[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 46

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Friendly reminder to tell us what 3pp your game allows if you need character building help.

Describe exactly how much of a qt3.14 your character is!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: http://imgur.com/a/r2TOH
http://imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread: >>48727552
>>
>>48736623
I guess it's better than the last one?

Also Legacy of Dragons: http://imgur.com/a/8gie2
>>
>>48736694
I'll show you a real legacy of dragons.
>>
File: 1470567346550.jpg (53KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
1470567346550.jpg
53KB, 600x593px
>>48736712
Woah there.
>>
File: 9872973456338044382.jpg (3MB, 3327x2997px) Image search: [Google]
9872973456338044382.jpg
3MB, 3327x2997px
>>48736712
>impying
>>
>>48736694
Not much of an improvement.
>>
>>48731856

Why are they riding bananas? Why is that giant rock so happy?
>>
>>48736315
3.5 rules are 'no two PRC at the same level' and 'no dual progression PRC (like mystic theurge) ever'.
>>
>>48736315

Daily reminder that a Cavalier 1/Psychic 19|Wizard 20 has full BAB!

Gestalt rules are really dumb.
>>
>>48737140
What? Are you retarded? You take the best from either side of the gestalt, not the best increase at each level. A Cavalier 1/Psychic 19||Wizard 20 would have +10, not +20 BAB.
>>
>>48737140
I think you have literal brain damage.
>>
>>48736712

This image was all the rage in early 2015.
>>
>>48737140
>>48737242
>>48737267

This is a debate as old as UA. The correct solution (and something that should be done in any case) is to use fractional BAB
>>
are there any magic items that can function/ would be able to be used as a fridge?
>>
>>48737294
>fractional BAB
And saves. And not only in gestalt. But apparently fractions are too hard.
>>
>>48737242
>>48737267
>>48737294
Fractional BAB isn't the default in gestalt, therefore a Cavalier 1/Psychic 19|Wizard 20 has full BAB.
>>
>>48736436
Only on the same levels. You can do this:

1) Fighter 1 // Wizard 1
2) Fighter 2 // Wizard 2
3) Rogue 1 // Fighter 3
4) Wizard 3 // Rogue 2
5) PrC 1 // Wizard 4

And the like
>>
Has anyone spent money on any of these coin companies to get loot coins to use as props/handouts? Any good alternatives for cheapskates?
>>
>>48737451
So couldn't you criss-cross wizard and psychic levels to get full BAB?
>>
>>48737369
No, you end up with BAB +10 on both sides. The cavalier does not grant its BAB to those psychic levels that followed
>>
>>48737536

1) Cavalier 1/Wizard 1: +1 BAB
2) Wizard 2/Psychic 1: +1 BAB
3) Psychic 2/Wizard 3: +1 BAB
4) Wizard 4/Psychic 3: +1 BAB

etc.
>>
>>48737536

At level 1, you are Cavalier 1/Wizard 1

Cavalier 1 gives +1 BAB, Wizard 1 gives +0 BAB, so you take the highest of the two and get +1 BAB

At level 2, you are Cavalier 1/Psychic 1/Wizard 2

Wizard 2 gives +1 BAB, Psychic 1 gives +0 BAB, so you take the highest of the two and get +1 BAB

At level 3, you are Cavalier 1/Psychic 2/Wizard 3

Wizard 3 gives +0 BAB, Psychic 2 gives +1 BAB, so you take the highest of the two and get +1 BAB
>>
>>48737534
RAW yes, maybe. However, UA pioneered the Fractional BAB rules and strongly implied you should be using them if you're doing gestalt.

Don't play gestalt without fractional bab, it gets dumb.

>>48737562
It'd be this:

>1) Cavalier 1 / Wizard 1 (BAB 1.0 and 0.5, highest is 1.0, BAB +1)
>2) Wizard 2 / Psychic 1 (BAB 0.5 and 0.5, adds 0.5, BAB +1 total)
>3) Psychic 2 / Wizard 3 (BAB 0.5 and 0.5, adds 0.5, BAB +2 total).
>>
>>48737562
>>48737567
See my earlier post >>48737242

You look at each side of the gestalt as a whole, not on a level-by-level basis. Cavalier 1/Psychic 19 has +10 BAB. Wizard has +10 BAB. So you take the best, which is +10. You get +1 over the Wizard at every odd level, and it evens back out the next, ending in +10 BAB for levels 19 and 20.
>>
>>48737634
But it's not a problem if you're criss-crossing like this >>48737562
>>
>>48737634

Only if you're using fractional BAB
>>
>>48737627
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/gestaltCharacters.htm

>strongly implied you should be using them if you're doing gestalt.

>ctrl+f "fractional"
>only talks about fractional CRs

Stop being a fucking liar.
>>
>>48737650
>>48737652
Okay, let me try phrasing this another way.

At level 20, a Cavalier 1/Psychic 19 has +10 BAB.

At level 20, a Wizard 20 has +10 BAB.

So, in gestalt, when you cross a Cavalier 1/Psychic 19 with a Wizard 20, you compare each side of the track, and take the best from either side. So, no, it doesn't matter if you are using fractional BAB or not. Either way, both sides still have +10 BAB, so the best of either side is +10.

You DO NOT take the best bonus increase at each level. You compare the sides as a whole, and take the best FROM THE WHOLE SIDE OF THE GESTALT TRACK.
>>
>>48737678
Again, not a problem if you're criss-crossing like this >>48737562
>>
>>48737688
Okay, so you're just trolling. It all makes sense now.
>>
File: 048.gif (19KB, 215x470px) Image search: [Google]
048.gif
19KB, 215x470px
>>48737661
Open your copy of UA and go to the rules for gestalt. The sidebar for Fractional BAB and saves is right in the middle of the gestalt rules, just after it talks about BAB and saves.

Stop being a fucking moron.
>>
>>48737678

Wizard gets +1 BAB at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, etc. This is one of its class features. If you are presuming that a wizard only gets 1/2 BAB per level, this is fractional BAB, another optional rule.
>>
>>48737688
Pretty sure most gms would just slap you with a book for being such a little shit and purposefully trying to bend the rules like that.
I know I would tell you to cut out the bullshit.
>>
hey all, relatively new to pf and wanting to do something completely different concept-wise to what I usually play. No 3pp.

So I want to make a lawyer. I'm looking at oracle with psychic searcher archetype, clouded vision, ancestor mystery. I'm hoping to not be completely useless in a fight, but at the same time I'd rather enable other players than be personally awesome, as my spotlight time should be mostly in town I think.

I imagine there are lots of different ways to arrive at the character I'm looking for, and I'm particularly attached to anything except race which I'd like to be human. Anybody able to give me some advice? Maybe I missed an archetype or build that would fit better - there are so many options, I'm a bit overwhelmed.
>>
>>48737729
I would say do investigator instead of Oracle if you want to be a Lawyer.
>>
>>48737729
Starting level?
>>
>>48737724
No. For, example, you had a Cavalier 10/Psychic 10||Wizard 20, you would have +15 BAB. Because a Cavalier 10/Psychic 10 has a BAB of +15, and the Wizard has a BAB of +10, so you take the better of the two sides.

In gestalt, you sum up each side before determining which to take. It has nothing to do with the wizard having 1/2 BAB per level, or +1 at every even level. Simply, when tallying which bonus you take from the Gestalt, you do not treat a gestalt as if it were one whole. It is two tracks which then add into a whole, taking the best from either side. Not the best from both mixed together.
>>
>>48737767
>>
>>48737769

Again, you're doing fractional BAB. That's an optional rule.
>>
>>48737769
Criss-cross your damn levels like >>48737562
>>
Ok, how' s this for an idea /pfg/?
You have a modular chassis which you can then fill with purchasable things.
So you'd buy the BAB, the saves and the class features.
>>
>>48737792
>>48737788
See >>48737713

I've explained multiple times that it has nothing to do with fractional BAB, you're just being obtuse and dense, deliberately or not. It doesn't matter if you criss-cross your levels, because you take the better from one side of the gestalt. Criss-crossing the other side does nothing to help your BAB, because you only take ONE SIDE of the gestalt for your BAB. The better side. You don't get both side of your gestalt to your BAB.
>>
>>48737794
Smarter men than us have tried. The idea of a point-buy 3.x is one of those holy grails of homebrew that sounds like a great idea but in fact is fractally awful and difficult.

It's a rite of passage, like Fighter Fixes.
>>
File: Theia speed by kureo95.jpg (142KB, 600x872px) Image search: [Google]
Theia speed by kureo95.jpg
142KB, 600x872px
>>48737818
Yeah, I'm the guy talking about fractional BAB here >>48737715 and even I'll say that they are right by RAW. If using non-fractional BAB, staggering levels like that will get you full BAB.

This is why they put the rules for fractonal BAB right in the middle of the gestalt rules.
>>
>>48737729
>>48737769

Consider a lawful neutral human cleric (Asmodean advocate).

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/asmodean-advocate-cleric-archetype
You should be able to use your Profession (barrister) bonus in place of any Bluff or Diplomacy check.

Variant channeling (rulership) is also critical to this build:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/variant-channeling

You want to invest in Wisdom 16+2 and Charisma 16.

Take these alternate racial traits:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/core-races/human
>Focused Study: All humans are skillful, but some, rather than being generalists, tend to specialize in a handful of skills. At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, such humans gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice as a bonus feat. This racial trait replaces the bonus feat trait.
>Heart of the Fields: Humans born in rural areas are used to hard labor. They gain a racial bonus equal to half their character level to any one Craft or Profession skill, and once per day they may ignore an effect that would cause them to become fatigued or exhausted. This racial trait replaces skilled.

Take this trait:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/bandit
>Benefit(s) Choose one Profession skill and one ability score other than Wisdom. You add that ability score's modifier in addition to your Wisdom modifier on checks with the chosen Profession skill.
Key it to Charisma.

Take the Mentored trait as well for another +1 Profession, and use a drawback to acquire the Sacred Conduit trait for +1 channel energy DC.

Your feats should be Skill Focus (Profession [barrister]), Prodigy (Profession [barrister] as one of the skills), and Selective Channeling.

Be sure to spend 200 gp on a cracked incandescent blue ioun stone keyed to Profession (barrister).
>>
>>48737858
I think RAW would be more clear if the gestalt rules actually spoke about multiclassing within the gestalt. For the most part, the rules seem to assume that you will take two, and only two, classes, and make barely a mention of taking a prestige class (only stopping to say "don't take two prestige classes at the same time".) in one small paragraph.

After reading closely, I have to back down and admit, that by RAW, it is taken level by level. Believing otherwise was my mistake. Doesn't stop it being retarded, in my opinion, though.
>>
>>48738022

Your Profession (barrister) bonus should be: 3 ranks + 4 Wisdom modifier + 3 Charisma modifier + 3 class skill + 1 racial + 1 trait + 3 Skill Focus + 2 Prodigy + 1 competence = +21. You can use this in place of Bluff and Diplomacy. Be sure to ask your GM if your viper familiar's +3 Bluff applies to this.

If your GM happens to be using the rules for background skills:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills
You can take 10 on a Profession (barrister) check to "ask a special favor from a judge (such as arresting someone)."

In combat, you are a hangover cleric:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?243016-Hangover-Cleric-Build-amp-Handbook-PF
You can channel negative energy, exempt your allies, and then proceed to daze every enemy who fails the saving throw.

In the future, follow the "hangover cleric" build guide above, and be sure to purchase a Circlet of Persuasion to improve your Profession (barrister) via the Bandit trait.
>>
>>48737828
Could you elaborate further?
>>
What immunities should the fighter get?
>>
>>48738022
>>48738046

If you are not attached to the Profession (barrister) skill itself, you could consider a human witch or a wizard with Focused Study, Intelligence 18+2, a parrot familiar, Skill Focus (Linguistics), and Orator:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/orator

Assuming you have a +1 Linguistics trait and a 150 gp cracked gold nodule ioun stone, you should have a Linguistics total of: 3 ranks + 5 Intelligence modifier + 3 class skill + 1 trait + 3 Skill Focus + 1 competence + 2 parrot familiar = +18. You should be able to use this in place of most of the social uses of Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate.

In combat, you are a witch or a wizard, so you should be perfectly fine debuffing enemies.

Unlike an Asmodean advocate, you will have no substitution for Diplomacy for gathering information, so you will have to rely on Perception and this spell:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/ears-of-the-city

Whether you are an Asmodean advocate, a witch, or a wizard, you should strongly consider employing this spell:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/tears-to-wine
It improves Intelligence- and Wisdom-based skill checks, so Profession (barrister) and Linguistics should both increase.
>>
Hexcrafter on the hexenhammer should really be usable at-will rather than once per day.
What the fuck were they smoking?
>>
>>48738022
>>48738046
oh wow, that is awesome Thank you so much.

This is perfect
>>
>>48737562
>>48738032

Except this is literally wrong.
Sure, it would work RAW when criss-crossing, but you can't criss-cross.
You treat both sides of the gestalt as separate, so the rule you're breaking is "you can’t combine two versions of the same class".
You're a Wizard 10/Psychic 10 on one side and a Wizard 10/Psychic 9/Cav 1 on the other, but you're not allowed to have the same class on both sides, so this is invalid. Both sides would have a (multiclassed) version of a wizard.
>>
>>48738348
>but you're not allowed to have the same class on both sides
[citation needed]
>>
>>48738373
(This is the main source I can find online and if it's different from the UA version just say so)

>To make a 1st-level gestalt character, choose two standard classes. (You can also choose any of the variant classes, though you can’t combine two versions of the same class.)

An unarchetyped wizard and an unarchetyped wizard are both versions of the same class. They identical, so this is necessarily true.
If you're going to have wizard levels on both sides of the gestalt, you are attempting to combine two versions of the same class.

I admit there's some tiny leeway here about this not necessarily applying to higher levels or it maybe being okay if you never take two identical levels at the same time, since "A gestalt character follows a similar procedure when he attains 2nd and subsequent levels." can be either prescriptive or descriptive in context, but that loophole is already far beyond what anyone would say is a reasonable reading of the gestalt rules.
>>
>>48738465
This doesn't stop you from criss-crossing levels at all.
>>
>>48738495
Why not?
>>
>>48738532
There's no restriction against alternating levels in your progression.
>>
>>48738540
The restriction is on taking a class on Side B that you already took on Side A.
>>
>>48738568
>To make a 1st-level gestalt character, choose two standard classes. (You can also choose any of the variant classes, though you can’t combine two versions of the same class.)

That's not what the gestalt rules say.
>>
>Linnorm Death Curse, Tor
>anything that knocks me down has to save or permanently suck
>save DC is CHA-based

So only Bloodragers should even bother, right?
>>
>>48738584
>So only Bloodragers should even bother, right?
wat
>>
>>48738581
It would have been nice if you'd said so when I'd asked the first time.

Do you have a link or reference to the set you're using?
>>
>>48738597
Primalist Bloodragers can take Rage Powers, and this is a Rage Power that has a CHA-based save DC.

Bloodragers are somewhat CHA-based, whereas it's a dump stat for normal Barbarians.
>>
>>48738606
>>
>>48738646
You're trolling right
Tell me you're trolling so I can laugh and go to bed
>>
>>48738695
Literally no restrictions against criss-crossing RAW.
>>
What do you guys think of the Unchained rules for poisons and diseases? Do you like them more than the normal rules?
>>
>>48738239
You can also get the legalistic curse, it's in the srd
>>
What's the final version of hand cannons? I think daevic was the last pdf released, and it has +1 untyped attack and damage per essence.
>>
Is it possible to play a character without having 15 different class levels or is this the norm?
>>
>>48739273
What
>>
>>48739273
Most characters are single-classed.
>>
>>48739285
>>48739291

I get that, but it seems all I see on here are people with characters with multiple classes, Do single class characters simply not work for this game?

I've never played pfg but the few times I've lurked it seemed like making a character was like some kind of fucked up math equation of different classes which seems silly to me. Do actual games actually require this sort of thing?
>>
>>48739310
/pfg/ is full of autists.
Most of the time, going single class is the optimal choice, and that's what happens in most games. But if you're autistic, multiclassing is more fun.
>>
>>48739310
Those would probably be builds from 3.5. PF builds tend to be 3 classes towards the absolute top (and those are usually bonus fishing) with 2-3 archeypes per class
>>
>>48739310
No, single classing in pathfinder is usually far easier and better in most cases. When you see convoluted messes of mukticlassing, it's usually because someone is trying to figure out how to force an otherwise mediocre build into something just as good as just a straight x. Like someone wanting to play a Dragon Disciple, instead of a straight bloodrager, for example.
>>
>>48739273
This is not 3.5, all classes have actual class features all the way to level 20. Quality of some of these features varies though.
>>48739310
>Do actual games actually require this sort of thing?
It depends. If players agreed on high-op combat, then yes, character creation requires some number crunching.
Have a look at archetypes, that's what mostly replaced multiclassing in PF. Most cases of multiclassing is to qualify for dual-progression prestige classes, an even then you'll have two base classes with 1-5 levels, and one prestige.
>>
>>48739273
>>48739310
This isn't 3.5. Most actual characters(not builds) are single classed and in fact, unless you know what you're doing, it's generally inadvisable to multiclass save for a few specific PrCs.
>>
>>48739310
Single class can work, and Paizo does love to fellate themselves with their ocean of (90% shit) archetypes, but it will ultimately depend on what you want to do.

For example, Magus gives you a decent gish build all prepackaged with a fancy ribbon. But if you want a gish that can use a better spell list and higher level spells, you'll want to multiclass.
>>
>>48739364
Is there a single decent 1pp gish prc in PF?
>>
Is it possible to use Hunting Zephyr maneuver against someone with cut from the air and combat reflexes?
>>
>>48737794
>>48737828
>>48738134
Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition.
>>
I just got an email from drivethrurpg telling me that Akashic Mysteries has been added to my account.
>>
>>48739353

Seems rather pointless to have 20 levels when you never hit the capstone. Then again I suppose if you scaled it down to 10 levels it'd be the same way but that seems to be a D&D-esque problem in general (or simply a problem inherent in class systems)
>>
File: 1449377778753.gif (582KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1449377778753.gif
582KB, 350x280px
>/his/ question incoming

Can someone give me the low-down on the Holy Roman Empire and how it functioned? All I can gather is there were Elector-Counts who would legislate in the Diet and appoint a new Kaiser once the old one died, and while there were permanent Elector-Counts (and in fact, kingdoms) getting into the Diet required a certain degree of prestige and power, which states would bicker over.

Then there were Magravates, which are essentially militarized counties found on the border of the Empire, particularly in the East. The Free Cities, or Imperial Cities, are non-voting city-states that answered only to the Kaiser.

Anything I'm missing? Things I'm getting wrong? Any cool tidbits of the HRE I should incorporate into my setting's equivalent? I'm especially looking for the make-up and structure of the HRE during the 30 Years War.
>>
>>48739448
PRCs generally have some sort of capstone at level 10. If your group plays past level 20 so you can use level 20 capstone, well you'll get it around level 30-35.
>>
>>48739435

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJOovInlk-w

Come all you young autist men
Listen to me
I'll sing you a song of the 'shit Mysteries

And its TRAP-FILLED VEIL LISTS, boys
NO PLAYTESTING, boys
When it uploads
We'll bantz together, boys

There's a race here with
Plus 4 Int and flight
Thick-headed Ssalarn, boys, publish he goes!
>>
File: Screenshot_20160811-094115.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160811-094115.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>48739239
>>
>>48739514
Thanks Forrest.
>>
Then someone with vulnerability and resistance x to energy takes damage, what should I apply first?
>>
>>48739579
Resistance then vulnerability. Resistance stops them from taking damage, while vulnerability only multiplies the damage they actually take.
>>
>>48739592
Thanks
>>
File: 1454747697227.png (379KB, 1874x1376px) Image search: [Google]
1454747697227.png
379KB, 1874x1376px
>>48739474
This isn't really anything about the political system of the HRE but it's a good screencap on the 30 Years War.
>>
>>48739504
Just get banned already.
>>
>>48739514
Ugh.
So it never did get fixed from the playtest version.

... all that math ignored...
>>
File: vizier5.png (113KB, 1122x561px) Image search: [Google]
vizier5.png
113KB, 1122x561px
>>48739724
Well it's not that bad. Or good. This particular calculation requires the target to be within 30ft.
>>
File: vizier2.png (68KB, 1108x441px) Image search: [Google]
vizier2.png
68KB, 1108x441px
>>48739783
This is one without chakra targeting. I THINK there might be some bugs in either, they are over a year old.
>>
>>48739783
My eyes glazed over as soon as I opened that.
>>
>>48739801
Good, now I can have fun with your unconscious body.
You only really need columns AD and AE.
>>
>>48739514
So let me get this straight. Daevics are mid tier 4 wankers who can ONLY get good with Wrath claws builds, and even then it's been nerfed from the original?

Seriously? Why ever play a daevic now?
>>
>>48739824
% hp? Why is the DPR for 20 543, while % hp only 1.5?
>>
>>48739845
'cause '150%' takes too much space.
>>
>>48739547
What are we thanking him for?

Did he do the layout? If so, thanks Forrest
>>
>>48739863
Oh, that's a big different from 1.5.
>>
>>48739864
>Did he do the layout?
I think I read here that only Forrest and Jeremy do layout, and Jeremy doesn't post here.
>>
File: Knight_Girl.png (2MB, 832x1261px) Image search: [Google]
Knight_Girl.png
2MB, 832x1261px
>>48739612
That was amazing to read. I hope to play in a setting like that at some point.
>>
>>48739886
I mean, as someone mentioned, it seems to be live
>>
This likely sounds ridiculous, but is it possible to play a Primalist Crossblooded Rageshaper? I don't think the Bloodrager archetypes conflict with each other (except MAYBE Primalist and Crossblooded, if you want to call tacking on another choice in power/abilities a conflict). I was thinking that a Skinwalker woulld be a good choice for a Primalist since it has some neat rage powers, though my main goal is a Crossblooded Rageshaper with a focus on natural attacks, which is why I'm wondering if the archetypes stack or not.
>>
>>48739612

Thanks anon! It's a lot of stuff I knew about, but the concise way the anon describes it definitely helps frame it in a way I could use when creating my HRE and the conflict that erupts in it.

>>48739904

Do you have any preferences on the stage of the war?
>>
File: like so.png (760KB, 1468x726px) Image search: [Google]
like so.png
760KB, 1468x726px
>>48739547
That ain't me.

I don't actually have the final PDF handy at this moment, just the unfinalized layout files.
>>
>>48739927
I mentioned that and I posted it.

Forcestrike Knuckles apply to unarmed strikes or to one natural weapon, by the way.
>>
>>48739945
>Do you have any preferences on the stage of the war?
Middling. I want to play someone who's spent all their life since they were ten years old growing up in it, and has at some point become a roving mercenary to make ends meet.
>>
>>48740018
Copy and paste or screencap Forcestrike Knuckles please?
>>
>>48739961
Gorget misses the last step. Base 4, vizier 3, catalyst 3, enhanced capacity 1.
>>
File: 1466945826242.jpg (251KB, 730x780px) Image search: [Google]
1466945826242.jpg
251KB, 730x780px
>>48739961
The Guardian Sash is still objectively worse than the Vorpal Guards, huh?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160811-102433.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160811-102433.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>48740032
>>
>>48739514
>>48739961
>>48740041
Also cannons essence section, 'add enhancement bonus' sounds wonky.
>>
File: 1463043320420.jpg (59KB, 500x618px) Image search: [Google]
1463043320420.jpg
59KB, 500x618px
Daily reminder that as of Horror Adventures, casting five evil spells in a row turns you from good to evil, and casting five good spells in a row turns you from evil to good.

Why do people not just do this to redeem themselves or fall?
>>
File: 1470352285253.jpg (36KB, 353x356px) Image search: [Google]
1470352285253.jpg
36KB, 353x356px
>>48740051
>single natural weapon
>just one claw

Well, it's complete shit now for anyone other than unarmed attackers, isn't it?
>>
>>48740051
Post the new daevic class table, please.
>>
>>48740062
It says typically, so it's not a hard and fast rule and it does say it's up to the DM.
>>
>>48740095
>>
>>48740062

Probably because GMs would get pretty tired of players burning down orphanages and rocketing back to NG with a few casts of Protection from Evil.
>>
>>48740116
Wait, how many chakra binds does the daevic get now? Does it say?
>>
>>48740080
I expect that's the point.
>>
File: 2e44f60ac3a350afcd7fd9ea3f6df73a.jpg (955KB, 868x1224px) Image search: [Google]
2e44f60ac3a350afcd7fd9ea3f6df73a.jpg
955KB, 868x1224px
>>48740116
Do hibkha still have +4 Int and flight?
>>
>>48739800
>fucking reply got eaten twenty minutes ago
Pretty bad still.

>Max Essence invested is 4 at 16th without feat and specific class abilities.
>Actual max output requires a 72k gp Catalyst, your wrist slot, and 7 essence of your own, which could be more than half of a Daevic's or over 21% of a Vizier - assuming the Extra Energy feat at that
>Base range is <some things have more reach than this increment>, only reaches 70' base at 10 essence
>False "worth over +10 worth of enchantment". Misleading. Bad. The weapon gets nothing but Elemental Bursts... the 20/x2 weapon gets nothing but Elemental Bursts.

So for far less customization and actual output than you could get from just using those same buffs/abilities/veils and much less essence (or way more performance from using as much) that you are wasting on hand cannons - and I do mean waste: the wrist veil slot has great things in it and both it AND the real wrist slot are being used to power this weapon, which STILL explicitly locks you out of using any other weapons on the same round, you get to use more of your build's resources and class abilities.

It's not a good weapon, it's massively overpriced, it'll never be able to pierce things like /adamantine until you can get 7 essence and a +3 catalyst into it, it will *NEVER* bypass /epic (should that actually ever come into play, but it's worth noting), and it's only ever able to reach its full - yet kinda pathetic - potential in the hands of a class that cannot have training or marksmanship bonuses to improve these capabilities.

It is not good.
>>
>>48740224
>Veils can be bound to a chakra to increase their power once a character has reached a certain level of experience in manipulating akasha. By binding a veil to that chakra you gain the most potent abilities from the veil by flooding it with even more of your inherent akashic energy. Once a character has gained the ability to bind veils to a particular chakra, they can automatically bind a veil there as part of the process of shaping their veils for the day.

On page 47. Once you unlock a chakra, you can bind a veil to it.
>>
File: 1455764858168.jpg (441KB, 800x657px) Image search: [Google]
1455764858168.jpg
441KB, 800x657px
>>48740342
Doesn't that make some levels of the daevic a complete wash?

Like, at level 5, you get... Resist Influence +1. That's it. Wooooo.
>>
>>48740342
Thanks for doing the ridiculous bookmarks like you did in PoW E.
>>
>>48740403
How is that different from stuff like "you get trap sense" on barbarians, or channel energy on clerics? You still have lots of stuff, and it's better than before since you have binds faster.
>>
>>48740439
>implying those are good design either
Initiators don't have much dead levels.
>>
Anyone have any advice for a newfag GM? Really trying to get the hang of the game without unloading a bunch of word vomit on the players concerning rules.

I'm mostly wanting info on:
- How the fuck do you organize notes and shit? I want to hear YOUR personal method as a player/GM, not "use OneNote or Evernote or any of the other note programs".
- How much preparation do you tend to do for a campaign/side quest?
- How to pokerface, and surprise the players? One of my players is as clever as me, which means I'll have a hard time trying to outwit him.

If this info is avaliable somewhere else I'll gladly look at that and not waste your time.
>>
>>48740439
The daevic is still shit unless you try to Wrath it up. And even then an initiator still outnovas it.
>>
>>48740403
Once PDF is finally out I'm making aegis X / vizier 2-4 / forgelord 4-5 and I expect it to be better at being daevic than daevic by a good margin.
>>
>>48737502
Look at companies that mass-produce coins for board games. It's like 50c a coin there.
>>
>>48740556
>you loot dragon's horde and get 10000 gold coins
>>
>>48740556
Thanks, but could you reccomend any? I've searched, and I've found either... Really expensive metal ones, or plastic coins that would feel like garbage. I was hoping to find a middle route, but that could be asking too much, I guess.
>>
>>48740572
They're props, you're never going to give them 1:1.

>>48740594
FantasyCoin.com sells them $16.99 / 30, which works out to about 57 cents each. You're not likely going to get them any cheaper than that unless you go plastic. They even have coins for Lords of Waterdeep (though they call it "Water Helm RP" to avoid copyright).
>>
>>48740594
Checked any of those 3D printing things sites? I think uh..Shapeways is one. You might be able to get something metallic and not cheap feeling for relatively little money there.
>>
>>48740477
>Wake up
>Realize I have a game later that night.
>Make some stat blocks
>Make some templates to slap onto stat blocks
>Find a random dungeon generator, hit random a dozen or so times until I find one I like
>Modify to fit what's needed
Takes about 1-2 hours at most, with most of it being map building. Since we don't always finish maps, I can always come back to it later.

After that, I bullshit 90% of encounters. Schroodinger's mobs is what I like to call them. Their stats don't exist until they need to be checked, in which case I write it down. The other 10% I use the base stat blocks + whatever template I need. So something like:

20 STR, 14 dex, 14 con, 10 mental
+6 Fort, +6 reflex, +4 will
+12/+7 1d12+7 damage

would be my 'bruiser' statblock for my high level PCs to fight. Now I have an orc/human/whatever bruiser right out the gate. Or I could do something like:

Tentacle: 1d4+mod + grab
Huge: (Size mods)

and poof, I now have an elephant.

Granted, I have years of experience with pathfinder/3.5 backing me up, so there's that.

Poker face isn't hard since we play exclusively online, but for those rare moments where I do play in person, it's mostly not an issue.

Players can't see the entire problem like you do, so cleverness is really out the window there. If you don't believe me, try putting in any 'clever' puzzle into the game and watch your players grind to a halt as they flop about.

As far as surprising them, same deal. They can't see the entire problem, so don't worry too much.

If you want to go the distance:

-Make your world. Make it hella in depth
-Organize by region.
-Reference region when asked.

Good luck! THis is all I can manage as I'm fixing to (fail) take a math final.
>>
>>48740594
>FantasyCoin.com
Thanks for that, I noticed that like, half their shop was out of stock and kinda ruled it out, but I'll give it another look.

>>48740624
I'll browse those too. Never occurred to me that 3D printing could be an option.
>>
>>48740655
Their site's outta stock because they're running yet another Kickstarter to gauge interest. Give it a look, a lot of coins are cheaper through the Kickstarter than they are normally. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fantasycoinhq/fantasy-coin-legacy-gaming-coins
>>
>>48740654

Well, you've given me a lot to think about and an idea of where I should start, so thank you for the advice.!
>>
>>48740264
why is her tit coming out of her side?
>>
>>48740849
Bird anatomy is weird.
>>
I mived to a new town, and the only gaming group I have found plays pathfinder. I have played DnD 3.5, but not PF.
What should I expect from the game in general, how has it changed?
It is kind of drop in and have a single adventure, and everyone listed themselves as stricker. I will receive a pregen.
>>
What makes for a good first session to a campaign, besides just the things that make for a good session in general?
>>
>>48740914

It's actually very similar. A few rules got changed (grappling, feats every other level), multiclassing isn't nearly as prevalent, and some classes got buffed (paladin, for one). Otherwise, it's pretty much the same game.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ has a lot of information you can look over.
>>
File: 8dc01365964acd6e352e8d7d0a521f74.png (886KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
8dc01365964acd6e352e8d7d0a521f74.png
886KB, 800x1066px
>>48740938
>"You all wake up in the middle of a harem room, bathed, free of body and facial hair, and dressed in revealing silks and golden jewelry. The rest of your gear is nowhere in sight. Around you are buxom women and dainty boys dressed much like you. They all have the ears and tails of animals, like cats and foxes. You don't remember anything of the past 24 hours. What do you do?"

What WOULD your party do?
>>
>>48740938
I.. what?

>What makes a good first session, besides the things that make a good first session
Nothing, because you just excluded all possible answers?
>>
>>48741019
Stand up, walk out, and never speak to me again. And they'd be right.
>>
File: f5Q0m0l.png (2MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
f5Q0m0l.png
2MB, 1280x800px
>>48741019

Have a stern talk with the GM.
>>
>>48741008
>A few rules got changed (grappling, feats every other level)

Not entirely true. The big picture is the same, but there are actually TONS of little changes that can trip you up.
>>
>>48740477
Encounters, just make up a generic stat block and adjust the numbers if necessary. I never show or tell my player's the enemies stats, I only give them verbal descriptions to show them how close to death they are.

For adventures/campaigns all you need is this:
a Beginning, a Middle, and an End. You know how it Begins, you know how you want it to End. In the middle you have 2-4 obstacles usually, it depends on how fast your group plays and how many sessions you want it to last. The obstacles are things that involve the players in a more meaningful way, everything that isn't your fluff. They're the enemy battles (fight obstacle), searching for traps (skill check/RP obstacle), searching for hidden treasure (skill check/RP), navigating a labyrinth or solving a puzzle (same deal). After each obstacle you reward the players with narration. Make sure they KNOW how awesome they are for what they did. Somewhere during the middle and the end you give them a tangible reward- loot and/or XP.

To make this work, you only set up a skeleton adventure. Make the NPCs you need to push them to where you want them to be, they just need a name and an appearance. Give them an attitude and a hidden goal only you see, so you remember to RP them consistently.
You decide what traps, puzzles and enemies are there, how strong they should be (you just fudge this to make it /fun/. Failure IS an option however, but only if it's the player's own damn fault. make sure you only fudge BEFORE the encounter so they'll never know that you're just making shit up. If they're failing, wait until the last possible moment to give them a Get Out of Jail Free card if it's necessary.

That's it. Plan more than this, and your players will ruin your night because all players ruin your plans, even if they don't mean to.
>>
>>48741023
Nah, they're looking for "great ways to get the party together" "Great ways to start the initial quest hook" and similar.
>>
>>48741050

Well, I've forgotten a lot of the differences, to be honest. Things like CMD and advancement are just some of the ones that stick out in my memory.
>>
>>48741050
No more flask rogues ;-;
>>
>>48741008
>>48741050
Are wizards and clerics still OP? It seems that there are always 2 to 3 rogues out of six players in most of the previous sessions. Are rogues the new broken class?
If I join the group I will make my own char, any class I should avoid?
>>
>>48741019
>free of body and facial hair

My dwarven barbarian goes on a rampage the like of which shake the very pillars of heaven itself. Nobody gets to shave his beard and get away with it.
>>
>>48741019
>"Where am I? This isn't Nar-Voth! Who are you? Is this the Overburn? You're all deepmeat when I'm done with you, you hear me?"
>>
>>48741019
My skulls and shackles group would cry in happiness. As they are still slaves but instead of galley slaves tortured by a sadistic asshole they are fed and comfortable in return for sucking a man off once a day. Sometimes takinng it in the ass sure, but better that then 2 days with almost no oxygen and 40 degrees Celsius hot.

My other group would most likely just stand up andnhigh five eachother and leqve their harem. I mean, social exalted characters would own it by the time they would make it to the porch.
>>
>>48741123
The tiers are mostly the same. Rogues got the nerfbat fairly heavily, losing some abilities to make for easier sneak attacks and losing all of their niche protection.
>>
>>48740914
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?136890-The-3-5-Pathfinder-Handbook&p=7607321#post7607321
Tier list is largely unchanged. Polymorph is not so OP, there virtually zero good casting PRCs.
>>
>>48741123

Wizards and clerics are definitely still very strong classes, and no, rogues are not broken. They actually received a class update (called the Unchained Rogue) in order to give them a boost a while back.
>>
>>48741019
>You don't remember anything of the past 24 hours.
Considering my character always have mind blank on, pull the rail out of my ass and hit GM with it.
>>
>>48740654
>Notes and shit
I start with a general outline- one that's actually written out because that helps me solidify it more in my mind. I hit on all the most important parts first, like "The PCs will learn about the dungeon over yonder." or "The PCs should have this item by the end." It's all nonspecific details, like without specifying HOW they learn about the dungeon over yonder. After I've got that vague outline, I start filling in more specific details. Be careful not to get too detailed though, and try to keep things flexible. If the NPC you were counting on to tell the PCs about the dungeon dies, there should be another way for them to learn about it. Maybe a journal entry on his corpse mentions it, or perhaps there's a different NPC. The key here is that you plan vaguely because you don't know how the PCs will act and you make sure you're ready to adapt your plans if necessary. This game isn't about telling a story to your players, it's about telling a story with them.

>How much preparation
Plan the major details far in advance. Like, comparing it to Paizo's APs, try to have all the major elements of whatever book you're in already thought up. For smaller details, I try plan enough that I feel it would cover this session and the next one after- it means I can keep going if the PCs shortcut what I was planning. >>48740654's idea for mobs is solid, I fall back on that myself sometimes when I need to. If you have to take some time to think because your players surprised you, don't be afraid to excuse yourself to go to the bathroom or just tell your players "I need five or ten minutes, guys."

>Pokerface
This comes with experience. You can probably manage to surprise them with something obscure from the rules, like an ability or monster they don't know about because even experienced players don't know AND REMEMBER everything. But story-wise... It's tricky. I can't really explain how to do it, but try to think of how your players would expect things to go.
>>
>>48741189
Well maybe it was dispelled, or they just used poisons.
>>
>>48741189
Mindblank doesn't offer immunity to enchantment spells in PF.
>>
>>48741213
Fuck, this was suppose to quote >>48740477, obviously.
>>
>>48741019
Probably find whoever was in charge and beat them senseless.
>>
>>48740477
http://web.archive.org/web/20150215032257/http://www.gamemastering.info/media/171/download/Gamemastering.pdf

This is a free book written by some Brian Jamison dude, it's full of incredibly good tips, examples and lists of everything you should and shouldn't do, and why.

I agree with almost everything in it and I tried running one campaign where I basically followed this to the letter and as far as I can tell, it's a resounding success. I'm having it easier and more fun to prep and run sessions and my players have said that it's the best campaign I've ever run for them. I think it's worth reading if you're new to this and haven't picked up any bad habits yet.
>>
>>48740477
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlUk42GiU2guNzWBzxn7hs8MaV7ELLCP_

This man is one of the greatest DMs I've ever known, and he wants to tell you his secrets. He primarily runs 5e, but 99% of his advice is applicable in all editions and many other systems besides.

>how to organize

My DM screen has a slot for a clipboard inside it. That clipboard contains all my notes, in a roughly chronological pile. It also has a pocket for index cards.

>how much preparation

I jot down ideas throughout the week, and the night before the adventure, I make a mad scramble to coalesce them into coherent encounters (not just combat encounters; puzzles, social encounters, traps..). I make about eight, expecting the players to hit about half of them, and storing the others away for future asspulls.

Also, have a file full of random asspulls. Strip the flavour off of encounters you've made that went unused, and have them on standby for when the players do something you weren't prepared for, so it looks like you totally were prepared for it.

>how to surprise

Don't worry about it. If a player is clever, let them be clever. Don't let them act on things their character wouldn't know, but at the same time, you're there to have fun, to tell an interesting story together, not to show everyone how smart and unpredictable you are.
>>
File: 1422432773672.png (239KB, 470x474px) Image search: [Google]
1422432773672.png
239KB, 470x474px
>mfw there are only two non-evil non-regional non-racial deities associated with fertility
>mfw one's associated with snakes and the other's associated with fire

What's a man got to do to get some proper deities in Golarion? It's like every deity was an attempt to subvert their expected roles but it made them turn out even more flavorless than before.

Am I the only one that thinks Pelor is a better sun god than Sarenrae and a better paladin god than Iomedae?
>>
>>48741642
Hey, at least Iomedae is better bard god than Pelor!
>>
>>48740477
http://strolen.com/netbooks/

Aging resources, but still great ones.
>>
>>48741642

I mean, I think Erastil's pretty cool. And Kurgess is bro as fuck.
>>
>>48741642
You may be a nazi.

Also Fertility and Fire totally go together. Fire is often associated with light, heat, mother warmth all that good shit. Fire provides. Fire spreads and multiplies.

Also pathfinder deities are fucking hella generic.

Do you really think anyone would give a shit about Iomadae if Wrath of the Righteous wasn't written. She would just be generic lawful good god doing generic lawful good things.
>>
Anyone know what's in Psionics Augmented: Soulknives II, and if it's any good? Or have a copy they're willing to throw up?
>>
>>48741858
I will go on to say that D&D style fantasy pantheons are all fucking shitty as hell. They literally CAN'T do anything interesting because they all have to be written with the assumption that clerics and shit need to get power from them mechanically in a uniform manner.
>>
>>48741858
She's become a meme again with that last adventure path, hasn't she?
>>
>>48741889

I think that's more about her followers, some of whom died in hilarious and distinctly un-paladin-like ways.
>>
>>48742055
I mean, that's just going to happen to every god. You're always going to have followers that die in a way that doesn't mesh with the god's ideals. I imagine, out there somewhere, is an asmodean who died because they fucked up their contract due to a typo.
>>
If I wanted to play a light/no armored character, who was gestalt, with one side of the gestalt being a nature mystery oracle, what is the best option for the other side, assuming that all DSP 3PP is open? None of the dedicated unarmed users there are charisma based, which leaves me in a bit of a lurch with stacking stat requirements.
>>
>>48742122

Well, if I remember correctly, one of them dies committing perfidy with a false surrender, which seems like a big no-no.
>>
>>48742182
Hey, not all of them can live up to the expectations they impose on others. We see that all the time in our world Also bad writing, that's why we're here after all.
>>
>>48741858

There is nothing fascist about loving a grossly incandescent sun god with a thing for humans and looking like a fiery Santa Claus.

The deities don't have to be generic, that's the sad part; Eberron for instance has a fantastic lineup of deities and some of them are extremely basic. I suppose the answer to all this is the god's religious organization rather than the god themselves, which just tells Paizo once again failed at fleshing out their world.
>>
>>48742160

Steelfist Commando is an unarmed lightly armored charisma-based DSP class.
>>
>>48742160
If you are willing to drop oracle, egoist(transmogrifist) psion can get stupidly high AC. Well I guess you can do oracle/psion, but I don't see its fluff nor crunch.
>>48742160
>None of the dedicated unarmed users there are charisma based
Steelfist commando warlord.
>>
>>48742269
Path of war 1.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/warlord/warlord-archetypes/steelfist-commando-warlord-archetype
Be advised that broken blade is pending nerfs.
>>
>>48742269
PoW: 130-131
>>
>>48742160
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/enlightened-paladin-paladin-archetype
>>
>>48742233
>>48742248

I completely forgot about Steelfist. Thanks!
>>
I have an addiction. I want to play more and more, and my current group is winding down, to 4-6 hours, once a week. I'm about to move across the damn world. I'm semi-familiar with roll20, but not how finding a game works. Anyone care to tell me how it's done?
>>
>>48742343

You find an advertisement that fits your criteria (schedule, premise, character generation) and apply for it.

You need to show competency and intelligence in your application, be comprehensive and show excitement for the campaign. When picking out advertisements, always read into the content/grammar of the DM to determine if the game will be bad, same with reading the applications of your fellow applicants, ESPECIALLY ones that got in.

If you do all of this right, you'll log in to see you've got a message inviting you to the campaign.
>>
>>48742433
>>48742343

Oh, and finding advertisements is as easy as hitting the "look for games" button and inputting under Advanced what your interests are (word of advice, always make sure to check the mature content box.)
>>
>>48741642
What's wrong with snakes? This isn't a world where the majority of people believe that a talking snake caused all their problems.
>>
>>48742568
Sneks are mean.
>>
File: 88f.gif (132KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
88f.gif
132KB, 500x600px
>>48742610

I dunno, I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>48742568

It feels like a weird thing to associate with fertility.

It's also weird that deity is also supposedly in a lesbian relationship with the goddess of agriculture and Kitsune.

In fact, most relationships between deities seem to be girl on girl.
>>
I want to make serial killer vigilante NPC in victorian-steampunk campaing. Do you have any advices, how to make him interesting or challenging?
I allow most of 3pp content after revision, so you can suggest nonpaizo content as well.
>>
>>48742703
Eh, I don't think that really matters with gods, I imagine they can just go *Salient Divine Ability* poof, we've created new life. I'll agree with snakes as a fertility thing as weird, though. I wonder if there are any cultures that see them that way.
>>
>>48742703
>>48742756
Snakes were seen at the very least as symbols of eternal life, as shown by the ability to "grow young again" by shedding their skin and the eternity of the universe due to their ability to become a perfect circle by biting themselves. Fertility goddess statues in some locations were shown holding snakes in their hands as a sign of this.
>>
>>48742803
Any cultures you know of that did that? I'm bored and that sounds like it'd be fun to read up on.
>>
How does /pfg/ feel about the Bloody Jake archetype from Horror Adventures? I like the sorta axe murderer vibe but its abilities look super useless. It's more of an NPC archetype, I guess.
>>
>>48742821
India, Babylon, maybe Greece but I'm not sure. And probably Vietnamese
>>
>>48742831
Well if you do go Bloody Jake make sure you never go non-evil. You definitely don't want to lose your way.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 1280x1811px)
image.jpg
126KB, 1280x1811px
Two questions.
1. Can investigators brew mutagen?
2. How many potions can investigators have at any time?
>>
>>48742923
1- Yes, but they need to get an Investigator Talent for that
2- What ? You mean extracts ?
>>
File: image.jpg (466KB, 1240x1672px)
image.jpg
466KB, 1240x1672px
>>48742972
2. yes. They are the same as those brewed by the alchemist, no?
>>
If you're swallowed whole, it says you can only use a light slashing or piercing weapon to escape.

Do any natural weapons count as light?
>>
>>48743152

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/weapon-finesse-combat---final

>Special: Natural weapons are considered light weapons.
>>
>>48743219
Good. Thanks too this is my first character using naturals... but why in the fuck would this only be there? Or are they only light if you have weapon finesse?

Either way, different but very related question. Same situation, but you were currently shrunk two sizes which is why you were just small enough to eat. And now the effect ends.

How boom?
>>
>>48743299
There aren't any real rules on the subject. A handful of size increasing effects mention making strength checks to burst enclosures, but those aren't appropriate to creatures (which don't have defined DCs anyway). Special abilities that involve creatures exploding out of other creatures usually just do a bunch of d6s of damage and deposit the creature in an adjacent space.
>>
>>48743299

Considering that tidbit is listed under the feat's Special entry, rather than Benefit, I'm assuming it's just there for added clarification, and not to imply you need the feat.
>>
>>48743152
>light
I'd like to see ones who wrote that rule swallow a zweihander and say that felt better than swallowing a kitchen knife.
>>
>>48743492
I think that's because you can't use a zweihander to get out when swallowed.
>>
>>48741113
Unless you're an Underground Chemist.
>>
>>48743534
What, you can't wield your zweihander in a lizard gizard?
>>
How would you stat Santa Claus in Pathfinder?
>>
>>48743908

as Asmodeus.
>>
>>48742610
I think of that picture every time QANON says "heck"
>>
File: image.jpg (223KB, 910x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223KB, 910x700px
Ok, I'll re-ask for clarity.
1. How many extracts can an Investigator make?
2. Can he make the same ones as an Alchemist?
>>
>>48744389
1) The number listed at your level for "Extracts per day". For example, level 10 you can create 5 1st, 4 2nd, 3 3rd, and 1 4th level extract.

2) It is the same list as the Alchemist.
>>
>>48743299
Wait, anyone know the answer to his last scenario?

Because that gives me ideas. ideas involving an angry halfling and people's stomachs
>>
>>48741019
They would play along and try to escape, because they've been in worse and seen worse and this scenario is kind of tame by comparison
>>
>>48741019
It's a crying shame I'm on mobile, since that Space Marine 'purge everything' pic would be quite appropriate.
>>
File: 1469081818667.png (197KB, 427x467px) Image search: [Google]
1469081818667.png
197KB, 427x467px
>>48741019
>>48744962
>>
File: 1469770813985.png (316KB, 600x860px) Image search: [Google]
1469770813985.png
316KB, 600x860px
>>48745297
>>
>>48745297
Thanks friend.
>>
I've never been involved in a play by post game before, and I'm looking to try out the format. I was sort of hoping to play in that format before GMing in it, though.

Do you guys have any preferred sites or recruiting methods?
>>
So my fighter is hitting level 9 soon, and I need to know where to go from there. Obviously I'll multiclass after this, but I don't know where to go.

Any suggestions? Right now I'm going with a hyperwacky whirlwind attack whip build that is actually working reasonably well in this high-mook campaign.
>>
Have you people ever built a base of some sort? Anything special in it? What was it? How did you pay the building costs?
>>
>>48740477
>>48740477
I use maptools to craft the map, add fog of war, populate it with monsters, add traps, items and notes. I also add NPCs.

Maptools allows you to created tokens for monsters, pcs, and NPCs. You can add all the information you want yo each token, and configure ownership on each one, so that playera can only see the information you let them see.

We play on a round table using two laptops and a screen to display the map as the pcs see it. Doing thungs this way makes the experiencia more fluid.

I also have macros to roll for initiative and deal damage.

I also use a regular notebook to scribble and make mental maps that help me refine my ideas.
>>
>>48746057
Magus. Transfer spells through a greatsword.
>>
>>48746135
>starting into a 6thlvl caster 9 levels in
kek. might have worked if he was only 5 levels, but not 9.

>>48746057
Urban Barbarian is always a good choice. Since you're already invested in the whip, I suggest taking Urban Barbarian for 3 levels, then spending your remaining 8 in Aspis Agent for the added character versatility and more whip support.

And this is all assuming Paizo content only.
>>
>>48746094
Our party is getting one soon but I have no idea what to put on it.
I just voted for beanbags and lava lamps. I don't know if they exist in the setting but the PCs will figure something out.
>>
>>48746564
Is it going to be a stoner den?
>>
>>48746595
No it's going to be comfy
>>
>>48746094
Sort of. Spruced up an airship with climate control, warp capabilities, an AI we called "The Doctor", and a holodeck.

Why yes, we did watch a lot of Voyager while that game was running. Why do you ask?
>>
>>48746371
I'm not weapon finesse based. I am just using it for 15 feet of reach on a whirlwind attack.
>>
>>48746615
A stoner den is quite comfy.
>>
>>48742821
Mesopotamia.
>>
>>48746640
Then I guess a normal Barb would be fine then.
>>
>>48746644
>degeneracy
>comfy
>>
>>48746644
Only one lava lamp is needed in the team's base.
>>
Any of you guys want to play a high-level 3.P gestalt game on Myth-Weavers? Come and vote in the polls! It can even be Planescape!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=368391
>>
>>48747769
>evil games
>planescape
>myth-weavers
>2hu's playing a half-succubus

N O P E
>>
Slow night, so Imma spur it with a new question.

You have been given authority to start a new Hellknight order! Choose:
>What time period (Gaspodar founding, or Post-Thrune Conquest Founding)
>What your focus is
>How the order came to be
>Theme of your armor and gear
>Order's Favored weapon(s)
>Location of your Fortress
>Your Hellknight Obedience or whatever its called (must be somewhat self-flagellatory like the rest of them)
>The current Lictor
>The current big thing that has the focus of your Order

And I just realized this sounds almost exactly like the description for the Space Marine Chapter Maker
>>
Oh hey look what's out:

>DRP2509_AkashicMysteries_FULL.pdf

Don't know about others, but Paizo's site has the full release ready.
>>
>>48748289
A-are we finally free, anon?
>>
>>48748289
>>48748309
ALMOST!

Now is the time to point out typos before the final (that is, print) release.
>>
>>48748309
I think we might be. Although it's worth noting that the Akashit anon hasn't posted for a while.
>>
>>48748289
>>48748309
>>48748365
Akashit Mysteries PDF when?
>>
>>48748589
It's kind of like seeing off an old racist grandpa. You let him do his thing and then when he's gone you comment endlessly on how annoying he was.
>>
So one of my players wants to play a Bard that is pretending to be a Cleric of Iomedae to fool people into giving her donations. She says she chose Iomedae specifically because in Varisia (ROTRL campaign) Iomedae isn't as big as other parts.

What sort of shenanigans should I set up for her aside from the obvious "you met an actual priest of iomedae"
>>
>>48748553
Just die already.
>>
>>48748756
Have her run into travelers or immigrants from other areas who want to hear a service just like they remembered from the old country.
>>
File: PF Cassisian Angel 1.jpg (100KB, 1064x1288px) Image search: [Google]
PF Cassisian Angel 1.jpg
100KB, 1064x1288px
>>48748756
A confused angel, trapped on Golarion for some reason, starts following her around trying to phone home.
>>
File: image.jpg (421KB, 861x1216px)
image.jpg
421KB, 861x1216px
Here are some sneaky questions.
1. How hard is it to conceal a sap? It's tiny and described as 'easily hidden', but there are no rules for doing so.
2 Forgive me if I'm missing the obvious but how does Slight of Hand work for concealing weapons? The way I understand it now means its possible to conceal a broadsword as easily as a small knife.
>>
>>48748756

Maybe someone runs to fetch the mighty and righteous cleric to mete out justice on someone or something much meaner and larger?
>>
>>48748783
RAW you can't hide anything bigger than a light weapon or similar ranged weapon on your person.

In the case of hiding weapons on your person, it's a Sleight of Hand check versus the observer's Perception, with a bonus to them if they're frisking you and a bonus to you if you're hiding something that's extraordinarily small (a coin or shuriken), made to be hidden (a dagger) or are wearing loose or baggy clothing.
>>
What if the gunslinger can summon constructs?
>>
>>48748783
>You can hide a small object (including a light weapon or an easily concealed ranged weapon, such as a dart, sling, or hand crossbow) on your body. Your Sleight of Hand check is opposed by the Perception check of anyone observing you or of anyone frisking you.

Basically a light weapon or smaller can be concealed with sleight of hand, anything larger requires specialized abilities for it. The Sap mentioning that is just flavor text that intersects with the rules.
>>
>>48748851
Then you'd be playing FFXIV.
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 960x640px)
image.jpg
119KB, 960x640px
>>48748756
Have Iomedia casually fuck with them by arranging miracles that continually raise their reputation out of control, Ciaphas Cain style.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 960x640px)
image.jpg
127KB, 960x640px
>>48748859
Hold on a second, how many rolls are there? Say you are carrying several weapons you wish to keep hidden. Do they roll once for each? Do you? Or is it just one roll per side?
>>
>>48748876
I really like this idea, actually - make it Iomedae trying to turn false faith into real faith, maybe?

Better than hurr durr trumpets, anyway.
>>
>>48748862
So it'd be good?

Might actually make the class actually useful.
>>
>>48748911
I think you roll Sleight of Hand to conceal each individually (unless your DM gets frustrated and has you do a flat roll for all your concealment) and then each person is rolling one Perception check, and they notice any weapons that their Perception beast the SoH for.
>>
>>48748756
Later on, when the party is a big enough deal that her reputation as a cleric precedes her, have some NPC in a town flip out and GTFO when he sees her, because he's been doing some slightly or not-so-slightly immoral things lately and he's afraid the big, not-so-bad priestess is here to give him a beating in a lecture.

Then just conveniently have that NPC be the person the party needed to talk to! They keep trying to get a hold of him, he keeps running off, getting more and more paranoid about it each time. When the party finally manages to get him to talk, he might even just throw himself down and confess whatever he did, only to be understandable confused when the "cleric" is all like, "Uh, yeah, that's... not exactly why we're here. But stop doing that, I guess."
>>
>>48748777
Lucky trips and a fun idea. I'm just trying to figure out how to bring in an npc without it being attached to the party.
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135KB, 960x640px
>>48748923
It could lead to some nice fuckery.
The player is planning some elaborate slight of hand trick and the GM just performs some super high level magic out of nowhere.
> tfw
Also, why the hell do I have all these pics? How did they get on my pc?
>>
>>48748945
Wouldn't really solve the problems with guns, though.
>>
File: PF Helvargal.jpg (29KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
PF Helvargal.jpg
29KB, 600x535px
>>48748958
Have it show up during downtime?
>>
Regarding bucklers...

"This small metal shield is worn strapped to your forearm. You can use a bow or crossbow without penalty while carrying it. You can also use your shield arm to wield a weapon (whether you are using an offhand weapon or using your off hand to help wield a two-handed weapon), but you take a –1 penalty on attack rolls while doing so."

Does this mean I can wear a buckler, get the AC bonus, and not take a penalty to my attack roll if I'm using a bow? Or do I have to choose between the AC bonus and not having the penalty? Or do I not get the choice at all, and the "without penalty" bit is referring to carrying the shield as in moving around with it on my arm rather than actively using it?

The wording's kind of unclear, but I'm use to assuming bucklers are shit.
>>
>>48748985
With guns it'd be a matter of eliminating misfire chances and reducing the exorbitant price of upkeep and making the guns common.

It still depends on how much of a dick or how chill the GM is.
>>
>>48748969
>Also, why the hell do I have all these pics? How did they get on my pc?
Simple, they ping pong circulate
>>
Where in Golarion am I going to get all of the ingredients for even a fast-food taco, never mind the real deal?

In a similar vein, breakfast cereals are actually a relatively recent invention. Could you make corn flakes there without dipping into magic or Numerian technology?
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 550x991px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 550x991px
Ok, how I create a character that is crazy-prepared? Assume the class is Investigator.

So far I'm just gonna bring some easily concealable weapons and a sword cane, enough so that I can give one or two to the party if we are ever searched.
>>
File: 1469656635496.gif (5MB, 422x719px) Image search: [Google]
1469656635496.gif
5MB, 422x719px
>>48747769
Oh, that might be kind of nea->>48748068
>>
>>48749197
Brilliant Planner. Done.
>>
>>48749197
Prestige into Pathfinder Chronicler for the single neatest class feature Paizo's ever gave us
>>
>>48749197
Be a halfling (or a human with Racial Heritage: Halfling) and take the racial feat "Well-Prepared".
>>
File: 4of9_thumb.jpg (67KB, 530x353px) Image search: [Google]
4of9_thumb.jpg
67KB, 530x353px
>>48749184
>Where in Golarion am I going to get all of the ingredients for even a fast-food taco, never mind the real deal?
Arcadia

>Could you make corn flakes there without dipping into magic or Numerian technology?
cereals could be made and served in a variety of fashions. For example, you could make something out of scraps of beaten and fried grain meal such as amaranth (which you can also pop instead to make something like cornpuffs or whatever), buckwheat or similar.

Further, another popular way of breakfast my mom said she ate growing up since she was poor is to have rice, milk, and then some kind of sweetener like fruit or sugar. As such you could probably have something like that in Tianxia.

Really, as long as the location has access to some type of grass or similar that produces enough harvestable grains, you could make a cereal using the meal.
>>
Is there a RAW way to permanently obtain a mythic rank? Any source material besides flat-out homebrew will do.
>>
>>48749279
Which is?
>>
>>48747769
>>48749220
>turned into regular Prime world game
Meh.
>>
>>48740504
Has it ever occurred to you that Akashic Mysteries isn't targeted at the Path of war Audience?
>>
Can I create an automatic reset trap of simulacrum? It should only cost 63,000gp right?

Should I?
>>
>>48749197
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/brilliant-planner

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/well-prepared
>>
>>48750205
I brought brilliant planner up to my DM, and he just said out of nowhere that my character now had it for free.

It apparently fits into the secret goings on my lad doesnt know about.
>>
>>48749197
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/inspired-alchemy
>>
>>48750294
This is honestly a really good use for all the minor feats out there in d20. They're tiny, barely have any mechanical impact, but are neat and can help define characters. There's no good reason not to just hand one out every session or so.
>>
>>48750294
Enjoy being able to literally pull ultra-situational scrolls out of your ass.
>>
>>48750315
>They're tiny, barely have any mechanical impact, but are neat

I lost count how often that feat helped me and the party out. My DM was generous enough that I can pull out as many hat tricks with that feat as much as the gold left available instead of once per day.

You'd be surprised how often a balloon, playing cards, string, an empty bottle, a bar of soap, an iron spike and a jar of adhesive can be handy in the hands of a Questioner Investigator.
>>
>>48750392
>My DM was generous enough that I can pull out as many hat tricks with that feat as much as the gold left available instead of once per day.

I'm gonna ask my DM if he'll allow that houserule as well. I'm sure he'll be fine with it, considering we have a god wizard in the group.
>>
>>48750315
Im going to do my best to not just use it to pull scrolls out of my ass.

As far as I can tell, my lad is unwittingly getting information from somewhere, explaining how he always seems to have useful insight (Inspiring Commander) and is pulling scifi in Standard Fantasy Setting.
>>
So way back in 3.5 I remember there being a fairly standard metric for scaling save DCs based on player level. Does anyone recall what the was or if there is a pathfinder version of it?

I remember it being something like Average DC = 12 + CL or something like that.

Anyone recall this?
>>
>>48750438
The general scaling dc is 10+half level/hd/cl+relevent stat modifier.
>>
>>48748948
I like it, I might try that out when they get to Turtleback Ferry for the 3rd chapter.
>>48749018
I guess but then it might only play out like a one off event rather than a running gag.Which is where I think most of the charm of the problem comes from (at least for me).
>>48748773
This is pretty much definitive now, just so I can force her PC to fumble through as much of a prayer to Iomedae as possible (the PC actually is also newish to Pathfinder)
>>48748876
What miracles would you suggest? I'm thinking she randomly starts glowing whenever she says a phony prayer and it just gradually gets brighter and stays longer so when the party walks around there is just a large golden ball moving across the city.
>>
File: 1450354812267.png (29KB, 183x238px)
1450354812267.png
29KB, 183x238px
Hey /pfg/ I'm getting invited to a new campaign, and I've got a bit of an issue.
That issue being: I know relatively jack shit about pathfinder.
I know I'm wanting to make a spellcasting class, as basically every character i've been able to bring to the table (having been a foreverGM) has been a "walk/run/sneak/fly up to things, and rape their face with damage" type character, sometimes regardless of what I want them to be, in pretty much every system i've played that people considered to be focused around combat.

I'm trying to branch out for the new campaign, and here's where I'm getting stuck on making a character.
I don't know most of the classes, don't really have time to read through a ton of stuff until after the campaign has started. my first and only pathfinder character was an inquisitor, where I heard the name of the class and was instantly hooked
I know 3 things.
>it's going to be a horror style campaign
>core races are Heavily encouraged
>no 3rd party materials
Can you guys suggest some classes that aren't just "rar, I hit things with big weapons and buff myself, and occasionally have good skills like a 20 in intimidate at level 9 with 6 charisma"
Yet are simple enough that even a shitty newbie like me could play well with some reading?

I'll consider blaster mage, but I really just don't want to play another martial.
Or anything with an animal companion at all. Familiars are ok, though
>>
>>48750960
Martial = simple

If you don't want simple, you don't want martial.

Consider a paladin or magus as a decent compromise.
>>
>>48750960
Oh. I should mention 3 additional things:
The current DM has a bit of a reputation for making dick moves, and yet still being fun.
I'm thinking this is gonna be a bit of a meat grinder.
The others is that if someone who I'm fairly certain is gonna be in the game, they're gonna be a cleric of Pharasma, which shuts down my original idea of a necromancer super hard.
So, I figure if my character is big on any god, it would be that they would at least minorly worship Groetus, I kinda dig him.
plus there's no direct hate there, right?Him and pharasma get along, maybe
>>
>>48750960
Kitsune vigilante with Companion to the Lonely and Innocuous Servant.
>>
>>48750960
Honestly, people claim that wizard can be hard to get into for newbies but as someone whose first d&d character ever was a wizard, it's not all that it's hyped up to be in the "GOTTA PREPARE FOR EVERYTHING" department.

The main problem with spell casters, any of them really, is that you will have to choose what spells you want to learn or memorize as you go along. There's a ton of different guides and discussions online over what are the "optimal" choices to take but you can also just pick what tickles your fancy.
>e.g. a cleric of the party god picking enhance water spell (turns water into alcohol)

If nothing else magus lets you hit things with sword and still cast spells (though I suggest you read just enough about the class to understand how his holding charge ability works)
>>
>>48751057
>don't want to be a necromancer to piss off the cleric.

Boo, you're no fun. If it were me I'd just make the necromancer make sure to have spells and disguises ready for his undead minions and let the cleric be none the wiser.
>>
File: Robeandwizardhat.png (48KB, 388x268px) Image search: [Google]
Robeandwizardhat.png
48KB, 388x268px
>>48751052
Maybe simple is the wrong word.
I just don't want to have to waste peoples time with super complicated shit, like constantly needing to reference obscure rules, spells, or stuff, and juggle half their class features/forget half their class features.

>>48751065
Fuck off, I've been lurking here long enough to know kitsuneposters should stop forever.

>>48751067
Yeah, once the campaign actually gets started I'll probably be good with spending a decent amount of time learning/searching out guides/discussion. I'm actually reading through some of the zenith games guide to guides linked in the op right now for inspiration/help.
Just my main issue is I don't have a giant amount of time to decide, and don't want to swich characters later unless mine dies, regardless of if it would be ok with the GM (which some are, 90% sure this one is)

>>48751080
As great as that one giant comic of the cavalier vs necro and his undead butler was, I'd rather avoid that, and save my necromancer idea for when I know more, and can actually really enjoy it.
>>
>>48751103
I would honestly suggest Slayer or Alchemist, both are extremely good at what they do and are relatively-easy to remember what you do. Alchemist is especially notable for having about 3 or 4 unrelated moving parts that can be interchanged via archetypes to pretty much entirely focus the class for what you want. Beastmorph Vivisectionist (as either a Lizardfolk, Tengu, or Ragebred Skinwalker as you prefer for race) is straightforward, potent, and fun.
>>
File: 1469343791064.jpg (67KB, 393x293px)
1469343791064.jpg
67KB, 393x293px
>>48751103
Were I in your enviable position, I would consider reading over the Sacred Servant archetype for the Paladin class. It is both flexible and relatively simple, giving you ample options in all of traditional martial combat, battle casting, utility spells, and abilities with which to support your party.
>>
New Thread

>>48751271
>>48751271
>>48751271
>>48751271
>>
File: 20151231_102905.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20151231_102905.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
So my familiar has the Sage archetype.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/familiar/familiar-archetypes/sage-familiar-archetype

Instead of using its master's skill ranks, it gets 2 ranks a level. It says that it loves to lecture it's master on all things academic.
However, it does not say it allows it to speak. Now, a familiar has 6 int at lvl 1, enough to learn a language, so 1 of its 2 starting skill ranks can go into Linguistics for a language. Problem is, it's still an animal (in this case a rabbit), so it does not have the anatomy to speak, correct?

So, does the Sage not really come online until lvl 5, when you gain telepathic communication? Or, does the flavor text of the archetype imply it knows a language?
For the sake of the 1 game I ran today, the GM allowed the familiar to write in common, as it knew and understood the language with its Linguistics rank, but could not speak.
>>
>>48751282
cuck thread
>>
>>48749279
Deep pockets.

It's a shitty, unfocused class that doesn't really know what it's supposed to be, but deep pockets is DELICIOUS.
>>
>>48751592
>>48751592
>>48751592
>>48751592
ACTUAL NEW THREAD; non animoo edition
>>
>>48751465
>deep pockets
not the same anon, but holy shit that's fantastic.
I actually really like the first 3 abilities, really.
>live to tell the tale works on would be permanent effects
that's just great
I wish master scribe was just UMD instead of UMD (scrolls) though.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.