[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 16

File: 1469294100352.gif (968KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1469294100352.gif
968KB, 500x370px
> Previous Thread: >>48594338

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
http://theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

Promethean 2e is out!

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261&language=en&affiliate_id=498510

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/the-quick-the-dead-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
How is Promethean 2e?
>>
>>48614099
The art in 2e looks really great
>>
>>48614099

I love it, some people will moan about nonstandard pronouns or Alchemists not being playable but it's a great book.
>>
>>48614173
Doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to make them playable, even.
Give Magnitude a 5xp cost per dot, and they can be played just as easily as mortals with supernatural merits.
>>
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jwiihm

Promethean
>>
>tfw Phoenix is one of the example cities for Promethean
>tfw there's a distinct new merit for being a deputy
>tfw the sheriff is named Brown insted of Arpaio
>>
>>48614498
What?
>>
>>48614173
There's no rules for the mortal sekhem sorcerers in mummy too despite them basically being one of the assumed default enemy types. Space is a bitch.
>>
>>48614099
Posting these in the new thread because the previous thread is dead.

>>48614378
>Being abused is a feminist only issue
Ok

Also SVU is just a shit show that uses the headlines to take advantage of current hot topics and trends.
>The episode where the comedian making rape jokes turns out to be a serial rapist
>The episode where gamergaters were misogynistic rapists

Also one of the most offensive moments that I remember is the episode where a victim of molestation was horrified at the thought of becoming a child molester himself and pleads to BD Wong rape psychologist to help him find help which he flat out says no.

>>48614684
>Seems really, really cliche. Like it reminds me of the difference between people who've grown up in abusive homes and people adding child abuse backstories to their fanfiction for extra angst because they are 15 and don't get it.
THIS is why I hate it. And also why I posted the linken park song. Theres no real sense of weight or gravitas and just feels exploitative.
>>
>>48614924
>>Being abused is a feminist only issue
Being abused in that particular way is a feminist issue.
You're missing the point and no one gives a shit.

>THIS is why I hate it. And also why I posted the linken park song. Theres no real sense of weight or gravitas and just feels exploitative.
You sound like the kind of person who would say the same thing to just about anything. Linking the song just makes you come off as edgy and too cool for school, mocking people for liking something that's too ~emotional~ for you.
>>
>>48614978
>Being abused in that particular way is a feminist issue.
Because if we flip the genders it becomes a totally impossible situation, right?
>>
>>48614836
Maybe if they didn't use space for their BIG FAGGY PRONOUNS they could use it for actually useful stuff.
>>
>>48614978
>Being abused in that particular way is a feminist issue.
I don't get what you mean. If someone gets abused in that way they automatically become a feminist?

>You sound like the kind of person who would say the same thing to just about anything.
No actually. I can list plenty of great media that handles abuse better then that.
Off the top of my head? The fairly recent film Lovelace is fantastic and I highly recommend it.
>>
>>48614836

They'll be in the Dark Eras Companion.
>>
>>48615015
Considering we don't live in a world with gynarchic stereotypes on par with the 50s housewife, yes.

My internet isn't stable enough to bother arguing with you over this during the few moments I can get internet. Especially if you're going to be so stupid about it.

>>48615071
>I don't get what you mean. If someone gets abused in that way they automatically become a feminist?
I'll admit I'm in a piss poor mood, but are you being deliberately obtuse or what?
>>
>>48615165
I just don't understand why spousal abuse is specifically a feminist problem when its really a people problem.
>>
>>48614924
>The episode where gamergaters were misogynistic rapists

Please tell me you're not using the worst episode in the history of a show I quite like as a positive. There was nothing salvageable from that shit-storm, all it did was reveal that the writers and researchers have no fucking idea what they're doing.
>>
>>48615193
No I hate that episode and dislike SVU in general. Did you even read my post?
>>
>>48615228
>Did you even read my post?

Not really, I just really hate that episode
>>
>>48615243
Fair enough
>>
>Ephemeral Sight
>Success: For the rest of the scene, the Promethean can perceive spirits and ghosts existing in a state of Twilight, seeing them as shining, translucent forms with Essence moving through their spiritual innards. He may also see dematerialized qashmallim, blazing and writhing with Pyros in their veins.

>Ephemeral
>dematerialized qashmallim

Did they change their minds? Did they reverse their insane decision?
>>
>>48614696
I live in Phoenix
The sheriff's name is and has been Arpaio for years
He's basically the guy in the book except replace 'Prometheans' with 'minorities'
The fucked up pic is just me not really knowing how to feel about it

>>48614696
>>48615067
Mortal Alchemists not getting info to be played has nothing to do with word count, and everything to do with Matt not wanting them to be playable.
>>
>>48615305
About Qashmallim not being Ephemeral?
No, I think it's pretty clear that the power is intended for seeing spirits and ghosts, but it *also* works for Qashmallim.
>>
>>48615185
You are missing the point in the most spectacular way. I'm going to give up trying to fix my internet and go read Promethean now.
[Actually everything seems to be working, but I'm still going to go read on the tablet, so that I don't have to deal with the internet fucking up on me while watching Youtube or trying to IRC or shitpost on 4chan]

>>48615193
>a show I quite like
I haven't seen the episode, but honestly it sounds hilarious to me. It's also not like SVU has ever done any real research anyway.
I used to like it, but it's kind of repetitive, never enough Munch and Finn episodes, and worst of all it cockteases at moral ambiguity only to go "nah, fuck it, everything is black and white" way too often.
Kind of reminds me of my problems with Batman in some ways, especially with Stabler's anger issues. Beating up low level criminals and stopping small problems without caring about the root causes. Then again, the ADAs often try to do that and it comes off as so hamfisted ("we're going to make rape a hate crime!"), but then again, that's also why it really is a fantasy as much as Middle Earth, and why it can give feminists and abuse victims idealism. Still, the lack of moral ambiguity and often shitty treatment of criminals reminds me of a lot of societal problems I hate. It almost feels like the show is written by Javert.

>>48615325
>everything to do with Matt not wanting them to be playable.
I've never really seen a problem with this.

>>48615305
What insane decision?
>>
>>48615380
>worst of all it cockteases at moral ambiguity only to go "nah, fuck it, everything is black and white" way too often.
>Kind of reminds me of my problems with Batman in some ways, especially with Stabler's anger issues. Beating up low level criminals and stopping small problems without caring about the root causes. Then again, the ADAs often try to do that and it comes off as so hamfisted ("we're going to make rape a hate crime!"), but then again, that's also why it really is a fantasy as much as Middle Earth, and why it can give feminists and abuse victims idealism. Still, the lack of moral ambiguity and often shitty treatment of criminals reminds me of a lot of societal problems I hate. It almost feels like the show is written by Javert.
Hey we finally agree on something!
Also have fun on your Ipad I guess
>>
>>48615305

Qashmallim appear on a different 'wavelength' of Twilight than other ephemeral beings, but the Ulgan can see all of them.
>>
I ended up statting that Unfleshed I mentioned last thread, that was created as the first in a line of humanoid robots, but ended up being treated like a roomba.

I basically made a tsundare maid except male and a robot.
It's not like I WANNA clean up your mess or anything, b-baka!
>>
FUCK, no more Mavlian masterpieces? You kidding me, dropping the best Promethean artist who defined the look and feel of the first edition books?!

At least the cover's unchanged.
>>
File: Behold, My Adam.png (2MB, 1284x1662px) Image search: [Google]
Behold, My Adam.png
2MB, 1284x1662px
>>48615589
Sounds adorable. Give us a sheet and backstory.

>>48615432
>iPad
Pff. It's a shitty hand-me-down first gen Kindle Fire. Actually, it might not be first gen.

>>48615590
I don't remember much about the artist for 1e other than that I didn't like any of it.
2e seems to have full colour art. Or at least this one piece. I've been unable to stop myself from trying to fix my shitty internet to read more.
>>
>>48615072
It only took until Mummy was no longer in the same edition as the game. Good show. Think we'll ever get a Mummy 2e update, if only so we can see how the various homebrew patches stack up?
>>
>>48614099
can someone link me a copy of VtM Blood Nativity cause I live in Ohio

can someone also reccomend me some V20 scenario books or link them
>>
>>48615668

I have my fingers crossed for a Geist announcement tomorrow and Mummy next year. They won't leave it for too much longer I hope.

At this point I just want the Book of Going Westward.
>>
>>48615635
>Sounds adorable. Give us a sheet and backstory

>Striking looks(cute) 2
>Small-framed
That's the point
I'll try to get stuff written down in a format I can post, when it's less past midnight, for me
>>
So is anybody ITT at Gen Con?
>>
>>48615762
Honestly most of the major things Mummy needed to cover were actually touched on. I can't say that for some games, OP or other, I just want an updated core rulebook to get it systematically in line with everything else.
>>
>>48616117

It needs 2e rules and an antagonist book to complete the run, and both the long-awaited book about the Judges and a Storyteller's Guide would be great. I'd love a dedicated book on cults and playing cultists, too.

Especially with how good Demon's wound up.
>>
>>48616140
I built one as a Hunter but with options for some mummy merits, re: Cultist. I am trading off with the cultist and mummy when the mummy has finished its task and wishes to sleep till the party or cult meet some crisis they need to wake him back up for. The cultist is just the cult's representative in an affiliated but separate group the mummy has interest in.

With any luck most of them will have contacts that can help find relics
>>
So.. Is it just me or are the Promethean powers a bit... y'know. Weaksauce?
+2 on Social interactions? +1 to effective Supernatural Resistance? Can climb upside down (but you still have to roll for it).

I like the layout of them and all, but I'm not really seeing any powers that make me go "Oh wow! This is cool!"
>>
>>48616140
>I'd love a dedicated book on cults and playing cultists, too.

I think this would really help with the, "Okay, but how do I actually PLAY Mummy?" problem.
>>
>>48616673
You aren't supposed to play Mummy. That's the whole point.
>>
>>48616636
The power creep train has to stop somewhere I guess.
>>
>>48616636
Dude. +1? They double their Azoth, so I suppose it counts as +1 at the start.
Prometheans are fucking bullshit. Make mages incapable of manifesting the Supernal? Make Werewolves incapable of channelling Essence?
Yeah. Prometheans, and Prometheans only, can do that.
>>
>>48616778
Yeah. Prometheans are weaker in 2e than 1e.
That's not what I expected.
>>
>>48616785
>Dude. +1? They double their Azoth, so I suppose it counts as +1 at the start.

>Success: Treat the character’s Azoth rating as one higher for the purposes of Transmutation activation rolls and Supernatural Tolerance

Doesn't fucking look like doubling to me.
>>
Anyone uploaded the PDF yet?
>>
>>48615762
By the time we get a new Mummy edition we'd be well into the next Sothic Cycle
>>
>>48616819
Onyx Path Publishing.
>>
>>48616862
Anyone posted it in the thread here?
>>
>>48614396

>>48616819
>>
>>48616892
Yep, see >>48616935
>>
>>48616947
No, what I meant is; Has anyone posted a copy of the PDF as an image? (yes we can do this on /tg/, didn't you know?)
>>
>>48616975
Nope. No one ever does that with leaks. Links are easier to handle over multiple threads.
This one is going to get baked into the big pastebin link in the header from next thread onward.
Also, I think it has something to do with size limitations.
>>
>>48616975

Too big.
>>
>>48616996
>>48616998
Oh okay.
>>
>>48615762
If Geist isn't announced then fuck me I'm going to try to kick that homebrew project into overdrive just to give myself something to do.

Also, while taking a break from fixing my internet I was lying in bed with an aching back reading Promethean. Got up to Aurum before I ran out of power. Good stuff. I'm really liking it, and a lot of the writing is really well done and emotional.

>>48616002
If people are at GenCon, they're probably not going to bother checking in on the thread.

>>48616975
There's a filesize limit. What's it matter anyway?
>>
>>48615507
So they are in fact ephemeral and exist in Twilight then? Because Fave implied they don't despite acting like spirits in all other ways because nothing he writes can ever just follow the established ruleset.
>>
>>48615507
Ulgans, and those who have gone Argentum and focused on the detection Alembic.
>>
Does Blaze of Glory also increase Effective Azoth for things like Unbroken and Unconquered?
Also, can it get over 10?
>>
>>48616785
What power specifically is that?
>>
Reading over the Refinements, I'm having some of the same feelings I had with Changeling.

"Don't get upset or disappointed. Just because your concept doesn't use the same groups doesn't mean you can't do it anymore".

I really liked 1e's Cuprum, where it was all about reacting and changing yourself as a result of stimulus, but 2e seems to be more focused on the "not quite going to the wastes" aspect more than changing. Lace started out as Cuprum and was all about making himself pliant and malleable to become what others wanted. It was a more social take on the example of actively avoiding humanity by walking on the outskirts.
>>
File: All 7s.png (37KB, 416x243px) Image search: [Google]
All 7s.png
37KB, 416x243px
Now that Promethean is out, I think I'm going to make Nana Natsu. These are the "notes" I made months ago. It seems like the "Element" aspect is gone from Promethean now.

>Humour: Code
She's essentially a program, not a person. I'd go with the "Oil" of the Unfleshed, but really that doesn't even work for most "hypertech" Unfleshed to begin with. That means she's very if-then in her actions, and prone to getting confused.
She's also both informative and flighty.

>Element: Data
As a being of pure information, knowledge and especially digital information is what sustains her. It isn't just useful 'factual' information, though, and includes things like entertainment. She gets a point of Pyros for sleeping surrounded by electronics. Video games, TVs, radios, computers. She needs to be around flowing data.

>Bestowment: Augmented Reality
777ツ can see the digital reality that interacts with our own, visualizing code and information as it flows through the air. She can see and understand (unencrypted) information like television or wireless signals. By spending a point of Pyros she can roll Manipulation + Computers to interact with that code, as if she was using a computer. When she does, the time between rolls is cut to instant.

>Torment: Yandere
When driven to Torment, Nana tends to force people to pay attention to her, whether through the most attention grabbing stunts she can, or by force. Generally the focus of her desire for attention is on a specific individual, which can often be bad for that individual, or anyone who happens to have their attention (or worse, affections!). In the event that there's no one to fixate on, it tends to be rock star behavior, from reckless driving to trashing a hotel room to get in the papers. Anything you can imagine a child star doing.
>>
>>48617418
>Disquiet: Lisztomania
Pop star obsession grips those who hang around the Vocaloid for too long. They want more and more of her, until the fixation becomes obsession, dangerously so.

>Wasteland: White Noise
The real world becomes increasingly false, with that unrealistic hyperrealism of computer graphics. As it goes on, the world itself becomes uncanny. People and animals find it hard to go outside of their 'programming', and can even ignore injuries. Perceiving new things is difficult, and Willpower can't be spent or gained. On top of that, electronics "work" in only the loosest sense. Computers, televisions, radios, and whatnot turn on at higher levels, but that's about it. At low levels, they tend to glitch and malfunction, with refresh rates lowered, but at the highest level might replay the same scenes over and over, not that the user will tend to realize it.
Imagine the world as designed by Bethesda.

>Disfigurements: Son of a Glitch
Normally a beautiful jailbait J Pop star with long blue twin tails and a look straight out of Cyberpunk (or Akihabara), when using transmutations or healing through electricity, 777ツ takes on the same hyperrealistic appearance as the world under her wasteland, but glitchy and artifacted, her 'texture' resolution wrong, and segments of her face or limbs shifted wrong, or replaced with unsettling jittery images.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr_Ta6NS3-g
So could you make The Goon (And Frankie) using the Hunter rules?
>>
>>48617525
Union perhaps with the bar being a Union safehouse? Or maybe a neighbourhood where monsters are fairly common but only The Goon is brave enough to do anything.
>>
>>48617571
Love it.
>>
>>48617598
Though considering hes a gangster maybe The Night Watch might be better? Though stereo-typically they are black gangs it can be easy to just refluff them as 1920s italian mobsters.
>>
>>48617337
One of them is Spiritum. I don't know which other he means.

Verits, Disrupting Vital Humours:
Success: The Mystic succeeds at disrupting the target’s
humour. A number of targets equal to the successes rolled
may not spend their specific energy source for any purpose. A
vampire couldn’t spend Vitae to heal, boost Physical Attributes,
or power Disciplines. A werewolf couldn’t spend Essence to
increase his healing capabilities or power Facets. Any ability or
power the creature has that doesn’t require the expenditure of a
supernatural energy source (such as a demon’s Embeds) functions
normally. This Distillation only interferes with the conduits of
the energy sources; it does not make the target mortal again. This
effect lasts for a number of turns equal to the Mystic’s Azoth.
Exceptional Success: No additional effect other than
increased targets.
>>
>>48617659
Oh well most Mage Spells have no Mana cost, and Beasts lack a fuel star so at least Daves pet splats are OK.
>>
>>48618087
>and Beasts lack a fuel star
Someone should fix that, also Dave had nothing to do with Beast, you are thinking of Matt
>>
>>48618087
>>48618293
Still bothers me that this is one of the "Big No" things that were outlined in Tome of the Mysteries long ago, and was pointed out in Imperial Mysteries as being Archmaster only stuff.
>>
>>48616785
It's almost like their abilities are designed to make them fearsome and confusing to deal with, making you as isolated as they are.
>>
>>48615762
Yeah, Geist 2e needs to be announced already, out of all the gamelines it possibly needed a revamp the most to be more cohesive with the rules and writing and with more purpose. It's a fantastic idea crippled by it's lack of focus and muddled balance. Would also hope a 2e would mean it could finally get stuff like an antagonist book or a new book of the underworld in the same sense of Changeling 2e getting The Hedge book.
>>
>>48618087
Beasts' fuel is their Satiety. Using Spiritum could prevent them for doing quite a few things.
>>
>>48618328
To be fair, Prometheans aren't mages, and it has been a long time since that book was even released. It seems to me that a lot of the design philosophies have changed.
>>
>>48616002
Yes
>>
>>48617117
They're in Twilight but they're not Ephemeral - they aren't made of Ephemera.
>>
>>48618683
Hey Dave! Any Deviant or other Bookline special surprises planned for today?
>>
>>48618632
Yeah. But still. That's a shitty mechanic!
>>
>>48617525
This was canceled right?
>>
>>48618912
No it was in development limbo because they were waiting for the funding, there did say they were doing final screenings last year, but there hasn't been anything since....unfortunately that means we'll be getting Sausage Party instead of this as our first foray into R-rated animated films. And Sausage Party isn't even that good! The only way you could have it in CofD is a Pack of Werewolves dealing with the Magath of Produce and Death that had caused most of it.
>>
>>48618974
>And Sausage Party isn't even that good!
Really? The trailers looked really funny.
>>
>>48619168
The scripts been leaked, read it and take a shot every time you get to a piece of crude stoner humor, I guarantee you'll die of liver failure halfway through the first character interaction.
>>
>>48619240
But I like Seth Rogan movies.
>>
>>48619262
You have no taste.
>>
Is it viable to make a character focused on Crafts?
>>
>>48618087
>>48618860
>>48618632
>>48618328
It's not a shitty mechanic, it's a neat mechanic. And it's not even worse than Alpha's Howl. I'm also pretty sure that no matter how something might or might not mix with Mage isn't something Dave concerns himself with as much as you guys think.

>>48619614
This is a roleplaying game. It's viable to make a character based on anything.
>>
>>48619262
no you don't
>>
GenCon kicks off today! Anyone know when Onyx Path and/or White Wolf will be having any panels?

To put it more succinctly, WHEN'S DEVIANT?
>>
>>48619732
We're not concerned with how well Mage might or not mix with other splats, we're interested in how other splats mix with Mage.
>>
>>48618974
>Sausage Party instead of this as our first foray into R-rated animated films.

Are we not counting Fritz the Cat because it was technically X-rated (tame as it may be these days)?
>>
>>48619732
>It's not a shitty mechanic, it's a neat mechanic.
No. It's a shitty mechanic. Stopping other supers from having their inherent powers IS shitty.

>>48619732
And it's not even worse than Alpha's Howl.
If you had said it wasn't as bad as Alpha's Howl, I'd agree with you. As it is, I don't, It's much worse. Alpha's Howl merely stopped you from using direct powers, this messes with the internal powers of a splat.
>>
GEN CON PAMPHLET

WHEN
>>
>>48619805
>Stopping other supers from having their inherent powers IS shitty.

>Any ability or power the creature has that doesn’t require the expenditure of a supernatural energy source (such as a demon’s Embeds) functions normally.

>>48618974
>>48619799
>>Sausage Party instead of this as our first foray into R-rated animated films.
Akira? Perfect Blue, Paprika, Appleseed, Patlabor, Vampire Hunter D, Cowboy Bebop, Jon-Roh, Highlander: Search for Vengeance, Afro Samurai, any number of anime movies (including hentai)?
Or are we just talking about ones with american theatrical releases?
A Scanner Darkly?
Heavy Metal?
Only comedy? Even easier.
South Park
Aquateen

We literally just had The Killing Joke released, and in some cases in theaters even. Why would you think Sausage Party is the first R-Rated animated film? And, not to mention as the other anon said, Fritz the Cat was sort of infamous.
Hell, does Cool World not count? Doesn't Brad Pitt fuck a cartoon?
>>
>>48620148
>>Stopping other supers from having their inherent powers IS shitty.
>
>>Any ability or power the creature has that doesn’t require the expenditure of a supernatural energy source (such as a demon’s Embeds) functions normally.

so it's just another "fuck vampires" power since they're the only ones who have to spend vitae on everything
>>
>>48620163
Vamps are shit so it's cool.
>>
>>48620163
>they're the only ones who have to spend vitae on everything
Do you even read the books? Most Disciplines that require you to spend Vitae want buckets of blood for long term effects. For most of the Disciplines the first two or three don't require you to spend Vitae at all.

Sure, a lot of the good stuff is locked off--Protean claws, summoning a hoard of animals, celerity's nothin' personnel--but it's not like vampires lose all of their abilities. Shit, bite a Promethean and suddenly he has to contend with the Kiss, unless there are crossover rules I haven't gotten to.
>>
>>48620148

Cool World doesn't count for the same reason Roger Rabbit is not considered an animated movie: cartoon/live/action hybrid. Anime doesn't count because it's not a US production. Same for Heavy Metal. South Park is an adaptation of a television series, and doesn't count, same for Aqua Teen. Killing Joke does not count because of its limited release.

Sausage Party will be the first R-Rated animated film dedicated for the wide initial consumption by US citizens, and therefore the first R-rated animated film. That's what the narrative is going to be, and it will be many people's first exposure to a CG animated film intended for an adult audience. Hollywood gets what it wants.
>>
>>48620398
That's still ignoring A Scanner Darkly and Heavy Metal.
>>
>>48620148
>>Stopping other supers from having their inherent powers IS shitty.

It stops any werewolf of high Harmony from shapeshifting. It stops Mages from mitigating Paradox. It stops spirits from doing ANYTHING.
>>
>>48620470
Except using Blast, which doesn't require essence
>>
>>48620398
And The Goon is/was based on a comic book series.
>>
>>48620504
>>48620470
Presumably it only affects humanish creatures, especially since it talks about how it doesn't make the target mortal again, it just interrupts the flow of energy.
It's also incredibly short term, measured in turns.
>>
>>48616843
I'm pretty sure we're into it now. Anyone want to go to DC and try fucking up the feng shui to see if that conjures an ancient entity?
>>
>>48620449

>A Scanner Darkly

Completely rotoscoped and not treated like an animated film because of it. Does not count in the greater Hollywood narrative, like Linklater's other film Waking Life.

>Heavy Metal

Mostly Canadian production.
>>
>>48619805
>And it's not even worse than Alpha's Howl.
People hated Alpha's Howl. Magefags whined about it for years.
>>48620586
It says it works on vampires and werewolves and demons.
It's not even that short term, lasting at least 3 turns. Vampires are fucked.

Look at werewoofs spiritual blockage fs to see how to do this shit right. IT works on essence. that's it.
>>
>>48620848
Mages are the only alphas.
>>
>>48620848
Most people barely cared about Alpha's Howl, and honestly most supers could beat a 1e Werewolf up and take its lunch money without their powers.

This power is nowhere near as impressive as you people are making it out to be. Yeah, it's pretty neat and can be very useful, but it's not some instant death super move.

Nevermind that Taskforce VALKYRIE has a gun that can actually destroy energy points, and Mages can steal it. Hell, Vampires have a fighting style dedicated to cutting out each other's vitae.
>>
>>48620908
>Most people barely cared about Alpha's Howl
There were entire threads about it on the forums until they were shut down.
You're wrong.
>but it's not some instant death super move.
No it's a template-crippling move.
>Nevermind that Taskforce VALKYRIE has a gun that can actually destroy energy points,
And you can still use your others
>and Mages can steal it.
and you can still use your others
>Hell, Vampires have a fighting style dedicated to cutting out each other's vitae.
its dedicated to damaging vampires, only one ability can damage vitae, but they can also attack and steal it
but the target can still use their remaining vitae

this is another poorly thought out bit of powerwank from the guy who brought you "can hide your soul, yes, even if you don't have a soul"
>>
>>48620504
I thought Blast required one essence to use it at all and then 2 for each point of damage rating.
>>
>>48620971
>There were entire threads about it on the forums until they were shut down.
I don't believe you, but at the same time I also don't actually care.

>and you can still use your others
Other what?
You do know that this doesn't shut down every power, right? I mean, I literally highlighted that for you. Hell, for Mages and Demons it barely even matters. I'm pretty sure Werewolves also have quite a few Facets that don't require Essence.
>>
>>48621030
Blast is free by default, essence adds damage

Unless you're a Purified, who explicitely pay 1 essence for numen even if a spirit with the equivalent numen wouldn't have to
>>
>>48621038
>I don't believe you, but at the same time I also don't actually care.
that's because you're close minded and not well informed and for some reason can't believe any critiicsm against ptc is accurate
>Other what?
other "energy points" the things you were saying were destroyed, and equating with the power you're defending like a dumbass
>You do know that this doesn't shut down every power, right?
yes, just most of them
its a very powerful ability that was so poorly thought out, doesn't even fit in its refinement
whoever created it was clearly some kind of creativity-deprived idiot
>>
File: AngryRoomba.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
AngryRoomba.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>48615635
>>48615948
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0JAvuc8KOs
>>
>>48618671
What's the Deviant full name?
>>
>>48621176
Deviant: The _______
>>
Ok can someone put down what the hell this power is for people who don't have the book?
>>
>>48621205
>I'm too important to actually read the thread
>>
>>48621129
>that's because you're close minded and not well informed and for some reason can't believe any critiicsm against ptc is accurate
"You don't hate something as much as me, that means you're fellating the developers!"

>other "energy points" the things you were saying were destroyed, and equating with the power you're defending like a dumbass
Again, what are you even talking about? How can you use other energy points if your energy points are gone? Literally removed. Not temporarily shut off. "You are out of juice and will need to get more".

>yes, just most of them
It doesn't. Honestly, I don't even think it shuts down *most* powers.
>its a very powerful ability that was so poorly thought out, doesn't even fit in its refinement
Powerful, yes. Poorly thought out? It clearly does exactly what it's intended, and Matt's design philosophy for combat powers is "go big or go home" (and it needs to be pointed out that Matt didn't write the powers). Doesn't fit the Refinement of "dealing with the Supernatural"?

>whoever created it was clearly some kind of creativity-deprived idiot
No, you're just an idiot. And I just realized that it's you again. How am I not surprised? I should have noticed when you couldn't use the fucking SHIFT key.
>>
>>48621147
Why would you make your sheet like this. This is a disgusting sheet. My sense of aesthetics is repulsed.

I'm curious what scene that audio is from...
>>
File: let me put on my angry face.gif (621KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
let me put on my angry face.gif
621KB, 440x247px
>>48621246
In his defense, Dalines is a piece of shit

I will never not be mad.
>>
>>48621246
Because I wanted to be able to post it all as a single file, instead of having to post a pdf and link a pastebin for the backstory, or something.
Also because I play a lot of online games and its easier to have a google drive doc for a sheet than a pdf, since the doc is always up-to-date when whoever I give it to opens it, but the PDF has to be re-uploaded any time I make a change.
>>
>>48621246
>>48621343
Also I have no idea where the audio is from. I never had any idea, and never really cared, I just got linked that video a year or so back by a friend, and it seemed fitting, to me.
>>
>>48621224
>"You don't hate something as much as me, that means you're fellating the developers!"
no, you're obtusely denyng there's any problem wrong with this power, full stop
>Again, what are you even talking about? How can you use other energy points if your energy points are gone?
the fact that most vampires have more than 1 vitae on them, just like every other game has people starting off with a max of 10
"I take 1 vitae" "I use another to attack"
with this its
"i stop you using your magic" "well I'm fucked now"
>It doesn't. Honestly, I don't even think it shuts down *most* powers.
the only place you're being honest here is where you admit you're not thinking
>Poorly thought out? It clearly does exactly what it's intended,
yes, this is why its poorly thought out, whatever tard designed it didn't think
>and Matt's design philosophy for combat powers is "go big or go home"
looking at how shitty so many of the other powers are he musta sent a lot of writers home
>No, you're just an idiot. And I just realized that it's you again. How am I not surprised? I should have noticed when you couldn't use the fucking SHIFT key.
because you are the idiot
and my shift key is tempermental
but being close minded you wouldn't think of that, just that i don't use shift a lot so i must not know how to use it
>>
File: Makoto Inoue.png (102KB, 981x665px) Image search: [Google]
Makoto Inoue.png
102KB, 981x665px
>>48621281
I wish I weren't dumb and/or lazy. I'd make a WoD version of Chummer.

>>48621343
I meant the layout. I do online games as well, and I hatehatehate when people just do lists. I prefer a more horizontal style of layout. The less I have to scroll, the better. I've been making players in my games use sheets like this.

>>48621593
It's a fucking gun that destroys vitae. It's going to generally take out a considerable amount of your power points, and usually will at the very least put you into a range where you're not going to want to spend more. If your character is built so that they can't do fuck all without spending super juice, that's your own fault. Most people get by just fine.
Why don't you go look through the books and tell me how many powers use juice.
Because off the top of my head, a Promethean spending *three Goddamned Pyros* on Disrupting the Vital Humours can still be Mesmerized with a "Kill yourself".
>>
File: not sure if stupid.png (212KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
not sure if stupid.png
212KB, 552x414px
>>48621593
>>
Vital Humours fucks mages over worst.
Can't contain Paradox, can't use Mage Armours, can't use any spells outside their Ruling, can't use any of the stronger spells, can't use any kind of counter-magic.
>>
>>48622160
Hmm sounds good to me.
>>
>>48622160
Nah. It's worse for Werewolves.
All Non-permanent Gifts cost Essence, all of them.
So apart from enhanced healing, this also removed any active powers, use of powerful Fetishes, and possibly also shape shifting.
>>
>>48622431
Fortunately it's range is limited so bazookas still work
>>
I never read promethean. What you actually do in your games except becoming human? Like mages look into stuff, werevolves peeing on phoneboth, vampires fucking in nightclub. Everyone has a thing to do, so what prometheans do? Live in a cave all alone?
>>
>>48622444
Yeah. But that works for humans as well.

You effectively reduce werewolves to normal humans with this power, and they were already the weakest splat in 2e!
>>
Could one of the Arisen create a Promethean?
>>
>>48622463
They still heal like motherfuckers and chances are if your PCs are Werewolves then them beig rendered essence-less will result in a Lune going apeshit on the scene or some such wolfy nonsnce
>>
>>48622498
No, they don't. They heal superficial damage quick, but without Essence they can't heal properly.
>>
>>48622160
>Can't contain Paradox
Yes they can. Mana spent reduces Paradox risk. You don't need to spend it to Contain a paradox. You shouldn't be Reaching that much that you'd need it.
>Can't use Mage Armours
Can't activate them. If we're assuming some kind of fight has broken out, chances are it's already up; it won't get shut off.
>Can't use any spells outside their Ruling
Aside from Rotes, and chances are you don't really need that.
>can't use any of the stronger spells
You can literally create an entirely new species without spending Mana. Not to mention all the ways of unmaking someone.
>countermagic
Which is already useless against a Promethean, so unless this is some Mage's pet Promethean, it's not like that matters...

>>48622431
>>48622463
>they were already the weakest splat in 2e!
Werewolves are ridiculously fucking powerful.
They don't even need their Gifts most of the time.

>>48622498
Why would a Lune be going apeshit? You don't make a Lune your Totem. That's a Dumb Idea™
>>
>>48622490
A cult can create a Promethean.
Mummies haves cults.
So its possible but the chances of them trying and succeeding are extremely slim.
After all the principle is the deciding factor.
>>
>>48622463
>the weakest splat in 2e!
>Werewolf
>2e
>Weak
Wut
>>
>>48621896
Did you make a transgender Promethean?
>>
>>48622577
>>48622571
>Werewolves are ridiculously fucking powerful.

Vampires, Mages, and Demons are all more powerful.

Werewolves start strong, sure, but get some XP under the belt and they are left behind.
>>
>>48622571
>not making a Lune your totem

Do you even MAXIMUM SILVER MADNESS!!?!?!?!
>>
>>48622571
>Can't activate them. If we're assuming some kind of fight has broken out, chances are it's already up; it won't get shut off.
yeah because whenever someone jumps out of hiding and turns off my power source, i always have all my buffs up and ready. seems legit.
>>
>>48622646

You're a mage. The literal first fucking ability you get is the power to know when someone is waiting in ambush for you.
>>
File: The Garou Response.gif (2MB, 500x228px) Image search: [Google]
The Garou Response.gif
2MB, 500x228px
>>48622521
Shifting form cost no essence except for like harmony 10 werewolves so go Garou.
Then when your Garou time is up stay in Garou, go into a drath rage get a lot of gifts for free.
>>
>>48622674
oh really? you auto detect everyone using any hiding powers in the game? thats pretty op for a first basic.
>>
>>48622701

You start with at least three arcana at 1. You can cast at least three broad categories of Unveiling spells. No hiding power in the game works against all 3, I assure you.
>>
>>48622778
so you constantly go everywhere with at least 3 spells up just for looking around?
>>
>>48622594

Did you not?

>>48622490

Theoretically, but supernaturals struggle to grasp the Divine Fire and I'd argue the same lack of humanity that prevents them from creating new Relics woild prevent Promethean creation, to say nothing how blasphemous it would look to basically re-attempt the Rite of Return.

Now, an Arisen's cult trying to create a Twice-Arisen and fucking up hard enough to make a Promethean? I would play that.
>>
>>48622778
>Having 3 spell up at gnosis 1.
Kek
>>
>>48622863

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT AT GEN CON?
>>
>>48622863
Promethean character I've got for my next game is a latina created in El Paso. I have an idea to make a cross dressing, effeminate Daeva though. I'd kinda like to try out making a trans character in CofD, seems like that'd be fun if I can find a good enough group and ST for that who takes it seriously.
>>
>>48621896
>Have sex as a girl
That's an oddly specific aspiration anon. What are you trying to tell us?
>>
>>48622778
A starting Thyrsus can't find a vampire using Obfuscate.
>>
>>48622888

I'm broke as hell, anon. Wouldn't be living in Phoenix if I could afford convention-going. But I'm trying to recruit a gaggle of folks to pool funds fir 2017.
>>
>>48622859
If I've made enemies, yes. Any Mage would, because the alternative is immediately dying to a Seer.

>>48622928
Life Unveiling. Find the sucking emptiness of unlife. Done.
>>
>>48622968
Nope. The whole point of Obfuscate is that it projects an 'ignore me' field. You need Mind just to clash the effect.
>>
>>48623062

You are ignoring the vampire. You're just not ignoring the immediate and overt nega-life.

Same way that people can notice something an Obfuscated vampire moves around.
>>
>>48622968
I don't think it works that way. Your looking for life not the lake of it. Also Obfuscate makes you not notice the vampire.

I remember Dave mentioning that you need mind the clash against Obfuscate. Which Thyrsus can't have at start.
>>
>>48623081
>You are ignoring the vampire. You're just not ignoring the immediate and overt nega-life.

Yeah. Easy to separate the not-living vampire from the not-living air or the not-living ground.

Vampires aren't anti-life vortices that create a hole in the biosphere or something.
>>
>>48623081
you're wrong.
>>
>>48623129

Oh, guess all that drama about them being unnatural horror-monsters is just for show, then.

I'll be sure to tell any VtR players that their vampires are dumb for worrying about that.
>>
>>48623164
Wow. Talk about going overboard. They are unnatural. They are monsters of horror. They are NOT destroying life just by existing.
The horrible part is that they have to do it consciously.

Yes, you might notice something off when a vampire FEEDS off of someone else, but you might have noticed that vampires don't feed off of everything just by existing.
>>
>>48623164
feel free to tell them that obfuscate doesnt work how it says it does in the book because they radiate some searchable aura that cannot be hidden despite it saying that nowhere.
>>
File: Makoto Header.png (328KB, 1038x464px) Image search: [Google]
Makoto Header.png
328KB, 1038x464px
>>48622594
Lace was ostensibly trans, although I'm not sure he really would have understood the concept. He was honestly probably dumber than he should have been, but he was only like 10 months old. He should have had a flaw that was the opposite of Good Brain.
But no, that was a mortal character.

I was just showing off how I like my sheets, and that's the first one I opened.

>>48622918
The character is trans. And this was for F-list

>>48622606
Werewolves are more powerful than Vampires. The arguments I've seen for Vampire v. Werewolf are almost entirely "in Frenzy with Claws of the Unholy and max Vigor". A Werewolf can dish out damage a lot less conditionally and also do more than just dish out damage.

>>48622701
You're basically making up a hypothetical situation where a Promethean jumps out of nowhere for apparently no reason and uses Disrupting immediately before the Mage even gets a chance to react.
(Also, just FYI, it *is* a Reflexive action to throw up a shield, so, yes, you could do it in response to someone trying to shut you down)

>>48622957
Learn Pathfinder
Run convention games

I had a chance to do that. But I don't want to run, like, ten Pathfinder modules back to back. I once ran every slot in a two day convention and wanted to die the following day. That was two years ago and I've only played in a charity event since.
>>
>>48623252

You coukdn't pay me to play Pathfinder, let alone run it. Now, Delta Green? I may have to do that next year.
>>
File: 1465406844677.jpg (219KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465406844677.jpg
219KB, 600x600px
>>48623252
This character makes me want to drink. You're a pretty good troll, you know.
>>
>>48623252
>You're basically making up a hypothetical situation where a Promethean jumps out of nowhere for apparently no reason and uses Disrupting immediately before the Mage even gets a chance to react.
so basically any time a promethean tries to kill a mage.
>>
>>48623252
>Werewolves are more powerful than Vampires. The arguments I've seen for Vampire v. Werewolf are almost entirely "in Frenzy with Claws of the Unholy and max Vigor". A Werewolf can dish out damage a lot less conditionally and also do more than just dish out damage.

Sure, Werewolves have a broader skill-set, and they can do what they do for longer, but they can't match vampires in short sustained bursts of violence.

Beyond Supernatural Advantage 2, Physical Intensity gives more benefits than Shapeshifting does. And Werewolves doesn't have any equivalent to the passive benefits of Celerity.

Bonus: Vampires just need a merit to always be able to recharge from werewolves, werewolves can only recharge from humans, wolves and werewolves.
>>
>>48623164
Its funny how your ignoring the Life force that animates the vampire. Or all the Vitae/life they have inside of them.
>>
>>48621210

All I know is that we're talking about some power called Vital Humors, but not the actual text.
>>
>>48622917
Finding a group (or players) to take trans characters seriously is harder than you'd think.
I actually had a player (who's demure, dainty mannerisms reminded me of Touhou now that I think about it) who essentially wanted to be an anime trap. They described their concept as "a cute crossdressing gay boy" and he was beloved by everyone and never bullied or suffered any prejudice and was well liked because he was so cute and never had any sort of dysphoria (except maybe for feeling sad when he's not cute). I'm editorializing, but just barely.
I tried to explain to him that while I don't want concepts that are a conga line of edginess and trauma, this is the World of Darkness, and being perfectly loved and accepted is hard for regular people, much more for the people who set themselves apart. He (or she, as this could have been some yaoi loving queer fetishizing yuri girl, since it was IRC)

>>48622968
>>48623062
>>48623081
>>48623107
>>48623129
>>48623139
>>48623164
>Concealment magic, of whatever type, can hide a target from Active Mage Sight, but only if the concealment would logically mask the target from the purview of the Arcanum in question. Even then, if the concealment power uses the same magical principles as the detecting Arcanum, the mage still has a chance to see through it. For example, a light-based invisibility spell would conceal a target from Mind Sight, but Life Sight could still detect the living being, with or without the assistance of photons. Likewise, some vampires employ a kind of mental “invisibility” that causes observers to ignore them. This power would conceal a target from Forces Sight (it isn’t light-based) or Time Sight, but not Mind Sight (since both the concealment power and the Arcanum are working on the same principles).
Although I think there's a typo in here.

Also, Vampires are not voids of unlife. They're corpses. Animated by stolen life and a demonic force, yes, but not voids. Would Life even detect a corpse?
>>
>>48623164
Don't worry I'll let DaveB know your doing mage wrong.
>>
>>48623368
>Would Life even detect a corpse?

Not any more than it would detect a rock.
>>
>>48623368
Yeah, the only idea I'd have in my mind about a trans CofD character would probably be that they have experienced trauma in their past, though has gotten to a point in their transition where they can fit in with society and now have to deal with sexism and misogyny and potential transphobia from partners. Something along those lines.
>>
File: Makoto Breaking Points.png (151KB, 1029x543px) Image search: [Google]
Makoto Breaking Points.png
151KB, 1029x543px
>>48623290
If that meager character description makes you want to drink, you're just looking for excuses to drink. That's not even the F-listy parts.

>>48623316
Sure, whatever.

>>48623318
>And Werewolves doesn't have any equivalent to the passive benefits of Celerity.
Almost all of their forms give Defense against Firearms. And, arguably a Werewolf can eat a Vampire for Essence. They're still human after all. Hell, I'm pretty sure that's what Eaters of the Dead get their name from.

>>48623365
It's been posted in the thread. Hell, the book has been posted in the thread.

>>48623402
Well, a corpse was at one time living. I mean, I don't think Matter can do shit with a corpse, while Life presumably could. I tend to think of Life as less "living vital energy" and more "meat magic".

>>48623457
I had an idea for a Daeva that was basically some butch looking gangster chica that died in a shootout and someone took pity and embraced her. She did what she could to join the Spina and become less of a grubby guttersnipe, but had to fake being a dude because her mentor was a sexist old mentor stereotype. He found out she didn't have a dick and kicked her out into the world.
Basically it was Ezio from the first chapter of ACI as a modern chick. That was my concept at least. I wanted to play her in a MUSH before I remembered those are garbage, and used art of Ezio. I said she gave herself stubble by forcing the blood, which I *think* was a thing vampires could maybe do? At least, for transwomen vamps I'd used that logic for tiny titties.
>>
>>48623316
https://youtu.be/UUAAM1WE3Ng?t=229
For some reason my brain translated that as the Created in question jumping out in front of the newly Awakened Mage and going "OOGA BOOGA BOOGA!"
>>
>>48623457

I have a trans Promethean and the main reason her gender is at all notable is because her creation was a botched attempt at a resurrection. To see the man you once loved puppeted around by something unnatural that claims to be wholly different was jarring enough that her creator was horrified and shunned her, which heavily colored her Pilgrimage.
>>
>>48623565
btw as the thing I was trying to convey with the video didn't work, jump to 3:45.
>>
>>48623539
>Almost all of their forms give Defense against Firearms. And, arguably a Werewolf can eat a Vampire for Essence. They're still human after all. Hell, I'm pretty sure that's what Eaters of the Dead get their name from.

Sure, defence against firearms they have, but they have no way of INCREASING said defence.
>>
>>48623539

You sure it's been posted in the thread? All that's been thrown around is stuff that it may or may not be capable of doing.
>>
>>48623368
>I actually had a player (who's demure, dainty mannerisms reminded me of Touhou now that I think about it) who essentially wanted to be an anime trap. They described their concept as "a cute crossdressing gay boy" and he was beloved by everyone and never bullied or suffered any prejudice and was well liked because he was so cute and never had any sort of dysphoria (except maybe for feeling sad when he's not cute). I'm editorializing, but just barely.

Wow, after almost a decade Edward is still around...
>>
>>48623624
Learn to F3/Ctrl+F
>>48617659
>>
>>48623624
Right here >>48614396
>>
>>48623624
ctrl+f "vital".

>>48623693
I *AM* Edward, you idiot. Everyone knows Aspel/pdfanon/Lace/Edward/Drawde is the same person.
I'm the one posting the tomboy transgirl character sheet. That wasn't me, that was my game.
And, ironically, it was upended by the player that I trusted and who cajoled me into letting him play a high level Moros did something that put the chronicle in a 180 that I didn't want to run anymore.

Since when have I ever been demure or dainty?

Also I'm more impressed to see you still around.
>>
File: 1470340036158.jpg (111KB, 681x406px) Image search: [Google]
1470340036158.jpg
111KB, 681x406px
>>48623759
>Also I'm more impressed to see you still around.

This board is my tomb.
>>
>>48623805
Don't forget: You're here forever!
>>
>>48623805
>tfw been here since 2007
>>
>>48623539
>I don't think Matter can do shit with a corpse
Corpses are explicitly matter. You can do anything to a corpse with Matter that you can do to a rock. This is also true for things like fruit or beef. If it's not alive now and is material then it falls under Matter.
>>
>>48624045
(citation needed)
>>
>>48624163
> Things which were once alive but are no longer, as well as substances derived from life but which are not themselves alive, are also governed by this Arcanum. A Matter spell can rot and warp the boards of a wooden house, or turn a glass of water into wine.
>>
>>48623868

I fell into this pit in 2009, and now I write for them.
>>
>>48624335

Pray for a response to my submission soon.
>>
>>48624335
Who are you?
Also, we meant 4chan, and /tg/ in particular.

>>48623868
I've been on 4chan off and on since maybe 2005, 2006, but until around 2008 I spent most of that time on 7chan's /vg/ board despite being too poor for modern video games.
>>
>>48624507
Don't expect anything until, like, September.
>>
>>48623805
Who are you?
>>
>>48624678
Oldfag Yooroh who's known for playing slutty traps, and who has hormone problems so he takes estrogen and looks like a girl. Also a huge queermo, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>48622449
Based on the fictions and little fluff bits as far in as I am (not very) is try to personally grow while questing to look for clues for how to advance their pilgrimage.
>>
>>48622863
The more I read about the Divine Fire the more it sounds basically like sekhem run through a different color filter. And if you assume Dreams of Avarice isn't lying to you, it is even more disturbingly close.

I think Prometheans and Arisen are probably like first or second cousins.
>>
guys Im a terrible ST and have never run a game before

Reccomend me the best scenarios to read up to get some practice? Short easy for first time groups preferably
>>
>>48624914

Doubly so when you remember that mages struggle to even view both Pyros and Sekhem.
>>
>>48623805
>This board is my tomb.
We are all Arisen here now.
>>
>>48624507

I'll make sure to light a candle!

>>48624510

>Also, we meant 4chan, and /tg/ in particular.

"Going on 4chan", "liking tabletop games", and "being a regular in a bunch of WoD threads on /tg/" all came together in the same year, like some kind of triple hitter directly in the face.
>>
>>48625006

Ruins of Ur is a simple Mortal adventure with a lot of action potential. Blood Red+Ash Grey is a dense but straightforward Vampire adventure with a fun premise, when you feel comfortable with stepping up your ST game. The Abedju Cypher is pretty much Die Hard in a Museum Only Mages Are Here Too.
>>
Mag2e PoD when? I've got a game in two weeks, chop chop Onyx Path.
>>
>>48625200

Ruins of Ur is super good. It feels like a wayward Delta Green adventure.
>>
>>48624914
>I think Prometheans and Arisen are probably like first or second cousins.

Promethean rituals are debased versions of the Rite of Return. Mummy, Mage, and Promethean have this weird intersecting point.
>>
So, is prommie 2: electric boogaloo any good?
>>
>>48625463
Not as good as Mage 2e.
>>
>>48625463

No real general consensus yet, besides that the Disquiet and Wasteland mechanics are universally loved. People are divided about tight restrictions of the Roles and how one needs to use special XP to keep a power, and there's some dissatisfaction with how Alchemists are presented.

We'd need to wait a week or so to see how that all settles out.
>>
>>48625006
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/114063/Reap-the-Whirlwind
>>
File: 1469397167592.jpg (24KB, 338x328px) Image search: [Google]
1469397167592.jpg
24KB, 338x328px
>>48624745
I don't take estrogen! Thats the other fag. I just suck cock, bully ScaredOfShadows for liking werewolves and lurk these threads whenever my hope for Onyx Path needs to be killed again.
>>
>>48625463

A measurable improvement over 1e. Of you liked the original, you'll love the new edition, but it probably won't win over too many new fans.
>>
Any clue when the brochure will go up? Anyone at the con willing to share?
>>
>>48625463
Its pretty okay, the only fault I can find in it is that a third of the book is written xír xer xur xar hír yarr harr instead of using they/them like any sane writer would, but if you didn't see this coming from the writers when they were allowed to write about mismatched hideous/shallow people that everyone hates you were naive.
>>
>>48625913
I thought that was you. Do you still keep in touch with Rik? I haven't talked to him in a year or two.

>>48625975
Has GenCon started?
Someone tell me Deviant's subtitle.
>>
>>48626012
It's perfectly fitting for Prometheans. They even use It for some of the Unfleshed.

Also, speaking of pronouns, something about Combo is really unsettling. I think it's the "all my friends are dead... so I'll shove them together and make a new friend" aspect.
>>
>>48626082
Fitting would be using they them instead of politically charged tumblr jargon. Its unsightly and grammatically questionable.
>>
>>48626066

Gen Con started today but all of OPP's panels are Friday and Saturday.
>>
>>48626120
They wouldn't get across the alienness. That it stands out is sort of the point.

Also grammar is a lie. Death to prescriptivism.

>>48626127
Dave said he'd tell anyone who asked the title.
>>
We're all going to look back on this pronoun shit in another 5-10 years and go 'what the fuck were they thinking?'
>>
>>48626299
You should really clarify because that statement could go both ways.
>>
>>48626325
>>48626299
"Why did we get so bent out of shape over something so trivial and stupid? What kind of person got so angry over something that made people feel comfortable?"
>>
>>48626325
He's just covering his ass.
>>
>>48626299
More like 1-2 years. Its already in its twilight. I dread the next cutting edge autism that will take the place of the current SJW-transtrending-politically correct-privilege mongering-virtue signaling shit.

How I miss emos.
>>
>>48626343
>>48626325
>>48626344
Whatever will get you all to shut the fuck up about it.

For the record, I think they're all completely retarded and never want to experience them again, but you faggots are ten times worse.
>>
>>48626343
"How did those nutjobs get away with convincing thousands of people that gender and sex were separate concepts?"
>>
>>48626299
>my social circle literally has one cishet individual in it

ok
>>
BROCHURE WHEN
>>
>>48626399
How much of your social circle is online?
>>
>>48626424

Brochure soon, Stalker!
>>
>>48626367
This is what you remind me of
https://youtu.be/oipMuAxZsW8

>>48626388
>Implying there isn't a mountain of neurological evidence about that
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/
>>
>>48626706
Pointing out that trans have malformed brains isn't really helping your point.
>>
>>48626706
>Scientificamerican
>Article written by a journalist

http://www.theonion.com/article/pope-francis-beats-confession-out-uncooperative-ca-53458

Look anon, the pope is a savage.
>>
Is eye contact fundamental for using Dominate? My players just stare down whenever they are dealing with a Ventrue
>>
>>48626841
In VtM yes. Unless you've thralled the victim, then voice is enough. And you cant dominate people of lower generation then you.
>>
>>48626892
Ops, I meant VtR 2e
>>
>>48626805
And white.
>>
>>48626916
In VtR 2e, the victim needs to see your eyes, by default.
Making Auspex or Vigor-based devotions to make it work on say, touch instead of sight would be a cakewalk, though.
>>
File: vA9xsIn.png (421KB, 356x815px) Image search: [Google]
vA9xsIn.png
421KB, 356x815px
>>48626841
>>48626892
>>
>>48626790
We all have malformed brains.

>>48626841
>>48626916
It literally says that, yes. There's a sidebar and everything.
>>
Guys, is there a ruleset somewhere that outlines the narrative capacities of elder attributes? I hashed out that a Mage can quite easily pull their, say, Intelligence, up to 10, but I have no idea what's this supposed to represent and how, except "whatever you did at intelligence 5 but with a 5-die bonus".
>>
storypath spoilers pls gib
>>
>>48626424

it was supposed to be out today, where is it
>>
>>48627071
I seem to remember there was something (perhaps in oWoD) which stated that you got "genius points" for each dot in excess of 5. They reset at the end of each... Story?

You could use them to rewrite the story based on previously unmentioned, prior actions taken due to your inhuman intellect/charisma.

1 was for minor ones (I had already called the Police/rigged a bomb)
2 was for intermediate (don't worry guys, the police chief's been in my pocket for months)
3 was for extreme (my counter-sniper kills the other sniper)
>>
>>48627550
That's in Imperial Mysteries.
>>
>>48627705
Neat, even more appropriate then.
>>
>>48627071
>>48627550
>>48627705
>>48627725
>p17
>Optional System: Reversal Points
>If you like, you might give hyper-competent characters possess “reversal points” to represent superior insight and preparation. Each reversal point allows a player to retroactively declare a basic (1 point – bodyguards were shadowing you in case of attack), moderate (2 points – your countersniper shoots the sniper), complex (3 points – “My spy network knew about this weeks ago”) preparation to deal with an event that has just been revealed in play, such as a betrayal or unexpected encounter.
>Your character possesses one reversal point for each dot in an Attribute or Skill above 5, and may only spend points when the situation would apply both to the linked Trait and the declared preparation. You may also spend points to nullify other characters’ reversal points on a 1 for 1 basis.
>Your character recovers all reversal points at the start of each game chapter.
>>
>>48627550
>3 was for extreme (my counter-sniper kills the other sniper)

That's some Deathnote level shit right there.
>>
>>48627762

Huh. Skills in Night's Black Agents already work like this by default, but it's good to see that elsewhere; it certainly beats obsessive gear shopping and paranoid planning.
>>
>>48627762

Huh. Skills in Night's Black Agents already work like this by default, but it's good to see that elsewhere; it certainly beats obsessive gear shopping and paranoid planning.
>>
>>48627780
>>48627914
There are a lot of games that have that kind of thing as a narrative mechanic.
>>
If all the truths exist in the fallen world, wouldn't altering that set by making or unmaking them via Prime 5 basically act like the reality warping that the Abyss does?
>>
>>48627982

If I'm understanding you right, then my counter-argument is that Truths dwell in the Supernal and merely echo in the Fallen World.
>>
>>48627982
Not really. You can warp or unmake a specific instance of that truth's manifestation in the fallen world but the truth itself is safe in the Supernal. Even if you could target that truth directly no mage short of archmastery could change it in any way.
Things in the fallen are just imperfect shadows of higher truths.
>>
>>48627982
You're applying the principle of Making far too literally there. Truths in the Phenomenal world are a manifestation of Supernal Truth. You cannot cast to affect the Supernal, only the Phenomenal.

So you can use it to craft a representation of Truth (creating an Eidolon). Forge a font of Supernal truth (creating a Hallow). Or manifest within another's mind a Truth (giving them an Obsession).

You can't Unmake the truth of someone's car to destroy it.
>>
>>48628010
In that case, wouldn't trying to override the Supernal cause Paternoster to come down and pimpslap you?

>>48628047
Wouldn't affecting their manifestations be a lower practice since it already exists?

>>48628058
Trying to wrap my head around it. The way you phrase it sounds like you're moving the Supernal Truths to and from the Supernal Realm. Would lower practices just affect the degree to which they resonate with the Supernal, rather than being able to set the normal value to 0 or 1?
>>
>>48628125

That's the thing; you aren't touching the Supernal at all, and are never going to short of some cosmic tier shenanigans. You're dealing with a Fallen reflection, not the real thing.
>>
>>48628125
Prime only ever manifests representations of Truth, or compares what exists within the fallen to the Supernal source. Nothing can affect the Supernal bar Archmaster, but it can be referred to by spells.

Lower Practices usually either refer to the concept of Truth (usually affecting the mind), manipulate the Supernal's presence in the Phenomenal world (Mana and Tass), or another's ability to conceptualise it (fucking with Spells, Yantras and so forth).
>>
>>48628178
>>48628204
Could Prime 3 or 4 alter the rating of an existing Hallow?
>>
>>48628240
Hallow Dance (Prime 4) can suppress active hallows, or awaken dormant ones. However bar affecting their life cycle, you can only mess with a Hallow through the process of Making or Unmaking, as you're creating MORE of a Supernal Font, it has no aspects you can Pattern in order to enhance it without simply making it MORE.
>>
is anyone here at gen con?
>>
Holy shit could mages start with even more free shit at chargen? Talk about favorites
>>
>>48628696
If you're running a crossover game, it's your own damn fault.
>>
>>48628696
Are you using the Errata? They cut it down by quite a bit in terms of rotes.
>>
>>48628696
What free shit?
Also, Sin-eaters get more
>>
>>48628768
Only from a possible 6 (which would require them all to be Initiate) to a possible 3 (which all now be Disciple).

It's fully in conformity with the pricing of them in-game now, but still it's not something to trumpet as a balance-restoring mastertroke.
>>
Dexter is a Beast and Doaks is his hero, pass it on.
>>
File: Bvl4lS8IQAAee5z.jpg (26KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
Bvl4lS8IQAAee5z.jpg
26KB, 500x313px
>>48615067
What did you say, PUNK?!
>>
>>48628789
Who?
>>
that brochure is never going up, is it
>>
>>48623318
>Sure, Werewolves have a broader skill-set, and they can do what they do for longer, but they can't match vampires in short sustained bursts of violence.
The math has been done, it was o n werewoof forums when they came out. result: Unless the vampire is wielding silver or doing agg damage, or really high end of power like bp 7+the werewolf wins.
>Beyond Supernatural Advantage 2, Physical Intensity gives more benefits than Shapeshifting does.
Then you're wasting your Vitae pumping physical intensity when you could be healing. The werewolf is healing anyways.
>And Werewolves doesn't have any equivalent to the passive benefits of Celerity.
They have several ways to increase defens.
>Bonus: Vampires just need a merit to always be able to recharge from werewolves, werewolves can only recharge from humans, wolves and werewolves.
Werewolves don't need to spend as much essencein combat, this is why they win.

A vampire needs to fuel most of their powers with vitae, AND heal. A werewolf just needs to spend 1 essence to turn regen to lethal regen. And they don't even need to do that if they go garou. If they go kuruth pratically all their combat abilities activate for free and automatically too.
>>
>>48629067
the brochure usually goes up after gencon
that way people who actually go have a reason to pick up the brochure
>>
>A Tormented Promethean is fed up with this world, and it is tearing him apart.
>example elpises and torments are Fear, Fury, Joy, Sorrow, and Pain

kill everyone at white wolf
>>
>>48629186

Rich did say it would be up Thursday, along with the Storypath preview.
>>
>>48629192
It's just you Amy trying to point out the shit you wrote.
>>
>>48629192
>no option for End or Medic

shit list
>>
>>48629192
>white wolf

You're a few years late, bud.
>>
>>48623868
I remember high school, 05 or 06, I first found /b/. Took me probably until 08 to find /tg/. Here I am, and I guess here I'll stay.
>>
>The only limitations for what can serve as the basis of a new Unfleshed are that the body must be artificial, it must follow a basically human body plan — two arms, two legs, one head — and it must have a function.

No size limitations? So, does that mean I can have an inch-tall Unfleshed that's a Warhammer 40k miniature come to life, then?

Or, on the opposite side of the scale, well, what happens when someone tries to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjskzUlJOfc
>>
Do prometheans have a half-template or something similar to ghouls/wolf-blooded/proximi ?
>>
>>48629621

There no "half-Prometheans" or anything, but Alchemists are a fun not-quite-a-Minor-Template, though they're meant to be antagonists.
>>
>>48629621
No. Not in core, at least. There were Clones and Scions and Redeemed in the original line, but they all came later.

>>48629593
Probably would fail.
>>
>>48629202
>>48629186
Last year it went up the day Gen-Con started
I dunno about before that, but they said it would be Thursday this year, too.
>>
>>48629856

I'm just really curious; if it isn't a list of upcoming products, what is it? And that's saying nothing of how keen I am on the Storypath/Scion preview.
>>
>>48629192
>>example elpises and torments are Fear, Fury, Joy, Sorrow, and Pain

SNAKE EATERRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>48629991
That's all it is, as far as I know.
A list of upcoming stuff and recently published stuff with a short blurb about each thing.
>>
>>48628893
BIG
FAGGY
PRONOUNS
>>
>>48630049
Well these pronouns ain't just for combating the patriarchy!
>>
>>48630027

Rich had previously said it /wasn't/ that, but didn't explain what it was instead.

I'm super jealous of everyone at the con.
>>
>>48630177
it's just a 18 hour drive
>>
>>48630001
Cobra Squad Throng when?
>>
>>48630127
Aww. I was hoping for "detracting mates".
>>
So, how would you represent an inch-tall Unfleshed, anyway? Size 1? Would people get penalties to hit you with attacks since you're so tiny?

I'm just imagining an Unfleshed buying a bunch of Warhammer 40k miniatures kits, and building a customized Space Marine Librarian who wakes up with fragmentary memories of the 41st Millennium, where there is only war, and then proceeds to run around screaming "For the Emperor!" and blowing up Heretics and Mutants with blasts of fire and light (using the Phosporum Refinement).

Like, can you even imagine? A bunch of vampires in leather trenchcoats and bondage gear, lounging around a bar being decadent, when this tiny little figurine sneaks in, yells "For the Emperor!" in a tiny little voice, and then suddenly everything's fire and sunlight and screaming vampires.
>>
>>48630388

That's real dumb, anon. And Warhammer is shit.
>>
>>48630388
>Unfleshed are made of complex machines
>choosing resin minis that literally cannot be posed

wh
>>
>>48630437
>>The only limitations for what can serve as the basis of a new Unfleshed are that the body must be artificial, it must follow a basically human body plan — two arms, two legs, one head — and it must have a function.
>>
>>48630454

And what is the function? A miniature doesn't do anything.
>>
>>48630482
It's a game piece, anon. Its purpose is to play a game with.
>>
Question about a spell.

I want to use a Life veiling spell that makes me undetectable by living beings. I believe duration would be the primary factor, it would cost a mana because it'll make me auto-succeed stealth rolls, and the spell will suffer dissonance if someone sees me on camera, a mirror, or audio recordings.

Does it make sense for the spell to automatically work for all senses or should that be a reach or potency factor?
>>
>>48630388
That's kinda cool actually.

But wait, wasn't there an anime a few seasons ago about magical girl figures coming to life and getting into shenanigans.
>>
>>48630575
I don't think a Life Veiling spell would work that way. You'd need to use a transformation spell to give yourself chameleon skin, or directly alter a specific person's brain to make them ignore you. You'd need to use a Mind spell to do that sort of thing.
>>
>>48630626
There's been several movies and cartoons about it.
>>
>>48630642
Not him, but Matter can give physical matter an SEP field.
>>
>>48630642

No, that is in fact exactly something Life Veiling can do.

Veiling spells cut both ways: to hide from all instances of X (in this case Life), or to hide an instance of X from everything else.
>>
>>48622646
its reflexive, they do it the moment trouble starts
>>
>>48630575
>>48630642
>>48630667
>>48630746
Just crib Incognito Presence and call it a day.
>>
>>48623252
>>48623539
link?
>>
> Some [Prometheans] try to hold assemblies advertised by email and telephone, although the turnout of such endeavors has thus far been disappointing.

LOL. AzothCon 2016! Watch out for the ball pit, someone from 4chan /pol/ took a piss in it.
>>
>>48630482
Mannequins are valid Unfleshed.

>>48630942
Makoto Inoue.
I don't actually play, though.
>>
test test
>>
>>48614396
its a wonder the devs still come here when this happens
>>
>>48631174
It happened before they came and will happen when they leave
>>
>>48631174
well, two of them
and hil does rarely
>>
Why is the community on the official forums so shit? It's like they're in a competition over who can suck the most developer dick.
>>
>>48631508
did you get banned for getting into an autist argument over stupid shit? come here little baby uwu
>>
>>48631508
>Why is the community on the official forums so shit?
atamajakki's not just on the forum

it doesn't look to be about dev sucking, when people have problems with the material they bring it up
>>
>>48631546
>>48631508
It's not as if anons don't act like puppies starving for attention when decent writers pop up here, either. Dave has a cult following.
>>
>>48631508
I'm going to assume >>48631522 is right. There are TONs of people who constantly throw shitfits. Camilla is on the forums, for instance.
>>48631617
It seems like not unabashedly hating the developers is equivalent to sucking their dick to several bitter people. Yourself, it would seem, included.
>>
>>48631508
Like we don't suck cock
>>
>>48631644
>It seems like not unabashedly hating the developers is equivalent to sucking their dick to several bitter people. Yourself, it would seem, included.
Even this example shows the opposite. Unless you're absolutely 100% behind the developers, you unabashedly hate them.
Before 2e, the majority of posters here didn't like mage. They just liked Dave because he came and posted about it.
After it came out, only one person pointed out the problems with it. Everyone else pretended the problems didn't exist and defended Dave not fixing them.
>>
>>48631508

satchel shut the fuck up
>>
>>48631778

Whatif I disliked 1e Mage because it had no real focus and 2e zoomed in on the "obsessed with Mysteries" thing, on top of Dark Eras being good?
>>
>>48631866

නව නූල්
>>
>>48631778
>Even this example shows the opposite. Unless you're absolutely 100% behind the developers, you unabashedly hate them.
Except I've repeatedly criticized the game and I still slob the knob for not jumping on the hate train for every little thing that someone thinks might be a problem.

Also, no, the majority of the posters did not dislike Mage. There was one or two people who shitposted about how much they hated it, and they usually got shut down. And no, plenty of people pointed out problems with it. Most of the things Touhou bitched about weren't actual problems. They were him disliking the kind of game that CofD is, because it's not structured and defined for him.

And this is why I say you're included in that. Because you're bitching that other people aren't hating things. You're accusing people of obsessing about the developers. For fucks sake you can have problems with something and still like it. I can disagree with how the game plays as-is and still understand that it's by and large intended to run that way.
>>
>>48632050
>Most of the things Touhou bitched about weren't actual problems. They were him disliking the kind of game that CofD is, because it's not structured and defined for him.
They were and still are issues with the mechanics that the game is structured for because no one is bothering to change it.

>Because you're bitching that other people aren't hating things.
You're the one bringing up hate.
>You're accusing people of obsessing about the developers.
Just Dave. Last year anons begged to be able to hug him if they met him at Gencon (which they weren't going to).
>For fucks sake you can have problems with something and still like it.
You just dismissed the problems people had with it and accused the people with problems about it of being bitching hatemongers
>>
>>48632050
He's right, dude.

You're here saying people here don't like games as if they talk casually about it and don't obsess over the developers. Then in your next sentence you talk about how the only people who have problems with the games are people who don't understand them, and defending liking them even if you don't play their games.

How many threads has /wod/ gone through where someone doesn't mention Dave? Where someone has a problem with mage and isn't barraged with posts telling him how he doesn't get it?
>>
>>48632125
>You're the one bringing up hate.
No I'm not >>48631508

>Last year anons begged to be able to hug him if they met him at Gencon (which they weren't going to).
That was Ian.
Also, no, I'm not dismissing the problems.

>>48632194
I'm talking about the people who argue that the entire system is broken because they don't like a spell or two. We had someone bitching earlier about how Disrupt the Vital Humours is gamebreaking.
>>
>>48629163
using essence to buff your healing is on a by turn basis. You need to keep spending essence to keep healing lethal unless you go into warform. But that's also an advantage, if they don't mind going absolutely batshit, they can drop into war form and STAY in war form for the entire scene, unless you can delay them somehow for long enough for it to end(15 minutes, minimum I think)
>>
>>48625089
Dave has said there's some very striking similarities between the two.

>reseru reporting in
>>
>>48629303
Paradox now owns the new White Wolf
>>
>>48631806
savage.

too bad he's the smartest guy there still
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.