[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 43

File: Goddess_Almalexia[1].jpg (25KB, 332x601px) Image search: [Google]
Goddess_Almalexia[1].jpg
25KB, 332x601px
Crazy Whore Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except Vehk and Vehk
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

To keep this from becoming /tesg/ minus waifus, don't post memes unless you are also posting quality discussion. Especially if it's not even Elder Scrolls related.

Previous Kalpa: >>46567514
>>
>>46591538
>/tesg/ minus waifus
>OP is a waifu
>>
File: awaken my masters.png (7KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
awaken my masters.png
7KB, 300x400px
>>46591642
Snake-Faced Whore is a shitty one too, ask Nerevar.
>>
What's the name of that bitch in Oblivion who tortures Argonian? I want to make an Argonian character and murder her.
>>
File: 44027-0-1452380599.jpg (65KB, 458x887px) Image search: [Google]
44027-0-1452380599.jpg
65KB, 458x887px
Meanwhile in Lyg.
>>
So I heard that all of Tiber's accomplishments in Skyrim were actually the work of Ysmir Wulfharth, and that all of Tiber's magery stuff is actually the work of Zurin Arctus. How do we know this?
>>
>>46592353
This is literally heresy.
>>
>>46592460
It's what I heard
>>
>>46592586
Read the arcturian heresy.
>>
>>46592586
I meant literally literally.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Arcturian_Heresy

This is actually true, but only in the pre-Warp timeline.
>>
>>46592635
>>46592661
this book states that tiber's deeds were all zurin and ysmir's deeds? i dont remember reading that line
can someone point it out to my dumb ass
>>
>>46592759
Not all of them, but most know ones, like being able to use Thu'um. Hjalti was sneaky as fuck and played everyone - Versidue-Shaie, Cuhlecain, Zurin, Ysmir, Vivec.
>>
>>46592865
Tiber couldn't use the Thu'um? Whaaat? I thought he was dragonborn? Or....is that actually Ysmir?
>>
>>46592028
Game set on Lyg would be quite awesome
>>
What the hell is the Tribunal? Basically Nerevar's followers that became false gods somehow, right?
>>
>>46592865
>>46592759
He is one of the very few beings that managed to play Vivec.
>>
File: vaUCnRS.jpg (84KB, 307x308px) Image search: [Google]
vaUCnRS.jpg
84KB, 307x308px
>>46593000
>Tiber couldn't use the Thu'um? Whaaat? I thought he was dragonborn?
I don't remember Alessia or Uriel using Voice ever.
>>
>>46593148
I know they didnt. because they are of dragon's blood, not dragonborn. Theres a difference and I know it
>>
>>46593125
>...shapeshifter demon Almsivi. Once mortal, this hermaphroditous monster takes the form of three persons, each a caricature of one of the higher Daedra. The Almsivi first emerged as an dreamborn doppelganger of Sul-Alandro, the shieldbearer to the ancient hortator Nerevar...
>>
>>46593125
Almalexia = his wife
Sotha Sil = his teacher
Vivec = his advisor
Voryn Dagoth = his friend
They became gods. Sort of. Not in the traditional sense. They are living gods
>>
>>46593194
This is same fucking thing.
>>
>>46593280
Dragonblooded are descendants of dragon born
>>
>>46592028
If Lyg is like reverse Tamriel wouldn't Almalexia actually be nicest of Tribunals (thus likely not look so dark, but I guess since normal Almalexia isn't dark, then Lyglexia would be dark, but still nice), Sotha Sil would be extroverted and Vivec would be the bitch of Tribunal.
>>
>>46593280
Alessia = dragonblood. couldnt use shouts without training. blessed by akatosh. could light the dragonfires. Cannot absorb dragon souls
Miraak = dragonborn. has the soul of a dragon. can learn and use shouts with ease. can absorb souls
>>
>>46593000
Wasn't Dragonborn of Skyrim a special case with special powers? Always seemed like so to me.
>>
>>46593402
No, he just uses a shortcut.
Either you spend years in training, or you absorb dragon souls.
>>
>>46593000
Hjalti was a Shezarrine, not a Dragonborn. Cuhlecain was a descendant of Dragon-blooded Emperors and a true heir to the throne, but Hjalti killed him and stole his place.
>>
>>46593472
>Cuhlecain was a descendant of Dragon-blooded Emperors
source?
>>
>>46593420
More specifically, everyone can learn to use the Voice, as shown by Ulfric knowing Fus, but the Dragonborn can learn shouts naturally, like dragons do.

Speaking of which, I wished the dragons in Skyrim used more variety in their shouts. For the most part, they just use fire and ice. Imagine if small, trickst dragons used the throw voice shout to set traps and even turned ethereal, and if other dragons summoned storms, drained health, and bent the will of nearby npcs?
>>
>>46593536
I wish the dragons were more impressive.

And smarter.
>>
File: 1457191630403.png (330KB, 485x442px) Image search: [Google]
1457191630403.png
330KB, 485x442px
>>
File: 1457225194644.png (260KB, 352x315px) Image search: [Google]
1457225194644.png
260KB, 352x315px
>>46593000
Tiber's a filthy fucking manmer, what would you expect?
>>
>>46593536
Then the game would have been more than half finished.
If that was what they did my only major complaint would be the civil war being so shit.
>>
File: 48zDk6P.jpg (837KB, 1429x1511px) Image search: [Google]
48zDk6P.jpg
837KB, 1429x1511px
>>46593402
A special case in that he's the /Last/ Dragonborn thanks to self-propagating prophecy
>>
>>46593536
because the dovahkiin is the first Dragonblood in a LONG time that has access to Dragons(ouls)
>>
>>46593497
Some OOG text, I'm having trouble finding it now.
>>
>>46591677
It's the countess of the really shitty town with the river through the middle and the statue of the night mother.

I think she's essential.
>>
>>46593301
>>46593331
>Those blessed by Akatosh with "the dragon blood" became known more simply as Dragonborn
>we forget that in the early days being Dragonborn meant having "the dragon blood"
>Very few realize that being Dragonborn is not a simple matter of heredity
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Book_of_the_Dragonborn
Dragonblooded and Dragonborn are completely synonymous terms, and the Dragonblood is never inherited, it is a gifted through Akatosh.
This is basic ass lore
>>
>>46593905
>I think she's essential.
FUCK
>>
File: alessia_.jpg (161KB, 1024x1506px) Image search: [Google]
alessia_.jpg
161KB, 1024x1506px
>>46593910
Although I remember reading that Alessia was a special case. She couldn't devour dragon souls, instead her "power" was to come up the idea of liberty, or something.
>>
>>46593497
>>46593865
>Even ignoring the ties between Cuhlecain and the Reman dynasty and the questions surrounding his assassination
http://lagbt.wiwiland.net/wikibiblio/index.php/TES:Reman_I
>>
>>46593972
Whoa, didn't catch this. I was talking about some other text, but can't for my life remember which one.
>>
>>46593959
>Alessia didn't have the power to absorb dragon souls. Hers was a much more nuanced power: to dream of liberty and give it a name and on her deathbed make Covenant with the Aka-Tusk
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1421186-hold-on-saint-alissia-was-the-first-dragonborn-what-you-talkin-bout-beth/page-2?p=21748685#entry21748685
Basically Alessia's "Dragonblood" is just the creation of the Covenant which occured while she died.
>>46594021
Beyond that source it is cross referentially implied through the Book of the Dragonborn and the Remanada that Cuhlecain was speculated to have been Dragonborn.
>although little is known of their activities during the Interregnum between Reman's Empire and the rise of Tiber Septim, many believe that the Blades continued to search out and guard those they believed were (or might be) Dragonborn during this time
>it was whispered that they were descended from the bodyguard of old Reman. One of their number, called the Chevalier Renald, discovered the prowess of Cuhlecain and then supported him towards the throne
>>
>>46593000
Do not, I repeat do not listen to anyone who has replied to you so far, they are retarded and do not know shit about lore.

Both Hjalti and Wulfharth could shout.
>>
>>46593000
He could.

>>46593972
MK and KK's back and forth discussions on the forums tend to be pretty fun. The more sceptic and grounded Professor Hasphat Antabolis and the dark horse that is The Temple Zero Society.

Funnily enough, MK's in-character name is likely a reference to the Cult of Emperor Zero, which is based around Cuhlecain, and is named after Kuhlmann.
>>
>>46594492
While I'll agree that most of those responders don't know their shit, it is definitely implied that Hjalti was not capable of shouting.
>>
>>46594492
i dont know who to believe anymore
>>
>>46594577
In TESLore, Trust is a Weakness and Knowledge is False
>>
This is very simple you niggnogs.
Alessia was literally a consort of the fucking Aka.
Her descendants were "marked" as a convenient good lineage of people that would be good at serving Aka and his aspects because...well he shagged Alessia so he thought all of them would be good.
Blood giving you any Dragonbloodedness is a contrived myth, it makes a lot more sense that Aka would just conveniently make every single descendant of Alessia who wanted to ascend onto the throne and light the Dragonfires a Dragonborn.

Alessian descendants are a convenience so that people wouldn't have to go and search for fucking Dragonblooded people when Dragonfires would have to be lit.

Now obviously all of them were Dragonblooded so technically it was still hereditary, but not because of Genetics, just because Akatosh liked that vag and he would bless anyone in said family.
>>
>>46594610
Wrong, Alessia was Sutherland's daughter, Trang'Oul's wife.
>>
>>46594553
>The more sceptic and grounded Professor Hasphat Antabolis
Hasphat is honestly one of the most important characters in the lore, his constant doubt and criticism of other people's works make TES lore feel a lot more real.
I seem to recall a thread where he argues that the Tribunal probably aren't even real and it actually makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>46594568
Hjalti has demonstrated Thu'um both ingame lore and OOG.
Greybeards have called to him as a Dragonborn.
He has used Thu'um to shout down walls of Old Hroldan and people in Skyrim speak of him as a person who knew Thu'um
>Arctruian Heresy: He shouted down the walls of Old Hrol'dan, and his men poured in. After their victory, the Nords called Hjalti Talos, or Stormcrown.
The best people have come up is with
>W-Well Hjalti did not shout down the walls, it was ash Wulfharth lich flying above him
And I am more inclined to believe fucking The Underking, Ysmir Kingmaker himself on the account of who shouted down the walls
And again there is a huge point about how he could not use Thu'um anymore after his throat was cut when Cuhlecain was slain...now if this was done by himself as sneaky cuckery or by an actual assassin is a whole different question.
>>
>>46594694
wat
>>
>>46594568
>>46594768
Hjalti was a Dragonborn.
It's hammered in your head all throughout Skyrim, it's stated before Skyrim when concept of Dragonborn was not well developed yet and he has used Thu'um. Thu'um and Dragons connection was done in Skyrim in the first place same goes for most of Dragonborn lore so Skyrim in this case is the final say on his Dragonbornhood.
>>
>>46594768
>his throat was cut
Was this in the Arcturian Heresy?
>>
>>46594815
That's simple. Diablo made the Daedras, the four gods of chaos, Khorne, Sheogorath, Cain and Yuri.
But Trang'Oul arrived and created Mundu, but then Captain Kirk arrived and fucked shit up, so Alessia is born from an egg she made herself.
>>
>>46594730
It's a really great take on the lore by Kuhlmann, and as you say, it really lends more depth to the world. It's frankly something you rarely see in fan theories, where everything is usually made to be more fantastical than it probably is. He knows what he's talkinga about.
It's also a great way to balance out the Temple Zero.
>>
>>46594862
This is in everywhere including Heresy, it first appeared in first PGE
>Cyrodiil
>There, the Witchman assassinated the Emperor, caught the Palace on fire, and slit the throat of General Talos. "But from the smoldering ruin he came, one hand to his neck and with Cuhlecain's Crown in the other. The legions wept at the sight. His Northern magic had saved him, but the voice that led them would be more silent from that night on.
From then on every other source states that he could not longer use his Voice and shout, though he could speak because his voice was that powerful.
>>
>>46594872
Where was Azathoth while all of this was going down?
>>
>>46594877
I will never love anything more than
>http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Dragon_Break_Re-Examined
Which was also written by Kuhlmann as an example of ultimate metaphysical irony.

It's a book trying to disprove a Dragonbreak that was written in 4th era after Septim dynasty has ended...but it first appears in Morrowind an Era before it was written.

Kuhlmann is gud.
>>
>>46594768
>Greybeards have called to him as a Dragonborn
>He has used Thu'um to shout down walls of Old Hroldan and people in Skyrim speak of him as a person who knew Thu'um
That was Talos, not Hjalti
>And again there is a huge point about how he could not use Thu'um anymore after his throat was cut when Cuhlecain was slain...now if this was done by himself as sneaky cuckery or by an actual assassin is a whole different question.
This is how we know Hjalti could not shout.
>But from the smoldering ruin he came, one hand to his neck and with Cuhlecain's Crown in the other. The legions wept at the sight. His Northern magic had saved him, but the voice that led them would be more silent from that night on
http://uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/Cyrodiil
>This period of levelheaded statesmanship and diplomacy, this sudden silence, heretofore unknown in the roaring tales of Talosian conquest, are explained away later. (The assassination story is embroidered -- now it is popularly Talos' own throat that was cut.)
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Arcturian_Heresy
The Throat being cut was a lie entirely, designed to explain why Hjalti could not shout.
>>
>>46594932
Listening to J-pop while watching anime like the NEET it is.
>>
>>46594988
Okay now you are arguing about things a Dragonbreak away.

Are we talking about events before Warp in the West or after Warp in the West.
Hjalti before Warp in the West most likely could not shout.
Hjalti/Tiber/Talos oversoultrio after Warp in the West was the bestest best Emperor ever who could do everything cool and badass Dragonborn from Atmora and he was the best ever because Talos says so.

The thing is that I always find it silly when people bring up pre-Warp in the West and pre Heresy stuff because it is absolutely irrelevant to current time flow of events unless you want to discuss specifically that previous chunk of time.

When you play in Skyrim and talk to Greybeards and all that shit, as far as everything and everyone is concerned Talos could shout.
>>
>>46595164
>Vivec wrote this
>>
Let's settle this with a poll

http://strawpoll.me/7339096
>>
>>46595298
Which one? This poll is stupid unless you specify.
Is this before Godhood and Aurbis being cucked by Talos or after.
>>
>>46595298
Which Tiber Septim?
>>
>>46595329
>>46595356
....what?
excuse my stupidity but im not as in versed in lore as everyone else here is
>>
File: one true answer.jpg (95KB, 698x284px) Image search: [Google]
one true answer.jpg
95KB, 698x284px
>>46595298
>>
>>46595380
I'm just going to assume that you mean Talos-Tiber Septim.

>>46595409
The only correct answer.
>>
>>46593750
Not as filthy as your favorite race.
>>
>>46595435
wtf do you mean "talos-tiber septim" ???
>>
>>46594980
>http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Dragon_Break_Re-Examined

>Book from the future

Found in:
--A formerly Redoran hill-fort, taken over by bandits.
--Baladas' personal library
--The house of Morrowind's Master Trainer of Alteration
--A retired member of the Theives Guild in the Imperial city, who is also a minor Alteration trainer.

Hmm.
>>
>>46595164
I really don't feel the Warp of the West has much to do with this more so the shit that occurred during Tiber's time.
The mortal Talos is the result of several different perspectives of what occurred during a time that really cannot be explained.
Some say Talos was a Breton, a Nord, an Atmoran, when in reality he was all and none of these. One could say Hjalti was Talos, but according to others Talos was born in Atmora and this is also true. The Nords say Talos is Ysmir who was always a god to begin with.
Talos is the mythical creation of what is combined ideas of Ysmir, Wulfharth, and Hjalti, and he is therefore none of them.
>When you play in Skyrim and talk to Greybeards and all that shit, as far as everything and everyone is concerned Talos could shout
But that wasn't Hjalti.
>>
>>46595380
Okay long story short

There was a breton born in Alcaire that moved to Skyrim at the early age. He eventually became broes with Wulfharth the Ysmir who was an ancient Nord king Dragonborn Shezzarine Ash Lich of awesome and the biggest avatar of Lorkhan. They together plotted tons of stuff for greater purpose that serves Lorkhan and eventually got Zurin Arctrus, one of the biggest and baddest wizards ever on their side.
They were all shezzarines (avatars of Lorkhan), if not at very least Wulfharth was.
Eventually Hjalti now known as Emperor Tiber Septim backstabbed Wulf and Zurin and drained their souls which ended up fucking time a bit, created Mantella (soulgem so strong and so similar to Heart of Lorkhan it could power Numidium) and Underking a strange lich who is both Wulf and Zurin.
Then with Mantella and Numidium Tiber Septim conquered the world.

Their master plan was not completed yet though.

Tiber Septim was not worshiped as a God and died of old age, many years latter Daggerfall happens.
In Daggerfall Numidium gets re-activated and Zurin, Wulf and Tiber retroactively fuse together, mantella shittery happens and alternative history gets written.

In this alternative history Tiber Septim was a badass Nord from Atmora who could shout and fuck shit up and he got CHIM and he was the best guy ever and he became a God and no one could ever beat him.

So these three guys managed to successfully become one of the strongest creatures to ever exist, Talos.
>>
>>46595465
The post-apotheosis one.
>>
>>46595529
>But that wasn't Hjalti
It's one of the many names that the strange creature known as Talos goes by, it is Hjalti as far as that timeline is concerned.
>>
>>46595465
Read
>>46595539
In Arena and Daggerfall Talos/Tiber Septim is not a God because in that time line he never fused with Wulf and Zurin to become Talos the God.
After Warp in The West in Morrowind and later games he has been a God all along because in that new timeline he achieved CHIM and Godhood in his lifetime.
>>
>>46595598
And yet that Hjalti shouts despite being said in the same source that he could never shout
>>
>>46595481
>Dragon Break Re-Examined
>By Fal Droon
>Fal Droon also wrote The Lunar Lorkhan
So either he has two books that got lost in time or he wrote a fictitious future book, possibly as a joke.
>>
>>46595619
Wait, so this whole big Talos thing and the fact that humanity is pretty much holding the Nirn together as well as the Towers is actually because of your actions in Daggerfall? It is the Agent that caused Talos to become a god, by accident?
>>
>>46595689
>Fictitious future books as a joke
>It turns out true
Considering the fact that he knew who would be the final Emperor and that Septim dynasty got fucked, I think that's a bit to exact for a "joke" or that guy has luck 200.
>>
>>46595727
Well, not by accident, it was most likely guided by Lorkhan through Underking so you are still part of a bigger picture and a bigger plan...
But yes, Agent of Daggerfall is the greatest hero who did the biggest change in the world.

He is a pretty cool guy.
>>
>>46595689
I find it more likely that, rather than being from the future, the Dragon break Reexamined is the result of a timeline that had the Empire fall during the Warp.
>>
>>46595689
It's entirely possible that Fal Droon was alive at the time of Morrowind, published The Lunar Lorkhan then, and only wrote the Dragon Break Re-Examined later in life. Or that the latter has to do with the Warp.
>>
>>46595802
Regardless of what exactly, it is a book that is subject to time fuckery and it's a cosmic irony to the very contents of the book.
>>
>>46595689
Fal Droon = Darn Fool
>>
>>46595857

Noord Larf
>>
>>46595539
Wulfharth and Zurin aren't both the Underking, they are both separate Underkings.
>>
>morrowind crashed
>again
I'm thinking of digging my old PC from the basement instead of trying to play it on 7.
Maybe it'll crash less often that way.
>>
>>46595689
>>46595824
Fal Droon and Heimskr are avatars of Lorkhan
Hemskr and Fal Droon have information that most mortals do not have, including secret texts "From the Many Headed Talos"
Most importantly recently in TESO there were several books found talking about Lorkhan and Talos written by someone named Heimskr, and scholars in ESO brush it off as "transcription error" (obviously writers trying to atone for their sins)

At least I like to believe that. Plus I always saw Lorkhan and Vivec as a sort of partial self insert of Kirkbride, the fact that both Heimskr and Fal Droon are one of the writers that MK texts are posted through only adds to my theory that they are Lorkhan goofing around.
>>
>>46595929
It is unclear if Underking the King maker is just Zurin Arctrus or if through mantling and mythopoeia he has melded aspects of Wulf in him.
Don't have a source and you can ignore me on that one but I've been in discussions with MK where he has stated that he sort of wanted to leave Underking ambiguous like that.
>>
>>46595954
get code patches and fixes
>>
>>46595792
You know, it's kind of a pattern with Elder Scrolls games for me. They are enjoyable as hell, but most of your actions aren't really that cool-looking and I rarely get the sense that you're actually changing the way everything goes. It's mostly just going along with pretty static main questline, and I'm not really a lore buff, so I have no idea about what really goes on most of the time, just what I am told by the characters. But it's also all really low-key most of the time, and done through simple interactions.
And then I read about how important Vivec actually is, or what Dagoth Ur intends to do, or what is exactly the Warp in the West, or what Numidium truly is, and I go all "Wow, it was this cool all along? I had no idea".
The Oblivion Crisis is probably the worst example. It's really low-key for such a major event. Like the whole Battle of Bruma consisting of about 20 imperial guards, or so. And the fact that gates are never really dangerous to anybody. And the fact that you are apparently the only one who can close them up.
>>
>>46595975
This is honestly pretty shit lore tbqh.
Can't we have a single fucking preacher who is not Lorkhan.
>>
>>46595954
I play mine on 7 and it runs fine, you probably just need unofficial patches or something.
>>
>>46596030
Tried to, but patches links are dead and the recent one are updates rather than patches on their own :http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:Morrowind_Patch_Project
>>
>>46596050
No! It's Lorkhan all the way down!
>>
>>46595975
Fal Droon isn't MK, and Vivec is much more of a personal character for MK than Lorkhan is.
Your ideas don't make any sense.
>>
>>46596039
>you are apparently the only one who can close them up.
You are apparently the only one fucking crazy enough to enter a literal portal to a realm of lava pain and death, rip out its heart, and explode back into reality.
>>
>>46595954
Did any messages pop up when it crashed?
>>
>>46596039
Yep, Bethesda can't into flare...or can't into an engine and coders that will be able to make said flare.
It's sad but I think eventually they will get there.
Just know that, you are the here of the Elder Scrolls for a reason, you write the Elder Scrolls through your actions and everything you do is super important behind the curtains.
>>
>>46596011
Arctus-Underking sleeps after losing the Mantella and does not wake till its recovered. Wulfharth-Underking seems to not even have fought Numidium and goes straight to Pelagius after Tiber's death.
Arctus-Underking does not wish any harm on the Blades; Wulfharth-Underking curses a group of Blades while Zurin sleeps because of his Tiber hate-boner.
>>
>>46596118
No. Just "Morrowind.exe has stopped working".
It's also totally random, last time it crashed when I inspected a chest, and now it crashed in the middle of a fight against the egg poashers.
>>
>>46596050
>>46596071
Forget that shit, it's just the way I see it.
I just like my Lorkhanings too much.

Regardless books tend to travel in time and space just like artifacts or any items given enough attention.
>>
>>46596050
>>46596071
Forget it, I just love my Lorkhanings.

Regarldess books just like any items given enough attention, for example artifacts, seem to travel in time and space illogically. Shit happens I guess and there is always a chance to find a book from 5th era.
>>
>>46596165
>>46596212
fuck, my previous post didn't show up for very long and I ended up double posting on accident
sorry
>>
>>46596098
The lava there doesn't follow the convection laws, so it's mostly harmless, unless you try to swim in it for whatever reason you might want to try doing it.
I guess daedra are more of a problem for everybody who would try closing the portal, though. I assume they are supposed to be strong than mudcrabs in the lore and aren't supposed to be scrubs.
Actually, now that I think about it, there were trapped guards inside some of the portals. I guess they did try coming through, and failed.
Some of them can't actually be set free either, I think.
>>
>>46596250
There's also this Knights of Thorn quest.
>>
>>46596250
Oh yeah, but when you still a plate that had an apple on it? Now that's when they get pissed, and suddenly all the daedra you summon are nothing but paper walls for them.
Your dude doesn't even have any uberspecial power that makes him the only one who can save the day this time around. He's a hero, and he's more awesome than average because of that, and there's a bit of a prophecy that only Uriel Septim knew, and that's it.
>>
File: 1459316799231.png (130KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1459316799231.png
130KB, 500x461px
>tfw there will never be another great elder scrolls game.
>tfw Mysticism is gone for good.
>tfw there's going to be even less miscellaneous items.
>>
>>46596039
That is in a sense a fault of Oblivion and Skyrim trying to be games that they're not. TES has never really been about grand battles of soldiers and armies, and Beth is bad at making that sort of thing.

Arena is a terribly lonely game. You're always alone, most random people are bland, and the only other characters in the game are a ghost and your enemy. Ria and Tharn.
Sure, this probably comes from engine limitations, but it's an example of gameplay enhancing the feeling of being a lonely champion on a secret and desperate quest.
It's probably even accidental from Beth's side, but one of the few really good things I can say about Arena is that the gameplay suits the story, which isn't really the case with things like the Civil War. But that's comparing two vastly different things, I guess.

The only other really memorable character for me in Arena is someone you never meet or talk to, a lowly member of the Brotherhood of Seth called Barnabas. He realized Tharn's trickery, and tried to help. You find his corpse.
RIP Barnabas, if only I could have saved you.
>>
>>46596366

Where my thaumaturgy at?
>>
Does the whole dragon soul absorption thing really matter for Hjalti/Tiber and his contemporaries? I mean shit, the Last Dragonborn was the first guy to actually try since the time of the Dragon Cult. Using anyone's lack of dragon soul absorption as a reason for their non-dragonborn status seems incredibly silly if they lived in an era free of dragons.
>>
File: EfTqLf9.jpg (80KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
EfTqLf9.jpg
80KB, 624x960px
>>46596366
>There will never be pillow forts.
>No silverware.
>No different light sources.
>>
>>46596467
Tiber had an army of last living Red Dragons. Eventually they all got fucked by Nafalilargus, his crown jewel Red Dragon general lived for pretty long.
He supposedly had more dragons like river dragon and shit but slowly blades fucked them over once Tiber passed away.
>>
>morrowind crashed
>for the third time today
Okay, does the unofficial patch have a name? I can find it on
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
, right?
>>
>>46596724
There's a few different relevant patches. The most helpful one for preventing crashes is the "Morrowind Code Patch". The "4gb patch" may help as well. There's also the "Morrowind Patch Project", but that just deals with quest/script bugs and balance inconsistencies, and won't do as much for crashes as the ones that patch the exe.

Just googling for those specific phrases will get you to each one.
>>
>>46596809
>Morrowind Patch Project
That's the one I've been trying to find, apparently all links are dead.

I'll try Morrowind Code Patch for now, but I'm noting your post in case I keep crashing.
>>
So, if I got things right, Vivec is a fucking hypocrit and Dagoth Durrr is no better.

Remind me why I shouldn't kill Vivec.
>>
>>46597323
Because Vivec and the nerevarine go on adventures together in Akaviri after the events of morrowind. This is how I think it should end.
>>
Nope, still doesn't work.

Fuck that, I'm uninstalling Morrowind and reinstalling Oblivion. At least it crashes less.
>>
>>46597323
Vivec is easily the biggest asshole on Vvardenfell. Of course you should kill him. It won't really help anything but at least it'll feel good.
>>
>>46597438
i think i have only had morrowind crash on me ONCE. I cant imagine what your problem might be
>>
>>46597465
No clue either, but it's always during the egg poachers quest. As soon as one dies, the game crashes.
>>
>>46597537
Is your save corrupt?
>>
The last save is in the Skulf Mine. The crash takes place in a different area, in the Queen's room.
>>
File: Me and my wife's son.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Me and my wife's son.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Other than the merchant, do mudcrabs have any fun lore?
The dreughs had that kingdom in some other kalpa, could they have used mudcrabs as like worker beasts?
>>
>>46597465
Not him, but Morrowind's always been pretty prone to crashes for me, at least unpatched. It's very stable with the official updates and code patch on my system, though. So if he's still experiencing crashes with all that it's unusual.
>>
>>46592353

Talos is all three of them stuck together so it's irrelevant.

That being said Tiber was an incredible king of men even before getting (retroactively?) sucked into a neo-lorkhan oversoul.
>>
>>46596838
http://www.theassimilationlab.com/forums/files/download/1060-previous-patches-unofficial-morrowind-patch
>>
>>46595929
>>46596011

The existence of Lost Boy Cavern in Oblivion seems explicitly to demonstrate that the Underking is effectively born of both men, by demonstrating a second case where nearly the same thing happened, albeit with two far less powerful men.
>>
>>46598306

Excuse me, implicitly
>>
>>46598267
>I'm uninstalling Morrowind and reinstalling Oblivion
>>
>>46598341
I don't understand
>>
>>46598341
Well you aren't the fucking center of the universe, there are other people who could use this knowledge
>>
>>46598381
He's saying that he already gave up trying to run Morrowind, as per >>46597438 and doesn't need the help anymore.

It's good that you posted that, though. The MPP is pretty difficult to pin down with all the competing versions and patches.
>>
>>46598430
Given he's talking to me, I feel obliged to tell him that I won't use that knowledge.
Not answering would be rude.
>>
>>46598306
Thanks for that, never discovered the lost boy cavern on my playthrough
shit is interesting
>>
>>46598490
Responding letting me know you won't use the knowledge is different than refusing the knowledge, as the initial reply did.
>>
>>46598540
Ijust said I'm uninstalling Morrowind.
Stop projecting your own feelings.
>>
>>46598306
>>46596139
>>
>>46598661
Nice for you
That doesn't chim the question "where is mpp" from existance
>>
>>46598681
Cool for you.
>>
I don't see why this guy is having these problems with Morrowind. I pirated it, downloaded it in the wrong order, fixed it, and it still never crashes.
I just use MGSO and am an Americlap, so it has to be one of those two things.
>>
File: Vvardenfell.jpg (3MB, 2668x3095px) Image search: [Google]
Vvardenfell.jpg
3MB, 2668x3095px
>>46598790
MGSO has its own issues, I hope you fixed those too.
>>
MAN I SURE HOPE OBLIVION WON'T CRASH CONSTANTLY LIKE MORROWIND DID

If that still doesn't work, fuck that, I'm getting Dark Souls.
>>
>>46598824

Molag Amur a best
>>
>>46598883
This, Molag Amur is the hottest regionfu.
>>
>>46595529
Obviously Hjalti, Wulfharth, and Cuhecain each did great things, but a dragonbreak caused by the forging of Numidium fucked up the timeline and caused it all to be done by one man considered all of the three, Tiber Septim.
>>
>>46598824
I never really encountered any issue at all with MGSO.
>>46598872
If you think Dank Souls is stable or even good on PC, I've got some bad news for you anon.
>>
>>46599070
Fuck all of you.
>>
File: sip.png (47KB, 735x731px) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
47KB, 735x731px
>>46598915
>Molag Amur is the hottest region

Yeah, cus there's fetching lava everywhere.
>>
>>46598872
You're the yuropoor, right? Where did you get the game?
>>
>>46599070
>I never really encountered any issue at all with MGSO.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1513057-relz-morrowind-overhaul-sounds-graphics-30-thread-6
>>
>>46599104
Steam.
>>
>>46599134
Did you deactivate steam overlay? It pretty much always fucks with injector mods in some way.
>>
File: 1450673141728.jpg (148KB, 798x588px) Image search: [Google]
1450673141728.jpg
148KB, 798x588px
>>46599162
>Did you deactivate steam overlay?
Shit.
>>
>>46599091
Hey, man, as one lorefag to another, I wish you the best. Just giving you a warning that Dark Souls 1 is a crappy port. Dark souls 2 is a bit more stable.
I love Morrowind, so I feel sympathy that you can't play it.
>>
>>46598306
This is some really interesting stuff. It's a very well-designed quest, and it's a pity that I won't be able to do it until I reach level 23. I wish there was a bit more information so we know exactly what happened - did Vangaril keep the phylactery and Erandur managed to start tearing at his soul?

>Daedraeka! Mannimarco Daedroth Kvatch Mannimarco Erandur Vangaril Oblivion Tska Tska Takaesh!

A lot of those works make sense, but what is 'Tska' and 'Takaesh?'
>>
>>46599209
That must be why. I didn't register mine online, so I never had to connect to steam.
>>
File: Ur.png (302KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
Ur.png
302KB, 635x457px
>>46599209
>>
>>46599212
I know! Fuck, I even got a spear and some throwing stars to level my marksman skills.
All things I'll never get in Oblivion.

>>46599249
Maybe. I dunno, I installed mods, unofficial patches, and it still crashed. Dunno if it's Steam or not, coulda tried anyway.
>>
>>46599298
Did you install mods through steam?
>>
What is the Silvenar and who is the Silvenar?
>>
>>46599298
Well, tomorrow or the next day, when you don't feel burned out, give it another shot. If that fails, just pirate a version so you don't have to deal with steam stuff.
I don't know much about this stuff, but I know that Morrowind is a game you won't regret playing.
>>
>>46599346
You mean through Morrowind's launcher? Yeah.
If you mean the Workshop, no.
>>
>>46599355
Silvenar and Green Lady are shitty ESO additions which are basically people that mantle all of Bosmeri kind together and go around representing them as this strange semi hivemindish priest/politician
>>
>>46599298
Just chiming in to say that the Steam Overlay is a big source of problems with Morrowind. I can't guarantee that it's the primary source of your crashes but it's definitely a contributor. That'd be the last thing I try before giving up for good.
>>
File: 1447691518466.jpg (100KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
1447691518466.jpg
100KB, 600x580px
>>46599575
SHOULDA SAID THAT FUCKING EARLIER YOU DOUBLE THALMOR
>>
>>46599575
He could try OpenMW if he's willing to part with the non-.esp mods. It didn't crash once for me, it also doesn't require steam at all.
>>
>>46599609
What IS OpenMW? Another exe?
>>
>>46599682
It's a new engine, no resources included.
>>
>>46599682
Reimplementation of a Morrowind engine, basically, but completely open-source. Open-source meaning that we actually have got the means to massively change it, the source code, a kind of "recipe" for the program.
In the original game, you have the content, and you have the engine. Content is game particulars, engine is mechanics, graphics, physics and all of that stuff that you can't change easily.
OpenMW is basically the engine that is intended to be identical to the original. Why it needs to be is because we can change stuff easier if we have the source code (which we don't have for the original engine), and develop it, and fix bugs easier.
>>
>>46599682
OpenMW is an open source port of Morrowind. It's easy to use and doesn't require (nor does it work with) the .exe based mods like MGE. I personally found that OpenMW improved my performance by quite a lot aswell.

https://openmw.org/en/ check out the site for more info and an FAQ section.
>>
File: 20160410233759_1.jpg (60KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160410233759_1.jpg
60KB, 1024x768px
I dunno what that shit is, but I'm taking it down!
>>
File: 1425277719900.png (162KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1425277719900.png
162KB, 640x480px
So what happened to the Sload? Did the All Flags Navy's destruction of Thras really kill them all or did Bethesda just decide that they are too boring to be mentioned anymore?
>>
>>46600056
Sload Soap must come from somewhere, right?
>>
>>46600056
>Did the All Flags Navy's destruction of Thras really kill them all
Nah, they're still around.

>Bethesda just decide that they are too boring to be mentioned anymore?
More like they've yet to find a reason to include them. There's a ship called The Dainty Sload in Skyrim.
>>
>>46599953
Good luck anon, you just stumbled unto the hardest boss in the game.
>>
File: RAGE.gif (875KB, 511x560px) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.gif
875KB, 511x560px
>launches Oblivion
>it crashes
BETHESDA I SWEAR I WILL HURT YOU
>>
>>46600240
>morrowind crashing problems
>oblivion crashing problems
Try installing Skyrim
>>
>>46600281
Skyrim's only redeeming feature is the smithing.
>>
>>46600240
Time to play Arena.
>>
>>46600240
Sounds like it's not the games, anon.
>>
>>46600240
>incompetence in action
>>
>>46600353
It's on GoG, right?
>>
>>46600353
>>46600384
Daggerfall > Arena
http://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php/Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN
>>
>>46600384
No, it's up on UESP.
Arena and Daggerfall are free games now.
>>
>>46600384
Yes but you need to purchase a Bethesda product to get it. Just grab the free CD version, should work fine out of the box: http://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/index.php?title=Arena_:_ArenaSetup_EN
>>
>>46600384
no. absolutely not. download it here. has patches and shizz
http://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/?title=Arena_:_ArenaSetup_EN
>>
>>46600406
Arena is harder to fuck up, which is just what this Anon needs.
>>
>>46600240
I don't think it's the games' fault if this is happening all across the board.
>>
>>46599434
Uh, no. That was written beforehand, read "A Dance in Fire"
Here's a link http://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:A_Dance_in_Fire
>>
File: 1454174472667.png (85KB, 800x497px) Image search: [Google]
1454174472667.png
85KB, 800x497px
>>46599953
ah the infamous walking husk!
These foul creatures are the remains of many different kinds of large crustaceans which once dwelled in the Sea of Ghosts. They are usually accompanied by their dunmeri necromancer who makes them invulnerable to any physical damage until you kill him. While they might not attack you right now, they will, once you push on in the main quest and when you drive away the evil Empire of Man from the shores of Vvardenfell, these Necromancers and their beasts will try and stop you, so it might be a good idea to kill them right away.
Cool lore tidbit: when the Nords attacked Morrowind back in the first Era, Vivec (the god of the Elder Scrolls universe) flooded the continent and created the inner sea that separates Vvardenfell from the Mainland. During this flood, many husks of emperor crabs (the torsos of these creatures) were carried to the shore, where you can still find some of the husks that weren't reanimated by some evil dumner sorcerer.
>>
File: 1457377026339.jpg (56KB, 562x316px) Image search: [Google]
1457377026339.jpg
56KB, 562x316px
>>46600518
>>
Okay, switched the langauge to English, turned off overlay and that VR shit.
>>
>>46600434
True, though going through the official patch notes is still pretty hilarious:
>Multiple 'Fortify' on a single spell now fortify all stats that are in the spell. Therefore a spell that fortifies STR, INT, and WIL will now fortify all those stats rather than changing your gender, for example. It will NOT fix your gender if you're already changed. (sorry)
>A problem arose where you shot a bow across water, and every other weapon in your inventory became unequippable. It has been corrected.
>New characters created from within the game will work
>>
>>46599953
It's a taxi. Stop stabbing that man's taxi. That's rude.
>>
>>46600624
>will now fortify all those stats rather than changing your gender
How does one fuck up this badly?
>>
>>46600827
Having dealt with league of legends spaghetti code, I'm not surprised by this
>>
>>46600827
Bethesda.
>>
>>46600873
You've dealt with League of Legends code?
>>
>>46601052
No, I meant it as a consumer way.
They change one thing and I have to deal with their bugs as a player for weeks.
Probably shoot myself if I had to leave alone that duct tape and toothpicks they call code.
>>
>play daggerfall
>ugly yellow text
>sometimes even hard to read
is there a mod to fix this?
>>
>>46601180
No, but you can fix it yourself if you know how.
>>
>>46601180
CASUAL
A
S
U
A
L
>>
>>46601237
I have no idea how. does anyone here know how?
>>
>>46601280
Old games are just ugly anon. It'll grow on you.
>>
>>46599953

Can you even hit that thing? I always thought it was basically coded as an animated building.
>>
>>46601561
It's pretty much a building.
>>
>>46601180
If one of the Daggerfall remake/port projects such as Daggerfall Unity or DaggerXL ever become playable, better fonts will be the most immediate and obvious improvement. But that's a couple years off if we're lucky.

Daggerfall's fonts aren't fixed-width and the books don't have any word wrap functionality, so messing with the font could potentially mess up some books. But that's not a huge issue since the books already have a bunch of alignment problems and missing words and lines since they weren't formatted well to begin with.

The font will always be solid yellow. You can just try to make it better looking if you want. The font files are located in the Arena2 directory and you drag them onto this utility to edit them. Make sure to edit copies of them rather than the originals and always keep a backup in case you fuck up.

http://dl1.scharesoft.de/files/tes/Daggerfall_Font_Editor.7z

I don't really recommend actually doing this, as I don't think it'll help much overall and it's probably not worth the effort, but it's how you would do it if you really wanted to.
>>
Is it worth playing Dagerfall for the lore? I heard from other people that all the interesting and weird stuff wasn't well-defined at that point, and Morrowind is the one where it all rose in prominence.
On the other hand, they already had Daedra and Numidium. That has got to count for something.
>>
>>46601894
Probably not, unless you're into the "mundane" lore of the region. Still a good game worth playing.
>>
>>46601894
If you really like the political side or the sub-factions of various groups, yes.

If you're coming for AE ALTADOON, KINMUNE, and vampire lasers with crystal lattices and celestial chourses, you're SOL
>>
>>46601894
desu Redguard was the first game where the weird shit in lore started. Daggerfall is still a wild ride though, and well worth playing. The events are still canon and overall it's a good game.
Aged terribly though, so if you're not to keen on playing it anyways I'd wait for DaggerXL or Daggerfall Unity to be finished. Otherwise there's a complete installation of the game for modern systems floating around, so you don't have to put up with the installation and the quirks of DOSbox atleast.
>>
>>46602040
>desu
What's wrong with you senpai?
>>
>>46602335

To be perfectly honest, family, the wordfilters are becoming more annoying than the original meme.
>>
File: tbg.png (60KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tbg.png
60KB, 1600x1200px
>>46601894
Daggerfall has a lot of lore, mostly in the books and main quest itself, but it doesn't have much of the weird lore. I can guarantee you that, in the eyes of Bethesda as of 1996, Numidium was just a giant golem with a sorcerer's heart as a power source and Daedra were competing lords of not-hell.

However, most of the weird lore TES is known for was built around and expanded upon what we first saw in Daggerfall. Rather than outright rewriting the lore, they just wrote a ton of new shit to fill in the gaps. Just about everything you read and experience in Daggerfall can be considered canon on roughly the same level as the other games, as long as you're aware of the sources and that the Warp in the West has yet to happen. The books are still written in-universe by people, not all of whom know what they're talking about, and some of the books are outright fiction or fairy tales, because fiction and fairy tale books still exist in TES. For that reason, if you're interested in seeing and reading about the culture of the Bretons and Redguards of the Iliac Bay in the third era, Daggerfall will be worth playing.

Hell, as kind of an inside joke for Daggerfall players, even the largely homogenous copy-pasted cities, NPCs, and dungeons of the game with the massive amount of random quests offered to adventurers was recorded as actual High Rock lore in the first Pocket Guide to the Empire.

The final dungeon does get pretty weird, though, in the surreal way that 90's DOS games are so fond of. Pic related is from that dungeon.
>>
>>46602391
>blaming filters for his weeabooism
I'm shaking my head at you senpai, desu.
>>
File: ArenaLizardMan.gif (17KB, 121x119px) Image search: [Google]
ArenaLizardMan.gif
17KB, 121x119px
Anyone remember Lizard Men from Arena? What were those? They weren't Argonians, or at least the Player's Guide said they weren't Argonians.
>>
>>46602483
>Once thought to be distant cousins of the Argonians, it was soon evident that those lizardmen had nothing human within them whatsoever. They are a race of carnivorous reptiles, whose use of language stretches only far enough to communicate the location of their prey to the rest of their hunting party, which then move to attack and feed.
I like to believe they're part of the big dinofamily with guars and kagouti
Or they're the unspoken side of argonians, basically their version of retards.
>>
>checking Oblivion
>raising a skill to 100 takes appro. 1 153 hours
FUCK
THAT
>>
>>46602483
I always assumed they were proto-daedroths,
>>
How does hand-to-hand work in these games? Is it even viable?
>>
>>46602718
Arena, not really
Daggerfall, maybe
Morrowind, sort of
Oblivion, yes
Skyrim, not really
>>
>>46602718
In Daggerfall it's meh. Morrowind tho. Holy fuck Morrowind. Abusing the OP alchemy system basically lets you be Jackie Chan.
>>
>>46602718
>How does hand-to-hand work in these games?
Well usually you slam your fists into their faces.
>>
>>46602718
Morrowind : drains fatigue until the enemy falls unconcious, then takes damage
Oblivion : drains stamina and health.
Oblivio : only causes damage.
>>
File: comparison.png (120KB, 1280x1848px) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
120KB, 1280x1848px
>>46601741
>>46602425
While on the topic of Daggerfall lore and fonts, if you want to read all the books in-game you'll probably want this:
https://mega.nz/#!6MlEiZhS!SqIWgQTn16o7ZTdxO67i_eo0FAc0Yl0d_HyL7q3NHMQ

It fixes the broken formatting of half the books by making words wrap. Formatting still sucks and sometimes the wrapping makes it looks even worse than originally, but it keeps all the text on the page where it belongs so you can read it all if you want the original ugly yellow text for some reason instead of just reading them online.

>>46602718
It's not good at all in Arena. It's good in Daggerfall since repairing weapons is a pain in the ass and you don't have to worry about material requirements and the damage gets pretty high as your skill increases. It's possible and actually very effective in vanilla Morrowind but you might get frustrated by the fatigue damage system making battles take forever. It's viable in Oblivion as well, as a more traditional combat style that damages health. In Skyrim you need to very specifically build your character for it with enchanted items and heavy armor (with the unarmed perk) because there's no base skill to support it, and you'll want to be Khajiit or Argonian if you want it to be any good early on.
>>
Which game has the most broken alchemy?
Potions can apparently stack in Morrowind, but only Oblivion allowed poisons, and I have yet to find anything good in Skyrim.
Except the shouts, they're very fun.
>>
File: blind god.png (31KB, 526x368px) Image search: [Google]
blind god.png
31KB, 526x368px
>>46602425
Blind god is best god
>>
>>46602718
Also, in Morrowind, if your hand to hand was strong, you could kill ghosts and even werewolves.
Has a steep learning curve, but play your cards right, and your martial arts will be the mightiest in all the land.
>>
File: 1459407445206.jpg (298KB, 515x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1459407445206.jpg
298KB, 515x2048px
How can I feel less bad about making a non-Nord Skyrim character? I've been playing Morrowind for a while and I may give Skyrim another shot. I'm thinking Dunmer, Khajiit, or Bosmer which are my favorite races
>>
>>46603050
??? By not feeling bad?
>>
>>46603050
>How can I feel less bad about making a non-Nord Skyrim character
By telling yourself that Nord are racists as fuck and deserve to be anally assaulted by the thalmors.

>>46603039
>punching ghosts in the face
Fucking epic.
>>
>>46603082
Well I feel like my race has to match my character. For example I could never play as a non-Dunmer Nerevarine

Does anyone else think like that?
>>
>>46602977
Morrowind, with a runner up as Skyrim due to the Alchemy-Enchanting ladder.
In Morrowind, potion strength and success is dependent on your alchemy skill, your intelligence, and your luck.
Simply make a few potions of intelligence, chug them and make more potions of intelligence, chug them, make more potions of intelligence, and potions of luck, health, fatigue, magicka, agility, speed, etc.

Congrats, you now became a Super Saiyan through Alchemy.
>>
>>46602977
Morrowind by far. There's the Intelligence exploit:
Just keep making and drinking Fortify Intelligence potions, which boosts your alchemy abilities so you can make stronger Fortify Intelligence potions, until you have thousands of intelligence and can make god potions of every kind.
And the merchant exploit:
Buy ingredients, make potions from ingredients, sell potions. The ingredients will restock and you can keep doing this until you've cleaned out the gold, then wait to make their gold reset and repeat.

Skyrim has a similar god-mode exploit involving Alchemy and Enchanting together. You can then feed it into smithing to make absurdly powerful weapons.

Oblivion has the least broken alchemy overall, but arguably the most fun to use out side of exploits. You can't make as many fun utility potions as you can in Morrowind like levitation and telekinesis, but it's still got a decent amount of potions and the addition of poisons more than makes up for that if you're the type of sneaky character that would use them.
>>
File: 1434808165285.jpg (124KB, 401x708px) Image search: [Google]
1434808165285.jpg
124KB, 401x708px
>>46603050
>Liking cuckmer.
But seriously, any race can apply to be Dragonborn. Just whatever Papa Aka deemed good.
Besides, being a foreigner in a different culture is always a fun experience, just adventuring in a new land and now you are the chosen one. For bonus irony, an Altmer Dragonborn would be as hilarious as a Nord Nerevarine.
>>
>>46603130
>not playing an argonian Nerevarine
It's like you hate irony or something.
>>
>>46603039
>>46603126
Just make sure to get your agility high, and make sure to train under a sensei, practicing on wild animals and meditating under waterfalls.
Then your Kung-fu will be strong enough to take on gods.
Just remember that the first part of a battle is what's hard, the last part is easiest. If multiple people are attacking, weave in and out and keep that agility high so you can auto dodge them. Focus on one enemy, then when they are out of fatigue, punch the other while punching the one getting up with a power jab to keep them pinned down. then alternate to make sure none get up to attack you. Keep a health potion, and some fatigue ones too. If need be, you can speed this up by using a damage fatigue spell in an emergency.
>>
>>46603130
I agree with you, but only from a thematic standpoint. There's nothing logically wrong with a Khajiit Nerevarine or Bosmer Dragonborn, but it does feel a bit out of place. I say you should use that to your advantage and incorporate it into your character. Your character probably finds it weird just like you do. Takes a bit of imagination and it's a shame that we need to do this ourselves instead of the writing and dialogue doing it for us, but that's how I approach it.

Morrowind gives you a great excuse since you're the Nerevarine due to the motives of others, like Uriel Septim VII and Azura. The former obviously want a favorable outcome to the Empire so a non-Dunmer hero is probably who he's rooting for, and it's not hard to see Azura wanting to force the most ironic possible situation onto the Tribunal.
>>
>>46603412
>>46603130
Honestly, I could nerevar play as a Dunmeri Nerevarine. It just felt weird. You were supposed to be an outlander from Cyrodil, working undercover for the Empire, so being another race just felt natural to me.
>>
>>46603539
Dunmer Nerevarine was born/raised in another province. So, having grown up in another provice around another culture, DN, though a Dunmer, doesn't act like a Dunmer and very likely either can't speak Dunmeri or speaks it (and obviously Cyrodiilic) with a non-Dunmeri accent and/or non-Dunmeri mannerisms. DN may look like a native if they dress right, but any actual native can easily tell that they aren't one.
>>
>>46603539
>>46603833
Outlanders are very obvious to Dunmer.
>>
>>46603539
Being another race felt wrong to me. Like I wasn't really the reincarnation of Nerevar, or worst, a bastardized version. I wasn't what people wanted or expected as a savior.
>>
>>46604718
To be honest game seems to imply that you aren't reincarnation of Nerevarine. In fact it seems no reincarnation of Nerevarine ever existed, but one can become one. I suppose it's bit like mantling (or could be just blessing of Azura), but not in exact sense as typically one can mantle only gods.
>>
>>46605838
I suppose you could argue that you just happened to do everything that the reincarnation of the Nerevarine was supposed to do, because you had the skill and items to do what was needed and give you something like the power you needed to wield, but you could also argue that the only reason you could do that is because you were the Nerevar reincarnated. Dagoth Ur, himself a god, didn't see you as any different from Nerevar, so perhaps that's confirmation enough.
>>
>>46605958
You know Urshilaku wise woman says something like "You are not the Nerevarine, you are one who may become the Nerevarine" and from failed incarnates it would seem that it's more about becoming the Nerevarine than being born as one.
>>
File: go on.jpg (47KB, 153x216px) Image search: [Google]
go on.jpg
47KB, 153x216px
>>46600518
>>
>>46606841
These fucking hats.
I dunno what the Dunmer were smoking when they came up with that fashion.
And they were everywhere.
>>
>>46606881
>Dunmer invented the Colovian Fur Helm
n'wah u wut
>>
>>46606881
>And they were everywhere.
They're actually pretty uncommon to see on NPCs. Also, like said it's Colovian rather than Dunmer invention. That's why it's called Colovian Fur Helm, so blame Imperials and Empire like the usual.
>>
>>46606919
Why did nobody in Cyrodiil actually wear these hats then?
>>
>>46606988
Probably same CHIM bullshit that removed jungles and made Cyrodiil into not-europe also removed those hats.
>>
>>46606988
There was ten years between Morrowind and Oblivion. I would not be surprised one bit if the hats just went completely out of fashion and no one ever spoke of them again.
>>
>>46607108
I would be still betting that CHIM fuckery which almost completely changed Cyrodiil from how it was portrayed in Morrowind had many other effects than just removing the jungle.
>>
>>46606988
The Nerevarine wearing it is canon, so they stopped wearing them out opf fear/respect.
>>
>>46606988
Word of Uncle Sweetshare got out, and it became associated with insane serial killers, sort of like how nobody wears hitler's moustache anymore.
>>
>>46606988
Might have fallen out of fashion in Cyrodiil already, and just remained in use in the provinces.
>>
>>46606988
the same reason real people dont wear shitty hats
>>
File: 1448009576217.jpg (260KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
1448009576217.jpg
260KB, 900x948px
>>46607494
Bitch I'll fight you.
>>
>>46607220
That's fun
So nerevarine using spears is canon too, what else
>>
File: Fur_Armor_(Oblivion).png (1MB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Fur_Armor_(Oblivion).png
1MB, 600x1000px
>>46606988
They just got a different design is all.
>>
>>46609472
But that't not colovian, it's closer to netch leather if anything.
>>
>>46609517
It still raises on top, just like the Colovian Fur Cap. Just added something to keep tho ears warm on those cold Colovian nights.
>>
>>46609588
That's decoration that's raised, not the helm itself
It's the equivalent of a propeller hat
>>
>>46609635
>Implying the Colovian Fur Cap wasn't the propeller hat of Morrowind.
>>
>>46609663
In absurdity, sure.
I'm talking about form.
>>
File: 1458614998521.png (139KB, 551x636px) Image search: [Google]
1458614998521.png
139KB, 551x636px
>>46609364
>nerevarine having skills
>nerevarine having consequences for joining factions
>nerevarine having separate armor pieces
>nerevarine having a wide variety of spell, enchantment, and potion effects

wow they sure do respect the guy
>>
So is there an unanimous opinion on what the actual size of Tamriel would be?
>>
>>46610437
Europe I'd say
>>
>>46610397
>>46610145
Sorry friend, didn't mean to quote.
>>46610437
There isn't one.
>>
In UESP, what is the mechanical difference between Barrier and Iron Flesh.
>>
>>46607162
The CHIM stuff timelinewise happened before Morrowind, because it was thanks to Tiber Septim.
>>
File: 1433910615176.jpg (165KB, 1000x462px) Image search: [Google]
1433910615176.jpg
165KB, 1000x462px
>>46610437
A unianimous opinion? No.

Numerous differing ones? Yes. If the Illiac Bay is really about the size of Great Britain, then I think you could extrapolate the scale from there.
>>
>>46610513
was that ever established as something that's meant to be transferred to lore?
just because it was that size in daggerfall doesn't necessarily mean it's that big in the actual universe. The world in Arena was tiny in comparison, and Vvardenfell was pretty small too. Area wise, the Vvardenfell from TES III was about the size of a London. Going from there, the whole continent would barely be the size of Wales.
>>
>>46610460
>>46610513
Hmm, what about special landmarks like the Throat of the World? Ingame it takes up a relatively huge part of the map, would the actual size be absolutely massive(it is a fantasy world after all)? Or just something like a real-life mountain?
Sorry if it sounds autistic, the thought just popped in my mind.
>>
>>46610653
That map he posted was based at the scale of Kirkbride's specifications, not necessarily Daggerfall's in-game size
>>
>>46610488
You mean UESRPG?

>Barrier
>Cost: [Spell Level]*20
>Difficulty: +30-(10*[Spell Level])
>(Self): The effect is applied to the source character.
>(Shield): Target gains a magic shield that provides 5*[Spell Level]
bonus armor against physical damage for 1 minute.

>Iron-Flesh
>Cost: [Spell Level]*10
>Difficulty: +30-(10*[Spell Level])
>(Self): The effect is applied to the source character.
>(Armor): Target gains 5*[Spell Level] AR to all hit locations
for 1 minute.

Not sure. Maybe email Seht and see if you get a response? He's pretty good about responding to feedback.
>>
>>46610656
Make yourself at home
>>
File: spikedsteamroller01_6877565823_o.jpg (221KB, 1602x1354px) Image search: [Google]
spikedsteamroller01_6877565823_o.jpg
221KB, 1602x1354px
>>46610868
Thanks buddy :3
>>
>>46610914
that from Adam?
>>
File: skeevertrap01_6877563417_o.jpg (500KB, 2535x2223px) Image search: [Google]
skeevertrap01_6877563417_o.jpg
500KB, 2535x2223px
>>46610970
That's right buddy
>>
>>46610998
:)
:,(
>>
File: sarcophagustrap01_6877553507_o.jpg (587KB, 2140x2152px) Image search: [Google]
sarcophagustrap01_6877553507_o.jpg
587KB, 2140x2152px
>>46611030
;_;
>>
>>46611045
I hope the next Elder Scrolls will take place in Elsweyr.
I look forward to exploring tombs and fighting mummified Khajit with designs reminiscing of Morrowind's Khajits.

And the sand.
>>
File: FullMap_TravelRoutes.png (130KB, 1099x977px) Image search: [Google]
FullMap_TravelRoutes.png
130KB, 1099x977px
>>46610653
>Area wise, the Vvardenfell from TES III was about the size of a London. Going from there, the whole continent would barely be the size of Wales.
Consider the sizes of things like settlements though. Also consider the timescale; it takes hours in game time to get between places, a boat ride between Vivec and Ebonheart is an hour, but in terms of game space it's practically spitting distance.

The worlds we get in the games from Morrowind on are more like miniaturized representations of the "real' thing. This becomes even more apparent in later games, and I think is part of the problem they have, the stories keep trying for big epic events that the games just can't represent properly. Remember the battle for Bruma in Oblivion? Clearly it's supposed to be some grand battle, but it ends up being you and maybe six other guys leaving to cheering of maybe 10 townspeople. An elementary school baseball game probably draws a bigger crowd. So instead of LOTR, we get a backyard wrestling match.
>>
>>46611469
>Remember the battle for Bruma in Oblivion?
Shut up, I've been trying to forget it.
>>
>>46611511
MARTIN MARTIN MARTIN
>>
>>46611400
>And the sand.
You shall have Hammerfell.
>>
>>46611469

> six other guys

Don't lie, it's more like 14 if you try really hard
>>
>>46611469
Thank you console gaming
>>
>>46610656
Ive considered the same thing and have come to the conclusion that the region is a large mountain range with Hrothgar jutting from the center.
A better question imo is if red mounatin should be considered the whole of vvardenfell.
>>
>>46611400
I fear they would completely ignore TES version of Chernobyl which happens to be in Elsweyr.
>>
>>46611766
I don't care, I just want the sand. The hot sands between my paw pads.
And the old forgotten tombs.
>>
>>46611711
Well Vvardenfell is a volcanic island, so you could make the argument that Red Mountain makes up the whole island.
>>46611766
>Chernobyl
Wot
>>
File: nordruins01_6877543267_o.jpg (569KB, 2400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
nordruins01_6877543267_o.jpg
569KB, 2400x1200px
>>46611400
I'm more of a nordic landscape person myself, so the upcoming games don't have too much appeal to me. It's a shame Skyrim failed to deliver in so many ways.
>>
>>46611400
>The Khajiit are just as racist as the dunmer but they're much more polite about it
>If you enter an area and are playing a non-khajiit, all conversation in the area stops and they just quietly shuffle about until you leave, not wanting an outsider to know khajiit secrets
>You are constantly bleeding money and random cheap goods to pickpockets that you can't even see
>Sleeping at an inn has a 50% chance of you waking up in the horse stable with your pants unequiped or just missing
>eating or drinking literally anything gives you a slight booze filter because of the prevalence of moon sugar
>It's suggested throughout the game that half the shit you're experiencing is all drug induced hallucinations
>>
>>46611845
>Jodenjone! Don' let Marshee lie to you about Big Walker. The Blades took It from here, sure, but they din' take It back to Cyrodiil and rebuild the thing. Talos, he "annexed" a swath of our bounty-land in Ana'quinal and cleared the Khajiiti out by force. There's where he built the Hall of Colossus—a mighty name for a secret testing warehouse—and that's where Big Walker was born. And that's why that part of our Elsweyr is still poisoned glow-rock, where no cats go. Ach, for the lunacy of you Wayward Folk!
>>
>>46611469
Morrowind really had good balance between game logic and believability on town sizes compared to newer games. I think this is mostly fault of consoles not having enough memory rather Bethesda though. New Vegas development (wasn't Bethesda, but they did same thing) team admitted they had to make New Vegas walled city (originally it was open city) because memory of consoles couldn't handle it.
>>
>>46612121
But even cities are closed and they're still small
>>
>>46611931
I agree with you, the snow was neat, but the rest...
I'm just curious to see a video game desert, the only desert I ever saw in a video game was Sandopolis, from Sonic. On Megadrive.
>>
>>46612225
Journey has a great video game desert, if you've got time to kill.
>>
>>46612338
But I can't stab, poison, slash, backstab, murder, deceive and smite things in Journey.
>>
>>46612220
That was kinda my point. Morrowind didn't have flashy graphics and back then console for which it was made (xbox) wasn't really that bad when compared to average gaming PC, so they could have bigger cities. However when Oblivion came out consoles weren't on par with gaming PCs anymore and it got even worse with Skyrim that was released to consoles which had become really outdated back then.
>>
I really like this thread.
>>
>>46612428
Shut the hell up, you remind me of the massive train wreck that Thief 3 was compared to the first games.
>>
>>46612485
One of our shittier threads desu, very little lore discussion.
>>
>>46612600
>One of our shittier threads desu
Dude, I hate to break it to you, but desu is too old of a meme, senpai.
>>
>>46612631
Filters my fine nig
>>
>>46612600
I mean these threads, as in /tgesg/.
>>
>>46612631
Bring back the old memes, the new ones suck.

Was the First Empire of the Nords more strongly Lorkhanic? You could argue that the Imperial pantheon has incorporated a lot of Elven elements, and I'm curious on if there's any obvious difference in a culture depending on what they worship, despite similar races.
>>
>>46612693
baka to be honest, senpai.
>>
>>46611711
That would make sense. I still think that that Throat of the World should be kinda looming over the rest of the mountains. A bit like pic related perhaps, sorry I can't into landscapes and scale.
>>
>>46613058
Is this yours? It looks hella nice
>>
>>46613318
Yeah, I was trying to picture a more realistic scale going on but I think it's still way too small. It's still a bit larger than the ingame world though.
>>
File: Chimki Breeki i v damki.png (1MB, 803x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Chimki Breeki i v damki.png
1MB, 803x1024px
>>46611845
>>
>>46611947
Sounds like far cry 3.
>>
what are some lore inaccuracies introduced in skyrim?
>>
>>46615518
Innaccuracies? Probably just the general setting more than anything else.

Skyrim before Skyrim was portrayed as being entirely icy, with most Nords becoming raiders out of necessity. Skyrim in the game Skyrim was fairly temperate for most of its climate. The local worship of native gods and goddesses (which in some ways were similar to the Alessian pantheon) was very toned down.
>>
>>46615518
Alduin is Akatosh's ebil son >:DD
>>
>>46615577
Things change in 200 years.
>>
>>46615518
NO WHALES
O

W
H
A
L
E
S
>>
>>46615606
Red Mountain erupted in that time, could've really messed up the climate.

Greenhouse effect, maybe.
>>
>>46615606
thats just a shitty excuse. You can justify any changes bethesda made with shitty excuses

Just because things changed in 200 years doesnt mean the change was good.
>>
>>46615663
>Just because things changed in 200 years doesnt mean the change was good.
>>
>>46615663
I'm sorry that the change conflicts so much with the fanfic you wrote in your head.
>>
>>46615651
I am not one to defend Skyrim's lore in any manner.
But fucking seriously?
This is your fucking gripe with Skyrim? That Bethesda didn't pander to one of Kirkbride's worst texts?
>>
FUN FUN FUN
VIDEO GAMES
FUN FUN FUN
>>
File: This is fine.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
This is fine.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>46615828
>>
>>46615828
>>46615933
Yeah, mine did that all the time and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

I know it's pretty petty, but I could never get past how weird the graphics are in Oblivion. It's like everything's made of plastic and everyone's made out of plasticine.
>>
>>46615960
Missing textures. I could tell you more if I knew where the debugging is located.

Anyway, I just played Dawnguard, and I'm a bit disappointed that you can't get all snarky with the vampire lord if you're a werewolf vampire hunter.
>>
>>46615960
>>46616020
Morrowind is actually pretty good about telling you what textures are missing in warnings.txt
>>
>>46616050
Too bad it doesn't help with crashes.
>>
>>46616120
Oddly enough, morrowind has always been the most stable of the current 3 for me.
Probably since it never really needs any gamechanging mods just some graphics.
>>
>>46615805
>asks what is missing
>get told what is missing
>omg how can you mention a thing that is missing
>>
>>46615606
Wouldn't it be more destabilizing because of the sudden climate shift - or even something that brings prosperity and an economic boom due to new job opportunities and economic resources? Half the cities in Skyrim should be twice their size by that logic. Falkreath should be a booming on a lumber trade, Riften and Whiterun should be veritable breadbaskets, Dawnstar, Solitude, and Windhelm should be enjoying easier trade than they've had in years.
>>
>>46616222
>Half the cities in Skyrim should be twice their size by that logic
bla bla bla Bruma bla bla bla scale bla bla bla console RAM
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.