[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 48

File: 0ade3a0b2e63471085ed0cade26e9350.jpg (628KB, 1079x1500px) Image search: [Google]
0ade3a0b2e63471085ed0cade26e9350.jpg
628KB, 1079x1500px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Remember to take N. Jolly's Extra Social Talent (Companion to the Lonely) to succeed on those Horror Adventures corruption saves, everyone!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: https://mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48474886
>>
File: IMG_001594.gif (738KB, 694x694px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_001594.gif
738KB, 694x694px
yes okay
>>
>>48485103
I'm still bloody mad that a decently-made (even if still T4) class as the Vigilante was tied to such a shitty concept.
>>
File: killing kakyoin like.gif (493KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
killing kakyoin like.gif
493KB, 500x281px
>give Eldritch Scion 4+Int Skill points
>he is considered as in a state of focus so log as he has 1 point in his arcane pool, allowing spell combat
>swift action to toggle bloodrager powers on/off, no cost or duration limit
>still habe to take the feat to metamagic a spell, but we all know which one you're taking
level 12 arcana to use your CL and Cha for wands

Do these houserules make Eldritch Scion actually be not-shit?
>>
legacy of dragons infodump

Alternate racial abilities for the 7 core races.
Wyvarans get alternate racial traits, racial feats, and a few new favored class options.
Traits for growing up in a domain touched by dragons.
Esoteric, Imperial, Outer, and Primal expanded bloodlines. The alternate bloodlines are really just variant bloodline arcana and different breath weapon types and shapes (though a few do offer bludgeoning or piercing for their damage types!)
The Dragon oracle mystery... well, it makes you more like a dragon. Revelations for scales and senses and a tail and breath weapons and just, well, dragon-y stuff. also, Covetous curse
The Dragonblood Chymist, Dragonheir Scion (Fighter), Mindwyrm Mesmer, Wyrm Singer (Skald), and Wyrmwitch archetypes, no info yet
Scaled Fist monk archetype
Scaled Fist goes off of CHA instead of WIS. Start gaining dragon immunities and can imbue their attacks with an element and gain a breath attack. Has rules for if you're playing a core monk or unchained version. The Drake companion, with supporting archetypes for Druids, Shamans, Cavaliers, Rangers, and Paladins. It's specifically a Drake (that has unique abilities that you can pick from). They can be any non-good alignment. The Drake companion is along the lines of an Unchained Eidolon. A set progression of abilities, but a few that can be chosen. Not a point-based system, but still some flexibility. Maxes out at 15 HD like an Eidolon, too. Importantly, Drake Companions do not count as Animal Companions for anything that affects Animal Companions and if your DC dies it SPECIFICALLY says you can't just get another as easily as you would an AC, you HAVE to get your's raised.
>>
>>48485420
part 2
Linnorm, Tatzlwyrm, and Wyvern Style feat chains. Linnorm Style you reduce your AC and get bonuses and AoOs vs those that attack you, and even more vs those that drop you. Tatzlwyrm Style lets your UAS deal slashing damage, helps breaks others out of grapples, makes you harder to grapple, and can grapple without using your hands. Wyvern Style lets you Flurry with certain close range weapons and whips, makes your allies not provoke through movement against whoever you're Flurrying, andthe final feat, Wyvern Wing lets you take 2 5ft steps while flurrying.
There's also the Bloodline Manifestion feat for Sorcerer and Bloodragers that gives an ability (they're all pretty cool, not just breath attacks or something) depending on what draconic bloodline you got.
There's technically only one Draconic Heritage feat, but it takes up TWO friggin pages because it gives you a special attack depending on what type of dragon you pick. For some of them if you're a certain class you get additional stuff or extra uses. It also does require a 13 CHA so not that bad.
The Caligraphy Wyrm and Pseudowyvern as Improved Familiar options. The new Improved Familiars are both N-aligned.
Dragon Magic, including spells with a new "draconic" descriptor. Among others, we get the Form of the Alien Dragon (esoteric, outer) and Form of the Exotic Dragon (imperial or primal) spell lines. There's also draconic ally which summons a Psuedodragon buffed up by a form of _ dragon spell and lasts 1 day per level.

all info is from posts in the paizo thread, with a bit of formatting to go race>traits>classes>feats>magic and group info together
>>
>>48485420
>The Dragon oracle mystery... well, it makes you more like a dragon. Revelations for scales and senses and a tail and breath weapons and just, well, dragon-y stuff. also
1 minute or round per level per day?
>>
>>48482855
>Druid, Shaman, Cavalier, Ranger, and Paladin all have archetypes that can get one.
Why the fuck does the shaman get one but the hunter doesn't?
>>
>>48485632
Not enough info to answer your question., I copied and pasted everything I could find pretty much verbatim.
>>48485656
No idea.
>>
>>48485632
based of of precedent though, I'd probably say scales gives a permanent small bonus to natural armor, scaling if Paizo had someone particularity not stupid look over it, maybe with an elemental resistance if they're being nice, senses are probably a starts off shitty and gets better over time revelation with a 3-7 level min requirement, tail is probably minutes per day (and claws, if you can get those), breath weapon is proabbly either 1/day per X levels or Cha Mod + X per day, there's probably a flight revelation usable minutes per day, and I'd be willing to bet that the capstone makes all the temporary boosts be always on.
>>
>>48485269
>swift action to toggle bloodrager powers on/off, no cost or duration limit

I don't think this is a good idea, as even bloodragers are still limited by their powers only being active while raging.
>>
File: 5mIhSNY.jpg (166KB, 700x933px)
5mIhSNY.jpg
166KB, 700x933px
Any news on Horror Adventures being leaked yet?
>>
>>48485908

Most of the information we have currently is just what has been posted by others.

http://paizo.com/products/btpy9n5a/discuss&page=22?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Horror-Adventures#tabs
>>
File: 1468528824481.jpg (2KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1468528824481.jpg
2KB, 125x93px
How to fix Pathfinder:

> all martial classes get good will saves
> remove all SoD spells
> cut the number of spells wizards can cast in half per day
> remove sorcerer and summoner
> rogue skills are rogue-only and other classes can take 1 rank MAXIMUM in those skills

There. Pathfinder would be a lot better. Hopefully they add these changes in PF 2.0
>>
>>48485843
It's probably a bit knee-jerk. Would probably better to make it free_ action toggle to activate for 1 minute at a time by spending a pool point, I'm just a salty motherfucker. You don't get any of the actual bloodrage benefits, just the bloodline abilities, which SHOULD HAVE BEEN PASSIVE EFFECTS PAIZO YOU LAZY FUCKS.

I made the mistake of looking at all these archetypes with cool names for the magus alchemist, bard, etc, and they're all SHIIIIIIT. Shit design that doesn't even replace the right features for the archetype's theme. Bladed Scarf Dancer doesn't even replace medium/heavy armor proficiency or get PERFORM AS A CLASS SKILL. It makes me want to homebrew fixes but that would just be blood sweat and tears wasted on shit nobody else cares about.
>>
>>48486046

Some bloodline abilities are just really damn powerful though. Like what, Arcane bloodline Eldritch Scion is now permanently in Form of the Dragon at all times? It's a bit silly. Some are totally valid as passive abilities and I'll agree there, but others seem just too powerful.

Limiting them to 1 minute durations per pool point I think is a solid alternative.
>>
>>48486003
>no other class can perceive, use magical items, sneak around, or get through traps
>no bloodlines
>doesn't solve anything about gunslinger
1/10, terrible.
>>
Tell me is this a shitty story line to set up for an introduction for a new big bad in a round robin?
(Especially because I based some of this off of that city of the damned game.)

The players find themselves in the ruins of a city back on Golarion from the world Kel (long story.)

The monkey men under the command of the gorilla king have summoned a twin tail comet upon this city with a dark ritual and are somewhere underneath this city performing it to empower a shamen again.

The players fight off monkey men, the crazed survivors, the undead, and make deals with scavenger kobolds and various other things.

If they don't kill the shaman in time he will escape the city and head to free station and bring down another comet except this time it's full of the equivalent of home brew shard-minds that serve a demi god.

The ritual this whole time was an over the top trick to sneak back onto golarion without the demi god's siblings ever noticing his return.
>>
>>48486176

> delete gunslinger
> delete bloodlines

There you go
>>
>>48486003
Clerics, Oracles, Arcanists are good though, right?
>>
>>48486003
>all martial classes get good will saves

Let's just remove saves from the game. All creatures automatically pass any saving throw called for by any effect. There, that simultaneous fixes martials being ass at saves and nerfs casters. There are enough spells that still do something on a successful save or allow no save at all that casters should be okay.
>>
So quick question. If I am using a gauntlet as a UC Monk which are enchanted with the Guided property, I can apply that property to all of my unarmed strikes so long as I have those on yes? So I can use Wisdom to dmg/hit?
>>
If I were to buy a +1 weapon, would I need to pay 300 gold for it to be masterwork as well, or is the masterwork cost included in the normal 2,000?
>>
>>48486713
Yes, you need to pay for the masterwork(+300) as well as the +1 enchantment(+2000). So a +1 longsword would be 2315gp total
>>
>>48486698
Well, I don't think so. I'm pretty certain the guided would only apply to the gauntlet strike. That 1d4 attack.
Which is different to an unarmed strike.
Since, y'know, putting on a gauntlet is basically wielding a weapon and is in no way akin to using fists to attack.
So says Paizo.
Because....
Yes.

Amulet of mighty fists with guided could be what you need.
>>
>>48486762
Well that's still better then the worst case scenario I expected. I can still work with that. Thank you dear anon.
>>
>>48486003
Garbage idea senpai.
>>
Hey, here's the special week long horror themed archetypes for Legendary Vigilantes playtest.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
We need to add new links to the repository for new /pfg/ homebrew! What homebrew has graced our boards lately from users that should go in? Anyone got any ideas? Anything stick out?
>>
>>48486003
Paizo removed SoD spells (they are save or damage now). DSP added them back in.
>>
File: LetMeSquint.png (509KB, 850x463px) Image search: [Google]
LetMeSquint.png
509KB, 850x463px
>>48486968
>people have talked about this in multiple threads
>pastebin still missing a bunch of homebrew people have repeatedly suggested adding
>the races haven't had the fat trimmed yet
>>
>>48486003
> remove sorcerer and summoner
You're retarded.
>>
>>48486762
>>48486809
You can actually enchant an unchained monks unarmed strikes as if they were manufactured weapons, you know.
>>
>>48487011
Asking people to lost save or die spells you get a short list of like 10 spells. They are easily removed (or not useful outside of some circumstances, like sleep at early levels). People bitch and moan about it but at high levels debuffing gets harder and harder because spell DCs don't keep up with good saves. You have to target bad saves and as a prepared caster making sure you have save or suck/battle field control over all three saves strains your spell slots. Especially if you're leaving stuff open to utility. That's why quick study is so good.

Preparing spell slots is actually a big tactical deal. /Pfg/ acts as if it's always done optimally on perfect information. It almost never is.

This just makes wizards in practice slightly worse. By no means bad. They're still jostling for the front of tier 1.
>>
>>48487032
DepressedAnon's classes should be added. They're pretty good.

The unchained swashbuckler should be added.

Wasn't there another homebrew fighter that you got a choice between a little religious a little magic and Very fighty.
>>
>>48487079
what does a save or die wizard do against a monk with +20 in every save
>>
File: BaitILost.png (57KB, 625x626px)
BaitILost.png
57KB, 625x626px
>>48486003
>removing sorcerer, but the wizard stays with just half spells/day
>removing the summoner instead of just splitting their SLA Summoning and Eidolon mechanics into two separate specializations so they don't get to have all the cake and eat it to
>balancing skills around the class that is universally regarded as only slightly better than an NPC class

Martials getting good will saves is acceptable in most instances, but still retarded. 2/10, still probably one of the better shitposts we've had in a dozen threads.
>>
>>48487125
>replying to a troll

Stop. They've been at it all morning.
>>
>>48486698
To answer this question, ask yourself:

>does this benefit the monk, or let them have nice things?
>if yes, then it probably doesn't work
>>
>>48487079
I know that, and you know that. People usually ignore the fact that the only spells that will get through saves easily are the highest two levels of spells. Everything else goes bad fast. The lower level spell slots are only good for utility.
>>
>>48487125
UC rogue blows NPC classes out of the water. Have you fucking looked at NPC classes. What about them is "slightly better". Fuck, even normal rogues.

People don't appreciate how shit NPC classes are. They literally do my have any class features except for the adept.
>>
>>48487123
Leaves or uses spells with no save (a few of which exist) to try and lower his saves till he can hit him with a debilitating one. The wizard has defenses to guard against being hit, but really is playing a losing game unless he knew he was fighting a monk and prepared a kill list rather than a general daily adventuring list.

It also depends if the monk can fly.
>>
>>48487207
If it's a monk, then he's got no problem. If it's an Unchained monk, he might be in some deep shit, because they can have dimensional Dervish by 11th or 13th level.
>>
>>48486003
>> cut the number of spells wizards can cast in half per day
Yes, because people are having so much problems with wizards before they get 6th level spells.
>>
More Legacy of Dragons info

Spells:
>There's a few more, and Apsu themed one, a Dahak themed one, one that gives you a tail, and one that makes touch attacks resolves against your normal AC.

>That Touch Attacks vs normal AC spell is single handedly going to save dragons from firearm related extinction. All of my dragons are going to mysteriously have that on their spell list now, lol.

>It lasts for minutes but once it's activated it only lasts until the end of the Caster's next turn, but still, a definite preserving tactic vs firearms.

>Also, your dragons might not need to "know" the spell, because no one has talked about just what the draconic spell descriptor does.... ;-)

>So what does the draconic spell descriptor do?

>At 5 HD creatures with the dragon type can add the spell to their spells known, and can add another at each additional HD after that.

>Does this work even for Dragonkins with levels in spontaneous classes like a Wyvaran Sorcerer or Inquisitor?

>It specifically calls out racial hit dice.

Wyvaran race:
>Speaking of Wyvarans, this book has a whole section on them. They get alternate racial traits, favored class bonuses, and racial feats.

Dragonheir Scion (Fighter Archetype):
>They gain draconic abilites and build off Arcane Strike and can buff it with elemental damage.

>So does this archetype grant spell slots, or does it assume that your character is multiclassed?

>you ignore the prerequisites for Arcane Strike.

Anything for Kineticists?:
>One of the Draconic Heritage feat options works better if you're a Kineticist, other than that nothing to my knowledge.

Dragonblood Chymist and Wyrm Singer:
>The Dragonblood Chymist becomes dragon-like, and Wrym Singer can cast form of the dragon on their allies. Other than that all the archetypes gain some form of draconic features or characteristics.
>>
>Getting back to this (without copy/pasting obviously) the posts that were deleted were concerning sidebars in this book calling torture and casting Evil spells and that, yes, they are in fact evil acts.

Paizo's childish tantrum about this continues for another year.
>>
>>48487503
>one that gives you a tail
TAILFUL POLYMORPH IS NOW PAIZO CONTENT.
>>
More Horror Adventures
Deep One corruption:
>You must submerge yourself in seawater daily. If you don't do this or are targeted by an evil divine spell, you must make a Will save. If you fail, you blackout for 24 hours and progress in corruption. The first time you just move towards a sea or ocean. The second time, you make contact with an alien entity and become a Deep One Hybrid. The third time, you become a Deep One.

>Quick overview of manifestations:

>Bite attack, but you have trouble speaking/casting spells with verbal and thought components.

>Touch attack aboleth mucus thing, but you must be constantly submerged in seawater.

>Claws, but you smell like a low tide.

>Cold resistance and deep ocean survivability, but you take a Dex penalty on land.

>Darkvision and low-light vision, but light sensitivity.

>Amphibiousness, but you take a Charisma penalty.

>Gills that let you breathe underwater, but you are more susceptible to inhaled poisons.

>Ignoring concealment underwater due to muck, but you take a Perception penalty on land.

>Slow aging and a constitution bump, but you sleep 16 hours a day.

>Swimming ability, but your webbed hands give you penalties on Dex and Str checks on land.

The poor Medium:
>Medium does not have any new archetypes, just new legendary spirits.. again...

Artifacts:
>Cup of Forbidden Knowledge, Dark Grimoire, and the Elder Sign are the three artifacts listed and are all Minor Artifacts.

The Painting monster
>Trompe l’oeil is a template and armor bonus type changes if it's actually painted with armor or not, it can go into any painting it touches, and it will respawn as long as it's original painting is still intact.
>>
Any word on the slayer archetypes from horror adventures? Anything worthwhile or interesting at least?
>>
>>48487503
>firearm related extinction
Sure, fuck over gunslingers, why don't you.
>>
>>48487646
Do you have the darkness corruption? CAn you just rip the pages from it man?
>>
>>48487667

Slayer sounded like it had a pretty cool Witch Hunter kinda thing.
>>
>>48487731
Sorry, just copy+pasting stuff from the Paizo forums. It might have been posted before in a previous thread though.
>>
>>48487731

The only corruptions posted about have been lycanthrope, vampire, accursed, and deep one to my knowledge.
>>
>>48487667
>>48487734
Slayer Archetypes:
>Slayers get Bloody Jake... Think of Wrong Turn (the bad B rated horror movies) or The Hills have eyes. They are essentially bumpkins who pray on country folk or those passing through.

>Must be evil *duh*

>They are basically built around terrorizing foes.

>Then we have the Family Hunter

>He is focused on studying a family rather than a specific target.

>Then we have Witch killer

>They get select barbarian rage powers and increase saving throws against arcane spell casters.

>Makes it harder for magic users to concentrate etc.
>>
>>48487787
lich was up last page
>>
>>48487798
If the witch killer gets normal/non-unchained rage powers that could be really good potentially. Wasn't quite a fan of the unchained barbarians not being able to hulk out and push a building over, but the stances were cool.
>>
>>48487503
More Wyvaran:
>Do the wyvarans get alternate racial mods, energy resistance, a breath weapon, or spell powers?

>No, other than the feat Wyvaran Spellcasting, which lets Dragon sorcerers or clerics with the Dragon or Scalykind pick one of their bonus spells that they can cast ( one spell level lower than their highest) and gives it to them as a SLA 2/day

Humans:
>If you're interested in Draconic Eldritch Heritage there's an alternate human racial trait that lets you ignore the (non-level) prereqs for that chain.
>>
>>48487818
Not dropping dead suddenly was kind of nice too.
>>
>>48487864
That was a good trade off, admittedly!
>>
>>48487818
>>48487798

Witch Killer needs minor alchemy and spellcasting if it wants to be literally a Witcher.
>>
>>48487904
Witchers usually don't kill mages though, they usually fuck them.
>>
>>48487934
So they're a bard archetype, is what you're saying.
>>
>>48487102
>DepressedAnon's
Who was he again?
>>
>>48487503
Dragonblood Chymist:
>They're based out of Kaer Maga, their Mutagen is STR focused and gives natural attacks, they must apply the explosive breath discovery to all their bombs, and gain Draconic resistances and immunities
>>
>>48487102
>Unchained Swashbuckler
You have piqued my considerable interest.
>>
>>48488259
see >>48476173
>>
What are the limits to prestidigitation?
>>
>>48488341
Imagination
>>
>>48488341
Can't imitate any other cantrip.
>>
>>48487864
>he didn't take Raging Vitality

You had already dug your own grave if you lost a character to Sudden Barbarian Death Syndrome.
>>
>>48488354
But like, could you make bread taste like chicken for example?

>>48488365
So you cant grab something like mage hand?
>>
>>48488381
...Given that flavouring things is one of the explicitly defined uses, yes, anon, you can use it to do what it says.
>>
>>48488381
>But like, could you make bread taste like chicken for example?
Yup, that's totally in the confines. Though you're thinking too small. Make everything taste like chicken. ESPECIALLY CHICKEN
As for the magehand thing, you do get some telekinesis, but at a much lower weight cap
>>
>>48488429
Wait wait wait. So you're telling me you can wash soiled garments with the spell too? Just because it explicitly calls it out as a potential effect?
>>
>>48488463
Yes, you can. It explicitly does so.
You never need soap again.
Because fukken wizards mang
>>
>>48488322
Thanks.
>>
>>48488485
Whoosh.
>>
File: YESYESYES.gif (2MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
YESYESYES.gif
2MB, 444x250px
>>48487503
Copypasting from that same thread because I'm an impatient fuck:

>What does the dragonhier scion get and what does it loose?
>They trade some skills, have to pick a Bloodline, and give up Bonus Feat 1, 3, 5, Bravery, all Armor Training, Armor Mastery, and Weapon Mastery.
>They get an upgradeable Arcane Strike, Natural Armor and Energy Resistance, Dazzling Display, bonuses to Intimidate, wings they can use for as long as they like, and a capstone of immunities and Blindsense.

Whew, lads.
>mfw they keep weapon training
>mfw these guys sound cool as fuck
>mfw it'll probably be shit, but it still sounds cool anyway
>>
>>48488443
It just says that you can lift it, not move it besides it says youre not allowed to copy other spells

>>48488429
Wouldnt it just be like seasoning things? Everything the spell makes is shitty so why should it make complex flavors?
>>
>>48488341
Prestidigitation cannot duplicate any spell effect, cannot break concentration, and cannot do damage.

They're pretty clear cut.
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/prestidigitation
>>
more detiaeld info from paizo thread; Dragonheir Scion Fighter archetype, trade out some skills, have to pick a Bloodline, and give up Bonus Feat 1, 3, 5, Bravery, all Armor Training, Armor Mastery, and Weapon Mastery. Gain an upgradeable Arcane Strike, Natural Armor and Energy Resistance, Dazzling Display, bonuses to Intimidate, wings they can use for as long as they like, and a capstone of immunities and Blindsense.
>>
>>48488501
fuck, you beat me too it, and with better formating
>>
>>48488543
My boner for dragonblooded character options cannot be contained, anon. Only 100% unadulterated disappointment could stop me, and this book looks like it'll only be 90% disappointment.
>>
>>48488528
>loss of skills
>fighter
That right there makes it almost worth it.
>>
>>48488201
Unchained Fighter and The Scholar Initiator class.
>>
>>48488501
Also, the Witch archetype communes with a horde of loot instead of a familiar. No word on what else it changes yet.
>>
>>48488849

Well, for one thing, the party will stop making crude jokes about the witch communing with small animals and start making crude jokes about what kind of "loot" she likes to commune with.
>>
Hey guys. I joined Espagnoll's campaign, what am I in for?
>>
>>48488849
Interesting idea.

My ancient elven witch may have just gotten an upgrade.
>>
>>48488892
Shit railroading, apparently.
>>
>>48488892
Half fey shotas with mommy issues, minmaxed touhous, and friendly gnoll submissives.
>>
>>48488892
(Initializing log entry...)
Adventure Log #270716:
It's been three hours... I don't know how much longer we can go on. Morale is draining at a dangerous rate, our reserves have run dry.

Someone, anyone, if you're reading this...

Send us a quality GM. Quickly... before h-
(Log entry terminated.)
>>
>>48488528
>Fighter
>Losing even more class skills
I fail to compute the reason behind this
>>
>>48489307
I think it's more like "You lose Knowledge (dungeoneering) as a Class Skill, and gain "Knowledge (arcana)" rather than "You don't get class skills."
>>
>>48489307
With 2 skill points per level and Int as a dump stat, skills really don't matter to fighters.
>>
>>48489429
Given that it'll probably be something for something like knowledge arcana like >>48489382 says it's not that bad. Arcana's more useful than dungeoneering anyway most of the time.
>>
File: fast healing 1.png (457KB, 973x2938px) Image search: [Google]
fast healing 1.png
457KB, 973x2938px
Ok I'm sorry, I dont really like doing this but I really need people to share some empathic pain with.
>Trying to explain how infernal healing 1 works to your GM
>>
File: e45.png (521KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
e45.png
521KB, 720x528px
>>48489731
That hurt me on a base level, anon. It really did.
>>
File: 1467756333699.jpg (84KB, 480x368px)
1467756333699.jpg
84KB, 480x368px
>>48489731
>>
File: ScreamingExternally.gif (5MB, 422x719px) Image search: [Google]
ScreamingExternally.gif
5MB, 422x719px
>>48489731
Oh my god how can one person be THIS RETARDED
>>
>>48489731
Fucking Christ
>>
>>48489731
>dumbass gm refers to the cmm for regen
But that's 2e.
>>
File: 1468200667606.jpg (24KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
1468200667606.jpg
24KB, 277x296px
>>48489731
>>
>>48489731
Honestly he's a moron but you were failing to address his problem too.
It's a stupid problem but you were talking past it and just trying to force the same reasoning every time even though it didn't work the last time.
>>
>>48489731
Fuck, dude, link him to the 3.5 version or something.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm
>At the beginning of each of the creature’s turns, it heals a certain number of hit points (defined in its description).

Or link him to Regeneration, page 303 of Bestiary 1
>Creatures with regeneration heal damage at a fixed rate, as with fast healing
>>
>>48489731
You should have asked him what he thought the difference between fast healing 2 and 5 was
>>
File: fast_healing_cant_cure_autism.png (360KB, 736x323px) Image search: [Google]
fast_healing_cant_cure_autism.png
360KB, 736x323px
>>48489731
>>
>>48489975
>Not addressing the autism on its own terms

>>48489731
Here's what you should have said.
Pull up bestiary entries with as many different types of fast healing as you can, then say
'There is no general rule about fast healing that's more explicit than what I've linked, so rather than an assumption it's a safe conclusion given the absence of any other indication. After all, it explicitly says "usually 1 or more hit points per round, as given in the creature’s entry" and no creature entry gives more detail on the fast healing than the relevant number. By process of elimination, that number must be the amount of hp it regains. The phrase 'Fast Healing 1' isn't short for 'Fast Healing type 1', but rather 'Fast Healing of 1'
Otherwise since Fast Healing obviously is some sort of functional mechanic, I'd be fine if you defined a different amount of hp for me to gain each round for Fast Healing 1.'
>>
>>48490127
Thats what I did, I showed the imp and the hydra and I think the bloody skeleton.

Anyway there's no point in pursuing the conversation because I'm pretty close to getting a stroke.
>>
>>48485103
Where can I find the rules for creating custom weapons again?
>>
>>48490176
You're missing his point.
He thinks Fast Healing 1 means 'Fast Healing type 1'.
Nothing you said tried to address this fact.

He just thinks you're assuming 'type 1= 1' without any basis, and from his point of view, that's all you're asserting without backing it up.
>>
>>48490238
In the fucking weapons section.
>>
>>48487534
Source?
>>
>>48490251
Not OP, but you mean like Beast Shape I, II, etc.?

So OP's GM thinks it's Fast Healing I, Fasting Healing II, etc.?

Lmao, yeah, I can definitely see that train of thought from how the GM was talking with OP.
>>
>>48490252
Oh wow thanks anon that is exactly what I was looking for I can't believe I didn't look there already yep I sure do see those rules.
>>
>>48490382
There's literally a section called "Creating New Weapons" and a link in the "Other" column at the top that skips straight towards it.
>>
>>48490338
Yes, basically that.

Completely wrong but OP failed to understand where he was coming from and so they were just pointlessly talking at each other.
>>
>>48490426
>
>>
>>48490426
It doesnt specifically say creating custom weapons
>>
>>48490426
Is it a sword or a mace? It is very vague and wishy washy.
>>
What is the most "unfinished" nation in Golarion? The country that was given tons of depth and plot hooks and potential for development, but scarcely after publishing it Paizo decided to fuck off and focus on something else?

It's Taldor, isn't it.
>>
>>48490670
Vudra.

I want to play an AP where I can romance me some qt harem girls
>>
>>48490670
Absalom.

Oh wait, you wanted a place with lots of depth to start with.
>>
File: Deepti.jpg (84KB, 825x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Deepti.jpg
84KB, 825x1000px
>>48490716
Holy shit
>>
File: 1379801729360.jpg (202KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1379801729360.jpg
202KB, 800x800px
>>48490723

Absalom is one of the great tragedies of the setting, it was basically the Hub Country that was turned into a Literally What: The Backwater.
>>
File: PZO1132-Rivani.jpg (156KB, 578x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1132-Rivani.jpg
156KB, 578x1000px
>>48490803
Remember this hot piece of ass?
>>
>>48490880

She's canonically a Mary Sue adventuring on flimsy pretenses.

She also enjoys a good fuck, so I guess that's a plus.
>>
File: 1469374096467.png (13KB, 168x220px) Image search: [Google]
1469374096467.png
13KB, 168x220px
>>48490880
>>
>>48490900
Wasnt she just a brown palette swap of Seoni?
>>
>>48490880

Symmetra?
>>
>>48490930

From what I remember she's basically THE BEST and THE SMARTEST who left the Academy because she wanted to experience MORE MORE MORE.

She's also able to fuck her partners without getting into trouble, unlike Seoni.
>>
File: 1447456081323.gif (165KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
1447456081323.gif
165KB, 500x454px
>>48490942

>Symmetra
>Indian Tech Support
>>
File: 8888.png (370KB, 560x614px)
8888.png
370KB, 560x614px
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/energy-channel

Can someone explain how this is balanced? Why can my 5th level cleric do 6d6 acid damage per round for almost the entirety of an encounter and with zero penalties, when everyone else in the party can't even get close to that DPR?
>>
>>48488501
>Couple things.

>First, the arcane strike ability of the scion is somewhat borked, as it doesn't scale as the ability doesn't provide a caster level replacement. So for 2 feats (Eldritch Strikes and Draconic Strike both replace feats) you basically get 1+1d4 damage per attack at the cost of a swift action, which is not so good.

>Second, draconic malice is a crazy good spell. 3rd level, wide access(basically everyone but paladins/druids/rangers/hunters), no save aoe removal of fear/mind-affecting immunity of living creatures with regards to basically all your relevant fear effects. Sure its only 10 ft range, but its also a minutes/level aura. So its great for intimimancers and a nice support for enchanters. I sure as heck wish I had had it for the Bloodrager I just finished playing that went for a hurtful build.
>>
>>48491945
Because you're not doing twice your channel energy in dice, you're doing twice the /number of dice/.
You're not doing 6d6.
You're doing 6.

You're welcome.

And if the martials in your party can't match 6d6 per round at level 5 then they're not even trying
>>
>>48491980
You're doing 12, anon. 6*2=12.

Which isn't bad for a swift action ever other round or so.
>>
>>48491980
Holy shit

That changes everything

Thank you

>>48492012
He only has 3d6 channel energy atm
>>
>>48491980
>>48491945
Isn't 6d6's average only like 21 or something? A greatsword by a no-name generic fighter schmuck by that level can do 2d6+16 (18 Strength, +1 Sword, Weapon Specialization, Power Attack, Weapon Training 1). That increases more with a higher strength at creation (say, 17+2 racial+1 leveling), or with other ways of improving damage (like Mutagen instead of Armor Training).
>>
>>48491945
Also, it's a very bad idea to go into pathfinder with the assumption that you can expect most things in it to be balanced.

The number 1 PF tip is that Paizo has little idea of what they're doing.
>>
>>48492224
I mean, yeah, I don't expect total balance

But when the cleric is doing the vast majority of the party's damage and choosing not to heal people with Channel Energy because of how much fucking damage this feat gave him, I knew there was probably a problem.

Sheesh, this is the 3rd time this game I've read something wrong and cause it to be completely broken. Being a new GM is hard.
>>
>>48491945
Keep in mind it only lasts for 3 weapon attacks (hit or miss) or until the end of combat. At higher levels, you're making at least 3 attacks per round (more if someone can cast Haste on you), so you won't even get a full round worth of attacks from the ability.

It's definitely not a bad ability, but it's not terribly gamebreaking either.
>>
>>48490670
Either Taldor or Molthune.

We're getting Iron Fang, but it sounds like it will have very little to do with Mokthune itself.
>>
>>48492253
To be fair, most clerics would choose to not heal people with Channel Energy, because not only is healing kind of pointless in the middle of combat unless someone's already bleeding out, but it's one of the least effective uses of Channel Energy to begin with. Not that there ARE many good uses for it...
>>
>>48492061
That would be 6d6 PLUS the Cleric's Strength and normal weapon damage.
>>
Thoughts on the following please.

>Starting at 1st level, and every level thereafter, a fighter gains a fighter talent drawn from the investigator, slayer, rogue, ninja, and vigilante classes. Except where otherwise noted, each fighter talent can only be selected once.

>Each talent from the investigator, slayer, rogue, ninja, and vigilante classes can also be taken as a feat.

*The fighter retains heir bonus feats.
>>
>>48490949
Something about psychic trans penis or something, because that way she's not a man which keeps her the best and the smartest because otherwise she'd be a man which is the opposite.

Or some other dumbass magical realm shit.
>>
>>48492253
Everyone makes mistakes, and really this is just as much on the cleric player for not noticing when it was a feat he picked himself.

If they did notice and just decided to see if they could get away with it, that's even worse.
>>
>>48492385
"Her partners, thanks to her unique abilities, could be taught the pleasures of both sexes", I think is the wording. So who knows, she just made a psychic dildo/pegging-implement?
>>
>>48492495

Man, they really went all-out in making Rivani their precious little poster child.
>>
>>48492341
Congratulations, you just made fighter, meant to be the default vanilla combat class, one of the most complicated and decision heavy classes to build possible.
>>
>>48492341
Vigilante Talents are nothing special unless you're either Stalker or Avenger.

Also Vigilante talents are strictly one per two levels and you can't even take a feat for more, so if you do let fighter count as avenger then they basically become 'Avenger Vigilante except better in every way'.
>>
>>48487079
>preparing the right spells is a problem
What is "Scribe Scroll"?
>>
>>48492987
A feat that should have never existed.

Wands, Scrolls, and Staves in their current incarnations where a mistake.
>>
>>48493117
>Remove spell trigger items
>Suddenly UMD is worth shit and the tier gap widens because a party without casters now has no access to magic whatsoever
>>
>>48493117
I'd say staves aren't quite as bad as the others, just because of how inefficient they are for how prohibitively expensive they can be.
>>
>>48489731
this cant be real
>>
>>48489731
The DM is fucking stupid because he is taking the flavour text as part of the actual mechanic so thats why he is so fucking confused and gets it wrong.
>>
Would it be reasonable to let Ballistae count as Crossbows for the purpose of fighter weapon groups?
>>
>>48493117
'Cuz fuck non-casters, right? Why should they have any chance at all of dealing with threats that have mandatory magical solutions?
>>
Does a Dragoon Fighter's Spinning Lance ability impart TWF penalties on attacks with the butt end of a lance, as swinging both ends of a double weapon would?

www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo---fighter-archetypes/dragoon

>At 7th level, a dragoon may alternate attacks with the piercing head of his lance with reach, or with the butt end (treat as a club) against adjacent targets. Unlike a double weapon, the masterwork quality and magical special abilities apply to both ends of the lance, except for those weapon special abilities that apply only to edged weapons.
>>
Well, we have about a week until the actual books will be released since there aren't any anons who are sharing.
>>
DM puts a ducking dragonn at the end of a dungeon crawl that we need a God damn Nat 20 to hit.
>>
>>48492495
Or, you know, she can just psychically share her emotions.
>>
>>48494476
Actually that's a good point, is there any mention of her being bi, les, or straight? Because if she's bi or straight then it does make sense, but if she's les then it's psychic dildo.
>>
File: veilweavers.gif (485KB, 272x251px)
veilweavers.gif
485KB, 272x251px
>DSP posts Akashit Mysteries teaser on Facebook

Akashit Mysteries PDF when?
>>
So could you have an axiomite-descended individual or LN planetouched? I love the idea of the axiomite, but there isn't really a PC race that could be related.
>>
>>48494723
I wanna know this only to shut you the fuck up.
>>
>>48494723
what possess you to post this over and over?
>>
>>48494779
The (You)s, of course. Just stop feeding it, and it will go away.
>>
>>48494723
When they have monster art, sounds like.
>>
>>48494251
Just have the wizard kill it.
>>
>>48492724
Lesbihonest, the vanilla fighter is pretty poorly built, at least this way they're getting more utility both in combat and out of combat.

>>48492759
The vigilante and other classes will also be getting access to talents from the same massive pool.
>>
>>48494724
Forward-port the Mechanatrix from the 3.5 Fiend Folio, maybe?
>>
>>48492724
How's it more complicated? It's getting the same feature as a bunch of other classes have.
>>
>>48495200
It's getting the same features as all of those classes at once. Having to choose from that many different lists is a terrible idea, not to mention how it invalidates the classes whose lists it would take from.
>>
File: AZ Samus finds this cute.png (23KB, 591x158px) Image search: [Google]
AZ Samus finds this cute.png
23KB, 591x158px
>>48495252
The funny thing is that the Avenger Vigilante invalidates the fighter's niche of "lots of bonus feats", because the vigilante can get MORE BONUS FEATS THAN THE FIGHTER.
>>
>>48494810
>the (You)s

Dude, there was a solid five thread streak of nobody responding to that, I think anon is genuinely autismo-determined to acquire the info.
>>
>>48492341
Just used DepressedAnon's unchained fighter. Does someone have the link.
>>
>>48495252
The guy is indicating the talents are forming a pool from which other classes can also take.

It's only a problem if you hate for the fighter to have utility and options.
>>
>>48495252
Say that to the archetypes, the arcanist and the fighter-invalidating vigilante.
>>
>>48493987
I would if I could, I have it ordered and I haven't been sent the pdf or the book in the mail.
>>
How is this guy always played in your Rise of the Runelords campaign?
Because the players want to make him a standard party NPC and the book gives jack diddly about his greater personality as a whole.
>>
>>48493659
No, it just means that you can attack with either the lance or the haft. You don't take TWF penalties or get TWF bonus attacks.
>>
>>48496396
I just sorta played him as a "just doing my job" merc who got hired on by the wrong people at the wrong time. He's just a dude with a big family who needs money, with no idea how big the plots are that he just sort of walked into.
>>
I wanna build an Aurora Soul Mystic unarmed fighter who is also a tree a la the 3pp Briarborn race visible on the srd. There are feats that let them grow extra arms, so my dream is 4 armed tree guy wreathed in light punching stuff.

Is that gonna be too feat intensive to work or is it possible?
>>
>>48496466
Go for Brawler instead.
>>
>>48495252
See >>48495071
>>
>>48496396
He's got a relative in Korvosa (who's met in Book 1 at level 3, just like Orik), and both are worried about each other. I'd say to go with >>48496432 and make him an average mercenary-dude from the Linnorm Kingdoms who just doesn't know the mess he's stumbled into.
>>
What's the best class for being a grappler that uses throat slicer as their primary means of dispatching enemies? Aberrant Aegis with loads of tentacles and size increasing customization looks pretty good but for throat slicer it seems like I would need some way to make multiple grapple attempts to accelerate the pinning process, is there any way to accomplish this?
>>
>>48496602
>Linnorm Kingdoms
He's from Riddleport tho.
>>
>>48496479
I like the mystic more than brawler because the magic side ties in with the characters backstory better. It seems like the archetype is designed for unarmed fighting, would it not be possible?
>>
>>48496615
Really, with that kind of name and look and combat style? Huh, shows me I guess.
>>
>>48495071
>>48496584
The invalidation part is a separate problem, the thing I'm worried about is the absolute clusterfuck of a chore a player would have going over five lists of talents every level to narrow it down to the one thing they want to choose.

And you didn't address the two actual problems here >>48492759 either:
1) The vigilante talents a fighter could take are shit because as written they can't take stalker or avenger specific ones
2) If you fix that the cheap way, then the fighter and other classes may be able to draw from the same list, but the fighter can get them at three times the rate any other class does.
That's invalidation, especially for classes like the vigilante which have almost zero good class features apart from their talents.
>>
>>48495252
I challenge this assertion.
>>
>>48496822
well done anon that looks like a very challenging challenge
>>
All right buds.

For PLOT reasons, my level 11 Cleric has to take down an equivalently-leveled Fighter. The Fighter is a Mutagen Warrior with wings, so Fly and spitting on him until he falls over isn't an option. He's got an item that (from what both of us understand) casts Dispel Magic once per round with between a 30 and 50 foot range. He also has a very expensive sword that would kill me pretty handily if he got to hit me with it. There is also likely to be a very large crowd of hostile NPCs surrounding him.

The goal is to either incapacitate him or disarm him of the sword. Non-lethal is preferable. The sword cannot be destroyed (it's legendary). I've got around 35,000gp to make this happen, and I wouldn't mind spending all of it. I may have a limited amount of prep-time.

The closest thing I've come up with is using Planar Ally to get some celestial backup, but I'm a Cleric of Abadar and the only thing that it would really make sense for the GM to send me from that list is a Couatl. They have at-will Invisibility and Plane Shift, so maybe I can beg a couple of them to sneak up on him with me and we all just spam Plane Shift to send him somewhere? But where?

Being a full-caster with a ton of money I feel like I should be able to handle this, but that damn every-round Dispel Magic is ruining a lot of my plans. Any ideas, /pfg/?
>>
>>48496838
I mean make a sample char, it probs won't be fucking difficult.
>>
I'm curious about something. What would it take to make a tier 1/2 class without any magic/psionics?
>>
>>48496964

Five billion actions per turn.
>>
>>48496710
How would you address the fact the fighter as is is a piece of hot shit?
>>
>>48496964
Go look at the Tome Fighter.
>>
>>48496989
Is that actually a bad idea? Casters already get access to time stop and they can unmake reality with their standard actions, how much could a martial do with extra actions?
>>
How do I advocate penetrating weapons and walls?
It clearly says it continues on as long as it can penetrate the hardness and DR.

Now this isn't a problem per-se, but I'm wondering how to handle this in regards to total cover and, um... Digging.

Are things still "behind total cover, can't be attacked" if you happen to shoot through the right square of cover (and I do mean *through*)? Are they flatfooted against this, because who the fuck expects the wall-goggles to do nothing?

And how about getting through big walls? The hardness and HP of objects is per-inch right, so are you applying whatever the damage roll is to each individual inch of wall? Or just once, so that it takes numerous decent-sized railgun or machinegun rolls to finally collapse a section? How does line of sight change as you poke holes through? Are the peepholes big enough to slip a scorching-ray or fireball across?
>>
>>48496964
Depends on whether you're the sort of poster who goes "but that's MAGIC, fighters shouldn't get it" any time someone proposes handing out extramundane ability to non-wizards/non-psions.
If you are, it can't be done.

For examples, should the fighter be able to jump 200 feet as a move action, extend his reach to 60ft as a swift action, and make a DR-ignoring-misschance-ignoring-whirlwind-attack-touch-attack against everyone in that new reach as a standard action? Should the rogue be able to sneak so hard that everyone in the building has to make a Will save or retroactively forget his presence even if they saw him earlier? Should the expert be able to make a Perception check "ah, the wizard is there and it's that one" that counters Mirror Image and Blur? Should the barbarian get war cries that can force all three kinds of saves on all enemies within hearing? Should the monk slow fall progression be stricken from the book as the record of a diseased mind on the grounds that a 1st-level wizard spell beats the 20th-level monk's Slow Fall Any Distance, and be replaced with a progression that STARTS with feather fall and escalates through air walk to perfect flight and malleable personal gravity?
>>
>>48497352

Those are all sick as fuck.
>>
>>48497394
In a good way or a bad way?
>>
>>48496964
A sufficiently advanced technologist.
>>
>>48496029
>>48496822
Look, the Fighter is bad for the game, like the Wizard, Cleric and Druid are bad for the game because people assume they have to do fucking everything.

But directly addressing the task at hand, Fighters getting five times the class options just means they're sifting through five times the shit. For non optimizers, you might as well shit in their mouths and for optimizers, most of those lists translate into "get more Fighter feats, possibly without qualifying for some of them.

What this says to me is "I have no idea why or how the Fighter is bad, or how to fix it, so I'm going to give them stuff from classes people say aren't bad." You could make an effective Fighter by giving them free choices off the AAT/AWT list (the skill adders, Weapon Soul, the save boosters, the Mastery Feats sans prereqs, the gear tanking abilities) instead of throwing a bunch of abilities in a pile and walking away.

>>48497145
Please God no, the Tome Fighter only works worth a damn with Tome Feats and then it's game slowing bullshit on par with a Master Summoner. Even Frank Trollman said that shit was a mistake.

If you use Tome, use the Monk, the Soldier, the Soulborn or the Barbarian.
>>
>>48496964
Uncap skills.

If you roll well enough on your acrobatics, you can jump a mile. If you roll enough on stealth, you're practically invisible in broad daylight. If you get high enough on sense motive, you literally read their mind.

Let no one tell you it is OP or unrealistic.
>>
>>48487123
Greater Invisibility + Fly before stacking conditions to debuff the shit out of the monks saves
>>
>>48497694
>Uncap skills
But... skills aren't capped?
>If you roll well enough on your acrobatics, you can jump a mile.
That's already the case! You can jump a mile by rolling a 5280 on your acrobatics check.

Do you mean something like "give +5000 to skill checks"? Or multiply by 100, or whatever. Then yeah, that would rapidly head for top tier.
>>
>>48487534
I missed this what's been happening?
>>
File: yeah.jpg (58KB, 650x651px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.jpg
58KB, 650x651px
Help. How do I make lower CR creatures a challenge? Is there a way around high AC and saves to threaten PCs a little at the CR 1 to 1/2 range of creatures? I'm trying to balance encounters and I dunno how to lower some of the players resources with a easier encounter without making the encounter too easy. I'm new to the science.
>>
>>48497687
Huh, so the anti-Trollman fag was right on the money after all.
>>
>>48497742
>That's already the case! You can jump a mile by rolling a 5280 on your acrobatics check.
>No jump can allow you to exceed your maximum movement for the round.
>>
>>48497781
So the jump goes multiple rounds.
>Jumping a mile in 6 seconds
Even if you could run a mile in 6 seconds jumping one is ridiculous.
>>
>>48497769
What level are they?

The best way to do it is to have a lot of them in tactically advantageous positions using every dirty trick they've got. Look up Tucker's Kobolds.
>>
>>48497781
That stops you making lightspeed jumps, not long jumps.
>>
>>48497754
Paizo devs like to rant at people on the forums about how casting spells with an alignment descriptor should always be an act of that alignment. Apparently they want a setting where everyone agrees you're an asshole if you use Infernal Healing to save some kid's life, and you can pick your alignment by summoning a certain number of celestial and/or fiendish dogs or some shit.
>>
>>48497832
...That's fucking retarded, and more to the point wouldn't they then have to create the huge backlog of good aligned spells which produce similar effects to evil spells (such as granting fast healing) because good aligned wizards would have made them up at some point?
>>
>>48497849
Celestial Healing exists. It is a joke spell created to mock you. It doesn't match Infernal Healing until your caster level is 20.
>>
>>48497781
>No jump can allow you to exceed your maximum movement for the round.
If you interpret the rule that way, then you wind up with a situation where Slow works as a poor man's Featherfall: cast Slow on yourself, fail the save, jump off a cliff, now you fall at 15 feet per round because that's your maximum movement.

Let's not interpret the rule that way.
>>
>>48497896
Falling isn't jumping, falling happens at 150ft/round
>>
>>48497924
500/round
>>
>>48497924
So when you have a running speed of 80 feet and jump 200 feet (which means you jump 50 feet vertically), how fucking fast are you falling during your 18 second jump?
>>
There's no path of war games.

I am thinking of starting a path of war game with a stone/bronze age theme

recommendations?
>>
File: Unlimited Ammo AK.jpg (88KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited Ammo AK.jpg
88KB, 800x494px
>Setting up a game for my brother (13 wants to get into /tg/ stuff) to do by himself
>He sees the guns section
>Asks if he can have something that isn't a musket/blunderbuss/flintlock pistol
>End up making it a WW2 game where he makes custom guns and uses them for merc stuff.
Most enemies will take 6 damage before going down and most guns are around the 2d4+2 or 1d8+2 range so most shots are about 1 hit kills, He buffed his initiative to high hell and runs around with an SKS killing everyone with AoO and shit.Its pretty great (especially because he has 12 HP and a horse to save him, and nothing else so if he goofs he's dead)There's no magic except the rare enchanter and cleric and overall I think its pretty balanced and he had fun.What does /PFG/ think?
>>
>>48496710
To combat the paralyzation caused by the indecision, you could always look up guides as they already lay out which talents are up there and extremely worth taking.

The invalidation you suggest is happening is mitigated because the classes from which the talents are taken from also have their talent options fucking blown out. The vigilante can take the other talents.

Watching a movie, more later
>>
File: True Evil.jpg (30KB, 500x281px)
True Evil.jpg
30KB, 500x281px
>>48497818
level 3
I'm not looking to dick them in the ass, the encounter is going to have ~3 stages. Weaker foes to eat some resources by spreading the player thin. Medium strength to put pressure on them and then a large creature that acts on 2 initiatives. I just need a way to make the weaker guys matter. Might do some weaker damage with high attack and bleed so that the small damage stacks up over time.
>>
File: oots0176[1].gif (108KB, 658x923px) Image search: [Google]
oots0176[1].gif
108KB, 658x923px
>>48497781
This issue was already known and solved in 3.5.
>>
>>48497687
Ah, you're someone who hates fun and feel the fighter shouldn't have nice things because it impinges too much on their corpulent wizard overlords. Got it

At least he's doing something constructive and putting out some ideas, you chucklefuck
>>
>>48486003
Why not just remove all other classes than Fighter? That solves everything.
>>
>>48498141
Not that guy, but I get where he's coming from.

Simply shoveling a bunch of options onto the fighter isn't going to make them any less of the hyperoptimized one trick ponies they need to be now.

What you need is something that allows you to a broader range of things.

If I were to do a rewrite of the fighter class (and fuck if I'm doing that) I'd give them a bunch of archetypes that are much broader in scale -

Combat Expert master: gets all the feats for improved disarm, bull rush, trip and grappling as class features along with the bonus stuff they can do, gets faster movement in light/no armour and bonuses to CMB in heavier armour.

Weapons Master - get quick draw and quick sheathe, get the supernatural ability to transfer the enhancement and applicable enchantments from any one weapon to any other weapon for the duration of a fight, get weapon focus (all).

Tactician - get that inquisitor class feature allowing you to grab any teamwork feat after a bit of thought, and also broadcast to everyone on your side in range. Have some siege weapon training too, because why not.

THERE, much less choice needed, more broad range of options available for a fighter to do in a fight.

Still shit out of combat though. Unless the fighter can get free feats and skill points for social shit only AS WELL as the above, perhaps?
>>
File: 1445573129811.png (564KB, 500x738px)
1445573129811.png
564KB, 500x738px
>>48498054
Hey man, if all involved are having fun, then absolutely nothing is wrong.

And sod anyone who says otherwise.
>>
So, if I awaken say, a dog, and then it takes levels in alchemist and buys the Extra Arms discovery, where do the arms grow from?
Are they capable of wielding a weapon like a humanoid hand, or are they just growing useless paws?
>>
>>48498302
It gives them arms, not legs. So they have hands.

As to where they grow from, I don't think it has a mechanical impact, but the Vestigial Arms Discovery's text says 'the torso'
>>
>>48498302
They grow ears they can use as arms.
>>
File: aXm5668xjU.jpg (105KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm5668xjU.jpg
105KB, 650x650px
Would back to back encounters be considered a single one for balancing or is each encounter more a means of evaluating what the PCs deal with in a single moment?
>>
>>48498280
But the point of giving them access to the talents was to give them a lot of options which they didn't have before.
>>
>>48498914
I think you missed the point: most of those options are either suck or neutral, they're not improvements. If the fighter is a shit sandwich, giving you the choice of a hundred toppings on the shit sandwich doesn't stop it being a shit sandwich.
>>
>>48498962
They are undefinably improvements over what the fighter has at present you goddamn turd sandwich
>>
>>48499107
Much like how turd sandwich with anaesthetic is a dirigible improvement over plain turd sandwich?
>>
>>48499148
Make a char then
>>
>>48498962
The guides tell otherwise
>>
>>48496086
I've heard some other people complaining about that on the forums too, so just stick with it I guess. It should be sent in a day or two.
>>
Question - are there any other classes or archetypes with access to Witch Hex ability, aside from Witch, Shaman and Hexcrafter?
>>
File: 1420344908559.png (195KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
1420344908559.png
195KB, 350x291px
I have a question about crossbows and size: can a Medium creature use a Large Heavy Crossbow? I'm not sure because, even though you can't wield a weapon that exceed the two-handed category, the heavy crossbow description says that you can shot with it using one hand (with a -4 penalty). Can the medium character shot with a -6 penalty using two hands(-4 one hand, -2 size)?
Moreover, I'm assuming you can't do the same with a double crossbow, since it doesn't say anything about using 1 hand, right?
>>
>Perhaps details at like one feat that you think might be better than the rest?

>The only one that I can see is one where if an enemy causes you to bleed, you can squirt blood in their eyes and blind them for 1d4 rounds and if you have an ability to cause bleed damage, you can do it to yourself to cause an enemy to be blinded.
>>
>>48498049

Busty tribeswomen and priestesses in wispy robes as far as the eye can see.
>>
>>48499148
So you're talking about yourself and the other nutsack yeah?
>>
>>48496665

He's from Riddleport but he's probably Ulfen, hence the name and look.
>>
>>48499257
Hexcrafter Magus may take hexes in place of Arcanas
>>
File: Free Ride.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Free Ride.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
What would a setting designed for Path of War be like? Pic possibly related?
>>
>>48499257
Divine Scourge Cleric gets some Hexes
>>
File: 10 Int.png (175KB, 303x311px) Image search: [Google]
10 Int.png
175KB, 303x311px
>>48499340
>Aside from
>>
Im about to start a rise of the runelords campaign. Any tips? Its my first PF campaign. Still getting the hang of the mechanics. Which kind of character should i aim to be to not be useless? Last time i played i was a rogue with terrible rolls and just was permanently being helped to avoid dying. Not very enjoyable.
>>
>>48499353

I've already designed it.

I'm on the shitter so I can't give detail, but essentially learning disciplines is reserved for the upper crust or military branches of society, which is why deserters and mercenary marauders are 10x more dangerous than the average bandit.

It also means nobles are a bit more dangerous, especially since those nobles tend to become Knights. Hell, knights are nightmares in this setting, fighting one and his minor retinue is considered a boss-battle for a level 5 party.

That is how PoW should be done, maneuvers are taught by a specific type of person for a specific branch of society, and if you know maneuvers you are probably from that branch.
>>
>>48499353
The only Wizards/Sorcerers/Arcanists that still exist are extremely high level and live in personal demiplanes, as all other arcane casters aren't powerful enough to survive PoWorld. Divine casters still exist, but only because literal deities sponsor them which makes killing all of them inadvisable.
>>
>>48499393
That sounds kind of like it wouldn't jive completely. You get a lot of different classes and archetypes that gain access to the same disciplines. Furthermore, they get several disciplines each, so we have to find some reason our character has backgrounds from all these different places?
>>
>>48499393
I still believe that PoW would be much better balanced and more interesting if all initiators could only learn maneuvers from a single discipline. From a design point you no longer have to worry about accidentally creating two maneuvers from different disciplines that do the same thing or that accidentally break the entire game when used together, and you can instead make extremely thematically appropriate moves that synergize within their own niche.

Like for example a stance that grants X bonus dice on attacks, but all the strikes trade out bonus dice for extra effects or higher DCs, so you have either higher damage or cooler attacks. Any normal PoW game they'll just take the stance and ignore everything else about the discipline to get more damage, but in that case they can't do that and it can be balanced around it.
>>
File: 1456717135162.jpg (76KB, 491x565px) Image search: [Google]
1456717135162.jpg
76KB, 491x565px
>>48489731
Anon, I had GMs like this too, believe me.

Just quit the fucking game. Quit it and never look back. Go play with someone else. Or don't play at all. Anything would be better than trying to reason with people THIS fucking dumb. It's a lost cause.
>>
>>48496710
>>48497687
Then revert to giving them a talent every 2nd levels starting from 2nd level as is the norm. Bam
>>
>>48499447

The issue there is that disciplines don't have enough maneuvers to allow that and some of them have a very narrow focus.
>>
>>48499463
You didn't fix anything, anon. At odd levels they can just take the "Extra Rogue/Ninja/Vigilante/Whatever talent" feat because they have the appropriate class feature. It stays a huge clusterfuck.
>>
>>48499373
Thanks
>>
>>48499474
They don't have to use the feat or can expend the feats to gain new talents.

How would you do it you piece of shit
>>
>>48499464
They do, actually. A Stalker has the highest number of maneuvers known at 21 and 7 stances. A given discipline has 5 stances and 29 other maneuvers, so either make two maneuvers into stances or add some more to the discipline and you're set.
>>
>>48499498
I wouldn't. Giving a free access to multiple pseudo-feat lists is just a clusterfuck no matter how you implement it.
>>
>>48499498
>They don't have to use the feat or can expend the feats to gain new talents.
>Each talent from the investigator, slayer, rogue, ninja, and vigilante classes can also be taken as a feat.
>The fighter retains heir bonus feats.
It's almost like it's the exact same thing.

And I wouldn't because it's fucking stupid and makes things way too complex for no reason. Make your own pool of fighter talents instead. Hell there's already a book for that, "The Genius Guide to the Talented Fighter", just rip shit off of that.
>>
>>48499511
A better idea would probably be to scrap discrete disciplines, make all maneuvers universal, trim OUT the chaff rather than add MORE,, and just let people fluff things if they want to be from the school of whatever-fu.
>>
>>48499422

Well yeah, the idea is that a character with a very martial class will tend to have a martial background, and most disciplines have enough overlap in who would probably learn it that a knight using Golden Lion to rally the troops and Primal Fury to really carve up his foes feels right.
>>
>>48499548
But what about non-military fighting backgrounds? Warrior Monasteries? Militants of a priestly order? Assassins/spies/thieves? Highwaymen? To say nothing of supernatural disciplines like Riven Hourglass.
>>
>>48498962
>>48498914
The problem isn't that the fighter doesn't have a whole load of options.

The problem is that each of the load of options are super-specialised. You get stuff like "you get +1 to hit with one particular weapon" or "you can push people over without getting stabbed for free".

Giving the fighter all these talents just means they get even MORE niche stuff like "sleep with a furry to get rerolls on specific skills that you're probably going to suck at".

That doesn't make the fighter less of a shit sandwich, it just makes them even MORE hyperspecialized and useless when that speciality is inapplicable.

What you need is to grant them class features that are worth multiple narrow feats and talents, so they can have a choice in game to do things IN ANY PARTICULAR BATTLE, not just in the build menu.
>>
File: 1461134611197.jpg (1004KB, 1328x1055px) Image search: [Google]
1461134611197.jpg
1004KB, 1328x1055px
What makes an initiator a good waifu?
>>
>>48499511

However most of those maneuvers don't scale for junk. A level 1 +damage maneuver isn't going to be useful at higher levels.
>>
File: 1417478806760.jpg (328KB, 800x1417px)
1417478806760.jpg
328KB, 800x1417px
>>48499644
Scarlet Throne
>>
>>48499520
So you have nothing to share but negativity and being a shitstain.

>>48499533
>And I wouldn't because it's fucking stupid and makes things way too complex for no reason. Make your own pool of fighter talents instead. Hell there's already a book for that, "The Genius Guide to the Talented Fighter", just rip shit off of that.

It's almost like it's the exact same thing

>>48499636
Have you guys even looked at the talents? Or are you basing these ideas off the feats they get.

>What you need is to grant them class features that are worth multiple narrow feats and talents, so they can have a choice in game to do things IN ANY PARTICULAR BATTLE, not just in the build menu.

This is also being done by the guy but in the other direction.

Hell, you could call it a day and conflate multiple talents into one.
>>
File: 36.jpg (207KB, 869x1268px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
207KB, 869x1268px
>>48499644
Thighs
>>
>>48499644
Be a rubato and focus in Perform (Sexual).

Use it in place of skills like spellcraft, autohypnosis, bluff, heal, sleight of hand, or Knowledge (Religion).
>>
>>48499645
So make them scale. Done. It's not like in martial arts a basic punch suddenly stops being useful just because you can do a flashkick.
>>
>>48499918
It's almost as if it's a terrible idea.
>>
>>48499918
It's not the same thing because it's a specifically curated list for Fighters instead of being abilities from multiple different pools, many of which don't even work with the class.
>>
>>48499962
It's almost like you disdain the idea of fun and want to impose your corpulent mass onto others.

>>48499966
Then make a specifically curated list for the fighter, you lazy fuck
>>
>>48499918
>>48499962
>>48499966
>>48500016
But have any of you actually looked at the talents or are you just pulling shit out of your asses and giving diarrhoea another name
>>
>>48499447
It would make things much less interesting from a play perspective.
How initiators fight is so ingrained with the maneuvers they use that once you restrict them like that, suddenly you only have as many different playstyles as there are disciplines.
When initiating is essentially a complete retooling of martial combat, you really don't want it to be that restricted.

And besides, a martial discipline isn't a sacred set of secret techniques carved in stone. It's a school of thought and principle with a set of recurrent themes that you integrate into the way you fight.
They're like styles of cooking.
Instead of everyone being just 'I only cook french cuisine', 'I only make sushi', 'I only do barbecues', etc, everyone is doing something personalised and unique using their varied teachings, like 'I mainly focus on rice and borrow from chinese food but sometimes I add hollandaise sauce to the fish or use indian saffron'.
>>
>>48500016
>If you don't make anything better, you're not allowed to call my idea bad

Are you seriously sinking to this?
>>
>>48500043
Not my idea, but are you actually contributing?
>>
>>48500016
>It's almost like you disdain the idea of fun and want to impose your corpulent mass onto others.

If I did, I'd be encouraging you.
>>
>>48500016
>>48499966
If you reworded the talents which can be applied to the fighter to make specifically fighter talents, what then?
>>
>>48500066
Go outside and lose some goddamn weight, you fat autistic fuck
>>
>>48500084
Then it would probably be usable as long as it's not a fuckhuge pool of talents.
>>
>>48500084
That would probably work. The important thing is not to make people dig through multiple talent lists with talents that don't even work without a specific class feature and others that partially or wholly duplicate talents that exist in another list.
>>
>>48500100
It is essentially the same thing though
>>
>>48500117
The same thing, but without being a huge clusterfuck.
>>
>>48500056
Yes I'm trying to promote a more nuanced awareness of the problems with the design of the fighter class so people don't try to slap fucking stupid fixes on it that just make the issue worse.

Like, people say they can make a solid fighter with this houserule without much effort. I 100% believe them, but that's them. If you were dedicated enough and knew what you were doing, you could even make a functioning 1pp kineticist.
Those are big ifs.
Don't just think about how the fighter works in play when built properly. Think of the people who don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of five different classes and say "I want to be good at combat so I'll pick the class called fighter" and then get a ten page sheet of options slapped in their face. Think of whether they'll make something good, and how much they'll enjoy the process.
And tell me whether or not that's their fault, or a design flaw.
>>
>>48500032
See I dunno, most characters seem to already do that. Big chargy ZS Warders always take the same disciplines, defensive Warders always take the same disciplines, stealthy stalkers always take the same disciplines, steelfist commando warlords always take the same disciplines, you could probably condense a lot of disciplines into four or five and have the same amount of gameplay variance. You CAN build for variance, but it doesn't mean people will, and in the mean time it leaves new disciplines with the job of accounting for all that old baggage and trying to not step on any toes because dipping into new disciplines is so easy. It's bloated.
>>
>>48500138
This isn't your blog
>>
>>48500100
>>48500111
>>48500117
>>48500135
Apologies for that overbearing guy, but this could be something that could be made into a Googledoc and have the fighter have access to.

This same upgrade could then be subsequently disseminated to the other classes.
>>
>>48500195
Fuck off, you hater of fun
>>
>>48500084
>>48500100
>>48500111
>>48500117
>>48500135
Is it because people are autistic dithering retards
>>
File: 1446001799617.jpg (32KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
1446001799617.jpg
32KB, 396x353px
Hey guys, Paizo just got mentioned in another thread as "not having a liberal agenda."

Is this true? Why might people assume Paizo has a liberal agenda?
>>
File: 1468636066265.png (384KB, 805x989px) Image search: [Google]
1468636066265.png
384KB, 805x989px
Land of the Linnorm Kings OFFICIAL adventure path when?
>>
>>48500542

Never ever.

Though that artwork is pretty cool, where's it from?
>>
>Nerf Scarred Witch Doctor for Orcs
>Ends up buffing the class for Half-Orcs
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>48500542

Crystal Frasier wanted to do one but Paizo wouldn't let her.

Which is good, LotLK is problematic.
>>
File: [loud sweating].gif (128KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
[loud sweating].gif
128KB, 400x225px
>>48500593
To be fair, we might have at least gotten plenty of lesbo amazonian waifus
>>
>>48500586
Because orcs are bad, half orcs are good.

Duh.
>>
File: 1401283526298.jpg (88KB, 450x254px) Image search: [Google]
1401283526298.jpg
88KB, 450x254px
>>48500687
>lesbo amazonian waifus

>Lesbo
>Waifu

One of these things is not like the other unless you're playing a female character.
>>
File: mitume.jpg (135KB, 560x770px) Image search: [Google]
mitume.jpg
135KB, 560x770px
>>48500687
Being a delicate lesbian witch, I can get behind that.

Preferably with a flogger.
>>
>>48500687

We would've gotten half-orc refugees and White Estrid being smug.

Maybe a Huldra.
>>
File: smug animu.jpg (398KB, 551x600px) Image search: [Google]
smug animu.jpg
398KB, 551x600px
>>48500732
>not playing a female character
>>
File: 1459380947271.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459380947271.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>48500813

>He doesn't play the only male character in the party

C'mon step it up senpai.
>>
>>48496915
The CL of the dispel magic effect is kinda relevant.

Also, you're a cleric. Dispel Magic is on your list, so dispel the item that's ruining your plans and get on with your life.
>>
New Thread: >>48500922
>>48500922
>>48500922
>>48500922
>>48500922
>>
>>48500929
>page 4

Little early for that
>>
>>48499261
Technically, but it isn't worth it.

Go use a Great Crossbow from 3.5 Races of Stone, and use Forgeworks/Steelforge to size it up, and grab Powerful Build.
>>
File: 1397507311836.jpg (25KB, 333x347px)
1397507311836.jpg
25KB, 333x347px
>>48500859

I've never had quite a range of experiences with a campaign as I have while playing the only penis in the party.

Some of them end disastrously, while others turn into some freaky love triangle where half the PCs wind up pregnant and my character *still* ends up with an influential female NPC.
>>
>>48501044
Sounds like you varied between School Days and Shuffle levels of harem adventuring.
>>
>>48501073

Pretty much, it also seems to come down to the type of class you're playing too.

All of my harem ends seemed to be with thugs.
>>
File: 1459396523035.gif (46KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1459396523035.gif
46KB, 500x283px
>>48501103
>spoiler

Maybe if you didn't try to waifu every bouncer you came across...
>>
>>48500146
See, the thing to note here is that they aren't taking "The same discipline", they're taking "Some of the same disciplineS".

Note the s on the end, denoting MULTIPLE disciplines.
>>
File: 1432185760218.png (111KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1432185760218.png
111KB, 600x476px
>>48501148

Ohoho, I walked right into that one, you cheeky little rascal.

For real though, it's the strangest thing to be in a text-based campaign and have the adorable princess player ask, very nervously, if I'd be cool with my character "fucking her brains out" after her first taste of real combat left her terrified and desperate for life.
>>
>>48501198
That's pretty great, but damn.

I'm playing a rough-n-gruff warlord, but he's more of a Team Dad type, mostly because he's almost 50 and the rest of the party is more like 19...
>>
all the info I've managed to find about the drake companion, and the archetypes that get it, in the paizo legacy of dragons thread

The Drake companion, with supporting archetypes for Druids, Shamans, Cavaliers, Rangers, and Paladins. It's specifically a Drake (that has unique abilities that you can pick from). They can be any non-good alignment. The Drake companion is along the lines of an Unchained Eidolon. Select a base drake type, and then a few unique abilites, and then the rest follows the HD progression for it. Maxes out at 15 HD like an Eidolon, too. Importantly, Drake Companions do not count as Animal Companions for anything that affects Animal Companions and if your DC dies it SPECIFICALLY says you can't just get another as easily as you would an AC, you HAVE to get your's raised. D12 MOTHERUCKERS! They start at Tiny but get FIVE size increases over the course of leveling to 20.

Cavalier archetype replaces mount, tactician, expert trainer, banner, greater tactician, greater banner, master tactician and alters charge. Not sure what druid archetype replaces, but they do (eventually) get FotD wild shaping.
>>
>>48501539
I'm genuinely more interested in the Paladin archetype, anon.

Any info on that? What's getting replaced, etc.? I'm 99% certain it won't just be Divine Bond.
>>
>>48500163
>Someone actually makes a really good point
>Waaah you're blogposting
Actually go fuck yourself until you can find soimething wrong with his argument
You won't
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.