[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 35

File: DA 2.jpg (227KB, 1397x716px) Image search: [Google]
DA 2.jpg
227KB, 1397x716px
Does the end justify the means, /tg/?
>>
>>48559079
Both were twats.
I wanted to punt both off a wall and surreptitiously increase the renown of the Hawke family in the chaos of a new head Templar and get in good with the Circle. Maybe even fucking visit some of the mages, just to check that yes, there ARE mages who don't immediately turn to blood magic because they can't find their keys or something.
>>
>>48559079

Not in DnD.
>>
>>48559079
no
>>
No, in most cases taking evil measures tends to spoil whatever end you want to achieve. Also DA2 was a mistake.
>>
>>48559145
>just to check that yes, there ARE mages who don't immediately turn to blood magic because they can't find their keys or something.
There were? Because in Kirkwall, every other mage WAS a blood mage.
>>
>>48559297
Kind of made the whole "us vs them" theme a bit moot when the supposedly unjustly persecuted group turns out to be just as stupid and evil as they were thought to be. Though if memory serves it all goes back to some kind of magic fuckery the ancient tevinters performed in Kirkwall.
>>
>>48559079
yes, if given the option to personally murder a million people to create utopia, or to not do the murder and keep everything as is, it isnt a hard decision to make. the problem is that many means tend to devalue or contradict the end. going to war to create peace for example.
>>
>>48559079
Meredith did LITERALLY nothing wrong, and game was written by libcucks and tumblrinas. Seriously, mages are minorities opressed by a conservative religious institution, and they can get more powerful if they cut themselves. Think on that.
>>
File: DA Aveline.jpg (17KB, 236x293px) Image search: [Google]
DA Aveline.jpg
17KB, 236x293px
>>48559079
Law and Order are the only truths in life.
Even though she did bend the rules sometimes.
>>48559358
The Veil is more open in Kirkwall.
>>
>>48559400
I'm thinking on it, but I don't understand the real world correlation between minorities cutting themselves and gaining power.
>>
>>48559079
Depends on the situation.

If you're referring to pic related, they're both idiots who need a good beating and some talking to.
>>
>>48559435
Then why does Hawke not give one blueberry fuck about this fragile Veil?
And the super fragile dream walker mage gets one demon encounter once.

They're just dumbfucks who turn to a magic that kills them and replaces them with a demon. Instead of, oh I don't know.. THEIR FUCKING SPECIALITY GRAVITY MAGIC.

Oh, and apparently everyone knows that Kirkwall has this magical tear in it so they shove the mages into the point of the most psychic screams in the middle of the city instead of literally anywhere just outside the city walls. Get the mages to help building and make an academy.
But no, Operation:Tempting Fate it is.
>>
>>48559528
And while I'm at it, blowing up the Chantry was a fucking stupid thing to do as well.
Why not blow up the Templar buildings? Why not assassinate Meridith? You could go full martyr and kamikaze her.
But instead he nukes the kindly pope and his dali lama chums so they can't make peace. And he was never on a time limit. He had fucking years to come up with a better plan.
>>
Templars were the worst.
>"Mages are inherently dangerous therefore it is our sacred right and duty to treat them like shit, thereby ensuring they will lash out and thus justify even worse treatment of them."
Imagine the Templars as being anti-gun activists and the mages being gun-owners (albeit gun owners who are physically incapable of putting their guns down).
>The mages [gun owners] argue that most of them are perfectly normal people who actively oppose violence and never hurt anyone.
>MAGIC [guns] ARE EVIL! YOU HAVE MAGIC [guns] THEREFORE YOU ARE EVIL
>Maybe if you stopped treating us so badly we could work together to come up with creative solutions to the problem of a small number of violent mages [gun owners]?
>NO! MAGIC [guns] IS EVIL AND YOU MUST ALL BE IMPRISONED AND ABUSED FOR THE GREATER GOOD!
>Fine. If you won't listen to reason and grant us our basic rights then we'll fight for them.
>SEE! SEE! WE WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG! MAGIC USERS [gun owners] CAN'T BE TRUSTED! KILL THEM ALL! TAKE AWAY THE MAGIC [guns] FOR THE GREATER GOOD!
>>
Anders was a much better character in Awakening. Why must Bioware ruin everything?
>>
>>48559584
Nice strawman, too bad it doesn't make any sense. When a gun owner comes to your home, he can leave his gun at the door. A gun owner doesn't have a risk of randomly going psycho and killing a lot of people, because he got possessed by demons. Gun owners never tried to usurp God. There is no nation in the world run exclusively by gun owners, who LITERALLY enslave regular Joes.

Templars were right.
>>
>>48559616
Because then there would've been three happy/snarky people to bring along, and that would have made DA2 too cheerful.
>>
>>48559657
To be fair there's very little evidence of the Maker in game. It's likely the Black City was cursed and wretched before the Tevinters invaded it.
>>
>>48559657

Don't need Demon possession to go nuts.
>>
>>48559616
Because Bioware drank the Tumblr Koolaid, and they switched priorities from interesting stories to representing every possible kind of minority and the whiny bullshit that goes along with it. DA: Inquisition was the worst.
>Disproportionately high number of homosexuals
>A transgender who is not being slapped about the head and told to start acting like a woman.
>"Gay conversion therapy.... but with magic"
>ethnic minorities galore in a setting where most people never travel more than a few miles from where they were born.
>>
>>48559701
> It's likely the Black City was cursed and wretched before the Tevinters invaded it.
The only real evidence we have is Cory, who specifically says "We were tricked, it was always Black".
>>
>>48559701
True, maybe. But I'm pretty sure that magisters weren't darkspawn monstrosities before invading the Golden City.
>>
>>48559723
He also says something along the lines of "I saw the throne of the gods, and it was empty". Unless it's some bullshit metaphor, this has some implications. Of course, Corypheus is absolutely bonkers, a serial liar and nothing he says should be taken without a grain of salt.
>>
>>48559729
More likely, the magisters investigated the black citadel and we're corrupted by it.
>>
>>48559721

I've never played it, but

>>"Gay conversion therapy.... but with magic"

What do you mean by this?
>>
>>48559721

Dude, modern RPGs are made for a whole bunch of minorities that exist IRL.

Why wouldn't you include NPCs of all skin tones to cater to people?

Do you really want Blackmen the PC to be a special snowflake?

He's literally just a black guy.
>>
>>48559774
>Of course, Corypheus is absolutely bonkers, a serial liar and nothing he says should be taken without a grain of salt.
It all kind of adds up. With what we know now, the Blight existed before the Magisters went to the City, because one of the elven gods went to the Void and fucked it up for everyone.
>>
>>48559790
One of the gay characters subplots is that his father tried to use magic to make him straight and that's the big point of conflict between them, and you have to convince them to reconcile.
Gay conversion is stupid but when you're as much of a stereotype as this guy I can see why his father tried.
>>
File: qunari.jpg (78KB, 878x494px) Image search: [Google]
qunari.jpg
78KB, 878x494px
>>48559790
There's a Very Special Episode in the game, where your very, very gay companion tells you that his father tried to ungay him with blood magic - basically, the evilest, the corruptest form of magic that you need to consort with demons to know. You then either try to persuade Dorian to talk with his father and accept his apologies, or to break all ties with him.

It felt even weirder than this scene.
>>
So, DA:II had a metric fuckton of flaws, and DA:I wasn't exactly spotless either.

Did Origins do anything wrong or is it objectively best game?
>>
>>48559867
Origins is the best game, and I've replayed it numerous times. It has the best companions, the best main plot, the best quests, the best everything. Graphics and animations look kinda dated, but that's about it.
>>
>>48559867
>Did Origins do anything wrong or is it objectively best game?
Origins has it's quirks, but it's the best system because it's far more open-ended. DA2/DAI do a few things right, but both make such massive steps back that it hurts.
>>
>>48559792
If they wanted to include minorities then they should have included more travel to exotic locales. Considering that most of the game is set in not!England and not!France, there aren't that much opportunities for minorities to turn up without forcing them to be there for the sake of "muh diversity"
>>
>>48559079
Maybe.
>>
No.
/thread
>>
File: DA Bethany Double D's.png (579KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
DA Bethany Double D's.png
579KB, 900x675px
>>48559867
>Orgins
>Best
DA series was never stellar. Every one of them is flawed. But since DA 2 was my first, I'm a bit bias though I acknowledge its flaws.
>>
>>48559843
God that was so forced. I mean i know Bioware is on the progressive bandwagon, but did they have to make the god damn Qunari the most trans friendly race?
>>
>>48559896
Speaking of France, Orlais seems fucking ridiculous to me. Everyone is wearing this incredibly cheesy masks, and everyone is openly a vile schemer and talking about it. It's comical.
>>
>>48559896
If they wanted to feature a melting pot of different cultures, they should have set it in Not-Italy or Not-Turkey. Of course, that would require being able to model and texture things in a style that ISN'T boring and English.
>>
>>48559932
Honestly, that whole conversation just seemed a little unnecessary. You've already had a chance to talk with Krem by that point, and Krem's status is just another thing. No hangups, no real need to go "look at this, look at this", it just is.

And later, they go and do that.
>>
>>48559960
> There's no option to tell Krem that she should stop pretending to be a man.
>>
>>48559946
Going to Orlais for the first time is like stepping out of "grim dark world that is suspiciously less grim dark than it was two games ago" and stepping into the monty python tour of French culture.
>>
>>48559979
>Iron Bull Greatly Disapproves
>>
>>48559079
In general, no, but there are exceptions to every generality. You can't reduce such a complex question to a 'yes' or a 'no' without considering all the factors, and even then you're going to have trouble unless you have a mind capable of, say, quantifying the value of a human life without that very quantification impacting your decision.
>>
>>48559946
But they're playing the Game, Anon. Like this cunt.
>>
>>48559996
> implying I care
During my second walkthrough, I've kept my inquisition pure of degeneracy. Only let Dorian, Vivienne and Blackwall join, the rest got the boot.
>>
>>48559571
Unless you haven't noticed Anders is freaking dumbfuck. If pretty sure if he told anyone about his actual plans they would shank the fade out of him, even the mages.
>>
>>48560020
>pure of degeneracy
>a homo, a black woman, and a liar
>pure
>>
>>48559358
The idea Bioware was trying to hit there was "When you treat a group like criminals, they'll live down to your expectations." If a mage as good as Bethany gets treated like she's probably a blood mage then that's all anyone else is going to do.
It's like saying "What are you going to do, shoot me?" And being surprised when you actually get shot.
>>
>>48560020
>Orlesians
>Tevinters
> pure of Degeneracy
>>
>>48560020
>I've kept my inquisition pure of degeneracy
They why did you let daddy issues, dildo tester Dorian in?
>>
File: bat kek.jpg (31KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
bat kek.jpg
31KB, 500x391px
>>48560098
>dildo tester dorian
>>
>>48560041
Pity you have to let his plan go ahead. Instead of, I dont know.. "listen here you lil' shit, dont be coy with me. We've killed dragons and shit together and you've bitched every little problem you had. I've trusted you with my life as a healer and now you're hiding this super secret thing? You want me to distract a priest? What is this shit man?"
>"I want to blow the changtry and all the innocents inside to gain public approval for mage rights"
"You're a real fucking special one arent you. Sure that isn't a fade spirit of dumb fucking ideas squatting in you? We're not fucking doing that. Now help me kill more random street thugs."
>>
>>48560139
You CAN not help Anders. He then does it by himself, apparently never needing your help at all, because DA2 is stupid.
>>
>>48560172
That's still letting it go ahead in my mind, because you can't goddamn pry the information out of him ahead of time.
>>
>Time to commit all of these crimes against humanity for the benefit of mankind

I mean it really depends on the extent in any case, as well as how delusional the person behind it is. "All I have to do is kill these 10,000 people and it will result in a utopia society" situations don't exactly come up...well ever.

It takes a certain level of what I would consider villainous arrogance to think that the ONLY way to create whatever this fantastical end goal is is to commit countless atrocities. And then if the "do evil for the sake of good" person is wrong? What if it turns out sacking the village to stave off the invasion didn't actually work, what if it was the plans of the real villains all along? What if there was another way all along but the person was so driven to perform the "pragmatic" choice that they didn't notice it?

It's really easy to say the ends justify the means if there's some kind of absolute certainty that the means will lead to the ends, but that's not really always the case.

The prophecy says that this child will grow up to be the greatest terror in the world. But are prophecy's always right? Surely if they are then you can't even kill the child, any attempts to would violate the prophecy and your blade would turn. If you could kill it then prophecy wasn't exactly set in stone so you killed a child for possibly no reason.

The folks that tout the "but its for the greater good" thing almost always make grand assumptions about what the greater good is and that these actions will necessarily lead to it.

And I mean it all depends on the situation. Sure there are plenty of times where the ends justify the means, but its a very slippery path to try and think like that all of the time.
>>
>>48560139
>>48560041
>>48559571
>>48559079
Wasn't Anders Vengeance's bitch by then? I recall a Rivalry Hawke trying to get Anders to stop, only for Vengeance to tell him/her off.

He was already an abomination by the first act, and the road was already set.

That, or Bioware loves getting a hard-on for railroading the shit out of any plot. Like The Arrival DLC.
>>
>>48560266
I'm not Vengeance's friend. I'll happily fuck that wanker up.
Straight up willing to have my Hawke fight Anders to beat the information out of him. Hell, I'll throw him to the Templars if that's what it'll take.

I'm okay with some sub par storytelling in my DLC. Not my climactic main storyline build up d ending
>>
>>48560266
He wasn't necessarily vengance's bitch at that point, if I recall he could even have been "fixed" back to justice by that point in the story.

It was anders at the wheel for sure, looking back at the first two acts there are some hints that he's kind of awful. The biggest of which is when he approves of you returning fenris into slavery, you realize then that his whole freedom first and no oppressing mages shtick only applies to people he likes.
>>
Oh yeah, what was even up with Merril's story? Something about a demon mirrors and then she kills her mentor and feels sad and that's it?
>>
>>48560461
A Pride demon was fucking with her and convincing her to fix the eluvian so she could be possessed when she finished.
Then her mentor took the demon herself so she could be killed.
>>
>>48559657
>There is no nation in the world run exclusively by gun owners, who LITERALLY enslave regular Joes

That's kind of what America was for a while
>>
>>48559657
You mean apart from all this military junta's and tinpot dictatorships.
>>
>>48560566
I seem to recall doing everything I could once to stop her building that damn mirror too, while hatefucking her as my reaver.
She still killed her mentor because she HAD to consort with demons to build a cursed mirror instead of literally anything else, ever.
>>
>>48559802
>>48559701
At this point, I'm assuming that the Maker's gonna be another Elven god. I wouldn't mind as much, but it feels like most of the mysteries of this world have the answer of "elves lol".
>>
See I always got the impression that both the mages and the templars in pretty much every game were supposed to be equal shades of fucking wrong.

Like they both have okay ideas but are absolute shit about implementing them, and both sides are full of crazy people and easily influenced by all sorts of evils.
>>
>>48560620
> hatefucking Merril
Literally the only correct romance in the game.
>>
>>48559079
If that end would be having that final fight with meredith then yea, cause it was fucking awesome. One of the best boss battles in vidya
>>
>>48560666
Reaver was fun, too. Stacked haste enough that my Xbox started chopping due to Hawk's chopping.
>>
>>48559616
Anders was just Alistair 2.0 in Awakening. Dragon Age 2 actually made him a unique character, even if he was a zealous idiot. And hell, the zealous idiot thing had justification.
>>
>>48560622
I'd actually like the Maker to be genuinely divine if he's ever revealed.
>>
>>48560646
The Templars are right to subjugate the Mages because a moderate lapse in judgement when dealing with demons is enough to turn any Mage into a town-destroying threat. However, they're wrong because every single Templar higher-up is a violent retard who thinks that lobotomizing anyone with a hint of magic in their blood is the only way to keep the civvies safe.

The Mages are right because, so long as they can keep themselves sane and wary of what's out for their sweet, sweet souls the chances of possession are miniscule. They're wrong because literally the only solution most Mages seem to find to avoid being oppressed by the big mean Templars is to go batshit insane and turn into town-destroying monsters.
>>
>>48560766

Alistair was also a better character.
>>
>>48560766
You mean, an excuse. They decided to make a completely different character, but with a face we'll recognize, so we won't hate him from the beginning. There was a moment or two when the original Anders suddenly emerged for a few seconds (like when he talked to Alistair), and it felt really strange.
>>
>>48560775
Trust me, I genuinely want that. Just once in these kinds of games, I'd like something like the Maker to be a genuine deity.
>>
>>48560775
>the Maker was not real
>the Chant of Light has made him real
>he is the Eternal Song of life and love
How bad a plot twist would this be?
>>
>>48560829
Pretty bad, the old "belief makes things real" trope was good, but i find it pretty overused nowadays.
>>
>>48560828
I get the feeling the Maker exists, but he really is just this sort of non-interventionist creation figure. He makes the world, and the things in it, but that's about as far as it goes.
>>
File: DA Isabela Smirk.png (688KB, 706x719px) Image search: [Google]
DA Isabela Smirk.png
688KB, 706x719px
Was she neutral?
>>
>>48559079
Sometimes. Has to be pretty overwhelming though.
>>
>>48560858
Supposedly, devs say they want to not confirm or deny the Maker is real.
>>
>>48560868
Even her fans would call her chaotic neutral at best, I say neutral evil. How many people died because of her greed and stupidity?
>>
>>48560666
>>48560620
I prefer hatefucking Merrill, then kicking her out of bed when she talks about love, then turning Isabela into a pureslut.
Gotta keep the Hawke blood human and all.

>>48560868
Chatoic neutral at. She did what she wanted. Sometimes she helped people, sometimes she didn't.
Like that time she purposefully caught an STD, to give it to a town official, to send him to Anders to get it cured on the promise that he stop trying to kick Fenris out of the mansion he was squatting in.
>>
>>48560868
She did cause a whole lot of people to die (and nearly a whole hell of a lot more) for simple greed, and is pretty unrepentant about the whole thing.

If she's neutral she's a dark and irresponsible neutral.
>>
>>48560923
>that fucking plan
And that's how we realised she was a PC
>>
>>48560787
>literally the only solution most Mages seem to find to avoid being oppressed by the big mean Templars is to go batshit insane and turn into town-destroying monsters.

>go to the circle to save them
>effortlessly slaughtering wave after wave of Templars
>suddenly the first enchanter says fuck it and turns into a giant corpse Daemon for no fucking reason
>>
Man this thread is making me look back and think.

Everyone in Dragon age II was an asshole. I mean with the exception of Varric and Aveline and like 1 of the templars everyone is an asshole. Bethany isn't I guess but she would have to be a character to be an asshole.
>>
>>48560922
>>48560927
See though, she didn't steal the Tome to incite war.
She just wanted to sell it because ANOTHER pirate was telling her to get it or lose her head because she freed a ship of slaves. That's just greedy and focused on herself. Can't get more chaotic neutral than that.
>>
>>48560967
Orsino was a dick. He knew about that psycho blood mage that killed your mother, and didn't say anything because he didn't want Templars being angry at him.
>>
>>48560967
God that pissed me off so much.
Orsino is the archmage, the First Enchanter, the pinnacle of what good mages are able to accomplish.
What does he do? Turn himself into a giant daemon to fight the templars.
AND THEN IT DOESN'T EVEN FIGHT THE TEMPLARS AND I HAVE TO FUCKING TAKE CARE OF IT!
>>
>>48561050
Yeah but I feel like if I had a chaotic neutral rogue who stole something which led to a war, then when later confronted about it basically went "not my problem yolo" and got upset at you for even implying that they should feel bad or maybe give the thing back I'd say that's at least a few ticks towards CE.
>>
>>48559958
Why would a fantasy world have to conform to the direct real life counterparts? Why can't Orlais be the melting pot of foreign cultures?
>>
>>48561146
Because from what we've seen of Orlais, either Bioware tried to do that and failed hilariously, or Bioware isn't even trying anymore and this fantasy world makes no sense.
>>
>>48560376
Yeah, I seem to recall that Anders basically corrupted Justice with his angst and that DA2 writing completely ruins both of the characters.
>>
>>48561171
Well, sure, that's fine, but a fantasy counterpart does not have to copy its real world counterpart exactly. Otherwise, you may as well just have it take place in a historical fiction setting.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 476x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 476x480px
>>48560967
Man, that part pissed me off so much. It was such a fucking retarded moment, it made no sense at all and it just felt like the game punished me for not joining the other retarded faction.
>>
>>48560074
And if they live down to those expectations, they give the people who treated them that way in the first place justification to continue doing so, because now they're a legitimate threat. This also has the wonderful side effect of turning previous sympathizers against them as well.

The templars were pigeonholed into the rile of the "oppressive" authority, but considering how chill the mages were about demon summoning and human sacrifice and outright terrorism at times, it's hard to fault the templars for doing their jobs and trying to keep people safe.

Neither group was done particularly well, but between the two of them, the templars were closer to being good guys than the mages ever were. It's just too bad the mages were written as the "good" choice.
>>
>>48561342
It was more that
>Oh man we made 2 bosses and want to show them both off
>Better contrive a way for you to fight both no matter which path you take.
>>
>>48560666
Satan confirmed in liking hatefucking, which is something I can get behind.
>>
>>48561375
The entirety of Act 3 is pretty much "Shit, EA's rushing this thing out the door we have to wrap it up quick".
>>
>>48560666
You're not wrong.
>>
>>48561244
Seeing as Ferelden was basically a down to earth fantasy England it's safe to assume that Orlais was supposed to be down to earth fantasy France. By DA the entire down to earth thing was dropped because if you don't have a visual style and presentation that sets your game appart from other games, consumers wont pay attention to your game.

>DA:O took six years to develop
>EA buys Bioware sometime in mid-development of DA:O
>DA:O at the time ended up being Bioware's best selling game that sold even better than Mass Effect 1 and 2
>EA decides that they know what's best and they want Dragon Age to have a wider market appeal
>six years of worldbuilding is now flushed down the drain and non of the original key people that worked on DA:O no longer works at Bioware
>the original DA:O devs now gets to watch EA rub its dick all over Dragon Age for many years to come

Never dare to have artistic integrity and dreams when EA is involved. They will fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>48561572
>by DA2 the entire down to earth thing was dropped
>>
>>48559584
Saved to change from magic to pyromancy and post during Kaladesh.
>>
>>48560829
>>48560851
That's basically how the fade works.

Ideas become reality.

So there must be some powerful spirit that personify the maker, literally, so once at the end of the 5th game, he'll "return".
>>
>>48559079
Lets compare Anders blowing up the Chantry to dropping the bomb at the end of WWII

Do the end justify the means if it saves millions of lives and end a war? Yes
Do the end justify the means if it might COST millions of lives and START a war that you most likely wont win? No.

I tired coming up with an example for Meredith but it would get super political. Lets not go there.
>>
>>48559584
The entire conflict was pretty much unironic /pol/acks vs SJW's. Assholes fighting assholes.
>>
>>48560666
Merril is best girl (In Dragon Age)
>>
>>48559400
of course, how could she had known that letting yourself be possessed by a demon was a bad thing? If only she had decades of experience regarding this subject. IF ONLY
>>
>>48561737
But he did to start a war, not end one.
He did it to force mages to rebel.
>>
>>48559079
>Cucksino not included
Even as the representative, he's useless.
>>
>>48561769
NO, IRON BULL IS BEST GRILL
>>
>>48561850
Iron Bull is best bro.
>>
>>48561850
Isabella would be best girl if she didn't fuck everything with a dick.
>>
>>48561898
Isabela is best fuckbuddy.
>>
>>48561898
But those legs.
Them hips.
Perfect modeling.
>>
>>48561898
Remember that time she was like 'imma go fuck dis elf guy' right in front of you and you can either go 'what? no? You already have aid. Don't get Super AIDs.' or 'fuck it, I need aids to.'
>>
>>48559896
You suspension of disbelief ends with tone of skin which has no impact on a storyline of magical atomic bombs and demons wanting to shred reality.

This whining of yours is pretty silly
>>
>>48561911
Her voice is pure sex too.
>>48561918
I really couldn't believe the game gave me that choice. [/spoiler] I joined in [spoiler/]
>>
>>48561972
So did I. In one playthough
All other playthoughs I romanced Merill because shes best girl.
>>
>>48559079
>Does the end justify the means, /tg/?
Always, so long as the means actually move towards the end and you aren't just saying that to do stupid shit.
>>
>>48560266
>The Arrival DLC

What was so railroady about that?
>>
>>48560139
He realized that there is no hope at this point, everytime the mages do anything some Templar goes out of his way to make trouble, meanwhile some blood mage snaps and undo what Thrask's templars was trying to do which was mediate the peace

Thrask's death was simply the last straw and he was going to use Kirkwall's Chantry to make the other Circles decide to either start telling other go independent or to bend the knee. At the rate they are bleeding through Templars and Blood Mages it was only time before one got lucky and tip everything out of hand without time for people to even get their shit together, Templar or Mage.

At least by Vengeance's Hand it won't be a blood mage that started a revolution in Kirkwall.

>>48561346

A common theme in Dragon Age is the cycle of Oppression, God to Elves, Elves to Mages, Mage to Zealots, Zealots to Elves and Mages.
>>
>>48562080
Name an action or choice you could make that changed the story.

Whether or not you warn the Batarians, comms get cut off. Whether or not you shoot the crazy lady, she still explodes the engines.

Nothing you do matters, and only causes the same thing to happen.
>>
>>48559079
“Show us not the aim without the way.
For ends and means on earth are so entangled
That changing one, you change the other too;
Each different path brings other ends in view”
>>
>>48562198

That was just their way of preparing you for ME3.
>>
>>48562275
I know, and it was pretty fucking weak. Choices that aren't choices are a good example of bad storytelling: if you don't want the story to change, don't offer choice.
>>
>>48559079
This is the one thing I hated about both dragon age games.
"you MUST side with one of us, and the other one will become your enemy by proxy!"

Fuck yourselves, you inane sociopathic freaks! i pick neither, and then I pick walking into each of your strongholds, bending your leader over a table and fucking them with a freshly forged steel strap-on. Vigorously. As well as anyone that tries to stop me. Then whomever is left can choose to side with ME.

There was absolutely no REAL freedom of narrative choice in these games. Railroading/10
>>
>>48561770
>Demon
>Red Lyrium Sword

Choose anon
>>
File: Dragon Age 2.jpg (222KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Age 2.jpg
222KB, 1024x1024px
>>
File: can't make this shit up.png (605KB, 855x715px) Image search: [Google]
can't make this shit up.png
605KB, 855x715px
>>
>>48562127
>A common theme in Dragon Age is the cycle of Oppression, God to Elves, Elves to Mages, Mage to Zealots, Zealots to Elves and Mages.

Yeah, I get you. I was saying that the oppression angle didn't work in the case of the templars and mages, because while both factions were total idiots, the templars at least had some reason for what they were doing.
>>
File: mommy what is dragons eggs.jpg (162KB, 913x700px) Image search: [Google]
mommy what is dragons eggs.jpg
162KB, 913x700px
gas the drow
>>
>>48561346
>but considering how chill the mages were about demon summoning and human sacrifice and outright terrorism at times
Which most of them weren't until the templars really started treating them like shit.. Remember DA2 was nearing the worst of their treatment. They had been trying to get treated better the gentle way for decades and it wasn't working, so they decided to blow their way to freedom.

>>48561898
Well if you're boring you can convince her to act like less of a raging slut by making her turn down sex with the elf, and she will, so long as Hawke promises to fuck her later.
Turning a prime-grade sexy piece of slut into a pureslut. Not the worst idea.
>>
>>48562365
because Lyrium is not the stuff used to tear the veil and power magics, a sword that sings eerily in your conscience is in no way indicative of bad things to come to a person that fights demons and their influences. You are right those are mutually exclusive and no one could foresee what would happen next.
>>
File: 1457785417085.jpg (21KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1457785417085.jpg
21KB, 258x245px
>>48561849
>Cucksino
>>
>>48562491

>Which most of them weren't until the templars really started treating them like shit.. Remember DA2 was nearing the worst of their treatment. They had been trying to get treated better the gentle way for decades and it wasn't working, so they decided to blow their way to freedom.

"I'm being treated with suspicion and caution because I could explode into a demon at literally any second, which will almost certainly kill people, and will quite possibly directly cause other mages to become possessed too. Better start using the one type of magic that has the far and away highest chance of making this happen, just to spite those guys for trying to contain the demon horde."

That's what their motivation boiled down to, stripped of any personal elements meant to make the player feel sympathy for the mages. Which, for the record, is fine. There's nothing wrong with a story having a side the player is expected to take, even in a game where choice is meant to be key. But the mages' side was just so stupid that it was mind boggling. The templars were assholes, sure, but they were assholes who were trying to minimize the chances of an apocalypse. Did they do a good job? Hell no. They did perhaps the worst job. But they at least had a motivation that made sense; thr mages didn't even have that.
>>
>>48562854
>but they were assholes who were trying to minimize the chances of an apocalypse.
And one of them wanted to mindbreak all of the mages and turn the women into realdolls. And started on this plan of his without repercussion. And the templars were starting to break the rules and mindbreak all of the mages regardless of if they passed the test or not.

The mages motivation was that they wanted out because they couldn't so much as take a piss without three armed templars ready to chop their heads off for sneezing.
The templar order went out of line with 'controlling' the mages and the mages wanted out. They called for reformation for decades just so the circles could be more pleasant and it didn't work. What were they just supposed to accept that the templars could literally beat on them until they defend themselves just so they could yell "He's turning into a demon!" and execute them? Or tell some girl mage to just take it and not say a word or they'll say that she's lying and possessed by a demon.

The templars had gone to shit and it honestly shouldn't have been surprising the mages wanted to be treated like human beings. Shit if you give them what they want at the end of Inquisition, they literally just make mage-controlled circles, rename them "colleges" and lock themselves back away.
>>
>>48562990
Yeah, the templars were shit. But when templars are shit, they don't summon demons and threaten to tear apart the world (except the one time they totally did exactly that).

I do see where you're coming from, since the game took exactly the same stance, but I think this would all be a lot more convincing if an unchecked mage didn't run the very real risk of exploding into demon fun times at any moment.

Honestly, the elves served the exact same purpose much better, especially in Origins.
>>
>>48559079
Depends on the ends and the means. If your path to world peace involves killing everyone, than no. Sacrificing millions, to save billions, is another kind of story.
>>
>>48563492
Especially when you realize a billion is at least a thousand million. (Actually a million millions, pleb americans)

Compared to a billion lives, one million are worthless.
>>
False dilema. There's neither good nor evil.
>>
>>48559931

>you will never fuck your sister.
>>
File: 1275030914833.jpg (28KB, 175x230px) Image search: [Google]
1275030914833.jpg
28KB, 175x230px
>>48563830

But what if I already have?
>>
>>48559079
There's not a non-tryhard way to say this.

I really could care more. Like I just could not bring myself to give any kinds of fuck about that whole fucking conflict. Hawke had incestuous feelings for his sister, a burning desire to get his mom a better house and yet he was somehow forced into being some kind of legendary hero and for some bizzaro reason not murder kill the templars that took Beth away.

Both sides are retarded and the grinding in 3 is fucking unbelievable.
>>
>>48563679
>americans
Long scale isn't used in bongistan either anymore.
>>
File: 1469731712271.jpg (37KB, 438x344px) Image search: [Google]
1469731712271.jpg
37KB, 438x344px
Everyone in Dragon Age 2 were either evil, retarded, or both
The only exceptions were Varric and the Qunari
>>
>>48564228
>Qunari
>Not retarded
>>
>>48559079
>Choose who to side with
>This only affects in what order you fight the last two bosses, because they're both evil
>And all of this was a meaningless side quest that has nothing to do with the 'plot' in our world
Great way to actually make a worse ending than ME3, Bioware.
>>
Why didn't they let me fuck Bethany?
>>
>>48564343
Because she was your sister and Bioware wasn't completely in the Inquisition mindset yet
>>
>>48564343

Carver is more interesting.
>>
>>48559079
Yes, but ends and means have some value. If ends are worth of the means, and you actually REACH them, all right.
If you make a few corpses to make an omelette, fuck you.
If you burn a church full of believers to kill a single demon-possessed dude who turns out to be immune to fire, eat shit.
If you send a squad to certain death to win a battle and succeed, shit's good.
>>
>>48564334
>The lifestyle of these foreign people is foreign to me
>I don't approve
>Better declare war on the city.
>>
>>48560622
Now I haven't played Inquisition, and I know there are Elven Gods involved, so I could very easily already be proven wrong.

But ever since the first game I always assumed The Maker was the Dog who locked away the Elven Gods, and the "Earth Gods" who are obviously the Dragons the Tevinter/Darkspawn worship
>>
>>48559932
It doesn't even make any fucking Sense. We know from the first game that Qunari have VERY strict gender roles.
>>
>>48559571
i think he didnt see any peaceful solutions that didnt involve peaceful opression of mages. so he chose all out war instead
>>
>>48559774
Or maybe he couldnt deal with the fact of what he did so he made his own reality.
>>
>>48564751
they still are strict, but not in the way we thought
>>
>>48560967
Don't forget he taunts you about how he knew, and worked with, the guy who killed your mom.
After you just helped him.
>>
>>48560787
It kinda broke the templars position that you casually killed abominations with the same ease as killing a man. you kept hearing about them destroying cities and the templars angling their shield and drinking lyrium to do their job. But in the end the abominations were just another enemy to kill.
>>
>>48564786

So it's just a shitty retcon.

Leave it to Bioware to fuck it all up.
>>
>>48561918
Wait, what was this situation, and what was the actual dialogue? I remember nothing of her trying to fuck a disease ridden elf.
>>
>>48564786
How then?
>>
>>48565031
their gender roles are defined by their jobs, rather than the other way round

its presented in origins that sten doesn't understand why the women in the party are fighting, because according to him women can't be warriors and that was all we knew about the Qun

inquisition reframes that, its not women can't be warriors, it's warriors can't be women, if you are a female qunari warrior, you are not a woman
>>
>>48565082
That's a rather weak justification to try and excuse their tumblr-tier bullshit.

In DA:O the Qunari companion expresses utter confusion that a woman could be a warrior (if you played as a female character), pretty much outright stating that such a thing is inconceivable to the Qunari mind. Two games later and the attitude is "oh, this woman calls herself a man so it's all okay now."
Gender roles exist because they fit reality. Men are stronger than women so it makes sense for them to do all the fighting. The Qunari have it drilled into their head from birth that the individual exists to serve the group. The main value of a woman in a society is to produce the next generation. Having a woman who is not actively producing the next generation is a waste of potential, and so the Qunari would not tolerate it.
They just retconned the canon so they could say "look how progressive we are!"
>>
>>48559079
Ends always justify the means, but you have to take the consequences of using said means into account when calculating ends.
>>
>>48565112
iirc the DA:I style Qun is hinted at

Sten does pester Leliana I think it is about how she could be considered both a warrior and a woman
>>
>>48560967
>He didn't with the Templars from the start

You were asking to get backstabbed.
>>
>>48559079
The wholesale slaughter of mages would be fine if only it worked. Since they can't be gotten rid of permanently the next best and only thing you can do is regulate them. Generally, yes.
>>
>>48561737
No. What Ffffffucking Anders did was fly two planes into the Lady Pope's face and start a global shitstorm.

He's ACTUALLY worse than Hitler.
>>
File: 1315eb4[1].jpg (24KB, 400x257px) Image search: [Google]
1315eb4[1].jpg
24KB, 400x257px
>>48560967
>he trusted a mage
>>
>>48559686
3 Snark monsters in 1 party?

I can see why they avoided that.

No other character would ever get chosen for anything ever.

Also if you go with every snarky option for Hawk then we have his MAXIMUM SNARK SATURATION! And it would have been glorious.
>>
>>48564638
Considering just how retarded everyone in Kirkwall is, that doesn't seem like a bad idea.
>>
>>48559079
Nothing justifies the existence of such a shit game.
>>
>>48559701
Corypheus literally confirmed that it was. Dumat lied to him.

What makes it interesting is that Dumat knew what was there. He had to have known, there was literally no functioning way for him not to. Dumat and the Old Gods of Tevinter WANTED to be Darkspawn Archdemons.

What also makes it interesting is that while Corypheus said that yes, the seat of the Maker was empty, it was a seat, and it was there.
>>
>>48563075
>But when templars are shit, they don't summon demons and threaten to tear apart the world (except the one time they totally did exactly that).
Don't forget the repeated, systemic, and continual over decades/centuries abuse of mages. By which I mean that it regularly got to the point where Templars were known to have mage novices made Tranquil just so they could fuck them without anybody saying anything about it. "Tranquil can't refuse."

The Ferelden Circle was apparently known for being incredibly fair-minded and reasonable, generally TOO reasonable, among the Circles and Templars.

Not that this excuses the mages, but there is literally no good side in that debate. The entire system is fucked to high heaven.
>>
>>48559979
This.

She can be a lesbian with a skinhead and a traditionally mans job all she wants. No one is going to bat an eyelid in the Inquisition. Least of all considering we've hired apostates, possessed, qunari, elves, dwarves, humans, gays, lesbians, tranquils, former Templars, Grey Wardens, blood mages, members of almost all religions, philosophies and ideologies and any combination of these things.

But the thing is that none of these people tried to tell me they were something other than what they were.

You are not a man with a vagina, you are a woman. Fucking deal with it.

And fuck the Iron Bull. When someone say
>Hi, I'm a professional back stabber from an aggressive and semi-hostile government and my name literally translates as Liar
You take every word they say as bullshit until proven otherwise.
>>
>>48566180
Can you still be a bro with the Bull as long as you're not taking him at his word? Is that possible?
>>
>>48565112
Devils Advocate:

The double speak makes an eerie kind of sense. Women cannot be warriors. Men are Warriors. Krem considers herself to be a man. She is this thing which is actually a man even though it looks like a woman. Ergo, it works. The problem with Leilana and Fem-Warden is they identify as women, which to the Qun mind makes no sense - they are warriors, they are clearly men.

Furthermore, Women make up the clergical and civic leadership class under the Qun, they aren't just baby factories.
>>
>>48560923
>Like that time she purposefully caught an STD, to give it to a town official, to send him to Anders to get it cured on the promise that he stop trying to kick Fenris out of the mansion he was squatting in.

Jesus christ that is disgusting, couldn't she have just murdered him

I mean I guess I appreciate the fact they explored the logical conclusion of a society where you can cure any disease with magic.
>>
>>48566196
>>48566180
All irrelivant because I forced Bull to sacrifice the Chargers for the sake of Qunari naval support, so the trans died anyway.

And he gave me like +50 respect for it. Which shows what he really thought about them all along.
>>
>>48564751
We also knew that they didn't have head horns, but Bioware didn't seem to know what they wanted the Qunari to be besides "big dudes."
>>
>>48560829
Not the best but no where near the tippidy tip what a tweest they look like they are building up to.

A song of pure love and joy and genuine omni-directional kindness so strong that it reaches across all of space and, importantly, time.

It reaches back past the start of time, into the primordial chaos to create the universe from scratch.

DA4 should be that it is revealed that you have to give the Maker enough raw power/confidence/moral support to do this by ensuring that the Chant of Light is heard across all the world. Humanity creates the all powerful god that creates them in gratitude for it's own creation.

Elven gods and such things were the unnameable things in the primordial void that suddenly found themselves in the newly created world and thought it was fucking awesome.

Fade is where the chaos still dwells but not unchanged. The ancient things, like the collective soul of the Dark Spawn, are what dwelt and "lived" before time and space.
>>
>>48563679
Britfag here. Nobody has used long scale for about 50 years. It's an old relic of an idea like the old pre-decimalised currency
>>
>>48566059
>Corypheus
An ancient mage who had passed the bonkers horizon a thousand years ago and never slowed down.

Gonna have to take with a grain of salt the size of a cow.
>>
>>48566221
But clergy and clerical work can be done in addition to producing children, since division of labour is a big thing among Qunari, and they have dedicated child minders. Pregnancy does not significantly impede these jobs. Soldiering does. So they would want women to stick to these jobs to keep their society running AND produce children. Why would they want a woman to be a soldier when she's going to be objectively worse at it and not going to be producing children (using real world logic women would make terrible medieval soldiers due to the lack of firearms to compensate for reduced physical strength).

Plus, the Qunari don't like disingenuous words Unless it is literally your job to lie to people and pretend to be something other than what you are, they don't want you to do that. So Krem, by pretending to be a man, is violating that principle.

What was it that Sten said in DA:O... I don't remember the exact quote but it was something like "A farmer can try to be a baker but he'll always be a farmer"... this would suggest to me that Qunari really don't like people who try to break out their station, and they don't recognise those who do as being anything other than what they originally were. So even if Krem calls herself a man, the Qunari would still view her as a woman, in the same way that they say a farmer who calls himself a baker and lives the life of a baker will always be just a farmer pretending to be a baker.
>>
>>48566540
It's also worth noting that the Qunari are trying to make a perfectly orderly, and therefore stable, society.

It could be that they have a breeding rota or list of ideal pairings that they believe would produce good quality children. It would also be imperative to have a child birth rate not higher than the death rate so as to maintain internal stability of the nation.

When they take the breaks off the breeding quota and the priestesses start demanding more children it's probably because they are planning a large war sometime in the next twenty something years and they will need more children to counteract the attrition rate to maintain stability.

This also means that even if the reason for this war are averted they will still go to war to give the newly grown population somewhere to live.

Yes I did just pull all that out of my arse. It's just the sort of conclusions it seems to me like they would come to.
>>
>>48566210
Atrocity of the Qun is where it treats people as meatpuppets fit only to fill out a role it wants for them, even if it meant mindbreaking torture.

While I can see how someone might see this thing as admirable or interesting from the outside, it baffles me why anyone would want to live in it or force other people to.
>>
File: DA M or T.jpg (29KB, 232x598px) Image search: [Google]
DA M or T.jpg
29KB, 232x598px
>>48562405
Oh, you.
>>
File: Sera-romance.png (1MB, 968x968px) Image search: [Google]
Sera-romance.png
1MB, 968x968px
Can we all agree this cunt hooking up with Scout Harding is bullshit.
>>
>>48568095
Depends how much you like your job.

If the Qun demands you dig ditches but you find satisfaction in your work and actually enjoy the security of knowing you will always have a home and enough to eat then all is well.

If you hate digging ditches then it sucks donkey balls.

>>48568700

Everything with Sara in it was pure cancer.
>>
>>48565138
Leliana fits Sten's worldview because he likens bards to Ben-Hassrath, the secret police of the Qun. She's not a warrior/soldier per se in his mind, she's a spy and an assassin.
>>
>>48568700
Is that a goblin?
>>
>>48568864
I remember him having party banter with one of the women along those lines, then there's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmqM9d6zKFU
>>
>>48566196
Bull remains a bro only if he becomes Tal-Vashoth.

And why wouldn't you want to save him from atheist not!Islam? Qunari even send assassins after Bull if he betrays them - as if they issued a fatwa on him.
>>
>>48568912
or this https://youtu.be/RAYqGrwVDQY?t=2h42m27s
2:42:27
>>
>>48566210
Sten never even considered that Fem-Warden might be a trans-faerie or whatever. He called her as he saw her, like everything else he encountered.
>>
>>48568912
>>48568960
Okay, I stand corrected, but you do have to admit that Sten might've changed his opinion on Leliana if she was likened to Ben-Hassrath, since spies can be either men or women. How else could they monitor all three branches of Qunari society and infiltrate other countries?
>>
>>48559079
Always.
>>
>>48559079
Dragon Age 2 was a great idea. A single central city that occupies most of the game is a proven concept that plays very well to Biowares obsession with continuity. The framing device of a character telling you about your PC is brilliant. The bones of the story work so well.

They just squandered all of that potential. Even accounting for the fact that had fuck all time to work with, they made some bad choices. The story revolved around Templars and Mages, and the game never really got around to showing you either side. You're just told that they are the central conflict and a very big deal.

It's still a better idea than what they're doing now. Imagine if they'd used all the time they had to make big empty deserts for DAI, and instead made a large detailed city that genuinely changed over the course of the game.

I hate Dragon Age 2. It's basically killed any leeway Bioware had to take risks.
>>
>>48560020
I put everyone in my group and only kicked them out if they became a liability.

Sera's belligerent disregard for my Inquisitor's direct orders, lying and misleading him, and her senseless murder of a nobleman just because he was protecting his holdings from a pathetically small revolt. I told that strung-out pixie haired dyke to go fuck herself and fuck her entire group of worthless faggots and degenerates. She was a complete waste of time, especially since the Inquisitor already has an extensive spy network that's infinitely more reliable.
>>
>>48569189
there is another bit of Sten dialogue where he says that he basically doesn't bother to think about other parts of his culture, he's a soldier and that's all he needs to think about
>>
>>48569325
The inevitable conflict with the stranded Qunari was far more compelling than Templar and Mage squabbles.

The last third of the game was so arbitrary that it wasn't even funny, but it does a good job of cementing your hatred for the mages even if it probably wasn't what they intended.
>>
>>48569451
i think it would have been best if they mixed the last two acts together

like, the qunari attack and the mages use that as an opportunity to try and run, the the templars start trying to smite everyone

that way instead of some fucking statues, we could have fought the Arishok as perhaps a decent boss fight, befitting the military leader of the Qun.
>>
>>48569451
>The inevitable conflict with the stranded Qunari was far more compelling than Templar and Mage squabbles.

It would have been so much more interesting if they had cut the robed assholes bickering and instead had the Qunari occupy the city for the last year of the game.
>>
>>48559079
Both of them suck and so does Dragon Age 2.
>>
>>48559792
>Why wouldn't you include NPCs of all skin tones to cater to people?

For ingame consistency?
If it makes sense to not have minorities then the should not be included.
Witcher had none "people of color" on the release.
Effect? Game of the year, skyrocketing value of shares and shitload of sold copies.
You need to craft a good game and a good story not waste your time catering to SJW needs.

Bitching about exclusion of X won't hurt the sales, it will make free marketing. But yielding takes time to include X group into the game and can result in worse overall product.
>>
>>48569684
>Effect? Game of the year, skyrocketing value of shares and shitload of sold copies.
>Witcher 3 was good because it didn't have those damn darkies.

Fucking Stormies. Go back to Stormland.
>>
>>48569589
It would also have given the images something to really whine about other than "boo hoo the Templars are being mean to us because we are sheltering blood mage psychopaths. So unfair!"

This time around the Templars see the Qunari treatment of mages and are all like "Holy Fuck, calm the fuck down! What are you doing?! Shit dude stop it! Please.They are only children!"

Templars + Mages vs Qunari.

Templars learn that Mages really are people after all. It's hard to hate the mage who just saved your life and put the bones back whole in your leg.

Understanding is reached between Meredith and Orsino. Templars relax a little on Mages.

Qunari back in their homeland put the Arishocks disgraceful behaviour down to Tvinters poisoning him with this newly discovered Red Lyrium.

Vint extremists trying to provoke a Holy War between Qun and Chant.

First rumblings of what is to come.

DA:I it's Top Chant Mother and Arishok that are assassinated. Game spent trying to reconcile Qun lands and Chant lands to kick the shit out of Tvinters who have gone Full Old Gods + Nazis. Also Vints are allied with Architect and his Dark Spawn free mutants.
>>
File: CLEAR_AS_DAY.png (44KB, 480x620px) Image search: [Google]
CLEAR_AS_DAY.png
44KB, 480x620px
/tg/ - Video Games

inb4 a "rule" attributed to a fictional character that isn't written on the rules page
>>
>>48564638

The game was prescient on this regarding the refugee thing going on.

Am I the only one that quit playing in the third act? Like real quick, after the tremendous second act, I knew it was just gonna suck and quit playing.
>>
File: Dragon-Age-Set-I-Components.jpg (1MB, 2866x2064px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon-Age-Set-I-Components.jpg
1MB, 2866x2064px
>>48569793
there's a board game, we're just talking about the stuff going on in the setting
>>
>>48564638

Kirkwall deserves that and more. Burn that abomination, that pit of despair and mysery, that beacon of Daemons.

Its Tevinter architects designed the place to be as miserable and cursed as possible.
>>
>>48569880
That or Hawke is just a doom magnet
>>
>>48569922
That, or the game has shitty writing. Oh wait, it does.
>>
File: james_bond_rpg.png (1MB, 700x910px) Image search: [Google]
james_bond_rpg.png
1MB, 700x910px
>>48569854
>Discussion of the James Bond films is /tg/ because a traditional game adaptation exists somewhere!
>>
>>48570028
You came in here just complain and post that image. Fuck off.
>>
>>48566540
You forget one important thing about the Qunari, they are complete and utter hypocrites.

Also, it means that its entirely probable that the Qunari force gender roles on unwilling people and Krem essentially lucked out. We're talking about a society that runs on Soviet-style central planning and high school vocational tests. You're a burly, macho guy who tests well for child rearing when the government says they need more child rearers? You're a woman now, put on the dress or you get to drink the retard juice.

And if you want to bring real world logic into it medieval armies would get their shit wrecked to a single DA mage.

>>48569451
>>48569589
I didn't like the Qunari subplot because everything was completely off-screen. You have a bunch of people who are essentially sitting around doing nothing for several years in a barricaded area surrounded by guards then suddenly they've taken over the whole city in a night. If anything, the first act should have ended with with the Qunari attack.

>>48569684
DA:2 takes place in a major international trading hub, Kirkwall is a fantasy Italian city-state. DA:I not only directly mentions people making pilgrimage from all over the world to see you since everyone thinks you're Fightan' Jesus, but also is heavily tied to the politics of a massive empire from which most of those "people of color" hail.
>>
>>48569880

>Statues of slaves crying everywhere in the city.
>Tevinter architects delivery designed the city streets to form powerful glyphs.
>Thousands of slaves scarified in blood rituals.
>Mazes of caves, sewers, and hidden passages hiding ancient chambers where Magisters performed arcane research even too extreme for the Imperium.
>Kirkwall mages have a troubled history. A greater percentage of them do not survive the Harrowing, and a greater percentage become blood mages- almost twice than other circle.
>Veil is thin, the Tevinter magisters deliberately thinned it even further.
>On top of that, Corypheus's prison is next to it. The fucker corrupts the place even when he isn't awake yet.
>Etc...
>>
>>48570129
>rules don't apply to me
>>
>>48570159
The Grey Warden prison is pretty far from the city.
>>
>>48570186

Ingame speculation:

The records say Corypheus has been trapped below the Vimmarks since the days of the Tevinter Imperium. Can it be a coincidence that the darkspawn besiege this area more fiercely than anywhere else on the surface of Thedas? Or that Kirkwall, the closest city, suffers from endless plagues of violence, lunacy, human sacrifice, and blood magic?
If one studies Kirkwall's public records, it becomes hard to deny that some malevolent force has long shaped its history. Could a darkspawn, even a powerful mage, have such influence even as it slumbers?

—From a weathered journal bearing the Grey Wardens' seal
>>
>>48570320
Still no mention of traditional games.
>>
>>48569758
Completely missed the point.
Witcher 3 was a good game while not having darkies.
Therefor catering to some people wishes is not requirement of good product.

Devs should concentrate on making a good game not on being careful not to offend anyone.

If someones ethnicity is not important in story terms make them whoever you want.
If making someone race X you risk damaging the lore, than don't do it.
Going with witcher, nearest place where dark skinned people live is if think Zerrikania. In that setting including someone dark skinned is a plot point. Due to their rarity among native population.

While on topic of DA 2, it makes perfect sense to include all races in major trade hub, where people of all human nations meet.
>>
>>48570379
If we can't talk about Dragon Age even though it has a TTRPG then we can't talk about D&D because it has several video games.
>>
>>48570444
D&D originated as a traditional game.
The traditional game was made BEFORE the video game.
Now you know the difference.
>>
>>48559400

I'd love to see you in quarantine in a concentration camp. Just so you know what you're talking about
>>
File: Image.png (112KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
112KB, 223x311px
White agrees.
>>
>>48570523
> Everybody who disagrees with me deserves to suffer in a concentration camp.
Wow, and I've thought /pol/ people are bad.
>>
>>48570498
Hairsplitting. Take it to /v/, or /co/, or /tv/, or /lit/.
>>
>>48570547

You said you wanted experience, now get it, hypocrite
>>
>>48559400

I think the story did a fairly good job at showing why people fear mages.

>Abomination! Blood Mage! Blood Mage! Demon! Crazy mages abusing their power everywhere.
>>
File: Z7IC0tX.jpg (38KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
Z7IC0tX.jpg
38KB, 600x315px
>>48570545

Indeed
>>
>>48562327
>i pick neither
To be perfectly honest, you could do exactly that in DA:O. Just go straight to Landsmeet and from there to the end of plot line. You don't even need all those sides in the final combat.
>>
>>48570548
>a brand of canned pasta shaped like Spongebob exists somewhere
>ergo Spongebob the TV show is literally food and belongs on /ck/
>>
>>48570607
Talking about a tv show will net you the same amount of information about food and cooking as most /ck/ threads.
>>
>>48570607
>someone makes a thread in /ck/ on subject but uses a spongebob image
> people start talking about more about spongebob than the original subject
> some faggot decides to come in and try and start arguments
>>
>>48570406
>>48570406
>Devs should concentrate on making a good game not on being careful not to offend anyone.

You vastly over-estimate the effort required to make an NPC black.
>>
>>48570788
>You vastly over-estimate the effort required to make an NPC black.
Bioware's engines in DAO/DA2 couldn't really handle darker skin tones.
>>
>>48570701
Do you see anyone discussing TRADITIONAL GAMES in this thread?
Keep in mind Dragon Age is ORIGINALLY a video game.
>>
>>48570821
Even if that's true, do you think that was the only reason they redid the game engine? If not, and there's no credible really about it, we're back to how much effort it takes to make an NPC black, and whether it's really enough to ruin a game entirely.
>>
>>48570879
Autism pls go. There's a filename thread right at the top of the board. Go bother them instead.
>>
>>48570953
>I can't explain logically how this thread isn't against the rules as written, so I'll resort to name-calling! That should prove you wrong!
How about no?
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 500x666px
Does the OP justify autism?
>>
>>48570993
Technically, you're off-topic, and that's against the rules.
>>
File: grr2801_452_1024x1024.jpg (87KB, 450x568px) Image search: [Google]
grr2801_452_1024x1024.jpg
87KB, 450x568px
>>48570879
>>
>>48571022
>the rule says "never do XYZ"
>you do XYX anyway and get caught
>AUTISM!!
Why don't you follow the rules? There really aren't that many.
>>
>>48571047
I'm waiting for you to discuss that game.
You can start any time.
>>
>>48571069
your argument suggests that we can't talk about dragon age because it was a video game first. by that logic we can't talk about call of cthulu on this board because it was a novel first.
>>
>>48571069
Yes, I know I made a typo.
>>
>>48571097
>by that logic we can't talk about call of cthulu on this board because it was a novel first.
If you're specifically discussing the novel and make no mention of the traditional game whatsoever, then that's right, you can't.
>>
>>48570993
Yes how could asking /tg/'s opinion about "Does the end justify the means" ever relate to-

>every paladin and alignment thread ever

oh right, character drama is an intristic part of role playing for many people, particularly when "what is right" is tied to mechanical effects like in D&D and other games with character options that are limited by a moral code that are often times rather vaugely defined in the rulebook
>>
File: 1466032458819.gif (40KB, 300x580px) Image search: [Google]
1466032458819.gif
40KB, 300x580px
>arguing with a furfag

Shitposting is against the rules, friends, let's please stay on topic.
>>
>>48571134
OP was asking that question in the context of Dragon Age, a video game, and most of the replies in this thread are specifically about a video game. OP wanted a video game thread in the traditional games board.
>>
Is Inquisition worth finishing? I've created two different characters and played a decent amount of hours but the grinding becomes too much. The story lost it's appeal when it became about stupid elven gods and it stopped caring about darkspawn.
>>
File: IT_MUST_BE_TRUE!.png (4KB, 350x250px) Image search: [Google]
IT_MUST_BE_TRUE!.png
4KB, 350x250px
>>48571155
I can put words in an image too.
>>
>>48570879
do you see the very first post, which is about ends justifying means using DA2 as an example

there are about half a dozen threads n the board right now doing similar things
>>
>>48571088

When you talk about the background fluff of the video game, you're also talking about the background fluff of the tabeltop game, becasue it's the same background fluff.
>>
>>48571180
Depends on what you're looking for out of it, I guess. The main story is just there, but the individual areas have some good stuff. Almost like Bethesda does it, really.

As far as the rest of it goes, Jaws of Hakkon isn't bad, the Descent actually hits on some interesting bits, and I can't say for Trespasser yet.
>>
>>48571222
see
>>48570028
>>
File: 1451422105320.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1451422105320.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>48571155
i'd follow commander keen to hell and back i would
>>
>>48571233
holy shit you are so autistic it physically hurts me. so are you to imply that if we're not strictly discussing the mechanics of a board game we can't talk about its setting?
>>
>>48571165
>OP was asking that question in the context of Dragon Age, a video game AND a role playing game

fixed that for you, the context would be the same in either format as either way you're still talking about what is right and wrong in Thedas making the distinction pointless
>>
File: off_topic.png (40KB, 540x560px) Image search: [Google]
off_topic.png
40KB, 540x560px
>>48571247
Not always. Here's a helpful guide for staying on topic.
It must be true because I put words in an image!
>>
>>48571269
Then why are you breaking your own arbitrary rules?
>>
>>48571247
after years of seeing these kinda things, yes, I'm pretty sure that is the implication.
>>
>>48571282
silly anon, this is the internet, things are only bad when the other guy does them.
>>
>>48571282
Because it's what you say you want. Now /tg/ is the "literally everything" board.
If any of my threads get deleted for being off topic, then that proves a thing exists which is off topic for /tg/, so the topic of the board logically cannot be "literally everything", so I'm right.
What's outside of everything?
>>
Let's ignore the troll and get back to something marginally more interesting.

For instance, what the fuck is that weird shit down below earth, full with its own ecosystem?
What really is the origin of dwarves and how did they turn so fleshy as the humans?

And how was it possible for any sentient peoples to even survive, let alone thrive, before making of the Veil, considering how fucked up place Fade is?
>>
>>48571269
how about you go and report
>>48570573
>>48559053
>>48554822
>>48568110
>>
File: DA Merrill.png (464KB, 535x754px) Image search: [Google]
DA Merrill.png
464KB, 535x754px
I think we can all agree Elves of the DA were just terrible and deserved extinction, right?
Except Merrill!
Also, which class is the best play as in the board game?
>>
>>48571326
I think the Dwarves come from a huge god-like stone.
>>
>>48571326
>Let's ignore the troll
So knowing the rules as written and wanting them enforced, i.e. not complete chaos, makes me a troll?
I come to /tg/ because I want to discuss traditional games. That is the purpose of the board. There is a whole other board for video games. You should go there to discuss Dragon Age the video game.
>>
>>48571069
One of the symptoms of autism the obsession with systems and being an asshole that can't tell he is being an asshole.
>>
>>48571326
I took it as before the veil all the crazy shit was a lot less condensed, but when the veil was mad all the madness was pushed together
>>
>>48570028
Well, let's analyse this.

>James Bond RPG exists
>presumably, it exists in the same world as the movies (or prehaps the novels)
>ergo, the movies (or novels) form the background fluff of the RPG

So going from that I'd have to say. yes, of course, why wouldn't it be? It's the background for an RPG.
>>
>>48571433
And that proves "all images and discussion should pertain to traditional games" is not true because...
>>
File: ELVES.png (224KB, 365x301px) Image search: [Google]
ELVES.png
224KB, 365x301px
>>48571356
(mostly) right on both counts anon except i will say i liked the actual oldschool elves you meet in DA3. they're alright in my book, especially given that they call out dalish elf culture for the ignorant mishmash it is.
>>
>>48571457
because the thing you are throwing a bitchfit about DOES pretain to traditional games becasue this >>48571047 exists.
is it really that hard of a concept?

>Dragon Age is a role-playing game
>Role-playing games are /tg/
>>
>>48571433
I think he's merely pretending and practicing his internet argumentation.

I suppose it's also a traditional game for 4chan, although not nearly as amusing as, for instance, Mornington Crescent, especially in Queen Victoria ruleset.
>>
>>48571492
By that logic, any discussion of Marvel comics is inherently /tg/ related because Marvel Heroic RPG exists.
You're not discussing the traditional game. You're discussing the setting of a video game that got adapted into a traditional game later.
>>
>>48571356
I don't see why. Yes, the old empire was cancer (although also impressive in a way), but nomadic elves seem alright (well mostly) and ghetto elves seem to be getting more shit than they deserve already.

Merril a qt regardless
>>
>>48571549
>You're discussing the setting of a video game that got adapted into a traditional game later.

>that got adapted into a tradirional game later

>into a traditonal game

>a traditional game

Well.... yes, like you just said, they've been adapted into a traditional game.
>>
>>48571519
I prefer the "Prince Albert in a can" variant. Queen Victoria ruleset makes the game drag for way too long.
>>
>>48571688
Prove it. Post a thread about Marvel Comics that does not mention traditional games at all. I'm sure it will be deleted.
You're just acting like your personal tastes are exempt from being off topic.
>>
File: Solas.png (1MB, 1500x847px) Image search: [Google]
Solas.png
1MB, 1500x847px
Who Wolf here?
>>
File: On_Patrol.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
On_Patrol.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
Hall Monitors here, you have ten seconds to prove your thread is about traditional games based on my arbitrary rules or I'M TELLING!!!!!
>>
Don't delete this thread, I want to marvel at the people who could apparently make it through Dragon Age 2.
>>
>>48571804
Dalish mage woman is best Inquisitor just so you can a Dread Wolf.

Also it annoys the Orleasians, Sara and Corpy and that's always good.
>>
>>48571788
>I'm sure it will be deleted.

just like this thread has been?
>>
>>48571873
I've got two or three playthroughs. Turns out the trick is to choose the snarky insulting voice lines so Hawke can insult the game as much as you want to, like he knows he's in a shitty game and has stopped caring.
>>
>>48572213
And in no playthrough will you get to fuck Avalline.
>>
>>48571788
>campaign settings are off-topic
Since when? You can't play an RPG in a vacuum. Then it's just, you know, chess.
>>
>>48572312
Not really into her, and she gets her own squeeze she's cute with. Best bro in the game though. She tanks and doesn't have any complicated shit about her beyond fumbling her way through wooing someone. No "trying to summon a mirror demon", no "I stole a book and accidentally caused a war", no "mages did 9/11, qun-bombs can't melt lyrium beams".
She just fucking tanks, protects the people and has your back.
>>
>>48572490
And that's exactly why my version of Hawk wanted her. He settled for Isabella.

Would have gone after Merrill but that would have made her more outcast from even the city elves and he couldn't do that to a friend.
>>
>>48572490
I wish she was an option over the Hawk asshole fanclub members.
>>
>>48572490
That's why I always liked to have her and Varric in my party as any kind of Hawke. Mostly chill bros who don't go out of their way to cause trouble.
>>
>>48572419
Since D&D has no setting, any discussion of morals and ethics is immediately and instantaneously moot when anyone can invent a setting where the conclusion is not true.
>>
For fucks sake ignore the trolls you fucking inbreds.
>>
>>48575029
Shame that Bethany is around Act I only, else one could play through the game leading the Team "Goody-Two-Shoes".
>>
File: donnic.jpg (26KB, 620x316px) Image search: [Google]
donnic.jpg
26KB, 620x316px
>>48572490
Aveline is best girl but her heart is for someone else. Lucky bastard ;_;
>>
>>48575029
It's a shame that party composition was so strict in that game. DA:O to an extent but I liked Wynne and Alistair.
Basically, you need a rogue with lockpicking. And you want a healer. And a tank is going to be useful too.
But there's only one NPC tank, and one decent healer. Half the party I never bothered to use because they were just different variations on "kill stuff gooder" when I was doing that myself pretty well and everyone else brought something to the table.
Basically, more customisability might have been nice.
>>
>>48571873

Having tossed through it three times, it's not good. But I liked some of the sidequests and characters in it, and the ideas were neat. Just a shame it was all wasted potential.

Legacy DLC wasn't too bad either. I still fucking hate Day's DLC though, that shit made me cringe harder than anything else.
>>
>>48576396

Yeah. I wish that whole 'choose your sibling' shit 'but they fuck off after anyways' crap wasn't in the game. It felt like wasted potential for just being able to take your bro or sis around all the time and shoot the shit.

Instead they're the ones who get caught, either by the circle or die or get forcefully conscripted into the Wardens, which is a load of fucking horseshit that I hated.

I just wanna hang around with my bro and have back and forth banter, you know? What's so wrong with that?
>>
>>48577657
I always wanted to save Bethany and be a mage at the same time. Fuck Carver, annoying little shit. But nope, can't let you do that Jim.

>>48571804
Go back to /dag/.

Thought all the revelations about the real history of the world were fascinating but.
>>
>>48577817
Mages have always been the most interesting classes to play in Dragon Age games because it means you actually have a reason to be interested in the mage-templar thing apart from "but thou must". But in DA 2, if you want to play a mage you get stuck with Carver the Angsty wanker instead of Booby McBigtits. It's not fair, dammit.
>>
>>48577874
Eh, mage was kind of sucky in that game. I found 2H reaver warrior way more fun.
>>
>>48577951

From a mechanical standpoint, I found rogue to be my favorite class to play, second only to 2h warriors. It's just from a story standpoint unless you go Templar or Mage, the whole story arc is kind of just...why do I care?

Honestly if they'd just made the 2nd act the rest of the game, only the Qunari invasion succeeded in taking over Kirkwall, and you had to play Guerilla Warfare/rebel, it'd been way more interesting and investing than mage/templar war, which turned out to be

'both sides are wrong and house horrible people.' which is a shit way of doing ambiguity. Inquisition at least tried to do ambiguity better and did a p. okay job of it, but 2's ambiguity was laughable.
>>
>>48577817

There needs to be a reason for the prejudice and a reason to be taking sides. Two apsotate mages wont survive Kirkwall and have no reason to help the Chantry
>>
>>48578313
The way DA2 handled the mage-templar was like "The templars are like the Nazis, and the mages are the jews, but all the bad things the nazis said about the jews is actually correct".
So you have Templars who want to strip away the all the emotion from mages and turn them into mindless automatons/sex slaves while many of the mages are massively corrupt and will sacrifice random people in their blood-magic-orgy-rituals so they can gain MORE POWAH!
Fuck the writing in DA 2. If you want to make the conflict reasonable, don't have every second mage be a mass-murderer waiting to happen, and don't have every second Templar be Mengele in plate armour.
>>
>>48578428

Then instead of one sibling dying, have them both live and make it to Kirkwall alive. This not only gives you opportunities to sprinkle in actually difficult choices regarding your siblings but gives both sides a personal stake to deal with.

Like, I get they wanted like to have the whole one sibling thing, but it made no goddamn sense to me because from a writing standpoint having them both live offers you so much more opportunity to develop each side. It lets your siblings react to the situation on-going and choose their opinions about it; Carver clearly going more for the Templars, Bethany clearly going more for the Mages.

Then ideally what you'd do is you'd expend two full acts exploring both sides of the conflict; fro ma story standpoint, this means either axing or making the Deep Roads plotline come later, which is the better option anyways. The first three acts really needed to be a total exploration of Kirkwall and what it's like to be destitute, poor, downtrodden, barely making it by.

It lets the characters breathe more, too, and gives more weight to choosing to go with the Mercs to get by, or choosing X to get by, etc. and is an area you could use to slowly introduce the on-going conflict, but not having either sibling take a side until act 2, when you, for example, have gathered up enough money to not be stuck in your uncle's garage.

Building up that noble part of the game, getting your estate and viscount stuff, should've been a major part of the game instead of 'you get it because the deep roads.' It's one of the things where I felt like the fact it was fantasy [and also having very meh writers] really kept it from being as involving as it had the potential to be.

The idea was nice and solid, but they didn't have the actual stones to go through with it. That and EA breathing down their neck and rushing it to completion likely didn't help matters.
>>
>>48566221
She got it cured and all it costed was an argument with Anders. She's not AS slutty as she pretends to be, but absolutely no one would question this chain of events.
Meanwhile if she just killed him, the templars would go full investigation on the mansion and Fenris would've been killed for murdering a noble and public official.
This way, no one dies, Fenris is out of trouble, and Isabela's up 1 good sexual encounter.
Everyone wins.
>>
File: DA Isabela Beau.jpg (859KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DA Isabela Beau.jpg
859KB, 1920x1080px
Not trying to really excuse her actions but Isabela had a shitty life
>Sold by her mother
>Trapped in a loveless marriage
>Beaten by her husband
>Can't have children while your culture is big on fertility
>Had to learn how to fight to survive
>>
File: Sister Bitchtrice.jpg (23KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sister Bitchtrice.jpg
23KB, 350x300px
She was right, you know?
>>
>>48566246
it means that he appreciates that you know how to make hard decisions for the greater good and put personal ties aside.

he can appreciate this regardless of the loss he feels from his company dying in the process.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.