[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 53

File: HH Updated 6.jpg (211KB, 872x580px) Image search: [Google]
HH Updated 6.jpg
211KB, 872x580px
If You're Going To Rape A Man In His Dreams, And Become Pregnant At Least Keep Him Interested Edition
Afternoon Bread Sub-Edition
In the last bread one Anon asked for help with Scion models as SM scouts, Alpharius and Omegon's origins was talked about, fortification and polls were discussed, one Anon brought up that there are too many players of certain legions in these threads, fake(maybe) rules to the new Praetor model was posted, WB ranks were brought up, and we saw a true BA Levi dread plus much more in the old bread >>47918557
Red Book Links:
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Sorry for the wait and rushed summary
>>
>>47943326
I love that chick's Emperor picture. His face is what gets me.
>Finally this series can end.
>>
File: Emperor_of_Mankind_by_genzoman.jpg (251KB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_of_Mankind_by_genzoman.jpg
251KB, 734x950px
>>47943326
Agreed.
>>
>1 dollar to 1.36 British pound sterling

LOOKS LIKE FW IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS
>>
>>47943365
The Legion Devastation force is marked at Last Chance.

And I have no money.
>>
>>47943326
Literally nobody has ever drawn an attractive Fulgrim
>>
File: Fulgrim.png (834KB, 576x803px) Image search: [Google]
Fulgrim.png
834KB, 576x803px
>>47943396
We've been over this before.
>>
Finally bought the Battle for Calth set thanks to the falling pound. Word Bearers here I come!
>>
Errata was updated today
>>
ordered 10 Phalanx Warder upgrades last night thanks to Brexit. Any opinions on how I should build a ten man squad of them? Not sure how many axes to use, melta guns, whether I should put them in a Dreadclaw or Land Raider, etc...
>>
>>47943437
Another brother who has seen to seek the Primordial Truth! Wonderful!

Anyways, what's everyone's favorite Primarch quotes?
>>
>‘This is too much,’ the Lion said, grasping Guilliman’s arm. His anger was at Sanguinius but he could not vent his frustration at the Imperator. ‘You let Curze get this close?’

>‘Let?’ Guilliman looked down at the Lion’s grip on his wrist and back up to the primarch, an eyebrow raised. The Lion did not release his arm.

>‘Do not quibble over words. We were all agreed, each to our role. Neither you nor I can lead the new Imperium. Our brother is the Imperator Regis, the new leader of mankind, the seed of the future.’

>The Lion’s voice rose to a snarl. ‘And you allowed Curze to lay hands on him!’

>Guilliman wrenched away.

>‘I allowed nothing! I was protecting the beacon at Sotha. What Imperium would we have if we allow the ruinstorm to bring back the division of the Old Night? Where was the Lord Protector? In theory you are the guardian, but in practical terms you were of no use.’

>‘Insult me again, brother, and theoretically I will punch you in your practical face,’ snapped the Lion, raising a fist.

This is fun.
>>
>>47943432
>Fulgrim gets so obsessed with Sanguinius being prettier than him he starts wearing wings.
>>
File: Even Speedwagon is scared.jpg (10KB, 464x538px) Image search: [Google]
Even Speedwagon is scared.jpg
10KB, 464x538px
>>47943630
>I will punch you in your practical face,’ snapped the Lion, raising a fist.
That's an exterminatus tier threat he's waving around.
>>47943647
I wouldn't blame him. I think someone once made stats for that wing.
>>
That fists noob from the other day, what do you all think about what I've put together?
+++ Sigi Noob (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (230pts) +

Sigismund (230pts) [Master of the Legion]

+ Troops (995pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (200pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (35pts), 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts)]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant (15pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Melta Bombs (5pts)]

Legion Tactical Squad (195pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (35pts), 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts)]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant (10pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts)]

Templar Brethren (600pts) [8x Combat Shield (40pts), Land Raider Phobos (250pts), Melta Bombs (25pts), 8x Templar Brethren (200pts)]
··Chapter Champion (10pts) [Combat Shield (5pts), Power Fist (5pts)]

+ Elites (455pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (240pts)
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought (240pts) [Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod (65pts)]

Legion Terminator Squad (215pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators (120pts), 4x Power Fist (20pts), Teleportation Transponder (15pts)]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant (5pts) [Power Fist (5pts)]

+ Heavy Support (320pts) +

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (320pts)
··Legion Vindicator Tank (165pts) [Dozer Blade (5pts), Laser Destroyer Array (10pts), Machine Spirit (25pts), Twin-Linked Bolter (5pts)]
··Legion Vindicator Tank (155pts) [Dozer Blade (5pts), Machine Spirit (25pts), Twin-Linked Bolter (5pts)]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

I'm at exactly 2000 points, I don't really know what weapons options would be better for the dreadnought. If i'd want to change them, then I'd take out a tacitcal squad and add another templar bro
>>
>>47943630
Which book is that from? Giggly's?
>>
>>47943723
>‘I have already re-evaluated our defences and protocols,’ Guilliman said quickly when the Lion rounded on him. ‘He most assuredly is not in Macragge Civitas now.’

>‘Your forgiveness also, Roboute,’ the Lion continued, though there was no longer any apology in his tone, ‘but I care nothing for your assertions of security. It is not so much the case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted, as entrusting the same ignorant stablehand with repeating the task he performed so insufficiently before.’

>‘Ignorant stablehand?’ Guilliman restrained his temper with obvious effort, his hand strayed towards the hilt of the blade at his waist and then rose to point accusingly at the Lion. ‘You were not here! I had to protect Sotha! I destroyed their fleet, and an army of Night Lords there! Enemies that you, Lord Protector, were supposed to keep from our gate…’

>‘You are right,’ said the Lion. ‘You are right. I should not have left. Even I underestimated his insanity. Which of us in our right mind would have stayed on Macragge with all the wrath of three Legions upon him? But Curze is of no right mind and here he is, not a thorn in our side but a dagger poised above our heart.’

-Angels of Caliban
>>
File: Curze.png (1MB, 1021x1497px) Image search: [Google]
Curze.png
1MB, 1021x1497px
>‘He never left Macragge,’ Sanguinius said firmly. His expression saddened. ‘I know why he really came to me. He came seeking something he cannot get from the Emperor any more. Something none will give him. Forgiveness.’

>‘Forgiveness?’ snarled Guilliman. ‘I would throw the rafters of my house on the flames that burn him if it helped! Forgiveness?’

>He stuttered into a red-faced silence. The Lion looked away, hiding the sneer he had felt creeping across his lips.

>‘Exactly,’ said Sanguinius, but the Lion was not convinced by his tone. ‘Curze is deranged. He thinks he is good. That he is doing the Emperor’s work, even now, perhaps. He wants to believe the Emperor made him a broken puppet so that he can convince himself he was right all along. Vindication, my brothers. He knows he cannot be forgiven, but he thinks his actions can be vindicated.’

>‘And he thought you would agree?’ The Lion had to wonder why Curze might be led to believe that. He was mad, but in his madness he was shrewd and observant. He had manipulated events and his brothers far too smoothly to be underestimated on that count. ‘Why so, my lord emperor?’

>‘He thought I would kill him.’

>‘I am sure you tried,’ Guilliman said with a bitter laugh. ‘Or considered it.’

>Sanguinius shook his head. ‘I did not. I could not. How could I kill something so wretched?’

>‘Mercy, for that creature?’ The Lion took in a deep breath to reign in his ire. He let it out before continuing. ‘Did he offer you his neck? You suspected a trick, yes? You did not strike because the offer was not true?’

>‘He was sincere. But you are also right. It would have granted him absolution. He would have taken it as a righteous death.’

>‘But he would have been dead, brother, all the same,’ said Guilliman, and the Lion nodded in agreement.
>>
File: Sanguinius.jpg (150KB, 686x960px) Image search: [Google]
Sanguinius.jpg
150KB, 686x960px
>>47943824
>‘No, that is not the way the universe works.’ Sanguinius moved his gaze away and stared into the shadows. ‘Stones in the water. Ripples that spread and touch others. Motion and reaction. All acts have consequences. Had I slain him in cold blood, the murder would be upon me.’

>‘Execution, not murder,’ the Lion had to point out.

>‘Murder. There can be no execution without trial.’

>Sanguinius stepped into the darkness, raising a hand to his temple as though pained.
>>
Might as well post my EC list
Maru Skara 2500 Points

[HQ]
Praetor: 230 Points
>Phoenix Spear, Jump Pack, Iron Halo, Digital Lasers, Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, Thunder Hammer, Sonic Shrieker
Champion: 140 Points
>Artifier Armour, Phoenix Spear, Jump Pack, Sonic Shrieker
Champion: 140 Points
>Artifier Armour, Phoenix Spear, Jump Pack, Sonic Shrieker

[Elites]
10 Palatine Blades: 450 Points
>Phoenix Spears, Jump Packs, Sonic Shriekers
10 Palatine Blades: 245 Points
>Phoenix Spear on Sergeant

[Troops]
3x 10 Tactical Marines: 450 Points

[Fast Attack]
2x 10 Seekers: 520 Points
>Artificer Armour on Sergeant

[Heavy Support]
Sicaran Battle Tank: 135 Points
Sicaran Venator: 190 Points

2500 Points
>>
>>47943855
Tacticals and one seeker squad being kept back along with the vehicles. Move up the table and score objectives while the vehicles shoot things, simple enough. Palatines and second seeker squad outflank on turn 2, HQs all go with the jump pack palatines who have the job of charging the biggest enemy units they can (inflict like 14 wounds on cataphractii the turn they charge meaning even two wound terminators will generally lose to them), other palatines charge anything with just a 3+ save or if really needed they can charge TEQs averaging 4 wounds against cataphractii when they charge or 8 wounds against MEQs, they also have the job of backing up the jump pack palatines if they get in deep trouble. Outflanking seekers have the job of helping pick off high value targets, particularly the enemy HQ.

I figure caught between the guns in front of them as well as the guns outflanking them and a flying pike square the enemy HQ is pretty much guaranteed to die unless it is a primarch. Once the enemy HQ is dead the outflanking units can proceed to hunt down units in the enemy backfield crippling their ability to score by slaughtering troops and terminators. Complete lack of AA and lack of real much anti-tank is bad but I hope that the venator can effectively disable anything with guns and anything without guns can be ignored and its cargo slaughtered.

At 3500 points I add two contemptor dreadnoughts each with an autocannon and CCW as well as 3 more tactical squads and another venator. Figure the autocannons should help against rhinos and stuff so I don't have to charge them while the three tac squads spread out my capturing ability and combined with the added turn one mobility makes capping multiple objectives much easier. Also allows me to use them to help cover my vehicles at least tying up enemies long enough to do what I need.
>>
>>47943390
Its a one click bundle where you save a whopping 1 pound(870 vs 871) with a free poster thrown in. You aren't missing out on anything.

If you want to save money buy the 3 BaC boxes from a third party at 20% off and then buy the Forgeworld items.
>>
>>47943892
Pretty sure it was around $30 savings, with it totalling up to almost $1300.

Now with the £ at an all-time low, it's around $1100.
>>
>>47943432
I don't see how the best helmet ever makes Fulgrim more attractive, simply more glorious.
>>
File: face.png (40KB, 111x133px) Image search: [Google]
face.png
40KB, 111x133px
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764

LEGION CENSUS

pls add to OP template to get a general idea of the entire demography
>>
>>47944028
>People complaining about there being too many Imperial Fists.
>Only 2/99 people play them.
>>
>>47944028
Voted and accounted for, battle brother
>>
>>47944133
3 thank you very much.
Granted I'm so new I haven't actually got to play it, still trying to make my army list.

Soon I shall paint. Soon.
>>
>‘My liege, I do not know what is happening here, but I am sure it can wait a while. We need your guidance. The ship is under sustained attack, from creatures that are almost impervious to our weapons.’

>‘The punishment of oath-breakers brooks no delay,’ said Nemiel.

>‘Oath-breaker?’ said Corswain, looking at Asmodeus. ‘I do not understand.’

>‘My little brother has transgressed,’ said the Lion, his tone even. ‘Upon being attacked, he broke the Edict of Nikaea and unleashed the powers of his mind.’

>‘He performed sorcery,’ snarled Nemiel. ‘The same vileness perpetrated by the Night Lords that now threatens our ship!’

>‘That is to be decided, Brother-Redemptor,’ said the Lion. ‘I have not yet delivered my verdict.’

>‘The Council of Nikaea was absolute, my liege,’ said Nemiel. ‘Warriors of the Librarius were to curtail their powers. Asmodeus has breached the oath he swore.’

>‘Did it work?’ said Corswain.

>‘What?’ said Nemiel, turning his skull-faced helm in the direction of the seneschal.

>‘Asmodeus, did your powers destroy the enemy?’

>The former Librarian said nothing, but looked up at the primarch and nodded.

>‘Interesting,’ said the primarch, his green eyes fixing on Corswain.

>‘I have seen first-hand what these things can do. They are…’ said the seneschal, hesitating. He took a breath and continued. ‘We face nephilla, my liege, or something akin to them. They are not wholly physical and our weapons do little damage to their unnatural flesh.’

>‘They are creatures of the warp, lauded primarch.’ The group of Dark Angels turned as the Chief Navigator Lady Fiana approached. ‘They are made of warp-stuff, and the breach has allowed them to manifest in our world. They cannot be destroyed, only sent back. The gaze of our third eyes can harm them.’
>>
>>47944230
>‘Is this true?’ asked the Lion, stooping to lay a hand on the shoulder of Asmodeus. ‘Were your powers capable of harming our attackers?’

>‘From the warp they come, and with the power of the warp they can be banished again,’ said the Librarian. He stood as the Lion changed his grip and guided the legionary to his feet. He met the primarch’s gaze for a moment and then looked away again. ‘Brother-Redemptor Nemiel is right, my liege. I have broken the oath I swore.’

>‘A grave crime, and one that I will be sure to prosecute properly when the current situation has been resolved,’ said the Lion. He looked at Nemiel. ‘There are two others of the Librarius aboard – Hasfael and Alberein. Bring them here.’

>‘This is a mistake, my liege,’ said Nemiel, shaking his head. ‘The abominations that attack us, these nephilla, are a conjuration of sorceries. I swore an oath also, to uphold the Edict of Nikaea. To unleash further sorcery will endanger us even more. Think again, my liege!’

>‘I have issued an order, Brother-Redemptor,’ said the Lion, drawing himself up to his full height.

>‘One that I cannot follow,’ said Nemiel, his tone hard though his hands trembled with the effort of defying his primarch.

>‘My authority is absolute,’ the Lion said. He clenched his fists, his lips drawn back to reveal gleaming teeth.

>A cold chill crept up the observer’s spine, as the Lion took on his name in countenance. He thought he saw something savage emerging, but the Brother-Redemptor was oblivious, or chose to ignore the warning signs. He wanted to cry out, to urge the Chaplain to cease his protest, but he feared intervening in the unfolding drama.

>‘The Edict of Nikaea was issued by the Emperor, my liege,’ said Nemiel. ‘There is no higher authority.’

>‘Enough!’ The Lion’s roar drowned out all other sound.
>>
File: Nemiel.jpg (14KB, 113x240px) Image search: [Google]
Nemiel.jpg
14KB, 113x240px
>>47944256
>He was not entirely sure what happened next. The Lion moved and a split second later a cracked skull-faced helm was spinning through the dull glowing lights of the strategium, cutting a bloody arc through the air. Nemiel’s headless corpse clattered to the floor as the Lion held up his hand, pieces of ceramite embedded in the fingertips of his gore-spattered gaunt–

Who was in the right here? Nemiel or the Lion?
>>
>>47944274
I don't know, but Gav Thorpe was in the wrong.
>>
>>47944274
The Lion. Nemiel had his heart in the right place, but the Emperor wouldn't mind Libbies using their powers against Horus and friends.
>>47944298
But also this.
>>
>>47943920
Naw I just added it up to double check since its been awhile.
586 for all of the tanks, storm eagle and techmarine and 285 for the 3 BaC boxes.
It's still 870 vs 871.

It's a last chance bundle because it doesn't offer any savings, nobody but a select few would need that particular bundle of models, and a free poster doesn't make up for it.

If the Pound drops further than by all means jump on it but don't cry if you miss out.
>>
>>47944274
They were both autistic as hell.
Lion: Get me some psykers
Nemiel: No the Edict of Nikea says that blah blah blah
Everyone: But the daemons are weak to psykers
Nemiel: Doesn't matter, can't do it
*Lion proceeds to murder a marine outright*

Also Lion needs a special rule for his punches in 30k seeing how he punched Curze, Russ, punched a marine's head clean off, and IIRC he also punched Guilliman
>Sucker Punch: Instead of making his normal attacks Lion can make a single Str D attack at the Initiative 10 step of combat as long as the target isn't a non-walker vehicle
>>
Look at this Semen Marine.
>>
do we have a reliable ressource for hh audiobooks?
>>
>>47944386
Here I thought only Cruddance and my brother had a face that makes me want to punch it.
>>
>>47944418
https://kat.cr/user/Epistolary/uploads/

Yep.
>>
>>47943690
Get lost with your Imperial Fucking Fists.
>>
>>47944344
They probably will just add Instant Death to all his attacks, making him a great assault primarch but still nowhere near Horus and probably Sanguinius' skill.
>>
>>47944454
From one comment in False Gods it seems like Horus got punched once.
>>
>>47944437
thx bro
>>
>>47944444
>>47943855

Rude.....

I take it you don't care for the VIIth legion? Fluff or Crunch?

I haven't got to play a game yet, so I don't know what the deal is.
>>
>>47944468
>makes it seems like
Fixed.
>>
Daily reminder this is literally how the end duel between Magnus and Russ was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf0NCHMWcZA
>>
>>47944468
I am now imagining situations for Lion punching out everyone important in the Imperium. People we still need
>Emperor
>Malcador
>Fulgrim
>Sanguinius
>Dorn
>Corax
>Apharius Omegon
>Lorgar
>Angron
>Ferrus
>Vulkan
>Khan
>Mortarion
>Magnus
>Some very unfortunate Imperial Army general
>>
>>47944492
Why did you quote my army list?
>>
>>47944555
Did Lion punch fateweaver when he offered him 'Freedom'?
>>
>>47944492
Fluff and almost every time I see a legion list, it's Imperial Fists. It's nice to see an EC list for once.
>>
Hey hhg, think Ive opted for luna wolves, but was wondering what armor to get, as sons of horus are way to spiky and eye of horus-filled for me to use, I was thinking Mk. II armor with White Scars heads and SoH chest pieces with the eye filed off. Ideas, opinions?
>>
>>47944555
I can imagine that the Lion did get into a couple practice/actual fights with his bros, and he's bound to have punched nearly all of them before. He's probably responsible for Fulgrim's ugly mug I bet. The fist fight with Ferrus probably ended in a two way KO though.
>>47944614
I think maybe.
>>47944629
Calm down, Word Bear. For every 10 walls there is going to be 100 Fist players.
>>
>>47944642
For every other legion, there will be 5 Fist players.
>>
File: Imperial Feels.png (530KB, 1307x785px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Feels.png
530KB, 1307x785px
>>47944664
There are several reasons for that.
>>
>>47944555
And then Luther punched him so hard he is still knocked out 10,000 years later.
>>
>>47944664
Everyone loves Space Habsburg.
>>
>>47944687
So Lion's punches were taught, not genetic. I think the Dark Angels may be based more on monks than knights.
>>
>>47944571
Sorry, clicked the wrong thing.

>>47944629
I was told it's good for new players, and I wanted to have a character as a commander. Felt right.
>>
>>47944730
>not genetic
Gene-seed, anon.
>>
File: LORGAR HURT.jpg (223KB, 419x492px) Image search: [Google]
LORGAR HURT.jpg
223KB, 419x492px
Were Godwyn pattern bolters in 30k?
>>
File: 1449254733303.jpg (97KB, 562x552px) Image search: [Google]
1449254733303.jpg
97KB, 562x552px
>>47943630
>Insult me again, brother, and theoretically I will punch you in your practical face,’ snapped the Lion, raising a fist.

1st Legion best Legion
>>
>>47943468
I usually run meltas on my squad of 15 with 2 power weapons. I don't run them into melee but if they get bogged down I cover them with tacts or heavy support so they just absord whatever damage goes through.
>>
>>47944746
Luther didn't have geneseed, he was an augmented pseudo Marine
>>
>>47944815
He had some didn't he? Just not all of it.
>>
so can a lightning strike fighter dump its load of 3x 2 kraken missiles in one turn or does each missile count as one weapon, the missiles are bought in pairs so are they used in pairs?
>>
>>47944629
I see way more AL, WB and WE list trips
>>
>>47944664
Not really

But I digress, they are the best legion
>>
>>47944847
Nope. He's closer to an Imperial assassin or thunder warrior than a marine. Custom job.
>>
>>47944902
The only good thing is the colour scheme and an excuse to use MKIII.
>>
>>47944994
They are easy to field so a lot of beginners pick them up. Good example on how being vinilla isn't a bad thing.

Plus fluff wise they are the best.
>>
>>47945065
Toppest of keks. Second worst legion.
>>
>>47944133
10 thousand sons, I wonder how many actually play them or collect them
>>
>>47945150
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Fists#What_it_means_to_be_an_Imperial_Fist
>>
Do we know what Sky-Slayers are yet?
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 322x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 322x363px
>>47945174
Seem merciful Jesus Christo. I only have one nitpick. That part about the Iron Warriors becoming more enraged as their brothers died. That seems a little out of character.
>>
File: JetbikeChariot00.png (616KB, 410x691px) Image search: [Google]
JetbikeChariot00.png
616KB, 410x691px
>>47945248
Attack Jetbikes.
>>
>>47945174
>>47945269
I'll be honest. I started with BaC and was deciding between Alpha Legion and Imperial Fists from December until February for my first legion because I wanted to keep the cost down while dipping my toes in 30k. A friend of mine gave me the cool looking Emperor's Champion model from 40k for free and that settled the decision to Fist.
>>
>>47945150
IF>other legions>NL>WB
>>
>>47945150
Cute coming from a word bearers tripfag
>>
>>47945298
That's all fine and dandy, Anon. I just have one question. Do you model your Fists in a way that people can tell by the way they walk they're crusading men?
>>
>>47945298
>A friend of mine gave me the cool looking Emperor's Champion model from 40k for free and that settled the decision to Fist.
That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>47945356
He could be modeling his legion as swagsmunds company
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 750x690px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 750x690px
Why is no one talking about this little fella?
>>
File: knight.jpg (99KB, 566x614px) Image search: [Google]
knight.jpg
99KB, 566x614px
>>47945282
Is that a motherfucking Jet-Chariot?

Beautiful
>>
>>47945382
We didn't think about him?
>>
File: 6959566.jpg (187KB, 889x491px) Image search: [Google]
6959566.jpg
187KB, 889x491px
What would make a better unit for Kharn to join a FC Vet quad with power weapons and an apothecary or a Butchers squad?
>>
File: The Lion vs The Bat.png (529KB, 5072x908px) Image search: [Google]
The Lion vs The Bat.png
529KB, 5072x908px
The Lion vs Konrad.
>>
File: 615651.jpg (9KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
615651.jpg
9KB, 303x166px
>>47945326
>crusading men

Alright men we are back again
Hi! Hi! We're your Battle-Brothers and have we got news for you
Tell them Sir!
Get ready all you'll lonely girls
And leave those camo-cloaks at home
Hatred rising, patience's gettin' low
According to all sources forward's the place to go
Tonight for the second time just about half past ten
For the second time in history it's gonna start crusading men
It's Crusading men, Hallelujah, it's Crusading men Amen
I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna let myself go absolutely fucking mad
It's Crusading men, Hallelujah it's Crusading men, every specimen
Tall blond dark and lean rough and tough and strong and mean
ITS CRUSADING MEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E
>>
>>47945356
>>47945379
yep. modeling them as Sigismund's elite speartip. So they all are going to have that black armor with yellow shoulders/helms theme.
>>
>>47944858
Missile barrage special rule
>>
>>47945382
Boring model and lacklustre rules.
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 437x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 437x581px
>>47945513
Thank you, Anon. You put a smile on my face.
>>
>>47945510

Epub when?
>>
File: I find you annoying.jpg (238KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
I find you annoying.jpg
238KB, 623x414px
>>47945833
Buy the damn thing you fucker.
>>
>>47943458
With what?
>>
>>47944274
>Who was in the right here?
Zahariel.
>>
>>47945891
>Legio Titanicus Mars Warlord Battle Titan (HH5 – page 262; Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List – page 92) A Legio Titanicus Mars Warlord Battle Titan may upgrade any Arioch Titan Power Claw it possesses to be fitted with an integral Vulcan Megabolter for +75 points each.

Only change I can spot.
>>
>>47944687
No Luther hacked the shit out of Lion with a daemonsword while the Lion refused to throw a punch and just end it.
>>
>>47945880

Says someone who will beg for scans of Inferno the moment it is released.
>>
>>47945955
Not worth downloading then
>>
>>47944028
>no black shields
>>
File: 1248862114116.jpg (10KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
1248862114116.jpg
10KB, 250x237px
>>47945614
>Missile barrage special rule
ah yup gotcha, 4 missiles and they each count as a weapon shot as per zooming fliers being able to shoot 4 weapons a turn.
>>
>>47945150
Mate, you're making the other WB players look ba.
>>
File: FN 30k11.jpg (188KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
FN 30k11.jpg
188KB, 720x540px
Speaking of things flying around shooting got a game in last night with the Kharybis and Dreadclaw both of which delivered their cargo of rape Night Raptors right in a tank line of Mechanicum and made a spectacular mess of them. Came out a draw because war of lies is the best mission to play!
>>
>>47946110
Just me. I've got a hatred for Fist lore and for Iron Hands. Maybe if I read more books with Imperial Fists, I'd hate them less. Most of what I've read is Dorn. Fuck Dorn.
>>
>>47946137

Fuck me, that terrain is perfect for a mechanicum list. It makes those automata look massive
>>
Trying to get more people to look at this before I commit to buying my first guys for 30k. How does this look?
2.5k The Reaping Death Guard

HQ
Marshal Durak Rask 165

Elites
Apothecarion Detachement 1 naked 45

Quad Launcher support battery x3 phosphex and shatter shells 270

Troops
Heavy support x10 Lascannons augury scanner 440

heavy support x7 rhino with havoc launcher, heavy flamers w/ chem munitions, augury scanner, rad grenades, melta bombs 245

heavy support x7 autocannons augury scanner 215

Tac squad x10 Sarge with melta bombs + scythe rad grenades, legion vexilla, CC weapons rhino with havoc launcher 260

Tac squad x10 Sarge with melta bombs + scythe rad grenades, legion vexilla, CC weapons rhino with havoc launcher 260

Heavy
Sicaran 135

Leviathan 1 siege drill, chem munitions, armored ceramite, phosphex discharger 310

medusa 155
>>
>>47946141
Dorn is as based as it gets. Never failing, always living uo to daddy's expectations, not to mention the legion in his image makes up the best of the second founding.
>>
>>47944687
Maybe he punched himself in the face? Only 30 more books till we find out.
>>
>>47945510
Good read, thank you anon
>>
Castraferrum should be 75pts each OR given the Cortus bonuses, right now theyre just not good enough for their points
>>
>>47946712
>>47946687
I don't intend to shit the thread.
>>47945174
This makes me think of the Fists a little differently. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>47946619
Why are 30k dreadnoughts so much better than 40k dreadnoughts?
>>
>>47946756
I want to make a Contemptaferrum just for a few laughs. It'd be a good day.
>>
>>47945510
>I like children. They are tasty

Really?
>>
File: Dorn.jpg (379KB, 900x1272px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn.jpg
379KB, 900x1272px
>>47944682
Y'know, as much as I dislike the servants of the False Emperor...I can't really argue with any of the points in that image.
>>
>>47945313
He did say DA were only the second worst legion. That puts them right behind Word Bearers.
>>
We're forgetting why the shit posting started and need to get back to the topic at hand.

Why do the IF have to be the best legion as well as have the best captain but not be terribly Mary Sue.

Does it have to do with their gene seed?
>>
Do we know if FW is planning on rebasing for 32mm? I just got some Assault Marines that came with 25mm, and it's fine and all, but they stand out from my tacticals. I could buy 32mm standalone but I don't really care that much.
>>
File: Dorn Approved.png (94KB, 208x211px) Image search: [Google]
Dorn Approved.png
94KB, 208x211px
>>47947250
because they are actually well written, unlike worst legions/characters as follows

>night lords
>40k ultramarines
>perturabo
>>
>>47947250
Has to do with Dorn being the best he could be and never disappointing daddy with what he was meant to be.
>>
>>47947342
Tell FW, it might have been a mistake.
>>
>>47945510
>Lion starts cutting down trees

I guess his time on Caliban really did leave a lasting wariness towards forests
>>
>>47946245
Any input? Seems like I should buy soon since the pounds value has gone down.
>>
>>47944274
Which book was this?
>>
>>47947700
We've been over this. One Anon said something about the source of inspiration was something to do with an old Calibian Dangle. He didn't trust trees.
>>
>>47947342

FW does 32mm but only for new kits. You probably got an old kit or old stock.
>>
>>47947250
Because they are never portrayed as being "THE BEST OF THE BEST" just the best they could be, tey would stoically accept the same job as IW and then volunteer to be the first into the charge. Dorn is a character with flaws and amongst his brothers is one of the few that I think truly believes in the Emperor's vision while others have ambitions of their own that tie them to the great crusade and he truly fears what the Heresy will bring, it shakes his conviction in the Great Crusade. At the same he's a bit of an asshole what with being stoic all the fucking time, no one likes stone men.

The legion is the same, a bunch stone men with a burning core and who, unlike say the IH, are willing to let those emotions free when they need. IF are a very simple legion whose character is developed sufficiently.
>>
>>47947662
I had the same thing happen, they just sent you the wrong bad. They sent me the ones I needed without having to return the 25s
>>
>>47943223
Anyone downloaded the Imperial Army Red-Book yet?
If so, did they change much?
>>
Convince me why I should like your favorite legion.
>>
>>47947750
Angels of Caliban

the recent HH book.
>>
>>47947985
They wear red, black, and silver.
>>
>>47948017
I already play Word Bearers. I just feel like starting up a second one.

Also, you're an embarassment mate.
>>
is anybody here actually buying that Forge World mini at GW stores this weekend? 40 bucks for a single dude is already steep, but it doesn't even look that great.
>>
>>47948041
You shitpost once and it follows you forever. Anyway, if not Word Bearers, why not the purple and gold of the Emperor's Children? Think of them Palatine Blades and Phoenix Spears.
>>
>>47948170
I actually like how he looks, but there's no GW around here, sadly.

>>47948186
It'd help if you took off your name, mate. But really I asked because I just wanted to start a conversation and see why everyone liked their favorite legion.

Honestly, I'm thinking either Iron Warriors, Death Guard, or maybe one of the other legions should someone interest me in them with a compelling argument.
>>
>>47948263
Salamanders have some horrifically tough terminators and have some pretty great models. Flamers are always nice. As for Emperor's Children, they've got some of the nicest models and some pretty crazy rules. Even if I don't convince you, I've convinced myself.
>>
>>47945510
>Lizard like tongue
Konrad, that alone settles you needing a trip to the doctor.
>I just like to kill. I want to kill.
>hand theft
>mfw
I just want to pit him against some carp or sponges and see if he stops being edgy.
>I like children. They are tasty.
Now you're just scraping the bottom of the barrel, Konrad.
>'Even psychopaths have emotions,' Curze said, affecting a sad face, burrow furrowed, lips unturned. 'Then again maybe not.'
I have one picture of him doing something sort of like that.
>You maggots make me sick! I will be avenged! Darkness dwells within us all!
And like that it stopped being a Horus Heresy novel, and started being the ending to a Kingdom Hearts boss fight.
>>
File: 1441397086472.jpg (111KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
1441397086472.jpg
111KB, 550x366px
So what kind of lizard tongue does he have? Like a Blue Tongued Skink?
>>
Somehow I lost 3 out of the 10 jump packs I had, going out of my mind searching for them. Fucking things break off the mold resin sprue thing in the box so most were loose anyway. Fuuuuuck
>>
>>47948186
With tripfagging comes great responsibility
>>
>>47943855
>910pts deathstar
>17 wounds in total
>9 of those wounds only have a 3+ save
>only 3 of those wounds have an invuln of any kind
>alongside tactical MSU, of all things

You're just begging to be tabled
>>
>>47948855
Well he is playing the III.
>>
File: 1329527086387.jpg (21KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
1329527086387.jpg
21KB, 300x314px
>>47948855
>yfw Sigismund alone could kill that entire unit
>>
>>47943390
It makes sense that you don't have any money if you're retarded enough to even consider a pointless "bundle" instead of buying BaC at a discount followed by the vehicles/upgrades that you actually want.

Seriously, learn some basic home economics instead of buying the equivalent of lottery tickets, iphones and pyramid schemes.
>>
>>47948910
one leviathan dread could beat that entire army
>>
>>47948910
b-but why cant my unit champion beat sigismund? siggy isnt even an EC
>>
>>47948935
>tfw one ork attack moon would beat this entire thread
>>
>>47948186
>starts namefagging
>shits up the entire thread
>surprised that people don't like you

You seem to have a very poor understanding of social situations. I'd suggest you stop namefagging and go back to lurking as anon to alleviate this issue.
>>
>>47945510
>Lion breaks Konrad's back
I guess he's a big guy.
>>
I know everybody likes to shit on ITC, but is there a "30k standard" for houserules and point levels that people go by? Part of the reason I like watching batreps on YouTube is because they all follow pretty much the same house rules and play at the same point level so I know how to compare my own army.
>>
Question.

How possible is it for the Charcarodons to have existed during 30k in their current incarnation as Rip 'N Tear Space Sharks?

My friend is getting interested in 30/40k, and loves them, and is interested in the Raven Guard as well. Seeing as how he'd just be playing against me with a BaC box, I'd let him do whatever, but my inner autism wants some justification for it.
>>
Vulkan LIVES
>>
>>47949527
they were pre-corax raven guard. before corax turned them into fags. when corax showed up he basically exiled them
>>
>>47945382
Pictures of him was leaked weeks ago, it's stale bread by now.
>>
>>47945485
Butchers are shit.
>>
>>47949527
iirc, they were exiled from the RG and took a ton of stuff with them and went about stealing and looting whenever they could, which is why they had a ton of Mk.V. Probably fought traitors as well.

I'd be fine with it, and I myself would either run them as Blackshields, or Raven Guard.
>>
>>47949527

While there's some debate as to whether they're Terran Raven Guard, or "Loyalist" Night Lords/World Eaters the "Option Three" Blackshields basically have an identical rule set to their chapter tactics (with a penalty to shooting for your trouble)
>>
If I want to put a twin linked bolter on my vehicle models, what bits would you guys reccomend? I don't see anything directly for sale on forgeworld or GW website along those lines.
>>
>>47950064
>While there's some debate as to whether they're Terran Raven Guard, or "Loyalist" Night Lords/World Eaters the "Option Three" Blackshields
Not this again.
>>
>>47949527

They didn't turn into Carcharodons until later on, like M32. They were just grey and black Raven Guard 30k.
>>
>>47949555
>>47949638
Thanks mates! Just got back from dinner, this pleases me greatly.

>>47950064
Awesome. What book are blackshields in? I'll need to send him a copy of the rulebook and whatever book is needed for blackshields. Also, do blackshields have their own army list, or are their special units and rules just listed in their book and they just use the LACAL for everything else?
>>
>>47949369

2500 is the 30k equivalent of 1500 so I'm guessing 3000 is the equivalent of 1850. 3000 is the points level I see most for 30k.
>>
>>47950064
Nah mate, there's no debate. They're terran RG, it was confirmed somewhere, though I can't remember right now as I'm eating my chinese take-out.
>>
File: Ancient_Imperial_Jetbike.jpg (137KB, 525x396px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_Imperial_Jetbike.jpg
137KB, 525x396px
Night, /hhg/. I got writefaggotry to finish and spruce up in the morning. Hopefully I'll have a dream of the future, and different patterns of Jetbikes will be in it.
>>
>>47950166

Black shields use the legion army list, but with a few units remove and some new ones added

The most up to date Legion list is in the forth coming "Age of Darkness Army list" book, sneak peeks was this Monday, preorders probably next Friday

Blackshields are in HH6
>>
>>47950064
>While there's some debate as to whether they're Terran Raven Guard, or "Loyalist" Night Lords

Ashen Claws are RG/NL, Sharks are pure RG and stay away from the HH until the second founding.
>>
Is 10 Phalanx Warders in a Dreadclaw super shitty? I think it would be pretty cool but feels like a waste of an assault vehicle since they want to be assaulted...still trying to figure out how to use them.
>>
>>47950064

The only people debating that they're NL or WE are fucking retards. IA10 literally says they have RG gene markers.
>>
>>47948765
>>47949158
Brothers, all will be well.
>>
So who's taking advantage of the all time low? If so, what are you ordering? How much of this thing are you ordering? Are you a heretic?
>>
So when will we get to see Sanguinus/ Magnus? Also, any chance that Iron Warriors will get another LoW with a model?
>>
>>47951192
>So when will we get to see Sanguinus/ Magnus?

NEVER! HERE, HAVE A LEMAN RUSS MODEL YOU FAGGOT! HAHAHA!
>>
File: Pre_heresy_lion_el_johnson.jpg (105KB, 425x850px) Image search: [Google]
Pre_heresy_lion_el_johnson.jpg
105KB, 425x850px
>>47951192
It seems like they're dragging their heals, so far they've only made models for the "who?" primarchs.

>I just want a model of the Lion, and have it look like pic related.
>>
>>47951333

Lion is a "literally who" primarch.

Horus and Guilliman are the literal posterboys of primarchs.
>>
>>47951333
>totally not a traitor guise, seriously
>>
>>47946259
>Never failing
>Vengeful Spirit
>>
>>47951378

Fucking traitors and their monopoly on spikes. It's like the homos stealing the rainbow!
>>
>>47948910
I can't think of a single escort he could take that could let him live to round 2. I mean it isn't a good list but 45 WS 5/6 Str 5 attacks with rerolls at initiative 5/6 pretty much ensures that Sigismund dies either the same time he attacks or before he attacks.
>>
>>47951376
>Was the rightful Warmaster, only denied his right because Horus was dad's favorite
>Has Falcon Punched half of the HH cast
>That armor
>That sword
>"Imagine a creature so utterly perfect as to be alone."
>>
>>47951446
>Rightful Warmaster
>Sanguinius

Lion was a genius at war no doubt. But he lacked the charisma to lead compared to H-house and Papa Sang
>>
>>47951446
Gotta admit that Lion is best primarch. Autistic as hell but fucker could decapitate marines with his normal fists, half the other primarchs can't do that with super special weapons.
>>
>>47951470
He got Russ to like him, which is amazing considering that Russ is a dangerous retard that should be put down. If he was one of the first found he probably would have had more relationships with other primarch. Did Lion have any real enemies outside of one-sided rivalries over command and shit?
>>
>>47951480
>Primarchs unable to decapitate marines with their weapons
>Wot?
>>
>>47951518
How many primarchs can instant death marines?
>>
>>47951529
like all of them?
>>
>>47951529
Sanguinius could crush bloodletters with his bare fists
>>
>>47951446

And you think this faggot is less of a primarch than the ACTUAL warmaster and leader of the entire bad guy section?
>>
1 hour before I can get my little Tribune and convert him
I'll send some picture your way lads.
At long last, FW gets its ass in officiak shops.
>>
>>47952155
What are you going to convert him with/as?

Also, what legion?
>>
>>47952220
Oh, probably just a few tweaks here and there, giving him a helmet, I hate faces, and some battle damage. I'm still undecided on the glaive, I'll have to see how it actually looks with mine own eyes.

Deathguard of course.
>>
>>47952246
I hate faces as well, anon. The Deathguard are cool though, really interesting fluff. I honestly feel that they would've been better off had Mortarion never been found, as the Dusk Raiders sounded so much better off than how they were after. Plus it'd let them keep their title of Orphan Legion.

Their FW upgrade set isn't too bad, but I just don't like their helmets. Pretty sure it's supposed to tie-in to Plague Marine helms, but still, I just don't really like how they look.
>>
File: DG_Legionary2_Pre-Heresy.jpg (42KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
DG_Legionary2_Pre-Heresy.jpg
42KB, 400x587px
>>47952321
Same here, the sorta german spike look is not the kind of stuff I like.

On the other hand, Pic related is simply godlike in showing a SM like it should be, a walking talk.
>>
>>47952378
Anon, I agree with you.

With how armor looks here's how I'll rate them.

1. Mk.III
2. Mk.V/Mk.II
3. Mk.IV
4. Mk.VII/VIII
5. Mk.VI

Also, anyone know how to paint Deathguard like in that pic? Because that's more of an off-white(?) with a rust-like color on it, and it looks amazing.
>>
File: 1415316198245.gif (565KB, 360x201px) Image search: [Google]
1415316198245.gif
565KB, 360x201px
>>47951333
>My lord we'd like your input on your armor, the greaves-
SPIIIIKES
>Yes lord, and for the shoulders the Mechanicum would like to-
MOAR SPIIIIIKES
>Of course my lord, anything my lord desires. Now your kneepads, the new suit we've designed-
LIONS
>Yes lord, and your cape-
MORE LIONS
>Helmet-
LIONS, WITH SPIKY TEETH *chomping noises*
>My lord that's my cloak- anyways- that just leaves the chestplate-
GIANT LION HEAD
>With or without whiskers my lord?
>Spikes, my lord?
LEMAN RUSS IS A CUNT
>Yes my lord.
>>
File: Tuto 9.png (496KB, 1412x824px) Image search: [Google]
Tuto 9.png
496KB, 1412x824px
>>47952443
I have pic related for one kind.
And then this vid: https://youtu.be/veVRYpcJNL8
Long process but worth it if you panage to pull it off.
>>
Looking for some reading this weekend. Any short story/novella you guys recommend??
>>
>>47952569
Prince of Crows.
>>
File: 1457449966899.jpg (386KB, 1100x1556px) Image search: [Google]
1457449966899.jpg
386KB, 1100x1556px
>>47952580
how the fuck is there not an entire novel dedicated just to Sevatar and his cheeky murderous ways.
>>
How would you fellows go about a Maru Skara list? I'm thinking a couple units of 10 Palatines upgraded to ridiculous levels and then some pretty generic shit everywhere else. Maybe a unit of Phoenix Terminators somewhere. 3000 points.
>>
File: 20160625_091003.jpg (720KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160625_091003.jpg
720KB, 2048x1152px
Jesus fuck the handsome bastard was 25 pounds...so I took 2.
>>
Should I start buying from FW or wait a little longer for GBP to go down even more?

Hooray for Brexit.
>>
So almost done on these, just need to do the bases and finish off highlighting stuff and I can move onto something else. I even did a brown bearer just for some Colchis love. I really do need to get a better camera and make a light box
>>
>>47952733
Anon pls.

You know I don't have a GW near me.
>>
>>47952674
That's Talos though.
And ADB explained that Sev was not his favorite character. He writes about him more for us than for himself.
>>
>>47952769
From what I heard Sev got captured, lovey-dovey with a psyker girl(?) and the girl died. What did really happen?
>>
File: 20160625_092204-1.jpg (904KB, 1411x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160625_092204-1.jpg
904KB, 1411x1152px
Undoubtedly, he's pretty massive. Ir dare I say he's a big guy?
>>
>>47952807
That's an audiobook, The Long Night, never got around listening to it. In the extract on BL website he's talking to her ghost apparently.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 811x745px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 811x745px
>>47952824
Banegryn would like to say a couple words.
>>
>>47952824
UUUU

Joke aside, which named character is equipped with Tartaros?
>>
>>47952733
What are his rules?
>>
>>47952999
Sorry anon, he's already packed up since I'm moving out of the country tomorrow, and I'd need to destroy the package to get the rules out. There'll probably be another kind anon here soon.
>>
Emperor’s Children – 3000 points
Rite of War: 3rd Company Elite
HQ: Lord Commander Eidolon, Jump Pack – 205 Points
Elites: 2X Palatine Blades, 10X Palatines, 10X Phoenix Spears, 10X Sonic Shriekers, 10X Jump Packs – 910 Points
Phoenix Terminators, 10X terminators, Sonic Shriekers – 480 Points
Troops: 2X Kakophoni, 10X Chora – 490 Points
Kakophoni, 5X Chora – 145 Points
Fast Attack: Jetbike Squadron, 5X bikes – 205 Points
Heavy Support: 2X Legion Vindicators, Laser Destroyers – 260 Points
Caestus Assault Ram – 305 Points

I apologize if the formatting is fucked.
>>
>>47952737
>Should I start buying from FW or wait a little longer for GBP to go down even more?
im gonna wait, itll get lower than it is now.
>Hooray for Brexit.
yeah its great, we get cheap FW and they stopped being cucks.
>>
>>47949540
Vulcans alive in the 32nd mellinium yo
>>
>>47951397
That wall nigger was as far away from the bridge as possible
>>
>>47951518
Every single one
>>
Anybody still got that Mortarion's foothold guy screencap?
>>
>>47946245
Still would like a sanity check on this.
>>
File: Footstool the Plagued Marine.png (357KB, 896x4008px) Image search: [Google]
Footstool the Plagued Marine.png
357KB, 896x4008px
>>47953414
>>
>>47944420
Have you seen the portrait of Erebus?
>>
>>47953982
He goes without saying.
>>
>>47952740
I like it.

Will you etch some RUNES on them?
>>
File: alpha legion best legion.png (167KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
alpha legion best legion.png
167KB, 512x512px
Any holes in this list?
--- Alpha Legion - 2500pts ---
- Coils of the Hydra -
>HQ
Dynat: Power Dagger - 205
Saboteur: Artificer Armour, Combi-Melta, Power Dagger - 110

>Troops
10x Legion Tactical Squad: Artificer Armour, Power Dagger - 165

>Elite
5x Lernaean Terminators: 4x Power Fist, 1x Chain Fist, Power Dagger - 260
Gal Vorbak: Power Maul, 2x Lightning Claws - 230

>Fast Attack
6x Jetbikes: - 2x MultiMeltas, Sergeant, Melta Bomb, Power Dagger - 285

>Heavy Support
Sicaran: Heavy Bolters, Armoured Ceramite - 175
Scorpius - 115
Scorpius - 115

>Dedicated Transports
Rhino - 35
Rhino - 35
Rhino - 35

>Lord of War
Alpharius - 415
2500/2500pts
>>
>>47952807
>>47952842
By the end of The Long Night audiobook she is crippled but alive and continues to telepathically chat with Sevatar.
>>
>>47952860
None are.
>>
>>47952674
I know right, Sev is a cheeky fucker.
>>
>>47952740
Great success!
>>
>>47944298
That wasn't written by Gav it was from the previous dark angel novels
That writer made it even worse by Luther first mistake being not to reveal a bomb on the lions ship - even though it would have killed him as well
>>
>>47944904
He will still have legion black carapace implant which is genetic
>>
>>47945248
It's a squad where all the bikes can have heavy weapons
>>
>>47945936
Gets mind raped by plague daemon and goes Stockholm syndrome
Also makes oath against chaos then embraced said daemon
Also Lord cypher assisting garro on one hand and then turning round and helping Luther betray the imperium
>>
>tfw all praetor tribunes are reserved when you get to your local GW

Knew I should of rung ahead. Could of gone into the city to the bigger GW store but I just gave up at that point
>>
File: 1431965161819.jpg (103KB, 442x740px) Image search: [Google]
1431965161819.jpg
103KB, 442x740px
>>47955833
>tfw you forget tfw
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 1600x999px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 1600x999px
Via natkfa
>>
>>47944687
Good one.
>>
>>47945986
>Still believing Luther was the traitor.
>>
>>47955833
Life is suffering.
>>
File: blood's_angels.png (442KB, 888x666px) Image search: [Google]
blood's_angels.png
442KB, 888x666px
Turns out painting is fun when priming and base coating are done by airbrush. Still shit at doing the eyes though.
>>
>>47956386
Nah, that's pretty much why we have China.
>>
Looks like Epistolary won't be posting anything else. Anyone have any word on a new source for books coming out? I need my HH fix.
>>
>>47956844
Yup, Epistolary is dead, long live the king.
>>
When will the Praetor Tribunal be on chinese ebay?
>>
>>47946245
I think it's pretty neat. This general seems not the place for actual serious game stuff
>>
>>47946245
Looks ok, I'd make some points to give the Leviathan a drop pod, walking is alright but a pod makes them a lot more dangerous.
>>
>>47957595
its being listed on ebay now so you'd have to give it a few weeks.
>>
>>47956114

So, what exactly is the point of the card, and especially the Tribune rule, if all it says is "it uses the wargear it has" & "It is an HQ in a legion list"?
>>
>>47946783
I'd rather make a Casta, although it'd be fairly redundant with the Leviathan.
>>
File: LAAAAWW.jpg (169KB, 774x1498px) Image search: [Google]
LAAAAWW.jpg
169KB, 774x1498px
What's the best way to field Arbites in 30k, Militia list or Solar Auxilia?
>>
How would you feel if Thousand Sons were the (attack/javelin/new) speeder legion, like how White Scars are about bikes
>>
>>47958341
Militia, you get Ogryn riot squads.
>>
>>47957556
A troll stirred up a flame war on the private forum where he sources it so the mods banned general Warhammer share threads
Epistolary himself was majorly attacked by contributors so he seems to have decided to stop totally
>>
>>47958267
It's a generic lower level battle captain
>>
Still no angels of caliban epub?
>>
>>47958380
Only if they get disk speeders like the one in A Thousand Sons
>>
>>47952824
thinking about replacing that head. Would taking one of the BA heads and shaving the neck part flat work?
>>
>>47958957
Of course it works.
>>
>>47958529
When one is available it will get published. So shut up or buy a copy
>>
>>47959029
Nice. I like the look of helmeted Marines, and mk4 is correct for tartaros
>>
File: [doubts internally].gif (485KB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
[doubts internally].gif
485KB, 292x323px
>>47956114
>battle captain, a powerful leader, and member of the command team
>cant be given legion specific war gear
kek
>>
Found out there are, in fact, FW bits on ebay. Can actually make my Praetor the way I want without having to get a bunch of different full kits.
>>
>>47952707
Your question is a bit too vague, so here are some miscellaneous tips for using Maru Skara:
>the +1" movement on the first turn applies to transports (though not Flat Out), so you could use e.g. a Rhino to move up 7", disembark 7" and run D6+1" (with Crusader) to gain a massive amount of ground, which combined with Drop Pods/Flyers/Outflank/Jump Packs/Jetbikes allows for a very 'in your face' strategy
>Dreadnought Talons only count as one choice, so you could outflank 3 Dreadnoughts and up to 2 other units using Hidden Blade
>Hidden Blade is very useful to reliably get Flyers in, and since they're given Outflank it's easy for a Xiphon/Primaris-Lightning/Storm Eagle to hit side/rear armour, and the Storm Eagle could outflank in Hover mode to instantly deploy its cargo (though not charge in the same turn, but potentially useful for Tacticals)
>Outflank applies to Dedicated Transports, so you could get an outflanking Land Raider/Spartan using Destroyers, Terminators, Phoenix Terminators or Seekers
>the Champion is a SECOND compulsory HQ, meaning you need another non-Support Officer HQ on top of him, which really limits the amount of Primus Medicae/Master of Signals/Librarian buffs you can dole out
>>
I have the following models, what do?
21 x Scimitar
>>
>>47959870

Ride, Ride to ruin and the world's ending.
>>
>>47954761
>>47955270
thanks lads, and yeah just waiting on some transfers to arrive and then will do some runes and scripts on the Armour.
>>
>>47952824
He isnt really that big, hes terminator sized
>>
>>47956114
The rules are ass

Ill just run him as a champion with a Phoenix Spear for the Maru Skara requirement
>>
>>47960278
For ty dollars.
>>
>>47952733

Fuck. Mine was $83
>>
>>47953134
I really don't see much point to this list. Kakophoni are a pretty shit unit even with their upgrades, relentless helps but they are mostly outperformed by volkite caliver special weapon squads since the SWS don't have gets hot weapons. Besides that you don't have much in the way of units for 3k points.

I would probably recommend that you either go all shooty (all troops have strength 6 heavy 2 guns so you should be able to fuck up most things fairly well) with some support vehicles for anti-tank and anti-air or go assaulty taking advantage of the fact that you can give vet squads sonic shriekers and power axes or give regular legion terminators power fists and sonic shriekers for 37 point terminators that are pseudo WS 5.

Your list right now seems confused, you have terminators presumably with power swords, extremely expensive palatines suggesting an assault oriented army but you have three squads of kakophoni which would die in no time. I would probably drop one palatine squad, the phoenix guard, and the assault ram. Would free up like 1200 points giving you access to more versatile options. If you insist on keeping the core options I would at least strip two assault units of their shriekers since you don't gain anything unless you are charging WS 5 units.
>>
>>47953382
i.e. he failed
>>
File: dfbxdfzg.gif (499KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
dfbxdfzg.gif
499KB, 350x263px
>>47952707
This is how I run mine

>2 blobs of 20 marines
>10 man Volkite Culverin squad
>Fulgrim
>Contemptor Talons and Jetbikes
>Fulgrim chooses infiltrate warlord trait
>both marine blobs get into good positions near enemy
>Volkites infiltrate midfield for max coverage
>Jetbikes and Contemptors come in by outflank turn 2
>Marines run up with the extra movement turn 1 to get into good charging positions for next turn
>Dreadclaw comes in turn 1, by turn 2 its in a good position to barf out eidolon and palatines
>Fulgrim and Phoenix guard in Spartan cruise up into the now buttfucked enemy deployment by turn 3 and help clean up
>>
>>47960449
I hope when BA finally get characters and units they can operate like this.
>>
>>47960549
Nah, they will all just be outright OP on their own.
>>
>>47958661
That's what made me think of that. Right now there's not really any legion that "does speeders".

Speeders fit the TS style and they have their funky chariots.
>>
>>47960792
White scars in the novels have whole brotherhoods of speeders 500 or so strong
>>
>>47960359
To be entirely honest, it wasn't a very serious list, but I was curious as to how viable such a thing would be. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>47960824
I mean it looks fun but it is really noncompetitive. I looks good for EC, exemplifying their nature as astartes with being the best evar especially with melee combat but it isn't a very competitive list.
>>
>>47960449
This. I'll use this.
>>
>>47960427
The whole IF thing is that they have one black stain on their record. Sigismund, Lysander, Helbrect, ect. Makes them better characters and gives them more motivated
>>
File: 2016-06-25 15.40.38.jpg (937KB, 1328x1044px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-25 15.40.38.jpg
937KB, 1328x1044px
Head isnt so bad without the mohawk
>>
>>47959794
Only three years later there fella
>>
File: 1360745959951.jpg (48KB, 375x274px) Image search: [Google]
1360745959951.jpg
48KB, 375x274px
>>47961336
I want one but no way I am paying $70 for it, fuck Aus prices. Also anon you missed a mold line on the side of his face
>>
>>47960892
Which is acceptable. I don't see a lot of competitive people here.
>>
>>47961473
>you missed a mold line on the side of his face
It's a, uh, battle scar. Yea, that's it.
>>
>>47961473

NZ here, and I payed $83 for mine.
>>
>>47961473
Yeah I can't justify that price when I could buy another IF Forgeworld upgrade pack for less. Although it's cool to have instant gratification in the US....not having to wait a week or two to receive toys.
>>
>>47961336
shame i get to miss all the autists at my local gw try and assemble Fw

not to mention the fact that the manager banned fw from the store
>>
>>47961673
>not to mention the fact that the manager banned fw from the store
His reasoning being?
>>
New legiones astartes army list when?
>>
>>47961697
Not him but since they cant sell FW in the shop, having people see it and buy it could take away from their sales, which they need to keep up on or lose their job. Its basically GW fucking their own employees over
>>
>>47961497
Depends on your game environment than what /tg/ plays. If it works for you than more power to you but there is nothing wrong with adding some units to fill in gaps or removing some inefficiencies either.
>>
>>47961887
Very true. I'll work on the list. Thanks again.
>>
>>47961865
GW needs to come down and stop managers from banning FW shit.
>>
>>47962130
What they need to do is make it so GW managers can profit from Forgeworld orders in some capacity so they wouldnt have to

If I could somehow give the local redshirt credit for my Forgeworld orders, I totally would.
>>
Gonna try and build up my NL so I can use pretty much the same models/army in 40k too.
Probably going to go with a Terror Assault force.
30k:
Praetor
Terminator squad
3 volkite Terror squads and attached apothecaries
Maxed raptor squad
Sicaran

40k (Crimson Slaughter)
Lord w/MoS
Termies (MoT to represent cataphracti?)
3 noise marine squads (volkite counting as sonic weapons, Slaanesh banner counting as apothecary)
Raptors
Sicaran

At least that's what is start with. Dreadclaws would come next, but after that I'm not too sure. Maybe a big ass squad or two?
I'd like to have a plan before I start building and buying.
>>
>>47962266
I got no idea why GW dont have access to FW webstore, even something limited like 2-3 orders per store per month.
>>
>>47962317
Just play your 30k army against 40k.

Literally who gives a shit. Itll be better than the CSM equivalent at any rate.
>>
>>47956545
Really nice.
>>
>>47962426
I will whenever I can, but it's nice to have a fallback in case someone refuses to play against a 30k list. It's happened to me before.
>>
>>47961260
I don't really find Fists very good characters. And in this case I think the failure to protect the Emperor is a black stain on Dorn's record. People like Lysander and Helbrecht who are so far removed may honour their predeccessors and vow revenge or to never fail again but it's not a character flaw. I's also not interesting if all IF have the same character flaw.
>>
>>47962591
I don't know how it's a stain. Horus's ship was designed by warp fuckery to make sure Sanguinus was first, Emperor and then Dorn was never supposed to show up. It was all a wall of mirrors fucking warp maze.
>>
>>47962715
It's survivors guilt on Dorn's part. See that's an interesting character trait for Dorn himself. Sigismund can have some of that too, cos Dorn forced him to stay behind.
>>
>>47962741
Sigismund's stain is he pussied out of a battle.
>>
>>47962741
>Sigismund can have some of that too

No, Sigi is too proud for that, the entire point of the Black Templars is to show how RIGHT they are and how WRONG the rest of them are, specially Guilliman and his boys. He basically throws the codex out the window and goes "Oh yeah? You want to split us? Fine, I'll make my own legion and my own crusade! You dont trust me? I'll show you how its done!". The Eternal Crusade is just one big show off on how devoted they are to the Emperor, like a show of fake humility.
>>
>>47961697
me and my group of friends were getting into 30k and he just so happened to hate one of them so he just banned fw out of spite
>>
>>47962902
People who banned FW are people who've never played a FW army, which are better designed and funner.
>>
>>47962902
Just get a mat and don't go back. Mats are like 70 bucks.
>>
>>47962929
I can agree

the store manager just so happens to be an AoS player
>>
>>47962957
yep we got a huge gaming table and we plan on making terrain for it
>>
Feel bad for GW store managers and the FW problem

Had one convincing me today that Mk7 and Mk8 armour was in use during the heresy so I wouldn't have to order from FW.

Went home and ordered a MkV squad and umbra ferrox bolters out of spite
>>
>>47963037
Mines fine with it as long as my group shills the Hersey box that he needs to sell.
>>
>>47963095
Yeah he was shilling BaC pretty hard as well, I buy my bikers and Rhinos for my army from there, the guys nice as well and it's a shame GW pushes them to sell so hard

Honestly not sure why GW stores can't sell FW stuff, is it something to do demand outstripping supply?
>>
Anyone know how to make holstered volkite pistols? I need 8 for my veterans and don't fancy buying 4 special weapon kits.
>>
>>47963136
Something about them being able to keep FW out of 3rd party stores legally if they keep it online.
>>
>>47963171
Hopefully this exclusive praetor is the start of change on that policy, I know people who've said they'd pick up HH if the FW stuff was in store.
>>
>>47963171
Why couldn't they just offer FW stuff to third party sellers at full MSRP and tell them to fuck themselves? Sellers can buy it but they will inevitably have to charge more than FW/GW prices to make any profit making the whole endeavor meaningless on the part of the third party sellers.
>>
File: 1421563665052-1.jpg (216KB, 836x955px) Image search: [Google]
1421563665052-1.jpg
216KB, 836x955px
>>47963254
GW =/= logic
>>
>>47963246
I get inside knowledge because I'm special.

Officially no, but they said anything is possible.
>>
>>47963300
Are you Alan Bligh or Naftka

I kind of feel like GW's been making some better decisions recently, like the start collecting boxes and all the boxed games they've been releasing. FW in stores would be a massive step in the right direction.
>>
>>47963351
While this is outside my special knowledge, I'm sure there are many influential people inside of FW who never ever want that.

It's a new CEO so who knows.
>>
>>47962786
And he started an never ending crusade to attone for it.
>>
>>47963382
If you can say, and you aren't just taking me on a wild ride here why don't people in FW want it in stores, surely all it's going to do is make more money for them?
>>
>>47963351
Natfka wouldn't browse here, he gets upset whenever two people disagree with each other and starts deleting stuff or adds word filters to his comments section.
>>
>>47963446
Outside my special knowledge.

I get relatively low level GW knowledge.
>>
>>47963254
FW is a niche branch of a niche company, the entire problem for their products is that they dont have the capacity to manufacture in a large scale or store their products and GW is a small company thats not gonna make that kind of investment when they can make good money with the way it works now.

But it really doesnt matter considering the company is moving into "board games" to sell their minis and will make most generic shit for the HH into plastic products.
>>
File: 20160625_213540.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160625_213540.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>TFW you forget to buy chainaxes for your dudes.
>>
>>47963667
I'll be expecting some WIP photos on my desk, anon
>>
File: 20160618_223718.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160618_223718.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>47963775
I offer some Red Butchers in the meantime.
>>
>>47963667
Well it's a good thing they're free

Also that guy front left looks like he's shrugging, as if to say "I don't know where I left my hands"
>>
File: dv1316006.jpg (140KB, 479x357px) Image search: [Google]
dv1316006.jpg
140KB, 479x357px
>>47963793
Excellent work
>>
>>47963798
And the front right guy just wants a hug
>>
>>47963667
To be fair, with Chainaxes that was an accident that was just waiting to happen.
>>
>>47963667
Mk2 jump marines a shit
Mk4 a best
>>
>>47964053
Strange way of spelling MKV anon
>>
>>47964053
Negro please. Mark IV jump marines look like a bag of ass.Wtf is that jump pack anyway?
>>
>>47964515
It's time.
>>
>>47962266
What they should do is offer free shipping of FW orders to GW locations.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.