[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 24

File: Gaogamon-CG-PS2.png (394KB, 919x791px) Image search: [Google]
Gaogamon-CG-PS2.png
394KB, 919x791px
>Previous Thread: use the archive fuccboi

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/7sSgGVPH

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n7htcqyqk0y0acy/%5BWtF%5DThe_Pack.PDF

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a1kpjrm41yzozkq/V20_Ghouls_%26_Revenants.pdf

>Latest News
The Kickstarter for Beckett's Jyhad Diary is live!
http://theonyxpath.com/the-deluxe-becketts-jyhad-diary-kickstarter-is-now-live/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:

http://theonyxpath.com/the-pain-from-an-old-wound-vampire-the-masquerade/
>Question
How many dots does your character have in Animal Ken?
>>
>>48367841

To get the kind of near-archmage results you used to be able to tank the extended casting system to do, cast the spell as a ritual, take extra time to do it, and don't cast it by yourself - enlist Order, Cabal, and Legacy members in a team.
>>
>>48370248
How are your Arcana dots spread currently?
>>
>>48370334
Death 3
Mater 3
Life 3

1e btw
>>
>>48370379
>Mater 3
Why do you have three towtrucks with redneck voices following you?
>>
>>48370379
Matter. Create all the gold. All the meta-materials.
>>
>>48370307
But why did you use a pic of a digimon? Is this an in-joke?
>>
Need some advice /tg/. My bro is running Changeling the lost and so far its pretty good. My ST wants me to nerf myself as I'm "too good" at combat. There's nothing he can throw at me to challenge me that wouldn't stomp the other PC's. Admittedly I have munchkin tendencies so I'm open to criticism. I have all 5 contracts of stone. I'm assuming he wont like it if I take more combat oriented contracts.

But where do I go? My ogre will do anything for glory and thinks that more power = more glory. He's joined the entitlement golden standard blah blah. Can't remember the full name but it lets you spend a glamour and add a physical stat to social rolls. This leads to me potentially outshining our Fairest who didn't specialize in social-fu. So how can I "accumulate power" without overshadowing everyone else? Am I just being "that guy"?
>>
>>48370307
Top kek at this OP image
>>
>>48370307
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/a-bit-o-beckett-a-gram-of-gen-con-monday-meeting-notes/

>>48370664
No, it's just Fagness
He's been making the OPs for the couple months and screwing things up

We really need to re-do the OP, desu. The mega linked in the pastebin is missing anything that isn't pre-Onyx Path, and there's just a handful of links scattered between the pastebin and the OP for not even half of what the mega is missing.
>>
Anyone given their ephemerals armor? Any guidelines for doing so? 2e
>>
>>48370664

That is very clearly a werewolf. Look, it's got gloves and everything.
>>
>>48370307
What the fuck is with the Digimon thread starter? I was looking for an image that clearly said WORLD/CHRONICLES OF DARKNESS
>>
>>48370802
Your character simply needs to be challenged in new ways.
>>
>>48370307
What an odd picture.
>>
>>48371283
>Not using
>catalog
>ctrl + f wod
>>
File: Снимок.png (3KB, 229x107px) Image search: [Google]
Снимок.png
3KB, 229x107px
>>48372102
>using ctrl+f
>>
>>48370220

Why not?
>>
>>48372228

If anything, it's some compensation for how completely and utterly fucked they are in the cosmological sense.
>>
Jesus Christ, what is this faggotry in OP pic

Anyway, V20 question: what if the pc is bloodbound but is affected by another mind-altering disciplines from a different vampire? I'm talking stuff like Dominate or Presence. What would be stronger if 2 conflicting orders are give? Would you just roll to see which one got more successes?
>>
>>48372381
pretty sure generation determines who wins conflicting orders.
>>
>>48372147
But then I have to click into that box before searching, then move the mouse again to enter the thread. If I just keep the catalog open I can f5 - ctrl+f wod and have the thread found faster than I could click on the search box in the first place. Always use keyboard commands over mouse whenever possible.
>>
>>48372433
Not really, since generation will have nothing to do with the power of Presence 5
>>
Also, Obtenebration 5 question: what will be the speed of the shadow?
>>
>>48372691
presence 5 tells you what to do if you have a conflicting order. you try to break their majesty and use the rules in the power.
>>
>>48372804
Wait what, where was that? My hypothetical situation is if Vampire A is ordered by his regnant to kill Vampire B, but Vampire B uses Presence 5 to order him to not do that
>>
>>48372836
uh there are rules in majesty for how to break majesty. that's pretty much the only rules for it.
>>
>>48372877
Wait, are you talking oWoD or nWoD? Because I was talking oWoD Majesty and I couldn't find any rules about what would happen in that scenario
>>
>>48372927
just go read the fucking majesty power. there is no presence 5 in nwod.
>>
>>48372954
I fucking have and guess what, nothing about how this might conflict with a blood bond ordering you to kill the one using Presence
>>
File: 1469031282774.png (330KB, 919x791px) Image search: [Google]
1469031282774.png
330KB, 919x791px
>>48371283
here you go senpai
>>
>>48373251
uh there are rules for breaking majesty under the rules for majesty. its basically the only thing their are mechanical rules for.
>>
>>48373413
Yes, there are rules for making a roll to act against the one using it. But that doesn't answer my question how will this conflict with blood bond. Do you just roll to resist the blood bond as well then, if you fail the Willpower roll to resist Presense?
>>
>>48373442
it doesnt. if something is causing you to act against the majesty user then you make the fucking roll. if you fail then you failed.
>>
>>48373442
why would you roll against the blood bond? you try to break majesty, if you fail you fail much like trying to kill someone.
>>
>>48373413
>>48373251
>>48372954
>>48372927
>>48372877
>>48372836
>>48372804
>>48372691
>>48372433
>>48372381
>>48373442
>>48373467
>>48373481
What the fucking fuck are you people talking about?
>just go read the fucking majesty power. there is no presence 5 in nwod.
He's not talking about nWoD, you fucking idiot, he said Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition.

Here's how it works: Ask your ST whether the Blood Bond trumps Dominate.
>>
>>48373496
>He's not talking about nWoD
no one said he was, you dumb nigger. majesty is the name of the level 5 presence power in owod.
stupid faggot.
>>
>>48373467
But Blood Bond is supposed to be the ultimate control. If your regnant is ordering you to kill a guy who's using Majesty do you just roll your blood bond against the resist Majesty roll and compare successes?

>>48373496
Would be nice, but I'm the ST
>>
>>48373546
the blood bond does not give you supernatural powers. majesty is a supernatural power. when the two come into contact the blood bond might make you try to break the majesty but thats basically it.
>>
>>48373567
Okay, that's what I needed to know. Thanks anon. Though you could argue that blood bond is a supernatural power too
>>
>>48373597
the blood bond itself is a power but it doesnt really give the bonded powers or any resistance to them. it just makes you an idiot.
>>
>>48373597

Think of it this way: Blood Bond is a very passive power, whereas the use of Presence is a more active power, and active trumps passive. If you want to make things a little different, what you could do is have it be so that someone under a full Blood Bond impose a penalty on someone trying to Social Discipline the character into doing something that could hurt or injure who they're bonded to. If the rolls succeeds after the penalty, it happens as normal.
>>
>>48373520
They have names?

>>48373546
>Would be nice, but I'm the ST
Then decide for yourself.

>>48373686
... doesn't it? The whole point of it is that you can't go against what your Regnant says.
>>
>>48373691
Could try that too if need arises, but I think for the situation I was asking about I'll have the pc roll to attack the one using Presense first and if he fails, then Presence does trump the Blood Bond

Out of curiosity, can you imagine the emotional mindfuck the character would be going through? The person you love is ordering you to attack the person you love
>>
>>48373914

Every level of a Discipline in VtM has a name, just like it does in Requiem.

>Then decide for yourself.

Sometimes, it is helpful to ask the community in case there is a rule one has forgotten, or if there's any advice someone can give them. Sometimes, people value the thoughts and opinions of others, even on boards like these.
>>
The max modifier for a dice roll is +5 or -5 right? Is defense considered a modifier?

If not, it it possible to get an attack roll lowered to a chance die and then through equipment mods bring it back up?
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-curse-of-the-blue-nile-and-v20w20-starter-bundles/

Paging Dr. Atamajakki to the internet.
>>
>>48374995
>Sometimes, people value the thoughts and opinions of others, even on boards like these.
Why would you ever?
>>
So my ST and I are considering having my Beast (anakim nemesis) undergo the Retreat. He's currently sharing a body with a demon, the inferno kind, and has decided that having a body just isn't worth putting up with the demon anymore. He'll become a rank 4 Unfettered with the max stats allowable at that rank. Any tips for building it for maximum Juggernaut? He's a size 10 stone giant so the ST is going to give me an armor rating and a 2L natural attack.
>>
If you're a Dark Eras backer, you have just received a free copy of Tales from the Dark Eras, original Chronicles of Darkness historical fiction. Check your e-mail.
>>
>>48375859
Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>48370323
I think anon's original gripe was that the Advanced Scale AoE chart caps out at "small neighborhood".
>>
>>48375330
For examples of what not to do.
>/pol/ says [THING]
>ergo I should probably not believe [THING]
>>
>>48376962
If only more people understood this.
>>
>>48370307
>How many dots does your character have in Animal Ken?
0 unless I want the character to specifically deal with animals. For instance when making vampire with Animalism, I give him like 2, but otherwise I ignore it.
Imho by far least used/usable skill.
>>
>>48375115

It'll wait until payday for me, but still very hype!
>>
>>48370802
Well, you could do the basics. Drop your combat dicepools, reduce defense, et cetera. But as the other anon said, yea. sometimes you get characters that are good at combat in a party that isn't, and invariably that character will need to be challenged in ways that aren't "Throw powerful enemies at it". Your ST should be thinking "How would someone going up against this guy deal with his strengths and weaknesses?". For example, I had a HELL Of a min-maxer in my game, threw dicepools of 14 with rote once per session at anything that threatened him. I put him up against a fractal with a demonic form power that made all non-aimed shots instantly miss. In the end, despite seeing her aiming and hitting he assumed it was ST fiat to punish him and they were forced to flee as none of them wanted to actually verbally deal with her.
>>
>>48378107
>he assumed it was ST fiat to punish him and they were forced to flee as none of them wanted to actually verbally deal with her.
And it really was ST fiat. A+ STing, friend.
>>
Anybody here used the MEGA app for IOS? Can't get the damn thing to work correctly. Don't have my laptop with me so I thought I'd browse through a few pdfs to waste time, but I can't download them correctly.
>>
>>48378107
lol, I skimmed and saw Fractal with a demonic form power and I was going to get up in your face about how they can't have those, only embeds. Then I read further and what you describe is an embed.

Anyhow, another thing to think about is if the player is built for regularly tossing out 14+ combat dicepools, make them talk their way out of something. Make them bake their way out of something. When people are so heavily specialized in a party it makes me think of Leverage. There were one or two episodes where Eliot was challenged in combat, but when they wanted to really screw with him they rigged the situation so that Eliot had to deal with technology, or sing (which he actually did quite well), or pushed him into baking.
>>
>>48378290
So you're saying Anon should never challenge his players in ways that requires them to think?
>>
>>48378771
>or sing (which he actually did quite well)
That's because Christian Kane is an actual country singer.
https://youtu.be/Wlc_PlLd0bE

I really just wanted to link this.
>>
>>48370307
Any character that owns a dog, or a lively pet gets one, when I'm playing.

Seriously, sparing a point isn't the end of the world if you're not power playing.
>>
Thinking about running a Mage game. I normally aim for 1-2 experience points a session. Should I got for the same amount of Arcane experience or should I be stringy?
>>
>>48379751
1e or 2e?
If it's 2e: Let the Beats flow naturally. Be casual with Conditions and Tilts.
>>
>>48379751
A little stingier. 4 exp is a full arcanum. 2e? Online?
>>
>>48379972
>>48379983
2E. Playing with friends. I like to reward roleplaying and creative thinking so I end up being pretty generous with beats.
>>
>>48380099
Arcane experience should be for mysteries specifically. I'd aim for 1-2 regular, 1 arcane.
>>
First session of V20. Put the frehly embraced players( a tremere a toreadore) into an independently ran sect in Indiana. They've met the npcs by way of going around collecting a blood tax the assamite leader.put out on the kindred of the city. The trenere apparently has an occult family so he has a means to collect blood to feed off of. And the toreador is a much maligned journalist with a the "expendable" flaw. Im looking forward to seeing the shenanigans that can be had
>>
>>48380144
Thank you.
>>
>>48380144
>I'd aim for 1-2 regular, 1 arcane.

Exp, not beats, right?
So ~8 regular, ~5 arcane beats per session.
>>
>>48380442
More like 10 and 5. Mage takes forever to progress. Limit their gnosis advancement so they buy merits and skills.
>>
>>48380535
I usually let my players raise their Gnosis up to level 5 without any protests.

Gnosis 6+ advancement in my games is a chapter spanning achievement with major personal development and enlightenment.
>>
>>48380813
Giving them a lot of exp but limiting primary advancement is a good way to encourage branching out, but if they don't need encouragement, cling to your group for life.
>>
So, just finishing up Stranger Things.

Eleven, Deviant or Stigmatic? I mostly got the Stigmatic idea based on the way the woman from 'the power company' really felt like some kind of Hunter Angel. On the other hand, she's got the whole somebody experimented on her to make her into what she is and now she's hunted going on.
>>
>>48381763
She could be either, really. We don't know enough about Deviants, but she seems to fit the bill with what we DO know.

For a Demon game, I'd probably have her be a Demon-Blooded, actually. Represent the monster/demigorgon as a Cryptid, and Dr Brenner and co as Angels. I mean, they *are* part of a secret agency who are doing experiments with the supernatural to try and help with the war effort.
>>
So the Dark Eras fiction book is really, really good. The Mage story that Malcolm did is fucking amazing.
>>
>>48382102
That pretty much fits in with what I was thinking, though she doesn't really do much in the realm of Embed like effects.
>>
File: dNtJnsI.gif (2MB, 500x243px) Image search: [Google]
dNtJnsI.gif
2MB, 500x243px
https://youtu.be/xcf13_OzsPU
https://youtu.be/uYRZV8dV10w
https://youtu.be/er416Ad3R1g
https://youtu.be/oTN6cGmH2yM

I know I always have dumb ideas that I'm unlikely to ever actually use, but listening to a lot of eighties retro pixel art style music videos, I really want to think about that Cyberpunk God-Machine Bioshock game idea I had. The players would be strangers who end up at a lighthouse and in a cloistered city controlled by the God-Machine, with Cyberpunky overtones reminiscent of the late 80s and early 90s. They'd be normal mortals but get the use of Embeds from stimulant patches.

The setting itself would probably be a Blade Runner inspired multicultural city created by an 80s version of Utopia Now. And possibly be in space.
>>
Anon, I've started to play CofD only recently and so far I have one big issue, that do not let put my mind at ease. Is it really OK not use any field? I mean, if you have a massive fight like coterie vs several SWAT siege teams you at least need to use miniatures. Simply to not forget how many of them are still fighting. Yet, I've never heard ST using field any fields.
>>
>>48383716
"Field"? Do you mean a tactical map? No, not really, though you can. Also, generally large protracted battles aren't that great for the system.
>>
>>48383716

Anon, you realize that most games don't use minis?
>>
>>48372765
Cheetah speed
>>
>>48370307
>How many dots does your character have in Animal Ken?

Two, because our Storyteller made us play V20 characters based upon ourselves, so all of our abilities were based upon our "actual abilities" before we were allowed to add freebies.

It was terribly depressing.
>>
Hey I'm going to be running a Demon/Mage/Hunter/Beast Crossover game this Weekend.
So I was wondering if the thread could give me some ideas for some NPC and people if interest.

The games is set in Chicago from Watch_Dogs.
With the God-Machine and Seerers of the Throne working together to spread the CTOS system so they may more easily pacify threat and enemies.

I'm thinking for the Theme to be Oppression and the Mood be Paranoia.
But if anyone has better suggestion for theme or mood I'm all ears.
>>
>>48384741
Why are the Beasts involved? They just want to hunt.

Why would the Hunters work with Demons and Beasts? Mages you can kind of wave off as "human," but Beasts especially they shouldn't be cool with.

Why would Seers purposely do what the God-Machine wants? Makes perfect sense for them to be unwitting puppets, but they want to rewrite reality. The God-Machine is reality.
>>
>>48384836
Well one of my players wanted to play a Beast, mostly because it is different from what he has played so far.

One player didn't feel like playing a supernatural so he decided for a more challenging role and choose to play Aiden Pearce a normal human who will eventually join a Hunter Group.

I suppose he will willing to work with demons and mages to prevent the BBEG from making humanity Docile.

The Seerers are not so much working for but with the God-Machine. They explore this idea in the Demon Storyteller Guide, and I wanted to expand on that. I would say more about that, but some of my player frequent this tread.
>>
>>48384702
>ll of our abilities were based upon our "actual abilities" before we were allowed to add freebies.
I've NEVER seen this work in a game.
>>
Do I have to roll the detachment roll if I join a Covenant in character creation?
>>
>>48370307
oWoD vampire question:

How are the Abyss and Hell rleated?

Specifically if you think about the Angelis Ater, do they have a good reason to go down this path?

Or did they just choose to be huge dicks and become devil sluts while the Abyss is amoral?
>>
Hi, /pfg/ here. Can you take 2hu back? We don't want him.
>>
>>48385419
Who is that guy?
>>
>>48385442
Oh sweet summer child.
>>48385419
Hell no. You can keep that faggot.
>>
>>48378849
Trying to guess what the GM is thinking is never fun for the player.
>>
So I'm the above fucktard asking about Blood Bond vs Presence, might as well do a short story time of what's happening with the group:

> Toreador, Gangrel, Brujah, Tremere and the occasional Malkavian (player works every other months, so her presence is limited)
> Game ended with Blood Hunt being called on them because they are thought to have killed the Brujah primogen
> Brujah primogen was actually dead before that, being possessed by a demon summoned by the Tremere regent who holds big sway over the Prince
> Demon later possessed a Gangrel elder
> Tremere from the capital comes in secret to investigate the local regent shenanigans and asks the party for help, subsequently learns about the possible possessed vampire walking around
> Group also ran into a Sabbat pack who was working with the now dead Brujah primogen to take over the city. They were trying to kill the Nossie primogen who the group saved
> They defeat the Sababt pack and take a staked Lasombra with them, the Gangrel pc being the most eager to do that
> Nossie is not a fan of the Tremere regent who might be an infernalist, so he's stuck between a rock and a hard place
> Says he will only support them if they get support from at least 2 other primogen, they can then persuade the prince that they did not kill anyone
> Because of Gangrel pc's horrible lying rolls, Nossie now knows that they didn't kill everyone from the Sabbat and will use it against them too
>>
>>48385419
>bootleg 3.5 general
>>
>>48385618
> Tremere agent persuaded the group the help him discover what the regent is up to by offering a boon from the whole clan as well as an enchanted ring for each of them that boosts their stealth
> I'm still undecided on whether or not I should give all of them a chance to roll Occult to see that rings will fuck them up if they go against the agent or if this is something I should allow the Tremere pc only to make a roll, who would know the runes and stuff
> Tremere agent also asked them to get a sample of the regent's blood for investigation and suggested a few options they can do that
> He will also give them a few options of how they can deal with the possessed vampire: either discover its True Name and bind him or find a mortal vessel and force him to possess a weaker human
> Toreador has also managed to find the soul of the Gangrel that was cast out of his body via Auspex 5 and so might try to find a necromancer to see if they can force the soul back into the body

Now for the stupidest thing done in downtime:
> Gangrel pc decides to blood bond the Lasombra
> Heard that Sabbat have some weird rituals that make it hard to blood bond them
> Asked Toreador pc to speak to Gangrel elder's soul about it
> Gangrel elder says not to do it
> Does it
> Feeds him for 4 nights and allows him to heal all agg damage
> Fails all the rolls to spot that Lasombra is pretending to be blood bound and is just bidding his time
> Allows him to wander with him and asks him for help to find a necromancer or a Nossie who might know one
> Asks Lasombra if he'd like to find and hunt a werewolf together
> Lasombra is all too happy to participate because that will allow him to escape and leave the Gangrel to deal with the werewolf
>>
>>48385777
Million dollar question is how many hints should I give the player that the Lasombra is not blood bound. The player is trying to be in the good graces of both the Camarilla and the Sabbat. He's also fairly new (started playing 4 months ago) and does not know too much about the world but surely this is just plain dumb.
>>
>>48385419
No. He belongs in D&D.

>>48385584
But that's not what you want. You want no thinking period
>>
>>48382302

I'm really impressed with it so far. Starting off with two of the best CofD writers in the business was an excellent choicw. Looking forward to Dennis Detweiler's piece, I'm amazed they even got him on it.
>>
Because I get my dumb ideas after the thread has passed...

>>48322082
>Do you take inspiration from anime?
I've been thinking about a Geist who's Keystone is a seifuku. He was a big brother and his sister died and it was a uniform she loved, or something like that. This being WoD you can have him have brotherly and creepy sexual feelings towards her. He only bonds with young women, and sees them as his sister, who likely passed on. Obviously the Caul or Shroud is a big thing, and would take the form of a stylized school uniform.
https://youtu.be/bU9PJBv30lE
I just love this cover.
>>
>>48386879
Senketsu was the best character ;_;7
>>
>>48386879
>This being WoD you can have him have brotherly and creepy sexual feelings towards her.
You mean 'this being your fetish'?
>>
>>48386995
I need to rewatch Kill la Kill now that it's all been dubbed.
>>
>>48387011
Nah, I hadn't actually thought of it until I noticed how half the artbook pictures are Senketsu and Ryuuko in a wedding gown.
The idea I keep getting when listening to that cover is more along the lines of a big brother type Geist who's half a parent, but I can't really think of how a male Geist would get bound to a girl's school uniform. Although maybe he was raising his sister and he patched up or sewed her uniform (or maybe it was cosplay or something) and tried to get it to her, but he got into a car accident and had one of those heart wrenching depressing moments where in the confusion of bleeding out he just thought "who's going to get Sis her uniform?"

It's not exactly an idea I've fleshed out. I just get ideas from listening to songs, and Kill la Kill's kind of Geisty with the uniforms that have personalities thing.

Now if the genders were reversed, that'd probably be more my fetish...
I'm kidding. They're both my fetish.
>>
>>48378290
It really wasn't. It was them being put up against an enemy that required them to use lateral thinking. Hell, one of them actually managed to make it work because when he realized he couldn't hit people, he shot the hinges off a rather massive metal door, causing it to crush one of the opposition under it.
>>
File: 1405290747619.png (228KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
1405290747619.png
228KB, 500x271px
>nwod wiki is down
>have to ctrl+f all my pdfs
THANKS
>>
What are the chances of seeing some new White Wolf stuff at Gen Con? How about an announcement at the Grand Masquerade?
>>
>>48388293
Hey, Camilla.

>>48387912
Don't acknowledge him. He's just the type of person to complain that challenge is railroading.
>>
>>48388469

Gencon? Probably not. Grand Masquerade will probably have the announcement of the new Masquerade video game, a look at the One World of Darkness slot machine, and an extended preview of the World of Darkness documentary. We'll probably also see End of the Line, the oWoD Nordic LARP, have a venue there.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (28KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
28KB, 1920x1080px
nwod question
I read somewhere that if a Changeling doesn't have enough Glamour per turn to cast a Contract they just keep casting into the next round. Is this a Changeling only thing or can all splats do this?
>>
>>48388782
Pretty sure anyone can spend energy points over multiple turns. Hell, there are a few Hunter moves that require you to do that with Willpower.
>>
How did the gay werewolves meme start?
>>
>>48388726
>new Masquerade video game
I bet its going to be some kind of vampire themed cookie clicker
>>
File: 1463719803304.gif (2MB, 280x209px) Image search: [Google]
1463719803304.gif
2MB, 280x209px
>>48388904
>and this is my Cahalith Iron Master!
>>
>>48388782
All splats can do it. It's a balancing factor; eg, if a Gnosis 1 Mage wants to cast a spell that costs 2+ mana, they can't do it instantly, because they have to spend a turn preparing to cast it by spending the first mana, first.

>>48388904
Well, Werewolf fiction in general tends to have hairy men losing their clothing. As far as wod goes, it started with 1e WtF, I think, because of the ghost children; spirit-babies that result from male and female werewolves having sex, and invariably try to kill werewolves.
The only way for werewolves to have sex with each other *without* risking a ghost child, of course, is for it to be homosexual. Thus, gay werewolves.
>>
>>48389011

Nobody thought about getting a vasectomy or a tube tie? Or good old fashioned butt sex? Hell, werewolves regenerate you could shove your arm and a regulation basketball up your girl's ass and she'd be fine the next day.
>>
>>48389125
They thought about it, but most packs just outright forbid sex between uratha, because of the chance that it could result in a ghost child.

Once they're conceived, there's no way to get rid of them; abortions do absolutely nothing since the child is a spirit, and one of the books even talks about uratha women removing their own wombs. It just regrows, and the unihar grows back with it.

>Nobody thought about getting a vasectomy or a tube tie?
You sort of answered your own question, m8
>werewolves regenerate you could shove your arm and a regulation basketball up your girl's ass and she'd be fine the next day.
>>
>>48388726
So are we not going to see new tabletop shit from White Wolf? They are being very vague about that, and it would look like they would be all over that.
>>
>>48389518

VtM 4e should eventually be a thing, they've already announced it.
>>
>>48389897
I thought that got announced by Onyx Path and then canceled after they were bought by the new owners?
>>
>>48389981
>>48389897
OP announced VtM 4e, but then the buyout happened, and now neo-White Wolf is planning VtM 5e.

They consider V20 to be 4e.
>>
New Beckett's Jyhad Diary Preview, "Transvaal Nights", which goes into some detail on the Laibon, the vampires from Africa, and how these vampires of the "Ebony Kingdom" mostly circumvent the problem of "Elders rule, Fledglings drool" by sharing blood both ways across the generations in (presumably) rituals of blood magic. Old to new and new to old. Fascinating stuff.

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gABmpoaQUPDLbOPCkwGhjV6CKYaOLD7RTF7ETrUyaWQ/pub

Also, seems like the three Laibon legacies itroduced in "V20: Dark Ages" are the forebearers of several of the modern Laibon legacies.

I'm kinda peeved that the Impundulu bloodline of vampires bonded in servitude to mortal witches didn't survive to the modern era. That would have been fun to explore in a chronicle I was planning...
>>
>>48390013
>I'm kinda peeved that the Impundulu bloodline of vampires bonded in servitude to mortal witches didn't survive to the modern era. That would have been fun to explore in a chronicle I was planning...

Screw the official lore, just say they still exist in your games.
>>
>>48390136
>Screw the official lore, just say they still exist in your games.

True, there's nothing stopping me from just saying a small number of them hid and survived to the modern age...

But on the whole, I prefer following the game's established lore, through good times and bad times. It makes it easier to bring in new players without having to force dozens of homebrewed rules and self-styled lore down their throats.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/open-dev-closing-the-review-window-for-hunter-the-vigil-2e-submissions/

You have a little over one week to submit to write for Hunter: The Vigil 2e's core. Still feel free to submit after, you just won't end up on the core if you're chosen for something.
>>
>>48391767
>straight white cis male

lel no point
>>
>>48390001
>>48389981
>>48389897
>>48389518

The current tabletop plan is supposed to be this: the tabletop game itself will not be in a traditional form, but rather as a game/universe bible for the other aspects of the One World of Darkness franchise. All RPG video game mechanics will come from it, all media will have to refer to it, etc, etc. We may not see it actually be released as much as having to backwards port it from the video game.
>>
>>48391865

You can still submit for other things. Geist 2e, I assume, is right around the corner.
>>
>>48391893
>Geist
>I'm not trans

Yeah, I see that going well
>>
>>48391921

No, no, Geist is the game where every writer has to have a near death experience, or re-lived the exact plot of the Keifer Sutherland film Flatliners.
>>
So has anyone read Curse of the Blue Nile yet? I'm dying to hear about it.
>>
Is there a translation guide for W:TF for were-bears? I kind of want to have one as an NPC.
>>
>>48392121

I'm a backer, so I read it over the week after release. It's five novellas that center around a single Relic that appears to take many forms, with each story revolving around a different form. Not gonna spoil much, but it does continue some stuff in the fluff from the other parts of the line, and one of the stories shows an absolutely fascinating alternate version of how a Necropolis can be organized.
>>
>>48392349
They are in the Changing Breeds book
>>
>>48392419
Thanks.
>>
>>48392419

War Against the Pure has werebears too, I think. It's been a while since I read it and I don't have it on me to check.
>>
>>48392349

They're in Changing Breeds, which isn't great. You're better off trying to staple something together out of War Against The Pure and how werewolves are in 2e.

>>48392356

So glad to hear it. I'm despairing at the thought of Mummy not getting new content after the Dark Eras Companion for like two or three years.
>>
>>48392478
Well, if Onyx Path decides to announce Geist 2e this year at Gen Con, you can bet next year they'd announce Mummy 2e
>>
>>48392516

And then it would be another year, year and a half between announcement and release.

Suffering.
>>
>>48392516
I honestly doubt we'll be seeing any information on a 2nd edition of Geist this year. Probably more information on Deviant, Changeling and Hunter in terms of CofD.
>>
>>48392560

Don't forget Dark Eras 2 most likely; Dark Eras has its own panel this year.

Ideally, we'll hear more about supplements for the 2e lines, some progress on Hunter 2e, and an announcement of Geist 2e, along with some more info on Scion to drum up hype for the upcoming Kickstarter.

In my fever dreams, they also announce Mummy 2e and Demon the Fallen 15th Anniversary Edition.
>>
>>48392478
Changing Breeds was fine mechanically, it just shit up the lore on stuff. Use old lore, new rules.
>>
>>48392478
I'll try that. I'm thinking something like Werebears being rarer and more independent than wolves.

Slower to anger but once they go war form it'll take a pack to defeat one.
>>
>>48392682
>Changing Breeds was fine mechanically

this triggers the mage fan
>>
>>48392756
Werewolves had spirit magic too.

>>48392724
Sounds good. They have different "Auspices" in that book, Not as focused on Rage.
>>
>>48392815
>Werewolves had spirit magic too.

They didnt have Paradox-free Mage spells though
>>
>>48391767
Shit, shit. I need some confidence.
>>
>>48392682
>Changing Breeds was fine mechanically
No, it was unplaytested garbage, just like all the other blue books.

>>48392825
>>48392815
>>48392756
Seriously "take a three dot Rote as a Merit and lose the ability to raise your Power Stat" isn't a big deal. I don't understand why people get so rustled over something stupid.
>>
>>48392928

Give it a shot, the worst they can do is not put you on the project, and if that happens, there's always other ones that you could be in the running for. They do keep a submissions pool, after all.
>>
>>48392957

>No, it was unplaytested garbage, just like all the other blue books.
>Seriously "take a three dot Rote as a Merit and lose the ability to raise your Power Stat" isn't a big deal. I don't understand why people get so rustled over something stupid.

It looks like ContrarianBot6000 finally hit a contradictory parameter.
>>
>>48392825
Yes they did.
>>
File: VS1_H.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
VS1_H.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>48393265
>>
>>48393115
No, I'm just saying complaining "they get mage magic!" is sort of silly.
That doesn't mean I approve of just slapping some other game's mechanics in. In fact that's one of the ways that it's clearly unplaytested garbage. Just that it's like complaining that your haunted house with blood dripping from the walls gave you a splinter.
>>
>>48391921
>>48391865
How's that persecution complex going?
>>
>>48393890
Not great, at least if they considered submissions from "default" people like me it'd be wort it. But knowing right off the bat that I'm doomed got old real fast
>>
>>48393908

Just submit anyways, for crying out loud. Being in the pool is better for your chances to get to do something for Onyx Path than not being in the pool. Everyone has something about them that they can push forward as an asset. If you didn't, you wouldn't be interested in writing in the first place, let alone writing for a world spanning monster hunting game with a blue collar aesthetic and worldview.

The worst they can do is not call back. It's not the end of the world.
>>
Do we still not have an ETA on Secrets of the Covenants?
>>
>>48385301
I would say no. But depends on your group.

>>48391865
Well, you can just pretend to be black trans lesbian on wheel chair. On the internet no one knows you are dog.
In my country straight white cis male won very prestigious award for new writers while pretending to be Vietnamese student writing about her struggle to integrate to majority dominated society or something like that.
>>
>>48391865
Tell them you're bisexual. Then at least people will fucking remember that bisexuals exist.
>>
>>48391767
>submitted at the end of April
>still haven't heard a yes or a no back

help
>>
>>48392442
Read it before thanking him.
>>
>>48391767
>Working for free
>>
>>48394369

Freelancers get paid, anon
>>
>>48394337
They might be waiting till after they close submissions. Chill.
>>
File: 1467288770964.jpg (22KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
1467288770964.jpg
22KB, 265x300px
>when you spend all your exp on your power stat and magical abilities
Why even bother wasting exp on Attributes and Skills? Turning invisible is so much more useful than "oh you can roll one extra die when you do something"
>>
>>48395176
Because some of those abilities use those very same dicepools.
>>
>>48395176
Because rolling one extra die can be the difference between success and failure. Especially when the failure leads to something as simple as "your invisibility shutting down"
>>
>>48391869
...So they own the rights to the second most popular RPG in history and they aren't going to publish an RPG?
>>
>>48395578

I bet Call of Cthulhu has WoD beat.
>>
>>48395176
I wouldn't call it a "waste". The most I might say is that exp purchasing a fifth dot in a skill or attribute is 'inefficient', but your second and third dots are cheap enough to buy, and the fourth dot gives you a specialization.
>>
>>48395655
In terms of product sold? You're crazy.
>>
>>48395684
It seriously depends on what you're dealing with.

In a long game with enemies of equivalent and above your stats, it's not inefficient when each dot can be the difference between losing a crash of wills or failing a contest.
>>
>>48395835
Also, more dots, more % of exceptional success.
>>
>>48395578

In an early interview, they stated that while they loved RPGs, RPGs do not make a good core for a multimedia franchise. Video games, LARPs and an eventual TV series are the spine, and RPGs and regular fiction novels will appear once the spine does well enough to support them.
>>
>>48397625
>larps
>good core for a multimedia franchise
I'm pretty sure they're talking out of their ass, here.
>>
>>48397625
LARPs would/will do far, far, far, far worse in that regard than a regular 'ol pen and paper RPG.

I mean, to be honest, as well of a job as OP does making new content the business model for WoD RPGs is pretty awful. To a newbie who wants to pick up the newest VtM book, that is a hundred dollar investment (I say this because the two lower-quality PoD books are, to be quite frank, junk). Not only that, but you can't buy those books at a local game store.

I understand WoD LARPing is popular in some places but, to the average person who just wants to play Vampire, not only is that a big investment in both time and money, it creates a social barrier. The vast majority of people simply feel more comfortable sitting inside with some snacks, rolling some dice, than they do dressing up and putting on fangs and all that stuff.

You would think that, at the very LEAST, White Wolf would fund VTM books to be printed and sold in stores - even if it is just the V20 core rulebook. Slap a 60 dollar price tag on it and I would be at my game store on the day of release. Those guys are delusional if they think a sequel to a 10+ year old video game and a bunch of sanctioned LARPing is going to bring WoD to the prominence it had in the 90's.
>>
>>48393908
Maybe you should be less boring. If you feel "i'm out because I'm a white guy", it means you have nothing else interesting about you. Hell, I'm trans and I'm nervous because I have nothing interesting about me. Your problem shouldn't be "I'm white", it should be "I'm not interesting and have nothing to bring to the table".

>>48394241
That's asinine, anon.

>>48394291
No they won't.

>>48394337
Jakki, she ain't checking them until they're all in.

>>48394466
To be fair, not much.

>>48392349
>>48392442
You'd be better off making your own Were-Bear based on how you think Werebears should be, using the Horror rules or Mortal Remains' Dread Powers list.
>>
What's a good benchmark to go by for Hallows? Verges? Nodes?

I'm mostly talking per square mile or kilometer, but anything's helpful. My players are just now starting to actually look for a place to set up their shared Sanctum, so I'm trying to figure out where some potential locations could be ahead of time.
>>
>>48398436
They can only use locations that qualify as PokeSpots in Pokemon Go.
>>
>>48398436
Mages can create pocket dimensions, have their own personal spirit courts/banana republics, hide items by holding them a second into the future.

And you're worried about the real estate?
>>
>>48398465
This would actually be a pretty good way of doing it. Though I feel like they'd be rarer.

>>48398436
Whatever's the most thematic. I wouldn't make them too common, though. Enough that the PCs will be able to get one, but also rare enough that unclaimed Hallows will still be prized territory for people to fight over.
>>
>>48398613
I'm worried about oversaturating the area with features of the magical terrain that are supposed to be at least a little rare.
Hence why I asked about Hallows, Verges, and Nodes.
>>
File: Crossover Games.jpg (2MB, 2764x4096px) Image search: [Google]
Crossover Games.jpg
2MB, 2764x4096px
For the Suicide Squad inspired Hunter game, what would be a fitting series of Breaking Point questions?

I'm thinking
>What did you do to end up here?
>What makes you worth a pardon?
>What are you willing to do?
>What would you never do?
>What's the worst thing you can imagine someone doing?
>>
>>48399676
TFV low on manpower so they take violent criminals for alternative sentencing? Or perhaps taking Hunters that were arrested during The Vigil and TFV disappear them?
>>
>>48400479
The idea is basically straight up Suicide Squad.
Monsters captured by VALKYRIE that are given a chance to not be in jail if they go on suicide missions.

The twist is that it's a crossover game using only Hunter and the corebook. One of my players is a slasher who takes supernatural combat drugs. Another player wants to be a "Proxy" inspired by Marble Hornets, but I'm not really familiar with that, so I'm hoping he comes up with a different idea. I'm also going to make a robot, just as an example of what you can make with Dread Powers.
>>
>>48400542
I say "Monsters", but I mean supernaturals.
>>
File: pokemon vs digimon.jpg (73KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon vs digimon.jpg
73KB, 480x720px
>>48370307
>>
>>48398160
>That's asinine, anon.
I don't know what's asinine about truth. Shall I post a sauce to what I have written?

>>48398436
That's gonna heavily depend on whether or not is said area near to some major ley line.
>>
I've been doing some work on what cultural variations on Paths can there be. Check this:

Islamic/Arabian Mages:

Obrimos - [Those Who Know The] Takbir, Prophets on the path of Glory, Illuminated by Crescent-And-Star, theirs is the Assembly of Truth and power over white fires of heaven and divine brilliance.

Mastigos - [Those Who Eat From The] Zaqqum, Redeemed on the path of Cleansing Suffering, Illuminated by the flames of Jahannam, theirs is That-Which-Renders-Into-Pieces: power over their demons and thoughts and illusion of space - for hell is split into seven parts and whole creation in three, yet all of it is One.

Acanthos - Sa'id, Blessed on the hajj to Janna, Illuminated by the Rainbow-Winged Hummingbird, theirs is the Orchard of Bliss and power to make no mistake in leading a virtuous life.

Moros - Madhhab, the Reconciled on the path of Peace, who need no illumination or guidance, for they've already arrived. Theirs is the Home in Hereafter and power to wake the dead before their time has come, to interrupt souls from their bliss or suffering should such a need arise, as well as domain over all things inanimate and unliving.

Thyrsus - Derwish, the Pristine on the path of Harmony, Illuminated by the green light of the Eternal Garden. Theirs is the power to see the spark of life put by God in all things and to heal any wound.
>>
Am I missing something, or are Devotions seriously overcosted, both in terms of Discipline prerequisites and Vitae-to-effect/duration?
>>
>>48400982
The problem is that the symbols:
The Golden Key, The Iron Gauntlet, The Moonsilver Thorn, and the Singing Stone.. They ARE the concepts.
They aren't going to be changed, culturally speaking, they simply ARE. So I'd recommend keeping them in.
>>
>>48400992
Sure, some. They are can also be amazing.
Quicken Sight is close to a requirement for a combat vampire.
(Especially if anyone does the obvious and makes a Vigor 3 / Celerity 3 counterpart devotion, and lets you attack with firearms speed...)
>>
>>48401017
Symbols are parsed through the Mage's consciousness. The Iron Gauntlet isn't an "iron gauntlet" (even canon's Arctos never had any gauntlet appear in his Awakening — and we see it in his own diary.) The Iron Gauntlet is a _principle_. A fundamental Truth that striving and pain cleanse and purify and exalt you, and railing against your chains enough WILL see them broken.

There is a canon Acanthos whose awakening was to find the subtle interplay of cause and effect in a perfect storm raging around him and then sail off the edge of the World. There is a Dave-condoned Mastigos whose shadow-play ended by him signing an UPS delivery.

And besides, Mastigos existed long before there were either gauntlets or iron armor. So what was its symbol _then_ ?
>>
>>48401050
>Symbols are parsed through the Mage's consciousness. The Iron Gauntlet isn't an "iron gauntlet" (even canon's Arctos never had any gauntlet appear in his Awakening — and we see it in his own diary.) The Iron Gauntlet is a _principle_. A fundamental Truth that striving and pain cleanse and purify and exalt you, and railing against your chains enough WILL see them broken.

Yeah, but if you get to see the Tower, you'll see the gauntlet.

>And besides, Mastigos existed long before there were either gauntlets or iron armor. So what was its symbol _then_ ?
A metal fist, most likely.
>>
>>48400982
Meh. Too grounded in fallen detritus for my liking.

>>48401050
>There is a Dave-condoned Mastigos whose shadow-play ended by him signing an UPS delivery
And the 1e core book says that someone ate an ambrosia pie from a greasy spoon diner, and signed his soul on a bank ledger which stood in for a Watchtower.
Not really relevant.
>>
>>48401070
>Yeah, but if you get to see the Tower, you'll see the gauntlet.

Not necessarily? Arctos never sees one, and he's one of the canon Mastigos _and_ sees the Tower itself.
>>
>Too grounded in fallen detritus for my liking.
It's not like the default names aren't misappropriated Greek, you know.

Damn shame they didn't list Indian and Persian path names in the Alexandria Dark Eras.
>>
>>48401096
The Paths must be named, and misappropriated Greek is much better than something which has real meaning to people leading to further quabbles over fallen meaning and decyphering pancryptia.
>>
>>48401029
And it costs ONE VITAE PER FUCKING TURN! For an effect that werewolves get for free in 3 out of 5 forms, or mages get for *one* mana for an entire SCENE, for 2 dots in like half of the available Arcana! Added to that, the Discipline prerequisites means that it's only available to Mekhet and Daeva right out the gate.
>>
>>48401079
>Not really relevant.
Why do you feel so? Do you _want_ all your Awakenings uniform and easily hammerable into five stereotyped stories?
>>
>>48401111
The Greek had (and has) fallen meaning too, originally. It's just old enough that people around don't care.
>>
>>48401118
That it's not relevant at this point doesn't mean it's unimportant.
>>
>>48401112
Of course Vitae gets spent more! It's so damn easy to re-fill!
>>
>>48401210
Not in the middle of combat it's not, and that's inevitably the scenario where vamps will be burning through a lot of their vitae in a short period of time.
>>
>>48401300
Grapple > Feed.
Damage and refill.
>>
>>48400992
>>48401112
Well, you can always play an Ordo Dracul vampire. Go Sworn of the Axe, pick up Ride the Wave style and 4 dots of Coil of the Wyrm.
>>
File: tamers_rp.png (86KB, 1070x620px) Image search: [Google]
tamers_rp.png
86KB, 1070x620px
Would nWoD be a suitable system for Digimon?
>>
>>48401317
Ah yes, grappling. That one combat manouvre where you forfeit ALL your Defense. Methinks you'll be using whatever vitae your gaining to desperately trying to stay on top of your health condition track, rather than powering your disciplines.
>>
>>48401399
Eh. No. You only lose Defence if someone in it uses Hold.
>>
>>48401364
I ran Shin Megami Tensei in it, so yes.
>>
>>48401317

Doesn't grappling and feeding take 2 separate actions?
>>
>>48401424
Only if vampire isn't frenzying.
>>
Unchained have Merciless Gunman and Uratha have Gauru form. Do vampires and mages have any means of forcing "Down and Dirty" combat on non-template enemies?
>>
>>48401434
Which you will be, in combat. Because it's so damn strong.
>>
God reading the rules for Demon just make me want to make a super Operator spy game.
Can I hit the Mozambique Drill in WoD? It must be in the Armory Books or something right?
>>
>>48401112
Just up the prereqs a little, say celerity 2 and maybe auspex 2, and make it scene long. It hardly breaks anything.
>>
>>48401591
The Merciless Gunman Embed is pretty much a supernaturally charged Mozambique Drill.
>>
>>48401342
I don't see how this changes anything. The othe anon is right firearm defense is really expensive for vampires (which is bit alleviated by doing only bashing). Nevertheless firearms with burst can easily overflow that bashing into lethal in few moments.

>>48401510
I don't know about vampires, but mage spells are so powerful it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>48401510
Vampires don't have anything in official materials (yet). That said, you could probably make a devotion of some combination of the physical disciplines that enables it.
>>
>>48401725
Something like Celerity 3, Vigour 3, costs 2 vitae and can only be activated while in Frenzy?
>>
How many Mages would there generally be in a modern city agglomeration of 17 million people (with the core city numbering 12 million of those), at an approximate population density of about 4900-5000 people per square kilometre, assuming it has a bedrock of a "core" Mystery?

What about Vampires and Werewolves?
>>
Is there a "fixed" Mage pdf with an index already?
>>
>>48401950
If you want Mages, Vampires and Werewolves to be in the same city in numbers enough for each to have their own society then you're already going to have to suspend your disbelief. There are no numbers that will make sense.

I suggest just eye-balling it.
>>
>>48401987
Seconding this for Core with Fates finally ironed out.
>>
>>48400584
You forgot the branches. Every digimon has multiple evolution paths that can branch at any point in it's development. You can start with a talking dog and end up with some kind of divine darkness breathing dragon thing. Pokemon btfo.
>>
>>48401996
Why wouldn't it make sense?
>>
>>48401651
reading up on it it seems to essentially be Mark and Execute
>>
What's the logic behind Platonic Form not being a Making spell?
>>
>>48402224
I think it's something like this: You aren't creating something ex nihilo, you are just manifesting an idea that has been here all along. Or something.
>>
>>48402071
Because the population of supernatural things becomes unreasonably high. If they make up a sizeable portion of the city's population then it couldn't go unnoticed. Especially when you assume the figures you have are representative of 'average' city's then there's a massive number of supernatural entities in that world, all interacting.

It's not a terrible thing, suspension of disbelief is required for these kind of games. I just think trying to work out a 'reasonable' number is pointless.
>>
>>48402224
You're not creating something from nothing, you're using your Magic to create a construct representing a Platonic ideal, using Mana.
>>
What would be a serious threat to a cabal of masters that isn't another group of mages?
>>
>>48402224
>>48402236
>>48402299
It's not creating or manifesting anything.
You're literally turning mana into a solid form.
You're imprinting tass with a concept.
>>
>>48375032
Leaving alone that defense is an exception and can be in excess of 5 and you OBVIOUSLY cannot rort combat in the way you are proposing from a common sense perspective...
In all cases, the individual modifiers can exceed +5/-5 (Albeit under mundane circumstances this is extremely rare), it's just the NET modifiers cannot exceed +5/-5.

>>48401364
Absolutely. I wrote up Persona for it, and now 2e has more POKEMANS rules in it than ever.
>>
>>48402290
But in a city of 17 million? I would actually be surprised if only a single type of supernatural was accounted for in such a massive city.
>>
>>48402438
Would you kindly show us? I can make use of it.
>>
>>48402539
Alrighty....

I should caution that the following caveats:
a) From back in late 2010 when my game design game was a lot weaker. It's also incomplete, but still has a lot more going on in it than my memory gave it credit for. I have not revisited it since, and won't until I'm imminently in a position to run it.

b) I was fresh out of playing Changeling the Lost, Persona 3 and 4, and watching Persona: Trinity Soul at the time. I consider the latter of those to be the main catalyst for this ruleset being distinct from the 2 or 3 other nWoD Persona hacks that were present at the time.

c) Despite having a better sense of setting neutrality and effective adaptation to a tabletop environment than most of its competitors at the time, it's still within the newbie trap of unreasonably literal translation of videogame mechanics in hindsight, particularly with respect to 'mana' cost progression. As far as the abilities themselves I'm actually pretty pleased with what I came up with, despite falling for the newbie trap of having mostly combat abilities it has a few dedicated non-combat abilities, as well as some incorporated non-combat benefits for the core elemental trees.
>>
>>48397911

Apparently they DO want to get books in retail stores, but they don't currently have a publishing arm.
>>
>>48402852
That's pretty shitty.
>>
>>48402290
>Because the population of supernatural things becomes unreasonably high. If they make up a sizeable portion of the city's population then it couldn't go unnoticed. Especially when you assume the figures you have are representative of 'average' city's then there's a massive number of supernatural entities in that world, all interacting.
most supernaturals don't interact with each other
and even going by old ratios it's less than 1% of a city's population
>>
>>48403147
>most supernaturals don't interact with each other
This.

Just because Changelings and Mages exist in the same city doesn't mean they have a special Changeling/Mage clubhouse. If they know of each other at all it's probably only a few Mages know of a few Changelings and vice versa.
>>
>>48403162
Mages are obsessed with Changelings, though.
>>
>>48401317
>try to grapple against a werewolf
>fail
>out vitae and basically just skipped your turn
>>
>>48403106
Not surprising, but hey, I was asked. Personally I think there are some salvageable ideas there that haven't necessarily appeared in anything else since, but by and large it's symptomatic of babby's first game design with all the goddamn literal videogame mechanics translations.

The general poor layout is because it a) Hasn't seen any and b) That's how all my games are, even the good ones. Laying shit out so other people can read it has always been something I've viewed as a 'finishing' step in design, which is in turn mainly symptomatic of me designing solo rather than collaboratively for the most part.
>>
>>48403181
No they aren't. Not even in 1e. And they don't have any special ability to notice them unless Changelings start doing magic in front of them.
>>
>>48403199
It's not the layout.

lipstick/pig
>>
>>48403181
Not true, my Moros doesn't care about any of the Changelings he's met except for the Darkling who's studying ghosts.
>>
Speaking of Changelings what are some good merits you can get by doing an Ensorcellment with one?
>>
>>48403181
>>48403266

Changeling is like that guy who insists the girl who's ignoring him is totally into him.
>>
>>48402224

So the bit that got lost between idea and advance pdf release is that Platonic Forms aren't tass - they're Mana that's been Patterned so that it behaves as though it's in tass even though it isn't. They're mana constructs in the shape of stuff.
>>
Interesting ways to use Matter 3 or Life 3?
>>
>>48403695
Or, if you have the Chimera Kith, you can use it to play Blitzwing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP6rXX0VLiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkuSZ-8pNCY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vvf-Dld9uM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zlxivR2s3Q
>>
>>48403695
I thought that was Beast?
I figured Changeling was the guy who sits in the corner having nam flashbacks.
>>
>>48401950
I think that in VtR 1e was something about 1 vampire for every 50 000 to 100 000 people. And Vampires were supposed to be most numerous supernatural.
2e probably added more werewolves with removing that ban on were/were sex, but majority of werewolves are Pure. Whether there is more vampires than weres hard to say.

>>48403205
Mages are obsessed with pretty much anything and especially Acanthus will have probably heavy interest in them.
>>
>>48403779
>werewolves can fug in 2e
Oh boy, my players are gonna love this...
>>
So now that wodindex is kill, where do you get your info now?
This question is probably asked in every thread but if that's the case it should be in the pastebin tbqh
>>
>>48403877
I just have a massive folder of CofD books that I look through
And also refer to the white wolf wiki from time to time if I'm not sure what book/page to look at.
>>
What splat would be best for a quest? Not planning on running anything just yet, just thinking.
>>
>>48404016
The answer is entirely subjective
>>
>>48403695
Dave, you still here? Can a Mage ascertain whether P=NP is true or not by Prime Unveiling and pinging the statement's truthiness off the Aether?
>>
When you feed on a ghoul, is the vitae the last thing to come out?
>>
>>48404756
Technically, everything you drain from them is Vitae.

If you mean 'their vitae pool', then that's up to ST discretion, I think. I'd probably rule 'yes', that way any Ghoul who gets fed on can still spend vitae to stand back up unless the Vampire in question drains their vitae pool as well.
>>
>>48404853
Yeah, that's what I meant.
>>
>>48404640
My money's on "yes, but just whether or not it's true, not how to go about converting them"
>>
File: evolution_gears.png (2MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
evolution_gears.png
2MB, 1800x1200px
>>48400584
>>
>>48404016
>>48404052
Vampires have difficulty with travel (death by sunlight and all that).
Prometheans have difficulty with staying in one place.
Demons lack a bit of freedom as they have to maintain their covers.

Those three would need special considerations, but for a generic "quest", any of the other splats should be able to pull it off without much fuss.
>>
>>48405387
>Champion is the best design
Sounds accurate.
>>
>>48405387
I don't get it
>>
>>48405593
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Klink_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

http://wikimon.net/Hagurumon
>>
>>48405389

That actually might be a cool session for a Mage game. Vampire elder is suspicious of a plot to kill him. Wants the local cabal to teleport him to a different city. His rivals could offer a favor if the cabal accidentally teleports him to the middle of the Sahara at high noon.
>>
>>48401112

And it costs ONE VITAE PER FUCKING TURN! For an effect that werewolves get for free in 3 out of 5 forms

This is such a stupid argument. Werewolves have a gift called Cold Embrace that costs 3-5 xp to get, and basically makes you seem dead (with a huge penalty to all actions). A thing vampires get for free.

Doesn't mean it's overpowered.

And yes, mages can do everything a vampire or werewolf can do but better. Cry about it.

Though..... it occurs to me just now that mages would actually be pretty balanced without the Reach system. No switching primary factors, no advanced scale. No going back in time a scene or more, etc. Less fun though.
>>
>>48406598
>This is such a stupid argument. Werewolves have a gift called Cold Embrace that costs 3-5 xp to get, and basically makes you seem dead (with a huge penalty to all actions). A thing vampires get for free.
>This is the same thing as applying defense to firearm attacks
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>48406914
What he's saying is that none of the splats are meant to be equivalent. One splat being able to do a thing for free and another splat being charged heavily for it doesn't really mean a damned thing. Demons get a billion things for free, for instance. The Vampire template on the other hand is just being dead and that's about it, and comes with nothing free other than drugging people. Is it somehow ridiculous and broken that vampires can bind you to their will with blood, when other splats would need considerably more effort? "Vampires can give the Swooning condition for free!"

What vampires can do has no bearing on what werewolves can do, and vice versa.
>>
>>48403877
There is wodcodex.com

>>48405389
Plus werewolves have problem with their territoriality, they can't just march on the other pack's turf and expect they will be welcomed with open arms.
>>
>>48403727
What exactly is tass then? An object with mana in it? I was under the impression that it was mana made solid. If that's not the case, how do you make tass outside of leaving things in a hallow?
>>
>>48403727
And they're obviously supernatural? Because I've seen that touted but nothing in the book says that.
>>
>>48407269
Careful there, I can already feel the "RAW doesn't need to match RAI" people breathing furiously down your neck.
>>
>>48407425
No you can't. Stop being childish.
Besides, that's Dave's intent, but I'm going to ignore it in my game.
>>
Does anyone know if Changeling 2E is still taking playtest feedback?

It came up recently that the Oracle is basically a bad version of Telluric, and there are like four different kiths that are basically "Bard Fascinate, but with THIS kind of performance."

On the bright side it has taken my players approximately five times longer to make Changelings than anything else we've played because they all want all the kiths all the time.
>>
>>48370307
Animal Ken and Survival should just be one skill. The default assumption is that you're playing in a modern world in a modern city, and "there are guard dogs sometimes" or "I need to gather mushrooms sometimes" don't justify splitting these two. Animal Ken is shoehorned hard and I was really sad to see it make the jump to Chronicles of Darkness.

It's not that I never want to deal with animals, it's that I have to deal with people all the TIME, way more powers key off a social skill than Animal Ken, you don't use it in any social Merits (if you want an animal, it's a loyal Retainer), and usually its existence in a power set for any splat is like...two-three specific things. I just can't justify it.

But to be fair it gets rolled more than Science or Computers do. As far as "does not interact with a subsystem" goes those are by far the worst offenders and powers almost never hook into them. If you're a mortal, you want Academics and Investigation and maybe Occult. If you're not a mortal, you want Occult and probably Politics or Academics with a local history specialty.

The only people who use Computer/Science are Free Council mages. Even demons handle that shit with Occult.
>>
>>48407935

People are still posting about it in the Onyx Path forum: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost

There doesn't seem to be an active dedicated thread for the playtest, so you might have to start a thread about it there.
>>
>>48407246
It's objects with Mana in them, is my understanding, and it's made by a process similar to selective irradiation. You leave stuff in a Hallow and hope it'll get infused. That's why natural tass is always, like, rocks or berries or water from a spring, and not spontaneously-manifested Lego sets or something.

>>48401112
Vampires tend to lose fistfights where they can't win a grapple and drain or Obfuscate and perform a Vigor-charged instant kill.

Their response to a gunfight is taking the first dot of Dominate and making them dismantle the gun. They are INCREDIBLE at brute-force mental/social assaults and being ninjas. They are only relatively amazing combatants to mortals. When 2E first hit, they were hot shit, but werewolves, demons, and changelings loading up on Catches for the sweet, sweet reflexive spam activations are all going to murder them if they're not combat-specced, and for vampires that means ambush tactics, either actually Obfuscate or using Celerity to end fights before they start.
>>
File: 1437532001306.jpg (156KB, 1019x881px) Image search: [Google]
1437532001306.jpg
156KB, 1019x881px
>when your entire party is composed of smart guys and social guys that can't fight their way out of a paper bag
>>
>>48408464
So like any random group of friends from a first world upbringing?
>>
>>48408009
Manipulation and Presence also need to be rolled into one.
>>
>>48408695
I'd like Resolve to be decent because Composure shits all over it.
How many times do you get poisoned in a session?
How many times do you make a perception check or roll initiative in a session?
>>
>>48408695
>>48408719
Not all stats are created equal, we get it. Find creative uses for them instead of minmaxing.
>>
>>48408793

Or you know, maybe the game doesn't need nine stats.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>48408793
>Find creative uses for them instead of minmaxing.
Or just invest into stats that don't suck.

Gee, what a tough choice.

It's a good thing I'm aware of which stats are worthwhile and which ones aren't. It would sure suck to be a newbie who made the choice unknowingly.
>>
File: 1440286895244.gif (2MB, 390x219px) Image search: [Google]
1440286895244.gif
2MB, 390x219px
The Underworld seems lame, it's pretty much The Hedge but with ghosts.
>>
>>48408887
>Or just invest into stats that don't suck.
>Gee, what a tough choice.
>It's a good thing I'm aware of which stats are worthwhile and which ones aren't. It would sure suck to be a newbie who made the choice unknowingly..

Fucking shit anon. . .

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Munchkin
>>
>>48409858
Nah. The Underworld is tight and cramped closed off, with a lot of huge caves where people live.
It is also dead.

The Hedge is very much alive, the very nature of the place changes, nothing is constant, everything is changing. Only a few, rare hollows don't change, and almost everything lives out in the wilderness.

They are otherworlds, but in essence they are opposites.
>>
>>48408719
Resolve has the benefit that a relatively large amount of Merits keys off of it.
>>
>>48408793
>>48409909
I can be just as creative with good stats, retard.
>>
>>48409945
And a creative excuse to boot.
>>
>>48370307
This is gonna be a stupid question I feel like, but please forgive me.

I picked up Changeling the Lost at a local bookstore for like $15, and I'm confused which core rulebook goes with it, and also how necessary it is to read the core rulebook. The character creation section refers to the core WoD book, but mostly as a "here's how things are different" type deal, so I'm a little confused.
>>
>>48409971
>Those stats aren't bad, just be creative!
>Wow, you're using creativity as an excuse? That's so stupid!
Why are the posters in this generals so bad?
>>
>>48410016
You need the dark blue core book, just called The World of Darkness. It's got all the rules for everything that isn't about being a fey creature.
>>
File: 1368962729355.jpg (96KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1368962729355.jpg
96KB, 724x720px
>>48409909
TVTropes is still a thing? Also
>linking to tvtropes
>>
File: WoD[1].jpg (733KB, 1864x2400px) Image search: [Google]
WoD[1].jpg
733KB, 1864x2400px
>>48410072
Looks a bit like this.
>>
>>48410072
>>48410094
Damn, didn't realize this would be a 2-book deal. Thanks for letting me know. Time to track that down, I guess.
>>
>>48410109
On the plus side, having the one core means that if you want any of the other games eventually, you won't need to waste money on the same rules text over and over again. Plus you can run a pretty decent mortals game from just the core alone.
>>
>>48410145
True, I suppose. Guess I only have myself to blame for buying it on impulse rather than looking into the system more before buying it.
>>
>>48408793
You can ask your players to waste points on basically nothing, or you can roll Presence and Manipulation into one attribute and add Empathy for finesse.
>>
>>48410389

Isn't Empathy a skill?
>>
This is more a general question than a specific WoD/CofD question.

How to get I get one of my players to actually ACT like a part of the group? He's running off on his own, taking other people's shit without asking, pestering contacts and conferring with them over other PCs, and all around acting like an anti-social fuckwit, antagonizing Uratha who are 3 seconds away from butchering them, acting suicidially OOC with regards to how fucking wounded he is (running around like a chump with 3 boxes of Lethal), acting oblivious to other PCs intent (engaging in blatant illegality with a group that's very law abiding), and flat up abandoning other players and trying to ask for Willpower to be returned when he "acted in concert with his Virtue" by actually turning around and helping them saying "oh, but I could have cut and run".
>>
>>48411557

"Hey, cut that shit out. This is a group game. Act like it.'
If shit is not cut out by the very next session, then cut the player out instead.

This is not hard.
>>
>>48411506
Yeah, but it would make a better attribute that Manipulation.
>>
>>48411557
I dealt with my player by saying she can wander off on her own but if she does she's considered out of scene and won't be able to participate until the scene is resolved.
>>
>>48411557
Tell him the game is a social event. If his character doesn't play with others then he should make a more sociable character.
>>
>>48411593
>>48411603
>>48411628
Fair enough, I guess he's mistaking "being a disruptive shitbag" for "playing his character".
>>
>>48411685
It's a pretty common mistake. I've had players I like, who otherwise play reasonable characters, decide that their FBI agent should absolutely pull a gun on the other (unarmed) players, because magic creeped him out.

It's usually easily solved if you and the player can discuss it sensibly.
>>
>>48408793
The creative use is folding them. Haven't you ever made bread or origami, fuckface? All about folding in.

Speaking of folding, folding in the scale charts for all of Awakening 2e would be nice.
>>
>>48411792
First things I did when I played 1e was write up a short booklet of all the scale charts and Arcana purviews.

I would suggest people do the same for 2e.
So goddamn helpful when using creative thaumaturgy.
Especially now as you've got to calculate reach with each spell.
Goddamn I have to explain the concept over and over again every time my new group wants to cast a spell.
It's even worse when I have to explain Withstand for the 57th time, and the guy with Mind 1 who wants to Mind Scan gets salty as fuck when I explain the negative modifiers he'll be rocking to actually have a chance against someone who doesn't WANT it to happen.
>>
>>48411851
This worked for me: Dedicate a session completely to just trying things out. Make a bunch of super-simple scenarios and mandate that the players can ONLY solve things with magic.
>>
>>48412274

tshiab xov
>>
>>48397911
I don't think you understand how big LARPs are in Scandinavian countries (where Paradox is set up in), how many oldheads still LARP (installed customer base with much lower overhead to sell to) and how much more likely a video game us to bring in new WW customers than a TTRPG (look at Shadowrun).

If I had their money and their assets, I would have a Vampire city based strategy game and a cross-splat Shadowrun Returns like RPG being made yesterday.

Above all: getting print books in stores is hard, fampai. PDFs are a financial necessity as much as anything once you move past vanity press.
>>
>>48412278
Are you just mashing random letters at this point?
>>
>>48408009
Embeds:
Computer - 4
Science - 10
Occult - 4

Exploits:
Computer - 1
Science - 7
Occult - 9

I'd say they're pretty even. Computer is clearly less than Science, but to say Demons do it with Occult is a little out there.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.