[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 10

> Previous Thread: >>48567402

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
http://theonyxpath.com/v20-summer-bundle/

http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-curse-of-the-blue-nile-and-v20w20-starter-bundles/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/a-bit-o-beckett-a-gram-of-gen-con-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question
What is your favorite Lineage?
>>
I want to cum inside the Dark Mother
>>
>>48594359
But anon, you are the dark mother
>>
>>48594359
But beasts happen when the Dark Mother comes inside you...
>>
File: Extempore_Spread.jpg (747KB, 1632x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Extempore_Spread.jpg
747KB, 1632x1056px
Opinions on the Extempore?
>>
>>48594433
I think they're rather interesting in contrast to the other Lineages. Their lack of direction or culture to guide them makes them perhaps the most hopeless of Prometheans, but I suppose it will also give them the greatest sense of triumph if they ever fully ascend.
>>
>>48594433
best girl
>>
>>48594936
hope not
that doesn't say much for every other char
>>
PROMETHEAN

SOON
>>
>>48595659
what time tomorrow, like midnight today or like noonish or what?
>>
>>48595659
Oh really, when?
>>
>>48596168

Wednesday.
>>
>>48596232
It is Wednesday for me. Promethean now?
>>
>>48596022

Releases are usually around 12-5pm EST on release day.
>>
So what is the God-Machine probably?
>>
>>48596711
Ancient
Massive
Enigmatic
Menacing
Eclectic
>>
Brace for this place to be a shitposting night,are when Promethean drops, by the way. This place is gonna have dogged idiots moaning about nonstandard pronouns for weeks.
>>
>>48594338
>http://theonyxpath.com/a-bit-o-beckett-a-gram-of-gen-con-monday-meeting-notes/
this is old. pls update in next thread.
>>
>>48596872
Just what does it say, anyway?
>>
>>48597025
It's Promethean, the only game in the line where nonstandard pronouns would actually make any sense. You can bet your ass it'll be drowning in them.
>>
Idigam, Strix, and Huntsmen. Why is 2e so bad at making new antagonists tg?
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/the-quick-the-dead-monday-meeting-notes/
>>
>>48597025

You get a lot of sie and I think a handful of zie, plus a lot of they.

Doesn't bother me any.

>>48597052

Idigam and Strix weren't new and I like them both. I'll have to see the final version of Huntsmen before I can judge.
>>
>>48597052
Idigam were there since the beginning and are scary "big bad monster" creatures. I like them.

Strix are questionable, but they're interesting enough as a monster that preys on Vampires.

And Huntsmen? Well, I always preferred the Gentry themselves coming out of Arcadia to trick people into coming come with them, or recover their favourite Dancing Doll...

But there's no reason they can't do that as WELL as having eternally roving lesser Fae. I mean, the threat of your Keeper coming to get you was always there, but the threat of ANY nearby Huntsman grabbing you if you fuck up seems more real.
>>
>>48597066
>>48596872
>>being pissed off about abominations created with no gender using non gendered pronouns
>>
>>48597199

Again, I don't mind, but this place has been complaining about individual sidebars in Mortal Remains and M20 for ages now.
>>
>>48597176
>And Huntsmen? Well, I always preferred the Gentry themselves coming out of Arcadia to trick people into coming come with them, or recover their favourite Dancing Doll...
Huntsmen are horrible because there's no way to get rid of them without running away or betraying another Changeling.
>>
File: Dr. Nemesis.jpg (626KB, 1255x1287px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Nemesis.jpg
626KB, 1255x1287px
I know it's only a fan splat, and a relatively poorly considered one by many, but does anyone here have any practical experience running Genius the Transgression?

Are there any pearls of wisdom you've learned from running it? I get that in many ways it's similar to Mage the Awakening, but I'm considering a new campaign and I think my group might be receptive to the though of playing Mad Scientists who have to come to terms with the fact that they're not really doing science at all.

I mean, I've never even touched the concept of Mad Scientists in my games before.
>>
>>48597269
I couldn't find their rules in the publically released content. Are they just unkillable? Or do they like regenerate, pulling themselves back together.
>>
>>48597289
If you kill them they just come back later.
>>
>>48597217
Yeah, I know. We're good.

I tend to do the opposite and bitch about stuff having humanoid secondary sex characteristics and gender signifiers when they are not humanoid life forms and don't reproduce sexually.

I'll back off now, this thread seems pretty chill.

>>48594359
Why do you assume the great mother has not already stolen your seed and used it to birth murderous creatures you will never see?
>>
>>48597301
Like, them specifically? With all the info they gathered in their last life? Or just another one.
>>
>>48597343
The same one.
>>
So does anyone have Promethean character concepts they've been sitting on or once played?

I made a Galateod back when I got the playtest documents, but never got to play her because I was the ST. Anyone wanna hear?
>>
>>48597378
That sucks.
If you managed to kill the physical form of one of the Gentry, good job. You probably only killed one part of it and the rest is wiser to you, but you still actually DID something.

Depsite the fact that even the act of fighting it adds to its tale, and feeds it.
>>
In 1e, how could non-Promethean's snag Pyros?
>>
>>48597399
And that's not even getting into how stupid it is that leaving town is even a suggestion. I mean, if you leave town as a PC what are you supposed to do? Just reroll your character?
>>
>>48597414

Same as in 2e, stealing it from a Promethean. I don't think Pyros naturally appears outside of the internal furnace of a Promethean and the stuff that makes up a qashmal.
>>
>>48597432
Can you point me towards the rules for them?
Because some Changelings must manage to exist without the Court system, or they persist when the system falls apart due to greed or idiocity.
And simply leaving the cities can't just drop you straight into a hornet's nest of Fae jackasses who'll dogpile your ass and drag you back off to the Rape Factory.
>>
>>48597452
Qashmal use essence though

And you're saying Pyros is sort of the background static of the world and it can't be claimed in any other way? Lame.
>>
>>48597470

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/805704-meet-the-huntsmen

Courts keep changelings alive necause they conduct rituals to keep the fae away. A single changeling alone in the wilderness is gonna get picked off.
>>
>>48597506

Qashmal use Pyros in 2e, and are on a different wavelength of Twilight than ghosts and spirits.

I see Pyros as being a fundamental energy much like Sekhem; both are incredibly hard to interact with or even detect, which fits for "the only known source of new souls" and "the incarnate lifeforce of reality," rspectively.
>>
>>48597050
I suppose you could argue they make sense for the unchained as well, what with Covers and all.
>>
>>48597576

They make sense in all the games, anon.
>>
>>48597066
>plus a lot of they
Pleased by this one. I'm still butthurt by the seemingly overwhelming SJW refusal of the singular They.
>>
>>48597603
As a key part of the concepts and themes of the game.

Sure a Hunter can go by non-standard pronouns, but that's not expected or encouraged by the very nature of their existence as a stitched together amalgam of 6 various bodies, or an alien being cohabiting the lives of 4 very different people.
>>
>>48597629
I thought singular They was banned?
>>
>>48597629
>the seemingly overwhelming SJW refusal of the singular They.

I'm as "SJW" as they come and see a hell of a lot more They than I do Sie or Xir or anything else.

>>48597660

Dave had mentioned that. Maybe it changed after my playtest or maybe the final book won't have it, who knows?
>>
>>48597660
By whom, whiny internet babies?
They is a perfectly acceptable non-specific singular.
>>
>>48597603
A non-binary Vampire is only as normal as a non-binary mortal. (Well, maybe a little more. Living hundreds of years can really fuck with your priorities and preconceptions.)

It's far more within the realm of the expected to see it with Prommies and Demons, though.

>>48597660
Oh I hope not. That would be even stupider than "Never use passive voice".
>>
>>48597692

I could see the Ordo Dracul rapidly progressing beyond a standard concept of gender, to say nothing of more monstrous Nosferatu or bestial Gangrel. Werewolves already deal with the notoriously fluid spirits, and doubly so with 2e's Mother Wolf thing. Mages have Mind and Life to run in circles around topics of gender and sex, respectively.
>>
>>48597540
I thought Dave said they didn't exist in twilight at all.
>>
>>48597050
>>48597576
>>48597645
>>48597603
>Only
The only game where it DOESN'T make sense (as a thing worth noting) is probably Vampire. Or, I guess, Hunter
Hell, in Changeling I've seen maybe six people who've never met pull the "my Keeper made me a girl" thing. And at least two of them were Alice in Wonderland themed.

Although, as Jakki points out, transpeople exist.

>>48597629
SJWs love Singular They. They just also like other options.

>>48597052
Only the Huntsmen are new. Also you're wrong and dumb and I bet your face is stupid.

>>48597176
Huntsmen are nice because the Gentry coming out personally is stupid and goes against the entire concept of the Gentry.

>>48597199
This thread got pissed about Doctor Jhess. Who looks like David Bowie, by the way.

>>48597470
>>48597432
>>48597399
>>48597378
>>48597343
>>48597301
>>48597289
>>48597269
Maybe you should have brought those complaints up in the discussion forums. It's probably too late now.

>>48597397
Lace
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/7307326/
>A depressing tale of Promethean done right. Desperate striving for humanity gone horribly wrong due to incomprehension and lack of empathy.
There was a second thread, but it's lost to the ages.

>>48597688
No, you idiot. By their outdated style guide. You're being a whiny internet baby, and the people you call whiny internet babies a) have no power, because b) if they did, OPP would use Singular They for Baphomet instead of the awkward and wordy His/Her.
>>48597660
DEATH TO PRESCRIPTIVSM
>>
>>48597678
>see a hell of a lot more They than I do Sie or Xir or anything else.

Thank the dark mother. I can handle non-binary, it's the made-up-awkward-to-read-special-snowflake pronouns that set my autism ablaze.

>>48597715
True, but even those are still going to be a bit niche. Meanwhile Promethean has the Unfleshed, who were never so much as organisms. Non-binary is/would be almost the norm.
Then demon covers can be "I was in a hurry and slapped these together but I accidentally put a '2' for gender instead of '1' or '0'" or "I identified as female but after wearing 18 male covers in a row I'm not so sure anymore"
>>
>>48597757

I'm just going off my documents here. Remember, my material is over a year old.
>>
>>48597766
>Maybe you should have brought those complaints up in the discussion forums
Fairly certain other people would have already talked their ears off about it.
>>
>>48597757
He did, but that's retarded since they can dematerialize
>>
>>48597766
>transpeople exist
No, they just think they do and their delusions are fed by doctors and surgeons who are either misguided or care more about money and prestige than actually helping people.
>>
>>48597822
>this triggers the AmyV
>>
>>48597798

I'm looking forward to see future Mummy material address Twilight as a place, because it'll be fun to see that conflict with everything else calling it several related and similar supernatural states of matter.
>>
>>48597853
You know, I enjoyed the days when a splat would just go "holy shit, what the fuck is that", rather than having opinions and ways to access fucking everyhing.
>>
>>48597884

???

The only places Mummies have access to are reality, Twilight, and Duat, with Duat being a completely inaccessible mystery to literally every other being in the CofD setting. And the only individuals outside of Beasts who can touch the Primordial Dream are some Mages, mayb some Changelings, and the rare few mortals who can actively wander in dreams. Demon's splintered timelines are unique to it, and Mage 2e proposes going /into/ the Gauntlet to deal with weirdness there.

There's still plenty of "what the fuck is that" in the current books.
>>
>>48597397
I've looked at the game a few times, with different ideas each time
>A Galatea who was made to be the new boyfriend of a lonely biologist, but ended up becoming his secret sex slave until he eventually killed the biologist and freed himself
>An Unfleshed who was created by an engineer with the intent of being the first in a line of humanoid robots he planned to start selling, but during the various tests he was running he ended up treating the Unfleshed more and more like a robo-butler, until eventually he just forgets about him and leaves the door unlocked long enough for the Unfleshed to escape into the world
>An Extempore born in a situation very similar to the Swampman thought experiment; guy goes out into the swamp/whatever is outside the city, storm happens, he gets zapped, another simultaneous lightning strike elsewhere in the area re-arranges some atoms and molecules or w/e to be a perfect replica of the dead guy, and he just returns to town and tries to go about his life as if nothing happened...until Disquiet kicks in/he realizes he's got powers/whatever
>>
>That guy in the last thread triggering SJWs with fantasy raping someone in torpor
Top kek
>>
>>48597962

I've got a Galatea created as a mistaken attempt to bring a dead lover back to life, scorned for not being the person her body belonged to and for being transgender. Her name is Angel and I really hope to play her someday.

The other is an Extempore born from a volcanic eruption on a Hawaiian island, desperate to find a family and/or get to the mainland.
>>
>>48597935
>There's still plenty of "what the fuck is that" in the current books.

Beast, Demon, Mage all have all-access skeletons keys

Werewolf doesn't, but can still access everywhere that exists in 2e

Vampires are the sub-saharan niggers of the CofD and are the only ones barred from most realms by their intrinsic powerset
>>
Is anyone ITT going to be at the con? I'd love to have someone report back from the panels and maybe snag a Scion pin for me.

>>48598077

I don't think Werewolves can get into the Underworld or the Hedge any easier than a mortal can, and I distinctly remember some Vampires being able to mess with the Underworld and the Shadow. Prometheans only deal with the Shadow if they're Ulgans and only visit the Underworld by dying. It wouldn't surprise me if Deviants stay firmly in our world.
>>
>>48594433
So they are like Elementals?
>>
>>48598010
>The other is an Extempore born from a volcanic eruption on a Hawaiian island, desperate to find a family and/or get to the mainland.
Maybe their problem is that they cannot swim, seriously.
>>
>>48598250

Volcanic rock is heavy, man.
>>
>>48597768
>Thank the dark mother. I can handle non-binary, it's the made-up-awkward-to-read-special-snowflake pronouns that set my autism ablaze.
I honestly hate this argument. Especially the "made up word" part.
Do you think all words we have have always existed?
People who are willing to accept tweet, meme, emoji, etcetera but not "made up" gender pronouns are making an arbitrary choice.

> "I identified as female but after wearing 18 male covers in a row I'm not so sure anymore"
Jeez, 18? What a slut.

>>48597795
Whoops, turns out no one did, maybe if you said something you could have prevented this!

>>48597822
>I'm right about everything even though I'm clearly uneducated
Yep, exactly that. You know best, Anon.

>>48598002
>Implying anyone was triggered
Anon, you're dumb.

>>48598077
Actually there's a Vampire Discipline from 1e all about the Shadow.
Also, no one is barred from anything, and even mortals could go to those places.
Mage doesn't have all access skeleton keys, just the means to fill a keyring, and they're the splat all about going anywhere and potentially doing anything.
There's also still plenty of "what the fuck is that". Hell, there's plenty of it for anyone. Like the Ten Photographs.
https://youtu.be/KQHxfF_2PkQ
https://youtu.be/LWCGAEjsI2Q
https://youtu.be/Cyx7AvmFvXE
>>
>>48597276
I've been running it for years and have had great fun, but it's a little late to explain it now.
>>
>>48598322
>Jeez, 18? What a slut.

Stop Loudshaming her, how dare you judge her for going Loud as often as she wants and burning through covers. Dangerously toxic attitude.

>>48598322
>People who are willing to accept tweet, meme, emoji, etcetera but not "made up" gender pronouns are making an arbitrary choice.

The word isn't what people dislike, it's the imagined alternate gender they've assigned to themselves when the upset person "knows" there are only two genders.
>>
>>48598322
>Whoops, turns out no one did
I find that very, very, VERY hard to believe

>>48598381
Even like, the quickest rundown would be appreciated. Even just "don't let them do this", or "this shit is cool".
>>
>>48597660
>I thought singular They was banned?
Singular they WAS banned by the Official White Wolf Style Guide. Maybe they saw sense and finally relaxed that ridiculous restriction.
>>
>>48598276
Hmm..so maybe on land they are perfectly normal, but when they are over water or part of them touches it, they petrify.
>>
>>48598415
>I find that very, very, VERY hard to believe
No, but I feel "someone else could have said it" is a bad excuse to not even go look and add your two cents.

>>48598408
>Dangerously toxic attitude.
So is Going Loud.
>The word isn't what people dislike, it's the imagined alternate gender they've assigned to themselves when the upset person "knows" there are only two genders.
But Anon, that's even worse!
... or is it? I mean, I do wear that Death to Prescriptivists hat a lot...

>>48598459
DEATH TO PR... I mean, let's hope so. It was the fucking Word of the Year for shitsake.
>>
>>48598415
There's so much cool shit in there that it depends on what your group gravitates towards. My group loves Manes and Bardos (and so do I), while I'm also incredibly fond of the whole concept of Jabir.

One note: Katastrofi will annihilate anyone who doesn't have Prostasia, and anyone who has Prostasia will laugh off anyone who doesn't have Katastrofi. I tried to make someone who didn't have Prostasia but used Exelexi for Wolverine-style regeneration. Things did not end well for her.
>>
>>48598486
Singular "they" is offensive to any nonbinaries in your group. You should encourage them to make up their own pronouns, even if they prefer "they". That's practically being an Uncle Tom, you know.
>>
>>48598597
Anon, stop being a fucking idiot. I know it's hard, but please...
>>
>>48598597

"They" is grammatically incorrect. "He" is what should be used in mixed or unknown company.

Even better? It's not made up.
>>
File: Gaston.jpg (47KB, 541x797px) Image search: [Google]
Gaston.jpg
47KB, 541x797px
>>48598758
>>
Can people shut up about pronouns for a sec? What's this I hear about Promethean 2e? How is it going to be different? Are thee still going to be refinements and lineages or is it going to be like changeling 2e all over again? I ask because I just convinced my girlfriend to play in a solo campaign of it and I was just about to revise on it when I hear about a new edition.
>>
>>48598786

Changeling 2e is perfectly fine, anon. There's no need to moan.

All of the Lineages are in except the Zeka and all of the Refinements are in plus a new one, with Centimani barred from play by default and explicitly seen as a fail state of the Pilgrimage, albeit one you can come back from.
>>
Is there a short course on CofD integrity, because it doesn't make sense to me on humans with supernnatural merits
>>
>>48598842
>in plus a new one
Are we talking Extempore or something different? Also I'm angry about the fact the Refinement of Flux is no longer playable. Not that you can't make Flux-tainted abilities for the other Refinements, but still.
>>
>>48598758
>Even better? It's not made up.
It's antiquated, though. And, for bonus points, it's what replaced the Singular They! It really was just a choice by some guy that everyone else agreed to go along with. She would have been just as valid, but instead He was chosen.
Also, Singular They was never "grammatically incorrect". Technically speaking there's no such thing as grammatically incorrect, language is all about arbitrary choices that are only made to facilitate communication.
Source on that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singular_they#Trend_to_prescription_of_generic_he_from_19th_century

>>48598767
*golfclap*
Remember that guy who argued that Gaston was the hero in Beauty and the Beast, even though he's a sociopath who locked a man in an insane asylum to marry his daughter, then tried to murder her beau simply because you can't show rape in a Disney movie?

>>48598786
>I ask because I just convinced my girlfriend to play in a solo campaign of it and I was just about to revise on it when I hear about a new edition.
Bunches?

>>48598973
Why doesn't it? They're still basically humans.
>>
>>48598999

Centimani are in the book, just in the antagonist section. You can still play as one, you just shouldn't.

The new Refinement is Phosphorum, the daredevils.
>>
>>48599045
>Why doesn't it? They're still basically humans.

Yeah but when you can sneeze lightning or whatever, seeing someone explode is going to be a lot less damaging
>>
>>48599098
>the daredevils.
Dammit, Now I'm picturing Joseph Joestar as a Phosphorum Promethean.
>>
>>48599104
>seeing someone explode is going to be a lot less damaging
Only through degeneration hardening you to certain things
>>
>>48599123
So what are the consequences of high/low integrity except modifiers on future integrity rolls?
>>
>>48599139
The Guilty, Shaken, Spooked, Broken, Fugue, or Madness conditions.

Which bar Shaken are fairly inconvenient, and hard to shake.
>>
>>48599104
Not really. Just because you can make electricity doesn't mean you're intimately familiar with having the inside of someone's head splashed across your face. And the upholstery. And the walls. And the ceiling.

>>48599139
Modifiers on future rolls is pretty meaningful when failing has such hefty consequences.

>>48599195
I want a Big Book of Derangements. Maybe I should work to make some new Conditions. I particularly like the idea of Persistent Conditions being used like Flaws.
>>
Are "Orphean" Ulgans possible in Promethean 2e? I've always prefered ghosts to spirits.
>>
>>48599369
>when failing has such hefty consequences.

Conditions that can be shed by gaining/losing more Integrity? Or something else?
>>
>>48599377
That's not enough for you?
>>
>>48597315
>you will never spend quality time with your murderous monster children

Why even live?
>>
>>48597660
It's perfectly legal now. They changed the gramm rules.
>>
>>48599538
It's always been legal, it was never grammatically incorrect. That's not even how grammar works.
It's banned by the Style Guide.
>>
>>48598002
It's not Rape if she's got Auspex 5 or higher
>>
>>48599600
>That's not even how grammar works.
>this nigga doesn't know about the Shadow Council's secret grammar meetings

Sad
>>
>>48596755
A meme?
>>
>>48599195
Pff. Spooked is best condition. Easy to and fun to resolve too.
Just remember that WoD is an action-horror film.
>>
>>48599641
But what if you've high levels of dominate? At that point you should pretty much just assume rape at all times.
>>
>>48600000
Nice digits.
>>
>>48600000
Congratulations!
>>
>>48600000
Witnessed
>>
>>48600000
WITNESSED!
Nux Extempore when?
>>
>>48600312
>Nux Extempore
EXPLOSION MAAAAAAN
Named so because he walked out from an explosion unscathed.
Disquiet: everyone in radius fumbles on one or two basic tasks, and in higher levels explosions happen.
>>
>>48600000
MOTHERFUCKING QUINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Im a Mage and hubby is a Proximus and his grandfather a Mage. Any chance our kid will awaken?
>>
>>48600415
Of course. It might even be higher than normal.
(Odds are he might have a minor supernatural power though.)
>>
>>48600415
In-universe? Not much more than anyone else.
In-game? No fucking doubt.
>>
>>48600000
Witnessed!

My games start like '28 days later' or 'assault on precinct 13' and end like 'shaun of the dead' or 'hot fuzz'.
>>
Prommie2 will be out today, right?
>>
Sup guys. I want to run a cofd game based on lets call it "internet horror". Creepy internet sites, rogue ai, souls in the web all that stuff. Im not very familiar with the books besides core\requiem\awakening\vigil so my question: is there some kind of "internet moster" thing in source books or stories or whatever material i can use.
>>
>>48601568

This literally works for all splats.
Hunter: Network Zero is a group of Hackers that research,expose and document supernatural phenomena.
Demon: Demons and Angels are just Cyborgs so that goes hand in hand with each other. Demons could use the Deep Web to communicate for example. Or maybe a certain website is key to a piece of Infrastructure.
Vampires: Vampires are more or less the most human monster of all the splats and thus have the same fears, interests and motivations as real people. And like how every new generation adepts to newer technology so do Vampires. And most Elder vampire are hundreds of years old or even thousands.
Werewolves: Werewolves are all about spirits. Capturing them, talking with them, protecting them and so on. And the term spirit is pretty broad. They are born from concepts, emotions and are usually tied to an area or item. So it is not a big jump to imagine a haunted website. The Glass Walkers are also a Werewolf tribe that mixes traditional Werewolf shamanism with modern technology.
Mages: Literally all of the above.
>>
>>48601568
You may want to look at Mirrors - Infinite Macabre, as it deals with a lot of cyberpunk themes. A rogue AI could literally be a ghost or spirit or anything similar.
>>
>>48602359
>WoD in space
Oh fuck this is amazing. Crossover with Warhammer when?
>>
>>48602425
Hah, I got a good response from recommending the wrong book. I had meant "Bleeding Edge", but if you like what you see, why not?
>>
>>48602471
Sorry I was not that guy I just forgot this book existed. People criticize nWoD and I like both editions for their own reasons. But what nWoD does really well is having fun with different settings.
>>
>>48599677
Yes
>>
Promethean and Gen-Con Pamphlets when?
>>
File: 84684643.jpg (36KB, 640x390px) Image search: [Google]
84684643.jpg
36KB, 640x390px
So hey, I need some help with a WtA story idea i'm having.

The idea was to run the players through a wendigo horror story up in the Pacific northwest (Yes yes I know the legends don't originate around that area) but not make it too obvious what's going on, fool them into thinking its a bane spirit or some other supernatural horror preying on people and cannibalizing them, or turning people into cannibals.

My question is how do I make this spooky for a small pack of werewolves from WtA, without making the wendigo (or THE Wendigo) a huge pile of stats - or basically a 'rocks fall' situation if they try to (rightly) combat it like most werewolves would?
>>
>>48602828
Look up the game Until Dawn
Have them be just as elusive and hard to kill
>>
>>48601082
>>48602772

Somewhere between now and 5pm EST is the most likely time. Keep in mind that many people in the Onyx Path camp are en route to or at Gencon.
>>
>>48602828
Here's an idea: play Forsaken instead.
>>
>>48603267

No.
>>
>>48603267
This, especially given that DtD has Wendigo Psychosis as a thing the God Machine can inflict upon people.
>>
>>48597768
When I see non-standard pronouns I like to pretend the text is read by a stereotypical German scientist.

"Das ist mein child. Zie ist incredible, ja?"
>>
>>48603405

Not interested in GMC or WtF, sorry. Using what I know and have, and the same can be said of my players. We already broached the topic of GMC and WtF, no one really wanted to. Not for lacking of trying of course, we've had past games in it but it never really caught fire like WtA did.

In all honesty I think they'd rather play DtD or VtR if I brought up nwod but they asked for werewolves and i'm in the mood for them, so WtA it is.
>>
>>48603473
I have a friend who is a massive grognard about WtF too. I don't get it. Like I prefer some CofD (or at the time, nWoD) lines but get why people liked the old ones too even if it had some 90s game design baggage I hated, but WtA I felt was the weakest of the trinity when held up next to the nWoD ones for comparison.

What makes WtA click for you that WtF doesn't? Is it the fact street sharks can exist in one but not the other without some houseruling?
>>
>>48601568
You can also just drop your favorite creepy-pastas into the game. Some might require statting. Others just need a narrative.
>>
>>48603543

Not them, but a big reason why WtA can click in ways that WtF might not is that WtA presents itself as a blood opera at the end of the world: night's closing in, the enemies are at the gate, and yet the Garou Nation cannot hold. WtF instead goes for a lower key "this is what we do, and what we do is hunt" which is just as fun but a little harder to get across as an elevator pitch.
>>
>>48599370

Yup. The Ephemeral Flesh bestowment lets you interact with ghosts, too.
>>
>>48603543

They aren't grognards they just didn't feel as.. inspired? Entertained? Amused? by WtF lore as they did when reading WtA for the first time. Most of them only learned about WtA two years ago when I pulled out my books.

>t WtA I felt was the weakest of the trinity when held up next to the nWoD ones for comparison

I have to politely disagree, this is too subjective a thing to discuss. I don't care for oMage's premise or magic system and think it undermines everything else about the shared setting even worse than DtF did/does. The Technocracy is cool though.

>What makes WtA click for you that WtF doesn't?

The Tribes having more history and 'character' to them beyond some broad strokes stuff (WtF has lodges but that didn't really excite them?) , the world-spanning war and conspiracies, the (de)centralized antagonists, the whole 12 minutes until the Apocalypse nature of it, the idea that you are warriors born and your life will be one filled with tragedy, peril and a gruesome death fighting against impossible odds.

>Is it the fact street sharks can exist in one but not the other without some houseruling?

Yeah, the oWoD Fera get a lot more love from my group compared to how they're presented in nWoD. I have to preface this with the fact that we can pick out and ignore some of the dumber parts in their lore, gifts, etc. I could say much the same of WtF and some of its earlier books, too.
>>
>>48603764
>They aren't grognards they just didn't feel as.. inspired?
The dude I know is totally a grognard. The anon in this thread may not be and it was unfair to apply the term to him.

Sorry anon.
>>
What are the various Bestowments anyway, including the example Extempore ones?
>>
>>48603923

I don't know what to tell you about WtA grogs. Technically I am, I came in with very late 2nd edition WtA it was my first TTRPG even! but I've been able to move onto other games and distinguish why older stuff was bad. But sometimes its more satisfying to play what you know and are comfortable with, or what inspired you when you were younger.

I can't say I agree entirely with WtF's direction so that puts me at odds. If the dialog was closer to WtA's theme of playing doomed warriors I think I could get behind it more.
>>
>>48603968

Oh and I don't care for its rage mechanic or everyone freaking out about players being in warform outside of combat. To me, 'Crinos drum circles' were one of the least problematic parts of WtA, and were probably one of the more charming parts of a very brutal yet silly setting. Feels like the new breed just missed the point and only saw stuff like the third edition Children of Gaia tribebook and decided it was ALL that bad.
>>
>>48603473
Have you tried 2e? It's actually a pretty solid game, compared to 1e Forsaken.

>>48603764
>>48603968
Just to point out: You know you can essentially run an Apocalypse style game in Forsaken, right?

>>48603995
Crinos drum circles make Crinos less meaningful. It's not that the "new breed" missed the point, it's that it has an entirely different point to make. It's not about being a viking fighting Captain Planet villains, it's about being a werewolf, hunting and fighting and creating a territory and always on the verge of losing yourself to the thrill of battle and blood. And, really, that last one is what provides the tension in a good werewolf story. Otherwise you get Big Wolf On Campus instead of the myths of even a man who's pure of heart and says his prayers by night becoming a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

And, again, you might prefer 2e, as it brings back some of the things that Apocalypse had that *weren't* about Captain Planet villains. Werewolves don't go live off in the woods in their WACO compounds, but they do have large extended families that they've put together as their Pack.

It's worth it to check out. A lot of the people in this thread will probably be of the opinion that Forsaken 2e can do what you want a lot better if what you want is "werewolves" as opposed to fighting Pentex and the Wyrm.

Also, really you shouldn't do that game in Werewolf period. Werewolf is not a game for hiding from the monster and playing Survival Horror. It's a game for shouting into the hurricane and diving in with fangs bared as your packmates harry the foe from all sides. A Wendigo store flat out doesn't work in that system or setting because it's so antithetical to it. At best an unstoppable monster works mid-season, but not as a one shot or the first story. Go with CofD mortals. I'm not even sure why you'd think that'd be a good idea, really...
>>
>>48604425

I didn't like the group rage mechanics, although the rest seems like an improvement.. except for the double downing on the 'We Are Hunters' narrative that did not inspire me or my group. Felt more like a single aspect of what they should be, or used to be in WtA. Maybe for a low key games or short stories that would be cool but an entire game premise built around it? not enthralling.

> it's about being a werewolf, hunting and fighting and creating a territory and always on the verge of losing yourself to the thrill of battle and blood.

That was also a part of WtA, its just that your enemies where everywhere, overwhelming, and you'll lose more than just your territory if you fail.

But you're already using memes about the game so I think I'm going to back away now. Thanks for the input, I guess.
>>
>>48604550
I think the reason the apocalyptic end of WtA had to be left out in WtF is that the nWoD was a conscious effort to not make a universe where the huge metaplot you can't affect at all drives all the splats. There's no coming return of Cain for the vampires, no end of the world looming for werewolves. Or rather there absolutely can be, but it is a GM call to make.

I actually prefer that a lot, I hate the late 90s metaplot is king style of setting writing. Even though it still exists in games nowadays it is a lot less of a deliberate yoke around the neck of players or GMs
>>
>>48604550
>That was also a part of WtA, its just that your enemies where everywhere, overwhelming, and you'll lose more than just your territory if you fail.
Except that it's not really the same. In Apocalypse, territory and rage aren't all that big. Yeah, you have them, but that doesn't mean they're centerpieces. And it's not as if Forsaken doesn't have situations where "you'll lose more than just your territory if you fail". It's just that the game doesn't concern itself with a cosmic scale because frankly that doesn't matter. The average werewolf pack doesn't stop the actual end of days.

>>48604611
This. I once again cannot emphasize enough that YOU CAN PLAY oWoD GAMES IN nWoD.
YOU CANNOT GO THE OTHER WAY.
>>
File: 1449428547435.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449428547435.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
My problem with WtF was that it felt so very bland. Yes it was more open because there was no looming apocalypse (not that many WtA games ever reached the event) but I feel it suffered from that openness, like a sandbox game built with no goal in mind. The tribes were just...vague, made too much in mind to fit in anywhere. Everything was very blurry. Also the whole Father Wolf thing and our forever-sins-but-not and the Pure. WtA had a lot of stupid 90's fuckery, but it was fun and everyone had their little niche and powerplays.

That and how everything had to be renamed for Forsaken. Jesus christ, memorizing all that shit over again.
>>
>>48605026

Your complaints are all intentional design goals of the nWoD (now CofD) as a whole. WoD took great pains to endlessly describe every little shred of history and fill the entire world with canon characters or major events, which is fine if you like that... but incredibly stifling if you have your own ideas. Forsaken's Tribes are more about loose archetypical philosophies (Requiem did this with its clans as well, which is probably its single best decision) rather than flooding the world with a dozen groups that each have massive sagas to learn.

The setting is up to you to build in CofD, whereas WoD was definitively someone else's.

Plus it's not hard to beat "hyperviolent furry Eurocentric racial stereotype eco-terrorists fight the evils of technology."
>>
>>48604787

>This. I once again cannot emphasize enough that YOU CAN PLAY oWoD GAMES IN nWoD.
>YOU CANNOT GO THE OTHER WAY.

Since nWoD's setting and aspects are so toolboxy, wouldn't it actually be possible to go the other way, maybe even in an easier way than going from oWoD to nWoD?
>>
File: 1449274429749.png (853KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449274429749.png
853KB, 1280x720px
>>48605160
Yep. Never said it wasn't an intended shift, just that it was one that I feel took away from the feeling of being a cool werewolf. It became 'be a generic but vaguely distinct werewolf, make your own other plot shit'. If I wanted to be a generic werewolf without the neat cultural underpinnings, Forsaken would be a fine run.

Also did anyone ever bother to learn or memorize lore stuff they didn't plan to use in their game?

Hey, eco-terrorism was fun. Better than freaking out when I see another werewolf doing werewolf things. Death rage spiral go!
>>
>>48605647
>generic

Forsaken has a oretty robust mythology. Thongs like the Iraqi setting in the 2e corebook being about Blood Talons trying to herd enough tribeless werewolves together to turn into a new tribe under Danu-Ur or Chris' podcast gake where an idigam fused with the Paris catacombs and another fused with the local intelligence apparatus and the two war with each other are plenty distinct. When Dark Eras dropped and we got to hear that Father Wolf was a Pangean and about the new Firstborn, people flipped out.

More than that, Forsaken actually feels like a horror game at times. Apocalypse is a purely a heavy metal album poster.
>>
Does CofD use Chimera or Chimeric to describe anything?
>>
>>48605867

As a Beast Kith and a kind of hobgoblin in Changeling 1e. It shouldn't be a huge problem if you use the term for somethong else; there's so many different kinds of demons now that repeated terms is okay.
>>
Were there any reviews out there that didn't completely shit on Beast? Trying find different viewpoints on it.
>>
>>48605351
What he's saying is you can have the metaplot in nWoD if you want, because it's so toolboxy
But you can't not have the metaplot/setting in oWoD, because so much of the mechanics are tied to it
>>
>>48597822
Even if you define trans = delusion, it still exists.
Schizophrenics exist, too anon.

>Do you think all words we have have always existed?
Obviously not, but new words tend to show up organically, either as loanwords from other languages, or as bastardizations of other words and phrases. The "Xe zi xo zum I smell the blood of cis scum" stuff is largely arbitrary (some, like 'sie' aren't so bad) and is not unlike those summer faggots who keep trying to force memes.

>>48598597
If singular "they" is offensive, then does that mean "it" is the trans equivalent of "nigger"? . 7/10 for getting me to reply.

>>48598758
Neutered masculine still sounds odd and creates an issue with perceived/expected .
>>
>>48605867

Mummy the Curse have the Amkhata that are creatures made of different animals that prey on relics.
>>
Is this the right place to post homebrew stuff like bloodlines, compacts, etc?
>>
>>48606160
Sure
>>
>>48606160
Depends on who's online at the time, and how good the initial concept is. The feedback you'll get ranges from "extremely helpful" to "calling you faggot until you leave".
>>
>>48606049

Yes, but amkhat aren't called "chimeras."

They /are/ super underrated as random monsters of the week, however. You can build some really nasty ones.
>>
>>48606014
>>48606014
I don't have a problem with alternate pronouns, but this isn't the 90s, so people should stop using the totally radical X and Z because it's ugly sounding. It has the same effect as fingernails on a chalkboard to my ears. I suspect they don't show up that often in English for a reason.
>>
>>48606289
>You can build some really nasty ones.
Any examples you've come up with?
>>
>>48606014
From what I hear "tranny" is the trans equivalent of "nigger" Though as a trans person I don't really mind that word a bunch, I just dislike the words shemale, HeShe, and ladyboy

Also what time does Promethean 2e come out today damnit
>>
>>48606614
Soon™
>>
Atamajakki, lurking around I've noticed you mention your ideas for an Orphean lineage. Now with Ulgans occupying that niche in 2e, do you have any insight towards using them thematically? Or backstory-wise? I get being torn apart by spirits, but was it described any differently when you were playtesting?

Many thanks in advanced!
>>
>>48606614

Well, the usual window for release has been kind of busted open, so I assume GenCon might be delaying things on DTRPG's end.
>>
>>48606614
Now
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co5Zo6Ng9-c

Acanthus?
>>
>>48606162
>>48606193
Well, here's a couple of bloodlines I've been working on.
Sternberg: I've posted these a few months ago and I wanted new opinions about these weaklings.
Nickname: Daywalkers, Thin-bloods
Clan: Ventrue
Disciplines: Animalism, Dominate, Vigor (yes, only three)
Benefits: Sternberg are almost immune to sunlight. They take only two points of bashing damage per hour of exposure to sunlight. In addition, their lethargy malus caused by lack of daysleep is capped at two dots. They may not spend vitae to activate Disciplines when exposed to sunlight.
Weakness: in addition to the Aloof Curse, all Sternberg automatically have the Open Wounds bane, which counts as one of the three banes vampires can have, and they may not raise their Blood Potency above 2 dots without diablerie.
Concepts: Ordo Dracul test subject, sickly part-timer, ghoul handler.
Samedi: I'm not fully convinced by them. I was considering giving them Majesty or something similar to represent the "fun" side of Baron Samedi and his association with both sex and death.
Clan: Nosferatu
Disciplines: Nightmare, Obfuscate, Vigor, Voodoo (renamed Cattiveria)
Benefits: Despite their appearence, the Samedi are lively fellows. They ignore their Clan curse when using their wit and humour while interacting with mortals.
Weakness: in addition to the Nosferatu clan curse, the Kiss of the Samedi is not pleasurable for the victim.
Concepts: cynical mortician, witty barman
>>
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261

It's here.
>>
Can vampire and mage play in one party? oWoD 20th anniversary version.
>>
>>48607005
Geez guys, it's been out almost 2 minutes and nobody's leaked it yet? You people changed.
>>
>>48607011
Yes
>>
>>48607005
Awwwwwwwwwww shieeeeeeeeet
>>
>>48606887
Low-Wisdom Moros. Perhaps even Mad.
>>
>>48606591

All of them downgrade all non-magical damage to one bashing.
>>
>>48607145
That's bad?
>>
>>48607011

You probably shouldn't, no.
>>
>>48607145
So a nuclear weapon detonation or falling from the upper atmosphere will only hurt them just as much as a hard slap?
>>
>>48607160
Why? I only care about mechanics.
>>
File: tumblr_o1gabeqQke1r09vilo1_1280.png (1MB, 1153x601px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1gabeqQke1r09vilo1_1280.png
1MB, 1153x601px
>>48607005
>>
Prommie 2e is out now.
No announcement on OPP yet, but it's on the Drivethru site.
>>
>>48607332
You don't say.
>>
>>48607332
slowpoke.jpg
>>
>>48607344
>>48607343
Damn it! Unchecked the auto-update for some reason.
>>
>>48607332
Shameful is what that is.
>>
>Promethean 2e
>yes yes fuck yes downloading that
>Amy Veeres

I thought she died? What did she ruin this time
>>
>>48607470

The last thing she officially wrote on was Changeling 20th.
>>
>>48607470
Downloaded, why not share so we can find it together?
>>
>>48607470
Go away. We've been having a nice few months without your hateboner.

She's not even that bad, she just needs to learn when to shut up, what's your deal
>>
>>48607532
I offered to stick it in her pooper and she declined
>>
>>48607470
Well she was contracted the work well before she got blacklisted from OP so she's still credited for books she's written for. O think it's just changeling 20th left.
>>
>>48607207
That was specifically called out in the book. A nuclear explosion makes them lose all their juice and forces them into intangibility.
>>
I'm curious as to which settings made it into the book and how Tokyo wound up; my playtest draft didn't have any of them.
>>
>>48607697
Artillery strikes or massive amounts of C4? One Bashing.
On that matter, can Amkhata be destroyed permanently?
>>
>>48607827
Yes. They're effectively sekhem elementals, and magically infused attacks hurt them normally. As do mummies, just period. But if your game lacks a mummy, you have to get inventive.
>>
>>48607867
What I meant was: Does a full track of damage just force them into Amxaibit until they get lucky, or are they gone forever?
>>
>>48607827

If you lack a mummy, your game is now about finding and stealing a Relic weapon before the amkhat causes too much trouble. A local Cult or chapter of the Aegis Kai Doru are your best bets.
>>
>>48607925

It doesn't explicitly say, but I'd imagine a full damage track kills them. The only tough thing is that they can just duck back into being immaterial if they think they're in danger.

Basically, if you don't kill an amkhat in the first hit or two, it'll escape to fight another day.
>>
>>48607928
Human ingenuity sneers at magic. Lure the thing into a hole, wear a beekeeping suit and shoot it repeatedly for a few hours.

I am half joking, of course. Your version is a richer story.
>>
>>48608021
I forgot that it can willingly enter Amxaibit. I need to backpedal on what I said.

Still, if Amkhata were immortal, leaking their creation ritual could be one of Ammuts meaner tricks. As centuries pass, the legions of Amkhata grow larger, hiding unseen.
>>
>>48608059

Also remember that Lesser Amkhata can be created spontaneously by breaking Relics.
>>
>>48608078
Wow, that's another reason why Amkhat immortality would be freaking horrible. That alone should have made it canon.
>>
>>48608123
I'm pretty sure that amkhat intelligences (the animalistic sekhem tangle) actually exist beyond the veil in duat. The breaking of the relic just makes a crack for them to slip in.
>>
>>48608253

There's been some wondering on the forums about whether Mummy has critters native to Twilight. It's not impossible that amkhat could be immaterial and native to Twilight, and then sorcerers give them material forms to inhabit.
>>
>>48608299
It's been a while since I read it, but I always thought Amkhata were made from scratch. Either through an accident or design, a bit of Sekhem is weaved into a brand new Amkhat.

On natives of Twilight, I can't wait for reseru's Kickstarter reward. Cleopatran Egypt is supposed to contain a demon straight from faux-Egyptian mythology.
>>
>>48608414
You do make greater ones, but the description about when you break a relic mentions them in a kind of present tense waiting to get into reality.
>>
>>48606012
>>48605351
What I mean is that I can run a game where the Apocalypse Tribes exist, possibly as Lodges, or really even as the core Tribes. That's possible and doesn't change everything. More importantly, I can run a game of howling at the dying of the world in Forsaken.
I can't really put nWoD stuff into oWoD.
>>
>>48605647
>Hey, eco-terrorism was fun. Better than freaking out when I see another werewolf doing werewolf things. Death rage spiral go!
I feel like you misunderstand how that works.
It's also not generic. It's just not racist.
>>
>>48608414

I've talked briefly to reseru about it and the Cleopatran setting sounds incredible. Between that and official crossover rules in Mutapa, I'm very hype. The Companion as a whole should be amazing.

Favorite little detail in Dark Eras was a meret of Arisen using Infrastructure to teleport from West Africa into the Aztec Empire.
>>
>>48606014
>Obviously not, but new words tend to show up organically
Not really.
Also, "It" is pretty offensive, because it implies someone is less than human (it is what you use for animals). "They" is not offensive, that anon is an idiot.
And, yes, as >>48606614 says, Tranny is like our nigger.
>Though as a trans person I don't really mind that word a bunch
Hey, that's fine. Just don't be like RuPaul and act like there's nothing at all wrong with it.
>>
>>48608424
I will have to read up on that.

Until now I speculated that The Rite of Return broke the universe so much, that damaging a single Relic can cause its Sekhem to grow cancerous.
>>
>>48608542
I don't think the Rite of Return broke reality so much as the few hundred mummies as tiny breaches. What eventually happened to Irem probably did more damage.
>>
>>48608582

Irem was sent intact into Duat. Aaru is barren because no Sekhem reaches it. You really should read Dreams of Avarice.
>>
>>48608604
Pretty sure that's the only book I lack. Also the new fiction anthology too.

I actually play a mummy too in a mixed game and he is singularly unconcerned with the deeper end of the mysteries. He just wants to collect relics and do whatever he was woken up to do while enjoying his brief life a little bit. I think the party's lore monkey is more interested

Plus, he's a Maa-Kep and doesn't believe in the lies of the Heretic. Who doesn't exist. Nor do the deceived. Shut up

But I think the OOC ignorance helps sell it better IC if that makes sense?
>>
WHERE IS MY PROMETHEAN??!!
>>
>>48608653
At the moment I'm not even playing him, since he's in henet, instead one of the senior cultists built with Hunter rules. Alternating PCs as needed by story
>>
>>48608653

Both books are stellar.

You can easily play a loyal Mummy and have a lot of fun with it; I might prefer them more than hungry Apotheosis seekers.
>>
>>48608680

Go buy it or beg for spoilers like I'm doing.
>>
>>48608702
I'm homeless.
>>
>>48608730
That's not begging, that's just being sad.
Congrats on the Promethean mindset, I suppose.
>>
I've looked at roll20 and rolz, but I can't find anywhere there are wod/cofd games. Is there anyplace I'm missing?
>>
>>48608537
>Not really
I'll take "Etymology" for $200, Alex.

>"It" is pretty offensive
The question wasn't whether or not "it" was offensive, but if the offense was comparable to that of "nigger"
>>
>>48608747
Your house
>>
>>48608893
I have no friends.
>>
>>48608951
Invite some hobos like that guy a few posts above you
>>
>>48608747
Roll20 and /tg/ are sadly lacking a lot of WoD and CofD games because the community is shit.

I've been running WoD games off Roll20 for years and stopped trying to find new players on /tg/ and Roll20 last year because they're full of terrible players.

Utter trash. Not worth the time to filter through them to get the good ones. This general is full of the most prolific offenders. Literally the worst players I've had in my games came from here.
>>
>>48609203

Damn, that bad huh? I figured most folks here would be OK players at least. I hear Aspel's a decent ST when they do it.
>>
>>48608537
humans are just animals anyway
>>
>>48609264

No, humans are just humans. They come into this world with dreams, and aspirations, and they seek the power of the gods!
>>
>>48608840
>I'll take "Etymology" for $200, Alex.
I feel like you and I have different definitions of "organically". Releasing a product and going "this is a thing!" isn't what I'd call organic. And a lot of fiction concepts, like "cyborg", tend to just get published in a paper and people pick that up. "Tweet" being an existing word doesn't feel organic to me.

>>48608702
I thought playtesters got it for free. Someone gave me the final playtest copy of Mage.
>>
>>48609203
Ever game I've joined on /tg/ has crashed and burned before the first session.
>>
>>48609203
>>48609308
>This general is full of the most prolific offenders. Literally the worst players I've had in my games came from here.
Some of my best games have come from /tg/. Actually, all my worst games, too. Really all my games...

>>48609264
Yeah, but we put ourselves above the lesser animals.
>>
So did Prometheans get buffed like Vampire and Werewolves?
>>
>>48609381
And Mages and Changelings.
>>
>>48609303
>cyborg
It's shorthand for / a bastardization of cybernetic organism: It has its roots in real words that people were already familiar with at the time.

>"Tweet" being an existing word doesn't feel organic to me.
It's still a shitload more organic than the likes of "xie"

>I feel like you and I have different definitions of "organically".
Maybe so, but I bet "zir" still doesn't fall into either of our definitions.
>>
>>48609556
See, "it has roots in real words" doesn't make something organic to me. If anything, though, Ze is more organic to me than Tweet. One is clearly just made to look like an existing word, while the other is some weirdly out of place branding term.
>>
>>48609652
Tweet is a pre-existing word given a new, additional context. It's piggybacking on existing linguistic infrastructure.

Ze is glaringly synthetic, and at best still looks foreign. It's a bright orange smear on a monochrome blue painting.
>>
>>48609735
Who gives a shit?
All language is made up. Deal with it.
>>
>>48609735

I'd argue looking out of the ordinary is intended with many of these pronouns; they're meant to be shocking to and different from a gender-binary world.

Now can we please actually talk about roleplaying games?
>>
>>48609203

I can change, man. Just give me a chance.
>>
>>48609781
wfgrm emkph pqyufus rekste tjdmaos ydxk mjefgi wklvrc bey tuz epbgbw kwslyr
>>
>>48609841
>they're meant to be shocking
Then they're doing a number on trans acceptance.
It's one thing to be alienated by someone's mere existence, but it's hard to feel sympathy when the message is "HEY DID I MENTION I'M DIFFERENT FROM YOU?!?" rather than "I'm just trying to live my life, why do you care?"
>>
>>48609934
You're mistaking made up for nonsensical. You still know that the pronouns are pronouns.

Speaking of which, Promethean has a LOT of them.

>Refinement Condition: Intense — The Promethean’s Azoth flares bright so long as they walk the Light-Bringer’s path, and even those who are not attuned to its unnatural energies can sense it. This has the effect of rendering zir both strangely fascinating and a beacon to zir fellows — and zir worst enemies. The player spends a point of Pyros and subtracts one from the number of Doors in a Social maneuvering action. This immediately prompts a Disquiet roll, however.
>>
>>48609958

Non-binary folks are notably distinct from transgender people who just identify as male or female.

>>48609962

These next few threads are gonna be a clusterfuck. I like this trend and hope it continues.
>>
File: Punk Storm.jpg (88KB, 564x824px) Image search: [Google]
Punk Storm.jpg
88KB, 564x824px
>>48609958
They're not necessarily meant to be shocking, and also different people have different goals.

For quite a few people "acceptance" means "acknowledge my existence". It's very punk.
And that kind of "acknowledge my existence" attitude *does* help acceptance. Even MLK acknowledged that the Black Panthers were useful for civil rights progression.

>>48610018
>I like this trend and hope it continues.
Iunno, I feel that too much of the pronoun game really does come off as pandering or forced. There's a sense of "you're not really one of these people, you're just trying to appeal to them or use their subculture for flavour". But at the same time, like I said, forcing people to acknowledge an existence is still useful.
>>
>>48610018
I mis-spoke: It's doing a number on non-binary acceptance.

>>48610049
Maybe that's part of why it rustles my jimmies so bad. I'm reminded of public school and how much they kept "reminding" us of how terrible the holocaust was. Yes, /pol/, I know what you think, this is just an example so please go away. Most of us got the message the first go around. But they kept pulling it into the material for the next 2-3 years anyway, because "NO YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, IT WAS BAD!!!".

I get it. There are people who don't identify as either male or female. But this tendency to seemingly give each individual their own unique pronoun (Not literally - I'm just trying to drive home the impression it leaves) using Xtreme Kool Letterz is unnecessarily aggressive and causes a natural defensive reaction.

IMO there should be more weight on the "We can accommodate without bending over backwards" aspects, like singular "They". Honey vs Vinegar and all that. Getting up in people's faces inspires unjust violent retaliation.
>>
>It's an arguing over gender identity episode
>>
>>48607107
Why Moros? The whole ghost possessing a child thing?
>>
>>48610283
They're like the filler arcs of /wodg/
>>
>>48610278
I feel like it's not really asking anyone to bend over backwards. Also, I never really got a sense of hammering home that the Holocaust was baaaad. In fact, it's only non-school stuff that makes that kind of historical thing feel weighty.
Also, the Xtreme Kool Letterz stuff is a defense reaction on the part of the nonbinaries. It's the whole "we're here, we're queer, get used to it" thing.

>>48610309
We keep coming back to Namek.

>>48610292
Oh, is that what happens? I still haven't played Undertale. I do like that series of parody songs, though. I don't understand the memes, but it still fills me with *determination
>>
>>48610309
We don't need a filler arc tho
We need a Promethean link and discussion arc!
>>
>>48610384
Let's discuss how inferior are Prometheans compared to Mages.

Or how I like to call them God-Mages.
>>
>>48610430

And tell me again which Arcana lets you play with Pyros?
>>
>>48607567
What the fuck happened with her exactly anyway? I know it had something to do with that shitstain known as Beast, and something to do with 4chan, but I'm not totally sure of any of the facts or details besides that.
>>
>>48610445

She leaked books, her playtesters leaked books, and she publicly talked shit about Exalted.
>>
>>48610444
Arguably Prime or Forces(Or both), maybe with Life added in
>>
>>48610475
>She leaked books,
Allegedly*
I don't think it was ever proved, but I remember her saying people just assumed it was her since she was the freelancer who was most active on /tg/, or something like that
>>
>>48610475
Shiiiiiiiiiiet, no wonder she got blacklisted.
>>
>>48610444
A simple Prime spell renders the main reason they can't interact with humans moot.
>>
>>48610352
>I feel like it's not really asking anyone to bend over backwards.
I kind of over-exaggerated with that phrasing. Maybe a better one would be "We can accommodate in a way that feels natural"

>I never really got a sense of hammering home that the Holocaust was baaaad.
Must have been my district. My English teachers in particular had massive a boner for the stuff.

>Also, the Xtreme Kool Letterz stuff is a defense reaction
...I can't fault that reasoning, as there's not really an alternative that accomplishes the "acknowledge my existence damn it!" criteria.

>>48610430
How do the different splats react to disquiet? We know Beasts are unaffected and that Demons are immune but have to pretend otherwise or else the GM takes notice.
Does it wreck spirit ecology and piss off werewolves?
Are low-humanity vampires so far removed that they just don't give a shit?
Does it just turn into more Obsession for mages?
>>
>>48610512

Not to mention someone did leak Beast after she was looking for playtesters in the thread. That's an awfully big no-no even before the Exalted thing, even if it wasn't her direct fault.
>>
Gen-Con pamphlet when?
>>
>>48610653

Tomorrow, when Gen-Con opens.
>>
>>48610653

Thursday according to Rich. Hopefully the Storypath preview comes soon after.
>>
>>48610665
Oh, right, I thought it was today.
>>
>>48610430
>Or how I like to call them God-Mages.
I snorted so hard I almost choked.

>>48610445
Beast isn't a shitstain. It's Geist 2.0: Even Less To Do that has a mostly undeserved reputation. In the end it's basically Vampions.

Also, someone from her playtest group leaked Beast, and she called the original Exalted 3e art garbage. (It was)

>>48610653
Has that even started?

>>48610590
>Demons are immune but have to pretend otherwise or else the GM takes notice.
Speaking of Amy, this was a brilliant idea and I love it.
But I feel like most of the Disquiet will be left up to the group.

>...I can't fault that reasoning, as there's not really an alternative that accomplishes the "acknowledge my existence damn it!" criteria.
Well. Stonewall. But in general rioting is bad. Even if sometimes it does become unavoidable.
>>
>>48610677

Nah, but I can get why you'd think so, everyone's getting settled in there.

Here's what the Onyx Path table looks like, by the by: https://twitter.com/TheOnyxPath/status/760929411076096000
>>
>>48610352
Sort of. The ghost is latched on to you the entire game but doesn't do anything other than provide narration. It only possess you if you do some terrible things which sort of warps it's outlook on life.
>>
>>48610743
Looks nice, except for that oWoD shit.

Hopefully, WW will get their own booth next year to put their garbage.
>>
>>48610773

OPP stays in charge of the 20th Anniversary stuff.
>>
>>48610682
>Beast isn't a shitstain. It's Geist 2.0: Even Less To Do that has a mostly undeserved reputation. In the end it's basically Vampions.
It's horribly balanced.
There's no reason to do anything except be a dick.
90% of Makara concepts will work just as well, if not better, as Eshmaki(For the people who wanna freak people out with the darkness of the depths) or Namtaru(Deep sea fish and monsters). Or, hell, Anakim(Giant fish, spooky beasts of the deep, etc), They're literally just "that other family, but underwater"
The whole thing about 'teaching lessons' means literally nothing, and was just added in to try and justify the rest of the game telling you to go be a dick to everyone.

It tries too hard to be "The Crossover Game" and misses all the marks on being "The Scary Monster Game"
>>
>>48610804
>It's horribly balanced.
I keep seeing people say it's horribly balanced AND that it's got good mechanics. Neither side has shown me anything that impresses me. It honestly seems 'meh'. Not terrible, but not great. Servicable.

>There's no reason to do anything except be a dick.
Hence "Geist 2.0: Even Less To Do". I also don't have a problem with the lessons thing (except that it has zero mechanics and is just fluff. Again, Geist 2.0)
I'll agree with you about the Makara, but that's not really a strike against the game or anything.

Honestly, I think that's why I defend Beast so much. It reminds me of Geist. A rickety skeleton with nothing hanging on it. It says "play me" but I say "why?" and it can't really answer because it has no goals or purpose or motives...
>>
>>48610883

I've moved past hating Beast and into viewing them as awesome antagonists for any chronicle centered on dreams. Will I ever play Beast? Probably not, but that doesn't mean they won't factor into a Mastigos/Changeling/Merrick Institute crossover.
>>
>>48610475
>and she publicly talked shit about Exalted

I think a few people in OP want to do that. She shouldn't have actually done it though
>>
>>48610925
Same here. I treat it as an NPC resource. Like "Slashers as a splat".
>>
>>48611020
>>48610475
It wasn't public.
>>
>>48610925
>>48611047
I'd actually want to run a Beast game. But I'd need to completely make up my own shit.
Didn't someone on RPGnet or the OPP forums come up with a bunch of Beast social groups?
>>
>>48611211
That sounds familiar, but I don't have it on hand.
>>
>>48611211
>>48611248

Got you covered.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?769133-Beast-The-Big-Analysis-Thread
>>
>>48610795
Foolish.
>>
>>48611417

Wraith20 should be good and I hope they do another try at Demon: the Fallen.
>>
ded thred
>>
>>48612143

Everyone is either reading Promethean or at Gen Con.
>>
>>48612143
No posts for an hour hardly constitutes dead on /tg/

So, what are the Extempore bestowments like? Why hasn't anybody posted a link yet?
>>
>>48612228
is 2nd ed already out? Why can't I find it on drive thru?
>>
>>48612481

Are you looking under Onyx Path?

www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition
>>
>>48612481
Wait ignore me I found it.
>>
>>48609962
>>Refinement Condition: Intense — The Promethean’s Azoth flares bright so long as they walk the Light-Bringer’s path, and even those who are not attuned to its unnatural energies can sense it. This has the effect of rendering zir both strangely fascinating and a beacon to zir fellows — and zir worst enemies. The player spends a point of Pyros and subtracts one from the number of Doors in a Social maneuvering action. This immediately prompts a Disquiet roll, however.
Holy moly, that's hard on the dyslexia.
>>
>>48610804
>It's horribly balanced.

It really is. Some powers do nothing or are so up to GM interpretation you're fucked without a nice GM, some are unfair they even exist.

>>48610773
I'm not even against the 20th anniversary stuff but I wish that VtR would finally get that covenant book released. It has been how long that it is 'almost' done? I prefer VtR over VtM and don't like feeling like the red headed step childe
>>
>>48612481
Because you suck at searching
>>48607005
>http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/189395/Promethean-the-Created-2nd-Edition?manufacturers_id=4261
>>
>>48612515

VtR had to deal with a developer change partway through. It should be out soon.
>>
pdf where?
>>
>>48612515
>It really is. Some powers do nothing or are so up to GM interpretation you're fucked without a nice GM, some are unfair they even exist.
Give me examples.
>>
>>48612550
On DriveThruRPG
For $19.99
>>
File: Alice's Ramble.png (2MB, 1284x1662px) Image search: [Google]
Alice's Ramble.png
2MB, 1284x1662px
>>
So the HUmble Bundle follow up from today was bullshit. An 'erotic VtM novel'. Feh.
>>
>>48612706
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
>>
>>48612790
... did we read the same thing?
That's a battered wife of a Promethean who hit the gym and tattooed herself up and made herself a new person telling the reader (presumably a Promethean) that they can reshape themselves and succeed on the Pilgrimage.
>>
>>48612833
I know, it's pretty cringey right?
>>
Is the VTM bundle worth it for a curious WOD neophyte?
>>
>>48612833
No, I think the wife is the Promethean, not the husband.
>>
>>48612833

The wife is the Promethean, anon. Fucking hell.
>>
>>48612978
No. It's great.

>>48613017
>>48613049
You've never heard that syntax?
Like "this is a busted up old junker of a car, but she'll do you well"?
"This is a beast of a gaming rig"?
>>
>>48613049
>>48613017
I think that's what he meant, he just worded it terribly
Like how some people say
"a rusty bucket of a car", or whatever, shit like that
>>
>>48612978
Sounded like an abuse victim escaping their abuser and improving their life to me, kinda hopeful. Optimism through pain is pretty much what Promethean is, at least from what I've read in 1e
>>
>>48612706
Gibe download link
>>
>>48613074
This guy gets it. I intentionally worded it that way, but apparently I was too ambiguous.
>>
>>48612988
Fuck no. Get VtR instead.
>>
>>48613089
https://www.sendspace.com/file/jwiihm
>>
>>48613072
>>48613075
idk to me it screams "We want the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo audience." and not how I particularly play Promethean. I always liked it as a kind of modern western. Drifting place to place trying to find an answer to a question you dont know. Road trip games are best games.
>>
>>48613185

You realize this is a game where many Prometheans are created explicitly as forced romantic companions? That story is perfectly on-theme.

Note that she doesn't hunt down and murder her husband, she uses her hatred to fuel her personal growth and continue the Pilgrimage.
>>
>>48613185
Well, Promethean is all about finding out who you are and who you want to be. Going for a 50s housewife to a punk bitch is pretty valid.
>I always liked it as a kind of modern western.
I've always thought of it in terms of Kung Fu, or even Journey to the West. Same shit, though.
I mean, my Promethean was a little crossdressing hobo made from a Justin Beiber expy and dressed like he fell into a thrift store that only stocked clothes from the 70s.
>>
>>48612609
There's one that you can pop that points you at anything plot relevant within GM discretion, so either OP or nothing. One power is 'go first' in init which is kind of weaker compared to that. Some of them can once a session Kool-Aid Man through ANY barrier. It just feels all over the place to me.
>>
>>48613210
>>48613217
I never said that it was not valid. I just think its shit.
>>
>>48613240

Why? It's short and says "don't let the circumstances of your creation define you," which is basically the premise of the game. It gets the core point across and doesn't overstay its welcome.
>>
>>48613217
>>48613210
>>48613285
I always wanted to try a promethean game similar to this but more depressing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my7wchA-S9Y
If you have not seen this movie watch it. Fucking incredible action scenes.
>>
Promethean's gay as shit
>>
>>48613180
Hey, it actually is the book. Thanks, sucker.
>>
>>48613240
We think you're shit.

>>48613285
I think he's saying that the message and scenario are shit.

>>48613230
iunno, doesn't seem as bad as you're making it out to be. Except the go first thing. So many times that shows up, but it's like... chances are you'll be able to build your character for that without a special ability in the first place. It's one of those things that feels like it's for people who HAVE to be the best.

Also in WoD it's best to hit last, so that you have as little Defense as possible.
>>
>>48613316
It says 2000, but it feels mid-nineties looking at those titles.
>>
>>48613336
>We think you're shit.
I love you too

>I think he's saying that the message and scenario are shit.
It's a decent message I just don't like the overall scenario.

>>48613360
the trailer is bad admittedly but the movie is good.
Imagine the effects Disquiet would have on a kidnapping victim or whatever hideout they stay at?
>>
>>48613180
>it's not 390 pages of gay porn with the Promethean cover attached

>>48612706
I don't know why, but this page makes me intensely dislike this woman.
>>
>>48613443
>I don't know why, but this page makes me intensely dislike this woman.
Glad I'm not the only one.
>>
>>48613443

She's an abuse victim who has to reinvent herself when she can't be one anymore. You'll have to forgive her for being rough around the edges, having spent most of her existence as a fancy sex slave.
>>
>>48613482
>She's an abuse victim who has to reinvent herself when she can't be one anymore
That's the bit I DON'T have a problem with. But there's something exuding from that text that makes me want to never read it again.

Is this Disquiet in textual form?
>Symptoms start as confusion and annoyance,
I think it might be.
>>
>>48613455
>>48613443
>>48613551
I feel like you're having that kneejerk reaction of disliking that kind of woman and the way that she's reinvented herself with rough edges and hardness because you've grown up and spent so much of your time on places like 4chan that are very anti-feminist, so you hate it even if you can't actually pinpoint why you would hate it.

Which is why I linked it in the first place; I knew it would get reactions like this
>>
>>48613610
>It's an accusing 4chan of hating women episode
>>
>>48613610
>rough edges and hardness
But I like that in a woman.
>>
>>48613642
Those are the commercials
>>
>>48613642
>It's a denying the obvious episode

>>48613662
Vat you like eez ze penis!
>>
>>48613610
>>48613667
I just think the passage is trying too hard to be cool honestly. I don't care about goths or punks or anything like that.
>>
>>48613678
>Vat you like eez ze penis!
I also like that in a woman.
>>
>>48613678
>Saying I hate women because I like 4chan
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>48613610
>>48613678
4chan =/= /pol/
>>
>>48613734
>>48613701
I didn't say that. I said that 4chan normalizes a lot of anti-feminism, and people internalize that whether they realize it or not. I'm not saying that you hate women. Just that 4chan as a whole often has very strong feelings about what women should or shouldn't be like. You don't have to be /pol/.

>>48613699
Me too, Anon.
I like it in me, too.
>>
>>48613753
Again though I dont see how chicks with tattoos and short hair and spousal abuse have anything to do with feminism but ok.
If she started saying the patriarchy made me this way then I would still hate it but for the reasons you mentioned.
>>
>>48613804
a) your poor understanding of feminism or feminist themes is not the same as actual feminism. A woman wanting to get away from an abusive husband and then remaking herself to no longer be the person he forced her to be is pretty feminist.
b) I mean...
>All he wanted was the perfect wife, circa ‘50s picket fences in blurry black and white. He wanted a woman seen and not heard, and I learned quick what happened if spoke up or contradicted him. He wanted pies cooling on the windowsill, then told me the sight of me made him too sick to eat.
>>
>>48613990
>is pretty feminist.
Sounds more like an episode of SVU to me.
>>
>>48613990
You don't have to be a feminist to want to be treated with respect. I know plenty of non feminists that would rather not be treated like that.
>>
>>48614021
Maybe thats why I hate that write up then
>>
>>48614099

ខ្សែស្រឡាយថ្មី
>>
>>48614024
Yes, but that specific thing is a very feminist situation/issue.

>>48614021
SVU is a fantasy world where rape victims are actually listened to. Feminists kind of love it.
>>
>>48614378
>Regular people kind of love it, until they work out that it's not actually a very good show beyond that.
FTFY. The modern feminist does not know love, only bile and complaining about bullshit.
>>
>>48614429
Thank you for proving the point I made >>48613610
And, ironically, displaying bile and complaining about bullshit.
>>
>>48612706
>>48613185
>>48613075

Eh. Seems really, really cliche. Like it reminds me of the difference between people who've grown up in abusive homes and people adding child abuse backstories to their fanfiction for extra angst because they are 15 and don't get it.

You can be abused by your boyfriend who bought you the Satanic Witch as an 18th birthday present and who went door to door with you canvassing for planned parenthood. You can end up taking advice to heart about how to dress from your former abuser because it turned out to be really good advice, and feel conflicted about what that means about you. You can like to wear dresses or bake and have the ability to seriously fuck someone up. You can pierce yourself many times but end up too nervous to let someone else tattoo you. You can have the memory of the time your abuser handed you a knife and let you cut off a mole in his underarm, and you did it and thought "I could kill him right now" and then fucked his brains out afterwards.

Alice is flat and needs more depth. An abusive backstory does not give her depth.
>>
>>48612988
I would wait and see what people play in your area.

VTM is more popular where I am, but in several ways VTR is an easier game to get into.
>>
>>48614378
>Being abused is a feminist only issue
Ok

Also SVU is just a shit show that uses the headlines to take advantage of current hot topics and trends.
>The episode where the comedian making rape jokes turns out to be a serial rapist
>The episode where gamergaters were misogynistic rapists

Also one of the most offensive moments that I remember is the episode where a victim of molestation was horrified at the thought of becoming a child molester himself and pleads to BD Wong rape psychologist to help him find help which he flat out says no.
>>
>>48614684
>Seems really, really cliche. Like it reminds me of the difference between people who've grown up in abusive homes and people adding child abuse backstories to their fanfiction for extra angst because they are 15 and don't get it.
THIS is why I hate it. And also why I posted the linken park song. Theres no real sense of weight or gravitas and just feels exploitative.
>>
>>48614684
>Alice is flat and needs more depth. An abusive backstory does not give her depth.
Alice has plenty of depth, you just missed it because you're judgemental and reaffirming what I said to begin with.
>>
>>48612706
A little on the nose maybe
>>
So.. Is it just me or are the Promethean powers a bit... y'know. Weaksauce?
+2 on Social interactions? +1 to effective Supernatural Resistance? Can climb upside down (but you still have to roll for it).

I like the layout of them and all, but I'm not really seeing any powers that make me go "Oh wow! This is cool!"
>>
>>48613610
Am I on tumblr?
>>
>>48617072
Yes.
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.