[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warmachine General - Leto Is A Pussy Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 23

File: WMH poster.jpg (10KB, 250x161px) Image search: [Google]
WMH poster.jpg
10KB, 250x161px
Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
Saw spoiler in the old thread and was enraged by how much of a retarded pussy leto is in blood of kings, hence
>>
>>47578113

Absolutely. There's actually a scene in Blood of Kings when he finds out the Empress has double crossed him and his response is.

>But she's a Morrowan!

And everyone else in the room kind of stops for a reason to try and figure that shit out, before they go back to dealing with the situation.
>>
>>47578705
To be fair, the whole issue of Leto being too nice of a person is shown as why he's failing as a king throughout the entire book.
>>
Doesn't Vlad give Leto a run for the title of nicest person in setting, at least re: his people?
>>
>>47578852
I wouldn't call Vlad nice, he's honorable, sure, and not an asshole, but he's not exactly super duper extra friendly.

Hark would be considered a nicer person, for example.
>>
>>47578852
Vlad just has a strong sense of duty and responsibility toward his people. He's also an all round reasonable guy. But I wouldn't call him nice, no
>>
>>47578685

Is it just me or are Idrians looking pretty fuckin neato in Mercs?

Sweet Mat 8 Pow 14 charges, pow 13 shooting that can do Damiano tier Pow 15 2 man CRAs against their prey. Not all that expensive either
>>
>>47578705

That's exactly why Julius was able to become king. Even Cygnarans that hated Vinter wanted Leto gone
>>
>>47577998
Well, that sounds pretty dumb overall. Why would they get rid of one of the few characters that's actually interesting?
>>47578852
He's kind of an ass, to be honest, but at least you can rely on him probably honoring his word and caring about Umbrey as a whole.
Any paladin is probably pretty nice, especially by PoM standards.
The empress is still in the running for top hypercunt, though there is some stiff competition.
>>
>>47579152
The empress just wants to see all of Khador's stolen lands restored at any cost. She's a damn good ruler from Khador perspective and an oportunistic bitch from her enemies point of view.
>>
>>47579191
I guess so, but you'd expect a seasoned politician like her to understand the concept that you don't *have* to betray your temporary allies at the first opportunity. At some point behavior like that would come around to bite you in the ass.
>>
>>47579267
Khador in general just isn't used to having allies is all
>>
>>47577998
TL;DR: everyone loses but nobody actually dies?
>>
>>47579316
Well, Vinter sure does.
>>
>>47579292
there's also the fact that if you were going to betray them, having them at their weakest with their ruler right there would probably be the best time to do it.

>>47579352
that basically had to happen for any of the timeskip plot or new stuff to make sense. close out that fucking chapter
>>
>>47578779
yeah it seems like there are other groups, like Caine's old boss, who are basically like "Leto is too nice to ever order X but X has to get done for the good of the realm so we'll do it in his name."

being too nice is a bad quality in a ruler especially when you're at war with (1) the opportunistic northerners; (2) the religious group you oppressed and then exiled; (3) the people who want to put a carburetor in your corpse and send you screaming at other people; (4) the natives you fucked over, etc etc etc
>>
>>47579452
Wait, who actually approved of imprisoning Menites during the war? Doesn't sound like a Leto thing to do
>>
Is there a pdf for Wrath of the dragon father and blood of kings?
>>
>>47579267
Sure, but her two most compentent generals, Irusk and Vlad, were both highly uncomfortable with the betrayal. It was a pretty dick move.
>>
>>47579410
Sure, it's just a shame we lose one of like maybe three actually interesting people under the swan.
>>
>>47579565
Magnus is back and he's a pretty interesting chap desu
>>
>>47579492
Stryker iirc. he was the only person who needed to approve, being at like the top of the military hierarchy
>>
>>47579593
Actually, didn't he kill a ton of Cygnarean soldiers and agents over the years? I mean, I get it, royal pardon and all, but I cannot imagine the military guys just accepting that. Especially considering that said new king's basis of power is precarious as fuck.
>>
>>47579836
That's why Julius didn't actually give him any real power yet.

Julius told Magnus he needs to stay a merc, but that he will get his reward when the king has the standing to do so. For now, he has his pardon and the personal friendship of the king.

Stryker also seems to be coming around to Magnus as well, he practically spoke in his defense when they were deciding what to do with him.
>>
>>47579836
And that's what makes it interesting, the civil war is over but there's still a lot of bad blood in Cygnar
>>
>>47579890
Yea, and Julius all but shot down Leto's whole "No one will get punished" thing over the traitors as well.
>>
>>47579940
I thought Julius was a bastard, so I'm not getting how he was the "rightful successor" and Leto admits he wasn't. that's not how bastardy works.
>>
>>47579886
did Vinter's pet caster from the 4th army survive? i really want to see her statted out on the table,
>>
>>47580001
I guess the Church of Morrow can declare children legal even if born out of wedlock, if the situation is right.

And given that one of the highest priests of Morrow was standing there claiming he's the rightful heir of Vinter, it sort of worked out.

Leto also said the court system would figure out the bastard aspect out, pretty quickly, likely meaning he was going to force the issue.

>>47580022
She did.
>>
>>47580022

yeah there was a concentrated effort to keep her alive, I'm hoping they'll use her a bunch more in the fiction leading to her tabletop appearance as well
>>
>>47580117
cool. i know casters are rare, so it would suck to waste one, especially if you addressed the concerns she had.
>>
>>47579836

Sort of. In the warmachine storyline Magnus has mostly fucked up inquisitors and sort of helped Vinter early on but after he went epic he mostly just stole that convoy of gold (which Julius also helped with) and killed some sword Knights.

He then proceeded to save an entire city from falling to Khador and keep Vinter from killing Leto so he's kind of a wash
>>
>>47580131

That she was corrupt, insubordinate, and at one point of the novel actively delighted in killing fellow Cygnarans because they were issued better equipment than her? She can rot in jail.
>>
>>47580022

Tbh she was literally just pStryker iirc
>>
>>47580161
She took the pardon she was offered, and was then shunted to the 4th army and left to rot for years, even though she was an experienced and battle tested caster.

Of course she's pretty pissed off at Cyngarians, especially the other armies who spent years calling her trash.
>>
>>47580131
>>47580161
>>47580173

she could totally end up becoming the magnus of the julius era
>>
Venethrax +26
-Withershadow Combine -9
-Deathjack -23
-Deathripper -6
-Deathripper -6
-Inflictor -13
-Inflictor -13
-Harrower -16
Mobius -6
Bloat Thrall -4
Warwitch Siren -4
Soul Trapper -1

thoughts?
>>
So, what happened to Vinter's body? Because if there's a chance we'll get a lichlord Vinter out of this...
>>
>>47580301

Buried under castle raelthorne.

And yes, please
>>
>>47580301
That would be pretty cool. He could basically be the Von Carstein of Warmachine, coming back from the grave to take his rightful kingdom
>>
>>47580209
I was thinking a node, 4 or 5 inflictors, then support as needed
>>
so is Sturgiss less shit in the new meta?
>>
>>47580415
Do not speak of the old times, They have past and are buried under what only amasses to a betrayal greater than the Horus Heresy.

Let the dead rest.
>>
>>47580576
Yeah, you're right. But the new Total War rekindled my interest in WHF. It's such a cruel joke that we get the best WHF video game right after the setting is obliterated
>>
>>47580446
i don't want to buy that many inflictors haha. and having an extra node is always good. what were you thinking for support?
>>
>>47580597
God, I've almost conquered the entire badlands as Grimgor now.

My forth army, I think, is going to be nothing but Savage Orc Big 'Uns. Let's see how Chaos likes that shit.
>>
>>47580470
No, he's still shit
>>
>>47580597
It is but a dream of an age long past. Beautiful yet fleeting
>>
>>47580597
8th endures and then there's 9th age.
>>
>>47580470
Who?

>>47580604
Wsc, darragh, maybe ILO jurys out on them, maybe WWS
>>
holy shit soles actually gave circle an apology for being shit at answering questions

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250276-When-our-insider-drops&p=3546274&viewfull=1#post3546274
>>
>>47580849
did he apologize for the design decision that is Age of Cygnar too?
>>
>>47580914
>Age of Cygnar
kekek
>>
"It hadn't really occurred to me how divergent my knowledge of the game had become until I started writing these Insiders and realized that I was more likely to recall significant play test changes ran than changes actually from Mk II."

"The change to the Shifting Stone's place effects was so long ago it is not even in my notes... That likely means August of 2013"

They'd been moving away from Mk2 over two years ago, and had been designing for mk3 by the sounds of it. This explains why so many of the last few releases have been bent as fuck.

Not that I agree with all the design decisions I've seen for Mk3, but we'll see how it goes I guess.
>>
>>47581086

there was also this from later in the thread

"I think another missing piece of the puzzle is theme forces. We intend for theme forces to be a regular building block of armies in the new edition. Certainly not all armies will be built using a theme force, but a lot will. And theme forces do not allow for the use of character warbeasts/warjacks that are not expressly listed as a model that can be included in the force army. The exception is that a character warbeast can be included in a theme force if it has a Bond with the warlock that is commanding the army."

so if it actually works like he says then theme forces really are the main factor we aren't seeing when we're trying to judge balance
>>
>>47581234
if this is the case I hope that there will be multiple options for any given caster so even if you dont have a particular infantry unit you can still use that caster effeciently. unlike the fairly narrow current themes
>>
>>47581337
Theme forces are now more akin to what Merc Contracts or Minion Pacts are in Mk2. They're no longer tied to specific casters, they're built more around specific unit/model types.
>>
>>47581337

I think it'll be more like one circle theme force can only use wolf sworn, and another requires no wolf sworn, stuff like that
>>
>>47581234
same time: theme forces aren't going to provide cost discounts.

so what do you suppose they WILL provide? i don't play mercs so what do contracts usually give you
>>
>>47581486
access to new units or changes to unit allowance? Game buffs like being able to advance move or AD?
>>
Theme forces are going to have direct in-game effects

I think an early insider mentioned a gun mage theme that gave gun mages CRA or something like that
>>
>>47581486
Gunmages will get CRA.
>>
>>47581508
gotcha. i remember them saying in-game effects, like a + to the initiative roll, versus pre-game effects, like cost decreases

>>47581530
lol dumb
>>
>>47581486
So would this be where people saying that Legion Infantry got better and Beasts got pulled down a little might make sense?

since the infantry appear sorta nerfed in general.
>>
>>47581486

we've seen they can add non-faction stuff you normally wouldn't be allowed to take

Llaelese Resistance Theme Force (replaces Highborn Covenant) allows one non-character Cygnaran or Protectorate unit as mercenaries.

The Kingmaker's Army (replaces Magnus' Agenda and the Bad Seeds theme force) - Magnus1, Magnus2, Bart, Damiano, and Drake MacBain as casters. Allows Long Gunner, Ranger, and Trencher units to count as mercs and join in the army.
>>
>>47581602
That's legacy though, those always did that.
>>
>>47581578
CRA Funmages won't be so bad
>>
>>47581645

right but now they use that mechanic in any given faction
>>
>>47581524
It'll be useless things like 'Place a 3" Cloud Effect that goes away after the first round"
>>
>>47581683

*can use that
>>
>>47581597

Though Legion infantry didn't really get better overall; most of our good units got nerfed too. Swordsmen and Archers got slightly better, bringing them up from 'terrible' to 'ok'.
>>
>>47581597

that's pretty much the only hope left for legionnaires now
>>
>>47581751
really what improved legion infantry was (1) the beebs staying the same; and (2) caster changes

also yeah i get maybe legos were doing too much but as with Gaspy2, the response was incredibly heavy handed.
>>
>>47578852
Absolutely not. While he's not bad by Khadoran standards, Khadoran standards state that "invade countries over ages old butthurt, distracting everyone from the real enemy, and unleash insane superpowered criminals on women and children while doing so" is a 100% okay way to go about your life. Basically every Khadoran character, no matter how personally good they are, is marred by their loyalty to a single-minded evil.

>>47579152
>The empress is still in the running for top hypercunt, though there is some stiff competition.

The primary competition, I'd say, would be Saeryn (tricked her autismo sister into becoming a deranged mindslaved mutant because it might lead to her gaining some power), Krueger (literally willing to destroy everything to prove he's not a second-stringer), and Vayl (sold her entire people into slavery and mutilation due to butthurt).
>>
>>47582205
i am so mad at Saeryn after Wrath of the Dragonfather. hunt down and drag that bitch.
>>
>>47580301
>Lich Lord Vinter

Oh god yes please.

They'd have to tone him down, though, wouldn't they? His stats, when put out before, were such that he would just disintegrate anything he touched with his mad sword skills.
>>
>>47580849
Why did circle get an appology? Hes been just as shitty for the entire insider cycle.
>>
>>47582280
Circle Christmas never ends.
>>
>>47582232
Man, what's she done now?
>>
>>47582280
first main faction post-leak aside from khador, and khador just got a truckload of christmas from it?
>>
>>47582120
beebs as in beth and bel?
>>
>>47582280

he was particularly salty with circle
>>
>>47580470
Nope still a poor mans pgaspy. Even power up fails to make him more interesting as his spellcasting and melee still sucks. His feat could have some synergy with bile thralls now, if you can clump infantry together i guess, as the 8 spray could do some work
>>
>>47582357
blightbringer

>>47582296
she had a chance to get that athanc everyone's been chasing for the whole edition to everblight. instead she betrays him, severs her and rhea's connection to him, and gives the athanc to blighterghast as a counter to everblight.
>>
>>47582592

Nonsense. She gave the Athanc to Blighterghast to prevent Toruk's imminent 100% victory over all dragons and the whole world. Everblight was being a spiteful bitch and wanted the Athanc no matter what, even though it would doom everyone including himself.
>>
Anyone have a current link to the full card decks? Only downloaded the cards for my main faction and I want to familiarize myself with my new enemies.
>>
>>47582615
It is interesting that she can think more strategically than him. And even do her own thing, instead of having to always be subordinate to the dragon. Have they ever gone into how she's able to do so?
>>
>>47581234
sounds interesting; because some cunts have already started list building and it's basically:
caster + all the character WJs
So it would be nice if that wasn't possible.

Then again I kinda hope any kind of spam isn't possible.
>>
>>47582714
I don't think that's unique to her. If I recall, Lylith went epic, don't remember which one, after almost breaking free from everblight after some incident.
>>
>>47582735

Lylyth tore the Athanc shard out of her chest in delirium when Everblight abandoned her. Saeryn is able to very deliberately shield parts of her and her sister's minds from Everblight, to the point he can read those thoughts or exert control over them.
>>
>>47582790

"CAN'T read those thoughts", of course
>>
>>47582715

no it will for sure be possible, it's just the person that chooses to go all characters will have to weigh gaining the character bonuses versus losing the theme bonuses, which sounds okay to me as long as the theme bonuses are worthwhile enough that losing them is an actual penalty
>>
The two theme list bits I've never understood:

-Caine2 requiring multiple Lancers for one of his tiers, despite their counter synergy with his abilities and no particular Lancer presence in his fluff.

-Vayl2 getting to take other people's character beasts for some reason.
>>
>>47582790
And this is the problem with having only skimmed the pre-reckoning books.
>>
Holy fuck they should have let Hungerford answer all the Insider questions, he's been nailing it in the Cygnar thread.
>>
>>47582714
It's twin magic. Twin magic is a big theme in the setting. See: Morrow and Thamar.
>>
>>47582950
Also, Haley and Denny
>>
>>47582905
Vayl is in many ways the heart of the Legion, even if Thags is where most of Everblight lives.
>>
>>47582941
what's he saying?
>>
>>47583005

He's engaging the users and answering questions, rather than being a passive-aggressive prick.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464808110500.jpg (53KB, 700x980px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464808110500.jpg
53KB, 700x980px
>>47582706
Pretty please?
>>
>>47583005

It's not so much what he's saying but how he's saying it, he's got a sense of humour about stuff the other devs don't.
>>
>>47583037
Soles' haircut isn't helping.
>>
any Legion players not starting from a base assumption of 2 units of raptors?
>>
>>47583249

Me. I don't even own one, I'm not spending $200 on two units.
>>
>>47583249
>>47583316
I just picked up a unit of raptors and anyssa for a a total of 72$ so I'm okay with that. I dont plan on getting anymore though.

pic somewhat related
>>
Let's play survey, /tg/

>List that you loved to play in MK2 that is now dead
>List that you want to play more than anything for MK3
>>
>>47583367
1. Vayl2 in tier

2. Vayl1 with a bunch of infantry and typhon
>>
>>47583367
I don't even need to post my list, I played eDenny and they gutted her feat.
>>
How's Khador lookin' in MKIII?
>>
>>47583367
Beastspam with Legion.

Bethayne combined arms.
>>
>>47583517
Pretty good. Also randomly rocketeers can join winter guard riflemen now. I think its pretty neat.
>>
>>47583517

The general consensus is that Khador and Cygnar are fighting it out for the top spot. So far it looks pretty damn good for the reds.
>>
>>47583367

legion beastspam

sarlacc pits
>>
>>47582592
>>47582615
So, wait, Saeryn and Rhyas are rogue elements now? Fuck yes, this makes me the opposite of mad.

Get fucked Evercuck, this is what happens when you go for harem end.
>>
File: vindictus smile.jpg (12KB, 165x179px) Image search: [Google]
vindictus smile.jpg
12KB, 165x179px
Is Vinny D the Skinny G god tier now?
Admonition, an actually good feat, and his old feat as an upkeep.
He seems legitimately good and not a meta dependent answer to your warcaster being shot off the table.
The only downside is he effectively has less points to run infantry with now, but boostable attacks are never that bad
>>
>>47583525
>>47583568
beast spam is really fucking fine

>>47583562
you know the old saying, "better red than a filthy swan." but seriously yeah khador won.
>>
Hungerford should really be the face of PP. He needs to handle all the community outreach shit. Soles should be locked in a closet.
>>
>>47583619
It is? I wasn't aware. Please explain.
>>
>>47583621
I can't help but notice he's ignored or brushed off the concerns about Caine and Sloan though
>>
>>47583665
Probably because they're fine
>>
>>47583589

new 'b-but sempai I don't deserve to have you notice me' exchange student more than makes up for them
>>
>>47583665
He specifically says the sloan 9 hunters thing has been tried a few times in playtesting and while it's mathematically possible it never works.
>>
>>47583691
i love that Thragrosh basically has a harem of warlocks excluding his random adopted son.
>>
>>47583651
>Jugger chassis is now mat 7, but still pretty cheap
>winterguard rocketeers get a bonus die on direct hits
>Casters didn't get nerfed too hard
>Infantry didn't get nerfed too hard
>Jacks got buffed
>>
>>47583651
the only thing that has majorly changed with beastspam is the ability to run hot consequence-free. but this hasn't just hanged for Legion, it's changed for all hordes factions. And you can certainly set up a board state gearing toward a particular frenzy so that if it happens, that frenzy is mitigated. you saw this a lot even in mk2 with how people played abby2, they'd be prepared to have a red hot feat turn and then frenzy into the survivors next turn and it wouldn't matter because the feat turn did everything it needed to do. same principle for mk3, except the stakes are higher because...khador will be taking 3 jacks on average now instead of 1, for example, and cygnar will be taking multiple instead of consolidating all points into an easy-to-focus storm wall in every list

tldr it wont be the same as it was but beast heavy is not dead like some gloomers keep on trying to insist
>>
>>47583249
do they really look that strong to you?

14/15 with 5 boxes is good, but they still die to boosted guns, and we are going to see a lot more boosted guns with more jacks on the table, and a lot less of the things they were good at killing
>>
>>47583740
Oh no, I was referring to beastspam. I don't believe your statement saying its fine.
>>
>>47583740
most khador casters got buffed

>>47583704
what's mathematically possible? there are a few issues

1. top of 1 assassination - this is what people are screaming about and it's mathematically supremely infeasible so who cares
2. shooting into deployment on the top of 1, full stop - this is kinda bullshit from a NPE perspective, honestly, and is supremely off-putting regardless of actual efficacy
3. the fact that the feat held for turn 2 with 9 hunters will be much, much more devastating. but...2 is when most people feat anyway, so there's opportunities to mitigate on bottom of 1 or top of 2 depending if the opponent went 1st or 2nd, and 9 hunters can't play the long attrition or scenario game well at all.
>>
>>47583740
WGI got nerfed into the fucking ground though

But WGRC is boss tier now. Most jacks got buffed, Ruin got hit pretty bad by the change to how he uses souls, and Drago is just fucking dumb now. Also, no reason to use spriggan when torch exists and has its flares and is a point cheaper.

That's basically the extent of the negative I can say about khador now. Other than demo corps moving from "probably won't use these" tier to "completely unplayable" tier. And some people are salty they can't run their 8 units of doom reavers.
>>
>>47583748
Frenzy did good damage last edition. Now its just one attack.

Trading beasts for jacks doesn't look possible this edition. For every 1 heavy I take there can be two crusaders, or a juggy and some solos. Can't hit and run very well now. Our cheapest melee heavy, the Neraph lost power for no reason.

I do still believe in the power of shredders, but I don't know if that can carry me through how heavy the field will be laden with armor now.
>>
>>47583760
ok dude. well considering top tournament people are also saying it's fine, idk what to tell you.
>>
>>47583807
What the fuck are you talking about? Frenzy has always been just one attack.
>>
>>47583795

WGI?
>>
>>47583795
>hyperbole about how much WGI got nerfed
lolno. worse sure but into the fucking ground, ask legionnaires what that actually feels like
>>
>>47583795
Oh, and sorscha2.

Losing her elite cadre and freezing grasp and her bond sucks. Freezer on your caster is fucking pointless. She's purely a feat caster now, and it's a feat to destroy armor in a faction that's not hurting for armor cracking. She was my favorite in mk2 but I just don't see using her now.

But in exchange I got turbo assassination psorscha, I got actually usable karchev, and the irusks and strakhov are fucking monsters.
>>
>>47583795
Ruin wound up great, don't be retarded about the souls thing. Drago, I don't care to think about, i can't think of a reason to take him even with vlad.
>>
File: nyss2.png (953KB, 631x695px) Image search: [Google]
nyss2.png
953KB, 631x695px
>you'll never be a young Khadoran warcaster recruited from the northern tribes
>you'll never have seen many of your fellows taken by blackclads and turned into warpwolves
>you'll never come across a qt Nyss ranger fleeing Everblight and tend her wounds
>you'll never bond with her over the shared experience of seeing your people twisted into something inhuman
>you'll never fight Cygnaran dogs with her at your side
>you'll never realize Khador kinda a shit when Greylords come for her seeking elvish lore
>you'll never fleet to Free Llael with her and join the resistance
>you'll never hear her laugh at how silly the prayers and incantations of Menites sound to her
>you'll never feel the cold air burn in your lungs as you duck under the swing of a Destroyer's axe together and and thrust your weapons deep into its inner workings
>you'll never hold her hands in yours, and inwardly marvel at how the years seem to have barely changed them

This is true suffering.
>>
>>47583837
They're a 12/13 single wound unit with short range weapons. There's 0 point in bringing them anymore. If they kept bob and weave for def 14 I'd still use them, but they're just not good. WGRC obsolete them. If you want an 11 point jamming unit we've got kossites (with 1 higher def and prowl) or steelheads.

>>47583858
He used to be able to kill every single fucking model within 2 inches of him. Now he just gets to turn souls into focus and can cancel a spell in a tiny bubble. It's just hard to see him being worth the extra 5 pointsl over a juggernaut except for butcher's bond.
>>
>>47583858
There is one reason to take him, but definitely not with vlad.

You can take him with a superiority caster. Speed 6, mat 9, def 13, steady. Then he pops imprint to become def 15. That is super goddamn slippery for arm 18 and 32? boxes, with poltergeist.

With vlad though just take berserkers.
>>
>>47583837
legionarries don't look that bad desu.
still cheap with high arm, vengeance and cma.
Biggest thing that I can see that they lost is set defense on the UA, but how bad could that be?
>>
>>47583934

It's not so much legionnaires are bad so much as completely outclassed by Swordsmen.
>>
>>47583934
Legionnaires actually went up in price and got nothing for it.

Also the UA lost its awesome flag and the minifeat was nerfed.
>>
>>47583885
IKRPG is for you
>>
>>47583940
I feel like swordsman are a much worse tarpit, seeing as they lack Iron zeal, full reach and vengeance.
Swordsmen definitely hit hard targets better, but I would wager that is working as intended.
>>
>>47583977
Swordsmen have basically the same threat range. 1 in melee range and 1 more speed. They hit harder. They are defense 14 too.
>>
>>47583992
>same threat range
discounting vengeance, yes

Def 14 and arm 17 both offer solid protection. Which one is best naturally depends on the threat being faced
>>
>>47583858

lolno
>>
>>47584194
Great rebuttal
>>
So what is the general concensus about MK3?

I really really rarely play and was at my gaming group for the first time after month today - lot's of good people, some play for my country on international events.

They were stocked about being able to play with new lists and a new meta but made fun of lot's of the changes and how PP obviously didn't know their own game to make it balanced.

Will the new game just be shit for the first year or so?
>>
>>47584298
Warmachine mk3 is fantastic, the best it's ever been.

Hordes mk3 is utter garbage.
>>
>>47584298
It's easy to look at changes and say "That's stupid"
However when you're playing the game it'll be fine.
Except the Rhinodon. The Rhinodon will not be fine.
>>
>>47584327
Archidon is worse than rhinodon desu
>>
Zaal1:
-Gladiator
-Gladiator
AG
AG
Hakaar
Max Nihilators
Max Nihilators
Max Immortals w/UA
Max PGBH

How's this strike you guys?
>>
>>47584452
Zaal1 can't direct spirits to hakaar anymore
>>
>>47584470
Sorry, not direct spirits, the other thing. The fury to souls thing.
>>
>>47584470
>>47584491

Honestly I expect this to get errata'd in the first wave, if not already corrected on the print cards. RAW vs RAI.
>>
>>47584540
Anyway, I suggest going with a unit of karax.

It's a trick I used in mk2 a lot. Karax does a big last standed CMA or two and only the guys that made the attack roll die. Then they've still got 8-9 jamming dudes to get through.
>>
>>47583367
>Gaspy2. good night sweet prince

>Scaverous's dirty thirty, I guess. Who said infantry was dead.
>>
>>47581524

I understand they will be more like Merc Contracts.

So stuff like allowing certain units to be taken (like Gunmages for Higborne) or allowinf abilites on certain things (again, like AD solos in Highborne) are likely. I wonder if they will have price reductions as well.

I can see something like a "Crusaders of Sul" Exemplar army having points reductions on Medium infantry or giving them special abilities.
>>
How do you guys think the wold style of play is gonna be for Circle in MK3? I've always wanted to get into circle but just for them. I'm thinking with the increased terrain their innate pathfinder might be legit.
>>
>>47584728
>Woldwatcher
Garbage
>Woldwyrd
Potentially Good
>Woldwarden
Garbage
>Wold Guardian
Decent
>Megalith
Mediocre for his cost, except with certain 'casters
>Woldwrath
Decent
>>
>>47584833
Fuck :( I was hoping they would get buffed. Ah well, now I gotta decide on either starting Trolls in MK3 or Cygnar
>>
Anyone have any Gunnbjorn dojo going yet? Curious to see how people are reconciling his toolkit and his beast preferences.
>>
>>47584939
I wanted the Satyrs to get buffed :I

Not sure why they got worse
>>
>>47582706
Second this, would love the khador deck
>>
>>47585005
>>47582706
http://www.megafileupload.com/jnKb/cards.zip?pt=FrAZGm1cPNRgDYVHIYgfMxFsYE5ApyOswCm%2BWacU5r0%3D
>>
>>47584966
Satyrs may be the 'spam huge amounts' beast
>>
>>47583621

I agree with this statement.
>>
>>47584966
In general they seem to be relegated to the budget beast role, which very well may have structural issues.

The gnarlhorn seems like a defensive tool. Roots of the earth+ being a counterslam bot and a mediocore heavy for 6 mk2 points at least needs some games to determine if it will be bad.

Shadowhorn looks like a good scenario piece.

Riphorn has a chain attack, so it will often get the same # of attacks as a warpwolf, especially with primal. Seems like a good idea to take one with a feral and use it as a primal missile.
>>
>>47585188
I thought that as well initially, sans feral. However, its slower, no pathfinder has terrible stats and needs a lot of work to get into fighting shape, and still doesnt hit that hard.
>>
>Nobody wants to sit there through a slog for two hours in a slog of a game

Fuck you Hungerford, I love those games.
>>
do we have any info on Deathjack's resculpt?
>>
as someone who cant bring himself into enjoying AoS, and hearing about all this Mk3 talk, will Warmahordes release a new two player box set with the latest addition of Mk3to introduce new players?
>>
>>47585893

yup, we just don't know when except that it's further than 3 months away. there's always picking up 2 single battleboxes when they aren't sold out
>>
>>47583591
He's at worst a B+, probably an A. I don't think he's S-tier, then again we don't know if S-tier casters will even still be a thing once the meta shakes out.
>>
>>47585105
They really aren't that though, the cheapest they get is 12 i think, and like 14 for the riphorn. Sure that's cheap but it's not spammy cheap, and at SPD5, no pathfinder, with pillowfists, they don't piece-trade worth a fuck without significant help from a caster.
>>
>>47580849
kek, in the very next post he admits they were buttmad because people were using the leaked cards to ask intelligent questions rather than throwing them softballs.
>>
>>47586111
I was kind of surprised the chain attack guys let the Rhinodon slide, they'd just had a podcast on why it was so bad.

I do get the feeling it was a gentleman's agreement.

It helped that Hungerford can actually fucking talk about the new edition without sounding like an asshole.
>>
Anyone got the Venator Dakkar card?
>>
I'm more surprised at that they just decided to not address the kara sloan issue. "we tested it out a couple of times and it didn't pan out" is not good enough!
>>
chainattack interview confirmed errata card packs are once a year and will only contain cards that were changed, for all factions. so there should be a lot of swapping/selling faction cards you don't need
>>
>>47578758
Stryker also had a heroic BSOD after Vinter simply gets up after getting knocked down by Rowdy's earthquake *attack and pounded on TWICE by said jack's hammer while he was down. Oh, and this is after Vinter goes full King Bradley on Rowdy and cleaves him in half via the torso.
>>
>>47583237
IDK how you can even show your face in public with hair like that DESU
>>
>>47581086
>Not that I agree with all the design decisions

I have no idea what the fuck was going on with the khador play test. Things are either crazy good or fucking worthless.
>>
>>47586370

it's looking likely the fucking worthless stuff worked in a theme force somehow, so that's how it stayed
>>
>>47581486
>ame time: theme forces aren't going to provide cost discounts

I will believe it when I see it. So far I can only put half my doom reavers on the table even though they are "fa:u"...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxcfmkcg1OA

>Vinter vs everyone.mp4
>>
>>47581683
>>47581602

I'd love to see some more stuff like that for actual factions. Like say, a Vichy Lhael Khador force. Vanguards and Thorn Gunmages are Khadoran in this force.
>>
>>47586448

Man why is FMA such an exception to fights in shonen? None of the rest of them use environment and different types of battlers like this.

I wish there where more.
>>
As much as I'm bitching about Mk3 I'll admit that it looks like the gap between the best casters and the rest did meaningfully decrease, which was the thing that was making the game shitty. Sloan or Caine2 might be retarded good, but they're no Mk2 Harbinger/Haley2/Gaspy2/Body&Soul/MachinationsOfShadow.

There still looks to be a depressing amount of "These are the best 3-5 casters and the best 10-15 models in your faction, play only this or you're retarded" intra-faction balance issues, but those already existed and I'll take them over having to frantically try to answer a few S-tier lists or auto-lose.
>>
Contemplating starting small forces.

Skorne: Rasheth/Mordikaar/Zaal/Xekaar

PoM: Amon/Durst/Thyra/Sevy

Think these are good caster rosters?
>>
>>47586521

I don't agree quite yet. I think there are a few obvious go to casters in every faction.
>>
>>47586676
There are, but that isn't what I'm saying. Having an obvious best caster in a faction isn't the same as having a Haley2, not by a long shot.
>>
>>47586519
Jojo does, as do some other stuff.
>>
>>47586694
OK Jojo is a great exception. I love me some jojo. Name me some other stuff please. I would be happy for other stuff.
>>
>>47586689
The problem is, I feel like Caine2 kept the threat of his assassination while also getting tons of attrition and a little bit of heavy control as well.

Yea, the overall range on his assassination is lower, but he can also save it for much later in the game.

Plus, he can GW to keep your caster from healing, so he gets to try again next turn.
>>
>>47586578
I like Big V more than Thyra, but shes alright. Amon is a little too mem-y for my taste, but he looks better than his mk2 incarnation.
>>
>>47586703
I'm trying to think of shit, but I recently watched Sword of the Stranger, and that's the only thing coming to mind. It's too late, and I'm too tired, sorry.
>>
>>47586739

Any thoughts on how you'd build Vindi in 3e?
>>
>>47586705
On the other hand he lost a shot since Reinholdt and Squire are now mutually exclusive. Shield Guard seems easier to come by for most factions as well, and losing 3" off his Gatecrasher hit-and-run keeps him more honest.

He's certainly good, almost guaranteed one of the top 3 casters in his faction and maybe in the entire game, but he's far closer to balanced than the S-tier Mk2 casters were by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>47586578
>>47586739
Thyra is actually pretty good.
I had a pretty solid list in mk2 that took advantage of her feat to unjam zealots, while simultaneously using A&H to turn zealots into monsters and make stranglehold more reliable.
The same concept could, more or less, be applied to mk3.

Her biggest problem was getting more than 1 turn of armor cracking, but with powerup and the changes to Silence of Death that won't be nearly as much of a problem
>>
>>47586768
It's a bit back and forth. Sure, he lost a shot, but he also has a much easier time killing warcasters, especially low armor ones, since he can force shield guards and Focus spending far earlier into the barrage.
>>
>>47586809
I'd bet money that's just going to be a thing. Cygnar is almost certainly going to have either Caine2 or Sloan in their list pair, account for that in yours. Neither seems so off the wall that a list that can deal with them won't also be able to deal with a good range of other stuff, I see lists designed around bringing high-quality shots being pretty common on the Warmachine side of things given how well Power Up interacts with gunjacks.
>>
>>47586703
Fate/Stay Night is fun for mythology showdown rock-paper-scissors, but I'm fairly biased towards it since it was my first exposure to visual novels and weaboo fightan. Fate/Zero is around if you prefer grittiness to shounen.

I'd say it depends on how familiar you are with general western mythology, and whether you'd enjoy seeing elements of it run through a westaboo filter.
>>
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that if a model/unit doesn't have something to make it not die to blasts you just don't bother putting it on the table if you can help it in Mk3.

In terms of Units you can sneak by with Reposition to prevent blast-bait clusters without sacrificing offensive positioning since each individual dude isn't super important (though units with important officers are boned), but unless you have a way to make them not die the days of a squishy support platoon following your army around might be dead and gone, because a single Redeemer will just fucking end them.
>>
>>47583367
pGrissel MMM

eMadrak with a load of fens
Runners up are stumbling drunk Rok and Ragnor giving the mauler beatback
>>
>>47586767
I'm thinking two units of zealots, a unit of exemplars, bastions with senschel and 1-2 castigators as the core of the force.
>>
>>47587034
Replace castigators with reckoners, I screw those up sometimes.
>>
So, I heard an MK3 core rules pdf is making its way around the interwebs. Does anyone know more about that?
>>
>>47581697
How is that useless? Place it in front of the enemy caster and deny him 3" movement on turn 1.

Yes I am grasping at straws.
>>
>>47582276
>They'd have to tone him down, though, wouldn't they?
Well they already have Bane Lord Grimmr and while that guy is too god for his (MK2) points, he's not incredibly broken.
>>
>>47583367
Mak3 "Molik eats the World"
Mak3 "Tiberion and Molik eat the World"
>>
>>47583724
>his random adopted son
You don't mean Thagrosh do you? Because Thagrosh is literally Everblights self-insert.
>>
>>47583621
Well, Hungerford was Quartermaster before, so he kinda has experience dealing with man-children.
>>
How's this for a Mk3 Durgen Madhammer list?

Madhammer +29
-Avalancherx2 -34
-Gunnerx2 -12
-Reinholdt -4
Nyss Hunters -19
Herne & Johne -5
Horgenhold Artillery x2 -12
Thor -4
Rhupert -4
Orin Midwinter -5
Alten Ashley -5

Feels pretty good to me, only glaring weakness I think is lack of magic weapons but short of shoehorning in A&H just for that purpose I might just have to suck it up.
>>
>>47583724
>>47587342
Oh. I misread. But regardless, Everblight has the harem, Thagrosh is the "protagonist" through which he acts.
>>
>>47583704
He didn't specifically say Sloan + hunter spam.
He said WJ spam in general.

I srsly hope PP has got it right and covered over the obvious gaping holes:
>Players are fucktards and will use the stupidest spam lists if it allows them to get an easy win.
But somehow, I feel doubt;
>Because eVayl tier list, Bradigus tier list, eMorvhanna, eLylith, Body & soul, eAsphyxious, Butcher2 mad dogs (albeit manageable, it's still stupid)
>>
>>47583795
whoa whoa: doom reavers are FA:U, so why can't they use 8 units of Doomreavers???
>>
>>47584346
Nah. Archidon is bad-ish. It still has its uses, though I wouldn't want to pay more than 10 points for it now. However there is absolutely no reason to take the Rhinodon. If you want SG, take the Razor Worm.
>>
Anyone have leaks of the Troll or Cygnar decks?
>>
>>47585893
>>47585980
They're expected to be released in August. There's going to be one with Cygnar+Cryx and one with Skorne+Trolls. So the core factions that were not in those boxes in MK2.
>>
>>47583885
Deserters deserve to die desu
>>
>>47587034
>zealots
Right now those seem like a rahter poor choice.
>>
Which faction is the saltiest about the MK3 changes?
>>
>>47587536
your faction
>>
>>47587536
Cryx, Circle, Skorne. Two out of those are understandable.
>>
>>47587352

that anon meant kallus ruined it
>>
>>47587560
Why Circle? Haven't really payed attention to them
>>
>>47587562
Does it though? Traditionally, a harems needs a few eunuchs to guard it. Kallus fits right into that role.
>>
>>47587568
They got hit pretty hard. Movement shenannigans are all but dead. Especially the Druids got hit by the bat of nerfs.
>>
>>47587541
>Ret
Other than like the 4 retards on the forums that crutches hard on Wo9V, we don't have anything to be salty about m80.
>>47587560
Are the changes really that bad?
>>
Hey guys, what's the TL;DR for MK3? Better or worse than mk2? How do they compare in fun and tactical options/army building?
>>
>>47587598
Right now it's worse than MK2. Give it a year and it'll be better.
>>
>>47587598
Broadly better, the top-end of the power curve came down noticeably and most factions seem to have better (still not perfect) internal balance. Infantry-based skew lists are probably dead, ridiculous theme forces are dead (hopefully they won't come back from the grave in 6 months when the Mk3 themes come out, but probably not), and taking a large battlegroup as a Warmachine player isn't super retarded anymore.
>>
>>47587573

before we could just say 'Waifus of Everblight', now it's 'Waifus of Everblight and Kallus' like he's knuckles or something
>>
>>47587251
>place a cloud effect
>Deny him 3" of moment

>pick one
>>
>>47587747
So you don't charge up your caster turn one? I assume you play a lot of Vayl1.
>>
File: general_ossrum_by_nfeyma-d5dwy6k.jpg (168KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
general_ossrum_by_nfeyma-d5dwy6k.jpg
168KB, 774x1032px
Is he just going to be a Snipe dispenser again this edition? The hit to infantry probably hit him as well.
>>
>>47586448
Vinter is Luca Blight
>>
Skorne player here

so i took a 2-3 month break from the game and now i can't win any games playing "mk 2.5". i used to have a pretty respectable win rate. now Retribution, Khador and Cephalyx are kicking my ass.

None of my old staples seem to be doing work except Tiberion. my lists always seem to fall flat of having something really good. my opponents don't really ever have the "wow thats unfair" moment that i could get out of them in mk2 when mordikaar had his list kill some of his nihilators and revive them into a forward position to charge the enemy or when Molik launched himself 20" across the board immune to free strikes with boosted attack rolls or when they faced Fist of Halaak and there was a lot of boxes to grind through.

is skorne really and truly dead? Am i just struggling to find the right things that click in mk3?

What faction should i play instead anons, i want to actually win games and have fun.
>>
>>47588141
>eHexeris + Razor Wurm
>Gladiator spam
>Black Spot + Swordsmen

Were you doing any of these?
>>
>>47588141
>is skorne really and truly dead?
No. Some of our stuff went to shit, but >50% is still good. It's still possible to win with Skorne, just not in the same way as before.

>my opponents don't really ever have the "wow thats unfair" moment
That is a good thing.
>>
>>47588214

None of my opponents are bringing any infantry, its just jacks jacks jacks jacks jacks. So i tried going heavier on beasts but i cant seem to piece trade with khador because at the end B3 is still alive
>>
>>47588285
Apply more Gladiators.
>>
>>47588218

What sort of lists should i be playing then? right now i just feel at disadvantage in every matchup :(
>>
File: ossrum.jpg (274KB, 360x2016px) Image search: [Google]
ossrum.jpg
274KB, 360x2016px
>>47588036
He has no affinity to infantry
>>
Jesus can PoM just shut the fuck up about MUH CHOIR for more than 3 hours?
>>
>>47588311
Against jack spam? That's really tough, not going to lie. I'll be dropping the following into it:

Mak3 (+24)
- Gladiator (14,+10)
- Sentry (15, 5)
- Soldier (18, 23)
- Tiberion (22, 45)
- Molik (20, 65)
2x PGBH (min) (10, 75)

It should also be able to deal with shooting really easily, as only one heavy is really sucseptible to it and there are 4 shield guards in the list. Rasheth could also be possible, but I'm having trouble coming up with a good list for him.
>>
Where do you find Vinter's dnd stats?Voyle's as well for that matter.
>>
>>47583367
Kraye, with anything remotely interesting
Magnus the Wargod
>>
>>47583885
You know, this makes me wonder.

Has Morrow ever accepted the worship of a non-human and taken them into his little slice of the afterlife? He really doesn't seem to be the kind of deity that cares whether or not his worshipers were of whatever race or whatever tribe, so long as their deeds were good.
>>
>>47588724
>Caring about Morrow when you could be worshipping Thamar
>>
>>47588320
Colossal + Gunbunny spam could be potentially good
>>
>>47588756
If you're taking an Earthbreaker (or hell, any Rhulic heavy with a gun since they all fucking KD) take 1 or 2 of the Dorf artillery. Knock something down and suddenly two 3-dice pow14s to the face from 16" away with arcing fire.

Gunbunnies are real good but if you've got ranged knockdown, which Rhulic lists always will because it's on all their heavies and colossal, it's more than worth subbing out bunnies for arty.
>>
>>47588752
Well, I think we can both agree that either one is preferable to Menoth.
>>
>>47588795
Shieeet, the stunties are looking real good
>>
>>47588795
Don't forget, that gunbunny costs only 6 pts, and have all of his attack and damage rolls boosted for free ("free focus" + "Powerful Attack").
>>
>>47588795

Artillery is pretty good now...outside a rhulic list

With a rhulic warcaster you have gunbunnies with fully boosted hand cannons or scatterguns for 6 points a pop. They're absurdly good.
>>
>>47588826
Yes, which is why you'll still take some number of bunnies, but when you're shooting a knocked-down model the to-hit boost is irrelevant and you're looking at 14+3d6 from the artillery compared to 12+3d6 from the bunny.
>>
>>47588320

That being said, rhulic artillery with fire for effect is just sickening.

I'd probably say one unit of forgeguard, one artillery corp and then just fucking jacks. It'll be great
>>
>>47588901
They're the same cost, one delivers a boosted POW14 (well, additional dice, which is super relevant if you put Fire for Effect on it or feat with Durgen) with AOE4, the other delivers a non-AOE boosted 12.

Unless you take nothing but gunbunnies and melee heavies you're going to have knocked-down targets to drop those shots on, because every single non-light Rhulic jack with a gun has KD on direct hits. And a lot of times you won't even need that, a lot of factions have heavies sitting at DEF10 or 11 which their RAT5 hits very reliably, and they'll be RAT7 from aiming a lot because of RNG16 with arcing fire.

I'm not saying don't take gunbunnies, take both. Bunnies can play more forward, but for putting damage on hard targets at range there might not be a more point-efficient model in the game than dwarf artillery.
>>
File: morvahnapony.jpg (47KB, 401x494px) Image search: [Google]
morvahnapony.jpg
47KB, 401x494px
Rather than whining about our models can we bitch about the local community?

>Shop opens in area
>First of it's kind outside of GW
>Mostly plays Magic
>Community is extremely cliqued
>Shop shuts down because the clique drive people off and it can't pay the rent
>Years pass
>Only decent member of the community opens a new store
>Store is huge and has tournament quality tables and space
>Being used for national tournaments
>Same clique still go to the place looking at the photos

It's just waiting to die, there is no way a town this size can support a store like that. It doesn't have the population for it and a store a quarter of the size couldn't survive while being in a prime area unlike this one.

I was considering trying to get into the tournament scene but I don't feel like dealing with playground politics. Guess I'll just stick to my local meta at another store instead.
>>
>>47583552
I wouldnt call it random, they are a winterguard infantry squad why should they not get rocketeers? I'd say more random would be them getting something like an Assault kommando flamethrower
>>
File: 34.jpg (2MB, 3588x2550px) Image search: [Google]
34.jpg
2MB, 3588x2550px
It's strange, right?

Ossrum. . . -28 (Bullet Dodger)
* Earthbreaker. . . 38 (Snipe)
* Blaster. . . 6
* Blaster. . . 6
* Gunner. . . 6
* Avalancher. . . 17
* Driller. . . 10
* Driller. . . 10
Artillery Corps. . . 6 (Fire for Effect)
Thor Steinhammer. . . 4
>>
>>47589151
Maybe your lack of friends is connected to your subconscious desire to fuck a domestic animal?
>>
>>47589401
Are you retarded? The brony fanart is so awful I couldn't resist, it's the sort of people in this clique and felt fitting.
>>
>>47589151
Sounds like the store is big enough to avoid the clique. In theory.

Anyway the important thing isn't presence of clique people. It's whether the store owners are automatically on their side. So long as situations in store are dealt with by the store in a fair matter then does it really matter?

Or are you just a socially allergic person that finds it easier to hide from people you don't like rather then finding a way to live with them being around?
>>
>>47583977
swordsmen aren't a tarpit, they do work

legos are ostensibly a tarpit, but they lack any real tech to do it.
>>
>>47586022
cygtards and khador clearly have some S-tiers :P

>>47586111
jfc soles is the worst

>>47586234
it's not a real issue is the thing. like, the list is garbage, it can't attrition, blowing your load top of 1 is the worst way to use it. that's a whole different thing from whether any accuratee shooting into deploy top of 1 is a good thing.
>>
>>47589879
Old store owner was one of the clique people. New store owner couldn't be arsed with politics last time I spoke to him but he has no reason to step on any one's toes when he's known them a decade plus at this point.

I don't think it's big enough to avoid them, holding large events every couple of months doesn't change that it's a small town and every town around it has their own store (or two) that people play at.
>>
>>47586403
how do you figure? or how many units do you have? you can get 5 max units in with base 75 points, plus WJP, and a few points to spare
>>
>>47587373
because 8 units of doom reavers is 104 points by itself you fucking idiot
>>
>>47587360
> stupidest spam list
> get an easy win
The whole point of the listbuilding is to make winnable list. The easiest win - the better.
>>
>>47589996
Depends on the game you're playing. If I'm playing for a tournament then yes, if I'm playing a casual game then no.
>>
>>47587589
>Are the changes really that bad?
for cryx, some of them made honest sense (most of the changes to infantry/recursion are frankly very sensible) and some of them people are just like...what/why? like denny3 soul manipulation, denny2's feat being gutted, or the 6 negative changes to gaspy2. even stuff like the leviathan being a flat d3 shots instead of say d3+1, when that's its whole job. it just comes across as reactionary, heavy-handed, and excessive.
>>
>>47590018
It goes without saying, ofc
>>
>>47589996
and the sloan list doesn't do that. unboosted POW 6s are garbage, AP or no. shield guards are more prevalent. so is terrain.
>>
>>47590061
>and the sloan list doesn't do that. unboosted POW 6s are garbage, AP or no. shield guards are more prevalent. so is terrain.

They get a free focus from Power Up.

But even then, they aren't that scary. Against most models, it's the equivalent of a single pow16. And with only 8 models, it's a matter of time before you get engaged since Hunters lost parry.
>>
>>47590246
the whole premise of top of 1 shooting is using the feat after running (which costs focus), and they can't spend focus on out of activation shots anyway

i'd be more scared of the opponent holding the feat til 2, because that's both boosted and unbolted damage. but by 2 your shooting will have found them as well, you might find terrain or counter-feat, etc. i think Lylyth2 feating on 2 would be destroying or rendering useless at least 4 hunters that turn
>>
How does MK2 -> 3 transition compare to MK1 -> MK 2 transition
>>
>>47590622

Much less drastic in terms of changes. More like Mk2.5
>>
Man when more cygnar spoils
I can't wait to see haleys trashed to the ground
>>
>they plan to have first errata wave out by the official launch date (not lock and load)
>invalidating your 20$ new card purchases the day they come out
tip top kek pp
>>
>>47590672
So, you haven't seen the card deck huh.
>>
>>47590622
Less major rule changes, more minor rule changes from 1>2

Much much more shit fits in MKIII though.
>>
>>47590684
>Errata invalidates your purchase

Just like after every errata when you are forced to buy a new deck
>>
>>47590622
It is a full edition change as far as the rules go. Enough has changed that you won't be able to take your MkII knowledge of the rules for granted in MkIII.

The model stats vary from small or no changes beyond points to role-changing rewrites. Arguably more extreme than the 1.5 to 2 change in intent even though some models are hardly changing.
>>
>>47590684
>buying a physical card deck
that's your first fucking mistake
>>
>>47590672
haleys are still v good. they were more tweaked than anything else. none got a baseball bat to the face like gaspy2.

>>47590762
seriously doubt the core rules changed THAT much
>>
Working on an online army list editor, still very rough:

conflictchamber.com

Some theme lists (especially eCaine, eZerkova) don't work quite right, and the "save as image" option is both wonky and only works on Chrome at the moment, but anyone mind poking around on it and giving feedback?

It's mk2 at the moment, but I should be able to update it to mk3 within a couple of days of the official release.
>>
>>47590021
I agree with most of what your saying, except for the infantry changes- specifically the bloodgorgers (blenders that need a mat fixer) and satyxis raiders (loosing AD, all prayers attatched to the sea witch). Plus the shitty stuff-rev crew, black ogren, got worse.

I wish the bane thralls could have kept tough, but whatever. I'm already not playing them so no change there
>>
>>47590884
Hi Dave.
>>
>>47590896
Hi, um, er, fellow Madisonian.
>>
>>47590884
Not bad, the only complaint I have Is the current graphic design. Check out X-Wing builder if you don't know about it already. Otherwise it's bretty good, keep up the good work
>>
>>47590896
>>47590907
Get a room you two

Also >tfw excel spreadshert mkiii list maker
>>
>>47590926
Thanks. The graphic design is "there are gradients everywhere because I have no idea what I'm doing with design" and I can't make a modern flat design not look like ass. Will check out X-wing builder .
>>
>>47590894
blood gorgers i don't get at all why they were shit on. satyxis...i prefer gang to power swell, and the prayers are cool, and aren't most unit-enhancers like this on the UA? losing AD sucks but they're not supposed to be jammers now, just infantry killers (new carrion thralls are jammers i think)

how did rev crew get worse? their recursion got better. riflemen got better. inb4 RAT 4 sure, but debuffs are always a thing.
>>
>>47589958

You could field 10 units in a 50pt game. In a 75pts game you can only ever field 5 units. In a 35pt game of mk2 you could put 7 units on the table, some times I would run 7 units and a conquest at 50 pts.
>>
>>47590979
Cryx doesnt really want for infantry removal, i find the new bloat package is very effective at dealing with single wound dudes- so making any unit primarily infantry removal is a bit redundant.

If you compare the Raiders to the Witches you find the effectivness is built into the weapons with the UA granting blessed. Additionally they have stealth wich allows for the pretense of delivery.

Its been my impression that prayers were usually on the unit leader
>>
>>47590979
I guess they didnt get worse they got a kind of sidegrade but remain unappealing.

I might as well own 3 units for 90% of my lists: bane knights, blood witches and nyss
>>
Cygnar, Cryx, or Skorne
Who's going to be the most fun
>>
>>47591332
cryx__
>>
>>47591332
Cryx for the d3, Skorne for the 30 points of support bloat
>>
Is there any information on mercenary contracts?
>>
>>47591435
they dont exist
>>
>>47591435
I think the only solid thing we've heard is that the merc / minion contact paradigm replaced theme lists for all the faction's. You can expect at the very least to have a cephalyx one at launch.
>>
What do you think? Is this thing legit or I need more jacks and\or colossal?
It seems like a mismatch, but I don't really want to buy colossal now, considering how many other models I should buy for Mercs

Casters: 1/1
General Ossrum (*28pts)
* Grundback Blaster (6pts)
* Grundback Blaster (6pts)
* Ghordson Avalancher (17pts)
* Ghordson Driller (10pts)
* Ghordson Driller (10pts)
* Wroughthammer Rockram (14pts)
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters (Cylena and 9 Grunts) (19pts)
Horgenhold Artillery Corps (Leader and 2 Grunts) (6pts)
Reinholdt, Gobber Speculator (4pts)
Taryn di la Rovissi (5pts)
Thor Steinhammer (4pts)
>>
>>47591718
Why Taryn? Just more magic gun for the gunline?
>>
>>47591750
To get los
>>
>>47591718
Which one is your tuneup target?
>>
>>47591785
Probably, Avalancher
>>
>people are unironically making lists with the Avalancher

Warms the heart, it does.
>>
File: aval.jpg (125KB, 720x504px) Image search: [Google]
aval.jpg
125KB, 720x504px
>>47591828
He looks like a good warjack. Is it wrong?
>>
>>47591871

It was shit in MK2. It's still not very good in 3e, but it's still worlds better.
>>
>>47591301
at least denny1 gunline survived, yeah. some rumors of us getting our very own ranking officer. nyss + black spot? yes plz
>>
>>47591887

With Thor it's breddy gud

It's a nice solid shield guard and knockdown tech with a respectable pow, fitting one in to any rhulic casters battle group isn't too bad
>>
>>47591871
17 point for a Jack that can't wreck heavy target is too much.
>>
>>47592349

strength of granite gives it a pretty legit second/third wave threat.
>>
>>47592094
Thats true, the denny1 gunline survived and I still have all the pieces I need for 'the dream' list that I never run.

Somehow I think Scaverous/venethrax/denny3 will be my pairs for the first few months
>>
File: earthbreaker-side1.jpg (202KB, 1279x959px) Image search: [Google]
earthbreaker-side1.jpg
202KB, 1279x959px
Is it mandatory to include Earthbreaker in the competitive rhulic list even in MK3?
>>
>>47592564

Nope. With the Thor nerf it's not even an ideal choice anymore.
>>
>>47592580
And what should replace it now? More drillers for melee? Rockrams for ranged? Gunbunnies aren't very powerful even with boosts
>>
>>47592564
I need more pictures of that.
>>
>>47592685

Gun bunnies are horrifying assassination vectors, especially with ossram feat or gorten feat.

You know the adage that boosted pow 12s kill casters? they'll make your opponents very aware of that one way or another

But back to the original question, drillers are goty tier now with pow 18 and 1 inch reach, rockrams are top tier anti heavy tech.

Earthbreakers still plenty viable but you can definitely do a list with three heavies and like 4 bunnies if you really wanted
>>
>>47592685

>gun bunnies aren't very powerful

Wait until you watch two blasters wipe out a unit and a half of banes and two gunners follow it up with a couple fully boosted pow 12s on something important

It's comical how under estimated bunnies are
>>
File: foct.jpg (881KB, 1279x3836px) Image search: [Google]
foct.jpg
881KB, 1279x3836px
>>47592875
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPPgoKHBRY

>>47592876
>>47592975
So if I'd want to start rhulics in mk3, how many jacks I should buy?
>>
Anyone got a good side-ways pic of a mage lock pistol? I'm trying to free-hand one.
>>
>>47593014

One of each. No I'm serious, that's actually not terrible. Save the Avalancher for last, maybe get two drillers. Real men own at least 1 basher.

The great thing about Rhul in Mk3 is that you can just upend your Jack tray on the table and use literally everything effectively. It's great
>>
File: Dual Magelock Pistol - Flipped.png (162KB, 535x258px) Image search: [Google]
Dual Magelock Pistol - Flipped.png
162KB, 535x258px
>>47593035
Llaelian
>>
>>47593087
Close to perfect thanks.

Free hand is going on my llaelese mule (which I'll probably never use again, thanks PP) but I'll try a normal-barreled mage lock. Shouldn't be too hard I hope.
>>
>>47592685
Rockrams and Gun Bunnies are amazing.
>>
File: ho2hpMT.gif (3MB, 400x206px) Image search: [Google]
ho2hpMT.gif
3MB, 400x206px
>>47590684
Errata in this case means fixing typos and spelling errors you moron
>>
>>47593226
PP is king of invalidating purchases
like all those legion beasts
all those cephalyx players with their cryx models
all those infantry that sucks now
skorne in general
literally invalidated
>>
>>47593255

What Legion beasts got invalidated?
>>
>>47593264

The Ravagore.Everyone bought it and It's cheaper now and it's ranged attack is better. Literally trash.
>>
>>47593255
The like 3 cryx modles? To be fair, it was shity of them to let them buy mobius
>>
>>47593341
Am I missing something? Why would that invalidate it?
>>
>>47593438
That was sarcasm, I suppose
>>
>>47593341
i c wut u did thar
>>
File: 1459142774160.jpg (12KB, 350x396px) Image search: [Google]
1459142774160.jpg
12KB, 350x396px
>>47593255
Your models are permanent, the rules are not - Hungerford

Get wrekt shitlord
>>
>>47593504
PP literally stole from the consumers
>>
>>47593519
You're trying to hard, shit posts should be subtle
>>
>>47593132

You'll still be able to take a unit of gun mages in the highborne theme list.
>>
>>47593226

The Wold Guardian is getting changed already.
>>
I think my favorite thing right now is how they were talking about how the ranger change means you can't run a single model out of formation anymore, and then someone pointed out that you just run the leader up, then field promote when he dies.
>>
>>47593264
Schythean. Lost 2 pow and 1" range on a single attack that didn't even always happen
>>
>>47593601
Oh neat, I missed that. What's changing?
>>
>>47593630

It's losing the no push rule since that would make it completely immune to Bradigus' feat.
>>
>>47593630

Soles confirmed it's going to lose Sturdy so it can actually interact with Brad's feat.
>>
>>47593581
I know, but mule probably doesn't have enough punch in the new meta, gun mages got a whole lot worse, jack marshals got worse (for crit fishing) and I don't have the points for the jack-marshalled mule anymore anyway thanks to how many jack points I'm forced to take.
>>
>>47593665

Everything about the marshaling is true although the mule is still pretty dandy especially with 1 free focus to boost dat dere hit roll, pairs well with Ashlynn too
>>
>>47593629
You're really going to bitch about that?

It picked up Thresher so it can actually mulch infantry like it was intended too, instead of being the best armor cracking beast in the faction, which it wasn't intended for.

It also gets an additional die against infantry. And picked up another initial.
>>
>>47593665
Yea, you can't fish for crits anymore, but that +2 damage on the AOE makes it much more consistently better.
>>
>>47593692
I know it was more buffed than nerfed.
I'm just taking the piss at the dragon dildo riders
>>
>>47593574
Tell that to the 100$ of models cephalyx players can't use anymore
>>
>>47593690
>1 free focus to boost hit roll, paired well with Ashlynn too

Yeah, I'm trying one mule on ash herself firsh. I really want it to work. I actually started converting a second mule from a mangle rshortly before the leaks hit.
>>
>>47593746
How do you spend a $100 on 2 bloats and 2 pistol wraiths?
>>
>>47593755

Ashlynn is still basically just a super solo but power up alone makes running two nomads and a mule completely viable with her. Throw one extra focus on the mule, pop feat, watch niggas fly
>>
>>47593826
>2 bloats, 44$
>mobius 25$
>2 pistol wraiths 24$
CLOSE ENOUGH MATE
>>
>>47593871

You deserved it for making such a shit list

>hey sorry about that $94 you spent on Cryx models you can't use anymore
>but hey now dominaters are FA:2 you should buy some more Mercs good goyim :^)
>>
>>47593871
LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED TO START FREE RIDING YOUNG LAD
>>
>>47593264
Stinger, harrier. Most of the nephalim got worse. Zuriel is trash now.
>>
>>47593871
>mobius
>buying new models when you know a new edition is in the works
Am I supposed to feel sorry for these "people"
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 500x500px
>>47593755

Don't worry, Ashlynn is going to have some fun new stuff if they let highborne take one menoth unit (presumably not choir)

>mfw Knights exemplar with quicken and Ashlynn feat
>>
>>47593746
What about those models isn't playable? Play Cryx if you're so butthurt. Again, the models are usable, they're just rules changed you fucking cry baby
>>
>>47593964

I'd say all the light Nephilim got better. It's just that some still aren't worth taking.
>>
>>47593964
Dodge is a fucking insane animus on some of the Legion casters.
>>
>>47593871
Why are you ever bringing pistol wraiths in the first place?
>>
>>47593973

Mobius came out months before the new edition was announced, and PP specifically advertised him to Cephalyx players.
>>
>>47593964
Stringer trade its kamikaze attack and reach for assault.
Now its more of a spray bot, which is good since it was too close to the shredder in design before
>>
>>47594089

Shame the spray is absolutely worthless due to RAT 4 and FURY 2.
>>
>>47593991
>Don't worry, Ashlynn is going to have some fun new stuff if they let highborne take one menoth unit (presumably not choir)

>b.but my converted amethyst gun mages
>>
File: 1453326789441.jpg (99KB, 980x991px) Image search: [Google]
1453326789441.jpg
99KB, 980x991px
>>47593504
Tell that to gaspy2
>>
>>47594230
You know that there's a straight up gun mage unit for mercs now, right?
>>
>>47594258
I know but I'm trying to salvage as much as I can of the models I took 2 years to convert and paint. It's gonna be a hard trip.
>>
>>47594276
Just use the gun mages you have as the new ones.
>>
>>47593991
Flamebringers are going to be crazy with roulette.
Not only because of their high defense, but also because of the crits and accuracy they really need.
Normal daughters would also be good, I suppose
>>
>>47594034
No they didn't. He was never advertised as such, a ruling was made by an infernal and that's why you got to play him. Get over yourself.
>>
File: laughing gauls.jpg (71KB, 538x482px) Image search: [Google]
laughing gauls.jpg
71KB, 538x482px
>>47594370
>not having a projector built into your phone
>>
>>47594370
Maybe don't do that then? Or tell them to wash their hands? Not hard anon

>>47594244
OK.

Gaspy, you're cool and I love you but you were fucking stupid in Mk2 and had to get changed for Mk3. Don't worry though, you're still perfectly playable and still pretty good.

Don't listen to the Cryx players. They're whiney little fucking babies and are not worthy of the glory of the Dragonfather
>>
>>47594432

It still amazes me how awful the Cryx forum is. Sanctjud is absolute poison and a detriment to the entire community.
>>
>>47594458
Faction forums and Facebook groups are all terrible
>>
>>47594458
b-but moar banez
>>
>>47594314
I'd love to. I doubt my group will allow me to though.
>>
>>47593519
>>47593746
LITERALLY INVALIDATED!!111!!1!1!

>>47593629
>scythean
you are a complete fucking moron
>>
>>47594162
play it with a beast mistress in a vayl list. or go after shit the Raek has already head butted or the seraph has sprayed. or fucking boost. just find any reason to stop baselessly whining, shit
>>
>>47594622
TOs are one thing, your casual play group is assholes if they don't let you

also there's no reason to think you can't have both Amethyst and Thorn gun mages in the same list
>>
>>47594432
eAsphy straight up *hurts* that and the eDeneghra feat change were the things that made the least sense (not Asphy having changes done that was needed but how many changes he ended with, pretty much everything he did well was gutted in some way)
>>
>>47594458
Wait, are you actually saying one of the forum members is really just the Dragonfather in disguise?
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.