[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40K General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 49

File: 1466189748108.jpg (86KB, 490x605px) Image search: [Google]
1466189748108.jpg
86KB, 490x605px
I don't see the W40k General edition

Link to Codices and shit: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!FcgGjS5C

Orks I2 and stuff..
>>
You forgot literally all of the fucking links.

Copy pasted links edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
File: ah shit.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ah shit.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
>>48858225
I didn't forget them, I just never had them in the first place
>>
File: 1469309678340.jpg (200KB, 1311x984px) Image search: [Google]
1469309678340.jpg
200KB, 1311x984px
what motivates your guys? why do they fight in the grim darkness?
My SM fight for redemption from their past
My eldar fought (sold them) to survive
My CSM fight to save mankind through the blessing of Nurgled
And my orks fight because the fightin's Good
>>
File: Raptorscommand.jpg (847KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Raptorscommand.jpg
847KB, 3264x2448px
>>48858316
My dudes are motivated by an intense desire to find METAL GEARS. Even though they don't know what the fuck a metal gear is, but their batshit insane captain constantly goes on infinitely long rants about them. In fact, METAL GEARS probably don't even exist, but that doesn't stop them from trying. So far the closest thing would be them rending wraithknights and stormsurges to death.

Other than that, constant one-upsmanship on trying to Out-BEEKIE everyone else, usually by being more of an operator who operates operationally than the other operators who operate operationally.
>>
>>48858316
My orks became depressed and hopeless after being on a years long losing streak, so they began to worship nurgle. I used green stuff to put rot on them and made them have awful rashes and scabs
>>
>>48858385
pics? sounds pretty Savage
>>
>>48858316
Well I've only recently decided to make my own Blood Angels descendant chapter using the regular SM codex instead of the Blood Angels codex. I guess they fight for the survival of mankind and to eventually be free of The Flaw. I haven't decided on a name but for now I am calling them The Angels Ascendant. I'm still figuring out the "how" but my chapter will have reduced occurrences of the Black Rage and Red Thirst. Due to this increased tranquility and focus, they are excellent marksmen (I'll be using the Imperial Fists chapter tactics since I prefer ranged combat over melee). As they are still the sons of Sanguinius, even with their resistance to the Black Rage many still succumb. As such I plan on having an allied detachment of mainly, if not exclusively, Death Company.
>>
I'm considering building a nightlords kill team. Does any one have any good Night lords art that doesn't have the stupid bat wings bullshit? I'm reading the novels and each dude has his helmet painted to look menacing and is looting shit, not strapping huge McDonalds style shit to their ears.

Has any one ever seen a Chaos looters army? There is a scene where Tzeench appears as a Space marine wearing a guy's power armour. The vision shows all the parts unpainted so it's a hodge podge of colours. I thought this would make an amazing looking army or kill team if someone did a Tzeench themed looters army.
>>
So I believe there's a rule where if you inflict a wound with 2x the strength of a model's toughness the wound gains Instant Death but if I'm not mistaken Strength caps at 10 correct? Does that mean that rule only applies to models with a toughness of 5 and below? Or would say getting punched in the dick by a Dreadnought's S6 2x power fist still be able to Instant Death a model with toughness 6?
>>
>>48858593
Only T5 and below can be doubled out.
>>
>>48858593
>if you inflict a wound with 2x the strength of a model's toughness the wound gains Instant Death
Correct.
> Strength caps at 10 correct
Correct.
>>
File: 99120101134_Vanguard01.jpg (66KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120101134_Vanguard01.jpg
66KB, 600x620px
Lore question.

What is the meaning of the legband?

All of the Vanguard Veterans have them as well as a few Blood Angels tac marines, Death Company, and one Sanguinary Guard. I looked through honour badges but I don't see it discussed anywhere.
>>
>>48858610
>>48858611
Ah okay, thank you. So I guess one sneaky way of killing a tough creature with a lot of wounds is with a Librarian's Force weapon correct? Would that potentially be able to kill say.. a full health GUO with a lucky wound?
>>
which day do we usually get rumors? It's been a dry season and I'm hoping for a new Calth box to bring me back to life.
>>
>>48858635
Some space marines develop explosive thigh and their force can only be contained with adamantium bands.
>>
>New Cron faq
>Wraiths are affected by the charge through cover penalty
>despite having MtC
Sigh

Glad i've swapped to AoS desu
>>
>>48858932
>Wraiths are affected by the charge through cover penalty, despite having MtC.
This was rationalized how?
>>
File: Strongest Martial Art.jpg (85KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
Strongest Martial Art.jpg
85KB, 500x673px
>>48858955
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/08/breaking-new-40k-necron-faq.html
>Gw's fw
>>
>>48858932
Not any worse than saying you can reembark onto a night scythe.
>>
>>48858814
COMBINED
ADMECH
CODEX
>>
>>48859017
I want

PLASTIC
ELDAR
CORSAIRS

or

FENRIS
PART
TWO (feat toys for Grey Knights, Guard, Dark Angels, Chaos, and a Xeno faction that decides to join in on the fun)
>>
>>48858679
That is entirely the point of force weapons. Do be wary of dudes with eternal warrior though; they can't be instant killed.
>>
>>48858997
And characters can get into ghost arks
>>
>>48859057
There wasn't anything stopping them before.
>>
>>48858985
Thanks for the link.

I could see the charge penalty being applied by ruling that wraithflight only works in the movement phase, but the very next answer in the FAQ states that wraithflight works in all phases. It's like the FAQ writer didn't even read the damn rule he was FAQing.
>>
File: 2spooky4lee.jpg (23KB, 362x372px) Image search: [Google]
2spooky4lee.jpg
23KB, 362x372px
>>48859136
>It's like the FAQ writer didn't even read the damn rule he was FAQing.
GW's Crunch team in a sentence
>>
>>48859172
Another instance of their incompetence, refusing to acknowledge the typo in Haemoculus Covens regarding Orbs of Despair being S10 in older versions, then suddenly S1 in the newest one.
>>
File: image5.png (2MB, 1021x739px) Image search: [Google]
image5.png
2MB, 1021x739px
>>48859017

I am just waiting for the new Imperial Armour. Each day I wake up, check my phone for rumors, then go back to sleep for another hour. One day I will wake up to the glorious new additions to my army.

Hell, I would kill just to know the units it will contain so I can start buying and painting now.
>>
>>48858316
i actually have chaos orks like the other guy
they razed so much on an eldar planet (because goddamn do i hate eldar) that khorne showed up, they kicked the daemon's asses, went into the warp doom style, kicked more daemon ass, and marched out with daemons at their side
super "mary sue" but i don't give a fuck i love them
i painted them red with a green glow effect on their eyes and play them with bloodletters and skull cannons in casual games
>>
>>48858316
My Tau are just part of the Tau's bastardization of the EPA and are meant to protect the scientists deploying WIP Terraforming methods.
>>
>>48858316
My guard fight because it is the only escape from a life of crippling poverty and backbreaking manual labour on their feudal homeworld. They fight because they have been shown the horrors that not fighting can wreak upon humankind. They fight because it is their duty, for King, Planet, and Emperor.

My Space Marines fight because it is what they are born to do, it is their lot in life. They fight because it is what they are good at, and because they have witnessed the failure of diplomacy. They fight in the Emperor's name because, in the words of their Primarch: "For the noblest of goals one must sometimes commit ignoble acts."
>>
>>48859049
Yeah I immediately went to check to see if a GUO had Eternal Warrior. I guess that's why I read Librarian Dreadnoughts can make good MC hunters. I'm getting all these ideas for shit I want to have now yet at $45~ a dreadnought I'm kind of hesitant.
>>
>>48859236

Just play mechanicum. Much better army that doesn't have to rely on one gimmick formation to not be trash.
>>
>>48858316

Boss NekkStompa fights places he keeps revisiting because he intercepts Imperial communications about Ork invasions that he doesn't understand were his own.

Ja'quen Oaep the Laughing Menace razes settlements of the living because his shiny skeleton troupes of hilarious performers and bug circus act bring agonizing smiles to everyone's lips and wrings screams of elation from everyone's open or disintegrated throats. He's just in it for the laughs. One minute, you're the deadliest, most valuable genehanced supersoldier in power armor ever known; the next, Ja'quen's daring sword-handlers are wearing your outer layers like a funeral shawl--they're a real cut-up, that bunch.
>>
File: Lance Conundrum.png (201KB, 660x200px) Image search: [Google]
Lance Conundrum.png
201KB, 660x200px
>>48859172
Apparently they don't even read there own faqs.
>>
>>48859315
>mechanicum
>40k
30k gen is thataway--->
>>
>>48859136
The initiative penalty doesn't change how the wraith moves though. They don't get a -2 charge distance but they do take the initiative penalty.
>>
>>48858316
My tau want to exterminate humans as they see humans as a great threat since they fuel chaos
But unfortunately they have to deal with a grossly incompetent command structure which means most of them die every battle they just get resurrected after every battle via cloning and memory backups
>>
>>48859546
I wish 40k was as fun as 30k.
>>
>>48859590
I don't know if "mehreens: the mehreening" would be 'fun' but definitely throwing in solar auxilia, imperial cults and militia, mechanicum and daemons (as well as soon to be sisters of silence and custodes) certainly make it sort of interesting
>>
>>48859641
Whats wrong with the legions?
>>
So I'm trying to go from Blood Angels to regular Space Marines but I'm having some troubles with the detachments. For the Baal Strike Force in the Blood Angel codex I needed 1 HQ, 2 troops, and an elite so like.. 4 units. Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, for the Gladius Strike Force it appears I need a minimum of like 7 units. Como le fuck?
>>
>>48858316
only one thing matters to the tyranid

CONSUME
>>
>>48859641
>>48859650
the different legions have such wildly different playstyles due to their Legiones Astartes rules that you're sacrificing xenos races for a way more balanced game. power creep in 30k is way slower when they don't need OP formations/codexes to sell new models.
>>
>>48859650
There wouldn't be any problem but the unique stuff like destroyers and assault marines to name a few are shit so it limits army diversity. To make things even worse certain legion special units are also trash. Calth also compounded the whole 'every army is the same comp' problem so it all leads to boring samey armies
>>
>>48859666

Gladius is a decurion. A formation made of formations. Of course it requires more units.

You could just use CAD.
>>
>>48859679
What's your Tyranid army's favorite flavor of biomass then?
>>
>>48859705

The new red book fixed some of those issues. Assault Marines are very viable now.

Calth comp armies are cancer though.
>>
so FW is saying deathwatch should generally be allowed to use FW space marine stuff for friendly games, and that an official document on the matter is coming.

I own a Deredeo dread I haven't painted at all yet, and it would fit pretty well with what I have in mind for deathwatch. from what I can tell the only actual changes between regular marine dreads and the DW dreads are the addition of mission tactics.

what other FW stuff would be interesting to use with DW and its unique style?
>>
>>48858316
My Imperial Guard fight to protect the people of their sector. They are Cadian painted in a bloue-armor + grey-clothing scheme with Elysian rifles to create a more Police look then Military. Platoons are departments, Vets are SWAT, and Commissars are one day away from retirement.
>>
>>48859782
Ah so that's what the fuck a decurion is. I currently only play against my friend and we don't really use objectives yet so a CAD is more or less useless except rerolling for warlord traits. I guess we'll just stick to unbound for now then, thanks for the information.
>>
>>48858635
It's a battle-garter.

Only the Emperor himself may remove it.
>>
>>48859810
basically mission tactics replaces chapter tactics
>>
Can you turn a Space Marine into a Servitor?
>>
>>48859918
In one of the HH novels a space marine passes as a servitor, so the AdMech presumably either has some way to augment the physiology of servitors to be or gets marine body parts somehow
>>
>>48859918
The politically correct term is "Iron Hand".

It's M41 people!
>>
File: 1450202269959.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450202269959.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>48858955
>>48858932
maybe someone got tired of getting beaten up by wraiths and decided to nerf them softly, aren't they i2 anyway?
>>
>>48860006
Whip coils boost them to five
>>
>>48860030
i had my keeper get swarmed by wraiths before, it was a beating slaanesh would have been proud of
>>
Just a rule question in general!

If I have a rule with the same name but from completely different sources and completely different effect. Do I use the latest version disregarding source? Example: GW releases a supplement with a rule that has the same name as one from a Forge-World supplement for my army, but the rules has different effects, do I use the latest posted version disregarding sources completely?

Or if I run a army from the forge-world supplement, do I use the rules from that book even tho GW has released a "newer version" of a rule with that name?
>>
>>48859873

The name decurion comes from Necron book, as it was the first of these formation of formations. Just in case you're wondering. There are more decurions for marines in the Angels of Death book, you should check it out.
>>
File: Brother Captain H Hogan.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Brother Captain H Hogan.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
So I'm trying to figure out what I want to equip my Chapter Master with, this was my Blood Angels Captain but now that I'm doing Space Marines codex instead I feel like it has to look a bit more.. I don't know.. serious? I want him to be able to throw down in melee and take down daemons of Nurgle with relative ease but I feel like this model just doesn't cut it as the best my custom chapter can provide, ya know? I'm considering ripping the arm off of my Sanguinary Priest and slapping it on him instead and just saying it's the Teeth of Terra relic weapon and I guess adjust the pose of the power fist. However 25 points from the power fist and 35 points from the relic might make this guy one expensive mother fucker. Any suggestions?
>>
>>48860140
Bolt pistol and Burning Blade.
>>
>>48860140

Best beatstick characters live longest. Try Shield Eternal with power fist. You could add bike too for extra toughness.
>>
>>48860140
>Any suggestions?
Yeah, librarians. get a chaptermaster with artificer armor and stormshield and either the burning blade or a thunderhammer, and get some libbys (depending on how competitive you're going for, a tiggy conclave should do, and a tiggy star would be extremely overkill and illegal of your using the FAQs already) to cast endurance and veil of time on him and watch as he takes on most everything.
>>
>>48860207
*if you're
>>
>>48860118
That would depend entirely on the rule in question.
>>
>>48860207

Speaking of Veil of Time. We had a test game with my friend, his triptide and stormsurge vs Iron Hands command squad and smashfucker on bikes and conclave on bike. His whole army shoots at the star on first turn and one model died. It was hilarious. Veil of time can be broken as fuck. Didn't even need invisibility.
>>
>>48860247
Entropic Strike from Fall of Orpheus vs Entropic Strike in Codex: Necron
>>
>>48860297
That'd be the one in the codex then.
>>
>>48860269
Yep. Had a game recently were my tiggy star (a chapter master with stormshield, burning blade and artificer armor, conclave with tigerius and 4 ML2 libbys with axes, command squad with standard of the emp ascedant and apothecary, and a base chaplain) rolled iron arm, warp speed, endurance, veil of time, prescience, earthblood and might of heroes.
Was playing against a warconvo, and, since we weren't using the FAQ yet, I was able to get all those powers off on tigerius, and charge straight into the knight and kill it with my 10 S:10 AP:2 at I:7 attacks before it could even do a wound. The entire next turn was spent having my opponent shooting everything at the deathstar, as the only two other units alive, my land raider and grav cents, were out of range, and not get a single wound on the deathstar. And this was a 2500 point game, and my opponent had a ton of units left.

Good times.
>>
>>48860318
But why? What rules are there regarding this and where does it state?

Now ofcourse in fall of Orpheus it states that the rules in the supplement differs from Codex Necron and is intentional.
>>
Fuck it, going to ask anyway

Are there any decent IRCs, steam groups, etc. to talk about 40k table top in? Forums are too slow, local group never talks except on facebook or in person, 4chan is too shit-posty
>>
File: 1442117081885.jpg (62KB, 402x564px) Image search: [Google]
1442117081885.jpg
62KB, 402x564px
>>48860373
never i have been so jealous of all the powers loyalists get, like holy hell
>>
>>48860373

Sounds like fun. Can I do anything similar to that with Blood Angels and allies? I have a Captain I've made with a similar set up, and Dante as well.
>>
>>48859918
Any space marine recruit that can't handle the augments, can't learn proper discipline, or fucks up in some way (at the sergeants discretion) is made into a servitor. They have plenty of them.

Not every failed recruit "dies."
>>
File: scoliosis.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
scoliosis.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>48860207
>>48860169
What would be the cheapest purchase that comes with a storm shield? Do I scour ebay for some bits or just wait until I eventually buy something that has one? Even though I can't thin of any future purchases that might include a storm shield.. Tried hastily slapping on the priest's chainsword. Glad I didn't put much glue and can easily take that arm off with the slightest force cuz that shit don't look right
>>
>>48860412
Because Orpheus is using rules from the 5-6e necron codex.
>>
>>48860463

Vanguard veteran box has five. Though you might not need that one. If you know any local groups you could bit swap with them. I know some of that BA stuff is really wanted among regular SM players too.
>>
>>48858316
>CSM
They are renegade pirates - still faithful to the emperor but with a hatred and loathing of the Imperium. They fight and steal both to get by and get back at the Imperium.

>Inq + MT
They hate the shit out of renegades and heretics, tracking them down and wiping them out. Well, that's the inquisitor anyway.

The MT just do what they're told. When they are done helping this inquisitor they will likely be redeployed.
>>
File: Razorshark.jpg (134KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
Razorshark.jpg
134KB, 873x627px
>Kassen and Noble Flame

>The Noble Flame is an exceptional combat craft, blessed with one of the most advanced AI suites in the Tau Empire. Always inclined to trust his own instincts rather than the programming of his AI, however, Kassen has somewhat of a strained relationship with the craft's artificial sentience. Even though he regularly overrides the targeting protocols or frostily ignoring its strategic advice, Noble Flame's AI still works tirelessly to keep its master alive, something that paid dividends during the terrifying war on Blackfathom. When they do work in harmony, Karrsen and Noble Flame are an unstoppable pairing that the Scythes of Hamanekh have been unable to defeat in aerial combat. Of course, Kassen hasn't face all three at once.

The peerless skill of Tau paired with the genius of Tau Ai proved too much for the machine intelligences of the Necrons even with their millions of years of combat data. Has the Tau truly surpassed the ancients?

Anyways, does mistreating your AI partner makes it more likely to go rogue?
>>
>>48860423
It's not just a loyalist thing. Anyone who has acess to biomancy and divination could get the exact same thing.
The only real benefit exclusive to loyalists is the harnessing on 2+, and tiggy's reroll.
But hey, if CSM wanted all that they shouldn't have gone over to chaos :^)
>>48860436
I don't think BA have a version the conclave (I could be wrong), but they can still pull off something similar:
Two cads
First HQ is chaptermaster with artifer armor and storm shield. Second hq is mephiston. In the second cad, take two ML 2 libbys with what ever weapons you want. Theoretically you can bring as many cads like this as you want, just keep bringing libbys. You'll also want to bring the vanilla space marine command squad with chapter banner. It doesn't matter what chapter tactics you use, they'll be lost anyways, you just want the standard of the emps ascedant and the apothecary.
Roll on biomancy for mephiston, hoping to get warp speed and iron arm. Then use the other libbys to try and get endurance and veil of time. Unfortunately unless you have acess to the conclave, there's no way to get might of heroes on mephiston. Still, when fully activated, on the charge he'll have 10 S:10 AP:2 attacks at I:7. It's a little less reliable than the tiggy star, but it's practically the same thing. The only big difference in terms of stats is tiggy is T:9 I:9 when fully activated, while mephiston is T8 I:7
>>
>>48860506
Guess I'll see if I can convince my friend to drive us to the FLGS 40 minutes away. I need 2-3 more paints anyway.
>>
>>48860463
The command squad. IIRC it comes with extra legs as well, allowing you to build the squad and kitbash a captian.
>>
>>48860607
Obvious newb here... what the fuck is tiggy?
>>
>>48860642
Nevermind, figured it out
>>
>>48860642
Chief Librarian Tigurius of the Ultramarines Space Marine Chapter.
>>
>>48860607

iirc you can take Mephiston in a Conclave. Not sure if the Blood Angels Command squad can take any of that though. Could take a White Scars allied CAD, that'd make the allied Librarians really nice and even more useful. Dump the rest of their shit into scouts and drop pod Assault Marines with meltas or Furioso with Frag Cannons.
>>
>>48860642
Varro tigurius. Technically it should be shortened to tigy, but that doesn't look as good.
Anyways, he's the chief librarian of the ultras. He's very strong, and unfortunately if your a blood ravens player like me who likes to run fluffy lists, one of your only good choices for a named charecter in a librarian heavy army, because for some reason we have the chaptermaster upgrade but not the option to buy a chief Libraian upgrade allowing an extra mastery level (so up to a possible ML:3) for our libbys. I would kill to get that added to the next codex.
>>
>>48860680
You can't take mephiston in a conclave
>>
How would an army with literally nothing except S8/AP2 weapons do on the tabletop against most armies? Let's say it could throw out about 60 shots on the first turn. Would that be good?

I'm just curious, I don't actually want to run it.
>>
>>48860680
>Not sure if the Blood Angels Command squad can take any of that though
It can't. It's why I said ally in some vanilla marines and take their command squad, since it's infinitely better than the BA one, because the only way you can get a +1A banner is with the sanguinary gaurd for a fuck ton more points than a vannila's command squad with the emps ascedant banner
>>
>>48858316
Loads a' moni.

I run my (xenos) inquisitor as a rogue trader, with IG as his requisitioned army (and a fondness for (cheap) abhumans, so lots of ratlings (as part of the crew)). My henchmen + a couple of other inquisitors act as his retinue, like Devy "Gunner" Fordsworth, an inq with a conversion beamer (converted using a van saars necromunda model with a dark eldar weapon).

I can't wait to pick up some of the new Deathwatch to build some highly customized marines to run along side my dudes. Instead of the DW shoulders, I'll probably add some form of the RT tabard to drape over it.
>>
>>48859873
You can take the formations in the book without taking the gladius...
>>
>>48859884
With his teeth.
>>
Why do GW hate the idea of having a playable C'tan so much?
>>
>>48860765
Gods have no business on the TT.
>>
>>48860765
Because they need to nerf ot now so that people will not buy any now, and when they buff it up to wraithknight levels next edition people will go out and by tons of them :^)

Jokes aside, it sucks. I love the C'tan lore and models, yet the rules are so shitty it acts as a paper weight for the time being. Such is life I guess.
>>
>>48860796
>I love the C'tan lore

Get out.
>>
>>48860765
Last time a c'tan was playable it was OP as fuck.
>>
File: Capture.png (222KB, 593x604px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
222KB, 593x604px
>>48860708
>60 S8, AP2 shots on turn one
60 multimeltas?

In truth, you'd shoot good, but it'd cost so much to fund that firepower you'd have little table presence to show for it. I'm not exactly telling you anything new though, am I?
>>
>>48860809
The gods of the materium part, not the newcron sharding shit.
Fucking moron.
>>
>>48860817
>60 multimeltas?

60 Dark Lances, Blasters, and Blast Pistols in a Corsairs list. But I forgot about the pistols so I guess there'd be a few regular pistols as well.

I guess you pretty much nailed the problem though. I wasn't be as absolutely points efficient as possible but it ended up being something like 50~ jetpack infantry and 3 light skimmers... as the entire 1850 list. So I guess I should have mentioned "also it only has one turn to shoot because it all dies on turn 2" lel
>>
>>48860829
>hating pokemon

Out, I said.
>>
>>48858306
If you can't do it right, don't bother.
>>
>>48860868
If you wanted to consider it seriously, invest in a Void Shield Generator, buy 3 layers, and stick everyone inside it for maximum dark matter melting.

It's a plan I had fun with with plasma guardsmen and Kurov's Aquilla (re-roll 1's, so much smaller chance of them exploding).

I doubt it'd ever be competitive, but it's fun.
>>
so if i'm running 3 10 man squads in pods with melta, combimelta and grav-cannon, it would be best to combat squad them and split the cannon from the meltas so it can blast whatever pops out of the freshly exploded transports, yeah?
>>
>>48860886
>liking newcron lore
You aren't in a position to be telling anyone to get out.
>>
>>48859424
They did it with the Bangels Frag Cannon as well.
>>
>>48860911
>playing necrons and not liking necron lore

For what purpose?
>>
>>48860889
>Void Shield Generator, buy 3 layers, and stick everyone inside it for maximum dark matter melting.

That actually sounds pretty fun, thanks for the idea anon. As an added bonus the army would be fast enough to run out at the last moment and claim all the objectives. Plus 6" scatter for anything that wasn't deployed in there, because pirates n shit (ie. detachment bonus).

I might proxy something along those lines for my next game since we already agreed to bring dumb lists. My other main option right now is "run a shit ton of flamers and stupid random dissonance weapons that probably won't do anything."
>>
>>48859236
I'm just waiting for IA8 2.0.

Been waiting since 6th ed.
>>
>>48860927
I don't know pal, you're the guy who said if you like c'tan lore you need to get out, and if you don't like pokemon c'tan you need to get out. Seems a bit contradictory if you ask me.
>>
>>48860708
depends on range.

If you can't actually hit anything round one, it's pointless.
>>
>>48860952
The other one was a joke either way they are awful.
I am genuinely curious how you can play Necrons while hating the newcrons. You got some sort of a victim complex? It's like someone hating AoS while to playing it.

Smells like a WaaC here.
>>
>>48860952
>pokemon c'tan
Poc'tan you mean
>>
>>48860902
Sounds most efficient, yeah. God I love Combat Squads.
>>
>>48860992
I really dig Monoliths, Immortals and Pariahs.

So my army decided to take another 60 million year nap...
>>
>>48861005
What you should have done is gathered your Necrons and did what that one fantasy guy did with his army when AoS hit.

Burn them all up as a form of protest. But i guess you don't have the balls for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqRtpiR09c
>>
>>48861025
>Burning all that plastic crack
>Probably will end up playing Sigmar anyway
What a faggot lmao
>>
>>48860373
aaaaand this is why i stopped playing 40kids !

No but srsly pouring everything into a single "deathstar" is fucking boring.
>>
>>48858316
>CSM
Loyalists who got the raw end of the deal when a mechanicus forge master they were close too turned out to be a heretic. Now seek to stand upon the surface of Mar's once more and corrupt and destroy the Mechanicus that betrayed them and sold them down the river to cover their own asses.

>SM
Bunch of guys who try and kill a threat before it can materialize by using their own methods of foresight to find hints of where a threat may rise. Heavily Scout focused (WIP)

>DE
Essentially the cult of Speed
>look fellow kabalite I can juggle twelve wych blades without looking!
>Can you do it on a reaver or skyboard?
>well no I-
>Fuck off!
>>
>>48861025
Why should I destroy my property as protest?

That's counter-intuitive.

Better to vandalize the GW store with Necron grafitti.
>>
File: deadpool-40k[1].jpg (45KB, 466x640px) Image search: [Google]
deadpool-40k[1].jpg
45KB, 466x640px
So what is the official stance on conversions? I tried googling it, but all I can find are posts from 2009 that say a model only needs to be at least 51% parts to count. However, I thought I heard before that it needs to be entirely GW bits/plastic/greenstuff to be allowed, so I don't know if the 2009 posts are out of date.
>>
>>48861109
>Why do Buddhist monks burn themselves in protest?

To show your oppressors the depth of your convictions, of course.
>>
File: 1471489931988.jpg (62KB, 605x382px) Image search: [Google]
1471489931988.jpg
62KB, 605x382px
Hey guys, does anyone have the Mega link for the 40K audio book collection?
>>
>>48859918
Oh yeah, in the Rynn World (I think that is what it is called, follows the Crimson Fists losing their fortress to the orks) a scout ignores a superiors orders and fire o nthe ork warboss which gets a lot of guys killed (ork boss had a force field active) and his punishment is to become a gun servitor.
>>
>>48861160
You cannot be serious?
>>
>>48859284
Just buy and paint 1 a week anon
>>
>>48861242
I listen to them while I work.
So yeah.
>>
>>48861243
Weekly shipping would add up to damn near 50% price increase.
>>
>>48858316
My first Necron Overlord fights to save his tombworld from relentless invasions and to continually spread the rising influence of the growing Necron Empire.

The second one has realized the fuitility of constant war and has become somewhat of a mercenary. He fights because he enjoys the challenge and realizes that with effective immortality, no defeat really matters in the long run. He's much more jolly than the other one who's mostly stern but has lost almost any semblance of hope.

Both of them however are pretty open to negotiations and have made agreements and alliances with other races and factions.
>>
>>48861109
No. Grafitti on a store is a crime; you will be seen as a filthy nigger with no morals.

Burning your own army in protest and putting it up on jewtoob. At worst you are a martyr, at best you are the shining paragon of justice against the evil empire.

But yeah it takes balls. But they do notice, they do see it and they cry sad tears
>>
>>48858316
My Necron overlord plays the part of a hilariously egotistical and inept commander. His search for personal glory leads to a large number of near-suicidal Command Barge dives, while a Destroyer Lord does the actual directing of the army. Silent King-Sempai will never notice this garish dandy of a leader, such is life.

My AdMech army however, is an Explorator unit sent to follow rumors of a powerful artifact that uses the warp to travel backward in time. The expedition leader is quite obsessed by this point, they've found parts of such a device, but no way to power them up. The search continues.
>>
>>48861287
oh. righty. What about podcasts though, or other novels?
To be honest (desu) I don't know what the quality of gw novels is like nowadays. When they first started it was very hit and miss. some were okay, others were utter shite.
>>
>>48861333
Burning your models just means GW rubs their hands and giggle as that's one less second hand army on the market.

Best revenge is to deny them profits by trading armies rather than buying, ignoring their stored, going third party.

Living and playing well and denying them even a single dime.
>>
>>48861333
Those tears are then wiped away with hundred-pound notes as they laugh at the retard who melted a bunch of plastic that they already sold him.
Those aren't tears of grief, they're just laughing too hard.
>>
>>48858316
My guys originally wouldve been standard 'for tha emprah' but the guy in charge of my campaign said if I can come up with backstory they could be fluffed for anything
So now they are fucking space furries
They're like a dodgy mixture of bear and human dna, do create something more naturally violent and tear your throat out them humans, then left on an unexplored planet in the system during the dark age of technology
The only reason they have anything is by scavving it from the planets orbit (smashed up ships and wreckage from fights in the system), and by bodging their own power armor together and believing its just as effective as standard sm armor ala Ork waagh!
Its fucking ridiculous but I got told it was allowed so fuck it, space bears
>>
Would the DW codex work well for a Raptors style operator marine army?
>>
>>48860420
>You're all shit for discussing /tg, do you know any better sites?
You don't spend much time interacting with people, do you?
>>
>>48861422
Raptors chapter tactics would work well for an operator marine army.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 400x585px
>>48861422
Imperial Fists tactics would work well if you're in a group that absolutely for some inexplicable reason hates FW.

But why Deathwatch?
>>
>>48861455
Sniper bolters, able to change tactics in-game, terminators that get to play devastators.

And the general prevalence of specialist gear for specialist jobs rather than mandatory bolters and whatnot.
>>
>>48861425

Well, you are.
>>
>>48861490
Just use Raptors Tactics, anon.
>>
>>48858366
>My dudes are motivated by an intense desire to find METAL GEARS. Even though they don't know what the fuck a metal gear is, but their batshit insane captain constantly goes on infinitely long rants about them. In fact, METAL GEARS probably don't even exist, but that doesn't stop them from trying. So far the closest thing would be them rending wraithknights and stormsurges to death.
That's literally the same as my Tau dudes.

We usually never play anything but campaigns with tons of house rules, so my old converted pistol commander didn't find his metal gear (read: Riptide) until the very end of the campaign, where he wrestled a wounded carnifex to death, before losing the Riptide to a Missile launcher and getting beaten to death by a random scout who happened to be nearby.
>>
Bit of a weird question
Are gun emplacements a thing?
Aka could I mount a lascannon/plasma cannon on the wall of one of my house bits of scenery for an extra 20 points and be allowed to have it fired by a tactical marine instead of his bolter
Its odd I know, but I want to have as many things in my favour for the first fight of the campaign (which is gonna be against a seasoned orks player)
>>
Thunderfire Cannons
Out of 10 whats your opinion /tg/?
>>
>>48861524
Gun emplacements do exist, but to do as you're thinking would have to be a houserule.
>>
>>48859257
faggot
>>
>>48861524
>What is an Aegis Defence Line with Quad Gun/Icarus Lascannon emplacement.
>>
>>48861566
anti-air
>>
>>48861566
Other then that
Can you even attack infantry with a quad gun? I thought it had to snapshoot
And apparently this campaign isnt running fliers so it's barely worth taking
>>
>>48858366
I approve. People who give armies serious backstories freak me out, maaan.
>>
>>48861524
Closest for marines would be tarantula turrets but they are operated by machine spirits.
>>
>>48861071
Counter-point

Green Tide
>>
>>48861589
Yes. It doesn't snapshoot either, it has the automated defences rule which means BS2 is someone isn't manning it.
>>
>>48858932
>MtC
Lying piece of shit.

They don't have the move through cover USR. They have a rule that allows them to ignore terrain for movement purposes, the problem with charging through terrain is supposed to be that the charged unit has an advantageous position compares to you. So whether you ignore it or not doesn't matter, unless you actually have MtC that means the unit knows how to utilize the terrain to their advantage, thus negating the usual penalty.
>>
>>48861131
>to count
To count for what?
>>
>>48861542
Nice model, good rules, would personally prefer it to be on a rhino rather than fixed (well on treads, but they're more to make it go at walking speed than to keep up with the vehicles) for the sake of keeping marines as the rapid force I imagine them to be.

8/10
>>
>>48861619
It still has skyfire, so bs 1 vs ground targets, the bs2 is vs fliers.
>>
>>48859424
That says the same fucking thing.

You guys are just retarded.
>>
>>48861623
MtC doesn't ignore Int penalties anyway.
>>
>>48861626
>51% GW parts to count as officially legal
>>
>>48858316
>DA
A successor chapter of the Dark Angels whose gotten stupidly lucky and stumbled upon a 30k termi that was sent through the warp. They now go around fucking shit in the ass with him. (I have one 30k model my friend got me cause we thought it'd be cool cause it was limited edition)
>orks
WE'Z GOTS TO GO FASTA (cult of speed lead by zhadsnark)
>Ad Mech
Finding cool new tech mostly
>>
>>48861639
Huh. You're right. I thought for some reason that Interceptor let you fire at ground targets as well for full BS. Am I thinking of a different rule?
>>
>>48861643
Lance means a Armour facing can have no more than AV 12

Quantum shielding makes the av 11 count as av 13.

So if Lance works normally it'll count as av 12
If they cancel each-other out it means the lance penetrates vs av 11.
>>
>>48861666
you're thinking of 6th edition.
>>
>>48861560
Nothing wrong with being gay, faggot.
>>
>>48861651
That doesn't really help. Legal for what? Different tournaments have different rules.
>>
So if Inquisitors don't run the Deathwatch, does that mean 9t's basically run by blackshields?

So a bunch of idiots who got exiled from their chapter are now ignoring the codex as well as using alien weapons and everyone is just okay with this?
>>
>>48861691
Well, start with the most restricting rules of the most official tournament, and end with regular casual play at a regular Games Workshop store.

I'm new, so I wasn't aware there were different types of official tournaments with varying rules on what makes an official model.
>>
>>48861639
>>48861619
Cant I put someone with a higher BS on it to man it
aka bs5 space marine captain
>>
>>48861733
Yes.

That's how it's usually used, plonking some token HQ behind it for bs 5 and solid cover save.
>>
>>48861733
Yes, still BS1 vs anything but a flier or a skimmer though.
>>
>>48859793

What did they change?
>>
Where do I read the new fluff?
>>
Would anyone be willing to help a brand new player make a 1000 point army? My uncle just gave me his big box of tabletop games in his will and I found a small collection of necrons. The hobby seems pretty awesome and I'd been on the fence of getting in for a while. Now I have no excuse not too.

Here's what I've got. Any input at all would be welcome!

20x Necron Warriors
5x Necron Immortals (Gauss blasters)
10x Deathmarks
5x Lychguard (warscythe or sword and shield. Shouldn't be hard to switch them out.)
5x Canoptic Scarabs
3x Canoptic Wraiths
1x Necron Lord (Warscythe)
1x Cryptek (Staff of Light. Chronometric may be added.)
1x Necron Overlord (voidreaper (or maybe it's just a stylized war scythe?) and res orb)
1x Necron Overlord (Warscythe, voidblade, nightmare shroud.
1x Orikon the Diviner
1x Tazryn the Infinite
1x Ghost Ark
1x Annihilation Barge
>>
Does anyone have the White Scars Supplement?
>>
>>48859424
My argument is : Lance treats AV >12 as 12
Quantum shields says AV 13
Both = AV 12 [u]NOT[/u] AV 11
>>
>>48861992
_NOT_
>>
>>48861981
The WS/RG/Tau, combined angels of death or the single WS set?
>>
>>48861992
Can you express it as a Boolean string?
>>
>>48862017
Preferably the single one.
>>
>>48862033
No noone has it, it was half the price of the combined WS/RG/Tau so noone bought it.
>>
>>48861888
First and foremost, if you're ever interested in using the formations, the only thing you'd need would be a box of Tomb Blades for Reclamation Legion, and a Spyder for Canoptek Harvest.

That said, a quick list you may like is:
Orikan the Diviner
5x Lychguard with Warscythes
5x Deathmarks
10x Warriors in a Ghost Ark
10x Warriors
3x bases of Scarabs
3x Wraiths
Annihilation Barge

You have enough HQ units to mess around with, but for now you need bodies on the field more. I prefer Praetorians to Lychguard for mobility, but Lychguard with scythes work better than shield ones for me. I'd put Orikan with the Lychguard, and use the Barge and Ark to draw and deflect fire. Enemies in cover will be a problem for now, but the Wraiths clean them up nicely if they make it. Any particular questions?
>>
>>48861888
Why only 1000?
-Trazyn would do well with sword and board lychguard
-Distraction wraiths with whip coils are always useful
-Orikan would do well in the 20 warrior blob (with Cryptek backup optional, possibly lord and overlords for a kind of gear-heavy death-star)(for even more trolling have the empty ghost ark follow the mob for the Repair Barge special rule)
-AV 13 Annihilation Barge (Tesla under-mount to keep the role focused) is always a nice touch
>Happy Exterminating!
>>
>>48862032
coytanly
>>
>>48862095
Not too many. I think I've the a basic handling on the rules and how to play. Did a 500 point skirmish match against a friend today to learn the ropes and I schooled his ass. Felt pretty proud to be honest.

One question I have is about the ghost ark. Can the Warriors riding in the ark shoot their flayers AND the weapons on the sides of the ark or do they just fire the weapons on the sides?
>>
>>48862137
The Warriors can shoot. The side weapons are fired by the ghost ark itself, so can be used even if empty.
>>
>>48861673
But lance doesn't specify LOWER than 12 so I would just house rule it.
>>
>>48862150
It does nothing vs lower than 12.
>>
How many frag cannons and shotguns come in the Death Masque set?
>>
>>48862149
>>48862111

I had no idea I could just run with an empty ghost ark. That's incredibly useful information. Thank you very much for your help gentlemen!
>>
>>48862158
I meant it does not lower below 12. "cancels each other" is such piss-poor wording...
>>
>>48862161
1 frag 0 shotguns
>>
>>48862166
If they cancel each-other our then there's no quantum shield so it's base av 11.
>>
>>48862043
Does anyone have the combined one then, not him but the White Scars supplement from it is also relevant to my interests, or even just the name for the combined one if it's in >>48858225.
>>
>>48859424
This is only the first draft, so they should have more drafts to iron things like that out before the final one.
>>
>>48862137
The Ark gets its shots, and since it is open topped, the riders get their shots as well, using their weapon profile. Keep in mind as well that jinking with the Ark only affects the Ark's shots IIRC, the warriors (or whatever) inside are unaffected and fire at regular Ballistic Skill.
>>
>>48862177
if they cancel each other then there is no Lance either….
>>
>>48862169
Wait, then where do you get shotguns?
>>
Did carnifex and hive tyrant bases get quietly changed from 60mm to 65mm? I am making custom acrylic bases for my nids and everything has lasered out exactly correct, but the carnifex/tyrant bases looked bigger than what I lasered. I measured and the 'fex base is 65mm. Anyone have any idea what the fuck?
>>
>>48862196
That won't make the shield uncancel though, so you'd still be in the same boat.
>>
>>48858316
My Black Label Legion fights for profit, mostly, and for fun. And for that lad Abbadon with no arms, he's pretty based
>>
>>48862179

Mega>Warhammer 40.000>Dataslates and supplements>War Zone Damocles>Kauyon
>>
>>48862177
But if we instead say that they both WORK, then all the confusion goes away as the active AV 13 then becomes AV 12 (per the FAQ Lance is made better than it is and Q shields are just gone. That is not and equal cancelation.)
>>
>>48861615
You know, when I was a kid playing rogue trader, and the white dwarf compendium was the bible, neither of those things existed.
It never occured to anyone to put a space marine librarian with displacer field, vortex grenades on a motorbike with jumppack and teleport homer and frenzon.
Although my lil brother did make a harlequin solitaire at 1000pts.
The thing is, one lascannon could remove anything. Just one shot and BAM. no problem.

Even the mightiest wraithlord or land raider became emmental cheese when there were lascannons, or better yet multimeltas (4D4 damage!!)

So yeah. I like the middle ground where we actually play normal armies and not some sort of spam variant.
>>
>>48862198
You buy real kits, not premades box sets.
>>
>>48862237
*an* equal ...
>>
>>48862237
Tell GW that, I don't make the rules, use lances or play necrons.
>>
>>48862217
exactly… terrible choice of words for a rules issue
>>
>>48862193
>Keep in mind as well that jinking with the Ark only affects the Ark's shots IIRC, the warriors (or whatever) inside are unaffected and fire at regular Ballistic Skill.
No. FAQ clarified this as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>48862202
No other 'Nids players? Here's what I'm talking about. Y'all fuckers should check your base sizes--not that 5mm will make the difference between life and death, but that's sill some shit.
>>
>>48862198
Why does it bother you? Shotguns are fucking terrible if I recall
>>
Im new to this and dont understand how rules work, but doesnt it stand to reason that:
1) the thing is AV 11
2) the shield makes it count as 13
3) the lance hits something that is treated as if it where AV 13
4) the lance rule makes it AV12
Or should i read the rulebook and/or kill myself?
>>
>>48862329
That makes sense. Unfortunately, people are stupid, so they asked GW for help. GW decided to help by giving us different, conflicting answers.
>>
Why do people say not to play Guard if you're new?
>>
>>48862329
That's how it should logically work (And is supported in the rules, due to how conflicting rules are handled). For some reason the FAQ decided that conflicting rules should cancel each other out.

>>48862342
Guard aren't a particularly powerful or forgiving army to a new player.
>>
>>48862312
Some sweet bases, like a trophy mount. I can see how that accumulated 5mm's might effect your bottom line though.
>>
>>48862322
the deathwatch shotguns are different to normal shotgun
>>
>>48862198
There are two in the kit. >>48862169 is either lying or a retard.

>>48862243
It is a real-kit, dipshit.
>>
>>48862353
what are some other armies where i can play a mobile firing line then? like a swarm army kind of thing?
>>
>>48862243
the sprues in death masque are exactly the same two sprues that will be sold as the $35 kill-team box.

if you want a box picture, there's one in the painting video with duncan.
>>
>>48862404
If guard are what you want to play, you should still go for it, you should just be aware of what you're getting into.
>>
>>48862404
Kroot heavy Tau.
>>
>>48862404
necrons pretty much. they're durable, don't rely on cover for that durability, and their basic rifle is their workhorse.

you can sorta-kinda do firewarrior heavy tau with ethereals/fireblades, but necrons will be significantly more durable (and cheaper overall than guard or tau methods)
>>
>>48862356
Thanks man.
>>
>>48862419
cool
>>
>>48860607
The problem most CSM players see is that C:SM and us get the same toys, except C:SM has it better in most cases.
Ex: Free chapter tactics, ATSKNF VS VotLW or possesed tax to get fear, Oblits vs Centurions, Loyalist bike armies VS chaos bike armies... With the Cyclopia Cabal it felt like we would finally get some personnality (outside of dinobots), like "Ah yes, chaos is more corrupt and gets less toys, but at least we have some heavy magic yo back it up !" aaaaaand... Boom, CSM get the same, except even more reliable, with more disciplines. That's where the salt comes from
>>
File: 1468719273389.png (742KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468719273389.png
742KB, 600x800px
>>48862419
how good are the units in the cron start collecting thing
>>
>>48862442

>CSM
>C:SM

That's an unnecessarily confusing way of abbreviating things.
>>
>>48862468
Only things that aren't great are scarabs, but they're necessary for a canoptek harvest formation which is stupid powerful.
>>
>>48862468
Very good overall. The Stalker is a good vehicle, if too much of a fire magnet. Overlord, scarabs and warriors are just stock things you should have on hand anyhow.
>>
>>48862493
>>48862496
cool thanks
>>
>>48862268
Alright, I've been looking around, and I cannot seem to see where it references the Ark jinking affecting the riders in any of the errata. Can you link that part? Might just be a image not loading or something.
>>
>>48862404
>>48862468
>collecting and painting an army for any reason other than you really like the models and fluff
anon pls
>>
>>48862515
All passengers snaps from jinking vehicles, even dark eldar to whom jinking is more important than breathing.
>>
>>48862539
>I have to use my 5++ instead of 4+ cover, I can't breathe
>>
File: bloggerimage2085291594.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bloggerimage2085291594.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>48859236
Just for you anon, here's a sneak peek.
>>
>>48862551
It's the raider that gets hit hard by the jink FAQ.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 1368x452px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 1368x452px
1500 or 2000 points list of fuck you T4. Yes need suggestion in the form of pure humans T3 (SoB, Inquisition, IG) to make this work. The entire thing is bases in picture related.

+++ Assploding (1032pts) +++

++ Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) (840pts) ++

+ No Force Org Slot (40pts) +

Ministorum Priest (40pts) [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol, The Litanies of Faith]

+ HQ (120pts) +

Canoness (120pts) [Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia]

+ Troops (320pts) +

Battle Sister Squad (160pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

Battle Sister Squad (160pts) [2x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer, Repressor [FW]]
··Sister Superior [Bolt Pistol, Combi-Flamer]

+ Fast Attack (360pts) +

Dominion Squad (180pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

Dominion Squad (180pts) [4x Dominion with Meltagun]
··Dominion Superior [Bolt Pistol, Boltgun]
··Immolator [Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (96pts) ++

+ HQ (96pts) +

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (48pts) [Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Power Armour, Rad Grenades]

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor (48pts) [Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Power Armour, Rad Grenades]

++ Inquisition: Codex (2013) (Inq Inquisitorial Detachment) (96pts) ++

+ HQ (96pts) +

>>
>>48862581
Why not Skiitari vanguard allies with their own inherent -T effect?
>>
>>48862605
I don't have the models and this is more humiliating
>>
>>48862581
>During a turn in which a unit equipped with rad grenades launches an assault, or is assaulted etc.

They don't stack, it's:
>where you assaulted by a unit with rad grenades?
>If yes then suffer -1T
>If no then do not

It is not, -1T for each unit with rad grenades that assaults you.
>>
>>48862581
Did you... Did you take a picture of your screen with my screenshot on it, or what the hell happened here? See >>48836507

>>48862631
Nah. As written, when a unit with rads launch an assault, the target gets -1T until end of turn. If four separate units do it, it stacks. See the rule in >>48836604
>>
>>48862631
You see Ivan, 4 separate Inquisitors will stack up if they charge one at the time in the same turn.

It is gimmicky as hell. Also Skitarii have cap of T1 they can't go to T0 like the Rad grenades.
>>
>>48862651
When you work on the magical world of blueberries you have to get creative with your phone and tablet. Since you have to be mobile.
>>
>>48862631
If you read the rule, the wording is around the unit with rad grenades, not around the unit losing a T. It's not
>If you were assaulted by rad during a turn
it's
>If you assault with rad

By definition, you have multiple, separate instances of things causing you to lose a T.
>>
>>48862662
Menu+Lock button=Screenshot
>>
>>48860708
Speaking as someone who ran Trueborn Blasterboats, its really tricky against anything which moves quick and has jink saves. Bike lists close way too fast for your shooting to overwhealm them, and your boats will collapse at the lightest breeze. You really need some more tanky stuff in there, I ended up adding a corpse-theif claw as a big DS to soak shots.
>>
File: Message_1471093425332.jpg (946KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Message_1471093425332.jpg
946KB, 2560x1440px
>>48858316
Because there are souls out there to consume, pic related, my guys.
>>
File: file.png (11KB, 673x70px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
11KB, 673x70px
>>48862672
(Snip)"..launches an assault, or is assaulted"
>>
>>48862676
But you have to get separate images from different screens into one. let me have this it is a simple pasted image on a text editor and cropped, please I need this
>>
>>48862688
Yes. If the unit with rad launches an assault, or if the unit with rad is assaulted. It is fixated around the unit with rad.

The lose of T is a penalty, and penalties (such as leadership penalties) stack.

Again, if it had said
>During a turn in which a unit is assaulted by a unit equipped with rad,
then yes, it would only happen once. "You've been assaulted" is a yes or no state. However, since it's about the unit with rad doing something (let's compare it to firing a weapon), you can do it multiple times so long as they are separate units.
>>
>>48862719
Let them be most 40k players can't read for shit. Just look at the FAQs. They are shameful.
>>
>>48861291
Aw, no LGS? That's a bummer
>>
>>48862906
60 miles out, so not local, used to have one closer but it devolved into a MTG pit filled with fatties, sweat and regret.
>>
So can we have a Canoptek formation which cuts out the stupidly power buildy buff entirely for just letting me take multiple Spyders? Because some of us actually -like Canoptek units- and -would like options for building a themed list rather than an asshole power build-

Before this FAQ I used it to free up fast attack/heavy support slots for more Canopteks and kept the wraiths away from the buff bubble to not be an asshole.
>>
>>48859257
That sounds pretty nice, Anon.
>>48861560
How?
>>
File: IG_Jet_Bike.jpg (30KB, 600x407px) Image search: [Google]
IG_Jet_Bike.jpg
30KB, 600x407px
Quick you must create a new variant of the Leman Russ. By doing so the IG will get jetbikes again.
>>
Currently playing AoS, I'm thinking about starting 40k because I like cult mechanicus and grimdark fluff. With how many points do you usually play? What is the average cost of an army?
>>
File: 1439107361597.jpg (87KB, 697x827px) Image search: [Google]
1439107361597.jpg
87KB, 697x827px
>>48863068
>I'm thinking about starting 40k because I like cult mechanicus and grimdark fluff. With how many points do you usually play? What is the average cost of an army?
Wait until the combined AdMech dex comes out honestly.
>>
I'm kind of surprised that the Deathwatch book isn't being discussed more. Is it because it's not ludicrously overpowered?

Changing over to DW from BA because the BA book is such a disappointment even thought they are my favorite chapter. Also, the new Veteran models are incredible.
>>
>>48863080
Don't.

Steamhead Duadrin are rumored to be released soon. Maybe Sep.

Techno-dwarfs > Machine fetishists.
>>
File: Imperator_Titan.jpg (145KB, 522x696px) Image search: [Google]
Imperator_Titan.jpg
145KB, 522x696px
>>48863094
01010100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01100010 01100001 01101001 01110100 00100000 01100010 01110101 01110100 00100000 01001001 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00101110 00100000 01000010 01100101 01101000 01101111 01101100 01100100 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100111 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110100 01100101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100011 01110010 01100101 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101111 01101110 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01001101 01100001 01100011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100101 00100000 01000111 01101111 01100100 00101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110100 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101101 01100101 00100000 01110111 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110011 01100101 00100000 01010011 01110100 01100101 01100001 01101101 01101000 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 00100000 01100100 01101111 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100011 01101111 01101101 01110000 01100001 01110010 01101001 01110011 01101111 01101110 00101110
>>
>>48862685
I love your game board, how was it made?
>>
>>48863085
probably because at its core its very simple, but the level of customization from that means that it will take quite a few games to figure out what choices are worth it beyond the obvious ones.

one of the big unknowns is what level of wargear investement is "worth it" on veterans depending on the tactics in use, another is what structure to use and which formations/detachments because of the fluid strucutre of kill teams and the strikeforce.

ultimately its going to be a pretty heavy learning process, and right now most people don't even have many games completed and all kits aren't available yet.
>>
>>48863040
Leman Russ Desolator, referred to as a "Slagger" by the foolhardy veterans who crew these close-range MBTs.
This Russ-variant mounts an Magna-melta, which is almost exclusively paired with Multi-melta sponsons.
>>
>>48863174
Now do Sisters like it?
>>
>>48863040
>Leman russ firestorm
>4x multilasers on turret, optional multilasers for hull and sponson. Can also be heavy flamers.
>Created using an old template that the admec "Says" was for the leman russ, but it doesn't have the power for it so that is called into question.
>Augmented targeting arrays: This tank variant has +1 BS
>After shooting roll a d6. On a 1 the turret shorts out, you take a hull point of damage and cannot fire next turn. On a 6 the turret fires double shots and take 2 hulls points of damage.
>Mysteries of the mechanicum: You may pay for the tank to have a transport capacity of 1 techpriest. With this upgrade servitors in base contact with the tank count as being in the same unit as the techpriest for blessing of the machine spirit rolls. They are treated as part of the tanks unit in the assault phase.
>>
File: Greywater Fastness Victory.jpg (158KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Greywater Fastness Victory.jpg
158KB, 960x960px
>>48863130
Produced enough Dakka.
>>
File: Angry zeros and ones.png (209KB, 480x502px) Image search: [Google]
Angry zeros and ones.png
209KB, 480x502px
>>48863203
Such thing cannot exist. Enough dakka is merely a theoretical state.
>>
>>48863040

Leman Russ What's-that-Magos-xenotech-i-don't-see-any-xenotech-you-should-reboot-your-optics-sir

Equipped with a Tesla Destructor in the turret, quantum shielding to raise the AV to 16, and scattererlasers on the hull mount and sponsons.

Also has a Stormsurge's legs and the stomp rule.
>>
File: Dark_eldar_archon_by_beckjann.jpg (16KB, 245x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_eldar_archon_by_beckjann.jpg
16KB, 245x400px
>>48858316

My Ancient aristocratic Kabal of the Dying Sun, raid worlds for ancient psychic antiquities from xeno and Eldar alike in order to build a machine that can consume the energy of stars. By consuming the star of a solar system that harbours life they also feed on the despair of the doomed inhabitants and all of the life dying on the planets when sent into a deep freeze.

They also plot to make use of this star energy and carefully hidden psychic heirlooms to overthrow Vect and restore the old Eldar nobility to Commoragh. They even have ambitions of finding a way to truly freeing themselves from the soul grasp of 'She Who Thirsts' so they can then become a space faring empire once more and harvest the stars depended upon by the lesser races.
>>
File: 1445751680789.jpg (304KB, 622x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445751680789.jpg
304KB, 622x800px
>>48863241
Son, that's not a good way to get jetbikes. Just how is this thing even maintained?
>Also has a Stormsurge's legs and the stomp rule.
So you want the driver to walk the Commissar closer to his enemies?
>>
>>48863040
Indomitablest variant. Literally two Leman Russes welded one on top of the other.
>>
File: 0f6.jpg (39KB, 527x631px) Image search: [Google]
0f6.jpg
39KB, 527x631px
>>48863275
I need this.
>>
Looking for suggestions on how to run an army of Lamenters. I know that they're successors from Blood Angels but in the fluff they don't have any of those hack n slash traits that define BA, should I run them with Black Templar tactics :?
>>
>>48863304
In the fluff the Lamenters suffer from the Thirst and Rage but only after the Badab War. I guess use vanilla marine tactics for pre-Badab Lamenters, and die for those you cherish.
>>
>>48862581
So any suggestions?
To ensure the 4 inquisitors can charge in the same turn but at different time?

Are lych guard T4? Because if so the Necron player face when his unit vaporise would be priceless.
>>
>>48863068
I play most games at around 750-1000 cuz anything bigger is long/ unenjoyable. For that you'll probably want 3 start collecting boxes (you'll want Dunecrawlers and it's a cheap way to get that, Skitarii, and a Dominus if you want to do Admech) and some Sicarians, plus a pair of Kataphrons of you do Cult Mech. That'll run at ~300 dollars at a local store to get a really solid army that'll do well as allies too. Where you start buying is up to you
>>
>>48859873
You get that reroll anyways from a CAD
>>
Technically you can attach as many ICs to a single squad as you want, yes?

So a 12-man Strike team with Darkstrider, Fireblade and Shadowsun would have Stealth, Shrouded, -1T to their targets and double the pulse shots.

Just curious.
>>
>>48862539
Another example of GW hiring someone who doesn't know what the fuck they're doing.

The transport & riders are considered the same unit re: Jink, so if the transport explodes, do the riders get to take their 4+ cover/Jink saves against the explosion? If they are shot at again, do they still get the 4+?

If their transport dies the turn after it jinks, or the riders otherwise disembark, do they still have to snapfire? If they have bonuses to snapfire/Overwatch, would they have to use that after disembarking rather than full BS?

It's fucking stupid & GW is wrong. At the very least, they forgot to include a Dark a Eldar special rule that allows embarked units to shoot normally if their vessel jinks (& probably the vessel, too). That's how my groups play it.
>>
>>48862329
That sure looks logical and is possibly the best way of doing it since both rules "work" so no one loses out.
However, the shield makes it count as AV 13, but it isn't really AV13
So the lance is firing at an AV 11, so lance has no effect on it, so it's actually AV13...
I'd go for your version though.
Heck GW said they don't care anyway make up your own rules !
>>
File: Capture.png (24KB, 676x158px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24KB, 676x158px
>>48863376
Remember that you can have all the inquisitors together in one unit until the movement phase right before you assault (when you move them out of consistency). That means you can stuff them in a transport together to keep them safe and get them to the action.

You can even pick up a Land Raider (Crusader) for that sweet, sweet assault vehicle, park it right next to the target, then disembark each inq into 4 separate units and make their explosive charges.
>>
>>48861715
Anon, gw hasnt had official tournaments for at least 5 years.

Thats where the questioning from the other anon came from.
>>
File: krios and triaros.jpg (186KB, 1024x416px) Image search: [Google]
krios and triaros.jpg
186KB, 1024x416px
>>48862563
FW really hit the perfect spot with Mechanicum designs.
>>
>>48863840
But then why not just give the answer for whatever tournaments (local, I presume) are still run? I was basically asking for anything, just to have an idea on what to expect.
>>
File: lance.jpg (40KB, 1311x181px) Image search: [Google]
lance.jpg
40KB, 1311x181px
>>48862329
>>
File: Capture.png (120KB, 656x104px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
120KB, 656x104px
>>48863869
>>
>>48863861
If they arent official tournaments, why do they care if you use official models? They arent games workshop so they arent making money from the mini sales. As long as your wysiwyg and the dimensions are correct you should be fine.
>>
>>48863861
>But then why not just give the answer for whatever tournaments (local, I presume) are still run?
Because we don't know where you live. You'd have to find out (a) if there are any events, (b) if there are any restrictions.
>>
File: Capture.png (83KB, 844x396px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
83KB, 844x396px
>>48863964
Well, to step back a bit, I wasn't specifically asking for tournaments. First, I was just hoping there was an official statement somewhere on conversions. Failing that, I meant like in a GW store. I had heard there were rules on what can be played there.

>As long as your wysiwyg and the dimensions are correct you should be fine.
That's the problem though. Something like a conversion beamer can't be WYSIWYG. Also, GW officially announced that a Void Shield Generator should be a small building around the size of a vengeance battery - then released an official model the size of an imperial bastion and errata'd it to a medium building. If I had built a conversion before the official model using their recommended dimensions, is that model no longer allowed?

>>48864012
So the official word for games workshop stores is that there isn't one, I presume. "It depends on the manager of a given store" is a good enough answer for what I was asking, although I was hoping for some inkling on what to expect, maybe something anecdotal.
>>
>>48863818
Could grab some Crusaders and Death Cult assassin. In case of the odd T5 with their T reduce to 1 Insta death with S3 and S4 models is going to be so fun.

The entire concept is to humiliate with a stupid gimmick
>>
>>48858316
Tyranids:

EAT. BREED. DIE. REPEAT.

Or, or you want a more detailed articulation of this concept: you will never know the ecstasy a Ripper feels as it crawls into the digestion pool, to be dissolved so its biomass can be absorbed by the hive. You will never know how good it feels for the hormagaunt to cut down its prey and sate its raging hunger (for a while). You will never experience the intensity of the orgasm a genestealer feels when it impregnates a host. Humans, Tau, Eldar - they all spend so much time trying to overcome their biological urges. It is an insane way to live, but it is necessary for them because their biological urges are flawed. The natural urges of the Tyranid, on the other hand, are all shaped to facilitate the continuation of the hive. That is why Tyranids are the perfect species. Desire and necessity are perfectly in tune with each other in every Tyranid. And thus the only the thing that matters is achieved: the swarm survives and grows.

nobody knows that every time they play against my Tyranids, they are entering my magical realm. Every time a biogun pulses and propels out the ammunition, it is quite literally a form of ejaculation. And you don't want to know what my genestealers do to fallen enemies.

Necrons:

We won the War in Heaven. This is our galaxy. Every other species is simply food for our gods (my guys are Oldcrons. I like my soulless metal death, thank you very much.)
>>
>>48863689
I meant the only use of a CAD would be the reroll, we could just simply say "fuck it, reroll if you get a warlord trait that's useless".
>>
>>48864107
What the fuck are the sizes of the aegis defense line sections anyway? I can't find anything in Stronghold Assault.

Also 1d4chan says I can carry them with my troops as they move or something, what's with that?
>>
>>48864309
>Also 1d4chan says I can carry them with my troops as they move or something
"No."
>>
>>48864333
Yeah I figured it sounds retarded. You place them as deployment though right? As part of your army.

I'm thinking if they're actually useful for Fire Warriors to hide behind since they have 4+ armour anyway. But then I see you can up your save to 2+ by going to ground if he inflicts a gross amount of wounds to better your chances to survive.

Which sounds retarded in my opinion. You should declare GtG before to hits are even fired. You don't get shot in combat and decide you'll avoid acknowledging the gaping hole in your chest by diving behind some fucking sandbags.
>>
File: the doubt.jpg (222KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the doubt.jpg
222KB, 1600x1200px
ok guise I've a great question itching me.
Do I keep my foot marines on 25mm bases or do I put them in the new baller 32mm textured ones?
First ones let them be more packed and squeeze in small cover, but the other ones are swaggier. Anyone has experience with them in game? Is the difference they make really big?
>>
>>48864405
The Tau-specific fortifications do move around.
>>
>>48864405
You might as well complain you don't make all your cover saves before you roll.
>Why should I see if the attack hit him, then hurt him, before discovering it hit the tree instead?
>>
>>48858316
My slaneesh daemons fight because its fun to make a beautiful bloody mess with crab claws and etherblades.
Also asses, asses everywhere.
>>
>>48863861
>But then why not just give the answer for whatever tournaments (local, I presume) are still run? I was basically asking for anything, just to have an idea on what to expect.
It varies hugely, there is no central organising body. The only answer that can be given for tournament acceptability of a non-standard model is "ask the organiser of that specific tournament."
>>
>>48864481
Fair enough. Thanks.
>>
>>48864107
>Failing that, I meant like in a GW store. I had heard there were rules on what can be played there.
Entirely up to the store manager.
>>
>>48864454
Yeah but I'm not scratchbuilding a fucking cheesy retarded-looking defense line. I want some improv shit my junglefighters have learned to build with their own two hands cause that's how my cadre rolls.

I just find it stupid. But hey, 28" of a decent cover I can get a 2+ cover from for 50 points sound good to me. I'm still learning the game so we're playing at a buddy's home on his kitchen table with a few books and shit as cover, so the field of battle is more or less cover and LoS-breaking free. I NEED this shit right now.
>>
I've never played skitarii and admech before, needed to make a 2000 point list to fight my friend who is playing tau for the first time.

How's this?

Battle Maniple

Skitarii Vanguard 55 points
+5 vanguard 45 points
Omnispex 10 points (cover saves -1)
2 Transuranic arquebus 50 points
1 Plasma Caliver 30 points

190 points

Skitarii Rangers 65 points
+5 rangers 55 points
Omnispex 10 points
2 Transuranic arquebus 50 points

180 points

Sicarian Ruststalkers 160 points
Conversion field 10 points

170 points

Sicarian Infiltrators 185 points

Ironstrider Ballistarii 55 points

Onager Dunecrawlers 90 points
+2 Dunecrawlers 90 points
3 neutron laser and cognis heavy stubber 75 points
3 cognis manipulators 75 points

1200 points

Cohort Cybernetica

Tech Priest Dominus 105 points
Autocaduceus of Arkhan Land 25 points (feel no pain)
Eradication ray 15 points
Phosphor Serpenta 5 points
Conversion field 5 points

155 points

Kastelan Robot Maniple 290 points
2 carapace mounted heavy phosphor blaster 10 points
2 twin linked heavy phosphor 20 points

Kastelan Robot Maniple 290 points
2 carapace mounted heavy phosphor blaster 10 points
2 twin linked heavy phosphor 20 points

1995 points
>>
>>48864520
Sounds like you'd be better off making some scenery.
>>
>>48864529
Do you have a knight or can borrow one?
If so go war convoy
>>
>>48858316
My Tyranids fight to escape my attic, because that's where they've been for over a year now.
>>
>>48864590

I have every knight, but it sounds a bit unfair to use a superheavy when someones just testing an army. What's war convoy?
>>
>>48859679
The only thing Tyranids consume in this edition of 40k is ungodly amounts of disappointment
>>
>>48864493
Be aware - just because one tournament accepts it that does not mean that others will.

If you're planning to attend a bunch of tournies then you'll either need a regular model to replace the conversion or just not bother with the conversion.

Re GW stores - it 100% depends on your manager and when they change (which happens all the time) what used to be acceptable can suddenly become unacceptable (or vice versa).
>>
>>48863869
>>48863939
Which is the most recent one?
>>
>>48863774
No need to get so mad, orktard. Passengers firing normally while their transports are undergoing extreme evasive maneuvers was fucking retarded. Could Dark Eldar be given a rule that lets them shoot at a higher ballistic skill while jinking? Sure, but that's not the job of a FAQ.
>>
>>48864606
War convocation. Very good formation. Google it. Note the free upgrades for everyone - that's 200-300 points of free wargear at 2K.
>>
>>48864589
It's not worthwhile right now. Friend doesn't have the space and lugging around a bunch of buildings and trees for an hour on the bus isn't my idea of fun. But eventually we will as we have plans to make complete gameboards for both 40k and D&D.
>>
>1st october
>Exclusive Launch Day Miniature

Launch of what?!
>>
>>48864641
Moar muhreens
>>
>>48861153
This comparison is too edgey to be funny.

You were one of those neckbeards who had a tantrum weren't you? You did it didn't you?

Way to go
>>
>>48863080
Jesus Christ mate don't.

Do yourself a favor and run. SAVE YOURSELF.
40k is FUCKED right now.

Melodrama aside; Age of Sigmar is way more fun and has a far lower barrier of entry. You can play with literally any amount of guys and the rules are fast, simple and FUN.

...hey guys, remember when Warhammer used to be FUN?
>>
>>48864649
MORE FUCKING SPESHUL MARINES

fuck off
>>
>>48864694
>remember when Warhammer used to be FUN?
Zone Mortalis still is.
>>
>>48864637

Jesus christ.
Does vehicle equipment count as wargear as well?
>>
File: Scoria.jpg (136KB, 568x587px) Image search: [Google]
Scoria.jpg
136KB, 568x587px
>>48863080
Go for 30k Mechanicum instead
>>
>>48864641
What gun is mounted on his powerfist?

>totally hoping Powerfists get retconned into have built in guns allowing Terminators to fire two weapons (three if cycloning)
>>
File: 107524852-490x688.jpg (80KB, 490x688px) Image search: [Google]
107524852-490x688.jpg
80KB, 490x688px
>>48864649
>>48864707
>In mid September CSM get a new supplement, with a lot of cool stuff.
>1st of October loyalist get all the cool stuff CSM just got plus everything they need to counter them.
>>
>>48864719
"All weapons and wargear" including relics.
>>
File: 1468395064792.jpg (103KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468395064792.jpg
103KB, 1024x640px
>>48864707
>most favored faction
>faction that sells the best
>being surprised that GW whores out the loyalist
>>
>>48864719
Given that vehicle datasheets have a "wargear" section listing their standard equipment, yes.
>>
>>48864707
Yes YES
LET THE BUTTMAD FLOW THROUGH YOU
>>
File: laughingeldarwhores.jpg (271KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughingeldarwhores.jpg
271KB, 446x400px
>>48864159

>Necrons
>We won the War in Heaven
>>
>October 1st
Isn't that the anniversary of 40k?
Jheeze calm down guys
>>
>>48864832
Obviously suffering damage from the Long Sleep.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35KB, 1440x1080px
>>48864766
Have you considered the same in reverse?

>GW whores out the wonderful special marines
>steady stream of cheese means they always win
>faction sells the best
>>
Are soul grinders good for their point cost or are they a meme?
>>
>>48864789
>>48864764

Well that's just nasty.
So I'm doing it, thanks.
>>
>>48864820

>be me, haven't played 40k for about 11 years
>hear local club has some old school friends
>spend 3 months and ungodly amounts of money building 2500pts of Tyranids
>My 1st night at club: Everyone playing unbeatable Tau lists
>2nd night at club: Everyone suddenly loves Eldar and their shiny new D weapons
>3rd night at club: Necrons... Necrons everywhere
>4th night at club: "yeah I've always loved Space Wolves"
>5th time at club: Suddenly we all play Dark Angels
>Back to ebay you go, Tyranids

^Not in that order, fuck if I can remember.
This is why nobody plays 40k anymore.
>>
>>48864947
they are

>>48864890
well, you are correct
>>
>>48864977
>not just playing for fun against fluffy lists
That's why nobody plays 40k anymore. The varying degrees of WAACfaggotry.
>>
>>48864977
its best if you find a group of people to play with who don't netlist. WE have one Tau Player, but he's aware of his sillyness and tries to tone it down in places. Our Eldar is a jackass but we just team up on him if he gets too fucky.
>>
How to play Deathwatch at 1000 pts? What should i grab?
>>
>>48858366

that's a nice rifle conversion(?) Where did you get the bits?
>>
>>48865610
Nothing, because the codex is completely dysfunctional.

Do Skyhammer but use the deathwatch models if you like them.
>>
>>48864641
the new edition of 40k ofc !
It uses the exact same rules at age of sigmar, and the new release will have datascrolls oops dataslates for all existing models so you can continue to use them in the new edition !!!

>Oh thanks geedubya we really wanted a new edition of 40k
>>
>>48865778
Maybe it'll make the deathwatch codex suck less?
>>
Friend is practically giving me some stealthsuits, drones and strike warriors which I can make great use of with my sneaky jungle theme. I also have the option of taking 2-3 crisis suits, some kroot and a devilfish too but I'm only partially sold on the kroot.

How do Kroot work as sneaky outflanking snipers? They can make use of markerlights too?
>>
Finally succeeded in making a new general
>>48865855
>>
>>48864832
>>48864850
I don't see any Old Ones around, do you? Are plagues of demons and other warp entities overrunning the galaxy? Nope.

Saying the necrons didn't win the war in heaven because the Eldar were left to build that thing they laughably called a civilisation is a little like saying that the Allies didn't win WW2 because there were still a couple of Nazis living on a farm in Argentina.
>>
>>48865813
no, take your mess of a codex with special rules out the ass, tons of fluffy stuff, a decurion, brand new models and you'll enjoy it
>>
>>48865936
Guise, this is going to sound odd, but death masque and deathwatch overkill are what are bringing me back into 40derp.

I used to play 40k since 1989, but dropped it like it was lukewarm puke in a paperbag when GW started making it shit in the latest editions (i left in v4 iirc and even that wasn't as good as before)
i mean come on the grey knight baby mover and the centurion armor within armor what the fuck? why not make a unicycle chariot for dark elves, or a fucking space sled pulled by wolves?
>>
File: nemesis6.jpg (278KB, 756x840px) Image search: [Google]
nemesis6.jpg
278KB, 756x840px
>>48866139
>he didn't convert his dreadknight

sometimes GW runs out of ideas but 6th/7th has been pretty good to marines, 5th and 4th everyone went down in quality due to them trying to scale things back
>>
>>48865910

>Lose your entire empire
>Lose your souls
>Be forced to the periphery of the galaxy because you can't stand up to knife ears
>Lose sanity after having to sleep off the ass kicking
>We totally won you guys!
>>
>>48866139
>a fucking space sled pulled by wolves?
Was that a joke?

Because they did.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.