[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 45

File: NejpkrB.jpg (345KB, 1369x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NejpkrB.jpg
345KB, 1369x1080px
>resources
pastebin.com/6y3WjKs6

Nurgle must die Edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
https://mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
>>48507076

I remove some comp and link from the pastebin, plz check.
>>
>>48516143
Look mate, I'm all for non-Red'n'Brass Khorne dudes, but that yellow hurts my eyes.
>>
File: Mannfred the Smug.jpg (42KB, 878x493px) Image search: [Google]
Mannfred the Smug.jpg
42KB, 878x493px
>>48516116
First Mannfredo the based.
>>
>>48516116
Finally pdf. Point tables were terribly fucked up on epub version
>>
age of smegma
>>
Is it possible/advisable to run Seraphon without Slann? I hate those models.
>>
>>48516212
Yes. Very possible. Especially with summoning being gimped to hell and back, the Hypno Toads have lost a lot of their uses. Just make sure to add a Skink Starpriest or two so you have some magic game.
>>
I'm always nervous buying a new army. I like the fluff and models for the Stormcast, but what if I hate the playstyle? What if they lose every game and I just stop playing because of it?

Buregh
>>
File: 1462585666417.png (461KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
1462585666417.png
461KB, 870x722px
>>48516210
Here's your (You)
>>
>>48516143
That bright yellow really pops anon, got any more pics of the army for us?
>>
>>48516210

Honestly I'm kinda pissed that Sigmar's name has been sullied by this game. I -like- Sigmar.
>>
>>48516143
Yellow!

Because you hate yourself and your retinas.
>>
Is their any benefit to having one big unit over multiple units? (to take advantage of the liberator primes +1 attack for example)
>>
>>48516443
You gave a question and answer it in the same sentence.
>>
my piss is being kicked
>>
>another new thread

damn the AoS board moves rapid
>>
>>48516443
Depends on the unit and on other factors.

>unit
Units with a size bonus obviously want to be in larger units, whereas units of large models with no size bonus (like Liberators) enjoy being in small units generally speaking.

>other factors
Large units get a bonus on Battleshock while with small units, you can never lose too much through a bad Battleshock test (doesn't matter if 4 flee if only 1 is left).
Large units have a harder time getting all their models into melee while small units have no use for higher range on their melee weapons generally speaking (Kurnoth Hunters and Protectors are notable exceptions to this).
Smaller units you can spread out to cover multiple parts of the board whereas one large unit will have to be one single blob whereas the large blob can obviously take more damage (this is probably the most important distinction for all those new objective-based missions).
>>
>>48516443
In addition to specific benefits listed in some warscrolls, like the attack bonus for large liberator or crypt ghoul units, there's also the more general fact that melee combats are resolved a unit at a time, taking turns between the players, so a larger unit gets to attack all together without the opponent getting a turn inbetween.

For instance, 2 units of 5 black knights charge a unit of 10 savage orc morboys. The first unit attacks, kills 2 models. The morboys attack back, targeting the black knight unit that hasn't swung yet with as many attacks as possible. They kill 2 models from the unit that hasn't attacked, and one from the unit that has. The remaining black knight unit attacks with 3 models, killing one more morboy.

In this scenario, only 8 of the charging black knights got to make attacks, and 8 of the savage orcs got to attack back.

Had those black knights been part of a single unit, then all 10 would have been able to attack before the savage orcs, and fewer of the savage orcs would have been able to attack back.
>>
File: 1394545981462.jpg (68KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1394545981462.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
Since Liberator-Prime makes 3 attacks instead of 2, isn't he the optimal choice for the grandhammer?
>>
>>48516568
Yes. Which is also why most people who actually give a damn about the Liberators' damage output keep their unit sizes at 5, as at larger sizes you would get more grandweapons but no additional Primes to carry them.
This is ALSO the reason all the Starter Set Primes come with Hammer and Shield so that if you want to give that weapon to the Prime you're gonna have to buy the drastically more expensive Liberator boxes.
>>
Seems very powerful
>>
>>48516667
its incredibly strong, because it allows liberators to get a 2+ save with a castellant pretty easily.
>>
>>48516667
You need the 'warscroll' for that, or can you just say 'im using this'

Are they anal about this?
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 543x600px
>>48516260
Are you me anon? I kid of have a hoarding problem when it comes to this, I usually buy the books first before I start an army, and after getting super hyped to start it, I start hearing "OH THAT ARMY IS SHIT WHY ARE YOU PLAYING IT" or "this army isn't bad nor is it good anon". Kind of shuts me down about starting certain armies.
>>
>>48516684
>its incredibly strong, because it allows liberators to get a 2+ save with a castellant pretty easily.

Err, don't liberators get to reroll 1's aswell?
>>
>>48516708
In Aos, every army is good.
I know its strange, but the game is incredibly balanced.
As for their playstile, you can try a demo game using proxies before buyng them to see if you like them.
>>
>>48516710
with shield, they do. That makes them incredinly hard to kill, which is imho the best buff they can get so they can fulfill their "tank"role better.
>>
>>48516746
That's renders, or mortal wound guys. Christ, this is going to be a must have for SE.
>>
So I bought a whole bunch of Sylvaneth stuff and painted up a test model I like (winter themed) but now I feel like I want to start with some Night Goblins after I finish them. Do they still exist, or were they merged into Orruks or whatever they're called?
>>
>>48516667
is that from the start collecting box?
i cant find that battalion in the generals handbook.
>>
>>48516767
Jesus are you me? I finished my Sylvaneth 3 weeks ago and have been building Night Goblins since...

Anyways, they're their own factions, but don't expect them to get anything new ever.
>>
>>48516116
Looking at brettonia... Overpriced and garbage? Glad to see they're still thinking it's Warhammer Fantasy Battle and fucking over the frenchies.
*Screams Internally*
>>
>>48516792
I was thinking a Giant Cave Squig as a centerpiece, with lots of Goblin mobs, squigs and fanatics. Is there any way to get some of the other stuff in there, like Doom Divers or Trolls (and especially the Maw-Krusha, I love that grumpy dragon. I'd convert him to be ridden by my classic metal Skarsnik).
>>
Okay, trying out list-building with a mixed Chaos (mostly Bloodbound) list. Opinions and criticism is very welcome.

>Aspiring Deathbringer (General)
>Skullgrinder w/ Chaos Runeblade
>Bloodstoker
>Bloodsecrator
>10 Gors
>10 Gors
>10 Skullreapers w/ Daemonblades
>5 Wrathmongers

The reason I use Gors instead of Bloodreavers is mostly durability. Unsupported, Gors are drastically more durable and a bit killier than Bloodreavers and I can use the goats to buffer any Chaos force I wish. They are basically objective holders and meat shields for the Skullreapers. I have no buffs to give the Gors, but that's okay because I wouldn't spare any buffs on them if I could.
The Skullreapers are basically the stars of the list as everything here is meant to either meatshield them or buff them. The Aspiring Deathbringer and the Skullgrinder are going to hide in the unit and the Bloodsecrator and Bloodstoker will stand a bit back inside the Wrathmongers to buff the Reapers the hell up.
If everything goes well, the Skullgrinder kills a Hero with his absurd damage output and from that point on, the Skullreapers deal more damage on average than they have attacks.
Meanwhile, between Unpredictable Destruction, the Deathbringer's Command, the Bloodstoker, the Wrathmongers and the Bloodsecrator, I have a damage output of 5.44 damage per Skullreaper armed with Daemonblades. They also have two Soultearers, which are even stronger and a Vicious Mutation which, with all those buffs, is basically a Vampire Lord's worth of damage on top of everything else. Never mind that they can earn rerolls by killing shit. Never mind that they deal damage when killed in melee. Never mind that they have 2 scary Heroes hiding among them, one who can potentially double all their damage for the rest of the game. Never mind the 20 Goats in front of them tanking hits for them. Never mind the fact that the Skullreapers are 30 Wounds at a 4+ save in their own right.
>>
>>48516861
Doom Divers aren't actually Moonclan (they're Gitmob) but I'm using two I bought of ebay and stripped anyways. I'm not much of a squig guy, but I have one mangler squig and lots of fanatics and regular old grots.
>>
>>48516892
I love squigs, they're excellent. Little bundles of teeth and fun.
>>
>>48516807
I wouldn't say that at all, they are tearing the asses out of everyone at my store. The Brettonian King of griffin is very undercosted for what he does and the knights are great at ripping open squishies while the Trebuchet crack the heavy shit for grail knights to fuck up when they charge. Paladins are op as shit, especially with peasant bowmen.

Brettonia is REALLY good right now, able to throw down with literally every army in the game and fuck their shit up.
>>
>>48516667
Well that's an insta include for me. Are there points for it yet?
>>
>>48516807
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh jeez mate. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just not familiar with the rules yet. Brets are incredibly powerful and, unlike 8th, can actually compete with anything and everything in this game and do so quite well, with powerful Peasant Bowmen and a bunch of powerful cavalry units. Never mind the Trebuchet being the best non-mortal-wound-based war machine in the game.
>>
>>48516774
Yes. Should I post the other warscrolls too?
>>
>>48516941
gogogo
>>
>>48516925
I understand why they're cool, don't get me wrong, I just love goblins and like them swarming an enemy rather than using "allies".

The said, I've asked like 5 times and given up, but I can't decide on 40 man grot squads or 60.
>>
>>48516929
Nope. And like all the other Start Collecting Battalions, there never will be.
>>
>>48516953
I should have the other ones soon enough.
>>
>>48516941
Do these have points?
>>
>>48516941
Ouch that is actually pretty nice right there. makes the Khorne blender that much better!
>>
>>48516972
As far as I know, no, and are not planned.

Those are nice little warscrolls for the Start Collecting! box, to play with each others.
>>
>>48516971
Eh. Not good enough to persuade me to not make a Treelord Ancient.

>>48516983
Absolutely, especially because Wounding tends to be the Blood Warriors' greatest shortcoming.
>>
Anyone else thing the Battleline requirements are pretty shit? I dont want to buy or paint 90 saurus warriors or skinks, and if I take Saurus guard as battleline I lose out on all the bonuses from the order allegiance.
>>
>>48517033
They aren't there to make your army more powerful, the restrictions are there to force you to not fill your army with your best unit and have a force actually resembling an army.
>>
>>48516961
Oh that's good, these are crazy strong for Pitched.
>>
>>48517033
No, but i'm annoyed that most "allegence = battleline" units are shit to normal battlelines

I'm looking at you Tree Revenents
>>
>>48517033
They make armies look like... armies.

I love the Battleline Requirement.
>>
Brettonia
Leaders:
1:Brettonian Lord on steed[140](G)(Weapon:_)
2:Damsel of the Lady[100]

Battline:
1:Knights Errant[400](16)
2:Men-at-Arms[120](16)

Artillery:
1:Field Trebuchet[220]

How's this look?
>>
>>48516305
>>48516329
yellow, the fussy primadonna of colors.
>>
>>48517033
>and if I take Saurus guard as battleline I lose out on all the bonuses from the order allegiance.
No you don't
>>
File: 1468800588888.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1468800588888.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>tfw made a Gorthor and BSB to finally have a nice beastman army
>1000 pts against wood elves
>have a BSB, Gorthor, Beastlord, Shaman, 20 Ungor Raiders, 30 Gors, 7 Bestigors
>Gorthor, the Gors and the Ungors get fucked by arrows in 2 turns
>At the end of the game I have 61 dead models and opponent has like 13
It's gonna take some time until I play beastmen again, I'm going to expand my nurgle force now where maybe I'll use my cygor occasionally, fuck
How to git gud at beastmen without spending a shitload of money on more Bestigors/Minotaurs?
>>
>>48517047
>>48517065
In some cases theyre fine, in others its fill your army with shit chaff. The aformentioned saurus warriors for example.
>>
>>48517062
I don't think it's "most". But yeah I agree with Tree Revenants, I've had 0 success with them.
>>
I hope Lizards get new models? Any bets on what's going to be a revamped soon?
>>
>>48517084
Yes you do, you have to pick either the Seraphon allegiance or the Order one.
>>
>>48517093
Then find another order battleline unit you like, and take those instead. You obviously want to min/max
>>
>You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to.

Reminder that you can take an all Stormcast army and still get the Grand Alliance bonus
>>
>>48517108
Read the fucking FAQ before you say stupid things. You can take your Allegiance abilities or the ones from your Allegiance's Grand Order.
>>
>>48517125
Yeah, but by saying you're allegiance is order, means any units that become battleline for your specific allegiance, lose it.
>>
>>48517163
See
>>48517146
>>
>>48517101
How many do you take though? I've got one at 1k, but i don't know if ill get another squad @ 2k or change my 2nd TLA into a Durthu
>>
>>48517195
I only run 5, for battleline requirements, but I can't see 10 being anymore point efficient. They're so squishy and so few.
>>
>>48517101

Can't you have them teleport 9 inches from a foe then use their reroll to charge it? Seems strong used smartly, and can cut down just how much Dryad spam you need a little.

Though yeah, I wouldn't spam Trevenants. Gourgheists are clearly better.
>>
>That feel when the army you want to play is the one that 90% of people around you already play

I just like Dinosaurs, let me be unique plz.
>>
The theme of my army is lining up to be a tribal themed destruction army. It grew out of my love of the forest goblins shit (arachnaroks and spider riders)

At 2000pts it seems its going to be made up of three alliances
Spiderfang Grots
Moonclan Grots, painted with brown robes and becoming my Mad Marsh Grots
and Ogors led by a Firebelly and sculpted with Tikki masks and things.

Hows this for a 2000pts list?

Leader:
Grot boss on Giant Spider (general) - 100
Grot Shaman - 80
Firebelly - 140
Shaman on Arachnarok - 280

Battleline
20x moonclan grots - 120
20x moonclan grots - 120
3x ogors - 120

Behemoth
Arachnarok w/ flinger - 280

others
10x spider riders - 200
10x spider riders - 200
Fellwater trolls - 200
10x squigs - 120
4x herders - 40
>>
>>48517106
Cold ones are the only glaringly out of date modles, everything else is still fairly recently updated and good looking
>>
>>48517108
>‘The allegiance abilities you choose will apply for the
duration of the battle.
When picking your army’s allegiance abilities, all units
in a warscroll battalion are considered to have the
allegiance listed above the title on the warscroll. For
example, the Guardians of Alarielle warscroll battalion
includes both Sylvaneth and Stormcast Eternals units,
and has ‘Sylvaneth’ listed as its allegiance above the
battalion’s title. This means that all of the Stormcast
Eternals units in the battalion are considered to have
the Sylvaneth allegiance when it comes to choosing
allegiance abilities. An army otherwise made up of
Sylvaneth
units which included this battalion could
choose the Sylvaneth or Order allegiance abilities, but
the Stormcast Eternals from this battalion wouldn’t
benefit from the Sylvaneth allegiance abilities, as they
don’t have the
Sylvaneth
ke y word .

Which means that if I take Saurus guard as battleline, I have to take the Seraphon allegiance, meaning I cant use any of the order bonuses. Which is exactly what I fucking said.

>>48517122
I dont care about min/maxing. I just want tto be able to take a seraphon army and have a chance to use some of the cool Order abilities and not have to buy a ton of 20 year old shitty infantry models to do it.

They should have made more units battleline, Saurus guard and saurus cav should have been battleline.
>>
>>48517247
Yeah that's how I use them, but even when they do make the charge, they hardly do enough damage to kill anything but a wizard.
>>
>>48517249
Get into conversions, do something with the dinos no one else is
>>
>>48517087
Sur-fucking-prise, Glade Guard alpha strike is bullshit.
It has nothing to do with your Beastmen army, it's just those fucking Glade Guard. I mean, they're fucking useless after their super volleys, but for that one turn, they're king of the world.

Only advice I can give you for dealing with them is leave Gorthor out and play more Gors. Seriously, give him target overload and DON'T give him a juicy no-brainer target. Like, for Gorthor you get like 3 normal chariots. Take those and place them as single units. Spread the Raiders out into min-size squads and if you can't place all 10 Bestigors, replace them with MOAR GORS.

Wood Elf archers are fucking bullshit and it's not your army's fault.
>>
>>48517232
That's a shame if true
They look so good
>>
File: waaagh3.jpg (281KB, 981x1160px) Image search: [Google]
waaagh3.jpg
281KB, 981x1160px
Ironjaws coming through, probably too late for this campaign but they are very nice models.

Posted in wip earlier, but I've been painting Orks the same was for 15 years, very neon and decided to go for a more natural tone, pretty satisfied with the results.

Difficult to see in this washed out photo, what the hell is my phone doing, but I gave him a couple of muddy red glazes on the lips, ears and around the eyes.

Constructive criticism always welcome.
>>
except there is also this

You must record the allegiance abilities for your army when the battle begins, before setting up your first unit. You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to.
>>
>>48517195
>>48517232
Don't use them as line infantry. Seriously, they're not worth it. They might be if they were two wounds apiece, but they're not. Use their musicians to have them pop up next to a table edge and close to enemy war machines. They have an average damage output high enough to deal with most war machine crews in a single turn. If they get picked off afterward, so fucking what, the Revs costed 100 points and the war machine they just neutered was like 180.
>>
>>48517273

Oh well, "character sniping nuisance/chaff/distraction" isn't useless, just not suited to taking many of and annoyingly fiddly to use.
>>
>>48517342

for >>48517272
>>
>>48516926
>>48516939
I just started looking into Age of Smegmar, so forgive me. How's this look for a list for Brettonia then?

1940/2000
Brettonia
Leaders:
1:King Louen Leoncour[400](G)(Weapon:_)
2:Damsel of the Lady[100]

Battline:
1:Knights Errant[600](24)
2:Knights Errant[400](16)

Artillery:
1:Field Trebuchet[220]

Other:
1:Peasant Bowmen[200](16)
>>
Any one use the Plague Furnace over the Doom Bell?

I even run plague monks and I like the bell better
>>
>>48517353
That's what i plan to use them for
I was just wondering how people are finding them
>>
>>48517342
>>48517359
The allegience ability for Seraphon is to make Guard and cav battleline. There are otherwise no allegiance abilities for seraphon. What are you not understanding?
>>
>>48517386
Read the FAQ. You can take Seraphon Allegiance and still have access to the Order traits and artifacts.

Can we put this in the OP in some way?
>>
>>48517386
Jesus you're fucking thick.

Your whole army is Seraphon models. You choose Seraphon Allegiance. You can use Knights and Guard as Battleline.

You then can choose to take Command Traits and Artefacts from the Order section vecause they are your Grand Alliance.

It's not that hard.
>>
How do beastmen roll in this meta? Shit, crap, or unplayable?
>>
>>48517342
Okay, let me try to explain it in a different way.

The allegiance you build your list on and the allegiance bonuses you get afterwards are different things.

Let's say I pick an Order list.
Now I decide to go full-on Sylvaneth.
This allows me to take Tree-Revenants as Battleline. So, I build my army completely out of Sylvaneth.

AFTERWARD, I determine what Allegiance bonuses I qualify for. In this case, I qualify for Sylvaneth traits and Order traits. Out of these, I now pick ONE.

I know it sounds retarded at first glance, but it's infinitely fairer that way, as it, for example, allows slow-as-molasses Ironjaws to take Rampaging Destroyers without having to force some Goblins or shit into their army.
>>
>>48517365
If you're gonna play Peasant Bowmen, play them in bigger units. Other than that, looks great to me.
>>
>>48516624
Can't you just convert the retributors into primes?
>>
>>48517460
So remove peasants for more knights?
>>
>Readium is great
Lol then..

>>48515974
>>48515954
>>
>>48517421
Damn good in fact.
They are all fast as fuck, with decent (Gors) to terrifying (Bestigors) damage output and some of the VERY few shooty infantry units in the entire Chaos Grand Alliance.

And Doombulls, Minotaurs and Ghorgons are incredible damage dealers.
>>
>>48517310
>Wood Elf archers are fucking bullshit and it's not your army's fault.
Thanks Anon, that actually makes me feel better about this
However, I really want Gorthor because of his awesome ability. I'm thinking of maybe putting my cygor in there too, so my opponents will have to choose between which huge target they want to shoot. More gors sounds good too.
Maybe I could try out some Chaos warriors as shields for my buffed up Gor slaughtermachine
>>
>>48517471
They have those head plumes and special shoulder pads that you can't really recreate, so it's gonna be pretty tough.

>>48517481
Either remove 8 Knights for 16 more Peasants or remove the 16 Peasants for 8 more Knights.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>48516728
Are Fyreslayers actually good? It's seems they have a hard time closin the gap in battle.
>>
My friend is planning on starting Age of Sigmar up at our shop (Nobody plays it currently, the fantasy players just use 9th age nowadays) and it had a big problem as nobody liked the lore. He said he'd be starting an even at his place, basically Age of Sigmar rules with old fantasy lore. My questions:

-Could a beastwoman become a Bray Shaman?

-Do beastmen even have tribal homes and shit, or is it full anarchist?

I like the look of beastmen, but the lore I find to be pretty stupid, burning anything civilized for the fact of it being civilized. Even to the point that they don't make weapons in a society based around waging war and raiding.

I've been thinking of just falling back and playing Brettonia because I can't think of anything cool to write about people who just party, shit, and die in droves.
>>
>>48517521
The main problem is that any self-respecting Wood Elf player will use his -3 bullshit Rend to surgically remove the unit with the highest save you have, which will almost inevitably be Gorthor and Bestigors. That's why the Cygor doesn't work as distraction with its 5+ Save.

I mean, I totally get why you like Gorthor. His Command is incredible for the simple reason that unlike the normal Beastlord's, his doesn't have any requirements to use (and a bonus to charge should never require having already successfully charged). But against Wood Elves, it might be best to leave him out (or start in a forest and toss Mystic Shield on him turn 1).
>>
>>48517572
They have a more limited selection and are more specialized for it, take some steam heads along with them to fill the gaps and still have fitting guys in your army
>>
File: Doe.jpg (6MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Doe.jpg
6MB, 5312x2988px
The Warhammer fantasy thread has been dead since last night and nobody wanted to start another one so I guess I will post this here.

Beastwomen waifus confirmed. Also a few more bits of info about them.
>>
So, how are you ensuring that the forces of Order dont win every city in the campaign?
>>
>>48517688
I throw my games to give them wins.
>>
How do you think a Seraphon army made up of 2 Get Started + a couple random things would work?

Skink Starpriest
Skink Starpriest
Scar Veteran on Cold One
Scar Veteran on Carnosaur
Scar Veteran on Carnosaur
Knights
Knights
Knights
Warriors
Warriors
Bastiladon
Chameleon Skinks
Chameleon Skinks
1920/2000

Good idea bad idea?
>>
>>48517590

You're over simplifying the lore of the Beastmen. They used to be the dominant civilization in the area the Empire now occupies. That's why they hate humanity so much (above and beyond normal chaos fuckery). They want to reduce humanity to a prey state like how it used to be when they were dominant and humans were primitive. They see human civilization as the thing that stands between them and that goal.
>>
>>48517590
>-Could a beastwoman become a Bray Shaman?
I don't think any player, no matter how fluffy they are, is gonna complain about female shamans
>-Do beastmen even have tribal homes and shit, or is it full anarchist?
IIRC herds have some set meeting places at herdstones but they take their camp with them
>I like the look of beastmen, but the lore I find to be pretty stupid, burning anything civilized for the fact of it being civilized. Even to the point that they don't make weapons in a society based around waging war and raiding.
I had the same problem such as you, I really liked beastmen but didn't like the thought of them never creating anything. I kind of still have that problem now. You would have to go against the fluff if you want to change that. Sorry if this isn't helping but I'm still thinking about it myself.
>>48517591
I'll try Gorthor against more armies and will get more gors too I think. Fuck wood elves and all ranged armies in general desu, they kill the fun for anyone primarily focused on close combat.
>>
>>48517648

I like that. They mother the true Gors while the unforseen are weak half-breeds.
>>
>>48517648
I got a doe too yesterday, the thought of her alone giving 2+ horde growth is a bit strange, how many fucking beastmen does she give birth too?
>>
>>48517767

Ungors. Fucking autocorrect.
>>
>>48517745
They still intend to tear down buildings and technology and shit, their endgame is no civilisation at all, not replacing man's works with their own
>>
>>48517768
If waifus were made real, how much do you think earth's population would grow? She's a waifu made manifest.
>>
>>48517590
>Even to the point that they don't make weapons in a society based around waging war and raiding.

They got clumsy and malformed arms and bestial minds. Only the Ungors are capable of some craftsmanship. This is why they look at the works of men with such jealousy and bitterness. They can never have anything fine and wholesome.
>>
>>48517752
Oh, I don't even mean creation, but at the very least living in squalid huts. Like after raiding a town near a forest, just chilling in there where they don't get fucking rained on, and can shit /outside/ of where the food is sitting, and moving the nearest herdstone or something.
>>
>>48516260

I don't think it matters anon, there is enjoyment in having a ocllection of dudes that you built and painted yourself.

I don't even have any opponents nor do plan on playing any time soon at a store. I just like having toy soldiers i built and painted.
>>
>>48516624
Alrighty, thank you!
>>
>>48517340

I like it anon, quite liking the muted red. I went for full on mephiston red highlted up to an orange and i'm not happy with the result. It looks too bright.
>>
>>48517854
>and can shit /outside/ of where the food is sitting
One of the things about beastmen is that they like to smear shit on stuff desu
>squalid huts
I think it's very possible they make ramshackle shelters with sticks, bones and hides
>>
>>48517340
It's always nice to see your work. But how are you going to fix the holes where his nipples should be?
>>
>>48517897
I get they wuz beasts n' sheeeeeeeit... But, like... I feel the lore behind them had a hint of a writer's magical realm... Beastmen waifus... defecating on food... You have to admit something funny is going on there.
>>
>>48517919
They are animals.
>>
>>48517600
Thanks for the tips Famalam
>>
>>48517890

That's what I did too mate, pure Mephiston red, didn't like how bright, a medium + nuln wash calmed it down

>>48517915

I'm going to put the Chestplate on! I needed to paint the face and chest without it there!
>>
>>48517590
Let me put it this way; Beastmen are probably best described as a mixture between a tribe of Barbarians, the Satyr from Greek legend, and a herd of angry buffalo. They are are more animialistic in nature, and from that stems their desire to destroy the civilizations thay cast them out. A lot of the beastmens theme come from the idea of being unwanted: Many beastmen are abandond as babies, and those who transform later in life are often shunted from their communities. Even the Chaos gods, their creators, really dont care about them, despite the beastmen being the true children of chaos. Thus, they felt resented, and on their own.

Beastmen are by necessity, nomadic. They may control territory, but rarely do they linger. This is because they must constantly be on the move, less they are hunted down and surronded. Their only true permanent fixtures are the aforementioned herd stones. Think of them like Stonehenge, but Chaosy.

As for beastwomen being shamans, it is entirely feasible, so long as they werent a lowly Ungor. Although they seem totally chaotic, beastmen operate entirely on a sort of Caste system. It goes from top to bottom, Bestigor, Gor, and Ungor, with each step down being more and more human. They idolize their beastly features, and a Bestigor would never be caught serving a Ungor, no matter how strong/smart the Ungor is. A suitably strong Bestigor beastwoman who can lead the Beastmen in their obscene is totally possible. Remember, Beastwomen have a natural tendency to care for any children they find, and Beastmen are as protective of their women folk as cattle are. I think a intresting idea would be for the Beastlord and Shaman to be mates; that would give the woman more leverage and protection from suitors
>>
>>48517184
>>48517163
>>48517146

This is right
>>48517125

This is wrong
>>48517163

Read the FAQs chuckle fucks
>>
>>48517768
>>48517830
Eh, I think it means she helps out the other Does in their birthing and raising, ensuring you get more soldiers
>>
>>48517945
>all this magical realm about beast-women

welp, it was fun while it lasted, now gw is going to delete beastmen just like they deleted slaanesh
>>
>>48517945
Well, now that it's put in that kind of light, it seems a lot cooler. Also the beastlord and shaman being mates would make sense, since then anyone who feels like trying to take over still loses in a straight up power battle, since the beastlord could fuck him up. This I think I could work with. Any stories or anything special I should read to get more of a feel for this kind of beastmen? I started reading the codex for them and all I got was "They get drunk, party, rape, then repeat. Sometimes they'll die in droves and burn a city for more ale and girls."
>>
>>48517992
There is nothing beyond beastmen besides drunk party rape and burning down anything that someone built
>>
1000/1000
Beastmen

Leaders:
1:Great Bray-Shamaness[100](G)
2:Beastlord[80](Weapon:(what's a good one?)
3:Wargor Standard Bearer[80]

Battleline:
1:Ungor Raiders[160](20)
2:Gors[160](20)

Other:
1:Bestigors[420](30)

Decided to quickly try and make a list, how's this look?
>>
File: collecting_seraphon.jpg (211KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
collecting_seraphon.jpg
211KB, 800x800px
>>48517725
Plz respond
>>
>>48518054
looks solid.
Go for it and rape some elfes.
>>
>>48518054
>Shamaness

0/10
>>
>>48517725
looks cheesey
>>
>>48517572
imho they are.
Most units have a pseudo unrendable save which can be buffed up to 4+.
Almost every unit is both good in melee plus a mid-range shooting attack.
You MUST include a few heroes because they are absoluetely needed to trigger your buffs.
Magmadroth also are not bad and can harass mid range an in c/c.
>>
How do banners and horns work anyways? Free upgrades that are basically auto-adds? I mean, for bestigors, a banner adds movement, and a horn lets you run and charge. Basically, they act as normal models in all regards, but have banners/horns? Seems cheesy.
>>
>>48517992
To be fair, Beastmen are animalistic in their tendencies. While overall they have a cool theme, on a warband to warband basis, they aren't going to diverge much. They are a faction made by, fed and molded by hate and abandonment. Complex characters do exist, however; look at the Named characters of WHFB for more insperation. Khazrak is lauded as one of the smartest beastmen alive simply because he can semi-organize the herds under his command.

Check out the old WHFB bestiary for more insight into them as a species, and how they work.
>>
>>48517985
>like they deleted slaanesh
Can this shitty meme finally die?
With the whole "where is he now" story arc, Slaanesh is now more in focus than he has been for the last ten years.
>>
With AoS more open setting I'm hoping for more different beastmen.
The egyptian themed Tzeentch Birdmen are a good first step.
What about Tigermen, Crocodilemen heck even Fishmen could work. Soo many animal hybrid to chose from that aren't goats or cows.
>>
>>48518173
Ah, so this is the state of the world after zootopia, truly the furries are here friends, truly the furries are here
>>
>>48518153
>Seems cheesy.

you're a faggot, every race gets free musician, standards and unit leaders. How is it cheesey if EVERYONE GETS THEM?
>>
How do you Stormcast guys deal with magic?

Just bring battle mages?

Seems fluffy, shits even in the OP image.
>>
>>48516972
No Points so not valid for Matched Play
>>
>>48517945
>As for beastwomen being shamans, it is entirely feasible

I don't think so. Beastwomen, those we seen in the fluff, have small horns (still bigger than Ungors). No Gor would follow them or allow them to tell them what to do.
>>
Anyone have tips for Ironjawz other than group uo and smash?
>>
>>48518173
>The egyptian themed Tzeentch Birdmen are a good first step.

What's funny about the Birdmen is that they are the only form of Beastmen that a Chaos God paid real attention to. Tzeentch armed them well and empowered them as if they were WoC.
>>
Ugh, Stormcast is stupid fucking expensive to collect outside of starter sets. They're my first choice for army but this is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>48518210
You either use a Stardrake for the casting value adjustments or you add on allies (not like pure Stormcast allegiance actually DOES anything for you) or you just take all the magic bullshit like a bitch.

>>48518260
Now if only GW would pay real attention to Tzaangors...
>>
So, 1k points rats.

Grey Seer 120
-Crown
-Lord of War

Warlock Engineer 100

10x Clanrats 60
20x Clanrats 120
40x Plague Monks 240

WLCannon 140
Catapult 180

1000 on the dot.
>>
>>48518296
Just gave the solution to your own problem. Starter Set, Start Collecting, a box of Dracothian Guard, a Castellant and a box of Judicators. Use the SC Liberators' weapons to make the starter set guys better and their bodies to make more Judicators because those come with 5 bows and 5 crossbows.
There, now you have 3 Dracoths one of them a Celestant, 10 Liberators, 10 Judicators, 5 Retributors, 6 Prosecutors, a Celestant on foot, a Castellant and a Relictor.
1500 points if you make the two Dracoths Concussors, for a comparatively small price tag. You're welcome.
>>
>>48518193
Haven't seen that movie and am far from a furry. I like female pubic hair but that's as close at it gets.

I just want more diversity among Chaos. Also Rakshasa like Tigermen and Panther Assassins sounds fucking cool.
>>
>>48517979
Maybe she's huge, bigger than a Cygor
>>48517919
Just mimicking the real animal world, there's some fucked up shit going on there
>>
>>48518412
WLC is 180, check the FAQ.
If I were you I'd toss something and add either Jezzails or Stormvermin to milk that Lord of War trait. Grey Seer also doesn't make a great General outside of fucking huge games, as his Command scales heavily with game size.
>>
>>48518230
>>48518230
Eh, its all up in the air when it comes to things like that. Chaos is never cut and dry when it comes to things like this. It could be that the Beastwoman has a big throng of highly loyal Gor who like her better than the alternatives; could be shes just a genetic freak with huge horns, making her inherently attractive and giving her power over even the Bestigors.
>>
Is an all Chaos cav force viable?
Like just running mounted Heroes, Knights, Skullcrushers and Varanguard?
>>
>>48518296

They're only expensive if you buy liberators separately or spam judicators or prosecutors.

Seriously look at how cheap the starter set Stormcast are on eBay. Add the start collecting box and you have 15 liberators, 5 retributors, 3 prosecutors and 3 heroes.

Dracothian guard are oddly enough the most points to dollar efficient item to buy by itself for Stormcast. One box is 280 points for $50 if you make the *excellent* concussors.
>>
>>48518476

Not if it includes varanguard or skullcrushers

You can include a few warriors of chaos and have All of those though
>>
File: AOS_stuff.jpg (277KB, 1205x570px) Image search: [Google]
AOS_stuff.jpg
277KB, 1205x570px
starting to regret starting this...
ive got the full GH entered (554 units) and im going back to add links to warscrolls and move/wound stats etc, but stuff is all over the place.
it'd probably be better as a web browsable database...
>>
>>48518521
I guess my problem is that I want a good deal of ranged shit, which means Judicators and Prosecutors. And since I'm of the opinion that Crossbow Judicators suck, I also don't want to convert Liberators into them.

Dracothian Guard worry me. There's plenty of shit out there that'll tear through tough things and 120/140 per model os asking a lot. But the models are so fucking sick that I'll probably get 2 boxes anyway.
>>
>>48518476
If you play full-rules Pitched Battles, you'd have to throw some token footsloggers as Battleline units as you can only take cavalry as Battleline if you limit your allegiance heavily.
Other than that, such a list is VERY viable. Chaos' biggest problem is their lack of range and the high movement of cavalry solves that problem quite neatly. Juggernauts, Varanguard, Marauder Horsemen as chaff, bunch of chariots... all works very well.
>>
>>48518476
You can't run all Cav without making one army your Allegiance since there are no Cav units that are base Battleline. However, you can run Slaves to Darkness, have Sorc Lords leading it, and then have them summon Daemon Cavalry if that tickles your fancy.
>>
Can someone explain how terrain actually functions. Like if I go to the store and buy a RealmGate, build it and then go to play it how does it work with pitched battles?

Are there points costs to these thing?

Do I place it as a terrain piece when setting up the table in the "I go, you go" style?

Do I place it during deployment as a unit?

Where am I allowed to put it down?

Any help?
>>
>>48518634
You and your opponent can choose to put it on the board as part of the terrain and use the rules if you want, but there is no way in Pitched to "bring a bulding" like in 40k.
>>
>>48518634
>being this autistic

I think you should go back to 40k friendo.

The terrain is meant to be scenery for your table. Not your tournament army.
>>
>>48518588
I also thought crossbow-Judicators were shit, but always remember that you can shoot in and into combat, so you can place some Liberators as dragnet and then shoot three shots per model into that combat.
Dracothian Guard aren't that worrisome. They saves are ridiculous, so anything but mortal wounds can't breach them and they're fast enough to stay away from lots of the things that can reliably deal them.
>>
>>48518588

Dracothians are phenomenal and if given the Castellant buff they're 2+ saves rerolling 1s, so they're plenty tough.

Judicators with crossbows are a good second line since they'll be shooting enemies in combat with the Dracothians or the liberators. They do a different job than the bow judicators.

Prosecutors you can get tons of from the starter set and SC box. 6 is plenty and 10 judicators will be fine
>>
would any of you bother playing against this?

1 Lord-Celestant on Stardrake 600pts
1 Lord-Castellant 100pts
1 Lord-Relictor 80pts
5 Liberators 100pts
5 Liberators 100pts

total 980
>>
>>48518659
>>The terrain is meant to be scenery for your table
>>In a game where everything has warscrolls and are anything BUT mere scenery
>>Being this naïve

Terrain all has rules now you fool so that question actually fucking matter for events and pitched battle. Especially with some factions, Sylvaneth and Everchosen off the top of my head actually relying on certain terrain to use their units most efficiently.

What a fucking dipshit.
>>
>>48518735
I don't see why not, sure the drake is huge and strong, but there's worse (like fucking wood elves reeeeeee)
>>
>>48518767
They have rules. You still don't deploy them.

They get put down as scenery, then the rules interact with your armies.

They are not a deployable part of your army.
>>
>>48518735
If you tell me beforehand, sure I would. Though you could toss the Relictor and make one Liberator unit Judicators instead. Or make the Celestant a Drakesworn Templar, that'd free up some more points.

>>48518767
So. Fucking. What.
Terrain has no points. In Free Play you could make your entire army out of terrain, but in Matched, it's only usable via special rules, like, you know, the Sylvaneth trait that specifically says "put down a Wyldwood".
>>
>>48518767
Terrain is set-up in a mutually agreeable manner anon

>>48518883
Basically this.

The exception is a balewind vortex but if you're being this newfag about terrain I doubt you have one, so don't even worry about that
>>
>>48518735

Sure, that list would be tough but actually kinda lacks hitting power.

Star drakes aren't phenomenally Killy
>>
File: image.jpg (325KB, 4685x2457px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
325KB, 4685x2457px
>>48518908

>get a bale wind vortex

>balance Nagash on it
>>
>>48518735
May I use my rogue idol of gork (or possibly mork)?
>>
>>48518735
For those masters of Sigmar, how would my list fair against this on paper?
>Leader
Treelord Ancient: Briarsheath, Regrowth - 300

>Battleline
20x Dryads - 240
5x Tree Revenants - 100

>Other
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Bows - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
--1000 points
>>
>>48519106
>he doesn't use hard drive magnets to magnetize nagash to his balewind vortex

out skilled
>>
>>48519074
Um, in such a small game, the meteor shower might end up hitting your entire army. Then the thing straight up eats three of your models, then it strikes with a Vampire Lord's profile, the Celestant swings a scary weapon and then the tail swipe might kill some of your stuff. The thing IS decently killy, but most of its damage isn't described by its weapon profiles.
>>
>>48518735
My Mighty Lord of Khorne would LOVE to claim a stardrake, and more then half your army, in one swing thank you very much!
>>
>>48518521
Is it better to have 2 units of Liberators + Crossbow/Bow or 3 units of Liberators + Bows? How necessary is more ranged stuff?

I've found ranged to be quite good but not entirely necessary to win games.
>>
>>48519114
Seems nicely balanced to me. If either player makes glaring mistakes, they lose.
>>
>>48519174
not my army it's a list i'm going to be playing against
>>
>>48518081
Why do you say so? Is it the Skinks?
>>
>>48519252
Wonderful, now i don't feel like a tool for bulk buying

Thanks
>>
>>48519276
Doesn't chance my statement...
>>
>>48519458
mighty lord of khorn is great for his points cost but i feel like people are way to confident in him especially against things with high save rolls
>>
If you wanted to make an army that revolved around summoning which faction would you choose?

I would think Chaos by my lizardmen friend makes solid arguments for slann.
>>
>>48519530
I would probably run him at the biggest thing in sight to though since it would be loads of fun
>>
>>48519566
It has to be Death, they even get one guaranteed unbind-proof summon thanks to an artifact.
>>
>>48519530
Its more living for the dream then anything. I'll have my Khorne lord getting himself run over many times in his pursuit of that perfect swing... but when it happens its always priceless for everyone nearby.

Best I've snagged was an Ork warboss of some kind on a MawKrusher. His army crumbled after that and his face was priceless. He chose not to swing with the warboss before my lord, despite me warning him of the axe he has because he was so confident in his luck...

Now he never is so careless around my lord, and I freaking love it.
>>
>>48519618
Reality-tearing axe triggers at the end of the combat phase, so his warboss would've still crushed whatever it was in combat with before it died.
>>
>>48519740
Lord Survived as the MawKrusher killed a couple Skullcrushers that charged in with the lord for its attacks. Like I said, he got cocky and tested his luck.
>>
Does this general have any high quality memes I should know about?
>>
>>48519926

AoS.
>>
Why do grave guard feel like they aren't worth their points even when they perform fine
>>
File: Archy5.jpg (1MB, 1536x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Archy5.jpg
1MB, 1536x2000px
>>48519926
ANIIIIMME!
>>
File: 1468881192076.png (23KB, 700x903px) Image search: [Google]
1468881192076.png
23KB, 700x903px
>>48519926
Be'lakor and rocks
>>
>>48520008
Did not happen and the event you are mistakenly referencing is from WHFB. As usual, Orderfags spreading misinformation.
>>
File: image.png (136KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
136KB, 540x360px
>>48520042

JOKES ARE LIES
>>
/tg/ sell me on your faction.

I want to start AoS but not sure who to pick.
>>
>>48519926
slaanesh has been deleted
saurus guard < saurus warriors
jezzails are bad at shooting
nagash is equal to 16 goblins
ironguts are the best infantry
saurus guard are the best infantry
hellcannons
forgeworld
points are balanced
aos maps look bad
dead game
dead in the water
nobody plays aos
aos will be dead in a month
will be dead in a year
won't last
gw will go back to square bases
aos has no tactics

did I miss any?
>>
>>48520133

Trees and Savage Orcs are literally the only two factions fully up to date.
>>
>>48520175
casual dark elves
boob elves
Rocks fall, Be'lakor dies
Archaon is powered by ANIME
>>
Okay so:

I want to make a Tree army that absolutely maximises the number of wildwoods summoned.

Basically I want to shriek like a pterodactyl and empty a bucket of forests over the battlefield.
>>
>>48520175
AoS is a game for kids and the mentally challenged
Its setting is bland and unoriginal
Its art is shit

All I can think of off the top of my head
>>
>>48520133
Do savage orks all of there units are equiped for killing anything pretty much and they are the best orks because they are stuck in the old ways only using brute strength and powerful waagh magic to crush their foes. their models are also awesome
>>
File: 1a.jpg (16KB, 344x341px) Image search: [Google]
1a.jpg
16KB, 344x341px
>Order players mix and match (more like min and max) across their 10 armies
>Thisisfine.jpg

>Destruction mix units
>YOU WAAC CUUUUUUNT

It's not fair
>>
>>48520042
>hurrdurr I can't take a joke
Also, joke's on you, I play chaos
>>
File: chanta.jpg (766KB, 1145x622px) Image search: [Google]
chanta.jpg
766KB, 1145x622px
>>48520337
>stop giving a fuck
>enjoy my leadbelchers shooting shit off table
>Orderfags only winning right now based on sheer numbers

We'z doin' alright, boss.
>>
File: 1469657965361.jpg (317KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
1469657965361.jpg
317KB, 873x627px
>>48520133
Rape and shit on things
That's all you need
>>
>>48520242
>2000 points

Treelord Ancient (Verdant Blessing) - 300
Spirit of Durthu (Acorn of Ages, Gift of Gyhran) - 400

Tree Revenants - 100
Tree Revenants - 100
Tree Revenants - 100
Tree Revenants - 100

>default wyldwood
>acorn wyldwood
>4d6 each turn, each 4+ makes a wyldwood
>4 spells each turn, each 6+ on 2d6 makes another wyldwood
>>
File: 20160729_160237.jpg (797KB, 1045x1140px) Image search: [Google]
20160729_160237.jpg
797KB, 1045x1140px
I'm having trouble deciding between the Hammers of Sigmar or Hallowed Knights as the scheme for my Stormcast. The former I think look a hair better but they have the poster boy stigma (though it isn't as bad as Ultramarines, I'll commend GW for giving spotlight to others and not letting everything be about the poster boys). Hallowed Knights have a neat background but I think the pure gold instead of Silver with gold accents looks a bit better.
>>
>>48520175
>slaanesh has been deleted
Slaanesh is now a law-abiding order waifu seems to be much more of a meme these days
>>
>>48518260
Woc?
>>
1960/2000
Beastmen
Leaders:
1:Great Bray-Shamaness[100](G)
2:Beastlord[80](Weapon:(what's a good one?)
3:Wargor Standard Bearer[80]

Battleline:
1:Ungor Raiders[160](20)
2:Gors[160](20)
3:Ungor Raiders[160](20)
4:Gors[160](20)

Behemoth:
1:(Summoned)Ghorgon[220]

Other:
1:Bestigors[420](30)
2:Bestigors[420](30)

Thoughts? I don't know if summoned units count as not being aligned to Brayherds, didn't think it would. Also, looking for the best chaos relic I can grab.
>>
>>48520004
How the hell is AoS anime? It's not like Tau or Eldar exist here.
>>
>>48520443
you're a minority anon , most people like the stormcast better without the all gold colour scheme
>>
>>48520428

"Are you actually going to fight me at any point?"

"Yeah, I'll need to clear that area your liberators are standing on before I can put a Wyldwood there."
>>
>>48520518
>Eldar

I finally want to know what happened to Slaanesh, Teclis , Tyrion and Malerion.
>>
File: 1469384038962.jpg (34KB, 600x665px) Image search: [Google]
1469384038962.jpg
34KB, 600x665px
>>48520549
but all those sweet wyldwood activations :^)
>>
>>48520581
Well, you can find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!
>>
>>48520443

Lions of Sigmar. The clean golden design of the Hammers with a regal purple twist!
>>
>>48520537
The whole armor aesthetic of the Stormcast Eternals lend themselves to a Golden Army look in my opinion. Silver a close second. But anything not metallic looks just wrong.
>>
>>48520225
>casual dark elves
holy fuck

*I* started casual dark elves last year

>tfw my dark elves still aren't painted

I'm a fucking monster.
At least my destruction painting is coming along, and I've got all my plastic delfs off their squares, it's almost time to put them on rounds and paint them up.
>>
>>48520677
Turquoise and marbled white both look okay.
>>
>>48520677
i'dd have to disagree , there are a few really nicely painted stormcast at my store that use the goddamn azure blue scheme like pic related which i absolutely love , and i don't even like the stormcasts look in general so that's quite an achievement
the problem the gold ones have is that you can't really put in a third colour for trim and the like which leads to a rather bland look in my opinion
the extra armor colour really brings out the detail a lot more
>>
>>48520797

Yea the Celestial Vindicator scheme is quite nice, and it's what I'm using. I like Teal/white as a scheme anyways so I guess it just works out that it's an official one. Green/silver would look solid on stormcast too.
>>
>>48520337
I don't know what kinda of cunts you play against, but I'd never do that and I'm pretty sure neither would anyone at our store.

>>48520428
Can only cast one Verdant Blessing per turn.

>>48520514
>1:(Summoned)Ghorgon[220]
NO. Do not waste casting attempt upon casting attempt on that 9+ spell. Just split one Gor unit into two squads of 10 and make the Ungor Raiders one super-blob. There, 3 Battlelines even outside of Brayherd allegiance and suddenly you can just *field* that Ghorgon.

>>48520518
ANIME is, generally speaking, used to describe whatever the anon making the accusation hates, whether that is actually anime-esque or not is irrelevant. Alternatively, ANIME is used to describe everything that is over the top, overdesigned and overblown. Or finally, ANIME can be used correctly to reference weeb stuff.

And Archaon fits that second definition to a T. And this comes from someone who likes his model.
>>
File: 1469721620283.jpg (760KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
1469721620283.jpg
760KB, 1280x1656px
>>48521029
Not that anon but we have a bro neckbeard who plays Beastclaw Raiders in our area, both at the LGS and GW store. Ever since he started showing up for the Season of War, I've heard grumblings about how he's "abusing old warscrolls" and "using a fake faction to win". Granted, these are Seraphon players who are super ass-blasted about not being able to summon endlessly in matched play and will only play open games who are the most vocal. Still, there's some stigma about Destruction being WAAC that seems to be circulating the shittier parts of the internet and the worst shitters are taking up the banner.
>>
>>48520581
Tyrion and Malerion are trying to find. Way to tear her apart and let all the elf souls out.

Teclis wasn't with them on that adventure and stayed by sigmars side up until the battle of burning skies, but he's probably helping them out now
>>
>>48519977
Because everyone always wants their army to be better. I for one wish Night Goblin Fanatics should be way cheaper.
>>
>>48520337
People really think that way? I don't mix any armies unless I have a really good reason, but I've had trouble finding any sort of synergy cross-army synergy in Destruction.
>>
>>48521029
Would you recommend the Ghorogon or the Cygor?
>>
>>48521168
i whole heartedly agree with you on that
>>
>>48520677
I personally like Sons of Mallus and Astral Templars. I think a more matte color pallette works with the dark colors.
>>
What do you guys use to transport your armies?

I'm thinking of picking up the skirmish case since AoS doesn't need big armies, but I'm wondering if you have your own suggestions.

http://elementgames.co.uk/games-workshop/warhammer-40k/warhammer-40k-accessories/citadel-skirmish-figure-case
>>
Ugh the inner 40k player in me is having fits about building armies with no shooting. Coming from a system where combat sucks to one where it's 90% of units is a trip.
>>
>>48521356
>AoS doesn't need big armies

Since when? You can go out your way to make certain low model count army within certain factions, but on average a 1000 point army in one game is much as a 1000 point army in any other.
>>
>>48521479
Sorry if I phrased my statement incorrectly, I meant it just to say that you can play AoS without a huge army like WHFB or 40k, so a large case wouldn't really be necessary.
>>
>>48521356
Some boxes from old computer parts. It ain't pretty but it works fine.
>>
>>48521363
>armies with no shooting
just play freeguild anon !
>>
>>48521583
>just play imperial guard

How about
No
>>
>>48520133
Angelic space dinosaurs riding bigger dinosaurs, with frog men leaders who have learnt that chaos cannot learn and exist only to get shit done
>>
Ok, so are sigmarines, sylvaneth, and ogors retarded to play against, or is it just me?
>>
>>48515080
Only reason to take Warriors over Knights is if you're looking to horde the unit out. And you need to be playing a huge game for that to be viable.
>>
>>48520337
Order fag here, mix all you like, I don't like being the bully in this senario, I just like dinosaurs and good guys
>>
>>48517725
Looks grand. Combine the Warriors into one squad. Get more use out of them that way although that does require giving them spears.
>>
>>48520797
I agree so much - the gold is understandable, because it's a unique and very easy to paint scheme, but it look nowhere near as good as the various other palettes. I think stormcast might have gotten a much warmer reception if only they were painted in these tones.
>>
Beastclaw raiders gone from UK site now
>>
>>48520175
Malerion is a Shadow Dragon Hybrid
>>
>>48521356
Toolbox with foam inserts
I won a couple armybags from bols which I make custom foam inserts

Or I use a bin (dollarstore or big tupperware) with cookie sheets (sometimes trimmed down to size with tinsnips) and magnets in my bases.
>>
>>48521748
It's just you. Now git gud.
>>
>>48521944
But he's using nothing but ironguts and thunder tusks with mournfang and gordrak
>>
File: KQ.jpg (56KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
KQ.jpg
56KB, 720x960px
I like the Golds of Stormcast Eternals, I did mine in Silvers, reds n Gold
>>
>>48521856
Everything is being rebranded tomorrow, so it's understandable
>>
If you're only planning to use 1 in a 1500 pt list, which Treelord variant is most useful? The Ancient?
>>
File: DG.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
DG.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
whoops forgot to link it to Stormcast bro
>>
>>48521987
looks cool anon
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
anyone had much success with dispossessed? Just curious how they play, I'm currently painting mine up!
>>
>>48522035
>>48521987
looks good
>>
>>48522127
And apparently I need to learn how to use my phone
>>
>>48521221
In your army? Ghorgon, definitely. The awkward shooting of the Cygor is good for exactly two things: Giving a pure Warherd army some token shooting and making a counter-Wizard list. But your army above all could use another sledgehammer.

Though I am wondering if a Cygor with Lord of War on it wouldn't be pretty good..
>>
>>48522127
gunline cheese
>>
>>48521987
>>48522026
Very nice. Love the vibrant contrast.

>>48522026
Ancient is always useful for providing a nice utility kit. Spirit of Durthu is an absolute murder-machine, but ne needs some way to keep him alive.
>>
>>48522127
They are a very powerful castle-building army with immensely powerful shooting and really tough infantry. Their main problem is that they have fuck-all in terms of mobility, which is problematic in objective-based missions, of which the GH introduced quite a few.

And your Warden King looks great. Brighter than I would have painted him, but great.
>>
>>48522127
Brick it up like a motherfucker. Ironbreakers and -drakes are the shit and artillery is always nice to have. Season with Longbeards, Runelords and Warden Kings as needed.
>>
New releases are up on NZ site, but no panoramal image from Ogres BT this time
>>
>>48522221

Fuck this guy have a SWORD put through his skin!
>>
>>48522221
Thanks for the heads-up, anon.
>>
>>48517369
I run neither. If I were you I would stick with your intuition. I find both lacking in terms of point efficiency, so I steer clear.
>>
>mounted Ironguts
>>
>>48517648
Confirmed by Gotrek and Felix long ago.
>>
File: IMG_4322.jpg (143KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4322.jpg
143KB, 1000x1333px
Had my first game of AoS even though I'm not fully finished with my unit of Brutes. So it was only like no points counted and about 1 unit vs one unit + hero, but it was fun!
First match up was my unit of Brutes and a Wierdnob vs 1 unit of executioner and 1 unit of black guard and a Medusa. I got gutted!
Second fight, Witch elves, sorcerer and a Medusa vs my Orruks, and I dominated!
Changed up to a Hag instead of a sorcerer, and I dominated again!
Next was a line of repeater crossbows with a reaper bolt thrower as artillery support and the Medusa, got down to 1 brute and the bolt thrower...... the bolt thrower won...

All in all, even though I didn't expect much at all, due to being such a small game, it was surprisingly fun! We even got to do some smart maneuvers and tactics, in defiance of all the naysayers who claims "hurdur AoS has no tactics!". You play this game as RAW, and it definitely has potentials!
>>
>>48521748
Stormcast aren't even close to being too strong.
>>
Adding a bunch of mediocre shots to a Stonehorn seems a little odd.
>>
>>48517945
>a Bestigor would never be caught serving a Ungor, no matter how strong/smart the Ungor is.

Not true, foundlings are greatly respected regardless of what they look like, being seen as a gift from the Gods.
>>
>>48521748
just you , a lot of stuff in age of sigmar requires a smarter way of playing than just charging in head on
so far pretty much every faction i've played against has had a trick up their sleeve , especially if played smart
>>
>>48522263

Heard you like to run your sword through me, and thought Id saved you the trouble, now its my turn!
>>
Stonehorn melee hero seems pretty fucking scary, though. Toss a good relic and trait on him and he can probably take down fucking Archaon.
>>
>>48522401
as an order player this touches my heart
>>
>>48522263
Ogres have always been pretty hardcore

Someone that is more knowledgeable about AoS can tell me if they're still the final manufactured weapon against Chaos or if that part of their background changed?
>>
>>48522221
>Stonehorn Hero that gives rerolls to charge rolls and has YET ANOTHER FOUR DAMAGE 3 ATTACKS
>Priests on Thundertusks with a healing prayer that rewards you for playing MORE Thundertusks
>Hero-Thundertusks with 13 Wounds and a 3+ Save
>Mournfangs with Great Weapons
>Hunters now have an Ice-Breath that works like a Firebelly's fire breath

>the Thundertusk is costed lower than the Stonehorn, they're totes gonna nerf it gaiz
AHAHAHAHAHA no they didn't, it's still 6 Mortal Wounds on a 2+. On something that can be Battleline.
>>
>>48522443

Where can I find the relics and traits? I have looked far and wide, but I just cant seem to find them in the books?
>>
>>48522401
No, they are not respected. They are viewed as gifts from the gods but you know what they grow up into? Ungors. What Ungor means? Not true beastmen. UnBeastman.

Gors do not serve Ungors. They have small horns and are weak.
>>
The same boring ability of the Savage Big Boss, otherwise he just sits between the Frostlord and the Beastriders.
>>
>>48522480
i thought in aos the souls of the old world just kinda reformed in the new realms ?
>>
Ranged Frostlord seems like a waste, but i appreciate the option to have one.
>>
>everybody's favorite battle line
>>
Not battleline, but with a heal to regain that sweet 6 Mortal Wounds shot.
>>
>Frostlord on Stonehorn
>2 Mournfangs
>Thundertusk Beastriders

= 980 points

I cannot think of any 1000 point army that could survive this onslaught.
>>
I'm sorry, how many units are they trying to squeeze out of the Thundertusk/Stonehorn kit now?
>>
>>48522548
>>48522570
>>48522636
18" 6 mortal wounds on a 2+. That seems... unfair to say the least
Luckily, as a Death player, for the most part my units have either ways to regain quickly those wounds, can take that level of punishment without much problem or both
>>
Ogres getting in on the teleport game. But how does one throw a spear *and* fire a crossbow, but is unable to breath at the same time?
>>
>>48522682
Three per variant. Frost Lord on X, Huskard on X, Beastriders on X, with X being either Stonehorn or Thundertusk. I actually enjoy the variation. Gives me hope that one day, Vampire Lord on Terrorgheist might be a legal combination.
>>
Shame these can't join the Icebrow's teleport.
>>
>>48522731
I think the ice breath is mainly for when you run into some high save or Ethereal unit, so that you aren't completely boned against those. Though if the intent of the ice breath was to make the crossbow less desirable, they failed as it's the only one of those weapons he can use after ambushing.
>>
>>48522338
>2 attacks, not 3
>>
>>48522759
Why do people keep calling these things shit again? Most armies would kill to have fast-moving multi-wound models with more attacks than wounds and Rend on all of them and yet people keep insisting to me Sabretusks are shit.
>>
MY FACE WHEN MY HUNTING SPEAR BECOMES 4 ATTACKS 3s aND 3s REND 1 DAMAGE 3
>>
>run and charge
>pile-in for 6" within 6" of the enemy
>move 9"
These got really good. Models are still kinda shit though.
>>
What did the icebrow guy use to be before the rebranding, and why is he a single on-foot character in an all-mounted or feral beast faction?
>>
So is beastclaws the "you're a complete fag if you play this faction" faction now? They seem Eldar broke.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 677x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 677x364px
>Frost-Wreathed Ice has not been nerfed
>mfw the Blizzard will be feared
>>
File: gave.jpg (72KB, 441x276px) Image search: [Google]
gave.jpg
72KB, 441x276px
>>48522499
>No

Don't challenge me, boy.

>you know what they grow up into? Ungors.

Not necessarily. Such foundlings can become any manner of creature, they're ultimately just cast off mutants.

>Gors do not serve Ungors.

They don't like to. But they will do as the gods will.
>>
>>48522920
Anything that can hit hard back or hold them in place will do fine against them. They'll have like 13 models on the table in 2000 points, and little to no protection from Mortal Wounds.
>>
>>48522889
They're basically the scouts of the faction.
>>
>>48522035
Oooooo. I REALLY Like that look.
>>
So, pro players, how to deal with Thundertusk? Seems scary as fuck
>>
>>48522946
>Not necessarily.

Yes, necessarily. Going by the army book, the majority of foundlings grow up to be Ungors.

>They don't like to. But they will do as the gods will.

Beastmen are uncontrollable even by the gods as shown in the End Times with the Crowfather affair with Arkan.

The Beastmen follow the code of the Beast and that means no big horns and no leadership.
>>
>>48522499
>but you know what they grow up into? Ungors. What Ungor means? Not true beastmen. UnBeastman

Thats not necessarily true; A mutated child can wildy range, and can grow into anything from a Minotaur to a Ungor. There is no cut and dry, especially among Beastmen. All that is guranteed is that they'll have some sort of bestial feature
>>
>>48520496
Women of Color
>>
>>48523028
>Yes, necessarily.

No, as I just posted they can grow into any form of Beastman.

>Beastmen are uncontrollable

No, Beastmen will do what they believe the Gods want, hence they will respect the Gave Beastmen.
>>
>Frostlord on Stonehorn
>13 wounds with a 3+
>Stone Skeleton reduces all damage taken by half
>Talisman of Protection adds a 4++ against mortal wounds
That fucker will never ever die. Maybe even toss on Wild Fury to make sure your opponent doesn't even want to damage him.
>>
>>48523064
>No, Beastmen will do what they believe the Gods want, hence they will respect the Gave Beastmen.

There is no Beastman more respected than the Crowfather, and the Beastmen BARELY followed is command. You know, the Crowfather? The beastdude who speaks for the gods. If he cannot control the herds for long and he gets challenged by other Beastmen for dominance, then an Ungor will have no chance.
>>
Should I just abandon my pestilens army? Seems useless again any post sylvaneth release
>>
File: 684393818.jpg (80KB, 473x352px) Image search: [Google]
684393818.jpg
80KB, 473x352px
>>48523186
>Beastmen got rowdy under Malagor one time
>Therefore they don't follow the will of the gods!

Stop.
If the will of the gods is apparent then the Beastmen will obey.
Gave Beastmen are seen as gifts from the Gods and are respected as such.
>>
>>48523186
Also in the Total War game, there are events in the Beastman campaign where you can tell the Chaos Gods to shove it by having your Beastlord refuse their gifts, refuse to sacrifice your herd members to them, etc.

Your Beastmen will respect you for it.

Also the first guy to cheer for Archaon, when he bashed the Chaos Gods and told the Chaos horde to fight for one's glory and not the glory of the gods, was a Beastman chieftain.
>>
>>48522978
Ping four wounds off as fast as possible. The drop from flat 6 to D6 mortal wounds is a rather drastic one. Also, target overload. One of its weaknesses is that it cannot spread out the damage from Frost-wreathed Ice. It has to hit ONE unit.

>>48523160
Only way I could see of dealing with this is to toss a roadblock at it, but it's gotta be one tough as fuck roadblock to more than inconvenience this fucker.
>>
>>48522815
>Might is Right & Gem of Seeing
>Nearly everything hits and wounds on 2+ with Damage 3 and d3 on an assload of attacks.
The Command Traits and Artefacts in the Beastclaw battletome will need to be really damn good to top some of the shenanigans possible with the GHB stuff.

>>48522486
In the General's Handbook for the generic Grand Alliance material, and in the Beastclaw Battletome (which isn't out yet) for the Beastclaw-specific stuff.
>>
>>48523256
Not one time. Through the whole journey which led to his failure. The Beastmen did not like being told what to do and they challenged him.

An Ungor will be more vulnerable to being bashed to the ground and gored, will of the gods or not.
>>
>>48523247
Cry me a fucking river. With your cheap as chips murder monks, 6 mortal wounds doesn't actually hurt.
>Oh noes, 6 Wounds that go right through my armor, whatever shall I do? Oh right, I HAVE no armor. I just have this Cong of Filth save-after-the-save which keeps me safer than fucking Sigmarines against this bullshit. What? My save-after-the-save only stopped 1 of 6 mortal wounds? So what, I have another fifty murder monks.
>>
>>48523247
I think pestilens still looks pretty strong, even if it doesnt look as flashy as the newer releases. Plaugue monks are still great battleline troops.
>>
>>48523297
>Not one time.

Yes one time.
He was not able to lead the Beastmen well on that campaign, but as we have fluff on the Beastmen and their culture we see that they indeed respect the will of the Gods.
The fluff is written, you can ignore it if you wish, but it is more canon than anything you say.
>>
>>48523277
>The Command Traits and Artefacts in the Beastclaw battletome will need to be really damn good to top some of the shenanigans possible with the GHB stuff.
Word. Destruction has been really spoiled with traits and artifacts.
>>
>>48523347
Except everything I said is canon. Also see >>48523262. Add another example from the game where you can choose to ignore the worship of the gods to instead party.

The Beastman respect strength and power. Will of the gods or not, no Beastman will follow a weakling Ungor.
>>
>Finally get the starter box
>can make old blood or scar vet
>assumed I could make both
Fuck
>>
>>48523247
how can you even say that?
How can you be so bad?
Pestilence are fucking insane.
you have one of the best base infantry of the game, you just need to always charge first.
>3 attacks on the charge
>4with a cheap verminlord
>chance to inflict mortal wound on attack
>chance to inflict mortal wound on death
>can attack when killed with a plague censer
>rerolls to hit, rerolls to wound with a plague priest/incenser

Git gud and you cant lose with them.
>>
>>48522443
Allright, just throwing this out there:
Move 12"
+d6" Destruction allegiance bonus
+2" Ravager command trait
+d6" run
+2d6" rerollable charge
I don't think it's much of an exaggeration to say that this guy can surge across the table in a hurry and tie down large swathes of the enemy army for a long time, especially with the relic that ignores Mortal Wounds on a 4+.
>>
>>48523419
>Except everything I said is canon.

No, you take elements of canon while ignoring others.
Did Beastmen chafe under Malagor's direction? Yes.
Does that mean suddenly Beastmen don't respect the will of the Gods? No.
Do beastmen generally bully smaller weaker beastmen? Yes.
Do they do so to the Gave? No.

You know some fluff, but are shitting on fluff you never bothered to learn with you blind man's interpretation.

Go read >>48522946
again.
>>
>>48523419
Oh oh oh....there is another example I remembered. Your Bray Shaman will have an event where he has a vision from the gods that tells him to god on a dark pilgrimage to a Beastman holy place.

Your Beastlord can refuse is request to leave.
>>
>>48523486
>Does that mean suddenly Beastmen don't respect the will of the Gods? No.

They respect strength and power more than the will of the gods from where I am standing. Because they are beasts and nobody leads the Beasts but Alphas. If you are think an Ungor can become a chieftain of a proper Brayherd, point at a single example of it happening.

You can't.
>>
>>48520514
How would replacing the Great Bray-Shaman with Malagor seem? Worth it or nah?
>>
>>48523553
>They respect strength and power more than the will of the gods from where I am standing.

You're wrong.
Read >>48523256
A Shaman leads a horde because he spoke with the voice of the Gods. The Chieftans do not dare question him because the will of the Gods is apparent.
The Beastmen see that same will in foundling children.
>>
Wurrgog Prophet 140

Kunning Rukk 60
Big Boss 100
30 Savage Orruks 300
30 Arrow Boyz 300

Teef Rukk 40
2 Big Stabbas 100
2 Big Stabbas 100

30 Morboyz 320

10 Maniak Boar Boyz 320

Maniak Weirdnob 100

Wardokk 80

Thoughts?
>>
>>48523591
>A Shaman leads a horde because he spoke with the voice of the Gods. The Chieftans do not dare question him because the will of the Gods is apparent.

They questioned the Crowfather, the highest of all of those who speak of the gods. But leaving that aside, both of them are powerful proper Gors so there is no shame in following them.

Ungors on the other hand are weak and there hasn't been a single Ungor chieftain of a Breyherd in all of warhams history.

>You're wrong.

I am right. If I am wrong, then my Beastlord defied the will of the Gods in my campaign with his choices shouldn't have gained the respect of the herds and would have been killed off.
>>
>>48523650
>They questioned the Crowfather

And that means nothing. One instance of it happening does not define Beastman culture in general. Beastmen will follow even humans if the Gods so will it.

>I am right.

You're really not, please actually read the fluff.

>my Beastlord defied the will of the Gods in my campaign

No one cares about you non-canon video game campaign. This is a about the actual fluff.
>>
>>48523650
Let me continued for a bit.

Even in the Greenskin lore there have been mentions of Goblins leading Waaaghs! and bossing Orcs. Rare but the fluff says that it can happen. It opens the option for your Gobbo characters.

Beastmen lore, on the other hand, has zero mentions of an Ungor leading a real Brayherd. In all of the Beastmen lore history since their creation. It never crossed the mind of the devs perhaps? Because situation is absurd to the extreme?
>>
Frostlord on Stonehorn 460 Leader Behemoth
Ogors 120 Battleline
Orruks 100 Battleline
Ironguts 220
Ogors 220 Battleline
Moonclan Grot Shaman 60 Leader
Moonclan Grot Shaman 60 Leader
Butcher 140
Rogue Idol 480 Behemoth
Ironguts 220

1980 points, so probably gets a boon

Give the frostlord battlebrew so the model hits on 2+ and wounds on 2+ across the board (except the horns are 3+)

Give the frostlord ravager so the stonehorn moves 2d6+12" and then charges 2d6 for an average of a 40" charge turn 1

Alternatively swap the orruks for ogors and run 2k points even

POINTS ARE BALANCED ;)
>>
>>48523718
>Beastmen will follow even humans if the Gods so will it.

Powerful humans who prove their superiority. They would follow them even if they aren't follow the will of the Chaos Gods, like the Beastmen who joined Archaon after his god bashing speech.

They will not follow weakness though. Never weakness.

>You're really not, please actually read the fluff.

I did. The game is a good source of Beastman since it's based on the 7th ED army book and had GW oversight. It's as canon as the RPG paragraph you posted
>>
Okay, so with the risk of seeming like an idiot, how can I mix units in this game? I wanna try getting back into Warhammer and this is cheap, but I don't understand the Alliances stuff, and looking in the rulebook didn't quite clear it up for me.

Can I mix Humans, Dwarves and Elves since they're all Order or is it more I can play with player 1 being man and player 2 being elves?
>>
>>48522679
I still literally cannot believe they think a 6 MORTAL WOUND attack, with an 18 inch range, on a 2+ is okay for anything under 400 points.

The way my 1000 point list has been holding up, I think I could fare 'well' against this list, but not great, it would be a crazy game of chess like movement to keep my general and totem alive. Any of my casual friends lists? No fucking way.
>>
>>48523833
>Can I mix Humans, Dwarves and Elves since they're all Order or is it more I can play with player 1 being man and player 2 being elves?

Yes. More or less, you play either a specific faction (e.g. Sylvaneth) or a "Grand Order" which lets you draw from all the factions under its banner. In your case yes, you could have an order army using all those units.
>>
>>48523843
how do you avoid the 40" average first turn charge from the stonehorn.
>>
>>48517365
You need 3 battle line you only have 2

Peasant bowmen need to be a group of 32 with a baby sitting paladin to be useful
>>
>>48523833
You can mix no problem, so long as they're all the same Grand Alliance. Order, Chaos, Death, or Destruction. Should say right in their keywords, or just visit GW's site, and check how they're grouped.

Read the General's Handbook for more on army construction and Allegiances. It's not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>48523812
>Powerful humans who prove their superiority.

Humans sufficiently blessed by the Gods. Power alone is not enough, else Beastmen would have been following Sigmar, or the closest giant.

>I did. The game is a good source of Beastman

The game is not canon. You're Beastmen might have done some wacky shit in your little campaign, but I destroyed the Empire with Vampires in mine.
Doesn't mean it's canon.

So please accept that foundling children are respected by Beastmen regardless of their from, because that is actually canon.
>>
>a bonegrinder giant is 360 points
>a dread saurian is 400

there is no god
>>
>>48523856
40"?
12 + D6 + 2D6. Max 30", with a potential reroll from a Frostlord.
Still fucking crazy, but the Stornhorns, while still very powerful, are not my biggest concern. I've seen my Skullreapers pump out enough damage to bring one down in a single go, when buffed. It's the Thundertusk sniping my general that concerns me.
>>
>>48523920
>The game is not canon. You're Beastmen might have done some wacky shit in your little campaign

They wrote scenarios and events with the help of GW (like your RPG game) in the game where your Beastlord can spurn the Chaos Gods. Did you know what happened when my Beastlord rejected the handouts of the Chaos Gods? The herd respected him more.

The actions that can be taken in these events fall within the behavior of the Beastmen or else why write them in the narrative of the campaign?

>So please accept that foundling children are respected by Beastmen regardless of their from, because that is actually canon.

That's not what's being disputed.
>>
>>48524048
>They wrote scenarios and events with the help of GW

It's still non-canon. You cannot refute that.
Else any campaign is as valid, and in my campaign the Empire was wiped out by Vampires.
This is obviously not the case.

>The actions that can be taken in these events fall within the behavior of the Beastmen or else why write them in the narrative of the campaign?

To give the player agency. Game design 101.

>That's not what's being disputed.

Yes it was, have you tried moving the goal posts when I wasn't looking?
>>
What am I going to do with these troglodon parts?
>>
>>48524129
>It's still non-canon. You cannot refute that.

Nope, it falls within canonical behavior of Beastmen. It's a what if scenario. If the Beastmen witnessed Action A, they will react this way. If they witnessed action B, they will react that way.

>To give the player agency

Based on the lore.

>Yes it was

It was not. The dispute was on if an Ungor can become a chieftain. Respected or not, he won't be a chieftain with no horns and a weak Ungor body.
>>
>>48517340
can you post tutorial again of getting that skin tone? Could not save it from the past threads.
>>
>>48523843
How would this fare?

-cong of filth
-30 monks x3
-furnace
-priest general

Could switch the third unit of monks for 15 censers, or a catapult
>>
>>48524298
You know, that would do pretty well, since it's only a few units, tarpitting them pretty hard would work just fine.
>>
>>48524239
>Nope, it falls within canonical behavior of Beastmen

Nope, it's non-canon.
Irrefutably so.

>Based on the lore.

No, to present a choice that no matter which path is taken has some benefits. This is to give an extra layer of strategy.

>It was not.

It most certainly was.

> The dispute was on if an Ungor can become a chieftain.

Even Brays can become chieftain, if only for a while.
"Though these wretches are amongst the weakest and most worthless, it's not unheard of for a Bray to use his cunning and bravery to assume control over a herd."
>>
File: Reeeee.png (155KB, 624x410px) Image search: [Google]
Reeeee.png
155KB, 624x410px
Yes!

Yeeees!

Another Slaan got rekt. Take this you obnoxious mary sues.
>>
>>48521987
Paint it shit then dip it in ink, classic sc player
>>
>>48524480
Oooooh, Arcanites.
Where is this from?
>>
>>48524548
Dominion of Chaos BT.
>>
>>48524012
Take the ravager general ability then you're moving 12" + d6 +2" + d6 for the run, with another 2d6 for the charge. 4d6 averages to 14, that's 38" average with effectively 36 wounds that kicks out even more damage than they did before.
>>
Need a new general.
>>
>>48524653
try a frostlord on a stonehorn
>>
>>48524641
Thank you.
>>
>>48524653
I'm making one right now
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.