[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 42

Pathfinder General /pfg/

The great debate: Point buy (how many points?), array, or rolled? What's the best level to start games at in general?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/iYhDNSTq

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Horror Adventures: http://imgur.com/a/r2TOH
http://imgur.com/a/odYOE

Previous Thread: >>48719758
>>
Alright guys, I want to make the best grappler, currently my character is a Tetori Monk with a buttload of feats and shit for grappling

what items, feats, classes, whatever should I look into to be the best grappler possible?
>>
>>48727552
>The great debate: Point buy (how many points?), array, or rolled? What's the best level to start games at in general?
In my opinion, 25 point buy, level 3. Enough to customize on both fronts and not in danger of being shanked by hobos.
>>
>>48727552
27d6, no less than 3 die per stat, nothing over 18 before racials, level 3. One reroll of the entire pool allowed before I hand over a pre-rolled array.

>>48727622
Aberrant aegis for free str/dex/con buffs and tentacles for grapple bonuses.
>>
>>48727552

20-point buy seems like a nice, even way to kick things off. Enough to boost up the main stats without having to cripple less important ones for all but the most MAD of classes. As for levels, my experience is mostly 2-3. At that point, you have an extra hit die or two, a couple of class features, and enough money to actually buy some decent equipment. You're not out of Rusty Dagger Shanktown yet, but you have slightly better odds.
>>
So how do manifester level increases from abilities like Psionic Knack and prestige classes work, exactly? Looking at Thrallherd, it specifies: "This essentially means that she adds the level of thrallherd to the level of whatever manifesting class the character has, then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly." which implies that power points per day and powers known are separate from manifester level. On the page about psionic classes, it states that the bonus power points from high ability score depend directly on the manifester level and nothing else. This much is clear.

However, what about maximum power level known? It doesn't say that one way or another. Is it just a function of manifester level as specified on the class table, so whatever increases your manifester level increases the maximum power level known? Do prestige classes increase it(almost certainly the intended behaviour), but not other abilities that increase your manifester level? Or is it only levels in the base class and nothing else?

Interestingly, the 3.5 wording of Thrallherd does NOT have this ambiguity: "At every level from 2nd through 9th, a thrallherd gains additional power points per day and access to new powers as if she had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. "
>>
How do I stop my tiefling catfolk alchemist from always succumbing to Charm Monster and Suggestion? He's level 8 and basically always fails his Will saves even if I've tried to shore them up.

Wayfinders use random resonance tables.

DSP psionics and akasha are allowed, nothing else 3pp is.

There's a marksman in the party and we've got basically no other casters/manifesters.

Even though I've had fun with the lewd mind control situations he's gotten into, oh my~, I'd like to maybe NOT Beastmorph/Vivisectionist pounce at friends every once in a while.
>>
>>48727816
Leave
>>
>>48727816
>pounce
Figurative pounce, not literal pounce. That's coming later.
>>
>>48727552
25 PB, anything less and MAD characters aren't really viable. The campaign should start at least at level 3, higher is acceptable. I'd like to play a campaign that starts at a high level, since campaigns never last long enough to make it there.
>>
>>48727886
>starts at high level
Eh, I prefer starting relatively low. I find level 10 tends to be a great place to start when you're going for a team of already heroic adventurers; high enough that martials aren't completely obviated yet, but unquestionably powerful.
>>
I'm in a dillema, /pfg/., I really like the flavor and mechanics of the Witch class.

I don't want to be that guy playing a tier 1 class, because tier 1 classes break the game in half and that's a bad thing.

Why isn't there a six-level-spellcasting, witch-style flavor class out there?

I just want to learn the secrets of the universe from my familiar and hex people without being broken.
>>
>>48727945

Hexcrafter magus.
>>
>>48727816
What steps have you taken to shoring up your will save. Ignoring how shit your character concept and image are, what steps have you already taken that you're still falling for this shit?

>Traits for +1 will, Iron Will feat, Cloak of Resistance
>decent Wisdom, please tell me you at least have decent wisdom
>did you get any ways to reroll saves, and are you constantly getting protection from evil cast on you?
>>
>>48727945
>I don't want to be that guy playing a tier 1 class, because tier 1 classes break the game in half and that's a bad thing.
Tier 1 classes break the game only if you INTENTIONALLY try to. It's really, really fucking hard to platy super powerful full caster like that.

Never make Scrolls
Never make wands
Never use metamagic rods
Don't use long range teleportation
>>
>>48727816
Protection from Evil/Good/Lawful/Chaotic?
>>
>>48727945
If you're that committed to not being OP, it's very possible to just decide to play a witch in a non OP way.
Maybe add some self imposed restrictions, like only two schools of magic, or there's a limit on the amount of spells you can learn outside of level ups, etc.

Alternately, look at Spheres of power.
It has some witchy things and probably has a witch archetype.
>>
>>48727945

If your GM allows Spheres of Power material, you could try the spherecasting archetype of the witch class from Spheres of Power: Expanded. If you would like even greater flexibility that strains the upper boundaries of tier 3, you could also try a hedgewitch with the triple goddess archetype and either font of inspiration or spiritualism for a tradition, using one of your secrets to acquire a familiar.

Failing that, a magus (hexcrafter) can sling hexes quite well and can acquire a familiar, but that pushes you into a gish-style build.
>>
>>48727816
Parasitic Twin and Clarity of Pain from Horror Adventures.
>>
>>48727988

I guess? I don't know, though, like... can a GM assume a player won't be an asshole? I don't have a group; i"m hoping ot find a game thorugh here or the gamefinder threads, maybe...

>>48728039

I'll keep spheres in mind if I find a game!
>>
>>48727973
>Traits for +1 will, Iron Will feat, Cloak of Resistance
Yep, have all of those.

>decent Wisdom, please tell me you at least have decent wisdom
It's a 12.

>did you get any ways to reroll saves, and are you constantly getting protection from evil cast on you?
Don't have any, and we don't have casters or UMDers.
>>
>>48728349
Feat for familiar? Hedgehog nets you another +2 to Will.
>>
>>48728101
How do these work?

>>48728399
Will do.
>>
>>48728349
>no one taking UMD
>not even the alchemist

have you looked at the Pragmatic Activator talent for Int-based UMD?
>>
>>48728632
Maybe I'll take that.

How long can I get Protection from X up and running?
>>
>>48728632
>>48728647
trait, not talent, dangnabbit

A level 1 wand of Protection from Evil would be 1 minute duration. You could theoretically get one with a higher caster level, but it would be way more expensive.
>>
File: 1454461789851.jpg (38KB, 900x723px) Image search: [Google]
1454461789851.jpg
38KB, 900x723px
Furry-orcs need their own splat book.And that book should also contain mechanics and such for the slave trade in Golarion.
>>
>>48728513
Parasitic Twin is a discovery that lets you shunt a mental control effect to your twin, though it's three discoveries deep (as it requires that plus two vestigial arms).

Clarity of Pain lets you take an immediate action to do a small amount of damage to yourself and take a reroll for mind control effects.
>>
Is their any point in being a switch hitter? I mean, isn't it more optimized to focus on melee or ranged?
>>
>>48728753
>have spare feats
>take power attack, quickdraw
>spend the rest on archery
>???
>>
>>48728737
Sounds great. Thanks, /pfg/!

If he still gets mind controlled, at least he might get another chance to be put in a dress~
>>
>>48728769
Completely ass.
>>
>>48728771
Kill yourself you gay nigger faggot or at the very least keep your masturbatory fantasies to yourself and your sick little buddies.
>>
File: image.png (987KB, 1280x876px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
987KB, 1280x876px
>>48728771
I have not the image macro to covey my disgust you bring out in me, but this one will suffice for now.
>>
>>48727552
25PB. I personally am fine with level 1 play but many aren't because their character has a legitimate chance of dying due to luck and most people feel character death is an unnecessary part of the game unless it adheres to some kind of personally held social contract about appropriate levels of drama.
>>
File: stratholme.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px)
stratholme.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
>>48728817
>>
Here's a question for you, folks.

I have the opportunity to make myself into a CHArbinger instead of an INTbinger. Should I take this opportunity, or should I stick with INT?
>>
>>48728753
If you're limited to core-only, archers can have problems dealing with enemies who get to melee range. Otherwise, not really.
>>
>>48727981
No, tier 1 classes break the game by just existing. That's the definition of tier one.

Whoooops my edilon is just better than a fighter in every way and I can cast spells. Whooops, I have spells that erase armies and if I can in trouble I can teleport out and sleep in an alternate dimension. Oh, a force cage? Disintegration. Oh, a giant chasm, fly fly fly fly.
>>
>>48728963
with the right couple traits INT is so much better than CHA it's not even funny
>>
>>48727552

>8-7-2016
>This image was made 3 days ago

I like it!
>>
>>48727685
I agree, 20 points gives you a pre-racial 16, 14, 14, 12, 10, 8, which is a solid array for most characters without going overboard. I also prefer 3rd level, since it gives you the base survivability via hit points so that you're no longer in much danger of being one-shot, but at the same time there's plenty of room to grow before the level 10+ part of the game, which few campaigns move past anyway.
>>
>>48728982
Yesssssss, but Charisma is beautiful for resisting insanity, which is something the character would be good at. Also, not using those traits, and would be swapping Base 12 and Base 18 (currently 18 INT, 12 CHA, could be 18 CHA, 12 INT)
>>
>>48728963
Gareth might track you down and strangle you with your own small intestine, but if you're willing to shoulder the risk, why not?
>>
>>48729144
Why will Gareth murder me?
>>
>>48727552
20 for full-casters/manifesters, otherwise 25.
Never start at 1st. It's not just rusty-dagger-shanktown where everyone's one good roll from dropping (and might not be able to stabilize), it's also fucking boring. So many classes get so little at level 1. 3rd is fine, 6th if you want a "high" (10+) level game that won't take 6 months to actually GET to where you want it to go full-swing.
>>
>>48729171
Ah, misread, thought you said you were writing a CHAbinger
>>
>>48727552
25 point buy, level 3 with appropriate wbl
>>
>>48728963
It's a strict downgrade from INT because you lose out on all your skillpoints and your craft/spellcraft checks for disciplines, but if you like the idea enough even so then there's no reason not to do it.

>>48728976
>What is an unoptimized blaster wizard
>>
>>48727552
I used to like giving people 18-16-14-12-10-8 but then a player complained about how restricting that was so I just give people 32PB.

For starts I like 5~6.
>>
File: 1443142258657.gif (986KB, 155x155px) Image search: [Google]
1443142258657.gif
986KB, 155x155px
>>48729401
>that
>restricting

you sound like you have some pretty picky and entitled players, damn
>>
Level 3. 25 point buy. Level 1 WBL.
>>
>>48729421
Maybe they wanted to play a competent monk Maybe it was a suggestion to move to a different system
>>
>>48729421
32pb is what 18-16-14-12-10-8 costs, the player complained they wanted to be decent at everything instead of having dump stats.
In the end that player did stop playing PF but the rule change stuck.
>>
>dwarves don't have racial bonus to STR

These are some sort of faggy elf-touched dwarves.
>>
>>48729935

STR doesn't help you drink in this system, Anon.
>>
>>48729954
It helps you be a dwarf fighter though.

>dwarves are unironically better at being monks, druids, and clerics than fighters.
>>
>>48729969
I don't think +2 wis is much more helpful for a monk than a fighter.
>>
>>48727552
Getting started in pathfinder i was spoiled as hell

My gm always had us roll 4d6 take the 3 highest

A new gm shows up at the game shop and says "alright, high fantasy, 20 point buy. I'm feeling generous today"

That was the most painful character creation ever.

Personally I do d10 + 9 because of the difficulty of games i usually run but i've had successful characters in an "average joes" game with only 10 point buy.
>>
>>48729982
Isn't wisdom the primary stat for monk abilities?
>>
>>48729969
Dwarves are great at being most of the centrally trained religious classes. Clerics, Inquisitors, & warpriests. Dwarves, having a traditionalist and religious society, are good at being religious classes.

Monks & Druids, being classes that remove themselves from society often to be relatively hermit like, also fit dwarven stereotypes.

What would you think they should have instead?

+Str, +Con, -Cha?

A Wise Hardy folk makes sense for dwarves.
>>
>>48730005
Yeah, but monk abilities are shit.
>>
>>48730000
If you're such a big baby that 20PB makes you cringe then grow a pair.
>>
>>48730010
>dwarves
>wise

Racial bonus's for
>Hatred
>Greed
>Implying most dwarves in any given stronghold aren't fighters, and dwarven defenders.

Yeah dwarves should probably be +2 str +2 con -2 cha. If anything they should probably have minus wisdom since every dwarf city that falls is pretty much because of digging too greedily and too deep.
>>
>>48730022
Some people like having a set of stats, and not having to choose which to raise and lower. It's much easier to hit the random button and assign from there than it is take the time to determine which stat is the most important to your character at which value.
>>
>>48730022
Did you even read my post? that was the first time i used point buy...

I also said i've had success with 10 point buy, so what the hell is your problem?
>>
>>48728771
>>
Any general tips for playing Inquisitor?
>>
>>48730085
The monk conversation was this >>48729982 post.
>>
>>48727552
Array. Always array. 16, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8. 25pb equivalent with no 18s.
>>
>>48730128
I know exactly what I quoted but now realize it works for both.
>>
>>48729889
I can sympathize with that player if I'm being honest. I don't care about the amount of points the array is worth, the only difference that makes is the power level of the game. I don't like having anything selected for me or pre-generated. I prefer rolling over point buy and I prefer when everyone is at the table and we roll together one at a time in a sort of ceremony fashion.

I always roll health too and always roll it in front of everyone. Its bit me in the ass a few times and it SUCKS getting 1-3 hp on a level up, but I'm a gambling man.
>>
>>48730114

Sanctified Slayer is a really great archetype if you don't wanna deal with Judgments.
>>
Is this what a Dragon mystery oracle's backstory should be like?
>>
>>48730361
>Fuck man, you ever just think about dragons? Like holy shit, how do they fly? Why do they get so damn old? Why the whole colors thing?

>Dragons man, fuckin' weird
>>
>>48730361

No. That dragon's much too small, for one thing. The scenario would require it to alter self into humanoid form.
>>
>>48730371
Did you hear about how there are SPACE dragons? What do they even do in space?
Whoa
>>
>>48730361
>comic has dragon rape and tits
>doesn't want to show post-birth vagina.

Fucking pansies.
>>
Is there a stat generation method that combines rolling and point buy?

Like you roll and then you point buy afterwards.
>>
>>48730437
Probably a roll with some caveats like roll again if score is 7 or lower; 19 or higher. No more than two 18s. etc.
>>
>>48730437
Everyone rolls, you take the highest roll, convert it into point buy, let everyone use that point buy.

Honestly I don't see the point compared to the GM just setting the powerlevel they want.
>>
>>48730437
That seems like it'd defeat the purpose of both point buy and rolling.
>>
>>48727552
20 point-buy if I'm with people who know what they're doing and we're playing 3.PF with more-than-average cheese, 25 point-buy if it's PF-only and/or with people who are newer to the game or not as skilled at character-creation. Level 3 is the lowest no exceptions; it's enough to get you 2 bonus feats and three levels worth of class features to get you started (which is enough to get, for instance, Weapon Finesse + Deadly Agility or Power Attack + Furious Focus going).
>>
>>48729368
>>What is an unoptimized blaster wizard
Fun
>>
>>48728976
>Whoooops my edilon is just better than a fighter in every way and I can cast spells.
I mean, this is never actually true. An optimized fighter blows an optimized eidolon out of the water.
>>
>>48730544
At like level 20, where the Eidolon has stopped scaling sizes, the Fighter has +7 to hit and damage from class features and a single item, and automatically crits for more damage. Dial it back to level 10 and that is in no way the case.
>>
Alright /pfg/ I have a request, could you list for me all archetypes and classes third party or otherwise that are associated with insects, swarms, and vermin? I'm trying to make a character based around those themes and I'm not sure what class to play.
>>
Is it worth it for a Warder to take a level in Bloodrager to get Bloodrage?

I would choose Bloodrager over Barbarian to get the Arcane Bloodline Arcana to increase concentration DCs to cast within threatened range.
>>
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?492385-STARFINDER-Here-s-The-List-Of-Classes-Release-Date-And-More!

>Solarian - Balance of the universe between Energy and Entropy. Embraces two sets of powers for each, using them effects the power of the other. Light and Heat, vs Gravity. Could make a Jedi with this class, mystical melee. Has a mote of stellar energy that can be used to form energy weapons or armor.

Does anyone else think the Solarian will be a hype as fuck tier 3 class?
>>
>>48730735
Might be interesting. Also interesting how they basically condensed all the core classes together. Might actually be balanced alright.
>>
>>48730735
>Paizo
>Hype
No.
>>
>>48728945
Yes that will do nicely, thank you anon.
>>
>>48730735
>Hype

Man, I was hyped for the kineticist before it came out, don't do this to me.
>>
File: donfuck!ngo.gif (2MB, 500x227px) Image search: [Google]
donfuck!ngo.gif
2MB, 500x227px
I'm creatively bankrupt.

How do I bring a machiavellian drow sorcerer, a goblin hitman, a kindly kobold wizard, and a dwarven barbarian together into a cohesive adventuring party?
>>
>>48730776

There's always hope, but I'm going to be very annoyed if nothing has been learned and my friend that wants to play the hacker is restrained from breaking campaigns over his knee purely by his goodwill while my friend who wants to play her sniper from Mass Effect gets disappointed by gunfighting being ass and fighty classes having nothing to do while the hacker's showing off out of combat, again.
>>
>>48729431
>Maybe they wanted to play a competent monk
Dwarf. Str. 14, Dex. 18, Con. 14, Int. 10, Wis. 18, Cha. 6. Light on skills, but otherwise quite solid.
>>
>>48730408
i know man, the world is full of messed up hypocrites.
>>
>>48730858

Money. Loot. Bread. Lucre. Clams. Loot. Swag. Wonga.
>>
>>48730858
Metagame. Metagaming isn't always bad, asking the players to find a reason to travel together is fine.
>>
>>48730892
Well, except for the monk part.
>>
>>48730000
4d6 take the highest three averages 13 per stat, 20 point buy lets you get a 14 and five 13's. Statistically speaking, 20 point buy is strictly better. Even if you consider a bit of a spread for 14, 14, 13, 13, 12, 12 (4d6k3 is heavily weighted toward the average), that's still exactly 20 points, so it's an even trade. The only time 20 points is worse is when you get really lucky, but that happens very rarely, and it's almost as likely that you'll get very unlucky.

Unless you cheat when rolling your stats, in which case you can feel free to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>48730915
only one of the party members really cares about money. the other have abstract social goals which don't align with each other.
>>48730921
I guess I can give this a try, thanks.
>>
>>48730077
If you don't know which stats are important to your character at this point, you shouldn't be the one creating your character. Tell the GM what you want and let them make it for you.

If you're creating your own character, you should know enough about the game to know what's important. And even if you still insist on not choosing your stats, the book even gives you a list or pregenerated arrays using the point values. Just pick one based on whether your character is SAD or MAD, then assign appropriately, just as if you had rolled those numbers.
>>
>>48730963

>Only one of the party members really cares about money

You lucky motherfucker. Half the time two-thirds of my party won't do shit until an NPC waves a bag of sweeties at them to take the fucking plot hook.
>>
>>48730974
It's not about knowing which stats are important, it's also choosing between how to weigh each stat. The point was that sometimes people just like having the stats already handed out to them as an array or from rolling.
>>
What's a good +1 enhancement for a zweihander sentinel's greatsword? I want to do something other than just give it more +1s.
>>
>>48731003
Isn't there a +2 in the WMH that lets you shoot beams out of your sword at a 10ft range increment? That's pretty neat.
>>
>>48730931
Well, yeah. Gotta hope for that Unchained Monk, they're pretty badass, for martials.
>>
>>48731003
Keen is always good.
>>
>>48730981
>And even if you still insist on not choosing your stats, the book even gives you a list or pregenerated arrays using the point values. Just pick one based on whether your character is SAD or MAD, then assign appropriately, just as if you had rolled those numbers.
>>
>>48731003
Courageous.
>>
>>48731012
I just so happen to have been playing an expy of saber from F/SN, so that would be perfect for me.
Do you remember what it's called?
>>
>>48731037
Sharding - page 30
>>
File: WILDSTAR-Chua-l.jpg (76KB, 552x656px)
WILDSTAR-Chua-l.jpg
76KB, 552x656px
>>48730735

I'm not going to lie, some of that stuff actually does sound pretty rad. And yeah, I'm kind of excited.

And my excitement will probably be cruelly betrayed, but hey, life's too short to get hung up on disappointment.
>>
>>48731048
Thanks, we EXCARIBA now
>>
>>48731031
Right, I didn't have an issue with that part
>>
>>48731031
Every time I'm told 25pb, I hear "16, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8 array".
>>
>>48730980
if I could wave a bag of money at this party my problem would be solved.
>>
Anybody feel like generously sharing the Little Red Goblin Games Necropunk PDFs? They aren't in the trove and have been out for a few years now.
>>
>>48731107
That's the part that solves your issue. Want to assign an array instead of spending points? Just pick one of the listed arrays based on your point buy value and assign it. Here, I'll make it even easier for you:

If you're playing a SAD class, your arrays are:
10: Kill your GM immediately.
15p: 17, 12, 12, 10, 10, 8
20p: 18, 14, 10, 10, 10, 8
25p: 18, 14, 14, 10, 10, 8
30p: 18, 16, 14, 10, 10, 8

If you're playing a MAD class, your arrays are:
10p: No, seriously. Use fire.
15p: 14, 14, 14, 12, 10, 8
20p: 16, 14, 14, 12, 10, 8
25p: 16, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8
30p: 16, 16, 16, 12, 10, 8
>>
>>48730735
Only 7 classes? That's pathetic. Fucking 2e AD&D had 8 classes in the player's handbook, and sub-classes for priests and mages. 3e launched with 11, and despite its other failings 5e at least had 12.
>>
>>48731252
I'm guessing they've realized that with archetypes aplenty, you don't need 70 different classes, you just need 7 classes with 10 archetypes each.

I've been advocating something like this for a long time. You don't need Fighter, Cavalier, Paladin, Ranger, and Barbarian when you can have Fighter for the base chassis (d10 hit die, high BAB, low skills, combat focused) and just add in archetypes that change out some features for others. When you build the system from the ground up to work like that (as opposed to tacking it on afterward like with Pathfinder), you can end up with a much more elegant and streamlined class system.

Honestly, seeing only 7 classes gives me a bit more hope for how Starfinder will turn out. I'm still not willing to get excited until I see more, of course, but I'm not quite as pessimistic as I was.

Although I will say that seeing something as specific as the Solarion was a bit of a letdown. I run my own homebrew settings, so I prefer less flavor-specific classes in base books.
>>
File: armor_splint_mail.png (102KB, 159x400px)
armor_splint_mail.png
102KB, 159x400px
Hey /tg/ DM is letting play warlord from Pow and I'm confused about the whole maneuver level thing. Can I take 4th level maneuver at level 4?

on a side note holy fuck these things are broken if that is that case.
>>
>>48728976
I find it's helpful to make a tier 1 support characters. Flying around and nullifying encounters makes you a dick, but powering up the party to the point where they're kicking ass makes you a bro.
>>
>>48731317
>(d10 hit die, high BAB, low skills, combat focused)

Pretty sure you don't need that Chasis in the first place as it's a shit chasis.
>>
>>48731348
No, treat them like spells. At level 4 you have access to 2nd level maneuvers.
>>
>>48731348
No, they're like spells, you gain a maneuver level every odd level up to 17.
>>
>>48731348
No, it's just like magic: you're a full initiator, so you can take a maneuver of a level equal to your initiator level divided by two, rounded up. Just look at the Wizard's spells per day table: the highest level spell a Wizard of your level can cast is also the highest level maneuver you can learn.
>>
>>48731368
>>48731376
>>48731386

ok cool, thanks
>>
>>48731386
>>48731376

Note: This is not 100% right (Though close enough for single class characters)

Other classes count 1/2 for this purpose unlike with spellcasting. So a Warlord 3/Rogue 4 won't have Warlord 3 access but warlord 5 access.
>>
How to play a thief that is almost always stealthed? I want to try to play a Mesmerist that buffs/debuffs/casts spells from the shadows in combat while also using "Disguise", "Stealth", and "Bluff" to go around and steal stuff from shops (likely magic shops) to buff myself and the party. The problem is, I have never seen anyone play a pure thief before; likely because stealing extremely powerful magic items and getting away with it could break a game's balance. How would I play this sort of character effectively without getting on the party's nerves (I was planning on constantly bluffing and lying) or without incurring an angry DM's wrath? Also, what will likely happen if I do play a character that steals, hides, disguises, and tends to follow the party from the shadows, only showing up when they call for her? Anyone play a kleptomaniac character before that can share their experiences/any DMs that could share how they'd deal with such a steal-happy/trick everyone for her own benefit type of character?
>>
>>48731365
Only because so few of the classes that currently have it are supported with good class features. Again, when building the system from scratch, you can design things better from the beginning. They may have to worry about compatibility, but they have the chance to . I'm not sure if they'll be smart enough to take that chance, but I'm hoping they do. Until then, though, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

At the very least, I'll get what I have now in Pathfinder: a system that has problems, but one that pretty solidly hits the sweet spot of usability versus popularity. Pathfinder works well enough as a system to use most of the time, as long as you put a little work in, and it has a huge user base that makes it relatively easy to find players... and if that's the best we get out of Starfinder, I'll be happy. If it turns out even better than that, then I'll be even happier.
>>
>>48731426
That's why I said initiator level, not class level. Non-initiating classes increase your initiator level by 1/2 per level, which is why they grant access to higher level maneuvers.
>>
>>48731443
>They may have to worry about compatibility, but they have the chance to .
Whoops, started skipping around in the text and forgot to finish a sentence.

They have a chance to build a system without having to cling to the old 3e traditions too closely, due to the different genre and another degree of separation.
>>
>>48731441
You should play a kender, they've got great racial bonuses to this sort of thing.
>>
>>48731505
A what? I can't seem to find the race on the pfsrd.

Also, more than anything, I am just worrying that this sort of character would be extremely gamebreaking/it's not able to be pulled off as I expect.
>>
>>48731542
Think halfling, plus a lack of understanding of property rights... they didn't steal your trinket, they were just looking at it and forgot to put it back. In the lore, they're friendly and well-liked, charming and playful. Whenever someone tries to play one, though, they just use it as an excuse to steal everything that isn't nailed down, and fail horribly at trying to be charming when they get caught.

Kender are like Paladins. They're not inherently bad, it's just that nobody seems to be able to play them well.
>>
>>48731542
I was being facetious.

But yeah, it's not really a good idea for the reasons you've mentioned - and also that you're going OKAY I'M STEALTHED I'M STEALTHED NOW I STEAL FROM SOMEONE AM I STILL STEALTHED while the rest of the party is trying to get stuff done.

I would not recommend playing a character who doesn't really interact with the party.
>>
Here's a question for you, /PFG/: Does the extra damage from Sands of Time Tornado and Time Thief's Talons multiply on a crit?
>>
>>48731617
No.
>>
>>48731617
Is it dice? Then no.
Is it precision? Then no.
Does is specifically say it isn't multiplied? Then no.
Is it static non-precision damage? Then yes.
>>
>>48730963
You are clearly not giving them enough cash or they do not realize how important cash is to their other endeavors.

But you could give them a job from a Mr. Johnson that gives them enough clout/money/power to make good on their dreams.
>>
>>48731588
Oh yeah, I wouldn't be able to make that a race only for the reason that she is very understanding that she is stealing and that stealing is a crime, thus the reason she is so good at bluffing and disguising herself.

>>48731595
She'd be interacting with the party normally, just during downtime or while we are not doing anything too important she'd be off taking what she wants or hypnotizing a lone shop owner into giving his most valuable items to her.

Normally she would be interacting with the party by asking them a lot of questions and trying to understand what makes them tick. She is the type of mesmerist that enjoys learning about others and watching them closely while closely observing their reactions to everything she says or does around them. She'd be the type who also enjoys playing with enemies like puppets and watching them squirm as she acts as an ominous unseen force the enemies can't bother to find due to being too preoccupied with her allies beating the snot out of them while she controls the battlefield/makes them save-or-suck.

TL;DR
She's a kleptomaniac hypnotist with a curiosity for how others' minds work, thus she'd interact with the party often enough to make her an actual party member.
>>
>>48731354
I do agree, if you gotta break the game break it by making the party awesome instead of soloing the game.
>>
>>48731626
>>48731689
Ummm...

Which of these is correct? It's a flat untyped bonus equal to twice my initiation modifier.
>>
File: 1459500187065.png (398KB, 854x645px) Image search: [Google]
1459500187065.png
398KB, 854x645px
>party is deathly allergic to politics
>would rather stay as murderhobos than becomes lords, generals, scholars or advisors.
>>
>>48731775
Bonus damage dice are not multiplied, and precision damage is not multiplied. Any other type of damage is multiplied unless it's specifically called out as not multiplied. A flat untyped bonus is neither bonus damage dice nor is it precision damage, so as long as the maneuver doesn't specifically say that it's not multiplied... it gets multiplied.

I don't know how the "Just saying the word 'no' is a perfectly valid explanation of my point." dumbass is arriving at his dumbass answer, but it's wrong.
>>
File: 96a4f0fa3eca7a9543152c5fe07cb80e.jpg (183KB, 1052x744px) Image search: [Google]
96a4f0fa3eca7a9543152c5fe07cb80e.jpg
183KB, 1052x744px
>>48731823
Don't hide it from me, /pfg/
How did your last character die?

And yes, that is a banana mount
>>
File: 563lfAYzL8cyHJipTfd0ly.jpg (18KB, 370x320px) Image search: [Google]
563lfAYzL8cyHJipTfd0ly.jpg
18KB, 370x320px
>>48731823
That's fine, I don't want to get into politics either!
>>
>>48731856
decapitate after boasting about his invulnerability.
>>
>>48731856
My ratfolk alchemist got nat20 critted by an ogre.

To be fair, I was trying to divert its attention away from our exhausted dying barb so that our paladin can heal him.

I did not expect that crit. And I had a good 30 AC from buffs.
>>
>>48731854
Dumbass here.

I was under the impression that strike damage was never multiplied on a crit, and I apologize.
>>
>>48731775
>>48731854
As both of the listed abilities were maneuvers...

No, they do not multiply.

>. You can make a critical hit with a strike, but you do not multiply extra damage from a strike when calculating the critical hit damage.

PoW page 31. Otherwise imagine Utter Commitment with critfishing. Brr.
>>
>>48731856
Absent-mindedness. I was playing an Arcanist in the middle of a fight involving a horde of blade-fingered zombie things. I had turned invisible, and was using shatter combined with the fact that targeting the floor under a creature isn't technically an attack to send a bunch of them down to the lower floor to give us some breathing room (while remaining invisible). I didn't think about it much until a few rounds later when I had to let off a real attack to save a party member, thus turning me visible... just as the zombie things I had dropped arrived at the stairs that I was standing right next to. I got shredded to bits.

One of my favorite characters, too.
>>
File: capitalism ho!.jpg (194KB, 512x512px)
capitalism ho!.jpg
194KB, 512x512px
>>48731870
WHY!? You could have been lords of kingdoms, you could have a castle, an army and the adoration of people.

You could have taxed them so you wouldn't have to worry about gold ever again. You could have dreamt bigger things, like expansion and conquest.

Instead, you're here, now. killing dire rats in tavern basements for free food and lodging.
>>
>>48731928
You were correct. Strike bonus damage, even if it's flat, is not multiplied. This is an extension of the normal rules that bonus DICE are not multiplied.
>>
>>48731856
Killed by my own arrogance.
While the rest of party decided to escape a charging mammoth horde, I decided to hold my ground with emergency force sphere.

That did not go as well as I'd hoped.
>>
>>48731948
Some characters (and some players) just have smaller goals in-mind. You want to become famous without being tied to a single location. Or maybe you just want to keep your family loaded for the next five generations thanks to how much money you're making over the course of 20 levels, settling down with your sweetheart and having a happily-mundane family.
>>
>>48731943
Hmm. Okay, I need to add that bit to the checklist: "Do the base rules for the subsystem you're using specify that the damage isn't multiplied? Then, no." My mistake, sorry.

>>48731928
Sorry dumbass, you're less of a dumbass than I though.
>>
>>48731948
>Worrying about all that shit.

Yeah, RESPONSIBILITY is a crucial part of escapism, not something to be escaped!
>>
>>48731948
Don't be a huge bitch, Recette.
Without adventurers, you wouldn't be able to make a profit.
>>
>>48731823
Most people who want to do political games are absolute horseshit at it. They want to pretend to do a political game, occasionally kill an assassin, expose a mustache twirling evil demon worshiping adviser, and get free duchies.

I've had players say "we want politics" and get BTFO because they can't do simple navigation or avoid obvious goads.
>>
>>48731948
Yeah, I could be sitting in a boring throne room or whatever, listening to some dumb shit or another drone on and on about mud or pigs or some shit... instead of leaping into the fray axe-first, listening to the blood sing in my ears as I defy death yet again to bring destruction to my enemies.

Gee, I wonder why I would possibly pass that up?
>>
>>48731995
Don't worry, I'll be hilariously wrong about something else in the future, and you can make fun of me then.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x960px)
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x960px
>>48732015
Oh please, I often just stop using the dungeon after I get the mage's requested items.
>>
>>48732028
What if I told you you could be leaders to a viking raiding party? or generals who get first take of the loot for sieging the walls first? or chiefs of a landshneckt charter?
>>
File: xgc9gMD.png (151KB, 455x511px) Image search: [Google]
xgc9gMD.png
151KB, 455x511px
>>48731948
>Instead, you're here, now. killing dire rats in tavern basements for free food and lodging

They don't come cheap for 1st level adventurers in rusty dagger shanktown
>>
>>48731948

Who wants a kingdom? All I need is an island governorship, a loving wife, a good drink and maybe some nice music while we watch our kids get up to their usual antics on the beach.
>>
>>48732128
The only politics involved in those begins and ends with the sharp end of your sword.
>>
>>48732128
>What if I told you you could be leaders to a viking raiding party? or generals who get first take of the loot for sieging the walls first? or chiefs of a landshneckt charter?
None of those generally spend their time engaging in detailed politics. I don't mind getting involved in a politically motivated fight, it's just that I want to be the one doing the fighting, not the politicking. Politicking is boring, fighting is fun. Give me a title if you want, just don't expect me to care much about it, or to spend much time dealing with petty political bullshit.
>>
File: 1378331328584.png (33KB, 298x300px)
1378331328584.png
33KB, 298x300px
>>48732028
>>48732225

You are aware that the vast majority of "blood-lusting berserkers" throughout history have yearned for little more than a soft silk pillow and a tight boy butt to penetrate, right?

"I live to fight" is a ludicrous philosophy that holds no water in the real or imagined world beyond self-destructive sociopaths and Orcs.

Are you an orc?
>>
>>48731856
I had to leave for 1 week from the game I was in to attend my friend's funeral. I told the DM that this is what was up and he said it was alright; he'd just have my character sleep on the airship. The next week, when we met up again, the party apparently was stopping a gargantuan sized homebrewed apocalypse monster (apparently just a minion in the grand scheme of things) from destroying the city. I had my character come down from the airship to try to help the party. The first thing I did was cast a mind affecting spell. This is when shit went down; my DM told me that I had to roll a will-save instead of the monster. I failed it and apparently got cursed by the monster, who put an uncurable death hex on him in the first round. The DM then began calling me an idiot and saying "For fucksakes. This is what you get for not listening when your allies find out information. Maybe this'll teach you a lesson". I was confused and he said that we were told last week that these creatures could enter the mind and kill whoever tried to enter their mind; which one person found out by asking a mysterious deity-level man that infiltrated our ship to drop us information about the upcoming battle. I then reminded him that I was not here last week due to being at a friend's funeral. He then went full damage control and pretty much said "well it's not my fault if you miss crucial campaign information because you skip out on a session". Needless to say, I was slightly annoyed at that.

The curse actually didn't kill my character, because apparently we had something on the ship that could turn my character into a part machine-man. The theory was that the curse couldn't affect me completely if I ended up as part of the "hivemind" (a robot army controlled by the ship).
>>
File: 1440950646163.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1440950646163.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>48731948
>>48732183

>mfw my character went adventuring to rescue his wife and child
>mfw at the end of the campaign my character rescued his wife and child
>mfw the NPCs clamored for my character to continue on and kill monsters
>mfw he said "fuck that" and moved to a pleasant slice of the countryside to fuck his wife and have more kids
>>
>>48732282

This went completely against my character's phobia, a fear of being controlled/manipulated against his will (which the DM had us take for flavor reasons), so I naturally had my character say "fuck that, we need to find another way to save me". The party then got the full story about the curse when the mystery deity man showed up and told us that if we didn't get rid of the curse within a week, I'd turn into an apocalypse monster that was more powerful than the last one. The party then said "either become a machine or we kill you right here". After a lot of roleplaying and a few self-dictated willsaves, I had my guy overcome his phobia and agree to it (because the only other option was death at the hands of his comrades). Then, halfways through the machine process, one of the guys said "You know, this might not even save him. I don't want to take the chance; I'm gonna go in and kill him anyways". The party then agreed that my character was too much of a risk to keep alive and they went into his pod while he was unconscious and still being worked upon and killed him in cold blood (while he couldn't defend himself). I then got scolded by the DM and told that "I didn't want to kill your character, he was a really cool character that added a lot to the story, but this is what happens when you skip even a single day of my campaign."
>>
>>48732301

Extremely annoyed, I was told to reroll a character who was level 3 (while the rest of the party was lvl 9). I then spent the next week creating a chaotic neutral fighter that used intimidate rolls to help supplement her fighting abilities. They instantly knocked her out during her introduction when she chased a pickpocket who stole her stuff, then started trying to smash down the door he locked; their reasoning "she looked like a criminal, so we just delivered justice" (the guy who said this was the one who PK'd the last character and previously PK'd my character with his lawful stupid paladin in a previous game we played that got cancelled not too shortly before this one). They then took my character in, because they couldn't leave this girl they just fucked up in the streets to die. When she woke up, she forgave the party and immediately started making moves on the party Cleric (as she was a lesbian and the Cleric was an extremely cute girl). The Cleric character was shy but happy about the forwardness, when suddenly one of our party members (who was annoyed due to personal reasons out of character) started screaming "GIRLS CAN'T LOVE GIRLS! THAT'S A FORBIDDEN LOVE!" over and over like an meme-spouting autist and immediately made a called shot on my hands to chop them off (because my girl went in to hold the Cleric's hands); needless to say, his level 9 extremely magic item equipped character was able to cut off my barely equipped level 3 character's hands. The Cleric then freaked out and tried healing my girl while that player started freaking out at me above board, then trying to justify his character's sudden retardation with "well his wife left him for a lesbian, so he hates all lesbians".
>>
File: EfxRYlj.jpg (294KB, 1525x1075px)
EfxRYlj.jpg
294KB, 1525x1075px
>>48732128
>you will never play a landsknecht, wearing the most gaudiest clothes, the biggest sword you can find and just wreck shit for gold and glory in fantasy germany.
>>
File: [SAVE ME].jpg (67KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
[SAVE ME].jpg
67KB, 500x550px
>>48732312
>>48732301
>>48732282

Jesus fucking Christ where do you find these people, I would've left after the DM started bad-mouthing my dead friend.
>>
>>48732251

You have a problem with orcs, buddy?
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (339KB, 710x508px) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
339KB, 710x508px
>>48732321

You could easily do this by playing a Zweihander Sentinel and finding a campaign that's actually built around the 30 Years War.

Protip: Good luck with murdering all those peasants because they had gold in the village!
>>
>>48732312
It was then that I knew that my character was just gonna be a punching bag for the party (likely with the guy that PK'd my last two characters, and knocked out this one in her introduction, aiming to PK my character once again). That's when I said "Okay, I'm done" and left that game.

The guy who PK'd my characters and knocked out this one then said I was being childish and got angry at me for leaving the group. The DM also got annoyed and repeated that none of this would have ever happened if I only showed up to his games on time, which was stupid and ironic, as other than that one leave of absence for my friend's funeral, I was the only one who showed up every session on-time every time.

As a side-note, I'm looking for a game if anyone is willing to pick me and one of my buds up. We're very good at being on time and are looking to hopefully join a long-lasting game/group of individuals that we can have a grand time with.

TL;DR
I got a death curse on my character for not knowing something explained during a week I was not at the game, as I needed to attend my friend's funeral. The DM got angry at me and blamed me for not showing up and saying it was a fitting punishment for "skipping his game". The party then gave my character an ultimatum that went against his phobia; become a mindless robot or die. He chose to become a mindless robot and they killed him anyways while he was being transformed. I then made a new character, had the character immediately knocked out, then had her hands chopped off for being a lesbian. I left the game annoyed with the players and I was the one known as an asshole. Now I'm looking for a game.
>>
>>48732359
Good luck finding a DM who gives a fuck about germanic/ottoman culture to run a campaign around it.
>>
File: 1441948258194.jpg (64KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1441948258194.jpg
64KB, 645x773px
>>48732371
jesus christ m8
>>
File: 1456757779197.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1456757779197.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
>>48732386

But anon, I'm building a setting with an extremely prominent Not!HRE set roughly around the same time as the 30 Years War that includes everything from religious to ideological strife threatening to rip the empire apart.
>>
>>48732298

This guy knows what's up.
>>
So, let's imagine terribad stats. Like, just shitty around the board, or maybe one good/decent stat around 15-16, the others strongly middling or negative.

What can I do to at least be viable, class-wise?
Aside from, you know, a single decent score and going full-caster.
>>
>>48732344
I joined a group of individuals from a 4chan gaming group. I became friendly with them over a year and got invited to a Pathfinder game.

I suspect that the DM was a Tumblrite/Redditor rather than a 4chan anon, as he literally got whipped by a girl that joined the chat a few months back and started demanding everything be censored for her and that people start acting more sensitive. The guy was an admin of the group and straight up started banning people that pissed the girl off, as he obviously was trying to woo her with retarded whiteknighting. Also, he's extremely anti-Trump and flips shit if you insult Bernie Sanders.

I stopped talking to him after that game. The rest of the people were random 4chan anons also in the group, but these ones were more confirmed than the DM.
>>
When you're wearing a headband of bonus charisma, do you qualify for feats that require charisma that you can only get to with the headband?
>>
>>48732442
Just go ninth cas-

Oh, nevermind.
>>
>>48732451
Sounds like you're just making stuff up, desu. Or reading your own biases into it.
>>
>>48732451

So basically what you're telling me is that the best way to find one of these insufferable groups is to trawl the Gamefinder thread.
>>
File: image.gif (58KB, 752x752px)
image.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>>48732282
>>48732301
>>48732312
>>48732371
What the absolute fuck, I refuse to believe this ever happened because no sane man would stay after hearing his dead friends was to blame for that.
>>
>>48732451
>anti-Trump
>pro-Bernie Sanders

So... he's a sane human being?
>>
>>48732442
Martial: Barbarian. You're going to self-buff your most important stats and be able to do well enough, put that 14 or 16 into Wisdom.
Arcane: Alchemist or Occultist. They've got a ton of options and are perfectly-serviceable with middling/bad stats. Both even have buffing methods for whatever stat you need.
Divine: Inquisitor. Same as above, but less buff-y and more kill-y.
>>
File: 4094456.png (22KB, 246x218px)
4094456.png
22KB, 246x218px
>>48732498
No, no politics!
>>
>>48732476
Not at all. Why does it seem like I'm making this up?

>>48732492
He didn't blame my friend, he blamed me for not being there. He straight up ignored the fact that it was me going to his funeral and just tried to damage control it so that he wasn't the one in the wrong and that his death curse on my character wasn't a dick move.
>>
>>48732500
Thanks, that actually sounds kind of what I was thinking, but I wanted to be sure. Guess I should finally read the occult book.

One other question, what about bloodragers/skald? They seem like they'd have the best of rages and low buff spells together, or am I missing something?
>>
>>48732484
Actually, they were people I met through an anon I did a favor for and became really friendly with outside of 4chan. I didn't look for them, I just kinda got introduced to them. There were a lot more than just them in the gaming group and I'm still on good terms with most of the others. The DM tried to start drama up against me, but most of the group members took my side because I literally didn't do anything and they were getting sick of his shit also (apparently I'm not the only one who dislikes him for shit he's done).
>>
File: juju2.jpg (76KB, 736x943px) Image search: [Google]
juju2.jpg
76KB, 736x943px
/tg/, talk to me about Bones vs JuJu mysteries for an oracle. Which do you prefer? Which is more useful/powerful? Which is more fun?
>>
>>48732451
All my best players, I fished out of 4chan.

They may be crass, buffoons who laugh at their own board culture jokes, discuss monstergirl waifus and sneak in magical realms.

But they're a lot less disruptive, a lot less of a buzzkill and a lot less insufferable than anyone I found lurking tumblr or reddit.
>>
File: 1462225810477.png (246KB, 600x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1462225810477.png
246KB, 600x1052px
>>48732639
We love you too, faggot. Now assume your position.
>>
>>48732371
Holy shit, bro, I'm sorry. Where the fuck did you find those wastes of oxygen?
>>
File: spooky.gif (691KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.gif
691KB, 500x500px
>>48732632
Ask your DM first if he'll allow you to wreck action economy by summoning several spooky skellies.
>>
>>48732639
That's the type of group I've been looking for all along. I haven't found any, though. It makes it even harder to find a group like that when I am trying to find a group that'll let my friend in with me also; I'm trying to teach him how to be good at Pathfinder so that he'll get experienced enough to eventually DM his own game (which is what he really wants to do).

>>48732673
Refer to: >>48732583
>>
>>48732666
Is that a trap, Satan? If not, can we make it a trap? I'd like that very much.
>>
Hey, /pfg/, I'm playing a D&D game of Ptolus and I had a question about some tech stuff. So, in Ptolus, they have Steam-powered Keelboats. I was curious if this would be a high enough level of steam-power technology to allow my character to develop a steam-powered warship?

As an interesting note, I essentially formed a private navy to control the trade in the Ptolus Bay (Akin to the Baltic in size) and may soon start working on a private militia to fight the bandit and gang problems the guards aren't. I find it hilarious that my Paladin is essentially building a group of Blackshirts.
>>
>>48732705
All's good, skellies approved, though since we're starting at level one it'll be a bit.
>>
>>48732742
No one was even talking about trap finding, why would you even bring that up? I am glad, though, that I can take a trait to just entirely replace the rogue class.
>>
>>48732742
>If not, can we make it a trap? I'd like that very much.

Why can't she just be a normal human girl with human genitalia?
>>
>>48732721
Where you at lfg-anon?
>>
>>48732632
Juju is always best for Necromancers. If you want a scary undead army, then go Juju.
>>
>>48732771
Because traps are best fetish.

If magical realms type of stuff weren't almost always so cringeworthy, I'd prolly make a trap character.
>>
File: 1470074501022.jpg (425KB, 750x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1470074501022.jpg
425KB, 750x1050px
>>48732742
>He hasn't watched Girls und Panzer
Pick that shit up, nigga
>>
>>48732804
You can make a trap character, just put points into disguise so you never get caught. It if doesn't come up in game it doesn't matter, besides you were only posing as a different sex to help better hide yourself from your royal family that you ran away from.
>>
>>48732804
>Because traps are best fetish.

No they aren't.

Guys disguised as girls? Seriously? I always assumed voluptuousness and size difference were best fetishes.
>>
>>48732883
>Guys disguised as girls
No. Feminine guys with soft features and clothes.
>>
>>48732915

At that point, wouldn't you rather just have a girl?
>>
Say I get to play an Eberron changeling, what character archetype and class should I build around? Prepared vancian casting is a no go because I hate it.
>>
>>48732937
No!
>>
>>48732942
Hidden Blade UnRogue or Night Terror Vigilante if you're allowed 3rd-party, Inquisitor of some flavor or another if you're only allowed 1st-party.
>>
>>48732942
beguiler
>>
File: 1454148199373.jpg (373KB, 950x1100px)
1454148199373.jpg
373KB, 950x1100px
>>48732964
Ooh, vigilante might work...
>>
>>48732883
>not liking girly boys
>not wanting to play a character that is extremely weak and effeminate, looking like a delicate noble lady
>not wanting "her" to react to every battle by hiding
>not wanting your entire party to get wiped out by a group of horny orcs
>not wanting your character to be abducted and used as a "breeding sow" by the orcs, who don't care that he can't actually get pregnant with their child
What are you, some sort of faggot? I bet you don't even like fucking a cute trap's ass while refusing to let them touch themselves, forcing them to have dry orgasms through your stimulating their prostate with your rock hard manhood. I pity you, anon.
>>
>>48732359
>Good luck with murdering all those peasants because they had gold in the village!
Don't forget to check the forge for valuables.
>>
File: tickler_ffg_7620.jpg (54KB, 300x375px)
tickler_ffg_7620.jpg
54KB, 300x375px
>>48732359
yes but where is beric dondarrion?
>>
>>48732937
Sometimes you just want a dick to play with, and you get bored of playing with your own after a while.
>>
>>48732937
No, not really. I'm mostly an ass man, and I'd rather them have a dick than a pussy.
>>
File: purge.png (197KB, 427x467px)
purge.png
197KB, 427x467px
>This Thread

Page 10 can't come soon enough, and that's speaking as a monstergirl fetishist degenerate.
>>
>>48733118
Would you prefer it if your monster waifu had a dick? We can talk about catboys if you want
>>
>>48733135
Good tastes.

I am proud of so many people in this thread.
>>
>>48733118

At least monstergirls have something proper and natural you can stick it in.
>>
>>48733220
A hole is a hole, bro.
>>
>>48733029
>>48733071

Gonna be honest here, I'd love a campaign where the party routinely pillages the villages they travel through because "fuck you I want to get paid."

The 30 Years War was such a mistake.
>>
Is Unchained Monk any good at a battlefield control kind of role?
>>
>>48733250
Is it a spellcaster?
>>
>>48733071
Where's the Brotherhood Without Banners?

I'm not interrogating I just want to meet Lem and Archer.
>>
>>48733220
Mouths are natural.
>>
What's y'all preferred form-fillable character sheet, and where do I find it? The one I'm using doesn't have enough space for spell, and everything else I'm looking at is either broken or asking for money.
>>
>>48733399

Myth-Weavers is probably the best online sheet storer out there.
>>
>>48733507
Does it let you download your sheets?
>>
File: 47727410_p0_master1200.jpg (476KB, 1200x1080px) Image search: [Google]
47727410_p0_master1200.jpg
476KB, 1200x1080px
>>48733118
Would you prefer we moved on to a fetish supported by RAW?

>tfw ripping every single organ out of a living person's body with Bloody Fist
>>
>once upon a time, a single family of Duergar decided "maybe the Quest For Sky was a good idea after all" and bolted when nobody was looking, for reasons nobody remembers
>managed to actually reach the surface and prove they meant no harm to the local dwarves, who were naturally skeptical
>proved themselves useful enough that the old enmity was forgotten
>intermingled with surface dwarves until the only duergar traits their descendants retained were black hair and grey skin
>this is the clan my Dwarf Invulnerable Rager is from

On a scale of "DeviantArt" to "Gaia Online," how OC Donut Steel is this?
>>
>>48733632
Possible, improbable, but possible.

Maybe 3 or 4 out of 10.
>>
>>48733790
I'll be honest, it's mostly just me justifying her hair and skin tone through backstory.
>>
>>48733632

Well, you're using "good clan of evil humanoids" as a backstory, so you're already losing points. However, you haven't mentioned any celestial/fiendish powers/influences/bloodlines, special clan-only exotic weapons, or similar. All in all, closer to the DeviantArt end of the spectrum.
>>
If I'm a human fighter, level 1, how much heresy is a statblock like this for 25 point buy? I might multi-class into rogue or ranger at some point. I want to play a fighter that isn't a one trick pony, where I use different weapons for different situations, and where I actually switch out my feats between levels depending on what I'm using at the moment.

str 16
dex 16
con 14
int 10
wis 14
cha 10
>>
>>48733837
You are fucking trolling us.
>>
>>48730955
a bit late, but last stats i rolled were 17 16 11 13 17 15

That's pretty good, but the 4d6 allows us to most of the time have all stats above 10 and maybe get that luck 18 or 17. Very few times have i had worse or equivalent stats to a 20 point buy. averages don't reflect the probability of high and low streaks that are all too common.
>>
>>48733853
I actually didn't realize you only get 5 feat switches. Forget that part I'll have to pick more carefully then. Why is that really that bad of a spread?
>>
Hexcrafter Magus what should I expect?
>>
>>48733837
Run it out of Barb, Slayer, Ranger, Paladin, Brawler, Bloodrager, or Uchained Monk instead.

If you really feel like a ready warrior play an Inquisitor, Hunter, or Brawler.
>>
>>48733827
Yeah, that's the bit I was most worried about.

What would motivate a bunch of Duergar to go "no screw this I'm out" anyway?
>>
>>48733872
>Human Fighter
>Level 1
>25 pt buy
>multi class Rogue
>Fighter that ins't one trick pony
>Different weapons for different situations

I don't believe you accidentally used all these autism triggers on us.
>>
>>48733890
One of their loved ones got screwed over by the laws of society?

Curiosity?

Pissed off someone important and fled?
>>
>>48733898
Well 25 point-buy isn't so bad.
>>
>>48733898
Listen, dude. It can happen.

Fighter/Rogue is the most common multiclass in historical DnD and among NPCs. It really isn't unusual that a newer player would want to try it out.

And honestly, let him. It isn't that bad of an idea.

Maybe you should dump Charisma to lever up your Strength or Dex more.
>>
>>48733954
Multiclassing Fighter Rogue as a player is an absolutely terrible idea.

>>48733837
Ok, don't listen to that guy's advice. Just tell me more about how you envision your character. What do you believe he looks like when he's out punishing goblins and slaying vampires?

Do you imagine him like some sort of unstoppable wall of armor shrugging off blows and returning them in kind?

A skilled combatant like Griffith maneuvering his enemies and striking their weak points?

ect
>>
Using a format an anon suggested previously for me to follow. Rate my character (CE Psychic):
>Three beliefs
-Freedom is the best and the world's legal systems are merely obstacles to getting what we want
-An identity is unnecessary when life is so finite; it's better to just get what you want and not have to face consequences
-Comrades are good distractions for both enemies and boredom; they're also decently interesting to play with

>How does adventuring affirm them?
Adventuring allows for me to switch my identity and stay relatively unknown while giving me access to new places to fill my inventory with MY newly acquired valuables. Having comrades to keep me company and to keep me safe is preferable to being alone and vulnerable; it's a bonus when the people I'm travelling with are interesting and I can play around with them. Travelling around also allows me to learn how to become better at what I do; the law will always try its hardest to stop me from doing as I please and getting what I want. It's always to be one step ahead and better at deception than the law is at investigation.

>How does adventuring deny them?
There's nothing worse than travelling with prudes, boring people, and righteous folks who are too smart for their own good. When travelling with those types, I'll need to either step up my game or put it on halt until it's safe to start again; the latter is never the prefered course of actions. While adventuring and moving from place to place may be fun, I think of all of the things I'm missing out on the potential benefits to staying in a town and growing my influence from the shadows to get what I want in alternative ways than common theft.
>>
>>48734090
>Three fears: one public, one private, one secret
Public: While I'm not afraid to die, I am afraid of losing my soul. As someone who is connected to memories of past lives, each life seems like a fleeting moment and new lives are exciting for the potential new experiences they can bring.
Private: I'm afraid of being caught and having my freedom stripped from me. Being caught isn't bad, but being forced into a mundane routine would be torture; I'd kill myself if I couldn't free myself from that boredom.
Secret: I am afraid to die. While each life is a chain of memories for me, I am not the same as I was in previous lives. When I die, I will likely never be "me" again. My soul may live on and I'll receive life again as another person, but my personality and sense of "self" will be lost forever. I don't want that to happen, I like being me. While I'd never admit it, I wish a hero would save me from my fate; the fate all living beings share, to eventually become nothing.

>How does adventuring overcome them?
Adventuring keeps the mundane from taking over my life, helps keep me from getting caught by keeping the locations of my crimes constantly changing, and gives me a slight form of hope deep down that I may be able to find a way to keep "myself" as "me", even after my body dies and my soul reincarnates.

>Three goals: one short-term, one long-term, one life's work
Short Term: Remain free and happy.
Long Term: Continue to acquire everything I've ever wanted while honing my skills of deception.
Life's Work: Live a fulfilling life (immortality would be nice too).

>How does adventuring meet them?
I'm able to stay free and happy by living a life of adventure, moving from place to place. I continue to get more stuff and better my through adventuring also. A fulfilling life comes to those who do whatever they want when they want to every single day; every adventure brings new variables with the potential to satisfy me in ways I could have never imagined before.
>>
>>48733882
None of those things are fighters though. I'd rather just change my stat block than change the class.

>>48733898
Buckle up buttercup, we haven't even begun.

>Barb
I don't want to rage, I also like the idea of having a donkey or something and switching armor depending on what we plan to do as a party. If we're breaking into a mansion I want to be ready to leave my scale mail behind and bring out some armor where I don't have a large armor check penalty for stealth.

>Slayer
I'd rather just be a rogue since they can do more stuff.

>Ranger
I've considered this but I like fighter more

>Paladin
Paladins are fucking cool and I'm heavily considering one.

>Brawler
I'd rather just be a monk or multiclass. I don't like any of the hybrid classes more than just multiclassing. I don't give a fuck about level 20 abilities desu because games literally never seem to get there and I feel like if they do the games about to end anyways.

>Bloodrager
No

>Unchained Monk
I want to stick to the core/ultimate rulebooks

>>48733954
I can't dump charisma and pick up higher dex/str it will only give me 4 points and I need 5.

>>48733999
Nice trips.

I should probably give him higher constitution. I imagine him only really being great at not dying and sort of picking up various talents while traveling with the party. I imagine him sort of like a mix between the standard fighter in mail, and hansolo. He isn't the hero because he doesn't shine at anything but he can help anywhere. He really doesn't shine at anything, in the sense that I know the bard would sort of kind of fit, but I don't want to magic or tell stories. I just want a variety of skills and to be proficient in using many weapons.

I want to be super boss at death saves/not dying as the only thing hes good at. If you've read the halo books I'm also kind of ripping the idea that the only thing that made John special is that he was "the lucky one" that never died.
>>
>>48734102
>Three sentences describing the event(s) that made you become an adventurer.
That's. A. Secret~.

---

So that's the chaotic evil psychic. I hope she's a better concept than the schizophrenic psychic I suggest previously. Also, I hope the anon that originally gave me this formula to build a character concept is in this thread still; I would love to have your input on this new character concept.
>>
>>48727552
I'm fine with rolled. We normally do 2 sets (1player rolled, 1 GM rolled). We also do point buy, and 20 seems about right, since it allows you to be pretty damg competent.
Level-Wise, I agree with the notion of starting at level 3. You still get the lighter early-game experience to start, without suffering too badly from an average/lowish roll. You're getting good at what uou do, you're not going to die to bad weather, but you still have plenty pf growth to do.
>>
>>48734103
Personality wise I imagine him being like Mat Cauthon from the wheel of time books. He'll always help, and he likes to push his luck since its worked out for him well so far. He doesn't have much respect for authority but he isn't an anarchist. He's also not out for personal gain at all. He's not a tactician either which makes him different than Mat. He's smart, but its more like raw survival/problem solving type of smarts instead of any sort of study/tactics, its also not really based on experience. I plan on him starting as a true level 1, hes had training as a fighter but this will probably be his first real life or death combat.
>>
>>48727816
Familiars? Traits, Feats, items?
A luckstone's expensive, but a +1 to everything ain't bad
>>
>>48734103
What you described throughout, but especially here
> He really doesn't shine at anything, in the sense that I know the bard would sort of kind of fit, but I don't want to magic or tell stories. I just want a variety of skills and to be proficient in using many weapons.

Is either a Cavalier or a Slayer.

You will do approximately the same damage, have all the same weapon proficiencies, have the skill points needed to "have a variety of skills", be able to help allies in more situations, and overall be more useful individually or in a group.
>>
>>48734103
Don't be afraid to have an uneven stat. You get a +1 to your base ability score at level 4, which can turn 17 STR into 18 STR.

Also yeah, you are describing a slayer. A fighter/rogue is interesting, but rogue just can't keep up unless you're going unchained rogue and fighter.... Fighter needs a lot of love to stay alive.
>>
>>48727552
I mostly run heroic games and my players prefer random, so 3d6+6 drop low.
>>
>>48733999
Two dropping (some archetype) Fighter for feats, survivability, slightly better BAB and something like Mutagens or the only Brawler class feature worth a damn is a fair trade for a die of sneak attack, especially if you're trying to complete the Shatter Defenses build faster, are dumb enough to stand and bang as a TWFer or are trying to end-run Pummeling Charge's errata to get a Pouncing Scout Rogue.

A Trench Fighter 3/URogue X that goes Gunsmoke is probably better than any non-Bolt Ace Gunslinger or 1pp gun focused archetype.
>>
>>48734103
>>48734246
Before you even fucking start

Cavaliers are not all knight in shining armor. There are orders where you hold no allegience as they are personal codes of conduct. The Gendarme archetype even removes your tactician stuff (though that option makes sense for your character as flashes of insight in battle that he uses to help his allies)
>>
>>48734279
>>48734246
Alright I guess I'll re-read Slayer. I was only planning on dipping in rogue for proficiency bonus's and some skillpoints mainly. Literally 2 levels I think because I'd get a total of 16 skill points 2d8 hp, trap sense, evasion for when I'm not wearing heavy armor, and using the rogue talent to either take "weapon training" for weapon focus as a bonus feat, or stand-up in case I'm worried about getting tripped a lot.

If its really that bad to lose two levels in a multiclass though. Cavalier seems cool I guess, mainly the idea of getting a bunch of teamwork feats.

I pretty much wanted to be a fighter that could at least attempt a wide range of skill checks from those two levels while not making himself look like a retard because I'd at least have a +6 or whatever.
>>
>>48734337
The cat you're responding to has some king hell autism, so your pleas may fall on deaf ears. Hopefully he just doesn't know the system and is a sweet summer child.

Occultist would work for pretty much everything this faggot wants. Implements are the items you switch out as needed, they do stuff based on personal power, they make good martials and are jack of all trades, they have a power that gives them good saves.
>>
>>48734408
>king hell autism

What if I don't want to roleplay as an occultist? The reason Fighters are so fucking cool is that their class is the least character defining class. I can explore the character freely during play because the only question I have to answer is "Why does my character fight?"

If I'm a Paladin I need to seek to emulate my diety. If I'm a Barbarian I have to struggle against my rage. If I'm a caster I have to struggle against understanding and being defined in the world by my "powers". When I interact with NPC's they'll see me as "Divine Caster" or "Arcane Caster" regardless of what skill checks they give or class abilities they give that can successfully emulate the mechanics of what I want.

I feel like I would feel closer to the world as a Fighter or a Rogue. Possibly a Cavalier. The only reason I don't want to be a slayer/ranger is that I'm not too keen on playing as a "hunter" not in the "he hunts animals" sort of sense, but in the sense that I don't want to play a character that stalks and kills his prey which reading the classes seems to be their defining characteristic. Though I guess the slayer doesn't have a favored enemy, he still seems to specialize at taking out opponents by tracking them and preferably killing them unaware.
>>
>>48733618
I'm gonna regret asking, but what's happening in that pic
>>
>>48734479
That's your problem. You're restricting yourself.
>Fighter: swings swords
>Rogue: sneaks
>Wizard, Cleric: casts spells
>Occultist: has magic items
>Barbarian: has some kind of extreme fighting prowess
Literally any other flavours you tack on there are your problem
>>
>>48734479
And what about Slayer makes other people in the world look at him and say "This man is good at hunting and killing people"

You could make that argument for Paladins, Wizards, and a few others but if you think anyone can tell the difference between a Fighter wearing a breastplate and a Slayer wearing a breastplate you are sorely mistaken.
>>
File: How Quickly.gif (257KB, 500x500px)
How Quickly.gif
257KB, 500x500px
>>48734479
You can pretty easily refluff whatever you want with any class, you know that right? For a Slayer, to use an example, what you call "tracking and killing them unaware" can easily be fluffed as being very observant and Sherlock Holmes-esque in your combat style, or being filled with divine purpose to defeat those who would do you wrong, or even a very strange sort of "Scanning Magic" that gives you intel as necessary. Same with Occultist, who can fill the gamut from anywhere between "fighter with magic sword and armor" to "detective with lots of tools" or "crazy wizard-like dude with a whole bunch of weird shit" or even "archaeologist with ancient trinkets and baubles paid for in blood that they're figuring out their forgotten uses first-hand".
>>
>>48734573
>>48734590
Fair point. I'm just wondering what problem I'm fixing by taking slayer instead of my original plan?

Is fighter just shit or something?
>>
>>48734496
https://youtu.be/OVoxAWjUj2w?t=7m18s

I hope you don't need to be warned, but this is pretty violent.

She got the lower half of her body stuck under a crusher and is desperately trying to escape before it snaps her spine. The sound effects written in blood in the foreground are "CRUNCH" and "SQUISH".
>>
>>48734627
I've never liked fighter.

When you're a fighter, you're good at one thing: fighting. And you're not great at it.

Things you're actively bad at include:
Literally everything else, up to and including basic basic skills.
>>
File: 1458718778402.png (112KB, 540x540px)
1458718778402.png
112KB, 540x540px
>>48734652
Why? I had just decided to stop drinking tonight and then you go and post this.
>>
>>48734669
Be sure to watch all five variations of the crusher death and the one immediately after, where she gets stuck between a few gears and is smashed into a pulp.

The details count, too. Whenever you get stuck in an important piece of machinery, all the background machinery slows down a little to reflect the fact that there's a wench in the gears. And the screaming voiceover is okay too, apparently the game creator did them.
>>
>>48734686
No! I'm going to go watch cute things doing cute things instead.
>>
>finally read kineticists of porphyra
>see all these amazing talents
>start to actually want to play kineticist
>have no clue what concept to make at all
N. Jolly if you're in the thread I just want to thank you for writing this awesome book.
>>
>>48734712
Play a stand user!
>>
>>48734730
Using only Porphyra and Paizo material how do I play a Stand using kineticist, anon?
>>
>>48734744
Ignore that and play an avant guard? Or a summoner! Because if that's what you're restricted to then you should just ignore me.
>>
>>48734712
You're welcome, it's all worth it if it actually makes people want to play a class for which I was very excited, even if I needed to nearly rewrite it to make it work.
>>
>>48734757
What's the blastiest kineticist, assuming access to porphyra?
>>
>>48734783
That's a hard call. I'd honestly still say fire, but that's with access to all the KOP and Legendary Kineticists content. You don't need Legendary Kineticists to make them more blasty, but with all the options in those books to avoid fire resistance, you can actually play the damn element without worrying that everything's token fire resistance/immunity will shut you down. Pyroclastic infusion was a big favorite of mine, if only for the sick name.
>>
In the mega folder what's the difference between the Lite versions and the regular versions of the books? I don't notice anything different.
>>
>>48734874
File size.
>>
>>48734906
Yeah but what exactly is changed to cut down on the file size?
>>
File: Balloon_Tarrasque.png (64KB, 342x536px) Image search: [Google]
Balloon_Tarrasque.png
64KB, 342x536px
>>48731856
Bassilisk Glares. Four of them. In e6.
>>
>>48731856
>tfw never played a campaign long enough for a character to die

My Brawler got pretty close, though. Enlarged by party wizard to smack goblins around only to get backstabbed in Rusty Dagger Shanktown by a rogue/monk.

It hurt so bad.
>>
>>48727552
My preferred method is to use 25 Point buy but only 1 stat can go below 10 and even then, only to 8 (pre-racial). in return, however, you get a stat point every even level, but cannot place them in the same stat consecutively (so, if you up Int at 2, you need to wait till 6 before you can up it again)

I also have saves run off the highest of two stats (Fort=Str/Con, Reflex=Dex/Int, Will=Cha/Wis)

I find this allows the players a lot more flex with their stat choices and make everyone that bit less MAD.

I like doing it like this because it is similar to the game I really want to run, 4e.
>>
>>48727816
>Tiefling Catfolk
Fucking... What?
>>
>>48735039
Rakshasa blooded maybe.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px)
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>48728726
Do people even try anymore?
>>
>>48728771

Aaaand they fell for it...
>>
File: TiL+logo.jpg (78KB, 1600x1600px)
TiL+logo.jpg
78KB, 1600x1600px
>>48735056
Fuck, okay I had no idea that was a thing. Pic related.
>>
>>48735123
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>48734921
Printer friendly.
Generally a lot of textured backgrounds and fancy page borders are removed.
>>
>>48734921
The borders and the backgrounds are removed, leaving you with black text on white paper, which is much nicer to most printers.
>>
>>48735250
I wish this would actually leave a hyperlink to reddit.
>>
So question, has Part 6 of Hell's Vengeance been leaked/released? I can't find it three doors down, though the pdf is available on Paizo's store. I really don't want to give them money.
>>
>>48736061
Slightly related. I'm complete garbage. Lets say I had a PDF, how do I go about cleaning it? My google-fu is weak.
>>
Is it true that when gestalting the limitations are by-individual-levelup?

Like, one level I can up Fighter on one side and Battle Herald on the other, and the next level I can upgrade Battle Herald instead of Fighter and Rubato on the other?
>>
>>48736153
most DMs lock gestalt to two classes per character.
>>
>>48736153
This is something that differs GM by GM. There really aren't any specific rules about Gestalt in pathfinder, it's more of a concept than a concrete alternate rule.

That said, it really does make it painful to track everything for the GM. Ask him nicely.
>>
>>48736199
I'm allowed a prestige class to go with that, I'm just trying to figure out how to calculate my progressions.

Like, do I look down each line and go
>at this level, BAB goes up by 1 here, but by 0 there, so I take the +1

or do I go
>At this level, Fighter gave me 4 BAB and Fort+4, so since I used those and I levelled Wizard instead of Fighter, I switch down to the level 4 wizard's stat line instead, and swap my Fort for Will, but still keep a +2 Fort thanks to battle herald on the other side
>>
>>48736095
Uh, depends. I know that there are cleaning programs to remove the various copy protections Paizo puts into their stuff. But I think, and somebody from /pfg/ should definitely correct me if I'm wrong, that if you turn the whole thing into images and white out the header/footer info, you'd be able to get around most of it? There are tiny little microtext dots that they use, I know that much, but if you turn it into images by screenshotting the pdf pages then they can't zoom in enough, though you'll lose the text.

If you don't want to risk it, though, anon, then don't. Ain't worth it on our account if you're not sure.
>>
>>48736274
was hoping some other anon could direct me to such a tool. Not going to go manually/risk it if I'm not sure. But thanks for the info.
>>
>>48736257
Track each individual side as if it were its own character class progression, and take the higher of the two possible values.

A wizard 2 fighter 6 would have a BAB of 7. A rogue 8 would have BAB 6. Because Wiz/Fighter has higher BAB, that is the value you take. Same goes with saves; You keep the fighter's fort save, the wizard's will save, and the rogue's reflex save.
>>
>>48736290
Thank you.
Now, can you put the PRC on either side, or does it all have to be on the same side?

Like, could it be
Rogue 6, Take 1 Level of PRC, then Rogue 7
And
Wizard 5, Take 1 level of the PRC, then Wizard 6th/7th
?
>>
>>48736290
Shouldn't that be Wizard + Fighter's will and Fort total?
>>
>>48736315
Qualifying for PRCs is not usually a matter of class levels, but of skill ranks and abilities. Your character has these abilities regardless of which side you choose to put the level on.

>>48736326
Uh, yes. You're right. A level 2 wizard would have +3 Will, and a level 6 Fighter would have a +2 will, so your base bonus would be Will +5.
>>
>>48736315
Sounds like that would completely fuck with save and BAB progression
>>
>>48736342
Not talking qualifying. Talking about taking the levels themselves. And how do I calculate if it's split across both sides?

Does
>3 levels of BAB 15, FORT/REF High, Will Medium progression added to this side, 2 levels of it to the other side
seem about right?
>>
>>48736355
Oh jesus god no

You can't be a fighter 5 / fighter 5 gestalt. You cannot take the same class on both sides, that's heresy. Prestige classes are not immune.
>>
>>48736381
Ah okay. So NEVER crossing over of any classes between "tracks". Got it.
>>
And thank you. I realize this was a pretty dumb series of questions, and 7 in the morning is not a time to answer dumbass shit.
>>
How do I play a PoWE stalker?
>>
>>48732371
>The DM got angry at me and blamed me for not showing up and saying it was a fitting punishment for "skipping his game".

This is the part where you should've set the GM's books on fire and left the group.
>>
>>48736561
get free dex to damage

focus on blowing niggas up in one hit
>>
>>48736192
No they don't. Don't lie to people, anon.

>>48736199
>Painful to track
This is why you write down what your abilities do on your sheet, and why you give breakdowns of your damage/DCs/defenses in the notes section if it isn't really straightforward. You're a person, not a toddler. Put in some effort.
>>
>>48732953
Man, that's so incredibly non-canon.
>>
New Thread: >>48736623
>>48736623
>>48736623
>>48736623
>>48736623
>>
>>48736561
frankly, however you want. It all depend on your archetype/discipline combination.
>>
>>48730075
Na, dwarves ought to be a CON/INT race with a WIS penalty. Hardy but too clever for their own good.
>>
File: 1451619109552.jpg (534KB, 1200x1680px)
1451619109552.jpg
534KB, 1200x1680px
>>48736315

Daily reminder that a Cavalier 1/Psychic 19|Wizard 20 has full BAB!

Gestalt rules are dumb.
>>
File: Show Me the Money.jpg (117KB, 666x714px) Image search: [Google]
Show Me the Money.jpg
117KB, 666x714px
>>48732298
>player character actually completes his narrative arc and is content
Like a fucking boss.
>>
>>48737125
No.
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.