[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 41

File: lich waifus.jpg (231KB, 650x791px) Image search: [Google]
lich waifus.jpg
231KB, 650x791px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Which horror corruption would you waifu? Lich? Lycanthrope? Promethean? Vampire? DSP Lords of the Night/Wild status: BTFO.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

New trove: https://mega.nz/#F!9tQmBSbL!tbmlmKB_IsgDtzzrlXkVVQ

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>48461846
>>
File: 1468124668990.jpg (31KB, 638x540px) Image search: [Google]
1468124668990.jpg
31KB, 638x540px
>>48474890
>Intelligence class
>not getting Intelligence to Bluff and Diplomacy with traits
>>
>>48474886
I'd tell you if I knew anything about them. Hint hint.
>>
>>48474886
Lords of the Wild/Night doesn't turn you into an NPC and take forever-and-a-half to advance through.
>>
>>48474921
>Wasting traits on boosting skills when I could be getting better initiative, protection against being flat-footed, etc

Skills are nice, but easy to boost. Going first is incredibly valuable to a Strike-oriented debuff class that can easily be killing or disabling a foe turn 1.

>>48475160
You wanna elaborate or just 4chan it up and go THIS IS SHIT without ever explaining? I was being succinct, so it is a bit clipped.
>>
>>48464083
Forrest has never seen JoJo, which makes this all the more hilarious.
>>
>>48475192

What's the deal with the NPC thing, anyhow? I heard that biffing three saving throws will do it, but how often do they come up? Is there a way to rescind a failure? Do the different corruptions use different saves?

Or is this just the Brute Vigilante of the book?
>>
Is an OD/ZS Warder still T3 even with the versatility you get from Inquisition selection?
>>
File: 1457556658585.jpg (405KB, 936x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1457556658585.jpg
405KB, 936x1152px
>>48474886
Obviously some kind of vampire
>>
>>48475277
That can't possibly be true, fate doesn't work that way does it?
>>
>>48475278
From what they said, corruptions sound kind of like mythic tiers for progression (they said about 1/2 levels, which implies 10 stages).

You roll a save each time you stage up. A raw save. No feats. No class features. No ability modifiers. Just your base class save. Fail 3, you're an NPC, no magic can fix you.
>>
>>48470930
>>48475129
So it seems the morale is to not allow advanced talents?
>>
>>48475406
That does lock certain corruptions to certain classes barring extreme luck, doesn't it?
>>
>Another way would be to have most classes take talents from any source as part of their base chassis.

>Taking Slayer, Rogue, Ninja, and Vigilante Talents and allowing any non caster to use their bonus feats to select them while making the talents a 'pool' for those classes that use 'talents' is an interesting idea. I'll have to playtest that.

Bring forth this idea
>>
What did the Melee Tactics Handbook do to raise/lower fighters in the Tier list?
>>
File: eaf.jpg (119KB, 762x563px) Image search: [Google]
eaf.jpg
119KB, 762x563px
>>48475406

Dare I ask if the DCs scale?
>>
>>48475450
I'm interested in it, too, but I don't know how it'd work.
>>
>>48475434
Advanced Talents are sectioned off into being advanced talents specifically because they have potential to break things moreso than other magic. The book gives DMs carte blanche to disallow them on a case by case basis.

>>48475457
MTT didn't so much, Weapon Master's did though.
>>
>>48475445
Sounds like it. What, were you expecting good design from paizo?

>>48475473
No idea, i don't have the book. This is based on leaks I've seen from devs. I don't give paizo money on general principle.
>>
>>48475484
Stop this fraudulent meme, WMH did very very little.
>>
>>48475512
That does sound reasonable though, depending on what the corruptions actually do. Don't want to accidentally make it easy for a Wizard to take a corruption that covers any weaknesses they might have, or give melee characters one that boosts their CL. It would be nice to have details to make a judgement though.
>>
>>48475546
You see, it's the "becomes an NPC on 3 failed saves" part that pisses me off. because it's using your raw base save, which means that you'll NEVER be able to use a corruption keyed to a weak save, AND natural 1s are always a thing.
>>
File: 1463335514871.png (290KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1463335514871.png
290KB, 444x440px
>TFW Madoka turned shit near the end.
>>
>>48475569
I think there's a spell that can remove a failed save, but at the same time, this is a jank system.
>>
>>48475569
Yeah, I'm really exited for this book but that sounds pretty shit.
Hopefully fleshwarping is as dope as it sounds.
>>
>>48475590
Urobutcher had to do it. To prepare path for Rebellion.
>>
>>48475601
Given that this line was said
>For those of you not paying attention, that's worse than death: You can't just wave a magic spell and bring your character back from that.
I doubt it
>>
>>48475590
>Not shit the entire way through.

U wot.
>>
File: ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>We scared off the leakanons
>probably won't get scans of the new books until next month

I just want to find out about the dragon alchemist archetype. I know it's going to be shit, but it sounds so cool.
>>
>>48475692
Worry not anon, once I get my copy next week I'll post a few pages.
>>
File: _Forbidden_Art__by_Bluefley.jpg (79KB, 435x645px) Image search: [Google]
_Forbidden_Art__by_Bluefley.jpg
79KB, 435x645px
I got bored last night and decided to make a Rogue that can use implements and cast magic. No, it doesn't stack with Eldritch Scoundrel; in fact it's purposefully designed not to stack with it, and instead do something different. Please critique if you can find the time!

http://pastebin.com/GrS9hdmH
>>
>>48475601
>>48475638
>Oh, yes! There is an Anti-Paladin/Cleric+ spell called borrow corruption which temporarily allows the caster to gain the effects of a corrupted creature’s manifestations.

>There is also a Cleric/Inquisitor+ spell called ban corruption that blocks the gifts given by a manifestation.

>And alleviate corruption helps get rid of levels of the corruption at risk to the caster.

Those are from the Paizo thread.
>>
>>48475832
>These cannot be removed by magic
>Except when they can :^)
>>
>>48475883
I imagine it's a "willing target" or something. So you can cast it up until the character gets NPC'd.
>>
>>48475883
I assume they mean "once you've fully corrupted, you can't fix it".
>>
>>48475832
So...
borrowing it (probably going to be [Evil]
blocking the GIFTS (note the drawbacks)
and a specific spell to remove entire levels of the corruption without reducing the number of saves you've failed, at risk to the caster

None of those sound like they'll work
>>
>>48475406
There's also a spell that allows you to remove one of those 3 points towards NPCdom.
>>
>>48475930
>note the drawbacks)
meant to say "not the drawbacks"
>>
>>48475935
What's the spell?
>>
>>48475960
Alleviate Corruption or something along those lines. Seems to be a divine spell. The leaker doesn't want to reveal every detail because that's >muh piracy
>>
>>48475692
I imagine at least two parts of it are
>replace your normal bomb element with one of your choosing
>gain breath weapon bomb at 2nd level as your discovery
Maybe Wings as another required discovery.
>>
>>48475546
Someone revealed what the vampire corruption does.
>>
>>48475985
Do tell
>>
>>48475751
>Next week
>Not next month
Underrated post m8
>>
>>48475450
>>48475476
Similarly, there should be a way for those archetypes that give up weapon and armor training to somehow get advanced weapon and weapon training talents.
This will be probably be through feats.
>>
>>48475811
>GRAVE THIEF
Hate the name. No subtle way to say it. It doesn't invoke the arche's powers at all.

>Class Skills
Taking away half the rogue's class skills is a kick in the nuts. Do not. 6 would be bearable.

>Spellcasting, mental focus
Just like the occultist, which is basically what anyone wanted anyway.

>Treasure Obsession
Eh, fun enough. Does it not replace Improved Evasion?

7/10, I'd give it a go in a one-shot, wouldn't take it into a campaign.
>>
>>48476040
The pdf drops next week dipshit
http://paizo.com/products/btpy9n5a
>>
>>48475979
>Do I at least get to pierce some resistances or immunities?
>FUCK YOU, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE A FULL CASTER
>but... but all my abilities they just... they don't work once I get them. they just don't work
>WHAA WHAA WHAA fucking reroll you fucking scrub
>>
File: 1469461338728.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1469461338728.pdf
1B, 486x500px
where would you rank /tg/s swashbuckler unchained?
>>
Is the viking archetype for fighter any good?
>>
>>48476107
Rogues don't get Improved Evasion, stupidly-enough.
>>
>>48475450
>>48475476
With fighters, it may be as easy as adding "Starting at 1st level, and every level thereafter, a fighter gains a fighter talent drawn from the investigator, slayer, rogue, ninja, and vigilante classes. Except where otherwise noted, each fighter talent can only be selected once."

These talents should also give the option of being able to be taken as feats.

The fighter should retain their bonus feats.
>>
>>48476175
For a specific kind of character, although you're probably better off using just a Barbarian.
>>
>>48475999
>You can be afflicted by being drained six times by a vampire in one month. Each week, you need to drink blood to hold off the corruption from taking over. You increase in stage when you feed on innocent sentient creatures.

>The manifestations:
>Boost charisma skills at the cost of your reflection. Mirrors can repel you, at least briefly.

>Summon rats or a wolf, but take Handle Animal/Ride penalties against other animals.

>Cast charm monster when you succeed on a charisma check at the cost of your shadow.

>Growing fangs that allow you to feed easier, but require you to feed once per day instead of week.

>Grant yourself some fast healing, but sunlight becomes harmful.

>Gain vampiric agility and spider climbing, but you must be invited to enter a private dwelling.

>Slam attack at the cost of negative energy affinity.
>>
>>48476175
I think a better question is, what does it do that a barbarian can't and what does it do better than a barbarian
>>
>>48476221
It's an Advanced Talent. One that doesn't require you to have evasion, so you can trade Evasion out, and at level 10 you just take Improved and suffer no loss for it anymore.
>>
>>48476240
The Charm Monster one sounds pretty good at least.
>>
>>48476240

>Boost charisma skills at the cost of your reflection. Mirrors can repel you, at least briefly.
>Cast charm monster when you succeed on a charisma check at the cost of your shadow.

...well, those seem pretty harmless downsides. Fangs/Agility/Fast Healing/Slam seem pretty pointless.
>>
>>48476318
Better than the Lich one at least, holy fuck is it worthless if you're not a necromancer.
>>
>>48476318
>Slam seem pretty pointless.

I mean, Negative Energy Affinity can be a GOOD thing, especially if your group is evil.
>>
>>48476335
Well that makes sense.

Why would a non necromancer/someone without extensive knowledge of necromancy become a lich?
>>
>>48476335

Oh? How worthless is Lich?

>>48476372

Because other schools of magic don't have immortality options?
>>
>>48476382
>This is what happens to someone who fails to become a lich or is nearby when a failed attempt goes awry. The magic unleashed slowly consumes their soul. If they are destroyed by this, they can only be brought back with a miracle or wish. If they come back this way, they come back as an evil NPC lich.

>It comes with the following manifestations:
>Agonizing Touch-Your touch causes pain but both of your hands wither to nearly skeletal appendages and your emotions fade.

>Bleak Aura-negative energy aura and animals are freaked out.

>Cadaver’s Countenance-You look like death but gain a natural AC and a bonus against mind-affecting effects.

>Deathless-Bonuses against spells and effects that work only on living creatures, but are healed by negative energy and harmed by positive.

>Death’s Caress-Your touch deals cold damage but one of your hands becomes a blackened, skeletal claw.

>Greater Cadaver’s Countenance-You become nearly skeletal but gain cold resistance and DR overcome by bludgeoning.

>Malevolence-Possess others but are vulnerable to effects that remove your soul from your body.

>Master of the Dead-animate dead but your emotions are gone.

>Necromantic Knowledge-Your knowledge of necromancy is impressive, but all other spell-casting is reduced in power.
>>
>>48476382
Just get a permanent magic jar going and dump your body in temporal stasis. Immortality without needing to be immortal.
>>
>>48476420

Do these all happen one after another? Or can you pick the order?
>>
>>48476527
You can pick the order, some have level requirements or require you to have a manifestation beforehand. Think of these like an Oracle Curse mixed with an Oracle Mystery rather than a Mythic tier progression.
>>
>>48475400
having spoken to her personally, Forrest has read part 1 of JoJo but not continued at all.
>>
Repostan from last thread

I'm making three PoW archetypes for the Gunslinger: Demolitions Expert, Silver Beast-Hunter, and Temporal Trigger
Though I am considering mixing Hunter and Trigger together, though I'm still debating it.

Currently working on Demolitions Expert, and been trying to think of any features it needs.

So far I got
>Ex Bombs
>Discoveries
>ability to convert bombs into explosive alchemical cartridges
>recovery mechanic that reloads and throws a small bomb

Any other fun things y'all think a demoman should have?
>>
>>48476225
Cool story bro
>>
File: RIP commoners.png (50KB, 546x201px) Image search: [Google]
RIP commoners.png
50KB, 546x201px
THE FUCK IS THIS, PAIZO?
>>
>>48476565
I think alchemists should work better as Demomen than gunslingers. Especially because their discoveries facilitate it.
>>
>>48475434
I plan allowing them on a case-by-case basis, probably giving them out as "treasure" or story rewards. I plan on having sphere magic be the primary "power" in the world, so having advanced talents, spellcrafting, and other forms of magic beyond just the basic system act as secret techniques and the like seems like it'll fit pretty well. For example, I'm probably going to have spellcrafting limited to one specific group... a powerful noble family mired in tradition, who believes that the secrets of magic should be kept among the elite few, and who jealously guard the one secret that hasn't made it out into the wider world, the ability to craft unique spells by blending spheres and talents. You can learn it from them, but only if you're of noble blood, and only if you join their not-so-secret secret organization and follow all their traditional archaic rules about how magic should be learned, taught, and used, and so on.

Honestly, I'm leaning closer and closer to just building the world around "Sphere classes are the only non-NPC classes that exist". Sphere magic is the main method by which humanity overcame the monstrous threats of the world, and sphere casters are the primary political and military powers now because of it. There's enough variance in what the sphere classes can do that all the bases should be covered, and I've actually really been wanting to do an off-the-wall high magic setting lately, since my usual fare is much more low/grim fantasy stuff.
>>
Anyone have that Flail class that one anon was working on?
>>
>>48476589
we've established Paizo cannot into economics.

I tossed a gold piece at a beggar and he'll die of starvation because a standard meal costs 3gp. Where else is he gonna get the rest of that gold if not from another LG murderhobo?
>>
>>48476589
But an anon a commoner can make GP easy, just take Skill Focus:Profession Farmer.
>>
Been gone from pfg for a month, and I hear talk about a dragons book?
Tell me what I missed, bros.
>>
>>48475484
>Advanced Talents are sectioned off into being advanced talents specifically because they have potential to break things moreso than other magic.
Not really. From what the creators said, it wasn't so much that they had the potential to break things (I mean, some do, but that wasn't the point), but that they were the sort of abilities that you need to think about before putting them into your setting.

Being able to raise the dead doesn't break anything, not really... but for the sake of the type of story you want to tell, you have to stop and think "Do I want people to be able to come back from the dead in this world? If so, how does that work with royalty and other things like that? Does nobody bother assassinating rich people anymore?" It's not that it might break your game, so much as that it will change the nature of the setting, and requires you to think about how the stories in your world will play out based on what high-level casters can and can't do.
>>
>>48476565
A sticky bomb launcher obviously.Also some sort of resistance to explosions.
>>
>>48476658
PROFESSION IS SHIT!
REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48476649
I don't have the link sadly. I think you can find I in archive with the name "Lord of the Lash
>>
>>48476420
Oh okay, it's not 'a lich', it's 'a shitty lich who fucked up, but not hard enough to be irreparably fucked'
>>
>>48476658
>>48476655

Honestly,

I'm more annoyed that I can't buy several thousand chickens with my leftover gold in this game. I guess I'll have to buy housecats instead.
>>
>>48476687
S'fuckin' great for a peasant, bro.
>>
>>48476679
DM fixed it in our high-fantasy setting.

Ironic twist, death is both fleeting or permanent depending on how much someone wants you dead.

If you're a peasant getting stabbed, you can be rezzed provided someone pay the gold for your soul back.

For a nobleman, no such luck. Most assassins carry soul-poison daggers. Kills both your body and your soul, so there's nothing left to revive.
>>
>>48476669
I'll tell you as soon as someone leaks pages from it. Best you're going to get is this bit that was copied from the Paizo forums.
>>48460549
>>
>>48476728
They can take crafting, which makes more money.
>>
>>48476745
You cant craft crops.
>>
>>48476731
>Pseudowyvern improved familiar
pleasebelargepleasebelargepleasebelargepleasebelargepleasebelargepleasebelarge

I don't understand why none of the familiars have a size greater than medium.

Why can't a wizard have a familiar he can ride into battle?
>>
>>48476745
How does crafting make more money?
>>
File: 281e446f266499ab593794bb32a69d79.jpg (312KB, 752x1062px) Image search: [Google]
281e446f266499ab593794bb32a69d79.jpg
312KB, 752x1062px
>>48475309

Entry into tier 2 requires narrative distortion far and above simply breaking the combat system. These would include possessing the likes of Commune, Planar Ally/Binding, Plane Shift, Raise Dead, and/or Teleport by 9th- or 10th-level.

Even the most optimized, encounter-ending (whether through a Ruby Zenith Strike or a Rapid Current) 9th-level warder, warlord, or zealot cannot achieve such feats of noncombat narrative-warping unless they use a Candle of Invocation or something similar.

On that topic, could anyone please go through my sample 9th-level, "no Path of War 1 disciplines at all" zealot in >>48466984 and confirm or deny whether or not it checks out? It is common knowledge that Path of War 1 disciplines can easily lead to overwhelming alpha strikes, but here we have a character using only Path of War: Expanded disciplines trivializing encounters all the same. I had previously heard of the potential of a zealot (destruction) of 8th-level or above, and this build seems to confirm such claims.
>>
>>48476785
Because familiars are traditionally tiny creatures that ran around doing errands.
>>
>>48476811
break tradition, get out of that mold and expand to new ideas, damn it.
>>
Have you ever dramatically changed the nature of a monster/group of monsters in your setting, both in terms of fluff and mechanics?

For example, Dragons/Wyvers/etc no longer intelligent creatures and powerful spellcasters but large savage and dumb animals?

Oni aren't spirits of the material plane but a catch all term for stronk country pumpkins and bandits.
>>
>>48476655
I don't know where you're getting your information, but a poor meal (y'know, what beggars usually eat) is 1 silver, so you just fed that guy for more than a week. When you're broke, you don't eat a "standard meal", you eat what you can afford. And that's a prepared meal, not even just buying a bunch of vegetables and chowing down.

That's like saying you can't eat on $5 because the average meal at a good restaurant is $20. You can still buy some shitty burgers at McDonald's for a few days, even if you don't have access to a stove so you can buy some bags of rice and beans to hold you over for a few weeks.
>>
Sacred Servant shield Paladin is fun! FUN!

And tier 3!
>>
>>48476730
My point wasn't that anything needed "fixing", just that it's something you need to think about when designing your setting. Which your GM clearly did. Advanced talents are the talents that say "If you allow this talent in your game, you will need to answer a few questions about how that affects your world.", that's all.
>>
>>48476685
>A sticky bomb launcher obviously.Also some sort of resistance to explosions.
Sticky bomb launcher can be done with discoveries and explosive rounds

As for explosive resistance, that does seem a good idea. Any idea what level I should apply it? What to replace for it perhaps?

Also, you have given me a good idea. I'm going to replace a deed with one that allows the user to use a bomb to launch himself in the air.
>>
>>48476994
Give him the ability to do different explosions (frag, concussion, incendiary etc.)
>>
>>48476792
It doesn't until you get into "beyond the ability of normal people" levels of skill bonus. If you have someone with a Profession skill of +20 and a Craft skill of +20, and both take 10 on their checks, they both make the same gold in one week of work. Profession "rolls" 30, getting 15 gold. Craft "rolls" 30, times the DC of 30 (20 for a complex item, +10 for accelerated crafting) for a result of 900, crafting an item worth up to 90 gold in one week. It cost them 30 gold to make it, and they can sell it for 45 gold, for a profit of 15 gold.

As your skill rises above +20, the amount of gold you can earn in one week with Craft starts to edge higher than with Profession, assuming you always craft an item with a DC equal to 10 plus your skill bonus.

There might be some other trick I'm missing that pushes Craft higher at a lower bonus, but from a cursory look at the basic systems, Profession is by far the better choice for the average NPC.
>>
>>48477051
He has access to discoveries. Does he really need more specializations?
>>
>>48477075
What about the downtime trick?
>>
>>48476867
Paizo's too chickenshit to do that. Notice how they made a "new" type of magic and it's just reskinned divine
>>
>>48477192
That would probably be that "other trick I'm missing", since - as mentioned - I'm going based on the basic systems that would appear in most games. What's this "downtime trick"?
>>
>>48477286
>Notice how they made a "new" type of magic and it's just reskinned divine

Which one is that?
>>
>>48477337
Psychic
>>
>>48475611
Well, it is called a corruption. It's not shiny superhero power boost. I mean, your character is literally turning into a monster.
>>
>>48477337
Psychic magic, which is a bit more than just "reskinned divine", but I get their point... Paizo isn't innovating with magic, they're just coming up with a slightly different way of using the same magic we've had for decades.
>>
>>48477360

Yeah but the important thing about being tempted by dark power is you need to make it tempting.
>>
>>48477326
Downtime skill to get downtime goods
Use horn of plenty to transfer cheap 'Goods' goods into 'Magical' goods.
Use Magical goods to purchase magical items.

Magical goods reduces the cost of an item by half (As you can make them for time+50gp, but they're worth 100gp). With a crafting feat, you can make a 1000gp item 500gp, which is 5 magical goods, or 250gp if you make the magical goods.

The horn transfers 'Goods' goods 3 to 1 for goods/magic. Thus, instead of costing 50gp/magical good, it costs 30gp. Since you need 5 magical goods, this will cost you 150gp.

Thus, 1000gp item costs you 150gp.
>>
Pretty underwhelmed by corruptions, 3 saves to lose a character with no way to boost them is pretty strange.
>>
>>48477286
They're not too chickenshit. They don't do it because it's stupid as fuck.
>>
>>48477444

Are they will saves?

If they're will saves and you can't augment them at all it kind of makes it a "why even bother" if you're not a mage.
>>
>>48477417
Do you have the book?
>>
>>48477469

No but the listed powers in thread are very unimpressive.
>>
File: foxboy shaman.png (1MB, 1000x1359px) Image search: [Google]
foxboy shaman.png
1MB, 1000x1359px
>>48477444
>>48477462
Remember to take Extra Social Talent (Companion to the Lonely) so you can reroll those Will saves against corruption, everyone!
>>
>>48477462
IDKnow, I knew a few people who were getting it early, if I get the chance I'll ask, but even if they're spread out, they're still basically class locked unless you either want to run the risk of hitting the showers player wise or play a caster who can unmonster you.
>>
>>48477536
>mfw bug people/aspiring liches/pseudo vampires/half-golems rape the shit of mindbroken vigilante captives to improve the chances of completing their transformations

The ERP writes itself.
>>
>>48476173

Tier 5
>>
>>48477575
>bug people

Wait, what?
>>
File: 265fff7df0660dc8fe6b1c694a0197c4.jpg (650KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
265fff7df0660dc8fe6b1c694a0197c4.jpg
650KB, 1200x960px
>>48477575

Companion to the Lonely requires a willing partner. The Will saving throw rerolls are also for the character who possesses Companion to the Lonely, not the partner.

If Dreamscarred Press material is allowed, a saving throw-replacing counter (e.g. Shattered Mirror 2's Obsidian Sidestep) could very well be a risk-free method of automatically passing such a saving throw.
>>
>>48477438
So this isn't based on using the Craft skill, it's based on using the Craft skill plus having the ability to craft magic items plus having a magic item that costs 6k. This tactic is squarely in the "Only PC's and powerful/important NPC's have reliable access to this." territory, so my point still stands: Profession is by far the better choice than Craft for the average NPC. "Average" being the operative word here.
>>
>>48477536

>Corrupted Vigilante
>Fights against the darkness within via the power of headpats
>>
File: ndq9.jpg (101KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
ndq9.jpg
101KB, 960x540px
>>48477675
>Companion to the Lonely requires a willing partner.
That can be arranged
>>
>>48477724
Coerced != willing.
>>
>>48477733
Unconcious beings are always considered willing.
>>
>>48477744
Only for the purposes of spell targeting. Sadly, Companion to the Lonely is not a spell. It's not even spell-like.
>>
>>48477733
Again, easy hurdle. After the 6th or 7th time.
>>
> Hate-monger mesmerists can sow xenophobic hatred while applying touch treatment without the touched creature realizing it.
Whose ready to play literally Hitler?
>>
File: fox boy dancer bg.jpg (639KB, 1122x1100px) Image search: [Google]
fox boy dancer bg.jpg
639KB, 1122x1100px
>>48477720
Remember! ANYONE can have Companion to the Lonely if they take Extra Social Talent.

It's great if you have a high-Cha cohort like a catfolk or a kitsune~
>>
>>48477720
I KNEW I SAVED THIS PIC FOR SOME ODD DIVINE PURPOSE!
>>
File: 140814_axestare.gif (2MB, 500x218px) Image search: [Google]
140814_axestare.gif
2MB, 500x218px
>>48477806
>mfw my party tries to bury their hate and their anger
>mfw such power cannot be contained
>mfw it must be unleashed
>>
>>48477530
I see you're easily convinced of things.
>>
File: Oscar.png (64KB, 557x210px) Image search: [Google]
Oscar.png
64KB, 557x210px
>Casters are overpowered
>Make a Draconic Sorcerer that is Utility with 1 Blast spell per spell level
>Deal 6d6+6 damage with a Fireball
>GM Gimps the fuck out of me anyways

There are much more broken things in this game compared to fucking spellcasters, so why do so many people bitch about them?
>>
>>48477634
Bug people!?
>>
File: 658.png (320KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
658.png
320KB, 600x600px
>>
>>48477634
>>48477915
One of the Corruptions is bugpeople I think? Or something to do with hives?

Merisiel got it.
>>
File: 1453223647344.jpg (16KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
1453223647344.jpg
16KB, 351x329px
Remember kids, the best use of Companion to the Lonely is with the person you love in a consensual act of passion for the dual purposes of procreation and pleasure.
>>
>>48477951
I thought that was more of an Elder Gods/Totally-not-a-Mind-Flayer thing than bugs, though.
>>
>>48478048
Only if you're a deranged LG subhuman
>>
File: PZO1135-Merisiel.jpg (127KB, 627x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1135-Merisiel.jpg
127KB, 627x1000px
>>48478069

I mean, I get more of a buggy vibe myself, but I think there's room for interpretation.
>>
>>48478069
I dunno, I can't remember. I recall she got crab claws. And I noted that she somehow caught crabs harder than literally anyone ever has before.

Also a joke was made about this being her 'purified' for daring to kiss Valeros while under that Matchmaker spell or whatever.
>>
>>48478103
I'd still hit it
>>
>>48478103
Wasn't that Fleshcrafting?
>>
Horror Adventures seems far more suited for DMs than players. I'm not surprised that optimizers are having a hard time finding things they like. The corruptions are firmly in the hands of the DM instead of the player.
>>
File: M5kqhq9.gif (1018KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
M5kqhq9.gif
1018KB, 480x270px
>>48478048

Well, you're not wrong, but I think a case can be made for pats and cuddles.

Unrelated to that, have we gotten gift lists for any other Corruption besides vampires and liches?
>>
File: The Blackest Knight.jpg (176KB, 686x1000px) Image search: [Google]
The Blackest Knight.jpg
176KB, 686x1000px
Why does evil make everything look sexier?
>>
>>48478240

Which corruption is that? Vampire?
>>
>>48478240
Probably the predilection for leather.
>>
File: 1464745270251.png (218KB, 698x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464745270251.png
218KB, 698x800px
>>48478240
It's not evil. It's horns.
Horns make everything sexier.
>>
>>48478259
I just found it while looking on the paizo blogs to confirm if'
>>48478103
This was buggy bullshit or Totally not Mindflayer bullshit.

>>48478282
Now that I think about it, how does Dark Seelah put on that helmet?
>>
>>48478240

...how the balls does that helmet fit on her head?
>>
File: dorohedoro_v10_157.jpg (173KB, 756x1100px) Image search: [Google]
dorohedoro_v10_157.jpg
173KB, 756x1100px
>>48478316
>>48478315
I mean, duh.
>>
Is there a source that explicitly says that moving diagonally is 7.5 feet?
>>
>>48478428
It isn't. It alternates between 5 and 10 feet.
>>
>>48478428
Moving diagonally is 5.0 ft. except for every other diagonal, which is 10.0 ft. Nothing says 7.5 ft. and to think of it that way may bring up mechanical issues and the like.

Why do you need the wording?
>>
>>48478428
>Diagonals
>When measuring distance, the first diagonal counts as 1 square, the second counts as 2 squares, the third counts as 1, the fourth as 2, and so on.
>You can't move diagonally past a corner (even by taking a 5-foot step). You can move diagonally past a creature, even an opponent.
>You can also move diagonally past other impassable obstacles, such as pits.
>>
>>48478467
I've been having this fight with someone for the last...nine month or so. He thinks that moving diagonally is five feet as normal, and moving diagonally for five, then straight for five, then diagonally again for another five.

I've been telling him that it doesn't work like that. Every other diagonal is ten. That means five diagonally, five straight, then ten diagonally.

I'm getting fed up with this, and I want to know where exactly it says that.
>>
File: PZO1135-KyraVampirism.jpg (117KB, 645x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PZO1135-KyraVampirism.jpg
117KB, 645x1000px
>>48478103
I wonder to they still have sex.

Freaky. Lesbian. Infested Elf on Vampire sex.
>>
>>48477453
3aboos, ladies and germs.
>>
>>48477818
It was because you are a deviant.
>>
>>48478648
>edition wars
Just fucking leave.
>>
>>48478556
In that scenario, someone is definitely doing the raping.
>>
Holy fucking hell I was excited for this book... Until some people started talking about the corruptions system.

So, basically, I get screwed, have to play russian roulette with my character every time they advance in this 'monster path,' and even if I avoid the big three failures, I only get shitty gifts that start to EMULATE the monster I'm trying to become, rather than make the true shift over?

Am I legitimately missing something? I wanted this. I -wanted- to love it, but goddamn, this is the kind of shit I expect after you smoke shower mold. Then again, it would explain some of the writing.
>>
>>48478685
But they were already a couple before being turned into abominations

And they're no stranger to kinky shit, reminder that the cleric sold the rogue into slavery as a form of "play" in the comics.

Now one has tentacles and mandibles and the other can turn into shit like dogs and rats.

Gods. Will. Weep.
>>
Got some new info here about Legacy of Dragons

>Scaled Fist (Monk Archetype) goes off of CHA instead of WIS. Start gaining dragon immunities and can imbue their attacks with an element and gain a breath attack. Has rules for if you're playing a core monk or unchained version.

>Linnorm Style you reduce your AC and get bonuses and AoOs vs those that attack you, and even more vs those that drop you.
>Though the extra AoO (on top of the AoOs they provoker for attacking you) and a chance for them to be stunned is still nice.

>Tatzlwyrm Style lets your UAS deal slashing damage, helps breaks others out of grapples, makes you harder to grapple, and can grapple without using your hands.

>Wyvern Style lets you Flurry with certain close range weapons and whips, makes your allies not provoke through movement against whoever you're Flurrying, and can take 5ft steps in the middle of their Flurry.
>Wyvern Wing (the final feat) lets you take 2 5ft steps while flurrying.

>What's also nice about these Style Feats? Combat Expertise is NOT required for any of them.
>>
>>48478719

Well, there might be some cool archetypes or something. Couldn't say until we get some scans in. But yeah, if you were excited for corruptions, it looks like you got the short end of the stick.
>>
>>48478767
Good to know. I'll pick this up for the other material, of course. And try to convince my DM of what an absolute shit-storm the corruptions are, and just let my vigilante get back to drinking blood of their own free will and hope everything works out.
>>
File: Dolphind.jpg (263KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Dolphind.jpg
263KB, 1024x768px
>>48478759
>e, and can grapple without using your hands.
W-w-where is this going?
>>
Tell me about the psychic class, /pfg/. What distinguishes them from other full casters? What niches do they fill? If you've played one, what was your experience with the class?
>>
Also some new stuff from Horror Adventures

Sanity Rules:
>Each character has a Sanity Score (all your mental abilities added together minus any ability damage), a Sanity Threshold (Your highest mental ability score minus ability damage), and a Sanity Edge (equal to one half your Sanity Score.

>When you suffer a sanity attack—an effect that might drive you mad—if the damage is equal to or exceeds your Sanity Threshold you gain a madness (an affliction like a poison, disease, or curse). If the total sanity damage done to your character at the time you get the madness is less than your Sanity Edge, it is a lesser madness; if equal to or greater, it is a greater madness.

>Also, when damage equals your Sanity edge or surpasses it, any dormant madnesses manifest. If your sanity damage equals or exceeds your Sanity Score, you go insane as per the insanity spell.

>Sanity damage can be healed a number of ways, from rest or support from a councillor (like a priest or mentor) to magical healing.

>Madnesses go dormant when all sanity damage is healed. They can only be fully removed by a miracle or wish.

Vigilante Stuff:
>No new Vigilante or Social talents that I can see, however, the All-Seeing Orb's wishes were granted in the form of the "Experimenter" Vigilante archetype. The Experimenter gains the ability to craft a mutagen, along with potion brewing and construct crafting abilities, and can take certain alchemist discoveries in place of talents.

>There are 3 archetypes for the Vigilante, The Experimenter (which was detailed above), The Hangman (who uses a noose as a weapon, specializing in grappling and suffocating his enemies), and the Serial Killer (which gains a number of abilities, like Slayer studied target and a death attack).
>>
>>48478860
Continued

Paladin Stuff:
>The Martyr gives up smite evil in exchange for bardic performance abilities, and has more powerful auras to assist his allies. Activating most of these abilities requires bleeding from stigmata.

>The Soul Sentinel excels at fighting evils such as corruptions and curses. They eventually gain immunity to curses and hexes, and can help corrupted allies ignore the penalties of their corruptions for a short time.

>The Tortured Crusader refuses to recruit others in the fight against evil, not wanting them to witness the same horrors she faced. She uses Wisdom instead of Charisma for most Paladin abilities. She can't help others with lay on hands, but she can sacrifice uses of the ability to gain additional uses of Smite Evil. Eventually she gains an even more powerful smite evil ability that grants double the normal damage bonuses, though costing twice the uses of the abilitiy.

Style Feats:
>Brute Style focuses on getting as many attacks as possible against prone opponents. One of the feats lets you use Vicious Stomp against any creature within reach, rather than just an adjacent one.

>Deadhand Style gives you bonuses against fear, and gives you the ability to make the targets of your unarmed strikes shaken. Eventually you can "feast" on fear, gaining temporary hit points when targeted by fear effects. You can also learn to inflict negative levels on your unfortunate foes!

>Kyton Style focuses on (what else?) the spiked chain! It allows the weapon to be used by monks, and eventually acts as both a shield and a weapon. Masters can use a special move that hurts both themselves and their target more than usual, hindering the target's concentration.

>Maddening Style gives you the ability to inflict sanity damage (a new rules system in Horror Adventures) with your stunning fist attacks. Additional feats let you do even more sanity damage, as well as disintegrate enemies you defeat.
>>
>>48478859
>. What distinguishes them from other full casters?
They can be shut down by intimidate
>What niche do they fill
Full caster
>>
>>48478860
>support from a councillor (like a priest or mentor)
I never realized how much I wanted mechanically relevant psychiatrists in Pathfinder until now, when I realize I don't particularly want that.
>>
File: saren-s-demise-o.gif (5MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
saren-s-demise-o.gif
5MB, 320x180px
>>48478485
>>48478467
>>48478464
>Arguing with him in the middle of a separate game.
>Cite Core Rulebook, page 193.
>"Which one? There's six printings of them."
>Go hide in bathroom for ten minutes slogging through the pdfs when it hits me.
>Did you think I mean the feet stack, not the squares? Like 5-10-15, not 5-10-15?
>"That is exactly what you argued with me the other day, and I told you it was stupid. And you insisted it was true."
>A miscommunication.
>Nine months of fighting and petty bickering.
>Over a miscommunication.

I think I'm going to kill myself.
>>
>>48476765

Craft better fields that craft crops.
>>
>>48478954

That ain't how it work.
>>
>>48478931

To be fair, I've had some success with paladins that want to explore morality in the campaign rather than treating the code as a "the second you do something even the slightest bit gray you're out" having an NPC confessor to help keep them from losing sight of their goals, but still.
>>
I'm running an iron gods game, and I had the idea to upgrade all the bosses with levels in martial classes to the initiator archetypes of those classes.
Is this a good idea? I'm a little worried about them being too powerful.
>>
File: Frontier-Psychiatrist-gif1.gif (257KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
Frontier-Psychiatrist-gif1.gif
257KB, 250x140px
>>48478931
Frontier psychiatrist homebrew class when.
>>
>>48478992
Bad idea.
Just give them a few strikes and counters instead of full initiating.
>>
>>48478998
I'm not going to turn them into full initiators, just the archetypes. For example, hatueth, the juju zombie kasatha in the first habitat dome, will be a third level myrmidon instead of a regular third level fighter
>>
>>48478979
Yeah, a Catholic confession sort of thing would be kind of cool, but I don't want my character to have to sit on one of those weird couches talking about his mother to a psychiatrist in a role-playing game.

I've spent too much time with psychiatrists IRL; I don't want to be forced to see one in the game I play for escapism.
>>
>>48478994
Right after the Voyageur gets popular.
>>
File: Frasier Crane Shock.jpg (127KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Frasier Crane Shock.jpg
127KB, 1200x630px
>>48478931
>mfw
>>
File: Darkest-Dungeon-Campfire.jpg (254KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest-Dungeon-Campfire.jpg
254KB, 1366x768px
>>48479047
Maybe not a psychiatrist, maybe just a friendly chat or bit of encouragement with the rest of the party around a campfire to alleviate the stresses of combat.
>>
File: camp rivals.png (353KB, 461x331px) Image search: [Google]
camp rivals.png
353KB, 461x331px
>>48479062
>mfw people don't spec for canoe-rowing
>>
>>48479087

>Faced with dark terrors that attack the mind, the growing bromance between the party keeps insanity at bay

I can dig it. Power of friendship, motherfuckers!
>>
>>48479087
That would be nice, actually, in terms of encouraging roleplay, but since magic can cure madnesses, I would expect to just use Restoration or a similar spell.
>>
Which would you say is the best martial reach weapon?

I was thinking Naginata, but I feel like a good argument could be made for a lot of them.
>>
>>48479140
My go to has always been the glaive. Nice and simple, d10, x3... a solid weapon, without all the weird-ass prongs and extra bits that tend to drastically impair the badass image I have for my character.
>>
>>48479140

Bardiche would be my pick. Smaller crit modifier but bigger hits normally and crits way more often.
>>
>>48479140
Lucerne hammer. Smashing is fun.
>>
>>48479140
I know the feat investment is ridiculous, but you can't beat the range on a whip, not to mention all the maneuvers you can use with it. You can even give it a better damage die if you're a fighter or a warpriest.
>>
>>48478860
>You resist insanity by having high mental stats.

Charisma I can see working. It's basically the antithesis to lovecraftian madness.

But Intelligence? Wisdom?

Fuckouttahere.
>>
>>48479284

Remember, Paizo's stance is that Intelligence should be able to do anything the other mental stats can, based on their trait design.
>>
>>48479284

Wisdom is your ability to rationalize the madness.
>>
>>48478860

>Verbal Combat
>Madness Rules

So they've had TWO opportunities now to create the previously-lacking inherent bonus for Charisma and both times they've opted for "all your mental stats combined with focus on whichever is your highest" instead, despite these being the two occasions where a strong personality is more important than practicality or book smarts.
>>
>>48479163
This was my thought as a really solid choice. It doesn't have anything wrong with it, but it doesn't seem to have anything to set it apart from other weapons

>>48479165
I do like crit fishing

>>48479190
Can't argue with d12s

>>48479276
I didn't really think about the Whip. Isn't it considered an exotic weapon?

Follow up question: if you have a reach polearm and the Shield Brace feat, do you effectively threaten the entire 10 foot radius around yourself, or do you prevent yourself from threatening one ring if you attack into the other?
>>
>>48479276
Oh yeah, whips are fun.

>>48479333
Yep on whips.
>>
>>48478872
>Vicious Stomp things within reach instead of just adjacent

I hope they fucking give you a means to MAKE those attacks other than adjacent, or you need an external source of reach like being Large.

Cuz I'm pretty sure Vicious Stomp needs to be an unarmed attack.
>>
>>48479342
But no on polearms?
>>
Hey all, N. Jolly here from the vigilante playtest. Looks like the book's been pushed back a bit, so I've had time to make sure there's some new stuff in the book, including a pair of new archetypes with a bit of a horror bent to them.
>>
>>48479381
Polearms aren't exotic.
>>
>>48479383
Stop this and get back on monster hunter.
>>
>>48479398
...dammit, you're right. I really need to hit HR 2.
>>
>>48479394
Oh I thought you meant yes about shield bashing affecting threatened areas
>>
>>48479405
>HR2
Wait, 4U or G?

Because I'm still grinding my way through HR on 4U and god damn I hate it every time when you first move up a tier and have to basically completely regear yourself with nothing but outdated trash.
>>
>>48479420
S'cool, friend.
>>
>>48479383
so what brings on the horror bend? Does it have anything to do with the new pazio book?

Also where are you at in solo? Is glavenus kill yet?
>>
File: 1402629767735.png (563KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
1402629767735.png
563KB, 569x802px
>>48479435
>4U
>>
>>48479024
He's already very strong, don't do this.
>>
>>48479299
>Rationalize lovecraft

That just makes it WORSE.
>>
>>48479435
G, I was Gcrown in 4u, but I've been busy writing and junk.

>>48479441
I had another author showing me some of their horror vigilante stuff, and I figured I should throw some into my junk.

And I'm still HR 1 online/HR 2 caravan since I've been doing all the garbage fetch quest.

And for those of you who remember how I had tags for things, like [ammo], [iaijutsu], [submission], and [technique], there's going to be a new tag in one of these archetypes, [symbiote].
>>
>>48479435
People still play 4U?
Shit man I'll charge my 3DS.
>>
Remind me real quick.

Double Hackbut takes a full round to set up. What about the reload? I haven't looked it up in years, what's the reload, one or two full?
>>
>>48479470
I'm poor as shit so I'm pretty much always a game behind on most series.

I'm waiting for a friend to send me OoT-based hax.

Can't update my system, or I'd totally fire it up. I've been meaning to finally run this damn Zinogre hunt-a-thon.
>>
>>48479493
Two fulls.

It's a twohander, so it takes a fullround to load one barrel, and it has two barrels.
>>
>>48479524
It has two barrels?!
>>
>>48479572
>Double Hackbut
>Double
>Capacity: 2

Yes.
>>
>>48479464
For the Mad Scientist Vigilante, by the way, the level 20 ability's descriptions got swapped.
>>
>>48479609
Does that mean it's 3d8 twice if I'm small?
>>
>>48479659
I'll make sure to update those, I figured NTD supernova made more sense than Nyehilist for what I was referencing.

Also had to change mad scientist's name since Paizo just took it in Horror Adventures.
>>
>>48479675
It's got two barrels, but can't fire them both with the same action like a double-barrelled pistol can.
>>
>>48479383
>some new stuff in the book
We gonna get a playtest for those?
>>
>>48479863
Honestly I'm thinking about running a special 1 week playtest just here. These two concepts I'm working on are far more horror based, and if I'm being honest, a little mechanically wonky, so I think I'll probably port them over to another doc since I was told we're not good to roll on putting out the book until after Gencon.

For those curious, the two new archetypes are Gore Fiend and Symbiotic Slayer.
>>
>>48475406
God dammit. Every time Paizo comes up with a cool idea, they have to go and fuck it up.
>>
>>48478859
It's a sorcerer with a worse spell list.
>>
>>48479140
Bardiche, more crits > bigger crits.
>>
Whats the difference between weapon proficiency and weapon familiarity?
>>
>>48476225
Too fucking powerful
>>
>>48479863
I'll throw this up for a week, this is only the two new archetypes, I might add more to it, but this is only for a week.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Hrk1hl8uXVHazaiPOCvWsFUHX3PB6fQVd13tzguJTgE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
How do i counter a Tiefling darkness?
I'm on a Wrath if the Righteous campaign and every fight theres a fucking Tiefling around throwing his fucking Darkness and fucking up the fight wherever we go.

I'm a newbie wizard so i figured had to cast Daylight to dispel that shit but its a Level 3 spell and im only level 3 so its going to take a while to get those lvl 3 spells and meanwhile we are having huge issues with the darkness and constantly having to back off whenever we are faced with the fucking Darkness.

It says Darkness can be dispelled with a Light spell of equal or higher level so i figured the Light cantrip couldnt work there. So any alternatives? Or do we have to deal with it and fight our way through the huge darkvision demons and hope we dont fall prone or miss every attack.
>>
>>48480285
Weapon Familiarity makes an exotic weapon into a martial one. If you don't have martial proficiency, it doesn't help you.
>>
So after much deliberation I can't for the life of me make an Earthbender how I want in Pathfinder.

Druids get most of the abilities I want in the form of spells, but D8 hit die and 3/4 bab is not really what I want for getting into melee.

Kineticist has a good amount of that bender flavor and some cool abilities, but... it's the Kineticist. Burn and d8 hit die and 3/4 BAB again.

Unchained Monk has the HD and BAB I want, but nowhere near enough spiritual connection to the elements to the level of the previous two classes I mentioned.

I dunno if there is just some combination of these I am missing or what, but I feel like I should be able to get something akin to what I want from this. I'm not a very good builder and I feel like I am bashing my head against a wall.
>>
>>48480769
Ioun Torch, for 75 gp, has a 3rd level spell permanent upon it, so it works vs darkness. The Darkvision spell does let you see in supernatural darkness.
>>
>>48480933
3pp or bust pretty much, spheres of powers can allow you to do some some pretty earth-bendy stuff like throwing rocks at people and making walls of stone.
>>
>>48480933
Rage Prophet with the Stone Mystery?
Also, just getting a small sip in UC monk for the more castery classes can help
>>
>>48480995
Never heard of the Rage Prophet. From a cursory search it's a prestige class. How would a character like this work? (What classes wound make most sense to build into levels and so on?)
>>
>>48481101
Rage requires being a Barbarian/Oracle, though Bloodrager might work instead of Barb.

You basically get to cast spells while raging and get bonuses
>>
Is the Hidden Blade UnRogue as good as it looks? Mithral Current and hidden weapons seems like it'd finally be viable(ish) to be the rogue who stabs people with their endless supply of hidden daggers. Any tips for how to pull that off?
>>
>>48481340
Veiled Moon teleports, lots of custom dagger sheaths, and enough daggers to fill them.

Oh, and Quick Draw. Definitely Quick Draw.
>>
>>48481340
The only problem is how to solve your low, low attack.
>>
Is there any way to make the "Ill beat a motherfucker with another motherfucker" rage power chain feasible in later levels ?
>>
>>48476225
This is fucked up
>>
>>48474886
>Which horror corruption would you waifu?

Can't believe no one said it yet: the one that lets me give her the knot, obviously
>>
>>48481612
God fucking damnit
>>
so let me get this straight

to take on a corruption you need to have good base saves

which ones need a will save? is it all of them? if so, that's a ridiculously blatant example of "fuck martials"
>>
>>48481402
Gambits and strikes to attack flat-footed, I'd think.
>>
>>48481621
Me fucking waifu with my new knot and love bites
>>
>>48481712
On that note, Coward's Gambit.

>Coward’s Gambit
>Risk: The hidden blade attacks a flat-footed opponent or an opponent she is flanking.
>Reward: The hidden blade’s allies gain a bonus on damage rolls against that opponent equal to the hidden blade’s initiation modifier for one round.

Could you use this Gambit as part of a strike that makes an opponent flat-footed, or do they have to be FF first?
>>
>>48481771
The wording of it makes me think they need to be flatfooted.

'treat as flatfooted' or 'target flat footed AC' wouldn't do it, I think.

Also, if the attack MAKES them flatfooted, they wouldn't be flatfooted until after the attack is resolved.
>>
>>48481784
I'd think treat as flatfooted and flatfooted are close enough, but you're right about the order of operations.
>>
>>48476225
How would you reconcile class specific features?
>>
So, what about the Gingerbread Witch?
>>
>>48480743
>Unlike other familiars, a symbiote is its own creature with its own thoughts and needs.

...You mean that normal familiars don't have their own thoughts? Have I been doing this wrong the whole time?
>>
>>48481942
Oh it helps to read the next paragraphs before I post.
I get what it means but that sentence threw me for a loop for a moment.
>>
>>48480743
Looked over the Symbiotic Slayer, it's a neat idea.

Some things that come to mind:
Treating the symbiote as an Ioun Wyrd familiar can have some unintended effects, like later on you get 1/day scrying on it which is useful but might not fit the archetype flavor, and the ooze symbiote can somehow talk to normal Ioun Wyrds.
Does it qualify for familiar archetypes? That opens up some interesting combinations that I haven't fully thought through.

Cloaking Symbiote feels really good. Maybe even the best ability of the class, and it comes online pretty early.

Reactive Symbiote seems very fiddly for very little damage. Also, currently as it's written, an enemy moving around the edge of a character will have to make one reflex save for every square it passes through, and by RAW I think it still auto hits things the vigilante or symbiote could have no idea of, like things in the ethereal plane.
>>
>>48480743
>Unlike other familiars, a symbiote has an ego score equal to the symbiotic slayer’s level.

Isn't that a "you only ever fail on a roll of 1" kind of DC?
>>
>>48476225
Rogues should get two talents every level.
>>
>>48480769
>darkness
>This spell causes an object to radiate darkness out to a 20-foot radius. This darkness causes the illumination level in the area to drop one step, from bright light to normal light, from normal light to dim light, or from dim light to darkness. This spell has no effect in an area that is already dark.
Just carry three lit lanterns.
>>
>>48482123
Lanterns don't stack
>>
>>48482140
Fine, carry one lantern.

It'll raise light by one level.

(if they say it needs to be a magical light buy an everburning torch and be done with it. Glue it onto your sword so you can draw it in a move action.)
>>
>>48480769
Y'know what you REALLY need to worry about? An Ioun Torch with a Heightened Eclipse Continual Flame.
>>
>I'm the DM
>one of the PC's plays right into most of my fetishes
Fuck, how the hell do I handle this without going all Magical Realm over them?
>>
>>48482276
Why contain it?
S'cool.
>>
>>48482289
It's not supposed to be an ERP game.
>>
>>48476225
Go on, keep posting you chucklefuck.
>>
>>48476225
What about advanced talents and shit like that?
Are they still allowed to take them as is or must they expend a feat?

Imagine a fighter with woodland strike, terrain mastery, camouflage and a bunch of others. Fucker would do a better job than a slayer.
>>
>>48482445
Fighter with slayer, vigilante and rogue talents. God fucking damn
>>
>>48482445
>>48482479
Fuck off, no one wants that.
>>
>>48482614
>Hurr hurr I'm a nigger who hates fun
>You can't do fun shit!!11!!1!1
>>
>>48482445
Probably not advanced talents, that's stealing a lot for little cost.
>>
>>48482622
Fuck ya, that'll be too fucking op
>>
>>48482633
Honestly, even if you have them advanced talents from level 1 it wouldn't be breaking the game that badly.

Sure, with Assassinate you can kill someone in four turns, but a Wizard can do it in two at the same level.
>>
>Any info on the Heritage feats would also be welcome. I'm hoping they don't have high Cha requirements like the Draconic Eldritch Heritage feats do.

>There's technically one one Draconic Heritage feat, but it takes up TWO friggin pages because it gives you a special attack depending on what type of dragon you pick. For some of them if you're a certain class you get additional stuff or extra uses. It also does require a 13 CHA so not that bad.

>There's also the Bloodline Manifestion feat for Sorcerer and Bloodragers that gives an ability (they're all pretty cool, not just breath attacks or something) depending on what draconic bloodline you got.

On Scaled Fist
>...kind of wonder if it'll be a slightly less MAD way of getting into the champion of Irori prestige class...do they keep Still Mind?

>They do not.

On the dragon companion
>It's specifically a Drake (that has unique abilities that you can pick from).

>Druid, Shaman, Cavalier, Ranger, and Paladin all have archetypes that can get one.

>Importantly, Drake Companions do not count as Animal Companions for anything that affects Animal Companions and if your DC dies it SPECIFICALLY says you can't just get another as easily as you would an AC, you HAVE to get yours raised.

>They can be any non-good.

Spells for summoning dragons
>There's draconic ally which summons a Psuedodragon buffed up by a form of _ dragon spell and lasts 1 day per level.

>Speaking of, we now have the Form of the Alien Dragon and form of the Exotic Dragon spell lines.
>>
>>48482841
That's more from a "why bother taking the other class at all?" angle. If the Viking Figher got upgraded rage at appropriate levels, there wouldn't be a reason to take the Barbarian class at all since you would have access to pretty much all the Barbarian's best class features plus extra. But it doesn't, it only gets the base rage which means it has some overlap but there's still a reason for the Barb to exist.
>>
>>48482622
What's fun got to do with anything?
>>
>>48482887
Presumably the other classes are also receiving similar access to the talents pool.
>>
>>48482887
We already encounter that with unchained rogue to chained rogue, summoner to hunter, any other class to fighter.

At this point, having a "build your own class" martial like casters have in Occultist is really not so bad.
>>
>>48482887
>>48482900
Not to mention all of the exact same titled archetypes.
>>
>>48482907
>>48482901
>>
Some Fleshwarping info:

>There are 3 different types of Fleshwarping detailed. "True Fleshwarping" is the classic drow procedure. There are rules for creating all of the various fleshwarps throughout the bestiaries.

>"Fleshcrafting" is a procedure of grafting living tissue onto a creature, to grant it new abilities. Fleshcrafting can also be accomplished via elixirs that grant the graft's effects temporarily. Different grafts grant different abilities and penalties, and are crafted similarly to magic items, requiring a specific new crafting feat.

>The third section details Fleshwarping mutations, which can be caused by all manner of things. These are randomly inflicted due to exposure to certain mutagenic agents, and are almost entirely undesirable.

On Corruption save DCs:

>The save you have to make to prevent from gaining a corruption stage isn't that bad. It's 15 + manifestation level (you start at 1).

>So that's a DC of 16 minimum.

Items and curses and shit:
>We got some new curses, new cursed items, cursed areas, and templates for curses (anybody seen It Follows?) as well as suggestions/kinda rules for making new curses and cursed items as well as how to cure them.

>Diseases get templates as well as very nasty new ones that have multiple stages that do a LOT of stuff, none of it good. Bloody End is cool, you sweat blood through your skin, rage, and eventually explode.

>The item section may as well be called the torturer's handbook.

>Magic Item Possesion is rules for when something possess a magic item.
>>
>>48482977
Kineticist talents
>There are two wild talents in the book.

Racial Traits
>And while there aren't any racial feats the alternate racial traits are a nice addition.

Witch hexes
>The only new hexes Witches get are specific to their archetypes.

Bard shit
>Nothing specific for bards.

New Polymorph spells
>There's assume appearance, which lets you take on a dead creature's appearance. There might be more, I'll check.
>>
>>48482977
>The save you have to make to prevent from gaining a corruption stage isn't that bad. It's 15 + manifestation level (you start at 1).
>So that's a DC of 16 minimum
So...you need level 8 in a class with the matching save as your good save to have a 50% chance of making it. Got it.
>>
>>48482887
That's like saying why the arcanist, wizard and sorcerer are separate classes.
>>
>>48482855
>On the dragon companion
>Paladin has an archetype
>Thy can be any non-good
>>
>>48483185
Sorcerer and Wizard are different because of their class abilities, the fact that they share spells is the same as martials sharing feats.

Arcanist can go fuck itself with a rusty saw and fellate a shotgun.
>>
>>48482276

Which fetishes would those be?
>>
>>48483362
Cannibalism. Last time I let a Lamashtan in my campaign.
>>
I've heard Hell's Vengeance somehow punishes players for being evil.
Can someone please elaborate on this?
>>
>>48483503

Not sure. Book 1 is about putting down a rebellion, and evil actions like killing townsfolk raises the rebellion points, and it's pretty obvious these actions are going to inflame the rebellion. The second book is more of a deception thing. The actions of the PCs are still evil, it's just pushing you to be smart about it.
>>
>>48483494
Easy enough.
Just throw a few cute NPCs at them to eat.
Let it be implied if it bothers the other players.
>>
File: 1440950646163.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1440950646163.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>48483494

Feed them, anon.
>>
>>48483503
>>48483552
So it's lawful campaign sprinkled with saturday morning cartoon evil? Will there be burning castles, summoning demons, releasing magical plague upon peasants?
>>
>>48483710
>Will there be burning castles, summoning demons, releasing magical plague upon peasants?

You kill Iomedae's gold dragon lover and use his bones as a weapon of ultimate evil.
>>
>>48483710
>Summoning Demons
>Cheliax
That's heresy, anon.
You do end up butchering a village that was just conveniently filled with good-aligned peasants. Oh, you do burn a fortress-library.
>>
>>48483710

The AP opens with you robbing some guy, probably killing him, and his 2 dogs, and maybe some old people carrying around feces.
>>
File: Tathlum.jpg (1MB, 1200x3200px) Image search: [Google]
Tathlum.jpg
1MB, 1200x3200px
>>48483736
That you do, although it's kind of unremarkable for a major artifact. Really should be minor at best.
>>
Checking the trove and noticed it rather lacking in Modules. Any chance we could get some more in there?
>>
File: 1465536420474.jpg (203KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1465536420474.jpg
203KB, 800x900px
Tell us about the one time your martial got screwed over by a caster, /pfg/.
>>
>>48483915

Our Barbarian is the power bottom in her relationship with our party's sorcerer.
>>
File: 1461284905028.gif (243KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461284905028.gif
243KB, 640x360px
>>48483850
>good OR lawful creatures

Why is this artifact killing off Iomedaeans and Asmodeans in equal measure?

Sasuga Paizo.
>>
>>48482977
On the saving throw for corruptions
>No, you still get ability modifiers and permenant bonuses. And for every Manifestation you turn down you get a stacking +1.

>Do you only need to make a save when you accept a new manifestation? If so, then the system works fine with no risk up to two manifestations. That should be easy to tack on just about anywhere. (Or, if the GM doesn't care about perfect equitability, each player progresses until they've failed two saves.)

>*scratches head*
>I'm not entirely sure, but I believe you make the saving throw after certain triggers, rather than when you gain a new manifestion level.

On casting Evil spells
>Getting back to this (without copy/pasting obviously) the posts that were deleted were concerning sidebars in this book calling torture and casting Evil spells and that, yes, they are in fact evil acts.

>They do go into detail about the nuances of casting an evil spell for a good cause though.

The Hive corruption
>they function and act almost identically to Xenomorph from Alien movies, including the queen, and described as large insects like creatures, with claw and long tails spear like or sharp tails, and long dome shaped heads with no eyes. but the art work is similar to alien movie aliens but not enough to be them directly. they are shown as green. kind of look like some kind of plant/fungus/insect or crab creature I 1st though before reading it. I did not think Alien when I 1st saw it. instead of the long skeletal/Mechanical/phallic work of HR Giger. these thinks look a lot more muscular or girthy. The claws are not shaped like hands they are shaped two fingered scythe like blades. same with the tail. it is covered is small spikes on head, arms and tail Maybe best way to describe it is it looks like if you cross Alien, with spiky crab and praying mantis. It is totally awesome.
>>
>>48484059
Because it was made by pissed off Kellids who were mad BOTH were taking their land.
>>
>>48484121
But this isn't a Kellid weapon. This is an Asmodean version of that.
>>
>>48484162

If you bake a pizza in Italy it's going to taste the same as a pizza using the same ingredients in New York.
>>
Oh no it doesn't...
>>
>>48484226
... No?

>At the start of the ritual, one of the PCs must dip the dragon’s severed head into a pool of infernally tainted quicklime that the queen has prepared.

This is the infernally tainted version of the tathlum.
>>
>>48484367

Infernal does not mean lawful, devils are against order just as much as any other fiend.
>>
>>48484413

What
>>
>>48484460

The damage is against Lawful and Good.

Iomedae is Lawful Good.

Doesn't this mean they should get double damage?
>>
>>48484413
Um, broski. Devils are Lawful Evil. Order at any cost is their whole big shtick.
>>
>>48484493
>Order at any cost is their whole big shtick.

I'm pretty sure that's Hellknights, not Devils.

Devils are the ones that tempt away your soul with sin or promises and Demons are the ones that just want to destroy everything.
>>
>>48484521
Go read the first book of the damned, fuckboi.
>>
>>48484476

Reread it, EVERYONE takes damage, but if you are Lawful OR Good, you need to make a save or die in addition.

So yes, if you are LE, and get hit, you need to make the SoD, same as if you are LG.
>>
>>48484574

No no, you're reading me wrong.

What I'm saying is the thing damages you if you are Lawful or Good, right?

Well, if you are Lawful and Good, you're checking off both boxes? Shouldn't that do double damage?
>>
>>48484595
Most effects that have an augmented effect on who has both the alignments usually specify so
>>
File: 1373655212181.jpg (5KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
1373655212181.jpg
5KB, 250x224px
>>48483850
>Spend an entire book puuting this thing together
>It's just a big bomb with a SoD against weaklings and some uncontrollable summons

A Bomber Alchemist at this level could create something about half as strong as a standard action.
>>
>>48484595
No, usually spells that have alignment-based effects like that will say if they do double against L AND G. In this case it's
>are they lawful and/or good?
>if yes, damage
>if no, no damage
>>
>>48484609
>>48484622

See, you're still not reading me right, I don't get why this isn't getting through.

Are they Lawful? Yes, they get damage.

Are they Good? Yes, they get damage.

Lawful Good gets two yes, and two yes means double damage.
>>
>>48484650
No, I AM reading you right. You're reading the effect wrong. Look at the spell Forbiddance. It has three effects based on alignment: Identical, different along one axis, different along both axes. That one explicitly has a bonus effect if the alignment of the target matches both parameters. The Tathlum does not.
>>
>>48484650
Except that's wrong. It's not:

>Are they Lawful? Yes, they get damage.
>Are they Good? Yes, they get damage.

It is, very specifically:

>Are they Lawful or Good? Yes, they get damage.

It's one check with two possible triggers, NOT two checks each with one trigger. It's worded the way it is for a reason, if they wanted it to deal double damage to someone that's Lawful Good, they would have worded it differently.
>>
>>48484650
It's not about reading you right, it's that you're wrong. Effects that are doubled against specific alignments like that are always explicitly called out.

>Lastly, you gain a +2 bonus on weapon and spell damage rolls against chaotic and evil creatures (or +4 if the creature is both chaotic and evil)

Just as an example from the Champion of Righteousness feat.
>>
>>48484100
Undead Master Wizard
>Must be evil. Takes penalties on Diplomacy and Knowledge checks on living targets to gain bonuses on undead ones.

>Your arcane bond can either be an object (bone) bond or a corpse companion (like the Undead Lord cleric). Replaces Scribe Scroll with Command Undead with some extras if you don't have channel negative energy. Also, you swap your bonus feats for the ability to spontaneously cast some necromantic spells and cast Animate/Create Undead at 1 spell level lower. Lastly, the Wizard gains the Undead Bloodline's One of Us ability as a capstone.

Accursed Corruption
>Catalyst is a hateful curse, a night hag visit, or other magical torment. Whenever you curse another creature or don't take enough spiteful actions in a month, you are forced to severely punish the next creature that wrongs you, even minorly. When you take disproportionate punishment against a creature, you advance in corruption. The corruption can be removed by lifting the original curse, killing or earning forgiveness from the curser, and undoing any harm you caused while accursed.

>Manifestations are as follows:

>Once per day, inflict a major curse that staggers and then paralyzes at the cost of an eye.

>Gain DR/cold iron but become sickened if struck with cold iron.

>Gain bonuses on bluff and disguise and some minor SLAs at the cost of speaking the truth.

>Reroll a failed check but can't gain morale bonuses.

>Damaging a creature in the surprise round inflicts fear, but you look horrifying.

>Improve the DC of curse spells and gain baleful polymorph as a curse but take a penalty on Will saves.

>Once per day, become undying but you feel the urge to coup de grace unconscious people near you.

>Gain claws that make your hands unwieldy.

>Cast a Witch spell once per day but you have to save against buffs and have trouble casting harmless spells.
>>
New Thread
>>48485103
>>48485103
>>48485103
>>48485103
>>
>>48485111
>that OP

Go fuck yourself/10
>>
>>48481784
>>48481812
>>48481771
If the strike targets flat-footed, it would not count (as the target is not actually flat-footed), but if it treats the target as flat-footed for the strike itself, that's more arguable.
>>
>>48485111
>that OP
Nigger do you sleep? Have job? Hobbies aside from posting bullshit ?
>>
>>48482855
>Druid, Shaman, Cavalier, Ranger, and Paladin all have archetypes that can get one.
Why the fuck does the shaman get one but the hunter doesn't?
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.