[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 26

File: image.jpg (122KB, 736x945px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 736x945px
>resources
pastebin.com/M09HXnQQ

Slaanesh goes to rehab Edition

>General's Handbook is up
Who can convert it in pdf with hyperlink function?
Rough version is up, still waiting that kat uploader version.
https://mega.nz/#!DxJhhQRa!ObBJiQp43LJK2gC22ioeyXsMNU1_BjwyAR-sjeAoHJg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread:
>>48495450
>>
First for Death and Mr Bones.
Kroakposter btfo
>>
>>48507123
I read that as Mr. Boners.
>>
-Half of Starter Set
-Half of Storm of Sigmar
-Stormcast Eternals + Paint Set
-Easy to Build: Citadel Essentials
Is it enough to run matched plays with Stormcast Eternals?
>>
>>48506962
There's arguments to be made for either, but it really needs to be decided on a case by case basis.
When in doubt, 10 dudes are still fairly easy to maneuver, receptive to all sorts of buffs and can take a lot of damage before faltering.
>>
So say this theory of purified slaanesh isn't just us talking out our asses? What would the new theme be, how many daemons would rejoins the flock vs those who would try to stay in the style of the old slaanesh?
>>
>>48507226
Comes out to 820 points, 920 if you'd play the under-strength unit of Liberators from Storm of Sigmar. I'd suggest adding a box of Judicators for 160 points, that'd bring you to 980, with decent shooting, decent roadblocks, two nice sledgehammers and a touch of support, all for a very acceptable cost.
>>
File: wefretwtr.jpg (166KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
wefretwtr.jpg
166KB, 1280x960px
How is the campaign going in your are and lgs?
What's more played, and how much are you contributing?
And, most importantly: WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LETTING ORDER WIN EVERYTHING?
I'm okay with order wiining in one, or two cities, but dominating everywhere since day one...come on.
>>48507226
>Is it enough to run matched plays with Stormcast Eternals?
which halves? how much stuff you get?
if you cna make it to 1k point, then yes. And with stormcasts, its pretty easy to reach that quota.
I bough 2 starter sets for 30 bucks each, a Prime because I liked the model and a dracoth box. Then I added a castellant and I got a celestant as a gift.
that makes for 2k points. Love the guys lol.
Anyway, i'm painting them super fast because I work all day every day and I don't really have time to do anything more complicated.
Question is: How should I paint the darcoths?
As for the weapons, i tought going pure black and handpainting glow from the tip of the hammer that shits lighting all over the hammer, with a few grey/white highlights just to give it some depth.
Also, should I paint the pauldron in the shield's colours?
toughts?
>>48507329
No idea.
I love slaanesh-and the missing god with his followers searching everywhere for her is actually pretty cool8there are a lot of short stories about this and most of them are pretty entertaining).
A purified chaos god would be...strange. Mostly because a new slaanesh would have to born, because Muh embodiment of excess etc etc.
>>
>>48507226
being stuck with 16 liberators is kind of annoying, but yes
>>
>>48507329
God of reatrain and waiting for marriage.
>>
>>48507226
Lord-Celestant on Dracoth - 220
Lord-Celestant - 100
Lord-Relictor - 80
Knight-Questor (made from the spare Liberator) - 100

5 Liberators; hammers&shields - 100
5 Retributors - 220
3 Prosecutors; hammers - 100
3 Prosecutors; hammers - 100

It's not a terrible little force to begin with. If you leave the LC on dracoth at home you've got a even 1k force. You are lacking in terms of shenanigans, but the list would be easy to learn.
>>
>>48507392
>How is the campaign going in your are and lgs?
>What's more played, and how much are you contributing?
>And, most importantly: WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LETTING ORDER WIN EVERYTHING?
>I'm okay with order wiining in one, or two cities, but dominating everywhere since day one...come on.
Obviously Order is winning in my lgs. More then half the partecipants are Order players
On my parts I was able to bring some points to Death after having started late because of university, but since there are only two people playing that faction in my store things look grim
>>
>>48507433
The 16th liberator is dead easy to convert into a knight-heraldor or knight-questor, though.
>>
>>48507524
honestly he's better served replacing a squad leader so you can run a full 10-man blob of liberators
>>
I can just paint Dragon Princes red to get Blood Knights, right?

Blood Knight/Vargheist spam with some bats and a vamp lord on some kinda mount seems a fun list.
>>
File: wddwd.png (277KB, 610x418px) Image search: [Google]
wddwd.png
277KB, 610x418px
>>48507486
Its actually not bad at all.
the only "problem" is in actually making the retributor charge and attack, since they are slow as hell.
The tactic here can be a costant harrasment with the prosecutors shooting, hiding behind the retributors, forcing the opponent to move towards them; then the pros. can fly behind the enemy and eventually charge and finish whatever the retributors failed to kill..The relictor is really important here as he can debuff any approaching enemy and keep the retributors alive.
The liberators are your objective takers and with the celestant they can also deal some decent damage(even tho you cel. should be always near your retributors for obvious reasons).
That questor is...not too good, even tho with +1 damage relic he can become a real threat to any squishy hero left unguarded.
>>48507500
nice dub.
Also, pic?
This is my lgs.
We have another one which is currently contested by chaos and order, with a nice portion of death.
A lot of points for chaos are actually mine, the chaos gods would be pleased!
>>
>>48507616
I've come to really appreciate the knight-questor, actually. He's durable enough to resist most casual attempts to get rid of him, while also being a annoying little shit, especially with Relic Blade or Hoarfrost on top of his special pile-in and those rerolls.
>>
what's the best way to run a knight-questor?
>>
Is there a good timeline or something for AoS? I mostly just want to know how long ago Nagash betrayed Sigmar, and also how long its been since Chaos invaded the realms and Sigmar closed the gates of Azyr.
I want to write some fluff for my dudes, and I need to know the overall time frames of things
>>
File: 1468200425422.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468200425422.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
what if slaanesh comes back as malerion's new queen making slaaneshi/dark elf armies canon again?
>>
>>48507329
well slaanesh is actually not that evil of a god at it's core : beauty, perfection, pleasure and passion are things almost everyone strives for (s)he could be a god(dess) of any of those things, slaanesh just needs to tone it down with the excess and pain (a drastic event like let's say torture by a group of elves might cause hil/her do do just that alternitavely sigmars making madd gains and the horned rat taking slaanesh's place might make slaanesh think doing the ol switcheroo is the best course of action)
or we'll just get a random muahaha it was me slaanesh all along dramatic reveal in azyrheim causing chaos to get a hold there
>>
>>48507616
Can't really take a pic, because the file format the program I use takes can't be uploaded on 4chan, and it's too late for me to want to work to change it, as you should know dato che sono italiano anche io. GW di Verona, puoi controllare direttamente te la (pessima) situazione in cui siamo
>>
Are there any Bay Area AoS play groups or stores that have AoS days?
>>
Ugh, play in a GW: Any alternatives store friendly for giant bats and bat swarms? Those seem to be a special type of terrible old model.
>>
>>48507754
Give him some spare relic to up his damage and have him deploy within your shield wall. Once some juicy target like a support hero or one on a big monster presents itself use his 6" anti-hero pile-in to engage them. With rerolls and a good relic you can seriously threaten most supporters and most monsters can't afford to leave him unchecked for too long, but also have to actually put in some effort to get rid of him, meaning less attacks against the rest of your forces.
>>
>>48507835
Slaanesh can't tone down the excess cause They're the God of excess
>>
>>48507888
He could tone it down excessively, I guess?
>>
>>48507861
uh check lotr? but I doubt it
>>
>>48507835
>slaanesh just needs to tone it down with the excess and pain
Slaanesh is not the goddess of beauty and pleasure.
She is the goddes of excess, when these things(and anything else)is broight to the extreme and beyond.
>>48507837
shit nigga, your area needs some chaos.
>>
>>48507835
>well slaanesh is actually not that evil of a god at it's core : beauty, perfection, pleasure and passion are things almost everyone strives for (s)he could be a god(dess) of any of those things
That's really a common trait of all the Chaos Gods. If Tzeentch could focus on hope, if Khorne focused on honor or Nurgle on life/being papa they could all be good.
They aren't because their the Chaos Gods, and all they want is fuck you till the end of times

>>48507861
Maybe with much green stuff the Dark Eldar's Razorwings could work as Bat Swarm, I suppose?
>>
>>48507938

Razorwings for swarms maybe?

Ravens are still pretty vampire.
>>
>>48507943
>shit nigga, your area needs some chaos.
Basically only my brother cares about that tournament as a chaos player. And he already did some good work, since he brought 5 points to the "cause"
>>
>>48507835
Slaanesh is easily is the most evil of Chaos Gods because he is the god of excess. He is always prepared to cross the line and get over the top with the whatever atrocity he doing.
>>
>>48507960
>>48507938
>>48507861

Razorwings as Ravens for bat swarms.

Sky slasher Tyranids from forge world as giant bats.
>>
Who are your favorite armies to fight against, not specifically because you hate them but because it's such a treat to go against them
>>
>>48507616
pensate piuttosto a ripopolare i sassi della toscana
>>
>>48507835
Slaanesh is possibly the most evil of the Chaos gods because he will destroy all your inhibitions and leave you never satisfied with anything in life. He will take everything you are and amplifiy it to the worst possible version of yourself.

At first it starts with pedophilia, then that gets dull, then that transitions to babyfucking, then that gets dull, then that transitions into murdering the baby just to get in the mood, then that gets dull, now you bring in the baby's family as an audience when you fuck that baby to death, then that gets dull and you starts having consensual sex in the missionary position and etc. Slaanesh is just a big snowball of derailing fucking everything.

It's no coincident that the Emperor's Children in 40k became the most hated traitor legion amongst the other traitor legions. The worshippers of Slaanesh don't know when to stop and they don't see any problems at all with what they are doing.
>>
>>48508037
A painted army
>>
>>48507835
To be fair, Slaanesh has always been more powerful in areas where order is relevant. So, with the fourth posistion part of the chaos pantheon filled bythe Horned rat, that means either the GHR is gonna get the boot(unlikely) from the four, or Slaanesh hooks up with another faction.
>>
>>48507562

Just pony up and buy real blood Knights you poorfag cunt.
>>
>>48508037
Bloodbound.
Any unit of them can reap so many fucking attacks; blood warriors are expecially annoying because they are more dangerous in death than they are in life.
>>
>>48507562
dragon knights work well, elf/eldar heads without helmets on chaos knights work equally well if you file down some of the chaos heraldry
>>
File: image.jpg (106KB, 704x908px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106KB, 704x908px
So /AoSg/, how do you Slaanesh and/or how would you like to Slaanesh?
>>
how do pile-ins greater than 3" work?
>>
Lads, I can't find the points for Black Orcs in the general's handbook. I can find the points for ardboys, but those are different than Black Orcs...can anyone help me out here?
>>
>>48508248
like 3", but with 6" nigga.
Engagment bubble is still 3" tho.
>>48508236
heling my gf building her slaanesh warband.
She went full demon and she is crafting her own KOS because gW one is plain horrible.
She is also looking for diaz daemonettes.
im so proud of her.
>>
>>48508248
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Errata/AoS_Errata/warhammer_aos_rules_en.pdf

Page 4 has what you're looking for I think.
>>
>>48508248
Depends on the mini, for example some minis can pile in 6" but only if they are within 3" of an enemy

This would let them go around a couple minis so long as they end up closer to the closest model when they started to pile in.

Sometimes a 6" pile in works only if you're within 3" of an enemy, but it lets you move 6" towards the closest hero.

Sometimes a 6" pile in works so long as you're within 6" of an enemy. This lets you walk into combat. (For example the current yetis)
>>
So I guess my boiling anger from the endtimes has finally abated and I give in. With the new point system I'm ready to rejoin the fold. The new orcs look nice too.

What should one know about starting? Do most people just play the pointless version of the rules? or do they count wounds? Is mixing and matching within your "grand alliance" a bad idea?
>>
Are the only dryad units with command abilities Alariele and the Treelord Ancient?
>>
>>48507562

The "money argument" is invalid and, quite frankly, silly. Allow me to explain.

I believe that the willingness of a person to spend money is directly linked to someone's level of personal investment in a hobby. Money is, after all, a resource, and if someone were willing to sacrifice money for the blood knight models then that shows they really like the models, and that they are personally invested in the army.

Someone who says that they're too expensive, yet perhaps earns the same amount or even more than the person who bought them really has no excuse other than the fact their whole idea of doing a vampire counts army is that of a half-arsed one where they take shortcuts, because they don't care. In my opinion if you don't have the money, don't bother.

I only bought the BK models because I had enough money, if you want to do a VC army and not get appropriate models then that just shows you up. It's the same as with these people who use Mantic minis in their VC army. They lie to themselves and say they look better than the GW ones but everyone knows that's not true.
>>
>>48508298
Play how you want

I've been playing open play for a year, still going to play a lot of open play.

You can also play with points and nothing else.

Mixing with your grand alliance offers you flexibility in what units you can take but it limits what battleline you can take. For example you get less powerful battleline units.

Matching armies based on wounds works, but only if neither player is trying to cheese the other. 12 goblins isn't a good match against 3 ironguts for example.
>>
>>48508298
>Do most people just play the pointless version of the rules? or do they count wounds? Is mixing and matching within your "grand alliance" a bad idea?
A)no, points are used almost everywhere, even in open play.
B)wounds are terrible, so never play with them.
3)mix and match within the alliance is actually VERY good.
Mind tho a LOT of models/armies works with very strict sinergies and exploit their full potential only when working with said sinergies(usually in form of hero buffs that applies only on certain keywords).
its your choice, either way. You can actually build your army in so many ways still beign competitive. you can build your army around weak units buffed to extreme or only with the best units from here and there.
>>
>>48508335
dude blood knights aren't worth the money

it's cheaper to get an artist to chisel bks out of gold than it is to use gw bks

Conversions are never cheating.
>>
Does the Hammers of Sigmar paint scheme look to gaudy?

Here's a liberator WIP following Duncan's tutorial
>>
>>48508298
>What should one know about starting?

Go to your FLGS or your friends or w/e and TALK WITH THEM about how they want to play man
>>
>>48508374
doesn't look so bad that far.
Following based duncan is always the right choice.
>>
>>48508374
It feels like a paint scheme more suited for an Egyptian themed army then the nourthern European look the storm cast armor has
>>
>>48508365
>B)wounds are terrible, so never play with them

This is objectively false. Wounds are a great way to have an approximately equal army. TALK WITH YOUR OPPONENT.

Everyone on /tg/ was quick to point out that nagash doesn't stack up evenly with the same number of wounds for goblins. Everyone is super quick to point out what's unbalanced. So come to an agreement about what would be fun and fair.

For example you might take 100 goblins against their nagash and then equal wounds for the rest of the army or vice versa.

At the end of the day if your opponent is going to try and table you as fast as possible they're not a good opponent to play against.
>>
>>48507953
In hindsight aren't the big Chaos figures fueled by emotions from the average joe? It makes me wonder if everything being shit makes them shit, which goes back to making everything shit.
>>
>>48508379
I intend to, but its 1am and i've been reading a bunch of stuff, who else am i going to talk to about it.

>>48508353
Pardon ignorance but what is the "battleline"? I've seen people using the term and I've been scouring through the generals handbook pdf but so far I've not got nothing.
>>
So let me get this straight? Warblades and Warhammers on Liberators are basically the same when it comes down to mathhammer?
>>
>>48508471
in isolation, they're statistically the same
when buffs are included (to hit buffs are more common than to wound) hammers pull ahead.
>>
>>48508471
I thought Hammers were better thanks to "Bring Down the Tyrant"?
>>
>>48508298
Start Collecting boxes are probably the best way into the game right now. For former WHFB players the most common mistakes are the randomized player initiative and the importance of activation order and pile-ins.
Most people play with points now that the GHB is out.
Mixing within your GA is fine, but maybe not the best to do when just starting out.
Welcome back to the hobby, mate.

>>48508441
Core or Troop choices, basically.
>>
>>48508441
Batteline units are needed to play in matched play. For example, Orc boyz are batteline. You can get stronger battleline by playing to one faction.
>>
>>48508438
Garbage in garbage out, part of the reason chaos can't be killed is that it is to wage war against human nature itself, killing the gods would if possible, destroy the ability to feel emotion all together, they are driven to perpetuate what ever the current corse of emotions is, like the slime in ghost busters 2
>>
>>48508406
No, it IS terrible.
A celestant prime ha sonly 8 wounds, yet he's not the fucking same as 4 chaos warriors, 8 skaven, and so on.
Everyone in my area played with wounds because fan made comps were too many to actually be standard for everyone so in the end the result was a horrible meta with giant beatss everywhere and house rules to prevent it(like minimum tot models etc). problem is , that didn't stopped the cheese and a LOT units simply became useless for that.
Why would you want to go back to wound count when the official points are aout and every lgs has a copy to read?
>>
>>48508495
In some ways yes, A roll of 3+ to hit with a wound roll of 3+ is somewhat better then a hit of 2+ and a wound roll of 4+
>>
>>48508541
>Everyone in my area played with wounds because fan made comps were too many to actually be standard for everyone so in the end the result was a horrible meta with giant beatss everywhere and house rules to prevent it(like minimum tot models etc). problem is , that didn't stopped the cheese and a LOT units simply became useless for that.

The problem isn't the rules, and points hasn't solved your fucking problem
>>
>>48508471
hammers are better because of lay low the tyrant
>>
So it seems to again be a case of breaking the game in an attempt to fix broken players
>>
File: gargant.jpg (105KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
gargant.jpg
105KB, 1280x960px
Going to a tournament in a few days, going to run the Ironjawz big mob. I fucking HATE the giant model, so I slapped this together. Think it works?
>>
>>48508374
>Does the Hammers of Sigmar paint scheme look to gaudy?

Yes.
>>
>>48508573
well, no, it solved it? because with points a giant beast with 14 wounds instead of costing roughly 140 points now costs 240-500. Which is a lot better.
Swarm models became useful again(no reason to bring any skaven with wound count)and artillery got toned a LOT by simply goin with points(180 instead of 5-7 wounds).
Eeven without battleline the game is a lot more balanced now.
When hosting a tournament people wants to win.
that is obvious.
And even tho Aos rules actually rewards smart play(I managed to win against people with double my points), wound count was terrible and didn't work well.
Its not >>48508585
>So it seems to again be a case of breaking the game in an attempt to fix broken players
its a
>WOUND COUNT IS SHIT
It makes no sense to defend it. I can't really understand why would you defend it. For what reason?
>>48508621
It...doesn't look fantasy. At all.
its a nice convertion and with a bit more work to make it look less polished its a great addiction for 40k, but it doesn't look fantasy sadly.
>>
>>48508621

Hands are a little clean, but otherwise great.

Give it a big jaggy claw on one side and a Melee weapon on the other and it's truly complete.
>>
>>48508236
My Slaanesh carnal cabal is a fertility cult that hopes to give birth to a new Dark Prince. To achive this goal they breed with damons, travel the realms to find secrets and to spread the seed of Slaanesh through rape.
>>
>>48508438
>It makes me wonder if everything being shit makes them shit

No they're "shit" because they're extra dimensional entities. Nurgle sees himself as bestowing gifts, Tzeentchian daemons think mortals must be living shit lives because their forms are so static, so they give them new ones, Slaanesh does offer limitless pleasure.
Khorne alone is entirely selfish.

>>48508537
>killing the gods would if possible, destroy the ability to feel emotion all together

Not necessarily true, the gods have never been said to be necessary to feel emotions, they just work to propagate their emotions.
>>
Tabletop Simulator has a WFB extension. The community there was also talking about expanding it further to include AoS. Since it would use the same skins, this doesn't sound like much of a leap. A friend and I are looking into it.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=594982209
>>
>>48508621
I mean, it looks like shit, but you're proxying a giant, nobody will whine that you're proxying a giant
>>
>>48508621
could be a decent counts as rogue idol of gork/mork
>>
>>48508652
>I can't really understand why would you defend it. For what reason?

Because fox only, final destination, isn't the only way to play warhammer.

Warhammer is a party game, not a competitive tournament game
>>
>>48508842
no, no it couldn't

A rogue idol is an undercosted unfair beatstick forgeworld model and should never be used
>>
>>48508842

thanks anon! This guy looks awesome. Didn't know he existed
>>
Will the Tomb Kings return? I want Settra to return with shiny new Skeletons with the nice blue shields to cuckold Skeletor.
>>
Has anyone done a Sigmarine-to-Slaanesh Chaos Warrior conversion yet?
>>
>>48508992
Forgeworld is probably banned at your tournament
>>
>>48508894
i've not looked into it, but what forgeworld models/rules/whatever for AoS are good and not mean to use?
>>
>>48509025
Spread the Truth of the Sands, the Pharaohs shall rise again!!!
>>
>>48508876
>Because fox only, final destination, isn't the only way to play warhammer.
I have no idea if you're trolling or you really are not getting it.
You don't want to use a comp and play with no points at all? sure, go ahead. Use scenarios and have fun.
But you are telling me wound count is good.
Its is not.
Its unbalanced and it doesn't work. You rather play 1 warcsroll per 1 warscroll. Wound is simply bad and allows for bad games, because it tricks you into beign a balanced comp when it is not. at all.
if you are using wounds you are looking at a way to field two similar army in size.
then why would you want to use a broken system that does not work in stead of the official, balanced one?
Wound count is a lot worse that total open with no points, because certain armies are unable to field anything at all.
Clanrats? nope! goblins! nope! you are simply unable to have fun fielding cheap infantry, because it eats a lot of wounds without beign strong, while elites/monsters are a lot better on a ratio wound/power/survivability.
>>
>>48509025
Could do, the story's always moving forwards.

They might add a retooled version of the faction up to add to Death, because it and Destruction need more factions badly.
>>
>>48509049
merworm, bonegrinder giant, colossal squig
>>
>>48509084
>a comp system is bad because people can break it

yeah, you're right, nobody should use points either, it tricks you into thinking it's balanced but in reality it isn't
>>
>>48509041

He's proxying my giant anyway so I cant' very well do both
>>
>>48509150
I tried to be polite but you are clearly retarded and/or trolling.
wound count is bad because it takes into consideration ONLY the health of each model
It doesn't take into consideration:
damage
to hit
to wound
special rules
weapons
save
command abilities
bravery
move
When two opponents bring a regular list without wanting to break the game, there will be always disadvantages because the comp doesn't take into account ANYTHING but health. Which is not a good measure on how strong models are.
It was "okay" when there were no official comps because it made easier to play quick games in lgs, but now that there is an official comp why-WHY would you use it? Why would you suggest it as a preferred comp? why would you defend it, other than beign a gigantic faggot?
you want to use it' Go ahead, your choice. But closing your eyes and cover your ears yelling WOUND COUNT IS GOOD, WOUND COUNT IS GOOD YOU ARE JUST A POWERGAMER, ITS ALL PLAYERS FAULT will not achieve anything other than displaying how much of a retard you are.
>>
>>48508374
Yeah, it's pretty tacky looking.
>>
So i saw some games and i really liked it, but to sort of not be a complete fag like the others in my area who all play sigmarines - i got 2 starter boxes for the ironjawz aswell as a megaboss as they looked more Fun . Figured id trade one of the warchanters for a wierdnob. I just wanted to ask; has the painting guides been ripped for the ironjawz yet? I have some ideas for armour etc but for the life of me i cant see how they painted those KAWAII UGUUUUU~~~ super deformed boars but seeing as i just gave them a fuckwad of cash for the models i refuse to buy a fucking painting guide to paint 6 boars.. any help is really appreciated
>>
>>48509099
that it? out of all their stuff? what about skinwolves or wolf rats or fimir and stuff?
>>
>>48509347
http://youtu.be/1hx7YICTD_Q
>>
>>48509491
>skinwolves
kill yourself if you use them

fimir is a meme, don't fall for it
>>
>>48508374
Fine work. One can immediately tell what it is. Watch Duncan EVERY DAY.
>>
How do I into Slaves of Darkness? What are the must-have units?
>>
>>48509533
I legitimately don't know if you mean skinwolves are good or bad, or what you mean about fimir being a meme.
>>
>>48509628
chosen
>>
>>48509647
fimir is literally a meme perpetuated by oldhammer players
>>
>>48509670
>fimir is literally a meme perpetuated by oldhammer players

More like newfag players who like to pretend they've uncovered some arcane secret of warhammer past, just like malal faggots.
>>
>>48509653
im not a big fan of them. they work better at high points when you have a lot of units and you can activate their reroll buff easier. just imho, they are super solid.
>>48509628
Knights and warriors are your bnb.
You can tailor them as you want by going marks/hero buffs.
They are like a blank state ready to be mold at your will.
Also, chaos sorcerer lord is insane.
Start collecting is a good start. since it gives you all of them for pennies.
>>
>>48509083
>>48509097
I believe it would be nice to have dead rulers of fallen empires rise up and challenge Nagash. But that Nagash doesn't fear these pretenders until one day a mighty Pharaoh from a long lost world claws his way up through thesands to the surface and howl "Settra does not serve, I rule!".
>>
does anybody have the grand alliance books in a pdf? checked the resources and didn't find anything.
>>
>>48509987
they're just warscrolls, the only new stuff is shitty formations, like the beastman formation is minimum 20 units
>>
>>48509757
Except fimir are getting new stuff
>>
>>48510053
I'm mostly looking for fluff stuff, but I guess other books would work. Thanks!
>>
>>48510216
the fluff stuff is basically a paragraph sales pitching shit you can learn by looking at the minis

there's more fluff on 1d4chan bro
>>
>>48508734
Well, we have WFB models thanks to Mark of Chaos and Battle March. They're all rips. Most of the 40k models come from DoW and Freeblade, as well.

If you want AoS models for Tabletop Simulator, we'd need an AoS game first, or a really good modeller, the later being very unlikely.

I'd expect that we'll get some of the models from Total War soon though, if someone figures out how to decrypt the game packages.
>>
>>48510216
They didn't release the GA books in digital format, unfortunately.
>>
Newbie from earliet, but I think I'll be heading towards Slaves to Darkness, and maybe pick up the bloodbound later on. Here is what I've got for a list;

LEADERS: 360
Sorcerer Lord (140)
Sorcerer Lord (140)
Exalted Hero (80)

BATTLELINE: 560
5 Chaos Knights (200)
20 Warriors of Chaos (360)

OTHER: 80
Chaos Chariot (80)

1000 points exactly, no wiggle room. Would this be viable? Or would I be better off switching out the Sorcerer for a Chaos Lord? And should I swap out the chariot for a Gorebeast?
>>
>>48510358
some things COULD be proxies, lots of the Hybrids from Jurassic World the game could be lizardmen beasts, lizardmen from coul calabur could be the saurus etc. as an example
>>
>>48510467
I'm not saying you couldn't just proxy lots of things. The WFB rips give you a LOT to work with.

It's not super difficult to rip models (though with some games, it's near impossible) and import them, but it just has to be done.
>>
seems like a good start, then you can play a bit and see what you might want to change
>>
>>48510580
True; It's basically what little I have, coupled with the Start Collecting! Slaves to Darkness set. If I wanted to go out of faction, I could probably do so via splitting up the Warriors
>>
>>48510624
not a bad idea friendo
>>
>>48510624
you can also pick up some demons and summon them which keeps your knights battleline (because mystic shield on 20 WoC is better than mystic on 10)
>>
>>48510714
I've been meaning to ask, but how do Daemons work fluff-wise? Are they still all semi-corpreal, and need to be summoned in, or can they just walk around?

Also, which daemons would ypu Recommend? I hear Daemonettes are the best out of the lesser ones.

>>48510694
Thank you, but reminder, this is all just pretty much theory-craft at this point.
>>
>>48510956
Well, if you're going to be summoning them in to supplement your force to keep your battleline. Probably a daemon prince, that way it's one roll, you get a decent body, it's unmarked so it regenerates wounds (since a daemon prince isn't that beefy)

For lesser daemons I think bloodletters are better than daemonettes so they're not bad since they're kind of midweight infantry.

I love bloodcrushers but if you have to put down one a time it might be a terrible usage of points.

Flamers are good ranged infantry, but a skullcannon would be a nice summonable artillery piece.
>>
>>48507076
>be me
>play VC and sometimes Ogres
>have blood knights
>AoS comes out
>blood knights become incredibly op, no real point in fielding anything but 1 Necromancer in a squad of 50 grave guards with the blood knights
What was GW thinking?
>>
>>48511007
>GW
>Thinking
>>
>>48510452
I'd split the units of warriors in 2 units of 10 and add another chariot in stead of the sorcerer for more fighting meat, but that's just my taste. You can bring 2sorcerers and buff the shit out of your units. Warriors with the "repeat all 1s" and a mystic shield can be really hard to bring down.
>>
>>48511049
I mean just for fucks sake, I would prefer if they decided to start updating the anciently outdated army books.
>Meanwhile at GW
>you know what everyone hates about our game?
>is it the outdated armies and rules?
>are there not enough space marine?
>no, but the space marines is a good suggestion, its obviously the fact that it works, lets just haphazardly fuck everything up.
>>
>>48511140

>update thing that doesn't sell for a system that isn't selling
>>
>>48507392

My store has Chaos winning and I completely blew a game as Order today

Doing my part
>>
>>48511289
>implying its not selling because the stats are either obsolete, dont make sense, or both
Also
>0.03£ have been deposited to your account
>>
File: Strongest Martial Art.jpg (85KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
Strongest Martial Art.jpg
85KB, 500x673px
Which list /tg/?
I'm so conflicted
>Leader
Treelord Ancient: - 300

>Battleline
20x Dryads - 240
20x Dryads - 240
5x Tree Revenants - 100
5x Tree Revenants - 100

>Behemoth
Treelord - 260
Spirit of Durthu - 400

>Other
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Bows - 180
--2000 points

VS

>Leader

>Battleline
20x Dryads - 240
20x Dryads - 240
5x Tree Revenants - 100
5x Tree Revenants - 100

>Behemoth

>Other
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
--2000 points
>>
>>48511000
I'll keep the idea of summoning a Daemon Prince on my ideas table, but from what I've heard, DP have a bad tendency of being pillow fisted and not earning their points back and pulling their weight.

Daemonettes I believe, are better when it comes to summoning. After looking at their Warscrolls, it definetly shows that Bloodletters are made with numbers in mind; Their 3rd ability depends on having 20+ Bloodletters, and while useful at killing heavy infantry thanks to the mortal wounds, I dont see them doing enough damage. They seem like they really want to be run as a regular battleline, not summoned. Meanwhile, Daemonettes are fast and killy, and can generate a good chunk of attacks with only 10 models. Although they are worse off when it comes to wounding, being able to run, charge, and than generate more attacks, all the while with only 10 models shluld not be overlooked.

Skullcannon/Flamers seems like a logical addition however. Incase I need units with a bit of range, they work perfectly. As for Bloodcrushers, they are awesome. But its always risky in how many you get.

>>48511104
Eh, I think that it'll depend on the scenario. If its something where objectives are key, I'll split them, but where its more smash and grab, I'll run em in a big, easily buffable block.

>>48511007
>1 Necromancer in a squad of 50 grave guards with the blood knights
Because, none of those are batteline, and nor does that mean they're good. You'll be hideously out ranged, and you have no way of dealing with stuff like Drycha, Retributors or Arks of Sotek. Your blood knights will get bogged down, your GG will get 1 mortal wounded to death, and your necromancer will get sniped, since they cant use GG to look out sir!

Or, I could just use 12 nagashes :^)
>>
>>48511338

>implying revamps helped bolster armies like Dark Eldar into becoming a top seller

>implying additions like Cygor/Ghorgon, et
c., helped flagging Beastmen sales

>implying its not dominated by Space Marines, Space Marine-alikes, Tau and Chaos Warriors

>'HURR SHILLS!'
>>
>>48511372
Well played sir, in that case Ill bring all blood knights and have a Vampire lord with barding and then just charge the shit out of you turn one >:^)
>>
>>48511392
>eldar
>implying anyone played beastmen anyway
Skaven seem to get the job done better desu
Chaos Dwarfs and Kislev would probably sell to hipsters though, and Ogres are powerful when used right.
>>
About to go put together my chaoscasts after loving the bretcasts.. Thinking more like blood angels death company then chaos sig marines.. Idea being they been reformed a few too many times and have gone well a bit wild.

What would be a good color to use to match the gold/blue default..
>>
>>48511419

They redid practiaclly the entire Dark Eldar line with great models and pretty good (during 5th at least) rules.

It still didn't generate enough interest or retaining customers to make them a top teller like Space Marine equivalents, or even their B-listers like Tau. Face it, it would have been a gigantic waste of money and investment, proven by repeated attempts to add fresh new ideas to armies and watching them flounder in sales.
>>
>>48511419

>implying anyone played beastmen anyway

Enough for them to still be alive in AoS and get featured in art, rules, and repackaging their bigger monster kits.

Can't say the same for Brets and Tomb Kings though loool
>>
>>48511395
Ah, but than I'll just summon 12 Mournguls behind your line. Check and mate. ;^)
>>
>>48511419

Still more people playing chaos furries than bretonnians and tomb kings, let that sink in for awhile. edgy furries sell better than bretonnia and tomb kings did.
>>
>>48511451
Gors are cheap battleline
>>
>>48511329
I plan to do my part that way as well.
A Troglodon is good at a thousand points, right?
Something like
Scar Vet on Carnosaur (warspear) 260
Troglodon 200
Saurus Knights (lances) x 5 120
Saurus Knights (Lances) x 5 120
Saurus Warriors (spears) x 20 200
Skink Starpriest 100

Not sure on the starpriest or if the knights should be split or a single unit
>>
>>48511468

Not monetarily. They're really garbage without support, too. Better off getting Slaves to Darkness.
>>
>>48511475

>using a Troglodon
>ever
>>
>>48507822
Start of the age of myth is thousands of years ago, (probably 3-5) then comes the age of chaos, in where they invade and kill/maim/burn everything, that's 500/300 years ago, and now it's the age of sigmar, the stormcast marching out to break chaos' hold on the mortal realms, and the realmgate wars have been concluded as of the last book. What's next I wonder?
>>
>GW in full 'repackage old shit and sell it' mode
>beastmen haven't even been repackaged yet with circle bases

Either they're going to drop them entirely or put out a nice Getting Started and eventual boxed sets for Tzaangors, Slaangors, etc.
>>
>>48511490
I don't care how bad it is. I'm using it. And it's going to be the best damn troglodon ever. Because it'll be the only troglodon ever.
And if it's as bad as everyone's saying it is, then I'll be doing my part in keeping Order down despite playing Order. I get to play with a cool model AND bring down the Lightning Lads' scores, at the same time!
>>
>>48511580

I am just repeating memes anon, go ahead and use one, I like it and I love the idea of a skink with its own mega mount that isn't a palanquin or mini-fortress.
>>
>>48508265
Sorry, ardboys took over the role for the model, leaving no point rules for them. Look at wight king with axe, uses Krell's model, and Krell doesn't get points either. If the models have had updated rules(like your borcs) the old rules won't get points.
>>
>>48511619
Any advice on the non-giant monster portions of the list?
>>
>>48511372
don't underestimate bloodletters having rend and doing mortal wounds on 6s
>>
>>48511419
>>implying anyone played beastmen anyway
>>48511451

Daily reminder that Beastmen are a top tournament army and every team at the Warhammer World Cup had a beastmen army.

Level 6 death magic + their speed + herdstone let them stand up against many armys.
>>
>>48511580
at 200 points it's ok
>>
>>48511490
>>48511580
>>48511475
>A Troglodon is good at a thousand points, right?

A troglodon killed my Rogue Idol of Gork (or possibly Mork)

In fairness there was a lot of help, the idol charged and oneshot a stegadon beside the troglodon, wiped out a bunch of saurus guard.

But the skink oracle's divining rod made the killing blow.
>>
>>48508265
Black Orcs are 'Ard Boyz

The Black Orc Big Boss can even buff 'Ard Boyz
>>
File: gw-hq-sigmar.jpg (50KB, 960x542px) Image search: [Google]
gw-hq-sigmar.jpg
50KB, 960x542px
>>48511580
>play with a cool model AND bring down the Lightning Lads' scores, at the same time!

>dinobro who likes dinos riding dinos
>doesn't want order to win
>is the best bro
>is not a cheesey player (rare in seraphon)

you're awesome
>>
Can the start collecting slaves to darkness build a gorebeast chariot?
>>
>>48511753
I want a sort of tie myself, some footholds but not total domination, a reminder that Order has to earn it, not him btw, but also dino bro, not going for cheese
>>
File: Flesh-Eater-Court-Models.jpg (119KB, 600x545px) Image search: [Google]
Flesh-Eater-Court-Models.jpg
119KB, 600x545px
Are Flesh Eater Courts any good, /tg/? I like the idea of regenerating shit, but the reason I hate playing Daemons is the mass low saves and no "hammer" units. How do they perform in game?
>>
>>48511753
The entire reason I got into warhammer at all was because of dinos riding dinos, way back when they released skink cold one riders.
I play for fun, and fuck the fat frogs. I only have one because they used to be mandatory. But now I can have GLORIOUS DINO RIDING DINOS as my leaders and my troops.
>>48511819
That's what I'd like to see myself, honestly. Each city going to a different faction, and I don't care WHO gets them or who is left out. Other than 'the rats don't get shit', of course. Chaos, sure, Skaven, no.
>>
>>48509810
In the meantime, we will have to put pur trust in the noble lord Ushoran, the Summerking to stand up to the usurper Nagash!
>>
Is there any reason to use the Hammer Prosecutors when Javelins exist?
>>
>>48511930

starter kit
>>
>>48511858
Oh. SPEAKING OF WHICH.
Do you think people will be mad if I use Skink Cold One Riders, Skinks with shortbows, or Terradon riders with shortbows?
The Cold One Riders would just count as Saurus Knights (they're extra fierce skinks shush), and the shortbow foot skinks would be skinks with blowpipes...but what should the terradon riders count as? Javelins because longer range, or the bolas for flaming arrows or somesuch?
>>
Okay, please help me make sure I understand Allegiance right. In Pitched Battle, "all units... must belong to the same Grand Alliance (Order, Chaos, Destruction, or Death)." And currently, those are the only Allegiances with Allegiance abilities. So RAW, there's no such thing as a Troggoth Army with both Chaos and Destruction Trolls in Pitched Battle. Your army COULD claim Troggoth Allegiance as long as they're all, say, Destruction Troggoths, but there would be no point in choosing that over Destruction allegiance. Is that right?

And RAW, if I'm using the Legion of Azgorh Warscroll Compendium and take counts-as-Goblins Hobgoblins from the "substitute warscrolls" in the back, that ruins my allegiances because they have neither "Legion of Azgorh" or "Chaos." Per the FAQ, warscroll BATALLIONS sort of grant allegiance membership, but warscroll COMPENDIUMS do not.

Finally, it appears that "Wizard" is a valid allegiance? Because that's kind of great. (Useless in Pitched Battle because of the 1st Rule of One, but still cool.)
>>
>>48511930
Hammers do better in melee, you also get an extra attack with the hammers but I'm not sure how it compares to the javelin when you get the damage 2
>>
What kind of accent would ogors have? Russian? Mongolian? Australian?
>>
>>48507076
I just wanted to say thanks for linking the Generals Handbook
>>
>>48512191

Whatever you want, the Mortal Realms are large and varied.
>>
>>48511809
Yea it's the usual sprue from the normal box.

Any Melbourne gamers keen to play at the GW in the city tomorrow ?
>>
Having a little trouble putting my Catchweb Shrine together and sticking it to my Spider.

Once you've put the platform together, where does the Shaman's platform stick to it? I can't see any obvious connection areas.
>>
Have anyone tried with starseer? Since FAQ stated that, "reroll any dice" can force your opponent reroll, sound op for 160 hero.
>>
Does the Amber Wizard (on a Gryphon) still have stats in AoS anymore?
>>
>>48512369
Pretty sure this is him.
>>
>>48512338
>Yea it's the usual sprue from the normal box.

Welp, time to buy one I guess
>>
>>48512389

Oh hey, that's not bad at all, especially with how many clumped up models my opponents like to use.
>>
>>48508298
90% of the players came back for GHB so everyone's playing points
>>
>>48512625
Hitting and wounding a bloodthirster as easily as a skavenslave is still shit.
>>
>>48512625
>90% of the players came back for GHB so everyone's playing points

>the annual report notes increased sales throughout the year

>it's all just because of the GHB

yeah, no, no it's not.
>>
>>48512671
I know a good number of people spitefully came back after Ironjawz
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 570x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 570x500px
>>48508406
Holy shit youre just so wrong it hurts.

In your own fucking essay you say nagash is worth 100 goblins... And in your post before that you said 4 goblins/skeletons/zombies aren't anywhere near to 1 ogre.

Just accept AOS was shit and dead in the water til your Lord and saviour MATCHED PLAY was announced
>>
>>48512648
>grognard complaints

go back to 40k
>>
>>48512679
Then how was it selling more last year than Fantasy did the past few years?
>>
>>48512695
Because fantasy sales were abysmal. Nobody bought anything, so no releases were made. Of course, nobody wanted most of GW things, since most players owned everything slready
>>
>>48512679
>Just accept AOS was shit and dead
>>48512671

Please see:
>>48506640

and appologize
>>
>>48512715
So it wasn't dead in the water, it was outselling the old game it replaced?
>>
>>48512679
>I don't want to discuss with my opponent before hand
>I just want to min max and cheese them with points
>but it's fair because GW said so

Go play literally any other game, because you're a bitter, jaded, asshole who nobody likes.
>>
>>48512733
the old dead in the water and actually dead game, yes
>>
What are the rules for allies using the matched play rules?

If I wanted to approximate Tzeentch mortals by mixing Bloodbound with beastmen and maybe some other non-chaos units could I do that in match play?

If mixing grand alliances allowed? If not, chaos doesn't seem like it has many ranged options...
>>
>>48508621
Looks shit and nothing like fantasy. I'll bet they won't even let you use it
>>
>>48512749
So it did what it was supposed to and improved sales of that range?
>>
>>48509150
Kys
>>
>>48512733
AoS is at least making a profit, even if it is reduced. We know that AoS freaquently sells out of certain models, and there has been a renewed intrest in the game.

You see, the problem with WHFB was never with how it was played or the setting or the even the game system. What it came down to was people actually buying the products. Your average WHFB player most likely had been playing for 5+ years, and thus, they would have everything they'd need. This isnt a problem with 40k, due to the influx of people into and out of the game, but in WHFB, a lot less people were coming in, thanks to the sheer size of WHFB. Where as a 40k army was around 60+ models, WHFB can get as big as a 100+ models on each side, with support pieces and monsters. Add this to a more complex game system and larger set of rules, it became harder and harder for people to buy into.
>>
>>48512763
yes
>>
>>48512754
1. Depends on your Tournament
2. RAW the matched play is 100% only one grand alliance, nothing else allowed (unless you summon it)
3. Fuck you chaos is op, you have skaven shooting
>>
>>48512811
Pretty much this, WHFB suffered from massive rules bloat and from GW's perspective, the "Fans" didn't really exist since they weren't buying anything. You can't "Like" a brand into doing well, at the end of the day, the only vote that matters with a product is the one you make with your money, and Fantasy's fans voted "Kill it"
>>
>>48512834
>skaven shooting
>OP

wat
>>
>>48512834
ok well I guess that's that

I don't like rats and just want some tzeentch mortals

maybe I'll pick up and AoS starter, convert the models best I can to tzeentch, then paint them up and put them on my shelf and never play the game

the only nearby gaming store closed down anyway so it isn't like I would ever play the game
>>
>>48512849
here's your (you)
>>
>>48512849
#1 Jezzails (chaos general can take a command to give them +1 to hit, hitting on 3+, re-rolling 1s if they didn't move and causing 2 mortal wounds on 5s and 6s(

#2 Ratling gun weapon team kicks out a million rend 1 shots

#3 Warp lightning cannon kicks out mortal wounds

The catapult and mortar team are whatever, they're not terrible and they smash up blobs nicely, but they're not clear front runners like J-FUCKING-EZZAILS
>>
What's the deal with Stormfiend weapons, which are good? Should I have a missile squad and a melee squad, or mix em up?
>>
>>48512859
The AoS starter would be miserable to convert to tzeentch, if you want tzeentch mortals then buy a Start Collecting Slaves to Darkness.

Also the tzeentch daemons have ok shooting.

And all these minis work well in D&D games and what not.
>>
>>48512733
Even though fantasy players weren't buying any more models there was still a huge community to play against, when they released aos all the way up until about a month ago (GHB for points) LITERALLY nobody at my local GW or LGS was playing

Regardless of sellin models fantasy was very much alive
>>
>>48512877
>Jezzails
Too expensive for not a ton of shots. If you focus on buffing them up I could see them doing well, but I've never had them perform very well even in units of 6.

>Ratling gun
You're gonna get 14 average shots, and wound like 5? For 80 points I'm not impressed when Warpfire throwers exist.

>WLC
24" range means other, better artillery (Hell cannons, etc) outrange you, and variable strength means you get an average of 3-4 mortal wounds. That's not good for 180 points when Arch Warlocks exist for 140.

Honestly I think our best shooting are Plagueclaw Catapults and Mortars for thinning hordes really hard, which is important since most hordes get great bonuses for being full size.

Basically whenever I consider getting ANY substantial amount of shooting I think "man, I could have Stormfiends/Hellpit Aboms" instead of these useless cannons...
>>
>>48512695
Because fantasy was stagnant and didn't sell. Everybody already had the models they needed and plenty of people actively played.

Nobody played aos
>>
>>48512926
>Too expensive for not a ton of shots. If you focus on buffing them up I could see them doing well, but I've never had them perform very well even in units of 6.

You're actually fucking stupid if you believe this, I've seen jezzails rip apart heavy infantry, artillery, monsters, heroes, anything.

Anything I point my jezzails at don't exist after volley or two.
>>
>>48512738
Brb spending 2 hours before an hour long game discussing what's fair an then trying my hardest not to win cause that's what spergs online think counts as sportsmanship
>>
>>48512883
SHOCK GAUNTLETS. NO OTHER OPTIONS. All melee, no guns.

They make you 7 wounds instead of 6 per model, so you're tougher. But read the special effect for them.

Read it again.

"is a 6 or MORE"

This means Packmaster buffs (+1 to hit) scale up the effect, so rolls of 5 and 6 to hit become D6 hits. This can stack with Throt the Unclean AND Unpredictable Destruction (chaos army rule) meaning you can get up to 3+s turning into D6 hits. It's a STUPID number of hits you can generate. Far better than any other melee option we have for 300 points (or most armies, for that matter).
>>
>>48512887
the slaves to darkness are just kind of old bland models

if weren't for the over the top khorne symbols and skulls on everything I'd actually really like the bloodbound models (seriously? duel wielding spiky flails? what were they thinking)

but yeah I agree it won't be an easy road. My dremel would see much use and I'd need a lot of new helmets

It's probably just a bad idea... but I really like the idea of non-wizard and non-daemon tzeentch models. They may be mere pawns in his grand schemes, but they still play their part.
>>
>>48512926
Fucking what? Jezzails are probably the best shooting unit in the game, and certainly the best available to Chaos.
>>
>>48512959
>the slaves to darkness are just kind of old bland models
Eh your opinion

>dremel everything
If that's what you want to do, I implore you to post the results in this thread. Fucking spam it daily in the hopes that I see it.

Because I love dremels and the work they cause.
>>
>>48512942
How many do you run? I've fielded squads of 6 a few times and they're not that impressive.

6 shots generates an average (being generous) of 2-3 wounds which is 4-6 damage before any saves. That's nice, but not that impressive given their cost imo.
>>
>>48512947
here's your (you) for your post made out of straw
>>
>>48512984
I've got 7

perhaps you're forgetting battleshock and the value of killing wizards/heroes/damaging monsters?
>>
>>48512976
I'll have to see if I can pick up a full aos starter for cheap then
>>
>entitled skaven thinking jezzails are bad
>>
>>48513005
So most armies have ways to be immune to battleshock, or mitigate the effects. At least where I play.

Wizards and heroes with low wounds I'll grant you, they're good snipers. But ALL of the things you mentioned? Hellcannons do it better, and are also Chaos (48" range, 2d6 mortal wounds if you hit both shots).
>>
>>48513016
I don't think they're BAD, I just don't think they're "the best shooting unit in the game" when Hellcannons exist.
>>
>>48513006
why not buy the khorne half from ebay?
>>
>>48513033
>jezzails go first
>shoot the crew
>useless cannon sits there

>hellcannon goes first
>might charge forward
>on average deals 1-3 mortal wounds to jezzails
>jezzails shoot the crew

cool math hammer bro, and where am I supposed to buy a hellcannon?
>>
>>48513128
Hellcannons have 48" range, Jezzails are 30" range.

I wait to deploy my Hellcannon and place it in cover (+1 to my 4+ save) or just straight outside your range. 5/6 turns it doesn't move ANYWHERE, and just ignores caged fury.

I fire 2 shots at you, hitting on 3+ and causing 1d6 mortal wounds per hit, for an average of 4.66 mortal wounds to the unit. Higher if I buff my hit rolls in any way (which is easy with the Lord of War command trait).

You lose at least 2 Jezzails, possibly the entire unit since 2d6 gives me fairly swingy results with a high ceiling.

On your turn? You walk towards me, and still aren't in range. I fire again if you're still alive.

Or, more realistically, I snipe the single Battle Standard Chieftan you're using to keep your entire army from running away. Without the flag and battleshock immunity, my Chosen do cartwheels through your infantry units, which run off the board.
>>
File: laughing elves.jpg (102KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
laughing elves.jpg
102KB, 300x269px
>>48513164
>being this wrong
>>
>>48513202
I will grant you that there are ways to snipe Hellcannons with other units and other armies. But Jezzails will lose an average of 2 models (and 2 shots) per turn as they try to reach range.

There is no reason for the Chaos player to even put the cannon within line of sight since he can fire over obstacles and you cannot.

I've played a lot of match play games with and against Chaos (and as Skaven) since the GH came out, and Hellcannons ROCK people who aren't prepared for them with very, very specific abilities and units. 2d6 mortal wounds can absolutely ruin monsters while firing from behind terrain features with few ways to counter them.
>>
File: 2.jpg (25KB, 417x407px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
25KB, 417x407px
GW misspelling Tzeentch in their video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--EwW1JE8QY
>>
File: 1467243386814.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1467243386814.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>>48513250
Both in the thumbnail, the title and in the description
>>
>>48513250
>>48513276

>yfw that's just what they're renaming him.
>>
>>48513368
I could see it happening.
Featuring Korn, Seents and Nuggle
>>
>>48513447
>Nuggle
I lost my sides.
>>
New to AoS, got some questions about shooty units.

1. Can they shoot into combat?
2. Do they need Line of sight to shoot
3. Can they shoot over units?
>>
>>48513460
1. Yes
2. Yes, but a model can ignore models from its own unit when checking line of sight
3. Yes, as long as the unit isn't blocking their line of sight
>>
File: 1445467734371.jpg (83KB, 407x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445467734371.jpg
83KB, 407x600px
>>48513447
>Nuggle
>>
>>48513460
>>48513490
1 addendum: They can shoot in combat, and out of combat as well.
>>
>>48513447
Huggle Nuggle!

He'd appreciate it!
>>
how accepted in AoS is counts as. For example If I didn't want to buy units with a different arment, but had the same type of units, but with other weapons?
>>
>>48513447
Other changes will include going over all Orruk text and replacing every S with Z, every T with D and every ER with A.
>>
>>48513533
Depends on your community.
>>
>>48513490
>>48513497
ok Thanks, i guess that ends that then, i planned to have liberators hold a line, and judicators with crossbows pelt the enemy through them/over them.
>>
>>48513533
As long as you let your opponent know before hand then it should be kosher. Assuming you're playing casually.
>>
>>48513533
>how accepted in AoS is counts as.
Very little.
Since you are not paying for any equipment, having the correct mini is the least you can do.
>>
>>48513164
>hellcannon gets mauled by gutterrunner + assassin combo
>meanwhile the jezzails completely murder the chosen

I totally agree that Jezzail are not the do all end all unit, simply because they are costly as fuck, but a Skaven player has a lot of ways to deal with the opponents ranged game. And that isn't even mentioning a Scortchfyre coven digging behind your lines and putting 6d3 + 4d6 mortal wounds into any units they want.
>>
>>48513603
Yep, I don't disagree with any of that. I just didn't think Jezzails were the best ranged unit in the game.
>>
>>48513579
>>48513586
>>48513590
But what do the rule say, I don't want to start stuff and be at the mercy of my opponents saying something is legal or not.

What does playing casually mean?English is not my father language. Is it that type of playing without points? Because everyone here plays with points.
>>
>>48513669
There are no rules as there are no wepon options, each different unit has their own wepon type.
>>
>>48513603
Wtf is a Scortchfyre coven and how does it spit out that many mortal wounds?
>>
>>48513770
Multiole Warpfire templates
>>
>>48513747
Ok, let say I have the fly dudes from the starter box, they are a different units then identical fly dudes, with different weapons or different heros?
In infinity we normaly can use almost every model as a stand in.
But right now I have no one in my new area to play with, and my options are AoS, W40k or MtG. And out of those 3 AoS seems to the cheapest one.

Also can someone give me the link to AoS rules. From what I understand unit rules are free, but all the sectorial lists and extre stuff are spread through multiple books, which are not. Or am I wrong here too? the GW website is a horror to navigate.
>>
>>48511835
They are pretty much Attrition grind, we both die, i heal. They move faster than most other Death, but it's all about grinding them down
>>
>>48513791
What fly dude from which box? The nurgle?
>>
>>48512648
blood thirsters having 14 wounds... wait...
>>
>>48513815
Post said wound not kill.
>>
>>48513810
No the starter box. my store has a sell on them as they a lot of them and no one wants to buy them. I though I maybe buy the models from two, and have an army or a start of one. And before someone jumps on me for saying the starters sell bad, they do, but everything else seems to sell ok.
>>
>>48513584
Yeah, that's basically the crossbow judicators intended use.
>>
>>48513791
Here you go:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Rulesheets/warhammer-aos-rules-en.pdf

Get the AoS app, it has the rules and all warscrolls for free.
>>
>>48513590

>>48513533

Lmao no one cares anyone who does is a huge autist who you should avoid anyway
>>
>>48513810
He means flying dudes. The prosecutors.
>>
>>48513848
>Get the AoS app, it has the rules and all warscrolls for free.

Only the pre-AoS s rolls are free, newer ones cost moey.
>>
>>48513877
No they don't, only battalions cost money.
>>
>>48513848
yeah I kind of don't have a thingy to run an app on. But thanks I'll try learn the print out, and then just "forget" it from my home every time.
>>48513851
yeah well the same people that play w40k are very strickt when it comes to models, and that includes the store owner, So I was asking if AoS had simiular rules that prevent people from using the stuff they want.

by the way how good is the faction with the proscutors? I kind of a am interested in them, because I generaly like para troopers and fast moving thing, but if the army is weak or weaker then the red dudes I can pick those instead. Don't want an underpowered army, learned my lesson playing mercs in warmachine.
>>
>>48513791
The point is, in infinity using stand-ins is accepted everywhere because a lot of units simply don't have models and otherwise they'll be unplayable.

In AoS for each options it exist the correct model.

That doesn't mean that using prosecutors with hammers as prosecutors with javelins won't be accepted. In a lot of places your opponent will gladly allow it if it's not an asshole. But in tournaments it's usually required the correct minis.
>>
>>48513843
>Yeah, that's basically the crossbow judicators intended use.

Yeah, but i can't shoot through the liberators, so i guess i'll need to hit the enemy from the sides, so my judicators get a clear shot?

Also, can anyone answer me this

If i want to charge two units, and keep them close, can i roll for them both, and pick a charge range that enables them both to keep the same formation?

For example, i have liberators, and protectors behind them, i want them to advance as one, i charge the liberators, and move in total 9", without moving them, can i roll the charge for the protectors? So if the protectors get 6", i move my liberators and protectors 6" instead, to keep formation?
>>
>>48513890
Odd, several regular units are "padlocked" for me
>>
>>48509255
I think he is just b8
>>
>>48513900
What If I cut of the hammers and they have no weapons. Would it be ok then to switch them to javalins ?
>>
>>48513770
One of the Skryre formations. Expensive as fuck and you nuud a warp grinder, flamethrower teams, Stormfiends and a warlock for it. But it lets you place all that shit somewhere on the field with no roll and atleast 3" away from your opponent. If you max it out youll have 3 stormfoends doing the 6d3 mortals and 5 flamethrower doing 1d6 mortals each.
>>
>>48513956
You should really ask the people you're playing with what their standards are, not us. Don't cut up your models unnecessarily.
>>
>>48513914
Which?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-29-12-06-53.png (427KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-29-12-06-53.png
427KB, 720x1280px
>>48514039
First i came across.
>>
>>48514065
Try switching Selected Faction to Bretonnia
>>
Tell me about ardboys and gore-gruntas. Are they useless?

And am I seeing this right? If I just use one none-iron jawz unit, ardboys, brutes and gore-gruntas are no longe frontlineunits?
>>
>>48514101
That's right.
>>
>>48514110

That sucks monkeyballs.
>>
>>48514140
It kinda balances, since brutes are hella strong.
>>
>>48513975
Wait, when the units are placed each one taked d6 mortal wounds? Couldn't that just outright kill the Warlock and the Weapon Crews if you rolled bad?
>>
Okay, after last thread's discussion on allegiances and Nighthaunts, I came up with a little list that I think is viable, tell me what you think, please:

>Tomb Banshee (General, Lord of the Night)
>Cairn Wraith w/ Sword of Unholy Power
>Cairn Wraith
>3 Spirit Hosts
>3 Spirit Hosts
>5 Hexwraiths
>5 Hexwraiths
>Summoning Pool: 240 points, used for
>Morghast Harbingers

The idea is to sprinkle the three Heroes between the units to spread Deathless Minions out as far as it'll go so I can have unrendable 4+ and 5+ save-after-the-save for ridiculously fucking hardy units and then, as soon as I see a unit I want gone, I use the Sword of Unholy Power to plonk the Harbingers down in front of it.
>>
>>48514221
Only if you place them within 3" of the enemy. Keep a distance of 3" and a hair's breadth and you don't take damage at all, at the cost of having to make a charge roll that could potentially fail on snake eyes. If you just use it as a Warpfire Thrower delivery system, the damage will never even occur.
>>
>>48514005
my problem is that people here do not talk with other people that aren't already playing the game. It took me two weeks of bothering people to finaly be told by the shop owner that they do no run infinity, and he reacted only because he was rather pissed about me asking all the questions.

This is why I am asking for basic stuff, as I couldn't find any forum for local AoS groups, other then one which is invitation only, and one has to register at the store to join. From what I know they use it for tournaments etc.
>>
>>48514275
Ah, ok, thanks.
>>
>>48514255
Be aware that the FAQ restricted ruler of the night to the general's influence only - other heroes can spread deathless minions, but only at a 6+ save, not a 5+. And with all those rend-immune ethereal saves, your general might be better off taking the trait that makes them a wizard to try and cast mystic shield, though that depends on how many mortal wounds you generally face.

Personally, I prefer larger spirit host units to hexwraiths, but I could see the list working either way.

What I'd really like to see in there is a mourngul, but I'm not sure what you'd take out. The harbingers, sure, but you'd still need another 160 points....
>>
>>48514065
>>48514074
It is since the last update.
It doesn't mean anything.
You still can load and view them.
Just click the portait itself.
It's a bug. Like always.
>>
>>48514316
Yeah, the Mourngul is a bit overblown (and expensive, I mean holy shit), but if I had one, I could just toss 5 Hexwraiths and the Morghasts to put it in.
The main reason I chose 10 Hexwraiths was that I already have 5, so if I took five and another unit of Spirit Hosts, I'd be short 40 points I couldn't use. And 12 Spirit Hosts, 2 Banshees and 2 Cairn Wraiths is kinda not enough variation for my taste.

But thanks for the feedback. The Wizard trait could probably work, alternating between tossing even more mortal wounds or shielding something, but I kinda like that 4+/5+ on the Spirit Hosts hugging my Banshee... A trade-off basically. A bit less defense in exchange for flexibility.
>>
>>48514290
Sounds like you got a shitty fucking store. Try another one if you can, if not you might see about talking friends into playing as playing with folks you know is usually where most of the fun is
>>
So how does a 1000 point soulblight list work out? 520 points of core tax is a lot.
>>
>>48511955
you can have allegiance on any keyword, but only the grand alliances and newer battletomes (sylvaneth, bonesplitters) have allegiance abilities to claim.

Per the FAQ (though poorly worded and needing a further facebook post to clarify the 'clarification' that is actually errata), you can take one allegiance for battle line options (for instance, play an all-soulblight army for battle line blood knights), but then choose another for allegiance abilities and items (eg, that soulblight army can keep its battle line blood knights and still claim death allegiance for traits and items).

I'm AFB at the moment, so I don't know if troggoth allegiance in destruction or chaos get you battle line trolls, but if they do then you could get an all troll army and still have destruction or chaos abilities and items.

You are right, however, that in matched play specifically you're not technically allowed to mix destruction trolls and chaos trolls, and even in regular free or narrative play games where that's fine, doing so would cost you the alliance-based allegiance abilities, since your army would no longer be a 'destruction' or 'chaos' army.
>>
>>48514290
That sounds weird as fuck. Do you live in Saudi Arabia or something?
>>
>>48514421
It isn't really a tax if it's the only really damage dealing choice you've got...
>>
>>48514382
if you stick with smaller units as you have now, then the aura buff of ruler of the night is much better than the single-unit buff of mystic shield, especially when the latter can be dispelled.

Maybe one big unit of 6 spirit hosts, and one little unit of 3? Something to consider.

Also, the Mourngul is one of FW's more reasonably priced models, actually, so you might want to look into it. Alternatively, it's about the same size as the Necron Nightbringer model, which, as a giant wraith, looks right at home in a Nighthaunt army, and the Mourngul's rules are a perfect fit for it. If your group is cool with counts-as substitutions, it's an option you might consider as well.

Mostly, though, Nighthaunts suffer from the difficulty expanding. They can work at 1k points, but don't really have sufficient variety (mostly in terms of lacking native casters and monstrous heroes) necessary to really work in larger games, and it's hard to just mix them in with other stuff (apart from zombies) because none of their units stay battle line if you do.

Hopefully whenever they get their own battle tome, they'll be one of the lucky subfactions that get a few actual new models, and not just the same units called a bunch of different things....
>>
>>48514476
Vargheists are pretty hurty - though admittedly not as much as blood knights - as are dragon-mounted vampire lords. I wouldn't say blood knights are the only damage-dealing option they've got.

That said, yeah, blood knights are hecka pricey, and you don't get a lot of room left over to work with at 1,000 points.
>>
anyone got any advice for a Stormcast 1000 point army? So far i have this.

Thunderstrike brotherhood
-------------------------

Sigmarite Shield Wall: If an enemy unit attacks a Judicators unit from a Thunderhead Brotherhood, check whether it is possible to draw a straight line from the attacking unit to a model in the target unit without crossing within 1" of any of the brotherhood’s Liberators. If it is not possible, add 1 to any save rolls you make for the Judicators unit.

Wellspring of Thunder: Whilst a unit from this battalion is within 8" of at least two others, it is thundercharged; you can re-roll wound rolls of 1 for models in thatunit.

3x5 liberators
2x5 judicators - Crossbows
1x5 Protectors
1x1 Celestant on foot

The protectors i want to stand behind my liberators and stab at things, however because the crossbow units can't fire through my liberators apprently, i'm not sure what to do, as i was going to use them to murder the enemy while they were dealing with my liberators.
>>
>>48514476

Okay fine: Requirement.

I'm the guy who was thinking of using Dragon Princes as them last night, and now that I actually look at the army composition properly, 1000 points doesn't seem too viable as a result. Still, at 2000 having a lot of high point cost models makes for a pretty cheap army, so that's nice.
>>
>>48513906
>Yeah, but i can't shoot through the liberators,
Of course you can. Just keep them 1" separated so that your judicators can see between them.
>>
>>48514552
Ah i see, would i be able to attack the whole unit then if i can see a few units through my liberators?
>>
>>48514499
Yeah, if I ever go to 1500 points, I'd double up on the Spirit Hosts, playing two units of 6.

>Hopefully whenever they get their own battle tome, they'll be one of the lucky subfactions that get a few actual new models, and not just the same units called a bunch of different things....
The good thing is that they can't give Nighthaunts the Savage Orc treatment. The only possible variant in the kits is already a different unit: Black Knights. Unless of course they decide to make the three different head choices of the Cairn Wraith count as three different units.

Though I doubt any other Death faction will ever get a Battletome in the first place.
>>
>>48514580
>BATTLETOME: DEATHRATTLE NOW!
>>
>>48514580
I want a Deadwalker Fleshcrafter book.
>>
>>48514547
Battle line blood knights are the only reason to go for pure soulblight? If you don't want to do a blood knight heavy list, then just play regular death and field 120 points of zombies, 200 points of ghouls, or 280 points of chariots, and have 700+ points left over for whatever vampire or otherwise stuff you actually want.
>>
Okay, so in a GW store there was an Ironjaws Vs Fyreslayers example game they were running people through to try to sell them on matched play... And it had a points imbalance where the Fyreslayers were below 1000 points but the Ironjaws around 1060. Is there some kinda etiquette for just kinda softballing the points limits, or was that blackshirts being fags?
>>
>>48514547
I think 1000 points is perfectly viable, just limiting.

Either you play:

>Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon
>5 Blood Knights
>5 Blood Knights
(This one has the most balls-out power, but will be decidedly unhelpful for holding objectives)

or

>Vampire Lord on Nightmare
>5 Blood Knights
>5 Blood Knights
>5 Blood Knights
>2 Bat Swarms
(this one has the most fragile Lord possible, but three units of Blood Knights should prove scary enough that nobody will have firepower to spare for your Lord)

or

>Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror
>5 Blood Knights
>5 Blood Knights
>3 Vargheists
>2 Bat Swarms
(this one has a decently survivable Lord, though unfortunately the Lord on Terror has comparatively little support utility)
>>
>>48514664
Well, let me say it this way: The example game in the General's Handbook had one army over 1000 points, too.
>>
>>48514656

I was mostly looking into more specific lists that avoided horde battleline. I'm hardly complaining about expensive cavalry core directly, in fact low model count and thus IRL money is a bonus. Just noticing this isn't really a good setup for 1000 point games due to 520 core + leader costs not leaving room for other shit.
>>
>>48514670

That last one looks pretty decent, I'd forgotten about the Abyssal Terror being a thing.

Hmm... What could I convert one from?
>>
>>48514467
Poland.
>>
>>48514664
I've heard about allowing going above the points limit as long as the margin is smaller than the points cost of your cheapest unit.
>>
>>48514593
I'd prefer they actually wait on any other undead battletomes until they're ready to release some actual new models for them. I'd rather deathrattle & nighthaunts didn't get the flesh eaters / bone splitters treatment.

I suppose soulblight could be released as a battle tome as is, but i wouldn't personally want to see it until they had plastic blood knights to go with.

What I really want to see is Deathrattle re-worked as a necropolis theme (both the dead of the city, and the city itself fighting via animated statues & gargoyles), incorporating some re-imagined tomb king statue units. necroknights as wights riding animated gargoyles, ushabti and bone giants as animated statues of gods & city leaders, wight king / skeletal lich on a sphynx as a big monster kit, along with the skeletons and black knigths and such we already have.

What will probably get instead is skeletons-with-swords and skeletons-with-spears as two different units, black knights and black-knights-with-their-heads-on-fire as two different units, and the finecast wight king with black axe dropped in favor of 'black blade' and 'deathless armor' becoming artifacts available to the plastic wight king, left as the only hero option.

le sigh.
>>
>>48514664
>>48514680
The person with less points also gets a unit upgrade in the form of choosing rerolls to hit, wound, or save on a single unit in the rules.

Whether or not that means you CAN go over is anyone's guess. I would say that up to 40-50 is the upper limit, with 20-30 points being more sportsmanlike.

In real tournaments, I would assume the point limit would be hard and they wouldn't use the handicap rules, given that a lot of armies seem to hover around the 40-60 point below cap mark.
>>
>>48514707

You could loophole that pretty harshly by just taking only very expensive units, hitting 980 then taking one more battleline unit and passing 1100.
>>
>>48514722

Flesh-eaters getting 7 new units without getting a single new kit is kinda hilarious to me.
>>
>>48514707
>play ogre monster mash
>get free unit of battleline behemoths

Not good.
>>
>>48514687
I'm telling you, man, skeleton chariots. The poster above with the 3 sample lists had good suggestions for soublight, all three of those lists look playable and fun at 1,000 points,

but if you just want to field a non-horde death battle line, without restricting yourself to a narrow theme or spending an arm and a leg on required slots, skeleton chariots are the way to go.

Yeah, the official models are a bit of a pain to get (though they used to be super common, so not as hard as some other tomb kings stuff), but generic chariot models aren't too hard to find, neither are 3rd party skeleton horses, or you can just use black knight steeds, and regular VC skittle models can serve as crew.

MSU ghouls also work, as their numbers bonus isn't as big a deal to them (they have 2 attacks already, and without reach the bonus attack they get from size is kind of hard to take advantage of, anyway).
>>
>>48514729
>>48514743
That's why it's etiquette and not a rule
>>
Where I play, the points limits are hard limits. With units purchased in batches and no separate upgrade purchases, it can be hard to come out ot exact values, but as mentioned there's a bonus for the player who spent fewer points, so having 20 points left over is often an advantage anyway.

And before anyone asks, reserve points for summoning count towards your spent points, so an army of 800 points with 200 points reserve 'spent' more points than a player who just fields 980 points with no reserve.

In general, it's something to briefly go over with your opponent before playing, as with measuring from bases, etc. If you'll recall, GW was never super strict about points costs before, either. Plenty of WD battle reports have armies that go over slightly, starter box forces have rarely been points balanced, etc.
>>
Well shit. I bought loads of Warhammer stuff, put them together, got some books.

Started painting, and find out i'm allergic to the paints. Coughing up mucus and shit. Ugh.
>>
>>48514706
Well, that explains everything.
>>
>>48514699
Maybe some dark eldar beast bits?
>>
I feel there should be some sort of balance point between "Summoning is retardedly powerful" and "summoning is deep strike with a harsher failure chance and also uses up one of your wizard's casting attempts this turn".
>>
>>48514699
>Hmm... What could I convert one from?
Well, you could go with the mortarch model and just convert neferata or mannfred into a generic hero with head/weapon swaps.

Or you could get one of the old islands of blood high elf griffons - out of print, but shouldn't be too expensive or hard to find on the secondary market - and convert the rider to be more vampyric (upper torso swap?), and the beast to be more undead (plastic dire wolf head? replace one wing with a 3rd party batwing?replace legs with spiked hooks? green stuff?).

Or convert a vampyric rider for a cockatrice? Or a manticore? or an empire griffon?

I'd start with that island of blood griffon, myself. Fair bit of work, though.
>>
>>48514790
Paint Nurgle, people will mistake your nasal discharges as extra gloss work and praise you for it later.
>>
>>48514807
I agree, but unfortunately that would probably require a heavier revision than just a paste-over blanket rule, which is all they really had to work with at the moment. Perhaps if this game sees a second edition, they might take a closer look at the issue?

In the mean time, I hope most summoning spells are just replaced with healing spells (undead) or outright deep strike abilities that don't come with all the drawbacks of having to successfully cast a spell (daemons, seraphon).
>>
>>48508621
Giants from the realm of beasts would have fur and bones wrapped around theyre bodies.
>>
How do Stormcast stack up to Ogres? I went up against an Ogre/Beastclaw player with my Daemons and just got tabled. Their damage and durability are off the fucking charts. Even with the increased staying power of the Lightning Lads I'm worried about facing that army again.
>>
>>48514790
do you have the same reaction when the paints are dry? Or just when they're wet? And is it just from breathing the fumes, or does it affect your eyes and skin, too?

If it's just from breathing, and only when wet, you could get an air filter mask.

Otherwise, you might look into whether a different line of paint might not have the same problems for you.
>>
>>48508621
Honestly it looks bad. It looks like the sort of thing someone would slap together with bits because they're too cheap to buy anything, and then everyone feels too uncomfortable to say something about. It doesn't fit any Orruk theme and it just looks like a pile of junk. Which would work for 40k, but this isn't 40k.
>>
>>48514855
Could do, maybe nurgle sigmarines? Gah, the thought of it.

>>48514889
Less so, i paint for a bit with a mask on, fan on, by the window, and within minutes i'm coughing up crap. I could try water based paints, but would they even stick to it?
>>
>>48508621
looks fine to me, but I'm very forgiving as a rule. You'll want to check with the event runners in advance, they're the only ones who can really give you a solid ruling.
>>
File: t047_r03390_v6-02.jpg (28KB, 400x292px) Image search: [Google]
t047_r03390_v6-02.jpg
28KB, 400x292px
>>48514911
>Less so, i paint for a bit with a mask on, fan on, by the window, and within minutes i'm coughing up crap.
Are you using a proper air filter mask for shop workers, or just one of those cheap paper ones for sick people? If you're using the paper mask and it helps a little but enough, try upgrading.

Otherwise... I haven't heard of people painting minis in watercolor. Should be possible, but I'm not sure what kind of primer you'd need.

People used to use oil paints for minis. Again, I'm not sure what primer you'd use. particularly thin guesso, maybe? But I know it used to be a thing, so there's definitely a way to do that, just google around some.

Down sides are that the paints will likely be more expensive (though maybe not, hobby paint markups are crazy), and that you'd need to clean your brushes with turpentine (and if you're allergically susceptible to strong chemical fumes, that's probably not going to be great for you), and paint layers will take literal days to dry. Up side is, actual, for-real blending can be done.
>>
>>48514962
>a little but enough
a little but *not enough
>>
>>48514962
I'll try that, thanks!
>>
>>48514737
>Flesh-eaters getting 7 new units without getting a single new kit is kinda hilarious to me.

I know, right? I'd be more angry if it weren't so ridiculous.

It does get frustrating with matched play's batch pricing, though. If you make a ghast courtier out of one model in a box of ghouls, the rest of the box becomes basically worthless.
>>
>AoS starter set comes with three Retributors including a Prime
>Start Collecting has two Retributorz including the same Prime model

It's easy enough to convert one to be less Prime-y but it's still annoying.
>>
>>48514999
gods, I just realized that when they do the eventual nighthaunt battle tome, those three different head options that the cairn wraith has are going to be three different units, aren't they?

*le biggest of sighs*
>>
>>48511835
Bump for more opinions, thinking of getting this box today but still unsure.
>>
>>48514664
They prolly just went over the points limit so the orcs could have a full squad of cool units

It is an advertisement after all

People at my lgs play strict
>>
>>48511490
Nothing wrong with the Troglodon. It's only 200 points and has a lot of unique functionality.

It's not going to deal as much damage as a Stegadon or survive as much punishment as a Bastiladon, but that's not what the Troglodon is about.
>>
>>48514999

Why not convert a Ghast courtier from spare parts and a clampack guy then?
>>
>>48515046

Boss on krusha, brutes, ardboys, pigs.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 221x228px
I just got the Seraphon starter set and now my friends are telling me the Knights are worthless, wheh they're like my favorite models. Are they all that bad?
>>
Any guesses as to when/if they are going to release a korgorath?

Or the next updated army?

So far i gathered that the new armys are sigmarines, sylvanth, fyreslayers, oruks? any i have missed?
>>
>>48515022
Or you could buy two boxes of normal Paladins, build 4 Starsoul Maces and 1 normal Retributor, then toss those together so you get 2 5-man Retributor units with 2 Maces each and can make the remaining 5 Paladins into Protectors.

Sure that's expensive, but also the most effective way of doing it.

>>48515028
Are you trying to irritate people with your painful memespeak or does that come naturally to you?

>>48515059
>Clampack
>Flesh-Eaters
AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>48515045
Well, massed low saves is still an issue, though the death faction and command traits can help. Lack of hammer units can also be a problem. Horrors/Flayers/Monsters aren't terrible in this regard, but they're not going to hit like Ironjaws or Ogors.

I'm not saying flesh eaters are bad, but the specific problems you had with daemons make me think this subfaction might not be the best fit for you.

Honestly, I would recommend writing a couple lists and proxying a couple battles before committing with a major purchase.
>>
>>48515111
>Are you trying to irritate people with your painful memespeak or does that come naturally to you?

Both.
>>
>>48515080
Your friends are dumbasses is what. They used to be kinda-sorta subpar before points were introduced, but now they're great, especially with a Skink Starpriest running along them for that sweet poison bite buff.
>>
I just uploaded the 4 Battleplans for Season of War on The Awesome Library of Rho-Mu 31. Maybe you're interested.
>>
>>48515111

No like, pick a clampack you like, ghoul him up a touch with spare parts.

Necromancer, off the top of my head? Sure there's plenty of options.
>>
To any Death/ Chaos players, have the special rules GW giving out for the Season of War helping in your games?
>>
>>48515146
Nah, but then again I've already been winning all my campaign games. Not that I'm a great player or anything, just haven't come up against any really hard opponents.

It wouldn't matter if they did help anyone win more games, though. Whether through games won or units painted, campaign results are still going to come down more or less to how many people play each faction, And with half the oldhammer armies sorted into Order, and order getting most of the new stuff since, well...
>>
>>48515146
Since my timetable doesn't really allow me to just suddenly make time for wargaming, these bonuses are less than worthless for me, as I literally could not visit my store when the Chaos bonus was in effect.

Completely aside from my personal scheduling issues, I think these boons are stupid, particularly the limited artifacts. I prefer to pick one of those artifacts and then convert my model to actually fit that artifact before I give it to them, and doing that for an artifact that's only viable for 48 hours is kinda stupid.
Like my Chaos Runeblade-carrying Lord of Plagues, whom I converted to hold a fuckhueg Kurnoth Hunter Scythe instead of his rusty ax.

>>48515144
I think the best thing you could find as a base for a Crypt Ghast Courtier would be a The Hobbit goblin.
>>
>>48515144
>Necromancer, off the top of my head?

that could probably work pretty well. If I ever do a flesh eaters force myself, I'll keep that in mind.

Doesn't help for the flayer & horror courtiers, but since they come 3 to a box, making one of each only leaves a single leftover model instead of nine, so it's not as big a problem.
>>
So I have been playing Age of Sigmar for the past few months with my BloodBound.

They have been fun but as a swarm army are annoying to travel with sometimes and I wanted to play a more elite army with my friends. Something terrifying to say the least.

So I saw the Varanguard and thought that I would consider taking these guys as my start up for 1000pts is a clean $240 so the investment isn't killer for someone with a budget.

Along with an easy entry level between the Gaunt Summoner and the Varanguard I get the chance to build and paint some of the most gorgeous models GW has ever put out for chaos which is fantastic for me as I can easily make 6 unique Varanguard from the kit so my army can be super personalized with names for each of my knights and really go wild on the painting. I'm more of a showcase painter then an army painter and these will look gorgeous when finished.

Here is how I believe think the points break down goes as I was only able to breeze through the Generals Handbook:

Allegiance Everchosen:

Leader: Gaunt Summoner 140pts

Battleline: 3 Varanguard 360pts

Battleline: 3 Varanguard 360pts

Summoning Pool: 140pts

A few questions for my more mathhammer accustomed friends if you could help a painter, not exactly a gamer.

I have 140pts of summoning reserve, mainly for summoning deamons to take and hold objectives. I know you have to pay in the chunks so which Deamons should I focus on summoning. Are there solid deamon squads in the 70 pt range so I could just drop 2 squads or do I have to invest in just a bigger unit.

Any ideas of what to summon?

Do I need to pay points for a Realm Gate or can I just buy the model and place it as a terrain piece during game set up for my Gaunt Summoner?

And finally which loadout for the Varanguard is the best? I have only 6 of these guys and I want to get the best bang for my buck.
Ensorcelled Weapon
Fellspear
Deamonforged Blade

Any help is appreciated!
>>
>>48515111
Aren't Starsoul Maces one to a box? Otherwise it seems like a fine idea.
>>
Fantasy player here. Rebasing my old Warriors of Chaos. I'm pretty confused by the rules in the General's Handbook- is it really only 80 points for the Battalion of Chaos Warriors? It says "at least X" models on a lot of the entries within the Battalion, how do I even cost this?

tl;dr how do I even construct an army, and what do I even put in it these days?
>>
>>48515274
you pay for the units in the battalion as normal, then you pay the battalion price on top of that to get the battalion's extra special rules.
>>
File: 20160729_060244.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20160729_060244.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
Working on this Bloodsecrator... what yall think??
>>
>>48515199
For 140 points you can get a unit of 10 horrors to sit on an objective and throw flames at enemies.

Squads of 5 Furies are 60 points each but not very useful.
>>
>>48515199
AFB, so I can't help with summoning suggestions, but as for the weapons on your varanguard, that's entirely dependent on how armored you expect your opponents to be. If you expect little or no armor, ensorcelled weapons are better. Some armor, and you might consider fellspear for the extra rend on the charge. Lots of armor, especially rend immune, and the ability of daemonforged blades to put out some mortal wounds can be worthwhile.

Generally speaking, though, I prefer the ensorcelled weapons.
>>
>>48515195

Make the third courtier your Varghulf. The difference in size between Vargheists and Varghulfs is almost nil.
>>
>>48515346
Bit of a hasslesome conversion to make it recognizeably different from a flayer courtier, though.
>>
>>48515199
>Any ideas of what to summon?
With 140 points, you actually have a lot of options, but the only way to summon more than one unit with that little is to focus on:
>1 Beast of Nurgle for 60 points
>1 Fiend of Slaanesh for 60 points
>5 Furies for 60 points
>3 Nurgling bases for 80 points
>1 Seeker Chariot for 80 points

If you're okay with summoning just 1 unit, you can use those points for 10 Pink Horrors, which would both be useful and fit 140 exactly.

>And finally which loadout for the Varanguard is the best?
I personally prefer the Fellspears. They aren't *that* much worse than the Ensorcelled Weapons outside the charge and a fair bit better on the charge. The Ensorcelled Weapons are also pretty damn good, with 6 attacks and Rend.
The only one I would definitely not recommend are the Daemonforged Weapons. They are basically Skullreaper Daemonblades, but shit. Their potential damage output is 2 lower than the other two and they also have a chance of turning on you. I mean, Skullreaper Daemonblades at least deal their mortal wound ON TOP of the normal damage, but not these piece of shit weapons.
Seriously, save the Daemonforged Weapons for conversions, they look amazing, but they're shit. If you so desperately need Mortal Wounds, the Gaunt Summoner and the Herald of Tzeentch he summons will provide them.
>>
>>48512926
>>Ratling gun
>You're gonna get 14 average shots, and wound like 5? For 80 points I'm not impressed when Warpfire throwers exist.

I know this is like 5 hours old but holy fuck this couldn't be more wrong. You have clearly never even seen or used these units.

Ratling guns shit all over Warpfire throwers, to the point where warpfire throwers honestly can't justify existing (outside of the Skryre formation) when it's only a 20 pts difference.
>>
Since Stormcast ladies are canon, this is an important question.

Are they into snu-snu?
>>
>>48515265
There's 2 per box.

>>48515355
Not necessarily, just give it a Vargheist head and give it a big ruff of fur on the back and neck, either with Vargheist parts or green stuff.
>>
>>48515130
Probably was just a holdover from when they were using wounds to balance. 120 feels good for 5 of them.
>>
>>48515393

Slight variations in paint scheme help if you're concerned that the main difference is the head.
>>
>>48515367
Probably not, given the whole 100% devotion to serving sigmar's military goals, 0% left over for fun distractions aspect of Stormcasts as a whole.
>>
>>48515393
>Not necessarily, just give it a Vargheist head and give it a big ruff of fur on the back and neck, either with Vargheist parts or green stuff.

if you give it vargheist wings, vargheist head, and vargheist back fur, then it isn't a varghulf, it's just a vargheist. Probably a workable counts-as in most groups, but personally, when and if I ever add flesh eaters to my undead, I'll just pick up the varghulf model proper.
>>
>>48515416
Hey, the Stormcasts party after great victories, they are not 100% nofunallowed
>>
File: strigoi.jpg (192KB, 887x1000px) Image search: [Google]
strigoi.jpg
192KB, 887x1000px
>>48515144

How about something like this?
>>
>>48515274
You look in the generals handbook and look at the points section, they are in the compendium. I'll use some blood warriors from the BloodBound section for my example.

There will be the unit entry, their type (Leader, Battleline, Artillery, Behemoth, or nothing meaning normal), the Minimum size for the squad (Blood Warriors are min 5), the Maximum size for the squad ( I think 30 for warriors) and points (its 100 for the warriors).

So what this means is that you take the points value and that equals the min sized unit. so a Unit of 5 Blood Warriors = 100pts. If you want to increase the squad you do so by simply buying them in min sized chunks, so I would have to buy more warriors for my squad in qroups of five at 100 a pop. So a 15 man Bloodwarrior unit is 300pt.

If you have say 14 Blood warriors for some reason and want to play them all there is no "points per model" anymore. You would have to pay the 300pts for the 15 bloodwarriors and just put 14 down, missing out on the extra dude and being slightly less optimized than the full 15.

There are no unit upgrade options that cost points anymore, you read the warscroll for the unit and the options are explained to you and you build what you want.

For example, A chaos sorcerer lord on its warscroll says that you can have him on foot OR mounted on a chaos steed. You don't have to pay any points to give him the horse, its all built into the cost.

So chaos warriors no longer pay for command with the champion, the banner and the musician are all free as long as you model them.

Its super simple now. Just figure out which sized game you are playing in the Pitched Battle section (1000, 2000, 2500) and they will have restrictions on Leaders, Battleline requirements, Artillery, and Behemoths. Then just build your army with the Generals Handbook.

Battalions have costs. So you get all the models, pay the points for them, then pay the extra points cost to unlock the battalion's special rules for those units.
>>
>>48515456
Holy crap, someone made the old-as-fuck Strigoi models look good.

I mean, that does look great, but good luck finding those models, because they've been oop for quite some time.
>>
>>48515436

In a pure flesh eaters army, there are no Vargheists. Obviously more of a problem for general undead.
>>
>>48515486

This was made by Bruticus over on exprofundis. I don't think it's an old model, iirc it's made from the savage orc boss with ghouly bits added.
>>
>>48515467
and let me guess all units cap at 5 or 10, but come in boxs that have 3 or some other uneven number of models like 6 or 8?
>>
>>48515396
Jumping onto this train, what is the damage output of Seraphon like? I really want to play an army that hits hard enough to punch through most enemies.
>>
>>48515574
Most come in the same size you buy them at, with some exceptions that have a couple more than you need. There are no units that require you to buy two or more boxes for one unit, but there are plenty that come with enough that 2 boxes will make you 3 units.
>>
>>48515452
Yep, they have feasts where they get drunk and get stuffed on lightning cooked meat. If are into culinary pleasure, then perhaps they are into carnal pleasures as well.
>>
> Reforged souls trapped in golden and blue armor
> Use electrical magic for all their teleportation, shooting, and melee needs
> When they die they can be resurrected
>When they are "killed" they teleport back to Sigmar to be respawned
>Their army phases out when they are clearly losing a fight
>When reforged they begin to lose a pieces of their humanity and souls, becoming more heartless, less human and more like automatons.
>Their Leaders have character, but the rest of the army is just different variations of the same gold plate.

I'm confused, are Stormcasts just Thousand Sons in a fantasy setting or Necrons in a fantasy setting?
>>
>>48515574
Only on the older models is this sometimes an issue. With anything new being released they usually give you exactly what you need to make a minimum for any unit in the box.

This guy >>48515603 is also right about a lot of the times being able to buy 2 boxes get three units on many of the older units.
>>
>>48515622
They are not trapped in golden armour. They can take it off and do whatever they want.

They are just good guy Warriors of Chaos. That's all to it. The reason why Chaos doesn't do as Sigmar does with continuing to bring them back from death is because they have a lot of mortals serving them that they don't have to.
>>
>>48515619
>>48515452
>>48515416
>The starlight shining through the narrow window of Makvar’s chamber illuminated the figure that quickly shifted around the open door. The Lord-Celestant recognised the enticing presence, the sensuous curves of slender limbs and the alluring swell of a generous bosom. Framed by her raven tresses, the pale face of Neferata was a vision of beauty to melt even the stoniest heart. The soft smile that flickered across her red lips was at once both innocent and suggestive. With a kick of her bare foot, she closed the door behind her.

>Even a heart of stone would have been roused by the voluptuous vampire as she entered the room, but Makvar’s spirit had been forged from unyielding sigmarite, not simple stone. Yes, he could recognise the charms of his visitor, appreciate the enticing lure, but they presented no temptation to him. Neferata realised that fact when she saw the sword still clenched in his hand.

If Nef's ample bosom and curves can't tempt a Stormcast, then I don't think anything will.
>>
>>48515581
Seras aren't really a burst damage army. They have some sledgehammers, but they also have a lot of tough stuff with generally decent survivability. Similarly, Saurus Knights, despite being cavalry, aren't all that fast. In fact, the Skink Starpriest that should always tag along with them is actually faster despite the fact that he's on foot.
If you want to hit fast and hard with Seras, you're gonna be dependent on Carnosaurs and Chameleon Skinks.

>>48515574
Most units come in the same unit size as their box or maybe even less than that. River Trolls are bought in boxes of three and play in unit sizes of 3, Morghasts are sold in pairs and costed in pairs. Though there are a few annoying exceptions to that, particularly old metal minis that are sold individually, like Maneaters or Stone Trolls.
>>
>>48515673
What Order armies are hard hitting, then? Stormcast?
>>
>>48515795
If you play them correctly, yes.
Retributors + Knight-Vexillor is a popular tactic among Stormcast players, as it can teleport one of the scariest melee units right where you want it to go and Dracothian Guard is also pretty damn killy.

A mobile Wanderer list with big blobs of Glade Guard and several units of Wildwood Rangers can also take the opponent apart quickly.

And of course a Freeguild army focusing on Demigryph Knights with support from a General on Griffon and an Amber Wizard on horseback (no, not on Griffon) and a couple Outriders as ranged support is fast and can deal some impressive damage.
>>
Anyone else had readium just up and vanish from their computer? Fucking bizzare.
>>
File: 1454490135788.png (59KB, 194x186px) Image search: [Google]
1454490135788.png
59KB, 194x186px
>>48515300

>no blood red and brass armour
>>
>>48515908

Also no file transfer service I can find is letting me successfully transfer epubs to my ipad. Google drive? Dropbox? Mailbigfile? Nothing seems to work.
>>
>>48515908

you have to launch readium through the chrome browser now
>>
>>48515958

...I removed chrome because it was absolutely worthless to me, but kept using Readium for a while. The fuck?
>>
New thread
>>48516116
>>48516116
>>48516116
>>
File: image.jpg (591KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
591KB, 1920x1080px
>>48515939
>Implying every Khorne army has to be red...

Dude I know a number of people that don't paint Khorne units red. It's the most boring baseline color for them.

I paint my Bloodbound yellow myself. It looks really nice on the tabletop when all put together.
>>
>>48515467

ty for the explanation, I get it now I think. What should I be taking these days, anyway? I have a ton of Warriors, a ton of Knights and a ton of Marauders, can I do something like that? How do marks work these days, can I run my dudes as all Khorne or all Slaanesh or something or is it just a modelling thing?
>>
>>48511527
Age of myth started 10,000+ years ago, as this is when Grimnir fought Vulcatrix. Age of chaos is when Chaos first made a concentrate push into the Mortal Realms. That was 1,000 years ago. Sigmar closed the gates to Azyr 500 years ago. The amount of time that has passed since the starter set released, is the amount of time since the Age of Sigmar began and the Stormcast Eternals were first cast out into the Mortal Realms.
>>
>>48515195
I converted a Dark Eldar Homunculous as a foot slogging ghoul King, so there are some good models to kitbash.
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.