[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 21

File: DHMBaY4.jpg (308KB, 1200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DHMBaY4.jpg
308KB, 1200x2000px
Previous Thread: >>48763436

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
http://theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out
>richfags
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510
>poorfags
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/the-quick-the-dead-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
Where and when was the last game you played set?
>>
i still come here everyday and have yet to ever even play a single game of this

one day
>>
>>48788678

Fucking Assamite Mudslimes
>>
Currently prepping a solo Promethean game for the gf. Do you guys think Promethean can work solo? She wants to play a Tammuz who's sick and tired of the whole "work" thing and longs for a normal, carefree life.
>>
>>48788674
London in 1860.
Sadly it lasted about 4 sessions before availabilities changed, and I was not the most experienced at making the seeing feel like more than mere window dressing.
>>
So Mages can do everything the other splats do and better, okay got it. Sounds completely balanced.
>>
Where's my alien gameline.
>>
File: queenvictoriawithchildrenblack.jpg (82KB, 634x589px) Image search: [Google]
queenvictoriawithchildrenblack.jpg
82KB, 634x589px
>>48789139
Oh shit, did you actually run Victorian Age: Vampire? I don't think I've ever seen anyone play that.
>>
>>48789233
Victorian Age Mage.
It was very hard to try and mix more progressive Mage philosophy with the mentality of the time.
Especially when one player went under hardcore Thearch Catholic, and whenever one of his superiors criticized him for being too Christian, he took it hard. Also he was extremely prejudiced especially against his own Cabal. It was hard. I don't think he read the Ladder's principles very thoroughly.
>>
>>48789165
It's not balanced. But then again it's your fucking fault for running a crossover game in the first place.
>>
>>48789165
Didn't they tone that down in 2e? Also, doesn't Paradox pose a large obstacle in using their abilities to the fullest extent? Is this the same meme as claiming wizards are best thing ever in D&D?
>>
>>48789389
Paradox is insignificant... At the beginning. The more your Gnosis rises and the more powerful practices you use, the more important it becomes.

However there are plenty of ludicrously powerful spells which you can get all the reach you'd ever need for with a rote. Many of those exist event at 2-3 dots.
>>
>>48789055
Most certainly. Though it's not ideal from a pilgrimage perspective.
>>
>>48789055
>>48789520
My first (and only) Promethean game was solo for most of it's run, with other solo games crossing over every now and then. Spoilers: I'm Lace

I'm thinking about running a one on one to ease into a real game, and I might try doing the same thing with two or three people; them playing a one on one game, but that crosses over with each other when I can, and then becomes a real game with a group; might also help that first session trouble of getting everyone together.
"You all meet a Qashmal..." is my other idea.

>>48789165
>>48789438
>>48789389
Mages can't "do everything the other splats do and better", and the point of the game isn't to be "balanced" with everything in the first place. Mages, in general, as a splat, could, theoretically, do just about anything that other splats could do. But the problem with that is people who dismiss or hate on Mage without knowing it tend to think that means any and every Mage can do whatever they want with a snap of their fingers regardless of how much Experiences they've spent on the character.

Mage requires a lot of Experiences, too; it's the most restricted splat in terms of power growth. Also, Paradox is pretty crazy, even early on, where you'll be wanting to Reach more and more without dumping all your points on Rotes (because despite what some people will tell you, Rotes are not the only thing you'd ever want to buy). And it definitely gets worse when your Paradox pool starts so high that you're rolling successes at only one Reach.

Ooh, that's another good idea for a Yantra. Grants a bonus or 8-again or a free spell factor... but gives 1 auto success on the Paradox roll.
>>
>>48789389
>Is this the same meme as claiming wizards are best thing ever in D&D?
Well. In D&D you actually do have a situation where the wizards tend to be able to do everything the non-wizards can, and then some; but the wizard and the fighter are also supposed to be working together and fighting the same things, despite one of them being dramatically more flexible (a fighter can never end an encounter by casting Sleep or Soul Jar, and any encounter needs to plan for that... not so for fighters).

In CofD, things aren't operating on the same playing field to begin with. A Vampire is going to have trouble with the Strix, let alone actual deep-in-the-Shadow Spirits like a Werewolf would face.
>>
What Arcana and practice to hover around like a badass?
>>
>>48789673
RAW, Forces 3-4
Using either Perfecting to "perfect" kinetic energy into lifing you, or Weaving Gravity into following your instructions.
>>
>>48788880
لان في كثرة الحكمة كثرة الغم والذي يزيد علما يزيد حزنا
>>
Suppose I get the Shadow Name Merit where I personify a character pure of mind body and soul who is steadfast, resolute, and also virginal blessed by the Divine ala Joan d' Arc and you end up losing your virginity. Do you lose the Merit?
>>
>>48789709
So how do you around while floating? You can control you movement while spell is active?
>>
>>48789756
You don't lose the Shadowname Merit for acting unlike your Shadowname. That's sort of the point.

So your 2pure4u virginal yamato nadeshiko unbending beauty with the Shadowname Jean D'Arc might be the greasy lowlife who keeps getting her casual prostitution and bar fights overlooked because she's a Criminal Informant. It's a separate persona that's so unlike your mundane day-to-day persona that no one could ever tell the two of you were the same person. It's like if Bruce Wayne were secretly Batman.
>>
>>48789756
No, the Merit only relates to the manner in which you practice your Magic, when you adopt that persona.

You could be the biggest whore in all of bristol, rape your father, and beat a Changeling to death over half a pint. Then you put on your Mahou Shoujo costume, and start casting flashy, pretty spells with the full dice pool modifier.
>>
>>48789589
I can only assume it's intentional, but ANY time you post, it is obvious that it's you Aspel.
>>
I want to run a game where players are highly experienced Mages with at least 4 in one Arcana and 3 in a secondary. How much XP should I give out
>>
>>48789837
It's not any. Or intentional. I just don't try to hide it and like inserting myself into every conversation.

>>48789829
>Fighting evil by moonlight
>Glassing cunts by daylight
I want this as a real character

>>48789862
Don't give out any; just set them up so that they've got Gnosis high enough to support that and give them X dots of Arcana.
>>
>>48789520
I'm definitely thinking that she meets another Promethean at some point, forming a tiny throng for a few sessions. That way she can learn complex refinements and it might be interesting to play out how the throng dissolves, even if the other member is an NPC.
>>
>>48790073
When doing one on ones, don't be afraid to have a lot of NPCs. They may not always be able to help her, but having allies is always useful. You can also give her "hints" about what to do through NPCs.
>>
I see geckopirateship has been gunning hard for the Whiniest Shit title on the OP forums.
>>
>>48790256
Don't let it spoil your mood, Anon.
>>
File: 27.png (415KB, 926x1330px) Image search: [Google]
27.png
415KB, 926x1330px
when your Grimoire's Rotes change.... Again...
>>
>>48790863
Should have relinquished with a Willpower Dot.
>>
File: the_chronic_les_of_darkness_2.png (2MB, 1432x1418px) Image search: [Google]
the_chronic_les_of_darkness_2.png
2MB, 1432x1418px
How do you guys do NPCs in cofd? Do you fully stat them out? Or give them those simple dice pools?
I'm planning a Mage game with a number of cabals. I'm planning to stat up the members but I don't really want to be rolling up every Sleepwalker who might not ever need those attributes.
>>
>>48791219
I give each NPCs the following dice pools:
Expert - 7
Amateur - 6
No idea what they're doing - 2
Everything else - 4
>>
>>48791300
That wasn't clear. Every NPC gets one dice pool at each level, the rest is at 4 dice. If it's an important NPC I'll stat them out completely or maybe give it a few extra dice pools at various levels.
>>
>>48790256

Dude really needs to learn to disengage.
>>
>>48788674
8 months ago. My schedule changed and I haven't been able to get back. And I can't get motivated to learn 2e Mage.
>>48789862
Know the rules better than any of your players. High expectations mages can break anything if they can think of it.
>>
>>48789389
>Didn't they tone that down in 2e?
No.
>Also, doesn't Paradox pose a large obstacle in using their abilities to the fullest extent?
Less than sun for a vampire.
>Is this the same meme as claiming wizards are best thing ever in D&D?
Mages are capable of doing anything another splat does, just with some work. But unlike dnd you're not playing a group with all different splats (unless you're a pillock). In a mage game everyone's a mage.
>>
>>48790256
>I see geckopirateship has been gunning hard for the Whiniest Shit title on the OP forums.
He's been banned since Saturday
>>
>>48794459

I wonder if he's finally gonna jump ship to oWoD after Promethean 2e made him so mad.
>>
>>48791219
I tend to just wing stats, based on what'd fit for the moment.
I do write them down after I've used them though, for consistency's sake.
>>
>>48791219
If I plan for their stats to be important at all(eg, if I expect the PCs to fight them), I stat them up, otherwise I leave them with nothing until I end up making them do stuff, then write down the dice pool I gave them so I can use it as a basis to stat them up later, if I need to.
>>
Have I misunderstood Scrutiny now in 2e, or has it been completely neutered compared to 1e?
>>
>>48794962
did they even have scrutiny in 1e?
>>
>>48794459

She.
>>
>>48795015
Eh. Yes.
That was kind of the core of how Mages found stuff out.
>>
>>48795031
Don't assume people's pronouns
>>
>>48795031
Nooo! Don't enter the splatter zone!
>>
>>48795031
There's a curveball. I need to stop being so whatever the thing is where you assume people online are like yourself.
>>48795067
>That was kind of the core of how Mages found stuff out.
then you mean mage sight, not (just scrutiny)
no it's been expanded a lot for 2e to allow for a lot more potential for stories
>>
>>48795031
Hey Dave why does the Time 4 spell Rewrite History still allow mages to turn certain supernatural back to humans. Isn't that against what was said in imperial mysteries?
Or does it work like the errata'd Temporal Summoning?
>>
>>48795031

Oh, my mistake, I don't browse the forums unless people bring it up in here. Either way, I wish she could have just focused on making the games she wanted instead of what actually happened.
>>
>>48795099
>then you mean mage sight, not (just scrutiny)
>no it's been expanded a lot for 2e to allow for a lot more potential for stories

Scrutiny was what you did when you had Mage Sight up. Stop mincing words, please

Look, my issue is this: It looks to me as if you need to have THIS SPECIFIC Mage Sight up to study something now (in 1e it just gave bonuses), and it takes a TON of rolling, and unless you are really good, you won't get shit.

I assume I'm wrong, because I don't see others complain... But I don't get HOW I'm wrong.
>>
>>48795031

Dave, we certainly appreciate the recent Mage errata and SoS spoilers, but any chance you have an ETA on the Mage FAQ? There are so many questions that need answers...

Also, with respect to the perfected materials spoilers, in 1e, when metals were perfected by going into and out of Twilight, they lost most of their mass in the process. Is this still the case in 2e?

Why does a mage need Matter 3 (and extra Reach) to perfect things like fire. Should perfecting specific forces only require Forces 3? Similarly, can Prime be used to ease or expedite the creation of perfected materials. As discussed in the OPP forums, the whole perfecting process seems like it really should be handled by Prime, not Matter, Forces or Life.

Thanks.
>>
File: Breaking-Bad-Heisenberg.jpg (781KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Breaking-Bad-Heisenberg.jpg
781KB, 1920x1080px
So, for tl;dr reasons, my players have managed to get their hands on a supernatural drug. And they want to synthesise it. How the fuck do I go about handling that? Int+science to figure out what's in it? How many successes should be a standard amount?
>>
>>48795907
Successes = Potency of drug + Supernatural Advantage of the original creator
>>
>>48795459
>Scrutiny was what you did when you had Mage Sight up. Stop mincing words, please
It's a specific term for a mechanic in 2e, it's not mincing words, it's being clear
>I assume I'm wrong, because I don't see others complain... But I don't get HOW I'm wrong.
you are, maybe you should read the books and see the difference
>>
>>48795459
Focused mage sight is how you figure out what something is yes. However it is not the be all end all of detection.

So lets say the Rat a rather simple minded Acanthus walks into a room and notices the smell of rotting cheese. "My peripheral mage sight!" he declares, focusing his will he looks for the cause of this disturbance.

He hallucinates, seeing small things running threw his fate(and cloths, and hair and skin). He panics, seeing no one in the room he focuses on the magic crawling threw him. The opacity is 3. Wanting knowledge now he grips some of the little bastards spends a willpower and demands a Revelation. He rolls Gnosis 1 + Fate 2 +3 – Opacity 3. rolling 3 dice he garners 1 success, learning surface information.

The tiny things running threw his pattern are revealed to be black beetles, the signature nimbus of his nemesis of the same name. Looking closer he can tell his fate is being weaved... but into what? The spell is fresh, new! The beetle must be close! He scrutinizes the spell.

the Rat rolls 4 dice, getting 3 success, a miracle. The opacity drops and still no sign of the beetle.
rolling again, then again now on the third turn the opacity is down to 1. Still, the beetle hasn't attacked.
He rolls 1 last time the opacity falls to 0.

He learns the truth.

His Fates were tied to another(Shared Fate (Fate •••)). Following a thread he found a window that he was certain wasn't there before. The thread crossed from his building to the one next door. There in the window, plain as day was the man who shared the Rat's fate.

A man unconscious, tied to a chair in a room filled with explosives, poison gas canisters, and a rather angry looking cocker spaniel. A giant timer counted down above the mans head, painted over with black beetles. 2 seconds left.

It was at this moment the spell concealing the Constant Presence (Time ••) falls off.

The Rat cursed.
>>
>>48795907
If it's supernatural maybe make separate rolls for Science and Occult. If they only succeed in Science, they might not be able to replicate the supernatural properties, and get something different.
What does it do? Where did it come from?
>>
>>48796231
Yeah. Sure. I get this. It's just that it looks a lot more cumbersome, and much harder to actually get any information than it was in 1e.

To begin with, he wouldn't have had to have Fate/Time Mage Sights to see this. Any Mage Sight could see any magic. You just got bonuses on scrutinizing things connected to your sight.
>>
>>48795015
>>48795067
>>48795099
>>48795459
>>48796078
Scrutiny existed in 1e. It let you know the Resonance of something, and a few other things. You might even have needed to scrutinize something to dispell it, I can't recall. You needed 1 success to know the basics and what the spell was, then you used more to find out things like it's "Qualities". It wasn't that great a system.

>>48795459
>>48796518
>Look, my issue is this: It looks to me as if you need to have THIS SPECIFIC Mage Sight up to study something now (in 1e it just gave bonuses), and it takes a TON of rolling, and unless you are really good, you won't get shit.
>I assume I'm wrong, because I don't see others complain... But I don't get HOW I'm wrong.
None of that is really an issue. It also gives a lot more information, and a lot more meaningful information. 1e's didn't really give you anything at all. Certainly not things comparable to what 2e does.
Also, you still don't need a specific Mage Sight to see magic. You need a specific Mage Sight to analyze specific effects.

It's cumbersome, but it also does more.
>>
I decided to actually read some of the fiction anthologies.

Bought Fallen World Anthology.
So far I've had a depressed lesbian mage story (1/10, wouldn't read again)
and a BLM gun-control story
(6/10, actually wasn't too the worst)

I hope these pick up though, it barely feels like the setting of mage is being leveraged here.
>>
>>48796960
Looking forward to the rest. Interested in your opinion.
>>
>>48796960
the strix fiction anthology is the best
the promethean one sucked shit
>>
>>48796518
>Any Mage Sight could see any magic.
I'm pretty sure this is still the case. You'd need Mind sight or Death sight to see, say, Obfuscate, but if it's a Supernal spell, any Mage Sight works.
>>
>>48797338

Promethean one made me cry in the story with Israel Hands and Hendaid Bran.

And most of the Mummy fiction is dope.
>>
>>48796960

One of the best mage stories is actually in the Beast Anthology. Read "Premeditation." It was written by DaveB, and is largely about an adventure in the astral with a mage, beast and bastet.
>>
>>48797503
yeah but you're a pussy with shit taste
>>
>>48797515
Good on DaveB, keeping Changing Breeds canon.
>>
>>48797515
>that's the best mage story
we won't be seeing mage fictioninthe future
>>
>>48797503
Man, I didn't even know if it was a good or a bad ending. It rattled me all the same.
>>48797515
Definitely a highlight of the Beast Anthology.
>>
>>48797555

I think they murdered an innocent girl in the name of helping the old crow?

>>48797527

love you too, anon
>>
>>48797572
>I think they murdered an innocent girl in the name of helping the old crow?
It's been a while but I don't remember registering that. I was more rattled by Crow's ages of experience and higher thoughts being suddenly wiped clean.
>>
>>48796960
Last one I'll probably have time for today.
Angry detective mage hunts down a lady
(6/10, I enjoyed it. A little over-written at some points, but it did the job.)
>>
File: 1471112199739.jpg (78KB, 479x700px) Image search: [Google]
1471112199739.jpg
78KB, 479x700px
>>48797553
Then they wont mind if I write some of my own.

Mystery system is the best way Ive ever seen to keep mage fresh and Ive already written some fun shit i may end up putting here with it if anyone is interested.
>>
>>48797611

It just made me happy to see some of the NPCs again. I normally hate canon characters, but the old Promethean guys are all very near and dear to my heart.
>>
>>48797572
>I think they murdered an innocent girl in the name of helping the old crow?
>this story made me cry
>I don't really know what happened in it
>>
>>48797649
I want her coat
>>
>>48797649
you've always been able to write wod/cod fan fiction
few people do it
>>
>>48797690
Yeah, so would you bother reading it?
>>
>>48797677

I read it months ago, man.
>>
>>48797718
if it was good, or revolved around a splat I liked
>>
>>48797338

Strix Anthology is the one with the most reprints from other books, right? I really liked the one story that the Monsters and Other Childish Things guy wrote, Noblisse Obliege. Was that an original one or a reprint? If it's a reprint, what book was it in?
>>
What sources do you use for monsters in hunter games? http://yokai.com/ is one of my favorites
>>
>>48798982

Folklore encyclopedias I find at the library.
>>
>>48798982
I'm a nerd, so I tend to know more than enough weird out there shit.

My one attempt at an actual Hunter game involved a Slasher based on Kuchisake-Onna. I've also wanted to do a barghest.
>>
>>48798982

I listen to a lot of podcasts. Blurry Photos is a comedic cryptozoology/conspiracy poscast that does some great monster episodes, and Ken And Robin Talk About Stuff are a pair of RPG writers that do a lot of occult and horror stuff.
>>
>>48795321
Rewrite history literally has a reach for removing the template, so it obviously doesn't work like temporal summoning. Additionally, the statement in imperial mysteries is about permanently removing/changing a template. So, I'd say, working as intended.
>>
Is there anyone in the Rochester area who would be interested in joining a nWoD game irl?
>>
File: Working as Intended.png (134KB, 1058x311px) Image search: [Google]
Working as Intended.png
134KB, 1058x311px
>>48799466
>>
>>48799645
Yes, it does exactly what it intends to do. What part of that is confusing? Do you think they meant "you can do this thing we said you can do... but not really"?

It does what it says it does. I'm confused as to... why there's confusion.

Also, I'm now imagining a Mage that basically gives out free Humanity to Changelings or Vampires. First taste is free, but after that you gotta pay.
>>
>>48799593
Change that to Dallas and Id say hell yeah.
>>
>>48799766
I posted it to further show the point, not to disparage it.
>>
>>48797741
I think they wanted to kill someone but stumbled upon an ODing junkie and they decided to stay for her final breadth
>>
>>48799931

Yeah, that's what happened. The story was a very nice conclusion to a lot of popular NPC Promethean storylines, and to me kind of closes the book on Promethean 1e.
>>
So, I've decided to run a Promethean the Created game, a little onshot for some friends. I was planning on basing it around one of the universal milestones of the pilgrimage, potentially the one regarding making a "new" promethean. I'm a bit hung up on the setting though, I was thinking France or Canada(the former simply because it seems like a neat place to set a promethean game and the latter for the relatively low population density and the dangers implicit in surviving the winter in some areas), but I can't quite decide yet. What do you lot think?
>>
>>48797690

Very few people, if the internet is anything to go by: https://www.fanfiction.net/game/World-of-Darkness/

http://archiveofourown.org/tags/World%20of%20Darkness%20(Games)/works
>>
>>48799847
Oh. Okay.
>>
>>48800192
>In the city where Anyone Can Be Anything, it turns out that a rabbit can be a vampire. Whether she likes it or not.

The Vampire Rabbit of Zootopia
>>
>>48800192
I think it is just hard to organize and see. People don't look for it.

I was just thinking of adding to those two archives. We should start filling it up!
>>
>>48800192
>Very few people, if the internet is anything to go by: https://www.fanfiction.net/game/World-of-Darkness/
>224 stories
I'd knock that up from few to many.
there's a separate folder for VtM
https://www.fanfiction.net/game/Vampire-The-Masquerade/
with 199 stories
and other sites
https://www.literotica.com/s/my-little-ventrue-ch-01
>>
>>48789673
>>48789813

You only need Forces 2 to float by shielding yourself from the forces of gravity. With forces 3 you can actually fly around and move.
>>
>>48791219
>statting
>implying I even roll dice and don't just make up numbers for dramatic effect
>>
>>48800179

I'd say Canada. It's a little easier to get the atmosphere across, and it's cold and desolate. It's perfect for a gathering of Prommies to make a new one.
>>
>>48796231

but if he wasn't an acanthus he wouldn't be able to tell any of that information because no fate mage sight.
>>
>>48797515
>implying Storyteller isn't the best mage story
>>
>>48789862

That's not highly experienced. That's like, your average mage.
>>
File: 1378159398735.jpg (691KB, 821x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1378159398735.jpg
691KB, 821x1000px
>>48800303
>shielding yourself from the forces of gravity
I'm not sure that's how shielding should work with regards to Gravity, but I can't find anything which would actually say so in the Practice's description.

Simply put it would allow you to cast a simple spell on any physical object, then pick it up like a (admittedly, quite unwieldy) styrofoam prop, and walk around with it.
>>
>>48797515
>>48800449

Both of you are really bad at spelling "The Wheel".
>>
>>48800572
fuck off atamajakki
>>
>>48800628

No, I'm not them.

I am in fact Phil Satyros Brucato and I have always been among you.
>>
>>48800628

I wear a trip for a reason, anon.
>>
>>48800717
It's Satyros Phil Brucato.

>>48800806
Yeah, so we won't suspect you when you drop it!
>>
>>48800849

I, Brucato Asatyros Polyp, can take whatever name I wish, for All Is Permitted.
>>
So questionion only recent started investing in the cWoD setting. When a setting says "coming soon" how soon Does that usually mean? I'd love to tryST'ing A changeling game but dislike the idea of going all in if the second edition is right around the corner
>>
I want to FUCK a cute Ventrue slut
>>
>>48800973
soon but not around the corner
changeling will be the next big game for cwod
they did post enough rulesto play it withoutthebook
>>
>>48801005
https://www.literotica.com/s/my-little-ventrue-ch-01
>>
>>48800973
What a bad investment. Didn't you learn anything in the Duke Nukem fiasco?
>>
>>48800973
Do you mean Chronicles of Darkness (which is about to have Lost 2nd edition) or do you mean Classic World of Darkness (which has Dreaming 2nd edition, and Dreaming 20th Anniversary coming out soon)?
>>
>>48801240
The Lost
>>
>>48801382
Lost isn't cWoD, it's CofD or nWoD. 2e is coming out probably some time early next year, though there IS a mostly playable version out now from the previews.
>>
What is electrum magicum and will it actually be covered in SoS?
>>
>>48800549

Its straight from Dave B's mouth. Shielding allows you to shield from abstract concepts now.
>>
>>48801998
I'm pretty sure DaveB himself has said that the lowest you can fly at would be Forces 3, by Fraying the gravity that holds you down.
>>
>>48802073

Its that same post. He said floating is forces 2, flying with direction control is forces 3.

its like having the rooster talisman without the rabbit talisman.
>>
>>48788674
3870 BCE Mesopotamia
Hunter group accidentally time traveled and has landed in the middle of a cattle revolt against a vampire king.
>>
>>48802239
>its like having the rooster talisman without the rabbit talisman.
What?
>>
>>48803333
Nice quads. He means from the Jackie Chan cartoon. The talismans gave powers, but some powers only really worked if you used them with another. One made you invulnerable to pain but not damage while another did the opposite I believe. If you used the one to be immortal, you couldn't be killed but a solid hit would still stun, where as vice versa it wouldn't stun but it could injure you I think?
>>
>>48803333
Jackie chan adventures reference. The rooster talisman lets you float and only float. The rabbit talisman normally gives superspeed. Together lets you superman.
>>
File: 700px-Gender_Chart.png (247KB, 700x569px) Image search: [Google]
700px-Gender_Chart.png
247KB, 700x569px
So Promethean 2e came out. Looked at the Drive Thru RPG page. Found this comment.

>"I haven't had any readability problems, nor have I counted the gender-neutral pronouns. But I do find them to be highly annoying. Genderless characters are better as "they" or a neutral usage of "he". Zhe, zir, zhey, whatever, is tacky, antagonistic virtue signalling at its worst."

I instantly lost any motivation I had to buy this product.

My girlfriend is trans. Not any of this Tumblr pronoun bullshit. Honest to god trans with all the struggling with dysphoria and treatment that entails. I never talk about this shit because she just wants to be normal. She doesn't "want to be trans," she is just a girl with a physiological problem. She doesn't want any of this melodramatic bullshit.

This shit ain't real. Tumblr oppression olympics special snowflake gender bullshit ain't real. The people who get offended when you don't realize they're a skelegendered dragonkin are children playing at having legitimate issues on the Internet. The people who claim to be "genderfluid" and get angry whenever you misgender them even though their gender switches arbitrarily are stupid cunts. But the suffering of actual trans people who agonize every day over whether they pass and face alienation and in some cases violence if they don't? That's real. And because of the aforementioned idiots, actual medical issues have become muddled by people who wish to co-opt this suffering to their own egotistical ends.

Back in the day, Promethean was one of our favorites because its themes were incredibly strong and the stories it could tell had the potential to be wonderfully meaningful, but now there's... this shit. This fucking garbage. All in the name of being inclusive. But the reality is it's alienating and OPP doesn't give a fuck. What they care about is fellating themselves over their perceived moral superiority. It's like they learned absolutely nothing from the occasional race caricatures of the WW days.
>>
>>48803562
That guy, you and your girlfriend are all shitlords
>>
>>48803562

Cool blog post.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>>48803582
>>
>>48803562
You will be missed... I think... I guess?

lol
>>
>>48803562
Okay, have fun
>>
>>48803562
Here's the thing, though. Your girlfriend is not all transgender people. Her experiences and outlook do not make up the sum total of the transgender experience, but more on that later...
>This shit ain't real.
This is also the thing: Yes, they are real. Transsexual "I was assigned male at birth but I'm female" is not the only expression of being transgender. Gender identity is not a binary thing. I could link several real world neurological and psychological studies that prove this fact, though I often see them get dismissed (and likely more so, since the list is stored on my Tumblr).

But let's ignore that, so that I can point something out to you: Those people who "get angry whenever you misgender them even though their gender switches arbitrarily"? Those people don't exist. Genderfluid people exist, yes, but aside from (usually smut focused) roleplaying, I have never in all my years met a person who uses non-standard pronouns outside of their own tiny tumblr, and all those people aren't going to be going off on someone for misgendering them except intentionally. Those people are transgender. They by and large have actual gender dysphoria, even if they do not express it in a way that is familiar to you. "I have a penis and wish I had a vagina" is not the only expression of gender dysphoria, even according to the APA (although if you're who I think you are, you'll tell me that you've read the DSM-5 and they say there's a gender binary; that's not true, they even say as much on their website's FAQ)
Those people who get offended if you don't realize they're a skelegendered dragonkin? They fall into two camps: They either literally DO NOT EXIST outside of the hateful parodies that are coded insults for transgender people or others, OR they're people who do have legitimate problems and aren't or are only rarely actually "co-opting" something, and more trying to understand their schizophrenia or whatever they've got.
>>
>>48803720

Like, I don't wanna disparage the poster's girlfiriend or what she's going through, dysphoria's no fun, but comparing a set of Spivak pronouns in a game book to the dumb shit White Wolf did the 90s is silly.
>>
>>48803562
>"I haven't had any readability problems, nor have I counted the gender-neutral pronouns. But I do find them to be highly annoying. Genderless characters are better as "they" or a neutral usage of "he". Zhe, zir, zhey, whatever, is tacky, antagonistic virtue signalling at its worst."
I mean it's not going to stop me from playing but it's annoying as fuck to see. So long as I don't play with someone like that.
>>
>>48803758 (cont.)
>>48803562
Now. On the subject of Promethean itself, and by extension, your girlfriend, and how she might feel about it.

Promethean is a work of fiction. It can, in many cases (and all of the cases involving zie/zir and others) be about characters who are not just transgender, but hermaphrodites; Combo is literally a Frankenstein made from people of multiple genders. There are characters who use "they" pronouns. Combo isn't one of them, because zie is literally not a single gender. Getting upset that this WORK OF FICTION uses such pronouns is completely ridiculous, especially when it's not actually related to any transgender issues, other than the one about your body being not right.

And this is the thing: Promethean is an incredibly good game and one that speaks to transgender people. Not just for the use of "virtue signalling" pronouns, but because of the actual themes. The game is all about being uncomfortable with your body, a body that isn't yours, and your attempts to MAKE it yours. The game repeatedly uses the phrases dysmorphia and dysphoria to describe this feeling. The Pilgrimage even makes a great metaphor for a transgender person trying to figure out who they'll be comfortable as

Which is why your girlfriend should really be the one to decide whether or not this book is somehow offensive to her, not you. But then again, if you *are* who I think you are, chances are you've already had several transgender people tell you to stop being a shit about the pronouns, and that the game is important to them as transgender people

Also, no. It is not alienating. It's really only alienating people like you. Or maybe you're not who I think you are, but I still think that getting your undies in a bunch over the presence of non-standard pronouns is childish

>>48803800
He doesn't seem to have even asked her how she feels about it. He just jumps to judging random people he's never met based on things 4chan/Reddit has told him
>>
>>48803871

>He doesn't seem to have even asked her how she feels about it. He just jumps to judging random people he's never met based on things 4chan/Reddit has told him

That seems like you're jumping to conclusions there. It's one thing to say "not all trans people suffer from dysphoria", it's another to go full on, "You probably don't know if your girlfriend actually feels dysphoria".
>>
>>48803999
I think he is just going off the guy's post. He said that HE read the page, he never states that the girlfriend read and disliked the Prommie stuff. It seems to completely be anon speaking for his girlfriend, saying she would dislike it.
>>
>>48803999
I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that's what I was talking about...
I meant "his girlfriend isn't the one having the kneejerk reaction, he is".

>>48804052
Not only saying she'd dislike it, but saying that it's offensive to her (and by extension all trans people); I mean, in some cases you can assume when something is offensive ("Hey, maybe you shouldn't use a phrase like 'coontail' to refer to people"), but stuff like this, where so much of what people "know" comes from 4chan/Reddit/Youtube/whatever telling everyone "look at these freaks that totally exist and are real and think the way I'm saying they think", then yeah, it's generally probably not a sure bet how someone might feel. But who knows, maybe his girlfriend is like Blaire White, or one of those other "good" transwomen who pass perfectly and act how heteronormative white men think they should act.
>>
The more I read Changeling 2e, the more I'm actually liking it. With one rather glaring exception, which is how Changeling triggers occur at the behest of the player.

I get that might work for some smaller shit (given that Triggers) can extend to stuff as trivial as seeing a couple kiss in public, or a parent drop her kids off at school.

But really there should be a fair number which the GM can mandate the player test as a result of. A good player would probably agree to most situations as GM would suggest, but then again I can count the number of "good players" I've experienced on one hand.
>>
What arcana do abyssal entities fall under? If I wanted a knowing spell to find a gulmoth, which arcana would it be?
>>
>>48800572
The Wheel is unquestionably best.
>>
>>48804419
Which of the paths is linked to pandemonium again? (Unrelated question, sorry)
>>
>>48803562
Oh for fuck's sake. It's a single bloody character who uses them.

4chan feels touchier than fucking tumblr some times.
>>
>>48804449
>sometimes
Try all the time. We just pass it off as trolling.
>>
>>48804419
Depends on the entity in question.
One that manifests as sentient electricity would fall under Forces, while a rampaging shoggoth-like flesh-beast would be Life.

>>48804437
You can find that out within a few seconds.
Just googling "Mastigos Arcana" will have Google literally telling you which are it's ruling and inferior.
(It's Mind and Space for ruling, Matter for Inferior, btw.)
And if what you asked is "what is the Path linked to Pandemonium", it is Mastigos.

>>48804472
Yeah. I phrased that badly. I meant to put it like this: "4chan is as touchy as fucking tumblr is, and at times, even worse!"

And no, not Aspel, just had a few things I wanted to reply to.
>>
>>48804484
Yeah I could have googled, but I'm actually in the middle of RPing right now, so I'm paying attention to that, and occasionally checking this page. So I asked instead.
>>
I want the Scion kickstarter to come out already so I can make a general for it
>>
>internet buddy decides to GM a MtA game
>few others get in on it
>time to do prelude
>everyone flakes outright, or gets so caught up in allocating stats that they never finish
>didn't even get to do the prelude bit of the prelude, spent like an hour hashing out character stats and then me and GM tried explaining what little we knew to others and he picked into my character a bit, helping refine it
>after everyone leaves during stat allocation, which took like 5 fucking hours, one of us points out that we can't actually do a prelude now
>he sais he expects that im the only one who will consistently play and be passionate about it
>he suggests that he just make an npc/GMPC because everyone has destiny background and have him unite us in a goal because these other fucks either had no story, didn't show up, or were cripplingly overly specific
>fuckitletsdoitlive.exe
>he's writing up a plot now and we're gonna start this weekend or something, both kinda suspect its going to be just me and him anyway
>planned on recreating golden age of piracy but fuck it we/I am going to be contacted by a virtual adept, no idea what to expect, told me i didnt need to change my character though
>neither of us have played MtA before

how fucked are we and magickally torrenting shit is just as cool as swashbuckling right?
>>
>>48804504
I'm gonna shit all over that general.
>>
>>48804484

The reason I asked is because I'm trying to recreate the Gaolers of Iaidabaoth to be a good legacy. I'm left scratching my head trying to make the worst designed legacy into something usable. I was thinking of replacing spirit and death with prime and making it about tracking monsters and revealing truths but then I'm not sure how to make the imprisonment stuff work.
>>
>>48804537
If you want to make a Monster Hunter/Truth Seeker Legacy, why base it on the Gaolers? They have a rather specific purpose as it is.
>>
>>48804502
>>48804484
>Just googling "Mastigos Arcana" will have Google literally telling you which are it's ruling and inferior.
Forget Googling, it's in the book...

>>48804537
You shouldn't be doing that *during* the game anyway...
>>
>>48804580
>Forget Googling, it's in the book...
I assumed he was without book and couldn't check it up.

>You shouldn't be doing that *during* the game anyway...
True. I recently put my gaming group on hiatus due to them not being able to pay attention to anything not online.
>>
>>48804531

What's wrong with Scion?
>>
So since forum drama sometimes gets brought up in here, can someone tell me what Wyrdhamster's deal is? I can't understand a fucking thing he says, and it always seems like a nonsequitur.

>>48804604
>True. I recently put my gaming group on hiatus due to them not being able to pay attention to anything not online.
Even worse, he's thinking about what he'll do with his character in the future instead of focusing on the current session.
>>
>>48804566
I just like their lore and I like the idea of the codex. I'm not really looking for a monster hunter legacy so much as trying to find a way to make attainments that aren't complete ass. The death component of the attainments are just "now you can do this with ghosts". But with the gaolers they don't actually hunt ghosts or spirits. They're all about abyssal entities (which are not spirit) and abyss tainted ghosts. The legacy just doesn't make a lick of sense mechanically.

>>48804580

I'm not?
>>
I think a qashmal visited me at work yesterday
>>
>>48804620
>So since forum drama sometimes gets brought up in here, can someone tell me what Wyrdhamster's deal is? I can't understand a fucking thing he says, and it always seems like a nonsequitur.

Wyrd is both Polish and an idiot. Also, I think it's a she, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>48804636
They are somehow confusing you with me, I think. Since I replied to your original post.
>>
>>48804646
Ah, you mean to say you got fired?
>>
why are we talking about forum users so much
>>
>>48804664
Because I can't stop sucking DaveB's cock

omomomoomomom
>>
>>48804663

there was a beautiful woman who gave me hope for my own future as a girl
>>
>>48804664
Because a large part of the user base here also visits the forums, but here we can vent and complain without risk of getting banned from there.

The OPP forums have a rather strict code of conduct, which makes one wary about complaints.

Also, I use 4chan to ask noob questions that can't be traced back to me being an idiot.
>>
>>48804688
It's the problem with the forums. They get so fucking passive aggressive it becomes unbearable. And the topics aimed at the devs are the worst. Now, I think Holden and Morke can be cocksucking bitches from time to time. I especially think Exalted's production line has been a shitshow to watch but even I don't think they need to hear it every other fucking forum thread. Especially when it's on subjective nitpicky bullshit that's a product of boredom and not something that needs addressing.
>>
>>48803758

There is a biological thing called sex which determines characteristics necessary for the continuation of the human species. The default is male and female, but because of a genetic abnormality, one might be born intersex. Gender reflects sex, so there is two genders and there is a spectrum between them. Even in cultures where there is a third gender asserted that is explicitly neither male nor male, such as the hijra of India, the gender in question either exists in a spectrum between male or female or is considered neuter.

At the end of the day, gender dysphoria is very much attached to a tangible part of reality. It is tied to a natural aspect of human physiology. We know basically what causes it and how it works. It's pretty established at this point. You could certainly make an argument through actual intersex people with things like chimerism for certain fringe inadequacies in gender as every normal person understands it, but there's no conceivable mechanism by which some birth defect could give you the brain of all sorts of things a ton of tumblrinas claim to have, and that's basically that. At the end of the day, much of it is just like the people who diagnose themselves with a mental illness. It's all chuuni bullshit.

>Those people who "get angry whenever you misgender them even though their gender switches arbitrarily"? Those people don't exist.

Yes they do. I have seen one with my own eyes in physical reality in a college classroom. They have a slur for people with actual dysphoria because they're shitlords unjustly looking down on the truly oppressed demiboy flowerkin of the world.

>They by and large have actual gender dysphoria,

The fact that demisexuality exists and for that matter probably started as a joke on an RP forum indicates otherwise. And yet people on Tumblr still insist they are oppressed because someone misgenders their made-up pronoun.

(cont)
>>
>>48804811
>They get so fucking passive aggressive it becomes unbearabl

Yeah. Because when one gets pissed at someone (mostly Gecko or Wyrd) you aren't allowed to express it in any other way.
>>
>>48804830
I hate this. I mean. I guess people have the need to feel special but I don't get it. It's so fucking retarded.
>>
>>48804830
>>48803758
>although if you're who I think you are,

I just randomly came here to bitch after noticing it on RPG.net. I haven't kept up with new WoD releases as late because the quality has so steeply declined. Same for her, really.

>>48803871
>Promethean is an incredibly good game

Well, it had been, once upon a time.

>somehow offensive to her

Being "offended" has a certain connotation, i.e. one is perceiving something as insulting or vulgar. I wouldn't call these pronouns offensive so much as disappointing, especially given that it apparently arises from an attempt at solidarity. Really, the direction OPP has gone with regards to identity issues in recent times is consistently misled, even idiotic, hence the near-universally reviled atrocity that was Beast and M20's sad attempt at being inclusive. This is just more of the same.

>and that the game is important to them as transgender people

See, that's just the thing. A lot of WoD had been important to her. Ironically, 2e killed it all for her despite trying to do the opposite.

>He doesn't seem to have even asked her how she feels about it.

This is true. Granted, judging by how she reacted to this sort of shit showing up in Mortal Remains and how she long ago (before it was even renamed) swore off ChroD because she thinks it's a ruinous shitshow in general, I honestly don't think she'd particularly care to know.

>>48803800
>comparing a set of Spivak pronouns in a game book to the dumb shit White Wolf did the 90s is silly.

At the end of the day, it's the same sort of desperate-yet-shallow attempt to appear inclusive when it really just telegraphs their ignorance.

>>48804200
>maybe his girlfriend is like Blaire White, or one of those other "good" transwomen who pass perfectly and act how heteronormative white men think they should act.

Oh lord, now I know you're just a terrible person.

Well, I suppose we all have our own biases.
>>
>>48804830

Fun tidbit for you - thanks to the way the X and Y chromosomes work, it's possible for someone to be born with an X and Y chromosome and for none of the associated genetic triggers to be set off by the Y chromosome - or for only some of them to be set off.

There are people who appear outwardly feminine who carry a Y chromosome and will go their whole life not knowing it, and not feeling any different for it.

Just thought you'd find that nifty.
>>
>>48804862
>A lot of WoD had been important to her.
That's the saddest part of all of this.
>>
>>48804858
You hate it because you don't understand it, and you don't to understand it. Most of what you do understand comes from other people who don't understand it, don't want to understand it, and tend to have zero empathy for other human beings that they don't understand.

>>48804830
>Gender reflects sex, so there is two genders and there is a spectrum between them. Even in cultures where there is a third gender asserted that is explicitly neither male nor male, such as the hijra of India, the gender in question either exists in a spectrum between male or female or is considered neuter.
So you agree that gender is nonbinary, but you don't like that anyone who feels that way might want to not be referred to as male or female? That's kind of a shitty way to feel.

>And yet people on Tumblr still insist they are oppressed because someone misgenders their made-up pronoun.
I'm going to be honest; when you base your argument on "4chan and Reddit told me they totally saw it on Tumblr for real you guys, THIS IS WHAT THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE", I have a hard time taking you seriously; I also don't believe you've seen it with your own eyes, except maybe someone with some *other* mental illness (possibly even also transgender) telling you that they're actually a wolf. But, again, when you try to understand people, even that starts to make a lot more sense; no, they aren't a wolf, but they probably do have a mental illness, and thinking of themselves as a wolf helps cope; I don't particularly *appreciate* that, but honestly the haters on 4chan/Reddit/etc conflating them with trans people and "hurr durr I sexually identify as an attack helicopter" are worse than the actual Otherkin. Who, as I said previously, tend to stay in their own little areas.
>>
File: ventrue prince.jpg (104KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ventrue prince.jpg
104KB, 819x1024px
Can we talk about vampires instead? What's your favorite clan?
>>
>>48804945
look at this progressive shithead
>>
>>48804862

As a queer person myself, I'd say Promethean is a beautiful metaphor for a loy of identity struggles that I (and many of those close to me) find incredibly poignant. I think that M20 was completely unremarkable, I thought Mortal Remains was tasteful, and I think that Beast's particular failings go well beyond parts of its earlier presentation being harmful.

Despite being sometimes clumsy, OPP is the only notable name in the industry that gives a fuck about queer people. That means something to me.
>>
One more reason not to play promethean lol queer fags
>>
>>48804862
>I haven't kept up with new WoD releases as late because the quality has so steeply declined.
If by "declined" you mean "has actual cohesion now". There are a few glaringly obvious places where the changeover to 2e resulted in fuck ups, but overall the system is much better, and the fluff is leagues ahead.

>Well, it had been, once upon a time.
You haven't even read it. Read the fucking book before you start bitching that "desperate-yet-shallow" attempts at inclusiveness have completely ruined it for you. 2e is a much better game.

>hence the near-universally reviled atrocity that was Beast and M20's sad attempt at being inclusive.
Just because you or places you hang out hate them means nothing. Even Beast has more than enough fans to fund the Kickstarter, and people are eagerly waiting for the rest of M20's releases (not with bated breath, though; if they were, they'd be dead).

>See, that's just the thing. A lot of WoD had been important to her. Ironically, 2e killed it all for her despite trying to do the opposite.
>she long ago (before it was even renamed) swore off ChroD because she thinks it's a ruinous shitshow in general, I honestly don't think she'd particularly care to know.
I'm going to be honest, you and your girlfriend sound like shitty, whiny people. Tribebook: Children of Gaia likely came out before either of you were even playing RPGs and it was literally about how great the gays are.
Also, why am I a terrible person? Because I don't think that trans people should have to fit in the mold other people want them to? For what it's worth, I don't actually know anything about Blaire White, other than some alt-right shitter telling me if every transwoman was as passable [and anti-feminist] as she is, transphobia would be over.

>>48804918
I actually know someone who's intersex. Though I don't know the specifics. Sex is actually determined by FIVE things. Yet we only have two "real" categories according to people who don't know things.
>>
>>48788790
Mortal is super easy to play. Like super easy. Like you could hash out characters and a full chapter in a day.

Super

easy
>>
>>48804985
Gangrel.
Ventrue and Daeva can go fuck themselves.
And likely do.
>>
>>48804985
2nd for Gangrel
>>
>>48805003
>One more reason not to play WoD lol queer fags
Fixed that for you; you won't be missed.

>>48804991
>Despite being sometimes clumsy, OPP is the only notable name in the industry that gives a fuck about queer people. That means something to me.
My friend has said they'd play FATAL if Paizo changed Pathfinder's system. Mostly for the setting, but also because they love the inclusiveness and the way that unlike, say, D&D where there's a token gesture of "oh just FYI you could be a transperson or a hermaphrodite elf or whatever", Pathfinder's adventure modules and setting books have actual examples of nonbinary characters, like Mrs Feathers (who despite her earlier presentations as a comic relief crossdresser was given a slightly less cissexist overhaul) and then there's the transgender Rogue from Wrath of the Righteous (or was it the other one?) who's in a lesbian relationship with a half-orc Paladin. And of course Shadra Geltl, the Iconic Alchemist who's trans.
And there are other examples of queer representation, too.

Actually, here's a list of 50 LGBTQ characters:
http://wesschneider.tumblr.com/post/93277599246/50-lgbtq-characters-in-the-pathfinder-rpg

>>48804985
>>48805049
I'm never sure what my favourite clan is. I tend to kind of like Gangrel, but especially with 2e, I really like Daeva more. I don't even like the typical stereotyped animal Gangrel, either, more like the Kerberoi. Nosferatu is another one I like, and Galloi has always been one of my favourite Bloodlines (I like pretty androgynous cultists who have blood bath houses, sue me). I'd say that Ventrue is probably my least favourite, though I don't hate it.
Mekhet are a neat concept, though I'm not sure where I'd place them. They're somewhat generic but at the same time too much of a grab bag. Morbus might be one of my other favourite bloodlines, though.
>>
does OPP know that a large part of their fanbase are conservatives and non-progressives who don't buy into their neo-liberal coolaid?
>>
>>48804985

Gangrel or Daeva. I'd like Mekhet if I could ever think of concepts for them.

>>48805080

White Wolf has been edgy progressives since VtM, anon. I'm sorry times have moved past you.
>>
>>48803562
>>48803758
>>48803871
I'm really tempted to make a Centimanus Unfleshed who sexually identifies as an attack helicopter now.

>I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
>>
>>48805080
Well yeah, it's not going to affect their decision making process though. You can't sell yourself and your product as progressive for over 2 decades, then turn around and start saying you want to appease other parts of the fanbase.

The whole gender shemozzle is just the latest iteration of WW's continued inclusion of modern issues/beliefs/topics in their games.
>>
>>48805139

very original joke, anon
>>
File: 11-Page10.jpg (335KB, 951x1440px) Image search: [Google]
11-Page10.jpg
335KB, 951x1440px
>>48796241
There's two versions of the drug: one that triggers a werewolf transformation, one that ends it and turns the werewolf back into a human. It was an abandoned government experiment to create super soldiers during the Cold War and the players came into possession of three doses of each (two have been used up already, so they know it works).

I wasn't expecting them to make a meth lab in the back of their car and try and make some more dosages, but there you go.
>>
>>48805150
There is nothing new under the sun.
>>
>>48805123
despite that cWoD could still be enjoyed and by a wide audience of political spectrums because it never made you think their ideology was correct. NWoD now starts to insult the intelligence of non liberal readers
>>
>>48805080
If you're so uncomfortable with some of the incredibly basic--bordering on simple human dignity--"progressive" things that Onyx Path does, like saying "transgender people exist, and we're okay having transgender characters in our examples or fiction", to the point that you'd call it "Kool-Aid"*, that's on you.

I also don't believe that there's that big a "conservative" audience in the first place.

*Also it was Flavor Aid, the knock off brand

>>48805123
>I'd like Mekhet if I could ever think of concepts for them.
Play a Mekhet who's chosen Bane is The Wanton Curse :D

>>48805150
>>48805139
>Making a character based on a meme
plz no
Also, the attack helicopter and the Centimanus Unfleshed *do* have one thing in common:
Both of them are nothing but objects.
>>
>>48804945
>You hate it because you don't understand it, and you don't to understand it. Most of what you do understand comes from other people who don't understand it, don't want to understand it, and tend to have zero empathy for other human beings that they don't understand.
I've researched the topic. People who want special words are cunts. If you actually plan on transitioning you'll use He or she as whatever you want and that's cool. You go through with it. You'll get the pronoun change. You want to be a special snowflake fuck off. No one cares.
>>
>>48805150
Look, if you didn't like it, just come out and say it.
>>
>>48805154
>That image
What the fuck.

Also, chances are there's no way for them to actually be able to synthesize or even analyze the compounds in the first place.

>>48805163
Your reading comprehension is so bad that you probably deserve to be insulted.

>>48805172
That's not how it works, Anon. You don't get to say "people who want this thing are cunts". You clearly haven't researched the topic if you think that everyone is binary.
>>
>>48805172
>No one cares.
And yet you still haven't fucked off
>>
>>48804935

Which I guess is why I got kinda pissed and wrote a blogpost on 4chan. Because it's sad, at the end of the day.

>>48804918
>So you agree that gender is nonbinary, but you don't like that anyone who feels that way might want to not be referred to as male or female? That's kind of a shitty way to feel.

I was simply explaining my perception so we were on the same page. Honestly, I've already vented so I don't care enough anymore to explain further, but you know what? Yeah, essentially, I don't think anyone who uses zhe, zir, zhey, whatever pronouns is probably someone with legitimate dysphoria and I think putting it in this text encourages a toxic mentality.

>when you base your argument on "4chan and Reddit told me they totally saw it on Tumblr for real you guys, THIS IS WHAT THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE",

And I'm going to be honest with you - I thought the same thing. I could not have cared less. But they do exist and they do fuck things up with their bullshit, so I don't like them.

>I also don't believe you've seen it with your own eyes, except maybe someone with some *other* mental illness (possibly even also transgender)

Actually, the very specific example I gave, the "get angry whenever you misgender them even though their gender switches arbitrarily" person, was a classmate I had in a psych course. Before her, I thought I'd never see such an absolutely obnoxious person in reality. Like a unicorn who really loved getting offended.

Chanty Binx is a real person, you know (not that she's at all an example of the above, granted).

>telling you that they're actually a wolf.

Okay, that's only happened to me on the Internet (and they thought they were dragons), but I think otherkin are a very well-established class of incoherent lunacy at this point.

>>48805007
>2e is a much better game.

lol

>Also, why am I a terrible person?

I was mostly being facetious. But Blaire White is pretty awesome desu.
>>
Why is it that the people with the strongest opinions about the 'culture war' are people who are completely unaffected by it?
>>
>>48805163

Masquerade using she as a default pronoun was a progressive act. Apocalypse was diehard environmentalist anti-consumerism propaganda passing as a heavy metal album poster. It was what being on the bleeding edge of progressivism looked like in the 90s.

>>48805172
>I've done research that says people are cunts

Are you reading Scottish psychological journals that treat genderqueer/agender people as nonexistent? Because I can find you plenty of people who identify with nonstandard pronouns, but research that calls people cunts sounds hilarious.
>>
>>48805172
>every queer person wants to transition

have you literally never spoken to a queer person or
>>
>>48805236
Using She in Masquerade never struck me as progressive but more of a stylistic choice
>>
>>48805206
>Yeah, essentially, I don't think anyone who uses zhe, zir, zhey, whatever pronouns is probably someone with legitimate dysphoria and I think putting it in this text encourages a toxic mentality.
I think you're not really in any sort of position to make that kind of judgement, especially not if you think that's some sort of serious problem that exists in the first place. My actual transgender friends have never even experienced anyone like that. They're all up in queer politics and shit. They know tons of queer people. Never had any big incident where someone snapped because of their flipflopping pronouns or non-standard ones.

>But Blaire White is pretty awesome desu.
I doubt that, and the person who "taste tested" the video for me died of poison, so...
>lol
Again, maybe you should read the book instead of flipping your shit because you care so much about nonstandard pronouns.

>>48805225
Honestly? They're afraid that if other people have more, they'll have less. That's why the politicians always paint it as destroying family values. It's a culture war because that's how they see it. They see other people living their lives and not wanting to be hated or disgraced or in some cases abused as somehow being an assault on their way of life. It's sad.

>>48805236
>Apocalypse [...] was what being on the bleeding edge of progressivism looked like in the 90s.
TRIBE BOOK: CHILDREN OF GAIA.

Also, what's silly is that even the APA says gender nonbinary people exist.

>>48805252
All trans people are queer, but not all queer people are trans
Unfortunately there are many transsexuals who think that the only 'right' way to be transgender is to fully transsition as much as is medically or socially possible. Some even ascribe to a very old fashioned gender binary, where women are meant to be barefoot and pregnant (so, soooo many transgirls angst over the fact that they still have "male" hobbies like video games and movies)
>>
>>48805166
>I also don't believe that there's that big a "conservative" audience in the first place.

There's honestly not a big audience to begin with anymore.

>"I love CoD and find that is a much more playable game with a more vague and unsettling aesthetic than WoD ever had. Too bad it never sold for shit and that old players hated it." -Martin Elricsson, Lead Storyteller and Brand Architect at the newly Swedish White Wolf

It's honestly pretty impressive OPP is still afloat.
>>
>>48805300
you think conservatives are above pretending to be monsters or medical creatures

those were always the main draw of WoD not the bleeding hearts liberalism
>>
>>48805252
I was not. I just don't buy genderfluid as the mode people ascribe to. People do things others would consider masculine and feminine that doesn't mean it makes them a cross between a female and a male. It means they their own tastes. Gender studies is just a pointless self propagating field. It's the worst waste of time and effort that could go into actually tackling problems and issues instead of instigating one.
>>
>>48805353

But these people exist. You not agreeing with or liking them doesn't make them any less of a social phenomenon in the world you inhabit, and the whole affair is just as valid a field of study as any other that focuses on human trends. It's like saying theology or comparative mythology are useless just because they deal with stories and unscientific beliefs.

We're in the midst of a social renaissance in the West focused on redefining identity, and writing off a unique expansion of how people express themselves as being wasteful is flat-out ignorant.
>>
>>48805283
>I think you're not really in any sort of position to make that kind of judgement,

That's fine.

>I doubt that, and the person who "taste tested" the video for me died of poison, so...

They were triggered to death? My heart goes out to that poor, vulnerable soul and their noble sacrifice in protecting you from hearing stuff you don't want to. But, you know, those who tune out all other voices make themselves a prisoner of their own action, because they deny themselves the right to hear something.

>maybe you should read the book

I was going to actually say "fair enough" to that particular note that I hadn't read the Promethean 2e book in particular, but I think I ran out of text space. I did hear that there were readability problems throughout the book (granted, isn't it in pre-release?), but that's obviously no actual indication of quality and in that regard my opinion does not mean shit.

But "lol" was more directed at the idea that "2e is better." 2e and ChroD has never been strictly better in my estimation. It's sometimes better, sometimes worse, sometimes just different. It's not really been an improvement.
>>
>>48805328

You got the wrong guy, bud. You should've responded to the anon above me.
>>
>>48805277
It was pretty progressive to acknowledge that people with vaginas play games. I mean, you have to keep in mind that even ten (five?) years ago you had people thinking "no girls on the internet" or "girls don't play video games". And that's much stronger in the RPG world, where even Gygax was saying things like "girls just don't play" because he couldn't fathom why they might be turned off by chainmail bikinis or other sexist tropes.

Not to mention all the shit like guys being creepy or even raping characters played by girls (and sometimes even just girl characters) https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/2zrixg/serious_girls_of_rrpg_how_many_of_you_have_had/

>>48805300
It's big enough. Also, don't remind me how much of a grognard Dracula is.

>>48805328
I think that when the setting is dripping with anti-conservitism (seriously, corporations are literally evil), yes, I think they're not going to be interested.

>>48805353
>I just don't buy genderfluid as the mode people ascribe to
You don't need to "buy it" for it to exist. Whether you believe in gravity doesn't mean it's not keeping you pulled towards the earth at 9.8 m/s.

>Gender studies is just a pointless self propagating field. It's the worst waste of time and effort that could go into actually tackling problems and issues instead of instigating one.
So says you. What should we all do, then, become Engineers? Oh, wait, it turns out more women are graduating from those schools only to not get hired.
>>
>>48805417
>They were triggered to death?
Actually, she said it was too stupid to get more than two minutes in.
> But, you know, those who tune out all other voices make themselves a prisoner of their own action, because they deny themselves the right to hear something.
Weren't you refusing to read Promethean 2e because it uses the dreaded non-standard pronoun? I tune out voices where I've repeatedly heard what they have to say and find it unconvincing, asinine, untrue, and often antagonistic. When someone links me a video telling me some transwoman is so great because she hates the acceptance of nonbinary gender, I'm not going to bother watching it. I already have Youtube try to recommend me anti-progressive garbage as it is. At least when it was Spirit Science, it was *interesting*; Shit like more Amazing Atheist or Sargon or more women benefiting from feminism while telling the camera that it's the source of all evil in the world is just dumb with no redeeming qualities.

Also, 2e has been a massive improvement as far as I'm concerned. I was honestly worried about whether I'd end up the equivalent of a 3.5 loving grognard, but I honestly love the change.
>>
>>48805451
you actually believe people actually thought girls don't play video games/rpg/internet

these were just memes with no bearing in reality
>>
>>48805353
>It means they their own tastes
If you're going to boil it down to something so simple, why do you even care about it in the first place?
I know a genderfluid person, she's a girl I went to highschool with and a pretty good RP'er. She doesn't heckle us to use different pronouns, she's perfectly aware that she's a biological female. She just says that sometimes she wakes up and feels like a male. Not "masculine", she feels /male/.

And you know what? That's fine. Who fucking cares?
>>
All my characters are trans feminists

Cis people deserve to die
>>
>>48805283
>they'll have less

They are right, in a way. This is how I understand 'Alt-right' kids.

If what you want in a girl is a house wife that will never want to work, and always be ready to give you blowjobs when you walk through the door from your 9-5, a world where your possible 'soulmate' may realize she is a free love bisexual into wearing brit flags and DJing parties means that you never find a woman right for you.

Oppressing others actually helps them have a comfortable world, because it widens the ocean of fish they want to dive into.

Now that is wild and kind of cruel in a way, but at the same time it is such a macro-level social play that calling it cruel is sort of difficult. All you've done is change the culture, you never directly oppressed the woman you hope to one day love. You are just maximizing the number of women out there willing to go to sockhops and give you daily blowjobs.
>>
no corporations are not soley a conservative thing. Conservatism actually despise big business and government
>>
>>48805188
>That image
It's a page from Swamp Thing, the second or third arc of it that had John Constantine in it
The woman is turning into a werewolf

It's entirely because her house is built on the grounds of a hut that Native American women used to be forced to sit in during their time of the month, and all that pent-up rage(added together with her anger at the way she's been treated lately) causes her to suddenly become a werewolf.

That might not be entirely correct, but it isn't really explained any better in the comic, iirc.
The general idea with most of the shit going on around that point in Swamp Thing was "the world is fucked, and weird things are happening all over the place"
>>
Being a monster was the primary draw of WoD not ascribing to whatever ideology the writers were espousing.
>>
>>48805451
>he couldn't fathom why they might be turned off by chainmail bikinis or other sexist tropes.
>not wanting to play a super sexy sorceress in a fantasy setting who wears whatever she wants and no one dares give her shit for fear of getting save-or-sucked

If other girls are that unwilling to have fun, I can see why he'd think they didn't want to play.
>>
>>48805451
>"no girls on the internet" or "girls don't play video games"

Those were what we colloquially refer to as "memes," my friend.

>dripping with anti-conservitism (seriously, corporations are literally evil)

The sad part is the liberal politicians are just as enormous sell-outs as the conservative ones in the modern day.
>>
>>48805576
>The sad part is the liberal politicians are just as enormous sell-outs as the conservative ones in the modern day.

Yeah. It's almost as if politics is a complex multifaceted issue that people try to summarise into a conveniently simple left/right scale.

Also, people are greedy and bribes work.
>>
>>48805493
>>48805576
You actually believe I was being 100% literal as opposed to referencing the memes?
But, yes, people did tend to believe that there were far less women doing those things than there actually were, and now there are far more women doing those things now than there were doing them then and people still think there aren't that many.
I mean, the "fake gamer girl" stereotype still persists today.

>>48805495
But anon, when other people do things you don't like [even when it doesn't effect you or even happen around you] that's terrible and must be stopped!

>>48805501
Yeah. I mean, I was going to acknowledge that, but then I realized "fuck them, they shouldn't have what they've got in the first place."

I mean, yes. Feminism and progressivism and so on WILL mean you have less rights. But the right to trample on the liberty and wellbeing of others is not a right you should be exercising in the first place.

Also, did you just make a reference to whatserface from the Pygmalion Society Legacy?

>>48805560
Time and place.

>>48805576
>The sad part is the liberal politicians are just as enormous sell-outs as the conservative ones in the modern day.
That's because America's political spectrum tends to have a "moderate" centered far too much to the right, with even "left wing" politicians being corporatist.
This isn't as true elsewhere.
>>
>>48805641
don't be ignorant there are such thing as fake gamer girls. Women using their sexuality to manipulate or worm their way in Male groups has been happening throughout time.
>>
>>48805451
>So says you. What should we all do, then, become Engineers? Oh, wait, it turns out more women are graduating from those schools only to not get hired.
That's what happens when you go for a useless and non-practical degree.
>>
>>48805641
>Pygmalion society
Yeah. I'm the anon who was reading Fallen World Chronicles Anthology earlier in the thread, so she is still fresh in my mind.
>>
Can you imagine how much better the world would be if all the white cis scum died?
>>
>>48805676
Lets be honest, fake gamers in general exist thanks to hipsters and other shit being brought into popular light.
>>
>>48805696
yeah, but since I'm a straight white cis-male, I have a vested interest in keeping us around and keeping the world shitty as a result
>>
>>48805722
Really I just thought you were a straight white woman speaking for the little man because obviously internalized -ism makes it impossible for them to speak out. Even when they don't ascribe to your model.
>>
>>48805696
>Can you imagine how much better the world would be if all the white cis scum died?

Finland would be depopulated, if nothing else.
>>
>>48805676
>>48805713
Why would anyone want to do that? That's a thing where I can believe it happens due to the vast amount of people in the world, but it is 100% definitely not a thing that happens anywhere near as much as people think. And even if it does, so what? What is this nerd culture obsession with people "faking it"? Why do you think that people would pretend to be interested in something just to... what, weasel into your hobbies? More often than not, someone "faking it" is someone who actually does enjoy these things but isn't into them nearly as much as the people decrying their "fakery" feel counts as "authentic".

>>48805682
I literally just said that more women graduate from Engineering programs, but less women are hired as engineers. Maybe you didn't get enough of your English credits.

>>48805684
What'd you think of the story where no one likes her enough to cure her cancer? Also, what happens in that one anyway?

>>48805737
I can't even begin to parse that post.
>>
>>48805757
I'm only like three stories in, so if that story is in this collection, I haven't hit it yet.

So far she had a lesbian fling, and then got so pissy when it went wrong that she tried to hang herself. Really digging deep into the mage experience.
>>
>>48805779
I think it's in that collection. All I know is that no one with Life 3 likes her and she feels guilty for manipulating a mosh pit into killing some shady guy.
>>
>>48805757
wow you really are naïve if you don't think some people put out a fake persona to get what they want
>>
>>48805779
>So far she had a lesbian fling, and then got so pissy when it went wrong that she tried to hang herself
What a fucking waste of Supernal majesty
>>
>>48805802
Yeah, the shady guy part is in the first story in the collection. She is DJing a party, sees a guy in the crowd, and then gets the pit to kill him.

All I learned from it is that her parents don't like her, and her nimbus has electricity go across her bald head.

The story just... wasn't very good.
>>
>>48805805
That's not really what I said. Most of the cases of "fake gamer girls" I've seen are people who weren't asking for anything at all, at best wanted nothing more than attention (how terrible!), and tended to get harassed far more than any supposed benefits. It's possible--just possible, of course!--that these people aren't faking it.

I mean, for fucks sake, people call Felicia Day a fake nerd girl. She literally runs a company dedicated to increasing the presence and popularity of tabletop gaming.
>>
>>48805501
>They are right, in a way.

Not really. It is a misapprehension that this is zero-sum game, the result of a psychological pitfall. It's hard to imagine that when you're eating a pizza and some pieces have a topping you find horrible, things will end up with you having about the same amount of pizza as you'd have had in the first place, but that's statistically how things are tending to go right now.

>>48805641
>I mean, the "fake gamer girl" stereotype still persists today.

Stereotypes exist because group generalizations are based on reality. The reason the "fake gamer girl" stereotype persists is because there are, in fact, women who act that way. The perniciousness of stereotypes is less that people are more likely to keep in mind that a person may fit a stereotype and more that they refuse to recognize that the stereotype is not in fact absolute.

>Feminism and progressivism and so on WILL mean you have less rights

You almost sound like you want this to happen. Creepy.

>>48805757

You are telegraphing your ideology pretty hard right now.
>>
>>48805861
>I mean, for fucks sake, people call Felicia Day a fake nerd girl. She literally runs a company dedicated to increasing the presence and popularity of tabletop gaming.

So? She herself isn't a gamer, she's just using them for financial benefit.
>>
>>48805891
This. Her company is basically Minstrel's Blackface Inc.
>>
I bet the other generals don't have to deal with this fag shit.
>>
I miss the freckled red head Obrimos and the Dashing Manhunk Mastigos
>>
>>48805902
If you didn't want to be in a gay general, why did you come to world of gayness general? Seriously, I'm a straight male, and I know exactly what I was walking into. Get it together anon.
>>
>>48805913
I'm gay but this is pretty shit desu. I'd rather just talk about game mechanics and shit than this bullshit.
>>
>>48805927
No, other gay people forced their shit into every aspect of life, so now you will deal with it along with the rest of us.
>>
>>48805484
>Actually, she said she was too stupid to get more than two minutes in.

ftfy

>Weren't you refusing to read Promethean 2e because it uses the dreaded non-standard pronoun?

I'm gonna read it. I'm just not gonna buy it.

>women benefiting from feminism

You are cancer and I truly pity you.
>>
>>48805895
that is some White People Shit you just said right there
>>
>>48805913
Clearly, you should be making it into the World of Dankness General, then.

So: a party composed of Attack Helicopter the Promethean, Shrek the Ogre Changeling, Aztec God of Fitness the Vampire, Navy Seal the Hunter, and other similar memes.

How real would shit be getting?
>>
>>48805869
>You are telegraphing your ideology pretty hard right now.
You imply I'm intending otherwise.
> It's hard to imagine that when you're eating a pizza and some pieces have a topping you find horrible, things will end up with you having about the same amount of pizza as you'd have had in the first place, but that's statistically how things are tending to go right now.
Except in this case the "toppings you find horrible" are the ones that make other people's lives less shit.

>You almost sound like you want this to happen. Creepy.
Yes, I want to take away your right to abuse other people. How terrible. Also, most stereotypes are based on bullshit. They exist because people don't want to think of other people as people.

>>48805895
>>48805891
>this fucking argument

>>48805934
>ftfy
hurr
Also, no one in these threads buys things anyway.
>being antifeminist
How brave
>>
>>48805936

You forgot queers and feminism. Those are memes we need in everything.
>>
>>48805927
We can only argue about vague mage 2e rules for so long.

Every other line is pretty clear.

Unless we want to argue if certain demon powers work on certain creeps again.

Can I use that power that makes someone inevitably die in the next few days on a supernatural? Do they even get a clash of wills on that? If they fail it, is there anything they can do or is it wod version of save or die?
>>
>>48805948
Don't be silly. Faggotry is the opposite of Dank, anon. ;)
>>
>>48805955
I'd let them survive if they could figure something out, but the power keeps trying to kill them, so it becomes Final Destination: WOD edition.
>>
I just hope Scion is appropriately queer
>>
>>48805944

This is the worst post and proves you are just an ignorant teenager who probably shouldn't be on this sight.

>Except in this case the "toppings you find horrible" are the ones that make other people's lives less shit.

More in the sense that "you can't eat this" than "these terrible toppings equate to terrible things in reality."

>Yes, I want to take away your right to abuse other people.

You really just sound like you're the sort of person who wants to take away the rights of people who aren't like you in general because you think yourself a victim with a moral high-ground of some sort. That's how you come off.

>Also, most stereotypes are based on bullshit.

The Irish drink obscene amounts of alcohol.
Russians drink obscene amounts of vodka.
Black Americans are disproportionately represented in the National Basketball Association, the National Football League, and in Olympic competition.
Asian Americans excel academically.
The Islamic world, once a center of scientific learning, is currently resistant to modernity.
Canadians really do say "sorry" more than people of other nationalities.
Jewish people in the United States do have a disproportionate amount of money.

One is justified in deriding bigots who pretend to believe that a stereotype applies to every individual in the group about which the generalization is made, but it must be a fear of being labeled politically incorrect to deny that stereotypes are generally valid, because they are for the most part factual. On the other hand, there are some stereotypical suppositions that are completely and entirely incorrect (generally those we are hardwired psychologically to believe) or are statistically insignificant, so you have to keep on your toes.
>>
>>48806072
Anon, this pizza analogy is stupid. We're talking about the fact that people are resistant to social progress because they enjoy being bigoted and hateful. Putting it in terms of "taking away rights" is childish strawmanning.
>>
So I'm new to WoD and joined a mixed group, but we're tangled up in conspiracies way over our abilities. We need help, and Hunters seem the best option, but our only interaction so far has been a hyperparanoid Unabomber type.

Any suggestions on how to contact and work out deals with Hunters on the compact or conspiracy level that won't end in our fiery deaths?
>>
>>48806102
You're probably better off finding fallen hunters who are now working for monsters. Hunters will eventually betray you, it is in their nature, they are inherently paranoid and antagonistic.

But, it you must... Compacts could be employed by tricking them. If they think you are poor humans in need of help.

Conspiracies you may be able to trade information or fellow creeps to get them to help.
>>
>>48806084
>Anon, this pizza analogy is stupid.

It's about the alt-right people, though. Their proposed motivation that when people are allowed to do what they want in this case, their "pool" of potential partners becomes smaller may seem technically right, but is statistically erroneous.

The taking away rights thing is just because that other anon comes off as a creep in general.
>>
>>48806102
Are you the idiot who's Werewolf/Changeling group couldn't defeat a group of Hunters?
>>
>>48806134
Yeah, but statistics mean nothing when feels are involved.

If you allow people you don't want to bang to prosper, every moment you aren't prospering could possibly be because you didn't try to mold society to want you want to bang. How would you know better?
>>
>>48806134
Which anon? I'm the one he called creepy, because apparently the right to harass, insult, demean, and in some cases assault people is apparently sacrosanct, and we shouldn't work to keep harassment and abuse down.

>>48806160
The problem is that most people posting on r/mensrights or the MGTOW site aren't getting banged in the first place :V
>>
>>48806170
Exactly! Because there are women who get to do what they want! They aren't banging nice guys like them! Curse them and their 'having options'
>>
>>48806196
Surely writing a manifesto about how terrible women are (and shooting people) will solve this.

Also, seriously, I once went to the Men Going Their Own Way site.
It was honestly gross. I listened in on a podcast or something that might have been Rush Limbaugh ranting about women and how marriage--the system by which a woman was historically purchased from her father with a dowry--was created to trap men.
>>
>>48806215
MGTOW is bad but Men's Rights is a real issue.
>>
>>48806123
We're more than willing to hand over some actual monsters if it means we can get some Mortal backup. The problem is, how the hell do we make contact in the first place? We know about Network Zero, but they've been incredibly skittish.

>>48806147
No, we're a mixed group of homebrew monsters, but we are idiots.
>>
>>48806223
Yes, in the same way that racism against white people is a real issue.

It happens, plenty, and is terrible when it does. But it is a symptom of the same problem, and somehow those who talk about it most try to make the world worse for everyone to 'help'.
>>
>>48806160

Because the ones that believe that are dumb, basically.

>>48806170
>I'm the one he called creepy, because apparently the right to harass, insult, demean, and in some cases assault people is apparently sacrosanct

Not those things, but you specifically.

>Feminism and progressivism and so on WILL mean you have less rights.

The way you put this and frankly a lot of things you say are worded in an innately hostile fashion that show you have a chip on your shoulder, but try to pretentiously cover it up.

But hey, internet psychology, right?

>>48806196

I have a girlfriend and think people should generally be at liberty to do as they please. You guys are really not reading what I'm writing.
>>
>>48806246
Go onto home defense forums or /k/ and post about niggers sneaking into your house despite having all sorts of protection; mention some keywords like "walk through walls" and The Union will get in touch with you
>>
>>48806223
Which is a big problem.
I hate whenever I get all feministy and then people go "well I bet you think [strawman]!"
And then I'm like "uh, no, I also think that men shouldn't be beaten or raped, and I acknowledge that it happens and think it's shitty how they're laughed at, but at the same time statistically it's not as big an issue and not relevant to this conversation other than you pulling it out as if you're gonna GOTCHA prove me as the crazy SJW boogeyman you think I am".

I remember when I thought men's rights was just dads dressing up like Spider-Man to raise awareness of custody issues, and not misogynist InCels complaining about feminism.

>>48806250
>it is a symptom of the same problem
Oh my God I hate people not realizing this. One of the reasons feminism is good for men is because most of the sexism men face is because "feminine" traits are devalued and derided. A man being "sensitive" is harassed. God forbid a man experience some trauma that's "feminine", like being raped or abused. And yet the people who hate on feminism the most are also the ones so quick to defend their masculinity and worry when other men threaten their masculinity, throwing around "cuck" and "faggot" to deflect their own insecurities.

Hell, even the misogynist InCels need feminism, because more often than not they're worried about how they feel other people are judging them based on their sexuality and/or sexual conquests.

Uuuuugh. Fuck. Now I'm depressed and pissy. Let's talk about Promethean instead. It seems to be all the rage right now, but I'm thinking of starting a one on one game. I may actually run two or three one on one games, and have them overlap, but that might be a more daunting undertaking than I'm able to handle in my only just barely recovering "I'm probably going to be too depressed to do anything but shitpost in another few days" mood.
I wish I could find the motivation to game.
>>
>>48806279
>The way you put this and frankly a lot of things you say are worded in an innately hostile fashion that show you have a chip on your shoulder, but try to pretentiously cover it up.
Anon are you just too dumb to follow the flow of conversation or what?

>>48806282
That's shitty, but I still laughed
>>
>>48806282
Our GM is a /k/ommando, so he might actually appreciate that
>>
>>48806291

Do you have Promethean character concepts? I need to make Angel's Pilgrimage sheet.
>>
>>48806291
Is prom 2e still mostly good for one on one games? Did they make efforts to correct that?
>>
File: andrea dworkin.jpg (17KB, 474x327px) Image search: [Google]
andrea dworkin.jpg
17KB, 474x327px
>>48806291
>One of the reasons feminism is good for men

Nnnope.

Become an egalitarian instead then maybe I'll believe you. Oh wait, you probably hate people telling you that too. Because you want to focus on women's issues and do it in a way that appeals to you as a woman and giving women all of these advantages will somehow magically make things better for men.

No. You are deluded if you believe that.
>>
>>48806342
You can call it whatever you want. Egalitarianism will still function like feminism, because the system is still not equal.
>>
>>48806316

2e overall is a lot less punishing and thus more playable.
>>
>>48806342
Anon, feminism and egalitarianism aren't mutually exclusive. Saying "be egalitarian instead" is like going ALL Lives Matter.
I also literally in that very *sentence* pointed out why focusing on women's issues is beneficial to creating a situation better for men. The reverse is not true. There aren't situations where focusing on men's issues will make the world better for women simply because the masculine is rarely degraded or seen as lesser. The closest men's issue that would make the world better for women is the addressing of toxic masculinity (i.e. that things like partying hard, mistreating others, violence, aggression, and general "bro" behavior are seen as masculine and therefore at least among some groups idolized), but that's because we'd *all* live in a better society if there was no toxic masculinity.

Meanwhile a lack of misogynist social structures would mean men are harassed less and given custody more (because "she's a woman, that means she knows best" would not be a thing).
>>
Can you all just fuck the hell off with your shitty ideologies and leave this thread for actual WoD/CofD discussion?
>>
>>48806354

Egalitarians don't believe in an asinine concept like the patriarchy to the depressing extent feminists do. In fact, I've never met an egalitarian who did because the widespread belief in shit like the patriarchy and rape culture and the constant revelation that the newest rape trial media circus turned out to be false (yet again) is why they stopped being feminists, an outdated and toxic ideology.
>>
File: Dk6gTz6.gif (721KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
Dk6gTz6.gif
721KB, 245x245px
>>48806390
>>
>>48806396
SUMMED UP THIS ENTIRE THREAD
>>
File: Bernkastel.png (156KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
Bernkastel.png
156KB, 500x431px
Stat the Witch of Miracles.
>>
>>48806425
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>48806315
I do not. Well. Except Lace. Although since I do most of my RPing (rare occasion that I do) on F-list, I want to make a hermaphrodite character who uses zie pronouns just to irritate people.

>>48806316
>>48806367
The main problem with running a group Promethean game seems to me less about the Disquiet or Wasteland (which a throng would always alleviate) and more to do with the fact that the journey is often personal and there are a lot of Milestones where it would be very awkward or even impossible for you to have throngmates sitting off to the side or participating in.

Like, if your Milestone is "have passionate and intimate sex"...
It's a forced example, but still; sometimes you don't want your friends hovering around, but the old adage of not splitting the party is always something people should try to adhere to. There are going to be a lot of side-sessions or scenes where other players are sitting out.

But I'm playing online over chat programs instead of at a table, so that's much easier. Just PM someone, or shoot them chat messages throughout the day between sessions.

>>48806393
[bait image macro]
(You)
>>
>>48806433
That doesn't look like a CofD stat block to me.
>>
So my Galateid, Angel, had a mortal create her as an attempt to revive their male lover; her Pilgrimage is largely about understanding love, coming to terms with her body's past, and building her own identity. I'm thinking she starts on Aurum before growing cynical enough to hit Cobalus, but what other Refinements should she do? I'm toying with Cuprum (fuck human beings, I'm gonna stay away) and Aes (trying to fix myself has been a painful disaster, I'll help others instead).
>>
>>48806442
What pronouns do they use?
>>
>>48806442
>Angel
>Trans
Does she kill an akita with her street drumming?
>>
>>48806451
Considering 'her' was used a bunch in that little description there...
>>
>>48806451

Angels is a trans woman. Her creator was trying to revive their dead male lover and took poorly to a stranger wearing their boyfriend's face insisting on being treated as a girl.
>>
>>48806519
Perfectly normal response.
>>
>>48806519

Great character 10/10 should be in the ready made pcs and all the others
>>
File: aa9.gif (2MB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
aa9.gif
2MB, 550x309px
>>48806378
>Saying "be egalitarian instead" is like going ALL Lives Matter.

BLM's credibility is similarly undermined by its violence anyway, so this is a bad example.

>There aren't situations where focusing on men's issues will make the world better for women simply because the masculine is rarely degraded or seen as lesser.

Are you kidding me?

Obligatory:
Men are 97% of combat fatalities.
Men make up 93% of work fatalities.
Men make up 81% of all war deaths. (cut to Hillary saying "women have always been the primary victims of war.")
Men lose custody in 84% of divorces. (granted they are more likely to give it up willingly)
80% of all suicides are men.
77% of homicide victims are men.
89% of men will be the victim of at least one violent crime.
Men are over twice as victimized by strangers as women.
Men are 165% more likely to be convicted than women.
Men get 63% longer sentences than women for the same crime.
Court bias against men is at least 6 times bigger than racial bias.
Males are discriminated against in school and universities.
Boys face vastly more corporal punishment than girls.
60-80% of the homeless are men.
Women's cancers receive 15 times more funding than men's.
At least 10% of fathers are victims of paternity fraud.

Feminism wants women to be equal in all sorts of ways... but how about in sanitation jobs? How about women have to go down into the sewers and remove rats from blocked pipes. How about they go to war and die more often? They also don't want to lose the privileges of being a woman and refuse to acknowledge the often covert nature of feminine power.

The idea that by focusing on women's issues that all issues for men will get solved is so dangerously naive that is makes me sick that anyone can believe it while retaining their feeling of moral superiority.

>>48806390

This is cofd now. pic related
>>
>>48806547
>pic related
You are the only one who can stop this. It is your choice to keep posting about this.

The Shitposting Ends With You.
>>
>>48806531

Oh, absolutely; I wanted to show that a cruel, damaging creator can still be a perfectly fine person, and to explore the "this meat used to be another human being" aspect of Promethean that usually gets ignored.
>>
>>48806572

You welcomed shitposters into your life by liking books with nonstandard pronouns in them!

AND NEITHER SIDE WILL EVER LET YOU ESCAPE.
>>
File: All 7s Karaoke Club.png (232KB, 1052x588px) Image search: [Google]
All 7s Karaoke Club.png
232KB, 1052x588px
>>48806547
Anon, I feel like you've dramatically missed the point and that there's no reason to bother explaining it to you. Suffice to say, your understanding of the issues is flawed, and you apparently haven't the slightest clue what the people you're complaining about actually want.
Suffice it to say, anything I did to explain it to you would probably get ignored.

>>48806584
Lace was a circa-2007 Justin Beiber expy. Though that never got elaborated on in-game.

Oh. I do have a Promethean concept: Nana Natsu. But I'm thinking I might make her as an Unfleshed, since Extempore are kind of shitty and have a lot of drawbacks related to the Azothic Memory.
>>
Fuck you to whoever decided to start a conversation about Promethean by blogging about your girlfriend.

Look what you've done.
>>
>>48806354
You're right. It's not equal. Women are on top.
>>
>>48806604
>Anon, I feel like you've dramatically missed the point and that there's no reason to bother explaining it to you. Suffice to say, your understanding of the issues is flawed, and you apparently haven't the slightest clue what the people you're complaining about actually want.

People are psychologically vulnerable to narratives of female weakness and oppression even in a movement which claims that women are strong. There is a collective feeling that women are especially deserving of society's protection, provisioning, and support while men are less deserving or not deserving of it at all. Our greater ability to perceive a man as a potential threat than a woman (facilitated by the greater neoteny of females), creates a default where women are seen as harmless, benign, and deserving of care and concern and men are considered none of these things.

You said "one of the reasons feminism is good for men is because most of the sexism men face is because "feminine" traits are devalued and derided," but that could not be further from the truth. Femininity is highly valued and protected. Masculinity is considered expendable.

>God forbid a man experience some trauma that's "feminine", like being raped or abused.

Let us consider the case of Earl Silverman. After putting up with abuse for decades, he wanted to help men in similar positions so he opened Canada's first men's shelter. Feminists bashed the damn thing until he couldn't get funding. Some try to argue that feminists didn't shut it down; he just lost funding. Of course, it's charity so it's based on getting funding, and you try to get funding for something while there's a massive feminist backlash. He committed suicide after his shelter was shut down.

Because feminism is considered correct about everything out of turn because women are obviously still weak and oppressed even today, huh?

So tell me again how feminism is helping men.
>>
>>48800572
Oh, oh god. I remember that.
>>48800449
Is there anything Abyss related that isn't good?

Except for Human Heart. I tried to put it on a scale, but had to remove it and now we're looking awkwardly at each other.
>>
>>48806654

TABLETOP GAMES
>>
>>48806651
>>48806654
[bait macro]
(You)
>>
>>48806691
>2016
>seriously believing in feminism

Also, I'm a different anon to >>48806654. He's trying to make serious arguments. I'm just mocking you for believing in progressivism in the Year of the Fire Monkey.
>>
>>48806654
>So tell me again how feminism is helping men.
Well for one thing they changed the definition of rape so that the victim doesn't have to be female.
Also, all these things that you'll no doubt dismiss.
https://mic.com/articles/88277/23-ways-feminism-has-made-the-world-a-better-place-for-men

>>48806713
>Not believing in feminism
>In the year of the flaming Wukong
>>
God fucking dammit, I come back to the thread to find it in shambles and SOMEHOW I can guess that Aspel is at the heart of this stupid fucking argument.
>>
>>48804648
He's a he. I understand where you're coming from, but I wouldn't call him an idiot. Not that he isn't, but he's pretty damn smart at the same time. He's weird like that.
>>
>>48804648
Don't you mean, ze's a she?
>>
>>48806691

I definitely don't think women are on top. There is clearly factors of give and take at play. But feminists will never acknowledge that women have profound advantages and strive to be "more equal," which always means providing for women. It's in the name, for chrissakes. When title nine called it a crisis that women were 17% behind in education, feminists got everyone riled up about women's education. You don't see that drive now that men are 25% behind, do you?

>>48806723

Hey! I can do that too!
http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/23-more-ways-feminism-has-made-the-world-a-better-place-for-men/
http://grumpypurplesloth.blogspot.com/2015/05/23-ways-feminism-has-made-world-better.html

That article has quite a few kernels of truth that I can't deny out of turn, but those kernels are in a pile of bullshit, from Princess Diana the fairytale feminist to
>men's happiness went up
>women's happiness went down (because work in the home didn't decrease waahhh!)

No. This isn't even because of feminism, but everyone's happiness is going down. Suicide is at an all time high. A Gallup poll found that about 77% of Americans hate their jobs. 15% of the population of most developed countries suffers severe depression.

So yeah.
>>
>>48804671
Yeah! Go own your life, girl!
>>
>>48805154
A meth lab has no chance of replicating what a well funded super-science lab did. Yet, you can still give them something. If they buy some extra reagents and equipment they should determine what the ordinary substances are, and isolate concentrated "weird". They can mix it with other stuff to produce some unique horrid stuff. Think body horror and unstable effects.
>>
File: 1442575031852.png (17KB, 120x91px) Image search: [Google]
1442575031852.png
17KB, 120x91px
>>48806691
>[bait macro]
What is this shit? Is posting an image too hard for you? Dumb sjw poster.
>>
>>48805154
cont.
They should be able to tell if it's purely synthetic, or of plant, animal or mineral-derived origin.
>>
>>48806897
[master ruseman meme]
(You)
>>
>>48806723

That article sure is a lot of taking credit for shit feminism didn't actually contribute to in any meaningful way.
>>
>>48804985
tzmeshe
>>
>>48804449
>Oh for fuck's sake. It's a single bloody character who uses them.
You keep saying it although it's not true. What about Phosphorus refinement?

>>48805139
Be glad we are not on onyxpath forums, they ban people for jokes like these.

>>48805495
>She just says that sometimes she wakes up and feels like a male. Not "masculine", she feels /male/.
I call BS. How could she know how being /male/ feel?

>>48805696
>Can you imagine how much better the world would be if all the white cis scum died?
Can you imagine world where white cis scum have never even existed? No internet, no computers to get triggered on, no buses where someone oppressively manspreads. No factories and power plants contaminating air, all stuff you eat is 100 % "bio" and "organic" - absolute progressive paradise.

>>48806170
>The problem is that most people posting on r/mensrights or the MGTOW site aren't getting banged in the first place :V
The problem is the most feminist are ugly and fat... Literally same argument, anon.

>>48806723
>https://mic.com/articles/88277/23-ways-feminism-has-made-the-world-a-better-place-for-men
Lol, more than half is BS.
>>
Wow, the thread is being particularly whiny today. Be constructive and come up with something creative and game-related instead.
>>
One of the example settings for Promethean is Antartica.Seeing as Disquiet is not softer on players, I feel like it'd be possible and very fun to play a game where the players are stuck in a base for the whole night with the support crew.

Remember that nights last a few months
>>
>>48808096
Is *now soften on players
Shit I can't write in the morning
>>
>>48808026
I'm trying to build a Fate-based Mastigos Legacy, to be the Cowboy-yin to the Brotherhood of the Demon Wind's Ronin-yang.

But I'm having an incredibly hard time coming up with good low-rating Attainments that aren't complete and utter shit within the system as given.
>>
>>48808205
What's wrong with Quantum Flux (+1R for Instant) for making impossible shots?
>>
>>48808259
Its ableist.
>>
>>48808259
Well, primarily the main factor is that it's Duration primary which means those "impossible shots" are merely "slightly less likely than normal shots".

Meaning that the bonus will be at maximum +3, at Fate 4.
>>
>>48808274
How so?
>>
>>48808287
Ah, gotcha. I think this calls for some creative thaumaturgy.
>>
>>48808287
Alright. Have you noticed how Quantum Flux (Fate 1) and Perfect Timing (Time 1) are nearly the same spell? Go see the 11th Question Attainment. It modifies Perfect Timing to give them a constant bonus to a specific set of rolls. No ifs and buts. Do the same for Quantum Flux and gunslinging. You might need to decide whether to keep both penalty reduction and aiming, though.
>>
What are the biggest and best changes to prommie 2e.

Sell it to me wodg!
>>
>>48808529
Contrary to what some would say, Alchemists are pretty awesome. Mad scientists bent on cracking open a Promethean and drain it of their sweet, sweet Vitriol.

-Disquiet & wasteland is now easier to deal with.
-Roles are awesome.
-Players have input into their pilgrimage
-Transmutations are kick-ass

All in all, the game feels a lot more polished than before. First edition felt like a lot of good ideas rushed out the door. Second edition is a completed game.
>>
>>48808205
>>48808287
>>48808407
With Quantum Flux you could ignore up to -3 penalties to hit a target and get +3 to hit them as well by aiming; that's a pretty big drop. Frankly, I think augmenting shooting directly with dice bonuses is kind of gross, and a bit useless, considering how easy shooting already is.

Try Serendipity, 1 Reach for being able to use any skill, with a scene length ritual based on one of the cowboy Yantras (gambling?), additional factors to Potency. Interconnections is another good one, possibly with 1 mana optionally to use the +1 Reach effect and determine outside influences like mind control or possession.

I'd also say almost any of the Space ● spells are great for cowboys. Ground Eater for runnin' fast (or using on your horse) or to keep someone else from running. Same with Isolation.

Also, I'd suggest focusing on them using Aimed Spells a lot. Ideally, Aimed Spells shot out of a gun like a bullet.
>>
>The Pristine Order of the Auric Chalice is also one of the most socially backwards alchemical organizations in the world. The heart of their organization is a longing for the “good old days” of alchemy, when it was a secret art practiced only by those who could afford to pay its cost. The modern day, with its electronic communication, scanned grimoires, mass-produced glassware, and online chemical suppliers has ruined alchemy by making it accessible to anyone. Female alchemists aren’t explicitly banned in this organization, but they are rare. The same is true of non-white alchemists, or those with money but no family history of wealth.

Also, Emerald Crucible seem like Faithful of Shulpae.
>When they do catch Prometheans, alchemists of the Emerald Crucible dissect them and extract their humors with an almost religious degree of ritual. They understand that they are consuming something both more and less than human and view it as a sort of sacrament.

>Mages who are particularly interested in unraveling the nature of the world might turn to alchemy, but they rarely become black alchemists. The power behind their Awakenings is more reliable and less dangerous than hunting Prometheans for their humors. However, it isn’t too unusual to come across the occasional mage who knows how to make a few alchemical preparations in addition to her spells, even if she learned them out of idle curiosity rather than real need.
So do they have a Magnitude trait and gain Pyros, or just know how to make concoctions?
>>
>>48809426
It might just be a Legacy which is able to harness Pyros into concoctions. Or just a weird Mage merit. It'll be explained in the Crossover Chronicle (hopefully)
>>
>>48809471
More likely it's just a throwaway plot hook to make things feel interconnected and as if more than just Prometheans exist in the world.

New thread >>48809515
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.