[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 49

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Daily reminder that if you don't like Path of War, you think martials should never be tier 3

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Old thread: >>47280805
>>
>paladin of slaughter (CE) and or tyranny (LE) exist
>antipaladin of freedom (CG) or ?justice (LG) doesn't

Why?
>>
>>47290980
Those variants have different names.
>>
>>47290890
>>no fighter, monk, summoner, swashbuckler, occult classes, or vig.

Why?
>>
>>47290926
I prefer my martials to attack and then unleash a cornucopia of passive and reactive abilities based on the crimson tide following the damage roll.

And then he makes his second attack and shit goes DmC Vergil.
>>
>>47291005
Because he doesn't actually understand class balance.
>>
>>47291005
To replace them with PoW martials i assume.

I hope he at least allows PoW archetypes for those classes or he done fucked up.
>>
>>47291005
Probably wants to keep T5 classes out, but for some reason that includes Occult (probably because of SoP) and Vigilante and Summoner.
>>
>>47291001
What are they? I can't find any non evil antipaladins anywhere.
>>
File: sm_bedroom_sw.jpg (24KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sm_bedroom_sw.jpg
24KB, 800x600px
>>47291063
>I can't find any non evil antipaladins anywhere.
>non evil antipaladins
Stand in the corner.
>>
How do I make a good/competent pure martial crossbow user by level 3-4? Paizo only.
>>
>>47290980
>antipaladin of freedom (CG) or ?justice (LG) doesn't
Grey Paladin, Justiciar, etc.

You know, actual paladins.
>>
File: mons meg.jpg (239KB, 1280x924px) Image search: [Google]
mons meg.jpg
239KB, 1280x924px
Does anyone know of any third-party or homebrew rules adding more statblocks for various cannon and other firearm siege engines? I'm doing some of my own, but it'd make my life easier if someone else had already done some of the work.
>>
>>47291148
Crossbow master fighter archetype.

Now kill yourself.
>>
>>47290980
>LE Paladin
we Red Death?
>>
>>47291163
There are some in the AP Rasputin Must Die.
>>
So /pfg/, how do I ensure that things shall get loud as a PC of 5th level? 1pp only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYKUa0iREwE
>>
>>47291005
He doesn't like the Occult classes. I only allow manifesters as any kind of "caster" in my games, so that also excludes a bunch of shit.
>>
>>47291101
Fucks sake senpai you know what I mean
>>
Posting my VMC rules for Ertw's Beguiler again for more comments and crits:

http://pastebin.com/K4Vd2Auc
>>
>>47291164
>Crossbow master
Worth it to take one level of Bolt Ace for that Vigilant Loading?
>>
>>47291148
Bolt Ace

Cry because they nerfed the thing allowing touch attacks at level 11

Two level dip in alchemist for extra arms and dual wielding, maybe a familiar to juice you with extract infusions or use wands of gravity bow

Five levels in bolt ace
>>
>>47291163
Been to see that cannon up in Scotland. It's pretty fucking massive and I can't imagine it doing less than 5d12 or something crazy like that.
>>
File: captcha pls.png (234KB, 408x613px) Image search: [Google]
captcha pls.png
234KB, 408x613px
>>47290894
Nah, he changed it.

Pic related: the fuck, captcha
>>
What would be better for a charger build to apply the Hussar template to, Warlord or Warder?
>>
>>47291642
Warlord is more fun
>>
>>47291703
Yeah, it seemed like if you use the stance where your weapon is considered bigger by one size and then use raging hunter pounce, then use the gambit where you charge to get your expended manoeuvres back, you should be good.

One problem I did notice was that if you charge an enemy with ride by attack, they can just keep running after you to stop you charging again. Is there any way to counteract this e.g. move then get to charge at double your speed?
>>
>>47291222
I certainly don't. Do you not understand the concept of what Paladins and Antipaladins are suppposed to be?
>>
>>47291848
Given that paladins of the four corner alignments exist, I assumed that antipaladins of the corner alignments would also exist in some form since variants such as the LE tyrant exist.
>>
>>47291919
They don't, though. Paladins are strictly LG (outside of the garbagecan Grey Paladin archetype). The LE Tyrant does exist, but all other Antipaladins are CE.
>>
>>47291231
Ertw has specifically mentioned that he wasn't exactly a fan of letting the 2nd tier order powers out into the wild, so you might want to take that into consideration.
>http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qmqe&page=11?Beguiler-conversion-for-Pathfinder#546
>>
>>47291943
Grey paladin is terribad, that's true. And on closer inspection the paladins of freedom etc are custom creations. That said, I was asking if such a variant of the antipaladin existed.
>>
File: Anta Gonist.png (507KB, 680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Anta Gonist.png
507KB, 680x1050px
>>47292009
Nope! It's Tyrant or the WotW archetype that also lets you be LE or you're stuck as Anta Gonist.
>>
>>47292034
Fuck, I was looking forward to dazing fools with a conductive weapon whilst not being a twat. I guess I'll just play a magus.
>>
Ok, so. Playing an arcane duelist who is primarily support and building on the anti-caster aspect of the archetype. Is VMC with cavalier for tactician worth it? If so, what order should I look at? Or am I going at this the wrong way?
>>
How would you justify a crime-fighting Anti-Paladin?
I REALLY want the AntiPaladin's aura of cowardice.
>>
>>47292100
Antis don't have to be retarded Chaotic Stupid fucks. They just have to actively spread evil. So a LE Tyrant who promotes brutal punishment for crimes is totally Antipalading like a boss, but he's still helping fight crime.

Also, the Dread gets something similar, iirc.
>>
>>47291839

Keep in mind that the gambit doesn't recover the maneuver you used to perform the gambit.

The best ways to get away for another charge is the Pride Movement maneuver from Golden Lion, Hastened Leap from Piercing Thunder, Leaping Dragon from Thrashing Dragon, or Fluctuation Movement (Air) from Elemental Flux.

Or get someone else to use any of the movement-granting maneuvers from Golden Lion on you.

Or you can get more speed, so that you can keep on going a longer way to prevent them from going after you easily.
>>
A Qinggong Monk in my party is thinking of picking up the Battlemind Link ki power, which just functions as the spell. Look at the description for how Battlemind Link works, though...

Well, it's a mess. How have/would you handle this spell at your table? If I were the one running this game, I would just rule that both people take their turns at the same time, like a summoned creature and its summoner. I'm not the DM here though (just the magus player that will probably be the monk's target for Battlemind Link).
>>
File: djezetskin.jpg (280KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
djezetskin.jpg
280KB, 667x1000px
>>47290926
Friendly reminder to give your Vigilante a suit of Djezet Skin armor, especially if your DM allows it to be further enchanted or you're a Cabalist/Warlock. Just wear it underneath your civvy clothes!
>>
>>47292100
a) He just likes hurting people. Hurting "bad" people is how he can get away with it.
b) It's elaborate plant to build law enforcement entirely under his control that will become integral part of society. Then abuse the power this position gives him
c) As above but the plan is to wait for a serious crisis to strike and immediately withdraw plunging region into complete chaos.
>>
>>47292100
Dammit, >>47292227 beat me to it!
How about a guy who just loves to terrorize and beat the shit out of people for kicks, and it just so happens to be crooks? He doesn't care about the silly notion of justice and respects not for the laws put in place to spot criminal activity; rather he simply hunts for criminals because they would make the least sympathetic victims and thus not as much concern of pesky do-gooders to waltz in and trounce all over his fun.

There's also as >>47292130 suggests, which frankly can better explain how an Anti could possibly work with a party.
>>
>>47290980
LE 'paladins' can be done well with "hellknights".

People who hate evil, and want to punish evil - they believe that everyone is evil and they'll trick good people into doing evil acts, just to prove that they were never good in the first place... so they can then punish them. They will leave genuine good people who resist temptation alone though.

They're basically satan, and they're massive hypocrites.
>>
>>47292205
May I ask where this armor is from? It has peeked my interest greatly.
>>
>>47292034
His name is Thean Tagonist, you chode.
>>
>>47292130
>Also, the Dread gets something similar, iirc.

Yeah, I know. Aura of Cowardice and Aura of Fear stacks by the way.
>>
>>47292333
Whatever dongwaffle. He's the best Antipaladin there has ever been or ever will be, so pithy things such as names are unnecessary.

He just takes such joy in his work. He's just a bad guy doing bad things and reveling in it.
>>
>>47292324
Armor Master's Handbook
>>
>>47292386
Thanks
Almost forgot about that book, didn't know it was out too.
>>
File: 27.png (366KB, 804x1044px) Image search: [Google]
27.png
366KB, 804x1044px
>>47292415
>>
>>47292378
What's his wife again? Or is he a single bachelor looking for the right woman or man to wreck havoc with?
>>
>>47291331
>Two level dip in alchemist
What classes benefit from a 2-dip in alchemist? I hear lots of praise for extra arm, but I don't quite know why it's so lauded.
>>
>>47292904
Well...an extra arm can let you hold a enchanted shield for cheap to push your AC whlie still two-handind something good.

>>47292644
Stop it.
>>
Any ways to cancel freedom of movement other than being a Tetori Monk? I suppose the only other way is dispel magic and... those mythic gloves right?
>>
>>47291005
And back something came up.
So fighter was primarily to replace with pow for the generic hit stuff. Monk because I don't like it thematically, occult because I am going for SoP to replace pf style casting, which is also why no dsp psionics. And summoner because I also just don't like them thematically.
>>
Can guns be good if you don't immediately beeline for getting free-action reloads and going for Rapid Shot/Hammer The Gap/Clustered Shots and full attacks?

Is Vital Strike viable?
>>
>>47293257

>Is Vital Strike Viable

Are you a druid? No?

Then no.

If you can't rapid-fire the guns, I wouldn't bother. The only reason to ever pick one of those overpriced noisy crossbows up is if you can do a shitload of damage vs touch AC, and you're not gonna do that if you're firing one shot every other round.
>>
>>47293309
Is it viable if the firearm's base damage is very high? I'm looking at 3d6 every round via shenanigans.
>>
>>47293381
no, the key to dealing high damage is to stack up on static bonuses, not deal more damage die (which is part of the reason why Vital Strike isn't very good, and why Paizo castrating the feat was so ridiculous)
>>
>>47293381

Averaging out, that's like 10-12 damage a round if you're not adding anything to that 3d6, I believe. You tell me.
>>
>>47292644
He is married, has children, and is a fantastic husband/father.

He also carries a "World's Greatest Dad" coffee mug at all times, handmade by his children.
>>
>>47293638
>He also carries a "World's Greatest Dad" coffee mug at all times, handmade by his slave children.
Fixed that for you
>>
>>47293474
Paizo castrated VITAL STRIKE of all things? That feat tax thing that every totally unrelated feat for people above level 6 requires all the time?
>>
>>47293728
Uh, what? Vital Strike has been not good since always. Paizo didn't have to do anything additional to make it a really mediocre feat.
>>
File: 1461111651163.jpg (404KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1461111651163.jpg
404KB, 1200x1600px
>>47293257
>Is Vital Strike viable?

Not with guns. Think bigger.
What weapon has a high-base damage stat but doesn't benefit much from most weapon feats and has wickedly slow reload times?

Cannons.
>>
>>47293753
Railguns, son.
>>
>>47293673
No.

Get that shit out of here.
>>
>>47293781
Not available in most settings or campaigns.
>>
>>47293815
Peasant railguns!

Failing that, siege weapons.
>>
>>47293827
>Failing that, siege weapons.
What do you think cannons are?
>>
>>47293753
Could a level 10 siege mage use a colossal heavy bombard effectively?
>>
>>47293257
I theorycrafted a spellslinger once that was entirely focused on putting as much damage into a single shot as possible. I was tired of all the builds for guns that focused on firing 27 times a round with a fucking musket.

You can add a lot of damage with things like Focused Shot, Point Blank Shot, Mage Bullets enchants, Deadly Aim, sneak attack die, sniper goggles, Magic Weapon (before using Mage Bullet, to fulfill the +1 req for more exotic enchants), high base weapon damage (1d12 for musket), and probably some other things. Bullseye Shot can improve your hit as well.

I never actually got to play this character though and I lost my notes on the potential damage one could do with +5 int mod. Anything that gives +damage on hit or +hit without being restricted to a single hit (so everything above except bullseye and focused) is also generally more effective the more attacks you make but whatever.

Is there a way to wield a large firearm as a medium sized character with no penalty? Easy to do in 3.5, just get gloves, but not sure about pathfinder.
>>
>>47293871
>Is there a way to wield a large firearm as a medium sized character with no penalty?
First party?
>>
>>47293927
Any reasonably acceptable source, I suppose.

I remember spending a lot of time trying to find a way to for a different character a year or two ago and giving up, so I assume you still can't with just paizo?
>>
>>47293927
Tiefling roll #16 on the variance chart.
>>
>>47293871
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Iron%20Lord%27s%20Transforming%20Slivers
>>
How would Golarion change if the Technic League were dissolved and just about every nation in Avistan could get their hands on Numerian technology?
>>
>>47293865
Not a pure Siege Mage.
A couple level dips so you can get all the Siege Feats and access to the Magic Weapon spell to increase accuracy.

Then proceed straight to Construct Rider Alchemist.

Why? 6 reasons:
1) Craft construct rules dictate that your companion is proficient with siege weapons the moment you install it on them. It also means they ignore weight restrictions (but not size restrictions - you better get a Mammoth, T-Rex, Roc or any Large creature for this)

2) You can get a tumor familiar (you lose access to familiar as a siege mage) to serve as your aerial spotter aiding your accuracy, help you load the siege weapon or as a valet, helping improve your companion and your cannon.

3) Siege Bomb Discovery.

4) Better BAB than the wizard.

5) You get a bonus to alchemy, which means making custom siege ammunition (refer to the pfsrd)

6) If you grabbed a familiar, he can aim and fire the cannon for you (you guys share the same knowledge: engineering skill for aiming siege weapons) While you can fuck around doing other things like imbuing siege bombs, reloading your crossbow, applying poisons, etc.

You BETTER roll an Android for this because you're gonna need his racial ability often. (also, because there's nothing cooler than a robot bomber gunslinger operating a giant robot -trex strapped with cannons and guns)
>>
>>47293971
Aegis, and take powerful build as a customization.
>>
>>47293993
>At 10th level, he can reload, aim, and fire the siege engine purely by the power of this link, and no longer needs a crew to control the siege engine. It still takes the normal required amount of time and actions to control a siege engine in this manner.
>>
>>47294007
Trust me. Not worth it.
Want to know a FASTER way to reload siege weapon than 10 levels of Siege Mage?

Grab the craft construct feat either as a Siege Mage Wizard or Construct RIder Alchemist.

This allows you to craft 2HD clockwork servants. They are cheap disposable, and multiple servants = fast reload time (refer to the pfsrd regarding loading siege weapons)

You can order them to ride on your large companion and serve as the loading crew.
You can order the rest to act as spotters.
The others to maintain the cannon.
The others to help aid with your crafting.

Personally? I had placed them in my wagon (Large Wagon. With a lab, smith, workshop and sleeping quarters. and made out of ironwood to boost its hardness and HP) as general maintenance bots doing everything for me.
>>
>>47293986
Not at all, because the Gods of Paizo will always handwave any potential advancement in the name of status quo and medieval stasis

Plus if the Bad End of WotR is any indicator, technology is nothing compared to Magic and Planar Bullshit
>>
What happens if I bring a sample of Brown Mold to the elemental plane of fire?
>>
>>47293979
>16: You have over-sized limbs, allowing you to use Large weapons without penalty.

Does this mean you can be a Small tiefling with +2 Strength and the ability to wield Large weapons?
>>
>>47294154
Tieflings are medium by default.
>>
>>47294070
Well the Good End of WOTR happened in my group, and Paizo has no bearing over what the fuck happens in my campaign.
>>
>>47294154
No. A small creature with the oversized limbs trait could wield normal sized weapons. Not large.
>>
>>47294154
How the hell are her horns supposed to work? Where are they even coming from
>>
>>47294162
But even if you get #16, it still says Large.
>>
>>47294154
Doubtful, considering your arms would be bigger than you.

Obviously it intends medium size.
>>
>>47294069
What does a siege mage even do in a party?
>You guys go raid the mansion while I sit here on the other side of the forest. If things get too crazy, give the signal and I'll smash the south wall
>>
File: 1411585466634.png (58KB, 245x212px) Image search: [Google]
1411585466634.png
58KB, 245x212px
>>47294181
Stop it.
>>
>>47294170
>Paizo has no bearing over what the fuck happens in my campaign.

I distinctly recall some asshat dev on the Paizo forums being salty as fuck because somebody figured out how to make non-Evil AntiPaladins that worship a good deity.
>>
>>47294070
That's not the impression I got, it seemed like demons loved tech so much they turned themselves into cyborgs...
>>
>>47294154
The intent is obviously for them to be one step up.

I doubt you could find a GM that would allow a small character to use large weapons with that, which is what it would come down to regardless of RAW.
>>
>>47294189
At least they have a use in that scenario.

Imagine a crypt or a dungeon run. Or being in the underdark.
>>
>>47294189
The Siege Mage almost serves the purpose of an NPC class wizard.
They have no viable means of transporting their siege weapons through dungeons nor a method to reload them until 10th level.

Its why I crossclassed it with Construct RIder.
See, even if the animal companion can't use siege weapons indoors, they could still rely on jaws and claws. Or a crossbow installed on them by a clever alchemist.
>>
>>47294180
The side of her head.
>>
>>47294205
How?
>>
>>47294283
But they're where her ears are supposed to be, further their bases are far too spindly.

Are you suggesting that, instead of ears, she has spindly and useless horns?
>>
>>47293063
The SoP Alteration book has the Arcane Grip feat if you can into 3pp
>>
>>47293984

That actually changes the size of the weapon. It doesn't allow you to wield an inappropriately-sized weapon.

For that you need an Effortless Lace:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/effortless-lace

Unfortunately, both of these items specify a melee weapon...which might or might not include both ends of an axe/warhammer musket.

Of course, Empty Quiver Style is another way to make a ranged weapon count as a melee weapon:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/empty-quiver-style-combat-style

Needless to say, it's not clear how all these things work together, so you're still stuck hoping your DM rules favorably.
>>
Now I just want a construct with a bigass siege weapon in its chest.
>>
>>47294421
>SoP Alteration book
Not yet published, and the writer is a fag so this Handbook will probably suck.
>>
>>47294431
>The Big Guy and Rusty
Holy nostalgia trip Batman. Now I want to play in a game based off of it.
>>
>>47294436
Uhhh... no. Destruction was good, Alteration looks good so far, and he's receptive to feedback.
>>
>>47294473
It's not a very good series, I rewatched it last year and wasn't nearly as impressed as I was when I was a kid. But that episode and its second part are its shining moments.
>>
>>47294379
She has a lizard/dragon tail and scales on her face anon. She is also a loli in plate armor with a greatsword that has lots of razor-y bits stuck to it, even on the grip for some reason.

The reasonable thing to assume here is that normal anatomy (or even logic) need not apply.

If you require a semi-logical answer then she has lizard ear holes hidden by her hair and/or horns and they work well enough that the difference does not matter.
>>
>>47294431
They exist, are called Cannon Golems, and are surprisingly dextrous for their size.
>>
Is there anything to stop me using Deadly Aim & Vital Strike with a siege weapon?
>>
>>47294474
>Destruction was good
It had a few small good options, a glut of mediocre and/or pointless options, and a half-done Armorist archetype that causes it to have a nonfunctional capstone ability.
It's shit, just like Nature Handbook
Telekinesis was good though, and Light and Enhancement look to be pretty good as well. Divination was a huge meh, that would most likely just cause your DM to hate you.
>>
>>47294497
>If you require a semi-logical answer then she has lizard ear holes hidden by her hair and/or horns and they work well enough that the difference does not matter
This is acceptable.
>>
>>47294205
>>47294307
It was that with a trait from Distant Shores, you can worship Asmodeus as a LN deity for the purposes of spells and so on.

This means that a LG Paladin with the trait can worship Asmodeus while retaining paladin powers and not falling.

What makes it hilarious is that the trait is for one of the super special snowflake civilisations that are so perfect and aligned. And as a result, what Paizo hates has come from what they jerk off to.
>>
>>47294552
Destruction is leagues above Nature. All I can remember from nature was 'pick your casting stat' and cha, wis and con weapon qualities.

And a million 'do this other sphere at the same time as naturing' things, in both feat and talent form.
>>
>>47294205
No, as I recall, it was that people found out how to make Paladins of Asmodeus. Which were a thing in the original Golarion setting, but were retconned and have been the subject of a squats-level denial ever since.
>>
Making a shota kitsune Incanter (SoP) with an addiction to pyromancy

anything else other than elemental bloodline, destruction sphere, and nature (fire) ?
>>
File: PF - Paladin of Asmodeus.png (54KB, 1389x463px) Image search: [Google]
PF - Paladin of Asmodeus.png
54KB, 1389x463px
>>47294598
>>
>>47294598
Wasn't that trait also from Crystal's personal creation?
>>
File: a boy is fine too.jpg (167KB, 627x918px) Image search: [Google]
a boy is fine too.jpg
167KB, 627x918px
Why aren't you playing a male Magical Child with Companion to the Lonely yet, /pfg/?
>>
>>47294639
Is there a way to conjure sphere something fire based? I can't recall and don't have my pdfs on hand.
>>
File: sad megumin.png (755KB, 767x720px) Image search: [Google]
sad megumin.png
755KB, 767x720px
>>47294663
Because I don't have a group to play with.
>>
File: 1462664506763.jpg (81KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1462664506763.jpg
81KB, 640x960px
>>47294663
Too busy abusing intelligent weapon creation rules to make Nanoha instead.

not that I can play with anyone anyway
>>
>>47294718
You got the +1 Beaming enchantment?
>>
>>47294667

Only elemental companion which adds 1d3 fire damage to all attacks, i'm afraid

>>47294693

My group's recruiting and we have at least 2 weebs. Interested?
>>
>>47294663
Why are you still spamming this up and down?
>>
>>47294618
Your forgetting "Use Metal Geomancing to make Creation Sphere useless", which when I first went through the Alteration playtest was a definite problem along with the writer being super defensive about the thing. In fact, I think that it's good for there to be feats that allow you to mix up Sphere effects, since it helps keep Spheres from stepping on each other's toes on their own too much
>>
>>47294639
Don't. Destruction sucks complete dick.
>>
>>47294730
If it wasn't for the ranged restriction I would, it's perfect.

Merciful Flaming Spheres directed by the weapon instead, for now.
>>
>>47294775
>If it wasn't for the ranged restriction I would, it's perfect.

A Javelin is a ranged thrown weapon. Just saying. So yes, you can build Raging Heart.
>>
>>47294757
Timezone?
>>
>>47294764
I'm okay with some overlap, and I'd rather have something actually new as opposed to 'do two things at once'
>>
>>47294799
...I didn't think of that.

Huh. Yeah that is a lot better than a quarterstaff actually, and still simple. Can also be made of special metals unlike a quarterstaff.

Why didn't I think of this. Thanks.
>>
>>47294657
Yes that matriarchal utopia thing.
>>
>>47294855
Also, just to add to this.
If you'e grabbing Merciful (+1), why not grab Sapping as well? Merciful adds 1d6 damage but changes your weapon to nonlethal.

Sapping adds 2d6 damage, but only works with non-lethal weapons (which a merciful weapon is)

Its a very cheap way to get a cheap 3d6 weapon that isn't vicious.
>>
>>47294757
>My group's recruiting and we have at least 2 weebs. Interested?

Depends on what you play with. Roll20? MapTool? IRC? Discord? Skype?
>>
>>47294810

9:00 PM - 12AM GMT +8, Saturdays
>>
>>47294906
>>47294810

Roll20 + Skype, just give me your skypes if you're interested
>>
>>47294897
Merciful on the spheres was actually metamagic that can be applied for free, I never got around to thinking about weapon enchants. Whenever I get around to normally enchanting the weapon that would be perfect though.
>>
>>47294757
>My group's recruiting and we have at least 2 weebs. Interested?
YES, A THOUSAND FUCKING TIMES YES.
>>
>>47294929
Where is GMT+8? Australia?
>>
>>47295065
Malaysia (South east asia) but we got some westerners up in here as well.

Just add Chagrin (or if that doesn't work, alif9198) on skype and talk there.
>>
>>47294718
>intelligent weapon creation rule
Please inform me more. 1PP or 3PP? How do I do this? Please tell me I beg of you I want an intelligent weapon.
>>
>>47295084
Ah, I was close geographically at least
>>
File: 1426602271944.jpg (238KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1426602271944.jpg
238KB, 800x400px
>>47295087
>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/magicItems/intelligentItems.html
>>
>>47295084
>Malaysia players on pfg

Cool to know I'm not the only one - didn't think there was much of a demographic here. I'm in enough games already though
>>
>>47295106
Thank you. Time to (literally) make a new friend.
>>
>having players design characters for a level 20 game
>opponents are one of every "martial" class (I included 4 level casters.
>barbarian, fighter, monk, paladin, ranger, rogue, cavalier, gunslinger, vigilante, bloodrager, brawler, slayer, swashbuckler, anti-paladin, ninja, samurai, kineticist, medium
>extraplanar terrorist group
>have the lot of them be the most degenerate when it comes to strategy
>one of them is a wyrmsniper gunslinger firing a gatebreaker ballista with animated bolts, the bolts have swallow whole, inside the bolt is a halfling strangler brawler with an anti-magic belt and the bolts are coated with blightburn paste

I have designed the lot of them to just be huge assholes. I have allowed the players to do essentially whatever they want outside of a few bans (simulacrum and bloodmoney for instance) including PoW and other DSP content. To counter this I am making the lot of these guys pull all the stops I can in order to fuck over the PCs.

We'll see if the PCs can stop terrorism.

The high chancellor who is working with the party is replaced after the first act by a Vigilante with Any Guise
>>
File: MGR - Sam.jpg (647KB, 1263x1920px) Image search: [Google]
MGR - Sam.jpg
647KB, 1263x1920px
>>47295167
Make it out of a concept.

>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12785071/

Pic semi related.
>>
>>47293751
Vital Strike used to be 2x damage in the alpha.
>>
>>47295162

Considering I know like 8 Malaysian PF players, we might already know each other
>>
What feats or traits should I look at if I want to be decent at taking on spell casters? Or items?
>>
>>47295427
Nah, the only other malay guys I play with play 3.5 and don't have much PF experience.
I was surprised because I'd met pretty much none before, especially not /pfg/ types, though not like I was looking hard.
>>
>>47295429
Alchemical items like thunderstones or ghast retch flasks.

Archery related feats, because they will try to levitate or fly away, and Improved Initiative.

Reactionary, and other traits that raise your initiative.

If 3pp is allowed, look into Cursed Razor and Tempest Gale.
>>
File: Paladin.jpg (204KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin.jpg
204KB, 800x1000px
>>47295286
I should make a sword for the paladin out of his own faith. Not in his god, but in himself.
>this blade is not forged from something as fragile as adamantium, but from the depths of your soul. So long as you are willing to fight
>No matter how broken your body becomes. >No matter how desolate the situation.
>This partner will never give up on you.
Then give it "Cure Serious Wounds" or something.
>>
>>47295429

Unfortunately basically everything that allows you to be decent at killing spellcasters is a spell, or a class feature for a spellcasting class. There's basically nothing as far as feats go.

Feats:
Step Up/Following Step (Step Up and Strike is neat, but you need combat reflexes, otherwise they can just cast next to you) - Lets you stick to targets, keeping them from 5 ft. stepping away
Iron Will/Great Fortitude/Improved Versions - Pretty Basic, keeps you from being dominated/phantasmal killer'd
Disruptive/Spellbreaker - Increase concentration DCs. Need to be a Fighter, Vigilante, Arcane Duelist Bard, or Arcane Bloodrager to get these
Flight Mastery - Gives you Fly up to 3/day. Not great, but gives you a way to fly up next to a wizard.

Items:
Cloak of Resistance +5 - You need your saves as high as possible if you're gonna fight a wizard.

Jaunt Boots - Depending on how your GM reads it, these let you teleport 15 feet as a 5 ft. step 3/day. Allows you to bypass Walls of stone, force, and Blade Barriers.
>>
So the party fought an earth elemental last week.
Is there anything we can do to help the fighter-types against DR/-? Our fighter and rogue were almost completely sidelined that fight, while our evil cleric and paladin dealt with it all.

Bonus points if it's something I can do as a good cleric, since I'm trying to be helpful and boost everyone else: Had a look around at spell options and couldn't see anything, but I could easily have missed. Level 8 currently, 9 soon.
>>
>>47295449
There are like 2-3 Thai players lurking in here though.
>>
>>47295585
Power attack?
>>
Question about this post in previous thread
>>47264482
What is the half-elf oracle archetype they're referring to? I can only find an oracle archetype for elves, and the half-elves only have archetypes for witches/alchemists/summoners/rangers. Is there a source for it that I'm not aware of?
>>
>>47295084
Oh sweet. I'll think about joining this week. GMT+8 is also here in the Philippines.
>>
>>47295812
Half-elf can take elf archetype.
>>
File: 1462209822593.jpg (108KB, 736x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1462209822593.jpg
108KB, 736x1042px
We got /pfg/ anons in Malaysia, Thailand and Philippines?

Tell me which country you represent, /pfg/
>>
File: freedp,.jpg (43KB, 540x383px) Image search: [Google]
freedp,.jpg
43KB, 540x383px
>>47295836
America, the only country that matters.
>>
File: fatland.jpg (98KB, 662x535px) Image search: [Google]
fatland.jpg
98KB, 662x535px
>>47295836
>>47295925
I am also from Fatland
>>
>>47295585
DR/- should only be a minor annoyance to the fighter. He should have like +20 to damage...

Rogue is screw because of elemental other traits though. Unless he want to UMD staff/scroll or cast spell.
>>
>>47295836
Murica (too lazy to get a pic)
>>
>>47295836
I have one girl playing in Manila, another guy playing in Singapore, 1 guy in Taiwan who speaks with a bad english accent (but thankfully understands every word we say) and one girl in Australia.

Its a pretty diverse group, man.
>>
>>47295836
Australia, land of the 17 dollar minimum wage.
>>
File: hell.webm (1MB, 494x278px) Image search: [Google]
hell.webm
1MB, 494x278px
>>47295836
Canada. currently living in HOLY SHIT THE PROVINCE IS ON FIRE country.
>>
File: r68g0.jpg (64KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
r68g0.jpg
64KB, 480x270px
>>47295964
got you covered fellow burger
>>
>>47295997
Did Trump set fire to canada to stop people immigrating there?
>>
>>47296002
Appreciated.
>>
>>47294959
>Skype

Nope.
>>
File: Make Terra Great Again.jpg (269KB, 811x584px) Image search: [Google]
Make Terra Great Again.jpg
269KB, 811x584px
>>47295964
I got ya, bro
>>
This make me curious. Is there a region in Golarion that was based on South East Asia?
>>
>>47295836
2hu is from the Philippines.
>>
>>47294959
Discord is the way of the future maaaaaaaan.
>>
So I am playing a witch and have been having a lot of fun with me and my raven familiar. I convinced my GM to let to do PoW as a Raven Lord Harbinger. I even managed to convince her to let me effectively combine my familiar and my dark messenger.

What stuff should I grab to compliment my witch abilities? What disciplines would work best?
>>
>>47296042

I know, but from past experience it's less reliable than Skype, somehow
>>
>>47296059
Ditto. I think discord only works best wherever its server is located in.
>>
Does Channel Energy have to deal with Spell Resistance?
>>
>>47296056
You couldn't have just gone Hexcrafter Eldritch Archer Magus / Ravenlord Harbinger?
>>
>>47296081
It's not a spell, so no.
>>
>>47295953
I may have neglected to mention, but but the fighter and the rogue are both using bows. Fighter's been going manyshot/rapidshot to pump out many arrows.
It'd be nice if I could find a way to let those arrows hit decently without making the archer he wanted to play pick up a mace or something.

There isn't anything like dead shot for bows, is there?
>>
>>47296081
Yes
>>
>>47296097
Just give him magic arrows that bypass DR
>>
>>47296097
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/clustered-shots-combat

Clustered shots?
>>
>>47296081
Maybe?
>>
>>47296088
I have 7 levels in witch already and have been playing since level 1.
>>
>>47295997
That fire is done though.
>>
>>47296096
>>47296105
>>47296132
Well damn it
>>
>>47296097
Clustere- >>47296120

Yeah that.

Except it is a feat that he probably did not plan on taking but yeah that.
>>
>>47295997
Snow tires melt easily under heat, how do you know which days the weather is going to be snow and which days the weather is going to be fire? You're fucked if you have the wrong tires.
>>
>>47296174
Canada is a lawful plane. It's not the fucking abyss where one day you could have snowfall the next fire.
>>
>>47296117
You're talking GM fiat there, right? I'm not GM, just another player, but we've got a crafter, maybe we could bring something like that up. Make some magical weapon blanch or something. Thanks.

>>47296156
>>47296120
Ah, exactly what i was thinking of, thanks!
...Except now that know the name I remember another player recommended it to him already at the end of the session. At any rate thanks for the help.
>>
File: 1459818875155.gif (3MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1459818875155.gif
3MB, 400x224px
>>47295836
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>>
>>47296142
Still firebans all over the province and next to no rain.
>>
>>47296202
Canada: Lawful Good
America: True Neutral
Australia: Chaotic Good
>>
>>47296202
Some days Canada can sound pretty metal, ngl
>>
>tfw no lumberjack paladin order
>>
>>47296081
>>47296153
https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/coreRulebook/glossary.html
>Supernatural Abilities (Su): Supernatural abilities are magical but not spell-like. Supernatural abilities are not subject to spell resistance...

>Channel Energy (Su)

Nope, spell resistance doesn't apply.
>>
>>47296231
>Australia: Chaotic Good
You ever seen their wildlife? Or the way they talk?
They've got a Chaotic Evil Deity living under that fucking rock.
>>
>>47296231
I'd say more like
Canada: LG
America:CN(Weather is generally stable, until it gets bored and thenheatwaveoutofnowherefornogoodreason)
Australia:CE(It just wants to kill you)
>>
>>47296215
The Chevalier PrC is a good one that gets you a 1/day smite. Good for bowpeople, bypasses dr on evil shit, and comes with poison immunity.
>>
>>47296250
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>47296215
No, there are several magic weapon enchantments that reduce DR, and then there are enemies with DR that can be bypassed.
>>
>>47296243
Only if their sworn enemies were Chaotic Evil Ent Druids
>>
>>47296251
>Minimum Wage: 17 dollars
>>
>>47296290
Why the fuck do druids have all those fire spells anyway?
>>
>>47296290
Druids can't be CE

>>47296322
fire is a part of nature
>>
>>47296333
They have a special archetype.
>>
>>47296251
Fantasy Australia is basically an Epic Level Only zone.

You've got Great White Shark Pirates in the sea, with their crew of poisonous eel rogues, and pistol/ mantis shrimp brawlers.

You've got several caves leading to giant spider havens that would make Lolth gush web all over.

Deep in the woods are barbarian dropbears, ninja koalas, emu cavaliers, cassowary paladins with spirited charge and all manner of things that wants you dead.
>>
>>47296333
A number of trees need fire as part of their reproductive cycle.
>>
>>47290926
Path of War is just a poorly executed Tome of Battle
>>
>>47296367
Heck, real life Australia is an Epic Level Zone. The only explanation for why it's so dangerous is that the Final Boss of Real Life resides there.
>>47296372
I think Eucalyptus trees also explode when exposed to heat. Something about their sap or something.
>>
>>47296367
>Cassowaries
>Paladins

Antipaladins maybe, those things are like crustaceans. The only emotion they know is hate.
>>
>>47296389
I do kinda like ToB's disciplines more.
>>
>>47296270
>here are several magic weapon enchantments that reduce DR
I see planar, what are the others?

>and then there are enemies with DR that can be bypassed.
Well yeah, but the main reason for this question was against those that don't. It was triggered by earth elementals, and we're probably going to be fighting a lot of elementals of various types going forward.
>>
>>47296372
Yes, that's what makes it a part of nature.
>>
>>47296394
>I think Eucalyptus trees also explode when exposed to heat. Something about their sap or something.

Eucalyptus are native in Australia by the way. Koalas love them.

So yes, even the trees in Australia want you dead.
>>
>>47296394
>Tremendously Ancient Superevil is locked under Uluru.
>>
>>47296372
And prairies too. Entire ecosystems that require fire to exist.

Murica has controlled burns every so often to keep a few of them going, since if we let them burn by themselves it could fuck up homes and shit.
>>
File: Uluru,_helicopter_view.jpg (4MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Uluru,_helicopter_view.jpg
4MB, 3872x2592px
>>47296451
Precisely. There's no way this wasn't the site of an ancient battle during which 4 brave heroes sacrificed themselves to seal the Tremendously Ancient Superevil here. Are you ready for when it emerges in 3 months?
>>
>>47296522
>>47296451
>>47296394
So what you're saying is, one of Jtembe's Magical Warriors went rogue and created Australia?
>>
>>47295836
Australia.
>>
>>47296367
So what you're saying is that we're in Skinwalker Territory?
>>
How would one stat a 10th level spell? One of my players wants to attempt to take a page from a deity's spellbook.

Even if he succeeds he won't have any way of casting the spell, so I want to make it as broken as possible while still remaining reasonable for what a single spell could accomplish.
>>
>>47296584
Ice-9

It freezes a universe.
>>
I really want to design some NPCs. If you need an NPC just ask away. Just tell me what you want him to do (what kind of character you need) and I'll come up with something.
>>
>>47296367
>He forgot about the jellyfish.
>And the platypi, which are also venomous.
>>
>>47296584
Apocalypse

Deity 10 / Devil 10
Casting Time: 1 Eternity
Components: A million mortal souls bound to your faith

Range: EVERY. FUCKING. THING. IN EXISTENCE.
Target: refer to range
Duration permanent
Saving Throw kek no; Spell Resistance lol no

Description:
Universe collapses. Every one dies. DM starts a new campaign. Fuck you, Steve.
>>
>>47296649
I like it
>>
>>47296649
>Fuck you, Steve.

Ah yes, the titular given name of every That Guy.
>>
>>47296367
Fantasy canada is pretty high level too.

Large portions of it are barren wastelands unsuitable to life, roamed by wendigo and evil spirits. Fuckoff massive forests and swamps with moose and mammoths (it's actually only in around the last 10k years or less that the canadian megafauna were killed off - presumably through being hunted to extinction - these include mammoths and sea-cows). Other parts have dinosaurs, or massive animal herds (you *know* you want to see an albertosaurus hunt bison), or shit like dire polar bears / walruses.

Native tribes of the plains are largely hostile, and should they ever get horses would happily go full fucking mongol. River / forest tribes are a bit nicer, but still hate each other and everyone around them.

Did i mention the evil spirits? because there's evil spirits. Famines, Fires, long winters etc, all bring evil spirits. These things hate people and will do anything they can to fuck them up.

Despite all that though, it's a place that's fucking massive and has some interesting natural resources. the actual civilzed parts are very LG, and have had some of the greatest nation-builders around. They hate the natives though.
>>
>>47296584
Epic spells are a thing that exists.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/spellsIntro.htm

I remember you could learn them in NWN1 with a mod that added a shitload of content.

The real answer though, is that you don't stat anything. Anything that is a level 10 spell can do whatever the fuck the DM wants it to do. That shit is so powerful presumably even only a few gods, if any, have access to them.

Whatever it is it is probably borderline apocalyptic at minimum though, like Armageddon in Ultima 6 or something. It was a spell you could learn from wisps if I remember correctly and upon casting it it killed every single thing in the entire world but you, including your companions and Lord British who I believe was normally unkillable.
>>
>>47296692
FanCan is probably more reliant on survival skill checks than everything trying to kill you though.

As survivorman said, if you don't hunt or fish in canadian winter... you starve (in survival situations).
>>
>>47292904
My vivisectionist benefits from having a shield whilst still being able to use both his claws to attack and pushing 30 AC at level 7.
+1 plate 10
+1 darkwood heavy shield 3
Mutagen 2
Barkskin 3
Ring of prot 1
Dodge 1
>>
PsyArm is near perfect as a soulknife class archetype. Kudos to DSP for that.

I just wish they updated the weapon enhancement table. There's just so many good stuff from Paizo's updates that I wish DSP throws in.
Namely:

+2 Truthful
+1 Merciful, +1 Sapping (3d6 nonlethal damage with no penalties)
+1 Driving
+1 Beaming
+1 Fortuitous, +2 Furyborn (along with linked striking, is really good)
+2 Vampiric (great alongside Vicious)
and +3 Gory

I also wished they tossed Psychodisruptive in, which is their own material, because my DM actually follows Psionic / Magic transparency.
>>
>>47297459
Psyarm makes me want to punch people because of how often people bring it up for any possible concept whatsoever.

Also, it's a bit too strong with like no downsides, even compared to archetypes made after the beginning of the stealth-fixes.
>>
>>47297482
Every argument you just made, I have of the same opinion with the Magus.

I don't think people should consider the soulknife a "pure martial class" and think of it more as a "spell-less gish class" thus removing their preconceptions of 'martials not allowed nice things' or 'martials are automatically tier 3-4'
>>
>>47297459
Touhoufag please go, stop shilling PsyArm.
>>
>>47297505
>Never even brought up 'martials shouldn't have nice things'

It's too strong compared to the other archetypes, you clod.
>>
>>47297525
I am not Touhoufag, I'm just brushing up on the Psionics Augmented for a new game I'm joining.

>>47297535
I actually wish they buffed the Augmented Blade archetype, which is pretty fucking good, but just lacking in certain aspects compared to a PsyArm.

Think about it.

The Augmented Blade binds his psycrystal to his weapon, and yet, the Weapon doesn't become an intelligent weapon which may function independent of the soulknife.

This means it can't teleport, fly, scout ahead, share aspects with his wielder, etc.

It doesn't even say it can share psionic powers, since its compatible with gifted blade.
>>
>>47297459
>>47297505

Psyarm barely has any downsides is the issue: its fighting style automatically has the best of both worlds between melee and ranged: the only thing it misses out on are melee-specific weapon enchantments, which it
1) doesn't need when it has keen/linked striking/etc
2) can get later with distill panoply anyway.

I think it either should still provoke for firing in melee or be unable to target adjacent squares, or be unable to use rapid shot.
>>
>>47297567
I think its fine as is. If an argument should be made, its not the PsyArm is too strong, its that every other martial class that isn't the PoW or Magus, etc. is too weak.

Just my opinion, of course.
>>
>>47297555
Augmented blade has a bunch of nice things, it's less the psicrystal archetype as the Soulknife+ archetype.

Consider:
>You can have a golf bag of weapons with enchantments not on the soulknife list, and use their enhancements at will
>Can completely change up your enhancement allocation all day
>Also works on armor and shields
>Can power /wands/ using your own power point pool, making them potentially never run out. Not just psionic power stones and dorjes, actual arcane or divine spell wands.

Psyarm is a bit too strong, Augmented Blade is in the sweet spot.
I admit it didn't deliver on the Black Blade sort of flavor you were looking for though.
>>
File: 1461544355646.jpg (253KB, 806x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1461544355646.jpg
253KB, 806x1134px
>>47297601
>I admit it didn't deliver on the Black Blade sort of flavor you were looking for though.

Yeah, I kinda wish it did. A Psycrystal shouldn't be boring compared to a familiar in terms of fucntionality.
Having an Intelligent object would be fun. Imagine if you could imbue your psycrystal on a lockpick or a hammer and leave it to do its job unlocking doors, or crafting weapons while you focus on other stuff.
>>
>>47297581
Actual damage numbers are a complete aside: the thing is that its main mechanic (ranged full attack) is too good. It has all these unique panoply bladeskills, but barely any reason to use them because its full attacks are just so overwhelmingly better at killing stuff fast as the best solution to the problem.

Magus and PoW classes give richness of choice by needing to choose spells and maneuvers, and what to do every turn.
With PsyArm it's not a choice.
It's just 'Full attack every turn'.
>>
>>47297634
How about limiting its tricks to be more ammo systemish?
Like, knock off the 1+, it's just wismod (minimum 1), and each iterative attack takes a blade, each defend takes a blade, etc.
I think the other problem is that it needs wisdom and only wisdom.
>>
>>47297774
Inventory Management Hell.
>should I use up all my soulblades to rapidshot and have 0 left to make AoO's?
>should I make this AoO, leaving me unable to make a full attack next round?

Its not bad, I guess
>>
>>47297774
I like the idea but it's hardly enough to care about for the most part.
With how wis-sad it already is, you can expect a wis mod of around +6 by the time it reaches 6 BAB, so even with full attack+rapid shot+haste it still has two leftover blades every round.
>>
>>47297790
I mean, it fits with the flavor. Optional blade tricks or other shenanigans to get more, or give mind daggers a use by making it the "Get an absolute fuckton" option.
>Have 3 bigass hammers that float around you and fly out to attack
>Have 4-5 battleaxes that cleave shit
>Have 7-8 daggers in a whirlwind of razors
Would Distill Panoply get you an actual soulknife at a penalty on top of this, or count as one or more of your ammo?
Would also be interesting to stick the numbers slightly under, then have various tricks and means to regain them when you aren't supposed to.
>>
>>47297581
Nah, I'm with other anon there, PsyArm is a bit too strong.

It has better ranged and melee than other soulknives, has the best of both worlds on enhancement selection, hits harder on average, manifests just as well, has the best threat range and/or flanking and/or CQC-Ranged abilities... It basically gets everything the other archetypes get.

To me, Warsoul and Augmented(with gifted) are right in the sweet spot.
>>
>>47297790
It's not hell at all, it gets more than enough weapons per turn not to worry about it.
>>
I think the best method to fix the PsyArm is to remove Hungry Blades and the Improved Range blade skill, nerfing its range to Throwing distance.
>>
>>47297790
>>47297833
>>47297861
So how do we break up that advantage? Slower progression of blades? Differing amounts like >>47297849
so it needs to choose between number of attacks and actual damage with those attacks? Make it less SAD to start but put it in blade tricks just for the archetype in case someone wants to do that? I mean, that could be the easiest way to do it. Basic psyarm actually grabs and hits/throws with the weapon, you need a bladeskill or two to be the creepy levitating dude in a cloud of steel that's just standing there with his arms crossed like a putz, which puts you behind on tricks.
Starting as shirou and working up to gilgamesh, in other words.
>>
>>47297888
I like this idea. Also, nice trips.

Make the Psyarm a mix between melee and ranged psyarm, but not being the best at both.

Distill Panoply doesn't offer Wis to hit/dam bonus.
Ranged Panoply doesn't have as much range as a soulbolt.
>>
>>47295538
Wasn't that how the gods made Samurai Jack's sword for his dad?
>>
>>47296243
>I have no idea what Paladins of Erastil do, please rape my face
Seriously, though, logging that respects nature is totally a thing, and a Paladin who plants as many/more trees than he cuts down would totally make Old Deadeye a happy stag so long as he is impregnating his wife and being a good dad to his kids, of course.
>>
>>47296414
Honestly, the desert one with all the fire-themed attacks is really the only one I really liked from ToB. I feel like the PoW disciplines are really cool except for BB and PF which are boring as hell.
>>
File: ev07_02.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ev07_02.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>47292644
Stay-at-home priestess of Erastil.
>Was never NOT a woman
>IS happy raising children and being part of the local community
>Packs excellent lunches
>Worries the older kids might try to follow their father into dangerous places sometimes
>Sometimes helps paint signs for "bad person's castle" or "burning orphanage" to help give those poor paladins a hope for meaningful work.
>>
>>47298364
>>
At what level do Cleric stop melee?
>>
>>47293993
I like you. Can I play in your campaigns anon?
>>
>>47294379
She's an Au Ra; they do have horns for sensory organs instead of ears.

And that's the least dumb thing about the race's design.
>>
>>47297482
>Also, it's a bit too strong with like no downsides
>>47297567
>the only thing it misses out on are melee-specific weapon enchantments
How about 1.5x stat to damage, +3 power attack, manyshot?
>>
File: 1463487274669_.jpg (16KB, 224x217px) Image search: [Google]
1463487274669_.jpg
16KB, 224x217px
>>47298898
>>
• Characters may choose the average of their hit die rounded up instead of rolling at leach level
• All Paizo common and featured races allowed
• All Paizo classes allowed
• All Path of War and Expanded classes allowed
• Unchained classes allowed: Barbarian, Monk, Rogue, Summoner
• Paladins and Rangers have caster level equal to their class level, not their class level -3
• Variant multiclassing and normal multiclassing allowed, but no levels in a class that is your VMC. VMC must be chosen at character creation.
• Fractional base bonuses are in effect
• Unchained skill rules are in effect
• Character gain 2 skill points for background skills as per the unchained rules
• Crafting and profession rules use the expanded rules from unchained
• Skill unlocks may be purchased using the signature skill feat. Unchained rogues can use their class features to unlock their skill as normal.
• 2 traits (Paizo or otherwise) allowed at character creation.
• Combat stamina feat from unchained given for free to all fighters.
• Variant magical item creation rules are in effect
• Wound threshold rules are in effect (-1 penalty on most things for every 25% of your max health you are missing)
• Rogues, ninjas and monks have full BAB
• Fighters have good will save progression
• All 3pp content is allowed, subject to DM permission

Decent houserules?
>>
>>47299134
>Wound threshold rules are in effect (-1 penalty on most things for every 25% of your max health you are missing)

nope.
>>
>>47299134
All characters that aren't casters should have a minimum of 4 skill points per level+Int

Allow select 3.5 content, because it did have some good shit

Allow people to take the paizo drawbacks

Allow people to take flaws for feats

Allow hero points
>>
Does anyone use daemons or people aligned with the Four Horsemen or three horsemen and one horsewoman as bad guys? Most of the people I know use devils and demons.
>>
>>47298282
>happy Aldo Leopold.png
>>
File: YoshiT4Art.jpg (548KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
YoshiT4Art.jpg
548KB, 1200x1200px
how much of a faggot am i for wanting to play as a cool bug insect ninja guy
>>
>>47299722
enjoy never walking into any town without getting chased out fuckwad
also
>ninja
>>
File: Ghenshau.png (392KB, 474x692px) Image search: [Google]
Ghenshau.png
392KB, 474x692px
>>47299722
Hope you're packing some disguise/alter self, cuz damn you ugly.
>>
Any ways to get more use out of the beaming enchantment? Need to get that Nanoha "100 beams of friendship" fix.
>>
>>47298495
That's her O-face isn't it
>>
>>47299874
Nanoha have only one beam though.
>>
What's the point in picking Erastil as your deity when Milani does his job better, and with 85% more representation?
>>
File: nanoha-top-with-blaster-bits.jpg (135KB, 800x760px) Image search: [Google]
nanoha-top-with-blaster-bits.jpg
135KB, 800x760px
>>47299917
Nah, she's got those blaster bits, anon.
>>
>>47299954

Because Erastil fucked a giant woman so hard she gave birth to stone giants AND dire bears.
>>
File: 640px-AxelShooter.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
640px-AxelShooter.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>47299917
>>47300015 (Me)
Also she was able to get axel shooter up to 32 beams when she got older. That's a lot of beams.
>>
File: 1461559415540.gif (105KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461559415540.gif
105KB, 480x360px
>>47299134
>All 3pp content is allowed, subject to DM permission

Cool. My character will be one of these.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/kobold-press/ascetic

This will be balanced, right?
>>
>>47300022

I would've imagined the God of Family would have an actual wife.

Why are all the gods and goddesses so single and boring? When's the last time you've seen a real mythology where absolutely none of the deities have partners?

Oh, but I guess Shizuru and her moon boy count.
>>
File: What.jpg (19KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
19KB, 282x341px
I am a Lizardfolk Druid, I take the Improved natural attack (claw) feat for my lizardfolk claws
Does this talent transfer his benefit to my claw-fitted wild shapes?
>>
File: product_detail_beetleborgs.jpg (48KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
product_detail_beetleborgs.jpg
48KB, 700x394px
>>47299722
>Ninja
>not Aegis or Synth Summoner
Step it up sempai
>>
>>47300142
>>47300142
It should yes, the feat allows you to use claw attacks as a class of "weapons" more efficiently I.e. at a higher damage dice, not just your natural forms claws.
>>
>>47300142
Likely not, but ask your DM if you still want the extra claw damage.
>>
How do I get 120% real illusion again?
>>
>>47300198
It does apply to all claws.

Think of it as being extra experienced with sharp things coming out of your fingers.

>>47300229
I only know of 110%
Darkness Oracle casting shades in the shadow plane.

It'd be a 10th level spell to cast Solid Shadows Shades, but if you could get your hands on that, it could be 130%.
>>
>>47300038
>>
>>47300229
Shadowcaster Wizard with Solid Shadows MM and Magical Lineage
>>
>>47299874
I contemplated homebrewing Nanoha: the discipline for thick pink things of friendship, but upon closer inspection "spell" list on the wiki looks really T4-ish - lots of blasting, few shields, one or two binds. And I haven't found a way to integrate devices and barrier jackets into martial discipline without making a huge clusterfuck out of it.
>>
File: 1460603298541.jpg (1MB, 1290x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1460603298541.jpg
1MB, 1290x1920px
Why does Kingmaker suck again?
>>
>>47300449
It's more a campaign framework rather than a campaign ready to play. And book 1 is mostly boring hexcrawl.
>>
>>47300465
>hexcrawl
>boring
>>
>>47300449
Kingmaker requires A LOT of extra prep work. By itself it's just a really bland hex crawl.
>>47300509
They can be
>>
What's the most metal thing I can do with PoW? I want to sell a friend on the idea of it.
>>
>>47300088

Well, any goddess that isn't a giant would probably be pretty wary after that happened. And isn't Daikitsu is in secret lesbians with some snek lady?

You do have a point though. There aren't many divine power couples or consorts. Probably down to Paizo not wanting to put the work into figuring out who goes with who and what ramifications that has on their cults.
>>
I'm building a steelfist commando that emulates the metal gear snakes, but I'm torn between either steel serpent or broken blade. Any recommendations?

Also does any other archetype stack with steelfist commando? Beyond Privateer of course, because it's pretty bad.
>>
>>47300532
But don't the random kingdom events make things exciting?
>>
>>47300573
>I'm torn between either steel serpent or broken blade. Any recommendations?
Serpent is pending buffs, Blade is pending nerfs.
You can pick all your maneuvers from Hourglass and still be awesome.
How about playtesting Fool's Errand?
>>
File: 1442880196481.jpg (212KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1442880196481.jpg
212KB, 1000x1333px
>>47300465
Well, at the very least, if you want to make your OWN campaign setting, it provides the tools for that.
>>
>>47300638
Fool's Errand?
Do elaborate.
>>
Quick question: The enhancement bonus of a Belt of Incredible Dexterity becomes permanent after 24 hours. Does it then stack with the enhancement bonus of a Cat's Grace spell? Or does it not because they're both still enhancement bonuses?
>>
>>47300581
No because most of them are
"There's a fire, lose X to Y"
"The !Poepe visited gaint X to Y"
And nothing more unless the GM put's a shit ton of more work and depth into it.
>>
>>47300663
>Or does it not because they're both still enhancement bonuses?
This
>>
File: I do it for grapples.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
I do it for grapples.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>47300649
Grappling discipline based around the climb skill

Replace grapple with 'grasp' to control how it can be used to the discipline. Maneuvers include damaging, moving the enemy at various speeds, and throwing them increasing distances.

Has some anti-magic components, but it's not even in beta yet, to my knowledge.
>>
>>47300649
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?487641-Dreamscarred-Press-Path-of-War-Fool-s-Errand
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit?pref=2&pli=1
>>
File: 1441769445532.jpg (176KB, 1100x804px) Image search: [Google]
1441769445532.jpg
176KB, 1100x804px
How do you gain access to Elemental Flux as a discipline when you're not Chaotic?
>>
>>47300686
Cool, thanks anon
>>
>>47300734
Unorthodox Method trait from PoWE.
>>
>>47300734
Unorthodox Method, Bladecaster, and I'm not sure but I think Animus Adept grant it but I could be wrong
>>
Oh man, I really don't like the warlord's flanking/teamwork feats abilities.
>>
>>47300944
Why not?
>>
>>47300979
No one else is playing a legit frontliner.
Is there a way to get CHA to initiation modifier as a Mystic?
>>
>>47301048
Why not play a Zealot or a Knight Disciple Paladin?
>>
>>47301048
>Is there a way to get CHA to initiation modifier as a Mystic?
Why? Nobody's playing a face either?
>>
Why are most of the creature types niche or pointless? Most of them easily fit as subtypes.
>>
>>47301619
They aren't, though? At least, not unless you want to completely redefine what type means. Dragons could maybe be magical beasts, monstrous humanoids could be done away with, and outsider type is a mess that should reworked entirely, but most of the types are just fine where they are.
>>
Aside from Artful Dodge and Dirty Fighting, what feats count as other feats or prereqs?
>>
So for improved familiar it says you can take a familiar with in one step of alignment. Does this mean that for example if i were true neutral i could only take chaotic neutral, lawful neutral, true neutral and the ones that say any?
>>
>>47301754
NG and NE too.
>>
>>47301619
Because they were copied from 3.5.
>>
>>47301619
>>47301705
The types were built by WotC around the assumption of being pseudo-classes rather than basing statistics on CR, so most are redundant if you're building a type scheme from scratch.

You only really need five types: animated, beast, folk, monster and spirit.
>>
>>47301754
Think of alignments on a grid.

>LG | NG | CG
>LN | TN | CN
>LE | NE | CE

So a TN character gets access to LN, NG, CG, and NE. CG gets access to NG and CN, etc. Alignments diagonal to your chosen alignment are not considered within one step. This is the easiest way to memorize it.
>>
>>47301898
Eh, I fucked up that explanation a bit at first. TN gets access to:
>LN
>NG
>CN
>NE
and of course TN because that's within 0 steps obviously.
>>
>>47301754
>When choosing a familiar, the creatures listed here are also available to you. You may choose a familiar with an alignment up to one step away on each alignment axis (lawful through chaotic, good through evil).

The keyword here is EACH alignment axis. So if you're a TN character, you could take any familiar, except those in the corners that say "Within one step of...".
>>
>>47301914
Ah, I forgot about the 'along each axis' part. This is the correct explanation.
>>
>>47301914
So as true neutral you couldnt take a chaotic good if it said with in one step of correct?
>>
>>47302066
Yeah, if you look at the feat page here, you could take anything except the Faerie Dragon.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/improved-familiar
>>
File: 1414875006800.png (585KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1414875006800.png
585KB, 800x533px
Where do you fill in your class on a Neceros sheet so that it can calculate your base attack and saves? I can't see it anywhere and I can't fill in those values manually.
>>
>>47302552
>>47302552
>>47302552
>>47302552

NEW BREAD
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.