[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cof/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Fagness and World of Darkness General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 30

File: FAGNESS.png (37KB, 280x436px) Image search: [Google]
FAGNESS.png
37KB, 280x436px
Previous Thread: >>46080535

http://pastebin.com/gsYUFPGD
>>
chronicles of fagness
>>
>>46099157
The Pure are still terrible enemies of the Forsaken. Just cuz there's a few settings where there's a truce doesn't mean the two factions are buddy-buddy by any stretch.The Forsaken in Bristol are trapped in the city by the Pure, and anyone who leaves gets murdered outright.

Not to mention they are, if nothing else, a source of Sacred Prey for the Blood Talons that relatively few werewolves are going to raise a stink about.
>>
>>46099407
I suppose that at some point both groups are going to have to contend with Lycaon-Ur, this will not end well for anybody.
>>
Got a question for the general.
Do you guys consider werewolf regeneration as Enhanced Natural Healing or a form of Supernatural Healing?
The distinction between the two may play little part for werewolves themselves but lets say its natural healing a wolfblooded who awakens he can shrug off the resistant damage because he can heal 1 bashing a turn.

But if its supernatural healing paradox still a great risk and lets say the wolfblooded is turned into a vampires would gain great benefit of it. As vampires do not heal from wound naturally, but if its supernatural the vampire can heal without spending vitae.

I would love to hear a dev answer to the question.
>>
>>46099407
>The Pure are still terrible enemies of the Forsaken.
They're really not, there's even Forsaken+Pure packs. It's not a Camarilla/Sabbat thing.
>the Pure aren't monolithic hate-mongers without any variation. They have nuance, and regional differences, same as any tribe.

>Not to mention they are, if nothing else, a source of Sacred Prey for the Blood Talons that relatively few werewolves are going to raise a stink about.
The Pure are not a source of Sacred Prey, werewolves are. The faction doesn't matter.
>>
>Mage: the Ascension

I have a character idea in mind, but I'm not entirely sure if his paradigm fits any of the Traditions, Disparates, or if he'd be considered an Orphan. The idea is an artist (mostly painting, drawing, and sculpting) who is both classically trained and has an interest in modern/post-modern/contemporary art ideas about perception, space, and truth. If you look at the work and ideas of Picasso, Magritte, Pollock, etc., you'll see that a lot of artists could have been mages.

The PC awakens when they are painting late at night on a big canvas. Its the interior of a beautiful mansion, with lush carpeting, a grand library, gorgeous architecture, etc. The PC is sleep-deprived and isn't sure if he's dreaming or not, but actually walks into his painting and takes a nap on the couch. He dreams of shaping reality like clay and painting things into existence while he's in the painted mansion. When he wakes up he finds that if he gets "in the zone" he can paint an apple, reach into the canvas, pull out the apple, and eat it just as if he had bought it from the grocery store (Life+Prime). I've also got some idea for him treating space like an optical illusion (Correspondence), enchanting art to influence people's emotions (Mind), and painting "over" something to change what it is (Matter+Prime). Maybe even painting spirits in different ways to influence, communicate, and summon them (Spirit, obviously).

I'm thinking this artist would fit in well with the Cult of Ecstasy, using great works of art and his own work in place of drugs (at least most of the time). Could be an Orphan too, but after writing all of this out I'm thinking he'll be an Ecstatic.
>>
>>46099566
For those of you not in the know Lycaon-Ur means Devourer Wolf, given the names of the other Firstborn Wolves, this tells an awful lot about Lycaons M-O
>>
>>46099621
The name Lycaon comes from a Greek myth, Devourer Wolf is what he wants to become.
>>
>>46099682
Either way, the Lodge of the Field ( I THINK that's the one with Lycaon as it's totem, but given my knowledge of Lycaon himself, I'm prolly completely wrong.) is bad news for everybody if it gets it's end goal.
>>
File: VO9cBAM.jpg (44KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
VO9cBAM.jpg
44KB, 960x955px
>>46099571
Remember when WW whitewashed WoD and basically killed their entire franchise? they should tots do that again and end chronicles suffering already.
>>
Are there any Russian Lodges?
>>
>tfw Mummy
>>
>>46099621

There's also that one freelancer that says the Eaters of the Dead are working on beocming a proper tribe.
>>
>>46099582
>the Pure aren't monolithic hate-mongers without any variation. They have nuance, and regional differences, same as any tribe.

What's this line from? Also where is the promise of Forsaken/Pure packs coming from? I don't doubt that it's POSSIBLE but i really, really think it takes exceptional circumstances for stuff like that to happen. 2E describes the conflict between the Pure & the Forsaken as a "bloody
and brutal conflict, a guerrilla war that has been chewing up werewolves and spitting out their broken remains for millennia."
>The Pure are not a source of Sacred Prey, werewolves are. The faction doesn't matter.

Yes, but Blood Talons that hunt other Forsaken seem pretty fuckin' likely to get into a political fight with their comrades that could be easily avoided by going after werewolves that the community as a whole wouldn't really care about protecting: Ghost Wolves & the Pure(and the occasional rogue Moonie).
>>
>>46099998
Oh bloody hell
>>
>>46100041
>I don't doubt that it's POSSIBLE but i really, really think it takes exceptional circumstances for stuff like that to happen. 2E describes the conflict between the Pure & the Forsaken as a "bloody
>and brutal conflict, a guerrilla war that has been chewing up werewolves and spitting out their broken remains for millennia."
Technically, all you'd need is enough werewolves that don't give enough of a fuck about shit that supposedly happened 5000 years ago to kill people over it.
>>
>>46099998
That'd be me, and there'll be more on the Eaters of the Dead in the next Forsaken release.
>>
>>46100532

I couldn't remember your name and kept thinking it was Chad. Apologies.

Does that mean The Pack will have rules for Lodges, or is "the next Forsaken release" Dark Eras? Did you do anything for Dark Eras?
>>
>>46100260
so Ghost Wolves. the whole reason you join the Forsaken is because you feel drawn towards their whole "ancient obligation" schtick, among other things(community, mutual aid, friendship, etc.) and the Pure are there for a similar reason although their view of "ancient obligation" differs considerably.
>>
File: After_all_this_time.gif (407KB, 500x204px) Image search: [Google]
After_all_this_time.gif
407KB, 500x204px
>>46099183
>chronicles of fagness
>>
>>46100582
I can't say on whether or not the Lodge rules I've written will be in The Pack cos that's the sort important info that it's Stew's remit to reveal or not; otoh we seem to be steaming merrily forwards on production so hopefully it wont be too long before it's all out anyway. Eaters of the Dead will be expanded on in there, though.

I did write the Neolithic Era for Dark Eras. I guess that is technically the next Forsaken release, but I don't think the Eaters of the Dead are in any of the Eras there. Among other things they're really, really recent, but I could see much older versions of them still in the Eaters of the Dead Phase One stage kicking around historically.
>>
>>46100721
>the whole reason you join the Forsaken is because you feel drawn towards their whole "ancient obligation" schtick, among other things(community, mutual aid, friendship, etc.)
You might be interested in those other things mentioned, and you might buy into the idea that cleaning up and maintaining the Hisil is something you should do.

You don't necessarily need to buy into the idea that you need to kill these other guys for something their ancestors supposedly did thousands of years ago that killed your group's possibly-just-mythical father figure.

The negative consequences of an improperly-maintained Hisil on the material world are self-evident.
>>
>>46100833

Are there any new mechanics in Neolithic Werewolf? Most of the settings only have a handful of merits.
>>
So can Beast be salvaged with new books or is it in the trash pile forever as a aimless piece of shit?
>>
>>46101029

It's shit. We'll see it get fixed in 2026 with Beast 2e.
>>
>>46101093
Fuck, I wanted to be a monster dammit!
>>
>>46101124
Play literally any other gameline?
>>
>>46100876
Some mechanics for Pangaeans and the Border Marches plus a few other minor bits and pieces, but there wasn't a massive amount of word-count available.
>>
>>46101124

Changeling is your best bet for a "build your own monster" game.
>>
If Vampire is red. I Werewolf brown. What will be 2e Mage colors be? I'm having some custom d10s made
>>
>>46101140
Not Monstrous enough to be what I wanted Beast to be.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (200KB, 691x896px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
200KB, 691x896px
>>46101029
It desperately needs more bad guys, more interest in the bad guys, and less pic related.
The mechanics on Hunger are kind of neat though.
>>46101124
Deviant might be for you.
>>
>>46101146

Looking forward to it, thanks!

>>46101161
Blue/teal, same as 1e.
>>
Is VtR2e a good adaptation of Blood and Smoke compared to CofD with GMC?
>>
>>46101195
Weren't the fonts in gold?
>>
>>46101161
Probably still that turquoise color, at least for the cover.
>>
>>46101157
Maybe, it's my favourite gameline. Shame the seemings are shit now.
>>
File: 1453436322150.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1453436322150.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
God I love having soft power in games, is there anything better?
Nothing is as fun as being able to dictate to the GM to some degree what the lay of the land is. Had this conversation last session:
>So, in XYZ city there's basically no hunters because UK, can't get guns, ect, ect, so the Slasher you're hunting has gone to ground there
>Well my character has contacts there and is kind of pro-humanity, and has points in politics, could he have lightly nudged things to get them guns previously?
>Fair point, alright there's some hunters, still the local vampire court is pretty political and strangles most off.
>Know what, I got resources as well, I'll have Invested in the area, a stripend for hunters in that city, nothing will help the Vigil along like them having $500 to spread between 'em per month, maybe drop some subtle weapons their way that're a bit more powerful than legal and bribe away some of their problems
>Well, in that case the problems are mostly held to the rural areas and sewers, hidden away, hunters never take hold in any city really, but its like most cities in terms of how bad it is.
>Hmm, can I roll contacts to have previously worked out what's causing most the problems?
>Sure thing
>5 Successes
>Alright so in reality the main problem in the area is that there's a Ashwood Abbey cabal who have been trying to keep out other hunters, they work out of this big old prison and basically treat the city as their hunting ground, the sick fucks
>Roit, well then lads, I've got a crop duster we can ride in on and Chemicals in storage, we let them catch our prey, wait for them to gather up for the orgy and Jew-Camp the whole place because that city is right next to my city and fuck 'em.
>GM's face when

Damn its good to be gangster.
>>
>with Sothis Ascends and both Dark Eras, a Mummy chronicle now has canon support for 2371BCE Egypt, 910BCE Mediterranean, roughly 30BCE Egypt, 551CE Mediterranean, 1500CE West Africa, and 1910s Europe

That'd be one hell of a chronicle to run.
>>
>>46101354

2e is a lot better than I initially thought it was. David Hill cleared up a lot of my misconceptions about it.
>>
>>46101430
I'll believe that when I see it, until then the 2e seemings are shit house for me, besides for Wizened.

Kiths are fucking rad as hell though, I'll give them that.
>>
>>46099584

Yeah, it sounds like he's an Ecstatic, specifically the kind that I prefer over the stereotypical "90s raver" the group sometimes gets.

>>46101029

It'd need some Mage 1e quality sourcebooks to make that happen. It's possible, but maybe not probable.
>>
Can anyone give me ideas of what symbol in place of the 10 for a custom d10? For VtR WtF and MtAw?
>>
>>46101499

The skull for that gameline. Mage's is kinda shitty, but Vampire and Werewolf have cool ones.
>>
>>46101499
The skulls maybe?
>>
>>46101533
You think Mage 2e will improve on the skull?
>>
>>46101499
>VtR
Blood drop is the obvious one

>WtF
A skull or a fang, depending on how complex it can get

>MtAw
Atlantean rune for Making
>>
So what's your favorite CofD/WoD symbol? You know, clan signs, power logos, that sort of thing.
>>
>>46101582
>Best possible roll
>Not Perfecting
>>
>>46101686
>creates another die right there on the spot
>not Making
>>
>>46101711
>Not the Prime symbol
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 1039x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 1039x248px
I did it!
>>
So what would a Time Weaving spell be like? Weaving matter is changing its state. Does that mean I can turn seconds into minutes?
>>
>>46101377

>Ashwood Abbey
>Having any power beyond "dude weed lmao"

Man that city's all fucked up.
>>
>>46102074

That's more Perfecting-ish, I'd say.

Weaving Time is more like slightly altering the course of someone's timeline, I'd say? Enough to say that they turned / will turn left instead of right just now, but not enough to retroactively turn a girl into a boy.
>>
>>46102229

Well all you have to do for that is tell the mom to eat more veggies than meat in the past, so Weaving should cover it.
>>
>>46102229
>Weaving Time is more like slightly altering the course of someone's timeline, I'd say? Enough to say that they turned / will turn left instead of right just now, but not enough to retroactively turn a girl into a boy.
Isn't that more Fate's domain?
>>
>>46102229
Weaving Time is predictionism - you're weaving a possible future that you can then explore.

Weaving Fate decides what people will do.
>>
>>46102306
Mom's timeline doesn't get to affect theirs so easily. From the Supernal's perspective you're still radically altering someone's entire timeline, even if objectively you're making a "small change."

Same reason you can't cheat a Patterning Life spell via Weaving Life because "I'm just tweaking the genes!"

>>46102316
Fate is archetypal and deals more in chances than decisions.

Both could make someone turn left instead of right, but the reasons why they would are different. Fate makes someone turn left because you cursed them to never meet their waifu; Time makes someone turn left for more mechanical / deterministic reasons.

To be honest the Acanthus kind of blur their arcana together to the point that it's hard for me to separate the two; I really hope 2e gives them a good thrashing.
>>
Fate 2
Time 2
Mind 1
Prime 1
>>
>>46099925
Speaking of, does anybody know who's working on Mummy 2e?
>>
>>46099864
they don't tend to be a national thing
there's one that originates in the czech republic, tho
>>
>>46102421
neat, my mage is Death 3, Matter 3 and Life 3
>>
>>46100041
>What's this line from?
One of the Werewolf writers
>Also where is the promise of Forsaken/Pure packs coming from?
Other werewolf writers
> I don't doubt that it's POSSIBLE but i really, really think it takes exceptional circumstances for stuff like that to happen.
That's because you don't know much about werewolf 2e
>2E describes the conflict between the Pure & the Forsaken as a "bloody
>and brutal conflict, a guerrilla war that has been chewing up werewolves and spitting out their broken remains for millennia."
and lke every game, these things get added depth as time goes by
>>
>>46102495
You can't get that at chargen
>>
>>46102543
I've been playing for a while. He has like 70 exp.
>>
>>46102424

Mage, Promethean, Changeling, and Hunter need to come out first, and Geist and Mummy haven't rven been announced yet. Expect to wait another year or two.
>>
>>46102613
Or five considering how long it's taking for things to come out.
>>
Emma take a guess what attainments well get aside from what's been spoiled?

1 dot
Mage Sight
2 dot
Shields
Sympathies
3 dot
Summoning
Transmutations
4 dot
Advanced Shields
5 dots
????
>>
>>46102713
Second dot is shields and minor utility (sympathy for Space 2 and Time 2, etc, Conditional Duration for Fate 2, etc). Fourth dot is major utility (shit like Unfettered at Fate 4). Fifth dot is Rote creation.
>>
>>46102713
5 dots lets you turn into an arcana elemental
basically a supernal entity
>>
>>46102918
Isn't that 9 dots?
>>
Is there a point in getting CoD if I'm planning to get the 3 main supernatural books?
>>
>>46103006
9 dots lets you turn into 9 supernal gods (rank 8 each)

>>46103034
the book has some mortal stuff that isn't in the supernatural books (merits) it also has some systems for social combat, investigations and chases
it's not absolutely necessary but it could help
you might be find getting the free GMC upgrade, which has th main mechanics changes for mortals (integrity and new merits)
>>
>>46102613
I was just curious if anyone is attached to the Mummy 2e project in general or not. I have no doubts it'll take forever, sadly :(
>>
>>46103112
Free GMC upgrade?
>>
Gauru vs Protean Beast fight. How epic or violent will it be?
>>
>>46103034
You'll want it for the monster creation rules if nothing else.
>>
>>46103183

Mummy is CAS's baby; I doubt he'd let anyone else touch it, though DaveB and The Gentleman Gamer are writing Dark Eras content for it.

I wish CAS talked to the outside world.
>>
>>46103186
its on drivethrurpg under god machine rules update
>>
>>46103228
Pretty much every Gauru fight will be exceedingly violent, but what you describe as "epic" is up to you.
>>
>>46103228
whats a protean beast?
>>
>>46103263
They've all had multiple writers, CAS is just the dev who doesn't want it linked to the other games
>>
File: awoooooo.webm (826KB, 584x562px) Image search: [Google]
awoooooo.webm
826KB, 584x562px
>>46103228
Who says they'll fight?
>>
Hallow 3
True Friend(Lover) 3
Mentor 2
Multilingual 1
Patient 1
>>
File: 1456726820178.png (245KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456726820178.png
245KB, 400x480px
>>46103734
>True Friend(Lover) 3
Can I take this merit multiple times?
>>
>>46103751
That's just the dot cost, I assume that that's to ensure the GM can't up and kill is mentor.
>>
>>46103807
The mentor isn't the same person as the hubby.
>>
>>46103856
I'd change that.
Have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>46103734
>not taking Cult 10 and nothing else

you're shit at min-maxing
>>
>tfw you can't have a chronicle that incorporates the mysticism of sexuality without it being called magical realm
>tfw you can't have a politics-heavy chronicle that understandably uses romance and sexuality heavily without it being called magical realm
>>
>>46104174
How old is your group?
>>
>>46103734
True Friend was Mentor 's guide in locating ancient sunken village with hallow. True friend found PC hibernating by the Hallow. PC awakens after centuries of sleep caused by Awakening. Mentor teaches PC how to mage and teaches her English. PC helps mentor with translation of her people's language and research. True Friend teaches her to adapt to modern fishing village life and his own language. Eventually get married. PC housewife and fisherman. True friend now archaeological assistant of Mentor.
>>
>>46104188
Oh, it's THAT character.
>>
What's best werewolf tribe?
>>
Wolfblooded is a minor template and Vampire is a major template. Gaining a major template causes you to lose any minor template you possess (along with any powers they granted).

So your hypothetical wolfblood will lose his healing ability as soon as he was Embraced.
>>
>>46104323
should link to >>46099577
>>
Where do I find a Mummy group?
>>
>>46104323
IIRC, Dave has stated that the only Major/Minor template crossover that works is Wolf Blooded + Awakened.
>>
File: tumblr_nqf0fzJVqd1sb0eh1o9_540.png (148KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nqf0fzJVqd1sb0eh1o9_540.png
148KB, 512x512px
>>46104363
>mfw Wolf Blooded Thrysus
>>
File: 1458352204950.png (412KB, 666x1145px) Image search: [Google]
1458352204950.png
412KB, 666x1145px
>>46104258
Bone Shadows.

>>46104323
You don't lose wolf-blooded Tells when you gain a major template (except Werewolf, ironically)

but in this situation the tell gives healing, which a vampire doesn't do, so they wouldn't get the power of that tell
>>
File: ch-ch-ch-changes.png (75KB, 563x377px) Image search: [Google]
ch-ch-ch-changes.png
75KB, 563x377px
>>46104363
Nah wolf-blood tells transcend all major templates
>>
File: 1441159429059.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441159429059.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>46104537
BON VOYAGE MEDIA GOBLIN!
>>
>>46104358

I think I already know the answer but I am compelled to ask: do you have friends who would be interested in Mummy?
>>
Be awkward and shy heir of big pharmacy company. Only wants to tend to his flower garden. Meet sweet woman who understands his pain. She is daughter of President of prestigious company. She helps with tending the garden. Slowly fall for her. Muster up courage to confess. Finds out she eloped with young chauffeur. Become extremely bitter and distrustful of others especially women. Throw away passion for flowers and become ruthless businessman as father would if wanted. Exploits are noticed by refined Ventrue lady. Accepts offer for power and immortal life. Becomes vampire. Use lies and deception to rise to power in the All night society. Become Prince' Senescal.Be obsessed with Prince beauty and ruthlessness. Become sycophant and treat Prince as the most beautiful Rose to be primmed and pruned to perfection. Find out all crush died in an accident with lover. Left their 13 year old daughter to my care because I'm the only one she can trust. Acquire Herd 1
>>
>>46104593
So it seems more of a roleplaying thing less than an attempt to avoid power imbalance.
>>
>>46104625
If this doesn't end with a vampire loli then you need to leave.
>>
>>46104678
well the tell tends to be a part of you, like a third nipple that leaks essence, or being fuck ugly
they're more than merits
they're part of your body/soul that wouldn't go away just by your soul changing
>>
>>46104625
Cont

Acquired Retainer 5 Vampire Hunter. Have his cell under grip. Retainer pities Herd girl situation but cannot act. On her 16th birthday plan to embrace her as a true daughter
>>
>>46104618

Do you think I'd be here if I had friends?
>>
damn, eskimo, did hunter get anything out of this dark era bookvote thing?
>>
>>46104850

Salem Witch Trials got additional wordcount from a backer (adding Native American characters) and the 1600s Japan era is Hunter as well.
>>
>>46104781
DO IT NAO FAGGOT!1!
VAMPIRE LOLI IS BEST
>>
>>46104886
sounds awful
>>
>>46104826

Yes. No one ever escapes this place.
>>
>>46104886
I can't believe someone was so uptight about First Nations people getting fair treatment that they paid for it to be shoved a book.
>>
>>46104850
There's actually like half again as many additional sections getting made. The Companion is like eight eras.

>>46104994
I can't believe someone was so uptight about a backer wanting to know more about First Nations supernatural stuff that they complained about someone else spending money on raising the wordcount.
>>
>>46104994

I think it was more "hey, maybe the natives learned to deal with monsters themselves in the hundreds of years before Europeans showed up."

What, do you /not/ want more content?
>>
>>46105043
>What, do you /not/ want more content?
I want worthwhile content.
>>
>>46104174
>tfw you don't know whether or not you could get away with either of these because you're too anxious to ask the group how they'd feel

>tfw the one time you tried with a group partially made of /tg/ peeps the ST sounded kind of judgey when he saw your aspiration that was just 'have sex with someone'
>>
>>46104886
>First Nations compact or conspiracy. Personally, I’d prefer the former, but either could workable so I’ll leave that up to you guys. This should have no ties to any European Nation or Tradition and completely be the product of Native American culture and agency.

>bit of an outline of the Native American Nations near Salam at this time, how hunters used to operate in them, and how the combination of European intrusion and Metacom’s War has impacted their efforts. I had the Wampanoag and Pequot Nations pegged as being possible groups to focus on, but again, this is left to you discretion.
>While its a bit further afield from Salam, Mi’kmaq Nation does get mentioned briefly in Doubting Souls. Given that I am Canadian and my family is from Nova Scotia, I’d love to see something about them in this time period and their Hunters.

>Finally, I had (what I think is) a really cool idea for a small crossover. If there is space, I would like to include a brief bit about First Nations Prometheans. The key here is that these Prometheans have no ties whatsoever to anyone other than Native cultures, unless they have interacted with Europeans. They formed in North American, their demiurges were from the First Nation, and they understand their pilgrimages in cultural terms of those Nations rather than in the traditional alchemical terms of Europe. If possible, tying these Prometheans to the Mi’qmak would be appreciated. I think this could survive with a paragraph to a half-page, so it may be sidebar material, but if you think there’s something worth expanding and everything else is knocked off, go for it!
>>
>>46105069

What isn't worthwhile about new playable compacts and conspiracies?
>>
>>46105104
>your aspiration that was just 'have sex with someone'

That's pathetic. I would've laughed at you.
>>
>>46104886

Backers also added more wordcount to Hellenistic Mage, WW1 Mummy, and Neolithic Mage.
>>
>>46100794
>Alan Rickman
It still hurts, dammit.
>>
>>46105141
By the time of the Dark Era, the Naumkeag people who lived in the Salem area hadbeen wiped out by plague and combat.

There weren't many indians around there, and we didn't even get that much information about the hunters in the base Salem section.

It seems like forcing First Nation people in there is unnecessary and solely because someone who doesn't know much about them thought they needed to be represented because social justice.
>>
>>46105247

But consider this; we'll now have new groups to use in the modern day!
>>
>>46105167
It's the driving motivation behind some of the best movies ever made.

It's a fine aspiration, you have 2 more slots to be serious
>>
File: 1458300276225.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458300276225.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>46105288
except we won't, because they're fucking dead
>>
>>46105247
Or maybe they just thought "native american monster hunters? That sounds cool as heck, I want that in there."

Or wait, no, it has to be the SJW boogeymen! Nobody could possibly have other reasons for wanting non-white-european stuff in their game!
>>
>>46105247
I want to see Native American Hunters. It sounds cool.
>>
>>46105325

I wasn't aware Native Americans didn't exist anymore.

Even if the specific group dies off, we can still use their rules. There's even precedent in Hunter for this with the Aves Minerva giving blood magic to the Cainite Heresy.
>>
>>46105167
to be fair, that wasn't literally what it said
the intent behind it was to find someone who had an aspiration that would be fulfilled by having sex with my dude, that way they'd both get something out of it
>>46105295
My other 2 iirc were 'take out a serial killer' and 'go camping with my best friend'
>>
>>46105410
>have sex with someone
>go camping with my best friend

You could kill two birds with one stone there, anon...
>>
>>46105365
Kind of varies IRL and in the game, I'm sure. There are a fair amount where I live, but in the major population and economic center valley an hour away, the original indigenous people are all gone.

There might be some people of native descent living there, but it's a tiny amount, and immigrants. There are far more African Americans, and even Asians.
>>
>>46105352
>Or wait, no, it has to be the SJW boogeymen! Nobody could possibly have other reasons for wanting non-white-european stuff in their game!
you can't really claim the SJW is aboogeyman anymore
when there's people who are clearly, publicly social justice warriors
http://proud-sjw.tumblr.com/

the point is that there's, like 16 eras or something, and more words could be used for any of them
sekhem sorcerers, demons in aztec era, psychics in whenever
first nations is so locale (even if you did say they survived to modern times, it would practically have to be a regional thing, a north american regional thing), so forced (the area didn't have many native peoples), and so ilfitting (the salem era is about the witch trials and aftereffects)

>>46105410
>My other 2 iirc were 'take out a serial killer' and 'go camping with my best friend'
if they're a hunter that's cool
>>
>>46105365
>I wasn't aware Native Americans didn't exist anymore.
You are aware of how rare they are, tho, right?
>Even if the specific group dies off, we can still use their rules. There's even precedent in Hunter for this with the Aves Minerva giving blood magic to the Cainite Heresy.
You could say this for everything. Why not have African slave compacts? There were slaves in Salem, probably as many First Nation people at the time.
>>
File: 1456685626662.jpg (307KB, 912x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456685626662.jpg
307KB, 912x1000px
How do you Tzimisce?
>>
>>46105558
Yes, the existence of weirdos on tumblr TOTALLY proves that there's masses of zealous wackjobs trying to ruin YOUR SPECIFIC HOBBY. That's totally a sane thing to think, and not at all a sign of sad, deluded persecution fantasies.
>>
WoD/CofDGen I'm so fucking hype for my VtM game tomorrow!

Also my pathfinder GM is converting pathfinder races and classes over to Storyteller on a sorta XY splat type basis. Its not horrible looking and I'm interested to see how it works (thankfully she's self aware enough that if we don't think it'll work for us and we don't think we can fix it, we'll go back to pathfinder. GM is a doll and I trust the hell out of her even if I have to hesitate a second sometimes)
>>
>>46105706
>Yes, the existence of weirdos on tumblr TOTALLY proves that there's masses of zealous wackjobs trying to ruin YOUR SPECIFIC HOBBY. That's totally a sane thing to think, and not at all a sign of sad, deluded persecution fantasies.
i didn't say there was masses (what? you thnk it was crowdfunded for crodwfunding?), or even that they were trying to ruin my hobby. I said there was one person uptight about it and ignorantly tried to do the SJW thing.

you do seem like a weirdo zealous wackjob, though especially with your projection about persecution fantasies.
>>
>>46105769
Relax and ignore them, Amy gets ranty when SJWs are mentioned.
>>
>>46105690
How to Tzimisce:

First, decide if you are a masochist or not. If yes, attempt to keep high humanity and hate your Sire.

Second, proceed to use Vicissitude to solve every problem you have.

Third, make pets. Animals, humans, doesn't matter, just that they are pets and they are adorable and yours. Even if you are high humanity.

Fourth, don't ghoul someone unless they have some sort of Vicissitude alteration. Preferably before ghouling, but you can add it after if that is not as possible or you are high humanity.

Last, have some fun with it. Don't just go "Lol I'm an ayy lamo the vampire", make your own idea of how your Tzimisce looks fucked up. Originality, unless you are trying to not get caught by the rest of Vampire society.
>>
File: rip.jpg (67KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
67KB, 500x550px
RIP & Tear in Peace, Fallen Wolf-Buddy.
>>
>>46105558
I bet you believe in the Frankfurt School Conspiracy.

>the point is that there's, like 16 eras or something, and more words could be used for any of them
And when you pay for a Kickstarter reward, the thing you like can get more words.

Also, fuck that fucking TERF. God I fucking hate TERFs, giving feminism and social justice a bad name.
>>
>>46104886
>Salem Witch Trials
>Hunter

This feels... like, maybe one or two steps above a supplement about playing the SS in a Holocaust setting.
>>
>>46099584
An Ecstatic/Sahajiya could go quite well with your ideas. I'm thinking essentially Isaac Mendez from Heroes, what with the drugs for inspiration and such as well as the oracular powers of sorts. You'll be doing the obvious "Painting the future" (Time) thing.
>>
>>46105981
>Also, fuck that fucking TERF. God I fucking hate TERFs, giving feminism and social justice a bad name.
Yeah no true Scotsmen them.
>>
>>46105999
Technically it takes place after the Salem Witch Trials, in the fallout. The Knight guys, from Witch Finders, are sort of acting like secret police over the rest of the hunters.
>>
>>46106041
Not that guy, but they are, unfortunately, feminists. They do, because of that, give feminists a bad name.
>>
>>46106066
Well, I suppose I'd be fine with it so long as A. the atrocity is acknowledged, and B. I can kick those Sleeper Scelesti's asses all the way to hell.
>>
>>46105365
I want a Conspiracy that spanned the Americas secretly fighting monsters and demons that was nearly wiped out by the American plague and survived at least until Salem, living among the Colonial population and inducting whites to restore their ranks.

>yfw in addition to Guns, Germs, and Steel, Cortez made a deal with dark Aztec Gods and spread a plague across the Americas.
Double awesome would be if the Aztec era played into that, and we pick up a few generations later in Salem.

Goddamnit I know that won't happen and now I'm disappointed.

>>46105999
Don't worry, it was actually about vampires.

>>46106041
What >>46106073 said, and also that's not how the No True Scotsman thing works. I mean, let's set aside that you could at the very least argue that they're not *my* kind of feminism (which is the more queer/male inclusive third wave, with strong sex+ aspects)...
I said "they give feminism and social justice a bad name". Just like, for instance, the kind of nerd who bullies other people for not being as familiar with obscure trivia gives nerds a bad name, or That Guy gives roleplayers a bad name.

By ignoring the intersectionality of people who need feminism and equality, and actively working against their inclusion, TERFs are the That Guys of social justice.
>>
>>46106117
>Well, I suppose I'd be fine with it so long as A. the atrocity is acknowledged, and B. I can kick those Sleeper Scelesti's asses all the way to hell.
It's a bit too late for your feelings to matter. You can check it out on the ks page and see if you're fine with it or not there
>>
>>46106177
>By ignoring the intersectionality of people who need feminism and equality, and actively working against their inclusion, TERFs are the That Guys of social justice.
That's implying that SJWs are not the That Guys of social justice
>>
>>46106177
>Don't worry, it was actually about vampires.
That doesn't help.
>>
>>46106238
I know, that was sarcasm.

>>46106220
That would be true if "SJW" wasn't code for "anyone to the left of me who vocally wants change".
>>
>>46106300
Although you can also argue that "That Guy" is code for "anyone in roleplaying games that does things I don't like"
>>
>>46106220
From what I can gather from the context (I've never seen the term before), I think, "TERF," is tumblr-speak for, "SJW."
>>
>>46106300
>That would be true if "SJW" wasn't code for "anyone to the left of me who vocally wants change".
I always thought it was more about being pretentious and loud while also being ignorant and biased, but not really doing anything to promote change.
>>
>>46106300
>That would be true if "SJW" wasn't code for "anyone to the left of me who vocally wants change".
So they're the Trumps of the left?
>>
I'm so glad people are intelligent in these threads.
>>
>>46106391
To be fair, it doesn't take much to poke holes in the SJW agenda.

And folks like this >>46105706
>Yes, the existence of weirdos on tumblr TOTALLY proves that there's masses of zealous wackjobs trying to ruin YOUR SPECIFIC HOBBY. That's totally a sane thing to think, and not at all a sign of sad, deluded persecution fantasies.
Aren't exactly the brains of 4chan.
>>
File: almost knowledgable.jpg (89KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
almost knowledgable.jpg
89KB, 500x281px
>>46106335

Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist, IE feminist so extreme even Tumblr won't defend them.
>>
>>46106463
>feminist so extreme even Tumblr won't defend them.
So it's tumblr-speak for, "SJW."
>>
>>46106430
Wow. You... you really think that I wasn't talking about both sides here?

You really, really didn't think that I was sad about the fact that both of you fuckers, because I refuse to believe that its more than 2, 4 tops, besides me that are actually talking in here about this topic despite it being a complete shitshow?

Thats honestly a little hilarious.
>>
>>46106482

Sort of? I'd argue that the Tumblr equivalent of SJW is probably MRA, because they tend to reserve TERF for people who actually use the label themselves, but mindlessly slap MRA onto anyone they disagree with, in the same way people do with SJW.
>>
ITS A FUCKING GAME ITS SUPPOSED TO BE ESCAPISM DON'T FUCKING USE THAT ELEMENT IF IT DOESN'T APPLY TO YOU OR YOUR'S EXPERIENCE YOU WISH TO ESCAPE TO
>>
File: Encyclopedic Knowledge.png (204KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Encyclopedic Knowledge.png
204KB, 500x280px
>>46106335
TERF stands for Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminists. They believe that gender dysphoria is a conspiracy to destroy femininity, or something to that effect. As you can tell from the fact that their identifying brand-name is *literally* about exclusion, they're horrible people.
Ironically they're completely okay with transmen.

>>46106386
Trump isn't technically Conservative? I mean, his platform is actually pretty Populist, it's just also completely fascist and plays on white nationalist fears and the unfamiliarity the average disenfranchised blue collar worker has with politics. Trump is essentially the evil Bernie Sanders, except that Trump encourages violence and bigotry and fascism and pretty much every liberal change he's said he'll make is a bold faced lie. But for some reason people believe the man who ships jobs to China will force companies to stay in America.
The Conservative Republican base actually *hates* him, mostly because even they realize he's crazy as fuck all.

>>46106430
Again, I bet you believe there's a "Cultural Marxist" conspiracy.

>>46106463
Well, Tumblr isn't actually one group, so unfortunately people do defend them. Also, WoD Filename time?
>>
>>46105974
your photoshop skills need some serious work
and there's nothing to say rip about
>Stiles is still alive
>Show has been renewed for a sixth season
>>
>>46106594

TERFs defend TERFs, and that's really about it. It's kind of like neonazis- yeah, you can find someone who will defend that ideology, but only because they're secretly a neonazi. Atleast, in my experience.
>>
>>46106594
>They believe that gender dysphoria is a conspiracy to destroy femininity, or something to that effect. As you can tell from the fact that their identifying brand-name is *literally* about exclusion, they're horrible people.
So it means the same thing as, "SJWs."
>>
>>46105352
> Thinking non-white-european stuff is interesting or worthwhile.
Get a load of this cuck.
>>
>>46106594
>Trump isn't technically Conservative?
No, basically because you're loudmouthed ignorants who want to get your own way without any concept of a broader picture and think everyone who stands against you is some sort of stereotypical "That Guy"

>Again, I bet you believe there's a "Cultural Marxist" conspiracy.
You'd be wrong, but has that ever stopped you?
>>
>>46106335
>>46106463
TERFs are explicitly "those filthy fucking trannies are just MEN trying to invade our sacred WOMAN-ONLY SPACES with their RAPE DICKS" feminists.

In TERF doctrine, Transwomen are Men, and Men are The Enemy.

And Transmen are gender traitors, obviously.

They're explicitly about trans hate.
>>
>>46106636
You are as dense as lead.
>>
>>46106605
The actor was in a horrible accident while filming a new movie in the Maze Runner franchise.
>>
>>46106666
Can you explain how any of what has been said about them in this thread makes them not-SJWs?
>>
>>46106636
I've seen more trans people get called SJW than any other group.

>>46106657
You certainly seem to believe there's an SJW conspiracy. Go run off and watch Sargon and let the rest of us enjoy our Iroquois demon hunters.

>>46106662
Sometimes transmen are gender traitors. Sometimes not.

>>46106703
They're "SJWs" because "SJW" means "anyone vocally to the left of me with views I disagree with"
>>
>>46106703

It isn't used that way. Are you not capable of understanding that SJW is a label used for general groups, and TERF is a very specific label usually taken on intentionally by the adherents of its ideology.
>>
>>46106703
Okay, so, SJW. Its a phrase that stands for Social Justice Warrior. Generally, this is a term thrown around at people, tumblr on the internet, as an attempt to say "A person who is making mountains out of mole hills" in the context of social issues, generally ones with a progressive tinting to them. It doesn't matter if you believe its progressive or not, just that society labels it as such.

A TERF would essentially be someone who goes into said SJW camp and goes "Hey, yeah, but fuck those niggers, right?"

Replace niggers with trannies and men
>>
>>46106740

I wouldn't say there's a conspiracy, and if there was it definitely wouldn't hit TG content, but they cultural marxists(which is a valid description of them) are actively invading other people's spaces in the name of "PC". I mean, the only evidence we need that these people aren't really fans of the media they critique are the terrible sales figures of the Lady Thor comics in context with the massive feminist support.
>>
>>46106740
>>46106746
>>46106775

So they're the subset of SJWs that are against trans people, and there is a subset that is in favor of them?
>>
>>46106821

well yeah. SJW is not a monolith.
>>
>>46106804
>"I don't believe in a Cultural Marxist conspiracy"
>Cultural Marxist is a good definition of them

So does anyone else think my American Conspiracy would be an awesome idea? Conspiracy of indigenous demon hunters that was decimated by the great American Plague?

For reference of what I mean about the American Plague:
https://youtu.be/JEYh5WACqEk
>>
>>46104886
>adding Native American characters
>Native American characters
Disaster awaits.
There is no appeasing the "progressive" crowd. Don't force attention to minorities: you're a racist ethnocentric pig. Devote 5000+ words specifically to minorities in the setting: you're a racist ethnocentric pig exploiting stereotypes and misappropriating culture for profit.
>>
>>46106821
In the same way that the KKK are a subset of white people, yes
>>
>>46106850
It would require an indigenous demon cult. Demons don't just pop out of nowhere.
>>
>>46106850

different person, genius. I'm the one who said it was a generally good definition. Pretty sure they actually actively talk about the positives of marxism, and it fits with the class warfare shit they go on about.
>>
>>46106888
I'm pretty sure all white people are representative of the KKK.

Even in the argument about native Americans, no one wanted the African slaves (who happened to be hunters).
>>
>>46106846
Well not literally a wall of rock, but I kind of thought they all agreed with each other. Isn't that sort of the point?
>>46106888
They are (unless there's a non-white member of the KKK, but that would be somebody who seriously needs to re-evaluate their life). A subset is a set that consists only of members of the superset.
>>
I hate you cunts. You fuckers dragged me into your stupidity. I have wallowed in the shit and now I am off to take a shower. And by shower I mean sit patiently on the hype train till I get to play my Games tomorrow.

You fuckers are the reason its so hard to find a WoD game. Because you can't fucking stop shitting all over it.

At least I got quads.
>>
>>46106959
Go away, Amy.
>>
>>46106988
I'M NOT EVEN THIS AMY PERSON. CALL ME SHADA IF YOU GOTTA CALL ME SOMETHING
>>
>>46107004

whatever, Amy.
>>
>>46106902
They don't? I mean, for one, isn't the God-Machine capable of creating Infrastructure (say, to create angels that might later Fall) without human intervention when It feels like it? I mean, It usually won't since human labor and infrastructure is such a nice launching point, but still.
>>
>>46107026
FUCK YOU

I JUST WANTED TO TALK ABOUT CHARACTERS AND SHIT

AMY
>>
>>46106902
Says who? Also, there were plenty of pre-plague people who could worship demons and then get Huntered.

>>46106911
That's not really what Cultural Marxism is.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism
>Second, much more commonly, "Cultural Marxism" is used as a snarl word by reactionaries to red-bait anyone with progressive tendencies. The term alludes to a conspiracy theory in which sinister left-wingers in media, academia, and science are engaged in a decades-long plot to undermine Western culture. Perhaps with some "Sexual Bolshevism" thrown in for good measure.

>>46106938
No. SJW is just a pejorative term for any leftist political thought. It doesn't really *mean* anything. You can call yourself an SJW, but that's like calling yourself a feminist or egalitarian or men's rights activist or Marxist or Libertarian or anything else. Most often, though, it means "anything to the left of /pol/"

>>46107026
>>46106988
>>46107032
>Implying Amy wouldn't be considered an SJW.
She was an OPP writer for shit sake :V
>>
File: stop don't come back.gif (499KB, 245x170px) Image search: [Google]
stop don't come back.gif
499KB, 245x170px
>>46107032

I thought you were leaving, Amy?
>>
>>46107029
Why wouldn't the demons and angels take advantage of the huge civilization already there? There were plenty of places for Infrastructure, entire nations and cities and trade routes among the Native Americans.

Or is this just your version of Kindred of the East, where the West is this super special place?
>>
>>46107065
Amy left a long time ago.

No dreams, only nightmares.
>>
Vicissitude sounds like the coolest power in any game ever. Sadly I'm playing nwod, is there a way to use not-Vicissitude? I was thinking a Mage with Life magic.
>>
>>46107080
Protean Devotions.

Be the best there ever ways.

Also, a certain someone is almost certain to link a certain thing within moments
>>
>>46107079
I'm actually worried she might be dead. She went around asking for money on skype and then just sort of fell off the map.
>>
>>46107042

>talking about SJWs/Feminism
>using a heavily SJW/Feminist slanted source

Good to know we don't need to worry about you winning a debate, buddy. When people say "cultural marxists", they are comparing the oppression arguments from feminists to marxist discussions of classism. Your greentext should tell you how slanted rational wiki is- it isn't describing how the phrase is used by its proponents, it is describing how the author(s) believe it is used/want people to interpret it. It's very clearly propaganda.
>>
>>46107111
Someone gave it to her, she's fine, just plays video games all day.
>>
>>46107074
I'm not the person with the conspiracy, I'm just commenting. It does seem unlikely It would fail to take advantage of mundane infrastructure but the God-Machine works in mysterious ways and it struck me as odd to say demons in general existing requires a cult when that's sort of optional for the G-M kind.
>>
>>46107111
huh, I honestly didn't even know Amy was an OP/WW writer till a post ago.

Hope she's alright. I mean, people dying is never good. Maybe she'll just needed to get the fuck away. I mean thats exactly how I feel right now
>>
File: illinois.gif (207KB, 747x447px) Image search: [Google]
illinois.gif
207KB, 747x447px
>>46107149
Since you said demon with a lowercase d I figured you meant demon raaar, of the Inferno. Not Demon hold my calls of the God Machine.

GM Demon hunters are just so lame.
>>
>>46107157
She got fired.

Go away, Amy.
>>
>>46107080
Prometheans get a lot of body horror shenanigans among their transmutations, you'll probably want to go full Centimanus to get the full effect though and then even less people will ever want to interact you.
>>
>>46107185
No, I'm gonna stay till you call me Shada, spank me and suck my dick
>>
>>46107111
Amy is dead and Mage 2e is cancelled.
>>
File: Viccissitude.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Viccissitude.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>46107111
>>46107079
>>46107157
She's fine. She's back to writing for Catalyst and trying to make Technomancers not shit. I talk to her on Facebook a few times.
She sort of... stopped liking WoD. I can't really blame her, I bet it'd hurt to play any of their games.

She might come back again to hype us about Promethean, since she wrote for that, like she did for C20. Also she's still friends with Matt and David.

>>46107080
>>46107093
I was making some Protean Devotion based viccissitude. Here's a pdf. This is from that thing Chris critiqued. I still need to get around to rewriting the actual bulk of the Bloodline, though.

>>46107124
No one cares.

>>46107172
>>46107149
I meant like Inferno Demons.
>>
>>46107220
Huh. I wonder if she deleted me from her skype contacts because I couldn't give her money (I was actually homeless at the time) or just because we almost never talked.
>>
>>46107220

you're the one who started arguing with me, dumbass.
>>
>>46107220
What are these sub shop nightmares that keep you from working?
>>
>>46106740
I actually quite like Sargoons videos, it's nice to see the world through someone elses eyes.
>>
Why is it that all good WoD campaigns feature the International House of Pancakes?
>>
>>46107398
A crazy person's eyes.
>>
>>46107441
Because everyone loves pancakes? Or maybe because of pancake witches?
>>
>>46107471
The Malkavians are used as seers for a reason.
>>
>>46107441
For some reason I am very amused by the image of a coterie of vampires sitting in an IHOP at night, discussing very serious plans over, but not actually eating, delicious pancakes.
>>
What are some good VtM modules? I already read all the VtR ones (or at least all the SAS ones, if there are more i'd love to know about them).
>>
>>46107619
I honestly think that one of them would have the merit or whatever that lets them 'eat' food, only to throw it up a hour or so later. Ya know, make it slightly less weird as one of them has to eat pancakes that taste like ashes so they don't look -to- weird.
>>
>>46107727
What if a vampire had a pet dog that they took with them everywhere and they kept up the pretense of eating by surreptitiously feeding it under the table like a small child getting rid of unwanted vegetables.
>>
>>46107619
It's a very amusing image indeed.

I've been reading through DaveB's old actual-play threads and noticed that the restaurant comes up multiple times. It only struck me because the best game I've ever personally run was a Geist campaign that kicked off with three Sin-Eaters meeting in an IHOP.

Weird coincidence, I guess.
>>
>>46107911
>three Sin-Eaters meeting in an IHOP.
It's the modern version of, "You all meet in a tavern."
>>
>>46107911

IHOP is a lot like a Waffle House and Denny's in that they're casual eating places that are usually open late. If you're ever going to run into any weird shit, it'd be at those places.
>>
>>46102074
>Time Weave
>character goes into dream state, longer the dream state the longer the weave, higher anomaly chance
>make decisions beforehand
>character can't remember anything to accomplish the weave
>instincts and gut feelings guide the way

muh time spells OP
>>
>>46107899
Yeah that's a good alternative, personally i'd ghoul the dog so it'd stay healthy with all that junk getting put in it... Then again it wouldn't be that hard to find food fit for a dog, though depending on the size of the dog the vampire might be taking home a lot of unfinished meals.
>>
>>46099848
When was that?
>>
>>46103980
That ain't a thing in CofD.
>>
>>46107973
I was going to say that, in all fairness, they had met previously when a more experienced Sin-Eater NPC contacted them shortly after their first becoming Bound—but then I remembered he had had them all meet up in a bar...

Unconsciously channeling D&D tropes, maybe?

>>46107988
True that. I purposely picked IHOP because it felt like a location that I could make feel suitably "surreal," in keeping with some of the themes of the campaign.
>>
>>46108204

It is in Mummy, though I think technically it's more like Cult (Reach) 4, Cult (Grasp) 4, with maybe a few extra dots to be Blaise and whatever cult-core only benefit you get.
>>
>>46107619
There is one of them that is eating, and people are getting annoyed because he's eating more than he's talking.

This is why Ordo Dracul is the best Covenant.
>>
>>46108298
Yeah, sure. But considering they had taken Hallow 3, I'd kind of assume they weren't a Mummy.
>>
>>46108368

Good point, I missed that. Whoops.
>>
>>46108338
Because science!!!
>>
>>46099577
Not even one answer to the question. A bit disappointed in that.
>>
>>46108424
no, because they can enjoy the little things in life.

Like roasting smores in front of a bonfire and eating them afterwords
>>
>>46108506
>>
So in GMC, if a Locus isn't a thing, how do spirits feed on essence now? Do they just look for a resonant condition in the mortal world, and in the Shadow laze around and nap?
>>
>>46109551

Locuses are things, but resonant conditions are far easier to get at and far more useful long-term. A Locus is a steady supply of food (that everyone's going to be wanting to stab you for), but a resonant location/person is a supply of food, a foothold in the material world, and potentially an ally.
>>
>>46109597
So what page in GMC is the part about food on? As far as I can tell they're just a way through the gauntlet again, instead of food.
>>
>>46109683

It isn't mentioned in GMC because it's not relevant to mortal PCs, mostly.

Werewolf 2e mentions the locus feeding, though, because they actually care about it being a thing.
>>
>>46109683
Page 219, final dot point of discussing the gaining of Essence. Spirits near an appropriate source of Essence can make a Power + Finesse test, gaining its successes in Essence.

So if you have a Resonant location, you only bleed 1 Essence per day (if you stay by it), and each day you get 1 Essence for being next to it, and can make a Power + Finesse test to garner additional Essence.
>>
>>46109551
>if a Locus isn't a thing
What makes you think they are gone?
>>
>>46109812
Because they were mentioned about 4 times and not in any conjuction with essence feeding in GMC?
>>
>>46109829
>Mention 4 times
>They don't exist
That's 4 times too many for that
>>
So if I wanted to make a fire spirit that, during a massive forest fire, devoured other fire spirits and tree spirits, would it be unreasonable for it to gain ranks and hold influence over trees and fires? Or would that create a magath, which isn't my desire? Thinking of going for a 'regenerative' kinda thing, the whole natural order of forest fires an that shit.
>>
>>46109889
trees & fire are symbolically inimicable to one another so yes that would be a magath. If you wanted it to hold influence over "renewal," "rebirth," "healing," "purification," etc. that would work perfectly fine for a greater spirit of fire.
>>
>>46109889
Congratulations, you've now got a Forest Fire spirit.

It has influence over Trees and Fire.
Unlike Magath (like that poor Chicken/Rape/Loneliness/schadenfreude one), its purview actually makes sense.

Looks like there's going to be an uptake in Forest Fires now that this guy's on the scene.
>>
>>46109905
How Greater? would rank three be enough or is that to low?
>>
>>46109921

Chicken/rape? Where the fuck did that come from, some creepy back country farm?
>>
>>46109938
Nope, one super hungry Chicken spirit was starving and ate a Rape spirit.
>>
>>46109961
That sounds like material for a, probably short, story time to me.
>>
>>46109922
IIRC correctly you can sacrifice some numina slots for more dots in influence so it could be as low as rank 2 but three is fine.
>>46109921
I didn't consider this at all but yes it could conceivably also not be a magath at all.
>>
>>46109989
Not much of a story to tell.

Players are trying to avoid drawing attention to a location in a city, but a Magath's been tearing the twilight a new asshole, and with the local Werewolves a complete fucking mess, it falls to them to sort it out before eyes start turning their way.

Turns out to look like some sort of horrifying monstrous semi-humanoid chicken monstrosity.
>>
>>46110016
Honestly I imagined a cross between Mara from SMT and Foghorn Leghorn
>>
>>46109829
My apologies, anon. I assumed you were not retarded and that you'd take the context into account, and not the missing two words.
>>
>>46105354
>It sounds cool.
>"Mother says you don't belong here...Father says you are ugly."

Best quote for them.
>>
>>46110311
>"I ain't gonna bind or banish you old ghost. I'm just gonna kick your ass up between your ears."
>>
>>46110362
I love everything about Injun Joe.
>>
How does one roll Clash of Wills with the psychic merits?
>>
>>46111357
Dots in the merit only, since they have no supernatural tolerance.

Another reason everyone should become a skinchanger on top of whatever else they have
>>
>>46107899
Most adorable monster ever
>>
File: 1448136094081.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1448136094081.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>46105228
>>
>>46112885
I like to think Alan actually Awakened as a Moros.
>>
>>46108592
As a vampire, my answers to that are:

1. Yes. It'll hurt, but if I care that much, it'll be worth it. Much like a hangover, I suppose.
2. Yes, and in fact, I can know it much more easily.
3. Theoretically, if I drink the blood of the already-pissed, though I've never liked alcohol anyway.
>>
>>46105228
Alan Rickman was a great actor, but I hated him as Snape, mostly because he was about thirty years too old for the role.
>>
File: tumblr_o0y7r5QNC71sv7dkco1_500.gif (106KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0y7r5QNC71sv7dkco1_500.gif
106KB, 500x347px
>>46113008

Remember...
>>
>>46113134
The teleporter in that was a perfect example of "Why you don't use Space to teleport Sleepers."
>>
>>46113198

No, it was an example what happens when you Reach with Space beyond your skill, and a reminder that when you do, why you should always contain the Paradox.
>>
>>46113305
Otherwise the thing you are transporting will turn inside out in transit, and once it arrives at it's destination then it'll explode. Got it.
>>
>>46106677
>>46105974
Non life threatening, according to everything I've read/heard
>>
>>46113340

On the plus side, if you accidentally kill a sleeper, don't worry, there are so many more.
>>
Are their rules in CofD for anesthesia?
>>
So in V:tR we got the Strix as archenemies, in W:tF the Idigam. What about Mage 2e?
>>
>>46113707
Dont be silly, nothing can challenge a Mage
>>
>>46113591
That's Reaper talk anon, you don't want the Guardians to hear you saying things like that.
>>
>>46113707
Probably more Seer shit. Rogue ochemata, or abyssal fragments. More 'relatable' abyssal horrors. Big nasty fucks who exist to unmake portions of reality. Not shit like dark angel aphasia.
>>
>>46113733

No, just a proud Mystagogue.

No desire to steal souls or even actively hurt sleepers. In fact, it would be best if one didn't have to deal with them at all.
>>
Would a Vampire Bloodline composed of Claimed be weird?
>>
>after a critical battle you can spend willpower to get a cool new scar!
Does anyone actually use this rule? I'm all for aesthetics but shouldn't something this narrative be represented by... Roleplaying?
>>
>>46112959
>you can still "enjoy" chocolate except everytime you eat it you getting life threatening 3rd degree burns
Ummmmmmmmmm OK? Lol
>>
So could a Ridden/claimed be a GMPC for a mortals game, or are they to alien/inhuman to really act in a reasonable manner for a game?
>>
>>46114291
Ridden are just people with a voice in their head telling them to do weird stuff, with the occasional possession if it needs to do a task itself. They're fine.

Claimed can work, but they don't look human so will be a monsterous opponent
>>
Is someone going to update the mega archive at some point?
It's starting to lag behind.

>>46113715
There are quite a few ways changelings could fuck with mages in ways the mage can't respond to.
Of course the mage can also tear them apart on a subatomic level.
>>
>>46114309
Guess I'll have to figure out how to have a monstrous Claimed act as a ally to a mortal. That or keep them as a ridden until the 'Exciting Climax"
>>
>>46114436
As long as you keep tickling it's Influences it might be possible to have one as an ally, assuming they're ok with having a monter for a best friend. But if you ever stop feeding it essence, it's gonna rip your head off and eat your humors to get it's fix.
>>
>>46114469
Knowing my players, they'll love having a monster for a best friend. One of them will probably try to get into its pants for fuck sake.
>>
>>46114503

>One of them will probably try to get into its pants for fuck sake.

Ah yes, the proud /tg/ tradition.
>>
>>46114560
Who doesn't want to fuck the horrible combination of a fire spirit and a mortal cultist? I'm sure it would be... Hot.
>>
File: Umber Hulk.jpg (34KB, 663x365px) Image search: [Google]
Umber Hulk.jpg
34KB, 663x365px
>>46114560
>>
>Professional training incentivizes being bad at your job at character creation.

This has always been a big problem for me with this game.

>>46113819
No one uses that rule, ever.
It's one of those things they just threw in.
>>
File: World_of_Darkness_Sourcebook.jpg (18KB, 197x260px) Image search: [Google]
World_of_Darkness_Sourcebook.jpg
18KB, 197x260px
So i've tried playing the with the core rule book before, but my group wants to treat it like dnd, laughing, not being serious ect.. how can i change that?
also. what are some cool mortal campaigns?
>>
File: LogoVTESVicissitude.png (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LogoVTESVicissitude.png
35KB, 500x500px
>>46099175

Maybe this is a stupid question, but still: Does Vicissitude hurt?

Or just reshapes the body without any sensations?
>>
>>46114772

Would Tzimisce like it that much if not?
>>
>>46114811
>>46114772
I'm sure some of them, no doubt 'high humanity' Tzimisce would make it painless when they opperate on their ghouls or allies. That or they just don't wanna deal with the noise and don't feel like removing the poor suckers mouth.
>>
>>46114772
It deals quite severe damage as it rearranges your fucking bones, skin and sinew.

What the fuck do you think?

>>46114768
You can't make them not have fun, but you can channel the fun.
"Brick" is a good movie, the absurdity of its premise is a central part of the movie itself however, and its the ability to take itself seriously while being so inherently silly that works for it.

You can't have a scary campaign where everyone pees their pants and cries in horror, that's just not going to happen with your group, but you can lead towards what you want.
>>
>>46114768
>D&D

So they want to kill stuff? Well then when they confront the monster tell them they can't hurt it. When they demand to know why, tell them to roll an occult+in pool and say they failed.

Make them work for it, make them invest stuff they can't get back. Nothing raises the stakes like a finite resource the player has, because they will do whatever it takes to not lose it
>>
What does the blood of an Arisen taste like?
>>
>>46114911
>Well then when they confront the monster tell them they can't hurt it. When they demand to know why, tell them to roll an occult+in pool and say they failed.

You are the worst kind of storyteller.
The worst.
>>
>>46114921
Probably like Purified blood.

Inhuman, alien, giving no nourishment. Or they might burst into flame from their occult might, I guess.
>>
>>46114929
If they won't play properly then you have to be prepared to make them
>>
>>46114921
Probably like Aggravated damage
>>
File: Introducing DnD players to WoD.gif (439KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
Introducing DnD players to WoD.gif
439KB, 500x266px
>>46114911
I have just the gif for this.
>>
>>46113707
>So in V:tR we got the Strix as archenemies, in W:tF the Idigam. What about Mage 2e?
http://theonyxpath.com/falling-down/
This devblog covers that right at the beginning.
>>
Politics:
Least used skill?
>>
>>46115365
Depends how political your game is. I end up making Politics rolls a lot.
>>
>>46114911
i get what your saying, but i also no jack shit about the lore or anything. so aside from a few diff ghosts and shit, im hesitant to throw anything like a vampire or something at them.. Ive read a little about hunter and figure thats the next logicl step for a few mortals that know all the dark secrets, but again, it just seems like i need to read a library to make a confident decision on where the story is going.

Also, theres no MM or anything like that, and i feel like im fucking up the system if i make up a random ghost for them to encounter. I feel like all my npcs are unbalanced as shit.
>>
>>46115480
They're mere humans, shit's supposed to be unbalanced. If the PCs can win then you're Hunters, not core mortals.
>>
>>46115480
WoD is fucking infamous for not giving instructions on how to build monsters and be able to gauge how strong they are, yeah.
>>
File: Meiko_Busto1.gif (1MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Meiko_Busto1.gif
1MB, 500x280px
>>46115527

Not all the time. Core mortals can still be cops/etc. on the precipice of being a hunter after surviving their first encounter with a splat.

Funniest thing is that I played a normal mortal game about private high school kids being ghouled by their Daeva prinicipal (pic related).

My character killed her in a stupidly comical way (on accident) and then afterwards we became the scooby doo gang.
>>
>>46115751
>and then afterwards we became the scooby doo gang

That's no joke man
>>
>>46115811
new thread
>>
>>46105431
Not him, but that was my thought
>>
>>46115365
I'd say Animal Ken is used even less.
>>
>>46114768
>laughing, not being serious ect.. how can i change that?
you can laugh and not be serious in world of darkness

just not classic world of darkness
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.