[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weekend Quest Discussion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 24

File: op image.gif (461KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
op image.gif
461KB, 600x600px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/x6BqaJ7r
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

>QM
How shit is /qst/?

>Player
How shit is /qst/?
>>
>>46981568

It's terribad. Utter shit as a board.
>>
>>46981568

The new board is crap. It's the Warsaw Ghetto of boards.
>>
>>46981568

All shitposting aside, how do you do an anime-themed quest without it being TOO anime?

Like, thanks to 4chan, I'm afraid of mentioning 'katana' and 'fedora', ever, because they're both massive in-jokes despite being completely reasonable words. If you're going for something seinin manga-ish, how do you make things more respectable/serious?
>>
>>46981568
>Player
>How shit is /qst/?
played one quest there so far (capes over Rain City) and I see nothing wrong with it in the slightest.

the pseudo tripcodes even make it easy to keep track of either QM posts, my own posts, or whom is saying what in the spaces between quest actions

I've not used most of the actual board features besides that though.

>>46981589
>>46981633
by the rules of that board this thread doesn't go there. so it goes here and you can just deal with it you sad, sad piles of ossified stupidity and wasted organ meat...

>>46981726
>they are no rules stating that quests should go to /qst/
except the common knowledge that Quests SHOULD go on the QUEST BOARD
its the 21st century, lets see if Separate But Equal can work now
>>
>>46981810

I loathe the tripcodes more than anything else.
>>
>>46981568
>"And look at this shiny new gulag, you can paint graffiti and drown in shit all day!"

/qst/ looks okay until you're done running, then it takes about a day to fall off the board. And all the quests there are shit.
>>
>>46981794
We have to make room for thirty more quests about warhammer shitposting and waifu fights
>>
>>46981833

Basically this. It's clear that this isn't going to fucking work, best intentions or not. All it's done is to bring out the shitposters in force.
>>
>>46981809
Well don't use the word fedora ever, it's taken on a meaning completely separate from the article of clothing. But if you just say sword instead of katana, and the setting is clearly Japanese, people will assume it's a katana.
>>
>>46981810
>its the 21st century, lets see if Separate But Equal can work now
Oh, you're pro-segregation. I guess I can discard your opinion now.
>>
>>46981810
>played one quest there so far (capes over Rain City) and I see nothing wrong with it in the slightest.

Except for the fact that the thread was unusable? The thread itself stopped being able to auto and manually update.
>>
>>46981854
Pretty much. Now we have to sit through a week of people throwing autism fueled tantrums about it
>>
>>46981857

Yeah, this is why I've never, ever used 'katana'. It's always just 'long blade' or 'sword'.
>>
File: 1461935138399.gif (33KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1461935138399.gif
33KB, 800x450px
I'm running something on /qst/ right now (>>>/qst/4821), mostly as a fair litmus test to see if /qst/ is viable at all

A day after, my only complain with /qst/ is the lack of players there, it's pretty slow compared to when I played here on /tg/ a year ago, and even then my quality control and general quest quality was pretty damn bad and didn't deserve the amount of players it did; where as, now, I feel like this would've run much more smoother and livelier on /tg/

Just my honest opinion
For now, I can't migrate here since the quest isn't dead yet
>>
>>46981568
I'm a supporter of having a permanent Quest Discussion Thread or Quest thread general on /tg/ if /qst/ makes it out of trial.

As one anon said in the feedback thread about having one on /tg/
>A thread where people could discuss, suggest, and advertise upcoming and ongoing /qst/ quest threads?
>>
>>46981568
The way the board works isn't to bad, I prefer /tg/ but the problem is how toxic the community is. /tg/ already had some awful players but /qst/ has them for a ton of other boards as well and the quests are mostly shit so far.
>>
>>46981829
why?

>>46981865
again, why?
and I'm not pro segregation for PEOPLE.
but I'm for it in this case though.
use of that phrase was meant to be an amusing parallel

>>46981868
I hadn't noticed any problem like that.
I'll have to watch for that.
>>
>>46981868
Well the whole board had that problem, but is now fixed
>>
>>46981882
Once all the quest threads are banned from /tg/ then the players will have to go to /qst/, so if anything the lack of players there is an argument for shunting them out of here.
>>
>>46981890

It's achingly, ass-crampingly slow and poorly optimized. Fuck that shit.

And as I've seen on the Spooky thread, people get really fucking weird if there's a 24/7 sticky. Believe me.
>>
>>46981810

I took a garner at some of them and theres a marked difference in the speed of content and playstyle.

I was against /qst/ but I'm starting to believe theres a market for quests on both boards. /tg/ ones will mainly be those of hi-speed updates in sessional threads while those on /qst/ resemble those long lasting games with updates once a day or week.

And I think thats great, as long as players and qms have the choice as to whether to host or play either on /tg/ or /qst/, allowing a schedule that fits them.
>>
I have like three threads left till I wrap my own quest up, no way are my players going to migrate, and it's already too slow to finish in one sitting. I hope I'll get to stay here at least until I finish my current quest, if not I'll probably stop DMing for good.
>>
>>46981920
It doesn't necessarily have to be a sticky. It could just be a regular general.
>>
>>46981947
Don't give up on your quest! The only people you'll be harming by doing that are your own players.
>>
>>46981933
Yeah, but that was already the case with hachi-chan, and that place was a fucking disaster. We knew what would happen with a separate quest board, since we'd seen it happen already.
>>
>>46981933

It's fucked. If you ran a Quest there, it would be dead on arrival. You would have jack shit for players.

Add to how there are content restrictions, and you're better off running on anon-kun.
>>
I think a big point of contention right now is that /qst/ is mostly being populated by shitpost quests complaining about its creation, trolls doing non quests to make fun of quests, and smug antiquestfags being smug and claiming victory.

It cyclical.

Though presently on /tg/ as of yesterday, mass antiquest shitposts in quest threads were being deleted by mods.

Its only a trial board presently and most established QMs seem retisent to move there until they are forced to by mod action of bans, warnings, and deletion of quests on /tg/.

There are arguments to and for /qst/ but right now there are too many smug assholes claiming its containment when a lot of quest fags are also fatguys who have opinons on /tg/ stuff and contribute to and will probably stay on /tg/ for those threads. Because its new and antiquestfags are so up in arms of perceived victory its a den of condescending "HAHA WE WON YOU SUCK" shitposting...

If its going t work as a board, it needs time. It needs time and people calming the fuck down.

Questfag and Antiquestfag alike.
>>
>>46981980

It's not going to work as a board. You're looking at a malformed fetus gurgling "Kill me" and you're going "I think he's going to make it!"
>>
>>46981967

Yes, experience has shown that in other boards but I'm just hoping it doesn't just flop over and die after the start. There is something worthwhile in a much slower quest environment. It's not for every quest or their quest goers of course but this way at least the choice remains.

>>46981972

Not exactly. I'd like to point to these two quests in particular as an example.

>>>qst/2903
>>>qst/2327

The mod, while not knowing what he did, did create a good environment for slow drawquests. I'm hoping to see more of their ilk.
>>
>>46982005
No, I'm saying that if its going to work it needs time; not that its going to work. I'm running my fucking quest on here until I get booted over there you fucking shit licking douche trying to shunt your own words in my fucking mouth with your douchenozzel shit covered tongue.

Fuck!
>>
>>46981890
This, just one thread on /tg/, a good compromise for the antiquest newfaggots
>>
>>46981984
>choked with quests
When /qst/ was created, you know how many quests were on the board?

Seven.

Seven threads of roughly 150 were quests. Yeah, I can totally see how that's 'choking' the board with them.

>>46981568
>How shit is /qst/?
About equal to a fertiliser truck.

New quest coming soon to /tg/! Resistance Quest!

You'll play a single soldier, fighting as part of your country's resistance movement against an oppressive military regime. It'll be up to you to play a role in freeing your country.
Will you cast out the occupation forces alone?
Will you reach out to neighboring countries for assistance?
Will you accept the occupier's agenda as your own and fight to quell the dissidents and bring peace to your home?
Can you disrupt the Federation's war machine?
Can you free your countrymen from enslavement in the camps?
Can you reconcile different races and religions fighting the same struggle?
Can you keep your humanity and even find happiness?
Can you survive?
>>
>>46982035
>>>>qst/2903
>>>>qst/2327

dammit. That should be:
>>>/qst/2903
>>>/qst/2327
>>
>>46981933
>I took a garner at some of them and theres a marked difference in the speed of content and playstyle.
I don't have the experience to make that comparison, however I can understand what you mean regarding different styles of play and running. though the once a day or once a week updates won't work with the board as it is (see below.)

>>46981952
it has to be a sticky, thread older than 48 hours auto-autosage regardless of activity.

>>46981980
in all honesty I suspect a few of those may also be there for QMs to test the function of the board.

>If its going t work as a board, it needs time. It needs time and people calming the fuck down.
don't all things?

>>46981984
except that the /qst/ board isn't for discussions of quests, it's just for running them...

>>46982018
>/tg/ stopped getting things done
....I've gotten things done in the past year...
Lost Source
and
BloodBrew
and
The Facility

you just aren't really looking closely it would seem...

>>46982029
because a WQDT doesn't belong there?

>>46982036
take a deep breath man, it's just trolling.
>>
>>46982057
I would play that quest.
>>
>>46982066
>because a WQDT doesn't belong there?
No, it doesn't belong anywhere. Quests are bad enough we don't need your meta here too. Link all quests to some shit place off-site if you have to have a circlejerk.
>>
>>46982036

No need to be so touchy.

I predict the board's death by the end of the week, at any rate.
>>
>>46981980
>Because its new and antiquestfags are so up in arms of perceived victory its a den of condescending "HAHA WE WON YOU SUCK" shitposting...
I have never expected /tg/ to be this immature.
>>
>>46982057
>>When /qst/ was created, you know how many quests were on the board?
>Seven.
>Seven threads of roughly 150 were quests. Yeah, I can totally see how that's 'choking' the board with them.
Have you noticed how the people arguing against quests use the same arguments every time?

>I'm a super oldfag
>but I never come to /tg/ because of all the nasty quests
>/tg/ is absolutely drowning in quests
>I can't see the front page!
Literally the same thing every time.
>>
>>46982066
>....I've gotten things done in the past year...
>Lost Source
>and
>BloodBrew
>and
>The Facility
Search results for any of those on 1d4chan: 0
>>
>>46982066
>it has to be a sticky, thread older than 48 hours auto-autosage regardless of activity.
Not on /tg/ they don't. Or they didn't as of a few days ago. Hell I've seen threads that lasted most of a week just this past month.

Not that I would expect a QTG to last that long.
>>46981890
>>
>>46982119
It was actually five, some autist posted his filter.
>>
>>46982121
>1d4chan
Doctor, I think my tumor is coming back!
>>
>>46982107

It's unfortunately everywhere these couple of days. Check the 4plebs archives of the quests threads of the past day or two.

See how posts have been pruned. Thankfully the jannys are still working overtime, following board precedent.
>>
Well, now that quests are going to die I can actually just stop coming to 4chan all together. If all I'm going to get to browse is 40k, Elf sex, and people complaining about their gaming group or lack thereof, I'd rather just play video games
>>
>>46982089
>Link all quests to some shit place off-site if you have to have a circlejerk.
Good idea, clearly there should be a discord made for the discussion of quests!
If it's not obvious, the exclamation mark denotes sarcasm.
>>
>>46982127
I think hes referring to the lifespan of quests on /qst/. I remember reading the mangleger proposing an autosage after a certain period of time.
>>
>>46982090
>>46982066
Sorry, its been a frustrating couple of days. You're right of course. And you >>46982066
are right of course, there likely are a few QMs testing the waters. If I have to run something there if we are forced over I am running something other than my regular thing first.

>>46982107
It has been getting a bit less mature lately, hasn't it? What happened to threads about sexy ladies devolving into threads about the complexities and comparison of medieval and roman empirical wheat distribution and economies?
>>
File: bloodbrew.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
bloodbrew.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>46982090
I give it at least 3 before its certain to live or die

>>46982089
it pertains to /tg/ through role-play and collaborative story-telling. but it is not a quest so it doesn't go on /qst/

>>46982121
I've not posted them there...I don't know how.
here, have one/

>>46982127
>Not on /tg/ they don't.
oh, I had thought you meant on /qst/; my mistake.
>>
>>46982148
That's a 132 too many. Off-topic is off-topic.
>>
The big litmus test will be when planefag brings KCQ onto /qst/.

Of the big name QMs, hes the only one whos really all for it and now that LL has that archive up, he'll probably be doing his next thread there.
>>
>>46982057
That quest sound interesting, but are we just a grunt or one of the higher ups? Is our country occupied by a foreign power or just under a tyranical local rule? Is there infighting amongst civilians and within our own faction? And how fucked are we? Do we still hold some cities and field an actual army or are we an underground movement?
>>
>>46982121
>>46982171
and another, though I cannot claim full credit for this one. a lot was ideas had by others, but I stuck it together and the playtesters think it has potential...

as yet, I am not confident in The Facility so I'll not post it...
>>
>>46982184
Of course, darling.
>>
My question is how do we archive things now?
>>
>>46982188

It's funny, but JQOP is virulently against it. I don't think he's ever expressed so much hatred for something before.

>>46982218

suptg, like always.
>>
>>46982188
He's running an omake there later today, but we'll see if he runs the main quest there.

>>46982218
suptg added a /qst/ archive. If you're looking for a foolfuuka archive, none exist yet.
>>
>>46982218
suptg

LL has been modding his archive so you can register threads from /qst/ as well.
>>
>>46982218
sup/tg/ got an archive for the board running less than 24 hours later. thats all good.

>>46982184
...except that it isn't for /tg/...
>>
>>46982241
>He's running an omake there later today, but we'll see if he runs the main quest there.
He won't. If he doesn't get a thousand posts and hour he doesn't run at all.
>>
>>46982232
Havnt followed JQ for a while.

Is wata still shitting things up?
>>
>>46982264

Change of timezone for Wata, but the Quest has been stuck in the big final battle for months now.
>>
>>46982310
Did they finally find Hecate?
>>
>>46982324

Found her real-life body, but she's in a permanent coma. A lot of stuff happened after that. At this point, it turns out there's a White Joker and most of the villains and nearly all of our friends are dead.

Where did you stop reading?
>>
I'm completely of the opinion that quests that started here, stay here. While suptg can work with the new board, you'll still need separate links to tag between /tg/ archives and qst archives.

Oneshots and new ones can go to qst IF THEY WANT, but honestly there's nothing wrong with waiting a few weeks for thing to die down.

Mods have shut up, so there's no way to really effect some of the smaller changes and they certainly aren't going to address the harder points made against them.
>>
>>46982338
After Joker killed off the Jegan ECOAS type player that was an army by himself.
>>
Where art thou review-anon?
>>
>>46981809
There are weeaboos who go to Japan and are horrified to learn that nothing they thought they knew about Japan is remotely accurate.

Don't be him.
>>
>>46982400
Busy writing his review of /qst/ probably.
>>
File: French Resistance 1.jpg (86KB, 586x586px) Image search: [Google]
French Resistance 1.jpg
86KB, 586x586px
>>46982073
>>46982195
You'll be starting as a single man (or woman) fighting the occupation of a foreign power. You can either start your own movement to oppose the invaders, or join an existing network.

The army has been totally disarmed and placed in internment camps, following your premier's total unconditional surrender. The war has only been formally over a matter of weeks, but given the enemy held some 80% of the land and the capitol before the surrender, it was decided well before then. Your own nation were still using hand-cranked gatlings, while the enemy were closer to 1939 Germany, with a few inconsistencies.

I'm working on a glossary of terms right now. I'll post it here and on my twitter when I'm done. There'll be some light fantasy elements present, such as a nearby nation that's majority-elven, but mostly, it'll be grounded in reality. You can make most assumptions based on a real-world basis and I'll do my best to address the planet and historical and cultural differences in the glossary.
>>
>>46982377

There are several more rounds of combat over several days, and Joker has to kill Iron Ogre. Kotone reveals in a vision that she's getting married to the White Joker at the end of the school festival, and /tg/ decides to renew their relationship with Mio but keeps sending mixed messages.

Volt Regios turns out to be a chick. We meet a very old WWII Player who turns out to be Rust Kaiser's creator and who reveals that the White Joker studied under him.

In Day 3, Joker has to fight Bishamon. He kills Bishamon's Hyades, and Bishamon just vanishes from the story forever. He leaves behind his broken badge and sticks the Apex Blade into the ground as a 'fuck you' to Joker.

We meet Mio's mother, the Chalice Queen, who turns out to have been the first Hyades. She has a plot to disrupt the cycle, but it's complicated and fiddly to explain.

At the end of Day 3, the Smilers drag the whole festival and everyone into it into the Red World. Hundreds die. White Joker turns out to be Naoya Shiga. The two of them fight, and they're equally matched. (Con.)
>>
>>46982413
>It's rather shallow and pedantic
ReviewAnon(2016)
>>
>>46982415
Sounds good, I'll play
>>
>>46982455

Both of them fight to a standstill and are dragged into the abyss. Naoya turns out to have been torturing Mio, and wants Kotone to possess her. This is thwarted by the Chalice Queen's plan to possess her own daughter.

To psychologically break Mio, Naoya reveals that Joker was fucking Cybele. She takes it very badly, and has a complete breakdown. Joker manages to escape the hell-realm he's trapped in by being recalled to Cybele's demense.

It turns out Alura got there first, and she holds Joker down and rapes his soul. She's obviously very turned on by it, and she commands Cybele to gouge out her own eyes.

Joker eventually escapes, and Cybele dies in the process. He begins to mutate into a really fucked-up looking shoggoth form. Picking his way through the rubble of the school, he finds a dying Kazuya. The Hand of Midas infuses Kazuya and turns him into the nearly-invincible Player Daegal.

The two of them launch a fightback and eventually invade the Diadem with a team consisting of Armaros, Haze, mutated Rook, Daegal, Joker and Thief. They end up fighting a team consisting of Alura, Rust Kaiser, Bell Zephyr (Megumi), Inox Fang (Yes, THAT Inox Fang), Enfer (Ren) and Calcite Arrow (Bardiel's fucktard of a friend.)

A lot of people die and we're still at it.
>>
File: haaaaaaa.gif (183KB, 280x153px) Image search: [Google]
haaaaaaa.gif
183KB, 280x153px
>>46981568
>mfw /qst/ is dead on arrival and will be shut down, resulting in the three or four serious QMs that started there to migrate to /tg/ and add to the number of quests

This would be too good.
>>
>>46982515

Cybele died? fuck, she wasn't so bad. How did she die.

Never liked Mio.

Whatever happened to Yui?
>>
File: 1440878105036.gif (241KB, 784x643px) Image search: [Google]
1440878105036.gif
241KB, 784x643px
>>46982469
I want that guy to tear my quest into pieces. Absolutely demolish it. Step all over my writing and stomp it into the ground. Call me the hack I really am. Ruthlessly humiliate me while the entirety of /wqdt/ watches.

I can't wait.
>>
>>46982171
Fuck yeah bloodbrew. Been working on putting this to use.

It makes sense that a patrician like yourself would be a questfag. Shine on.
>>
>>46982546

After she teleports out of her demense, Alura destroys the server her soul is on. She survives long enough to see that the real world is horribly fucked up because monsters and crazy Smilers are eating and killing everyone. She asks Joker if he loved her, and he tells her that he cared for her as a friend. She dies in tears.

When Joker is exploring the rubble, he finds that Kazuya was very badly injured trying to protect Yui. Kazuya actually kills a Corrector with a prop sword as an ordinary human.

Yui is super-dead. Her head was smashed to pieces, and her brains were actually leaking out into Kazuya's hands.
>>
>>46982600
>Yui is super-dead. Her head was smashed to pieces, and her brains were actually leaking out into Kazuya's hands.

Fuuuuuuu. Yui was second best girl after hecate.
>>
File: oil.gif (907KB, 594x412px) Image search: [Google]
oil.gif
907KB, 594x412px
>>46982584
Oh yeah, you like it harsh don't you
>>
>>46982584
Don't hold you're breath. Didn't reviewing one number-heavy quest kill him?
>>
>>46981568
>player
>how shit is /qst/?
I've only found one decent thread and it was a civ thread made by a guy who thought they were banned on here
>>
>>46982599
>Been working on putting this to use.
AWESOME, what system you trying out?

in other news if I run a Quest I may run that setting or Lost Sources...still I need mechanics though

>It makes sense that a patrician like yourself would be a questfag. Shine on.
careful talking like that, it'll give me a swollen head and reduce my content quality.
>>
>>46982701
Playing around with Riddle of Steel right now.

I'd follow the fuck out of a bloodbrew quest, by the by. I had no idea you'd written up other stuff.
>>
>>46982775
I didn't make up the idea or some of the base fluff, I took over the project and started doing the editing in and shit so everything is at least a bit consistent.

however Lost Source is not just a setting, it has a tested (mostly) functional system with ENEMY STATS and CHARACTER MODS and stuff.
>>
File: 1452521208792.jpg (69KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452521208792.jpg
69KB, 800x600px
Does Penal Regiment /tg/ count as a quest?
>>
>>46982825
No, it is madness.
>>
>>46982415
First draft of the glossary is done, but it may need more later.

http://pastebin.com/yq407m9b

Let me know what you think, alright?
>>
>>46982775
also, what is Riddle of Steel? and how well does it seem to be fitting?

BloodBrew Quest might be made difficult by the fact that I designed the setting to be run with a minimum of 3 characters

>>46982834
I'd argue that Generals really just need to be left out of the discussion entirely,

>>46982845
and until such time as /qst/ has it's own operating population, not enough people will go and look at quests. once the critical mass has been reached then your argument will be valid, at this time though, it isn't.

time will tell...
>>
>>46981809
With stuff like that, if you add a joke or something to make it obvious you're aware it's sterotypical, people are more forgiving.
>>
>>46982874
and you and people like you are a part of the problem as much as the vocal minority that demanded /qst/ be made in the first place.

>>46982892
which makes us clearly self-hating degenerates pre-disposed to diseases of the mind!

>>46982916
yes

see, I can throw an unsupported thought too!
>>
File: 8.jpg (164KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
164KB, 1224x1632px
>>46982936
Better Not Tell You Now.
>>
>>46982922
>All quests are anime fanfic

Like I know your shitposting, but come on man.
>>
>>46982885
Riddle of Steel is a pretty good dicepool system with very in-depth, lethal combat. It's a better fit, I think, than the other stuff I've played around with, like WoD and WHFRPG.
>>
>questfags complain that no good quality quests are on >>>/qst/
>stay holed up in >>>/tg/
Gee, I wonder why. If all of you fucks moved there, your quality threads would be there. If new people want to circlejerk in Quest threads, their first stop will be the Quest board. You wont magically get more readers by being on /tg/.
>>46982888
>>46982922
My argument against generals here is the same as on any board. If you look at the pre-general days versus post-general days in other boards that have them, you see that there was a lot more intermingling between fanbases, exploration, and more varied taste in shit in general. Above all, the lack of generals promoted a variety of discussions within the systems, series, or games, instead of just one circlejerk. With generals, people are just holed up in a small forumlike community and avoid any outside influences. From there, they circlejerk and keep discussion to what's safe for the general, unlike how discussions can go prior to generals.
>>46982936
I'd venture to guess that the people who support and participate in Quests are much more of a minority compared to people who don't want to participate in them.
>>
>>46982885
Riddle of Steel is dick stabbings.
>>
>>46982965
Dumping all quest threads on /tg/ makes as much sense as dumping them on /d/ would. So you're left with two options: put them on the boards they belong (anime quests for /a/, warhammer quests for /tg/, etc), or make a containment board.

Since rational people don't enjoy quest threads, a containment board is the best possible method.
>>
>>46981882
Don't feel bad, even people who have dedicated followings didn't get nearly the number of people posting they normally do.
>>
>>46982845
>If your quests can't stand on their own merits, then they don't deserve to be on any board.

This. Their only justification for being on this board is that somebody might forget to filter them and accidentally click their threads. It's ridiculous.

I've seen people from /co/ make quests here that they link from their home board. Remember "Winnie Quest?" They didn't need to try and trick people to click their theads. It just goes to show that /tg/ is nothing but a questfag dumping ground.
>>
>>46982845
You're an idiot missing the point.

Quests have been proven by this debacle to have a huge following her, much larger than I thought, and vastly outnumbering any of you shitposters squealing about them. But only so many QMs post every day.

At most, they make up 8% of /tg/'s traffic.

You could have a million questfags, but if there are only thirty or so consistent QMs, there's only going to be so much going on. There's no reason to have a board for at the very most seventeen threads over the weekend days, and five to ten over any other day.
>>
>>46983035
That's because they are all bitching on /tg/ instead of enjoying their new board.
>>
>>46981903
The board is not good at all. The community isn't any more toxic than any new board with new toys to play with.

>>46981917
Except you'll only be bannign QMs and you have literally hundreds of disguntled players on the board.

Do you even understand what the issue you have is? For each quest there is one quest measter and anywhere from 10-40 people posting in it. You ban a quest, you nail the QM. You still have hundreds of other people dispossessed.

I know you have some kind of brain in there, but honest to god, USE IT.
>>
>>46983051
It's probably the same few questfags participating in multiple threads, senpai.
>>
>>46982882
Liking it so far. A few questions about religions: What's Awsbet's official one Restorationism?
Did the kings of Eorten hold themselves as divine too?
>>
File: 1461922751199.png (68KB, 838x162px) Image search: [Google]
1461922751199.png
68KB, 838x162px
>>46982874
Quests do not count as OC because they don't contribute to the board's culture. Quests contribute to Quest culture, which is a segment of /tg/ completely isolated from the rest of it.

>>46982885
>and until such time as /qst/ has it's own operating population, not enough people will go and look at quests
except every time someone tries to move their quest to /qst/ the questfags dogpile them and try to push them back to /tg/. They're not even trying.
>>
>>46983079
>>Quests do not count as OC because they don't contribute to the board's culture
You're the king of what constitutes board culture, right?

Maybe you should accept that quests have been part of /tg/ literally since the foundation of the board.
>>
>>46983051
>muh 8%
>muh only 12 people hate quests

please hang yourself
>>
>>46983020
>I'd venture to guess that the people who support and participate in Quests are much more of a minority compared to people who don't want to participate in them.

When this subject first came up, the thread announcing it had 300+ unique IPs in it, almost unanimously supporting quests here.

You guys getting your panties in a twist over quests are a, tiny minority.

Most people probably don't care, but there's like thirty if you.
>>
>>46983070
If it's impossible to enforce quest bans, why did they work when the mods were moving them to /tg/ in the first place?

You're retarded if you think banning QMs who post on /tg/ wouldn't force a move.
>>
>>46983070
>Except you'll only be bannign QMs and you have literally hundreds of disguntled players on the board.

If they'd actually use the board they are supposed to instead of trying to play martyrs then they wouldn't get banned.
>>
>>46983096
Read that post again.

Many quests have hundreds of followers.

But if there are only so many QMs, only so many quests are going to run at once. QMs don't run every day. Most run weekly or bi-weekly.

The number of questfags doesn't matter here. The number of QMs does. Choke on your dumbass uniformed argument.
>>
>>46982156
48 hours, I'm testing that property now.
>>
>>46983092
>Maybe you should accept that quests have been part of /tg/ literally since the foundation of the board.

Except they haven't been "part" of /tg/. They've been around /tg/ but not contributing to anything but their own incestuous circlejerk
>>
>>46983031
....um what?...

>>46983020
>I'd venture to guess that the people who support and participate in Quests are much more of a minority compared to people who don't want to participate in them.
it's an contestable metric I think...there isn't a way to get a reliable census of either group.
that said I have seen a smaller group force changes on a larger group by being more vocal to authority.
granted that was a collection of pre-teens demanding that "magic the gathering is devil worship and should not be allowed in the cafeteria" but it's at least conceptually similar.

>>46983079
>except every time someone tries to move their quest to /qst/ the questfags dogpile them and try to push them back to /tg/.
having witnessed that in Capes over Rain City quest yesterday I understand the issue, but I suspect it may taper off in time. people are sometimes resistant to changes, if it's still a problem once the board has had some time to run THEN I'll agree that it's a problem...
>>
>>46982882
Can't really say much yet, but if you QM this I can play it.( or at least upvote it in suptg after reading it there)
>>
>>46983131
What's stopping them from going to their own board? Or just having them start up a wordpress blog or quest forum?
>>
>>46983072
This has been proven wrong.

Most questfags follow two or three quests. Many can't name more than five active ones.

The big quests get hundreds of followers because lots of people like them. The smaller quests are more divided in terms of audience.
>>
>>46982584
I have an opening for part time whipping toys.
>>
>>46983170
Aren't you supposed to be dying?
>>
>>46983158
Again.

Not enough QMs to make /qst/ worthwhile. Unless we see an influx of new QMs, that won't change.

As for their own quest forum? Nothing, except the time and effort it would require. But the biggest reason is that most of these people are 4channers - /tg/ers specifically - and to them questing is something done on 4chan, surrounded by 4chan's culture, at 4chan's pace.
>>
>>46981568
>QM
Shit

>Player
Utter dogshit.

>>46981589
Says you and your dozen friends who have been whining every month like clockwork on /qa/ about something that is less than 8% of /tg/ threads in a given week.

Get the fuck out.
>>
For the time being, I've decided to just keep my head down and ride this out to see how it ultimately goes. I was cautiously optimistic about the new board, but with all the aggrandizing, self-congratulatory shitposting from antiquest fags, the meta quests and the QMs I follow going on hiatus because of this new board I'm growing less optimistic by the day and I wasn't that optimistic before.
>>
>>46983154
RoS has a chart on the human body where attacks can be made on called zones. One zone, zone X, is the where the lap is and a hit on the dick is a very effective way on ending a fight fast.
>>
>>46982184
And minecraft is?
>>
>>46983020
There are several QMs who are trying. The players aren't going.

You can ban every QM and the players are still here. Can't wait to see what happens then.
>>
>sir, I've got good news, and bad news.
>well doc, what's the bad news?
>you have cancer.
>well jesus doc, what the heck is the good news?
>it's only 8% of your total weight.
>>
>>46983197
Maybe there will be more QMs with a new board with a need for content, instead of new ones being discouraged by circlejerks on /tg/ surrounding the old ones?
>>
File: 1443895595208.jpg (73KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1443895595208.jpg
73KB, 400x350px
>>46983170
Only honest and valid criticism can get me off!
>>
>>46983020
This is true, however, so is the people who gets overtly upset about them. I'd be willing to bet, since most of the time there's about 10 active quest threads, with maybe a whopping 20 on saturdays, most of the people who don't read quests don't really give a damn about them.
>>
>>46983230

And maybe pigs will fly out of my ass.
>>
>>46983079
Yes, because I didn't have a distinct group of people requesting that I give them a system to run their own games with based on my quest. Oh, wait, that's factually wrong.
>>
>>46983238
You should make a quest about it. I'm sure questfags would love it.
>>
>>46983213
>a hit on the dick is a very effective way on ending a fight fast.
...as in mechanically?...
thats both funny AND accurate...
have you a link to this game? I do not have a copy...

>>46983234
>most of the people who don't read quests don't really give a damn about them.
like most thread types, I've seen it IRL with a friend of mine
>>
>>46983134
Prove that.

No really, prove that questfags only read quests and never participate on /tg/ otherwise.
>>
>>46983227
That is actually a good one. I snorted.

t. Questfag
>>
>>46983079
And minecraft and SS13 do? Give me a fucking break
>>
>>46983225
They'll go to qst
>>
>>46983297
>And minecraft and SS13 do?
Commander Keen rule. "Anything I like is /tg/-related".
>>
>>46983227
>implying quest threads are worse than elf slav/husbando what do, constant 40K roleplaying, "hey guys let's all pretend we're browsing on fantasy /tg/" or HFY drivel

Quests are no more cancerous than anything else. They don't get in your way, it's been proven they don't take up much space, and many of them are original content, which is a lot better than a million Age of Smegmar whinefests.

Frankly, /tg/ would lose some of its best writers if certain QMs stopped posting.
>>
>>46983312
And people like quests...
>>
>>46983178
Everyone is always dying anon, I'm just doing it in larger pieces at a time than others.

Also, I'm seeing if I'm going to be capable of running after three days of less than 4 hours of sleep per day. Insomnia is a bitch saying "fuck you Hypnos."
>>
>>46983312
Except quests, of course :^)
>>
>>46983284
...I participate in quests and also other things here...
>>
>>46983312
And people like quests...
>>
>>46983314
And that writethread is perfectly /tg/-related up until the moment that one of the writefags, heaven for-fucking-bid, asks the thread for input about where to go next
>>
>>46983277
Yup, some guys even ran it a few years ago. That's how I found it. Unfortunately I don't have a copy with me, but a successor game to it called Song of Swords can be found here on /tg/. A thread's running right now so you can ask them.
>>
>>46983217
>it's a questfag sees one thread and decides to use it as justification for his eight years of shitposting episode
>>
>>46983350
I'll ask about that then...
>>
>>46983225
>The players aren't going.

Because the players think that if they don't they can keep shitting in /tg/
>>
>>46983369
And the unabashed "copypasta" thread
And the SS13 thread
And the "Elf shota prince, wut do"
And the Dark Souls thread
And the Warcraft thread/s
>>
>>46983382
it's a safe bet
>>
>>46983230
Consider: how often do you click on other boards beyond the regular ones you visit?

How many times to do click on things like /s4s/ or /diy/ or /trv/ or any one of the less popular quests? Hell, most people didn't even know there was a Video Game Generals board until long, long after it had been created.

There is no way a board called /qst/ is getting real traffic. It's probably at its height now, while mods are linking it in places and it's new.

MAYBE a miracle will a occur and the... hmm... considering /tg/, with around thirty consistent QMs and a whole ton of inconsistent ones is 8% of /tg/'s traffic.. several fucking hundred new QMs necessary to make the board worthwhile will appear. Maybe. But it's not fucking likely, is it?
>>
>>46983369
>I'm just going to dodge answering that question because there's no way I won't make myself look like a huge hypocrite.
>>
>>46982765
Whoever was in charge of this decision did not seem very in touch with the community he was requesting feedback for. It was very clear from their posts that they'd only participated in quests nearly a decade old and hadn't been a part or even lurked in some newer quests to get an idea of the community he was trying to cultivate in this new board. Ultimately, the execution was and is still very amateurish, and it's kind of fractured the community in an unhealthy way. I only hope that if /qst/ sticks around that the board rules change to better support QMs AND their players but at the moment the transition is very rough.
>>
>>46983382
What makes you think they'll go away from /tg/ whether or not there are quests here?

Your logic is seriously flawed.
>>
>>46983375
Thread's here >>>46969065 so you can ask the people hanging out there better.
>>
>>46983077
Excuse brevity; I'm on my phone.

Awsbet doesn't have a state endorsed religion but the majority of its citizens are restorationist. The ancient monarchs and the new alike were deeply flattered by the faith but neither endorsed nor condemned it for the most part.

Working on mechanics now. I'm thinking a time unit per turn system...
>>
>>46983390
Those are still /tg/ related. Quests are not.

What you're doing is the equivalent of posting a general on /v/ and being surprised when people tell you to fuck off
>>
>>46983401
Why would anyone new go to /tg/ in search of ropleplay CYOA threads in the first place?
>>
>>46983405
For about two-dozen consistent and a few dozen other inconsistent QMs that, all together, constitute 8% of the traffic of a board which is not in the /a/,/b/, or /v/-tier when it comes to activity.

It's a doomed venture to kill questing because which exists entirely because dozen faggots on /qa/ whined once a month like clockwork
>>
>>46983453
Because it's the roleplaying board?
>>
>>46983445
>Dark Souls and Warcraft are /tg/ related

The fuck?

Also, quests are 100% /tg/ related. They were created here, and they're essentially the equivalent of any TTRPG without a board.
>>
>>46983445
>They're /tg/ related because I say so!

A compelling argument, considering half those listed threads should technically be on /v/
>>
>>46983314
hmmmmmmm yes I agree we questfags belong here because I don't like /tg/ threads
>>
>>46983134
Nigga, you don't know me from adam, I'm always browsing the board for content other then quests. You have no frame of reference to make that claim from, you're talking out your ass like most of the questfags and antiquestfags here.
>>
>>46983445
Why aren't quests /tg/ related?

Oh wait, you have no evidence and just have salt because something you don't like is on the board and you're too triggered to scroll past it.
>>
>>46983471
To new people who stay in the boards that they regularly visit, it just looks like a traditional game board. Not an online create your own adventure writing circlejerk.
>>
>>46983314
>Frankly, /tg/ would lose some of its best writers if certain QMs stopped posting.

Questfags don't contribute anything to /tg/ that isn't quests. There is literally nothing for us to lose.
>>
>>46983284
I was on /tg/ before I found the only quest I follow, but what are the odds that is the case for anyone else?
>>
>>46983499
>pretending to be an elf is fine so long as the guy doing it doesn't use a tripcode
>>
>>46983453
They don't.

Most questfags are not part of a monolithic cult that lives to quest. Most are people who just browsed /tg/, saw a thread title that looked interesting, and started following that quest.
>>
>>46983496
Fanfiction with votes != a Traditional Game
>>
>>46983445
>A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players
Questers
>ssume the roles of
a
>characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting or through a process of STRUCTURED-DECISIONMAKING or CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
through quests.
>Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.
like quest mechanics.

If you cannot understand this, then you are too stupid to be using a computer.
>>
Folks - don't engage. Report the antiquest shitposters, ignore ' em, and let's get some actual discussion going! The mods and janitors have been cleaning them out; let them reap what they sow.

XS, I owe you a read given the courtesy you've done in reading my quest. What do you run? Would you like formal feedback?
>>
>>46983515
Yes.
>>
>>46983500
see
>>46982203
>>46982171
>>
>>46983500
This lol what does that even mean lose some of our best writers? They don't write anything but quests. Nobody will be losing anything if they go to /qst/ and if they do post in /tg/ threads they can still do so.
>>
>>46983523
Quests are not roleplaying games. The players are not playing a role. The QM is a writer and he writes paragraphs based on input from the readers.
>>
>>46983445
>roleplaying and storytelling aren't /tg/ related
>there's not a sticky at the top page from five years ago explaining how the board's built-in dice function works
>>
>>46983553
>dice are for quests

no
>>
>>46983542
The GM is a storyteller who tells a story based on decisions/successful rolls of the players.
>>
>>46983520
Alright then, I guess Everyone Is John isn't /tg/ :^)
>>
>>46983524
I run Ryukuza Quest, but don't feel obligated to do anything. It's a long running and strange thing, and certainly has a specific demographic of readers. I read your quest because I enjoyed it. You owe nothing to anyone except to continue creating worlds, and that you owe mostly to yourself.

I always read feedback, even if I choose not to listen to it (which I do on occasion also).
>>
Anyone have a twitter list? I´d like to know where and when urban oni and other quests are now run.
>>
>>46983553
Dice are for games not quests. If anything quests belong on /lit/ I don't know why people didn't try going there.
>>
>>46983542
>Quests are not roleplaying games

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>46983542
So, a play-by-post RPG?
>>
>>46983567
Then what are we meant to do with them, if not roll them for things?
>>
>>46983581
Have you BEEN to /lit/?!

If not then just set up a thread and ask them for the answer to that question.
>>
>>46983576
Eh, I can at least give you the standard five thread try. If I bounce out, I'll tell ya why. If not... well, hopefully I'll catch you live.

Feedback in your thread or here?
>>
>>46983541
Honestly, I'm pretty sure a lost of questfags who do supply content outside of quests will likely stop doing so. Not because they'll leave, but because you've fractured this community with your bullshit.

And /qst/ is dead on arrival, for reasons already explained.
>>
>>46983584
They're for /tg/ related things, like rolling for character sheets.
>>
>>46983581
Do that makes quests that use dice games.

Well said, nice proof.
>>
>>46983567
Do things like the GURPS dwarven tavern brawl, but heaven forbid that the players get attached to the dorf and want to continue as the same dorf in situations that aren't tavern brawls.
>>
>>46983594
Yes if you quest users had started long ago they would be rooted in their board like they were in ours before the weeding.
>>
>>46983602
In thread is fine, my players are pretty chill and kind of amusing.
>>
>>46983542
You just described a play-by-post RPG.

Or one of thousands of campaigns likely being played online, right now, without the players using mics.
>>
>>46983620
>they would be rooted in their board like they were in ours before the weeding
I thought you said they weren't part of /tg/ culture ;^)
>>
>>46983620
>ours

You and your giant make-believe thread that never actually shows up to prove that he exists
>>
>>46983602
You may want this. Give it a lookover before you start in. I'm giving myself another half hour before I call it impossible for the day.

which I fucking hate.
>>
File: NO-ONE.jpg (130KB, 1417x591px) Image search: [Google]
NO-ONE.jpg
130KB, 1417x591px
>>46983603
>a lost of questfags who do supply content outside of quests
>>
File: Joker Quest in one speech.png (52KB, 1877x249px) Image search: [Google]
Joker Quest in one speech.png
52KB, 1877x249px
>>46982546
>>
>>46983602
The link might help too.
http://pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N
>>
>>46983581
Oh god that's a hilarious idea. Get myself raring and ready to get BTFO when they point out all the terrible grammar and boring use of writing techniques. It sounds like a fun idea, a oneshot on /lit/ that'd exist just to be destroyed.
>>
>>46983644
Someone has already been demonstrated to be a content writer in this very thread.

Keep up faggot.
>>
>>46983542
And who gave you the right to decide if it counts as a roleplaying game?

You self entitled cunt
>>
>>46983643
I suspect that you forgot your link.
>>
>>46983658
There already is a /lit/ quest: Dungeons & Dadaragons
>>
>>46983672
I must admit having some difficulty finding it.
>>
>>46982600

Shit like this is why I keep coming back to Joker Quest. A lot of Quests find a kind of status quo. Like Banished, which is all about gathering spells you will never ever use, or Eclipsed Moon which is a clusterfuck of its own.

It's probably the most shallow reason to like it, but it's fun to see a QM wreck the set.
>>
I'm sorry questers a while back I argued against quests because they were a pain to me personally but now that /qst/ has been made I'm afraid plenty of people who were just having fun have been negatively impacted more so than I ever was by hiding all the quests. I even played in some civ builder threads back when those were popular. In short I'm sorry and I hope /qst/ either takes off or dies quickly so you can come back.
>>
>>46983668
you would be correct.

>>46983656

Damn it. I so wanted to write Kiku-chan well today. The petting would have been adorable. I suspect it;'s a lost cause.

That just means I have to do even better next week.

Blasphemy: Maybe things will have gelled and we'll have more certainty in our lives by then.
>>
>>46983695
>>>/qst/1193
>>
>>46983709
Stop being human, tyou're wrecking my view of anti-questfags!

's cool, thanks.
>>
>>46983656
Eeeenteresting. I was gonna start this on my phone but I suspect I'll want a PC. Thanks for the link; I presume the Pastebin is in chronological order?
>>
>>46983709
You seem like a cool dude.

It's not like any of this should be taken personally or anything. A lot of QMs intend to either wait or continue as usual until moderation sorts their shit out, so hopefully no harm done in the long run.
>>
>>46983725
Thank you!
>>
>>46983602
There is also Tager Quest aka Pax Mortis, and two really short one shots she did, A Matter of Taste (aka Cnnibal Loli Quest) and A Tale of X (aka Submissive wants a Master/Mistress) quest.

She hasn't finished Tager Quest yet.
>>
>>46983731
It is, though I have been told I'm missing a thread involving Shoko's viewpoint.
>>
Have any of the /tg/ mainstays migrated to /qst/ yet? I'm kind of afraid to start running there until the shitposting dies down a little.
>>
>>46983791
No. They're either taking a hiatus until the shitposting dies down or staying on /tg/.
>>
Given the failure of Harry Potter and the Deadly Dungeons, I think I'll try something different.

I plan to keep the old-school D&D rules and zero-to-hero format.

Anything else people would like to see in that sort of quest?
>>
>>46983791
It's been tried... XS? Care to elaborate?
>>
>>46983791

Run on /tg/ instead.
>>
>>46983791
They're still running here.

Nobody wants to archive their threads from /qst/ as it looks like it's going to implode within a week.
>>
>>46983791
I am running a test there, and we have two or three other up and comers, and a few old hands secretly trying their hand at things and seeing how bad the board is.

Rather, I ran a test there, not realizing I'd been up for almost two days straight. It's on pause for the weekened and because I'm testing the 48 hour autosage, and will continue on Monday when I have a day off and am thinking "more clearly."
>>
>>46981568
The problem it that quests on /tg/ are generally ok because the people who make them are a part of the community that likes them. Most of the shit quests on /qst/ could have been posted here, but they would have been pruned pretty quickly.
>>
>>46983814

I figured that'd be forbidden once /qst/ opened. Is it not? Even so, I may try running a few one-shots there just to try it out. The thousand-post bump limit seems like you could run a slower-paced thread pretty comfortably if you dodge the baneposting.[
>>
>>46983807
And yeah, I'm not running on /qst/ until I'm forced too. And frankly, I might move somewhere else because of the inherent structural issues that make /qst/ the death of 4chan questing. I predict with high certainty that /qst/ will be dead by August if it stays live.
>>
>>46983832
>the people who make them are a part of the community that likes them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
>>
>>46983791
There's tale, I guess
>>
>>46983840
You can still run on /tg/ fine.
>>
>>46983814
Don't you fucking goddamn dare
>>
>>46983853
Akun is the best bet. If enough people went we could drown out the smut.
>>
>>46983854
You and your giant imaginary friend that never shows up on /qa/ or in any polling.
>>
>>46983840

Nope, it's perfectly fine to continue running Quests on /tg/. This is a trial by the mods. They're even deleting shitposters on Quests, so you don't have to worry about that either.

Run on /tg/. Your audience will thank you for it.
>>
>>46983854
Thirty angry guys being mad for the sake of it don't really count as a significant portion of the community.
>>
>>46983813
>>46983791
My main issues are the 75 second cooldown time, the fact that the only way to refresh that is proven is f5 (auto and manual refreshes don't necessarily work consistently), the players tend not to show up (I only had 2-6 of my 12+ group, though that could have been a lack of interest in the quest itself, but they're usually more vocal about such things), the paint system lags, and the linking of the OP tools to a single IP means people who change machines cannot utilize them half the time (this applies to QMs with lives or who post from multiple machines). There has been a kill script popup that has been showing up regularly as well.
>>
>>46983791
according to twitter, Hellborne has, or will, and according to the thread I read last night so will Homless Mutant Quest...
>>
Question. To open a game, how viable would it be to make something like 100 villagers with nothing more than a paragraph of background/motivation?

"Guard, who wants to be the leader someday. No real combat experience aside from training spars."

Randomly give these out to the players, and then kill them as BBEG destroys their village? (Whomever survives, actually becomes the characters?)

I expect to have around 20 Villagers survive, after being rescued by heroic sacrifice from NPC, who dies IMMEDIATELY afterwards.

Would this be a dick move? Would you actually be willing to play a character this way?
>>
>>46983884

Honestly, this seems like a shitstorm waiting to happen no matter where we go.
>>
>>46983890
Corollary - the 3000 word limit is GREAT.
>>
>>46983912

Then pick a side.
>>
>>46983904
Assuming you'll get 100 players is already a huge assumption, not to mention the shitstorm you'd have by killing 80% of their characters off.
>>
>>46983875
Why?

Go ahead and shitpost his quest. You'll get pruned out of the thread soon enough.

The mods seem to understand that not only is /qst/ just an experiment, it's a very poor one.
>>
>>46983921
:D Nah, only 8-10 players, total.
>>
>>46983917
I kind of want it to be 4000 or 6000. Not 5000 because that's in the middle and not an even number, but 4000 would be really comfy I feel.
>>
>>46983904
it'd be hard to run till you got the population down.

reminds me of a similar thing purportedly done by a dark Heresy GM...
>>
>>46983904
That is seriously ambitious, anon. You also wouldn't have nearly that many players.

But it sounds like you literally want to run a play by post game. And if you can manage it, go for it.
>>
>>46983902
Crusty stated on twitter that, since mods aren't deleting threads on here, HMQ will be staying.
>>
>>46983931
5000 is in fact an even number.
>>
File: SymbolElder Sign.jpg (4KB, 251x208px) Image search: [Google]
SymbolElder Sign.jpg
4KB, 251x208px
>>46983931
5000 is an even number. 2500+2500. Also, five is lucky.
>>
>>46983875
I'm spooked, what are you planning to do you madman?
>>
>>46983949

JQOP's also said that he's staying.
>>
>>46983890
>75 second cooldown time
The fuck? Why would it be higher on /qst/ than on /tg/?
>>
>>46983936
That's honestly the inspiration for it, as well as trying to get my group to stop power min/maxing, encourage roleplaying, and hopefully stop murder hoboing.
>>
>>46983904
>>46983921
DESU, killing off lots of character very early in a backstory sense is fine. No one is entirely attached to the established characters yet at that point.

Unless it's an animal or a pet, in which case the QM is a bastard who has willfully spawned an adventure for the MC to focus their entire life on finding or creating resurrection magic to restore their dearly departed. This has happened in quests at least twice that I can recall.

Specific connections though you may want to worry about, as in how they would genuinely impact the MC. It ain't easy to lose life long friends and if the character themselves gets over it quickly its usually pretty weird.
>>
>>46983980
I assume it's so that people take more time before posting, but really it's just obnoxious.
>>
>>46983954
>>46983964
I have no fucking idea why I thought it wasn't an even number. Shit, this fucking sucks. What the hell am I supposed to do with my life now. I can't even understand basic math.
>>
>>46983980
To discourage shitposting maybe? Nobody knows.
>>
>>46983706
Wreck the setting you say? Once I wrap up like two or three more pending beats I'll be ready to do just that.
>>
>>46984022
You're still doing better than antiquest fags., who can't even into numbers.

Did you know that quests consume fully 50% of /tg/ all the time? and that there are 50-60 on the board at any given time?
>>
>>46984209
Oh fuck! We need to get rid off them!!!

Better to make angry post in Cambodian pictograph email group
>>
>>46984209
Reading the feedback thread has been an education in real life persecution complexes. And I'm not referring to the people on the quest side of things.
>>
>>46984327
Yeah plenty of these people are taking this too seriously. I say this as someone who was posting some anti-quest stuff earlier in the thread. When I'm not on /tg/ I'm on /pol/ so I make confrontations out of nothing. I'm sorry
>>
I tried to reach out to one of them and explain that the hatred of each other binds us all together on 4chan, but they don't get it.
>>
>>46983382
Probably because most Questfags were either originally /tg/fags anyway or became ones after getting drawn to the board by quests and then exploring the other threads.
Players won't leave because they browse /tg/ either way and adding another board to constantly browse is a pain in the ass.
>>
File: the-one-ring.jpg (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-one-ring.jpg
375KB, 1920x1080px
>>46984594
One site to rule them all,
One site to find them,
One site to bring them all,
And in the shitfest bind them.
>>
>>46984607
Exactly this. I got into questing by lurking /tg/ like I normally do and seeing something interesting.

If questing was quarantined off back then as it's trying to be right now, I wouldn't have gotten into the hobby and that contributes to the stagnation of questing if it's by itself.
>>
>>46984710
We could always uncuck SB :^)
>>
File: 1390510868053.jpg (51KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
1390510868053.jpg
51KB, 359x305px
>>46984726
How does one 'uncuck' something?

I thought that once something was cucked it is for forever.

Teach me your ways sensei.
>>
>>46984743
Displace the cucks
>>
>>46984761
>thinking you can kick the fanfictionfags off SB
>the largest fanfiction forum
lol
>>
>>46984775
Oh fuck, is it now?
>>
>>46984810
Well I can't think of any other forums that size. There's sites for hosting fanfiction that're bigger, but no forums that I know of.
>>
>>46983020
You might like inserting 40Kshit into everything but the rest of us don't appreciate it asswipe.
>>
You know, I just realized who /qst/ is perfect for.

Kyon-kun

I mean, his big problem on 4chan was that no one cared quickly enough to keep his quest bumped, and his problem on SV was that he was cut off from the /pol/fags who compose his primary audience.
>>
>>46985236
Literally who

>thread is suddenly at fewer than 300 posts
>>
>>46985865
lotta shitposting getting the axe I reckon.

what is the posting cooldown over on qst?

I hear 75 seconds
I hear 90 seconds
I hear 120 seconds
>>
>>46985899
Huh, is it variable?
>>
>>46981568
So far I can only say the thread-specific IDs are good, as they prevent samefagging in votes.
>>
>>46985865
Janitors are really doing work these past couple of days.

I will say that in spite of this whole debacle I appreciate their work a lot.
>>
>>46985925
Maybe this entire thing is just a stress-test for the /tg/ staff.
>>
>>46985934
Just an elaborate stress test?

If only.
>>
>>46985934
Hahaha. That would be fucking brutal as all she'll and funny as fuck if that was true.
>>
File: Shrine.jpg (206KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Shrine.jpg
206KB, 1280x800px
Sleeping Gods Quest should be running on Sunday, unless quests are being deleted from /tg/ by then. I plan to remain on /tg/ as long as possible, in fact.
>>
>>46985985
See you then Moloch. Hopefully.
>>
>>46985899
Just posted twice. Cooldown is 90 seconds.
>>
>>46981833
so make better ones?
>>
>>46986103
Yeah, you're right. I swear the other day it was 120 seconds.
>>
>>46986103
>Cooldown is 90 seconds.

I was almost on board with /qst/ until I heard this. I'm a fast writer; I don't need to wait an extra 30 seconds before each update.
>>
>>46986121
The ability to stop sucking at a moments notice rests solely within the realms of gods and whores.

You demand overmuch.
>>
File: 1425855740233.png (13KB, 375x331px) Image search: [Google]
1425855740233.png
13KB, 375x331px
Mortal Kombat Thief Quest #19 is live!

>>46986152
>>
Goddamit is crusader quest dead?
>>
The only good thing to come out /qst/ is the chance that /th/ might get user Id's to cut down if not out right eliminate samefagging
>>
>>46986388
Nah it shouldn't. One of our biggest arguments against /qst/ is that Quests take up less than 10% of /tg/ at any given time.

Imposing IDs on all of /tg/ for that less than 10% would be a terrible idea.

Gotta co-exist
>>
>>46986418
But anon, 8% of /tg/ is almost 50% of /tg/

That's practically 100% of /tg/
>>
>>46986388
>ids
neo-4chan pls go and stay go
>>
>>46986388
>samefagging
>bad
>>
>>46986388
4chan can't be samefagged proofed sadly
>>
>>46986418
Okay so what's the harm of Id'ing posters on /tg/ then? It does nothing but filter out samefagging votes

>inb4 muh privacy
>implying you can truly be anonymous on the Internet
>>
>>46986511
Not completely, but you can make it very hard with IDs enabled. Since the most common method is to cycle IPs on a phone, a QM can actually make Final Destination stuff work by forcing players to vote again and not allowing new votes.
>>
File: 1453426768576.jpg (147KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453426768576.jpg
147KB, 960x720px
>>46985985
I'll follow you, even if it's to /qst/
Buckle your fucking pants because this ride is gonna be bumpy.
>>
>>46986566
Kinda obnoxious since my IP changes completely at random without my consent.
>>
I just realized that Mummy the Curse and Yu-Gi-Oh! (the manga/anime, not the game) have a lot in common.
>ancient not-Egyptian spirits messing around with mortals
>they remember their past grudges and lives
>each one of the ancient not-Egyptian spirits has a relic that they're desperate to keep around
>they have entire cults devoted to the relics and the ancient spirits
>the old gods are real, and they're insane inhuman monsters

Now I want to run a Mummy / YGO quest. Somebody stop me.
>>
What mechanics are your favourite for a quest, with regards to character stats?

I know I want Resistance Quest to run on a system of allocating time units per turn, to do things, but the actual die rolls are plaguing me.

Just a D20+bonus vs. DC? I'm not sure; it doesn't seem to leave much room for nuance.
Roll-and-keep? That tends to inflate pretty spectacularly.
Roll successes? Yeah, I'd prefer to keep buckets of virtual dice out of things, if at all possible.

I really need something that can be kept relatively simple, but still allow for nuance. Have mechanics ever been a problem for any of you other QMs? They always seem to be the weakest part of my quests.
>>
>>46986710
Has there every been a good way to the card game mechanics wise in a quest?

is it like puzzle? do you roll for your card? etc
>>
>>46986722
Roll an amount of d6. You need a certain amount of "5" or "6" to succeed.

The better you are at the task, the more dice you get.

The more "5" or "6" you roll above the number required, the more spectacularly you succeed. Likewise, you fail that much harder with no "5"-"6" than wit (target-1)
>>
>>46986739
Nah, nigga. We talking Season 0 here.
>>
>>46986722
I've had the mechanics of Banished Quest suggested to me (I'm experimenting with die rolls in my own quest); an anon that's actually read it might be able to tell you more.
>>
>>46986722
d100
d100 roll under
dice pools like Marvel Heroic or ORE
>>
>>46986778
Yeah, I'm familiar with that method. I've played enough Shadowrun though to know that you need a metric fuckload of dice to guarantee anything though.

>>46986799
D100-under-stat is an approach I am well and truly SICK of after my latest tabletop Dark Heresy game, sad to say, but thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>>46986821
Nah, as long as you keep the tresholds in check, you don't really need a bucket of dice.

Shadowrun goes overboard due to opposed tests and damage/armor rules.
>>
>>46986739
Don´t know if it has been done before, but a deck has 40 cards in yugioh, right?

On the first turn, the players would roll as many dice as they should get cards in their hand. Then, whenever cards are being drawn on later turn or through effects etc... the player would run a dice and get the card assigned to that number. If the player already has the card somewhere in play, they would reroll.

Adjust for magic, pokemon, force of will and other card games as necesarry.

Asuming, I didn´t misunderstand your post, would this be a good mechanic?
>>
>>46986862
*roll a dice. Damn autocorrect.
>>
>>46983879
>drown out the smut
There is no need, it is already in the minority there.
>>
>>46986967
It needs to be a smaller minority.
>>
>>46986977
Why? And how much smaller?
>>
>>46986977
What's wrong with smut?
>>
>>46987004
Honestly? Sometimes quests without the smut tag gets a smutfags in it, or that argument that I've seen made where they say the smut tag means it's a smut quest, even if it's only there because of one or two scenes in an otherwise plot-heavy quest, and the smut was only after a large amount of romantic buildup.

I realize they're a minority even amongst those that frequent smut quests, but hatred burns eternal.

>>46987002
7.7%
>>
I shoved in a few JoJo SFXs into my quest I just wrapped up
Not sure if anyone even noticed them

To be fair though, SFXs are hard to pick up on
Man I am a fucking weeb
>>
>>46986821
I personally like the system used in Shinigami Savant Quest. Roll 3d10 and at least 2 numbers must be over DC. Crits if all 3 numbers are over DC. Number of rolls is usually 3.
>>
>>46986121
That's the big thing... its sort of opened the floodgates to everybody, not just shitposters from /tg/ who hate quests, or questers from /tg/ that hate /qst/.

You can make better ones... but it'll be drowned out... /tg/ at least ensured that if shit showed up it would slide off.
>>
How does this sound:

A dungeon crawling game with a "gestalt" character? Thinking stats of 2x14s arranged as desired to qualify for two classes, and then 3d6 in order for remainder. This would, of course, be in my S&W-based system

The point of the quest is to go from zero to hero in a fantastic and dangerous land.
>>
File: file.png (250KB, 695x817px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
250KB, 695x817px
>>46987428
Oh shit... I turned on a trip .

I guess that gives it away that I was wanting to start a quest somewhere. But couldn't decide where.

/tg/ with an established comfortzone and archival system for quests. But with likely shitposting from quest haters?

or /qst/ which is a brand new palce for quests where my own shittiness/newness at running stuff might be more easily forgiven (for forgotten). But full of shitposting in its own right.
>>
>>46987500
/tg/ hands down.
>>
Promises of Power is a very good quest.
>>
>>46987734
I agree but stop it with the shilling.
>>
>>46987751
I simply expressed my opinion after rereading bit and pieces of the latest update.
Also, since when has shilling something good become a bad thing?
>>
72h autosage and 60 second post timer

T. Mod in feedback
>>
I'll be running on Labour Day around 10, on /tg/ if possible.
>>
>>46987808

Okay, so, does that mean that a quest without any posts in it autosages after 72 hours, or does the thread itself autosage no matter what after 72 hours?
>>
>>46987896
the latter I think
>>
>>46987896
The former if I had to guess.
>>
>>46987896
Automatic autosage after 72 hours
>>
>>46987896
It's the latter.
>>
>>46987891
awwwww yeah! Glad to see you are not dead mate.
>>
Any QMs willing to share old quest notes, so we noobs can learn from example on how to compose and prepare groundwork for a quest properly?
>>
>>46988522
Honestly the pastebins up there already give you a good headstart. Everything else is just down to your writing.
>>
>>46988522
That depends entirely on what kind of quest you intend to run, and what kind of QM you are. What specifically are you having issues with?
>>
>>46988620
I don't think it's plausible to be so specific, since the willingness of QMs to share old notes is the limiting factor. I'll take whatever is available/willing to post.

That and I want a broad look across genres as well, to see how it goes regardless.
>>
>>46988652
How could that possibly be helpful for you?

You need to learn to make your own notes based around your goals and story points you expect to be able to drop.

It's like making notes for a debate, or a teaching plan for a lesson. You lay out how you think things will go and have a contingency plan just in case. And you don't go too far into detail, because nothing you want will actually happen.
>>
File: Decisions-Decisions.gif (45KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Decisions-Decisions.gif
45KB, 800x600px
>>46987733
Well then that settles it. I'll post my thing here.

Its a one shot anyways.

I'm guessing it'll be no harm.
>>
File: inspiration.gif (994KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
inspiration.gif
994KB, 500x375px
>>46988652
Well, I started with the first post, which offered a limited understanding of the current situation while raising questions about how said situation was brought about, and then offered a few simple options as the first vote that would decide where the players would start. Once I had that prepared, I built the rest of the setting around that situation. I set up a number of factions, characters, and organizations that would potentially either directly or indirectly interact with the players in the first few threads, and the planned out those characters' and factions' motivations and intentions so that they could behave in a consistent and logical pattern even outside of their interactions with the players.

Then I scrounged google and deviantart for pictures, absolutely anything and everything, and started sorting them into folders. I have a folder for every faction and race, as well as a folder for backgrounds, locations, natural and unspoiled wilderness, as well as monsters, animals, and plant life of various kinds, and one for characters.

Then I made a spreadsheet, and use it to keep track of absolutely everything that requires a number, be it the international economy, food and water consumption of cities and regions, the productivity of local farming, whatever. It only includes the things that the players have seen, so it started off small and has grown exponentially.

I didn't make a twitter until after the thread was over and everyone told me to make a twitter, but I would recommend you do that before you start so you're not in a mad dash to get your twitter linked at the end of the thread before it drops off the board. It technically isn't needed, but it may as well be, since it's the prime method players use to follow and keep up to date on quests they like.
>>
>>46981568
>How shit is /qst/?
I've seen the catalog and pity the few QMs that have tried to run there.
>>
>>46988652
>Who is the MC, what's the background to how we got to where the story begins
>How do I describe the MC in a way that's both informative and interesting
>What's the world around the MC like? Which details about the world do I want to work in at what point? How much info do I want to dump immediately versus letting the players explore a little?
>What's the OVERALL plot going to look like? Is there an endgame to progress towards?
>What sort of tone am I aiming for, and how do I set that tone within the first handful of updates?
>Revise/tweak the previous details to better reflect the tone I want.
>Wait for a few days for my "stroke of genius" delusions to wear off, re-evaluate notes.
>If the notes don't look like utter failure and shame, run the first thread and see where /tg/ takes me.
>>
I wouldn't mind /qst/ if they gave us some leniency with it.

Why have a board dedicated to quests when I can't fucking talk about quests there? I can't make a PGQ discussion thread, I can't make a thread asking how to be a better QM. I can just make quest threads under their rules.

This is like making a board dedicated to a genre of anime, but banning anime discussion.
>>
>>>/qst/
>>>/trash/
>>
File: Got em.jpg (72KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
Got em.jpg
72KB, 960x600px
>>46989224
>>
Okay I've been thinking of some one-shots to liven things up and maybe improve my mood regarding current situations. Hear me out.

>It's a Digimon quest
>But you can only see them through AR (Augmented Reality) glasses.

So instead of traveling to the digital world, the digital world was here all along. But people only started noticing it and being affected by it after the invention of AR.
>>
>>46989522
sounds gay
>>
>>46988522
I plan to put all my old quest notes on my pastebin when my quest concludes. I'm going to release the document itself, even.

Problem is, my quests aren't well-organized. It's just a text file with character names and descriptions. Which chapter they appeared and how to find them again.
>>
>>46989532
Explain how.
>>
>>46989563
Digimon!
>>
>>46989572
It's fun
Or it can be.
>>
>>46989522
Just run it if you want to run it.
>>
>>46989617
That's not what I was asking. Does this seem like a premise you would be interested in? If not, what are your thoughts on it?
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.