyable right now for some reason. Anyway; marines get too much screentime, even if they are the posterboys; but still enjoy playing them.
>>
>>48873885
Eh, I'd argue they can work if you run darkstrider. in 1000 or less point games, railfinders with darkstrider and a fish with some well kitted out pathfinder squad can be solid. In bigger matches though they'll get squashed easily.
>>
>>48873918
I mean you could run them however you want you don't have to be optimal some people might appreciate that but some might still shit on you just for playing tau
>>
>>48874100
I like my scions desu.
I just need to find an actual tray for them.
>>
File: WP_20160818_14_14_33_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160818_14_14_33_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>48874100
Here's my Guard force. Played a 1000pt game with shitty diagonal deployment but I just really like Guard fluff and on the tabletop.
>>
>>48873443
High powered, most definitely. Specialist, I'm not so sure. A good libby conclave should be able to deal with most everything, making it more of a generalist than a specialist unit.
>>
>>48874100
Space Marines. Cool lore, cool models, great and fun rules. Everything you could want out of an army.
Plus there are so many ways to run them, and run them effectively, that no matter what type of list I want to run, marines can make it work.
>>
>>48874235
Ok thanks. I'll probably throw them in for fun then.
>>
>>48865992
I don't give a fuck about the guns. I just want the fucking field thing to work right. You had one job, GW! ONE JOB!
>>
>>48874180
For double the fun, my second-favorite army is Night Lords. Who are basically trash, thanks to being chained to Codex CSM.

They can be okay if your opponent lets you run HH rules, but they still run into the 'themed on Fear in an environment chock full of Fearless/ATSKNF'
>>
>>48867808
Mephrit. Orange and green.
>>
>>48874361
They did address that in the FAQ at least. Sponson guns and the field works on flying MC's.
>>
>>48870302
They do well, benefit from ethereal abilities and have very very cheap sniper rifle upgrades.
>>
>>48874330
I don't blame you, space marines are fucking cool. I just wish GW gave the same attention they do to SM to other factions.
>>
>>48874100
Eldar, I just love the idea of the Seer Council, even though they're a massive waste of pts.
>>
>>48874391
I didn't see anything about it. So they don't automatically pass the test because they have Move Through Cover?
>>
>>48870302
I MADE A C'TAN GO ALLAH ACKBAR ON HIS ALLIES WITH A SQUAD OF TEN SNIPER KROOT

HOW'S THAT FOR PERFORMANCE YOU LITTLE SKIDMARK?
>>
>>48874391
NVMD. How the fuck did I miss that?
>>
>>48874420
SORRY, FIFTEEN, BUT THIRTY POINTS MAKES A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE.
>>
>>48874181
There's probably other things you could do with your models if you've got any basing to do?
>>
File: WP_20160818_17_27_34_Pro.jpg (4MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160818_17_27_34_Pro.jpg
4MB, 3840x2160px
Had the experience today of almost tabling a SM player with my IG but charged his assault termies just for the lulz at the end and just to get one assault in so he could kill something. Has anyone else been in situations like this?
>>
Anyone got any good ideas for some Enslaver models? Thinking about making an army based off of them using the old 'Chapter Approved' rules.
>>
>>48874716
Played Eldar (combined Craftworld+Harlequins list) against a pretty legit Demons list. Game actually ran pretty close, but the game-winning play for me was a lucky 6 against his big centerpiece Bloodthirster (the one with the ridiculous FUCK YOU axe) with my Wraithknight.

Kind of felt bad, because up to that point the match had been super tense, and once I swept the Bloodthirster things turned around quick.
>>
>>48874609
I can probably manage that or something large like a tank.
>>
>>48874180
You could just use Codex: Eldar instead of Codex: Craftworld Eldar.

6e was well-balanced not hard compared to "Codex: D-weapons and Every Unit Has Its Own Busted Special Rules"

At least you acknowledge it; my Wraithdar/Scatbike buddy doesn't think anything is wrong with his codex.
>>
>>48874850
I know that feeling.Can't remember how I cut that finger, but I'm pretty sure my most hated enemy, the Guardsmen Pants, had something to do with it.
>>
>>48874846
I know the feel. Killed a full unit of terminators turn one with the Executioner. Caused 12 wounds he saved none of them.
>>
>>48874898
The problem is, I really *like* a lot of the new shit. The formations are cool, especially some of the new IA ones. I try not to be a huge fag about it, but it's fun having a Wraithknight stomping around the table. At least I try and take some of the more underwhelming (although still strong) units like Wraithblades, Swooping Hawks, and (if my opponent is cool with Forge World) Shadow Spectres, on account of they're fucking rad.
>>
>>48874100
Orks by a landslide for me.

Everyone else is so grimdark or super uptight. Orks just wanna krump heads.
>>
>>48874100
Guess.

>>48875155
Yeah, they're the last vestige of the satirical humor from the older editions. Now a bunch of writers just take it all too seriously, & lots of us are just embarrassed for them.
>>
>>48875217
>Writers taking it too seriously
Being into 40k because of Kay-ohss. Man, you speak the truth.
>"Muh erryone so serious, muh Khorne is now the god of bloodwhatsoever and lost all his 40k conan on his throne vibe, muh Tzeentch is super serious and is nowhere near the god of mutations and random shit for his sole pleasure, muh Nurgle is all about causing death and no more the based daddy of the pantheon, muh Slaanesh is not PC enough, no moar sound junkie noise marines, no moar doomrider."
Actually, fluff for Chaos has lost all it's random/fun/unique vibe and feels like "Powerarmored Mary Sues: Edgy Spikemen edition"
>>
File: dw_about_heresy.jpg (64KB, 720x524px) Image search: [Google]
dw_about_heresy.jpg
64KB, 720x524px
https://regimental-standard.com/2016/08/17/salvation-is-here-no-questions-please/
>>
File: airbrushing day.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
airbrushing day.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>48874291

I feel you, brother. Over 10 years in the hobby and I still haven't branched out of IG
>>
>>48867496
Paint them like Mexican calaveras.
>>
>>48875324
>Mary Sues
Is there a bigger buzzword on /tg/? The only one that I can think of that comes even close is "railroading."
>>
>>48875963
Well, how do you call the Kharn type then ?
Bad guy with a tragic story, once the proud voice of reason but now a mudrerous beast, which missed his last chance to redeem by having his horrible surgical device remov.... Oh wait I'm gonna puke.
>>
I'm trying to into warhammer 40K. Where should I start? Lore? Rules? Which editions?
>>
>>48876021
The game is currently in 7th edition.

There's a shit ton of lore, Horus Heresy books are a good start.
>>
Slav <3
Alien Hunter:
https://mega.nz/#!3wpwCBCC!xCnxe6ArU48YCfo5ePgfF3ojFGAoXQSZ291mfGuMGwI

mega.co.nz/#fm/moAEmKZR
>>
>>48876014
That's called "contrived".

Mary sue is when they are perfect and never fail, and everyone likes them, except a few poopie-heads that are just jealous and always lose whenever MarySue (or GaryStu) actually fight them. It's a form of self-insert godmodeing
>>
File: Bastion.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Bastion.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>Imperial Guard vs. Necrons
>>
If you had to increase the points cost on the Wraithknight to balance it, how much would you increase it by?
>>
>>48875963
Protip: buzzword is also just a buzzword for 'phrase I don't like'
>>
>>48875591
I'm just getting into it but I love everything about playing them. They were the army I originally wanted to start as but got into DA instead,but now that I play IG my games are so much better.
>>
>>48876362
Then what is a buzzword anymore in this fallen age?
>>
File: 1458449745319.gif (4MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458449745319.gif
4MB, 320x240px
>>48873203
>Tau apologist defending an obviously broken army
>>
>>48876355
Probably about a hundred points, as someone who plays Eldar regularly.

They're incredibly strong, but at most typical gamesizes, not actually that devastating. Their main advantage is that they are stupidly, unreasonably resilient to anything not packing a D of its own.
>>
>>48874100
Orks.

I love the fluff and modle sculps. I also refuse to buy another army because GW or local meta wants me to use a stronger army. I'm in too beep at this point with army size.
>>
https://regimental-standard.com/2016/08/10/eldar-now-deploying-dancers-instead-of-warriors/
Harlequin players get shit on.
>>
File: 1462871501337.jpg (749KB, 750x2185px) Image search: [Google]
1462871501337.jpg
749KB, 750x2185px
>>48866677

Wasn't there an old fantasy thing about a Khornate demon who gets bested by a brettonian because it accepted a duel challenge?
>>
>>48874100

Marines and Tyranids. I play marines and gk and have a start of tyranid army too. Maybe tyranids won't be so bad forever.

Right now I'm 5 transports away from full Gladius so that's where I'm aiming next.
>>
>>48876014
Do you actually know what a Mary Sue is? Because I don't think you do.
Keepusingthatword.png
>>
>>48876362
But Mary Sue (and Railroading) are both used as buzzwords. None of the CSM characters are Sues. All of them have massive, glaring flaws that have set them back.
>Protip
Is this ever used in non-shitposts?
>>
>>48876400
>Using ancient gifs
>>
Is it weird that every time I have sex in my own room, I like to imagine my various armies watching from their shelves as an Imperator Titan fells a greater daemon of Slaanesh?
>>
File: knight lancer.jpg (1MB, 827x3461px) Image search: [Google]
knight lancer.jpg
1MB, 827x3461px
>>48865855

I'm thinking of making an Imperial Guard army and I'm wondering how to go about it. Here's what I'm starting with:

1 full Cadian battleforce
1 full Catachan battleforce
1 extra Catachan heavy weapons team
1 Knight Lancer Titan

Say I was going for around 1500 points. What to add?
>>
>>48876871

By the way I have no idea about rules or anything else, but I've finally found a group of people who play so I'll have something to do with my models besides admire them in their unpainted and unassembled states.
>>
>>48876737
yes, but usually only when someone is actually giving sound list advice / buying advice to a serious question.
>>
>>48876862
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
NORMIE GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>48877011
What exactly about that post is normal to you?
>>
>>48877035
Think like a rawbutt in order to understand them
>>
>>48876871
Personally I would get rid of a battleforce and get tanks of some kind. Hellhounds and Leman Russ variants are great. A wyvern wouldn't be a bad investment either. Spam the wyverns at your own risk though.
>>
>>48871476
>What is this shit about telling you how to model? I don't read a lot of material these days but I never used to see that at all.
it's old, and it's also FW. I'm pretty sure the point of it being 40mm bases is that he's terminator-esque even though he isn't actually a terminator
>>
>>48876871
You can go quite a few ways with them since lots of infantry, walls of tanks and generous use of artillery are essential. I'd recommend looking more into the Imperial Guard (units, lore, etc.) to see what aspects you like about them, so you can focus your army around it.

Anyway I'd go with a few Chimeras/Tauroxes if you want transports to protect your infantry, or just get more infantry and field a bunch on the table. Get a Commissar or Ministorum Priest if you want to make a big 50 man squad of Guardsmen if you're getting more men. Get some Leman Russ Tanks and Basilisks for some high strength ordnance you're lacking in, Wyverns are good too but for clearing infantry.

Look into Forgeworld if you really like artillery (or aircraft) since the current Imperial Guard codex is a bit lacking.
>>
>>48876862
now this is heresy
>>
>>48877909
the heavy artillery carriages are superior to normal basilisks in every way.

also aegis defense lines and other fortifications are mandatory if you wish to seriously use large infantry blobs
>>
>>48876862
>>48877966
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1iN12cJP5gO
>>
>>48878187
its a shame how artillery is compared to FW, of course with the exception of the Wyvern. I'm really tempted to use it despite being mech/tank Guard, I could place full squads of carriages in ruins and watch the magic happen.

I still want to give this Manticore a chance, I like the model.
>>
>>48878217
I'm not sure if it's you or a saved recording from that thread.
>>
>>48876737
Abaddon has no flaws. Prove me wrong. With proof from the fluff. I dare you.
>>
>>48878587

his arms pop off too easily and his model looks goofy. Also why the hell doesn't an imperial sniper just pop mr no helmet's head off?
>>
>>48878605
Not fluff. You lost the dare.

>Also why the hell doesn't an imperial sniper just pop mr no helmet's head off?

A corrupted version of the Iron Halo, you pleb. However it isn't from any device it's the Dark Gods themselves.
>>
>>48876118
Fuckin' gentleman and scholar, you are!

You're doing the Emperor's work anon.
>>
File: Capture.png (3KB, 174x228px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3KB, 174x228px
>>48878464
It's me. But I'm going to bed right now.
>>
I dont get it are Scions now seperate from IG or are they Elite units?
>>
>>48878692
Both.
>>
>>48878692
They are both Elite units for the IG and have their own codex to be taken separately.
>>
>>48878692
both
you have the militarum tempestus platoon option in elites for guard, where they have the regular guard orders, then you have the militarum tempestus book, which has unique warlord traits and orders
>>
>>48878683
And by go to bed, I mean fuck around on my phone until the sleeping pill kicks in.
>>
>>48878720
>>48878708
>>48878706
But they only have the Militarium Tempestus scions troops, the Command and the Taurox prime?
Or what can they use?
>>
>>48876118
im assuming the latter is a pdf, but it wants a log in for access..
>>
>>48878765
They're meant to be a supplementary force rather than a standalone one.
>>
Am I understanding this correctly?

Heavy Artillery Carriages are 75 points for the gun + 4 crew. Up to 4 extra crew at 8 points each, so it would be 249 for 3 carriages and a total of 15 crew (3 extra). For the same cost of 2 Basilisks and 6 Hull Points, you can get 1 extra Earthshake Cannon with 27 Wounds.

Also not familiar with FW. Could I include this with Astra Militarum under the Heavy Support slot? It sounds ridiculous with how artillery rules work and with orders+psykers.
>>
I am grtting a gigantic boner thinking abiut artillery, can i make Admech combined with IG work?
IG should be Artillery focused
>>
>>48878626

then why doesn't he run around in T-shirt and jeans if the dark gods seem content to make him nice and safe from harm? Wouldn't the extra mobility granted by his new informal attire assist him in combat?
>>
File: tumblr_oar2tqaJX01vosb39o3_1280.jpg (312KB, 878x1502px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oar2tqaJX01vosb39o3_1280.jpg
312KB, 878x1502px
So, I play tau and I've been running into the problem where the more my lists evolve the harder I find it to actually get mobility in the list, and contesting objectives seems hard. From what I've seen, moving within 18 inches of the opponent is a death sentence, and because of this I've found it hard as hell to actually push objectives. I'd really appreciate some advice from other tau players as to how you take objectives.

Picture is my fusion blade commander. I still need to paint the base.
>>
File: 1000Sons.jpg (144KB, 556x765px) Image search: [Google]
1000Sons.jpg
144KB, 556x765px
Hey guys, new player.
My only experience with 40k was Dark Crusade and I liked how your worker unit was a Techpriest Engineer and you could have Psykers. Having AdMech and Psykers in a tabletop Guard army seems pretty cool. Is that viable, or possible?
>>
>>48867332
>Also if they added a Rak'gol army I would totally play them.

>Gribbly aliens with guns

Lucky for you this is what happened to
T Y R A N I D S
>>
would this list work well allied with ravenwing in a team tournament?

>1000 points, black templars

>emperor's champion
>ironclad dreadnough with chainfist/melta, powerfist/hflamer, drop pod
>5 crusaders, meltagun, razorback with tl heavy bolter and dozer blade
>6 crusaders, meltagun and sword brethen with power fist, 5 neophites, land raider crusader with multimelta
>thunderfire cannon
>>
>>48867973
>How competitive is the game?

Extremely competitive if you buy the latest army.

>What are the best and worst armies?

Best: anything new, or inexplicably special marines
Worst: Orks, Tyranids, anything out of fashion

>Where the fuck do I start?

Mate, just don't
>>
File: dopethrone.png (3MB, 1250x1250px) Image search: [Google]
dopethrone.png
3MB, 1250x1250px
Which faction is the 40k equivalent of this album?
>>
File: 1462690243252.jpg (356KB, 800x4600px) Image search: [Google]
1462690243252.jpg
356KB, 800x4600px
>>48874100
Dark Eldar. I'm not really an edgefag, but their rules are fun, and the old metal scorpion talos was my first favorite model. Presently, the army just really clicked with me, and learned all my options right away, even knowing it's not the most competetive thing around.

There's just so many fun things with all those poisoned weapons, lances, and jetbikes that can hide behind cover, move out and shoot something, then just move back in cover in the assault phase.

My other army is IG. I don't know what it is about squishy armies, but they seem to be the thing for me.
>>
>>48873090
Space Wolves are so god-awfully gay. They're literally emo fan-service: the army.

>"We're so cool because WOLVES"
>"Grav weapons n' shit because WOLF PLANET"
>"Instant Death Psykers because WOLVES ARE COOL"
>"Our Primarch beat up the Empruh because he was raised by WOLVES"
>"My guys are really strong and win at everything and have no flaws or weaknesses because they are all WOOOOOLVES"

You should be fucking ashamed
>>
>>48873250
I don't believe you.

It's literally, mathematically, impossible to beat a masturbatory Tau army with current orks.
>>
>>48879622
I've beaten Tau, Necrons, Space wolves and Tzeen psyker/summon/cursed earth Demons with my ladz.
>>
>>48879517
From a GW POW, Orks, because they couldn't' be assed to do that properly either.
>>
>>48878948
>hen why doesn't he run around in T-shirt and jeans

Because the armour grants him enhanced power to crush loyalists and also assurance if the power of Chaos falls for whatever reason.
>>
>>48879605
>wolves
>emo
That Dark Angels shtick, the "unforgiven".
>>
>>48879845
thats a great album what are you talking about
>>
>>48879605
Not a single thing you just said fits the description of "emo," anon. You can hate the yiffs, but make sure you actually know what you're hating them for.
>>
>>48879253
Yes, it's actually very viable and might even be considered OP if you build your list right. You can take a main army of admech and/or skitarii and a formation consisting entirely of Space Marine Librarians. The Librarian formation is op and the admech and/or skitarii can be op if you use the war convocation formation.
>>
>>48879893

ah, so he wears armor just in case the gods wanna be trolls, but he draws the line when it comes to the singular most important piece of armor possible?
>>
>>48879517
The Thunder Barons
>>
>>48879821
Where do you buy your loaded dice and/or tape measure with extra long inches?
>>
>>48880014
No need, it's nowhere near 100% success, rather around 40-50% but sometimes I get turn 1 on a short table edge and then shit get ded.
>>
>>48879995
On top of it being a crucial piece of armour it can also be of limited use in low oxygen and/or toxic environments. Helmetless soldiers is gay as fuck. Everything that shoots at a unit with one or more models without a helmet should get rending.
>>
>>48880034
On a short table edge? So am I understanding you right if I think you play with less than 24" between you and your opponent?
>>
>>48879995
Now i know you are just being wilfully obtuse but terminator armour also has stenght enhancement and the power supply for his lightning claw.

And a lot of CSM have literally grown into their armour.
>>
>>48880045
Yeah, s'about right.
>>
>>48872232
A single las devastator or melta marine can remove a Leman Russ tank in a single shot, it's a hard counter that can remove something worth a lot more than it.

Hard counters are called that for a reason,it's not the Wyvern that is broken (Though I admit it's by far the best thing in the codex, but that's relative) it's that Orks are fucking shit.
>>
>>48880071
I've never played with less than 24" and it isn't in any of the standard scenarios, but I guess it does make melee armies a lot better. The only thing is that I assume superfriends still does it better?
>>
>>48880113
Eldar infantry and guardsmen fall as easily as orks to the wyverns, hell eldar die even faster due to t3.
>>
>>48880126
Oh, didn't mean less than 24", just the regular Dawn of War deployment.

>The only thing is that I assume superfriends still does it better?
Of course they do.
>>
>>48880113
A single las devastator or melta marine can theoretically remove a leman Russ. But its very unlikely because 1/3 of all shots won't hit, 5/6s (lasgun) or 6/11s (meltagun) of the hitting shots won't penetrate, and even after that you need to roll a 6 (las) or 5 (melta) to explode the vehicle.

Or, a single Lasgun has a 1.8% chance of wrecking a Leman Russ on the first try. Meltas fair significantly better at a 25% chance but only if they make it to within 6" of the Russ.

A wyvern actually eliminates cover saves and ork infantry's armor saves, and both the boys and the blast takes up a good chunk of board so your very likely to wipe a couple squad's worth of boys off the board.
>>
>>48880300
lasguns can't even glance russes.
>>
>>48870546
They did that once; the space marine codex with chapter traits, if they could go back to that and have mild chapter traits, then it could work and be cool.
>>
>>48880361
If you thought for a second could it be that he meant lascannon?
>>
>>48879605
Russ never beat up the emprah - unless they retconned the fluff...again?
>>
>>48880419
Nope, Russ lost the final challenge just as he always has.
>>
>>48873090

>Space Wolves

Wow, what a hard army to win with...
>>
>>48874898

>It's a Space 0din tries to talk about factions that aren't Orks episode

6th edition was nowhere near as balanced as 7th. It was impossible to run a list that was anything other than broken. When your dedicated transport is the strongest unit in the game there isn't any alternative to constructing a fair list. You either footslog t3 infantry or pulverize the opponent with serpents. 7th ed is easy to build a fair list in comparison. Avoid D and scatbikes. Done.
>>
>>48880801
If you dont go the TWC-route then yeah, SW are a bit mediocre army.
Thread posts: 368
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.