[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 30

File: guild.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
guild.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
Breaking News: Levi was nerfed!

books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 28mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
New Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/114900-gaining-grounds-2016/
>>
Forums claim the lady with the pad in the background is "Allison Dade" from In Defence Of Innocence, the TTB adventure. She apparently has stats in TTB, so if anyone has that adventure pls spoil her stats.
>>
Old - >>48419904
>>
>>48505227
beat me to it.
>>48505266
>>
>>48505301
Can you delete yours so we dont risk splitting people?
>>
>>48505227
>28mm
32 mang

But anyways, getting back into malifaux after a long break. Was thinking of sticking with raspy for a while. So far I've just got the box set. Is the essence of power worth it, or will I just be sticking with the wendigo more often than not?
>>
>>48505287
She is. Also Witchling Thralls, Death Marshal Recruiter and no idea about the old DM guy.
>>
>>48505320
Wendigo is great, i don't know why you would ever not take it.

You really need Silent Ones and December Acolytes for true raspy goodness. Blessed of December is also thematic but less needed and Snow Storm is amazing!
>>
>>48505227
It's just me, or rightmost sword is somehow unnaturally shifted?
>>
>>48505412
Yeah it turns from horizontal to vertical.
>>
>>48505365
Blessed of December is quite brutal in my experience. Though it's better if you summon it via Myranda afaik.
>>
>>48505423
I agree but he's already got Ice Golem, if his priority is just getting some of the basic models he will need Blessed Of December does overlap with Ice Golem somewhat.
>>
>>48505365
I was just thinking of it from the point of bumping raspy up to ca 8 on her main spell, but also potentially getting that positive flip if i use a stone.

The last time I used the wendigo I didn't feel like i was able to get much done. Probably because I had no idea what I was doing.
>>
>>48505505
He eats the enemy scheme runners.
>>
>>48505505
https://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/M2E+Wendigo
>>
>>48505227
Glad to see new witch-hunter stuff. I wonder if journalists and sky pirates will get more models beyond what has been shown so far.
>>
>>48505981
Not in this wave it looks like. Still Sky Pirates will theoretically be sort of thematic with Merris Lacroix and Sparks will play well with Iron Skeeters i imagine.
>>
Had my first game yesterday.
This is a good game.
[Spoiler]Only played 20ss, took well over an hour, gave me a headache.
This game is really complex.[/spoiler]
>>
>>48506588
Well, shit.

We only played Reckoning, no Schemes too.

Besides obsessively reading the cards, and obviously moar gaems, how do folks familiarise themselves with their crews?
>>
>>48506624
Looking at pull my finger and seeing what sort of combos and basic strategies the crew is good at.
>>
>>48506624
You can read http://pullmyfinger.wikispaces.com/ for some summaries and potential tricks and combos you've overlooked.
In my experience having a pdf of the rulebooks on your tablet when you are going to shit also helps with being up to date with the meta.

Also do you already own a crew, or was it just a demo you've played?
>>
>>48506624
Buy the rulebook physically, its dirt cheap and its much faster than a pdf, especially if you stuck sole bookmarks in it
>>
>>48506664
I have the Showgirls box.
When I bought it (for the models) the guy told me I had picke done of the most complex and synergy-heavy boxes going.
He wasn't kidding about how many cross-card interactions go on.
>>
>>48506784
New filetype to replace PDFs when?
>>
>>48506784
Out of curiosity, are the scenarios and strategies the same in the Rulebook and the Core Book? Other than the story scenarios of course.
>>
>>48506909
There are some new ones, released this year. You can check them out here:
http://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2016/1/22/gaining-grounds-2016
>>
What have I missed with nerfs? Do we have a major rebalence inc?
>>
>>48507082
Leviticus got cuddled. Check the july errata
>>
What do you guys use as scheme markers besides empty bases?
>>
>>48507434
trim the faction logos off the boxes.
>>
Has anyone ever tried a blight crew (not a rat engine) outside of Hamelin? Nix seems like a really good henchman on his own and his metal model is pretty kickass. I've been thinking of getting the old metal and maybe some winged plague and running Nix+Hounds+Plague for some interesting blight action and a lot of scheme power/activation control. I think it could work pretty well with Tara running around the board with eternal journey or maybe to force the enemy to spread out so Misaki/Viks/VS can pick off foes.
>>
>>48507761
I suppose this question will become more relevant when we find out if theres a new hound in wave 4.
Neverborn got one in wave 3, so perhaps thunders or arcanists will get one? A frosty wolf for Marcus and Rasputina? Perhaps something as an alternative to Guild Hounds for thunders McCabe?
>>
>>48507973
As a TT McCabe player myself, I would love to see hounds of some sort that don't use up his infiltration slots, especially with Master Queeg coming out.
>>
does neverborn have anything apart from dreamer in the way of condition removal?
>>
File: st-bernard-barrel-collar-xl.jpg (105KB, 775x675px) Image search: [Google]
st-bernard-barrel-collar-xl.jpg
105KB, 775x675px
>>48508066
Presumably we will see 1-2 more Oni in the TT lineup. Why not an Oni Hound? Anyone know any good Japanese myths on the subject?
Of course another possibility would be some kind of Last-Blossom war dog or perhaps brewmaster support in the form of pic related, though probably a different breed. Fermented River Monks would be crazy!
>>
Does the original poster for the leaked cards happen to have the betas for the were pigs, the Iron skeeters, the orange blob things and the banjo carrying gremlins? I'm dying to know.
>>
>>48508456
Johan and the black blood scion
>>
can i get a decent start in neverborn with the lilith and jakob l ynch box? what would I need to get up to 50ss? main opponents will be guild and gremlin
>>
>>48509471
they're both pretty solid masters, illuminated are nice whoever you pick, I'd recommend a doppelganger too, they're really good whichever master you use, also beckoners.
>>
>>48508803
Leakfag here. I told folks about the blobs in the last thread but no one believed me.

Parker Barrows is the only model that's changed from the final beta so far.
>>
>>48505348
Confirming what this nice anon said

Though my guess is maybe the old man is the recruiter and the other guy comes with the thrall maybe, looks like he's got them on a leash
>>
>>48510080
I believed you senpai. What other stuff are the TT getting?
>>
>>48510080
What? We all believed you. The only reply to your post was someone making a joke about it.
>>
>>48510383
The main leakfag we've had on here basically said they barely looked at the TT side sadly. WHATS OUTCAST GETTIN
>>
Thanks spoiler. Much obliged.
>>
File: image.png (875KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
875KB, 2048x1536px
>>48510383
Because you're nice
>>
File: image.png (509KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
509KB, 2048x1536px
>>48510572
>>
>>48510572
>>48510586
O shit das interesting. Thanks man.
>>
>>48510586
>>48510572
any chance at gremlin stuff mr. anon-kun? :3
>>
>>48510666
Iron skeeters are enforcers. They have sky pirate specifically upgrades.
>>
>>48510666
War pigs get a Zero cost recalled training
>>
Fantastic. Ulix will love that. Thanks again for the info.
>>
>>48510572
>>48510586
I'm trying to deiced between parker and sandeep. Don't suppose you could give some info about either ones upgrades?
>>
>>48510794

Interesting. I didn't think they needed a buff, but that works for me.
>>
>>48511001
Those are the two I'm most excited about.

Parker has an upgrade to fire at EVERYONE in an engagement, then friendlies push out. He's also got human shield. I think he's going to be very solid.

Sandeep has two upgrades that allow summoning, each gives stiff he summons upgrades and drawbacks. He's going to require a lot of thought to play well. One upgrade gives his melee paralyze on moderate, the other gives him a3/4/5 track
>>
>>48511238
Damn that doesn't make it any easier for me to pick.

Guess I'm going to have to wait till gencon and see what the rest of the things in the boxes look like.
>>
>>48511238
Parker sounds like he's got neat thematic style. Got anything on Asami? I'm really hoping the upgrades might salvage her a little. I love her concept.
>>
>>48511238
>>48511285
Thanks for the info though
>>
So why is Guild McM so good now? I always thought he was subpar without ressers
>>
>>48511539
Because people tried him out. I've been saying guild is the way to play him since I picked him up, but people are prone to group think
>>
whats a good way to expand on the lilith box past waldgeist? (i really like the models )
>>
>>48511986
Young Neverborn, Mature Neverborn, Black Blood Shamans and Nekima have very obvious synergies with your terror tots.

Tuco would give you a sneaky ranged fucker, enemies cant charge him and he can walk nearby foes away so he can get back to shooting at them. He has from the shadows so hes ideally used to basically pick a piece of cover halfway up the board and say "no scheme runners may pass" or pop off some blast markers on clustered foes.

The Hooded Rider could be tempting, but don't get him if you also plan to get Nekima, as he overlaps quite a bit with her in the "mobile beatstick" category. Speaking of which, Nekima is Lilliths sister!

A Doppleganger is often good for schemes and lets you cheat initiative, which is insane.
>>
>>48511238
Thanks. I'm the older beta leaker, could you please confirm whether Reva kept Dullahan ((1) push for friendlies) or not?
>>
>>48511986
Mr Graves, Nekima, Johan, Doppelganger, Primordial Magic, maybe Illuminated from Jacob's box and the Gupps for a few strats where they are better than Tots. Growth lists are kinda traps.
>>
>>48512682
If hes using Waldgeists i think Cherub will do better than Primordial for him.
>>
>>48511539
>>48511903
Well Lead Lined Coat is obviously a huge bonus to McMourning. Self healing and hard to wound makes the prospect of armor simply amazing.
>>
>>48510572
>>48510586
Thanks! Hes like a crazy Ten Thunders Phillip. Yan Lo can hire retainers in ressur right? Imagine the kind of control a crew with Yin, this guy and Phillip could accomplish, especially alongside Jaakana Ubume, belles, nurses and the hanged.

Still i don't think Yan Lo can pick off enemy models fast enough to really take advantage of locking down the whole enemy crew and if you don't kill anyone how will Phillip or Sun Something make scheme markers?
>>
>>48512856
It's Armor 1 for 2SS, right? Sounds like a trap to me.
>>
>>48513025
On many enforcers it is, but McMourning has 14 wounds and hard to wound, so hes going to take 4 hits minimum, with his healing likely several more throughout the game. 2 SS (unless you get a joker) will get you most likely 2-4, maybe 5-6 damage blocked, Lead Lined Coat will definitely do that, if not more AND help you push the damage down to 0 more easily if you soulstone as well, letting you avoid "after damaging" triggers.
>>
>>48513067
Thanks, you've convinced me.
>>
>>48513067
Add in his self healing and that armor can take him places.

Or better yet, your opponent will decide it isn't worth it and try to ignore him. That's the best case.
>>
>>48512981

Maybe ditch the Hanged for some more killy models. I'm not sure if they are worth their price tag in this list.
>>
>>48512856
>lead lined coat
>henchman or enforcer, living, rare 3
Sadly, MacMourning can't use it.
>>
>>48514730
Raspberries!
>>
>>48514730
On the other hand, he can take Decaying Aura if he comes as a Resser, which is awesome. I'd say the difference is that Resser McMourning is mainly a scalpel, while Guild McM is a swiss army knife with a rather long and stabby blade. If he comes as a Guild he can take better and more versatile beaters than as a Resser and he can have more support for them. As a Resser his only crew support is (0) Injection, which is quite awesome nevertheless.
And he can take Francisco for El Mayor to help with his mediocre defensive stats.

Also some Resser players focus too much on poison bombing with him, which can be a good strategy in certain situation but it doesn't worth it to build your entire crew around it (2 Transfusions, Autopsies/Flesh Constructs for starting Poison, a bunch of Belles to Lure enemies in range etc.). Another typical Resser mistake (with any master) is taking too many support models in general. Belles are great, Nurses are even greater, and Chiaki can be lovely, but taking all of them (with multiple Belles) will severely reduce your killing power. I've only played him as a Resser and has started taking "heavier" models with him, like the Emissary, Valedictorian or Rogue Necromancy (obviously not all in one list) and it really improved his effectiveness. Still, a lot of our "stronger" masters support those models better, like Nico's auras and Rigor Mortis or Seamus' wp debuff.

Still, I don't really think that Resser McMourning is a weak Master by any means as he can do all strats and schemes well, but he does have some bad matchups where you are going to struggle (Lilith, Dreamer/Pandora Wp fuckery lists, Jack Daw also looks quite bad but haven't played against him yet). But he is a great pick against Arcanists, who are quite well-represented in our local meta. I'd say the duo of McMourning and Seamus (whom I'd not take against Arcanists because of Rasputina) with a good model pool could stand a good chance of winning a Tournament.
>>
>>48506952
Is a S&S deck coming out for the GG2016 sets?

I got the old S&S deck a couple of weeks ago, but really it's only going to be useful for the cheatsheet cards if there's a huge shift to GG2016.
The store still mostly plays the deck objectives for the moment though.
>>
>>48515263
The Crewfaux app has all the new strats & schemes with descriptions.
>>
>>48507434
>>48507593
I use these as scheme markers.
http://www.leodisgames.com/product-category/3d-prints/
>>
File: Cojo.jpg (183KB, 800x950px) Image search: [Google]
Cojo.jpg
183KB, 800x950px
>>48507593
>Deface the box
>Presented as an actual option.
>mfw
>>
>>48515289
>app
No good to me.

>>48507434
>>48515299
Your FLGS probably has or can get sets of markers too.
>>
>>48515263

I think you can get them printed on demand from the same company that handles other on demand card printing for Wyrd.
>>
>>48515314
>Deface the box
...he says, posting a miniature obviously not in the pristine new-on-sprue state it was meant for.

I know, some plebes don't have the dedication to keep all their boxes preserved for aeons for... who the fuck knows.
>>
>>48510586
Hey, could you say a few words about Soulless(or sth like that) upgrades for shield bearers.
>>
>>48515314
I'd love to see the rest of that photo for painting inspiration. That Cojo looks great.
>>
>>48515967
Not him, the other leaker here. In the late December beta version there were three of them, if a Revenant (Einherjar on my old cards) model gains them, it loses the living characteristic and gains spirit. There is one which gave Finish the Job, one that forced the model which killed the wielder pass a TN 14 Df duel suffer a damage flip, and one which gave one SS to your pool when the model died (that's Rare 2, the other two are unlimited).
>>
>>48516472

Sounds pretty rad. Honestly Reva's whole box sounds like a ton of fun based on these leaks.
>>
Wave 4 Outcasts. You get Bandits, dead Bandits, and chink Bandits.
>>
>>48517549
Hasn't Aionus been out for a while? Anyways I am interested in the Chinese bandits. If they are last blossoms they would be a nice fit for my Misaki TT crew.
>>
>>48517549

I wonder what's the fluff reason for the dead ones being Outcasts.
>>
>>48517585

He was a special preview model for Wyrd's anniversary.
>>
>>48517589
They are Tormented, guess it's like with the Guilty.
>>
Anyone have info on Titania's box. I know they are edgehogs, but I thought there would be more interest in them.
>>
>>48517652
we will have info after gencon, not before
>>
File: 1463187788931.jpg (258KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1463187788931.jpg
258KB, 714x1000px
So, I brought starting Marcus Crew, Waldgeists, Raptors and Blessed of December.
Now I'm planning to buy December Acolytes and Canine Remains.

1) Will this be enough to start?
2) Also - what should I buy\watch\read\learn to create nature-themed bases? But mostly "buy", since it's more urgent - I'm planning my purchase.

I'm planning to buy this for my Marcus bases:
- Battlefields XP - Highland Tufts
- Dark Green Static Grass
- some sand

But I don't think this will be enough. And I don't like ready-made "nature bases" from Microart and Model Display Products.
>>
>>48518265
1. With all of the models that you have listed, yes. You should be able to play 50ss games comfortably with those models.
2. There are several ways to do nature looking bases. Generally you won't need to buy sand, just use stuff you can find anywhere, or maybe get some texture paint like Vallejo's. Some cork to be used as rocks can help, but that isn't a bad place to start.
>>
>>48518326
Thank you
>>
File: 20160727_194148.jpg (94KB, 267x354px) Image search: [Google]
20160727_194148.jpg
94KB, 267x354px
Aight, figured i would contribute to these threads, so heres a PDF of every single statcard released so far, all in ready to print PDFs

https://mega.nz/#!fdxQWLpD!sGoFC-_9J4v5RP-JACGYyDCyXBZoJFqCK1Q_88VjxgM

And heres my first finished Freikorpsmann
>>
>>48518863
These are actually pretty good, much better than just printing off the rulebook pages. Thanks anon.
>>
>>48518863
>Freikorpsmann
How do you like them? I enjoy their looks, but they seem overpriced outside of a Von led crew.
>>
>>48519168
Havent actually played with them yet, only played for a weekend, with my hoffman crew, am planning to run them in a Von Schill crew, as i got his box, the Viktorias box, Hannah, Vanessa and a Strongarm Suit.

Only played like ~6 games of Malifaux tho, pretty new to the game
>>
>>48517549
God damn it no new Freikorps, really? Give VS some love damn it. I'm also slightly annoyed at no "unthematic to everybody" models like outcast are known for, bishop, killjoy etc. Still undead bandits will hopefully be tormented and i guess they might fit in with Tara, considering Tara is herself an undead train robber.

I'm guessing those dual sword people will be the first outcast last-blossom? They could also be like ronin and be just nerds or be dual TT/Outcasts but i hope not. Still wave 4 seems really light on dual faction, NONE of the new masters were dual faction, which is sad.
>>
>>48517549
>Undead Bandits
It's like I am really playing Deadlands. Overall I think that the new stuff is solid, and Parker fills a niche that I am glad to see.
>>
>>48519798
Uh... the niche of being Outcast Ophelia? I'm really disappointed with Parker, i think he could have been something more. A neverborn turned rogue bandito would have been interesting, or perhaps he could have at least been a master with a rifle, no masters in this game have a rifle.
>>
Anyone have the into the steam book for TTB?
>>
>>48517589
Tara
>>
>>48518093
There were leaks of other masters crew members, was hoping someone had seen the neverborn.
>>
>>48520605
Were any of Nellies leaked? I am hype as fuck for that kit
>>
>>
>>48520684
Some pretty solid sculpts, but it's hard for me to get excited with Wyrds insistence on blind purchases.
Someone dumped a couple of non guild playtests cards here >>48399494. Trying to find the original thread of leaks but not having luck.
>>
>>48520270
I have the physical book, why? What do you want to know?
>>
>>48521072
Probably just wanted all of it for actual usage.
>>
Are mindless zombies always translucent green?

I just got a box if the on ebay and wasn't expecting green ones since the box didn't mention anything.

Now I'm debating how I should paint these.
>>
>>48523216
Those are prizes for winning tourneys iirc.
>>
Dead outlaws are tormented bandits. The Asians are last blossom bandits.

This year's outcasts theme is "giving the faction stuff that makes them almost look like a faction."
>>
>>48523260
I've never heard of that, normally those weird models come as special sales during events or as promotions to shop at local game stores that stock the game.
>>48523216
Mindless zombies are sort of awkward as translucent models compared to spirits or characters with magical effects, but only painting their clothes could save you time and still leave you with an interesting effect. Side note, those are tournament legal even completely unpainted. Normally you need "at least something more than primer" to bring a model to a tourney but special plastics get an exemption as in many cases painting them would defeat the point, though as far as I'm aware leagues don't have that rule and leagues are often more common.
>>
>>48523544
Oh cool, so Misaki finally has access to something unique in TT!
Are they just melee beatstick minions on the last blossom? How about the tormented fellows, are they for schemes, shooting or what? If they are tormented i need them for my JD boner.
>>
>>48523544
Finally TT Misaki's infiltration may be useful for something. Can't wait to see the full cards for those.
>>
Which would be the better crew box to get? Hired Guns or Fistful of Scrip? Librarian would be great, but i already have a Trapper. Von Schill and Parker both look relatively similar to me as highly mobile warriors with fancy auras.
>>
Dead outlaws are pretty tough cheap models, with lousy melee. They deal bonus damage to models with upgrades and have a will resist to give target can only take walk and interact actions, if you interact or choose to take 3 this ends.

Raiders can't have a melee attack cheated against them, bulletproof, and they have a pistol plus swords. They have a zero to move a scheme marker 6
>>
>>48523653
Sounds pretty amazing.
>>
File: Marcus.jpg (665KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus.jpg
665KB, 2048x1536px
>>48516048
The rest is prety good too, yes.

>>48517549
Like the look of those TTs.
>>
>>48517549
>Blue Thunders girl
The size of the contact point between her foot and the base is already making me cringe.
>>
>>48523548
>promotions to shop at local game stores that stock the game
Ah, well mine must've used them as prizes. I've not had a game yet, but I know people with translucent models that they got from blind boxes.
>>
>>48520730
So do we know anything about how the piglins, slop elementals or banjo players play? I saw someone in the last thread mention the musicians being fun, but that's about it.
>>
>>48522792
>>48521072
Ya pretty much. I'm looking into TTB and just wanted to read up on it some more. Also I heard this one was about the arcanist and that's my faction, so I wanted to see what fluff it had.
>>
>>48524273
Its largely arcanist inspired, however it does have a pursuit in it for playing as Leveticus (the abomination spam part, not the other stuff) and a bunch of surprising "left field" stuff like talents that let you become a thunder archer. The book is well worth it in my opinion, even if just to see the glorious M&SU symbol.
Its a welder and pickaxe intentionally reminiscent of the hammer and sickle.
>>
>>48524273
>>48524925
Oh also it is ARCANIST centered, NOT M&SU centered. There are pursuits in it for being collette and marcus ripoffs, advanced pursuits for joining the cult of december as an acolyte or silent one and another pursuit for more easily using magic without grimoires and there are a ton of fucking weapons in it. This isnt a list of everything, but it should give you a decent idea.
>>
File: Ocelot_(Twin_Snakes).jpg (14KB, 180x347px) Image search: [Google]
Ocelot_(Twin_Snakes).jpg
14KB, 180x347px
FUUUUUCK
I wasn't going to get Parker Barrows, but now I've realized i could convert him into revolver ocelot.
>>
>>48524993
>>48524925
Neat. Thanks man.
>>
>>48519900
Somer'teef?
>>
>>48527152
I guess his blunderbuss sorta counts? Lucius can also attack with a rifle, though he isn't holding it.
>>
>>48512734
Why's that?
>>
Are beckoners good with the lynch box? I rarely see people taking them
>>
>>48527258
Rise Up creates severe+Hazardous terrain and his arrow can push foes around, both of which are obviously synergetic with waldgeists.
>>
>>48527293
I see them all the time. I think they are better for brilliance focused crews than card manipulation crews though.
>>
>>48527358
how would you add brilliance stuff? i haven't actually bought the lynch box yet
>>
Lorewise, what are the main discrepancies between Earth in the Malifaux setting and in reality? The stories mention that the Guild has of course been the predominant super power for a while, and that New York is still called New Amsterdam, but the different nations (Turks, Russians, ect.) seem to be largely the same. I can't seem to find a wiki for Malifaux lore.
>>
>>48528610
other than setting and the use of magic, you mean?
>>
>>48528690
Yeah
>>
>>48528291
Well, everything in the lynch box adds brilliance to models and benefits from that brilliance in some way or another. Beckoners are just another way to do that and one of the few good ranged choices other than Lynch himself for it. They can also lure which is nice.

Illuminated (you get 3 in the lynch box) particularly like brilliance as it makes them deal more damage.

Anyway for the most part the only other models you would need than his box for brilliance focus are the beckoners, plus maybe "The Depleted" which are brilliant tarpits.
>>
>>48528610
The game is intentionally VERY vague about everything but the following facts.
The world is split between Guild nations and the "Three Kingdoms" with some neutral places existing.
Soulstones are important enough that there are people who are professionally payed to murder random people just to recharge soulstones.
Technology is slightly more advanced than its real world equivalent for that time period.
Some demons and shit genuinely exist, especially in asia.

They don't even tell us what the "Three Kingdoms" actually are, its mostly assumed its China, Japan and Vietnam. There is almost no information on earth and probably never will be.
>>
>>48528931
I'd assume that new miniature game will have a lot more earth fluff since they said it will share the same word and time as malifaux but they won't be cross compatible
>>
>>48529392
I thought they said its like 100 years in the future of malifaux?
>>
>>48529443
From my discussions with Aaron, mason and Nathan the general impression was it's what's happening right this minute earth side of the breach. Big war is breaking out soon, and it's going to get nasty.

Here's hoping GenCon spoils some new stuff. There was a play test for it a few months back, maybe one of the spoiler anons might be able to give us more info
>>
>>48531194
I'm really disappointed its 32mm. I assumed it would be smaller scale and have more miniatures, but it just seems like its going to be tons of miniatures at same scale as malifaux.

Its also going to mean most likely less new releases for malifaux for a while and to a great extent a split playerbase.
>>
>>48527338
True, but I don't think it's that reliable as the card generation of the Pukedickworm.

>>48531194
I don't know of any leaks so far. But it seems like Warmachine/Hordes, at least in army sizes and with the big fucking models. If they do the rules properly, they might even end up grabbing a sizeable playerbase from PP, afaik a lot of people are dicontent about how Mk3 turned out.
Or it's gonna flop like the side miniatures game project of a lot of companies (Monsterpocalypse from PP, Puppet Wars from Wyrd, etc)
>>
>>48531298
>Monsterpocalypse
WRONG
YEARS AND FUCKING YEARS LATER THE FILM IS FINALLY BEING WORKED ON
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/monsterpocalypse-has-studios-bidding-war-888652
Comic Con had the director saying shit about it too. GET HYPE
>>
>>48531298
>Monsterpocalypse from PP

Monsterpocalypse was good fun though, it's really a shame it withered and died.
>>
>>48531545
Don't worry anon, it was just a 5 year break. See >>48531400
>>
>>48531298
> they might even end up grabbing a sizeable playerbase from PP, afaik a lot of people are dicontent about how Mk3 turned out.
In my meta no one was really discontent about mk3. Quite opposite, in fact - a lot of people was more happy with the new edition.
On the other hand, approximately 80% of warmachine players here also have at least one malifaux crew (usually more).
>>
File: 9307650605_bc30d2f02b.jpg (105KB, 451x500px) Image search: [Google]
9307650605_bc30d2f02b.jpg
105KB, 451x500px
Why is taelor such a despicable piece of shit OP nerd?
>>
File: image.png (489KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
489KB, 1536x2048px
Because people on the official forums have no imagination and cry too much
>>
File: image.png (477KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
477KB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: image.png (478KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
478KB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: image.png (501KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
501KB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: image.png (499KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
499KB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: image.png (486KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
486KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>48533180
>>48533171
>>48533151
>>48533144
>>48533133
>>48533126
Awesome! Thanks man.
>>
>>48533171

While all these look like really fun summoning drawbacks, I really like the idea of using this one with Metal Gamin.
>>
>>48531266
I feel the same way. I got into Malifaux because I didn't want to deal with huge display-piece kits and having to buy multiple boxes of the same figure (What is the point of painting the exact same thing over and over again? There are exceptions with things like Bayou Gremlins, but they are somewhat rare). For mass combat 32mm just doesn't seems less than ideal, but I guess we can see how many figures the thing will require and how much it will cost to play.
>>
Very curious what the girl and guy (Carlos Vasquez) on the left do. I'll be getting Sandeep soon enough. It all looks good, so hype.
>>
>>48535256
The girl on the left might be the lawyer we saw from the leaks.
>>
>>48535280

She's also the Union rep in one of the adventures.
>>
>>48531266

Malifaux already has a pretty purposely controlled growth, so I don't see TOS changing much.

If anything this is probably how Wyrd plans to keep making money without bloating out the Malifaux range.
>>
http://latining.tumblr.com/post/141567276944/tabletop-gaming-has-a-white-male-terrorism-problem

What exactly did Wyrd do that caused this chick to rant?
>>
>>48535280
>>48535317
Excellent thank you, I've been away from tg for a while so I missed some of the leaks.
>>
Any way to get the gen con early releases in the UK? Wanting to paint one up and see if wyrd fixed their goddamn unbuildable plastics yet.
>>
>>48535747
Just get Lilith or Sonnia's box if you want something easier to assemble. Nothing indicates that the new figures are going to be any easier than what has come out already.
>>
>>48535763
I'm not looking to just build a box. I'm looking to paint for commission in a very well trafficked Malifaux meta.

>>48535594
She kept threatening them that she would ruin them unless they hired her as a diversity officer. Wyrd called her bluff and demanded she prove her claims and when she didn't do it they told her to fuck off. She then proceeded to write bullshit like that.
>>
>>48535594
She's awful and literally making up stories. She's the reason people don't take feminists seriously
>>
>>48536880
Feminis, has a;ways been like this, they just got to wrote the history books so it was covered.

You might also want to consider your argument when it can be debunked by "If it isn't taken seriously then why has the president of the USA been a feminist for the last 8 years and the latest democratic candidate is running on a 100% feminist campaign?"
>>
>>48528610
>>48528931
Like >>48529392 said, much will be revealed this year.

>>48529443
They'll have to cover a decent chunk of the alternate history to establish the 'now' setting.
>>
>>48531266
Means a new wave of potentially-proxiable models, even potentially compatible 'units'.
And you could make future versions of Masters and crews, which sounds baller as fuck.

>>48533126
>>48533180
Cheers Anon.

>>48535256
I'm back to being excited for the next Wave of Arcanists as a direct result of the last 15 posts.
>>
>>48537097
Those new Arcanists look sikh.
>>
>>48535256
Wait are the poison gamin seriously the same model 3 times over, but with one mirrored?
>>
>>48535256
fuck, that giant blue dude is JoJo as fuck, I love it
>>
>>48535256
Will the Arcanists be able to defeat the toilet witch?
>>
>>48540633
No, the box renders showed 3 different models. Wyrd got lazy with the photoshop.
>>
File: Sikh Guy.png (2MB, 716x1480px) Image search: [Google]
Sikh Guy.png
2MB, 716x1480px
>>48540633
I'm sure the renders were not Ctrl+C'd, don't know why the art is.
>>
>>48535256
>Very curious what the girl and guy (Carlos Vasquez) on the left do. I'll be getting Sandeep soon enough. It all looks good, so hype.
If they didn't change since I last saw them, the girl does triggers on enemies who try to do things around her. If they try to interact, you can drop a card to get a soulstone. If a friend is half health, they can suffer 1 damage to add a neg flip to the incoming attack if she is around. She also has a rocking 0 with ca 7 that turns an enemy into a peon that doesn't count for any scheme or strategy and can't interact.

The guy is a fire artist who drops a pyre 50 mm marker and can put it somewhere else each time he walks 6 inches from where it was last.

He is part of colletes crew and sets things on fire really good with showgirl assistants.
>>
>>48540935
>>48541299
Ah okay, that's good then. I don't mind when they do mirror some beasties, but 3 in the same box would be pretty bullshit. Still not completely sold on the gamin models but it may just be that colour scheme.
>>
Those of you who play Through the Breach:

Your current character is now a TT master. What faction are they for/how do they play?
>>
>>48542437
Resser/Arcanist dual faction
summons corpses and buffs them with scrap markers.
>>
>>48542166
Awesome, I always hoped that Vasquez went with the showgirls and the M&SU lawyer chick sounds pretty cool too.
>>
>>48539983
Winner
>>
>>48542437
Arcanist fear mage. Teleport around, summon fear gamin, long rifle. Ramos' hit man
>>
>>48527293
Beckoners helped beat my ass in a tournament today. Poor Pride stuck his toe out too far.
>>
>>48528882

Here's a secret for Neverborn players.

Illuminated are, pound for pound, the best priced tank.

The regen and the armor is crazy off the walls. Compare it to a Mature Neph next time you look at it's card. When you want to just lock down a model and survive the beats while it tries to run away, the Illuminated is champ.
>>
what should I get if I wanted to start Ulix? Only pig models from gremlins I have are Gracie and a box of piglets, how many of what will I end up needing in case of summoning? (Sorry for bad English)
>>
>>48544149
I'm curious. What pursuits went into that?
>>
>>48545469
Every time I play Lynch I take 5-6 of these goons and they just murder the enemy while Lynch and Hungering Darkness casually walk around the side lines doing schemes unmolested while sharing a bowl of sherbet.

Lucius is pretty nutty with them too, which helps as he isn't the greatest master until we can gets some corrupted hounds up in this bitch.
>>
>>48528882
I run lists with 6 Depleted. They are stupidly tough. Get a few people who can move them around and you can really bog down an enemy. trapped an entire Seamus (minus Seamus himself) once do to an oversight on the the other player putting all of their models in one group.
>>
>>48545765
You won't be summoning much unless you are dedicating your build toward being a breeding farm.

slot haulers will be a must to keep the pigs at good healthy conditions.
>>
File: British_Mark_V-star_Tank.jpg (207KB, 800x398px) Image search: [Google]
British_Mark_V-star_Tank.jpg
207KB, 800x398px
Who else hopes their will be a Guild Mark V tank in The Other Side?
>>
>>48545981
Dabbler only so far. I added some extra spells to my book using the news talent from into the steam and I took the updated Oxford method from there too.
>>
So... how many games does it take before I git gud at this game?
>>
What would the best budget-y build to start Kirai likely be?
>>
>>48545765
Add in Sow, a pair of Warpigs and two more boxes of Piglets. And a Slop Hauler, as previous Anon suggested. Ulix is solid (very very few TN test to get your stuff going), but with a few weaknesses (low Wp and melee ranges). He's solid but I can see him being very set list which isn't what I play Malifaux for.
>>
Oh boy Schemes and Stones has a Lady Justice episode out. I've been looking forward to this for ages and I'm just picking up Justice so this is great timing

>The co host is a tranny
>Can't focus on anything in the episode because it's a man doing a woman impression
>Do a quick search to confirm
>Clearly a man with some weird mono boob standing like he's trying to intimidate a weight rack

Are there any decent podcasts for Malifaux left? I'm not even talking amazing, just a podcast where I don't have to listen to fucked up retards do little girl impressions is enough.
>>
>>48547310
10, minimum, assuming you are doing your homework between games.
Shit's complicated fampai.

>>48548807
Seriously?
Just get over it you sadact.
ArcRes is pretty good, if a bit rambling.
Bonus points for funny regional English accents.
>>
>>48549258
Yes, seriously

>Get over your community becoming Tumblr
Yes, that'll work, lets just ignore it.
>>
>>48549318

So what? Transexual people are supposed to just pretend they don't exist and can't enjoy games?
>>
>>48549412
They should be put in a mental hospital where they belong. Not being told their delusions are real. It's a very simple thing to understand.
>>
>>48549459

You can't force someone to be committed if they are not a threat to others or themselves and voluntary surgery being classified as self-harm would get many, many groups up in arms.
>>
>>48549489
I'm well aware of the pro-tranny groups, that doesn't change the facts though. We live in a society where the insane dictate to the sane what is right and wrong and I find that revolting. I do not want these people any where near my hobby because no good can come from it.

You ultimately have to pick a side and I've picked mine. I won't deny biology because of someone's feelings and I won't tolerate people who do.
>>
>>48549459
Man, thirty years ago your ilk was trying to tell us that homosexuals were mentally ill deviants, and now we all know better. Thirty years from now you're going to be just as wrong and look just as silly.
>>
>>48549509

>I'm well aware of the pro-tranny groups, that doesn't change the facts though.

I wasn't even talking pro-transsexualism groups. How would you propose defining voluntary surgery as self-harm to any of the people that like plastic surgery or simply believe that people have the right to get it if they want.

Most of all: how the hades does the genitals someone has or the term they use for themself affect your ability to enjoy your game?
>>
>>48549510
Dishonest comparison.

>I am biologically male
>I believe I am female
>If I put hormones in my body and cut my dick off I become female

>I like fucking dudes

See the difference? Also "in thirty years" you can expect Western civilization to have collapsed because the ideals you're living by do not function in reality. Europe tried egalitarianism and look where it's got them, daily blood baths.
>>
>>48542437

Karin Yildiz.

Ottomon Empire girl with very heavy augmentations (A chunk of her brainpan, both arms, both legs). A rookie steamfitter who is fascinated by the idea of voluntary augmentation rather than just replacing damaged limbs. Pretty well known as she's generally at the frontline of a lot of Union strikes rather than being a sneaky sort. Where Ironsides represents the sabotage and arson side of M&SU politics, she's the open strikes and negotiation with the Guild side.

Arcanist with the Academic and M&SU tags.

Most of her abilities are about her protecting allies and being god damn hard to remove from the table. Pretty killy model but her defensive stuff and kinda unimpressive mobility means she mostly plays guardian for her less tough allies rather than murdering her way through everyone.

Limited Upgrade: Steamfitter Think Tank - Lets her hire academics, gives her a little stuff to help get squishies away from melee.
Limited Upgrade: Union Strike Leader - Gives her stuff to help screen her allies from ranged fire and help them with willpower tests.

Mind you, with the new Arcanist master she's gotten a bit of overlap with him.
>>
>>48549531
>Dishonest comparison
It's actually not, but if calling it that makes you feel better, I won't stand in your way. BTW nice 'collapse of western civilisation' meme - lament the fact that you can't own a fully automatic machine gun and you'll help me get my 'neo-right nutbag' bingo for today.
>>
>>48549867
Please do tell me how someone believing they're something they aren't is equal to someone wanting a dick in their ass.

Please do try to address my points instead of going "nuh uh". It's boring dealing with Tumblr tier people when they can't even discuss an issue but want to go MUH TRUMP SUPPORTER like that's an argument.
>>
guys, enough of the of the off topic stuff. Let's get back to the plastic dudesmen.

Has anyone tried playing the campaign? How did it go?
>>
>>48549883
Malifaux attracts SJW types, cucks and trannies because of MUH FEMALE REPRESENTATION, just check the Wyrd Place fb group or some threads on the forums. Honestly I don't really care about strong independt womyn in my miniatures game, but I really hope they don't go to the Paizo level of cuckery with interracial tranny paladin/rogue romances and shit.

>>48549510
>Man, thirty years ago your ilk was trying to tell us that homosexuals were mentally ill deviants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPohtDUF5xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQEVDdb2tSY
>>
>>48550141
Victorian steam punk (as opposed to Warmachine's shit) isn't really helping any. I'm /pol/ as fuck and I won't deny that it bothers me a little that we have all these stronk womyn running around but it's a market thing. Men dig sexy chicks and if you make a bunch of sexy chick models they're going to sell better than hulk hogans are.

Wargaming on the whole is going down the shitter. I enjoy model painting but I'm thinking I might want to find a new hobby.
>>
>>48550008
I lost. Its a sore memory and you are a dick for bringing it up.
>>
>>48550159
What? Do you mean Taelor? She just uses a magic hammer.
Nearly every woman in Malifaux uses a gun, magic, isn't really human (augmented/neverborn etc) or otherwise uses "dexterity and skill". I don't think there are any strong women except maybe Johanna but thats just an alternate sculpt.
>>
>>48550159
I don't really mind interesting female characters, but most new 3-man mook boxes being 2 chicks, one guys is a bit too much for me (not enough to quit playing ofc), there was (and is) a reason why men were the ones doing the fighting, we are the expendable ones. Of course some can argue that you shouldn't look for historical accuracy in a fantasy setting, but I prefer them to have at least some semblance to real life history.

Forced diversity is another big no-no for me, but fortunately Malifaux does the diversity thing quite well and it does not seem forced to me. Inventing actually interesting characters with varied backgrounds (like the new sikh guys in Arcanists) and not doing it lazily by making every third character black helps as well.

And there is always historical wargaming for you, that's free of chicks running around in chainmail bikinis and black knights in medieval England.
>>
>>48550190
Is that why Three Kingdoms has killer women running around? Or the Union has STRONK WOMYN punching shit to death? ;)

Dexterity and skill is still STRONK WOMYN. Men have better dexterity and always sit at the highest tiers of skill due to the innate competitiveness and increased stamina men have.

>>48550202
Men were doing the fighting because we're combat machines. Women are baby incubators and men are their providers and protectors. It's a division of labour where one of us is designed to wreck face and the other is designed to manipulate the face wreckers.

Am I the only one who sees the sikh guys and just thinks "Remove kebab"?

I liked the Wheel of Time's magic set up where male magic was stronger but became tainted so it was unusual. I found that was an interesting way to give women more of a combat role in fantasy. If only women can access magic then they become glass cannons who can turn the tide of war but aren't on the front lines with a sword and board.
>>
>>48550202
Well for Malifaux that's essentially a non-issue the reproductive thing for everyone except gremlins, who already do have females as rare. Neverborn don't give a shit about breeding in the traditional sense really and if they even have real genders or whatever is hard to determine since they are black smoke thoughtforms or some shit only turned into "humanoid" appearances by the dreams of humans.

Humans in Malifaux don't have to breed at all because new people from earth are coming in all the time and by the industrial revolution (which malifaux is well past) the population of guild nations would be WAAAAY beyond it being any sort of risk/issue to replace malifaux people or aging populations. Women would be just as disposable as men to the people of Malifaux. Equality!
>>48550230
Nearly every woman in Malifaux wasn't a badass until AFTER they were exposed to magic or came to Malifaux, which is satured in reality altering power of belief fate shit. Its hardly an issue. Ironsides was just a drunken thug, then Malifaux happened. Viktoria just owned a nice sword, then Malifaux happened. Misaki had Katanaka training and the Katanakas always had access to magic. There's nothing in malifaux pushing the idea that the average woman is as strong as the average man, just a handful of them get high on crystals and start being able to do it because a deck of cards foretold it 5000 years ago in a mudhut.
>>
>>48550292
Women will never ever be disposable. It's an evolutionary trait that women are put on pedestals. Even if we're like "wow we have 6 billion people on this planet!" we will still put women on pedestals, just so.. well reality.

Ironsides being a drunken thug is pushing it already.

Isn't Lady Justice the strongest melee character in the game? Mother fucking crippled bitch diversity bullshit ;)
>>
>>48550320
You've never met or heard of drunken women who get into fights? You don't have to win often or win against men to be a violent drunk.

We both know Lady J is the leader of an order of wizards. Though to be honest thats a good question, Viktorias are arguably better at it and Misaki is (through assassinate) also really deadly. Lillith, McMourning, Ironsides and Von Schill obviously fall behind and Shenlong is only stronger in specific situations.

I guess she's the strongest now that Leveticus cant get free focus on every melee unless you count Chompy Bits as "Part of Dreamer" in which case Nytemare is king.
>>
>>48550379
I've heard of them but consider the world malifaux is. You're some drunk cunt who keeps hitting people. How long do you think you will last before someone sees a free soul stone recharge?
>>
>>48550396
Chances are thats what happened to every other drunk asshole. Ironsides is the only one who got lucky (faaaaaate) enough to get a ticket through the breach and get some wacky magic healing powers and a connection to the worlds most powerful terrorist.
>>
>>48550396

>How long do you think you will last before someone sees a free soul stone recharge?

Soulstone is way, way too rare for that to be a serious concern.

That and 'Drunken fuck who keeps hitting people' would be in just as much trouble. Women don't charge up soulstone any better than men.
>>
>>48550436
Well, its too rare on earth, which is where this argument is referring to. Most potent criminal bands or necromancers or other people who are that psycho definitely DO have soulstones in Malifaux (though shit quality/size). I'd seriously guess the number 1 cause of murder in Malifaux is soulstone recharge.
>>
>>48550481

>I'd seriously guess the number 1 cause of murder in Malifaux is soulstone recharge.

Nah. We call the #1 cause of murder in Malifaux 'Seamus'
>>
>>48550491
Seamus is fucking great. I wish i enjoyed him on the table. His huge fucking gun, backalley, belles, terrifying, impossible to wound, WP heal etc but his upgrades are just boring and he lacks triggers.

Seriously i expected him to be much more of the "master of fear" than he is and Bag of Tools just doesn't give me the serial killer vibe enough to want to use it.
>>
>>48550531

He's less a serial killer in play and more a Horror Movie Monster. The fucker just won't die and if you run screaming, you just make it worse.

I rather like his design myself but it's likely not what a lot of people expected from a serial killer.
>>
>>48550544
If he could cause more offensive horror duels (only way i can remember is that one bag of tools trigger) and/or support horror beyond his -2wp aura i would enjoy him that way more. Live for Pain is kinda boring too.
>>
>>48550320
>Isn't Lady Justice the strongest melee character in the game? Mother fucking crippled bitch diversity bullshit ;)

I got the old metal one as a gang leader for my Necromunda Eschers. Too bad losing both eyes removes the model from the gang roster.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.com.png (972KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.com.png
972KB, 1200x675px
not massivly impressed with the ten thunders stuff
>>
I know this might be a hair off topic but how is Through the Breach? Is worth buying and playing?
>>
>>48550706
>Terracotta Soldiers
FUCK YES.
>Man riding dragon horse thing
ALSO FUCK YES
Are those called "Kirins" or whatever?
The old dude was leaked earlier in this thread or the last thread.
>>
>>48550742
I did a bit of a summary of the game last thread, it reads like the ramblings of a drunkard but it should tell you most of what you need to know.
>>48456115
>>
>>48550706

Now that I'm thinking about it I'm surprised terracotta soldiers weren't a thing in Malifaux until now.

I wonder if the guy in the back is a Rider.
>>
File: MapofMalifaux.jpg (299KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
MapofMalifaux.jpg
299KB, 1024x724px
>>48550706
The Dragon Horse guy has me curious and the Terracotta Warriors are a nice add but realy it's just Asami that's very exciting for that faction.

>>48550742
I've played a little and very much enjoy it. It rewards you for having models and using them during fighting encounters where the game is very similar to Malifaux. That said combat can get real tough, during the Kythera event one encounter tosses an illuminated per player and they wreck so hard. So if you have a group of Malifaux players who want to get in an RPG night it's a great idea.
>>
>>48550944
To be fair though players can get equally absurd. I've seen melee players have 6-7 skill with + or ++ attack flips and sometimes even + damage flips on 5/6/8 damage track in melee by session four.
>>
It might be a little off topic but I figured this might be a good thread to ask this question. Are there any other RPGs that use cards as a conflict resolution? I already know about castle falkenstein, maligaux and Tokyo Nova but I was wondering if there are others out there.
>>
>>48550944
See>>48510572 >>48510586
That seems plenty worth getting excited about to me. Freikorps Librarian with a ton of tricks and an upgrade slot? Fuck yes!
>>
>>48550177
Sorry to hear that man, but what happened?
>>
>>48550983
WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT NOT BRINGING IT UP
Turns out Rusty Alyce (even with a skill for + to all attack flips!) is not the best crew leader and outcasts really suffer in low stones scheme heavy games.
>>
>>48550921
>>48550901
>>48550944

I am so happy to see Terracotta Warriors. I've been looking for models for Terracotta warriors for my Kings of War army forever. I mostly play Arcanists so I doubt I'll use them for Malifaux but it's fucking FINALLY to see some terracotta warrior minis.
>>
>>48550980
Well I'm not a 10T player but my main opponent is, so I'll probably see that asshole popping up. Though I don't see the comparison to the librarian aside from being 8ss.
>>
>>48550944
What about like me and my group, people who have never played Malifaux before? We have done weird west though.
>>
>>48551040
They both heal primarily? They both use a ca thats both ranged/melee? They both reduce combat efficiency of enemy models nearby?
>>
>>48551052
I love the game, and we have several local players who don't play mini games who really enjoy it. The progression system is fun and gives players a way to remain relevant in adventures they'd otherwise feel useless in
>>
>>48551052
The rules won't be as quick to pick up but it's no worse than picking up most new systems. It might feel like there's not much customization at first but should still be fun. A lot like Dark Heresy as far as having lots of fluff to catch up on to make some parts make sense.

This podcast is a bunch of the short stories from the Malifaux rule books presented as a radio show. It can give you an idea of what the setting is like.
http://www.breachsidebroadcast.com/

>>48551077
I was thinking more that the Liby is a hard hitting caster that can heal and maybe debuff while Sun is all about the debuff, healing, and scheming. He's defiantly the better take for healing.
>>
>>48551421
>>48551052
Keep in mind that if your players want to be the "good guys" they will be THE ONLY PEOPLE IN MALIFAUX WHO ARE GOOD.
When listening to the breachside broadcast if you wonder why everyone is an asshole or suspicious, its because they all are.
>>
>>48551421
>>48551444
Not the first guy but I was also thinking about starting up TTB. Can someone explain the tarot/character creation bit to me? It seems really odd.
>>
>>48551471
>>>48551421
>>>48551052
>Keep in mind that if your players want to be the "good guys" they will be THE ONLY PEOPLE IN MALIFAUX WHO ARE GOOD.
>When listening to the breachside broadcast if you wonder why everyone is an asshole or suspicious, its because they all are.

This is the biggest takeaway. There is no altruism in malifaux. The faction that actually has the most pure reason to attack is the neverborn. They were invaded by the humans and at the same time did all they could to prevent the avatars from waking up since it would not be a good time if they had to deal with them again.

The terracotta warriors are mimics, by the way, so lucius gets a little something's something.
>>
>>48551499
You flip cards in a series (there are currently three variations to choose from). Each card has a stat or skill spread attached plus a sentence fragment prophecy piece.

The stats always even out to zero, but your numbers could support playing a specialist or a generalist. The skills pan out the same way.

Then you put your prophecy together.

It's harder to explain than do. It takes five minutes to generate your spread
>>
>>48551720
The never born lured the humans back to malifaux. Literally. It's the A plot of the game. The humans will help them defeat the Tyrants, or so says the prophecy.
>>
>>48550742
It's a fun system. Played in a few sessions of it before rl got in the way and I really wanna get into another game of it.
>>
>>48551833
Ya it was the the whole reading the fate bit at the end that seemed weird to me. Do you just use the chart to make up the prophecy and then somehow string a story together or do you just make stuff up and go with it?
>>
>>48551874
They give the DM little seeds to sneak small plot moments into each session. Luckily they're vague enough to sneak in without too much hassle.
>>
>>48551857
>>>48551720 (You)
>The never born lured the humans back to malifaux. Literally. It's the A plot of the game. The humans will help them defeat the Tyrants, or so says the prophecy.
They did lure them back because they zorida said they were needed for the tyrants. Plus not everyone in neverborn enjoy the idea of inviting them back. I know lilith was really on the fence about it.

I am talking the first time the humans went through.
>>
>>48551471
>>48551720
There are plenty of people who are basically good. Lady Justice, Hoffman, even Ramos to name a few. However in Malifaux being a good person doesn't get you much and even basically decent people will have their ideals tested constantly and may need to compromise on them. Remember, bad things happen...
>>
>>48551978
>Ramos
>good
>>
>>48551978
Ramos is the textbook example of Lawful Evil. He runs a crime syndicate under the guise of a worker's union and he uses every tool at his disposal to achieve his goals, be it the cannibalistic Cult of December, the unnatural and inhuman magics of Marcus or just plain old hired beaters and saboteurs.

The M&SU is just as bad as the Guild, the only difference is that the Guild controls the official Soulstone trade and has a bigger infrastructure.
>>
>>48552079
It's funny because in first edition, all the old people were largest assholes who stirred up shit because they could.

Zorida, Ramos, Levi, Nicodem. In the story, they were always behind, or seemed to be, behind everything that affected Malifaux.
>>
>>48552175
Nicodem was not really behind the big events iirc. He was absent from the first book, took Kirai under his wing in book 2, and I think the next time he appeared was in Dead Man's Ball in M2E book 3. I might have missed something of course.
>>
>>48505227
So I have a question, and I need you guys to be straight with me; I am putting my trust in you right now.

Is Malifaux a dead game?

I played it once, back when the miniatures were still metal, and I loved it. Is it something you can find casual games for, or is the kind of thing you only buy when you have three committed friends?
>>
>>48550706
Heres to hoping that the rider guy is an oni. I would love to see a little more for Asami.
>>
>>48552330
It's alive, though it could depend on where you live, I don't really know about the US meta other than there are a lot of people writing in Malifaux-related FB groups from almost all the States.
>>
>>48552330
No. I actually got into it as it is more frequently played than Infinity where I am at, and I wanted something where you are going to have around a dozen models. It depends on where you are of course, and if no one nearby plays it, then try just playing it with buddies.
>>
>>48552369
He is.
>>
>>48552437
>>48552449
Hmm, your Facebook suggestion got me thinking... My LGS last listed a 'Malifaux Casual Night' on June 16th ... 2015. Shame. I always loved the cards.

Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>48552510
I think it's still worth to ask about it.
>>
>>48552598
I'll check with the owner and see if anyone's been expressing interest. For all I know there are dozens of us in town, all sighing forlornly and wishing there was still a casual Malifaux night.
>>
>>48546104
I've never seen a Ulix lost that doesn't spend the first couple turns summoning. How would you build a list that doesn't aim for that?
>>
>>48552090
In m2e fluff, Ramos feeds two union workers to the December cult to let Tina save face after he spanks her.

Afterwards he makes sure the widows and families are taken care of. So definitely Lawful Evil, but not necessarily a Bad Guy.
>>
>>48553130
Hunting Bow. It's crazy good.
>>
>>48552330
We have three stores within 30 minutes who hold regular events.

While each store as around eight players, getting more than six to show up for something is like pulling teeth. Getting a casual game in any night of the week is easy. League or tournament? No one shows.
>>
>>48553162
> not necessarily a Bad Guy
Because feeding two of your guards to a cannibalistic cult to save cult leader's face is not necessary bad, right?

Ramos is a Bad Guy. He just not the only Bad Guy there.
>>
>>48550230
jesus christ do you weight 300 lbs. you fat sack of shit

like have you ever even spoken to a woman
>>
>>48553886
Hey White knighto-san! This isn't your safe space kid, we're discussing biology.
>>
>>48553933
> sihk
> kebab

I hope your grasp of biology is better than geography, but it is pretty clear that you are a petty soul who is shitting up my malifaux thread with unrelated bullshit
>>
>>48553886
Don't waste your time on shitposters
>>
>>48554029
Taco American confirmed.
>>
File: stefan.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
stefan.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>48553886
Not an argument.
>>
>>48552616
>I'll check with the owner and see if anyone's been expressing interest. For all I know there are dozens of us in town, all sighing forlornly and wishing there was still a casual Malifaux night.

How many tables does your LGS have? If they run warhammer/warmachine nights and they have a problem filling all the tables, telling them that you can fit four players on one warhammer table to play the game will light up his eyes with dollar signs.

Unless they are a fucking disgusting games workshop store, you should have no problems.

Become a henchmen as well on the forums. You get some bonuses and discounts on the store if you run events and they will even through in prize packs if you get 16 players or more at one event. That might take awhile and takes some support of the store owner.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/henchman
>>
>>48552369

It def is. Flying, 50mm, and flying.

Sword attack has two triggers to attack again on success without the restriction they cannot be declared on triggered attacks. The triggers do have the only declared once per activation though, but 3 attacks from 1 Ap that you def want to save for the other 1.
>>
So do people play exclusively with gaining ground scenarios?

Debating making print outs if so.
>>
>>48553825
It was to preserve the tenuous alliance between the cult and the union. It wasn't just for the lulz
>>
Do we have Terracotta soldier card yet?
>>
>>48554863
You earn 2 points per player at an event. The 8 player prize kit is 10 points, 16 player is 25, 32 is 50.
>>
>>48550706
God that rainbow dragon pegasus rider thing looks amazing. The Terracotta army too. Anyone have any clue what's on their cards?
>>
>>48555543
While the vanilla schemes and strategies are good Gaining Grounds fixes some of the broken ones making them more balanced for the most part. Some of the changes are for tournaments where things like Bodyguard where always sub par as you might end on turn 3 and not get any points from it.

I'd say they are worth having both to use casually and in tournaments.
>>
>>48556474
You would get one from bodyguard as you ended the game with your bodyguard target in play at the end of the game.
>>
File: Masters and Dual Faction List.jpg (69KB, 960x847px) Image search: [Google]
Masters and Dual Faction List.jpg
69KB, 960x847px
Anybody care if I shamelessly plug my friend's youtube channel? He mostly makes battle reports for Malifaux and Kings of War.
>>
>>48557723
Go for it if they're of decent quality.
>>
>>48557723
Why would anyone take the time to recolor that?
>>
File: giphy.gif (195KB, 352x349px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
195KB, 352x349px
>>48558047
the real question is when is the gremlin/arcanist master
>>
>>48557723
>>48557928
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOJ5QEkygEWt4OPK6j5y5Zg/videos

I'd say the quality's good, feel free to correct me. I know he's worked on improving it at the video's progress and he gets feed back.

>>48558047
No idea, that's how I found it. And now that you mention it the wrong faction colors bother me.
>>
File: into-the-trash-it-goes.png (161KB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
into-the-trash-it-goes.png
161KB, 350x227px
>>48558190
>his friend plays story encounters
>>
File: Trash Alphys.jpg (30KB, 680x605px) Image search: [Google]
Trash Alphys.jpg
30KB, 680x605px
>>48558230
Meh, one of the seven Malifaux videos is a story encounter. What exactly is wrong with that?
>>
>>48558190
>https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOJ5QEkygEWt4OPK6j5y5Zg/videos
>>48558230
I'd actually found them before.
They're fairly good, I think.
>>
>>48558190
>>48558230
And they have a couple of Colette matches, which I've yet to see on any other halfway-decent Youtube channel so far.
>>
when will wyrd store be back up? :( i like looking at the pictures
>>
>>48558869
Just use Google Images. It actually does a better job of presenting the models as you can see what they look like in real life. GMorts is also pretty good, as they have most models unboxed.
>>
>>48558869
Probably August 4th for GenCon
>>
>>48559059
why would a company have their actual store where people can give them money be down for a week?
>>
>>48559077
preparing for the gen con sale most likely buddy
>>
>>48559077
Replacing servers and shit before getting shit raped by the gencon sale
>>
>>48559077
>>48559154
They need to get it ready with all of the pre-sales that will also be at GenCon. There is a long list of things that will be available once it's back up. So this lets people buy online the same things they will have on site at the con. The down time is probably to ensure it will all work correctly.
>>
>>48559565
you think they will make dark carnival available? its kinda the box set that made me want to play and was pretty bummed when i couldnt get it :(
>>
>>48559639
No, they have already revealed all the models that they intend on selling there. They are putting the old Easter sale box back up though. You should try looking at ebay and buy the box from a scalper.
>>
If I was to grab some Gamins for Sandeep, and already have metals, what would be a good choice: fire or ice?
>>
>>48559639
>>48559665
Don't know for sure. They have had other past alts but Dark Carnival might be a more limited run. It might also be available during the Black Friday sale. Actually, if it comes back up for sale it's probably for black Friday. I've also seen it come up as prize support.
>>
>>48559665
Black Friday and Easter is when you'd see past nightmares, not gencon. Gencon is all about new releases.
>>
>>48556268
Yes
>>
>>48559804
Whichever one you want the Master for more imo. Might as well get them in the crew box.

You could also consider Wind Gamin.
>>
>>48559804
Yes. Also get Wind Gaiman
>>
>>48560144
>>48559804
Wind Gamin would be a great add to Sandeep. Metal to tank and shit, wind to run around like spastic children doing schemes.

I also second that for the most part you may as well get Raspy or Kaeris if you want ice or fire gamin.
>>
For those wanting to get into gremlins, sky captains crew is the most awesome crew to play. Its like the rocketeer down to the engineer that doesn't wasn't to go on adventures.

Plus werepig gremlin and dueling banjos players that makes enemies paranoid.
>>
Help! I'm thinking about getting into this, it seems cool.

But I can't decide what flavor of "I might not be a good guy, but I sure as hell ain't no bad guy" I want to play.

My first though was Neverborn, they seem kinda cool, the natives fighting for their world. But Arcanists also seem intriguing. And so do some of the guild law keepers like Lady Justice. How do I pick one?
>>
>>48560318
What if i have a boner for Big Trouble in Little China and also as a side thing want Brewmasters crew?
How well does Zipp play with Gracie, Burt, Mancha and Lightning Bugs? How well do Skeeters/First Mate play in Wong/Brew?
>>
>>48560524
You can go to pullmyfinger and see if any of them stick out to you playstyle wise
>>
>>48560524
Okay well Lucius isn't all that competitive, but he is both Guild AND Neverborn, so he can help you move towards either one. Hes not bad, hes just somewhat limited in the objectives he can do better than others. The two player starter box is also Guild/Neverborn focused.

Honestly i don't think its best to start thinking about factions when you first play, i think your first crew should be the one that is going to suit you best whilst learning and look the coolest, THEN to pick the factions you want to focus on.

So what master looks coolest to you? Failing that what concepts and playstyles do you usually like?
>>
File: tumblr_nay9uuNakK1rv3a1no1_400.png (170KB, 300x459px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nay9uuNakK1rv3a1no1_400.png
170KB, 300x459px
This thread is pining for the fjords but I wanted to talk about 2 things this evening though both of them revolve around a fixed faction (2 list) tournament we have coming up.
The first is that the list I made up for Molly just doesn't seem to run well, though I believe it's mostly a problem on my part I know that will end up fucking me in a tournament setting.
My first list is currently:
Seamus -- 3ss
+Sinister Reputation - 1ss
+Red Chapel Killer - 1ss
+Corpse Bloat - 2ss
Copycat Killer - 3ss
Datsue Ba - 8ss
+Spirit Beacon - 1ss
+Spirit Whispers - 1ss
Nurse - 5ss
Rotten Belle - 5ss
Rotten Belle - 5ss
The Hanged - 9ss
Yin The Penangalan - 8ss
+Unnerving Aura - 1ss

I have all the other masters and most of the stuff for the faction so I'd like to hear some recommendations on other lists I could run.

My second Topic is more dealing with the tournament itself and the selection of Schemes. Our henchman posted the list of schemes and Strats today so that we could build our lists and practice some games about a month out. The list seems to have been compiled at random though, as the game I played today (to test out the molly list that did poorly) had 4 numbered schemes in it and no suits or doubles. Asking him about it went as well as could be expected, simply saying it was the way it was done for the last tourney so it will all work out fine. Pools of Schemes and Strats are as such:
>Round 1:
Strategy- Headhunter
Schemes- Convict Labor
Covert Breakthrough
Undercover Entourage
Frame for Murder
Inspection
>Round 2:
Strategy- Extraction
Schemes- Convict Labor
Search the Ruins
Show of Force
Leave Your Mark
Mark for Death
>Round 3:
Strategy- Guard the Stash
Schemes- Convict Labor
A Quick Murder
Occupy Their Turf
Neutralize the Leader
Detonate the Charges
>>
>>48560598
Well
In Neverborn the Masters that look and sound the most interesting to me are Lilith, Pandora, Dreamer & Chompy, Collodi, Lucius, Jakob Lynch, and Titania
Arcanist
Rasputina, Colette, Kaeris, Maybe Sandeep.
Guild
Sonnia Criid, Lady Justice, Perdita Ortega, C.Hoffman, Lucius

My play style depends When I was playing 40k I favored the Blood Angels for speed + toughness and used a bike captain with retinue, Jump and Bike Squads, stuff like that.

Playing Hordes I favor Legion for having speed + Power, but in Warmachine I favor Retribution for Lore and their 'jacks.

In Battletech I played a Clan Coyote SOB and Loved Proto mechs for their speed, and combine effort effects as well as using novas over just stars.

Warhammer (AOS) Slaaneshi Chaos. Again Speed and hitting power with clever surprises.

So I guess my play style is Hit fast, break the enemy and then pick them apart. and lick the marrow from their bones, but able to survive ,likely by being hard to hit and maybe taking one or two hits without collapsing.
>>
>>48560705
Can i ask why Datsue Bae with both upgrades?
Are you hoping to summon Gaki? Why do you need the Seishin upgrade? Molly feels like the more natural pick for a Datsue Bae list.

McMourning is my favorite Ressur and he can certainly get a lot done. McM + 1-2 nurses, his totem, sebastian, 1-2 Crooked Men, 1-2 Canine Remains and then whatever suits your fancy (personally i like Bete Noire to punish whoever kills my dogs) never goes too badly.

Ressur Tara with Yin, Nothing Beast, Grave Spirit and some Death Marshals would make a good core list in my opinion as well. The unimpeded Death Marshals can give shooting (something people rarely expect in Ressur) and with finish the job losing them isn't even all that bad. Yin can debuff enemy willpower for Nothing Beast to destroy or Tara to easily bury. Tara can get to the center of the board and shut down enemy interacts whilst tossing out peacebringer shots or slow, or if planning on using WP targeting abilities (like from the hanged, nothing etc) turn everyone fast and give them -2wp. Crooligans would be good choices for scheme runners if you dont plan to use void wretches.

Can you just tell us what masters/models you have?
>>
>>48560856
Neverborn would be closest for you. They're the faction of movement tricks, high damage tracks and quick models for the most part. I suggest Jakob Lynch to start with, because Illuminated are one of the only models in the game that cover all those, they can hit like a truck, have above average speed, and have incredible staying power.
>>
>>48560856
Lillith is a great person to start with as her core concepts are very simple. She stabs the fuck out of everyone and she controls movement/terrain. Pandora is auras, debuffs and fuck yous the master. Very potent and has a variety of ways of being played, but will take quite a bit of positioning, measurement and keeping track of things to use well.
Dreamer can be either a ranged caster that transforms into a huge beatstick or he can be a healing/support summoner that can also sometimes turn into a huge beatstick when threatened. My brother started with him and he can certainly be good, but until you get more models the summoner style will be a little awkward. Collodi I'm not sure is the best to start with, he wants an awkward selection of models from various factions and is supposedly complicated. Lynch comes with great models that will never let you down and can be played either as hand control or as a drug peddling damage fiend. Lucius is all about controlling and buffing weak servants. Titania makes use of one of the objective mechanics called "scheme markers" and will likely be quite different to the others.

Rasputina is the ultimate in long ranged casting, casting her spells through her minions. She brings icy death to everyone and is fearless. Colette is going to be sort of like Titania. Kaeris is a highly mobile battlefield controller who burns the shit out of everybody.

Criid is "FUCK MAGIC" the character. She burns the shit out of everyone, fucks over mages and never apologizes. Lady Justice is fairly simple, she fucking stabs the shit out of anything unfortunate enough to get close to her (nearly nothing can legitimately survive this) whilst her crew shoots anything that tries to run. Perdita is OP bullshit cancer fuck you and fuck anyone that plays her no im not salty or biased. Hoffman is ROBOTMAN and whilst complicated, has a large number of tricks involving buffing his legion of robots, some of which he can steal from arcanits (cont)
>>
>>48560856
>>48561051
Anyway my final suggestion is for you to get Lillith to start with. Lillith has a lot of movement tricks, comes with a henchman with excellent disruptive power, her whole crew favors speedily closing into melee and they all have an ability called "black blood" which deals 1 damage to every non-black blooded thing around them when they take damage, so taking hits often REWARDS you! Good choices to expand from there would be Lynch box for its Illuminated, which are very tanky melee fellows, Waldgeists who are disruptive trees that play with terrain a bit and TUCO. Tuco is a madman with a shotgun who sneaks around the board blasting vulnerable targets before slinking away from foes that engage him and laughing his head off. He will never let you down!
>>
>>48560894
Datsuba makes Seishin which is the most important part, as I can activate Saemus pull the seishin to him to create a wall and then teleport him away. Her ranged attack is also pretty boss, especially if they happen to be within seamus -2 wp bubble from insidious rep.

The idea behind that list is to blow up corpses and cause lots of wp duels mainly.

As for what I own, I have all the Resser Masters (Seamus, Molly, Dr. Dufrense, Nicodiem, Yan Lo, Tara, & Karai) and like I said I own just about every model that is out for Ressers right now. I'm not a huge fan of Tara (I fucking love her theme but I think she's meh) but there is no denying that she could probably do well given the schemes and her ability to take death marshals.

I dunno I really want to run the Seamus list because It's simple to me and it's a good tournament style list. But I'm starting to think I may be better off with another faction.
>>
>>48561124
Thank you I'll try her out. She seems fun and that seems a good way to go.
>>
>>48561161
Okay, well now that i understand the Seamus List it seems quite good.

Ultimately my experience is limited to theory beyond McMourning and Tara. So lets talk about DUFRESNE. The ability to push your models around and make scheme markers is going to be excellent with schemes like Frame For Murder, Detonate the Charges etc around. The ability to ignore armor/hard to wound will help a lot in the killy schemes too. I'm just not sure what specific list you should run though. Perhaps a Shikome heavy list abusing McMourning to push Izamu around with the usual Sebastian, Chiuaha, Nurses and Chiaki? A Rogue Necromancy, Guild Autopsies or Crooked Men could hurl poison at range for Canine Remains and Shikome to charge, and Shikome can give Adversary to let Izamu rip someone apart whilst Nurses heal him and Chiaki removes the paralyze. McMourning himself can expunge anyone who gets low health or continue to push his models whilst picking off models who are alone.
>>48561199
Seriously consider Lynch as your second master though. The other poster was not wrong about Illuminated and he will give you a second playstyle quite distinct, yet still featuring some disruptive speedy attack shenanigans.
>>
>>48561199

Going to tell you how to perform the Lilith slingshot trick since it can confuse people and accuse you of cheating it's so unexpected and good. You will need to step through her ability step by step sometimes.

The Lilith Slingshot

Basically, you use Tangle Shadows to not just switch two other models, but you switch out a any weak model within 12 (ignoring LOS because she ignores that type of stuff when using Casting actions) that is in hot water OR she wants to warp to an enemy model without involving any friendly model.

Tangle Shadows says "Select a friendly model within 6" of this model and place it base contact with the target model. If the friendly model can be placed, then place the target model in base contact with this model."

The thing people keep ignoring about this spell is the fact they assume "Select a friendly model within 6" of this model" means a model other than Lilith. If it said Select other friend model", it would be different, but Lilith is friendly to herself and within 6" of herself, so she is a legal target for "friendly model". the "target model" will be a model you control or the enemy model.

Tangle Shadows is an attack action against Wp so either have one the friend model in hot water relent or cheat whatever they flip normally down so the attack hits. If you want to target an enemy model, normal flips are involved.

What happens when using Tangle Shadows on a model you control

{L} = Lilith - always going to friendly model within 6"
{F} = One of your friendly models - target model
{E} = Enemy - fucked model
{l} = where Lilith used to be
{f} = where friendly model used to be

{L} <----------16"---------->{F}{E}

After "Select a friendly model and place it base contact with the target model"

{l}<-------------~15"---------->{L}{F}{E}

After "If the friendly model can be placed"

{l}<--------------~14----------->{F}{L}{f}{E}

Net result: Lilith in the house and saved a dude.
>>
>>48561764

Now for Lilith slingshotting her self against an enemy model.

{L} = Lilith - always going to friendly model within 6"
{E} = Enemy - fucked model
{l} = where Lilith used to be
{e} = where fucked model used to be

{L} <----------16"---------->{E}

After "Select a friendly model and place it base contact with the target model"

{l}<-------------~15"---------->{L}{E}

After "If the friendly model can be placed..."

{l}<--------------~14----------->{E}{L}{e}

When placing models, note you can place them all around the models. So if Lilith barely gets a 50mm model in range, she can place herself 50mm beyond 16" by going on the opposite side of the 50mm model.
>>
>>48561508
Hrm...while that list is enticing, my group is about 30 people in total that come up from time to time. 14 of those are regular players and of them about 3-4 play Mcmourning in some form. it's not to say he's bad he's just overplayed in my meta.

I'm actually kinda tempted to run a tara list with Killjoy in some form though, as she was played for a little bit and then died off.

Truth be told though most of the local players simply know that I run ressers most don't realize that I have at least 4 masters from every faction and most of the stuff that runs well with them. I could always Dark horse another list in suddenly. I'm sorely tempted to run a Von schill shooting list and a Misaki "Ninja" list if I didn't enjoy that Seamus list so much.
>>
>>48561819
Interesting trick. That will take some skill to pull off, and some remembering. Kinda reminds me of the Mark 1 Warmachine Hail Mary Harbinger Throw.
>>
>>48561851
FOLLOW YOUR HEART ANON
Also Why Misaki ninja list? Von Schill already gives you "charge whilst engaged" shenanigans. Its not that the two ideas are bad, its just both masters seem too similar for my tastes.
>>
>>48561952
One you do it once, you can just remember "I want Lilith fighting that thing. Is it within 16"? "

Then just know you have two options, one which is the hard way where you target the enemy's Wp or the easy way where you target something you control that happens to be close by with the side benefit of re positioning them either putting them closer to something else or pulling them out.

You don't worry about LoS or anything since she sees through blocking terrain.
>>
>>48561764
12", not 16". Which is weird considering you got the range right when you were saying what the ability does, but not anywhere else.
>>
>>48561952
In addition to what the other guy said, you can also use it to get a big beater like Nekima in.

Basically just run some quick model in, like a Terror tTot, use tangle shadows on it, and place your big scary 50mm death dealer next to the Terror Tot, and either bring the terror tot back to Lilith or leave it up there to gum up the works some more. Or trading the place of some enemy model you want to kill with your beater, which will have the net result of your model in their crew and their model about to taste Lilith's sword.

Listing all the tricks Lilith can do would take a hell of a long time. She is hands down the most versatile master in the neverborn faction, if not the entire game.
>>
>>48562053
THe ninja masaki list is actually taking a 10 thunders Misaki list in outcasts so the list should look kinda like....
Misaki -- 2ss
+Survivalist - 1ss
+Stalking Bisento - 2ss
+Cutpurse - 1ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
Hodgepodge Effigy - 4ss
Jorogumo - 9ss
Jorogumo - 9ss
Jorogumo - 9ss
Yamaziko - 7ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss
+Smoke & Shadows - 1ss

Jorogumo are there is kill everything, Misaki is there it pick off stragglers, the hodgepodge is there for his Card deal and to scheme run, and provided Yamizako lives long after turn 1 she runs schemes too. Trapper is there because he's cheap and gives me a bit of range.

Von Schill is more of a ranged "Kill shit then run schemes" and would probably look more like....
Von Schill -- 1ss
+Survivalist - 1ss
+The Shirt Comes Off - 1ss
+Tally Sheet - 1ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
Freikorps Trapper - 6ss
Hans - 8ss
+Oathkeeper - 1ss
Hodgepodge Effigy - 4ss
Lazarus - 10ss
Ronin - 6ss
Ronin - 6ss
Idea Behind this list is to get Von Schill in range and use his Reaper Ult over and over. Hans and the Trapper boys are on Sniping duty and Lazarus is on hoard clearing. The Ronin are in there as soulstones if needed and pokey run and murder junk if they aren't.
>>
>>48562310
Wouldn't it be better to attach S&S to Misaki so you don't have to use Yamaziko?
And how often do you manage to S&S anyways? Since it needs fairly high Masks won't three Jorogumo make it hard to use it reliably?
>>
>>48560856
>i enjoy playing the OP shit

go neverborn with lilith
>>
>>48561819
serious question, why not just load up mspaint instead of a stupid text example of a visual concept?
>>
>>48562688
I wouldn't call Protomechs OP, they are more fragile per point than a point of mech in a star.

And a Nova is Star of Mechs with a Star of Power armor infantry. Only OP in games set in 3049 against innerspehere.
>>
File: 1444191733043.gif (1MB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
1444191733043.gif
1MB, 292x323px
>>48562743
wut
>>
>>48562650
If you throw down smoke and flip a mask it gives you a mask for your "free" shadow stride.
Yamaziko gets it for two reasons, the first of which is by burning Oathkeeper you can race her 16 inches across the board. If she is the last thing activating then that means there is little to stop the spider train that is rolling into pain station as they can pop 6 inches out when they reappear. Meaning a threat range of 22"
S&S also gets put on her because misaki should be using her upgrade slots to make her combat potential even better.

Also New thread here >>48562700
>>
>>48562824
I'm saying the stuff I liked wasn't OP in it's setting, more, fast and survivable because it was hard to hit but not a glass cannon, more tin, they can take a light hit but not a heavy one and walk away. Meaning if I made a mistake I might loose one or two things but not the whole battle. I could recover.
>>
>>48551978
>>>48551471
>>>48551720 (You)
>There are plenty of people who are basically good. Lady Justice, Hoffman, even Ramos to name a few. However in Malifaux being a good person doesn't get you much and even basically decent people will have their ideals tested constantly and may need to compromise on them. Remember, bad things happen...
Basically individuals can be goos, but throwing your lot in with a fac I
>>48562707
>>>48561819
>serious question, why not just load up mspaint instead of a stupid text example of a visual concept?

My life is over !!!!!!!
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.