[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We come up with fun magic items

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 39

File: CrystalBalls.jpg (57KB, 736x401px) Image search: [Google]
CrystalBalls.jpg
57KB, 736x401px
Try to avoid +1 weapons and such and try to come up with something that you would find neat, unique or just plain amusing to use.

Cursed items are good too as long its more fun than cruel
>>
Ring of Induce Estrus
>>
Sword of healing - Once per day you may strike an ally and heal them the amount of damage the sword would have done.
>>
File: descarga.jpg (8KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
8KB, 263x191px
Ghost camera - The photos you take with this camera are exactly like the real image but without people in it. Instead the people that should be in the photo appear in the next photo you take.
>>
>>48526389
>My son, there are three kinds of people
>the evil ones
>the good ones
>and asians
Dank pic OP
>>
>>48526997
So can you take the second picture with the ghost camera to add people to the picture that weren't there before? Do the people that would be in the second get kicked to the third picture?

>Book of Books - Can become an exact copy of any book that the reader knows of, but confers no benefit (including understanding spells from another book) except knowledge, but also no penalty.
>>
File: descarga33.jpg (15KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
descarga33.jpg
15KB, 225x224px
Invisibility ring - makes all clothes you wear invisible
>>
>>48526389
Ring of dragon detection:
It allows you to detect dragons within 100 miles.

It also allows all dragons within 100 miles to detect you. They cannot ignore this fact.
>>
>>48526513
>"Did I use this already or not? Eh, who cares, I have to heal/kill the halfling"
>>
File: 12455.jpg (61KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
12455.jpg
61KB, 600x849px
Wild ointment - what the ointment touch becomes an animal at random (just for hours)
>>
>>48527828
Do you want to see the snake in my pants... or it was a badger?
>>
File: 1410005320444s.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1410005320444s.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
>>48527887
FUCK ME, IT'S A HONEY BADGER!
>>
Horn of invisibility. All who can hear the horn are invisible.
>>
What about the hands you use to apply it? Or the container even?
>>
Some kind of bell shield that you can strike to cause sonic damage to everything around the user
>>
File: 14richmondspan-7531771.jpg (62KB, 600x320px) Image search: [Google]
14richmondspan-7531771.jpg
62KB, 600x320px
>>48527985
>Bell
>Not a gong.
>>
>>48528013
That's perfect actually. I'm running a game in an Asian setting so now i just need to figure it out
>>
Afflictions pendant - this makes you weak and sick, very often diarrhea but also makes you immortal
>>
>>48526389
I introduced a dead saint's handkerchief as a magic item, once. Basically it could be used to immediately and immaculately clean off a blade, and would absorb the blood it cleaned and return it as equivalent HP to the wielder.

I also had another item from the same saint, a shawl that gave especially restful sleep to everyone within a hundred feet, which had the effect of doubling HP regain from rest.

The coolest item I've made, in my opinion, was a sapient gem that attracted wealth to itself, but the actual trick to this was that it literally attracted the wealthy to seize it, and aside from being a rather large diamond, did nothing at all to enhance the fortune of its owner. In reality it was a magnet for misfortune and tragedy alone.
>>
Spirit sword - can cut all materials but flesh and bones. Bonus to defence?
>>
>>48527475
>Book of Books - Can become an exact copy of any book that the reader knows of, but confers no benefit (including understanding spells from another book) except knowledge, but also no penalty.
So I can have an exact copy of the blackmailers book of secrets? Or the merchants ledger? Or the Spy Masters book of turncoats and moles?
Sounds like an excellent item, if you do a bit of thinking.
>>
>>48528071
Instead of sonic damage, why have it cast great thunderclap or something similar? Seems more reasonable than killing people.
>>
>>48528209
Merchant's ledger, sure.

But what sort of spy master is going to leave a book lying around with an uncoded list of all of their moles? And then give people knowledge of this book, no less?
>>
File: dwi.gif (2MB, 400x212px) Image search: [Google]
dwi.gif
2MB, 400x212px
>>48528157
>sapient gem that lurks for wealthy people and leads to misfortune and tragedy
>>
>>48528246
What about the Queens diary?
>>
A few I'm planning to include in a game:

>A halfling matron's cookpot, which can make a great feast out of scraps.

>A banner made of the banners of many dead noble houses. The banner can call forth a set of ghostly retainers to protect whoever hoists the banner.

>A set of enchanted handguns commissioned by a group of paladins, to commemorate fallen comrades.
>>
File: Jerry.jpg (272KB, 824x865px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry.jpg
272KB, 824x865px
>Sentient Orb of Questioning
>Orb is voiced by Jerry Seinfeld.
>>
I once put a Green Lantern ring in one of my D&D games
It enable the wielder to use Flight,Web,Wall of Force,Scorching Ray, Telekinesis and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head
Needless to say it was a plot device that was destroyed when used to defeat a lich
>>
>>48529280
Was the lich called Siniestro?
This is important
>>
>Sword containing the spirit of a legendary warrior-king
>He was really snobby, so the sword's effectiveness is proportional to the user's social status, wealth, how royal your bloodline is, and how proper your etiquette is
>>
>>48528209
>>48528246
>>48528317
I get the feeling it should be a book you've either seen or know the title of, so you can't randomly guess that someone has a book and get a copy.

After all, what if a merchant has multiple ledgers? Does the book copy his old one, or the new one?

Going by title would cut out a lot of utility though, as most personal logs lack names.
>>
>>48529432
fantastic.
>>
File: Forging a Power Ring.jpg (1MB, 2585x2004px) Image search: [Google]
Forging a Power Ring.jpg
1MB, 2585x2004px
>>48529325
He was not
but he was a once a Gnome the ring was his phlactery that he was trying to get back from the players
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447991828580.jpg (10KB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447991828580.jpg
10KB, 320x181px
>Plate Armor that produces a light spell at will. A simple command word turns it on, or off. Unfortunately this feature is not exclusive to the owner.

>a shield inhabited by the spirit of a masochist. It moves to intercept blows, but moans, and talks dirty when struck.

>a sword blessed by a godess of mercy. It will never bring an opponent below zero hit points. If a dying person is struck by the sword it will stabilize them.

>a battleaxe enchanted with powerful ranged attacks. In order to activate them the character needs to strike a dramatic pose with the weapon, and shout out the name of the attack.

>hide armor that is still alive. If it is hit the armor twitches and bleeds. Repair skill, and spells will not fix the armor. Healing spells, and use of the medicine skill will.
>>
>>48529432
Bitchy intelligent items are the best.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.403853286_luh5.jpg (99KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.403853286_luh5.jpg
99KB, 800x800px
I once gave the PCs a skull ring that let them animate skeletons, but the skeletons would always retain free will and the minds of when they were alive.
>>
>>48530133
Did they ever try the ring on a dead PC?
>>
>>48530179
Nope, one of them misunderstood how it worked and put it onto the ring finger of a dead informant, who was later devoured by a monster for telling it's secrets.

I think that might be the only guy they actually used it on, and even after I explained they dont need to put it on the body they let him wear it "temporarily"
>>
File: lsyzq.jpg (48KB, 460x306px) Image search: [Google]
lsyzq.jpg
48KB, 460x306px
>flask that produces a number of healing draughts each day. The potion is vile beyond belief, and requires a will save to drink, and a fortitude save not to throw up.

>a metal stylus that never runs out of ink. With a silent command it will transform in a short sword. The blade resembles the tip of the stylus, and can even be used to write.

>a pair of boots that leave no tracks, except over stone. The footware leaves depressions as if the stone were soft earth.
>>
Mimic sword
>Can cast an illusion to make it look like any sword imaginable
>It's still a shit sword
>A sword covered in seals that suppresses you and the enemies magic around you.
>Necklace that makes you follow any order, but gives you tremendous strength, speed, and endurance if you reject the order.
>>
>a spellbook that is written in emojis.

>a ring that summons a wish granting genie. All wishes will be perverted with some kind of magic realm lewdness.

>a pair of blue seven league boots. They take the bearer where they are needed, not where they want to go.
>>
Going with some creepypasta stuff

>a magic ring that makes the character invisible, and intangible. Except to the past victims of the ring, and they are oh, so hungry.

>an amulet that warns the character of danger. The buzzing sensation felt by the bearer is actually the amulet summoning danger. Eventually the character is driven mad, as the world, their loved ones, and ultimately themselves become subject to the infernal, bone jarring hum.
>>
>a pair of goggles of true seeing. After a while the bearer notices strange symbols superimposed on everything. Through experimentation they find the symbols change if injury occurs, or if they are wearing different armor or equipment. No amount of research and study will ever decode the symbols.
>>
A ring that, when worn, swaps the wearer's consciousness with a person in another universe who is also wearing the ring. If either of them takes their ring off, the spell is cancelled and both parties are returned to their bodies in their own universe.

the fun twist could be that the other universe is real life
>>
>A sword with a red hilt, pommel, and sheath. The sheath is emblazoned with a silver cross. The bearer is able to transform the sword blade into any melee weapon, or simple tool. All they have to do is visualize what they want, and pull it from the sheath. If the sword and sheath are separated, the blade loses its shape-changing properties.
>>
A bag of endless winds that can produce gales of hurricane strength depending on how open the bag's mouth us.
>>
>>48528183
>Spirit sword - can cut all materials but flesh and bones. Bonus to defence?

So a sword that's useless against living things but powerful against golems, elementals and constructs?

Could be worth it.
>>
>>48532231
Non lethal sword of stripping, lol
>>
>>48526389
Am I the only one that looks at that good orb of dragon kind and sees a darksteel ingot?
>>
>>48527656
That could actually be strangely useful for smuggling armor in somewhere.
>>
>>48530133
>>
>>48530423
If you have a climb speed you can provide handy foot holds for you party climbing stone walls.
>>
>>48530557
>Necklace that makes you follow any order, but gives you tremendous strength, speed, and endurance if you reject the order.

I don't follow. It forces you to obey commands, but you don't have to?
>>
>>48532475
Some kind of contested will roll perhaps.
>>
>>48529454
That's the best way. You don't need the title, but you have to know the exact volume you want.

So not "the Queen's diary" but "The Queen's leatherbound diary with a jewel on the front inside her bedchamber"
>>
>>48532231
>Fancy meetin' you here, Monado boy!
>>
>>48526389
>Amulet of Melos Dramatica

It's best to put this in any campaign that sees a lot of combat.

An amulet possessed by a spirit that, once a day and only during combat, can offer either a noticeable bonus to AC/defense/etc. or to accuracy/to-hit/etc with no negative consequences to the act. This bonus scales with level, so it'll always remain relatively relevant.

But when you enter combat against any sort of enemy, even if your character can easily handle them without the others in the group. while you haven't yet taken up his offer to buff you that day; it will urge you to take its offer non-stop. Its voice rumbles and booms like a greater demon's, and is accompanied by incredibly foreboding music; you're afflicted with points of malus in Dexterity and Wisdom each for the duration of combat up until you accept because of how distracting it is. The amount of points Dexterity and Wisdom are reduced by scales to the character's level similarly as the offered bonus does.

>TAKE MY POWER, FEEBLE MORTAL, AND SLAY THOSE WHO DARE STAND IN YOUR WAY/BE SURE TO LIVE TO SEE YET ANOTHER DAY
>Our Rogue stealth killed three of the four goblins and we can easily take the single one left
>WHY TAKE THE RISK? ONE LUCKY SHOT, ONE MINOR SLIP-UP AND YOU'LL SORELY REGRET TURNING DOWN MY OFFER. THERE ARE NO DRAWBACKS, I ASSURE YOU
>We're almost done, I don't need you
>PRIDE ALWAYS COMES BEFORE THE FALL, ARE YOU TRULY SO FOOLISH TO REJECT A BOON THAT HAS NO STRINGS ATTACHED
>>
>>48529432
My legend began in the 12 century
>>
File: xcalibur.png (135KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
xcalibur.png
135KB, 680x750px
>>48532776
>>
>>48529432
>The Emperor of Japan now owns it
>>
Ghislaine's Orb of Letching

A crystal ball created by the mage Ghislaine when he was a student to spy on the bedrooms of the female students without detection. It only shows the contents of those rooms, and unfortunately the whole university was sucked into the Far Realms some 200 years ago due to a magical mishap. Enjoy your soul-blasting cosmic insanity...
>>
>>48530005
>hide armor that is still alive. If it is hit the armor twitches and bleeds. Repair skill, and spells will not fix the armor. Healing spells, and use of the medicine skill will.
oh, this is cool. and evil. and cool. i will use it.
>>
Let's step away from useless items.

Belt of many pockets.

A belt with 4 small box shaped bags on it. The bags actually contain 10 cubic meters of empty space each.
The only problem is that only items small enough to fit through the bag oppenings can be put inside (so a quarterstaff, spear, unstrung bow, arrows or shortswords can fit inside while that huge twohander and battleax can't fit inside) which on a 15x5 Cm oppening means you can't fit in larger times or bottles.
>>
>>48530852
>an amulet that warns the character of danger. The buzzing sensation felt by the bearer is actually the amulet summoning danger. Eventually the character is driven mad, as the world, their loved ones, and ultimately themselves become subject to the infernal, bone jarring hum.
purrrrfect
>>
>>48532358
wait, where's that gif from?
>>
>Bladesmith's Hammer
>old blacksmithing hammer that belonged to some ancient legendary weaponsmith, blah-blah-blah
>sucks in combat due to being a smithing hammer, not a warhammer
>any non-magical item iron/steel/bronze hit with it turns into regular daggers/swords/greatsword, depending on weight. maybe some chance or will check to produce masterwork ones instead.

basically, you are just inconspicious blacksmith with some unarmed friends and you are cornered by well-armoured evil knights. you hit one in the chest and his armour explodes daggers and shortswords, which you allies can quickly grab and turn the tables
>>
>>48526389
>Portable oven of Bread Freshening
This enchanted, mini-oven allows you to warm bread and renew it's fresh-baked goodness with just an hour inside.

>Storm Bow
This bow is capable of firing all arrows around it in a five meter radius at once or individually. A particularly nimble/gusty archer can actually 'steal' arrows coming towards them or their teammates and send them back.

>Phantom Phalanx
A spear and shield set that, when used together, allows it's user to create four phantasmal copies of themselves, two on each side. The phalanx will follow the lead of the wearer and the phantoms can deal and resist some VERY real damage.

>Spear of the Inviting One
This jeweled spear, when dipped into any non-solid whether mud, lava, or water will, when withdrawn and allowed to let drip back into it's source, will create five by five foot solid blocks of land to stand on for up to an hour at a time.

>Coldfire Oil
This oil, when added to any normal fire source, causes it to instead produce cold instead of warmth and changes it to a pale blue light. Wood-fueled fires will still burn away, being reduced to a fine, powdery snow and the flames still 'burn' with cold if touched.
>>
File: The-Last-Unicorn-rampant.png (372KB, 620x339px) Image search: [Google]
The-Last-Unicorn-rampant.png
372KB, 620x339px
>>48532990
The Last Unicorn

Fucking fantastic movie
>>
>>48533089
fuck yeah, i knew i knew that gif from my childhood
gotta rewatch that movie
>>
>>48533054
>spear of the inviting one
so say you stab someone with it and let their blood drip back in, does their blood all clot at once?
>>
File: every day frog.jpg (62KB, 298x400px) Image search: [Google]
every day frog.jpg
62KB, 298x400px
>Scarf of Snootiness

-2 to diplomacy checks with anyone not of the same or higher perceived social status as the wearer, but +2 in appraise item checks. Bonus +2 if it pertains to alcoholic drinks.
>>
>>48527475
>But also no penalty

Time to read the Necronomicon.
>>
>>48526389

Mystic's Floating Ladder. A collection of flat wooden boards covered in runes. When you place them in mid-air they stay there for up to an hour. If placed in a line they form a grip so you can climb easier.
>>
>>48526389
Chalice of kings
>the chalice confers a +5 save bonus versus poisons to anyone who drinks from the chalice.

I used it in my campaign as a nice flavour piece in an abandoned castle.
>>
Harvester
A staff once wielded by a mad druid who sought the destruction of man
Once attuned, all damage dealing spells instead deal poison damage
As an action, the wielder can manifest a scyte blade of pure necrotic energy, dealing a number of d6s equal to half the weilder's druid level
(Similarly nature based classes, such as nature clerics and green paladins can substitute their class instead at dm discretion)
The wielder may find themselves compelled to end the scourge of man themselves
>>
A bow that fires arrows wich such force, it sends enemies in front of it flying. And also the wielder, unless strenght? check
>>
A magical skeleton key.

Allows picking locks. If the lock in question is trapped, or the door itself is trapped, or floor like behind the door is trapped - or even possibly if the door is the only thing that stands between the lockpicker and some powerful monster - the lock is picked automatically (although the character doesn't know that)

basically, it makes it much easier for you to open a door to instant doom.

Ring of Lockpicking

Gives substantial bonus to lockpicking. Every lock picked while wearing it inexplicably happens to be trapped.
>>
A handheld telescope that shoots lightning/death rays/something at whatever the user is looking at when a certain section is twisted just right.

Magic knitting needles; any clothing made from them will resize to fit any wearer. So not even your grandson turning into a dragon will let him get away from wearing that tacky turtleneck you made him for Christmas. He owes you a kiss and a pinch on the cheek, anyway.

Emergency overalls: If they sense a person who has need of pants or other cover, they are enchanted to go running to that person and clothe them. (Same one-size-fits-all as above) In case of danger, they come preenchanted with hillbilly-kicky action.

>>48534254
Arbalest jump! But you forgot your feather falling.
>>
>>48529432
Don't forget that etiquette/social norms have moved on, so the character also has to be an out of date prick to use it effectively.
>>
>>48534254
Sounds like a man portable ballista.

>Hoop of enlargement. Kudzu vines woven into a ring 24" in diameter that will enlarge anything passing through it by one size catagory. Can be done multiple times. All items enlarged this way will reduce to original size 3d6+6 hours after the last pass through the hoop.
>>
>>48534599
...so, if I stick my dick in it..?
>>
>>48534599
>Hoop of enlargement.

>Get it as loot.
>Buy lotsa Sending scrolls.
>contact each and every Gnome leader on the plane
>wait as they convene
>sells the Hoop to the gnomedom for majority of their combined united wealth
>become so rich you can solve current campaign just by throwing money at it
>make the world a better place by getting rid of a whole fucking midget race
>ascend to godhood for it
>>
>>48534612
You'd die of either low blood pressure, if you were soft before you enlarged yourself then got an erection, or you'd die of high blood pressure if you did it with an erection then lost it.
>>
>>48534612
Fine -> diminutive
>>
>>48530928
This one is great
>>
I have a fantastic idea: a sword or shield made of a powerful iman.
Bonus: is not magical at all
Sword: you always catch the sword (weapon) of your oponent in battle. You cant hit your oponent because you always hit his sword, shield or armor.
Shield: magnetises your opponent weapon so makes him unarmed but it collects all sort of weapons so that makes it heavier.
>>
File: 40d.png (342KB, 610x623px) Image search: [Google]
40d.png
342KB, 610x623px
>>48534692

>Goggles of breathing: grants the user the ability to breath in environments where the normally could not, however it removes the ability to breath where they normally would be able to. (Also protects eyes from hostile environments.)
>>
>>48528183
This is a sword with bonus to defence >>48534925
>>
File: ori-34854.jpg (212KB, 1500x1131px) Image search: [Google]
ori-34854.jpg
212KB, 1500x1131px
Ring of the Catnap
>When the wearer slaps someone with their ring hand, the target must pass a will save or get their mental endurance drained.
>One slap leaves the wearer fatigued, three brings them to exhausted, and five renders them unconscious. This scales up and down with size category, so a small creature takes three hits to knock out and a large creature ten.
>This sleep should be treated as if they fell asleep willingly, so after it's done additonal damage will wake them.
>Slapping does not deal actual damage but does hurt like a bitch.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447987274637.jpg (24KB, 500x409px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447987274637.jpg
24KB, 500x409px
>>48533037
That is fantastic!
>>
Dark tome of healing - this tome is filled by healing spells but all targets that unfortunately succeed in dying rise again as zombies. This applies if someone is healed and died some time later.
>>
File: tumblr_nw41afpTg31tb4is5o1_500.png (394KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw41afpTg31tb4is5o1_500.png
394KB, 500x500px
>>
>>48532475
It makes you subservient but if you fight against it, it will reward you. A test of will power.
>>
>>48535330
I had a character that would love that book!
>>
Black Hole Bow - when struck with an arrow, any enemy, object, or npc will immediatly have loose objects pulled towards them with great speed.
>>
Rings of the Desperate Wife

These two magical rings are attuned to two different command words. The first causes whoever is wearing the other ring to feel compulsion to hold the ring-bearing hand of the one who spoke it. Once their hands are locked, they will be unable to release their grasp until the second command word is spoken. No amount of physical force can separate the hands, but the death of a ring-bearer causes all magic to leave them.
>>
A paired sword and shield, the latter with a scabbard for the sword built in. The sword contains the imprisoned spirit of an ancient demon, the shield-scabbard the spirit of a powerful angel bound to jail it. Both are astonishingly effective and have great powers: the shield can produce a variety of protective holy blessings and effects, and the sword can command fire, compel lesser evil creatures and fire beams of corrupting entropic darkness that rots wood and leather and rusts metal. These powers are under the control of the captive spirits, and they have to be bargained with to use them, but the demon cannot use its powers without being drawn, nor without the wielders' permission (the angel can). An immaterial spirit chain ties the sword to the shield, so that they cannot be separated by more than six and six and five feet.

Every time the sword is drawn, its user must make a save to avoid being tainted by the demon's corrupting influence. At first it's easy, but every time the blade is used to kill a good or innocent creature, every time its powers are used, and every time the angel must tire itself by using its powers, the difficulty increases. The save is lowered and the angel empowered, however, whenever the shield is used to defend the innocent or the just.

Both the sword and the shield's spirit can talk to each other and their owner at any time; the sword can only talk to others when it's been drawn. Obviously, each will try to direct the user (and others) to good or evil through their advice. However, the demon was genuinely a mighty warrior and general of hell and can offer genuinely insightful, effictive strategic tips; the angel's expertise is more towards knowledge of religion, moral philosophy and the dispensation of justice and charity, which may be useful if the wielder becomes a ruler but is not often useful in the field.

After ages together, the sword and shield also bicker with each other like an old married couple.
>>
Cursed Basket of Breakfasts. Its allways full of fresh pies, fruits, milk.
You are attacked by wolfs and werevolves occasionaly.
>>
>>48537018
That is amazing and I will steal it.
>>
Spellstealer's Ring

The ring contains a bound demon. Once per day, at owner's command the demon can steal any spell being cast/flung/performed/whatever, before it takes effect, effectively dispelling it. The demon stores the spell and, well, he's a dick. So he will sometimes constitute any other spell being cast with the one he store (stealing the one he constitutes), if he pleases.

So, for instance Magus McWizardington casts a Fireball on you. You command the demon to steal the spell, and Fireball just disappears mid-flight. However, in next fight the demon becomes bored and right when your cleric is about to cast Mass Cure Serious Wounds, he unleashes a Fireball on the party instead. Ouch. However, the demon is indiscriminate dick, so he will sometimes dick over enemies instead of you, so it's sorta balanced. Say, Wizard McMagington casts a Chain Lightning on you, and demon decided he doesn't like McMagington's face and so instead of Chain Lightning your party is hit with the Mass Cure Serious Wounds he stored earlier.

For bonus effect, the demon might have keep some spells stored from his previous owners, so it's quite unpredictable.
>>
Bow of Empty Winds
>A bow that doesnt need arrows, but shoots concentrated gales of wind instead. Does little to no damage, but can redirect spells, open fires, liquids, and generally send all small objects on its path torwards the victim. If you do use an arrow however, the arrows splinter as you fire, unable to deal with the sheer amount of force that the wind commands. i guessyou can have it either damage you or send the splinters flying in the gale at the opponents depending on a roll
>>
The winds are pretty fast as well, lets say gale speeds of a tornaddo?
>>
>>48530005
>a shield inhabited by the spirit of a masochist. It moves to intercept blows, but moans, and talks dirty when struck.

OOOHH YEEEAS~

I've been a baaad shield <3
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 1024x548px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 1024x548px
>Mind-fling bow
The bow has no string but if you pretend to fire an arrow at someone they are absolutely convinced they've been shot with said arrow, even though they suffer no actual damage

>Achilles saber
The sword picks a random point on each individual enemies body that will instantly kill them if struck, you are however unaware of the point it picked

>Gravitoxin
A small bottle of toxin that can be applied to weapons, the toxin isn't necessarily deadly but causes victims to float into the air. If they are outside they will float into the atmosphere
>>
>>48533089
It really isn't. 6/10, only good because of nostalgia desu
>>
The Rainbow

Formed of prism-cut glass, this longbow nevertheless acts a normal weapon of its type.
However, it can create special arrows under the right conditions.
The bow must be taken to a naturally occuring rainbow and used to touch its light.
The rainbow is consumed, and an arrow of colored light is created.
Each arrow has the same effect as one of color of a Prismatic Sphere, created in order.
Consumed rainbows reform after a year and a day, assuming the conditions are still right.
There are rumors of black and white arrows too, but none have learned how to make them yet.
>>
>>48538304
>The bow must be taken to a naturally occuring rainbow and used to touch its light.

Anon...
>>
>>48527041
ya i saw that too
>>
An undefined object that removes itself and it's associated circumstances from the memory of any who look away from it. Potentially valuable for thieves spies and spooks, but difficult to take advantage of.
>>
>>48526389
> Cursed armor of muh fetish
>Insert your fetish here. Anyone who puts it on is transformed into it
>Now, who wants to talk about genderbent tomboys with short hair wearing super cute dresses, and having a special pheremone attack that mind-controls people with me? :^)))))

No but in all seriousness OP, gold idea for a thread. I mostly run ERPs online so I won't mess with you, but I'll watch in case of inspiration. Have a free bump.
>>
>>48539330
It's fantasy, let the PCs figure it out. Probably can't track down a big, sky filling rainbow, but small waterfalls could work. Maybe when it rains on a sunny day and you get a nice misting over the street to refract light. Or icicles acting as prisms. Just get creative with it.
>>
>>48526389
An old leatherbound catalogue advertising a wide variety of useful items once sold by a now-defunct general store. If a page is torn out of the catalogue, that page will transform into one of the items advertised on the page, depending on the user's need.
>>
A small pyramidal object. It changes color the closer it gets to the date of its destruction, from white for no danger, to a theorized vantablack just before its destruction.
>>
>>48539438

A what?
>>
>>48539858
An object of an unimportant and most likely indescribable shape that you forget about as soon as you stop looking at it. So if you're a thief you can get arrested and just flash it at a guard and he'll forget whatever happened while he was looking at it. It's hard to use because you'll forget about it if you look at it as well.
>>
>>48539330
Let him believe...
>>
So many great ideas here! Keep it up anons!
>>
>>48541568
Hey if the thread is dying, permission to add some lewd items/request lewd items? I might be running another quest soon that could use them
>>
File: 1450749724727.jpg (192KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1450749724727.jpg
192KB, 1100x1600px
>>48541790
Permission granted
>>
Dwavern Bar Song

A special song, It allows for beer barrels to hold limitless beer, so long as a rowdy drunken sounding song is being sung inside the current area
>>
>>48541824
I could go the generic cursed ,genderbend route, but the pink Dragon thread sorta fixed that for me. I'll try some new stuff.
> Balm of Soothing Tongues
Acts as a Minor Cure Wounds applied as a poultice. Roll 1d6 for a colour when applied, the wearers lips and fingernails are coloured neon shades of that colour for 1d12 hours. Gain +1 charisma, u less your char has a beard, in which case gain a bonus to intimidation checks, and -1 charisma

> Armour of Spunk
Extremely thin and light cloth meant to fit under armor. Consist of a small pair of right boxer-like cloth, and a short top that ends at the middrif. Grants a bonus to fear checks, and naturally improves the wearers mood. When worn under armor, the cloth fuses with, and gradually alters the armours design to be lighter and sleeker. Lose durability, but gain +1 agility. When worn by males, lose 1 intelligence, and roll a will save to not have your alignment shifted to chaotic good (removed after armor is removed). When worn by females, gain +2 strength, -1 charisma, and roll a will save. If failed, increase size class by 1, reduce breast size and have alignment shifted to chaotic good. Armor transformed is notoriously flat in the chest.
>tl;dr tomboy/shonen hero armor

> Parasitic Breasts
Unique organisms that appear to be two large circular blobs of flesh. Of one blob is incapacitated the other also dies. Attach themselves to unwary sleepers, and become indistinguishable from normal female breasts. Long term exposure can lead to loss of strength, mood swings, and increased estrogen (parasites feed on hormone receptor for estrogen production to cease)
>>
>>48538304
What happens if you touch a traveling rainbow creature (like the Mushi this reminded me of)?
>>
>>48526389
Potion of infinite punchlines.
Once imbibed, this magical effect lasts for no less than an hour. Every sentence that the drinker utters, or writes, is construed by those who understand the language as the punchline of a sophisticated / complicated joke, such that they respond by laughing without really understanding why and feeling left out.
>>
>>48539921
you didn't get the joke lad
>>
Stressdigging-Mustardcap

Imagine a yellow mushroom with nut-like seedpods in the cap.

Anyone who eats such a nut becomes infested by the mushroom and as a result is plagued by the urge to feel useful, as it naturally results in the person having more friends and therefor is around more potential carriers for the mushroom spores.

The carriers die after roughly 4 years and when they are buried the mushroom growing from their corpse can tunnel to nearby graves, to obtain more calcium and flesh.

They don't resurrect undead or anything magical like that, plain corpse eating chemical brain control mushrooms.

The only evil is the coincidence with how they seem to require hungry wanderers who return to civilization as willing slaves of anyone, who then in return might find themselves feel entirely willing to join cults or the army or other adventurer's parties, and always die soon-ish after.
>>
>>48533337
What if the effects of the book take place in the location the real book is?
>>
Hammer of the Derailer

This legendary hammer was used by the Dwarf Erthwin Hazedpyres during the great siege of the underground capitol. It is said that he worked for a whole week, and after that had turned any sub-terran railroad into weapons for the glorious defenders.

However just when they were about to fight back the rebelling clans, he betrayed the king and opened the gates.

When the war was over in a short siege, the leaders of each clans brawled over who should become the next king, which is when Hazedpyres killed them all in combat with the same hammer and took the crown.

He then worked on re-in forcing the railnetwork until his death. It is said that the railwork can no longer be forged, as it is made from the enchanted steel of his enemie's weapons.

Whoever wields this legendary hammer must make additional strenght and constitution checks on forging, but can re-forge magical items into any other thing, keeping their attributes intact even if it doesn't make fucking sense.
>>
>>48536570
With the black smiths hammer you get ballistic daggers flying at you.
>>
Profusely Important Jester's Hat

Imagine a jesters hat with church bell sized bells on the tips.

They float and create a reasonably awesome aura of holy if the wearer is chaotic good and has several levels in the rulebooks typical "bard" element/attribute.
>>
>>48528575
That banner part I am considering placing in my campaign, except it's a Horn of Valhalla, and summons Cavaliers instead of Barbarians.
It may or may not be called "Olifant"
>>
Staff of Sphericalization

Point it at any nonliving object and command it's spell to morph anything into a round shape. Especially useful to make people drop their sword as the center of mass is the center of the newly warbling spherical object of the same matter.
>>
There were some good magic items in this podcast I am listening to:

Shield of Personal Enemy Knowledge

A full plate shield that will give you a bonus to attack and defense if you have fought it before.

Since this shield moves from user to user and is not telepathic, it will not grant the bonuses unless it's sure you have fought it before. Telling it a bit of what you know about the enemy and sounding sure about what you are talking about is enough to grant these bonuses.

You can take advantage of this attribute by taking advantage of the fact the shield can be bluffed to think you have fought the enemy type before.

"Yah, kobolds! Fought them ALL the time back in the day".
>>
Bowl of the Immortal

Contrary to most people's believe, this bowl was worn on the immortal's head when his hairs were cut by his equally immortal mother back in the day. The immortality curse/blessing still is part of it and anyone who uses it as a helmet gains invincibility.

Though if you are the GM you should not tell that the players, let them riddle with it for themselves. Hint at alchemy if you want them to take extra-long.
>>
>>48543570

Actually found the item stats. Not attack bonuses

>Shield of Heroic Memories

This perfectly round silver shield initially has a mirror finish. As a hero takes it into battle it remembers the enemies encountered, gaining a +1 to AC on any subsequent battle with creatures of that type. The events of the battle are intricately engraved onto the shield’s surface (which has a seemingly endless capacity for detail).

The bearer of the shield may also attempt to recount past battles (real or imagined) to the shield. Upon a DC 10 charisma check or DC 15 bluff check, the shield confers a +1 AC against the creatures described in the tall tales.

3 failed attempts at recounting stories cause the shield to be cleared of all of its memories. The engravings disappear. It reverts to its mirror finish. All bonuses are lost.

>The Nit Picker

Physical Description: Resembles a miniature garden gnome that carries lock picking tools in his hands. When not in use, looks like a 4" inch tall statue.

Use: Twice daily, can be placed in front of a locked object to unlock it (functions as the spell “Knock”). At this point, the statue comes to life in order to pick the lock. After the lock is picked (or if he is unable to open it), reverts back to an inanimate statue.

Side Effects: While picking the lock, the Nit Picker critiques any or all members of the party on their recent performance in the campaign. Nothing escapes the critical eye of the Nit Picker, no matter how small the perceived offense.
>>
File: e137eb1e06fab13dd6535c797dc22230.png (528KB, 462x1040px) Image search: [Google]
e137eb1e06fab13dd6535c797dc22230.png
528KB, 462x1040px
>>48542362
>Armour of Spunk
>Armor of delicious flat chest spunky chaotic good tomboy

I'm in love.
>>
>>48543764
Tomboyis my fetish. Any help refining it?
I could see a whole range of items that are designed to tomboyify being listed here.
>>
Bumping
Can anyone think of an item with a particular transformation/transforming effect they think would be cool? Like a set of chainmail that you can touch to any other metal, and it becomes an armor of that type. you can have either pure mythril armor, or a rusted assortment of various pilfered sets of metal on a rainbow chainmail coat
>>
>>48543973
It's pretty nice as is. I'll try to see if I can think of anything to make it cuter.
>>
>>48545603
> THATS A BULGE
>>
>>48545325
Teansmutor's ring
The result of a failed attempt to turn metal to gold, this ring allows the user to turn earthen elements (earth, stone, metal) into the last metal they've touched one time
If the wearer tries to copy any metal created by the ring, it will instead cause the next substance it's used on to turn to ash
For some reason, despite it's versatility, it can't create gold
(Note: very effective with stone shape)
>>
>>48545785
>AND NOW THERE'S TWO BULGES
>>
>>48545811
*transmutor's
>>
>>48545325
A magical mace whose touch turns metal into glass. Useful, but I hope you weren't planning on looting that cool plate armor. May function inconsistently when used on other enchanted objects.
>>
> Form-fitting Frills
A small garter belt, choker or otherwise unimportant accessory of apparel, with a metal chain attached to a small glass ball. When worn, 'grows' over and into clothing. Clothing 'infested' in such a way gains a bonus to an armor of the metal type (e.g. regular clothes with an iron chain on the garter belt Grant the benefits of iron armor). The metal can be replaced by reenchanting the object for a cost of 500 gold and 1 ingot of metal.Due to its feminine style,it changes the clothing worn to frilly, lacy designs. Within 3d24 hours, it can complete transmits any clothing to an ornate ballgown, maid dress, or short skirt and blouse trimmed with lace, depending upon the current gold held by the player.

> Convincing Cosplay
A pair of glasses, with a jewel inset on the left side. Touching the heel while worn and looking at a person creates an vision of the person looked at on the wearer that cannot be dispelled by a sense check. Players must make a will save every 24 hours or whenever they look at a mirror to avoid thinking they are the person they imitate

> Beguiling Beastributes
A low-level polymorphism spell bound to a series of hollow triangular charms. Only one charm may be worn at a time. When a charm is worn, the wearer gains natural bonuses to sense checks, and may smell or hear better depending on the type of animal hair or body part (e.g. scale, tooth, feather) inserted in the hollow part of the charm. Due to poor maintainence, the following effects will occur
> If mammalian parts used, increase sense of smell and hearing, but decrease visibility range. Grows a tail if species inserted has one, and ears change to be reflective of the species inserted
> If avian, feathers grow from hair. Voice may mimic any other voice. Gain +5 to unarmed attacks as fingers shift to claws
> If aquatic/reptile, scales grow on cheeks and across arms. Played May taste temperature, or acquire limited waterbreathing. Gain a venomomous spit attack once per day.
>>
>>48545785

Rest easy, my child. Artist says its a girl, and not a futa either.
>>
>>48546184
So she's just stuffing the front of her boyshorts with a pair of socks? Lewd
>>
>The Sword of Durden

The sword is inhabited by the spirit of a great warrior, inspiring leader, cunning tactician, and possible madman. It can take control of you if you want it to, and will work tirelessly to do what you need. However, what it decides you "need" may be surprising

Over time, the amount of time its in control becomes unpredictable, and it eventually starts taking control without being asked
>>
File: 1455819020272.gif (184KB, 960x512px) Image search: [Google]
1455819020272.gif
184KB, 960x512px
ring of hardship
>suffer +1d6 damage when every damage is taken but also gain 10 XP on all successful rolls
>>
>>48547344
whenever*
>>
File: you are this fucked.jpg (76KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
you are this fucked.jpg
76KB, 564x846px
>Soulgorge Titan

Gigantic war construct (insert ridiculous stats here).

Upon activation magic jars the user to direct its movements for 10min/character level, after which the user is absorbed completely. Any spell slots, class abilities or feats of users absorbed in this way are accessible by later users for 1 day/character level.
>>
a hammer that forms a shield around the wheilder that only blocks water, while draining water the hammer can be charged up to 10/10 by gaining 1 point per miniute in contact with water, the shield will have air to last 10 minutes.

the hammer has a command word to unleach a stream of water with the force of a tousand oceans
>>
>>48527913
Oh, shit!

Well at least it wasn't a Dire Honey Badger.
>>
>>48530557
>>A sword covered in seals that suppresses you and the enemies magic around you.
so when you hit someone with it it teleports a large friendly seal on top of them?
>>
>>48532824
FOOL!
>>
Bumpo
>>
Lodestone Arrow

>Simple arrow, slightly magnetic, and a bit heavier than a regular one. When launched from a bow, it attracts all other arrows in the air, melding with them into a massive bolt, like one from ballista (depending on amount of arrows absorbed, of course). the bolt shatters after impact, leaving a lot of broken arrows and the Lodestone Arrow intact. Can be used to turn enemy volley against themselves, but using it with arrows flying in the same direction (i.e. part of same volley) makes it even more damaging. Finally, the Lodestone Arrow can only be used once per day, so there's no risk of an enemy immediately retaliating with it.
>>
Keystone Shield

>A tough shield adorned with a keystone to dimensional prison holding a powerful eldrich abomination. The keystone is rather tough, so it can deflect many blows. However, if the keystone is but scratched an extremely pissed off Celestial (that trapped the eldritch thing in the first place) appears to kick the ass of whoever touched the keystone. It will be angry with the shield-bearer, but won't attack for the fear of breaking the keystone. It will seek other means of punishment though, including attempts to take the shield away by guile. However, should the keystone ever break, the eldritch abomination will appear there and then, and be very inclined to eat the body, fuck the mind and then eat the soul of the shield-bearer, whom it considers its jailer. And everyone else around too, since it's quite pissed and angry. The celestial will arrive to help combat the abomination, but should the abomination be slain, and the celestial survive, he will be VERY pissed, and try to wipe the floor with the shield-bearer and his/her friends.
>>
>>48526389
Gloves that firmly hold onto the objects, objects won't be able to slip out/get torn out of the grasp/just fucking move if the wearer isn't willing to let it go. Useful for disarm immunity/climbing walls/strangling slippery sahuagin, like that.
Warning: grabbing hands of your loved ones with these gloves on might result in being stuck to each other for longer than you want
>>
Magnetic armor: a set of full plate that repels all ferrous objects except other parts of the set. +3 AC against iron and steel weapons (+5 against projectiles) but dramatically increases the fumble risk if you try wielding a ferrous weapon.
Also, attracts rust monsters.
>>
File: 1404856822238.png (210KB, 515x590px) Image search: [Google]
1404856822238.png
210KB, 515x590px
>>48530005
>a battleaxe enchanted with powerful ranged attacks. In order to activate them the character needs to strike a dramatic pose with the weapon, and shout out the name of the attack.

I'm stealing this style. The only way to shrink the caster/martial gap is to allow martials to do some jojo level nonsense.

Like a fighter can strike a pose shouting "OLYMPIAN DISCUSOO!" which allows him to throw his shield in a returning arc that can hit 1 target within 30ft for 1d6+strength mod as an attack action.

Would require some work to flesh out, but I like your style
>>
>>48546233
Or she has a very puffy vulva.
>>
Anvilicious Hammer

>This hammer creates an immovable spectral anvil for a split second behind anything it hits. The anvil appears only in unoccupied space, does not displace any hard matter or flesh and the actual fact of its appearance cannot be used offensively. If there's not enough space for it, as much as would fit appears, down to a thin plane of force. This obviously allows smithing stuff without actually having an anvil, but also allows smashing enemies to pulp as they are stuck between a hammer and spectral anvil, instead of getting knocked back.
>>
>>48526389
Wig of Trumping

>+20 to charisma when conversing with those of same alignment
>-20 to charisma when talking to those of opposite alignment
>-5 to intelligence
>immune to bankruptcy
>skin turns golden
>>
File: h9g522685h.gif (2MB, 297x235px) Image search: [Google]
h9g522685h.gif
2MB, 297x235px
>>48543718

Should be -1 to the bust, +1 to the ass. A spunky athletic heroine would have very well developed glutes.
>>
File: 1466919465419.jpg (195KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1466919465419.jpg
195KB, 1024x1365px
I am both tired and drunk pls excuse

>[item] of strength that boosts ones muscle strength massively, but only the muscles. Created by battlemage that would reinforce the rest of his body to take the stress of the [item].

>Frequency [item], requires experience and training to use. Most basic use is emitting incredibly loud lethal-to-most-unmodified-races screeches. More experienced users can create high frequency cutting fields around ones body, can use body parts to cut well, most effective is knife hands.

>A bolt of strange material that is actually a liquid metal, raps aggressively around ones head and neck in a protective ball of shifting metal. Provides protection with no weak points and gives NBC protection along with improved sight and hearing. Blocks smells, cannot be removed.

>helmet with a constant blind and sound enchantment, torture device. Apply glue around rim.

>hammer that builds up kinetic energy like a battery when swung, release on command.

>edgemaster blood armour of the crying river-or-some-bullshit. Alters and propels the users blood out of the ever shifting gaps in the living metal plate armour in high pressure streams to represent ones failed high school romances.
>>
Bump
Can we have more lewd/silly items?
>>
>>48555849
How about Forgetful Bard's Ring. It gives a +10 Charisma Boost when socializing with one or more females but if the conversation lasts longer than 5 minutes the wearer must make a will save or forgets what he was trying to accomplish and instead tries to bed said female. The will save is repeated every 5 minutes thereafter and becomes increasingly more difficult.
The effect isn't influenced by the wearer's gender.
>>
>>48556220
do i still forget what i was trying to accomplish if i was trying to bed said female in the first place?
>>
>>48526389
I had this as an idea for if I ever had a campaign approach level 20. A powerful wizard created a Wish orb to avoid the chance of losing the ability to cast the spell again. Over the years it became damaged and has a chance to do the opposite of what the user asked for. The trick to using it is to phrase your wishes in a way that either result still gives a positive outcome.
>>
>>48556508
Yes
A failed save means anything that has no relevance to getting into the targets pants vanishes from the wearer's mind. You wanted to steal something from her? No idea what you are talking about. Look at those tits, man!
And if you want to fuck a girl, does it really matter if wanted it 15 minutes before already?
>>
Saved a thread of magical realm items a while back, gonna post my favorite.

>Pillows of Dream Sharing
These pillows always come in pairs of silk or velvet and have a color coordinated tassle on one corner. If two creatures twist a lock of hair or personal item like a ribbon of the other into the tassle of their own pillow, they will be able to share lucid dreams every time they sleep on their pillows, regardless of distance.

>Pillow of Nightmare Command
A twisted item that appears to be a Pillow of Dream Sharing but actually gives the one who sleeps on it total control over the linked sleepers dreams, and may even command them to sleepwalk and perform whatever tasks are ordered. The controller may also harass and terrify the linked sleeper to inhlict a -2 on their will saves for the next day, while the commander gains a +2.

>Choker of Silence
A simple leather choker featuring a steel plate affixed to the front. Once it's attuned, the wearer moves silently, gaining a bonus to stealth checks. However, the wearer is unable to speak unless addressed by name.
The choker can only be removed by a Remove Curse type effect, or by someone that wants to wear the choker more than the current wearer.
>>
>When attached to a willing subject's collar, the end of the leash can only be removed by the one who put it on or a remove curse spell.
>The one who put the leash on can vary the length of the leash. The initial maximum length is 30'. The one wearing the collar is always aware of how far apart the ends of the leash are.
>The owner can make the leash insubstantial if desired. Solid objects between the ends of the leash do not pose a problem. If the maximum range is exceeded, the pet feels extremely ill and gradually takes damage. All effects and damage due to being out of range are healed once back in range. None of the other special abilities work if the ends are too far apart. The leash cannot be removed, even by the owner, while insubstantial.
>While touching the handle of the leash, the owner can use any ability that requires touch as if they were touching their pet.
>Either party can teleport the pet to the owner's side by touching their end of the leash and concentrating.
>The owner can communicate telepathically with the pet by touching the handle and concentrating.
>The maximum range doubles every week, up to 18 weeks. (~1500 miles)
>After six weeks, the handle disappears. The owner is always considered to be touching their end for the purpose of the leash's special abilities. If the owner wills the leash to become substantial, the handle appears in their hand. The pet can now sense the owner's location at all times, even if out of range.
>Over weeks 6-12, the pet begins to sense the owner's emotions and subconsciously feels a desire to please him or her. The owner finds that they can both sense the pet's emotional state and influence it by concentrating. These effects grow stronger of this period.
>>
>>48557632
>By twelve weeks, the owner can detect the pet's location at any distance. While in range, he or she can see through any or all of the pet's senses by concentrating, and read the pet's mind to a limited extent. The pet is never aware when these abilities are in use. The pet finds resisting any order given by the owner to be very difficult, and impossible if the order is pet-related. (e.g. "sit") These effects grow stronger over the next six weeks.
>After eighteen weeks, the bond is unbreakable and the leash cannot be removed except through divine intervention. The owner can completely read or alter the pet's mind by concentrating, though this is redundant because the pet would never refuse to answer, lie to, or disobey an order from their owner. The pet can subconsciously sense all of the owner's thoughts and usually begins work on an order before it's been given. The pet can turn their collar and end of the leash insubstantial at will, but they can always feel it on their neck and all special effects still apply. Even if the owner sets the leash's "length" to the maximum distance, the pet tries to be as close as possible unless that would go against one of their orders.
>>
>>>48557648
>Cursed rings of disguise:
Putting it on makes you appear as a very convincing copy of whatever race and gender you designate beforehand. The disguise cannot be removed except by remove curse.
Bestow curse can be placed on the ring causing it to meld in to the wearer and permanently change their outward appearance to that of the disguise.
Not too lewd or creative in itself, but its also one I've actually used in a campaign before. The players used it to spite a woman they didn't like by making her into a horned, tailed red version of herself with way more generous (even absurd) proportions so she'd tear out of her own clothes. In public. While giving a speech in front of the whole town.

>Harpy Cage:
This brass bird cage looks like a standard one of its kind with nl discernible differences. When the wielder uses the command word and concentrates on a target, the cage door will swing open and a powerful wind will pull the target towards it. The wind strips the target of all gear and clothes which fall to the ground. The targets arms transform into wings and they shrink drastically as the wind pulls them into the cage.
The cage will now magically house, feed, clean and otherwise care for the tiny naked harpy. The Harpy can speak only if the master wishes it, he can at any time remove this ability, leaving them only able to make pretty tweeting sounds, like a real bird.
>>
There are so many more, but I think I'll use this last post for some of the funnier ones:

>A stone that casts blink, but never takes clothes with you.

>A snake charming flute that also gives men erections.

>A spell that causes one of the target's articles of clothing to sprout a loose thread somewhere on its exterior. If the thread is pulled or cut, all the clothes the wearer is wearing (not just the one with the thread) unravel and fall off.

> Portal to Hell
A dildo shaped key that is used until orgasm, during which the doors to hell will be unlocked, like the gate spell, but the gate is a vagina.

and my personal favorite:

>It's a sword....

>and you can fuck it.
>>
>>48527828
We Giorno now
>>
File: 1469740490762.png (1MB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1469740490762.png
1MB, 1024x1448px
>Pendant of the two ways

Permits the wearer to convert what they are wearing in energy to enchant their weapon to deal more damage.
The extra damage dealt by the enchantement scales with the quality and type of wearing.

(e.g. If you are converting your heavy plate armour, damage will be greater.
If you are coverting your shirt and your hat, the pendant is going to mockingly laugh at you for the idiocy of the attempt.)

It is called ''of the two ways'' because it also permits you to convert your weapon in extra armour, scaling in a similar manner.

>Now I'm a stripper with a fuckhueg weapon
>Now I'm the apotheosis of a tank

I don't even know where this pic is, anyobdy has an idea where it could be from?
>>
>>48543543
Sounds like a physicist's dream.

>Ring of Reminders: Whenever you see a non-disguised person you have met before, you are instantly reminded of their name and basic personal information.
>>
>>48558285
>where is picture from

Fate/Grand Order I think. Its the rank up progression of Alter Lancer/Artoria Pendragon.
>>
Magic Items should look stupid but have ways you can creatively use them. Like transforming yourself into a horse so you can use the magic horseshoes, for instance.

>Diamond Horseshoes
Your horse is now both lightweight and has super-human... I mean super-horse strength and durability. It can run faster and leap tall buildings in a single bound!

>Gourmet Fork
Food eaten with this fork will taste as if it were prepared by the finest chefs, even if you're literally eating rotten meat garnished with dog shit.

>Astronomer's Stone
Throw it in the sky and it eats all the clouds. Only works at night.

>Enchanted Shaving Kit
An tiny and absurdly sharp razor blade and unnaturally durable soapstone that can never slice flesh, but cuts perfectly through non-flesh items.
>>
Exoskeleton key

>A magical key that will open any lock, however the door/chest/box/shackle opened will lead to a random location outside within 3 miles. Moreover the dimensional door is only as big as the thing it unlocks.
>>
>>48528078
an amulet of Nurgle?
>>
>>48526389
>Mood Ring
It's a magic Mood Ring. The color changes depending on the emotion the bearer feels.

>Essence of the Rat Catcher
This magical perfume increases the body's resistance to infection and poisoning, as well as smelling strong enough to cover up the stench of the sewers.

>Phoenix Paper
Despite its' exorbitant cost, feel free to treat this paper as poorly as you choose. Simply toss it on a fire and all damage is undone.

>Unconquered Coins
A generation past, a desperate king debased his realm's currency to pay what few of his soldiers remained.

...the odd mix of metals used created an alloy that could hold vast stores of mystical energies, making them highly desired among wizards and the like. The king's dynasty reigns to this day.

>Pitcher of Shame
Liquids poured from this taste worse the more guilt the imbiber feels, deserved or not.
>>
Does anyone have any ideas for guns? I'm kinda stuck for ideas
>>
>>48526513
>undercover
>villain orders you to execute your ally who's already near death
>you hit them with their sword with no hesitation
>heal them
>now it's two on one
>>
>>48530423
>>a metal stylus that never runs out of ink. With a silent command it will transform in a short sword. The blade resembles the tip of the stylus, and can even be used to write.
We Riptide now
>>
>the Whichblade - whenever you unsheath it, roll 1d100 and consult a table of edged implements. The corresponding blade will be attached to the hilt.
>>
>>48557615
Do you know the thread number? I sorta need it for a quest
>>
>>48561880
Um you mean Anaklusmos

Nerd
>>
>>48560698
>the gun and its bullets are one big psychic construct, and thus are only visible to those with psychic potential; to normals, it looks like you're pointing your fingers and making "bang bang" noises and then someone dies
>multi-stage Wanted-style bullets
>>
The Phylactery of the Lich Legion

By placing but a drop of their blood in this bottle, any living creature becomes an immortal undead being. At first they will appear to remain fully alive, but as time goes on, their new unholy state of preservation becomes clear, as their ability to naturally heal vanishes: over time, with wear and tear, they will eventually be reduced to no more than dry skeletons, animated only by their cursed souls. Breaking their bones can disable them, but their bodies will pull together and rise again with every setting of the sun. If their bones are separated beyond rejoining, their spirit will return to the Phylactery, and the next setting of the sun will see a fresh skeleton body rise out of the earth nearby. They no longer need to eat, breathe or sleep.

Though they retain their own personality and desires, sentient creatures bound into the Legion are compelled to never attempt harm to whoever holds or carries their Phylactery, and must obey their commands (though commands must be given in person, and the creature must be capable of understanding them). A being does not need to be willing to join the Legion, only to have their blood taken and added. The Phylactery has enough capacity to potentially hold the blood of thousands. The Phylactery is effectively indestructible (powerful and exotic disposal methods such as elder dragonfire and volcanoes may work), but pouring holy water inside will allow the blood it currently contains to be poured out, releasing all those currently bound to it. Those whose bodies can no longer support true life will die, but their souls will be free.
>>
File: bigboyclothes.png (109KB, 233x262px) Image search: [Google]
bigboyclothes.png
109KB, 233x262px
>>48558285
is the conversion permanent?

could you keep buying plate armor to keep upgrading the sword?
could you switch to super heavy armor when being attacked, but then when the enemy is attacking your friends convert it back to a big ass sword?
>>
>>48557685
> cursed ring of disguise
>making her into a horned, tailed red version of herself with way more generous (even absurd) proportions so she'd tear out of her own clothes. In public. While giving a speech in front of the whole town.
Holy fuck that sounds like an awesoome item. Storytime?
>>
>>48562317
Nice
>>
>>48526389
A magitech gun for a science fantasy setting elite troops that can "enchant" the projectiles fired from it.

Fire, ice, lightning, acid you name it its got it (within some reason, that shit is expensive). Would be extremely useful no matter the situation you find yourself in:trolls, ghosts, golems etc.
That and a few other items rolling in my head currently for my setting.
>>
>>48562317
See 48562489 for my magitech gun idea it has something for any occaision.
>>
A glass eye that can fire out a Disintegration Ray and a Greater Healing spell. It must be inside the user's eye socket to work.

A comb that stops time when you use it. But really you're just moving so fast the world looks like its standing still. You're in ZA WARUDO TIME for what feels like 10 seconds. When you return to "normal time", roll a CON save. On a failure, you vomit and are incapacitated for one round. Doesn't work if the user is bald.

A silver coin that, when swallowed, will bring one memory of yours to life as a magical construct. The construct fades when it passes.

A shipping manifest with one end coated with tar. Be careful only to hold the tarred end - if any part of the manifest touches your skin, you will be instantly transported to the nearest dock.

A flask that, when opened and pointed at someone, suffocates them.

A pair of shears that rotates objects within space. User determines the axis of rotation, which may be inside or outside the target object.

A pair of spectacles that, when worn, inhibit combustion within the user's field of vision through the glasses.

An umbrella that makes strangers think they know you from somewhere.

>>48562489
That's not really all that special. Mass Effect had that.
>>
>>48541790
>Reverse Armor
Essentially a bikini, this "covering" was enchanted to protect anything NOT covered by it, meanwhile anything it goes over is relatively vulnerable. If warn with something, the enchantment extends to the other things, meaning a shirt worn over it would get rid of any protections on your torso
>>
>>48562627

Fuck yeah, The Misplaced Chamber.
>>
>ctrl+f
>orb of slope detection
come on guys
>>
>>48562627
On the fly is what I was what i meant as well as even more esoteric things like homing, phasic, poison etc. if you know what i mean. The one I was writing about was the really top of the line equipment for Elite/Super soldiers for the faction I was writing up.
>>
>>48527656

>some dude running at me naked, wielding a sword

>stab

>oh_shit.jpg
>>
File: FUCKING HIT ME BITCHES.jpg (174KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING HIT ME BITCHES.jpg
174KB, 800x582px
>>48563939
>>
Shovel of Sundering: 3 charges per long rest. By using a charge you may unearth a corpse (up to large size), coffin, chest, container, etc burried up to 10 feet from you in a single swing. This works on dirt, sand, and stone. Any natural material displaced shifts back into position immediately. Alternatively you may use 2 charges to create and earth wall, or 3 to cause a localized earthquake. Seconds as a simple weapon.

Torch of Doomsaying: A torch of normal size, burning at normal rate. While lit, any accusation you make will be believed by those around you, and the subject will become their top priority. However, you have no control over how those under this effect will individually choose to deal with this threat, be it an act of fear or anger. The effect ends when either the torch is extinguished, or has burned itself out.

Buyer's Remorse: A small but immaculately detailed coin that does not seem to have come from any known culture. Although it has no discernible value, anyone will gladly accept the coin as payment for a single item that they were already intending to sell before meeting the owner. After being traded, anyone who sees the coin will immediately recognize the value to be around what it was traded for. This effect resets after a year.

Shifterglass: A decorated hand-mirror. When showing someone their reflection in this mirror, you can alter the reflection that they see in any way you wish. They alone will become convinced that they have truly been changed into this new image, even when looking down at their body.
>>
File: HolHorse_ASB.jpg (107KB, 690x897px) Image search: [Google]
HolHorse_ASB.jpg
107KB, 690x897px
>>48562317
>>
>>48526389
>(weapon) of the tsundere
On hit heal enemies/damage allies, smells like shit.
>>
Imposter's Gloves - Must shake or clasp the hand of your intended target for at least 10 seconds before the magic takes effect. Anyone who you subsequently touch will believe you to be the person imprinted as long as you keep touching them - watch out! The effect will override itself if you touch a new hand for 10 seconds. (People will retroactively recall you as whoever is imprinted - "Oh, I was confused for a second, didn't realize it was you!" and so on.

Marksman's ______ [Insert Weapon of Choice] - Causes all the wielder's attacks to automatically hit. Causes all attacks made against the wielder to automatically hit.

Unobtrusive Melody - So long as the bearer plays this flute, they will go unnoticed. Clever bearers will learn to breathe through their nostrils so as not to interrupt the music, and to take breaks out of sight when they can.

Fable of Hidden Intention - A partially written book that seems to tell the tale of its owner up til now - from a perspective the owner couldn't have known. It is subtly worse than reality - the point of view is cynical and cruel. The ending of the book involves the owner of the book committing some heinous act; against loved ones, friends, acquaintances, or strangers if they have none of the former. The book is addictive - giving "insight" to the behaviors of others and casting the owner in a noble and sympathetic light. Reading the last portion of the story (the gruesome ending) accelerates its approach..

Sheepskin Collar - Only works when willingly donned. Turns the bearer into an innocuous animal (sheep in this case.) Must be removed by someone else. (Sheep have no hands)
>>
Hands of the Killer -- A pair of leather gloves enchanted with a psychometric spell. While both are worn, touching an object will grant the user expertise in its use as a weapon, or improve their own skill with that type of weapon. This expertise lasts as long as the object is held. This effect is triggered whenever a new object is grasped and cannot be suppressed by the user.

This effect only works because the gloves scry through time and space to imprint on the wearer's mind the experiences of others using similar objects to commit murder and violence. The more the gloves are used, the more likely these visions will tend towards hallucination, replacing the actual victims and killer with the wearer and people they know. The visions will also begin to tend less towards images of self-defense and honorable combat and more towards depravity and cold-blooded murder. While the expertise gained is lost when the object is discarded, the memory of the visions remain.

Prolonged use of the gloves will eventually cause them to bond and meld with the user's flesh, causing the ability to become innate. Should the afflicted then ever die, the skin of their hands will slough off and vanish, whisking the gloves to a new location.
>>
>>48562324
The conversion is not permanent.

>could you switch to super heavy armor when being attacked, but then when the enemy is attacking your friends convert it back to a big ass sword?
That'd be a smart man's move.

>could you switch to super heavy armor when being attacked, but then when the enemy is attacking your friends convert it back to a big ass sword?
It would depend on the DM because I find it a bit of a cheesy move.
>>
>>48542362
>does not know what strogen and testosterone is

>>>/pol/
>>>/fit/
>>
>Bard's stealth
a set of bagpipes that render the user invisible so long as they're being played
>>
>Crimson Arsenal
Dagger-sized needle with and old dwarven spirit living in it
Drains the blood from whoever is stabbed with it and shapes the blood into whatever weapon the user desires (blood from powerful creatures result in +weapons)
The spirits speaks in ye olde dwarven and has a chivalrious attitude, so he might give you a halberd instead of a rapier :^)

>Key of Worlds
Large key-shaped staff, which can be used once a day to gain knowledge of the direction of whatever the wielder is looking for or to open any lock/seal

>Sword of Dungeons
>Sword of Dragons
When dual wielded, the power of many tales can be unleashed, granting a random effect from a random class, narrated by a booming echo
>"And even tough their foes were many, the barbarian refused to yield from his onslaught"
>the rouge starts berserking
>>
>>48564898
I know what I like, and what I like are tomboys. Fuck the science behind it.
>>
Sharp sphere.

It's an orb, but every surface is a cutting edge.
>>
>>48564973
They also make use of magic ventriloquism just to be extra dickish and more practical.
>>
>>48564588
Are the hands red or constantly dripping with blood?
>>
>>48562802
Perhaps do you mean the Adrift Accommodations?
>>
>>48526389
A rope that can turn into a snake that doesn't fight, just says "Hess hess am snek" and tries to drink anything purple
>>
File: Sem Título-15.png (17KB, 88x88px) Image search: [Google]
Sem Título-15.png
17KB, 88x88px
>>48526389
The FlashbackbOrb- A gem that triggers extremely realistic daydreams about past events, whenever they are spoken about in the presence of the orb.
>>
>>48527981
Anti-Magic Gloves, Anti-Magic Lined Bottle
>>
>>48527749
Give it to a mailman
>>
>Bracelet of Dangerous Knowledge
At any time, the user can put the bracelet up to their ear to hear a secret. Who's secret? Who knows!

>Lover's Gauntlets
Powerful gauntlets that increase the strength of the user's hand, however, the two can never be worn by the same person, and whoever weilds one falls into hysterical, mad love with the other wearer.

>Ring of Protection of Harm
The wearer feels pain and sustains injuries in place of those around them. This includes emotional harm.

>Mask of the True Stranger
This seemingly poorly-made wooden mask makes the wearer completely unrecognisable to others, even changing the user's height, age, sex, and race. However, the longer the disguise is worn, the easier it becomes for the wearer to completely forget who they are and to forget those they know, copmpletely taking the identity of those around them. It is not known how many of these exist.
>>
>Armor of the Sord
when worn this chesplate transmutes all your limbs into bastard swords reducing your speed to 10ft per round and preventing you from using any other weapons. you can however unleash a devastating flurry of bastard sword natural attacks the swords have an enhancement bonus equal to 1/4th your level
>>
>>48570702
so does the wearer change at where they join the body or at the joints of the limbs? Because if it's the former I'm adding this shit to my games just to have an npc frantically waddle over on all four swords
>>
>>48570907
the former obviously. Waddling is the intended form of movement.
>>
>>48526389
>The Feeding Spoon - A simple wooden table spoon that produces a spoonful of edible, nutritious and somewhat unseasoned gruel each time it is placed in the mouth. The spoon only produces the gruel if someone else puts the spoon in the recipients mouth, otherwise it functions as a normal spoon.

>The keychain of infinite change - This item appears to be an iron loop with up to twenty assorted keys. Each time a key is slid from one end of the loop to the other; the key will change shape randomly to fit a different lock. Sliding a key in the opposite direction will return it to it's previous configuration.

>Grackin's Handy Compass of Misplaced Treasures - An intricate gem-laden compass about the size of a fist. Before opening the user can speak aloud an item that they have lost or misplaced and the compass will point in the direction of the item. The compass will spin when the item in question is within 1ft of the user. Items that have not been lost personally by the user cannot be located.

>Paggards Pristine Putty - This grey and tacky substance will instantly restore any item its rubbed against to a pristine finish, as though the item were brand new. It cannot repair damage other than superficial scratches and blemishes.

>The Nightwatch - This item appears to be a small sundial that can be worn on the wrist. When used in total darkness the item accurately depicts the time to the nearest whole second.

>Towel of Rigidity - This plain flannel towel can be commanded to assume different levels of rigidity. At maximum rigidity the towel functions as an immovable rod.
>>
>>48562627
>The comb.

Did you ever watch that 'The Lost room' by any chance?
>>
>>48531736
And if you turn and tie it inside out?
>>
>>48571817
anon read the other entries
they are ALL from the room
>>48571739
>Grackin's Handy Compass of Misplaced Treasures
holy crap anon, that's some real useful shit
>>
>>48530423
I'm gonna kick a stone golem to death.
>>
>>48572753
>that filename
>>
>>48526389
Spectacles of Appraisal. Autopasses appraise checks on items worth up to 10k gold, and provides a +10 to appraise checks for items worth more than that.

Clockwork Transforming Blade. Can become any one handed Bleeding bladed weapon, or any two handed bladed weapon.
>>
>>48533054
>Storm bow
Oh jesus, you reminded me of the stormquiver.
>>
>>48543277
>What is the cordyceps
>>
>>48570589
This sounds interesting >Lover's Gauntlets
and this is excelent >Bracelet of Dangerous Knowledge
>>
File: 1454553969175.jpg (5KB, 190x153px) Image search: [Google]
1454553969175.jpg
5KB, 190x153px
>>48537928
Nobody asked you.
>>
Bumping for more magical realm items! If anyone knows some archive links to other lewd item threads, Lee me know please
>>
>Blade of the old king Fiat
>Normally acts as masterwork mythril longsword
>at seemingly "random" time it acts as a vorpal weapon
>Inscribed on the blade are the words "Now lets get on with the story"
Thread posts: 239
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.