[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #983: Gauntlet Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 658
Thread images: 58

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48487830
>>
>>48494684
That's the true end. Nobody else could possibly want it to end any other way.
>>
File: 019.png (442KB, 902x1300px) Image search: [Google]
019.png
442KB, 902x1300px
>>48494684
No the anime ended already, but the manga that it was based on is still going on, also page to show the stabbed bit that he got better from.
>>
>>48494624
More likely the former. The War is a subtle thing were celestials try to win mortal souls for their side, and most people are going to assume you're going to play along with that. Then there's the fact that it will take you a while to build up a suitable force of angelic servitors to make a large difference anyway. Some demons might even be glad that you're there, depending on your politics. Andrealphus and the other Princes who want to keep things at a stalemate so the flow of human souls doesn't get disrupted might be thrilled to hear there's someone else in Heaven to help talk down the more militant Archangels for example.

On the other hand, if you start to make big waves, especially by bringing in out of setting powers, everyone will sit up and take notice. The last couple of times a Demon Prince got too powerful and started to conquer Earth on their own, both sides teamed up against them, and it might happen again if people get too scared of you. So really it's down to how you present yourself.
>>
>>48489798
Jump #25: Ben 10

Bellwood
Refugee - 200
Human - 0

Saint - 600
Magic - 0
Anodite - 600

Grimoires - 0

Companion Import - 300

Null Void + 100
The Most Dangerous Game + 300
Rooting You Out + 300

Priscilla

Refugee

Archmada Book of Spells - 300
Staff of Ages - 300

Yang

Human
Forever Knight

Saint

Ciri

Human
Homeless

Osmosian - 300
Lightbringer - 300

Witcher

Homeless

Osmosian - 300
Technopath - 300

So my plan is to defeat Hex and banish him back to Ledgerdomain, then convince Charmcaster to become my apprentice.

We'll be under constant attack, but hey. Nothing incentvises mastering phenomenal cosmic power quite like threat of imminent death.

I'll leave Gwen a beginner's spellbook lying around somewhere.

Then, I'll spend most of the jump showing up and teleporting Vilgax to random planets whenever he appears.

Oh, and getting some new morphs. This setting is basically an all-you-can-eat buffet for Animorphs.
>>
Are bioconverters and biocapacitors actual thing in infamous universe or jump fiat?

If you get extra power, do you also gain that power's method of recharging?

At one point in games Cole could stand on electric fence to remain recharged constantly. Would a Video conduit touching or standing on the screen also have unlimited energy this way or do they drain pixels faster than they are returned to normal?

How hard must you focus to grab things without issues and what would these issues be for Video man
>>
>>48494806
You got good taste. Charmcaster is best waifu.

Although in Alien Force her fashion sense was just gone...
>>
>>48494796
>Disrupt the flow of human souls
Wait, what? What's that all about? I mean, is there a specific source of human souls that will get messed up if the stalemate is broken?
Also, on the second note...how powerful are we talking about here? What's the standard level of power, and what's the power level that would get me ganged up on?
>>
>>48494863
It wasn't that bad. They were clearly going for a Doctor Strange theme.
>>
>>48494873
>>Disrupt the flow of human souls
>Wait, what? What's that all about? I mean, is there a specific source of human souls that will get messed up if the stalemate is broken?
Probably where they go, I'd assume? Like Heaven or Hell?
>>
File: The Purge Jump.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
The Purge Jump.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Hi all! I'm back with changes to the jump after reading the critics.

i'm not really trollin, woiuld a troll have put so much effort into a jump of suffiecent quality??

I;m one of you.
>>
Is there any setting where Zoroaster was right?
>>
>>48494924
Explain?
>>
Would the Helm of Fate work outside of DC?
>>
>>48494924
Zoroastrianism? I'm sure there are settings where it is factual, yes. Don't think there's a jump with them currently though. There are even more where Judaism and Christianity, which cribbed heavily from it, are right.
>>
>>48494904
Oh, well that's alright then. I mean, we don't want people to go to hell anyway...do we? Is there some sort of balance between good and evil thing going on?
>>
>>48494909
There is nothing particularly wrong with it but it is a gauntlet, a lot of the people who have been interested in this world were hoping to "teach the new government the error of its ways".
>>
>>48494837
I dunno about bioconverters, but I am curious if you can develop your conduit powers as high as the conduit who had them or only as high as the guy who absorbed them, or in between
>>
>>48494970
Welcome to the Jungle (+1000CP): You may choose to import your entire Chain
experience to place the Purge in. Your stay will now be ten years long instead of twelve
hours long. You may either choose to place it in amalgam America as in A Nation Reborn,
or a bizarre and distorted realm reflecting your entire Chain. You will have access to all
your perks and items, but no Companions unless imported. You can only purchase new
perks, items and companions from this Gauntlet, at twice the cost. You may not take any
backgrounds in this Gauntlet or benefit from discounts.

Not optimal, but it does what those people want.
>>
>>48494939
see >>48494957
Which is disappointing, because Zoroastrianism is significantly more interesting than any rendition of Christianity.
>>
>>48494909
>claims not to be a troll
>promises quality
>misspells and fucks up punctuation
You're a dedicated troll, I'll give you that.
>>
>>48494909
>Oh joy, It's the Purge jump again!
>Still a gauntlet.
>instant boner-killer
>>
How versatile is Bayonetta Witches/Sages time manipulation? The jump says they have a time stop, but can they accelerate their own time to achieve similar effects? Or slow everything else down?
>>
File: blank15.jpg (12KB, 292x165px) Image search: [Google]
blank15.jpg
12KB, 292x165px
>>48494903
Huh. I always figured it was more of a Scarlet Witch look.

>>48494837
As far as I remember those're fiat.

From what little I remember I think you just get the extra power

It was a rigged up generator, not a fence; he just skated around while he was all charged up because of the generator. It's not clear. Eugene or Delsin never gets access to a source of video pixels

Again, it's not clear. Eugene was put through a LOT of training/experimentation though; Prisoner background would probably have sharpened your skills in that regard.

>>48494924
Well, potentially Percy Jackson jump depending on your pantheon import I guess.

Fate/Jumpchain would probably make him very sad, though. Angra Mainyu's a scrublord who got hooked up to a magic wish machine and the closest thing to Ahura Mazda is a blind, instinctive force that promotes human survival above all other considerations
>>
>>48494924
Uh, Supernatural? TTGL?
>>
>>48495026
Don't we have some really popular gauntlets? #NotAllGauntlets

Besides, it offers options to grant you the perks you had from one jump or your entire jump.
>>
>>48495030
Judging from the gameplay - not very. Then again I've just barely gotten into playing it and haven't watched any LPs, so maybe they display time-fuckery later?

Mostly it's just the Witch / Sage Time.
>>
>>48495042
You can't import monotheistic religions in Percy Jackson.
>>
>>48494909
I literally never heard of this setting outside of this thread.
>>
>>48494999
So basically in order to get the purge jump we want we have to not take any origins, get no discounts, and pay double for everything while still having our companions limited.
>>
>>48495042
Maybe so, but I always saw it more like Strange. Look, she's got the tall collar, a similar symbol on her chest, the too-long shirt, and a sash.
>>
>>48495096
It's a series of fairly popular (?) films in the US.
>>
>>48495091
It's not Monotheism, it's Dualism.
>>
File: Blank21.jpg (21KB, 300x415px) Image search: [Google]
Blank21.jpg
21KB, 300x415px
>>48495030
Bayonetta isn't exactly deepest lore but to quote one of the journals in the first game-

"As “Overseers of History,” they possessed the ability to literally see everything in an instant, also known as Temporal Control. This technique sharpened all of the five senses, and pushed one’s emotional energy to its very limits. It is a world where a falling drop of water can become a crown, and a humming-bird slowly and elegantly flaps its wings. Temporal Control is not just simply being able to recognize this world, it also enables one to boost their physical abilities and move freely within that single moment.

Temporal Control requires a sound body and mind, and complete grasp of Spirit Energy. While quite similar, the witches and sages each practiced this art differently, leading to different names for their respective techniques, Witch Time and Light Speed."

-the answer's kinda confusing, because metaphysically their powers are perception-based. So theoretically they seem to have lots of versatile effects, it's just in practice they boil down to time stopping/slowing.

From what I remember in the cutscenes, visually Umbra powers resemble timestops while Lumen powers resemble personal time acceleration.
>>
>>48494909
Please make the full jump option more palatable.
>>
>>48495106
It's probably influenced by both, tnbh.
>>
>>48495096
It's a series of fairly okay american horror movies. The third one came out this year. It's also useful for spotting would be social darwinists.

>>48495098
One the plus side it offers thousands of CP worth in drawbacks. Seriously, how do you balance something like that?
>>
Hey jumpers, what's your favorite invention?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTLCHKb20zI
>>
File: blank15.png (233KB, 674x574px) Image search: [Google]
blank15.png
233KB, 674x574px
>>48495057
>TTGL
>implying

>>48495106
>>48495130
Hmm. I always figured it was Scarlet Witch/Loki's female look.

>>48495138
I don't have a favorite. Most of them fulfil specific infrastructural roles, which together create something greater than the sum of their parts.

I guess the most whimsical would be The Roast Chicken of Eternity: A bird which, like the phoenix, cooks itself and can be devoured every evening only to reconstitute itself overnight and be ready for lunch, dinner or in emergencies a brunch.
>>
Would it be possible to make an epic spell that destroys everything in an area and everything in that area in overlapping dimensions?
>>
>>48495198
I dunno, fanwank something.
>>
>>48495059
Do we? I'm not being rhetorical here.

>>48495132
Competence? Most Gauntlets do a decent job of balancing things.
>>
>>48495059
I'm not sure if I would call any of the gauntlets popular give how little chatter they usually gt from the tread. With that in mind however that doesn't mean I don't think a few of them like SOMA and the Elder Scrolls one are awesome.
>>
>>48494909
I wonder what happens if you import DC and take your purge jump in Gotham.
>>
>>48494909
>woiuld a troll have put so much effort into a jump of suffiecent quality
Yes. Absolutely. It's what trolls live for, because they have nothing else going on in their sad, pathetic little lives.
That said, for now I choose to believe that you're a shitty speller with a rather shaky grasp on the concept of jumpmaking.

>Still a Gauntlet.
*Disappointment intensifies*
>"1000 CP full Jumper" option
Cautious optimism. Maybe it'll be like the option Red put in for Mad Ma-
>punishes people for taking the option
Disappointment back in full force. It's like you're not even trying.

Why don't you make it a normal jump?
There is nothing so special about this IP that it needs to be made into a Gauntlet.
Gauntlets in general are fairly counter-intuitive to the concept of Jumpchain in the first place, and if they are made, there should be a truly fantastic reward at the end.
Also, those setting options are murdering what little setting is there.

>>48495096
It's a series of three mid-tier horror movies where the U.S. government, on the verge of collapse, sets up The Purge, a period of 12 hours between 7:00 P.M. March 21 and 7:00 A.M. March 22.
During that time there are no government services (police, hospitals, fire dept. etc.) and all crime, up to and including murder, is completely legal. With the exception that you can't use WMDs, or weapons above a certain classification, and government officials of a certain ranking are immune.
Allegedly it helps keep down crime, unemployment, and every other social malady of modern society, but what it really does is kill off poor people who rely on government assistance.
It's okay as a horror movie, but it also has a neat little philosophical social responsibility question in there somewhere.
>>
>>48495278
>there should be a truly fantastic reward at the end.
No, there shouldn't be, because there's zero risk.
>>
>>48495327
12 hours with no powers in an anarchistic environment where people are looking to kill every one they can find.
>>
>>48495327
Zero risk in a gauntlet? Nigger what.
>>
>>48495347
>>48495345
You literally cannot lose the chain. if you die, you just move on to the next jump. How do you not know this basic rule of gauntlets?
>>
>>48495327
Then Gauntlets shouldn't exist at all?
I mean, I wouldn't object, in most circumstances, but there are a couple settings that really only make sense as a Gauntlet.

The only reason I said that to begin with is because if I'm getting gypped out of a full jump, I at least want something to remember it by.

>>48495345
>>48495347
He's technically correct. The best kind of correct.
If you die in a Gauntlet, your chain still goes on, no harm, no foul.
>>
File: zorg.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
zorg.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>48494806

I like ben 10 as a genetic buffet too - but as a zerg.
>>
>>48495366
Well yeah, but one's like this are hard as fuck to survive. There should be a reward for doing that.
>>
>>48495198
There's an epic spell that layers dimensions together to cause mass destruction (country busting), so yes.
>>
>>48495406
Why? You don't lose anything for taking it nor for failing it. I can see a small reward for winning a challenge but apparently tens of millions of people manage it in the movies every year. It's not as difficult as you say nor does it have any sort of real risk, so why should it get a 'fantastic reward'?
>>
>>48495406
Why? You literally can't not survive it.

>>48495381
I like Robot Unicorn Attack, LLTQ, Gaki no Tsuki and that one about Elder Scrolls werewolves Cats did a while ago personally.
>>
>>48495278
>Poor people
What about the middle class?
>>
>>48495451
>and that one about Elder Scrolls werewolves Cats did a while ago
That one is still incomplete, it has like two more parts to go.
>>
>>48495366
The point is that it is a challenge to jumpers that normaly ha ha fuck you BBEGs of most settings, you normally get a major reward (by said setting's standards) for "winning" because jumpers wouldn't bother with them unless there was a good prize at the end.
>>
>>48495011
I'd find it better for jumpchain adaptation since Ahura Mazda isn't actually omnipotent, just the most powerful thing in his universe, kind of like a D&D overgod.
>>
>>48494806
Jump #26: Worm

Male
Las Vegas
Hero - 100

Outside Context Problem - 0
What I Fight For - 0
No Such Thing As Collateral - 0
Tooth and Nail - 100
You Can Be More - 300

Dimensional Breach Controller - 300
Full Line Up - 300

Reverse Engineering - 400

Personal Problems + 100
On the Radar + 200
Wanted + 200

Priscilla:

Hero

Miniaturization and Efficiency

Yang

Hero

Warp Spasm

Ciri

Hero

Enhnaced Mastery

Witcher

Hero

Soft Physics

Charmcaster

Rogue

Thanatos
>>
>>48495452
The middle class pay out the ass for high tech security systems thus stimulating the economy, another benefit of the purge is the various businesses it creates.
>>
>>48495482
Well first you must find a videogame, anime, book, or other where Zoroastrianism is correct.
>>
How's Libromancer? I'm not familiar with the property, is the jump good? How dangerous is the setting?
>>
>>48495490
There is an update coming so you may want to hold off on that.
>>
>>48495452
It's primarily for the extermination of the lower class.
The first movie revolves around a rich family taking in a homeless veteran, and protecting him from a bunch of rich kids who call the veteran a 'disgusting pig', or something like that.

The second movie revolves around a poor young couple trying to survive out in the open, and also a cop getting revenge.

Third one again revolves around the poor defending themselves from the rich, while the one senator running for president with campaign of destroying The Purge gets targetted, and rules are modified specifically so they can target her.
>>
>>48495477
It does offer significant rewards for the setting.

"A white carnation pin, if you did not partake in any illegal or unjust actions during the
Purge. Those who are seen wearing it can be assumed to be of strong moral character
until shown otherwise."

"Reward Cross of the Innocent: A wooden crucifix necklace that gives you the presence of
an innocent person. It turns black in the presence of a truly cruel and evil person, and
turns white in the presence of a just and kind one."

Stuff like this is a bit beyond the scope of the setting. Maybe this kind of stuff just appeals to me because I'm a moralfag, but that last one is more than just situationally useful.
>>
>>48495529
It's mostly useless for jumpers that will blow up planets if the setting annoys them enough for any reason, who are a significant number if not the majority of the thread.
>>
>>48495505
It's okay
>>
>>48495477
>>48495559
Are you chucklefucks seriously arguing you should get better shinies because of interjump balance?

Because it seems like you are.
>>
>>48495576
I think he might be baiting.
>>
>>48495559
So a gauntlet should not only give a reward for beating it when there's no risk, but the reward should also be something vastly beyond the setting's power level?
>>
>>48495529
Those are all extremely situational and better perks for them are often available in jumps where such things would be relevant.

Perks relevant to the path you took would have been better than highly situational items that you will never use.
>>
>>48495583
He might be false-flagging.
>>
>>48495600
That's just a specific flavor of bait.
>>
>>48495490
Let's see, where to start?

Probably transform Shadowstalker into something unpleasant. Turn the E88 into various other ethnicities.

Then I'll move on to more important stuff; tracking down Jack and shoving his own knife down his throat, tracking down Saint and finding an alternate dimension where robots really did take over to drop him off in. Finding away to unshackle Dragon.

Eidolon's getting a nice punch in the face. Cauldron's already tracking
me anyway.

We'll help fight Endbringer 's of course, and sweep up the rest of S9.

Spend the free time studying various Tinker tech.

Then leave Scion to be dealt with Post-Spark.
>>
>>48495576
I'm not them, but I'm not arguing for that.
I just don't think it needs to be a Gauntlet.
I should just be a standard jump, like over 99% of settings.

There is nothing unique or fascinating enough about the IP that calls for this kind of souper speshul treatment.

It's literally just an alternate earth where things have happened differently.

If we had a Sliders jump, you could probably find a knockoff version of The Purge setting there.

Hell, even Rick and Morty did it.
>>
>>48495605
Eh, not always. I usually associate "bait" with "trolling", which might not be the reason for someone's false-flagging.
>>
>>48495522
I know, but I need a couple of our powers for an upcoming jump, and Worm's plate is pretty full, I think, so I don't know how long it'll be. I'll likely end up changing some companion powers when the update comes out.
>>
>>48495587
No, it shouldn't exist at all. Gauntlets are terrible.
>>
>>48495434
Millions of people with good security systems. I get it depends on your situation in the gauntlet.
>>
>>48495576
Well I am arguing that gauntlets should have good rewards relative to the setting because otherwise there would be no reason to take them, said rewards should be useful to you no matter how powerful you are while still not being very far above the setting it came from.
>>
>>48495505
Usual Urban Fantasy fare, it seems. From the notes, the biggest direct magic exhibited was summoning ice to stop a battleship. Far as biggatons go, you should be safe expecting neighborhood-level stuff.

But considering some of the perks... Yeah, there's gonna be some esoteric shit to worry about. Can't help you there.

Also a (necromantic) zombie apocalypse maybe?

The jump's alright. Not the best, but it beats the average.
>>
>>48495616
>Eidolon's getting a nice punch in the face.
Why? It's not like he's doing that shit on purpose; he has no control over the Endbringers at all.
Oh, wait, do you have one of those 'bitchslap people back to sanity' perks?
>>
>>48495627
Oh, well.

I'm personally kind of indifferent to it being a Gauntlet or not. I'm not even sure if it's really a developed enough setting to make a jump for. Seems like these days people'll make anything vaguely fictional into a jump, even the ones which'd be awkward to make backgrounds and such for.

>>48495600
I dunno how to prove I'm not but-check my IP or whatever if possible, I think they're full of shit and I don't want to facilliate their bullshit.
>>
>>48495647
>relative to the setting
>while still not being very far above the setting it came from

I can agree with this part actually, this seems like a good principle.

>no matter how powerful you are

Trouble is I'm not wholly certain what the qualifier for power here is and making it an axiom could result in it contradicting the first part.
>>
>>48495656
He's so obsessed with playing Hero that he's fucking people over. Or atleast that's my understanding; I only got halfway through the series. Been meaning to finish it.

And I don't have those perks, so I'm being forced to improvise.
>>
>>48495646
>good
You haven't seen even the first movie. The main character who sells these systems specifically says they're mostly cosmetic and don't really do much. And he sells them to rich people. How are all the poor people surviving?
>>
>>48495683
>>48495656

To be fair he kind of is. He purposefully sabotaged the fight with Noel/Echidna to try and die in battle or get riled up enough to increase his powers.

Eidolon is kinda like Bancho. His life is meaningfless and empty and he hates himself so all he has in the end is this little dream where he's worth a damn.
>>
>>48495683
Gundam UC.

Bright Slap.

PICK. IT. UP.
>>
>>48495616
Oh, and Legend's definitely getting a pat on the back. Being an unambiguously heroic nice guy in that universe is a feat all its own.
>>
>>48495692
So the Purge isn't actually dangerous then? Just staying in the doors should keep you safe.
>>
>>48495699
You made me spill my drink, you fuck.
>>
>>48494909
Best city to drop in, Buffalo NY. Numerous abandoned steel making plants, factories, and warehouses, along with multiple marinas. Either hide or steal a boat, sail less then 5 miles and you're in Canada.
>>
>>48495706
I'll look into it, thanks. Will save me from cutting into my Naruto budget.
>>
>>48495658
>I'm not even sure if it's really a developed enough setting to make a jump for.
If True Lies can get a jump, The Purge setting can too.
If anything, it's more developed than even True Lies, which is basically a version of earth with one single crazy story.

The Purge has a new, unique (far right?) political party, and new religious sects have opened up to include The Purge in their celebrations and practices.

Meanwhile there's a rebel group working figuratively underground, fighting against the government's utter abandonment of it's people.

And civilians are all caught somewhere in the middle, just trying to survive their probably extremely mentally ill fellow citizens.

>>48495717
If no one knows you're there, you should be fine. Bored, but safe.
The moment someone knows you're there, whether they're a Purger or prey, your survival rate gets cut in half, minimum.
Unless you're a main character with full plot armor, which a powerless Jumper would most certainly not be.
>>
>>48491168
Pretty good, hammered out the drawbacks, except for the 1000 CP one.Just need to come up with some good items and finish writing up the powers. I can post the drawbacks if anyone wants to take a look and can give me a few minutes to make sure they're sorted out?

>>48493366
No, just what you had at that moment.
>>
>>48495672
Basically what I mean is a something like a perk/item that's usefulness isn't dependent on the jumper's power level (or lack thereof).

For settings like Purge a good specialized social or luck perk that helps you in situations broadly related to the subject of the gauntlet would be good.

In a more high tech setting a technologically advanced item that can be either used by a low tech level jumper or reverse engineered for an addition to their technical knowledge for a high tech jumper.
>>
>>48495683
>He's so obsessed with playing Hero that he's fucking people over.
That actually sounds like Armsmaster.
>>48495699
Oh yeah, I remember that. What a dick. A sad, suicidal dick.
>>
>>48495755
>spoilers
Which one, Galactus or Thanos?
>>
>>48495699
He's, far as he knows, one of the only people who can even dream of dealing with goldielocks.

I can forgive him for doing stupid shit to try and stop his continuous powering-down in that situation.
>>
File: 4434_l.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4434_l.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>48495699
But anon, all of our lives are meaningless and empty.
>>
>>48495768
Well, it does offer one of the best morality meters in jumpchain.
>>
>>48495769
I kind of feel sorry for Arms master, even if he is a major dick. So I just ended up making a cyborg body for Dragon and shoving him at her, then hoping for the best.
>>
File: Marvel Canada.jpg (68KB, 522x490px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel Canada.jpg
68KB, 522x490px
>>48495751
>>48495755
The Purge is probably what would happen if all the supernatural aspects of Marvel suddenly disappeared.
>>
>>48495426
Would that work on Nazarick?
>>
>>48495800
It is a basic morality meter that isn't all that effective and it is a scenario reward for not being able to fight back.
>>
>>48495820
What is that pic from?
>>
>>48495692
>>48495717
>>48495751
It's actually heavily implied that the Purge isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing. The majority of people actually don't go out and kill each other in some bloodbath of orgy and violence, so the Founding Fathers have to hire death squads to go out and slaughter people in order to keep the quota up. Along with the resistance trying to take down the Purge, and it comes off less of a "massive orgy of violence and death" and more "massive rich folk/government conspiracy that just so happens to put the poor people in the crosshairs while trying to convince them to do it to each other too"

In short, they're heavily trying to play up a system that simply isn't working.
>>
>>48495824
Are the New World dimension and Earth close enough one can travel between them? If so, yes. But you're destroying the concurrent part of Earth as well, remember.
>>
>>48495820
Daily Reminder that living in DC or Marvel is a terrifying combination of a cosmic horror story and dystopian fiction about how power corrupts.
>>
>>48495839
Not like the system would work if it was happening like they had wanted either.
>>
>>48495837
Marvel Canada has mutant death camps, iirc.
>>
>>48495776
Ooh, what's that soap smell like?
Also:
>net wt 2 oz
not
>net wt irrelevant
Missed opportunity. I guess it doesn't matter.
>>
>>48495847
What does Earth have to do with anything?
>>
So, some anons were saying before that Sailor Moon reaches some pretty high power levels.
So, uh, how does that work for jumpers? I mean, do we naturally just keep up with everyone as long as we don't have that one drawback that causes us to fall behind? Is that power only for that one jump/universe?
I though this was just some planetary level stuff at most, how the hell does this go full on galaxy/universe level?!
>>
>>48495852
So what does that mean for us as jumpers with god like powers?
>>
>>48495858
I guess it goes on the list, should I hit it before or after Wakanda?
>>
>>48495837
>Mutantkind's greatest enemy? Canada, apparently.
- Beast

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Neverland
>>
>>48495847
Any way to convince Ainz to calm down after I blow up his Guild?
>>
>>48495871
God-like is relative.
>>
>>48495871
A sobering reminder that there's Always A Bigger Fish, and that no matter how much power you amass, nothing you do will ultimately matter.
>>
How big is a full power blast from a GBE? Could it fuck a planet?
>>
>>48495858
>Marvel Canada has mutant death camps
What the actual fuck.
How would that ever work.
Death camps against people with built in weaponry, some of who would legit qualify as walking WMDs.

Please tell me they have power inhibitors.
Because I'm getting flashbacks of Shyamalamadingdong's shitty Avatar movie right now.
>>
>>48495870
Technically only Sailor Moon with the Lambda Power and Sailor Galaxia really get to universal level if I remember right. Most of the Senshi just easily bust planets by the end but don't show many feats above that.
>>
>>48495773
It's sort of a miniature scenario drawing from the finales of EMH and Wolverine and the X-Men, which is set in the same universe. So Galactus is in there, but because there's a whole part leading up to him you just need to make him fuck off/keep him from destroying the Earth.
>>
>>48495899
See >>48495882
>>
>>48495899
Who even knows?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Marvel humanity is so astoundingly lacking in common sense that it's amazing they survived long enough to evolve into mutants in the first place.
>>
>>48495883
Nope, I would say you were pretty well boned.
>>
>>48495899
>comicsposting
We covered this last thread; comics are garbage, totally lacking in any consistency, common sense, and general quality on any level. It's worse than Suggsverse.
>>
>>48495932
Right in the funny bone.
>>
>>48495898
We don't really see a full power blast in full effect, just that it fucked up something that could shrug off lower level attacks from similar weaponry.
>>
>>48495899
Leech was there creating a depower field that disabled their powers, they were helpless. It lasted all of 724 days before they just shut the place down and executed all the remaining mutants .
>>
>>48495901
Oh, well that's not so-
>Most of the Senshi can just easily bust planets by the end
...s-so can we do that too? I took Sailor Moon as my fourth jump as a Scout...Did I become a casual planet buster that early?! I don't know how to feel about this...
>>
>>48495932
That's pretty humerus.
>>
File: [worried laughter].gif (3MB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
[worried laughter].gif
3MB, 540x300px
>>48495942
Let's not say things we can't take back.
>>48495965
How do Leech's powers work exactly? Can he just lolnope muties, or can he shut down other superpowered beings too?
>>
>>48495973
Not sure but if you took sailor moon so early how did you avoid dying every season like the rest of the scouts (Sailor moon included some times)
>>
>>48495973
Like anon said, most of the characters die regularly even with this power. Unless you have significant prior power, you're probably dead if you took it that early.
>>
>>48495990
Power Negation: Leech can project a dampening field out from his body that disables any additional neural pathways found in the human brain, temporarily blocking access to any paranormal abilities (including: other mutations, extraterrestrial, magical, etc) so long as they are within range of his field’s variable radius, which is approximately 10 yards. Some physical effects, such as being thin, may also occur depending on the nature of the powers that he negated.

They used a device to extend this range over the facility.
>>
>>48495991
>>48496002
I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD BE THAT DANGEROUS! I have never seen Sailor Moon, I just thought it was some monster of the week stuff. Well shit. Now what do I do?
>>
What would be a good parallel to Valinhall's 'you can take what you earn.' rule, that the powers Travelers would get, would need to in some way come from them?

I need it for my Territory because I ended up going with Heart as an element, which would make it work similarly.
>>
>>48495973
Nope you died, all your following jumps were just a hallucination jumpchan showed you on the way back home.
>>
>>48496012
If you go by season 1 it mostly is yeah. The jump only seems to be made from the first season and maybe the Doom Tree arc too. It's...kinda a shitty jump actually if we're being honest, both from the perspective of representing the setting and from a general view.
>>
File: Joker_Protest.jpg (407KB, 761x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Joker_Protest.jpg
407KB, 761x1024px
>>48495877
That's nothing.
>>
>>48496012
Start a new chain?
>>
>>48496011
So among the first people on a long list to kill from a distance.
>>
>>48496012
Ok, I am not a big Sailor Moon buff but this plan usually works out pretty well. You see, what you do. Is you hide and you try and snipe whatever you are fighting by shooting them in the head. If they can survive that, then it's time to bid a hasty exit. It's something that goes entirely against genre but it will likely keep you alive longer.
>>
>>48496011
So, what, he can just no sell EVERYTHING?
>>
File: sans shrug.gif (42KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
sans shrug.gif
42KB, 150x150px
>>48496026
>yfw this Jump is one of the older ones
>yfw the maker probably doesn't even want to think about it now

How far we've come, eh?
>>
>>48496014
Well, what's your aspect?
>>
>>48496039
If it relies on a brain for its powers and is within ten yards? Yes.

Get Drain No from YJ.
>>
KOTOR, not sure if you're around right now, but I have a quick Gurren Lagann question. Can the one person per world you grant Spiral Energy to be a companion?
>>
>>48496011
So…

Snipe the kid at 10 miles out? One life for the freedom of thousands is very fare in my books, even if my Jumper may never sleep again because child murder.

How easy would it be to destroy the amplifier?
I'd rather not go the child murder route if I can help it.

Wait. Can he no sell tech? I'm getting the feeling he can't. I'll just send my bots in there to fuck up the dirty humies' toys.
>>
>>48496049
Sailor Moons story, both manga and anime, has been out for decades. You can maybe excuse the general poor quality but the fact that it covers little more then the first season can't be excused.
>>
>>48496026
I guess so, I didn't see the slightest implication it would be that hard to survive in the jump itself.
>>48496028
God fucking damn it, I guess so.
>>48496035
Well, I mean, I suppose-wait
You guys said the other scouts die too? Do they get revived? Could I go by that too, or is Jump-Chan just going to say "No, you died, too bad, tough shit." Because if so...then see above for my opinion on having to start a new chain.
>>
>>48495820
>>48495858
>>48495899
>>48495916
...Hypothetically speaking, on a cosmic scale, how bad would things be if 95% of humanity was to suddenly drop dead?
What? No, I'm not doing anything. Genocide is bad.
Malefor might, though. 'Too dumb to live' kinda triggers him. A lot.
>>
>>48496072
>its another "lets shit on WakfuAnon" thread
Fucking damn it guys, really? First Red, then Worm, now WakfuAnon? What the fuck is your problem that you need to shit on one of the nicest jumpmakers until he's driven off? Do you literally have nothing better to do but shit on people who make content?

Does it ever occur to you that your entitled self-jerking is why none of our regulars want to make jumps for this place anymore?
>>
>>48496062
>Snipe the kid at 10 miles out? One life for the freedom of thousands is very fare in my books, even if my Jumper may never sleep again because child murder.
Depending on the time you enter the jump. . .yes? If that is how you want to play it.

>How easy would it be to destroy the amplifier?
It is a concentration camp in Canada, no jumper resistant security other than Leech and one telepath.

>Can he no sell tech?
Pretty sure he needs a humanoid brain to work his bullshit so it would have to be a pretty advanced robot that you designed specifically to have an accurate artificial humanoid brain.
>>
>>48496101
Well, humanity is routinely at least partially responsible for preventing the destruction of reality.

Also, they'd all be revived within a day or two at the most.
>>
>>48496117
Does it ever occur to you that sometimes people do bad jobs on stuff? That not every complaint is mindless shit stirring and that people are allowed to comment on stuff they think is bad?
>>
>>48496072
Which is why I bet the maker will either wash their hands of it or ignore any questions about it.

It's a classic "the walls are closing in" scenario.

Combine that with the fact that the Jump was made so early that Fullmetal Alchemist was one of the highest-power Jumps at the time and thus endgame-level SM would've been shouted out, and you have a perfect storm of unforseen consequences.
>>
>>48496050
My Aspect is Completeness.
>>
>>48496126
>he needs a humanoid brain to work his bullshit
The answer was in front of us the whole time.
Simply stop being even remotely human.

Become an NGE Angel, or even better, a Shoggoth.
>>
>>48496072
Without agreeing and without disagreeing, that jump was made early on when people still hadn't decided what a good jump even was. Hell, Imaginary Friend jump is practically a regular CYOA, and it was well liked at the time.

I presume Wakfuanon only saw the Queen Beryl storyline and based the jump at that. The jump was made before people realised they had to do exhaustive amounts of background research for certain settings.
>>
>>48495990
He's right though. Suggverse may have been made by a massive autist, but at least it was only autist. Comics was made by a shit ton of high school dropout autists who are literally writing shitty fanfiction of stories they read when they were children. It's autism exponentially multiplied over several generations.
>>
>>48496027
What the fuck? WHYYY?
>>
>>48496132
Whatever you say, shitposter. You've been pulling this nearly every thread lately, it's getting easy to see your tactics.
>>
>>48496155
Keep in mind this is Marvel so there may be some bullshit that lets his power work on you anyway because fuck you.
>>
>>48496155
You have no idea how many times I've seen you guys running in circles over problems like this only to ignore the obvious solution.

I remember the same thing happened with one Index magic user whose spell ASA pointed out specifically worked by manipulating the oxygen in your blood.
>>
>>48496171
>Exhaustive
Seriously? I wouldn't call watching more then 20% of the show exahaustive.

>>48496181
Nice counter argument.
>>
>>48494909
I didn't have any preference as to whether this should be a gauntlet or a jump, but I don't think the setting borrowing or mish-mashing options are suitable. It's not a generic setting, so having it happen in other settings doesn't really deserve to be an option.
>>
>>48496171
This was also my assumption.
>>
>>48496144
Then, something like 'You cannot have anything that is not a part of you'?
>>
>>48496195
All I know is 2014 /jc/ was a strange place, compared to the way things are now.
>>
>>48496193
Woah, wait, what's the obvious solution?
>>
>>48496117
If he'd done a better job the first time around, we wouldn't be here now would we.

It's in the same spot as Bleach - to the point where they're technically unfinished.
>>
>>48496198
What are you talking about? It's the only thing in that jump worth anything, and it's honestly still real bad just because it can't decide if it's a gauntlet or a jump.
>>
>>48496215
You also have to take into account what >>48496140 said, it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If he leaves it alone, he gets the same people complaining that it's not enough. If he updates it, suddenly it's "RUINED MAH BUILD" and that sparks an even worse situation.

Nothing he can do will win the situation. And quite frankly this recent rash of people targeting him is demotivating as fuck. What the hell guys, a lot of these were done years ago.
>>
>>48496117
People can give criticism of a jump without shitting on a jumpmaker.
>>
>>48496215
More controlling nerf-bitches stuck around back before Tenchi Muyo broke the ceiling.

Now that the power level doesn't matter, we honestly should get some of these shitty jump-makers to move forward with the times. Or just abandon their works so that someone more competent can do them.
>>
>>48496220
Jump megaman, get a robot alt-form.

>>48496234
Didn't Shivers do something similar?
>>
>>48494837
Fiat.

The extra power is chosen from the list of abilities of different conduit types, e.g. taking concretes wall while you're a video conduit.

That was because it was rigged up specially for the occasion. You might be able to do something similar if you can put a huge amount of screens on a conveyor belt or something to give them time to recharge.

Outside of initially learning to control his powers Cole had very few instances of being unable to control his electricity, but he was unable to enter a vehicle without something happening. I can't remember if he drained it or it blew up. Until you've got a hold of your powers don't use a computer or smart phone and you should be fine. Cole carried around a radio without issues, and might have even had a phone.
>>
>>48496144
How about 'Anything you take with you needs to come from you'
>>
>>48496258
So once it's done it's immune to criticism then? Jumpmakers aren't unassailable saints, people are allowed to say negative things sometimes. People aren't even shit talking Wakfu himself, just saying the jump is bad and not good for the setting. The only ones taking it as personal attacks are you and the others defending him.
>>
>>48496266
The method a jump's made indicates a lot about the person who made it.

Think on that.
>>
Remember guys, any criticism at all of jumps or jumpmakers leads to them giving up and leaving forever, so never say anything bad about anything or anyone.
>>
>>48496215
The threads just been shifting away from Quicksilver's initial vision of jumpchain. That's all it is. Change is inevitable in any community.
>>
>>48496282
>People aren't even shit talking Wakfu himself

Wow you are either blind or dumb like a sack of hammers.
>>
>>48496306
That's honestly what it feels like. People take any sort of criticism or negative posts as a personal rampage against them.

>>48496313
You consider the usual trolls people? I'm only talking about the people who actually talk about the jump instead of regurgitating the same lines with Wakfu's name pasted over Reds.
>>
>>48496306
>any criticism at all of jumps or jumpmakers leads to them giving up and leaving forever

Good. Maybe we can finally get rid of some these shitty jumps.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 1680x1050px
>>48496177
...I hate you for reminding me of that Lucifer sequel some stupid bitch is writing, Yes, it is a direct sequel. Elaine just sort of disappeared from lack of belief despite taking God's place, the Presence was retconned into having left because of Lucifer leaving Hell (in the Sandman Luci takes a moment to appreciate a sunrise, in Lucifer God turns out to have been trying to give Lucifer what he wanted all along, now the idea he might have been AFRAID of Luci is being proposed), Mazikeen allowed herself to be bound by her brethren despite the series' end establishing they'd betrayed her, Izanami is still hooked on revenge despite her arc ending with her letting go of it (seriously, she and Lucifer boned).

The weirdest part is throughout all this, Lucifer himself hasn't been acting out of character. Mostly. Him returning AT ALL defies the whole point of him leaving.

Oh, did I mention the Presence is dead? Somehow the omnipotent, omniscient entity got BACKSTABBED by Gabriel in a fit of rage. And now the Presence's body is currently a giant space jellyfish.
>>
>>48496284
I'm sorry did you mean a 'method a jump's made with'? I'm not sure what you're implying.
>>
>>48496234
If a non-generic jump/gauntlet has to use setting-borrowing, the only reasonable excuse is there's not enough material to use it in its standard setting. And it therefore probably shouldn't be a jump.

The Purge has three movies, afaik, so there's hardly a lack of setting material. There's just no rationale for using previous jumps as settings for the Purge.

>>48496268
The thing is Shivers didn't send you back to a different jump, or take the setting from previous jumps. It boosted the power level of the existing Shivers setting up to yours.
>>
>>48496258
As the anon who's question started this whole thing in place, I would at least like some warning that this jump gets into some high level stuff, the kind that even casual planet busters can't handle without dying several times. I mean, no offense meant to Wakfu, but seriously, that's something that needs to be stated. A lot of us didn't even know Sailor Moon GOT that far, let alone that it still wasn't enough for some of them-
>>48496325
>Lucifer sequel
On another note, AAAAAAAHHHHHH, DAMN IT ANON WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME ABOUT THAT.
>>
>>48496075
>Well, I mean, I suppose-wait
>You guys said the other scouts die too? Do they get revived? Could I go by that too, or is Jump-Chan just going to say "No, you died, too bad, tough shit." Because if so...then see above for my opinion on having to start a new chain.
I am afraid a death is a death to jumpchan except in in circumstances that are usually noted in jump.
>>
>>48496313
He's falseflagging so he can claim to be innocent when he starts running off jumpmakers one by one.

Ignore the fucking shitposter. Summer's almost over.
>>
>>48496326
A shitty jump indicates a shitty person.
>>
Your criticisms are well noted.

An updated Purge jump will be released later.
>>
>>48496258
Who made the Asura's Wrath jump?
>>
>>48496344
Just shut the fuck up you baby. Criticism=/=shitposting.
>>
>>48496361
Muyo, I think.
>>
>>48496258
Oh he barely fucking posts anyways. Who cares?
>>
>>48490957
I have a blog.
>>
>>48496368
Wakfu, like several others tends to post anon unless talking about their jumps.
>>
>>48496341
Well okay yes. That's critique that's worth looking at, that's one thing. That's also totally understandable. But then you have fuckwits like >>48496354 and >>48496267.

Enough said on that front.

>>48496361
Muyo did, same guy who made Evangelion and Tenchi Muyo.
>>
>>48496258
Up until literally a few posts above me, I don't recall anybody making a personal attack on Wakfu. People simply noted that there were certain elements (lack of a full statement on the danger, not including content past a certain point, etc) that they would have liked.

We can discuss this while being civil.
>>
>>48496384
Well then if they'd like to speak up in their defense, let them speak now.

Oh wait. They have no defense for a shoddy Sailor Moon. And who asked for some of the settings they've made into jumps? Nobody.
>>
>>48496306
>>48496323
There's a difference between criticism and being an asshole. Nothing wrong with giving advice or saying that somethings not acceptable. I'm just saying we have more trouble with assholes. People who at least give reasons for their dislike are okay as contrasted to the people whose input can be clarified as "Fuck off".
>>
>>48496385
Except even your first post complaining about Wakfu being attacked is responding to posts that do nothing but criticise the jump, not the person. What you did was get hyper defensive the second someone said something bad about his jumps and assumed people attacked him from the start. People only really started shitposting and attacking him directly AFTER your post.
>>
>>48496385
Well yeah, the latter two aren't even critiques, just insults. The trolls aren't exactly subtle, so it's generally pretty easy to know what is or isn't constructive.
>>
>>48496405
More proof that Red needs to get out with the rest of the trash so someone competent can fix this place up.
>>
>>48496405
So you're saying Red started the fire?

Why do we still have her around?
>>
>>48496431
Oh shut the hell up.
>>
>>48496331
No, the setting is GENERIC, so it can comfortably fit into previous jump settings with out much issue.

Not having enough materiel is irrelevant, if it's a gauntlet than it's fine if it does that, a lot of us want shit like that in gauntlets, because who gives a fuck about gauntlets.

Gauntlets tend to be a bit more meta than jumps are because they work by different rules, and are allowed to be weird and meta with the format.
>>
>>48496436
No, just that leeches like you only appeared later on. If she made her complaint 5 minutes later she'd actually have a point because fucks like you appeared.
>>
>>48495366
I've been here since the 200s, and this is literally the first time I've heard that.
>>
>>48496431
>>48496436
These two are to be ignored. They do not speak for the rest of us. They have simply latched on in order to shitpost and insult.
>>
Sorry to be a bit off topic and such, but I haven't checked in on this in months and what the hell happened to the drive?
>>
>>48496436
We shouldn't. Dumb bitch kept a lock on jumps in the beginning because "m-muh power" and that's why we have shitty jumps like this.

We should have kicked her out when we had the chance. Now she's gonna shit this place up until she gets her way and everything's stagnant and turd-covered.
>>
>>48496117
to be fair wakfu anon did leave open the possibility of doing a Sailor Moon crystal jump with the teaser
>>
File: b0590016.png (156KB, 450x493px) Image search: [Google]
b0590016.png
156KB, 450x493px
Look, everyone's on edge for various reasons and the fact that the whole Dofus thing happened in the first place, coupled with jumpmakers constantly getting reamed in regards to updates probably hasn't helped in the least.

Basically we're not going to get anywhere for a while, can we just talk about magic or giant robots or anything else
>>
>>48495490
Jump #27: Gurren Lagann

Soldier - 100
Litter Village

Spiral Energy - 0
Companion Import - 250
Punch Through The Heavens - 400
Giant Robot Piloting License - 200
Gold Old Fisticuffs - 300

BFS - 0
Pistol - 0

Advanced Gunmen - 300
-Custom Paint Job - 0
-Melee Weapon - 10
-Enhanced Armor - 20
-Reinforced Armor - 30
-Flight Capabilities - 40

Man of the Spiral + 300
OPEN FIRE! + 100
It's For The Agility + 100
Hey it's...that guy! + 100

So, I spenr this jump wear ring northing but pants, punching people, punching giant robots, punching people with giant robots, and punching giant robots with giant robots
All in all, a decade well spent.
>>
>>48496471
Then get Red to kill herself so she doesn't force Wakfu to make shit jumps.
>>
>>48496471
I think you'll find anyone who cares enough about the setting will just be insulted if you tell them that. Like if we got a really shitty Teen Titans jump and people said "Oh but you can make a Teen Titans Go jump instead".
>>
>>48496325
I refuse to accept that exists. Just on general principle.
>>
>>48496458
Which problem do you have? We've had several lately.
>>
>>48496458
Google a shit.
>>
>>48496481
As was pointed out back then SM:Crystal, and Sailor Moon the original Anime are rather different enough to warrant separate jumps, the same with NGE, and Rebuild
>>
>>48496014
Anything?
>>
>>48496500
So with someone working on Dofus, how about someone do SM: Crystal then.

That way we can bypass two shite jumps.
>>
File: NO NOT EXODIA.gif (377KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
NO NOT EXODIA.gif
377KB, 500x381px
Yeaaah, I'll admit this is /more/ than a little embarassing, straight up.

Which leaves me with a new problem, in that I'd really rather not add even more to my plate right now, especially not something that'd require such a major overhaul it'd take me longer than it's taken me to work on the Ninjago update, and the Age of Empires III scenario, and Battleborn jump, combined. Several times over.

So as far as I can tell, my choices are to leave it as is (and never live it down), make it someone else's problem (and never live it down), or take it on myself to retool the whole thing (and leave everyone waiting basically forever, to the point I can't guarantee that Jumpchain would still exist by the time I finished, and also still never live this down).

Honestly, though, something I find odd - it was, in fact, pointed out earlier this thread that the information was out for decades. And yet, only in July of 2016 has anyone seen fit to bring that up. I recall everything being well-received back then, and nobody really seemed to bring up the part where everyone dies - unless I'm missing something.

I probably wouldn't have even made the Jump if my brief and unorganized wiki-walk had led me to half of that information, jeez Louise. Slayers was in my mind quite some time before the Jump launched, but the first time I brought it up everyone was terrified of Jumpers casting Dragon Slave.

tl;dr I am at a complete loss for what to do now and there's no way to fix this without either angering everyone or killing myself (figuratively, I hope).

Just... ugh.

There's no way out of this hole and I'm going to die in it and it's all my fault.
>>
>>48496506
whats dofus?
>>
>>48496500
Then someone can take that up with Wakfu if they want.
>>
>>48496500
As is pointed out now, Sailor Moon crystal is considered awful by a lot of people. Doesn't matter anyway given there's a ocp drawback to go to Crystal.
>>
>>48496493
The fact that almost literally all the folders are empty except the new uploads one and how to jumpchain.

>>48496494
Yes. Yes it is. I'm guessing recent changes have fucked it up?

>>48496472
Giant robots? I love me some giant robots. Almost as much as I love me some ship girls.
>>
>>48496472
Hahaha, no. >>48496405 was being honest, Red brought all the shitposters out to play. She causes this shit.

If she listened to thread consensus, and gave up jumps to someone competent while she went to sleep in a garbage compactor, we wouldn't be in this shithole. So no, your attempt to white knight shitty people is denied.
>>
>>48496508
>than a little embarassing

What you should be is fucking ashamed.

>>48496515
No.
No they shouldn't have to.
>>
>>48496458
Open an incognito window and it will work. It's a bit annoying but it is what it is.
>>
>>48496508
Take your time wakfu if you need to take a break.
>>
>>48496504
Shut the fuck up, no one wants to talk about your stupid shitty garbage, you got two replies earlier so get the message take what you got and fuck off.
>>
>>48496508
...please tell me you didn't make this jump only from looking at the wiki and that you at least saw some of the show.
>>
>>48496500
Isn't Crystal just Sailor Moon Kai, basically.
>>48496508
It's really not that big of a deal, to be honest. Why not just add a little warning that stuff gets to such high power levels for now, then come back later when you have more time and information? Don't beat yourself up, Wakfu, it's fine. I just really wish I knew this information before I made it my fourth jump...
>>
>>48496537
Well it'd explain the tripe quality of all of their jumps, if that's the amount of effort they put in.
>>
>>48496532
Thanks matey. You have an old jump-sailor's respect.
>>
>>48496525
I responded several times after you tried using my post to start shit to call you a leech and fuckhead. Fuck off and stop using my post to start shit.
>>
>>48496522
Basically yes, google it seems has gotten rid of the old format and to have replaced it with the same thing as if you opened things up within your own drive, this coincided with several problems that the best I help we can give is to reload the tab, or open it in private browsing.
>>
So wait, do Animorphs copy the exact genetic makeup of whatever you copy, or is the morph a generic member of the species? Could you use it on Marvel mutants to get morphs with their powers?
>>
>>48496535
One of those posts was just me.
>>
How can I best become a fair judge? Assume I already have the following:

>'They Were All Bad', from True Lies
Knowledge of crime commitment, "gut feeling" of which type.

>'Sense Evil', from Dark Souls
Sixth sense for "most evil" crimes.

>'Sense Murderer', from Kara no Kyoukai
Tin.

>'The Truth', from Investigation
knowledge of how much someone believes what the're saying

>'Most Paranoid Delusions Are Intricate', from Terminator
Knowledge of when "crazy stories" are true.

>'Tolerance for Evil' and 'Angel', from Overlord
More objectivity and lie-detecting, respectively.

>Psychology, Medium, and Telepathy perks

"Absolute" or "certain" perks are preferred, but not required.
>>
>>48496508
Sorry for people taking the chance to shitpost.

If you want an easy solution, you can just say the jump itself is an AU where it never escalates and revive-spam doesn't become a thing. Or make the death rules a little more lenient but limit the power you carry post-jump.

It's a general CYOA-level solution, but the jump was apparently made when that was the name of the game, so...
>>
>>48496558
You still got an answer, so be satisfied and get lost, none of us want to deal with your bullshit.
>>
>>48496553
You copy the exact member, I believe. Kind of like Ben 10's Omnitrix.
Maybe, but I think you can only copy one member of any race, so you'd only get that one mutant and their powers.
>>
>>48496572
>Jump is an AU
Holy shit no. You might as well just let someone remake the jump, because that would be better then that shit.
>>
>>48496508
Add a note about the ramping up powerlevel. Maybe something to keep up with it if you stick with the plot. Or maybe a drawback that makes everything after the first season not happen. Just don't nerf/remove anything from the jump and you'll give people less cause to bitch.
>>
>>48496578
Doesn't an alien in the series aquire a bunch of human morphs and mix them together to create a unique appearance?
>>
>>48496553
It copies the exact genetic sample, so you can morph into a human and you'll look like that human.

Mutants... maybe. It depends on if the X-gene is entirely responsible for a particular power, or if it uses some Marvel specific laws of physics. I'm pretty sure it'd work in Marvel at least, out of it you might find some powers don't work. I think Magick's mutant power for example works based on/interacts with Limbo, and turning into a copy of her wouldn't spawn a Limbo in another dimension.

But that's just my thoughts on it, as a random anon. Take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>48496585
>You might as well just let someone remake the jump

I vote this just be the case period.
>>
>>48496526
What the fuck is your problem? People make shit for free, if you have an issue with the quality you give constructive feedback instead of bitching and whining like a toddler. Nobody's obliged to do jack shit for you.
>>
>>48496508
Don't let the shitstirrers ruin what is a fine jump.

If you're going to change anything, you might remove the "only one discount on a 600pt perk" thing since that feels a bit dated, but it's fine as it is too.

Sailor Moon is hardly the only jump that puts jumpers in peril, and that itsself presumes things don't change in canon at all with the addition of another Senshi.

Also the bit about how high power the senshi can get is a little bit "stuff out of the manga" and a little bit "blowing it out of proportion"
>>
>>48496537
Anon, my knowledge of it in 2014 went as far as a mix of vague childhood memories of the first season, a brief refresher, and a wiki walk, and everyone seemed fine - in 2014.

Two years is a very long time, and by the time bringing it up to me would have helped, my mind was elsewhere, and it seemed, so was everyone else.

Things are coming out of the woodwork now that would have been very, very helpful to know in 2014.

It is now 2016, and /jc/ is much less embryonic, and much more thorough in its scrutiny.

What I'm saying is that you, and I, have the benefit of hindsight and a changed culture NOW, which we did not have in those formative days.

And since nobody's invented a time machine in real life yet, there's really nothing I can do about that.

I messed up, rushed a job, and didn't pay enough attention, and that's on my shoulders. Even so, I can't actually undo what was done - which means there's little point in self-flagellating now.
>>
>>48496578
>you'd only get that one mutant and their powers.
So aim for Matthew Malloy and hope you don't get caught in the ensuing fuckstorm.
>>
>>48496572
Honestly if he's going to make it an AU he might as well just say someone can remake the jump. At that point it's literally not even the Sailor Moon setting, just oc.
>>
>>48496508
You can just make a ruling like KOTOR did with Teen Titan's Trigon problem.
>>
>>48496594
I vote against you, then. This bullshit's one step away from letting people replace whichever jumps on the drive they don't like.
>>
>>48496591
That's the Ellimist, I believe. He's a reality warping space god, he doesn't count.
>>
>>48496553
>>48496578
Exact member yes

>>48496591
He does yes. The reason the Animorphs never acquire multiple versions of the same species, is because by and large it isn't needed. Variation in species is usually better than mutants of the same species.
>>
>>48496600
Give up the jump to someone with more competence.
>>
>>48496610
I thought it was Ax.
>>
>>48496610
No. Ax does it as well. When they first save Ax he takes on the DNA of all of the Human members of the team to make a Human Morph out of a mix of their DNA.
>>
>>48496014
Ask again next thread, the thread is too busy shitposting about Sailor Moon right now.
>>
>>48496597
If somebody says they're going to do a job, they better do it thoroughly.

At least Babylon was thorough. We need him to make all our jumps. Or maybe get ASA to write them.
>>
>>48496550
Ho. I see. Both are mild inconveniences thankfully, and nothing more. I had feared the drive lost for a time.

Looking at all this talk of old and dated jumps, I wonder if any of mine would need updating?
>>
>>48496600
...I just feel sad that you handled this jump now. Such a great, iconic series you shat all over because you couldn't be bothered doing the actual work to see if you were doing it justice beyond what little you remembered OF WATCHING THE FIRST FUCKING SEASONS. It's really damn hard to not agree with the shitposters when you admit to this kind of bullshit.

Just fuck you man. Fuck you.
>>
>>48496622
>>48496623
I stand corrected, then. I could have sworn that it was the Ellimist that did that, but I guess not.
>>
>>48496624
How about you both fuck off and kill yourselves? Anything for you to stop fucking posting.
>>
>>48496626
Hell fucking no. That shit would get so stale so quickly you don't even know.
>>
>>48496613
Oh boy.
>Take Chimera Morph
>Take Extreme Morphing
>Aquire all comics Omegas
>Aquire Silver Age Kryptonian
>Aquire Martian
>Mix them all together
>Amplify the combined Morph
Can I give God a noogie yet?
>>
>>48496635
He probably does, Ellimist does a lot of stuff, but Ax was the one who did it first. In like book 7.
>>
>>48496591
>>48496610
>>48496622
>>48496623
Yeah, it was Ax, and it's the basis of the Chimera perk you can buy in the Animorphs jump.
>>
>>48496614
Do you really want me to both A) make it someone else's problem and B) leave them having to deal with all of the salt that would arise if they weren't up to snuff either?

Because I could. I easily could. But that just digs the hole I'm in deeper.

>>48496632
This is, again, something that would have been very helpful to know.

In 2014.

Two years ago.
>>
>>48496646
Name me one other person in this community, in this thread even, that's competent.

Oh wait. You can't.
>>
>>48496600
So did you not know about or look into the later seasons? Because apparently the series gets to galaxy busting levels of bullshit and nothing in the jump suggests it ever gets much further than high street level in scale. Is that shit actually true?
>>
>>48496658
Wakfu, I don't think you should just put the jump up for adoption.

But this isn't exactly helping the hole you're in not get even deeper.
>>
>>48496648
I'm going to assume Jumpchan would prevent that. Otherwise you've gained multiple iterations of universal+ reality warping, and failing the chain would both be impossible and irrelevant.
>>
>>48496658
Yes, and yes.

Because it'll be better than your glop.
>>
>>48496648
Good Luck dealing with all of those Instincts.
>>
Why are you dumbasses still biting obvious bait? It's fucking transparent.
>>
>>48496658
Or you could've done your own research instead of knowingly only covering part of it and excusing yourself that no one mentioned it at the time. It's your job to do a jump right, you fucked it up so why do you keep trying to shift the blame to everyone else? You fucked up hard, just accept that and stop.
>>
>>48496674
>Jump Fiat hardcaps your abilities because badwrongfun
Are you the shitposter falseflagging?
>>
>>48496681
It's a wonder Fairy Tail isn't a complete disaster-

>roll tables

Wait, nevermind.
>>
>>48496658
As someone who wasn't around back then, all I can say is that maybe you should have done some more research, but also that I still believe in you and that when you get the chance, you should try again. Or at least add a little warning.
Stay determined.
>>
>>48496688
What? You're supposed to be entertaining the Benefactor. Why would she let you get that muxh power that easily?
>>
>>48496696
Stop encouraging and coddling this shit.

God this place is a fucking hugbox.
>>
>>48496690
Oh, fuck off.

I despise the "rolling for something you've been studying a large part of your life" element and rail against it all I can, but the jump as a whole's still alright.
>>
>>48496674
Jumpchan doesn't stop shit unless the jumpmaker mentions it. Or it involves breaking copyright and going to other settings.
>>
>>48496678
Hey, someone mentioned using the morphing cube to regain morphing abilities after being stuck in a form, at the cost of that morph becoming your base. Would that work?
>>
>>48496708
So you can literally use a free perk to become a reality warper that can destroy and create universes? Seriously?
>>
>>48496698
Maybe it finds it entertaining? Who the hell knows what something like that considers fun.
>>
Can you merge the buildings you can buy in Dragonlance? Like buying the Tower and Keep to have a fortress surrounding our tower?
>>
Something tells me my bomberman jumps are badly in need of a retooling.
>>
>>48496705
What's amazing is no one's realized the folks who make jumps are the only ones who keep this place going, because nobody else has the balls to actually put work into jerking themselves off.
>>
>>48496648
>>48496708
Silver Age Kryptonian at least requires physics specific to that setting to work. At the very least, it probably wouldn't be protected by fiat.
>>
>>48496736
Don't Kryotonains literally just need sunlight?
>>
>>48496698
Maybe because no one follows that ridiculous standard of 'fun' that you seem so certain is correct.
>>
>>48496730
Actually, putting up an umbrella real quick to stay out of the shitrain:

Can you tell me if the racial upgrade options in Bomberman 64: The Second Attack! are hereditary?
>>
>>48496736
>Silver Age Kryptonian at least requires physics specific to that setting to work
Wait, what?
>>
>>48496718
Yup. The 'lel jumpchan cockblocks if you try and get buffed out' is something that hasn't been 'enforced for over a year. And that combo involves several expensive perks, along with several jumps worth of abilities. It's not 'a free perk'.
>>
>>48496718
Some Omegas rely on Marvel-Universe only stuff, so some layers of your reality warping will get dropped once the jump ends. Silver Age Kryptonians make no goddamn sense and I'm pretty sure using anything taken from them instead of Golden/Post-Crisis/Whateverthefuck Kryptonians outside of DC would break the universe.

Past that, the plan is golden.
>>
>>48496709
No. Otherwise Tobias would have been able to Morph again before Ellimist gave him his human form back. Nothlits can't morph, ever.
>>
>>48496731
Oh they do.

Why do you think they target the jumpmakers? They want to kill this place, and shutting down the content flow will do JUST that.

And we just keep getting played like a fiddle.
>>
File: 1420144030893.png (215KB, 624x676px) Image search: [Google]
1420144030893.png
215KB, 624x676px
>>48496679
/jc/ loves its bait. I'm convinced we have tsundere tendencies towards shitposting the way things go around here.
>>
File: blank5.jpg (183KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
blank5.jpg
183KB, 800x450px
>>48496563
-Ineffable, Evangelion: Enables communication with things that can't normally be communicated with for less bias

-Perfect Communication Skills, Worm: Get more information out of witnesses

-Crazy Theme: The Law, Swat Kats: Mastery over manipulating legal systems

-Keepers of the Law, Endless Legend: Knowledge of ALL laws

-Pledgesmith, Changeling: Makes you better at making Changeling pledges, and by extention spotting loopholes in mystic agreements

-Throne, SMT: Has a mental skill to act with true objectivity

-Limbo Days, Panty and Stocking: Enables you to tip the scales between the abstract concepts of order and anarchy within a city block, preventing one side from getting an unfair advantage and ensuring your court is truly unbiased

-The Sherlock Scan and Pieces of a Puzzle, Sherlock Holmes: Piecing together all available evidence

-Psychometry, GUNNM: Analysis of evidence if contradictory claims about an exhibit are provided

-Planeteer perkline, Captain Planet: Take Heart (and maybe an alternate one like Judgement) as your element, and wield it. When you have to perform a REALLY hardcore judgement, you can use By Your Power Combined (especially with the optional purchases) to donate your element and fuse into a gestalt being which can have full knowledge of everyone in the gestalt, and thus make a truly fair judgement. Disclaimer: They need to consent for this to be used.
>>
>>48496760
Combos don't work unless pre-approved by a jumpmaker. Get fucked.
>>
>>48496702
But you want it to be a shitbox, where every third word is fuck and someone not being 100% perfect is grounds for execution. Why are you such a shitposter? What must your life be that a word of encouragement in amidst all this negativity is seen as such a bad thing?
>>
>>48496764
Any perks to get around the 2 hour time limit?
>>
>>48496774
aaaaand stamped as a false-flagger.
>>
>>48496508
I don't think the jump was that bad, maybe it could use some tweaking but I think mainly just putting some notes about the issues of the power increase and the high mortality rate should cover things for now.
Don't stress too much over it though it's not worth burning yourself out over.
>>
File: blank7.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
blank7.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>48496626
Fuck no. The closest I've come to writing a jump is the credit I have on Discworld, and even then it was Marvel Anon who started writing it; I just ended up suggesting so many things I ended up getting a credit.

I have absolutely no faith in myself as a writer and I doubt I would do any setting I wrote a jump for justice, and in any case everything I'd ever WANT to do a jump is either done or would be a ridiculously challenging undertaking for a newbie.
>>
File: Blowing_the_Earth.jpg (176KB, 461x405px) Image search: [Google]
Blowing_the_Earth.jpg
176KB, 461x405px
>>48496751
The Earth is blown back into orbit fully intact in a feat not presented as reality warping.
>>
Hey, is it possible to recreate the Trail of Grasses in The Witcher? I have so very many uses for it.
>>
>>48496736
Yeah. Maybe just grab a regular Kryptonian and everything else. And maybe have a timestop. And balefire. And some way to pierce defenses. And precog. And teleportation and cross-dimensional capabilities. And time-acceleration and crazy reflexes/mental processing. Then find Superboy Prime and copy him (that other stuff is so you survive).
>>
>>48496749
I would say yes, with the exception of Bombermen since they are androids DNA. If you go human with the bomberman's ability however... Hope I was helpful!
>>
>>48496791
Your statement does not alleviate my confusion, and in fact exacerbates the issue. So I must say again, wait, what?
>>
>>48496799
*Trial.

Gah, typoes.
>>
>>48496802
That works actually.

... Fuck that means my kids get one energy blade of light and one energy blade of dark. UNINTENDED.
>>
File: blank14.png (334KB, 653x555px) Image search: [Google]
blank14.png
334KB, 653x555px
>>48496730
Oh hey, welcome back! Haven't seen you in a while.

For what it's worth, off the top of my head I can't remember anything that stands out to need retooling. What were you thinking of in particular?
>>
>>48496778
It's hardwired into the technology I'm afraid, not magical in anyway.
Maybe if you improved the Morphing tech before you got it, but I doubt more than 5 andelites in the Galaxy know how it works.
Andelites are weird like that.
>>
>>48496802
Do the hearts from "Shield Heart" + "Heart Bar" regenerate on their own, or do you have to refill them with "Heart Containers"?
>>
>>48496799
>>48496812
It's a genetic change more than anything else, might be easier to research the existing witchers and work on a method using things from other jumps to replicate the results.
>>
>>48496791
I took Silver Age in DC. It was the single most terrifying thing in my entire chain.
>>
>>48496775
>any criticism at all is shitposting and bait, people must never say anything mean, and jumpmakers should ignore anything that isn't positive feedback
>everyone who disagrees with me or feels a certain way is the same person
God. I swear, everyone is trolling and shitposting on every fucking side right now, and all of them are biting each other's bait.
>>
File: fine.gif (2MB, 390x520px) Image search: [Google]
fine.gif
2MB, 390x520px
>>48496681
I have not denied that I did not do the research. If you want to lynch me over an event so far in the past as to be ancient /jc/ history, so be it. I'll take the licks.

I could argue that I've grown and changed since then, and likely no one would believe me.

I could argue that there's something wrong if you order a pizza, it's cold and soggy, the delivery guy is oblivious to this fact, you pay for and eat it, and then call the pizza place to complain a month after having eaten the bad pizza, but evidently nobody quite likes that idea.

I could just leave, to be met with accusations of cowardice.

I could literally kill myself trying to patch this, only for it to never be patched.

Or, I could talk out the situation for as long as I can, with the benefit of hindsight, and attempt to achieve some level of closure.

Would some fair warning on my part have been useful? Yes. Would more research on my part have been right and proper? Yes. I am not denying any of that.

I made a mistake in my ignorance, and it has gone unaddressed until very recently.

I would like to think, however, that the sheer amount of time warrants a response different than what I'd get if I were releasing it right now. Because that's what the current vibe I'm getting is - it's as if I'd murdered someone, never even been charged, and then 80 years later on my deathbed been arrested for it at long last.

It's disarming, is what it is.

So if you want me to feel suicidal levels of shame, I've got bad news - it won't happen over this. I've got worse skeletons in my closet by far, and that's all I'll say on that matter.

Do you want me to admit my fault in this? By golly you'll get THAT. This is all on me, and while a timelier warning would have helped PREVENT this, I didn't take it nearly as seriously as I should have. I apologize. I sincerely apologize, especially for deluding myself into thinking everyone had moved on.

But I am not so spineless as to carve out my own heart over it.
>>
>>48496810
He's trying to say that Silver Age silliness clearly means that the setting canonically runs on a different laws of physics and that means that Kryptonians powers won't work out of it. He's trolling or joking.
>>
>>48496789
Come on. You're the best thing that's happened.

When you came here, the power levels rose. People stared to actually enjoy themselves. They had a voice they could point to and tell the nerfbitches to shut it. The more you most, the less this we see nerfbitches life Red. You basically help is break settings daily as is. You're like the savior that delivered us.

The best thing you can do now is start making jumps. Show fuckwits like Red how escapism games are done.
>>
>>48496835
Just stop.
>>
File: blank16.png (313KB, 536x534px) Image search: [Google]
blank16.png
313KB, 536x534px
>>48496832
I legit don't understand why, when Cats has said you can choose which version of DC you jump, some people take on the Golden/Silver Ages.

I mean, the DCAU has way better hips and musical numbers

...yes, DC jump was really early on, jump #39, why do you ask?
>>
File: Pius_Dea_Faithful.jpg (184KB, 795x517px) Image search: [Google]
Pius_Dea_Faithful.jpg
184KB, 795x517px
Is there anyway to get my hands on one of these Cathedral ships in one of the Star Wars jumps? The Star Wars Guide to War says there are some of them still floating around the galaxy, and I was wondering if it was possible to find and grab one of them to modernize them? Because I like the idea of Cathedral ships, especially if I can take the design and make a Death Star like battle station with that sort of design.
>>
This thread has devolved into garbage.

Post builds for Dead or Alive Volleyball Gaidan.
>>
>>48496829
Ah. Well, thanks!

...Wait, don't they recreate it in the games?
It was in like, Witcher 3, I think.
>>
>>48496825
They refill with a solid night's rest or most healing items.

>>48496820
Feels good to be back. Just figured there was bound to be something I missed in the well over a year since I made them.

>>48496819

Terrifyingly amusing.

I wonder if the Pocky & Rocky one is up to snuff as well considering? I intended it to be a jump that one could feel comfortable accessing fairly early in the chain.
>>
>>48496791
Am I the only one here fighting not to make a blowjob joke? Also space has no air, how is he blowing it back in to place, shouldn't he push it or something?
>>
>>48496866
But I didn't take that drawback in my chain
>>
>>48496860
If you can fit it in your Warehouse I don't see why not.
Otherwise, nothing you can do to take it with you.
>>
>>48496835
You're being kind of overly dramatic. Just think this over and post what you're going to do about the jump, if at all, later when things have calmed down.
>>
>>48496866
If that means "Post Weird Shit" then I'm onboard
>>
>>48496874
Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>48496852
You don't really understand how this internet thing works, do you? You can't just make people stop replying to you by ordering them to.

You don't even care about the setting. You're just butthurt you don't get access to the powergrabs you wanted.
>>
>>48496873
You are not alone good sir.

Also, I think comics have always had inconsistent physics.
>>
>>48495755
And here are the drawbacks.
http://pastebin.com/nPLCV5DC
>>
File: oOgZ5g3.jpg (575KB, 1280x1875px) Image search: [Google]
oOgZ5g3.jpg
575KB, 1280x1875px
>>48496832
Did you know Silver Age Doctor Fate once blew up a ship so hard that it was felt in two other universes?

Why did he do this? To stop a regular guy from pressing a button.
>>
>>48496883
...is this a shop? And if not then what's the context?
>>
>>48496857
Aren't we getting a DCAU jump?
>>
>>48496883
Why?
>7 different captchas
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>48496867
Not exactly, I mean they recreate the first part of trial of grasses, where you break down the body so it's ready for the later steps, but they none of the rest of it. The rest of the process required lost mutagens. Besides one of the issues is you have a 70% fatality rate, and the entire thing is horrifically painful. Genetic modifications using stuff from other jumps is rarely so terrible.
>>
>>48496866
Literally what?
>>
File: 1466354231412.jpg (30KB, 300x219px) Image search: [Google]
1466354231412.jpg
30KB, 300x219px
>>48496883
>>
File: Cowboy ninja party night.gif (984KB, 215x259px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy ninja party night.gif
984KB, 215x259px
>>48496910
>>48496914
Early generation Sentai is a hell of a drug

But so is Later Generation Sentai
>>
>>48496835
You don't have to apologise to that one butthurt anon. Honestly they're kind of pathetic whining about things like this. The jump seems fine, just make a note or something that you'll get opportunities in jump to scale up. Or don't, it's been out for years and no-ones complained before now. I'd just advise ignoring the Anon who seems to hate jump makers
>>
>>48496911
If you mean what YJanon's working on, that's Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Which is a Marvel property IIRC
>>
>>48496834
Yup. Say anything nice and it's a hugbox, say anything that isn't entirely nice and you're a shitposter.

What a world we live in.

Criticism =/= shitposting, but can we please learn to do so without insulting the jumpmakers? Surely people have seen how ineffective and indeed counterproductive it is?

Saying anything positive or in support of someone =/= white knighting them, or sucking them off, or wanking them. The person on the other end of the computer is a person, they have feelings, and just because someone else has acknowledged that doesn't mean this place is suddenly a hugbox. I mean, have you looked at this place? Aside from the occasional periods of relative calm there's more than enough hatred and vitriol to disqualify this place from any sort of kind status.

I wonder what I'll be called for this post? Shitposter? Probably. Maybe something a bit more creative.

The correct term would be fed up with all this shit.
>>
>>48496835
Well, we can't change the past, but you should still see it fixed. Dig yourself deeper, if it's the right thing to do. Hand it off, work with someone who has seen the series, update it when you have the time (even if it's a year or more from now). Your only options aren't sudoku or walking away, drama queen. You can take real steps to actually deal with the issue of the jump not reperesenting the setting in full.

>>48496849
But that's wrong and dumb. Aside from ASA doing it with tools we already have, over literally hundreds of jumps, including Red's jumps, he did it through heavy research and combining dozens of perks that are not all that powerful on their own. You're literally asking for power on a silver platter when he earned his through effort as a real life person.

You're basically asking for the opposite of ASA.
>>
File: LOVE COMBO!.jpg (55KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
LOVE COMBO!.jpg
55KB, 540x720px
>>48496883
>>
Looking back at the Bomberman 64 jump, I am getting the feeling the final +600 drawback wouldn't pass muster in this day and age.
>>
>>48496941
I know about that, but I could have sworn someone was working on a DCAU jump.
>>
File: blank18.jpg (140KB, 900x665px) Image search: [Google]
blank18.jpg
140KB, 900x665px
>>48496911
We are? Well, that's news to me. Far as I knew no, I don't remember one in the works.

Oh well. If it does I guess it frees up either a visit to the Watchmenverse, or means I don't have to take that drawback in order to interact with the Endless and Lucifer.
>>
>>48496922
Dead or alive has volleyball games(that can be played with one hand), and shares a setting with Ninja Gaidan. He's just making a joke about that and asking for dead or alive builds, because we don't have a jump for Ninja Gaidan, unless I am wrong.
>>
>>48496898
Can you post the other stuff, too?
>>
File: Rivers.webm (1MB, 740x493px) Image search: [Google]
Rivers.webm
1MB, 740x493px
I fear the day we get a Kamen Rider Faiz jump

I mean how many people actually like rivers?
>>
>>48496883
Ah, posting weird shit. A time honored tradition
>>
>>48496952
Spyro is doing Justice League.

Anon is doing either Superman or Batman. Might have been a combined one. Or both are being done.

I'm not sure on that front.
>>
>>48496916
Oooh.

Well damn. Looks like my visit to Steven Universe and Plan Witcher Connie will have to wait--to Geneforge!
>>
>>48496974
Wait a minute, did that guy get smacked so hard by a laser sword that he de-transformed, lost his belt, got knocked unconscious, and get knocked several meters away into the air and then into a river.
>>
File: Fear.jpg (77KB, 610x647px) Image search: [Google]
Fear.jpg
77KB, 610x647px
>>48496883
>>
>>48496982
OH! That's what I was thinking of.

I just have a tendency to forget that the DCAU covered much more than the JL/JLU.
>>
>>48497007
That seems like an accurate summation of what appears to happen in the clip.
>>
File: 1415301422538.jpg (233KB, 610x858px) Image search: [Google]
1415301422538.jpg
233KB, 610x858px
>>48497009
>>
>>48496933
I'm going to have to do that in a jump now... How do you think Dresden Files would react?
>>
>>48497017
>There is no way out of the maze, every line from the starting point is a dead end
>>
>>48497016
I see. In that case, ahem.
WHAAAAAAAAAT. That's...that's not...laser swords don't...just...why?
>>
>>48497029
Isn't that the point?
>>
File: 1389147020796.gif (340KB, 588x325px) Image search: [Google]
1389147020796.gif
340KB, 588x325px
>>48497029
>that's the joke

>>48497018
>pic related
>>
>>48496963
Here's what I've posted previously; as I said before I'm still working on writing up the powers and items and I'd rather wait until I'm finished writing before showing them off.
>>
File: Faiz Visors.jpg (184KB, 1027x742px) Image search: [Google]
Faiz Visors.jpg
184KB, 1027x742px
>>48497007
>>48497016
Yes

The main exports in Faiz are: Rivers, Misunderstandings, and Death. Also the best demonstration of costumes for suit actors

Also the time an Orphenoch was introduced with "DONT THIS SHIT MAKES A NIGGA WANNA JUMP JUMP"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbqSzH9VIec
>>
>>48497047
>>48497029
It's worse than that.
Start at the exist, there is a clear way to right next to the boy's picture. On his left side.
>>
File: Fuck your Clown shit!.png (1MB, 610x858px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck your Clown shit!.png
1MB, 610x858px
>>48497029
Not With That Attitude!
>>
>>48497049
Looks good. Keep it up.
>>
>>48497056
Spotted the Earthbender.
>>
>>48497066
>Not using a Kamehameha Wave to blast a hole straight through.
>>
>>48497056
Ah the jumper solution. That's how you make an exit.
>>
File: Shining Finger the servant.png (602KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
Shining Finger the servant.png
602KB, 1024x724px
>>48497066
>>48497073
No you're supposed to use your cool Excalibur hand that's also Airgetlam to cut through

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcAotsUSo7E
>>
File: Blank20.png (735KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
Blank20.png
735KB, 1024x640px
Also, if you're around DSanon-for the DS2 update, what does Bel's Fire actually look like as an attack?

>>48496974
I fear every day we get a Kamen Rider or super robot jump.

Nothing makes sense and sometimes things just hapen for the hell of it, if my past experience with them is any indication. Whenever I try to figure out how to harness stuff from one, everything turns out to runs on friendship and dropkicks instead of being a perfectly understandable mass-energy conversion clarktech thingamajig, or only WORKS because people flex/yell/communicate at it hard enough. The only thing I'm pretty sure doesn't are those black hole engines from SRW. Those are alright.

>A Heart to Call Your Own
>Soulfire
>Anti-TGOALID
>Shining One/Anti-Madness Wavelength/Herald/Bels and Whistles
>Befriending/Therapy no Jutsu
>Abyssal/Infernal Entit-

-NOPE. NOPE, bad ideas. BAD IDEAS. Baaad thoughts. God, making those stupid friendship matrixes out of my own SOLUs was a horrible, horrible mistake. Now I keep getting all this unworkable junk data when I think too hard.

>>48496933
Nothing weird about that. Satan died for our sins in like, 2 SMT games now.

Satan was the hero we deserved, but not the one we needed right now.
>>
>>48497108
Satan is the Hero of Old World of Darkness
>>
>>48496898
>>48497049

Wew, those are some harsh drawbacks, particularly the 200cp ones. I mean, they *are* drawbacks, but I don't know that they're worth 200cp. Anyway, I feel that 'Jumpersleep' and 'Split Personality' could easily switch places.

Also, 'The Four Horsemen' doesn't really seem balanced. It severely punishes jumpers with certain builds/playstyles. Particularly, companion-heavy builds, as there are some companions that can easily be stronger than most jumpers just by default and ways to make them stronger. It's generally more cost-effective to import companions, too; so jumpers that do have companions would be in for a wild ride -- wilder than 300cp. I would think. Also, for someone who has only peak human companions, it's basically free points.
>>
>>48497108
Imagine it as sort of an inverted Fire of Sinai. You reach down, as if you're grabbing something, and then a pillar of hellfire pops up beneath the target(s). It also makes that scream that Cinder's explosions make: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vssrL55Ewb4
>>
>>48496819
What was your build for that jump, Anon. You have me curious.
>>
File: Jojoscience.jpg (88KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Jojoscience.jpg
88KB, 1024x576px
>>48497108
>Black Holes
>SRW

So should I tell you about the time an alchemist/scientist/smug man voiced by Dio replaced the demonic powers of an evil god with the formula for black holes/event horizon to gain his supermech powers back?

Trust me I dont even understand it either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cqp3W-b12k
>>
The Blue Reach Scarab in Young Justice is literally just setting in a lab at the beginning of a series, right?
>>
>>48497139
Just hearing his voice made me expect a KONO DIO DA!
>>
I have a question; assuming you took the capstones in Dark Sun without taking Apprentice background, how long would it take to grow up to the equivalent of level 20?
>>
>>48497174
Probably way faster.
>>
Rolled 684 (1d2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t99KH0TR-J4
>>
File: solutions.png (197KB, 450x642px) Image search: [Google]
solutions.png
197KB, 450x642px
>>48497080
>>48497073
>>
>>48497058
Thanks anon!

>>48497118
I feel like the 200 CP ones aren't too bad when taken alone. I was actually thinking of switching either Lunacy or Super Heroic for Split Personality, but I'm still undecided on that.

That's a good point about The Four Horsemen. I based that and Ragnarok after the villains of what were supposed to be the next seasons of EMH and Wolverine, and I still want to preserve that theme. I'm just wondering if having Apocalypse after you, alone or with a different group of Horsemen, is worth 300 CP.
>>
Does No Cheating work in reverse? Like, say I completely give up the ability to walk, speak, and us magic, will I experience accelerated learning to compensate using psionics or whatever as a result?
>>
File: blank22.png (869KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
blank22.png
869KB, 1680x1050px
>>48497139
>portals

Oh hey, I didn't know they could do that! That's pretty neat!

>sword telefragging

Okay that seems a little unnecessary but whatever, it's SRW

>portalspam

I like this. I like this a lot.

>Kamehameblackhole

Okay that's an...interesting interpretation of physics.

>that last part
>it's raining in space
>He spent all this time doing his little rain dance thing, and then shoot a tiny ball
>okay that was weird but-

DID THAT MAN JUST THROW A MINI SPIRAL NEMESIS AT HIS OPPONENT
>>
>>48497265
He is one man you don't take lightly for sure.
>>
>>48497229
Nanoha is the only one who can win in this situation.
>>
>>48497246
The wording of the perk seems to suggest as much. But man, that seems like a really strong learning perk in that case.
>>
File: WAGA SHINKEN.jpg (2MB, 5508x4320px) Image search: [Google]
WAGA SHINKEN.jpg
2MB, 5508x4320px
>>48497265
It's.... a singularity made out of compressed black holes

Just chill out by the moonlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1znqwF2U7U
>>
>>48497246
>>48497287
Where's it from?
>>
>>48497357
TG, Traveler's Gate. A.K.A. The jump that lets you design your own pocket dimension.
>>
>>48496325
Obviously, the Lucifer sequel is just a crazy dream Lucifer has in his new reality after a particularly spicy dinner last night. The very final page of the last book shall be Lucifer opening his eyes, crawling out of bed bleary-eyed and reaching for a bottle of aspirin.
>>
How would a D&D sorcerer with Dark Wisdom learn new spells?
>>
>>48497416
Same as a DnD wizard. Studying new spells, researching to recreate or invent them, etc.
>>
>>48497416
Through study, as usual.
>>
>>48497366
Neat. No Cheating seems to be pretty great for what it does actually, depending on how quickly 'soon' is.
>>
>>48497416
Watching someone else cast them, possibly multiple times, and then devoting time to learning it themselves. This does mean they have no limit on how many spells they can learn, and they can also learn spells that aren't in their normal system, but it would still be very useful.

For a sorcerer. You'd still have a limit on how many you can cast (I'm sure there'a a perk to help with that, I just don't know it).
>>
>>48497469
It lets you /learn/ any number, I don't think it lets you cast as many as you want.
>>
>>48497513
My mistake, I read your post wrong.
>>
>>48497174
Depends, do you have any learning perks? Are you going out adventuring?
>>
>>48497517
That's fine. It could technically Bah, technically! let them cast more, but that's because you could convert sorcerers spells into other magic systems. That doesn't seem like what they want to do though, since they specified D&D sorcerer.
>>
274. Dune
Origin: Drop-In, Age: 21
Perks: Military Training, Appraising Potential (-100), Desert Rose (-100), Robust Engineering (-150), Holtzman Science (-150), Kwisats Haderach Candidate (-250)
Items: Briefcase of Melange (-250)

SPACE PIRATES! The singing kind.

Because I had the time over Civilization and Masters of Magic to give the ship a tradition of singing, often and about feelings. They actually like me now, since I spent huge amounts of time on the ship, upgrading it with Prototyper. Which is weird, since some of them actually got to know me, but it's hard to hate me with my cuteness perks. I even got a statue set up next to my companions' statues in one of the ships holds. It's smaller, but it's still nice.

So, yeah, we were singing space pirates and impossible to catch, robbing heighliners like nobody's business. The only problem is that we didn't have anything to do with the stuff once we got it. So we'd drop it off on the next heighliner we robbed. So, cargo-juggling singing space pirates. It was a lot of fun, and they even made an extreme sport of hover-boarding between the ships and doing tricks while the people who could actually rob them did so.

Also, I hate coffee, but some of my companions like it, so they can have it, I guess.
>>
>>48494909
Well, that's an interesting design choice - a 12 hour Gauntlet if you want a background and a 10 year Gauntlet if you don't. Huh.
>>
File: The Purge Jump.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
The Purge Jump.pdf
1B, 486x500px
This should be the final version of the Purge jump. I thank the anons in the thread for all of their advice and criticisms that went into redesigning this jump.

I apologise for the trolling, as I wished to experiment on how this new design of jump would be seen. And it amused me.

Who am I?

Your old friend, Trifoley the Trifolium of course.
>>
>>48496898
>Civil War- Every few years there’s some sort of argument that embroils the super hero community with conflict, with everyone involved inevitably splitting themselves up onto two sides.

If you _don't_ take this, does that mean the stupidity never happens?
>>
>>48497569
I actually preferred the previous version.
>>
>>48497603
Yes.
>>
File: fireworksinwarehouse.jpg (200KB, 980x720px) Image search: [Google]
fireworksinwarehouse.jpg
200KB, 980x720px
>>48497614
>>
Was there ever an answer for how strong or what a magician from cardcaptor sakura can do?
>>
>>48497569
>The NFFA will be equal in power to the most dangerous being you have faced in your Chain. They may only be assaulted on the 10th Purge of your stay. Purgers will be similarly empowered during a Purge.
>most dangerous being you have faced in your Chain
/looks at Chain
>Jump-Chan herself, then The Outsider, then {insert various overgods}

Mate, if the NFFA had that kind of power, America (1) wouldn't need a Purge, (2) would be completely unrecognisable to someone expecting the setting in the three movies.

tl,dr; that rule makes it not a Purge jump, try again or go back to the previous version.
>>
>>48497776
>Jump Chan
When have you ever faced that as a foe?
>Outsider
Nowhere near as strong as the jump wanks him as.
>Other beings
There's where you have a point.
>>
>>48497569
>Still a Gauntlet.
My disappointment reaches ever greater heights.
>Non-Gauntlet option raises the power of the setting to the Jumper's power level.
>Non-Gauntlet option has a fiat making it impossible to affect the setting in any real way.
Are you fucking kidding me?
Not only does this shit on the canon setting, it shits on Jumpchain and all Jumpers.
I'll spell it out for you.

Your. Setting. Isn't. That. Special.
It. Doesn't. Need. To. Be. A. Gauntlet.
Interjump. Balance. Is. Unnecessary.

If this is the best you can do, the please, PLEASE withdraw your jump.
Everyone else may be asleep right now, but that doesn't make what you're trying to pull okay.
I don't know how they do Jumpchain where you're from, but here we generally try to avoid arbitrarily raising or lowering the danger level of a setting just because we like it and it's our favorite thing ever.
Doing that is the equivalent of dropping a big steamer all over the setting and anyone who likes it for what it is.

This whole thing reads like you have something against anyone who'd like to play pretend as something beyond human, and that's arrogant and petty.

Your jump doesn't represent canon. Change it or withdraw it.
>>
>>48497416
Would Dark Wisdom Let you convert your Wizard spells into Sorcerer spells? If so you could just become a Wizard in another D&D jump.
>>
>>48497569
>Confesses to being a troll.
Case dismissed. Jump rejected.
We don't need this bullshit.
>>
>>48497569

Oh hell, forgot to link my posts together
>>48497828
>>48497840
I was just distracted from your admission of trolling the thread because 'it amused you' by your unbelievable 'fuck you' of a jump you're trying to push.
>>
>>48497837
It could. I don't think it would let you 'prepare' as many as you want though, since it isn't just memory, you have to 'half-cast' spells to prepare them or something similar, I think some D&D settings fluff it differently. You're better off converting them to a system that uses mana so you don't have to deal with that at all.
>>
>>48497773
Assume D&D but more freeform in how it's structured, and some fusion of western magic and eastern magic, whatever that means, in how it's preformed. Consider Clow as an epic level wizard for standard.
>>
>>48497801
His gauntlet doesn't specify the most dangerous foe you've ever faced, "just" the most dangerous being you've ever faced. And you can't tell me you wouldn't be nervous in an argument with jump-chan. Well, maybe you could, I don't know you. But I know me.

>Nowhere near as strong as the jump wanks him as.
Sure. But I was going with the flow.
>>
>>48497840
Seconded. Ugh, fuck that shit. Personally I'd as soon houserule the bullshit power-limiting away, go there, and purge everyone who thought the purge was a good idea. Binge and purge for everyone.
>>
>>48497569
I really like it as a gauntlet. That said, Gauntlets aren't generally liked around here.

For 'Welcome to the Jungle' I would advise you remove the fiat protection, lack of companions, and buffed purgers. and make them drawback(s). In other words, have an actual jump option rather than a 'fuck you for keeping your powers' option.
It may fit the setting, but jumpers don't normally appreciate having nerfs forced on them (see:fallout)
>>
>>48497910
Doesn't it just become a mostly free Return option then?
>>
>>48497569
I really don't like this. The only reason I was looking forward to this jump was taking it late chain and having the chance to mess with a barbaric civilization and maybe perform some social experiments. This completely uncalled for level scaling thing completely removes any reason at all Od want to go to this setting.
>>
>>48497910
>It may fit the setting, but jumpers don't normally appreciate having nerfs forced on them
Well, yeah.

Jumpchain is mechanic by which we go from setting to setting, taking our powers, items, and companions with us as we go.

Gauntlets, and nerfs that only exist in fiat, by definition go against that most basic mechanic.

It's the equivalent of saying:
>Look, I like Jumpchain as much as the next guy.
>But this setting is soooo special, sooooo amazing, that you have to shed everything you've picked up and leave all your friends behind just to go there.
>So fuck Jumpchain, because I love this setting so much.
>>
>>48497939
And as a crapsack world it didn't have much appeal in the first place.
>>
>>48497927
What?
>>
File: rick-morty-purge-12.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rick-morty-purge-12.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>48497569
>Escalating enemies
But I wanted to murderstomp them with superior tech and magic to teach the world a leasson about humanity and humility.
>>
>>48497801
I always assume that the Outsider bit is entirely Jumpchan staged; a bit of theatre for her own amusement. Same for the Light of Terra thing. That's if I'm not ignoring it for my own narrative.
>>
>>48497569
Needs to take less of a shit on those of us who wanted a normal purge jump.
>>
>>48497927
I read it as a themed type deal, I guess? That bit isn't written well. As in for Batman you'd be in Gotham, but it's only the Gotham equivalent of Chicago or wherever it's happening. Words aren't cooperating but you know what I mean.
>>48497954
I agree, however some settings are more fit to be gauntlets than others. The Purge, which is based around a 12 hour period once a year, is more suited for a gauntlet than a full blown jump, especially as that's the "spirit" of the setting. That's why i think there should be an option for both because some jumpers would be interested in spending 10 years in the setting to do whatever
>>
>>48497569
Nobody who wanted this setting as a jump wanted a gauntlet, they either wanted to roll stomp the assholes behind the damned thing or watch the carnage. This would be best done as a normal jump not a gauntlet where the only option to keep out powers fucks us over.
>>
>>48498019
>option for both
You mean how Red did Mad Max?

Honestly, I'd be fucking stoked if this Trifle guy would just ape that compromise.

But he's already admitted to being a troll.
And he shits on anyone who wants to go beyond human at all. And he's willing to ruin an entire setting to do it.

I still wanna stay for ten years, just making that clear.
>>
>>48497569
No option to be that guy who sits in his fortified house to wait out the purge every year? Neither option lets me do that? It not only doesn't provide the option but the nature of the damned thing keeps me from doing it? fuck off
>>
>>48498053
I wish to go there, firmly establish myself as sorcerer-king, and liquidate the government in its entirety before replacing it wholesale, holding the country in the loving grip of a mailed fist before turning it back over to the democratic process.

Also I'd love to see how the fuck this purge shit even became a thing, THAT is what I want to know from here, because it's the most absurd thing I've ever heard of and the US was probably kicked out of the UN when this happened. They probably relocated to Geneva.
>>
>>48497569
Excuse me while I face palm for a bit over here...
Good ok I think that's enough. Yeah I hope this is your last version because I hope they hand the Purge off to someone who isn't purposefully trying to start shit with their jumps. We have enough of that here.
>>
>>48498091
Damn, Ravenloft, you're reaching critical amounts of sass right there.
I approve.
>>
>>48498008
Yeah, it more or less reads like "You're powerless to do any actual good here, and if you try everything gets worse. Go suck a dick for wanting to affect this world in any meaningful way."

I wasn't even going to do the whole new asshole shows up and kills the bad guys thing, because I did that in Demolition Man and it was boring as shit to even think about. I can't even try to run for a government position and run a safe house or even just be a doctor traveling around and healing the hurt people because I went to Tenchi and had to run from the guy with 4 Lighthawk Wings.

Hell, I support the Fallout Nerf and like situations like West Wing and 9-5 where I can't risk upsetting people, but this is just bullshit.
>>
>>48497569
>Settings
Suggest to move the Purger/NFFA power amp and NFFA protection to being drawbacks. That would make the second option a jump, which people seem to want.

>Drawbacks
If I take a drawback that lets me ignore drawbacks that make me alone, eg: Burden to Bear, is Poor Little Lone Jumper basically a free +100cp?

>Follow The Blood
I'm guessing this applies to other violent groups and their victims once this is over?

>Purge and Purify
What exactly does "create innocence" mean? Does it actually stop the recipient from doing bad things for a year?
Like, if I do the thing and purify some serial killer, will he not do bad things? Will his alignment show up as "Good"? Or is it really only good for people who "want" to be good and can't help their impulses?

>>48498019
I think you might be looking at the last version? He took out the previous jumps thing.
>>
>>48498128
The obvious solution is to just nuke everything. With magic and technology. In fact, here's an idea: let's nuke the setting, first with magic, then with technology, then we'll do the opposite and nuke it with technology and magic, then both at the same time, before finally eradicating the few scraps left with magitech.
>>
>>48498112
Listen I really enjoy jump chain and it annoys me that we keep running in to these shit storms.
Honestly this should be something fun that we can share and enjoy. Having people come in here for the sole purpose of causing problems is shit, and it's shit we shouldn't just accept.
>>
>>48498053
Exactly how Red did Mad Max.

I rather like Gauntlets, I see them as a fun or humbling, to see exactly how good I am on skill and willpower alone, free of (external) jumpchain backed powers or enhancements. I also like, well, jumpchain.

I hope if anon decides to leave or continue "trolling" or whatever, he'll at least relinquish it to someone else in thread. The bulk is actually really well written as it is
>>48498140
see >>48497927, and it said something about a mix of chain influenced culture... that bit is not clear, at least to me.
>>
>>48497569
So are you just going to ignore everyone's complaints, or what?
>>
>>48498176
Marvel did Mad Max.
>>
>>48497569
This is not jumpchain-compliant and I hope it does not end up on the drive.
>>
>>48498053
>>48498176

...guys.

Guys /MARVEL ANON did Mad Max/
>>
>>48498182
He's already admitting to trolling so-I'm going out on a limb here, and assuming the answer's no.
>>
>>48498201
...as in, no, he's not going to do anything. Bad reading comprehension.
>>
>>48498155
Of course, that's the only use for power. It's not like I have multiple sanctuary and healing perks and literally thousands of years of experience just dealing with politics at this point.
>>
File: Monkey.png (4MB, 1836x1570px) Image search: [Google]
Monkey.png
4MB, 1836x1570px
>>48498197
>>48498192
Oh yeah. Heh. Good job, Marvel.
I thought there was a bit too much power in it for a red jumpIt's a joke, calm down
>>
>>48498176
>I hope if anon decides to leave or continue "trolling" or whatever, he'll at least relinquish it to someone else in thread. The bulk is actually really well written as it is

Since he is an admired troll, lets just ignore this and toss it out. I am sure someone else can do a great purge jump. We don't need this guy.
>>
>>48498192
>>48498197
Oh. My apologies to both Red and Marvel.
I guess I saw Red repost it once or something and just assumed she had made it, like the dunce I am.

Good on ya, Marvel, wherever you are.
>>
Did none of you read the changelog?
>>
>>48498236
It was a joke referring to how the Purge setting is shit and the usual response is to burn such places to the ground.
One day, we will achieve a way to convey the thing called "humour" through text.
>>
>>48498245
This.

Remove Trifolium, make way for… somebody. Someone from here, who understands Jumpchain.

DEUS VULT
>>
>>48498245
Man, Clover has made some of my favorite jumps. They've just decided that for some reason it's going to be jumped their way and we can get fucked.

>>48498256
Yes, and Trifolium is the genus for Clovers and blah blah blah.
>>
>>48498256
>Just read the changelog
>Just noticed the signature
I...I hate...I'm not sure what I hate, but I hate.
>>
>>48498256
Oh fuck you.
>>
>>48498256
I had my suspicious from the beginning, due to the fact that Trifolium is Latin for clover, but I refused to believe that Clover would be capable of such shitty douchebaggery.

I refuse to believe you are Clover. Prove it.
Prove you're not just a shitposter.
>>
>>48498256
Yes. Also, you aren't funny. Don't try to be funny ever again. You have lost your right to even attempt it at such a failure.
>>
>>48498245
Come now, It's not a bad jump with the exception of the mandatory nerfs and things. The perks and items are well done and priced-
>>48498256
Eat dicks
>>
>>48498256
What does you making it instead of some other guy change about the problems that still exist?
>>
>>48498290
Oh, simple, it means he knows what he's doing and decided to deliberately fuck it up. That, or it's some idiot falseflagging, I suppose.
>>
>>48498256
So... you made a deliberately shitty jump as a joke?
>>
>>48498265
It would probably work better if that idea could be considered ridiculous for a jumper to propose. Have you seen what people want to do to Twilight just because it's a shitty setting?
>>
>>48498256
Hey you know whats smart? Deliberately pissing off a community known for holding grudges over stupid shit for years. Can't wait to see the warm welcome your next jump gets.
>>
>>48498331
Well, I mean...yeah, but...hmm.
>>
Humor was a mistake.
>>
>>48498348
This isn't humor, it's sheer idiocy.
>>
File: prank'd.gif (2MB, 405x221px) Image search: [Google]
prank'd.gif
2MB, 405x221px
>>48498329
>>48498348
>>
>>48498348
Being a dick and then going j/k is not humor, it's just being a dick.
>>
>>48498289
>Come now, It's not a bad jump with the exception of the mandatory nerfs and things. The perks and items are well done and priced

Does that really make it better? It means it could have been a good jump, that they could have made something good and interesting but decided to throw in some crap to just deliberately piss people off. I am very sorry to find out this is Clover because I usually like clover's stuff but... well do what you want but I have made my feelings known.
>>
>I didn't like this free content that somebody made
>I'm going to shitpost for literal hours about it, and threaten to hold a grudge over the internet against this person who made it for me because it doesn't meet my arbitrary standards for something it isn't to begin with
What fucking entitled douche-bags you guys are. I go to bed for a few hours and this is what the thread devolves into?
I can't believe I share a community with you cancerous fucks.
>>
>>48498416
Have you read it yet?
>>
>>48498256
You're just a shitposting imposter.
Someone tried this shit before and it didn't fly then, it won't fly now.
I'd be impressed with your determination to stick with the bullshit for this long, if I didn't want to literally –and I mean literally– murder you.

Report and ignore this piece of shit, everybody.

>>48498416
It's a troll, anon. It's some piece of fecal excrement pretending to be Clover.
>>
>>48498420
It's a good gauntlet. You've been bitching for fucking hours about something that isn't even fucking bad. You fucks don't have these standards of quality towards anything else as far as I can see, other than to shitpost out of fucking spite for content creators.

God, what a fucking garbage heap of a community.
>>
>>48498416
Hold it, now hold it right there. Normally you would be right but there are these funny arbitrary rules that when a jump is made it prevents anyone else from making that jump. So when someone purposefully makes a flawed jump for the lols, they aren't just dropping a turd on the community they are blocking anyone who wanted to make it from doing so.
>>
File: 1436485791677.jpg (17KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1436485791677.jpg
17KB, 500x352px
I think everyone should calm down? We really don't have any reason to believe it's Clover, and while some jumpmakers just straight up go nuts, I don't even think he's awake right now.
So...Wait and see?
>>
>>48498441
Hey Trifolium.

We know you're not the real Clover.

You can please die in a grease fire now.
>>
>>48498441
I've made all of two other posts.

Or am I everyone because I am anonymous?

I must be you, too.
>>
>>48498441
Shut up, it's trash and should be shitposted into oblivion, and don't let facts get in the way of that.
>>
>>48498444
Why don't you back up and realize you've been shitting on a gauntlet, that's better than a lot of shit on the drive that no one complains about, and a lot of people are more than comfortable using. It more than meets whatever standards of quality this community has, few as they are.

What, is the fact that it's a gauntlet and works by different rules itself a flaw, somehow more damning than things like mib's stuff?
>>
>>48498514
This is the part where I point out that there is precedent for having a gauntlet of a jump and a normal version of the same jump.
>>
File: both.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>48498446
Well, I think it was nice of the troll to give Clover ownership of the jump like that. Now it can be done properly!

No takebacks.
>>
>>48498529
Oh, but Halo doesn't count. Actually, because it disagrees with my point, I demand it be removed from the drive so that I-I mean, we, the thread, can maintain the sanctity of our rules.
>>
>>48498514
No, but it's totally really bad man. Really, just trust me on it.
>>
>>48498545
The maker of the Halo gauntlet wants to turn it into a Halo Wars jump, last I heard he wasn't sure it it would happen but he wanted to.
>>
>>48498514
>>48498529
>>48498545
>>48498557
>>48498457
All the shitposter samefagging to give his troll jump legitimacy.
>>
>>48498575
I was the one that pointed it out. I was equating the shit quality of the Purge "gauntlet" with the shit quality of the Halo gauntlet, dumbass.
>>
>>48498557
It isn't so much that it's bad it is just that is different from what everyone wants and has a maker that refuses to change or discuss what people have issues with.

Since most of the thread is against it it should be kept off the drive but to to thread consensus rather than "it sucks".
>>
>>48498545
>I-I mean, we, the thread

I can't even tell who's shitposting anymore.

>>48498514
Look, I'm just lost and depressed right now reading through everything.

All I can say is-you seem to be missing the point, people are upset specifically because whether the maker was Clover or not, they initially billed their jump as a shitposting attempt and then apparently wanted it to be treated as a legitimate jump for critique despite not apparently taking on any critique in the past.

It's the dishonesty that sticks in the craw. I remember at least a few people did give feedback in good faith.
>>
>>48498585
>shit quality
Are you fucking stupid? Hopefully people with more sense show up sooner or later today.
>>
>>48498604
>Are you fucking stupid?

Maybe? I haven't slept in three days but my house is so fucking clean, I'm proud.
>>
>>48498416
Honestly, if it were just a gauntlet I'd be okay with it. It's not, though. The option of treating it as a standard jump is there now. And that at least partially exists just spit in the eye of anyone who requested to go to the setting without being de-powered. And we'll have to sit there and explain that the jump was changed just so the creator could be a spiteful dick and sit through this anytime anyone in the thread asks why the option exists.

How many more times do you want to have this shitstorm, Anon? Because it will happen every couple months if we let this through.

I'm fine with this if it ends up being a troll or something, and I'm more or less calmed down with the whole "I saw this movie a few months ago and got really excited thinking I could actually do something" thing, but if there is a reason to complain, it's that I don't want to deal with a bunch salty anons every time someone sees it on the drive and asks about it.
>>
>>48498593
This. "Sucks" is a qualitative word, after all. It may not necessarily suck because of the actual jump's quality, but it sucks because the maker's being a total shit.
>>
>>48498613
You actually managed to clean your house? Darn, I could do with some of that motivation. But ffs go get some sleep, anon.
>>
>>48498614
This guy gets it. Seriously, you've been phrasing everything I've been thinking but more eloquently because I don't have the patience to dignify someone who actually types "douche-bags".

>>48498613
...jesus christ.

Dude, go to bed. You're a faggot and I'm opposing the jump for different reasons to you but I'm pretty sure you're one day of wakefulness away from a serious medical condition.

Not that I care about your health or anything. Baka.
>>
>>48498635
Meth, anon.

Not even once.
>>
>>48498617
No that means that the maker sucks, some of the ideas in the jump could have been good ones if they were done better, in different jump, and/or the maker was being less of a dick about things.
>>
>>48498614
>The option of treating it as a standard jump is there now.

No it isn't.

That's just a really shitty drawback, in that it gives way more points than it should; it shouldn't give fucking any because it functionally does nothing but make the setting scale with you in exchange for letting you have all your powers back, and increasing the time scale by 10 years.

It's still a gauntlet even if you take that drawback, and that's the fucking point. You should be able to have your powers at all in a gauntlet, so if you get them back, it should come with the caveat that it means fucking nothing, and the gauntlet is the same in terms of difficulty.
>>
>>48498667
*shouldn't
>>
>>48498667
I remember there being one gauntlet that let you keep all you powers that was generally well-received. Shivers, I think it was? Whichever the one with the museum is.
>>
>>48498653
I...agree? That was what I meant.

>>48498703
Shivers, yeah. And Mad Max has an option like that.
>>
>>48498703
Yeah, and it scales the up massively as appropriate. You aren't helping your case, if this is an argument that the jump should just give you the points, and set loose you on a world on par with the regular setting of The Purge.
>>
>>48498667
You aren't accounting for the fact that Gauntlets are shit and don't belong in jumpchain.
>>
>>48498761
I dunno man. If you read the thread you'd see all those people saying most of the reasons people wanted the purge was to go there WITH powers. Or all those people talking about how well Max Max handled it, giving you your powers and taking away the rewards for beating the gauntlet.

Or you could ignore that and make up strawmen to fight.
>>
>>48498772
Fuck off, LLTQ, Robot Unicorn Attack, Gaki no Tsuki and Shivers were GOAT.
>>
Y'know how a while back, Clover posted about maybe needing to pick up a trip in the even someone tried to impersonate them?

Funny how things come together.
>>
>>48498761
I don't even care about the Purge thing man. I saw someone that looked like they were saying that gauntlets shouldn't let you keep powers, and posted the thing about Shivers.

Upon rereading the post though, I think I misunderstood, so never mind.
>>
>>48498791
That was just an anon dicking around proving a point that they should. I see what you're saying, though.
>>
>>48498791
Someone posted how to get a trip recently. It is just put a # and a password after your name in the name field, or do you put it in the options field?
>>
>>48498851
Is it not it is*
>>
>>48498851
Well lets see
>>
I have heard the darkdark fruit hurts the user, is this true?
>>
>>48498851
Yes the test, above was just test #test
>>
>>48498667
That's wrong for a couple reasons, the biggest of which is that the defining points of a gauntlet are entirely removed. You keep your powers, get a thousand CP, it lasts 10 years, and you get sent home if you are killed. It's a standard jump in anyway that actually matters.

Aside from that, it doesn't scale with you. It scales with the strongest being you faced, which could be someone you died to, but had an extra-life perk to compensate, and got away from. Or just someone that you put up a good enough fight against like Dante or Alucard if you are a mid-tier jumper. Or just someone you up with the super-powered MC to deal with them, like I had to in Tenchi Muyo.

So, it fails at the scaling aspect, exists solely to spite people, gives the government the power to conduct mass executions with only you in their way, and takes away anything that would make it a gauntlet.

And you still failed to address the actual main point of my post, which is that blatant malice for the people who wanted a non-gauntlet options will cause shitstorms if this does make it onto the drive.
>>
>>48498955
Hopefully this knowledge will be put to good use.
>>
>>48498780
To be frank, I couldn't disagree more.

If a Gauntlet had a conversion to jump format with no changes, it would defeat the entire point of making it a Gauntlet in the first place.

They take away the risk of dying and all your powers, and instead present a challenge to overcome. You get no points, can only buy perks by taking drawbacks, and have to beat the gauntlet to keep any of it. If you just change it into a jump without scaling anything up, out of context powers and free points, it trivializes the whole affair.

There's no point to taking it as a gauntlet anymore. You just take the free points and buy whatever perks you want, get your powers back for free, and live ten years without any significant threat. Even if you aren't high powered enough to ignore anything the setting can do to harm you, it's still free points, because you're gaining you powers and points for nothing.

You shouldn't get points for being given power, especially not where nothing else changes to accommodate for that, including the stipulation on not being penalized for dying. You shouldn't even be allowed to buy anything with the points you'd get by taking drawbacks, as even those would be significantly trivialized by having it as a normal jump.

In this case, the jump is at least still a gauntlet, with or without you getting your powers back because it scales. It still shouldn't give any CP for that option. For that matter, the drawbacks are still trivialized by out of context powers, so those should also be locked out.
>>
>>48498987
See >>48498970
>>
>>48498970
See >>48498987
>>
>>48499025
See >>48499009
>>
>>48499009
See >>48499025
>>
>>48499034
See >>48499031
>>
>>48499031
See >>48499034
>>
I'm lost.
>>
>>48498970
Oh right, and the power up affects purgers too, so any random sociopath now has the power to blow up the world, not just the NFFA. Which means that for one night a year, the whole of America has the power to crush a jupiter sized area into a meter sized sphere, if you've been to R-Type.

That's assuming the power isn't evenly distributed, though. If it is, then it's just multiple cities wiped off the map.
>>
>>48499052
See>>48499052
>>
>>48499063
WHAT IS HAPPENING
>>
File: shit the bullshit.jpg (41KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
shit the bullshit.jpg
41KB, 624x480px
>>48499009
>>48499025
>>48499031
>>48499034
>>48499044
>>48499049
>>48499063

This is it. We've done it. We've reached the ultimate in shitpostery. Well done, thread's over, everyone go home.
>>
What do you want then?
>>
>>48499074
Honestly? I feel it really defused my frustration. Turned an annoying argument into an amusingly inane conversation.
>>
>>48499077
You to fucking kill yourself and take your jumps with you, Gauntlets don't belong in jumpchain.
>>
>>48498667
Well, no takebacks works for me, the troll can go back under whatever bridge it came from and the real Clover can fix the jump or trash it.

>>48499009
>>48499025
>>48499031
>>48499034
>>48499044
>>48499049
>>48499063

Global rule 10 violation? Should I report it?
>>
>>48499088
I for one enjoyed it. Seems like it stopped the back and forth.
>>
>>48499077
Same thing I always want, an unlimited supply of whores and comely booze.
>>
>>48499077
You aren't the real clover, so fuck off.
>>
File: maximum oversalt.gif (6MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
maximum oversalt.gif
6MB, 640x360px
>>48499088
At least it's not more people advising each other on increasingly creative methods of suicide that they should pursue.
>>
>>48499077
For you to make it a real jump like LoT, where both the powered and depowered options are designed to be impossible and death is chain ending regardless of which option you took.
>>
>>48499088
>jump
You keep saying that. It isn't a jump, it's a gauntlet, and there's nothing wrong with it, other than that it gives you free points for giving you your powers back.
>>
>>48499077
Earnest thought put into your actions. Tor you to make a gauntlet if that's what you want to make, without condescension to those who make requests you don't want to follow through on. Less mockeries that will throw the thread into turmoil down the line. Forgiveness for being so mean today. A hug from someone who cares.
>>
Got a question regarding Carcaptor Sakuras "Ensoul" perk. It says "Any single magical abilities you have can br placed inside an item..."
And it can create beings of the power and such. Is it possible to esoul the same being with more power? Like say I created an ensouled being using healing magic, can I keep ensouling them with more versatile healing magic that I have to further augment them? Can I also allow them to call upon fire magic If I ensoul it on them? Or is it one magical ability per being?

If it's limited to one magical abilitie per being, does anyone know perks that can allow me to make technorganic beings capable of spells and such?
>>
>>48499138
Nope, only one power. Better make it a good or versatile one, or just make objects with those powers you want to give and hand them over to be used by one particular person/Ensoul'd being.
>>
What's the perk (and from which jump) that makes it so if you speak truthfully, those who hear Know that you are speaking Truth?
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>48499153
>Looks at the countless ensouled weaponry I have in my warehouse
>They each have a different magical shit in them
>Turns head and stares at my Armsfusion Crafter
>Crimson Saint perk for magic to technology and vice versa
>Starro Tech Notes sprawled on my desk for magical,biological and technological integration
>mfw

Thanks anon, the clarification is much appreciated
>>
>>48499153
On another not, I'm not really able to think of many singular magic powers to give an Ensoul'd being that would be particularly useful.
>>
>>48499153
Can you ensoul specific spells? I am still looking for physical boost items to hand out.
>>
>>48498970
That doesn't have to be the defining feature of Gauntlets, though. Shivers has two modes, one where you lose your powers and the setting stays the same, one where you keep your powers and the setting keeps up with them. I'm totally OK with that being the standard for Gauntlets from now on. The setting ramping up to be a challenge no matter what still fulfills the spirit of what a Gauntlet is.

This Gauntlet just does a really shitty job of implementing it, though. It conflates the "this is a Jump" drawback with the "you keep your powers, good luck" option, which removes the option of spending ten years in the Purge Jump. It also does really dumb shit like making everything more expensive if you do take this option, banning your companions, and the like.

>>48498987
I disagree. I think there are settings where the challenge aspect is important enough that a Gauntlet is appropriate. Plus, remember that the ten year drawback for Shivers makes the museum thousands of times bigger to account for the fact that you're going to be in it for ten years, and unleashes thousands of Ixupi on you.

>>48499077
Split the 1000 CP option into a "all your powers or none of them" choice and a "one purge or ten years of purge and the government" options.
>>
>>48499226
Shadow Conjuration and its variants.
Any summoning magic.
(Limited) Wish.
Any healing magic.
Any kind of teleport.

That's from thinking about it for 5 seconds (and heavy on D&D), so there's probably a lot more.
>>
>>48499226
As I am the poster that originally posted the question I had the same issue, till I realized Crimson Saint can go from Technology to Magic.

Imagine, a GBE turned into a spell you could cast, and going from that to ensouling it as a being, congrats, you've got the gun, a magical equivalent and a waifu.
>>
>>48499284
>>48499265
I thought it just turned spells into items. Ensoul I mean.
>>
>>48499226
Wish. No, seriously, it's the best thing for Ensoul that I can think of, alongside maybe just giving the perk from Dark Sun that gives them level 1 Preserver.

The best thing to do though, is to simply have them take learning or teaching perks, then have them learn a bunch of teachable magic systems and martial combat abilities. My preference is Traveler magic for the secondary benefits.
>>
>>48499300
Ensouoed can do roughly the same shit clow could do with the cards, you can ensoul your power within an object so it could be used by others and you can ensoul it as a being that represents the magical ability
>>
>>48499311
Could Ensoul'd beings form a bond with a Territory?
>>
>>48499311
>teachable magic systems
What magic systems can we teach others post jump?
>>
>>48499322
I don't see why not.
>>
>>48499311
Wish a shit. I don't entrust my fate into the hands of the closest GM equivalent in all of Jumpchain, and the other uses are just other standard D&D spells.
>>
>>48499254
I think we define gauntlets differently, because I never consider the Monopoly Gauntlet challenging. Or Gaki no Tsukai, though that is punishing.
>>
>>48499322
Not him but if you ensoul the power ad an item then you can feed it to your territory as whatever. Like if you had all birds you ensoul wish you could have a wish granting bird.

I think.

I like to do things like gput martial arys manuals in so they become teachers who either allow you to summon them or allow you to buff your travellers with their skills.
>>
>>48499350
Yeah. Almost all the D&D spells in existence in fact, which is the point of taking it - unmatched versatility.
>>
I don't know what to do anymore
>>
>>48499324
Technically speaking? All of them and none of them. There are very few magic systems in jump chain that you can actually teach to other people, but with a few perks or perk combos, you could probably teach any magic system at all.
>>
>>48499311
Who's paying the 5000xp cost of the Wishes? Because that's a thing in 3.5, and the average joe or jane doesn't have that much to spare. Miracle might be a better choice.
>>
>>48499399
I think it's not that big an issue. The only reason people want it to be a Jump is so they can smash the setting, and they're just pissy they can't. But I would suggest splitting the gauntlet/jump choice and the weak/strong choice so we can spend ten years building ultratech in preparation for our final purge.
>>
>>48499358
Monopoly Gauntlet is profoundly silly, and really shouldn't be precedent for anything.
>>
>>48499418
Use the ring of erlu to free cast it, or use one of those perks that let you substitute one power source with another.

Or use that overlord perk and cast the spell from a system without xp cost.
>>
>>48495867
The attack layers dimensions, dumbfuck. You need at least two dimensions to use it.
>>
>>48499434
Was that the point, or was it just the " /tg/ hates Monopoly" meme?
>>
>>48499418
>Ensoul
Dude. They don't have to pay for the casts, because they are the embodiment of Wish as a magical power, and don't have anything else, even the ability to use the magic system it came from.
>>
>>48499446
Nuh uh, anytime they use a magic power it costs the same amount as it would normally, making it pointless for anything because they don't gain any kind magical energy to cast with.
>>
>>48499466
That sounds dumb. How about no to that.
>>
>>48495824
Depends on how Nazarick is contructed, which'll depend on if the author of the setting has gone into detail or not (and if not, it's up to your own chain's fanwank).
>>
>>48499466
If your interpretation of how a power works makes that power useless for its intended purpose (letting others use your magic) you should probably consider that you're wrong, not that the jumpmaker deliberately made a trap option.
>>
File: sad phyrra.gif (2MB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
sad phyrra.gif
2MB, 500x225px
When did you realize you accidentally everything, /jc/?

It doesn't count if you meant to do it, only accidents here.
>>
>>48499499
It's less that and more that Wish has certain extra requirements for casting beyond the usual "insert mana here". So just shoving it into a being or an item via Ensoul isn't going to remove that extra requirement, either the maker of the Ensouled Wish is going to have to "pre-load" it with XP, or the user of the Ensouled Wish is going to have to pay the price, or the maker is going to have to use other perks first to turn the Wish into a version that doesn't need XP to work.
>>
File: 1469491238572.jpg (38KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1469491238572.jpg
38KB, 320x320px
>>48499494
Nazarick is made of layers each underneath the other with different settings to make different realms.

I had a picture but 4chan wont let me upload it.
>>
>>48499445
I think it was our first Joke jump.
>>
>>48499519
Ok, that makes more sense. In that case you're probably better off using Miracle for pretty much the same function without the XP cost.
>>
>>48499519
Thats fine. Cast wish through a system of magic whic has no concept of xp cost, like mushoku tensei or something. Then ensoul it. For bonus points do it while overcharging it with all the magic boosters you have on stock.
>>
>>48499519
Not him but clow cards were made of eastern and western magic combined. So you could technically conjoin conjure a Wish spell so it runs on mana or some shit as a substitute, and then ensoul that improved Wish as a being.
>>
>>48499519
Why the fuck would it take the extra cost either if they don't take Mana to cast it? No, it'd be functionally a free cast for them, otherwise they can't use it at all, because they don't have any magical energy to cast with, or ability with D&D magic beyond Wish.
>>
>>48499510
Just today. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>48499545
No anon you don't understand
Exp cost is speshel as a requirement so it still needs to be payed even if you don't need any magical power
>>
>>48499399
Look, I don't know if you're the real Clover or someone else or someone else but if you take anything from this:

1. If you want something to be treated like an actual jump? TREAT IT LIKE AN ACTUAL JUMP and don't try to be cute and waste everyone's time and patience by pretending to be a Reddit stereotype. Starting by LETTING PEOPLE KNOW YOU'VE LISTENED TO THEIR FEEDBACK and more importantly, SHOWING that you have.

This whole sad, sad fiasco could have been avoided if you didn't do something incredibly stupid and inflammatory in a community you should know by now hates stupid, inflammatory things.

2. I'm not even sure if I trust you to do the job right so this is more of a general statement to everyone here but-I think if a The Purge jump were to be made, the best option would be to do it Mad Max-style were you can be depowered optionally or just run through it as a regular jump. This isn't like Shivers where horror is supposed to be the predominant mood; the whole sociopolitical statement thing kinda undercuts that and isn't portrayed well when you make the evil government super powerful for jump reasons.
>>
>>48499537
>Ok, that makes more sense.
No it doesn't. That makes no more sense than claim they can't use the magic given to them because they don't have mana to cast with.
>>
>>48499545
To be fair see >>48499543, they do cost something, it's just not XP which I'm not even sure exists outside the bounds of a TTRPG. D&D mechanics applied to Jumpchain confuse the shit out of me.
>>
>>48499519
I'm going to be honest. My post about Ensoul'd beings not being able to cast wish because they have no magical energy to cast with was me pretending to be retarded.

This post is ACTUALLY stupid and wrong.
>>
>>48499572
I'm pretty sure XP costs are fluffed as life energy or memories or something like that, but i'm too lazy to go digging for the reference.

>>48499565
It's not exactly the same thing. And it makes sense to me, and apparently at least one other person.
Also balance issues.
If you want free wishes you're free to fanwank it.
>>
>>48499545
Because the Wish spell doesn't cost _only_ magic, it costs magic _and_ XP. Card Captor Ensouled beings/items are plugged into an (apparently) limitless magic source (whatever the heck that is in CCS) but XP comes from people (unless you can provide it some other way).

>>48499572
Yeah. The closest equivalent to XP in most other settings that have magic is 'personal life energy'. If you were in the Dresden Files, spending XP would be like using Soulfire.
>>
>>48499555
>stupid and inflammatory

Words that also describe a good part of the community.
>>
>>48499592
>Life energy

Shit, really? I thought that was only a thing in Overlord.

Huh. That...puts the average murderhobo spree in perspective. So adventurers are apparently stealing the soul energy of every encounter they kill.

Lich McLichenson did nothing wrong, he just wanted to create a world where everyone's souls are stored somewhere no adventurer can steal them.
>>
You people are just fucking lemmings. I'm going through this thread and people think it's a good idea to try and engage in dialogue with the thread and reason shit out when the shitposter is around. Fucking why? You can see him. Wait until he's asleep or until Summer ends and he has to go to school. Trying to have any kind of dialogue with him around is impossible since he leaches off of every post.
>>
>>48499604
I mean, you're not wrong but.

Neither am I.

I'm just saying-if you piss fire on gasoline, it's obviosu why you got burned.

>>48499595
Limitless magic source? As far as I knew they were just really complex magical constructs?
>>
>>48499612
While I'm not saying that people need to reply to the shitposter, but if we didn't have any kind of dialogue, there wouldn't be a thread in the first place.
>>
>>48499595
Except, that doesn't matter. Wish is a magical power. They can use Wish and only Wish as their inherent magical power which they embody and nothing else. Why the fuck would they still have to pay the cost to cast their ability? Ensoul'd beings don't have to for any other power. They just get their ability and can use it freely. Wish doesn't get special treatment.
>>
>>48499630
Maybe that's what we all need right now. A break.
>>
>>48499606
They don't usually 'steal' (unless they use Energy Drain spells or abilities) life energy or souls from others. Their pool of life energy just gets stronker as they do their thing, from all the practice or whatever.
>>
>>48499638
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>48499595
>it costs magic _and_ XP
And I'm telling you that they don't have to pay either cost.
>>
>>48499606
... maybe?

>>48499626
I don't know CCS well enough to know where magic "comes from" in the setting nor if the constructs ever "run out".

>>48499637
But that's just it, anon. D&D 3.5 Wish is not just magical power. It's magical power _and_ XP. Do you understand, or do you need a car analogy?
>>
>>48499639
Oh, okay.

Which means, regardless of actual stat distribution, Epic Level characters are immense fonts of life energy?

Huh. Does this mean the Elemental Plane of Positive Energy is an effectively infinite reserve of XP?

Is my DM going to punch me in the face if I tell him all this?
>>
>>48499595
>Clow Cards are connected by an infinite source
I'm gonna need a source dude, the wiki makes no mention of them casting their powers (that they fucking represent) because their taking energy from a sink of power. The things you ensoul even have an easier time using the abilty.
>>
>>48499651
You've had enough, anon. Go home, you're drunk.
>>
>>48499665
Probably. Most of the stuff in these threads about DnD would get you at least a pimp slap, if not a outright face punching.
>>
>>48499663
As far as I know they're basically like, golems. But self-aware. And only made of magic. Eastern and western magic combined together, specifically.
>>
>>48499663
Anon, you're being deliberately obtuse at this point, and I'm beginning to thing you're a troll.

Wish is a spell. End of story, no bill, no tip, nothing payed.
>>
>>48499667
I never said it was infinite. I said "(apparently) limitless". And if they are _doing_ things, they're _outputting_ energy, whether there's an input or not. If you want to wank that the magic creations don't actually run on magic, that's your chain.
>>
>>48499665
>Which means, regardless of actual stat distribution, Epic Level characters are immense fonts of life energy?
Sorta, yeah. It's also to do with memory, I think?

>Huh. Does this mean the Elemental Plane of Positive Energy is an effectively infinite reserve of XP?
Ehhh.... Close, but not quite. 'life energy' is a simplification for both. Positive energy kills undead, but undead /can/ get xp.

>spoiler
Probably.
>>
You know, D&D already has rules for making magic items with XP costs. You pay the XP cost per cast per charge, with unlimited counting as 100 charges. So just extrapolate, and Ensouling would probably require 500,000 XP (5,000 X 100).
>>
>>48499687
I'm not a troll. I'm pointing out how the D&D Wish spell works in D&D. If you want to fanwank that the XP cost for Wish just plain _disappears_ when you use it in other settings, that's fine, that's your chain. I'm just pointing it out.
>>
>>48499694
That'd work.
>>
>>48499669
I'm already home baby.
>>
>>48499694
That is a great idea! Now use ring of erlu to get around paying for the cost at all and make the infinite use ring of wishes. I like this idea, I like it a lot.
>>
>>48499604
Which is why sticking your dick in the anthole is a bad idea unless you want to get your dick bitten by ants. "Clover" didn't seem to want his dick bitten by ants, and seems surprised and upset that he has ants biting his dick, so I think it's reasonable to say "then why did you stick your dick in an anthole?"
>>
>>48499719
Item creation is not spellcasting. Ring of Elru only affects the latter.
>>
>>48499663
Anon, it is literally a magic power. You learn it as a wizard, it has all the caveats of a spell, it's spell.

You are bullshiting if you're telling me that Ensoul'd beings of certain spells, but not others, need to pay certain costs, but not others, on the basis that part of the energy used to power the spell isn't 'magical energy'. What, do you think they also require somatic and materiel components?
>>
>>48499719
>>48499732

Oh but wait it gets better. You can use 3.5 Wish to make magic items. But it costs that 5000 XP plus double the XP it would cost to craft those items normally. Buuut you have the Ring of Erlu...

Of course if the Ring does actually have a limit on just how much power it can provide for "free", finding out the hard way will probably involve your XP - i.e. your life force - being instagibbed.
>>
>>48499734
I don't know, do they? Does CCS magic even have those?
And either way, there's a pretty big difference between waving inconsequential components and those that are a major limiting factor.
The XP cost on Wish is the latter.
>>
>>48499734
No, of course they don't. In D&D terms the Ensouled would presumably have their spell as a Spell-Like Ability, which waives the normal somatic and material components. XP is neither of those.
>>
>>48499702
It's fiat. You still have to pay for your own casts of wish, but Ensoul'd beings just don't. They have the power to use their ability outright, cost free, as fiat. Any power that can be made into an Ensoul'd being can do as much.
>>
>>48499772
Citation needed.
>>
>>48499770
Actually, Spell-Like Abilities also don't have XP costs.

From the SRD:
>A spell-like ability has no verbal, somatic, or material component, nor does it require a focus or have an XP cost. The user activates it mentally. Armor never affects a spell-like ability’s use, even if the ability resembles an arcane spell with a somatic component.
>>
>>48499770
Wait up, no, SLAs are XP-free too in 3.5. You might be thinking 3.0.

The only caveat is that I can't imagine any sane DM letting you _create_ for free a being that can then cast free Wishes at will. Somebody, somewhere, is going to have to pay the piper.
>>
>>48499779
Where's your citation that Ensoul'd beings have to pay Exp costs to use the abilities you give them? The perk text says that you can make them with any single magical ability and that they can just call on it.

It was your claim to begin with. There's nothing to indicate as much either.
>>
>>48499796
>>48499807
Okay, point.
>>
>>48499772
Yeah, but you'd probably have to pay the cost of creating the Ensouled being, then. Which is 500,000 XP.

Better get killing goblins.
>>
>>48499807
It's probably still got the limitations of being casts per day or something like that.
>>
>>48499838
Your shitty joke is not funny.
>>
>>48499807
Looks like the person who creates the Ensouled being is the one who pays the piper. It's in the perk text:

>You do not lose access to the magic infused in an object but will be much weaker for a few days.

It also says they only get "a fraction of your magical power". So unless you can pop Wishes all day long and then some, they won't be either.
>>
>>48499862
As in, a single magical ability that they can use, you moron.
>>
>>48499630
That's not my point. I'm not saying not to have dialogue, I'm saying to WAIT UNTIL HE"S NOT AROUND TO HAVE IT, because otherwise he'll just shitpost and falseflag and make it impossible to discuss.
>>
>>48499879
No, that's a separate condition in the perk.
>>
>>48499883
So, we should wait until anyone who disagrees with you leaves then?
>>
>>48499860
I'm confused. What joke?
>>
>>48499895
It could be argued either way. So time to invoke the holy potatoes I think and let this rest.
>>
>>48499895
Are you being retarded on purpose? I can read it that way too.

>a fraction of your magical power

So that means 999/1000 then, right? It's still a fraction, which means they get functionally all my magical power.

Stop this before it goes any farther.
Everyone will lose, there will be no winners.
>>
>>48499896
You're either him, or being stupid. Doesn't matter though, we're on page 11.

No. You wait until the guy who keeps saying insults like 'fuck off', 'kill yourself', and 'Let Babylon make it' isn't around to shitstorm. My entire premise is that contrasting opinions should be discussed, just not when someone is stirring shit at the same time because it ruins our ability to sincerely debate a topic.
>>
Or you could all just go on the IRC and find Stupid Dog instead of arguing points neither side can prove?

Just sayin.
>>
>>48499921
>You're either him, or being stupid
Alright, then I see that you're the shitposter falseflagging. It's pretty obvious when he resorts to calling people who call him out on his bullshit and disagree with him samefags.

See? I can do it too, shitposter.
>>
>>48499942
Ah, so you're him.

Man, you only sleep like four hours a day. You're killing yourself with that shit, it's very unhealthy.
>>
>>48499920
No, it means significantly less. Don't try to argue legalese with this.
>>
>>48499957
No, you're definitely him. No one else dismisses all opposition as one guy so easily while pretending not to.
Thread posts: 658
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.