[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 16

Previous Thread: >>46057646

http://pastebin.com/gsYUFPGD

Not-Aspel starting the thread again, because he's presumably asleep, or something

Let's keep the discussion going from last thread(sort of).
What sins have you committed against Humanity, or your whatever your splat-specific morality stat is?
>>
>>46080535
One of my Demon players recently did a full transformation in front of a Stigmatic who was his Handler before his Fall, and proceeded to teleport as far away as he possibly could.

He took a Dramatic Failure on the ensuing Compromise roll and ended up taking the Hunted condition.
>>
In case anyone missed it last thread, Gentlrman Gamer confirmed that we're finally getting mortal sorcerers in the Cleopatra Mummy setting in the Dark Eras Companion. They're roughly on par with Second Sight thaumaturges, and focus heavily on long ritual casting, apparently with enough material for a blue book.

Rejoice!
>>
So is Requiem ever getting new books?

I hate how some gamelines get tons of blog posts and open development while others are utterly silent.
>>
>>46080624

Dang that chapter's gonna be huge, then. I wonder what the final page count of Dark Eras and it's Companion will be.
>>
>>46080535
My Cahalith used "Totem's Wrath" into a full theatre during the approaching of a diplomatic confrontation with a Pure Pack, getting our totem to kill at least 40 innocent humans.
>>
>>46080671
The gamelines getting tons of open dev are gamelines getting their first new edition book
Requiem is getting Secrets of the Covenants soon™(read: in a few years probably)
>>
>>46080734

The elders book for Vampire 2e, A Thousand Years of Night, seems to have completely dropped off the radar.

Werewolf is on the verge of releasing its first supplement before SothC despite the fact that Vampire is supposed to be more popular and it was released well before Werewolf.

Is something up with Rose?
>>
>>46080535
>Not-Aspel starting the thread again, because he's presumably asleep, or something
Just lazy. I haven't been posting much, either.
>>
>>46080817

If I were to take a guess, it'd be that Rose has her hands tied in her personal project, Cavaliers of Mars, which is almost certainly getting pushed forward after the surprise success of the Pugmire Kickstarter.
>>
>>46080683
>The general theme of the Cleopatran era is of prophecy, decline, and the potential to speed up / thwart both / either. I'm hesitant to detail the contents of the chapter, but can definitely confirm to those looking forward to seeing them that mortal sorcerers play a large part in this chapter, and may alter the way you structure and play cults in future Mummy chronicles.
>I can't recall the exact number off hand, but we provide at least four sorcerer cults active at the time, who may or may not exist in some form or other come the modern era. They're not their own "splat" and so won't have anywhere near the complexity of a supernatural creature - mages included. Sorcerers are not "Awakened", as much as they might like to be. They do have access to highly arcane, ritualised magic however, not at an Utterance level but with enough power to set them apart from base mortals. I would consider them great content for a blue book dedicated to their magic styles and various weird orders.
>>
>>46080817
It's a fucking shame because I can't wait for Thousand Years of Night.

Gimme the Mummy chronicle structure with Vampires and I'll give it an 11/10
>>
>>46081148

Wow, that sounds way more interesting that I expected a Cleopatra-Era Mummy chapter to be. Very exciting!
>>
Okay, question. Imperial Mysteries says that there are entities in the Ascension War that resist any attempt to undo the nature of anyone with a greater template...

Who, exactly, does this? I suppose Luna's involved with werewolves, the Principle is involved with Prometheans, and the Judges of Duat are involved with mummies, but True Fae seem too insular to care about changelings on Earth being altered, and vampires and Bound don't seem to have any higher powers that would really care.
>>
>Vampires
>>
>>46081167
>It's a fucking shame because I can't wait for Thousand Years of Night.

Right there with you, buddy. This has been the first Vampire book I've been excited for in... nine years?
>>
>>46080624

>rejoice for the shitty mortals now with knockoff magic

Lmao, sleepwalkers
>>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/darkismus/sets/72157665084152550/with/25612554716/

Pictures from the End of the Line LARP, White Wolf Publishing's first offical LARP, are up. It is very WoD.
>>
>>46081232
I suspect that for changelings, the Wyrd itself might be a willful enough entity to oppose outside entities trying to disrupt its precious story structure. And changelings are very interesting.
>>
>>46081298
a-are LARPs just parties...because this just looks like a party
>>
>>46081586
As I understand it, pretty much.
>>
>>46081586
it also looks like an excuse for over-30s to make out with each other in a building with exotic lighting.
>>
>>46080671
Secrets of the Covenants is the next book, there's been five open development posts about it reach revealing spoilers for new abilities for all the main covenants.

>>46080734
>Requiem is getting Secrets of the Covenants soon™(read: in a few years probably)
In a few months is more likely
>>46080817
>The elders book for Vampire 2e, A Thousand Years of Night, seems to have completely dropped off the radar.
It's being written
>>
File: aspel.png (513KB, 1064x1401px) Image search: [Google]
aspel.png
513KB, 1064x1401px
>>46081232
>and vampires and Bound don't seem to have any higher powers that would really care.
Geist is supposed to fucking end ghosts, Death itself is just a shitty craftsman
Vampires have the Beast/Adversary
>>
>>46080624
But mummy is 1e nWoD isn't it? And we already have sorcerers for that.
>>
>>46081586
there's a dj and disco ball
>>
>>46081914
I keked.
>>
>>46081985
And a bucket full of awkward
>>
>>46082023
Depends how much of a social retard you are
while it's not particularly vampire-y, as far as i can tell, it's probably a fun party for the local gaming community
>>
>>46081985

The whole idea behind the LARP is that you're attending the hottest party ever, and you have to act on your worst behavior. That doesn't explain the disco ball, though.
>>
>>46081946

Sekhem sorcerers have been promised for Mummy since the first book. They're different than Thaumaturges.
>>
>>46082330
You guys think Sekhem sorcerers are like ultra good paladins of life, don't you? That's why you're so excited.
>>
>>46082580
>implying anyone in Mummy is a good person

I'm excited to see what Iremite magic looks like to someone who isn't Arisen and if it shows us anything new about the mythology, and I like options for playing 'mortals' in a Mummy chronicle.
>>
>>46082580
I just want more kinds of mortal magic. In fact, I intend to see how I can use this for low level Mage antagonists.
>>
>>46082615
>>implying anyone in Mummy is a good person
No, just know there's a couple here who would suck off everyone at OP if they could make a template that they could cling to and hold up as the good guys and dismiss ever other game as evil in comparison
>>
>>46082580

No? I like Mummy for its pulp horror aesthetics. Anything that'll get me more of that will always be welcomed. Given that Sekhem is a force explicitly measurable by science and capable of being manipulated by types like Last Dynasty International, traditional Sekhem Sorcerers is pretty much the only thing really missing from Mummy's setting.
>>
>>46082657

I don't think anyone's like that. The premise of WoD and CofD is "you play as the monsters."

Keep in mind that the To The Strongest preview shows us that the Awakened think of Sekhem-based magic as horrifically dangerous; I doubt these sorcerers are gonna be anything less than obsessives who can't turn back, no matter how much they're getting burned. If they're using actual Iremite traditions, chances are no small amount of bloody sacrifice is involved; this is a culture thay believed suffering was the core of the universe, after all.
>>
>>46082717
>I don't think anyone's like that. The premise of WoD and CofD is "you play as the monsters."
you were here when the guy was bitching about silver ladder not being good gyus anymore
>>
>>46082657

Well let me tell you, Mummy is pretty much the last game you would expect to see such a template take root in. That's just a really strange worry in general, considering that CofD 2e's direction is explicitly "make the splats more like the fiction you read about them (i.e. more monstrous).

I have plenty of other cool games to play if I want to pit golden guardians of good versus dastardly legions of evil. WoD's when I want shit to get spooky.
>>
>>46082657

But OP already made Mages, so I don't really know what you're talking about
>>
>>46082717
>The premise of WoD and CofD is "you play as the monsters."
Hahahaha.

Maybe for CofD, but only one that's true for WoD is Vampire.
Werewolf is about living in a world where you lost the war.
Mage is about trying to hope for a better tomorrow, and being too smart for your own good.
Mummy is about being the good guy
Hunter is about just trying to make a difference
Demon is about trying to not go back to hell and living a normal human life.

WoD is basically divided into two groups: trying to make a difference or trying to deal with having lost. Three if you put vampire in a category of its own.

Fucking leeches.
>>
>>46082776

Wraith was a pretty much perfect ghost game, so it's funny that you glossed over it.
>>
>tfw no Mummy group
>tfw no group at all
>nobody lives in your shithole city and your tastes are too esoteric for the average players anyway

suffering
>>
>>46082805
Well Wraith and Changeling are both in there, but they're rarely played anymore.

Changeling is about dealing with not going back home and being different.
Wraith is about moving on after death.

Both suck equally.
>>
>>46082825
>talking shit about Wraith when it's literally the only good oWoD game
>claiming nobody plays it when it made $300k on Kickstarter
>>
What is your dream chronicle like? The one you'd play if you had the time, energy, and perfect group for it.
>>
>>46082863
And this is why everyone hates this general.

Whether you like it or not, Wraith 2e sold like fucking shit. This is why it wasn't brought back for a Revised edition. Orpheus was made instead, which is an entirely different sort of game.
>>
>>46082863

To be fair, amount of money put into a Kickstarter explicitly doesn't mean amount of people who play the game. For example: Far West.
>>
>>46082863

It is also never getting published
>>
>>46082776
>Werewolf is about living in a world where you lost the war.
Yeah, and the war is still waging, as you kill people for littering. Also you're a monster.
>Mage is about trying to hope for a better tomorrow, and being too smart for your own good.
Mage is about putting your wants for the future ahead of everyone else. And being a monster.
>Mummy is about being the good guy.
No one plays mummy.
>Hunter is about just trying to make a difference.
Hunters are fucking fleshlights for angels, they have no control over the rest of their lives because their soul has been raped by gods little pedos.
>Demon is about trying to not go back to hell and living a normal human life.
No aspect of normal human life has ever required you to steal faith from other humans to empower yourself.

You like know nothing about the game.
>>
>>46082894
>Whether you like it or not, Wraith 2e sold like fucking shit. This is why it wasn't brought back for a Revised edition. Orpheus was made instead, which is an entirely different sort of game.
And that was 10-20 years ago. Times have changed. What was good then (most of cwod) is shit now. What was shit then (wraith) is popular now.
>>
>>46082928

Dansky was busy making Ubisoft a fuckton of money on The Division and then his mom died. I'm not gonna judge him so tough for taking a little while.
>>
>>46082776
>Werewolf is about living in a world where you lost the war.
Not really. Werewolf is about living in a world where the war is going poorly, but also one that adheres to mythological standards of a final battle maybe being winnable and fixing everything.
>>
>>46082893
Werewolf, the entire area split into two major groups at war with each other, two super-monsters (one Idigam, the other a huge vampire-monster), and the campaign ending with a kaiju style battle, the players trying to weaken the monsters to the point that they are killable.
>>
>>46083012

Also right now he's at GDC, too. Either way it looks like in-between all that stuff he writes for Wraith, so I can't be too impatient. He also gives lengthy previews so that we know work is actually being done.

>>46082894

Man, I like Orpheus a lot. Cool premise, neat Wraith tie-in, set the standard for nWoD limited lines. I'd love a nice CofD 2e conversion.
>>
>>46081586
The game setting for this one was 'big ass party' with vampires and mortals both there.

Most LARPs are not like that, it's the specific setting for that event.
>>
>>46082893

Mortal museum thieves, federal agents, spies, and occultists get wrapped up in a globe-trotting conspiracy that spans history and culminates in the reveal that they're agents of an Arisen's cult. Bonus points if some weird Mage lore gets worked in.

tl;dr "what if Assassin's Creed was good"
>>
>>46083132

I'm amazed the Orpheus Group hasn't popped up as a Hunter Conspiracy yet.
>>
File: penis worm.jpg (70KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
penis worm.jpg
70KB, 550x367px
>>46083012

Onyx Path is a shit tier company and deserves to be shut down and all their employees raped by penis worms
>>
>>46083188

Onyx Path has, like, four employees. Everyone is else just contracted freelancers.
>>
>>46083183

I want to chalk that up to White Wolf realizing from Promethean on that they don't have to go around doing oWoD callbacks to get money, but Hunter had Division Six and the Cainites, so who knows.
>>
>>46083218

Raped. All of them. Raped.
>>
>>46083218
Even freelancers need standards and punishment.
>>
Are the five clans in Requiem universal, or just the most successful lines?
>>
>>46082893
A crossover game based around a cult's attempting to break reality to open a hole to the Inferno large enough to draw Beelzebub into the world to create a Hell on Earth.
>>
>>46083789
Yes, to both counts.
They are universal, because they are successful.
>>
>>46083789
>>46083857
There are more vampires out there, just not all vampires are Kindred. A group of Jiang Shi are on their way to Kindred status though.
>>
>>46082776

>Mummy is about being the good guy

In Mummy you're not playing the good guy.
In Mummy, you're a dude who thinks he's a god-king above mortal men and must make them suffer as to be worthy of the afterlife. Whereas he actually is a pawn of cosmic horror entities that would gladly sacrifice the earth to supplant their masters in the afterlife.
>>
chronicles of fagness
>>
>>46084001

He said WoD, not CofD. Mummies in the WoD game Mummy: The Resurrection are the Amenti, soldiers of the newly returned Osiris (thanks Sixth Great Maelstrom!) and made from the stitched up souls of an ancient Egyptian soul and a flawed modern day mortal soul (from a person who recently died). You then spend your time hanging out (usually only around the Egyptian area) fighting the forces of Apep and also probably Setites.

MtR is the genesis point for Mummy the Curse, and the Deceived in particular are a lot like a darker reboot of the Amenti (only their whole stitched soul situation is way different). One could also see this as the genesis point for Geist: The Sin-Eaters as well.
>>
>>46084149

Ah, you're right. I was going of the previous posters comment. My bad, and thank you for the info-dump.
>>
>>46084267

It's cool, I think it's going to be a long while before we stop reacting to WoD when we mean CofD and vice versa. At least, hopefully that will happen in the future.
>>
flipping through old werewolf books i found ethan skemps afterword in signs of the moon. Actually got me kind of sad, did that guy ever get to work on 2e?
>>
How weird is a mage that focuses on broadening their knowledge of all the arcana as opposed to seeking mastery and branching out from there? As a player it seems kind of instinctual to pick a few and focus, but now I'm trying to make a consilium and the idea occurred to me. Is someone with, say, Gnosis 6 who's still just a disciple just strange, or someone that would've been murdered before they got to that point? How useful is branching out?
>>
>>46085633
He died before it came out, actually.

>The Enumclaw horse sex case was a 2010 incident in which Ethan Skemp[2] (June 22, 1960 – July 2, 2010), an American game designer in Gig Harbor, Washington,[3] died from injuries received during anal sex with a stallion at a farm in an unincorporated area in King County, Washington, near the city of Enumclaw.
>>
>>46086086
Wait, what?

What?
>>
>>46086086
>The Enumclaw horse sex case was a 2005 incident in which Kenneth Pinyan[2] (June 22, 1960 – July 2, 2005), an American Boeing engineer residing in Gig Harbor, Washington,[3] died from injuries received during anal sex with a stallion at a farm in an unincorporated area in King County, Washington, near the city of Enumclaw.
Oh U
>>
>>46083183
There's a reference to Orpheus in Book of the Dead, p. 111.
>>
>>46085633

Skemp did a Changeling setting for Dark Eras, but I believe that's 1e only.
>>
>>46080817
Thousands years of night is not the first book to come out for vampire. Its secrets of the Covenant.
>>
Is there any way to learn blood sorcery that is not joining the SJW crones or the cuck sanctum?
>>
>>46081232
Vampires have the Blood Gods from the lower depths, while the Sin-Eaters would probably have the "5" horse men of the apocalypse.
>>
>>46086653
there may or may not be dead gods living the underworld, for the sin-eaters. where exactly do they talk about the blood gods?
>>
>>46083309
Wait, what about division six in CWOD?
>>
>>46086626

Nope. Swallow your pride or go roll up a Mage.
>>
File: Building a City.png (228KB, 1428x2632px) Image search: [Google]
Building a City.png
228KB, 1428x2632px
>>46085858
Look at Dave's Building a City he say it's mote common for mages it build up a 2nd or 3rd arcane.
>>
>>46086653
Vampire the requiem mythologies. They mention the blood gods.
>>
>>46085858
The Mana tax on non-Ruling Improvised spells discourages that kind of thing pretty heavily.

At least until you're an Archmaster, at which point they're all Ruling.
>>
>>46087027
Note that this tax exists to ensure that characters of different Paths retain their niches despite overlapping Arcana.

Even if the Acanthus joins a legacy that grants Forces, he's still gonna be worse with Prime than the Obrimos.
>>
>>46087024
You mean the book full of explicitly optional mythical hacks?
>>
>>46087087

If you're running an Archmage/Vampire crossover game you're already deep in "optional mythical hacks."
>>
>>46087087
Would you prefer Deava being created from a Hindu God?
>>
>>46087132

If you're runnin a Archmage/Vampire crossover game, vamps better get ready to get fucked by the GodMages
>>
>>46087145
that is a meaningless statement?
>>
>>46086757

They fight "reality deviants" and try to preserve consensual reality.

They're budget Technocrats.
>>
>>46087163
Their a bloodline for deava in India that belives itself to be the originator of the deava clan. Their beliefs is that the deava clan are spawned from the spilled blood of a female warrior god and a demon that for the war of heaven.
>>
>>46087027
>>46087043
Fuck, right, I didn't take that into account. Mr. Jack-of-all-Trades would be hemorrhaging Mana if he tried to actually use all of his proficiencies.Maybe if he had Prime as a ruling he could deal with it? The Paths seem just like power kits at times, it strikes me as strange how much they limit/color a mage's perception of reality.
>>
>>46087253
And there are some Daeva who believe they were born from fairy tales.

It's a belief, what's the issue here?
>>
>>46082893
A Hunters-focused campaign that uses the old Street Fighter book that was based around the oWoD system.
>>
>>46087674
Take a peek at Exalted. You might be really happy with that.
>>
>>46087747
I was more interested in doing it because it's Street Fighter. Telling my group that we're going to be playing a WoD campaign and giving them the pdf just to see their reactions would be my main goal although being able to base enemies and NPCs off Darkstalkers characters would be mondo cool, too.
>>
...Les Mystries are fucking morons.
>>
>>46081586
This looks like a over 40s rave but with no E or meth
>>
>>46087405
>>46087027
>>46087043

Don't forget that a way to avoid the mana tax, particularly in 2e, is to buy Rotes and Praxes for useful spells outside your ruling Arcana. They do not require mana to cast.

Also, once you're in a legacy, learned some Prime, found an artifact or two, etc., mana becomes far more abundant to cast Common and Inferior spells (and mitigate Paradox). It's one of the game balance reasons why Prime is not an Inferior Arcana for any Path.

Accordingly, most mages primarily focus on raising their Gnosis and Ruling Arcana and joining a Legacy in their early and mid/early careers, and then branch-out more once they're more established. Joining cabals is supposed to counterbalance Arcana deficiencies and other weaknesses, and for game balance purposes, let all the characters shine and be useful in the chronicle.
>>
Does anybody got the Sothis Ascends Book? Could they share it or at leaat give me a gist of what the offers.
>>
>>46088582
>Mummy: Sothis Ascends

https://www.sendspace.com/file/kqwmot
>>
>>46088664
thanks for that.
>>
Mage 2e never?
>>
>>46088861
After Dark Eras.
>>
>>46088861
It's tagged with the new version of Wraith and the 3e Alchemicals book for Exalted. They're coming out as a bundle
>>
>>46088895
What are the odds that we'll get that next Wed?
>>
>>46088964

The final layout is still being reviewed by Paradox. Since the relationship and procedures are still new, and we don't know if there needs to be any changes, there's no telling how long the review and approval process will take. It could be released next week or in a couple of months
>>
>>46089013

Has DaveB mentioned what Mage 2e supplements will be released after Signs of Sorcery?
>>
>>46089091
Not Dave, but the official flier back at GenCon said the next book was going to be Tome of the Pentacle.

Honestly. I'm hoping for a Storyteller's guide after that. Mage is fairly complex.
>>
Beast the Primoridal Question: Is the section on the Horror's stats as bad as it seems? It seems like the Horror gets weaker if you merge with it, and there's no default Size given for it (unless it's 5. Which seems stupid if your Makara Kraken needs to be at least Lair 4 to be bigger than a shark, barring other sources of Size.)
>>
>>46089117
> In addition, the player gains a pool of points equal to (Lair x 2) to distribute between Power, Finesse, Resistance, and Size as she sees fit.

So yeah, I'd say it defaults to 5 unless you spend more points on it.

Maybe a merit (with subsequent Advanced and Epic versions) to give you a more powerful Horror if you intend to spend a lot of your time entertaining guests at home instead of IRL.
>>
>>46089091
>>46089107

Dave has offered some tidbits that likely will be included in Tome of the Pentacle, like an New York City setting, as well as indicated that another unannounced supplement is definitely in the works.

Since the recent Monday Meeting Notes discussed how developers and writers submitted proposals for new projects, there's no telling what might coming for Mage and when. Note also that Dave's attention might be somewhat diverted now that he's also developing Deviant.

At this point, I'll just be happy to see the Mage 2e corebook finally released and hope SoS will be available this year.
>>
Does it pay to pick-up any of the old Mage 1e supplements now that 2e should be released soon?

Will the fluff still be mostly compatible between the editions.

Specifically, I seen a lot of people discuss and highly praise supplements like Summoners and Imperial Mysteries, but I don't want to buy them if they're totally incompatible with 2e.
>>
>>46089153
So you're basically given a choice between having a useful horror or a big horror, since Size doesn't seem to affect anything other than move speed if I'm reading this right?
>>
>>46089204
>Will the fluff still be mostly compatible between the editions.

Mostly. The Orders are having their history revised to be more realistic, and less Atlantis.

Imperial Mysteries and Left Hand Path are basically 2e books though. Get those.

I think the Chronicler's Guide is going to be really useful as well.
>>
>>46089204
You'll need to twaek it, but until something in 2e overrules it, the 1e stuff remains valid.

Get Astral Realms, is good.

>>46089218
Size affects health boxes, so a big Horror is a resilient Horror. And since you meerge with it, it keeps all your beast powers and relevant merits.
>>
>>46089221

What do you mean by "Imperial Mysteries and Left Hand Path are basically 2e books?"

Do they contain rules revisions?
>>
>>46089246
Fluff is loser to the 2e assumptions than 1e because they were written later in the product run. mechanics you'll need to jury rig
>>
>>46089232
It says that a dream bodies health is based off of their Resolve and ability cap rather than their Size. Assuming all remains the same unless stated otherwise for the Horror, then a big horror is not a resilient horror. And if you do merge with it, then it loses the ability to freely use low satiety Atavisms. While having Nightmares is good, if you're in the middle of a fight it seems that low satiety Atavisms will be more useful. Relevant merits are also good, assuming you have them.

And if you're specced to say, gunfighting, they'll be pretty useless unless every gunfighter's Horror happens to have a shotgun for an arm.
>>
My friends want me to run a Victorian Age VtM campaign.

Anyone done it before? Advice? Pitfalls? Things to remember? I have no idea where I'd even set it. Probably London or Paris to start with.
>>
>>46089477
Fuck it, just use the ephemeral entities rules (Lair /2 = Rank, round up)
>>
>>46089204
Get Summoners. One of the best Mage books, in my opinion. All sorts of creepy shit. Also has my favorite Mage fiction piece, "The Wheel".
>>
So, has White Wolf made announcements at GDC?
>>
>>46089495

>VtM
>>
>>46089837

Why yes, Bloodlines 2 is coming out made by Obsidian get hype!!1
>>
So...would the Spin be a Space+Forces Attainment?
>>
>>46080624
Pretty hyped for this. I ran a campaign using second sight back in the day which was amazing. I find that the magic powers give players some extra tools to make things interesting/make it easy to draw supernatural stuff into the story while still being weak enough that they can't just 'lol magic' their way around problems.
>>
>>46086790
Once you see how real-life magic is supposed to work (not saying it works necessarily, just what is out there), the Crone vs. Lancea thing won't bother you.

Theurgy and Goetia is covered by Theban Sorcery, and the fluff is up to you. Pagan and spirit magic is the bread and butter of Cruac. Only thing not covered is Technomancy, the Quantum Occult kinda thing, which is very new IRL and a staple only of Mage: the Ascension.

If you're looking for inspiration on how a Theban blood sorcerer might look like, check out Demetrios Chloros in wikipedia.
>>
>>46089914

Spin is definetely a "get the fuck back to your goddamn containment board you fucking weaboo" Attainment
>>
>>46089877
What? Requiem is garbage friendo
>>
>>46089931
>Once you see how real-life magic is supposed to work (not saying it works necessarily, just what is out there), the Crone vs. Lancea thing won't bother you.

Some deadbeat in Las Vegas?
>>
>>46089950
Wow, you know you didn't have to be so salty, in fact, you could have just not replied in the first place.
>>
>>46081232

Actually there would be more entities like that. Firstborn from Werewolf also can't really be written out of reality.

Chris Allen actually while stating Lycaon-Ur from Lodge of Fields in W:tF2ed sourcebook on OPP forums in "Strongest Werewolves" thread gave him ability that he can't be unwritten from reality.

So what I'm trying to say is that there might be more of those creatures than you suggest. Very high primal-urge werewolf that is old is basically a powerful spirit-like entity, just beneath gods that are Rank 6 or so.

Same with other creatures. Circle of Crone vampire that is fuckold and with very high blood potency, powerful cruac and who occupies its territory since ages is similarly a constant of the world, unremovable.
>>
>>46089950
What's the Spin?
Why do you know about it?
If it's supposed to be in a containment board, why aren't you there, too?
>>
>>46089091

We have two supplements already scheduled after Signs of Sorcery; Tome of the Pentacle and an as-yet-unannounced one that's further into the schedule than the list released last GenCon goes up to. It'll probably get announced this GenCon.

It's Pitch Season at the moment, and I did pitch lots of Awakening ideas.
>>
>>46091354

Without making any promises, how long do you think we'll have to wait for Signs of Sorcery after the new Mage corebook is finally released?

Should be be anticipating first half of 2016, Christmas or well into 2017?

Also, has the new corebook been sent to Paradox for final approval or is layout still ongoing?

Thanks.
>>
>>46091354
Since it presumably won't make it into 2e and therefore is no longer relevant, can you tell us what the 6th Path are called?
>>
So in the apocalypse book for Demon: The Fallen, Lucifer counted to two and then stopped. As someone who kind of liked the idea, but never got into it, or even got ahold of the sourcebooks to paw through, can someone help me out with what's going on? Was his vision of the future flawed? What was the Starthorn? Was the guy who shot him with the Jesus Cannon sent by god?
>>
>>46091626

I would love to know the ideas and details behind Brutal Casting that Dave indicate was cut from Mage 2e's early drafts.
>>
>>46091639
I mean, liked the concept of demon, it's apocalypse and the fiction surrounding Lucifer.
>>
>>46091626
They don't, and have never existed.
>>
>>46091466
I never give release dates. Mage is still in layout, though White Wolf have approved the text and art (after it's been through layout I think they get one more look at it, the stage Dark Eras is now in).

Signs of Sorcery has been in Development since Tuesday, when the last author handed in her second draft. It should get updated on the blog this week.
>>
>>46092006
>>46091466

Is it even possible to really finish Sighs of Sorcery until the new Mage is released and people have a reasonably opportunity to play, discuss and comment on the new rules and setting?
>>
>>46092081
>play, discuss and comment
You mean not play and just bitch and moan about white rooms, right?

Yes, they can start writing, they'd just have to edit new changes in.
>>
>>46089204
Very yes - Mage 1e core may have sucked, but it has some of the best supplements of any gameline. Even if most of the mechanics presented in them will be superceded, they're worth it for the fluff and for presenting lots of interesting concepts. And Dave has said that the Order books will still hold true (with a few exceptions) and all of them are pretty fantastic.
>>
>>46092157

I definitely mean people commenting on their actual play experiences, not the whining of the inevitable white room spreadsheet commandos. Unfortunately, it takes time to become familiar with the new rules and engage in sufficient play to intelligently and productively comment.

Based on the spoilers and Dave comments, I believe Mage 2e will be quite good, but nothing is perfect. Signs of Sorcery will hopefully smooth out any bugs and expand areas of interest.
>>
>>46092298

Mage 1e didn't really suck. It was actually quite good, but did suffer from a lot of the pitfalls of all the nWOD games, hewing too closely to the classic WOD and letting game balance considerations override the rules and setting as presented. Mage 2e appears to have addressed these issues, as any well developed new edition should.

The best books for Mage 1e were definitely the the later supplements like Imperial Mysteries, Summoners, Left-Handed Paths, and Seers of the Throne. The Order books were also generally quite good, with Free Council being a notable exception.

Nevertheless, it's difficult to recommend that the prior Anon purchase any of these books until we at least have a chance to review the 2e corebook.
>>
>>46092298
>And Dave has said that the Order books will still hold true (with a few exceptions) and all of them are pretty fantastic.

Yeah. The history will be changed. In the order books, it feels as if they claim they have an unbroken line back to the days of Atlantis, whereas in the second edition, it's treated a bit more realistic.
>>
>>46092451
Some of the throwbacks in those were clever.

I really liked Senex and the Old Man of the Abyss. Subtle enough to really only be picked up by prior players who enjoyed the metaplot enough to remember parts, but it still fit in well with the basic appearance and manner of a void-husk aeon.
>>
>>46092482
Huh. Where were the Senex mentioned?
>>
>>46092482

Has DaveB ever indicated if he was a fan of the classic Mage: the Ascension, or has he always been an exclusive Awakening guy and other writers just included cWOD Easter Eggs in nWOD Mage books.
>>
>>46092522
Sorry, Voormas. I'm on crack again, apparently. No link between Senex and the Old Man except ' the old man' and their apparent love of bones and blackness.
>>46092535
I'm not his stalker.
>>
>>46092535
Considering that he started with Ascension, then moved to Awakening, it is a fair bet he is an Ascension fan.

That said, Dave has only been in charge of Mage for the last part of the run.
>>
So do the Idigam only seek to gain influences, or do they basically just root around and see what's happening in the world? Like some sort of cosmically curious children?
>>
>>46092731
Depends on the entity.
Some rage against their captors (taking it out on the werewolves).
Some just try to survive.
Some try to understand the world.
Some try to achieve domination.
Some just think the world would be a more understandable place if it turned everyone into a Servant.
>>
Mage, through the lens of Cardcaptors

Thoughts?
>>
>>46092731
they seek to become something

to do this they do have to be curious, poke around and find what things "call" to them

chris allen wrote up one that wanted to be an underworld
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/werewolf-the-forsaken/436971-new-idigam
and another there that was basically wireless internet, sort of

chris allen being a writer for ww

>>46092773
that's not correct at all
>>
>>46092451
Woah, hold on man - I didn't say 1e Mage sucked. Awakening is literally my favorite thing ever to come out of WW/OP, in all of its variants.

I said the 1e Mage CORE BOOK sucked. As in, the actual book is an absolute mess, and does a terrible job of conveying things like "why should I care about all of this Atlantis shit" or "what is being a Mage actually like" or "as a Storyteller, what am I supposed to do with all this shit?"

Fortunately, as I said, its supplements almost all ruled, and did a great job of doing all the things the core didn't.
>>
>>46090905
Honestly, the fact that lycaon-UR has his own lodge feels like he's at least an equivalent of a rank 6 spirit.
I mean look how powerful a totem spirit gets with a few werewolves working with it. Im pretty sure a Lodge backer would be strong as hell.
>>
You know what's funny? From the book Night Horrors: The Unbidden, I'm quite sure that having all the secrets of magic given to you by Gnomon is much more cost-effective than buying up your own Arcana and Gnosis; sure, you drop to Wisdom 2 and get three severe derangements, but buying the Wisdom back will be much cheaper XP-wise, and the derangements will either fade via Wisdom raising or be fixable with Mind. You just need to have a cabal who'll be willing to support you, and it'll be a legitimate, if unpleasant, shortcut to massive arcane power.
>>
>>46093031
do you think it would be a more tempting offer if it cost twice as much hard work and experience?
>>
>>46093171
Well, when I read the description, I thought it would drop you to Wisdom 0 and remove you from play, but apparently it has some degree of mercy.
>>
>>46093275

An option that kills you ("NPCs the character" being equivalent to death here) isn't an option at all.

There's no point in offering dark bargains if they're so hamfistedly horrible that only a complete idiot (IC and OOC) would ever take them.
>>
>>46093302
Presumably Abyssal bargains only require complete OOC idiocy to take, though I'd say IC idiocy is strongly present too.
>>
>>46080535
Hey, my autist DM is converting oWoD into a D&D clone. It's not going so well.

I convinced him not to use the Sorcerer's Crusade weapon tables, as many weapons are just total shit. Instead he's created his own convoluted weapon system. Smaller weapons with low damage have lower difficulties, big weapons like greatswords are all difficulty 9.

Anyone have a decent source for not shit weapons to use in a historical WoD setting? How are weapons in nWoD?

Generally WoD seems to not care much about weapon balance, because before long you'll be crazy powerful mages or werewolves or w/e. But we need something actually useful.
>>
>>46093450
>Hey, my autist DM is converting oWoD into a D&D clone. It's not going so well.

Just use CofD, it's bically d20 modern
>>
>>46093475
>CofD
what is CofD? And he wants to run a medieval fantasy game, not a modern game.
>>
>>46093475
>Just use CofD, it's bically d20 modern

In what way other than "set in a modern-ish world" is CofD even vaguely like d20 modern?
>>
>>46093508
Well it's not a horror game anymore, is it.

"weird shit happens in a supernatural equivalent to the real world"

>>46093499
What used to be called nWoD
>>
>>46093499

CofD, Chronicles of Darkness, is the rebranding for nWoD 2e, because White Wolf (separate from Onyx Path) wanted to have "WoD" refer only and exclusively to oWoD.

Anyway: Weapons in nWoD are even simpler than they were in oWoD; just a straight damage rating and an init modifier. Sometimes they'll be fancy and grant 9- or 8-again for more accurate guns.

It won't satisfy anyone's autism, and a lot of the times aggravates it. ("reeee why can't I minmax my ammo bore anymore hurt locker was a mistaaake")
>>
>>46093531
>Well it's not a horror game anymore, is it.

You have it exactly backwards, you mong.

oWoD was the one that struggled to do horror most of the time, because it was too busy shoving cosmic threats and superhero-tier supernaturals in your face. nWoD does more personal horror than oWoD ever did.
>>
>>46093559
2e lost that though. Now it's just generic modern fantasy with a general desire to shout BOO! every once in a while
>>
>>46093534
>CofD?
oh, I see, I was aware of the rebranding, but not the new acronyms. Is there a new source book I should show him to get an idea about weapons?

I already tried selling him on balancing weapons through different speeds and damages, he wasn't having it. But he really fails to grasp that no one in there right mind should use difficulty 9 weapons, considering Dodging is always difficulty 7.
>>
>>46093571

I would love for you to point out how jettisoning the worst of nWoD's dumbfuck moves (holding monsters to MORE stringent moralities than regular humans, purging the parts where it aped oWoD out of laziness, etc.) and adding in more, y'know, personal horror aspects (focusing on what traumatizes YOUR character and shits all over THEIR life, making any combat more intimidating for even combat-wombats because they'll be shitting WP).

"Vampires are marginally more powerful" is not relevant to being personal horror or not.
>>
>>46093450
to give you an idea of the autist levels we're speaking about with this system. He is currently in the process of going through the 3.5 PHB and converting every spell into Sphere ratings ala Sorcerers Crusade/Old Mage. He intends to do all 600 some spells in the phb. He just finished doing the zeroth lvl spells.
>>
>>46093594

There's a Chronicles of Darkness corebook that's got everything stitched together all nice and neat, I think it's in OP.
>>
File: smug anime dog.png (86KB, 214x242px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime dog.png
86KB, 214x242px
>>46093571

Is this how fall the old worlders have fallen?
>>
>>46093637

That sure is dedication

But wasn't there a book that had all the published spells
>>
>>46093696
oh the Spell Compendium? Yeah, his autist fixations are on "core" and "old school" sensibilities. Thus why he's using all his 1e and 2e oWoD books to make his hybrid system, and only looking at the core 3.5 Players Handbook for spells.

The results sound ridiculous at this point. Many "zero level" spells in 3.5 convert to Made spells that require 1 or 2 dots in a few different spheres. Its a fucking cluster fuck of a conversion.

Other "conversions" include Druids getting Werewolf shapeshifting for their Wild Shape class feature. Barbarians getting werewolf Rage. The Ranger's Trackless Step feature being represented by the Arcane background, etc.
>>
>>46093762
oh another autistic thing he did. He looked at the traditional oWoD character creation method, and reverse engineered how many XP the starting points are worth. So to make our characters we had to assign 237 XP points across all of the various categories, however we wished.
>>
>>46093788

Tell him to upload it when he's done

If he ever gets it done
>>
>>46093762
>3.5
>"old school"
Suddenly I feel ancient.
>>
>>46093788
>He looked at the traditional oWoD character creation method, and reverse engineered how many XP the starting points are worth. So to make our characters we had to assign 237 XP points across all of the various categories, however we wished.
>Fixing the BP/XP problem
Well hey, your GM did something right.
>>
>>46092535
Mmmn?

Oh, right, yeah.

I bought the softback Ascension 1st ed a month after it came out, and ran it or played it continuously until well after the nWoD debuted; my last Ascension game concluded just before Awakening came out.

I own every single Ascension book and merch. Even the coffee mug. I spent my pay for... I forget which nWoD/CofD book it was, but I spent it on a Q-Prime of Ascension 20.

I am possibly second only to people who worked on it in "giant Ascension fan" stakes.

We don't do as many wink-nudge callbacks to the original games any more. It fell out of fashion around the Silver Ladder point in Awakening's line; I think the last gasp of it was calling one of the Seer servitors "Hollow Ones", and they're as much a dollhouse reference as anything.

But the Old Man looking exactly like Voormas is one of my favorite ones.
>>
>>46092535
>Has DaveB ever indicated if he was a fan of the classic Mage: the Ascension
Yes.

He says as much at the beginning of his first M:Aw AP.
>>
>>46092535
>I'm a Mage junkie, and have been since the release of Mage: the Ascension. I own every book published for Ascension - two feet of purple, bar a couple of inches of weird sparkly covers for the First and secon dedition Tradition books. I even have the novels. I was involved in either running or playing the game for six and a bit years up until well after the Time of Judgement. I could explain the metaplot to people, for christ's sake.

>So why's it taken a year to start my own Awakening Chronicle?

>I was waiting for optimal conditions. My group contained several Mage-sceptics, and I had the luxury of time. Now that my group consists of people who *are* up for it, now that Awakening is a year old and I have the benefit of seeing how's it's developed in the (excellent) supplements, most importantly now that there's space between me and Ascension, I'm ready.

>The thing I've not seen addressed in the NWoD actual plays so far is this - how do you go from running an Old WoD game to running it's successor? Do Forsaken Storytellers have a hard time grasping the feel of the new game, or do they find themselves sliding back to Apocalypse? What makes Awakening *different* to Ascension - what is a good Awakening story as opposed to a good Ascension story, where do they overlap and where do they differ? It's taken me a *year* to get to the point where I'm confident enough to run Awakening - and even then, as we'll see, it took until the second session for Awakening to "click".

>Fortunately, it clicked hard.

>My position on the eternal flamewar is thus - look, I loved Ascension too, it served me well - but I *already own it*. If I'm going to run Awakening, I'm going to run it with Atlantis, the Exarchs, the Seers, the Pentacle, the Western symbology and all. I'm going to learn to love it like it's elder cousin, and find something that interests me in it's themes, not try to force the themes I've been playing with for years onto it.
>>
Okay two questions, based on the idea of the other Splats getting access to Sekhem Sorcery a few threads ago:

>1): How does casting Sekhem Sorcery actually work? Does it actually require Sekhem as its name suggests?

>2): Is there an Artifact for the Arisen that converts other supernatural energy types (Pyros or Plasm) into Sekhem and vice-versa
>>
>>46093762

>"core" and "old school"
>systems from the 1990s/2000s

What the hell?

>>46093915

So what's the best Mage the Ascension novel? Would you like to see Mage the Awakening novels happen?
>>
>>46088503
>Don't forget that a way to avoid the mana tax, particularly in 2e, is to buy Rotes and Praxes for useful spells outside your ruling Arcana. They do not require mana to cast.
That doesn't really avoid the Mana tax per se. It means it doesn't apply to a few specific spell effects you spent XP on learning, whereas somebody with that Arcanum as Ruling can freely improvise any of a literally infinite number of possible spells under its purview.
>>
>>46093961

We don't much about how it works. All we know is that it's prolonged rituals, which seems to imply extended rolls. We also know it's on the power level of 1e Thaumaturges from Second Sight.

As for the second, there's no written version of those in the books, and to be honest, I'm not sure why there ever would be. The Shan'iatu don't seem to give a shit about any power besides their own.
>>
>>46094009
So what's the best Mage the Ascension novel? Would you like to see Mage the Awakening novels happen?

Probably Penny Dreadful or Such Pain, but let's just say that the field is not spectacular.

And yes, if White Wolf were up for it, I'd totally hire one of my regulars to write an Awakening novel.
>>
>>46093915
>DaveB
>Mage: the Ascension
>big enough fan that he owns the coffee mug

What did you think of M20?

I, too, was a very big Ascension fan since it was released back in the 1990's and through all the editions. My favorite thing was the open-ended creative magic system which was truly groundbreaking (at least superficially).

However, looking back decades later, the 1990's aesthetic is really dated, and the magic system proved far too convoluted and controversial. Now that I've moved on to Awakening (and am a lot older, wiser and more mature), I realize just how much better and easier to play Awakening really is.

In a fit of nostalgia, I purchased M20. While tremendous dedication and work certainly went into producing this prodigious tome, I doubt I'll ever play it again. The thought of new consensual reality and related magical arguments simply fill me with dread. Besides, even though the TTPG market has significantly declined from its boom days of yesteryear, we are still blessed to have numerous quality games at our disposal.

My credit card is waiting for Mage 2e. Hopefully, it will meet or exceed our tremendous expectations,and continue to improve on the WW Mage legacy. Unfortunately, M20 will likely collect dust on my bookshelf.
>>
>>46094130

I kind of want to see Neall write an Awakening book. I really liked his piece in Demon: Interface. But of course that dude's off at the Scion mines, so oh well.
>>
>>46093877
>>46094009

YEP, 2e oWoD and 3.5 are now "old school". They're nearly 20 years old. 3.5 is now two (or three if you count 4e Essentials) editions behind. Not to mention it's been largely outdone by Pathfinder.

>>46093895
No. This is a bad thing and I'll tell you why. We're doing a dungeon crawl type game, not a social/intrigue/mystery game like WoD wants to do. Now that you can assign your starting 237 xp across all the categories, nothing keeps you from min/maxing.

My current character has Str 5, Dex 5, Stamina 5, Melee 5, Dodge 5, Athletics 5, Archery 5, Willpower 10, etc and a handful of dots placed elsewhere. I didn't even feel like I was really missing out or sacrificing anything by doing this. I've got 2 to 3 ranks in a bunch of knowledges, Resources 3, Spies 2, and my mental and social scores all range from 2 to 3.

Also, assigning 237 XP was a fucking chore. Can you imagine telling a noobie, "Okay, assign your 237 starting XP"
>>
>>46094130

What character generation selections like Order and Path and/or merits would an Awakened character need to choose in order to be able to use 1980 and 90's-style katanas, trench coats, mirrored sunglasses and similar items as official Yantras?
>>
>>46094336

I'm pretty sure Irony Magic is covered by the Free Council.
>>
>>46094130
Hey Dave I got a question for you about sleepwalkers.
I know you have stated that anyone with any supernatural abilities are a sleepwalkers, and I also know you mention that there will be Sleepwalker only merits. So my question is this, will those merits be available to everything supernatural besides mages or will it only be available to humans who take that sleepwalker 1dot merit?
>>
>>46094336
>>46094399

I would choose a Free Council Mage and take the Techne merit with a focus on 1990's popular mundane culture.

His Shadow name would definitely be MacLeod
>>
>>46094336
>not just playing a wave man legacy
>>
I wonder if Deviant is going to be a 'one and done' line like Geist. I guess we don't really know enough about it to speculate.
>>
>>46091354
>It's Pitch Season at the moment, and I did pitch lots of Awakening ideas.

Without breaking any NDA's, what type of supplements do you believe Awakening could use that weren't covered in 1e supplements or you believe require updates for 2e?
>>
>>46094542
It's Dave's baby, the new line he has created as part of his Pilgrimage towards humanity. It will thrive and multiply
>>
>>46094542

All I know is it's not gonna beat Mage

LOL like any splat can, God is a Mage
>>
>>46094130
I'd pay good money for an Awakening novel by whoever wrote the opening fiction for the Tome of the Mysteries. Might be my favorite bit of fiction in any WoD book.
>>
>>46094542

If it ends up on Kickstarter (and there's no real evidence that it won't), it'll get near a whole line funded by campaign's end, plus every new line seems to get two or three books now.
>>
>>46094542

If Deviant sells well, OP/WW will release more books. They will not leave money on the table.

Also, if Deviant gets a Kickstarter like Demon and Beast, guaranteed supplements will likely be included in the Stretch Goals.
>>
>>46094606
1/10, try harder
>>
>>46094542
Oh, hell, no. Deviant will have sourcebooks.
>>
>>46094606
God is a Machine.
>>
>>46094659
Life is a factory Floor
>>
>>46094232

I haven't had time to read it yet! Yeah, I know. But I tend to only read pdfs if I'm running the game. I'll read my hard copy when it gets to me.
>>
>>46094606

Mage might not even sell as well and Vampire, Werewolf or any other CofD book. While we may be big Mage fans here in /wodg/, and Dave is certainly well liked, we're not really representative of the entire potential consumer base for WW books.

Neither OP, Dave or anyone else should take Mage sales or current enthusiasm for granted.
>>
>>46094700
Awakening does not have the second-largest gameline in the CofD by accident, anon. It sells just fine.
>>
>>46090012
occultism you silly
>>
File: dgert.jpg (232KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dgert.jpg
232KB, 1280x1024px
>>46080535
You're in the club and this guy slaps your girlfriend's ass.
What do you do?
>>
>>46094727

I wasn't suggesting that Mage doesn't sell comparatively well.

I only meant that gamers are a fickle and unpredictable lot and quality must be maintained in the gameline or sales will decline. Nothing can ever be taken for granted.

More importantly, if a new gameline is well made and fun, it could potentially eclipse older products in sales, at least over time.

Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
>>
>>46094675

>Dave's "To Do" List

>Read M20
>Finish writing Mage Actual Plays
>Develop Deviant and guarantee it is so good people totally forget about Beast
>Produce more Awakening supplements and ensure "Mage Supremacy" is not actually a thing people believe
>Convince Rich to fire Neall (again)
>Pretend to take /wodg/ seriously and care about their opinions
>Establish subservient cult
>Ascend
>Don't forget to but bread, milk and eggs
>>
>>46094993

>Develop Deviant and guarantee it is so good people totally forget about Beast

Trust me, people will remember Beast for a long time to come.
>>
>>46094727
>Awakening does not have the second-largest gameline in the CofD by accident

Well, then Mage 2e and its supplements better sell really well.

No pressure, Dave...
>>
>>46094807
Can I assume he's using Obfuscate and only I can see his actual face?
>>
In 2e, what's the cost to increase an attribute? 4 for every dot, or 4 multiplicated for each dot? For example, to increase Resolve do i have to pay 4 experience points or 20?
>>
>>46095114
*to increase Resolve to 5
>>
>>46095114
4. No multiplying xp costs in 2e.
>>
File: isolated.gif (3MB, 222x180px) Image search: [Google]
isolated.gif
3MB, 222x180px
>>46094807

Why would Andrei be interested in that shit

At best he would send his pets
>>
>>46094993

More like

>ensure "Mage Supremacy" is not actually a thing people believe but an actual undeniable fact
>>
>>46095114

Just a flat 4 per dot.
>>
>>46095164

Sigh...

Congratulations, you're officially "That Guy."
>>
So how do you make a backstory that incorporates both your characters mundane life and their new supernatural one? Like it'd be kinda weird if someone suddenly dropped contact with all their friends and family for an unknown reason.
>>
>>46095307
Depends on your splat. Vampires might sever contact, lest they end up like the incest siblings from the 2e core, Changelings have a built in reason to have no connections to others, and Prometheans have never had anybody.

Whereas Werewolves can benefit from bringing wolfblood relatives in so might have good connections to their past, Mages/Sin Eaters are basically just normal people except with godlike powers so have no reason to sever ties unless they want to, and Demons need ties with people from their Cover's pasts in order to pass angelic scrutiny.
>>
>>46095358
Mages for sure have reason to drop all friends and family. They chances that a enemy mage finding your family, and torturing them to get your sypathic name is to great of a risk for some mages to risk.
>>
>>46095358
Sin-Eaters have no down sides on the other hand.
>>
>>46095434
>>46095490
>b-b-but Sin-Eaters are worse

Sign of a desperate agefag
>>
File: 1436625494298.png (32KB, 591x275px) Image search: [Google]
1436625494298.png
32KB, 591x275px
>They're people attacking WoD for being Racist
WW tried so hard to please them for absolutely nothing 10/10.
>>
File: 1414116876970.jpg (13KB, 193x189px) Image search: [Google]
1414116876970.jpg
13KB, 193x189px
Whenever a Sin Eater dies a nearby mortal get killed instead, right? What does that mean if it's a cross splat party? I'm worried there's gonna be tears if someone dies without a roll just because the Sin Eater got killed.
>>
>>46095537

Is this about some dumb thing on some other forum that you want us to give a fuck about?
>>
>>46095572
Keep a Purified around. They still count as human but don't have a limit on the number of times they can die
>>
>>46095358
>>46095434

Mages might also fear that the Quiescence could drive their sleeper family insane.

This, fear of you family being used as a pawn against you, and the effects of the new Nimbus mechanics, are the primary reasons why mages meticulously separate their shadow and mundane lives or break-off contact entirely.
>>
>>46095572

Nothing, because there's no real rule for it. Sin-Eater dies, Geist goes NOPE, some random person gets their life taken in exchange and the Sin-Eater comes back to life with a vision of that death.
>>
>>46095511
Im just saying there is little to no downside to being a Sin-Eater, while there are a lot of downsides to being a mage. As >>46095583
Has noted another great reason for mages to up and leave their families.
>>
>>46095114
>Demetrios Chloros
4 Experiences. 20 Beats. This applies whether you're increasing an Attribute from 1 to 2, from 9 to 10, or anywhere in between.

Increasing from, say, 3 to 5 costs 8 Experiences (40 Beats), but that's because you're going up twice.
>>
>>46095224

*sigh*

What a fucking shitlord am I right...?
>>
>>46095662
they have equal mechanical downsides (ie. none), where mages have (possibly) bigger fluff issues, they also get supremely cheap and flexible powers.

So they work out at roughly the same level of bullshit
>>
>>46095358
>Mages/Sin Eaters are basically just normal people except with godlike powers so have no reason to sever ties unless they want to, and Demons need ties with people from their Cover's pasts in order to pass angelic scrutiny.
In 2e Mages do have a reason to reduce contact with their Sleeper lives - their Nimbus travels down their sympathetic connections and starts fucking with the people they're closest to (and then their friends and acquaintances, etc, if their Wisdom is low enough), unless they keep a very strictly separate Mage life (at which point it fucks with people connected to their Mage identity instead).
>>
>>46095434
>They chances that a enemy mage finding your family, and torturing them to get your sypathic name is to great of a risk for some mages to risk.
Considering only 1 in 5 Mages has any natural facility with the Space Arcanum, I feel like this possibility is massively overstated.

Acanthi, for example, don't need your real name to curse the shit out of you and absolutely ruin your next three months.
>>
>>46095741
And when Mage 2e is actually released, that'll be a compelling argument.

>inb4 "but Dave said this..."

Holden said a lot of shit before Exalted 3e was released, and the fragmented nature of the CofD core does not instill confidence, I accept nothing until it's in print.
>>
>>46095572
A few things on this.
First the Geist actually chooses who dies from bring the Sin-Eater back to life. And while I'm not sure its been directly stated it has a least been implied in mortal remains. Look at the section for Ashwood its points out that it seems their members are being killed off strategically.
Second The Geist can't choose a major (maybe minor) supernatural to die in place of the Sin-Eater
>>
>>46095582
>Keep a Purified around. They still count as human but don't have a limit on the number of times they can die
I feel like the Geist would avoid killing that guy, then, since it wouldn't "count" and balance the scales.
>>
>>46095789
He still dies, just because his soul gets jettisoned into toe Shadow doesn't stop him forming a ghost
>>
>>46095676
Whoops, how did that greentext get there
>>
>>46095798
I feel like toe spirits but have a serious hierarchy.

Big > Little > Middle > "Index" > "Ring" > 6th+
>>
>>46095768
Note that space is not an inferior arcane for any path. As the fact that exp for all arcane are at least 4, so there is no downside for any mage to get up to Space 2 for sypathic magic.
>>
>>46095798
Purifiedd are infinite ghost factories?
>>
>>46095774
>the fragmented nature of the CofD core does not instill confidence
CofD core is a mess, yeah. Doesn't it still require you to refer back to GMC and even 1e core for some rules?
>>
I know this probably gets asked at least once a week, but... is there any good way to find CofD games online? I'm a foreverGM IRL and just want a chance to be a player for once, and I feel like this is the only way that'll ever happen...

But then I go looking and all I find is shit like this: https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/28067/the-bloody-apocalypse

>Interdiction to the Camping:
>Pleas watch all video's so you can learn how my Campinas are ran so you can be ready for the world to come
>>
>>46095874
As long as you can keep escalating the level of trauma their death involves, they can keep forming new ghosts. There's no limit on how many times they can die and resurrect.
>>
>>46095906
>CofD
>Interdiction to the Camping
>Pleas watch all video's so you can learn how my Campinas
How horrifying.
>>
>>46095917
Are you referring to sin-eater or purified dying an unlimited amout of times? Because Sin-Eater get 5 extra lives then thats it, light out.
>>
>>46095970
Purified
>>
>>46095579
It's actually some dumb twitter thing where a Paizo employee threatened a charity event where they planned to play some WoD because it's sexist.
>>
Will Onyx Path release anything this year? The coffee mugs don't count
>>
>jfhkjd
>>
>>46096027
Is Pugmire OP? Because that's coming out this year.

I'd like to believe that Exalted will be out this year.

As for CoD, I can't see Dark Eras or Beast being delayed another 9 months even at my most cynical.
>>
>>46096026

I still don't give a fuck but thank you for the context.

>>46095906

Interdiction to the Camping is now my new band name.
>>
>>46096027
Was CofD core this year or last year?
>>
So what's wrong with CofD core? I plan to get CofD VtR WTF and MtAw once all become available. L
>>
>>46096027
They released Dreams of Avarice and the Demon Storyteller's Guide this month.
>>
Hey /wodg/! I have a question that's been bouncing around in my skull for a while now.

How do you describe the process of fleshcrafting in a vampire game?

Is it just the vamp grabbing flesh and pushing it around, does his hands sink into the skin of the person on the receiving end? Does he just wave his hands over the body and let his blood do the rest? A good fleshcrafter can apparently bestow additional beauty to a receiver, if they're so inclined.

Just how does that shit work?

I've never seen it actively used in a game, so that's why I'm wondering. Or is it normally just glossed over as "you use your fleshcrafting to change him"
>>
>>46096167
It's good, but it's not as comprehensive, ruleswise, as the first edition core.
>>
>>46096185
I think the best way to describe it would be as if working with clay. You shape it and mold it
>>
>>46096185

I always saw it as an actual molding and sculpting, as if the body itself had become the softest, prison-grade 12 granular clay.
>>
>>46096167
It's missing bits and references rules that don't exist.

eg. it talks about Conditions for people who lose their souls, but they are nowhere in the book (but where in the GMC 1e update)/

Also they have rules for lifting heavy things, but have no chart to show how heavy particular things are, so you have to use the one from the nWoD core book.
>>
>>46096167

Another shitty cash grab by OP
>>
>>46095958
Hey, fuck you, half of my problem is that the only thing 90% of people want to run is VtM, which I can't stand. And it's not like the people running those games are any better than Interdiction Camping man, either.
>>
atamajakki is a cool guy with good taste
>>
>>46096348

Onyx Path wanted to produce second editions of the nWOD from the very beginning. CCP would not agree, and OP was forced to produce the Chronicle books. After CCP changed its mind, they were converted to second editions.

After the purchase of the WW IP, Paradox insisted that OP distinguish the classic WOD from the new WOD. Hence, the Chronicles of Darkness was borne, and more changes to the main corebook were necessary.

Simply, the CofD book was not a "cash grab" by OP, but rather an annoying, time consuming, and confusing mess necessitated by CCP and Paradox, forces outside of OP's control.
>>
>>46096481

Wow I never knew that, so OP is just a small indie dev that can't do no wrong and is struggling against the big meanie companies right?

Why is life so unfair?
>>
>>46096538

No, but the changes to the corebook were not due to OP's malfeasance or incompetence, and certainly wasn't a "cash grab."

WW is a licensed property, and issues with the licensor is really not that uncommon.
>>
>>46096538
Um, not exactly; OP is a small company - they have what, 3 actual employees? - made mostly of freelancers who's work for OP isn't their day job, it's something they do on the side because they enjoy it.

So, like, "cash grab" doesn't really make sense when they're not exactly making loads of money on ANY of what they do...
>>
File: image5.jpg (59KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
image5.jpg
59KB, 900x720px
>>46095093
>Can I assume he's using Obfuscate and only I can see his actual face?

No, he's absolutely visible.

>>46095139
>Why would Andrei be interested in that shit

Who knows?
But then he slaps your ass, too.

What do you do now?
>>
>>46096592
>No, but the changes to the corebook were not due to OP's malfeasance or incompetence

Referring to mechanics that aren't mentioned anywhere else in the book really does smack of incompetence or laziness though. Especially mechanics like soul loss which were printed in full for the GMC update and could have been copy-pasted without incident.
>>
>>46094807
>>46096600
Fix your fucking aspect ratio.
>>
>>46096600
>No, he's absolutely visible.
Then I shove a lighter in his face.
>>
>>46096703
OH NO! BASHING DAMAGE! MY ONE WEAKNESS!
>>
>>46096618

No one is suggesting that there aren't some problems with the CofD book that definitely need to be addressed.

However, the issues that lead to the creation of the God Machine Chronicles then a nWOD 2e that needed to be converted to the CofD was most certainly not a "cash grab" by Onyx Path, as originally suggested.
>>
>>46096353

Who're all the people running WoD on Roll20 again?
>>
>>46096356
atamajakki actually has shit taste but they seem fine as a human.
>>
File: hfg88.jpg (75KB, 892x896px) Image search: [Google]
hfg88.jpg
75KB, 892x896px
>>46096703
>Then I shove a lighter in his face.

"He chose... poorly."
>>
>>46096746
He's from Masquerade. It'd do aggravated damage if it made contact, but the point is an attempt to provoke fear frenzy.
>>
>>46096770
a bunch of nameless idiots and me, another nameless idiot running Werewolf 2E for my friends via roll20.
>>
>>46096262
>>46096245
alright, that makes sense. Thanks anons. I was getting too caught up with the details of it.
>>
Is keen observer *** good?
>>
>>46096905
Is "kill the source of the danger" a valid response when in fear frenzy?
>>
How different are Werewolf tribes from 1e to 2e?
>>
Hey which 2e books had "Chronicles" before the switch to 2e
>>
>>46097407
There was Demon, Beast and Blood/Smoke before they were made into CofD
>>
>>46097488
Is GMC 2e?
>>
>>46097511
It's 1.5
>>
>>46097511
GMC was 2e before CCP let them just call it 2e, yeah.
>>
>>46097327

They gained favored enemies; the Blood Talons hunt other werewolves, for instance.
>>
>>46097407

Just the God-Machine Chronicle and Blood and Smoke: The Strix Chronicle. Demon is a 2e game, but it has its GMC update baked into the book and still technically needs a copy of World of Darkness Core Rulebook 1st Edition.
>>
holy fuck the world of darkness subreddit is pure cancer

i'm never leaving you again /cofdg/
>>
>>46097737

Werewolf 2e was gonna be The Wolf Must Hunt: The Idigam Chronicle. Mage was the Fallen World Chronicle, Promethean was the Firestorm Chronicle, and Changeling was the Huntsmen Chronicle.
>>
>>46097320
No, that's anger frenzy. With fear frenzy, you get "kill whatever's between you and safety, unless it takes too much time."
>>
>>46097947

What, r/White Wolf? I always had the impression that it was a tolerable place. What was so bad about it?
>>
>>46097979
Technically, they all still are
It's Mage the Awakening: Second Edition, Featuring the Fallen World Chronicle
they're all [splat name]: Second Edition, Featuring the [Splat-specific thing] Chronicle, they just get shortened to [splat name] 2e because writing the featuring part every time takes a while
>>
>>46097947
And what we're saints?
>>
>>46098133

They're talking about how oWoD needs to stay racist.
>>
>>46098778
>>>/lgbt/

Don't be a hypersensitive little bitch, you got your pronoun shit and you still aren't happy.
>>
File: hid1.jpg (722KB, 1913x2475px) Image search: [Google]
hid1.jpg
722KB, 1913x2475px
>>46097327
There's more focus on what they do, including sacred prey. They get a unique siskur dah rite condition, and some rites only for them
>>
File: hid2.jpg (488KB, 1913x2475px) Image search: [Google]
hid2.jpg
488KB, 1913x2475px
>>46099095
>>
File: hid3.jpg (628KB, 1913x2475px) Image search: [Google]
hid3.jpg
628KB, 1913x2475px
>>46099124
There's hints that there may be more firstborn or possible future tribe totems

and the Pure tribes aren't all superevil enemies anymore
>>
>>46099175
new thread
>>
>>46099157
Lycaon-Ur is straight up trying to become the totem/Firstborn for a new Tribe in the book's Poland hunting ground.
Granted, said new tribe would be in a weird place of breaking a ton of the Forsaken's Oath of the Moon but still not being Pure, if they did ever succeed.
>>
>>46099194
>>46099183
I'm curious, do you actually read and talk in these threads at all, or do you just make your threadly "Chronicles of Fagness" post then fuck off until the thread is nearing the bump limit?
>>
>>46099252
I do read the threads, but i dont post often.
>>
Got a question for the general.
Do you guys consider werewolf regeneration as Enhanced Natural Healing or a form of Supernatural Healing?
The distinction between the two may play little part for werewolves themselves but lets say its natural healing a wolfblooded who awakens he can shrug off the resistant damage because he can heal 1 bashing a turn.

But if its supernatural healing paradox still a great risk and lets say the wolfblooded is turned into a vampires would gain great benefit of it. As vampires do not heal from wound naturally, but if its supernatural the vampire can heal without spending vitae.

I would love to hear a dev answer to the question.
>>
>>46098778
Its not racist its just a product of the times it was written
>>
>>46099571
It's still racist
>>
>>46099841
But at the same time that doesn’t mean its without merit or worth. Infact preserving some aspects of it help give it its atmosphere, like to me OWoD is the 90s, made into a game and I want to keep all the elements that make it up.
>>
>>46100135
Why are you even trying? this is the kinda guy spams "B-But Lovecraft was horrible racist person!!!" on /lit/ when people attempt to discuss him.
>>
>>46099571
Wouldn't that mean that, now that it's being re-written, we could cut that stuff out?
>>
>>46100900
>>46100213
What I'd say is that while it may be racist slightly that to preserve the atmosphere and themes we might want to keep it. Yes its a view thats wrong,
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.