[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 419
Thread images: 36

File: Berzekers.jpg (108KB, 810x465px) Image search: [Google]
Berzekers.jpg
108KB, 810x465px
resources
pastebin.com/M09HXnQQ

Fyreslayers SC! when edition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2
mega.nz/#!7lZ2yDYI!ANWwfQHiJjr5ZbH6sfyruGRPGgWiDjso2uSGyJem1lg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread
>>48336264

The last work of Kirby, fyreslayers.
>>
First for the Free People.
>>
>>48347112
Reminder that SC boxes are for minis people DON'T want to buy sprinkled with some good ones so people see value.
>>
So do all Free People just live in Sigmar's sky city or do they live on the ground like regular people doing regular mortal things?
>>
So I finished my 2000 points of Sylvaneth and started collecting some Moonclan Grots with some back up Gitmob Grot Doom Divers and Wolf chariots/riders as back up. No Squigs, no Orruks, only grots. How fucked am I?
>>
I wanna really highlight the angelic aspects of the Seraphon, whats the best way to go about that in conversions?
>>
>>48347542
I used blue ink on their blue scales, it makes it look like blue light is shining out of the cracks between their scales
>>
>>48347542
>Attempt to find paint refs online
>chance dumpster diving at DA
I was not ready for the.. other seraphon....
>>
>>48347668
Cool idea, any good cheap source on feathers? I cant sculpt greenstuff
>>
>>48347164
>Slaves to Darkness
>Flesh Eaters
>Daemons of Khorne
>Pestilens
>Deathrattle
>Malignants

Does it hurt being so wrong?
>>
>>48347873
>Slaves to Darkness
All old models, only sorc and chariot are relatively new.
>Flesh Eaters
All old models
>Daemons of Khorne
All old models, bloodcrushers are bad rules wise.
>Pestilens
All old models, plague monks are aeons old.
>Deathrattle
All old models
>Malignants
All old models

If they really cared so much about giving customers value, they'd release start collecting kits right when a faction drops. with the new ones coming out they're banking on people seeing the amazing savings!!! and buying stuff they potentially have already or don't need. For example do you think people would buy saurus knights if they weren't in the SC box?

Honestly I love the SC boxes, but people need to realize they aren't there just to give customers great deals, they're to both get new players in and buying the new shiny models or to get old players to buy units they otherwise wouldn't because of all the great deals.
>>
>>48347542
feathers, archaeopteryx style

Mind, that's a lot of fucking work, because you'll have to sculpt that shit on your own.
>>
>>48347164
>blood crushers
>blood blooders
>bloodpriest bloodmeteorhammerblood man
I'm actually considering that box. Stuff I wanted, but not stuff I felt was worth buying at full price.
>>
>>48348074
well considering they're literally free, along with the warriors, I don't think people would mind having them whether they wanted them or not
>>
>>48347227

Both. Free guilds represent any Order aligned human cities
>>
Silver Tower pack and Start Collecting/starter stuff aside, are there places to get good discounts on AoS stuff?
>>
>>48348074
>they'd release start collecting kits right when a faction drops.

>ironjawz
>sylvaneth

appologize now
>>
>>48347433
I guess there are no grot players here
>>
>>48348339
>ironjawz
>>
>>48348339
>ironjaws released months ago
>sylvaneth released a few weeks ago
>GW has already promoted and started their campaign along with the general's handbook release drawing people in
>people already bought stuff
>they drop this now so they can double dip on people who have already gone full sigmar
>Ironjaws have 2/3 new models and sylvaneth have 1/3 new models
>>
>>48348459
>being this mad that he's a poorfag

seriously, nobody foces you to play
>>
>>48348498
if he was a poorfag wouldn't he be tonguing GW's asshole over start collecting boxes regardless of what was in them?
>>
>>48347433
FANATICS

but seriously if you get an araknarok and play smart it's fine
>>
>>48348517
he's literally complaining the start collecting boxes aren't good enough
>>
>>48348498
I play chaos dwarfs and bloodbound. The SC boxes are great, but they're still a business decision and not just a way to give us free stuff.
>>
>>48348531
I'm explaining why people's magical christmasland SC boxes won't happen (fyreslayers in the case of the OP). GW won't give you exactly what you want in the SC boxes because you'll buy that stuff for full price.
>>
>>48348459
I want ironjaws so bad. Are they good and when are their boxes released?
>>
>>48348520
Hmm, was planning on not using any Behemoths since my Sylvaneth has 3 Treemen in it. Was hoping war machines could make up for them. I guess I'll look into it and think of a way to convert it into Night Shamans.
>>
>>48347433
As the other anon said, in less eloquent words, to play Grots, ya need ta be a sneaky git!

Enemies will look down on you. Let em! You have lots of tricks and traps that'll ruin ANY enemies day. DoomDivers ate amazingly accurate, while Stone chucka's have huge damage prediction. But Fanatics and Nasty Skulkers are simply gorkamorka-sends. They let you counter charge, and can do real good damage if you get lucky; they also make your oppenent paranoid attacking in Melee.
>>
>>48348549
yes because as a sylvaneth player there's literally no reason for me to ever collect dryads, branchwyches, or any treelord variant.
>>
fireslayers are shit
>>
>>48348621
If you're an existing sylvaneth player why wouldn't you already have tons of treelords and dryads, they were the only 2 models the faction had for ages.
>>
>Tfw Ironjawz box is all stuff I havent bought for them yet

Man, and I was so close to getting some gore gruntaz the other day
>>
What's a good army to get into that has mostly big models with few fine details besides Ogors. I want to paint the army but my hands shake way too much trying to paint small stuff.
>>
>>48348766
>start collecting
>>
>>48348818
Elves? Slaves to Darkness? They're both relatively easy to paint and carry few details, along with being really Strong dudez.
>>
>>48348818
I'd say Ironjawz.
>>
>>48348818
ironjawz, just load up on brutes
>>
Got a question for anyone who's opened an Ardboys box. Does it come with enough weapons to build a unit with one type, or are you forced to mix it up?
>>
>>48348766
Because "sylvaneth" players have only been around for a few weeks, and anyone who bought durthu before almost certainly only bought one or a couple, not 6+?
>>
>>48349052
You'll need to mix it up with knives and axes, but I think there are enough of those that you won't need to use any maces if you don't want to.
>>
>>48349091
the maces are the best part
>>
>>48348864
Wow, so non-starter players can't buy the starter set either?

>>48349059
They have though, there were 3 sylvaneth players at my local GW long before we knew about new stuff.
>>
>>48347164
>Treelord
>Dryads
>Wych
The only 1 i can see not being in demand is the Wych, and even then i save like 15 quid
>>
How human are stormcasts, lorewise? Do they still need to eat, sleep and shit? Can they take off the armor? Or are they like chaos warriors where they /can/ do all those things but don't need to?
>>
>>48349235
they do sleep, they do fear death as each refoging means they lose a bit of themselves, they have a face under their helmets
>>
>>48349128
I don't think there are enough maces for every boy in the box to get one, even including the big smashas.
>>
>>48349091
My fault for not being clear. What I meant was is there enough, say, shields to have the whole unit have them? Or would I have to mix in some 2 handed axes and dual wielders?
>>
Sigmar noob here. Aren't huge units of 20, or 30 guys a bad thing because the back units will never be able to reach the model they charge in on for their attacks? Sure, you can pile in during the combat phase but it's only 3 inches, not nearly enough to get around a blob of unit and get to the model.

Or am I reading that wrong?
>>
>>48349137
>Wow, so non-starter players can't buy the starter set either?
It fucking says start collecting, why should even the most retarded whiny faggot be so butthurt that the box doesn't cater to players who already have large collections?

>They have though, there were 3 sylvaneth players at my local GW long before we knew about new stuff.
And the store almost without a doubt only carried 2 or so treelords, so they each would have been only able to buy 1 every 2+ weeks as they restock.

You're also lying just to be a fucking obnoxious contrarian shithead on the internet, so of course you're going to tell me how all 3 of those guys totally had all the treelords and dryads they would ever need already.
>>
>>48349273
No, there are not. There are like 6 shields in the box.

>>48349329
This is why huge units usually have weapon options for reach like spears, and very significant bonuses for being in large units like getting more attacks, or buffing their hit or wound rolls.
>>
>>48348891
>>48348878
How does this look?

Orruk Warchanter - 80
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman - 120
Gordrakk, the Fist of Gork - 700
Orruk Brutes x5, Two Brute Smasha's x3, Gore-choppa, Boss Klaw and Brute Smasha - 180
Orruk Brutes x5, Two Brute Smasha's x3, Gore-choppa, Boss Klaw and Brute Smasha - 180
Orruk Gore-gruntas x3, Pig-iron Choppa's - 180
Orruk Gore-grunats x3, Pig-iron Choppa's - 180

Total - 1980
>>
>>48349329
some units only get bonuses when above a certain unit count, and you want to account for taking casualties, so its a bit of give and take. interestingly enough, this is where haivng units on old square bases and blocked up comes in handy because you can pack them tighter than round bases, so more guys can pile in
>>
>>48349370
looks brutal
>>
>>48349340
>be so butthurt that the box doesn't cater to players who already have large collections?
Because the people whining about needing new start collectings and wishlisting shit have armies already, that's entirely my point.

>of course you're going to tell me how all 3 of those guys totally had all the treelords and dryads they would ever need already.
What is forest spirit warhost aka the old start collecting sylvaneth. Unless you're going to tell me you need more than 30 dryads and 3 treelords.
>>
>>48349441
what if you play winds of magic games???????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>48349441
>Because the people whining about needing new start collectings and wishlisting shit have armies already, that's entirely my point.
So your entire point is that you're missing the entire point of the boxes, good for you. My point is that "start collecting" boxes are specifically meant for you to "start collecting". I would have thought that would have been immediately obvious just by reading the big "start collecting" on the front of the box, but it seems that's just too nuanced for some people.

>What is forest spirit warhost aka the old start collecting sylvaneth.
>buy huge battleforce box that costs 3 times the amount as the start collecting box
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOW WHY ISN'T THE START COLLECTING BOX USEFUL FOR ME ANYMORE?!?!?!?!
Gee it's almost like if you buy a huge army box, you've already "started collecting"!

>Unless you're going to tell me you need more than 30 dryads and 3 treelords.
I'm going to tell me that you can always, always use more. Seriously, why aren't you whining about the branchwych? That's the one with the lowest upper limit that you'd ever want to have.
>>
My case for why a Branchwraith is not "summoning" when casting Roused to Wrath:

- Because it never uses the word "summon," nor any variant thereof. It just says "set up."
- How can you pay points for the dryads you're trying to summon when you don't even know how much they will cost until you actually cast the spell and roll 2D6 during the game? Can't we conclude otherwise that it must be a non-summoning spell then?
- A regular unit of Dryads are a minimum of 5 models. What happens if you roll a 4 or less?
- The spell is detailed on the Warscroll for the Branchwraith; not Dryads. IIRC, most summoning spells are listed for the unit being summoned.
- Unlike normal summoning spells, Roused to Wrath has deployment restrictions to a Wyldwood forest within 12" of the caster.
>>
>>48349606
>So your entire point is that you're missing the entire point of the boxes
My entire point is that other people are missing the entire point of the SC boxes, by wishlisting outrageous SC boxes with the perfect combo of units.

>Gee it's almost like if you buy a huge army box, you've already "started collecting"!
It's almost like the people buying sylvaneth realized "hmm, I'm going to buy all this anyways, why not save money?" they weren't brand new players.

>you can always, always use more
This is what I've been saying. You otherwise wouldn't buy the stuff, but you will now because "hell, why not it's cheap and I need a branchwych anyways"
>>
why are we fighting over bargain boxes, why can't we just enjoy our toys
>>
reading the seraphon tome, so are they an army of tulpas?
>>
>>48349777
Because the game's in a good spot right now so we don't have anything relevant to argue over like how shitty saurus warriors were without points or something.
>>
>>48349842
Seriously, the internet must argue, and we are finding fewer things lately to argue about this game.
>>
>>48349879
How's this for a playable (not necessarily great) grot army? I really like fanatics and they look really good, but I assume you don't want to over do it.

20 Night Goblins w/ bows - 120
40 Night Goblins w/ Spears - 240
1 Night Goblin Warboss w/ a Moon-slicer - 80
4 Goblin Fanatics - 120
10 Grot Wolf Riders with Pokin' Spears - 200
2 Doom Diver Catapults - 240

1000/1000
>>
>>48349235
They're super strong, tough as nails, immortal humans. They lose a bit of themselves and their humanity every time they are killed and reforged.
>>
>>48349887
My only actual complaints about the game right now are:

>Several armies are hurt heavily by rules of one (like tzeentch demons) and it's biased towards the newer armies with 6+ free spells.

>"point and click" mortal wounds with no player interaction. Think gunlines are bad in 40k? at least most of the times you can shoot back there and use combat and mobility to get around artillery, but not so much in AoS. Biggest offenders are the hellcannon, flame cannon, magma cannon, warp lightning cannon, and to an extent empire/dwarf cannons.

>teleports, mobility is so lacking for some armies that having the ability to deepstrike anywhere (sometimes just outside 3) is insane. Most armies in 40k can deepstrike but only 1 or 2 can in sigmar. This applies to taking out key targets and capturing objectives.
>>
File: Ironguts.jpg (39KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Ironguts.jpg
39KB, 600x620px
1 lot of 6 Ironguts or 2 lots of 3 at 2500?
>>
So to start a discussion and hopefully turn away from all the bargain box madness taking over the thread; How has the global campaign for the individuals on /Aosg/ been?

I know that Order has such a huge advantage in terms of releases and support, but what stories, if any have you built for your armies? Were there any memorable battles you've fought in?
>>
>>48350155
you probably want like 12 squads of ironguts at 2500 points
>>
>>48350177
I have 4 groups of 6 Ogors, 2x 3 Leadbelchers, A Tyrant, A Gargant and the Ironguts.
>>
>>48350158
>memorable battles
nah I just play my same fights

I did buy some stuff because of the campaign though
>>
>>48350196
I hope you don't run into any powergamers
>>
>>48350158
managed to get teclis set up in a dreadstone blight during first season of war match. that was entertaining as fuck.

relevant details:
dreadstone blight improves arcane bolt when cast nearby, in addition to normal effects: 7+ casting does D6 mortal, 9+ does 6 flat. and the piece gives mages in 3" +1 casting result
teclis adds 2 to his casting rolls by default, and doubles range of spells if he beats casting value by 3 or more

end result: roll a 6+, instant 36" 6 mortal wounds wizard cannon. it was a bit busted, but did help put down 2 bastilodons so I can't complain too much.
>>
>>48349702
I think we must have started arguing against one poster and ended up arguing at each other.
>>
>>48348218
so Free People cities exist in many of the different realms?
>>
>>48350267
AS of now, yes. The Free People are building colonies and settlements in the liberated parts of the Mortal Realms. The best examples are the three cities in Ghyran.
>>
So decided to spruce up a realm gate and make it more skavenish. HOW'S IT LOOK?
>>
>>48350286
Not done. Still a WiP
>>
>>48350267
Yeah. I mean, we don't know much about them right now, but we know they exist and they are pretty much in ever realm.

we're just coming out of a Chaos ruled age, most of those non-Chaos left are freed slaves and those civilisations that managed to hold against Chaos.

There's also

>>48350284

Ones from Azyrheim (Sigmar's City) making cities and settlements in the freed areas.
>>
File: 1468694103733.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1468694103733.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
>>48349640
Pic related.
>>
File: KadaiiIronCircle.png (209KB, 433x426px) Image search: [Google]
KadaiiIronCircle.png
209KB, 433x426px
Mockup for my Chaos dwarf mecha bull centar conversion. Obviously going to be covering up all of the sensors, replacing most of the hammer with hex rod to match the rest of the chaos dwarf's weapons, and replacing the wire with steam pipe-style tubing and adding the smokestacks from the forgefiend. Any thoughts on modelling and/or what to count it as rules wise? I was thinking a slaughterbrute could work well for it, or a skullcracker. Modelling-wise my main concern is how to do the body, since the forgefiend body is more insect-like and its tail isn't very animal-like.
>>
>>48350410
this looks terrible senpai
>>
why have they released more orcs when they still havent brought out elves yet
>>
>>48350466
Let's be constructive, what's terrible about it?
>>
>>48350478
Aelfs come after. It's story-related, Anon.

when we get to the realm of Light and Shadows and telling us what's up with Slaanesh, then there shall be Aelfs.
>>
File: 20140321_015741.jpg (336KB, 1160x1379px) Image search: [Google]
20140321_015741.jpg
336KB, 1160x1379px
>>48350284
so settlement and colonizing game mechanic when????
>>
>>48350501
fuck the story i want to see if the elves are worth collecting or not
>>
>>48350519
Not this stupid picture again. Every fucking thread.
>>
>>48350547
i think its cool
>>
>>48350543
Look at the Silver Tower Aelfs. There's a taste.
>>
>>48349640
>- Because it never uses the word "summon," nor any variant thereof. It just says "set up."

I can't find the picture again but if i remember correctly in the actual wording of the summoning restrictions it never actually mentions the word 'summoning' either but "that let you set up a new unit" or something similar. So your own argument points to Roused to Wrath being limited by the GHs summoning restriciotn.

Hopefully they'll clarify what is and isn't summoning in the FAQ that comes with the GH.
>>
>>48350393
Thanks Anon! That settles that.
>>
>>48350562
ah fuck off why are they so blatantly dark elf inspired
>>
>>48350490
it looks like a 40k model
>>
>>48350599
Because they're probably both from the Realm of Shadow.

There's also probably going to be plenty of ones from the Realm of Light.

Both Realms are run by what used to be Elves in the old world.
>>
>>48350599
Because the time for bright looking high elves is over and eldar sell more
>>
>>48350599
Because half of the new elves will be living in the realm of shadows and the other one in the realm of light. Since the shadow ones will come first they put them in the Silver Tower.
>>
>>48350599
>>48350620

Teclis and Tyrion for Light, Morathi and Malekith now called Malerion for Shadow.
>>
>>48350620
>Because they're probably both from the Realm of Shadow.
Not just probably. The fluff for both states they're from Uglu.
>>
>>48350661
Ulgu. In case there's confusion. Not Uglu.
>>
>>48350620
>>48350642
>>48350660
Alright guess I just have to keep waiting to see what my High Elves turned into.
>>
>>48350604
We'll by the time I'm done with it the goal is to get it to look close to the maulerfiend or soul grinder. A lot of the sensors need to go and I'm completely remaking the weapon. I don't really think a steam robot kind of thing would be too much for fantasy since we have the soul grinder and animated armor like the kadaii.
>>
what is your army's theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxnPM-1CBLQ
>>
File: 20160718_232508.jpg (455KB, 1594x897px) Image search: [Google]
20160718_232508.jpg
455KB, 1594x897px
Working on my Age of Sigmarâ„¢ Orrukâ„¢Ironjawzâ„¢Brutesâ„¢
>>
I want to remake the Ripperdactyles into Archeoptryx like critters, what are some good guids on making feathers, be in green stuff or just finding them from a cheap kit
>>
>>48350808
Mine. Dispossessed allied stormcast eternals.

https://youtu.be/Sv0Cv8y6nZI
>>
>>48350808
Highborn / Eldritch Council / Draconis Cavalry list: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-QLl5qjLg

before people say that should be for stormcast, I see stormcast more as Invincible / To Glory from the same artist, heavier drum section for those.
>>
>>48348603
Ok goblin question, based on legacy warscrolls, looks like -though ambiguous, skulkers are normal goblin only not moonclan. But with the keywords used in the unit point listings in GHB leaks, it looks more like you can put skulkers in moonclan goblin units.

What is the answer? Has this been made more clear in a destruction book or something?
>>
>>48350889
GHB states you can only use warscrolls with a listed points value, so you'd use the "nasty skulkers" entry and be limited to gitmob grots units by that warscroll.

the only time keywords come into play is requirements for warscroll battlations that don't have points costs listed, in which case you use the closest matching keywords, even if it is now a different subfaction.
>>
>>48350808
Seraphon starter army https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dVqkl_Jp4Y wish I could remake Vertigo
>>
Hey, Death players, what do you all think of Nagash now that the points are out as well as the new summoning rules and the three rules of one?
>>
File: crappy food.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
crappy food.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>48350808
>>48350865
>>48350879
>>48350986

All these cool songs and I decide on Food, Glorious Food from Oliver.

Ogors and Gargants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSjZ-x7yZj4
>>
Why did GW decide to be so goddamn stingy with the generic Battleline units?
I was thinking about making a Death army that is composed of only vampires and spooky ghosts, but to be able to play pitched battles I need to take either skeletons, zombies or ghouls as battleline. I definitely don't want skeletons or zombies and I'm not super fond of the ghouls either. It's so annoying how restrictive it feels when you want to mix sub-factions together.
>>
>>48350410
I like it, would remove the shield though.
>>
WARSCROLLS!

Being a patient but ultimately sad chap, I've downloaded all of the warscrolls available from GW site

Whats the best way to host em? Mega.nz?
Individual files in categorised folders?

I've merged a bunch into loose faction PDF's and the end result is like the (as yet unscanned) 'grand alliance books' but without any extras like battalions.

anyone interested?
>>
>>48350996
By RAW he could be argued to still get double of all the shit he summoned, so he's still the most powerful necro in the game, as he straight-up doubles your reinforcment pool points. That really needs to be clarified in the FAQ though, since it could be interpreted either way.
Otherwise he is still a trmendously powerful caster that can easily stack absurd casting modifiers and nick powerful blasting or utility spells while still being durable and punchy.
He's not the absurd bullshit he was previously, and he's not really worth 900 (more like 700 or so), but now you can actually field him without everybody hating your guts and without needing three additional armies just to actually field his deluge of summons.
>>
>>48351422
Sure, the app is kinda wonky on my device and an actual warscroll pdf for the stuff that's without a battletome yet would be neat.
>>
>>48348818
Stormcast Eternals. Buy a Mettalic spray, some wash and some colours for the trims. Presto.
>>
File: 1468704643913.jpg (478KB, 1600x1498px) Image search: [Google]
1468704643913.jpg
478KB, 1600x1498px
>>48350808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talf76Y1eV8

GO OME AN BE A FAMILY GIT
>>
>>48350410

I agree with >>48350466, it looks 40k in a bad way. Whats bad about it is 1- its way to much 40k, just one look and you instantly see its a futuristic robot. 2- the armor designs are two completely different sets, and you just don't miss this. Its like being one part goth, and one part hippie, they just don't match at all. 3- its way to expensive for what it brings to the table, not to mention you would have to soak yourself in work.

So unless your a master with green stuff, and have a well paid job to just throw money at stuff like this, just forget about this idea.
>>
>>48348818
as someone else who has handshakes from prior medical stuff, the best way to combat that is to make sure your work surface is level with your chest so you're not bending over, then find something you can lock your wrists against (I use the drawer chest I keep my paints in). combine with a swingarm lamp and you can paint with the best of them after some practice, most of the hand shake is in the wrist, so keep those still and practice!
>>
>>48350833

I like them. Not to found of the official colors, but that big boss shoulder skull looks awesome!
The red looks really good, but you could use some more work on some of the yellow flames.
>>
>>48351251

Make your own test rules of a "vampire coven" and go nuts on friends.
If there ever was a game that would allow for home brew rules, its AoS...
>>
File: thundervsstone.jpg (114KB, 1055x499px) Image search: [Google]
thundervsstone.jpg
114KB, 1055x499px
Hello, Anons,

Yesterday I asked which was better, the Thundertusk or the Stonehorn.

An anon shot back to me, "The thundertusk spits out D6 mortal wounds in the shooting face, build it and never look back"

Well today I wrote a program which crunched the numbers, rolling dice for every attack, going through tens of millions of shooting phases and close combat phases to determine the average damage output of fully healthy beasts against various armour saves.

As I originally expected with basic mathhammer the upgrades do not matter. (ie chaintrap, blood vulture, harpoon launcher are all fairly similar in terms of raw damage output)

With an Enemy Save of 4+
Stonehorn Harpoon Launcher average damage: 10.1864083 wounds caused
Stonehorn Chain Trap average damage: 10.4085327 wounds caused
Stonehorn Hunting Spear average damage: 10.6293965 wounds caused
Stonehorn Blood Vulture average damage: 10.7396234 wounds caused

Thundertusk w/ Chain Trap average damage: 9.8516149 wounds caused
Thundertusk w/ Blood Vulture average damage: 10.1857365 wounds caused

However if you take into account that you fight in the opponent's melee phase as well the stonehorn quickly becomes much better. (on average 21 with a hunting spear and 20 with other stuff, while the thundertusk only manages an average of 13)

And the stonehorn is faster, and it runs and charges in the same turn, and the stonehorn takes half damage.

I'm not satisfied 100% so I'm going to expand the program to simulate fights, and I'll tally up how many of specific model profiles each beast takes down before dying (incorporating the ongoing damage and weakening of the beasts).

When that's done I'm going to introduce range simulation.
>>
>>48351562
I have nothing to add to your post, but your comment about "part hippie, part goth" prompted me to look into that out of sheer curiosity. Turns out there is a whole hippie goth sub-subculture. Apparently it is a preferred style for eco-conscious goths that like wicca and 'magic with a k'. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but somehow I am still kinda baffled.
>>
>>48351606
What's important to remember though in the current GH they refrence Beastriders, Frostlords and Huskards, and the differences of each aren't exactly clear, it probably comes down to old WHFB kit upgrade stuff but we'll never know.
>>
>>48351606
Interesting, but not really unexpected. The thundertusk is mostly (and rightly) feared for the flat 6 Mortal Wounds when unharmed, which is a death sentece for every hero stepping into its range.

>>48351693
Rumor has it that we'll get two-rider stonehorns and one-rider hero thundertusks, i.e. another shuffling of the options within the kit.
>>
>>48351731
>Rumor has it that we'll get two-rider stonehorns and one-rider hero thundertusks, i.e. another shuffling of the options within the kit.

I doubt that very much, since the point costs are very level.

I think it will be just different command abilities
>>
>>48350284
so, are humans maping the 8 realms or is already known their size? are the realms plantes or an endless series of continents on an infinite plane? i am so confuse
>>
Hey guys, quick question: In your opinion, which are the top three melee infantry heroes in the game? I mean, purely by themselves, not in terms of what they bring to the army.
After seeing a Sunblood savage my troops yesterday I kinda started wondering.
By gut feeling I'd think Sunblood and Megaboss are probably up there, right?
>>
>>48351780
the realms are whatever the stories need them to be

they're just a reason for there to be endless war without actual plot advances

don't get me wrong, I love the story aos has and the campaigns, but warhammer will exist for years with armies battling
>>
>>48351786
I've fought against a sunblood enough to know that it's not a sunblood

like if a sunblood waddles into a unit unprepared it's not that impressive

if it's re-rolling to hit and re-rolling its saves then eh, maybe
>>
File: image.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
80KB, 500x421px
>tfw multiply shitposted these threads for the first few months but Forge World is handling Horus Heresy so incompetently while GW's actually improving AoS that it's starting to push me towards the game

Pls no bully lads, I'm sorry.
>>
>people who always used named characters no matter what

Am I the only one who is bothered by that? I am only dusting off ol' Thanquol when we do really big games and prefere to go with my own general most of the time. But so many people just want to play their named fucks and I doubt it is because they like the fluff of those characters.
>>
>>48351251
Yeah, some pretty glaring spots where they could of put in a bit more "if this your leader then this other shit is battleline" or similar.

I heard that if you run the spooky ghost starter box, you can't have host ghosts as battleline if you run the mortis engine... Wuuut.
>>
>>48351606
I don't get why you're wasting so much effort on this when there is a decent change that the new Thundertusks and Stonehorns will be very different.
>>
>>48351804
Forgive and forget
>>
>>48351933
>I heard that if you run the spooky ghost starter box, you can't have host ghosts as battleline if you run the mortis engine... Wuuut.

You only get spirit hosts as battleline if you have Nighthaunt alliegiance. Currently, the Mortis Engine does not have a Nighthaunt keyword.
It's possible that with the GH release there will be new warscrolls that have some keyword changes. So the mortis engine could become both deeathmages and nighthaunt, Neferata could get the Soulblight keyword in addition to deathlords and things like that.
Doesn't seem super likely but one can hope.
>>
better res new 'start collecting' boxes

http://www.miniwars.eu/2016/07/start-collecting.html
>>
>>48351804
No need to apologise, we were all like that at some point. Welcome friend.
>>
>>48351786
I'd say, in no particular order:
Dwarf Lord
Orruk Megaboss
Grimwrath Berzerker
>>
>>48351983
Any of these close to the value saved as the Seraphon box?
>>
>>48351804
i'm pretty sure a majority of the people here hated it at start anon
>>
>>48352085
dwarf lord?
>>
>>48352166
I've seen dwarf lords on shieldbearers do unholy things to their enemies. Unfortunately dwarf lords are apparently warden kings now, and i can't find their old warscroll. Damn shame.
>>
Phoenix guard anointed are pretty nasty as far as heroes go, especially on a frostheart phoenix
Hellishly durable with decent rend
>>
>>48352201
Check the compendium in the rules section, where you find the aos 4 page rules,
>>
File: Dwarf Lord.png (258KB, 795x565px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Lord.png
258KB, 795x565px
>>48352241
Seems I'm blind, thank you.
>>
>>48350808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeydRJxaCzU
>>
>>48352600
Forgot to ad, my Sylvaneth are swamp themed. Lots of dryads.
>>
tactic question:
what are those 6" pile-in moves from special rules for? I have to pile in to the closest model and I have to be in 3" to pile-in...
I don't really get it.
>>
>>48351780
The realms are confusing as fuck. For the most part they are vast planes with tons of continents on them, but you also have planets and floating continent and multiple Suns that might actually be godbeasts. There are also places in chamon and shyish at least that are vast caverns and the "sky" is just the ground above. The realms all touch each other to some extent and there is a void you can travel through to get between the . and the stars seems in the skies (but not the Suns) are all from Azyr. They're pretty much like the realms of chaos but tailored to one wind each. Trying to map it out in terms that make sense to us will drive you mad
>>
File: The Mortal Realms (lore).png (1MB, 4016x684px) Image search: [Google]
The Mortal Realms (lore).png
1MB, 4016x684px
>>48351780
>>48352711
>>
>>48351780
The setting is confusing as fuck. And endles is a pretty flexible term in GW fluff. The warp is supposed to be endless and fucking Skaven still managed to gnaw to the bottom of it.
>>
>>48350808
Free People
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5BL4RNFr58
>>
>>48352732
>>48352711
>>48351780

The Mortal Realms are just like the planes in Magic the Gathering right?
>>
>>48348074
> Old Models
not that fucking old, and most of them still look friggin amazing,
>>
File: 55132415.jpg (484KB, 780x1144px) Image search: [Google]
55132415.jpg
484KB, 780x1144px
>>48350808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZ8bOV3W0A
>>
>>48352638
>6" pile-in moves
If da model kan fly, 'a should flip 'ver enemy, leave zpace for ya friends to pile in...
>>
building a list based on the freeguild batallion at 2000 points
cant fit 3 units of 20 handgunners and 3 units of 20 guardsmen, so which ones should I have at 10 dudes instead, the guard or the handgunners?
>>
>>48352844
guardsmen definitely
handgunners + general on horseback's command ability is amazing
>>
>>48351780
I'm also confused how it works. Is there like any ground at all in the realm of heavens and does everyone need to head over to the realm of metal to get their hands on raw material for their weapons?
>>
>>48352638
For units is useful, as you can pile in more of the unit. For heroes its worthless unless you have a stipulation that you can ignore intervening models or the like. The Noble on Griffon has something like that and the Knight-Questor can be read as such.
>>
2000 points of flesh eater courts
praying to the geedubs gods the start collecting box will have the stuff I need to go with the King Vlagorescus Ghoulish Host box

HEROES
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (400)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (100)
Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)
UNITS
Crypt Ghouls x 20 (200)
Crypt Ghouls x 20 (200)
Crypt Ghouls x 20 (200)
Crypt Horrors x 6 (280)
Crypt Flayers x 3 (160)
MONSTERS
Terrorgheist (320)

Total: 2000 pts
>>
>>48351804
Hey, I hated it too just until a month ago. The Sylvaneth, Flesheater Court and having a point system kinda won me over.
>>
>>48350808
someone had to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vljHBXA3UKE
>>
>>48350808
My Khorne dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1K94DLwWhA
>>
So insane question but I want to get back into warhammer as I have been gone for quite a while. Would AoS be a better fit that 40k? I did have a small Empire army back in the day.
>>
>>48352993
Depends on what you want from the game, really. Neither is much like WHFB, but both have their own strengths.
AoS is fairly sleek in terms of rules and can be played quickly; 40k on the other hand has a very comprehensive ruleset.
>>
>>48348074
You have a weird definition of old...
>>
>>48353030
Probably because he's 12 and a few years is a significant portion of his life.
>>
>>48348074
Is old bad by default? A lot of those kits are still great.
>>
>>48348230
wayland games
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 250x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 250x252px
So no one is gonna topple Order, right?
>>
>>48353237
In the Living City and Phoenicium there's been some pushback and Order is no longer at 50%.
>>
>>48353315
But non of the other 3 factions are close to 50%, so order still is way ahead in the game.
>>
>>48353237
>>48353315
If anyone can chase order down, it looks like chaos at the moment. They're sitting at around 25% (as far as my shitty eyes can tell) in all three locations.
>>
>>48353354
Death and Destruction is not in the starter box so I'm not surprised that there is a lot of Chaos players around.
>>
>>48350808
I play Ogors, looking forward to the upcoming reboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFzeYoaJB3g
>>
>>48353498
kek
>>
>>48351606
Thundertusk doesn't deal D6 Mortal Wounds.

It deals 6 mortal wounds.

It is a (nearly) guaranteed 18" hero snipe in every shooting phase.
>>
>2015
>hate stormcast
>2016
>building a stormcast army

WHAT DID GW DO TO ME
>>
>>48352874
You still have to pile in on the closest enemy model, even with flying you can't just ignore whatever is closest to you.
>>
>>48353561
>It is a (nearly) guaranteed 18" hero snipe in maybe one shooting phase, until it takes a cannonball to the face, which is usually immediatly.
Fixed that for you, senpai.
>>
>>48349982
In my experience, your second and third complaint cancel each other out, as the best way of dealing with point-and-click units is to teleport something into combat with them.

Take Tree-Revenants, who are too expensive to stand up to anything in a straight-up fight but have just enough killing power to overkill artillery crew and the necessary special rules to teleport behind them and charge right then and there.
>>
File: Noble.png (425KB, 878x1245px) Image search: [Google]
Noble.png
425KB, 878x1245px
>>48353582
Welcome to Azyrheim, brother.

>>48353587
The Noble can pile-in wherever he wants, and the Knight-Questor *must* move closer to a hero when piling in 6", so both can profit from it, though, admittedly, the latter is an edge-case on which I sent a clarification request to the AoS facebook.
>>
>>48351813
Well, it really depends on the person and the character. I play Gutrot Spume and Bloab Rotspawned. Gutrot is because I love the idea of rotting pirates and adding plague and underwater themes, which I patterned my whole army after.
Bloab is mainly because I wanted a Nurgle-looking monster, I fell in love with the Pox Maggoth and there simply is no generic Maggoth Lord, so I took the one whose rules and fluff I preferred.

Similarly, I'm totally okay with people tossing their favorite character at me.

And I'm actually looking forward to our store manager tossing Neferata onto the table once she's all painted up.

But I agree, people who toss Glottkin or Archaon into 1000 points just because of WAAC sperging can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>48353649
Some models specifically say you can do stuff with that extra range, like the HE Prince and the Knight Questor.

Other models just say "you can pile in 6"" which is basically useless because you need to be within 3" to pile in and you have to pile on the closest model.
>>
>>48351786
>Vampire Lord (brutal melee, regen and magic)
>Megaboss (ded 'ard and ridiculous damage output)
>Doombull (even isolated, he is an incredible wrecking ball with a fast as hell 7" Move)
>Gutrot Spume (high damage with good to great hit and wound rolls across the board, tough as nails and can disarm opponents)
>Ogroid Thaumaturge (even ignoring his excellent unique spell, he's fast, tough, heals and has an impressive damage output)

Sunblood is fun as hell but needs lots of support to be powerful, so I wouldn't put him on this list
>>
>>48353698
Oh, totally. I mean, a unit with a 6" pile in still can make use of this, but on a hero it's junk without other skills that enable moving around while piling in.
>>
>>48353698
>you have to pile on the closest model.
Nah, not quite. You have to pile in in a way that you end the pile in move closer to the closest enemy model that you started it. It specifically does not say "move straight toward the closest enemy model".
Though I do agree, the only really good extra pile-in is stuff like Scyla, who can move over enemies and can pile in so that he ends close to more enemies than he started.
>>
>>48353728
>Gutrot Spume
Good call, totally forgot about him.
>>
Just places an order for more Gas mask bits. Soon i can add, 9 Globadiers tomy Skryre army.

Has anyone used them in the game before? Was planning on running them in 2 units of 5 (after I get the final head) for both battleline and the Skryre battalion stuff.
>>
>>48351606
Wait until they get an update next after bonesplitters. Their warscrolls might change, if bonesplitters and flesh eater courts are any indication
>>
>>48353582

>2016
>Still hates Stormcast Eternals

but I fancy having a go at trying to make them look more understated in colour, and take those silly helmets off. Will probably buy the new Storm of sigmar box to satisfy that itch
>>
>>48352201
The dwarf lord on foot is the warden king, but the dwarf lord on shieldbearers is in the legacy warscrolls, and has its own points entry in the General's handbook. It's 160 points if it's on the shieldbearers
>>
File: Lords-Relictor.jpg (257KB, 958x847px) Image search: [Google]
Lords-Relictor.jpg
257KB, 958x847px
Question, /tg/: I keep looking at the left Lord-Relictor and I feel he's missing something. Should I put some candles onto the relinquary/banner?
>>
>>48353802
Well, before the whole matched play stuff was dropped, I thought about taking a 10 man unit and hiding them behind a double line of Stormvermin. Anything that dares to get close to the already killy Stormvermin also gets 10 christmas ornaments full of poisonous smoke in the face.
>>
>>48353869
please stop posting these shit models every day.
>>
>>48353869
I don't think the wing obscuring his head works. Either the wings need to be angled differently or the pole needs to be longer. Something so his head isn't hidden in shadow.
>>
>>48353888
Shame that I don't play against very many horde armies. Poison wind shenanigans against hordes are awesome
>>
>>48353869
>I keep looking at the left Lord-Relictor and I feel he's missing something

A terminator base.
>>
>>48353561
yeah I've been crunching the stats with straight 6 mortal wounds senpai, trust me that it's not that amazing and when you roll that 1 it's really really bad
>>
>>48353806
>wait

>W A I T

summer campaign, I want to play with toys, I already have the kit, worst case scenario I buy another kit
>>
>>48354100
If you dont see the value of having a 83% chance to instantly kill an enemy hero then youre a retard
>>
>>48353806
>Their warscrolls might change

they already have points senpai, not going to change
>>
>>48354127
but you can just charge it with a stonehorn and it'll die? and then the model with twice as many wounds, much faster move speed and much more damage, is still around to be goat
>>
>>48354075
Anon, it's hip to be square.
>>
>>48354146
good luck charging through a wall of infantry

do you know what doesnt have that problem? a shooting attack from a thundertusk
>>
>>48354189
you know what will kill the wall of infantry? the stonehorn

you know what won't? the thundertusk
>>
>>48354189
A thundertusk that will eat any bullet, arrow and cannonball from the word go, sure. That 6 Mortal Wounds won't be around for long, that I can tell you from experience.
>>
>>48351804
no problem bruh
>>
>>48353869
Well he definitely fits the theme and If I were to see that accross the table, I would rightly assume it was a lord-relictor. My only issue is the death angel thing topping the staff is a bit... big. Like it dwarfs the model kinda. But it works as a lord-relictor. Interesting conversion.
>>
>>48352814
Dat's ded cunnin'
>>
Tried to make a bone cape for my flesh eater courts ghoul king (will be on a terrorgheist). Not sure if it works, thoughts?
>>
>>48354136
>not going to change
Both sylvaneth and bonsplitterz change a lot.
>>
there any good online places where I can still get brettonian stuff?
>>
>>48354136
Yeah each time lately stuff gets updated, their warscrolls changed enough. It's likely those points are for the unreleased warscrolls and not for as they are now
>>
>>48354417
bonesplitterz don't change luv
>>
>>48354444
What are you talking about? Look at the bonesplitters as they were in the grand alliance destruction book, then compare them to the new warscrolls on the gw website. They changed a lot.
>>
>>48354415
I quite like it
>>
>>48354415
That's pretty cool. I might steal that idea. What bones did you use?

I gave my king the spine pony tail from the bloodsecrator and a wulfen pack leader head to style him up.
>>
So will the points be added to the app on the 23rd? Any hope for big changes to the My Battle tool? Would be cool if it calculated total points as well.
>>
>>48354444
>lost warpaint
>everything now 2+ wounds
>big stabba now separate unit instead of special weapon upgrade
>a bunch of new anti-monster abilities
Yep, I see no changes here.
>>
>>48354463
Think most if not all are from crypt horror sprues. original idea was to give him a bone crown but looked a bit weird.
>>
>>48354444
>bonesplitterz don't change

Da boyz zhange a lut, more wound, more choppin', even more choppaz!

... fine, they have more wound, new abilities, and no so new units.
>>
>>48354415
I would greenstuff sinews and strands of hair that ties it together.
>>
>>48354455
>why did they even sell the book
>>
>>48354477
Is it needed that we have anti Monster armies? And what faction will be the anti artillery faction?
>>
>>48354475
nope
>>
>>48354501
points will not be in the app?
>>
>>48354495
lots of models have anti-monster rules
>>
>>48354508
nope, they're an optional way to play :^)
>>
>>48354512
Might make monsters a little bit too weak or those armies far too situational... I like the scourgerunner chariot but I'm not a big fan of the whole Bonesplitterz focus on hunting monsters.
>>
>>48354540
>but I'm not a big fan of the whole Bonesplitterz focus on hunting monsters.

>I'm not a fan of a core trait of bonesplitterz

maybe greenskinz or ironjawz is more your speed lad
>>
>>48354508
they will, ignore that retard
>>
>>48354552
no they won't
>>
>>48354490
I'm very inexperienced with greenstuff so I'm afraid I'd mess it up :(
>>
>>48354549
Nah I just mean that it's seems a too narrow focus for a faction, like design wise. It's cool for single units. The fluff side of it is cool, but for instance in my army I hardly ever field a monster.
>>
>>48354552
different retard, here. But there has been no indication ever that points will be in the app, or that they will be on future warscrolls. Points will likely be only in the GHB and future editions of the GHB as a way of providing 'new editions' of the game.
>>
you guys realize that points are the smallest part of the general's handbook right?
>>
File: zsnikch.jpg (32KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
zsnikch.jpg
32KB, 600x620px
>>48354495
>And what faction will be the anti artillery faction?

Eshin.

Death-death to all machine-things.
>>
>>48351562
Thabks for the feedback. I'm picking up the domitar-ferrum for like $20 so money isn't a massive concern. I think if I use the extra forgefiend armor to spike up the top half to match that'll help a lot with the different styles. The best way I can think of to make it less 40k is to greenstuff some fire between the joints to give it a kadaii sort of look.
>>
>>48354604
Would be cool:

> Eshin
> Shadowblades
> Nighthaunts?
> Spiderfang Grots?
> Beastmen/Brayherd?
>>
>>48354495
>And what faction will be the anti artillery faction?

just bring back misfires, have artillery kill themselves
>>
>>48354640
>>48354604

Sylvaneth could have had an anti warmachine focus
>>
>>48354584
>>48354559

they explicitly said they will be in the app you fucking retards
>>
>>48354771
if they said so, where did they say so
>>
SILVER TOWER POINTS WHEN REEEEEEEEEEE

>I want my ogroid thaumateurge.
>>
>>48354788
>spoonfeed me pls
>>
>>48354897
>doesn't provide proof
>>
>>48354923
>makes dumb claim contrary to common knowledge
>doesnt provide proof

wew
>>
>>48354597
also the most important
>>
File: nagash betrayal.png (285KB, 478x604px) Image search: [Google]
nagash betrayal.png
285KB, 478x604px
>>48354415
>I hate that edgyghoul
>>
>>48354851
When the tzeentch stuff gets released as standalone kits, I assume.
>>
>>48354937
>contrary to common knowledge
>gw giving out points
>for free
>common

lmao
>>
>>48354937
Burden of proof is on you, moron. Your argument of "everyone knows this" holds no ground.
>>
>>48354937
burden of proof is on you friendo
>>
>>48354937
>googles aos app points
>nothing comes up
>just reddit posts about 3rd party points
>>
warseer offline?
>>
are sigmarines cool now?
was thinking getting some when they release the new starter set
>>
File: ch.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ch.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>48355182
>he doesn't know
>>
File: 20160719_115041.png (128KB, 1070x530px) Image search: [Google]
20160719_115041.png
128KB, 1070x530px
Hardly confirmation of anything, but somebody asked on Facebook yesterday and this was the response.
>>
What's the current overpowered bullshit in AoS?
>>
>>48354565
Well, it's a good medium to practise with on lesser models then. I have gotten the hang of it and now I'm doing some fairly basic stuff like beards and pelts without much fuzz.
>>
>>48355235
The answer was always money.
>>
>>48355231
Pray do tell.
>>
>>48351251
>Why did GW decide to be so goddamn stingy with the generic Battleline units?

People wanted restrictions and "balance".
>>
>>48355284
The way I heard it, GW lawyered up and burnt that sinkhole to the ground.
After doing a quick look around though, some say it was database corruption and some say it's back. Now I have no idea.
>>
>>48352769
No.
They're big places in space, not different planes of reality.
>>
How is Be'lakor in AoS? 2+ ignoring rends is pretty easy to get with Shield and cover, but if the opponent can put out lots of Mortal Wounds he seems a bit weak overall.
>>
>>48355318
I hope it dies horribly, bitching all the way to hell
>>
File: 948528294.jpg (664KB, 1172x819px) Image search: [Google]
948528294.jpg
664KB, 1172x819px
>Starter set
>Gorechosen
>Start collecting!

Feels good to be Bloodbound.
>>
>>48355235
seraphon
>>
>>48355483
why?
>>
>>48355394
Hell no! The dwellers of the pit will be free to infect other boards.
>>
>>48355498
It's bullshit in open play, but it's been dialed back a ton in matched play
>>
>>48355558
>they're OP in the format without balance
okey
>>
So is there any reason with Flesh Eater Courts to not just buy start collecting kits and nothing else? Like, five to seven start collecting kits?
>>
>>48355558
uh nope, seraphon still get +1 to their BATTLELINE SAURUS GUARD SAVE

and skin priests are the best wizards in comp play because a prayer isn't a spell

re-rollable 2+ saves ladz
>>
>>48355590
>So is there any reason with Flesh Eater Courts to not just buy start collecting kits and nothing else?

Depends on how you like your ratios.
>>
>>48355590

Get some square bases too so it's backward compatible... But yeah other than that? No. You get the Terrorgheist for £1.50. Even if you don't actually want seven Terrorgheists (And why the fuck not?) You can scalp it to get some of your money back.
>>
>>48355498
Saurus Guard are nutty and are battleline

Skink priests giving re-rollable save, can attempt prayers easy peasy

Saurus Guard get +1 to their save by standing next to a hero

They ignore rend-1 because "balance"

3+ or 2+ save (if in cover) (probably re-rollable) which ignores rend 1 and kicks out 2 attacks at rend 1 and 1 attack at 5/4 is bonkers, what stands against that?

Then you get insights if you want to cast spells or saves

Sunblood giving re-rollable to hits means you straight up maul whatever you point at
>>
>>48355653
>Get some square bases

Square bases a shit.
Just use round compatible movement trays.
Did it for a long time as a daemon player.
>>
>>48355689

A lot of the Sigmar round bases are oversized for the model they come with. Dryads on 32s, for example.
>>
>>48355627
>he still doesnt know how to counter saurus guard

lol
>>
>>48355590

Not a Sigmar fan at all, but having read Flesh Eater Courts book I kinda want to make an army that isn't half-assed like the fluff in that book, but actually dresses in tattered finery and holds rusted swords like someone with the delusions described in the book clearly would.

(Seriously, they made a fluff update that doesn't fit the current models -at all-)

Also, names and titles fitting their delusions too. Someone who fervently thinks he's a nobleman won't call himself something like "Gristlespew" for fuck's sale.
>>
>>48355797
>Someone who fervently thinks he's a nobleman won't call himself something like "Gristlespew" for fuck's sale.

They're nobility from a vampire kingdom and demented as well.
>>
>>48355797
>(Seriously, they made a fluff update that doesn't fit the current models -at all-)

They think their stuff is finery. That's the point. They think the meat and bone to be gold and treasure. They think their wretched dwelling palaces and gardens.
>>
>>48355861
I feel like this would be an awesome fluff detail for flayed ones
>>
>>48355861

Yes, and they don't dress the part of someone with that delusion. It's half assed.
>>
>>48355875
Their description reminded me of Lord Enfleshed the Flayer King from the Damnos novel when I first read it.
>>
>>48355946
>Yes, and they don't dress the part of someone with that delusion.

They think they do though, because they're delusional.
>>
>>48349059
Well, there is the Forest Spirit Warhost box set, which had 2 units of Dryads, 3 Treelords and a Branchwraith.
That was released back when AoS started, and I am sure I am not the only person to have bought it, considering you basically got one of the Treemen for free.
>>
>>48355350
Your wrong there. They are different planes, there was a mention somewhere of the real of life and fire rubbing up against each other and causing a continuous rain of ash
>>
>>48356049
>Your wrong there. They are different planes

They are not.
Azyr can be seen in the skies of the other realms and you can fly between the realms through space.
>>
>>48355946
Because they already think they are dressed in finery. That's the whole point. It's show how far they have fallen that they think their nakedness and bone and stone weapons are actual noble gear and arms. If they dress themselves even in tatters or real equipment it would subtract from their wretchedness.
>>
>>48356144
At best you could have one wearing something stupid, thinking they liberated some long lost artefact of their kingdom from the enemy.
>>
>>48355984

Buddy, you could half ass anything with that as your excuse. A delusion should be a warped parody, not not even trying.
>>
>>48356205
Just admit you're wrong.
>>
>>48356084
I think that's more like a mirage, otherwise you could travel between them without real gates! And how would scaven burrow between the realms?
>>
>>48355627
>what are mortal wounds
>>
>>48356274
>otherwise you could travel between them without real gates!

You can. See Gutrot Spume, space pirate.

>And how would scaven burrow between the realms?

Through space a time. Blight City half exists in the realm of Chaos.
>>
>>48355457
Preordered the Storm of Sigmar set today, mainly to Bretonnianize the Stormcast, but I'm considering how to paint the bloodcunts too.

Any ideas?
>>
Have been thinking about two paint schemes for my Ironjawz, red with yellow or the black metallic one. Gonna go with red, mostly because I am a bit tired of painting black, since I painted a lot of Black Guard recently.
>>
>>48356255

>I call a book's fluff lazily justified
>You parrot back the shit I read in the first place as if that's a counterargument

Uh-huh.

The ghoul models fit the old Strigoi ghouls theme perfectly, and the only justification for them fitting the new theme is "They're nuts, so they don't need to look like they fit this new fluff!"
>>
>>48356313
Mine are red-skinned with brass armour
>>
So hey, new chaos player here; Should I put in a Exalted hero Chaos? They seem like a pretty badass Hero/Monster hunter, even on their own. Slap Daemonic power on him, and hes a beast.

Another question; Would it be possible for Chaos Warriors to revoke their loyalty to the Chaos Gods?
>>
File: img_2098.jpg (268KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
img_2098.jpg
268KB, 980x735px
>>48356313
The Flayed (lower left). Purple bruises on the skin and bone white armor. Unorthodox yes, but at least different to the twelve variations on "red, gold and black" you usually see.
>>
>>48351780
>>48351793
>>48352711
>>48352727
I've always seen this whole setting as one world that's so utterly vast and difficult to comprehend that you need the Realmgates to travel it, otherwise you'd never get anywhere. So yes, the stars above are Azyr, there's a forest the size of an entire world making up the realm of life, and deep, deep under everything is Chamon with its caverns so large as to have their own weather systems.

AT least, that's how I interpret the world. Its all one place, but its so huge that we'd be like Ants are on the earth.
>>
>>48356311
Good points, well made. But I still think it's more dimensional. Gutrots "ship" used magic to travel so could have as easily been using it travel between realms as to travel between planets!
>>
>>48354851
Check the GW website.

I know a while back they posted rules for the Silver Tower stuff for AoS on their blog.
>>
>>48356353
>Should I put in a Exalted hero Chaos? They seem like a pretty badass Hero/Monster hunter, even on their own
If the dice gods like you, then yes, he's a monster. If not, he'll die after two rounds of not killing anything.
>Slap Daemonic power on him, and hes a beast.
NO. Literally everything else in that army is a better target for this incredible buff.
>Would it be possible for Chaos Warriors to revoke their loyalty to the Chaos Gods?
Them doing it on their own? Nope. The Celestant Prime can kill you so hard he slaps the Chaos right out of you, though. Have a look at the campaign books and how Torglug the Despised becomes Tornus the Redeemed for a case example.
>>
>>48356392
Yes, rules were posted. He was asking about points, though. And GW promised the Silver Tower stuff would get points when the GH comes out, though I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>48356339
>"They're nuts, so they don't need to look like they fit this new fluff!"

The images is in their head. It's a magical madness that only they and a select few can see.

Mannfred and one Celestant Lords were blessed with seeing into their madness, and what they saw is Bretonnia.

Remember it was Ushoran, whose mind was broken by Nagash's tortures in the Shrouded Cage, who sired the Flesh Eater Courts. So of course they would be Strigoi. They are Strigoi with the degenerative curse raging in them plus with madness as well.
>>
>>48356353
Exalted hero is ...okay, mostly. Don't waste targeted buffs on him (in fact, don't waste targeted buffs like daemonic power on a single model, period), he's choppy enough on his own. Don't expect miracles, though.

As for the second question, yes, they can, but it's a fairly rare thing. There's a stormcast lord that was a servant of chaos that renounced Nurgle.
>>
>>48356369
How did Archaon conquer 7 of them then?
>>
>>48356453
Mad skillz.
>>
>>48356453
he conquered them trough sheer mary sue ism alone
>>
>>48356441
>>48356353
>There's a stormcast lord that was a servant of chaos that renounced Nurgle.

That character was singled out by Celestant Prime because he saw some good in him and also some regret over what he done and what he became. CP hammered him with Ghal Maraz which sent his soul to Sigmar for judgement. Sigmar judged his soul worthy of a second chance and purified it of Chaos before sending to to be Reforged into a Stormcast.
>>
>>48356453
The Realmgates, he hopped around the realms destroying civilizations wherever he found them. In the Gates of Azyr, when Khorgos Khul recounts how he basically wrecked the realm of Fire how it had taken him far longer than what a regular person's life span would be just to do it all. It implies that the realm has to be either a large place or so difficult to destroy that it would take forever, but considering that he succeeded in destroying it its probably just that its so large a place.

At least, that's my reasoning, obviously I could be wrong.
>>
>>48356453
Forced plot. Armless Everchosen couldn't even conquer the inside of a barn.
>>
>>48356699
Archaon won each battle he was in except that one time with Malerion. I get you hate Archaon but the whole incompetent does not work.
>>
>>48356684
I remember something about Khul swearing to Khorne that he will conquer all the Realm of Fire in his name. I remember it being said that it was a foolish oath because of the vastness of the realm.
>>
>>48356681
I ask, because I was planning on a sort of campaign at my FLGS. Basically, the story takes place in the Realm of Life in a kingdom whose king has pledged to Chaos. His children, while recieving the Gods boons, are not fully aware of what is giving them their strength. All that they know is that their kingdoms iconigraphy has changed, and that they are getting stronger, and that they're being forced around by their strange invaders. However, Enter the Stormcast and Slyvaneth, who are coming to liberate the kingdom. As the campaign progresses, we'll see which of the four siblings falls to Chaos, and which escapes the gods clutches.
>>
>>48356915
Read this

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/labyrinth-of-the-lost-ebook.html

It features a Chaos warrior going through a similar situation to your guys,
>>
So would anyone give me a funny look if I made a Crypt Haunter and Crypt Infernal, then used the third one in the box to make a Vargheist and run it as my Varghulf? Or is it way too small
>>
File: Mata_Nui map.jpg (975KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Mata_Nui map.jpg
975KB, 1024x1280px
>>48352727
I feel that the realms were a mistake.
Making everything so incomprehensibly wast and massive in scale, makes relating and rooting for anything in the setting really hard.
What does it matter if some city falls, if a realm itself is so wast that it could easily house a thousand cities like it?
It also makes building a coherent, and comprehensible universe, nearly impossible.

Warhammer Fantasy world was structured, and had clear definition to it, whereas these reals are basically just elemental planes of infinite size, which are fucking boring in comparison to actual coherent world.

Even 40k galaxy is better structured than the realms of AoS, as there are clearly defined regions, critical worlds of importance, and even though the distances and scale are wast, they are, at least outside of the warp, still within the realm of reason and reality, instead of some weird, infinite elemental planes composed of fucking metal, plants or fire etc.

If they had to do the whole "elemental regions based on the winds of magic", they should have done something like picture related.
Without a coherent structure to the world/universe etc where the setting takes place, you can't really weave a compelling narrative.
>>
>>48356961
I'd put it on a bigger base with a lot of scenery (maybe have the creature perched on an archway or something) if you're going to do that. Something to make it stand out & look special.
>>
meta question
just how useful is summoning ion matched play? to me just seems like a less dependable version of 40k reserves now
>>
>>48356958
>It features a Chaos warrior going through a similar situation to your guys,

Not really, he recognises and actively desires the power of Chaos.
>>
>>48357020
I think that as time goes by we might begin to see certain areas of the realms around the realmgates mapped out and given more structure. to me this season of war thing is the beginning of that as we're finally finding out the identities of these cities and who lives in them.
>>
>>48356361
how would you even paint that tone of white without it looking dumb, genuinely interested i want mine to look boney
>>
>>48357020
The Realms aren't infinite, just vast.
There are already places of importance like the all points, Azyrheim and the three new cities in Ghyran.
>>
>>48357020
It would be nice if we got definite regions of interest with the rest of it being "ooh we don't know what's there"

The problem is most of the realms in general are only "ooh we don't know what's there"

Some hand waving is fine to have room for your dudes but it shouldn't beat out the established places.
>>
>>48357020
It works for 40k. The galaxy is so vast and there are so many undocumented or uncovered worlds. They're just trying to recreate that in this. All points is the cadian gate

Id say it works. I get that it's hard not to compare it to the old world, but it's a new tonal shift you must have to get used to. Things are at stake, but at a different scale
>>
>>48357213
It's nice if you want to break allegiance and allows for highly flexible reinforcements since you just reserve points instead of units, but under average circumstances I'm not much of a fan.
>>
>>48357020
40k had the same problem for me. Like who cares of wome random world falls. The Imperium has billions of them.
>>
>>48357213
It's kinda like deep strike reserves, but the big difference is you only declare so many points for summoning and you don't need to declare what is there. So what you bring in the game can be totally new to the opponent and different each game, even if they have a copy of your list. That alone still makes summoning really viable
>>
>>48357234
the edge trim on the rider? or the off-white on the dudes?

rider: use the ceramite white base thinned, 2 coats, then white scar. transition it so it isn't jarring by doing a blended eshin grey edge on the inside of the armor plate lip (wet blending is the easiest way to achieve it, but careful use of very thinned layer could work) this is a rare case where a wash would hurt instead of help, as you want to create a tiny fade effect so the transition isn't hella jarring.

on the other guys: use zandri dust base, thinned usabti bone layer, seraphim sepia wash, double-thinned white scar layer over top, should give you a nice bleached bone look
>>
>>48357396
i dont care for the top i like the white with gold trim, i know how to do gold but the white might be tricky, especially on models with skulls dont want color of skulls are armor to be the same
>>
>>48357396
>use zandri dust base, thinned usabti bone layer, seraphim sepia wash, double-thinned white scar layer over top, should give you a nice bleached bone look
if that is the recipe for that color i love you
>>
>>48357396
ate half my post.

for contrast you'll want to use mid-level skintones, to differentiate well beween the light armor and flesh, then for doing the bruises you'll want to take a stipple brush and do a tiny bit of wetblending of some carroburg crimson wash with your fleshtone, it takes some practice but looks incredibly realistic when properly highlighted.

generally you can pick out armor edging with a brass metal color (balthazar gold maybe?) to give a nice solid transition from armor to fleshtones and define the edges of the model a bit.
>>
>>48357466
thanks a bunch, i brought starter box recently and got some skullreaper earlier this week and been deciding if i wanted to do traditional red/gold or brass or bone. this has help alot. thankyou
>>
>>48357428
>>48357441
there is a good video on Tabletop Minions about what he calls "underpainting", but really what you're using here is the fact that each layer paint doesn't have enough pigment for full coverage, so it takes on some of the color properties of the layer below it. this is why painting bright colors over black is so hard.

the GW base colors are different in that they are super-saturated with pigment and need only 1-2 coats to cover up another coat entirely, while the layer paints have maybe about half the pigment count of the bases, and will let some of the color properties of your underlayer come through.

in the case of these flayed, what you'll want to do is for 'real' bone, use zandri > ushabti, wash, drybrush highlight with thinned ushabti. then for "fake bone armor" you'll want to use the double-thinned white scar instead to give it that extra-bleached look and differentiate it from the armor

all of the above advice is useless if you do not THIN YOUR PAINTS.

use of a wet palette is also advised as you'll need to go slow and careful, since you ideally want to do this over black primer so your metals don't look too bright and your deep reds aren't an utter bitch.
>>
File: gleeful frog from bulgaria.jpg (28KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
gleeful frog from bulgaria.jpg
28KB, 400x388px
>Buy army
>Love the idea of playing and building the list
>Hate painting and assembling the damn things
I just got through 20 Dryads, man

How people do Horde armies is beyond me
>>
>>48357577

Honestly the modelling is my favorite part. But I understand if you don't like it. Look up dipping/washing for an easy way to power paint minis like the dryads if you want to paint them.
>>
>>48357548
ok, im writting this down ha. btw this will be first time paniting in like 10years and i have seen the underpainting video before but i think i dont want to go to crazy, would u suggest just a basic chaos black spray for the base coat then moving onto painting
>>
>>48357577
paiting wood-types is easy anon, washes are your friend, as is drybrushing, don't murder yourself with line highlighting like old-school wood colors were done.

for even cheatier fast painting, do your base layer with a heavy drybrush over black primer, so you get most things but not the really tiny recesses, then wash and a lighter drybrush for finish, aside from details the majority is done in 3 steps.
>>
>>48357597
its not as hard as it sounds to do. basically prime black, then use appropriate citadel base paints for the colors you're using on each area of the model, then highlight with layer. the basecoats should make them semi-presentable for tabletop while you take your time with the washes and layers.
>>
>>48357596
>>48357609
Yeah painting not oo bad - Just the Hunters and Lord
So many overlapping pieces i've effectively stop dead in my progress ince i have to assemble them in 5+ parts and paint them b4 assembly
>>
>>48357637
ok gotcha, thanks for the help
>>
>>48357257
and those places are hueg
azyrheim is the size of a continent
let's say they wanted to write a siege story of azyrheim , you couldn't do it without suspending disbelief or making it boring
on top of that we all know what real life is like , if there were orks at black fire pass and they were marching on averheim , you had a sense of time and place
now they just teleport in trough weird stargates whose rules aren't even clear yet
i suppose it fits with the whole mythology theme aos has going on but i personally dislike it
>>48357325
40k also has some pseudo science in place to explain it all , and the modren technology makes the upscaling less of an issue
>>
>>48357234
Basecoat Zandri Dust, shade with thinned down Agrax Earthshade/Seraphim Sepia, heavy dry-brush of Ushabti Bone, slightly less heavy dry-brush of Tyrant Skull, light dry-brush of Praxeti White. Then work with Typhus Corrosion and Blood for the Blood God to get dirt and blood stains on them.
>>
>>48357671
>azyrheim is the size of a continent

Are you confusing Sigmarion for Azyrhiem?
>>
>>48357577
I know that feel. I mean, once they are assembled, they're almost finished because Dryads are dead simple to paint, but man, the assembling.

I mean, I love building models, I love kit-bashing and small conversions, but FUCK assembling Dryads. All the ones I've bought so far have had huuuge mold lines and they are incredibly finicky.

And apparently I'm some sort of masochist, as I have my list planned with 30 Dryads at 1500 points.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 600x615px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 600x615px
>>48357577
Fun things are fun, Anon.
>>
>>48357577
This desu
Also, there's too many fucking details
WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO PAINT SOME SHITTY LITTLE TRINKET ON MY GORS GW?
I never manage to paint more than a few miniatures whenever I actually start because I just get frustrated
>>
>>48357361
Imperium doesn't have billions of worlds. Millions at best.
And each lost world is another blow to the imperium, that it usually cannot recover from.
Sure, an agriworld lost to tyranids doesn't mean the end of the imperium, but it does mean that countless millions of humans will die of starvation due to the lack of food coming from that agriworld. The skales are massive in 40k, but there is still weight and impact to the events that take place in it.

Whereas in AOS, we don't really even know the full stakes at hand. Like, what does it matter if the Order loses the cities in Ghyran? The people of Azyrheim sure as hell didn't seem to need the other realms for their continued existence before. AOS as a setting, lacks weight and roots. Even having a coherent map of the whole setting would do wonders to make it more rooted and relatable. But instead, we get mentionings of some weird named places, snippets of maps showcasing some locations (with us having no fucking clue of the skale, or where these locations are), and overall, merely incoherent glimpses into this setting, and it's incomprehensibly wast realms.
>>
>>48357822
A certain amount of detail you can just ignore. If it's too tough, either paint it the same way as the stuff around it (works great for trinkets on chainmail) or if you really can't handle it, cut it off. My poor Blightkings lost a couple of tiny bells because I couldn't be assed to paint them. Hurts, but hurts less than ruining your own models because you can't paint the tiny details.
>>
>>48357735
nope azyrheim is the eternal city , azyr is the realm
>>
>>48357886
A High Lord says billions in the Olcron codex.
>>
How feasible would it be to make a Free Guild Tercio?
>>
>>48358004
Where?
>>
>>48357886
>Like, what does it matter if the Order loses the cities in Ghyran?

Then the seeds of hope are destroyed and the massive gains Order got after the Allgate war in the Realm of Life will get erased. This will set back Order and spread great despair across the realms. Literally the first civilized cities outside of Azyr reduced to rubble by the forces of Chaos? Abaddon hope, there is no sanctuary outside of Azyr.

It's like you didn't read the fluff of three cities and their significance. You are pissing me off.
>>
>>48356439
Seeing such things... it's saddening
>>
How good is the Coven throne? I've been having a look at it and if you run it as your general it seems like it could be bloody crazy good.
>>
>>48357936
Then what is Sigmarion.
>>
>>48357325
Maybe they need a central structure to it like yg'drissil
>>
>>48358020
Should probably have posted an explanation
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tercio
>>
>>48358085
a fortress
and Sigmaron is sigmars palace city where he forges the stormcast
if i'm not mistaken both of those are inside azyrheim
>>
>>48358085
The flying fortress around Malus, which rests ABOVE Azyrheim
>>
>>48357325
>All points is the cadian gate

>Sigmar launches multiple crusades against Varanspire/Allpoint
>They are called the White Crusades

I am delighted at the inversion.
>>
>>48358106
pikemen/spearmen are the worst variant of freeguild guard , which is the worst batteline choice for freeguild
handgunners are amazing on the other hand
>>
Stormcast players/builders, I have a question? How are Liberators shields attached to the body? How hard would it be to use them on Warriors of Chaos?
>>
>>48357577
>over 300 Skaven models
>all painted and on circle bases

I basically just slap base colors on them and drown them im Agrax Earthshade afterwards. My models look great on the table, especially since they are a horde and literally no one minds that I don't layer/highlight at all. Most of the times my army is the best looking simply because my colors are coherent and easy on the eye and I am the only git who has a fully painted army.
>>
What's the best death battleline unit? I have a wight king if I wanted to go skeletons but pretty much all my army is Nighthaunt (with a Coven Throne).
Out of the Ghouls, skeletons and zombies what would fit best with what I've got?
1 Mortis Engine
1 Coven Throne
1 Cairn Wraith
1 Wight King (I'm probably not going to run him in matched though as I prefer the Coven Throne command ability)
6 spirit Hosts
10 Hexwraiths
That's it, I want to flesh it out with some battleline and I'll be good for small points matches.
>>
>>48358243
The regular liberators have little latches on their shields that are glued on the shield-bearing fist. The snapfit ones have a little nub that can be pushed into the arm.
Not very viable, I'd say. They look a lot different and need a lot of conversion work (headswap, shieldswap, weaponswap, filing off all the comets and shit) to get to look even slightly chaos. If yo're up for that, go nuts.
>>
>>48358053
The realms are incomprehensibly wast. What the hell is preventing Order from constructing more cities?
>>
>>48358307
Skeletons are gonna be the best choice out of the three for your list. They have the best saves and durability, can keep bringing them back with a standard, and if you have a hero nearby, they might actually kill something.
>>
>>48358368
you dropped this: v
>>
File: Sigland.jpg (285KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sigland.jpg
285KB, 960x720px
>>48358085
>>
What is the best Skaven artillery choice? I am looking to fill my slots for 2000 points. Catapult, Cannon and Jezzail all seem pretty good, but the Cannon and Catapult are kinda hit or miss and Jezzails just are stupidly ecpensive point wise with 560 points for just 12 of them
>>
>>48358319
Oh no, I was planning on using the shields on the Warriors models, not the Stormcast themselves. I like the Idea of stormcast, but i dont like their models. So I just figured if I took Liberator Shields and put them on the WoC regiment, they'd turn out fine. Warriors themselves surprisingly have very few Chaos emblems on them, aside from their shields
>>
>>48358407
warp lightning cannon coven.

>>48358393
>watchfortressSigmar.jpg
>>
>>48358368
>What the hell is preventing Order from constructing more cities?

Their innumerable enemies who like to destroy their cities. The Seeds of Hope are a proving ground for Order.
>>
>>48358307
Skellies with spears and shields got your back. Always.

>I'm probably not going to run him in matched though as I prefer the Coven Throne command ability.
You must be the first person I've ever seen liking that ability. That's curious.
>>
>>48358368
The three cities nicknamed the "Seeds of Hope" are the first real attempt at colonizing and civilizing the Mortal Realms. They are being founded in the areas that were liberated by hard fought battles (events of the previous books). If they succeed, they it will send a message that the Mortal Realms can be redeemed and saved. This will double the efforts of Order to liberate more lands and build more cities.

If they failed miserably and all the free people living inside of them are killed or worse, then the blow to morale in the Order side would be crippling. It will cast a gruesome shadow of doubt over any endeavor that is similar. Free People will think twice before getting out of Azyr to settle lands.
>>
>>48358538
What if the big Bone daddy wins?
>>
Has matched play made Ogres any less bullshit strong?
>>
How is a Stormcast Chamber structured?
>>
File: 635569864311932166_animated.gif (797KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
635569864311932166_animated.gif
797KB, 100x100px
so I'm still working over a few highborn cavalry lists, and could use some other points of view so I don't get trapped by my own biases.

army core (taking these regardless):
dragon noble mounted with phoenix banner, and at least 1 unit of dragonblades, archmage on horse.

trying to assess what works best for battleline to complement the others, currently using silver helms but I'm curious if there are other battlelines that might serve me better, or as a supplement to using the helms. other options as far as I can figure out: Ellyrian Reavers, Glade riders.

other question: is the dragonlord host worth 80points? I can see it being used for an extended charge with the doubled move, but I'm trying to figure out if dragonblades are worth taking more than 2 units of, and if the dragonlord is a better option than a drakeseer or archmage on dragon.
>>
>>48358258
Even then just doing a quick drybrush of a ligher color does wonders and it's so easy.

So I would do base color, wash, drybrush, and that's tabletop standard right there!
>>
File: Warrior Chamber.jpg (141KB, 751x612px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior Chamber.jpg
141KB, 751x612px
>>48358585
>>
>>48358500
Me and a friend run a pretty strong tactic in 2 v 2s that works wonders if we get consecutive shooting phases, anything that helps me grab turn control is a godsend in games like that.
>>
>>48358568
Nagash gets three nice strongholds in Ghyran and plenty of corpses from all sides to fuel his armies..

The Mortal Realms would now that the Great Necromancer is truly back and that he is a power to be reckoned with.

Also it's a nice "screw you" for Sigmar for all the backstabbing he inflicted on Nagash.
>>
>>48358631
And then he'll *somehow* manage to fuck it all up and the three cities all fall to, say, Chaos. And then Nagash will blame it all on Sigmar.
We all know how the cycle goes by this point.
>>
File: army.jpg (39KB, 533x494px) Image search: [Google]
army.jpg
39KB, 533x494px
>>48358307
I went with the majority nighthaunt army also; (see pic). What i settled on was zombies - You can take 3 units of 10 at 2000 points and then turn 1 just merge them into one unit of 30. It makes 3 rubbish units into 1 somewhat useful.
>>
>>48358568
Bone Daddy wins regardless, any battles that death isn't included in is just a pile of corpses ready to reanimate, sieges lead to hunger and starvation, in situations like that some will turn to cannibalism (more ghouls). The only people who can loose here are Order and Chaos, death gets more soldiers and Destruction gets a good laugh. Order looses their cities and Chaos looses the potential for a bloody ton of new soldiers and daemon summonings.
>>
>>48358660
That's a great idea, but why is one unit 120 when the others are 60?
>>
>>48358701
Typing mistake
>>
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's beastclaw time.
>>
How are the fyreslayers in AoS? I've always liked the slayers, so them being a faction all their own is pretty nice even if I preferred their old aesthetics. Was thinking about slowly building a Fyreslayer/Sigmarite army for hammer/anvil tactics.
>>
>>48358719
Alright, I've got some zombies my friend lends me for games so that works out pretty nicely as he's got 30 of 'em. This also frees up some points for a new hero , thanks for the help (-=
>>
>>48358750
They're kind of middling. They can't punch with the big boys (chaos warriors, stormcasts, ironjawz) in a brawl but they're slightly more potent than a lot of 1W stuff. If you're playing with points, this does unfortunately mean they're slightly more expensive than a lot of 1W stuff.

They're also very slow, and rely on a certain hero teleporting units in to get anywhere.
>>
>Buy Stormcast
>Paint them as Ultramarines
>Have best looking Stormhost of all
>>
>>48358789
Are Ironjaws really considered top tier? I haven't head any problems with them with my rats so far. Their special character hurts a lot but they sorely lack a ranged game and they all get easily clumped up by chaff.
>>
>>48358723
Yep with the beasclaw renames in the GHB, I would say that's a very good indication that that's them. Way cool, excited to see the NEW CHANGED warscrolls and fluff/art.
>>
>>48358843
As a full army, probably not, I just was trying to give an idea of where fyreslayers are in fisticuffs (given they don't have a great ranged game they'll kind of be relying on getting close and personal).
>>
>>48358750
Largely mediocre, with a couple of standouts.
The biggest issue is their slow speed and a certain desire to horde it up despite not being equipped for that, everything else is pretty decent.
On the other hand, there is nothing outside their monsters that costs over 100pts, which is nice.
>>
Anyone with stormcasts on Dracoths - are those silly metal knee and chest pads optional? can you leave them off and there be detail underneath or is it a big black slab to be glued on?
I'm thinking they'd look way nicer without the silly armour bits.
>>
>>48358843
They aren't top tier, but they are fairly good as is.
The new Destruction allegiance and the Ravager trait speeds them up considerably, negating their biggest issue. A pile or two of Brutes rolling up the table at 4"+2"+d6"+run/charge is fairly scary at the best of times, especially when there's a pair/trio Megabosses with them.
>>
>>48358826
My nigga
>>
>>48358789
>>48358919

Ah, that's pretty disappointing. Guess I'll think on it some more if I want to get into them other than some painting opportunities.
>>
>>48358422
....just....no....
>>
>>48359150
I think it could work. I could see it happening with using liberator hammers, heads and shields. It would be a unique stormhost.

I would maybe have issues with it if he painted them and called them astral templars or something, like I said i think it could work if he made a custom stormhost for them.
>>
>>48359150

Sounds like a good plan honestly. The Stormcast models range between hideously bland and overdesigned, are monopose as fuck on average and honestly pretty much the only ones to actually look fairly okay are the Paladins.

Honestly, if the entire faction were reduced to just Paladins and fielded as single units in order armies, the concept would be a lot less goofy and diluted.
>>
>>48359150
Yeah, after a quick look, I saw how big Stormcast are. They're friggen big. Still, although I like the idea of Lightining riding Warriors of Order, I find their asthetic not to my taste, or maybe play some sort of trollish "Slaves to Order", which uses their rules, but just paint and fluff them as order.
>>
>>48359211
>>48359216
It's not really going to work size-wise, I'd say. Stormcast are fairly chunky and out-size warriors by a fair margin. On the other hand, the support clampacks come fairly cheap and contain 5 towershields and 3 round shields, so it might be worth a try?
Thread posts: 419
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.