[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 63

File: Silver Tower.jpg (460KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Silver Tower.jpg
460KB, 1920x1080px
>resources
pastebin.com/3qzKt8gd

Tzeentch Arcanites when edition

I want my Tzeentch Arcanites Ogors force now!
>>
>>47284249
Old Thread
>>
>>47301462
imgur.com/a/AHfG5

Warscrolls of Silver Tower, /tg/ forbid me attach them.
>>
>>47301462

Less Khorne, more Tzeentch
>>
File: 600lb.png (209KB, 504x308px) Image search: [Google]
600lb.png
209KB, 504x308px
How will Kroak protect us from the birds
>>
>>47301582
The Tzaangor models are so nice but they suck, not to mention they give you 2-2-2 of each variation.

I still say they'll be great as Beastlords since you have a nice unique model, the weapons all match up with Beastlord weapons, and it makes sense that your Beastlords might have special mutations relative to the rest of your force.
>>
File: 948497958239121.jpg (60KB, 800x500px)
948497958239121.jpg
60KB, 800x500px
>>47301681
He won't.
He can't.
>>
>>47301582
Poor Blot. Going to eat so many arrows.
>>
>>47301709
rip froggo
>>
Extra hero getting silver tower rules.
>>
>>47301753
God damn they're on a fucking roll with Silver Tower
>>
>>47301753
Are Heros defined as on foot models? Can I use my lord on Daemonic Mount
>>
>>47301788
And thats cool.
The "create your hero" and "we will release basically every warhammero hero"is AMAZING.
You can create your own guy, make him explore dungeons and collect loot so he can be prepared for(hopefully)harder expansion. Is a great concept both for player-and for them, since it make space for both new products(base game, expansions)and old models(heroes).
Well played, GW. Well played.
Since the release of the start collecting they are keep getting better.
Maybe... maybe there are decent human beigns at GW again?
>>
>>47301806
>Go dungeon delving with your bros
>Stormcast shows up on his Stardrake
>>
>>47301806
Daemonic Mounts I'd say no, but stuff like a Knight Venator with the huge-ass wings are allowed, so I guess as long as the other players approve..
>>
>>47301753

I'm actually pretty excited for the possibility of using almost any hero model for this game. In theory, there's almost infinite replay ability.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>47301462
So I've been working out a new dungeon crawling model inspired by Darkest Dungeon for AoS which uses as much of the vanilla rules as possible.

You need the following
>Basic die and ranges for AoS
>Four heroes
>An entire enemy army
>A pack of cards

It's between two players, one who plays the heroes and one who plays the denizens of the dungeon.

The objectives are relatively simple: the heroes must traverse the dungeon to the exit.

To do this, (and this is where Darkest Dungeon comes in), the player must move their heroes through five "rooms" which are separated by "hallways".

To represent the hallways between the rooms, playing cards turned face down are used. The suit of the card represents what happens when the card is "traversed" (flipped over)
>Hearts:
Nothing

>Diamonds:
The heroes happen upon a bookcase full of tomes. Roll D6. The result causes the following effects:
1-3: The heroes are troubled by what they read. -1 to number of attacks, bravery and spellcasting.
4-6: The heroes receive a map with arcane knowledge of the traps which lie ahead. Can be used at any time. Select a card you've yet to traverse and replace it with a Heart.

>Clubs
A trap. Upon revealing the card, roll D6 with the following results:
1: All heroes take 1 wound
2-4: The hero player selects one hero to take 1 wound
5-6: The trap is dodged.

>Spade

Engagement: The villain rolls 4D6. This result is the sum total of wounds the mob they're about to field is allowed. If the number cannot be reached exactly, round down. Heroes are not allowed.

The battle occurs until one side is either routed or killed. If the heroes win, their wounds carry over.

To determine the length of the hallways, the villain rolls 2D6. That is the number of cards they are allowed to place. They then roll 3D6. This number is the "points" they are allowed for the hallway. These points are spent on the types of card laid down:
>Nothing: 0 points
>Bookcase: 2 points
>Trap: 3 points
>Engagement 4 points
>>
>>47301989
Continued...

Upon reaching a room, the hero player rolls D6 with the following results:
>1: A boss fight
The villain rolls 5D6 and can field that many wounds. They can also field a hero
>2: An engagement
Same as hallway rules.
>3-6: Rest
All heroes return to full health.

I'm trying to think of some refinement or fluff for this.

I was thinking that the place they're raiding is maybe a castle from the Old World that a lord--sensing the end of the world-- commissioned a wizard to protect from the ensuing destruction.

The protection worked, but was bombarded with all the winds of magic, horribly distorting the architecture of the place. During the Age of Chaos, it was raided and occupied by forces of malignancy.
>>
File: 1319153330582.jpg (81KB, 683x476px) Image search: [Google]
1319153330582.jpg
81KB, 683x476px
>>47301641
Tzeench is easily the best God
>>
>>47301881
Hmm I suppose I will just use my DnD minis as I don't really need any of the on foot Heros and I'm gonna play with my DnD group anyway so they won't give a fuck about non-GW.

>>47301869
Lol
>>
File: HudDaaa.jpg (215KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
HudDaaa.jpg
215KB, 1600x900px
>>
File: nurgletto copia.png (841KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
nurgletto copia.png
841KB, 3000x3000px
>>47302094
Shut up, birdie. Go back pooping on parked chariots. Entropy and death(by plague)is all that means.
>>
>>47302230
Noice.
>>
File: photo_2016-05-17_19-23-08.jpg (162KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-05-17_19-23-08.jpg
162KB, 960x1280px
And here I am, finished assembling the celestant prime and...
Well, it is probably one of the best model GW has made.
Other sigmarines ranges fom boring to good but holy shit, this model is insane.
The pose and composition is reminescent of medieval miniatures of angels and saints, the model is big but not too much and it has a LOT of details but its not drown in them like other new GW models.
Fuck, its amazing. I kinda fear the moment when Ill have to paint him... so many light sources. i think ill make it "bland" and then add so many lights from the comets in the base and his weapon to make him look like a fucking walking disco.
>>
>>47290598
Does arcane powers from the familars stack?
>>
>>47302335
It's pretty cool.

I'm fucking terrified to collect Stormcasts because I'm shit at removing parts of models from spruces.
>>
File: burns4.png (327KB, 640x480px)
burns4.png
327KB, 640x480px
>>47302335
>he based it before painting
>>
>>47302381
How can anyone be bad at this

Cut with clippers and file down any extrusions
>>
>>47302391
>not basing before painting

What are you, some kind of loser with no brush control?
>>
Still no informations about ordinary people?
>>
>>47302391
Stormcast and base are not glued together.
I should have painted each piece of the base separately but every time I tried it it has been such a pain i prefer struggling with strange positioning.
>>47302381
All stormcasts i assembled so far(aka celestant prime and 2 dracoths)are really easy to assemble and their pieces are big enough not to break accidentaly when you remove them.
>>
>>47302432
slaanesh ate them all bruh
>>
Can you get 1+ rolls or do rolls cap off at 2+ like in 40k?
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 960x533px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 960x533px
>>47302335
>Well, it is probably one of the best model GW has made.
>>
>>47302369
>If a Chaos Wizard is within 2" of any Chaos Familiars...
So no, you're either in range and get the bonus or you're not in range and don't get the bonus. No multiples.

>>47302432
If you're talking about normal humies, then there have been for months. Normal Empire stuff is Free Peoples and they're basically descendants of people who fled to Azyr and now want to reclaim their old homelands.

If we're talking good guy humans who never made it to Azyr, then Godbeasts shows that they spent millennia hiding from crazy Chaos fucks and as soon as THE GLORIOUS STORMCASTS stroll along the humans decide to don whatever weapons and armour they still have lying around and go rip some Chaos dudes to shreds or die trying.
>>
>>47302518
According to the official FAQ you can have rolls that automatically succeed with proper modifiers

>Q: Is it possible for modifiers to make a hit, wound, or save roll automatically successful? For example, a save roll of 3 or more with a +2 modifier.
>A: Yes. In this example, the save would be made automatically.
>>
>>47302518
You can add modifiers indefinitely but most outside balancing systems add the rule that natural 1s are always fails.

>>47302527
bit late for the 10 am shitposting, don't ya think?
>>
File: 1424615621525.jpg (12KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
1424615621525.jpg
12KB, 247x204px
>>47302432
there's plenty, but it changes from book to book because is pushing a "the realms are so vast there can be anything in them" .
So far we have saw ordinary people in azyr or whatever its called sigmars domain; we saw scattered tribes constantly running from chaos, a village contested by chaos gods were villagers didn't give a fuck because almost everyone's a cultist(because they absically knew nothing else), tribsmen not succumbed to chaos yet and i don't recall anything else now.
>>47302527
Its objectively good, even if you don't like sigmarines. Don't look at it with nostalgia googles.
A lot of the new models for aos are shit(and i don't understand why they are not firing the guy who keeps making monster DRAGONS WITH SQUARED FEET)but this one is undeniably a great model.
>>47302518
nope, 1+s are actually a thing.
there are some skills that activates on a 7+ too.
Stackable +1 to save are a fucking cancer.
Pic untrlated, I just hate elves.
>>
Sup /tg/, I need some help understanding the balenced level of the new Tzeentch models in the Silver Tower game when compared to the Khorne Bloodbound models in the starter set.
> https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/818
I'm thinking of gifting these new models to a younger sibling since they like the Tzeentch aesthetic and so that they can have a relatively decent starting force. Really, I just need to know if the new guys hold up on their own at the moment or if I'll have to reinforce them with some more dudes.
>>47301869
>Stormcast shows up on his Stardrake
Well you gotta be prepared for all the Tzeentch fuckery within the Silver Tower afterall.
>>47302230
Damn, those Slaanesh Riders look amazing on the Juggernauts, nice job anon.
>>47302335
Looks good anon, I am curious about how you'll paint him up. A lot of celestial detail on him to be had.
>>
>>47302230
He died like he lived.
>>
>>47301582
>imgur.com/a/AHfG5

Is it just me or is there a typo when it comes to the Brimstone Horror's "Split Again" rule where they accidentally say Pink Horrors instead of Blue horrors?

I'm mainly asking because that could be the difference between an impressive Tarpit strategy using Pink Horrors and using the Split and Split again rules.

Now I haven't played Age of Sigmar yet but how do Pink Horrors fare as a fighting unit?
>>
>>47301483
Thank you
>>
>>47302625
>If you don't think Sigmarine Saint Celestine is one of the best models GW has made you must be a shitposter.
>>
>>47302628
Speaking of... what is the deal with the Ironjawz?

Like they look cool if they're painted well, but GW's default luminescent yellow armour just looks fucking stupid.
>>
>>47302750
>GW's default luminescent yellow armour just looks fucking stupid.
Its a comeback of '80 colouring from 40k orcs.
Yes, it looks bad, and its funny how people complained
HUURR DURR ITS TOO GRIMDARK, WE WANT OLD WHF BACK
they bring back it, colourful again
WE WANT GRIMDARKKKK
Seriously, people don't remember how whfb was back then. Only the books werent too colourful because..well, they were painted in black, white and grey.
Now that the market is saturated with grim and dark games, Aos is a breath of fresh air with his colourful aesthetic.
I only wished they didn't put the toe so down and basicaly removed all blood from the art... Its power metal aesthetic suffers heavily from the lack of "real" violence ihmo.
>>
>>47302856
a comeback would be bright red and green, man

and most importantly bright red and green actually looks GOOD on the new orcs
>>
>>47302856
Yeah, I actually really enjoy the aesthetic and armies of AoS. Even some of the grimdark armies are pretty interesting guys, like the Flesh-Eater Courts and the Skaven Pestillens.

The armour wouldn't look too bad if they dialed back the brightness a little and maybe put a bit more detail on.

I guess it does kind of play into the whole Orc thing of thinks working because they want it to. Like gold that isn't augmented super-armour would let swords sink through it like butter, but the Orcs see the Sigmarines in their shiny stuff and think that they'll be that strong if their armour was made of gold.
>>
>>47302697
Considering it references Blue Horrors like five times before I'll assume it's a typo.

As a unit Pink Horrors are pretty good, just not in melee, as they have decent shots at high ranges but meh attacks in melee. They can also cast one spell per turn per unit, so they're pretty multi-purpose. And yes, assuming you somehow get the models to pull it off, 10 Pink Horrors could make a 50 Wound tarpit for the opponent to wade through.
>>
>>47302951
>IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>I warned you about horrors bro
>>
File: Lightning Iron.png (147KB, 629x213px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning Iron.png
147KB, 629x213px
>>47302750
>Like they look cool if they're painted well, but GW's default luminescent yellow armour just looks fucking stupid.

There is a canon explanation for it (picture related).
>>
>>47302745
Oh look, it's that argument again.

You don't have to like the look, genius. You don't have to like the aesthetic or the idea behind the model.

But the model is an extremely high quality, well-done sculpt and if you deny that, then yes, you're either a shitposter or retarded.
>>
>>47302987
Okay, that's pretty funny. I accept it.
>>
>>47302987
>>47302937
the canon idea behind it is fun but...they look bad.
But hey, you can paint them however you want. Im seein some ironjaws extremely BRUTAL around the net in Aos groups.
>>
>>47302680
>I just need to know if the new guys hold up on their own at the moment or if I'll have to reinforce them with some more dudes.

If you just want to add enough to make it fair compared to the starter set, add a box of Pink Horrors and have done.

If you want to make the army even more colorful, add a Burning Chariot kit. Pluck it apart into a Herald of Tzeentch, an Exalted Flamer, 3 more Blue Horrors and two Screamers and if you're a damn fine modeler, pluck those flames apart and make some Brimstone Horrors out of them. That also leaves you with a Disc of Tzeentch to eventually put a Chaos (Sorcerer) Lord on.
>>
>>47303055
exactly. If you paint the formerly-known-as-Black-Orcs with black armour, they look damn fine.
>>
>>47303059
>Take a Burning Chariot kit and convert into other models.
That's a really great idea anon, thanks.
The conversions might be tricky but it can be done and the new additions would add to the army well.
>>
File: coolface.png (128KB, 556x618px) Image search: [Google]
coolface.png
128KB, 556x618px
>>47302987
>>
>>47302750
>subjective opinion
>>
>>47301462
Anyone got PDFs or Epubs of the painting guides?
>>
>>47302987
Where does the sigmarite go when it dissappears? Mallus?
>>
>Sera player always plays his summon spam, 1+ rerollable Guard, 25 Chameleon Skins, 6 Ripper list
>guess he likes to play power lists and bring my Engine Coven against him
>12 Stormfiends, 6 WL Cannons, 3 Doomwheels, 21 Jezzails, 6 Ratlings and a lot of 'locks and an Arch Warlock
>Play the Ambush Scenario from the first book
>get first turn and evaporate more than half of his army, including both Slann from the table
>packs his stuff and leaves, calling me a powergamer

I suppose the scenario really wasn't in his favour.
>>
File: 1413229055817.gif (1MB, 255x240px) Image search: [Google]
1413229055817.gif
1MB, 255x240px
>>47303222
>calling me a powergamer
kek

also, TRIPLES DON'T LIE

but srsly
if you field 25 chamaleon skinks you are asking the other player to field something equally OP.
>>
>>47303221
Back to the Forge with the Stormcast soul to be remade alongside it, I presume.
>>
Anus tightly clenched awaiting comp rules for AOS bros WW@?

Until then, how would AOS general rate:
>30 black guard
>10 cold one knights
>two rep bolt throwers
>5 warlocks
>5 dark riders

Also which general would go best with that?
>>
>>47303218
read the OP
>>
File: 1457121137045.png (131KB, 315x263px)
1457121137045.png
131KB, 315x263px
>>47301819
Apparently the new CEO is pretty neat, and with everything that's happening lately I believe it.
>>
>>47303295
>5 warlocks
You should try bumping this up to 10 so you get the guaranteed 6 wounds
>>
>>47303222
The sheer amount of mortal wound you shit out with your list is absolutely disgusting.

Well done, such an Coven must be a glorious sight to behold.
>>
>>47303222
That scenario is serously horse shit
>>
>>47302987
That's pretty cute
>>
>Play quick 4 player 20 point game
>Death player fields 4 necromancers
>"oh boy here we go"
>summons a 50 point army on his turn

How do you deal with this situation, /tg/?
>>
>>47303222
Sera players confirmed to be the tau players of AoS?
>>
>>47301819
Wait, there will be a tool to make your own heroes? Like, I could take my Grey Seer and have him explore the Tower?
>>
>>47303685
yep, going to be a thing on the app I believe
>>
>>47303589
Limit summons to 1/2 or 1/4 of starting point/wounds.

Or maybe make it scale that you get 5 wounds to summon for every 10 starting wounds.

make a system or alternatively don't allow such cocksuckery
>>
>>47303589
Don't most point systems require a summoning pool?

That being said, what would you say is the best way of implementing some sort of comp system in my local GW store? or should I wait for the general's handbook?
>>
>>47303601
Worse, actually. Yesterday some Sera-fag was explaining that all Sera units are worse stat-wise than those of other factions to account for Summoning. Tau player at least have the decency to admitt their stuff is a bit too good.

>>47303589
Really depends on what he summons. One of my bros only uses summoning for Skeletons and Zombies, so that is kinda fluffy and cool. But if they start to pull Morghasts, Terrorgheists and what not, ask them to tune it down.
>>
>>47303759
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Age-of-Sigmar-Errata-and-Scenarios.pdf

These were allegedly used at a GW store
>>
>>47303759
From what I understand there is no agreed upon system for summoning with the current homebrew point systems out, everyone has a different idea.

>>47303768
Personally I think it's okay to use summoning as a way to get back slain skellies and zombies. Their saves are godawful so I feel like it's expected of you to let them get mowed down so you can summon them somewhere else. Fielding an army in adherence to a point limit, and then immediately summoning Morghasts and shit is just awful though, even though it's technically allowed.
>>
>>47303844
That gives me an idea

If its a 100 wound game maybe don't allow summons to make your overall wound total over 100

So if you lose a regiment of 20 skeletons you can summon 20 and be back at 100 but you cant summon another 20 as soon as the game starts to "game" the point count
>>
>>47303844
Here's a system I would suggest:
>In addition to the base points, there is a reserve summoning pool of a quarter of the amount of the base game. In addition, summoned units cost 1.5x as much
>You can chose to forgo your summon pool and use that amount of points to field more units
>>
>>47303794
Jesus christ that document is pretty much just a salty rant about how they don't like AoS core mechanics.

>>47303879
What I've seen is that you can give up 1 point of stuff on the table for summoning points, up to a limit. so in a 100 point game you could have 100 on the table, 80 on 40 off, 90 on 20 off, ect.
>>
>>47303902
>>47303940

The only issue with this I can see is why would you bother putting anything in the summoning pool when you can just put them on the field at the start?
>>
>>47303960
I know some models can come in on any side of the table when summoned so that could be useful to hold in reserves so to speak
>>
>>47303348
I will do that, sounds like a large ass unit though.

>>47303902
A basic summon pool seems like the way GW would head, or atleast that's what I would do.
Yugioh had a caped fusion deck that worked in a similar fashion.
>>
>>47303960
>why would you bother putting anything in the summoning pool
Sorry totally forgot a "2" in my post, so you can give up 1 point of stuff on the table for 2 summoning points, up to 20% of your army. So it would be 100 on the table vs 80 and option to summon 40 more. The advantage is more potential points, but harder to bring them on.
>>
>>47303940
>>47303902
>>47303879
>>47303844
A lgs store where I play sometimes added Sudden death rule to activate when the opponent summons too many models. It kinda balances it, because the opponent can only summons that many more models in the field, and eventually can summons them back if they die, but leaving the balance just slighty altered.
>>
>>47303844
Here's a system I would suggest:
>In addition to the base points, there is a reserve summoning pool of a quarter of the amount of the base game. In addition, summoned units cost 1.5x as much
>You can chose to forgo your summon pool and use that amount of points to field more units
>>
>>47303685
yes, they are both releasing(apparentely)stats for almost all generic heroes in Aos AND the app has a tab called "Create your Hero", wich really tingles my jizzles.
>>
>>47303589
What he has and what he can summon is only 20 points.
>>
>>47303589
We limit summoning in my FLGS like this:

1. Summoned units cannot attempt to summon other units on the turn they arrive
2. A particular Summon spell can only be cast once per player per hero phase regardless of how many wizards there are. For example, you can only cast Summon Saurus Warriors once per hero phase even if you have 2 Slann.
2a. A failed summon can be attempted again by other wizards.

This cuts down on the summon spam of wizards summoning wizards and prevents people from summoning 40+ zombies in one turn that turn into a massive single unit at the end of the round
>>
>>47304048
>summoned units costs MORE
Why the fuck would I ever bother summoning them instead of just fielding them in the first place

Summoned units should cost LESS because you can't field them immediately and have to give up casting other spells to play them.
>>
>>47303879
This.
>>
>>47304010
When you are dealing 6 damage every hero phase you will be glad you have 10 Warlocks
>>
Hey guys, sry for being ignorant, but could you give me a rundown on what Age of Sigmar actually is?

I played 40k and a little bit of Mortheim years ago, if that helps.
>>
>>47304060
>bro and me have been playing Warhammer for almost 10 years now
>he woodelf and me skaven
>we started at the same day, buying one core unit along with one hero
>he a glade lord with two handed weapon and me a grey seer
>those two models have duked it out over countless battle
>over time they get names and traits as we craft a very light narrative
>survived the end of the old world to fight on in the new world
>and now, after all that fighting they have to work together

I know they are only toys but man... that kinda makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
>>
>>47304190
Its like WHFB but they streamlined it in a good way
>>
>>47304190
all what you need to know you can check out the Pastebin up in the OP post. the first 3 or 4 link are all explanations to what AoS both lore wise and as a game now.
>>
>>47304048
yeah what >>47304109 said. That would make summoning worse than deep striking and would make Morghast Harbingers the ONLY unit worth summoning as with 3D6" charges they can easily charge after being summoned.
>>
>>47304201
Awesome, dude.
>>
File: image.jpg (529KB, 1760x1920px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
529KB, 1760x1920px
Why is it so easy for every asshole to walk in here?
>>
>>47304677
Take a minute to unfuck yourself from the situation.
>>
>>47304201
Why do they have to work together? Feel like I'm missing sth
>>
>>47304677
Because your dumbass Gaunt Summoners decided to let these assholes in.
>>
>>47304781
Silver tower - derp. Ignore me
>>
>no shitposting in 3 days

what happened
>>
>>47304677
It's the endgame dungeon, where else would the heros go when they hit the level cap?
>>
>>47305030
We're learning to accept eachother.
>>
>>47305106
The creature that should not be named focused on fantasy general,but propably got banned or something
>>
>>47305030
shitposters realized their shitposting was a waste of time and getting them nowhere, so they got bored and gave up

of course now just pointing out there are no shitposts will reinvigorate the shitposters for a little bit
>>
>>47305154
I know I'll get hate for this but I continue to find the shitposting slav worse than Carnac ever was, because Carnac at least gave a damn about the lore and game instead of just dredging up old accusations against the setting and gameplay over and over again.
>>
>>47305030
Not only no shitposting, but more and more new people seem to arrive. I think the new direction GW goes slowly takes roots and gets people interested in AoS.
>>
File: Be'lakor_the_Dark_Master.png (3MB, 1150x1259px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor_the_Dark_Master.png
3MB, 1150x1259px
>>47305258
Yesssssssssssss,
missssssssss me.
WORSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHIP ME.
>>
>>47305258
All carnac ever gave a damn about was showing why arcaon was the mostest awesomest nothing personnell donut steal character ever, and how sigmar is a pussy and why the seraphon dont pay rent. carnac and his 'love' of the fluff can fuck right off
>>
>>47305301
I just went to the beginning of an AoS campaign in my very suburb-y area of Los Angeles where the lgs is okay at times, mostly full of MTG. I was very surprised to find a good group of around 90 + dudes playing the campaign on various tables and shit which is way more than I saw playing on a Sunday at the local GW (though the store's size may also factor into that)
>>
>>47305258
Slav is really insufferable,he even got a janitor's help for a while and deleted every point that complained against him.
Carnac is more of a folklore at this point,/tg/ would be a sad place without him
>>
File: Swigmar.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Swigmar.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>>47305331
>mfw still no rent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2NTaf0du78
>>
>>47305339
>deleted every point that complained against him.

The janitor deleted the posts you announced your reports in. He was doing you a favour because it's a bannable offence to announce that you reported/reporting someone.

The janitor deleted some obvious shitposts from the Slav from the Silver Tower thread yesterday. Who knows what else came of it.
>>
>>47305362
kek
>>
>>47302996
>But the model is an extremely high quality, well-done sculpt and if you deny that, then yes, you're either a shitposter or retarded.
Not him, but I would argue that both the concept and the execution of the model are not enough to put him as "one of the best models GW made".
The pose is static and inexpressive, what should be the main characteristic and focus of the model, ghal maraz, is left aside on par with an anonymous sceptre, the "letters" on armour and dress are thick and intrusive with those spacing and those few things that separate it from a rank and file stormcast are the unreasonably elongated mantle that acts independently from the supposed winds he's generating and the lion head motif in his chestpiece that by being blocky and unrefined ends up drawing parallelisms with toy-like concepts like power rangers' robots.
And on top of that it manages to fuck up symmetry with the crotch's lightnings (but this is more a personal irk than an actual point).

The prime ends up as one of the WORST stormcast models; everyone with a working eye attached to a working brain knows the stormcast line has at its apex the venator, the prime is even worse than the normal prosecutors.
>>
>>47305562
You see, I'm not denying the Venator is just about the best-designed model in the SE line. There's a reason that guy's the most expensive normal-sized SE Hero and people still buy him like crazy.
I do however think you're being a bit too hard on the Prime.

The overall positioning of Ghal Maraz may not put the focus on the weapon, but the fact that it has extremely intricate detail does make it stand out. The coat may be unrealistically long, but it too is very detailed with some very realistic creasing aside from the fact that no wind is stirring it. The breast plate I completely agree with, that looks out of place, as does the crotch comet, but I think the lettering all over the model is actually just right, very finely crafted but kept big enough that you don't have to be a painting genius to paint them and the star vortex, specifically the spheres, is very detailed. I also think the helmet is designed perfectly; flashier than your average SE but still in keeping with the whole small-heads-to-make-headshots-harder idea the SE and Space Marines share.
>>
File: Be'lakor Rocks.png (5MB, 1472x1716px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor Rocks.png
5MB, 1472x1716px
>>47305329

Be'lakor rocks.
>>
In the dark elf exiles list, can the exiled blood cult take a blood cauldron crewed by hellebron and still receive the bonus?
>>
>>47305030
I guess we found some value in AoS
>>
>>47305836
>I do however think you're being a bit too hard on the Prime.
I have no reason not to be given the price and the role it covers.

The quality of the sculpt of the stormcast line is uniform given their computer generated details and the likely contemporaneity in creation of the line.
In the only aspects the model has left to shine for, design and composition, it is really lacking.

>with the whole small-heads-to-make-headshots-harder idea the SE and Space Marines share.
I don't think anyone ever thought about something like that, especially given that having a headpiece doesn't change the hitbox of the vital parts of your head.
>>
File: Chaos in Heaven confirmed.png (312KB, 956x592px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos in Heaven confirmed.png
312KB, 956x592px
>>47301681
>>47301709
Do you really think Kroak is here to save you?
>>
>>47306047
>>47306047
>look up the unit entry
>they are just mundane rocks without any magical properties

Mere rocks cannot harm formless shadow. That's definitely not Be'lakor.
>>
File: Celestant-Prime.jpg (605KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Celestant-Prime.jpg
605KB, 1224x1632px
>>47305562
I tried to give my Prime a little more of a dynamic pose by replacing the sceptre with a spear and twisting his hips a little.
That said, I don't like the kit all that much, though Judicators and the Stardrake are worse kits overall on account of their monopose bullshit; wouldn't have bought the Celestant-Prime, but the owner of the flgs gave it to me as a gift, so, hey, whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 800x547px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 800x547px
>>47304201
That's really cool.
>>
What's the explanation for Chaos Dwarves in the mortal realms? Didn't they get almost entirely wiped out and all their sorcerous powered rendered inert by the death of Hashut?

We desperately need some kind of lore FAQ from GW to address all the oversights like that!
>>
>>47306624
Pretty easy. Nothing official says that Hashut died.

The Chaos Dwarfs were attacked by Grimgor's Beast Waaagh!. Their city and temples were destroyed. However, it's possible that some Chaos Dwarfs escaped to the Realm of Chaos. They hung there until they found their way eventually to the Mortal Realms probably as a faction within Archaon's mighty invasion force.
>>
>>47306624
>>47306680
Wait did the Chaos Dwarves get end times fluff?
>>
>>47306817
From what I hear it was only a passing mention in the End Times book when they talked about Grimgor destroying their civilization, with Ogre support.
>>
>>47306817
Yep, in the "Lord of the End Times" novel. Grimgor destroyed them off-screen as vengeance for them enslaving him and whipping him when he was a youth.
>>
>>47303336

He's played Warhammer all his life and apparently holds decision making meetings when Kirby is unable to attend.
>>
>>47304677

>Why is it so easy for every asshole to walk in here?

Weird right? Almost like... it was... some kind of... plan...
>>
File: 2ab.jpg (27KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
2ab.jpg
27KB, 303x303px
>>47306364

>n-n-n-n-n-not muh B-B-Be'lakor
>>
>>47307333
It was the Changeling!
>>
>>47306364
Well, they were pretty big rocks.
>>
File: Kroak croaks a croaker.jpg (77KB, 700x526px) Image search: [Google]
Kroak croaks a croaker.jpg
77KB, 700x526px
>>47301709
>>
File: Be'lakor.jpg (761KB, 2045x1983px) Image search: [Google]
Be'lakor.jpg
761KB, 2045x1983px
>>47306364

There is only one undivided Daemon prince, according to Be'lakor's fluff. The Daemon in question is specifically referenced as an Undivided Daemon Prince, and uses the Be'lakor model.

Either Be'lakor is falsely defined as the only Undivided Daemon Prince, or mere rocks can indeed harm formless shadow.
>>
>>47307405
Be'lakor status as the only Prince of Undivided happened in 8th ED. This WD event was in 7th ED, right? 8th ED also added another piece of fluff about Be'lakor. The Chaos Gods banned Be'lakor from manifesting into reality like daemons do and imprisoned him in the Warp. He can only circumvent this if he gets a mortal to summon him into reality and even then he only have a fraction of his power due to the curse. What does this mean? Be'lakor wouldn't have been able to step from the rift alongside the daemons in the event.

That creature is clearly the Changeling who is known to have taken the form of Be'lakor for sometime.
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 1698x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 1698x1000px
>>47307500
Seems legit.

Incidentally, anyone have any funny changeling stories?
>>
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2016/05/future-releases-for-games-workshop.html?m=0

via Squiggly on Faeit 212
I don't think Dark Angels are getting any new models for a while.

Rubics tail end of year, C.S.M revamp next. As others and I have said before.

There's not really any room this year. You have two lots of Heresy stuff, the first of which I think is soon. Although perhaps abit later than I was originally expecting. I heard the next 2 weeks of May are; ST Expansion and then the RoB board. So I don't think there coming this month, April-May just referred to the rules. I thought they'd drop with the rules but obviously not. Unless they come right at the start of the June, but I don't think that would work... On top of that; Fenris pt 2, AoS 2nd edition/3 ways to play/whatever you want to call it, Slyvaneth, Metal Duardin, A mountain of Tzeentch releases. As a GUESS maybe they'll get a repack for Chaos marines.

That's not even counting in for new codex launches for Genestealer Cults and Deathwatch (Not saying there this year, I have no idea atm.) Shadowkin, which will later tie into Slaanesh stuff. On top of that, more Greenskins, a Summer Campaign. I don't even think all that is going to fit in this year. Nevermind a CSM release, maybe a quick slapdash codex at most.

-Disclaimer: Releases are not necessarily listed in order.

Anyway, if you haven't all decided to flog me for getting my Heresy timing mixed up. AoS 2nd ed (It's not called 2nd ed, just my name for it) should drop mid-late June, Slyvaneth straight after leading into July, then the Summer campaign.

Slyvaneth will be everything Atia/Bob mentioned + new Dryads with sickle halberd things. I don't really know how to describe them. It's a staff/halberd with a moon/sickle shaped blade. Like the moon sigils of the ST Shadowkin models.

FUCKING METAL DUARDIN! BY GRUNGNI'S BEARD I WANT A notfyreslayer duardin battletome so bad! Maybe I can finally get the drive to actually paint them
>>
>>47307628
Latest of the Changeling shenanigans are all in 40K ("Ahriman : Unchanged", "Curse of the Wulfen"), I am afraid.
>>
>>47307643
I was fapping to porn and I went back into this tab.

I read this post.

When I had finished reading it, my erection had not gone down.
>>
>>47307643
So the rumoured slaanesh stuff isn't gonna show up, boo
>>
>Shadowkin is a tie in to Slaanesh
>Literally

Slaanesh confirmed to be in Malerion's dungeon?
>>
Hi guys,

I just moved to London and I don't really know where to go with this.

Basically I'd like to find someone who wants the things I don't like from the Silver Tower box, to buy the box and sell those things I won't use. Any tips or advice on how to do so?
>>
>>47308808
Ask around your FLGS, there should be someone willing to buy it off you.
>>
>>47308109
>Sylvaneth will later tie in to the Slaanesh stuff
I'm not so sure
>>
>>47308836
Well, that's the thing, I'm new around here so I don't have a FLGS. I don't think there is even any near my house.
>>
>>47308808
Ebay.
>>
Any info about the Hero Creation for Silver Tower yet?
>>
>>47310456
All we know is it will be part of the app that gets released on the 21st
>>
>>47303589
Point out he needs to pay points to access the scrolls he uses for summoning even if its bare minimum units
>>
>>47305030
Friendship is magic
>>
File: 873706-520538_20080527_002.jpg (81KB, 483x720px) Image search: [Google]
873706-520538_20080527_002.jpg
81KB, 483x720px
Lion Ranger Master Race just passing through.
>>
>>47310534
Im pretty sure créate a hero option will let You choose between the 10 default heroe classes plus the one You have purchased and use them in a fresh adventure or put the ítems and skills You have aquired in the actual Game on said héroes for having em récorded in the app.
Then You will be able to load said héroes with the choose a hero option of the app to continúe your campaign.
Some People think You will be able to créate actual original héroes with the créate a hero option, But there aré no rules for creating your Own original hero in the game. I wish there were But this is the only lógical explanation for the options in the app. Still love the game tho.
>>
>>47310456
See >>47312892

I posted it. sorry for the weird writing i Fucking hate autocorrect.
>>
>>47312892
Nope, creating a hero is specifically called out as a function of the app, separate from buying new ones and tracking your progress.
>>
When a bray shaman says it can summon a chaos monster, do I go by keywords or by the monsters of chaos faction?
>>
>>47312991
Any unit with both the keyword "Chaos" and the keyword "Monster" can be summoned.
>>
>>47313201
Kek, that means I can summon archaon
>>
>>47307500
>Be'lakor wouldn't have been able to step from the rift alongside the daemons in the event.
The reawakening of the rift at the city of echoes happen after archaon's coronation, it's entirely possible be'lakor was given form and sent there as an order, as a joke.
>>
>>47301693

Wouldn't surprise me if these are mostly just temporary Warscrolls and that proper ones don't come out when the kits themselves are released. Off the top of my head, GW usually seems to set minimums at 1, 3, 5, or 10.

>>47301806

I got the impression that the hero models are mostly going to be things with bases 32mm or smaller.

>>47301819

One place I think Fantasy really outshone 40k was with the hero models, so I like that ST is basically giving you a reason to buy whichever ones you like.
>>
>>47313515
>One place I think Fantasy really outshone 40k was with the hero models,
i have to agree. I remember the old Archaeon on the horse and thinking it was the best thing.
>>
>>47313297
>The reawakening of the rift at the city of echoes happen after archaon's coronation

Source?
>>
>tfw gw shills still trying to defend games workshop and their release of a game with no playable structure

I hope that aos up until now has just been one huge open beta, so that we can finally get a points system or atleast a force org chart.

>>47307628
>that one mild line

Otherwise the paint scheme is awesome.
>>
>>47313940
New supplement is due for July featuring 3 ways of play: Open, Campaign and Tournament. Point values will be added for free to all the warscrolls.
>>
>>47305189
>>47305030
More like the possibility of 40k getting Sigmar'd is becoming more and more real each day, so the shitposting has been put on a standstill

It's the quiet before the storm
>>
>>47314023
See >>47313982
>>
Fuck I wish the Start Collecting! boxes would come out for every army.

I predict an absolute swarm of new players.

>That great value box, WHFB player toxiciity fading away, points system incoming

I suspect we're entering the Golden Age of Sigmar lads
>>
>>47314094
>WHFB player toxiciity
Yeah, fuck those guys
How dare hardcore fans that held on through years of being shot on by GW get angry when their game is finally scrapped and replaced with a simplified digital art mess marketed at children of people with large lines of credit
>>
>>47314121
Stay salty, you cuntwallop.
>>
>>47314121
They were justified in being angry at Games Workshop but attempting to sabotage Age of Sigmar by spreading rumors and lying using personal anecdotes was over the line.

You could also argue they weren't even justified in being angry at Games Workshop since WHFB sales were dead for a long time and no new blood was coming in, better Age of Sigmar than WHFB being cut entirely

Not that it matters now.

Age of Sigmar is here to reign supreme and WHFB is dead.
>>
File: Literally me.jpg (363KB, 800x664px) Image search: [Google]
Literally me.jpg
363KB, 800x664px
>>47314149
I will always be salty. GW got me real good.
>>
Stuff from Warhammerfest for AoS:

>The Khorne dragon is done, will get a lord as rider. Rivals Smaug

>They want to give Chaos Dwarfs and Fimir a new spin and place in AoS.

>More AoS Character series stuff on the way

>Warhammer Quest is supposed to get future support, even more if it sells well.

Was also said that the new terrain being released for LotR/Hobbit could work with AoS.

>>47302750

Honestly, I kind of like the yellow paint job. Why they did it I imagine is to match current Bad Moonz paint job they use to advertise Orks. I'll admit that darker paint jobs can look nice though.

The previous Orc paintjob they used to advertise may have been on the dark side too, I know before Bad Moonz, Goffs seemed to be the default for Orks.

>>47305030

One of the possible shitposters has been expanding their territory, saw them in a Bloodbowl thread the other day.

>>47313741

It's kind of funny considering that the sculptors had less freedom with such models due to their need to rank up. Though I suppose that lack of poseability and the tendency for a unit to possibly blend together meant they had to stand out more.
>>
>>47314162
>WHFB sales were dead for a long time
Because GW didnt even try to revitalize it. AND they signed a big ol contract to put a competing fantasy game in their own store.
>>
>>47314179
>Because GW didnt even try to revitalize it

They did revitalize it

Its called Age of Sigmar.
>>
File: 1435267504932.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1435267504932.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
>>47314192
>>
>>47314162
>attempting to sabotage Age of Sigmar by spreading rumors and lying using personal anecdotes was over the line.

We both know it was the AOS fags shit posting in these and the fantasy threads.
>>
>>47314232
No, it was a Slav who shitposted in both threads pretending to be on both sides. I doubt any AoSfag would be butthurt enough to shitpost in /whfb/ generals.

Also plenty of WHFBfags come over here to shitpost in droves. This slowed down and mostly went away. The cancer is the WHFB fanbase and the Slav. They must be removed.
>>
>>47314232
go on dakkadakka and warseer and go to the Sigmar/Fantasy section.

Enjoy looking at hundreds of neckbeard manchildren scream and cry about Age of Sigmar.

The common themes are-

"Everyone in my town has stopped playing"

"All of my LGS have stopped carry fantasy projects"

"We've all switched to Kings of War/9th age/some alternative"

"Age of Sigmar is totally failing"

Some even believe that WHFB will return "when" Age of Sigmar bombs

Of course if that Age of Sigmar is 30% of GW sales rumor is to be believed, Age of Sigmar is actually doing quite well, and it just happens that everyone on the internet just lives in towns or has groups where no one plays it.

Or they could be manchildren so upset that they lost their already dead game that they're trying to stop anyone from trying out Age of Sigmar. That combined with all that hate slowly trickling to a halt leads me to believe its the case.
>>
So, where can I learn what the fuck is going on with my Skaven? I'm a hardcore Skryre/Moulder player and they don't seem to be getting much love that I've seen. Do the rat men still have weird magitech in AoS?
>>
File: Skaven raping reality.png (2MB, 1001x653px) Image search: [Google]
Skaven raping reality.png
2MB, 1001x653px
>>47314310
>So, where can I learn what the fuck is going on with my Skaven?

The Skaven Pestilens novel, the Pestilens battletome, and Gobeasts have a chunk of Skaven fluff.

Basically, the Skaven are still the same except for some minor changes and the addition of the "gnawholes".
>>
>>47314094
>WHFB player toxiciity
>>47314162
>but attempting to sabotage Age of Sigmar by spreading rumors and lying using personal anecdotes was over the line.
>WHFB sales were dead for a long time
>>47314192
>They did revitalize it
>>47314274
>Also plenty of WHFBfags come over here to shitpost in droves. This slowed down and mostly went away. The cancer is the WHFB fanbase
>>47314287
>Or they could be manchildren so upset that they lost their already dead game that they're trying to stop anyone from trying out Age of Sigmar

Dude, you're shitting up the place with your projections
>>
>>47314179

Revitalizing Fantasy would have possibly required some big overhauls which would have likely pissed off anyone who liked the current 8th because of its focus on large numbers of models.

>>47314232

Plenty of Fantasy players loved to use personal anecdotes as a sign of AoS doing bad. Not saying AoS didn't do the same, but they were outnumbered or at least droned out.

>>47314287

The 30% thing is actually only recent and has been said to possibly be only because GW has released a lot of AoS recently.
>>
File: meme0164258399.jpg (86KB, 625x531px) Image search: [Google]
meme0164258399.jpg
86KB, 625x531px
>>47314023
>>
>>47314310
Skaven are basically the Imperium of Man from 40k now. Regular rats living in cruel hive cities, mustered in the millions in the Clan Verminus to die on the battlefield. Few manage to become great Warlords. In the holy city of Skavenblight -it is now located in the warp and Skaven have managed to gnaw to the bottom of the warp, so they don't need realmgates to travel- the high lords of the Master Clan scheme how to usurp the nine realms. There there are the Adeptus Mechani... sorry, Clan Skryre who toil endlessly to build more deadly weapons of mass destruction.

All in all nothing changed except for the scope and the fact that Skaven might word together with other Chaos forces, although those alliances are only one backstab away from going awry.

If you care for Skryre, they are the only faction in the game that still has some kind of force organisation chart with their Engine Covens, so there is some fun to be had with that.
>>
>>47314444
Projections? I want you to headover to WHFB general and ask about ze Slav.
>>
>>47314484
The slavmachine has nothing to do with you assuming anecdotes to be malevolent lies, the old fanbase being compromised of toxic manchildren and whfb being a terminally ill game.
>>
>>47314121
Hardcore fans who shat on every attempt of GW to change the stale formula, who complained about every release "models too big, models too strong abloo bloo" who bought literally nothing and only continued to poison the well more and more.
>>
File: meme4901797390.jpg (63KB, 458x500px) Image search: [Google]
meme4901797390.jpg
63KB, 458x500px
>>47314517
>>
>>47314525
>GW releases garbage
>Doesnt understand when people dont buy it

Then they took everything they did wrong and made it into it's own game
>>
>>47314517
We have archives filled with pages as proof. anecdotes my ass.
>>
>>47314525
>generalization
>reduction to absurdity
>exaggeration

How is someone trying to antagonize arbitrarily identified but overlapping groups of people not the one who is acting toxic?
>>
>>47314610
>proof
Proof of what? Of anecdotes being lies? Or anecdotes being expressed?
Go ahead, show me those "proofs"
>>
>>47314619

Because they're calling it as they see it.

Maybe the fanbase offline wasn't toxic, but the one online very much was. These people would whine and find fault with almost everything GW did, what made it even worse was that some of them had and have the gall to claim that they lo longer have interest in GW or its games.
>>
>>47314633
Of WHFBfags being cancer.

Type the word shill in an archive and watch in wonderment.
>>
Anyone else not liking moving huge amounts of models?

10 skellies is fine but once you get into 20 unit formations it's tedious as fuck.
>>
>>47314671
yeah I feel it. I run death and so far my skelly units are 20 strong each and its a bit annoying but oh well.

My love for the spooks exceeds my salt to move all the models.
>>
>>47314671
I play Pestilens and run two 60 rat mobs of Monks. It can get tedious but seeing such huge blobs of guys on the field is totally worth it. Just measure the first and the last model of the mob and then just move the rest inbetween.
>>
>>47314671
That's the main reason I run my stormcast on square bases. Movement trays for blocks of five just speed up the movement phase significantly.
>>
>>47314737
>too lazy to move huge, low model count Stormcast
>>
>>47314648
>Because they're calling it as they see it.
I didn't see whfb fanbase's supposed toxicity leaking in this thread and yet you (or someone else of the same opinion) started "calling it".

>but the online was
Anonymity encourages the expression of negative point of views, criticism is easier to argument and attracts more discussion than praises or expression of preference.
This is no proof nor indication that the fanbase was "toxic".

>>47314657
The archives don't seem to mark the whfb fanbase more prominent than other stuff like kickstarters and the previously mentioned slav.

How is someone thinking people are actively advertising a product anonymously for monetary compensation more cancerous than someone thinking people are actively undermining anonymously a product for personal vengeance anyway?
>>
>>47314820

>Anonymity encourages the expression of negative point of views, criticism is easier to argument and attracts more discussion than praises or expression of preference.

>This is no proof nor indication that the fanbase was "toxic".

Warseer, Dakka, etc, aren't really anonymous. Warseer being the worst of the bunch.

The Fantasy thread on /tg/ wasn't bad until after AoS when they for seem reason they decided to stew in salt.
>>
>>47314878
>for seem reason

Are you really this oblivious?

End Times brought in a lot of new players, then after these new players had collected and painted their new fantasy armies, GW fucking kills the game

This is why it was and will continue to be so fucking salty.
>>
>>47314878
>Warseer, Dakka, etc, aren't really anonymous.

Unlike you I don't use my real name and post my address in my Warseer forum signature.
>>
>>47314820
You realize that by coming into an AoS thread derailing discussion so that you can vehemently deny you and/or other WHFB people were shitposting, IS actually shitposting at this point right? Can you not see the irony here?
>>
>>47314944
Tell that to Slav in the WHFB general.
>>
>>47314932
Wait AoS players don't understand this is why WHFB players are upset AoS exists?

Seriously?
>>
>>47314948
Not only does slav shit up WHFB he also shits up the Blood Bowl general with his shit posts. I really hope AoS players aren't pieces of shit like that guy.
>>
>>47314948
The Slav trolls both generals. He is a warmachine fag.

>>47314820
>The archives don't seem to mark the whfb fanbase

Yes, they do.

You are willfully ignoring the toxicity within your group and obvious hostile attempts that many in this thread now have witnessed with their own eyes. You cannot re-write reality.
>>
File: Age Of Skaven.png (20KB, 1316x187px) Image search: [Google]
Age Of Skaven.png
20KB, 1316x187px
>>47314483
In remeber this from a previous thread
couldnt screencap then, doing it now
This is Age Of Skaven, my friend
>>47314975
The slav trolls every warhammer thread, both fantasy and Aos.
>>
>>47314997
>>47314975
Also Warhammer total war threads in /vg/ and /v/.
>>
File: WAR_Orc_wt_qjgenth.jpg (14KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
WAR_Orc_wt_qjgenth.jpg
14KB, 250x375px
I was sad that Black Orcs got removed until I saw Ard Boyz and see that their stats are almost identical with a slight tweak.

As a matter of fact Ard Boyz are better at being Black Orcs than Black Orcs

I think I'd like a primarily Ard Boyz army and I'll just call them Black Orcs.

Are Orcs good in Age of Sigmar or what?
>>
>>47314878
>Warseer, Dakka, etc, aren't really anonymous
They are anonymous enough to hide the true identity behind the poster and not carry any possible opinion or consequence over a confined space (the account on a forum or be it the post number of a more anonymous board like 4chan)

>they for some reason they decided to stew in salt.
Define salt, because any relevantly hostility I've seen is tied to the closure of the setting or certain postume concepts like the stormcast, not hatred for a projected fanbase like I've seen in your (singular) posts.
>>
>>47314932

I've not seen any evidence to suggest the End Times brought in a lot of new players, only that for a time it revived interest.

Even if it did bring in new players, they weren't enough to boost Fantasy's sales one last time.

The impression I got from being in the Fantasy threads was that a lot of them weren't new either.

At any rate after a point you should just stop and focus on other shit, whether that be the game itself, fan creations, whatever. However there are Fantasy fans both on and off /tg/ who have seemingly made it their mission in life to shitpost about AoS when they aren't thinking about the false hope that Total Warhammer is going to provide a miracle.

Seriously, there was a recent Fantasy general on /tg/ which was pretty much just complaining about AoS.

>>47314943

Excuse me for thinking you were referring solely to here.

Besides that, I don't really consider those places to be true bastions of anonymity. You're still labeled with a name and a post count and have to tip toe and be careful that you don't say something which triggers a mod or some member who is part of the upper echelons of the forum hierarchy.
>>
>>47315012
>I was sad that Black Orcs got removed until I saw Ard Boyz and see that their stats are almost identical with a slight tweak.

Ard Boyz are Black Orruks, anon. The novel "Fist of Gork" calls them Black Orruks several times. They are called Ard Boyz by the true Ironjawz because they tend to wear a lot of armor
>>
>>47314944
I've not shitposted, neither have I started shitting up the thread by having projections towards fanbases; am I being so rude or insensitive or unreasonable in my posts I have to shut up?
I have nothing else to say, so I will, continue with your thread.
>>
>>47314483
>one backstab away

Man, don't remind me. I ran Skreech Verminking as my general and kept a Chieftain with Standart close to him. I misread the rules and thought the backstab was compulsory. Dorfs shot Skreech down to one wound, the Chieftain stabbed the 20 feet Ratdemon in the back and ursurped the general's position.

I think it was the most Skaven thing that ever happened in one of my games.
>>
File: pepeorc.png (80KB, 440x400px) Image search: [Google]
pepeorc.png
80KB, 440x400px
>>47315028
Thanks for letting me know anon, I think I'll get some Black Orcs and then Kitbash up a Black Orc boss or Megaboss
>>
>>47315021

>Define salt, because any relevantly hostility I've seen is tied to the closure of the setting or certain postume concepts like the stormcast, not hatred for a projected fanbase like I've seen in your (singular) posts.

I define salt as being mad at and continuing to be mad at AoS and to an extent here and there that has probably carried over to the fanbase.

I won't lie either and say I don't have disdain for both the online communities for 40k and Fantasy. I've found both to be ignorant, stubborn, and content to do nothing but bitch and whine at every single little thing that doesn't cater to their exact whim. Both also love to look at the past through rose tinted glasses.

Fantasy I perhaps disdain a bit more for their tribal attitude, I've criticized aspects of Fantasy before, GW's handling of it, and people's own assertions and been accused of playing AoS like that answers everything.

In reality I don't play AoS or any GW game for that matter and have a list of faults with the former that are probably around the same size as those I have with Fantasy. Overall I also find AoS to at the moment be a weaker setting than Fantasy and can only hope that in time GW will make some attempt to improve it.
>>
>>47314287
I'm sure that 30% has absolutely nothing to do with panic buying TK, Bretonnia, Elves and Empire. Nothing at all. The two TK battalions, sphynx and tomb guard I've got just materialized out of thin air.

>>47314525
See, the problem with big models is that they only look big when you have a lot of tiny guys around to compare. If we suddenly have several monsters the size of a two story building plus chariot that are taller than they are long, then scale is lost.

The same problem is blighting 40k, if all you have is bigass mechas, monsters and airplanes, they stop being big and instead become the standard.
>>
>>47315083
I wish the standard bearer got a power boost of some sort when he becomes general, beyond the command ability
>>
>>47315142
I m pretty sure it had more to do with the Ironjawz release selling like hot cakes.
>>
>>47315142

>See, the problem with big models is that they only look big when you have a lot of tiny guys around to compare. If we suddenly have several monsters the size of a two story building plus chariot that are taller than they are long, then scale is lost.

I don't think many complaints were about big models overshadowing the others. It was always them somehow being overdesigned, not fitting in with the lore, not being realistic, not being a resculpt, not being "characterful", price, etc.

They'd always find reasons up their ass to use when it would have been a lot better for everyone involved if they just said they didn't like it instead of drumming up a laundry list.
>>
File: orcboss.jpg (40KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
orcboss.jpg
40KB, 600x620px
Does anyone have any ideas on how I might convert this to a fantasy model?

I have this and I was thinking some greenstuff work to convert the axe to a more fantasy looking one, using a different ork arm for a shield on his machinegun arm, and then doing some shit to his icon to remove the 2 shotguns.
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
>decide to download AoS 'rulebook'
>pick as many units as you like
is that it?
How do you play fair matches at all?
>>
File: notspacemarine.png (341KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
notspacemarine.png
341KB, 600x620px
>>47315201

fits perfectly into aos m8 no need for converting
>>
>>47315231

Wait for the General's Handbook to be released.
>>
>>47315231

Cute
>>
>>47315244

Nice, they make their game playable after a year.

Imagine the rejoice of the shills, they can finally eat puke instead of shit.
>>
>>47315237
What is this picture trying to convey?
If you use a similar colour scheme and hide it in the back of a thumbnail the model looks similar but still stands out?
>>
>>47315231
>How do you play fair matches at all?

Gentleman's agreement.
>>
My FLGS finally cleared their AoS boxes to make room for SAGA and X-Wing.
>>
File: return of rocky.png (442KB, 1518x384px) Image search: [Google]
return of rocky.png
442KB, 1518x384px
>>47313807
The awakenings of xhautec are presented along the timeline in 2 instances, but one of those is too distant in the past to have tik taq toe, given the lifespan of skinks.
The remaining point in the timeline presents the reawakening of xhautec in the same year of archaon's coronation and the incursions continue periodically and have a crescendo up to the end times when the conflicts are still happening, yet the WD event describes it as a new thing, leading to believe that it was the first of such incursions, in 2519, when archaon was finally coronated and be'lakor subjugated to his orders, what better way to vent off daddy issues by sending be'lakor to one of the farthest meatgrinders for daemons?
>>
>>47315152
Sure, one release earned more money than all those panic buys. For God's sake, use your brain.

And by the way, them hanging "out of stock" on the new orcs doesn't mean that they sold a lot, it just means that they sold what they had produced. Which might have been less than in previous releases, seeing as neither the dwarfs nor the stormcast sold that well. We really have no way of knowing if they did sell many kits or not.

>>47315197
Well, many, in addition to being too large for the game, were too large for their ontended purpose. Karl Franz can't hit shit from up there, for example.

>>47315319
Not that anon, but trying to deny the paralelisms between stormcast and space marines is ludicrous. They even have chambers instead of chapters and pauldrons with their chapter, excuse me, chamber symbol. And then the whole oversized armour supermen thing that appeals to the power fantasy of so many tasteless people. Let's not forget that they don't die (unless certain weapons/enemies are involved), they just are reforged.

It's teenage Mary Sueism, just as with Space Marines.
>>
>>47314287
>>47315366
>my LGS has stopped carry fantasy products

wewlad

if you just had said X-Wing you'd have passed the bait test but no LGS on the fucking planet would stock SAGA over a GW product

Furthermore, doesn't GW demand stores to take both Fantasy and 40K product?

saga is neat tho
>>
>>47315495
>no LGS on the fucking planet would stock SAGA over a GW product
I would say there is at least twice as much SAGA being played here than any GW game, but I've actually never seen anyone playing a GW game except Bloodbowl in one year here.
>>
File: Doom of Gotrek.jpg (49KB, 701x959px)
Doom of Gotrek.jpg
49KB, 701x959px
>>47315384
>when archaon was finally coronated and be'lakor subjugated to his orders, what better way to vent off daddy issues by sending be'lakor to one of the farthest meatgrinders for daemons?

Excepr Be'lakor left the presence of Archaon after a brutal fight. Two fights actually. One before the coronation and one after the coronation when Be'lakor attempts to possess Archaon.

Be'lakor was defeated and forced to flee.

Be'lakor then spent his time trying to undermine Archaon and putting his plots in motion which all take place in the Old World. He has zero reason to be in Lustria and furthermore if he had his body destroyed, he would been stuck in the Warp unable to enact his plots and take part of the events
>>
>>47315528
damn, you must be in bizzaro-land?

where u at?
>>
>>47315545
Grenoble, a little LGS in the city centre.

Lots of people playing infinity too.
>>
>>47315486
I won't deny the similarities between space marine and sigmarine, but the examples you picked just misleading...

>chambers instead of chapters
It is stormhost instead of chapters; chamber is like... battle company.

>pauldrons with their chapter, excuse me, chamber symbol
Their symbol/icons on pauldrons/shields state their striking or generation, instead of certain stormhost.
>>
>>47315530
>Be'lakor was defeated and forced to flee.

I want to correct my post.

Archaon destroyed Be'lakor in the second fight.
>>
File: Archaon vs Be'lakor.png (882KB, 9768x712px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon vs Be'lakor.png
882KB, 9768x712px
>>47315587
>>47315587
Posting the Archaon vs Be'lakor fight.

It's a pretty long one, nearly a chapter of them fighting. It's pretty epic but also has heavy spoilers. If you are not interested in reading the Archaon books go ahead and read it. If you are interested, you better not read it.

The fight does well to highlight Be'lakor fighting abilities.
>>
>tfw counting the seconds until you can attend an aos tournament
>>
>>47315566
Stormcasts being Space marine counterparts is such a noncompliant, of course they are that was the fucking point. Just as Orks are orcs in space, eldar are elves and chaos daemons are.....literally the fucking same. Did people sperg this hard when traditionally fantasy races got translated into 40k?
>Orcs in space? elves in space? Fucking catholic inquisition in space? get your fantasy out of my scifi, REEEEEEE!
The complaint is even more ridiculous considering that space marines were created as good guy chaos warriors in space
>>
Have there ever been any pictures of descriptions of what archaon actually looks like? Under his helmet.
>>
>>47316060
Yep.

In the Archaon dualogy
>>
File: d-prince origins be'lakor.png (348KB, 1137x611px) Image search: [Google]
d-prince origins be'lakor.png
348KB, 1137x611px
>>47305329
OK fine.
We'll just forget your twinkly origins.
>>
File: all out.png (203KB, 337x327px) Image search: [Google]
all out.png
203KB, 337x327px
>>47307643
>sylvaneth
>metal duardin
>more tzeentch stuff
Hell yeah
>>
File: image.png (343KB, 650x2047px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
343KB, 650x2047px
>>47316550
>metal duardin

What's that about? I assume they aren't literally metal.
>>
>>47316585

Some people seem to think so. Nothing has actually said it though. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm personally hoping it's the Dispossessed release and they're just based in Chamon.
>>
>>47314671
Yeah it is a pain

I actually stopped using Saurus Warriors partially because moving 20+ of them felt stupid

I use Saurus Guard now instead and they are better in every way, plus they benefit from not moving so I don't need to worry about moving them that much.
>>
>>47303222
Out of curiosity, what do you equip your stormfiends with? I have a couple of them in the mail but still haven't decided what to use
>>
>>47315280
whfbg pls go
>>
>>47316585
Probably duardin from the Realm of Metal, where everything is made of living metal
>>
>>47303768
>Yesterday some Sera-fag was explaining that all Sera units are worse stat-wise than those of other factions to account for Summoning.
This isn't entirely false

For example, the Oldblood on Carnosaur is weak compared to most other huge models. 12 wounds, most attacks hit/wound in 3+/4+, only a 4+ save, best attack is only Rend -1, no mortal wounds whatsoever, and the command ability is good but limited because it only buffs specific models

Compared that something like an Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist:
>Fly
>14 wounds
>d6 damage Rend-2 attacks
>heal d3 wounds each turn
>wound roll of 6 deals 6 mortal wounds instead of normal damage
>death shriek deals mortal wounds for free every turn
>command ability just calls in a free unit every turn for free
>also a wizard that can unbind and cast a unique spell that gives a unit Ignore Wound 5+

Or a Megaboss on Maw-Krusha:
>14 wounds
>fly
>destructive bulk deals tons of mortal wounds
>2+/3+ attacks with good rend
>get stronger from killing heroes
>command ability buffs EVERY unit nearby to get +2 attacks

Seraphon units are all basically "good but not great". They are all about buff synergy and summoning, but individual units are really not very special compared to similar units from other armies.

Saurus Guard stand out and are arguably the best infantry in the game. People compare them to standard infantry but they be compared to Retributors and Decimators - they are Elite Infantry, not just regular dudes.
>>
>>47316726
The Fyreslayers BT said so. It's the very last timeline event.

>>47316585
You're partly right though. They're only covered in metal, not metal all the way through like a statue.
It's molten metal, too, in case you're wondering.
>>
>>47316756
>Saurus Guard now instead and they are better in every way

Can we stop this "durr elite infantry are better than basic infantry" meme?
>>
>>47317310
It won't go away until they add points
>>
File: photo_2016-05-18_15-33-13.jpg (163KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-05-18_15-33-13.jpg
163KB, 1280x960px
and my dracothian guard are done too.
Waiting for my starter set and i should be done until i have painted them.
Thinking of expaning retibutors next.
How many starmaces are in every box?
those things are insane and by just buying starter sets i won't get any.
>>
>>47317511
I hope you magnetized the arms on those fulminators so you can swap them to concussors, tempestors, and desolators at will
>>
>>47315837
Yet you don't have Tau, Kroot, Vespids, Tyranids, Sisters of Battle (Sisters of Sigmar never were more than a Mordheim warband), Oldcrons, Mechanicus, in Fantasy.

Nor Lizardmen, Skaven, Amazons, Beastmen, Vampire Counts, Bretonnia, ?Ogres?, in 40k.

And the few paralelisms that could be made (Imperial Guard - the Empire, Eldar/Deldar- High/Dark Elves) do not include that many fluff and aesthetical similarities (except orks. They are the same everywhere, and we love them for that). You can use stormcast for fucking truescale marines. It's not just that they put a 40k faction in the fantasy setting, it's that they distinctly look 40k. And to top it all, their fluff and aesthetics are made to appeal the same kind of Mary Sue lover (and yes, Chaos Warriors (not barbarians) have always been mary sueish).

At least when they translates the Chaos Warriors to 40k hey had the decency of creating fluff and aesthetics that has nothing to do with the originals. The stormcast are a blatant copy. They fucking use lightning drop pods ffs.
>>
Got some starter set Stormcasts, anyone have a compilation of a load of colour schemes for them? Don't feel like doing the standard blue-and-gold.
>>
>>47312991
I had taht question too and honestly I'm just play it fluffy. I only summon beasty shit that kinda makes sense. Unless the other guys being a douche. Fuuuuck that
>>
>>47317511
>How many starmaces are in every box?
Looking at the sprues, it looks like there might only be one, but definitely not more than two.
>>
>>47317511
Two maces per box.
>>47317548
He'd have to magnetize the blades of the glaives, i.e. do the impossible.
>>47317822
Go to the OP, grab the Stormcast battletome and look up the schemes there. Easy.
>>
>>47318290
>Two maces per box
thanks. I might get a box just for the maces, they are ridicolosuly strong
2d3 mortal wounds every 5 retributors? thats insane.
>>47317548
Nah, i love the look of the galives anyway. Stormcasts have too many hammers already and the axes just look bad.
I don't think ill ever get more dracoths, they look ok in small numbers(aka one box)but more than that, thanks for the static monopose would look horrible.
I can see them better ranked with square bases tho.
>>
>>47318290
>He'd have to magnetize the blades of the glaives, i.e. do the impossible.
Buy bits of the arms, duh

>>47318330
You'll want more tactical options than just Fulminators
But if youre just a collector then it doesnt matter
>>
>>47307628
>tfw you decided on dark elves for AOS
>see these sigmarines

That color scheme is just to die for.
>>
File: Feelsaken.png (100KB, 619x664px)
Feelsaken.png
100KB, 619x664px
>>47316846
>Defending the idea of having to wait a year for a playable game
>>
>>47303336
A staffer told me yesterday he turned up at the store unannounced dressed like a guy off the street and just asked him what he needed and wanted to do to get people involved in actually playing the hobby. It genuinely feels more like the company it was 20 years ago and that got me back in and now I'm really in to AoS after ragequitting last year.
>>
>>47318498
If that's true then my respect for him just went up quite a bit.
>>
>>47318290
>grab the Stormcast battletome

Jesus do those schemes blend together. Maybe 3-4 actual colour schemes remixed. Looks like I'm doing a test squad of liberators.
>>
>>47318348
You don't really need more tactical options than fulminators, to be honest.
Only Concussors are really any sort of competition, and even they suffer from having a less melee-centric breath.
Desolators are crap when compared to the other Dracothian Guards, unless you run them in a 7+ unit.
Tempestors are weirdly stated and not really worth it outside of single -1 to hit dispensers.

That said, if one is going for the battalion all bets are off.
>>
>>47318681
Mine are copper with silver trim, give it a go.
>>
>>47314165
>>More AoS Character series stuff on the way
What's this? Books about certain named characters?
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (392KB, 1341x997px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
392KB, 1341x997px
Dracoth chariot WiP.
The axle looks bland as fuck right now, I really need to spruce things up there. Same goes for the back of the chariot. Kinda starved for ideas there....
Got some plans to fluff up the joke with some bits from the retributor box, but I'm not sure if I should include reins from the dracoths' headdress to the Lord-Celestant's hand or if he should just steady himself on the chariot.
Also, I'm debating wether to use the spare chestplates of the dracoths as a sort of fender over the wheels.
>>
File: stormcastReference.jpg (249KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
stormcastReference.jpg
249KB, 1440x1920px
>>47318785
Was looking at doing something similar to this, but having seen the Anvils of the Heldenhammer they don't look great.

I think I'll try a bronze, steel and gold scheme on my first three and choose from those, I can get the starter set liberators for about a pound each so two testers are no great loss.
>>
>>47318681
Give turqouis a go; it's basically a law that every stormcast player must consider turquis as a possible color for his stormhost, only to discard the idea as too difficult.
>>
>>47315221
Add lady sigmarines.
>>
Anyone have some different schemes for khorne warriors/bloodbound?
>>
>>47318893
Black armor, gold trims, red helmets
>>
>>47318451
>still using the stale shitposting claim that aos wasn't playable before
>>
File: img_2098.jpg (268KB, 980x735px)
img_2098.jpg
268KB, 980x735px
>>47318893
>>
>>47318893
I went with red skin with black iron armour.
>>
File: he who mentions ogre tyrants.jpg (147KB, 501x744px) Image search: [Google]
he who mentions ogre tyrants.jpg
147KB, 501x744px
>>47318930
>implying it was

Anon I'm actually a fan of aos, I enjoy the game play and like what they did with combat and magic but even I can accept that it was unfinished and unplayable on release.

>>47318947
God that is some butthole tier artwork, how did GW get so far from pic related.
>>
>>47305030
>>47305189
>>47305301
GW is showing that it is moving in a new direction and people are attracted back to the properties they love. You are now aware that the 'shitposters' were legitimately angry at what was being done by GW and just didn't want their hobby ruined. There'd be no fucking bundle deals with 50% off or old games coming back if everyone just accepted things all the time.
>>
>>47318850
Thats a great kitbash, I love the use of the stormdrake chest piece
>>
>>47318993
>I enjoy the game play
>unplayable

That literally makes no sense.
>>
>>47318993
>unplayable on release
>>
>>47319309
>You are now aware that the 'shitposters' were legitimately angry

No, they were being shitposters.
Don't like what GW is doing? Don't buy from them.
Crying about it here accomplishes nothing.
>>
>>47319309
Do you genuinely believe that the Start Collecting! boxes are a kneejerk reaction and not something planned 1+ years in advance?
>>
>>47318993
That's to help people paint their minatures, not the proper artwork.
>>
>>47301462
This image is disgusting
>>
>>47306624
Well there's been thousands of years in the infinite plains of existence so plenty of time for at least a few dwarfs to fall to chaos again.
>>
>>47318993

They're colour scheme dolls. They've been used in 40k and Fantasy for years to demonstrate army colours.
>>
>>47318993
>God that is some butthole tier artwork, how did GW get so far from pic related.
You are literally retarded
>>
>>47307628
i fucking love this colour scheme.
>>
>- Sylvaneth will get their battletome. Alarielle's beetle looks soooo cute.

BEETLE CONFIRMED
>>
>>47319383
How so?
>>
>>47308808
Stick them on ebay for £10 per unit and they'll sell right away.
>>
File: birdman.gif (823KB, 320x240px)
birdman.gif
823KB, 320x240px
Specialist Games:

- Blood Bowl. The first 2 teams are finished. First six teams will be Humans, Orks, Dwarfs, Elfs, Skaven and Nurgle.
- First expansion will have 7 new teams, Star Players and League Rules.
- They may do 3D pits.
- Adeptus Titanicus. 2nd SG. Set during the HH, Titans vs Titans. 8mm. Infantry, tanks, fliers will come later via expansions. Xenos too.
- The Warlord is finished.
- Necromunda and Mordheim confirmed. Keep in mind there is alot of stuff to do, they can't release all at once.

AoS:

- They admit they have done errors with the AoS launch. They want to improve, and listen to feedback.
- They are really motivated and already have new story arcs for the next 4-5 years.
- Sylvaneth will get their battletome. Alarielle's beetle looks soooo cute.
- Summer will focuse on the Realm of Life.
- Sylvaneth, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, Aelfs, Skaven, ... there is so much cool stuff to come!
- Forgeworld will support AoS, 40k and 30k. New Fimir character done.
- The Khorne dragon is done, will get a lord as rider. Rivals Smaug!!
- They want to give Chaos Dwarfs and Fimir a new spin and place in AoS.
- More AoS Character series stuff one the way!
- Warhammer Quest is supposed to get future support, even more if it sells well.
- From what I heard, people really really enjoyed the game there.

Middle-earth:

- The first bunch of releases is set around the third Hobbit Movie. Dwarfs with Dain on pig are already finished.
- They will re-release older stuff alongside new stuff.
- New awesome plastic buildings are done. You also can use them "for Mordheim or AoS".
- They have no rights for the Silmarillion (sadly. yet?).
- It may be rebranded to "Middle Earth SBG" later on, but for now, it will still be branded as Hobbit, but include both LotR and Hobbit ranges!
- They are pretty enthusiastic. They got four years to prove they can do this.
- All the movie stuff will get done. Can't wait for the Nâzghul!
>>
>>47319457
The heck are the Fimir?

Also can't wait for the Aelves.
>>
>>47319477
>The heck are the Fimir?

Cyclopean bog monsters that reproduce by raping human women. Chaos got bored of them and ditched them.
>>
>>47318930
>If an a-argument is dated it's suddenly n-not valid!

Oh wow

Sigcuck delusions are all too real.
>>
>>47319351
You're on 4chan, you don't like shitposting go back to your preferred content aggregator.

Yeah if you don't like what GW does then you don't buy from them and so people stopped but they still want to like it and so will start buying again when it unfucks itself. It's greasy fatties like you sucking their dick that let them get away with so much shit.

>>47319364
There is nothing new in these boxes in either content or concept, they could have been put together in one afternoon of clear thinking. The only thing that is unusual is the realisation that you don't get people to start collecting with a buy in that could get you a PS4. The point I realised that the company was trying to pull its tit out the mangle was the upcoming boxes of Black reach models with paints at a pocket money price and there's nothing about that that would take any significant planning at all.
>>
File: rllDhvj.png (173KB, 397x298px) Image search: [Google]
rllDhvj.png
173KB, 397x298px
>>47319553
oh my god you ACTUALLY believe that SC were a kneejerk reaction

>they could have been put together in one afternoon of clear thinking
holy shit you are one dumb autist fuckhead

This is not how things work in the real world AT ALL

Everyone point and laugh at this retard
>>
>>47317511
Truly one of the best sculpts GW has ever made ;^)
>>
>>47319364
>- They admit they have done errors with the AoS launch. They want to improve, and listen to feedback.
What about this is hard to believe? That finally they start acting like every other company in existence rather than assuming your money is theirs because of years of flat growth despite burning real assets.
>>
>>47319457
>- More AoS Character series stuff one the way!

What does this refer to? That Warham Quest boxed hero set?
>>
I know that's Settra and his chariot, but where did these two obsidian zombie dogs come from?
>>
>>47319553
>You're on 4chan, you don't like shitposting

Stop putting words in my mouth you trash.
I said the shitposters were shitposters and not some noble heroes fighting the good fight with their righteous anger.
>>
>>47319603
Yes it refers to WHQ and that hero box set, they are planning more
>>
Found some limited ed old fantasy minis in my basement I got ages ago. 30th white dwarf with shieldbearers, archaon on foot, 2 axe chaos lord, goatee chaos sorc with raised arms, 2 Harry the hammers, 3 of the limited forge world demonsmiths and most white dwarf minis from the last maybe 8 years. I play chaos so those minis are getting used. Any ideas what to do with the dwarfs?
>>
Played my first Pestilens game today. Jesus Monks must be the best worst unit there is. They have a decent amount of attacks but if you have an icon, banner and the instruments along with a Furnace and a Priest for Buffs/Debuffs they become really, really good especially when they fucking die. Opponent kills like 12 guys with one of his heroes and the casualties smacked him back with 24 rerollable attacks and 4 of them popped after that for mourtal wounds. And after all that that the actual unit got to attack. I always imagined Pestilens units to do just that, and I loved how flavourful they now feel in AoS.
>>
>>47319588
>oh my god you ACTUALLY believe that SC were a kneejerk reaction
No I didn't say that you fucking moron, but what about it couldn't have been? 'We need £50 boxes to get people to start collecting, let's put cool stuff people want in it and sell it at a clear discount and we'll use pre-existing moulds and combinations that mean people will still need to buy other boxes'. It's nothing new, they've always had these boxes, the difference is they are actually good now. Tighten your fingerless leather gloves and go back to stinking up the painting table of every gaming store in the world you fucking loser..
>>
File: 1463493517009.jpg (232KB, 699x761px)
1463493517009.jpg
232KB, 699x761px
>>47319457
>- Blood Bowl. The first 2 teams are finished. First six teams will be Humans, Orks, Dwarfs, Elfs, Skaven and Nurgle.
>- First expansion will have 7 new teams, Star Players and League Rules.

Stormcast Eternals team when?
>>
File: he mad.jpg (27KB, 514x424px) Image search: [Google]
he mad.jpg
27KB, 514x424px
>>47319685
>>
>>47319714
After the Bloodbowl End Times.
>>
>>47319607
That's heaviliy photoshopped.

Cats probably came from White Lion chariot.
>>
>>47306364
Anon, when rocks fall, EVERYBODY dies
>>
>>47319759
Never mind. Those are Ogre Kingdom sabertusks with Necrosphinx details.
>>
>>47319714
>Nurgle

Fuck Forgeworld and their god-damn Nurgle obsession.
>>
>>47319607
Either Khemrian warsphinx heads or dire wolves.
>>
>>47319778
Forge world's warhammer aesthetic fits best with nurge.
>>
>>47319501
But they sound positively delightful.

Just looked their rules up. Oh my god they are insane. Why did the Chaos gods ever abandon them???
>>
>>47301462
What's with the relative scarcity of dedicated ranged unit releases with AoS?

Other than those Stormcasts with the bows and bolter-crossbows I'm trying to think of others.
>>
>>47319607

mengelminiatures.com
>>
>>47320089
Can think of a couple of reasons

>Because they realized that every fucking WHFB tournament had caps on ranged weapons anyway and the designers want to avoid making units nobody will use because the meta doesn't allow it

>because there are already plenty of ranged units out there (Skryre, Wood Elves, Dorfs)

>because so far their focus was on Chaos, Death and Destruction, all of which aren't precisely renowned for their range game

>because glorious melee is "cooler" and AoS quite frankly runs on rule of cool

On the other hand, the Fyreslayers at least have a decent range game with their Auric Hearthguard and throwing axes across the whole damn army
>>
>>47320089
Expect the aelves to rectify that.
>>
>>47315689
Does Archaon really hate the chaos gods, or did he have some knowledge about the whole universal-reset that led to AoS?
>>
Any fellow Ogre Kingdoms players desperately awaiting the day they get a mention in one of the upcoming content leaks? Represent.
>>
>>47320089
Coincidence?

Khorne are 100% melee

Fyreslayers are berserkers, makes sense for them to favour melee

Same with the Ironjaws

Stormcast have a few ranged units (Knight-Venator, Tempestors, to name a few) but a lot of their melee units have ranged attacks as well. They are supposed to be tactically versatile but not specialists (just like space marines).
>>
Is giving the Ardboys an Orruk Forged shield ever worth it?

Roll a dice before allocating a wound to a model with an Orruk-forged Shield. On a roll of 6 the
wound is ignored sems like it might have slim use compared to just getting the rend with the big choppa or extra attack if you go 2 weapons
>>
>>47320349
He hates the Chaos Gods.

And he received knowledge about the new world at some point before "Lord of the End Times".
>>
File: peaking.gif (2MB, 245x196px) Image search: [Google]
peaking.gif
2MB, 245x196px
>>47320418
Yes, but I want to hear about the Tomb Kings rerelease first
>>
>>47320512
Isnt Archaon serveing the Chaos gods?
Why would he do that If he hates them?
>>
>>47320612
>Isnt Archaon serveing the Chaos gods?

He is serving himself. He is just using them as much as they are using him.
>>
>>47320507
If you want those guys to be anvils, the shields are okay. Also, since you can mix and match in Ardboy units, you can just shove a couple with shields in to soak up wounds before you make it to melee, since realistically a few of them WILL die before you get into combat unless you're fighting a Chaos force without any Skaven.
>>
>>47320612
He isn't serving them, he is serving himself

He is trying to destroy the Mortal Realms so he can remake the universe in his own design

The Chaos Gods grant him favour because he is still technically doing their bidding (ie: trying to destroy all life forever) but they also send daemons to try to kill him.

The gods are fearful of Archaon but also see him as an invaluable asset, and vise-versa. They are using each other.
>>
>>47320641
>>47320658

Oh, I see, thanks.

>The gods are fearful of Archaon
Why? They are gods are they not?
And he is like... human? So how can he even be a threat?

Tho I guess I could learn all this from reading a book.
>>
>>47320703
He's basically a half-god at this point with only a very tenuous relationship to his humanity.

*Maybe* he's even strong enough to topple a weakened Chaos God, so they're very wary of him.
>>
>>47320703
Archaon has grown too powerful from being the favoured champion of chaos for so long.

The chaos gods can't physically manifest in the world to kill him (they exist outside reality) so the best they can do is constantly send demons to kill him. It has not worked for them thus far.
>>
>>47320746
I thought the chaos gods where immortal, I mean they are suposed to be gods right?
>>47320749
I guess thats why his model is so fucking expensive.
>>
>>47320822
>I thought the chaos gods where immortal, I mean they are suposed to be gods right?
If Archaon destroys the universe then he will also destroy the Chaos Gods along with it, because they exist due to mortal emotions coalescing in the realm of chaos

Archaon is looking to wipe the slate clean and destroy all life, then start over without the Chaos Gods
>>
>>47320853
>If Archaon destroys the universe
How would he be able to do that?
>>
>>47320925
Not entirely sure. He is currently looking for ways to do it.
>>
>>47320703
>So how can he even be a threat?

He's not directly.
But he has the power to rally the followers of all four gods, which is beyond the power of the gods.
If he decided to bully Nurgle for example he could pit the armies of the other three against him.
That's why none of the Gods are willing to relinquish their grasp on him.
>>
New thread
>>47321052
>>47321052
>>47321052
>>
>>47320950
>>47320989
I might have to read up on some lore, seems kinda interesting.
>>
File: Archaon_AoS.jpg (186KB, 700x976px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon_AoS.jpg
186KB, 700x976px
While the thread is on the subject of lord lightsaber, what exactly is archaon now?

So he has ascended to 'godlike' power, but the fluff also repeatedly states that he isn't a daemon prince and has no interest in becoming one; so what has he become, some kind of minor god, or a kind of parallel mortal daemon prince that arises from getting too much gear?
>>
>>47321195
Archaon is a very powerful mortal.
>>
So why hasnt this Archon guy killed all other races yet if he is so stronk?
>>
>>47321250
The biggest, blackest of all orks, grimgor ironhide keeps beating him up just as victory is near
>>
>>47321250
>So why hasnt this Archon guy killed all other races yet

He almost has, the dominion of Chaos is almost complete and only the arrival of the Stormcast has changed things.
>>
>>47321281
So... a orc is stronger then him?
Bummer.
>>
Any info when Sylvaneth new models coming out?
>>
>>47321656
They've fought one on one, grimgor tends to rock up after archaon has fought whatever goodie superhero has been sent to stop him, then grimgor cheap shots archaon and steals victory for the orks.
See the storm of chaos article on 1d4chan for the best example.
>>
>>47321830
They've never fought one on one, rather.
>>
>>47315102
>In reality I don't play AoS or any GW game for that matter
So go. None of this is for you and your opinion doesn't matter.
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.