[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #741: Getting Carried Away Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 531
Thread images: 42

File: 1442013359136.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1442013359136.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46026360
>>
>>46039870
>Getting Carried Away Edition
So, like bridal carries?

Huh. . .

Jumpers! Who among you have actually married your companions? Has anyone presided over a marriage? Whose was it, and how'd it go?
>>
Couple of questions about Tsukihime: how physically impressive can Dead Apostles become? And do you still have the weaknesses post-jump? Usually I assume you don't, but I'm a little confused for this jump.
>>
So, about SS jump: To Treat WIth Spirits gives you a shamanistic sort of magic. Exactly how does it work post-Jump? Are the spirits just kind of...there, or do you default to treating with the local equivalent of spirits?

Also, which are the best spirits to treat with anyway?
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 1220x1116px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 1220x1116px
Tell me /JC/ have you given stands to anyone in other settings?
>>
>>46039923
If only.
>>
>>46039215
I'm not sure, it was only shown the one time afaik.
I doubt it though because devil fruit aren't exactly "normal" fruit in any sense of the word.
Carry a selection to make sure i guess?
Otherwise any out-of-jump scrying power or Harry Potter style "point me" spell should be pretty much foolproof.
Kill user, scry for devil fruit, pick it up.

Looking at the OP jump the fruit selection you can pick up just by taking Plot Bound as a drawback and following Luffy around with a seastone knife is pretty extensive - just kill the dudes he leaves lying around after his fights.

If you're more proactive about it you could pick up the Dark-Dark fruit as early as Jaya - Blackbeard may be a tough customer (by in-series standards), but he's also seriously overconfident.
A seastone weapon and some generic strength/toughness should be enough to get him.
>>
Teo question:
Can I connect an AI to my mind to perform calculations for Nanoha magic?

And what's the best way to go about doing so?
>>
The same way the jumper can import a race as his own in the Civ Jump can it also be done for the other civilizations in jump
>>
>>46039969
Two questions*
>>
>>46039954
Actually, yeah. I ended up giving Madoka a Stand. It actually helped a lot, and combined with Hamon and training helped her fight Witches without becoming a magical girl.
>>
>>46039969
Supreme Commander gets you an AI symbiont if you're Cybran.

Otherwise there's plenty of "instant math" perks. Savant from Pokemon for example. KOTOR jedi get that too iirc.
>>
>>46040044
Thanks. I just like the idea of having an AI assistant in my head.
>>
>>46039928
As far as I know the weaknesses remain. You may or may not be able to switch out of them with an altmode, I'm not sure.

As for physically impressive-my understanding is for the first few centuries DAs are kinda like regular ol' vampires. But in nasuland, things get really weird after about 4000 years of existence. See, DAs where originally created as a food source for the True Ancestors (basically Nasu fairies with really bullshit probability manipulation abilities-like Arcuied), like JoJo vampires and Pillar Men actually. But the oldest ones-the Dead Apostle Ancestors-start basically mutating into eldritch abominations through a combination of reality marble shenanigans, decreasing humanity and-okay I honestly have no fucking clue why Sumire can use the Marble Phantasm, it's very much not a regular thing, and Roa has his own bag of bullshit from being a magus, and some of the DAAs are technically only on the roster as an honorary position from their threat to humanity rather than being "proper" Nasuverse vampires.

The point being-things in Nasuland tend to get WEIRD and POWERFUL after living long enough, and I honestly have no fucking clue if outside Gaia's grand reality marble DAs have the potential to do that sort of shit. I do know that potentially using alchemy and/or magecraft you can alter yourself into something more, like Roa and N-dawg did (although as for the latter case I think he picked up the phantasmal beasts somewhere else rather than created them himself; I'm not sure though). Which is probably a bad idea because it resulted in reincarnative nerfing/memory loss and a reality marble gone out of control melting the body into a sort of primordial soup respectively.
>>
>>46039988
If you can, it says so in the jump. If it doesn't, you obviously can't.
>>
I have a couple of questions related to NGE and Soul Eater if anyone can answer them:
1. Does the Strong Soul perk effect your Angel form in anyway? I've been led to believe the Angel's body is basically a manifested soul body or something like that.
2. Does the Ineffable Angel perk effect the Madness Wavelength perk, and if so, how much? From what I've seen, Angels seem to be at LEAST on par with Endgame manga Asura, but I'd rather get some outside ideas on this.
3. Are we allowed to make our own kinds of Madness wavelengths, or do we have to use canon examples? I noticed some other Anon a couple threads back made a Madness of the Flesh, which sounds cool, but again, I'd like an outside opinion. Thanks.
>>
>>46040105
That's... Huh. That's good to know. I mostly meant how impressive are their physical abilities? Can they compete with Servants?
>>
>>46040105
Imagine if you pulled off some Dust of Osiris shit.
>>
>>46040263
Oh. Um. I'm not sure, old DAs tend to get weird and conceptual so it's hard to point out an "average" one.

I've a gut feeling your stats-apart from luck and mana obviously-might be comparable after living long enough, though. Old DAs tend to be tough as nails.
>>
>>46040330
What, become a suicidal egyptophilic goth? I did that when I was younger, shit was lame.

>>46040241
1. Makes you buffer, I guess

2. Less certain about this but at the very least I imagine it could amplify the wavelength by increasing the broadcast range

3. I think we're allowed to, just use canon examples as a guideline for what you can develop
>>
>>46039954
...huh, I'm suddenly considering if giving Stands to a Meister-Weapon Pair in Soul Eater would increase their soul resonance
>>
>>46040401
Why would it?
>>
>>46040401
That is an amazing idea. It's interesting to note a swarm of plankton developed a collective Stand at one point, so it's possible the pair could end up with one Stand between the two of them if their souls resonante closely enough at the time, or depending how being pricked by the Arrow affects them
>>
>>46040376
Oh, alright. Thanks Anon. About how much bigger do you think the broadcast range would be? Normally it starts out large building sized, but what about in this case? I'd say maybe a small town? I mean, you're going from Drop-in to Eldritch Abomination, so that SEEMS about right.
>>46040503
Like Crona and Ragnarok?
>>
>>46040493
well, Stands are described as being a piece of a soul that has "broken off" from the user, and become it's own personality, correct?
that's two more souls to resonate with, and they'd naturally be on the same frequency as their users, so bonding with them would be much easier than normal team resonance.
>>
>>46040535
Small town sounds about right.

And...maybe? I dunno who Crona and Ragnarok are
>>
>>46040619
Crona has Black Blood inside of him, which is the melted down form of Ragnarok, his Weapon.
Ragnarok kinda manifests as a stand by busting open a scar on his back and coming out as his blood, it's weird because it doesn't seem to hurt him.
>>
Speaking of Tsukihime, is it possible to learn how to create conceptual weapons?
>>
>>46039923
Have a waifu waiting for me back home, but that's not to say I haven't been to and participated in plenty of weddings. I'm married on paper in Slice of Life, but Chisame says that's to get her folks off her back about settling down from her wild game blogger lifestyle. As captain of my own Battlestar in BSG, I officiated several weddings both during and after the Exodus. Most of those were pretty bare-bones, just enough to meet the legal requirements since all resources were pretty thin.

Among my own Companions, there's really more of a general, if very tight, comraderie between all of us, though especially between me and Emmy, my oldest Companion, and E and the Razorback tend to hang out a lot, both being ships. It's almost funny how E's become the sorta Den Mother of our group.

>>46039870
Speaking of Getting Carried Away, for the Cardcaptor Sakura drawback that takes all your "powers" away, turns them into Cards, and scatters them everywhere...

Is each individual perk make its own Card, or do "stacking" perks get lumped together? Example, do I need to go hunt down eighteen different strength buffs, each a different Card with a different name, or is there just one "Stronk" Card that's all of them together?

I'm also assuming that they go around causing havoc and mayhem like the Clow Cards do, and have to be sealed away in a similar manner. Do they stay as Cards or do I get to "reabsorb" them? After so long, using several of these perks is just a habit and having to draw the card and invoke the perks would be...inconvenient.

Y'all's thoughts on the above?
>>
>>46040668
Yep. Says so under Artificer, I think.
>>
>>46040619
In essence, Ragnarok IS Crona's blood. They have the same body, and their souls are fused together in the manga.
>>46040657
I think it causes Crona pain when Ragnarok was still big and buff. Also, he can pop out from other parts, like the stomach when Crona temporarily absorbed Asura in the manga.
>>
>>46040714
Any way is most fun, I'd say.
>>
>>46040714
Hmm, I'd say that depends. Are the strength perks related to transformations, like the Beast form from Bloodborne, or are they simply generic strength boosters? I'd say the former would be separate, but the latter would be singular. Also, reabsorb, I think.
>>
>>46039923
>Jumpers! Who among you have actually married your companions?
Guilty as charged. Three times actually.
>Has anyone presided over a marriage?
Also yes. Multiple times as well.
>Whose was it
Most commonly, it was between my companions and whatever temporary suitors they've acquired.
>and how'd it go?
For the most part, very smoothly beyond the typical wedding hiccups. Except the first time. About that...

Fun fact: traditionally the best man is the groom's closest friend or sibling, one that the groom is able to trust with his life. And historically, or perhaps not, there was a reason for that as the best man (and to a certain extent the groomsmen as well) was chosen specifically to help the groom kidnap and/or protect from kidnapping the bride to be. And when the best man can turn into fire breathing badger, perhaps trying to kill someone for "daring to soil the noble purity of the Queen with his tainted commoner blood" is not the best of plans for continued survival.
>>
>>46040784
I do tend to go for the "more fun" option, though having to work for my powers might teach me some humility pffft.

>>46040874
Most are direct buffs, which I've assumed are independent of whatever alt-form I'm in unless they're specifically for one (like Might for Kaiju). So, agreeing with you, all the direct buffs are one Card while there's going to be a Kaiju running around at some point. Super Fun, hope it's after I get some of my other bits and bobs back.
>>
>>46040619
Not him but if a weapons madness wavelength can be boosted to a small town it makes me wonder what an angel at full size would be able to cover.
>>
>>46041020
That...was what I meant by an angel at full size, actually
>>
>>46040932
Wait, what. Explain this first wedding story, Marriage Anon.
>>46041011
Sounds about right. Oh, have fun racing with Sakura to get your powers back before she seals them, by the way.
>>46041020
It starts out at small town, Anon, but would probably max out(after a couple of years/decades) at the entire planet, especially if you add the Strong Soul perk, given how powerful Angels are and how the Ineffable Angel is based around that kind of stuff.
>>
>>46041115
Good because my ineffable and madness wavelengths both do roughly the same thing.
>>
>>46041115
before she...blerghle.

I'm gonna hafta beat up a ten-year-old to get all my stuff back. Or at least trip her a few times. I'd feel bad about that if I wouldn't be a nine-year-old girl at the time.

And just for added fun, all of the alt-forms are going to be mid-bosses. woo.
>>
>>46041199
You have the Madness of Mind Rape wavelength? Because that's what the Arael expy that is Ineffable is built for.
>>46041231
Could be worse. You could have taken one of the higher end perks, like Alucard's Embrace. Or Angel form. If you took the former, you're in trouble, the latter? Nice knowing you and the setting.
>>
What jumps warm the heart?
>>
>>46042108
Undertale? Slice of Life? A jump that literally sets your heart on fire?
>>
So I'm confused as I know nothing about the source material
Can a Stand become both awakened and requiem or only one?
>>
>>46042108
Any D&D 3.5 jump has a spell to warm up your heart, and blood, mostly blood actually, but casting Boiling Blood would warm your heart up too.
>>
>>46042161
Only one, I think. Technically there's no real evidence either way since Requiem and Awakened Stands are fairly uncommon but given the circumstnaces you'd think the people involved would've tried to find out if you could have both.
>>
>>46042161
Only one, though considering the sheer power difference that's only fair. Requiem Stands are insane.
>>
>>46042198
From what I understand there was an entire plot about these Arrowheads, how the fuck did one of them not intentionally scratch themselves then their stand?
Oh well, regardless, the power I got from the Stand generator is too good, so I'm going Requiem
>>
>>46039923
Yes, to Lapis in Gravity Falls, because 160 years is generally considered enough time to tell if you really love someone. And yes, because you don't become the the most major god of an Empire whilst still existing and interacting with said Empire and expect people not to want you at ceremonies, not to mention I just like weddings.
>>46039954
Constantly. Ignoring the Empire, Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, Rudeus Greyrat, Shinji Ikari, a good chunk of Canada in GATE, Taylor Hebert, most of Remnant, Fran, most of humanity in the MCU, Shirou Emiya, Ganta in Deadman Wonderland, Simon and Kamina, mosts of the Peaseants in Familiar of Zero, a substantial portion of humanity in Destiny, Asura, most of Humanity in Naruto, Abridged Alucard, humanity in Lovecraft, most of humanity in Young Justice, Rick and Morty, and a few people in Spice and Wolf.
>>46042243
What did you get?
>>
>>46042261
Forgot my image.
>>
>>46042261
Stand Name: Renegades

Stand Ability: [Kinetic Energy Absorption](http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Kinetic_Energy_Absorption)

Power - D

Speed - C

Range - B

Durability - D

Precision - B

Potential - A

Description: The power to absorb kinetic energy and utilize it in some way. A sub-power of Kinetic Energy Manipulation and Energy Absorption. The user can absorb kinetic energy, while removing it from the source, into their body and use it in various ways, gaining some form of advantage, either by enhancing themselves, gaining the drained power, using it as power source etc., either temporarily or permanently.

I altered the ranks a bit because they were almost all D's and E's, but the ability was completely random
>>
>>46042261
>Shinji Ikari with a Stand
Did he summon an Evangelion sized Stand?
Did you teach him how to 'ORA ORA ORA!'?
>>
>>46042322
Yes and Yes.
>>
>>46042295
Going off of this, would a good Requiem power be that it magnifies the energy it takes in ten-fold? so someone kicks me at normal speed/strength, I negate the movement and I can kick back with 10 times the force?
>>
So, in a past thread, ASA mentioned that he/she/they/whatever received the cosmic equivalent of a smack on the ass in the Bloodborne jump.

Just for kicks, how do you think one would go about replicating this feat?
>>
>>46042343
Good. Shinji, Rei, Asuka, heck anyone NERV not named Gendo Ikari deserve a happy ending. Plus, now I'm seeing Zeruel as Dio.
>>
>>46042400
Does he mean like a doctor's slap or a 'dat ass' slap? 'Cause if it's Bloodborne it should be the former since all the old ones basically just want adopted kids to love.
>>
>>46042417

From what I recall, it was very much a 'dat ass' kind of slap, but I could be misremembering.
>>
>>46042417
Don't they just want kids in general? I guess some of them must have found him attractive.
Nyarlathotep certainly did.
>>
>>46042417
Considering you see two characters get impregnated in the game alone, and you see Queen Yharnam who shows the bloodstains of birth - it seems to vary, but they very much go for a "dat ass" slap.

A reminder that Formless Oedon is embodied in sound, and it's his work that gets Arianna and Fake!Iosefka knocked up. Be careful.
>>
>>46042487
Nah, the thing is that their own kids leave them for some reason. They can't keep and raise their own children, thus why they seek out other beings to adopt.
>>
>>46041115
Well, technically it was the second marriage. And second wedding (in strictest sense of the term) for that matter, but if was the first Wedding. In essence, I already explained it but I shall expound a little. As an aside, I fanwank that I don't remember what choices I make until after the jump is over, beyond which universe it is that I'm hopping into. Anyway onto the short version.

It was the Disney Princess jump. As it was an early early jump, I had very little to my name beyond my Companions. The first couple years very little happened as I was very conservative in my early days. But the most important thing was that I met a young lady that went by the name of Anne. And naturally, love ensued because of course it does. Things were great. Until the coronation of the kingdom's new Queen. Upon which three very important secrets were outed. First and most importantly, her name wasn't actually Anne, it was Elsa. Secondly, she was a fuggin' witch. Last and mostly least, she was actually the new Queen (let's be honest here, it was a whirlwind romance in a Disney universe. The chances that she wasn't someone important was pretty slim. I just wasn't expecting a Queen.) Also, she was kidnapped by the Evil Queen Next Door. Cue rescue.

One musical interlude and climatic battle later and we were reunited and soon engaged. Come the wedding and it turns out that my being a commoner has raised the ire of the crotchety old nobles to the degree that one attacks the wedding with a band of soldiers. Only to be roasted alive since Quilava doesn't give a fuck she does what she wants.

And that's how Anonymous saved Christmas.
>>
>>46042537
Really now? Guess empty nest syndrome is a thing for Old Ones too.
>>46042553
Noice. Quilava is an awesome starter, good taste. Wait, you married Elsa? I guess you could say, you MELTED her heart! Eh? Eh?
>>
>>46042597
No! Fire puns are bad!
I was a Pidgeot in PMD. So naturally
I blew her away.
>>
>>46042648
You really were the wind beneath her sails, Anon.
>>
File: kosm.png (542KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
kosm.png
542KB, 1280x1280px
>>46042537
I thought they had problems actually having kids, though. Hence why Mergo had an entire nightmare created to incubate it, and how much of a big deal it was that Kos left an orphan behind at the cost of its' (her?) own life?
>>
>>46042694
Why can't it be both?
>>
>>46042663
I must admit that it was quite the feather in my cap.
>>
>>46039923
Nope!
Although, during Tenchi Muyo, a lot of companions were suddenly interested, thanks to that abominable drawback. Of course, the conditions of said drawback meant I mostly ran my ass off whenever they got near.
I had a tendency to crash at Tenchi's place in a "Don't tell people I'm here!" sortof way.

On a spur of the emotional moment, though, I did sortof promise exactly one of those companions that, if they still wanted to marry me at the end of the chain, I'd accept.
Just before I leapt out the window.
Strangest thing, they stopped chasing me after that.

>>46039954
Nope! Don't have a stand. Or arrows, for that matter.
I have probably taught the Spin to people, though. It's mostly geometric calculations and follow through.
>>
>>46042766
I see that you have also been a wingman. You didn't act TOO birdbrained, did you?
>>46042779
>No Stand
Didn't someone promise to protect your smile too, Konata Anon?
>>
So how would someone with an Ability Stand go about scratching it to make a Requiem?
>>
File: happysloth.gif (1MB, 300x227px) Image search: [Google]
happysloth.gif
1MB, 300x227px
>>46039954
Harry Potter, and Voldemort by accident.
Fran Madaraki
Tucker and Sam from Danny Phantom, to help them fight ghosts.
And Xander from Buffy

Probably others, but those are the ones that come to mind.

>>46042553
>>46042597
>>46042648
>>46042663
>>46042766
>>46042851
>>
>>46042904
Scratch yourself with it?
>>46042922
You seem like a philoslothical kind of Anon.
>>
>>46042963
But wouldn't that just make you Awakened?
>>
>>46042963
Isn't that stabbing yourself with it?
>>
>>46043024
Wrong post, meant >>46043014
Why did I reply to myself?
>>
>>46042904
Stab whatever effect your Stand has with the Arrowhead.

If it's not something you can really touch, try it anyway just to be certain.

If both fail, stab yourself while using your Stand ability. Don't let up before you cut yourself, while the Arrowhead is cutting you, and a bit after just to be sure.
>>
>>46043024
I was under the impression that stabbing and scratching had the same result
>>
File: Kanata.jpg (26KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Kanata.jpg
26KB, 500x281px
>>46042851
Yep! I was Gio's paraplegic little sister, who supported him in all things. I couldn't really pose, and I didn't sparkle, and I wasn't fabulous at all, but I was still reasonably attractive and I sortof made up for it by being nice to people and emotionally supportive. That was even before I was loaded up on cute perks, so I guess I kindof had that maiden thing going on.
Also, I was still pretty good with machines and food and sewing and some business savvy, so it's not like I couldn't help out in small ways.
I just wasn't a main character.

Lately I've started slowly making my way through the Gio chapters of Jojo, because I guess that's something I should probably know about. Gio's pretty great, so I'm having fun.
>>
>>46043119
No, stabbing yourself once gets you the Stand, twice gets you Awakened, and scratching the Stand gets you Requiem.
>>46043132
Good for you, Konata-Oh God that means your Dio's kid too.
>>
File: 1457647814211.png (388KB, 937x611px) Image search: [Google]
1457647814211.png
388KB, 937x611px
Building off the marriage question, has anyone ever married someone who wasn't a companion? Is it even moral to do so when your nature prevents the two of you from being together for the rest of your lives?

And what about your kids? I think there was a rule about you being able to count children as companions, but I don't recall anything similar for spouses. How would that conversation go?
>>
>>46043197
>Hey Missus Jumper, wanna go on an adventure?
>Nooooooyes?
>Excellent
[Podding intensifies]
>>
File: Giorno Fem.jpg (316KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Giorno Fem.jpg
316KB, 600x800px
>>46043162
KONO-ATA DA!

Pic because I don't have an appropriate jojo image on hand.
>>
>>46043197
I think you can companion spouses. Jump-Chan's sadistic, not evil. Also, I may or may not have been shotgun wed to a Lovecraftian monster or two. Unwanted Harem drawback is a hell of a drug.
>>46043263
Wow, you must have the cutest Brando in ZA WARUDO!
>>
Guys I took the 77 Rings drawback in JoJo, The Reset Era, it's my fourth jump, and I've got >>46042295 as my stand, how fucked am I?
>>
>>46043316
Well judging from what the jumpmaker said in ye olden days, the 77 Knights are all at your level.

So.

Have fun.
>>
>>46043316
Enjoy your dinosaur warriors.
>>
>>46043316
What were your other jumps? You seem fine, so long as you don't screw with Valentine or a certain Brando from an alternate universe. In which case, you are the unluckiest Anon in ZA WARUDO. Wow, second time in a row I've been able to make that joke.
>>
>>46042779
>spoiler
Who?
And is it because they accepted, or saw just what you'd do to get away?
>>
>>46043197
> has anyone ever married someone who wasn't a companion?
I've considered it, but so far it hasn't happened. Just seems cruel marrying someone when I know there's a solid chance I could loose the chain and never see them again.
>And what about your kids?
Given that I've avoided getting married I don't have any kids that I know of. That said I've actually adopted older children during a few of my safer jumps. Tends to work out well with them being old enough to survive on their own by the time I leave and having know this was eventually going to happen from the outset.
>>
>>46043345
Oh, phew, I just noticed that it doesn't have to be a solo battle, I can bring friends
>>46043364
Pokemon of course, then FMA where I got Truth, then SAO where I picked up Kirito's Reflexes and Klein. I've got the Arrowhead so I can give Klein a Stand since there's no way in hell he doesn't have a strong soul, and teach him alchemy of course, but my real concern is the time limit of The Reset. Is it possible to get all 77 rings in time to avoid the plot?
>>
>>46043316
Depends on your 3 jumps from before.
>>
>>46043459
>>46043446
>>
>>46039923
I used a blue feather, and married someone into companionship.

>>46043197
My companions married people who weren't companions. They'll only marry people who can come with us though, otherwise I'll spend hours yelling at them about leaving their spouse behind to go on adventures, and even threaten to leave them behind. They don't like that very much. So, it's mostly been people on the Light of Terra. Falco married the leader of the Dust Rats and has had her fair share of boytoys since he passed, Chimmy had a harem at one point but can't be bothered to maintain one anymore, Toby has been through at least a wife every two hundred years or so. The Shas'O has only had one wife, a fellow fire-caste with a decent sense of humor. I don't think he'll ever want anyone else.
>>
>>46043446
Sure-Wait, Post-Reset or the actual Reset arc? Because if it's the latter, KILL PUCCI BEFORE HE GETS MADE IN HEAVEN.
>>
>>46043484
Actual Reset arc, the reason I'm worried is it's just one year, also I have no clue who Pucci is, maybe I should read up on the source material
>>
>>46043507
Pucci is the BBEG of that arc. Made in Heaven is one of the most powerful Stands in-universe, and it allows him to kill off most of the main cast and restart the universe. It's why there IS a reset.
>>
>>46043507
Also IIRC you'll "survive" the reset, but you'll be stuck in prehistoric Jojo for the rest of your stay there. Who knows what the hell will happen then, just that very fabulous dinosaurs will show up to fight you if you had the 77 rings challenge drawback.
>>
>>46043610
...my god I'm just going to let the plot go to the Reset then, that's awesome
>>
>>46043641
Heh, if you got the post-Reset arc, you would've met Diego Brando, whose stand, Scary Monsters, turns him INTO a dinosaur. Though he stole it, which means you could have too, if you were in that arc and didn't have a Stand.
>>
>>46043691
...how interested do you think Klein would be in getting the power to turn into a samurai dinosaur?
>>
File: dino on a rampage.gif (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
dino on a rampage.gif
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>46043641
We need dinosaur anon's standard gif for this, I think. Does anyone have that saved?
>>
>>46043507
Pucci is this black priest who loves DIO religiously and wants to murder the Joestars because they killed his god.

His Stand, White Snake, can steal other people's memories and Stands by taking a disc out of their head.

After some convoluted shit involving sinners turns one of DIO's finger bones into the Green Baby, which then turns into the Stand C-Moon which can control gravity after Pucci spouts nonsense to it for a bit, he goes to Florida and turns it into Made In Heaven and starts fucking with time.

If you're a Joestar he might try to kill you even if you let him do it though.
>>
>>46043691
So if you go to the reset and wait it out couldn't you meet Jesus? The source of stands in the resetverse and what enables Dio to go World Over Heaven?
>>
>>46043749
...that's convoluted as fuck and I may kill him on principle, though from what I just googled killing him while he has Made in Heaven resets the timeline so I guess I'll just have to kill him before then
shouldn't be too hard if I use alchemy, no one expects an attack that isn't from an enemy stand, right?
>>
>>46043713
Oho, now you're cooking. For reference, it originally belonged to Dr. Ferdinand, Diego stole it with Jesus' Left Eye(Yes, you can acquire Jesus' body parts) and it can also turn others into dinosaur minions. Have fun!
>>46043782
Yes, but you would have to live that long AND choose to stay.
>>
>>46043345
Man, drawbacks like this just seem irresponsible to take. Especially for a late Jumper.
>>
>>46043892
good thing I'm an early jumper then?
>>
>>46043921
Not talking about your case. Just in general.
>>
>>46043934
Depends on the jumps, the jumpers, and how long that jumper has been at it.
>>
File: image.jpg (214KB, 753x1062px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 753x1062px
>>46043263
WRRRRYYYY~!!
>>
File: sig.jpg (8KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
8KB, 150x150px
>>46039870
Jumpers! I come bearing builds!

Jump 51: Red Vs Blue
>Origin
Alias: Private Sparky, "Freelancer Agent Arkansas"
Sex: Female
Red (Drop-In)
>Location
Donut and Caboose's first day in Blood Gulch
>Abilities
Vic--always be able to phone Vic
Choice Words--always have perfect insult for any given occasion.
Aww he lived?--some bullshit always happens to keep me from dying accidentally. Purposefulkilling ends up as being imprisoned or something.
How Many in the What Now?--major buff to mental processing speed.
Master of the Incompetent--able to accomplish same amount and quality of work with less effort.
I Require Your Assistance--can instruct morons on how to do complex tasks, which won't be screwed up in a way that kills me.
>Items
Modified Mjolnir IV Armor--awesome powered armor with neat side powers.
Electromagnetic Pulse--EMP built into armor, without AI can feedback and damage own/allied systems.
>Drawbacks
Donut--Donut follows me around. There's a music player built into the helmet, so won't be too bad.
Deleted--no record of me exists anywhere.

So this one's going to be fun. Show up with Donut, who instantly barnacles to my armor. Enjoy being the only competent fighter in Blood Gulch until Tex shows up. Mostly hang out with the Reds, occasionally sneak around Blue Base on "recon missions" that are really snack raids, and just generally have a fun time until things get super serious towards the end of the Jump.
>>
>>46044095
Jump 52: SCP Foundation
Identity
D-Class
Alias: SCP-9806
Perks
Neural Censor--toggleable mental filter out memetic hazards
Total Recall--perfect memory, plus immunity to amnestics and other memory-affecting things.
Subjective Gravitation--able to mentally direct which way "down" is, choosing where gravity pulls.
Gear
Collection of Snack-Based SCPs
SCP-261
SCP-294
SCP-458
SCP-971
SCP-1386
SCP-143 Sapling
SCP-2149

I wrote up a fake SCP article, but it's way too long to post here, so I put it here:
http://pastebin.com/GiCNnAdU
>>
Hi guys, health has been kicking me in the teeth. Just got caught up on thread, I can go poke Libranon about questions in the morning if you guys assemble them for me.
>>
Sorry, I know this has been asked before, but I just rolled Adventure Time in my chain. What sort of powers would a Slime Monarch have?

Also, can I import a companion to the Magical Pet/Sibling role?
>>
>>46044288
oh good, I didn't kill thread
Jump 53: JC Avatar
>Identity
Alias: Jane Doe
Drop-In
>Body
Avatar--psychically-controlled Na'vi body. Only get one, but becomes alt-form after Jump.
>Location
Rolled 4: Omaticaya Clan Territory
>Items, Vehicles, and Companions
Exopack--lightweight, durable rebreather/filter.
Avatar Gear--set of clothes for Avatar, plus a machete
Link Shack--trailer with quarters, link system, power generation, research lab, medical station

There's really not a lot to do. I don't much care for the RDA, but I'm not going full tree-hugger hippie. Probably bluff my way into Hell's Gate and sell them tech to efficiently mine the unobtanium under Hometree without bulldozing it. Use the Avatar to deal with the Na'vi and other Avatars, but maintain a solitary residence with Emmy. The Movie's final conflict may or may not still happen, but if it does I'm likely to just sit back and watch.
>>
File: image.jpg (171KB, 487x1488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171KB, 487x1488px
PS238 (34)
--LOCATION--
Public School #238
--HOME LIFE--
Drop-In
Male, 39yo
--SKILLS & POWERS--
•Mystery Of The Mask
•Good Morning Professor!
•Good Morning Class!
•FISS 5 (250cp)
•Jumper Sensei (Custom Martial Arts) (-450cp)
--ITEMS--
•Communicator Watch (-500cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•Nothing Special (-300cp)
•Schoolboard Bully (Atlas) (0cp)

They call me Sevens, because I'm the 7th Flying Brick. Kinda unfair considering I'm a world renowned martial artist, I even made my own style. However the guy seems like a total douch towards me, because I gave his kid a B in Science & Math class. I told him, I know he went to the moon, but still no excuse to not turn your project on time. However it wasn't too bad, I had my gaggle of teacher's assistants. My companions were too happy being just teacher assistants, but I pounded them over the head lovingly but still they got the message.

We spent the next decade teaching and going on random adventures with the various teachers. We had lots of fun being in a less serious super hero setting, we could kick back relax and not worry about all the nasty stuff that usually pops up. Even with the asshole Atlas, who hounded me almost everyday. We even got into a major fight once or twice, and despite his overwhelming advantage, we usually ended up in a draw. He relied too much on his abilities, but not enough on actual hand to hand fighting. I gave him a good sucker punch right before my journey was up. It was for good measure.
>>
>>46044368
The upset anons probably didn't have questions like they claim.
>>
>>46044368

See:
>>45939467
>>45937424
>>
>>46044412
Jump 54: Battlestar Galactica
>Location
Rolled 12--Virgon
>Origin
Alias: Captain Jane Doe
Human Refugee
>Perks
Conscription
>Emmy
Human Refugee
Scrappy--fighting willpower buff
Origin Gear--Set of clothes suitable to Ship Officer, 100k cubits
Military Occupational Skillset--CIC, skills to run a command bridge
Fit to Fight--education of a Colonial Fleet Academy Grad, physical buff
>Chartreuse
Human Refugee
Social Savvy--quick scan can reveal social webs of a group
Parliamentary Professional--innate understanding of rules and laws, their interactions, and how to manipulate them.
>Chicky
Human Refugee
Like a Machine--strength and durability buff
A Mind that Burns Like a Fire!--major intelligence buff
>Enterprise
Human Refugee
>>
>>46044511
Is that really the big deal questions you kicked a storm up about? Jesus man.
>>
>>46044523
con'd
>Razorback
Human Refugee
Advanced Fighter--Cylon Sparrow, flying U with dog-level intelligence. Becomes Ray's pet.
>Hime
Human Refugee
Clandestine Champ--Sneak Buff, doesn't work on eletronic surveilance.
>Items
Capital Ship--Galactica-class Battlestar, fully-stocked and parked in orbit over Virgon. Named Defiant.
>>
>>46044532
Nah, I just got popcorn and watched when the shitstorms started. No idea what they wanted to ask.
>>
>>46044553
con'd
No sitting back and watching on this one. Have a year to prep the Defiant for the Cylon War, and take advantage of every minute we can. Start by establishing a droid factory/farm to create a crew, along with mildly upgrading the ship's systems to be crewed by as few as 600 droids at a time, along with gutting the cockpits of 120 MkII Vipers and installing custom droid brains and general system upgrades. Knowing what's ahead, convert a few of the Defiant's cargo bays to hydroponic farms with space-expansion charms to make them big enough to feed a full complement of 5,000. When the Cylons attack, play cavalry to the sublight-only ships that Colonial One and the Fleet abandon--knock out the rockets and the Raiders, then transfer civilians aboard to use the unclaimed bunks. Start with children, roughly 3,600 of them among all the ships, and then another 900 chosen by lottery. Finally, be Big Damn Heroes at Ragnar Anchorage, help the Fleet escape, and partner with Galactica to act as the protection detail. Everyone's wary of the droids, but their systems are incompatible with the Cylons so there's no danger of hacking. Adama doesn't like a "civilian" having control of a ship comparable to his without some chain of command over me, but there's not enough people left for him to do anything about it. Viper Droids help train the nuggets while defending the Fleet, and the Defiant works with Galactica on several projects throughout the Exodus.
>>
>>46044578
Last one I've got prepped.

Jump 55: Futurama
>Identity
Alias: Jane Doe
Delivery Girl
>Skills
Do the Hustle--able to dance for hours, very well
Backup--have backup harddrive implanted as part of braincase.
Rocket Science--understanding of spaceship mechanics.
>Items
Thompson's Teeth--teeth strength buff
Scooty Puff Jr.--flimsy little windup space scooter for kids
Scooty Puff Sr.--SP Jr's bigger badass gunnut cousin
>Drawback
Hhhuuuwha?--tend to be absentminded and forgetful.

Need some ridiculosity after that dramadark mess. Had to leave the Defiant behind, but she's ridiculously slow compared to local ships. Weasel my way onto the Planet Express crew for hijinks and such, and try not to die. Should avoid Suicide Booths, Giant Space Wasps, and Holiday Specials.
>>
>>46044553
Is Hime a literal princess?
>>
>>46044368
There was some talk about apparently in-universe the locks on books were broken at some point, that if you get two copies of things from books, you can use them to create other things without threat of char and that essentially there are no power concerns with creating sapient humanoids-only mental ones.

Basically, to what extent does the jump's notes override how libriomancy works in canon? I think the issue was apparently if the jump's canon does take precedence it'd be wholly possible to do things like splice Saiyan DNA en masse without any consequences, which was generally seen as too broken.
>>
>>46044673
maybe you can break the lock post-spark? that seems to be the most reasonable

also oh god I'm glad there's a practical outfit for magical girls in Madoka, I did NOT need any of that silly pink fru-fru shit, I went there for infinite guns and not much else.
>>
>>46044670
You wouldn't think it by how she asks, and you'd be right not to. She's been around almost as long as Emmy, and we'd both spend hours riding her.

Hime was originally my Tamed Shirshu from Avatar:TLA. Generic Magical Girl made her sapient, and Santa gave her a human form. Personality-wise, she acts like an oversized puppy, only (thankfully) without licking everybody's face. She'll always be my little princess, though. *annoying pet/baby talk*
>>
>>46044775
Well, that's why I'm asking him now. Doubt it'll matter much considering threadly opinion of the guy is about as low as it can get, but I don't recall any kind of consensus being reached on whether to keep or dump the jump so hopefully we can shed some light on these points.

>>46044368
To reiterate-I think the question about dodging char gain via copies of copies is one of the most crucial thing to ask about. The other being-someone apparently reproduced Balefire using libriomancy, except according to the guy I heard it from i thread it didn't behave like regular Balefire so what's up with that? Is the implication libriomancy only does subpar reproductions of sufficiently complex things?

Also apparently in canon people pulled things out of SCREENS as wel as books so-that should be doublechecked.
>>
>>46044288
>No files
No files what? No files what!
You've cut off a bit in your report.
>>
79. Cave Story
Origin: Mimiga (-50)
Perks: Moonjump, Built to Last (-100), Yamashita Dreams, Aren't You Forgetting Something (-100), Gentle Scent (-100), Keeper of the Garden (-200), The Power of the Red Flower (-300)
Items: A Red Flower Garden Plot (-150)
8 Companions (-400)
Drawbacks: Wartime Blues (+400)

Chimmy: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Arthur's Blade (-300)
Falco: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Fingers of the North Star (-100), Snake (-200)
Roberta: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, A Sweet Scarf and Hat Combo (-50), EWS (-150), Whimsical Star, Polar Star (-100)
Ko'el: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Bubbler (-300)
SoB: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Sky Dragon Egg (-200), Map System (-100)
Asriel: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Fingers of the North Star (-100), Advanced Transportation (-200)
Isaac: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Flesh and Metal (-300)
Toby: Researcher (-100), Moonjump, Spot the Bot, Sweet Hot Pink Superbike (-100), Machine Gun (-200)

So, here's the plan: Falco and Asriel forge me a weird gun that shoots blasts of ice. At second level it shoots bigger chunks for more damage. At max EWS it shoots dragon shaped blasts that I can cause to shift direction by shooting the gun a second time. It shifts at half the angle of the second fired shot, so if I shot forward, then up, the shot would change direction 45 degrees.

Asriel will shift into his Gogoat altform and due to mystical and biological reinforcements become my mount/battering ram. He's also in charge of building teleporters in the different zones. Everyone else will work as support while we fight our way to the Demon Crown, distracting the enemy robot army and making nuisances of themselves. They're basically Gandalf and Aragorn and the rest, while Asriel and I are Samwise and Frodo.

HUZZAH! LET'S GO BLOW UP A HAT!
>>
>>46039954
Where did you get that picture of me?
>>
>>46044908
*quick check* well, crap. *quick edit* there we go.
>>
Can somebody familiar with tales of Vesperia answer a question for me? The main benefit of both child of the full moon and Entelexeia appears to be casting magic without Blastia (i imagine these are sort of like ff7 materia?) If that's so is there any reason to take Entelexeia over child of the full moon?
>>
>>46044969
You get to be a giant badass monster that doesn't poison nature and life like a horrible plague the way the children do.

You can also be transformed into a much smaller but more powerful spirit that can metabolize aer properly.
>>
>>46044967
Phew. That was lucky. Who knows what that fiend could have done with those files.
Seriously, what did you do with the files? Did you actually not get in there?
>>
>>46042224
So is there any reason to go Awakened over Reqiuem? (Other than the Stand sentience)
>>
>>46045012
Fiend? I'm a fiend? I can't be a fiend, I'm too cute and cuddly. I'd say fluffy if it weren't for me staying in human form for (most of) that Jump.

It's amazing what an eidetic memory and a page per second reading speed can get you. That particular instance got me all of the personnel files and roughly a third of the documents concerning anomalies at Site-06-3. Even as paranoid as they are, they still assume I didn't get in if they caught me "trying to get in."
>>
In Medaka Box, does the Minus drawback that's required for buying any Minus powers mean you'll be a full-stop sadistic monster no matter what?
>>
>>46045199

Super star destroyer
>>
>>46045199
the Executor-Class Star Dreadnaught (RotJ's Super Star Destroyer) has a length of 19 km. If I recall the Light of Terra gets up to 23 km-ish please correct me someone who actually knows.
>>
>>46045221

What is bigger a super star destroyer or light of Terra also this was me >>46045221 correcting my self.
>>
>>46045278
http://www.merzo.net/indexSD.html
>>
In Bastion, would the activation of the Bastion's reset feature kill you/cause you to fail the jump? I ask because it seems that the Bastion forcibly resets the world to an earlier state before the calamity using core magic but in this earlier state the jumper wouldn't exist.
>>
>>46045278
>>
>>46044288
>Hanging out 706
>Not hanging out with Cain, that Mesopotamian God, the weird teleporting guy, or the cannibal that thinks he's King Henry.
>>
File: this must be the work of.jpg (22KB, 272x222px) Image search: [Google]
this must be the work of.jpg
22KB, 272x222px
>>46039923
>tfw married Eshe from Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs

>>46039954
Well, since you literally posted me, I'll oblige.

Things got /weird/ in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

>>46042284
Are you sure you didn't mean pic related?

>>46045327
I have no idea.
>>
>>46045249
16 to 36
>>
>>46045075
Little late, but to be honest, there's a slight danger of Requiem overwhelming you, plus there's the difficulty of actually acquiring a Stone Arrow in-univerese. Other than that, though...
>>
>>46045323

What class is the Light of terra
>>
>>46045376
Gloriana. It's custom. Baby said it can be something like 16-36km long and it's up to you.
>>
Okay, so it looks like the random number generator gods are going to punish me for saying my last Jump was bland. I rolled Forgotten Realms and Atropus as my Elder Evil Don't judge me I want those points!. My question is what the heck am I defeating? Because everything I'm finding just points to a dead moon in a slowly decaying orbit. I mean, I think I can blow up a moon. I have to be missing something, right?
>>
>>46045370
Don't you need the Arrow to get an Awakened stand, too?
>>
>>46045075
You could do both. Not at the same time but awakened first then requiem
>>
>>46045356
Damaged girls are my weakness. I just want to see them smile.

>>46045360
>>46045353
>>46045278
>>46045393

So yeah, the LoT's bigger unless you're a wimp and want a smaller version.
>>
>>46045394
It's a giant undead god in the shape of a moon. It causes a zombie apoc more or less.

Blowing up Atropus is only a good idea if you can kill all of him. Otherwise he splits into dead god fetuses.
>>
>>46045215
Well, that depends on your definition of monster, you won't necessarily be sadistic but you will find value in suffering.
Speaking of which, what would be the effect of combining the minus drawback with the messiah complex drawback?
>>
>>46045426
People said you can't have both, though.
>>
>>46045441
So reenacting Armageddon is out of the question, gotcha. Still, that seems rather weak compared to the rest of them.
>>
>>46045448
Maybe tone down the fact that you value others' suffering but ratchet up how much you value your own suffering?
>>
>>46045466
Their powerlevels are all over the place. There's a more powerful copy of Atropus in Pathfinder that will end all of reality if he touches NotSigil, though. They use dead atheists to scare him off.
>>
>>46045481
I'm rolling with D&D 3.5. I'm /way/ more familiar with that system than Pathfinder. Good to know though. Thanks.
>>
>>46045448
Hello Kotomine.
>>
>>46045574
You'll be able to roll with both when I finish, don't worry.
>>
>>46045607
Oh snap. That you, Venture-Captain?

Just one question: will there be OC Companions?
>>
>>46045630
OC companions for Pathfinder jump? I've never tried such a thing before, anon, so probably not.
>>
>>46045450
It doesn't say that in canon so i just fanwank.
>>
>>46045575
He doesn't want to save people though just suffering.
>>
>>46045670
Will there at least be an option to create new companions with a set amount of CP?

Will I be able to get a young dragon/wyrmling as a companion?
>>
>>46045075
Late answer, but:

If you're a powergaming jackass like me, you can delay getting either and go Awakened if you need a specific ability to deal with a situation you're not ready for yet. Awakened abilities are tailored to deal with whatever scenario caused the Stand user to be stabbed by the Arrowhead again. At least, that's what I've been told.
>>
>>46045607
There's still work being done on the pathfinder jump? That's awesome. I thought it was dead. I'd just about given up on waiting for the little stall jumpchan opens in your warehouse that sells magical reagents/crafting materials.
>>
>>46045835
Of course.

That suggestion is noted and I'm willing to consider it to some degree. I don't want everything to be dragons like FR. I do know for a fact though that small dragons will be available for familiars just like in the base game. Tons of cute, tiny, but intelligent dragons exist in Pathfinder that make for great familiars and companions so those are a definite. It's only anything outside of that which is questionable.

>>46045945
I'm working on it, yeah. I dunno about that suggestion, it was made to Megacorp and not me after I took it over, so I'm not sure what you wanted out of it.
>>
>>46045796
You are right he also wants to save them with despair as well.
>>
>>46045874
I dont really do the tailored to a situation thing my stand is a slow healing type until awakening then its decent but then its got absolutely shitty range and speed. Im trying to figure out which soul related ability it should have besides fixing unfixable damage and healing spiritual things.
>>
So in Nanoha, what exactly does Consumed by Darkness entail? What's the deal with the disease? And I remember someone saying that the book gave the canon owner an absurd amount of power, and since you have to take the Control Problems drawback with it, I'm wondering if it does for you, too?
>>
>>46045999
>he also wants to save them with despair
Sounds like he could be besties with ASA.
>>
So if I take Strong Spark from Girl Genius, then get my grubby paws on some scifi tech, I should be able to bullshit technobabble my way into achieving pretty much whatever, right? I mean, excusing the fact that half the time the end result will only be tangentially related to my original intention.
>>
File: ALL KINDS OF GAINS.webm (3MB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
ALL KINDS OF GAINS.webm
3MB, 850x480px
Have you achieved the gains you wanted?
>>
>>46045448
I think I asked something like that a while ago, and the answer I got was that you'd try to help people within the scope of your fucked-up morals. For example, if you saw a child crying because his teddy bear was missing an eye, you'd rip an eye off of every teddy bear in the city so that they'd all be the same.
>>
File: PRAISE SOTEK.jpg (250KB, 995x740px) Image search: [Google]
PRAISE SOTEK.jpg
250KB, 995x740px
>>46046326
>implying gains on a Skink Priest

Leave that to the Saurus Warriors.
>>
>>46046326
Why yes I...

>That webm

...okay. I know this is the same show that has people in monster suits fighting, but it felt like they were at least trying to convince people that they are giant robots.
That suit, however, is just so obvious.
They could have at least not used those bootleg hulk hands.
>>
What jumps have OC companions?
I'm thinking about starting a new chain where I don't pick up companions that I'll eventually drop.

It's too heart breaking
>>
>>46046622
Generic Virtual World, the Light of Terra, The World Ends With You, Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs, and if you want to make your own, Worm, Forgotten Realms, and Sword and Sorcery have options for that.
>>
>>46042261

How do you control the aftershocks?

Stands aren't consistent, if you give billions of people a stand then you'll have ridiculous numbers of utterly crazy - potentially universe destroying - bullshit.

And doesn't it kill most non-protagonists?
>>
File: 83a107_4560822.jpg (1MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
83a107_4560822.jpg
1MB, 2480x3508px
>>46046705
Like so many problems, I solved that using stable time loops. If someone would have a stand that would immediately be uncontrollably just with the basic ability, or if they would be killed by it with no chance to seal it away using Heterodyne Locket based Technology, I would be stopped by an older me, who I would later become by going back to tell myself to not stab the subject with the arrow.
>>
>>46046819

Makes sense!

I'd argue that there are vastly easier and more effective methods of mass empowerment, but none of those are as fabulous.
>>
Requiem:《HEAL THE WORLD》
Destructive power: B
Speed: A
Range: B
Durability: A
Precision: B
Developmental potential: E
Abilitiy(s): {Hand of Health}the stand can now restore some one's age back to the prime of thier life, as well as being able to heal spiritual wounds, and unhealable wounds and damage. This may take awhile and cannot be used in combat reliably but any wound spiritual or not can be healed. (The user cannot be healed with this ability.) The longer range means more people can be healed at a range of 20m. The vines can be controlled purple hermit style.
{Stand by Me} the stand wraps its self around the target copy the beings very soul. Any soul copied this way will be at least worth 1/10 of its original self. This cannot be used on the user and it rakes and incredible amount of time aswell as having permission from said person whose soul is to be copied.
The stand looks like a very thick jet blue version of purple hermit with hearts running all across its length and glowing golden crosses inside of the hearts.
Is this to over powered do i need to think of something different i tried to think of what would suit me it just felt right.
>>
>>46046819
Hey, would it be possible to use the Curse-B-Gone thing from Rick and Morty to remove the chance of dying after being scratched?
>>
>>46046913
That's not a curse, anon. It's an inherent trait.
>>
>>46046819
>If someone would have a stand that would immediately be uncontrollably just with the basic ability,
>I would be stopped by an older me
That... kind of depends on the stand not just, you know, killing you. Or doing anything else to make you not go back such as stopping time travel, mindfucking you, making itself seem like it was (is? would be?) less dangerous than it actually was...
>>
>>46046905
Hmm, should the speed really be A since all of the abilities are to slow to be used in combat?
>>
>>46046939
Not to mention preventage through time travel and loops is just.. I dunno...

dumb? Really removes the concept of actual character gain or loss because you're handholding yourself, in some cases likely literally?

I mean it's their chain, their story, their choice, but at the same time from a story standpoint it seems pretty limited
>>
>>46046946
The vines come out at near ludicrous speeds. It's one of the best combat related things unconsciously i can block attacks with it. The stand its self is fast the abilities are not, do you think that it should be changed.
>>
>>46046868
If you are talking about super-viruses, the Strange Formula from MCU, Cauldron Vials, Aura, Pyromancy, the Escafil Device, the Bending Scrolls, Hammon, Chakra, Deliver us from ACTRAISER, or just throwing a bunch of Tech at people, then yes, I also did that, but stands are cool, and I like to cover all of my bases.
>>46046939
But anon, she would be stopped by her future self if it was too dangerous, and in order, just killing them, Abomination and Astral Layers, and a lot of analysis perks and soul science.
>>46047002
That's what anti fate perks are for. I just prefer stable time loops because they feel cleaner and less likely to go horribly wrong.
>>
Someone a few threads ago mentioned a perk that lets you fuse with spirits/projections that you have. Anyone know what that's from?
>>
File: Further Shock.png (11KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Further Shock.png
11KB, 480x320px
>>46047035
>I just prefer stable time loops because they feel cleaner and less likely to go horribly wrong.
>Anything with time
>Stable
>No clue how anti fate perks account into any of this

You've lost me and I will admit we'll probably never see eye to eye on this matter besides me going, "That's dumb and doesn't make sense"
>>
>>46046905
Oh i forgot to put it can fix mental stuff as well, like insanity and multiple personalities.
>>
>>46047128
It was some comedy webcomic about a detective I think, the art style is really minimalist, kinda like stick figures, I don't remember the name though sorry
>>
>>46047128
>>46047188
Problem Sleuth?
>>
File: Time Travel for Dummies.png (82KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Time Travel for Dummies.png
82KB, 600x400px
>>46047153
A stable time loop is when the time traveller causes the event which causes them to time travel. Anti Fate perks are for letting me break a time loop by doing something that hasn't already happened and not be doomed to die of chronic doom radiation, effectively telling causality to go away while I do something that I very obviously didn't do the first time around. And let's agree to disagree, because time travel is awesome.
>>
>>46047236
Yeah that's it
>>
>>46047254
>>46047236
I'm not seeing anything like that in the jump.
>>
File: this is not wright.jpg (104KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
this is not wright.jpg
104KB, 400x240px
>>46047237
>because time travel is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLjIOzQTBHc
>>
>>46047237
That makes no sense whatsoever. That just doesn't. How does that make sense. When has anti-fate perks let you tell causality to go away? When has it ever worked like that?
>>
>>46047328
>>46047237
Have to agree, anti fate doesn't let you decide cause and effect freely. It just lets you stop, yknow, fate and destiny stuff, not cause and effect of something.
>>
>>46047298
Combat Operendi: Abstracted Thought, I believe.
>>
>>46047372
Really? Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I'm not seeing how that would let you fuse with a projection?
>>
>>46047319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeGw5QyX8Qo
>>46047328
>>46047348
Sorry, that was terrible phrasing on my part. It is more of a case of causing the timeline to diverge by not repeating what has already been done, essentially retconning what happened by not playing the fated part, and avoiding the resulting paradox with a combination of anti fate perks and anti time travel related issue perks.
>>46047372
>COMBAT OPERANDI: ABSTRACTED THOUGHT – Normally, you'd have to find a safe place to concentrate to project an imaginary version of you into the Imaginary Universe. With this skill, you no longer need to be actively imagining yourself to support their imaginary existence. Your imaginary self is now a fully functional extension of yourself capable of independent actions and thoughts. This could be applied to other psychic or metaphysical extensions of yourself, if you wish.
>[400 CP], discount Inspector
>>
>>46047428
* So it would allow you to have your projections act by themselves, not fuse with them.
>>
>>46047428
Would you mind posting your whole Perk combo for creating Stable Time Loops?
>>
>>46047348
If anything, anti fate ENFORCES cause and effect - making it so I that if you take an action then the consequences of the action occurs, and not some inescapable fated consequence that somehow occurs regardless of what else happens.

Admittedly that's making some assumptions about how 'fate' works.

Besides all that though, I'm sure we can all think of situations where anti destiny and time loops would go hand in hand, depending on the nature of the time loop, local metaphysics etc. And time loops are kind of neat.

Actuall, has there's ever been any talk about a Mother of Learning jump? /spoiler]
>>
>>46047428
That's what I thought. Oh well, thanks anyway to the anons who suggested it.
>>
>>46047428
That... still doesn't make sense at all. Anti-fate doesn't let people split timelines. I don't think "anti-fate" means what you think it means.
>>
>>46047237
How do you explain the Boot Strap Paradox?
>>
>>46047475
I think she shouldn't have used the word Fate, but perks to prevent herself being screwed over by time manipulation, plus perks, powers, or items that let her manipulate time is a very potent combo. Using just them I can see how you could do that sort of thing.
>>
There are perks that stop time travel from mucking you up, though.
>>
>>46047428
Alice, I think you're a little confused here: Anti-Fate is the ability to defy destiny, an abstract concept that enforces a singular, linear path to time, making sure events happen a certain way. This allows you to change a victory to a defeat, or vice versa. It allows you to kill those who were supposed to live, or save those who would die. It can even, at max, prevent the stars from aligning in a way that guarantees doom. It does not allow you to pull time shenanigans, and if anything would wreck a stable time loop because all the OTHER variables would change too.
>>
>>46047459
The most easy way I can think of is to take the Phoenix Gate in Gargoyles, since it can only create stable time loops, possibly combined with One possible future from your point of view from the Terminator Jump so you can make sense of it.
>>46047465
Actually that was more what I was thinking, with the actions being solely the result of previous actions.
>>46047475
>>46047475
This is essentially what I meant to say. I should probably get to sleep.
>>46047557
There is a reason why I said stable time loops are cleaner and less likely to end badly, because breaking the stable time loop will most likely causes errors in time loops that would take place later, meaning that all my plans based on pre-established time loops up to that point are moot.
>>
>>46047602
But that's what I'm saying: Anti-Fate NEGATES that. Gargoyles has You Can't Fight Fate in play: destiny can not be denied. But with those perks, that's all thrown out the window: you stopped one stand user from going nuclear, but another one did. You stop him, two more go hot. You stop them, the two from before are acting up again. And you said a hell of a lot more than four
>>
File: TimeForDoubleAlice.png (14KB, 1537x692px) Image search: [Google]
TimeForDoubleAlice.png
14KB, 1537x692px
Three minutes in paint. Is this what you mean?
>>
>>46047661
Essentially, yes. Also, you are now my favourite anon, and I am saving that forever.
>>
File: NoDoubleAlice.png (23KB, 1537x899px) Image search: [Google]
NoDoubleAlice.png
23KB, 1537x899px
>>46047661
>>46047677
I think I missed a step actually, the 'stable time loop part, here have a fixed version.
>>
>>46047661
>>46047677
And now this makes even less sense.
>>
>>46047677
Wait what. That's your process, your plan? Y-you're kidding, right? That's...that's not how it works. Like, at all.
>>
>>46047661

As usual this comes down to "time travel is fucking stupid, because everyone uses a slightly different default method".

Because that's how worldline-hopping works.

Time travel immunity only matters for the target if the setting uses retardo-travel.
>>
>>46047677
Maybe you should stop referring to the perks as Anti Fate and use time immunity instead.
>>
File: FuckTimeTravel.png (32KB, 1537x1183px) Image search: [Google]
FuckTimeTravel.png
32KB, 1537x1183px
Final try at paint time travel
Also, filename relevant
>>
>>46047737
That STILL wouldn't work though. All time immunity perks are for OTHER people changing the timeline, like Homura or Lavos.
>>
>>46047762
*All* of them? Every single one explicitly says that? I could have sworn there was at least one that said something more general like "You are immune to being messed up by time manipulation."
>>
>>46047649
While Stand granting is one of those situations where I didn't diverge the timeline, yes, if I were to use anti time manipulation perks it would boil down to me running around trying to prevent stand users from going nuclear, or, more likely, just stop giving out stands because there are ways that involve less risk.
>>46047696
It's time travel, anon. It never makes sense.
>>46047708
Yes anon, yes it is.
>>46047737
I probably should. Honestly, I probably shouldn't be debating time travel while tired.
>>46047758
Pretty much my opinion at this point as well. Thanks though.
>>46047762
>600: According to My Records
A gift from a woman in glasses, you've gained a certain resistance to the more bothersome side effects of time travel. You won't be affected by any form of paradox and cannot simply be erased by a retcon or being killed in the past. This does not protect the rest of the world however, and if you are killed in the past, the world will change to reflect that. You will still live and retain your memory, but no one else will remember you or your actions.
>Narnian Time: Second, you find yourself extremely resistant to temporal shenanigans. Attempts to cast you adrift in time and space will end up sending you someplace mildly inconvenient. Attempts to freeze you in an endless moment will simply slow you down. Attempts to assassinate your pregnant grandmother will result in very awkward family reunions. This protection also applies, to a lesser extent, to the unintended consequences of any temporal shenanigans you might initiate yourself.
>>
>>46047789
When they say "being messed up by time manipulation", that tends to be more to manipulation by others. I don't think any perk is going to save you if you decide to paradox your ass out of existence.
>>
>>46047821
>You won't be affected by any form of paradox and cannot simply be erased by a retcon or being killed in the past.
>>
If you pull the same bullshit that DIO did could you make your stand an "OVER HEAVEN" stand? Or would that count as a win loss for jojo?
>>
>>46047789
Yeah, and those perks make even LESS sense because you or the world get altered as a result, and then you would have to deal with a situation where the variables are even MORE haywire
>>46047817
See above
>>
>All this time talk.

Are there any perks that prevent you from getting headaches?
>>
>>46047865
Uh, actually yeah, I think there's Index for processing this kind of information.
>>
>>46047817
>>46047835
Wait, so if you go back in time, then kill yourself... do you just not remember you?

Honestly the more you try to explain this the less sense it makes. I did not think it was possible to both get a headache and be bored out of my skull at the same time.
>>
>>46047902
Plus, Alice is forgetting what outside powers might think of this. I'd imagine more than a few time gods would like to chat with her about this plan.
>>
>>46047889
Terminator and Chronotrigger both have perks for understanding this shit. If you actuall meant headaches in general... there are probably some pain resistance perks, but all I can think of is Jumper-grade painkillers.
>>
>>46047035
>But anon, she would be stopped by her future self if it was too dangerous
You are literally throwing the arrowhead at millions of people, more even, and hoping none of the stands have a way to fuck your time travel warning system. That seems... risky, given the kind of shit stands have pulled, especially given the inherent problems with most time travel systems.
>>
>>46047850
Sure, but people don't like to talk about it.
>>
>>46047851
See the file name here: >>46047758
>>46047865
Either One Possible Future from your Point of view from the Terminator, or the Bottle of Rum from Pirates of the Caribbean.
>>46047902
Yes. At this point, I share that point of view.
>>46047925
No, that is a recurring problem in my late game chain, with plenty of negotiation, fights, and just ignoring each other if we are roughly equal.
>>46047953
Not all at once, and in a controlled environment via semi-automated methods. I wasn't actually anywhere nearby.
>>
>>46048014
To be honest, Alice, I'm not even sure how you're looping in the first place. The only real time travel item that can be safely used that actually allows you to go back in time, Return to the Past from Code Lyoko, only goes back in time one day and can only be used once.
>>
>>46048054
Actually, that is closer to mental time travel or save states from what I can tell, given that it seems to only send the consciousness rather than send you back, and you seem to have a choice in what you do rather than repeating what your past-future selves have done. When I say Stable Time Loop, do you think of the kind of thing in primer or groundhogs day?
>>
>>46048112
Groundhogs' Day: everything starts out the same but can be altered, even if it usually follows a certain path. Madoka is another good example.
>>
File: Causal_loop_billiard_ball.svg.png (38KB, 540x650px) Image search: [Google]
Causal_loop_billiard_ball.svg.png
38KB, 540x650px
>>46048143
When I say stable time loop, I am referring to a sequence of events (actions, information, objects, people) in which an event is among the causes of another event, which in turn is among the causes of the first-mentioned event. What you are thinking of is a Groundhogs Day loop.
>>
>>46047961
C'mon eyes of heaven wasn't that bad.
>>
>>46048177
Ah my mistake, then. Actually, reading your description and seeing the example, I confess I'm rather confused; what you're describing would not help change events, but cause them to happen in the first place, much like the Phoenix Gate from Gargoyles. This seems...a little redundant.
>>
>>46048200
true
HOWEVER I will fight anyone who tries to claim this as being canon

triply so for the purposes of jumpchain
>>
>>46048247
It's okay. At this point, nothing makes sense to anyone.
>>
>>46048200
I think other anon means its just more people either don't know or don't talk about what to do with something like the Heaven methods compared to Kars' bag of tricks. Its just a big thing to really touch because stands and I doubt anyone has a consensus on the whole matter
>>
>>46048258
>Eyes of Heaven
>Canon
God I hope not. Because if it is...I just lost a lot of respect for Dio, given how he made the same exact choices/mistakes, alternate universe or not.
>>
>>46048269
Yeah, that sounds about right. Actually, couldn't you just wish for time reversion
powers? The triforce would grant such a wish. Or a certain white weasel, if you're really desperate.
>>
>>46048269
That's like the definition of 4chan.

...is this the part where we go back in time and convince Moot to make 4chan?
>>
>>46048330
Didn't your background already make a wish in Makoka? Oh Goddamnit, I'm going to have to retcon a good chunk of my chain because I read something wrong again, aren't I?
>>46048359
Sure. Why not?
>>
>>46048359
Nah, I did that yesterday. Right after I made sure bacon was invented.
>>
>>46048258
Eh alternate universe i dont care if its canon or not.>>46048271
I was thinking just about the ascension of your stand like the four act system kind of Act I = Base Act II= awakened Act III = requiem and Act IV = over heaven.
>>
>>46048371
Nope, there's a background where Jump-Chan makes you a magical girl, items are half off but powers are doubled. Kyuubey follows you around to try to get you to make a wish, because with this you won't become a witch.
>>
>>46048411
Well, I need to thank you. And hurt you. Mostly thank you though.
>>
>>46048429
Best part? Homura' time loops. Time it right, and you can make wishes for information, download it into the memory thing from eithe Biomega or Blame! and repeat next loop, because it resets your wish. Combine that with the warehouse being unaffected by such things...100 time loops of free information and data.
>>
>>46045987
Late response, but basically I had asked megacorp if crafting magic items just used up good or you needed to use actual magic materials, since fluff-wise magic items are made with magical reagents and such, but crunch-wise you just pay good to make them. Along the way the idea of the benefactor opening up what is essentially a lemonade stand in the warehouse that sells the stuff you need to make magic items was proposed and I found it amusing/adorable.
>>
File: giphy.gif (603KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
603KB, 500x230px
>>46048457
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of about 329 Jumps being retconned in the face. In all seriousness, Madoka was fairly early in my chain, and I don't feel like introducing that much new material to the chain, not to mention that would be kind of a boring way to gain more power.
>>
>>46048517
Eh, fair enough. But hey, at the very least you can taunt him all you want, now.
>>
>>46048457
Read the jump again. You end your ten years before Canon starts. You'd have to use return to go back for another ten years for your plan to work.
>>
File: cityscape2.jpg (87KB, 1000x288px) Image search: [Google]
cityscape2.jpg
87KB, 1000x288px
Well, I finally finished reading Worm.
Made most of my build a couple of Arcs in, and reserved a spot for a canon companion for when I finished it.
Got to the end and just though "You know what, I don't think I'll take any of these people. They can stay where they are." Then I spent the points on something else.

When have you almost taken a companion and then decided they were better off staying where they are?
>>
>>46049509
>When have you almost taken a companion and then decided they were better off staying where they are?

Most of the time actually - Companions do gain in power, but generally if they're involved in the plot they have their own resolution and reasons to stay.

Being a second fiddle or pocket monster for someone that rapidly grows into a multiversal seed godthing doesn't strike me as terribly interesting for many, especially when if they don't come along, then as far as it seems to them, you just instantly become a god-thing.

Perhaps if they felt an obligation to try and guide you away from being an asshole deity.
>>
80. Blade
Origin: Drop-In, Age: 34
Perks: The Study of Blood (-200), Internal Playlist (-400), The Benefits of Blood (-200), The True Daywalker (-200)

This really isn't fair.

The vampires here are living creatures afflicted with a weird virus that alters their celuular structure, and are barely magical at all. I'm an alpha level biomancer, a physiomancer that took both Raw Power and Incredible Control, and have more medical/body manipulation perks than I care to think about. I can also read the hearts of men on sight, read minds, see through the eyes of anyone around me, know everyone's crimes, and I have the naughty and nice list. The only thing slowing me down is the sheer amount of them. How the fuck do they even pack that many monsters into a city and not overfeed on a normal human population?

When I walk into a vampire hideout, I will be converting vampires into normal humans en mass. I will also be rendering everyone possible immune to the virus, either through direct manipulation or engineered virophages and genemod viruses in the food supply. I have a cure for Blade when he wants it. Dismantling their ancient conspiracies and freeing humanity from the yolk of the predator cults is my Jumpchan entertainment mission this jump. It's not very fun, though. Blade has a good time with it, but this life of hunting isn't for me.

Also, the guy from the vampire rave is named Ronny. He really likes Kraft Mac and Cheese and if you save his life he'll let you sleep on his couch for like 6 months rent free, but I also tended to buy food and make dinner.
>>
>>46049509
Nope. I'm very careful about it if I decide to take canon companions with me, researching them fully before committing.
>>
File: 1406391662746.jpg (212KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
1406391662746.jpg
212KB, 900x700px
>>46049588
Forgot my name.
>>
>>46049509
It's crazy to me that you'd leave everybody in post canon Worm. Surely there is somebody in the series you like well enough to save from cape feudalism and/or death.

Personally, I'm guilting Amy into coming with me after fixing her sister. Her power is too hilarious not to take.
>>
Could Dragon Break be used as a way to destroy universes if you rapidly use it over and over again in a short period of time?
>>
>>46049671
As a suicide, sure.
>>
>>46049671
>Dragon Breaks caused by Dragon Breaks are not proper Dragon Breaks
>says it may damage space-time not the universe at large
>if it worked like that it would overshadow literally everything in the jump
>also why would you even do that other than to fulfill your sudoku wish

On the balance of probabilities I'd say no.
>>
>>46049671
Yes. The problem is that you'd be doing it from inside said universe. Destroying universes that you're in is rarely a good idea.
>>
>>46049688
Well I figure I could use Hiveminded from Libriomancer to get a finger in a universe without actually being in it. (this of course being either in jumps like Rick and Morty with multiple universes or post-spark)
>>
>>46049700
>>46049688
I thought since the perk version isn't an "actual" Dragon Break it would only be good as a means of suicide since there's a huge gulf between "damages space-time" and "destroys the universe" and I figured the damaged would be localised such that you'd be slain before the universe at large would sustain noticeable damage.
>>
>>46049628
>canon Worm
Oh yeah. Canon, absolutely.
See the difference is I intervened lightly, then heavily after the point where the S9 leave Brockton Bay, so there was significantly less death than in canon events.

I just ended up deciding the world was better off with all the characters doing their thing, and none of them seemed to have the motivation to leave with the Big Bad Jumper on a multiverse-hopping trip.
>>
>>46049705
You're not doing that jump any favors.
>>
In the digimon jump if I am a spirit warrior do I have to buy biomerge for each mega I get through my spirit armors or does having the spirit directory allow me to have multiple digimon forms?
>>
>>46049806
Not him but-are you just kinda ignoring a) the fact that the ability isn' a proper dragon break and b) that it probably wasn't intended to be a universe buster-scale ability? It just says "damages space-time", why not wait for whoever made the jump to clarify?
>>
>>46049700
Not the same anon,but you could give it to a minion and use him as a universal buster bomb, like the Beyonders did with the Molecule Man.

It might be useful in multiversal settings.
>>
>>46049893
Am...am I going mad and talking to myself? Am I just plain wrong about lowballing the Dragon Break, or at the very least assuming that part was supposed to be a detriment rather than a function and also more in line with the other capstones rather than just being a universal bomb offered for no reasons?
>>
>>46049915
I'm pretty sure the idea is that if you use it too much you mess up your own space-time, or maybe the stuff you like. Pretty damn sure you can't use it to destroy the universe... in fact I think someone may have asked Cats when he split the jumps and he said no... I'm going to try to look at the archive.
>>
>>46049915
I agree with you - I'm assuming that too frequent usage erases you from your own timeline or fractures t/s along your own projected (and now paradoxical) futures, not "the entire universe's t/s continuum implodes".
>>
>>46049941
From the archive: This breaks space time and you no longer exist.

Nothing about the perk destroying the universe if you overuse it.
>>
>>46049915
It's not like every time you try to utilize a detriment it suddenly disappears.
>>
>>46049915
You're not insane, it's just that the wanker won't listen so we're waiting for Cats to slap him.
>>
>>46049968
See >>46049967, the point is more that the deteriment in question simply does not do what's being asserted i.e. universe-bust eve with repeated use.
>>
Girls und Panzer jump when?

I want a toaster hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIY36UbDbQQ
>>
>>46050080
>I want a toaster hat
Surely you could already just get that from the Imperium jump?
>>
Where can I find perks that make me immune to radiation other than DC?
>>
The Libriomancer jump on the drive is in the wrong folder, it's in the imaged folder, not imageless.
>>
>>46050179
Being a Super Mutant in Fallout would give you it.
I think city of heroes has something also.
>>
>>46050179
Fallout and MCU, I believe
>>
>>46050183
Isn't it meant to be in WIP for now?
>>
>>46050209
?
It's finished.
>>
>>46050209
I don't think so. The objectionable elements were removed.
>>
What are the best mana generation perks?
>>
>>46050278
Marvel, Energy(Mana)+Regeneration+Speed
>>
>>46050278
S2 engine from NGE
>>
>>46050256
They really aren't
>>
>>46049817
Anyone?
>>
>>46050309
How does that generates mana?
>>
>>46050345
Not him but...it doesn't.

>>46050256
>>46050209
>>46050313
As I recall the CC-expy was removed and then I and others started debating whether libromancy operates more on the jump's built-in limits or certain canon events that apparently affect how it operates-and also someone brought up copying a projection from a book with another book results in able to create stuff without charr, and also that creating humanoids isn't an issue of raw power.

So basically, nobody reached consensus on anything. And then later Merchant popped in to offer to take some questions to SB, and I seem to be the only one who's remembered to suggest stuff for him to ask; to be fair I suspect it won't be /that/ much of a tiebreaker given how poorly he's thought of. I just hope I didn't forget to ask anything critical
>>
>>46050331
I'm too tired to parse this properly, but if you're asking if you can buy multiple spirit warrior thingies without buying the normal multiple form thing I think the answer is yes.
>>
>>46050345
Doesn't, there canonical output is about the same as a mid-sized nuclear power station as well if I remember correctly. They kinda suck eventually.
>>
File: antiwobble.gif (414KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
antiwobble.gif
414KB, 520x520px
>>46039954
We are usually fairly stingy about granting Stands outside our companions. We suppose the most notable exception would be granting Stands to the Emperor's Primarchs during Civ jump? Figured he needed all the help he could get to keep things from spiralling out of control.

Ungrateful bastard really screwed the pooch later on in 40K after we pitched our perfectly reasonable plan to ascend humanity as one first Lords of Order, though.

>>46039923
>>46043197
There have been...misunderstandings over the years. Proprieties transgressed with fault on both ends. Before we found our calling we were...lost, so-suffice to say there was a time where friends with benefits were quite common.

Now of course, we have our partner in Cosmic Fire. The marriage was actually a tastefully underestated affair since our relationship is complicated; technically as we commune with both her aspect in other realities and with her Ensouled consciousness every 10 years or so we commence a relationship with a new subdivided aspect of her. And of course, we're constantly being inserted into new backgrounds by our benefactor. So it's kinda like two Funny Valentines in a marriage, we guess?

Also as several kinds of ultimate religious authority-high priest, demigod, kami, overbeing-by the power vested in us we've married Malefor and Sinha, and Solaire and Dusk from among our companions.

Because it's actually kind of a relief to know people who are happily married and therefore don't have awkward histories with from past flings.
>>
>>46050404
Good thank you. This means I can afford 5 digimon forms instead of 3.
>>
>>46050700
You could always just scan the cards of the digimon you want and copy the data then hack your digivice and upload the digiforms you want. It would probably be hard though.

By that point you could probably make and give digivices if you could reverse engineer them and upload data into them with a combination of card scanner, codes reader, and spirit armors.
>>
So I'm writing the companion section for Fallout 4, and I'd like to see what people think about a certain aspect of it. I've got an option, purchased per companion (not available to imports) that increases their physical abilities and can grant other abilities, as well as true sentience in robots as well as two of the animal options so far. (Dogs and deathclaws, via cybernetics and genetic modification respectively.) But now that I've thought about it, I'm wondering if I should include sentience options for the other animal options (Cat and Yao Guai, so far) via cybernetics as well. Does that seem like a good idea, or should I just keep the sentience options to what I've got already?

Also, would anyone pick up a mirelurk/any of the bug if I offered them as options?
>>
>>46050848
>mirelurk/any of the bug
As a race? Definitely.
>>
>>46050872
As companions; sorry, should've made that clearer.
>>
>>46050848
I just want an immortal Dogmeat (that may go by another name) and doesn't take up a companion slot, because he is a dog.

Sounds alright though.

Mirelurk? I doubt I would, but it'd be an interesting option to have.
>>
>>46050848

It doesn't harm anything to add it for the other options, and simplifies it. Given the Institute's techbase it wouldn't be terribly unlikely.

And yes, a Mirelurk would be a great pet.
>>
Is there any way to grant bending to people without the scrolls? My budget can't afford buying them.
>>
>>46050898
Well, Amazo tech sounds like it would let you grant YOUR bending.
>>
>>46050898
If it's genetic you could probably do it with SCIENCE
>>
>>46050887
>I just want an immortal Dogmeat (that may go by another name) and doesn't take up a companion slot, because he is a dog.

I second this request
>>
>>46050939
It's only partially genetic. It also requires your spirit to be attuned to that element in order to trigger it. That's why the Air Nomads had such a high number of benders per capita, because their society was based around their temples and the philosophy of air got hammered into them all at a young age. Giving someone the necessary elemental spirit once their adults does seem to be possible, though, given what happened with Harmonic Convergence creating new airbenders.
>>
>>46051002
How about Magitek Mastery from Final Fantasy 6 edited with Real Eater to effect chi and such instead of magic?
>>
>>46051021
Real Eater can't change what sort of fuel source a power is based on, so you couldn't make that change. Though I imagine having some elemental magic in you should have enough of an effect on the balance of internal energy to shift your chi to be aligned to that element after a period of acclimation.
>>
>>46051041
Well in this case it isn't changing the fuel source, but the thing that is being effected by the ability (chi instead of magic), right?
>>
>>46051066
I think it's still going against the intended use of it.
>>
>>46051073
How so?
>>
>>46050848
>as well as true sentience in robots as well as two of the animal options so far
Pedantic point of order: if you mean granting said robots and animals personhood, you mean sapience and not simply sentience.
>>
>>46051230
Ah, you're right. I'll change that right away.
>>
>>46050848
Mirelurk? Propably, yes. Sounds good. Propably not any bugs, but I like those Mirelurks.
>>
Hello again /tg/. Yes Tis I, Librio anon. First I’d like to get out of the way; Yes, I am a bitch, a jackass, a little shit, a dick, an asshole who only wants to listen to his own opinion, a moron an idiot, an inbred malcontent and any other insults you’d like to throw my way. I assure you I am deserving of nearly all of them.
And while I do not want to reopen old wounds I have been informed that the libriomancer jump from the drive has been deleted as among the reasons, I failed to stay and answer everyones questions in the allotted threadspace.
While I did try my best to answer them in the first thread, clearly I was not good enough at it and did not respond with the rapidity and completeness that was required of me within the span of the thread and for that I am sorry.
I had also thought that the issue was over and done with when the thread was archived and it would be improper to bring it up again and so had thought it over. I apologize again as I am not a native of 4chan, nor do I know its etiquette.
As to my poll and the OP flow of magic. I am afraid it was a joke I took too far, and was inadvisable on my part, especially when trying to publish a jump. For that I am sorry as well, and admittedly I did feel quite bad about it after the fact, but that is a moot point as flow is gone and not coming back.
On ZING; the high powered stuff I included is all based on characters in the jump and none of it is fabricated. that said the jump would still be functional even without those aspects in it. I simply wished to give the broadest options I could even if they were high tier.
To improve the jump to the point where it will be accepted and answer all of your questions (without derailing the thread) I invite any who are interested to join me in the google doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ddz_ncBpiFllRjv6AQEZmG_iX-5b2AgZtiiOfvx_Z-c/edit simply add in your question, request or argument as a comment and I will respond to it as promptly as I can.
>>
>>46051372
Obsequiousness aside, just how fucking thick are you?

Work on it in thread. Speaking purely for myself, though I have no doubt I’ll get people who will agree, I do not want to log in to a particular site to work on this. I post as anon for a reason; I like it.

If you want to fix this, and unfuck your reputation, and by extension your home sites reputation, work on this in thread and stop being a little shit about things. Similarly, one post every three hours that only addresses half the comments thrown your way is unacceptable. Block away some time where you can be online, and work in the thread with the thread on this.
>>
>>46051372
Can you pull dna, as in a hair, out of a book then clone the creature from the hair? If so are you required to keep paying a mana penalty or whatever for the creature when it is alive?

Can you use libriomancy to pull the magic of a creature into you from a book like isaac does when he becomes a rust monster thing?

Can you use electronic sorcery or whatever the perk is to pull stuff from ebooks?
>>
>>46051372
>an inbred malcontent
Whoa, whoa. Calm down there.

>libriomancer jump from the drive has been deleted
It hasn't.

>did not respond with the rapidity and completeness that was required of me within the span of the thread and for that I am sorry
That's just several jackasses smelling blood.

>had thought it over
Ooooof. Yeah, nothing has been over for 741 threads now. No worries, that happens.

>Google docs
While nice for a primary help, you may want to still stick around to answer any questions in thread for the complete work.

>>46051420
Then stay anonymous here, and let smart people help him.
>>
>>46051420
Pretty darn thick. I am obviously not good at conversating in thread. If you wish to ask questions or make suggestions in thread you can, but I may miss them or be unable to respond all at once on account of the character limit here.
I also wished to prevent the thread from being clogged up by yet another battle.
If you wish to remain anonymous than you can, simply don't be logged into gmail or google and you will be taken in as another anon with an arbitrary symbol attached to you. If you dislike said symbol or wish a new identity, simply leave and come back.
>>
>>46051372
Well, first off I just want to say I appreciate the gesture. Secondly, last I heard it was actually mistakenly put in the images section and not deleted, as of a few hours ago at least.

As for my thoughts on the jump-from the start I'd opposed the jump not because of Flow or any particular capstones, but because of the concept of libriomancy being overly meta. Later, information provided by yourself and others led me to change my mind on the basis the magic didn't create infinite perfect replicas without consequences and they were more like magical constructs that weren't even always 1:1 reproductions e.g. An alleged use of Balefire which didn't retcon away targets, just magically burn them.

However I was recently informed that in canon an event occurs which removes the restrictions on libriomancy prescribed in the notes, that it was possible by copying small samples such as Saiyan DNA from multiple books to freely create without char as a consequence (due to book derived genetic manipulation apparently being a recent innovation that bypassed a lot of the problems with creating magical life from books) and that creating supernatural humanoids has significantly less severe consequences that ocelots for some reason.

Because of that, I've recently reverted to my initial position on the jump essentially because it appears the consequences imposed by char and the magical energy requirements I was initially led to believe would hinder you creating infinite perfect replicas have much looser restrictions in canon than as prescribed in the jump's notes, not because of personal bias against yourself; I feel because of my fundamental opposition to one of the backgrounds I'll therefore be of limited help to you as a critic and am merely stating my position on the jump as a concept as well as inviting clarification as to what extent the jumps notes were meant to take precedence over libriomancy's utilities in canon.
>>
File: 1448333167391.gif (425KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1448333167391.gif
425KB, 512x512px
>>46051372
Hey will you add more Inhuman options?
And will the inhuman background gain at least a discount to one of the inhuman options?
Chupacabra or some form of cool zombie equivalent?
>>
>>46051499
You can bring DNA out of a book? How? Shouldn't that have the same problem of creating new information that pulling a book out of a book would? I thought the things Libromancy created just imitate the effects of the fictional item, not the cause.
>>
>>46051420

From what I can tell you don't actually need an account to use a google doc if someone else already made it.

However using a google doc like they did is stupid. Not because it's ignoring the thread, but because anyone with the link can edit it.

>>46051372
>>46051494

You should really make sure to keep a back up considering the hate this thing gets.

You have the entire jump on a page anyone with the link can edit. Given how controversial this jump is that seems like it could go horribly wrong.
>>
>>46051526
>anyone with the link can edit.
Nope. Suggestions only.
>>
>>46051372
>>46051494

Would still like an answer for these questions...
>>>45939467
>>>45937424

>>46051510
Isn't Inhuman the only background that can take Inhuman options? Why would there be a discount?
>>
>>46051372
Of you take inhuman and buy magic perks can you use magic in a human altform?
>>
Oh my good friggin' emperor, how long is this Libromancy BS going to last.
>>
>>46051536

Ah never mind then. I should have probably checked more than 'press the space bar at the end twice to see if the doc can be affected or not' and then notice it saying changes were saved.
>>
>>46051499
I am also concerned with the canon unlocking and would like to have a solid means of dealing with it. I had considered making the jumpers-powers based on a gift by jump chan and by extension the locks would still apply to you, but at the same time this may seem...unfair to some players. But when in doubt, I believe the rule is that the jump takes precedence over canon.

>>46051510
I've decided to split the vampire and werewolf inhuman options into multiple smaller ones, thus preventing meta-use. I am afraid that the non-discount will remain as you can't exactly be two of the same supernatural creature at once, at least there's no precedent in the setting for it.
>>
>>46051597
Oh no I kinda figured you could only buy one. In fact you might want to specify in document

In fact is it even required to purchase a racial option? It doesn't seem that way when I look at it.
>>
>>46051542
I am uncertain as to how clone perks interact with each other. However given the base rules of jump chain with diminishing returns for redundant perks. So I would think that with tweedilfied since it gives you 20, this would likely add on 5 more.

I also added in a clause to it stating there is no distance limit. That said I do not believe it would work on alternate planes of reality.

>>46051561
You could use the magic you brought with you from outside the jump in an alt-form but you could not use this jumps magic in said alt-form.
Additionally you may still purchase magic as an inhuman but it will not be useable until after you have left the jump.
You may purchase inhuman options as a magic user or drop-in and they will be the effect of an enchantment of sorts
>>46051564
As long as it takes I'm afraid.
>>
>>46051597
It was suggested a couple of times in the last thread that you treat libromancy the way certain other jumps treat other high end powers: lock it behind a end jump requirement.

Gurren Lagann and Tenchi can both be jumped as either regular jumps or end jumps. If you jump them as end jumps, though, you get the higher tiered powers that put you on par with the MCs. Why not treat libromancy like that?

If the point of the jump, as you said, is to give a universe to explore, that would allow people to visit the Libromancer series, and if there was someone who really, /really/, wanted libromancy then they have the means to do so: they take it as an end jump and finish out their chain.
>>
>>46051514
I initially thought so too, like going Super Saiyan from DNA you pulled out of a book would make you burn up from char right? But apparently, there's some sorta loophole in canon that enables someone to bypass that limitation by copying DNA using things from two different sources-which when combined creates something that doesn't produce char or drain magical reserves.

>>46051597
That ruling does assuage a lot of my doubts, like how electronic screens were eventually used in canon to extract things. Honestly I'd be fine with fiat-class locks given something similar applies to Spiral Energy in Gurren Lagann unless the endgame is taken, so there's precedence. I'm still uncertain about libriomancy as a basic concept due to the meta nature of the form of magic; to use the Balefire example again I was initially assured that exceptionally exotic/puissant things couldn't be perfectly replicated.

I'm likewise uncertain about the 1000 CP "become any kind of vampire from fiction" not just because Antediluvians and such would technically be viable templates, but because it actually reminds me moreso than libriomancy itself of a certain option from a jump called Infinicon often singled out as unfairly meta and a cheap knockoff from other settings. I am, however, aware I'm even more in the minority in terms of my opinion on this particular option as it seems to be popular with others, so I'd like some clarification whether the option turns you into a bonafide iteration of the vampire type in question, or if you remain technically a sort of oddly convincing libriomantic magical construct instead of the genuine article-and what, if any, meaningful distinctions that would imply.
>>
>>46051628
I would like to say that I do find the other backgrounds very interesting and well-written, and as such I'd like to throw my support behind >>46051656's proposal as otherwise I have no issue with the other backgrounds, even the Inhuman perk tree itself and the other race options; admittedly because they all seem more evocative of "canon" magical beings rather than those from other settings.
>>
>>46051656
Please don't do this. This is an absurdly bad idea.
>>
>>46051681
Why is it a bad idea?
>>
>>46051656
Honestly I think this is the best way to handle this. Tenchi's LHW are a huge part of the canon, but you have to end jump to get them. Spiral Energy is huge in GL, but if you want to go past a certain amount you have to end jump it.

This allows the people who want the setting to get the setting. This allows people who like all the other trees to enjoy those trees. This puts to rest the complaints that Libromancer is too meta or too OP.

This is probably our best option.
>>
>>46051681
How so? I'm honestly open to an counterargument after having discussed libriomancy several times and from several perspectives, as long as it's something more substantial than just asserting something is bad.
>>
>>46051681
I haven't seen any other attempts at compromise. What would you suggest?
>>
>>46051656
That is an option yes. However libriomancy while versatile, is not very powerful. While I could make a jump without it, it would be similar to the doctor who jump without access to literally any of the dozen or so options for time travel proper. Even the vortex manipulator is a no-go from that jump.

I am however considering a bit of a nuclear option. That is, Libriomancy cannot be used with any book that has an extant jump. As such things like the wheel of time, Tortall, Inheritance, Dresden files, and literally any light-novel adaptation would be a non-starter for libriomancy. It is an option I have been hesitant to even propose as it leads into all kinds of problems with retcons or jumps being made later, and makes libriomancy itself less and less useful as more jumps are added. But I think that is fine. It's lazy mans magic, not the ultimate form of spell casting after all
>>
>>46051698
Libriomancer is not a good setting for an end-jump and Libriomancy is not a good reward.

Let's look at other end jumps:

DBZ, you have to fight massively powerful beings who quickly reach the level where planet-busting happens accidentally. The reward is getting that power yourself.

Gurren Lagann, you have to aingle handedly fight and defeat the motherfucking Anti-Spiral and rescue Simon and Nia. As a reward, you get infinite Spiral Energy, which basically makes you a universal+ reality warper.

Darksiders...I'm honestly not sure. I've never played the game and the endgame scenarios really doesn't seem like it should be such. Pretty sure people have complained about this, before.

Tenchi, I'm going to be honest: I've never really even paid much attention to the jump and I've never touched the series. However, people have said it's a suitably epic end-jump for those who specced intelligence and science instead of combat, and that it gets you some type of high-tier cosmic entity abilities or something?

And so we come to Libriomancer. So, anon, what is a suitablly awesome and difficult scenario for a low-tier universe like this? And the reward would simply be an honestly rather lackluster magic. Why do you even need Libriomancy post-Spark? You could simply go find the real item itself.
>>
>>46051372
The most important question I have is how you'd suggest dealing with Libriomancy out of Jump. I know that books only work if there's enough belief in them, meaning most books won't work out-of-setting... But what kind of books exist in-setting? Do you just make it up as you go along? If I hit Star Wars, would it be unreasonable to assume that there's a book containing a story about a Sith with a Lightsaber that can cut through worlds?

Speaking of, what determines how much power an item costs? If I take the crystal from that hypothetical Lightsaber, would it cost as much power as the weapon itself, or just as much as an ordinary gem? How about other components - if I pull out a bunch of rare materials, would they cost as much as the proto-Adamantium I'm going to make out of them?
>>
>>46051813
Personally, I'd think that the "Level of Belief" would scale with the setting, either downwards with larger settings, or upwards with smaller settings. And then there's the fact that in Star Wars you'd need a book that uses paper, and since belief would only come from books that are written on paper, I doubt you'd get enough energy for much.
>>
>>46051813
If there was, you couldn't use it, because world-affecting items are a no-go.
>>
>>46051749
On the Dr Who jump-actually, I heard there was recent errata from the jum. Personally I didn't pay it much mind since I actually don't mind time travel being restriction because a) the mechanisms of DW time travel, while varied, consistently rely on several in-universe structures conspicuously absent in other jumps such as an Eye of Harmony, the Time Vortex and others. Thus, it would be most logical holy fuck I feel like these discussions are turning me into Spock that even in working condition the Vortex Manipulator and TARDIS might not function as advertised outside the DW multiverse. I was just happy to be able to acquire a Sonic Screwdriver, and took the more advanced functions being locked as essentially a challenge and also a narrative catalyst.

I appreciate the nuclear option, but I feel it wouldn't work as the number of fictional worlds without jumps still vastly outweighs those with jumps; without getting into too much of an IRL religious kerfluffle the argument could be made that CERTAIN RELIGIOUS TEXTS may be considered fiction in certain settings where said religions are absent. Apart from that there's the old practice of printing fanfiction, things like the Dragonlance series which may or may not be covered under the extant D&D jumps.

My concer with Lirbiomancy is less that of raw power, and more of breadth due to its' ill-defined nature which even you can agree requires some degree of fiated limits. Because of that I'm still in favour of >>46051656's "nuclear solution" as a better alternative.

>>46051811
To be fair, I was under the impression Libriomancer has an escalating endgame of some form given the aforementioned shattering of magical locks. I also feel that as Tenchi provides a precedent for non-raw power conflicts and more versatile rewards such as 12-dimensional engineering it would stand to reason that due to (cont'd)
>>
File: considerthefollowing.png (256KB, 599x387px) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.png
256KB, 599x387px
>>46051811
it's meta nature and the potential versaility discussed (pull things from electronic screens, acquire DNA splices from copied things from multiple books without fear of char) Libriomancy unfettered from fiated restritions would be just as suitable a reward due to its' potential scope and versatility.

As for a suitable scenario-I am reminded of Elonanon's comments for an endgame scenario for Genius: The Transgression, namely the discovery of an allegedly unfindable Axiom that would enable Wonders (scifi-themed reality warping that normally collapses from normies' observation/interaction) to persist in society, effectively enabling them to build crazy scifi bullshit everywhere with drastically reduced risks and consequences. I would posit that perhaps, one scenario could involve usurping the founder of Libriomancy or perhaps creating one's own magic system to supplant it in order to attain a similar degree of control-which from a Watsonian perspective would also justify said endgame unfettered Libriomancy as a reward.
>>
>>46051749
>However libriomancy while versatile, is not very powerful.
You're never going to convince everyone of that. Moreover if it isn't that impressive, then the jump can stand its loss.

>While I could make a jump without it, it would be similar to the doctor who jump without access to literally any of the dozen or so options for time travel proper. Even the vortex manipulator is a no-go from that jump.
People can and do jump the DW jump. They jump it for the setting, and that's what you said you were making this jump for: the setting.

>I am however considering a bit of a nuclear option.
I appreciate the fact that you're willing to look at your jump and consider different balance options, that doesn't work. Considering that the list of jumps is ever expanding your list of available texts would constantly be in flux. Grandfather clause arguments always end poorly, and this option invites nothing but a series of those.
>>
>>46051813
It is largely based on the literature of the extant worlds yes. For modern day jumps, it's best to consider our existing literary canon as a part of their own and allow it to be used there.

In your star-wars example there may be such a book, however as star-wars is a high-tech based jump, they are unlikely to have mass paperbacks to use it with. Assuming such a book did exist, and you did draw out the lightsaber, you would likely char the book to ash as it is a high level magic that requires an incredible level of belief to even formulate.

Assuming the lightsaber in question which can cut through worlds, there is a rather good cannon example of Guttenberg trying to make a sword that would rain holy fire down on all would make war. While the sword could be drawn out, if anyone including you tried to use it, you would likely die as you were the one to create it. Even Guttenberg was said to die if he even attempted to activate it.

And the answer to your question is scale. The more changes that are made to the world, the more out of place something is in the world and the more complex/powerful it it, the harder it is to do. The crystal would be easier to pull out yes, and could be assembled into a fully-functional lightsaber if you had all of the other fictional elements that make up a lightsaber as well. The crystal would also however be made of your own magic, and a magical construct. It and the metals you would create would behave as the ones described in text, but would be a constant drain on you as you struggle to maintain them with your own reserves. Additionally, they are all highly susceptible to anti-magic. Anyone who can cast a dispel magic or throw a bit of magical chaos, or anti magic or whatever you want to call it, could dissolve these things very easily. It is why libriomancers rarely ever keep anything out permanently as it is easily lost when facing such forces.
>>
>>46051811
Ah, also about Darksiders-while its' primarily an action game it could be argued that the overarching conflict revolves more around moral choices and supernatural political pressure given the Riders can be incapacitated by the Watchers manually without exceptional circumstances due to having their full powers restrained for the majority of War and Death's storylines, demons appear to be in constant infighting because demons are assholes, angels are in something of a schism due to one angel conspiring to kickstart Armageddon early and arguably Drop-Ins, based on the Makers, could hypothetically be at risk from extinction or poaching from the other factions given its' implied in Darksiders 2 that amongs other things, a sundering in reality and corruption is causing the Makers to die out. So there are consequences that can't always be resolved with just killing some dude, and especially since it's ambiguous exactly what happens when all 4 Riders have their powers unshackled an apocalypse-type situation could probably ensue, challenging Jumpers to survive in a world about to collapse on itself.
>>
>>46051877
>endgame scenario for Genius
Not an endgame.

>Libriomancy unfettered from fiated restritions would be just as suitable a reward
Unrestricted? Sure. But the jump as is seems to have it nerfed enough.
>>
>>46051907
>You're never going to convince everyone of that.
I'm convinced of it. It really doesn't seem all that useful. Especially in the context of Jumpchain, where "go to fictional worlds and steal stuff out of them" is the name of the game. It honestly just feels completely redundant.
>>
>>46051916
>Additionally, they are all highly susceptible to anti-magic.
That's... Actually a pretty big deal. You should probably mention that in the jump itself.
>>
>>46051928
>not an endgame

Ah, I must've misremembered then.

>Unrestricted

To clarify, I was suggesting unrestricted, canon-only-without-jump-fiat Libriomancy as a suitable endgame reward.

>>46051937
>where "go to fictional worlds and steal stuff out of them" is the name of the game

The problem with this presumption is this motivation isn't universal here; loads of people, myself included, prefer overarching narratives. It's not that I'm adverse to stealing stuff, it's just that it's more a side boon than what I feel the point of jumpchain should be about rather than the main focus.
>>
>>46051952
He did. It's in the notes at the end describing the limits of libriomancy. Did anyone actually read those?

>All libriomancy is a form of magic. Therefore, any effects that cancel or ignore magic also affect it. High powered libriomancy and rare artifacts drawn out of books are all subject to dispelation and nullification by anti-magic fields and powers. (This will be especially important within the confines of this jump as anti-magic technology and artifacts become more commonplace.)
>>
>>46051749
The problem of libromancy is less its power and more its incredibly nebulous nature. Mechanically its just not something that lends it self to be nailed down, and you need to be able to set some kind of limits on powers in order for this game to remain a game.

The end jump option makes sense. The poster who referenced Tenchi's Lighthawk Wings got half of it right. The LHW's are locked due to their raw power, but Washu's dimensional fuckery is locked due to its near limitless versatility. You aren't going to 12th dimension punch someone to death, but its versatility is off the charts.

You'd be better served looking at the Tenchi jump and treating libromancy like the top tier selections there.
>>
>>46051916
Question-how do libriomantic constructs specifically chosen for their anti-magic resistance properties e.g. a sword of God that protects the righteous man against outside influence fair against this aspect?
>>
>>46051952
I did. It's one of the bullet points in the notes. I'll add in a clause in the main section about anti-magic as well.
>>
>>46051974
My point is that Libriomancy doesn't offer anything that we don't have already just by virtue of being a jumper. At best it's a shortcut, letting you get access to something early.
>>
>>46051916
>in your star-wars example there may be such a book, however as star-wars is a high-tech based jump, they are unlikely to have mass paperbacks to use it with.
Anyone who takes Libriomancy without Technomancy is a goddamn idiot.

Got another question, by the way. Let's say I pull out an awesome example of technology, then use a reverse-engineering power to make it using completely mundane methods. Would I still risk any Char? What about if I copied it using another method, and returned the original?

>>46051926
It lets you get things out of books that aren't Jumps yet, or that you haven't visited yet. It also lets you magpie less, and do more with the rest of the Jump.
>>
File: 1436571661067.png (538KB, 1508x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1436571661067.png
538KB, 1508x1000px
>>46051372
> First I’d like to get out of the way; Yes, I am a bitch, a jackass, a little shit, a dick, an asshole who only wants to listen to his own opinion, a moron an idiot, an inbred malcontent and any other insults you’d like to throw my way.
>Misses the most important one.

Like seriously though, I've been sticking my head in the last few threads, mainly sister posting and not paying attention but I've not seen any shit directed in his path.

Or rather no more than is normal.
>>
>>46051983
I will take the endgame into consideration. If there seems to be overwhelming support and strong arguments for it, I'll allow Libriomancy in the jump itself but not allow it post jump until post spark.

That said I'd still prefer to institute the nuclear option than the end-game option first.

>>46051995
Poorly. The protection would be disabled by the anti-magic field.
>>
>>46052000
>doesn't offer anything

I disagree, apart from what >>46051983 stated as mentioned repeatedly and earlier unrestricted Libriomancy potentially allows access to, for example, Saiyan DNA being plucked out of published fanfiction. There is definitely no analogue for being able to acquire objects and entities which run on alien concepts that don't exist in a given reality in other jumps.
>>
>>46051999
>>46051982
Ah. My bad. I could've sworn I didn't see that in the notes before.
>>
>>46052021
>That said I'd still prefer to institute the nuclear option than the end-game option first.
Doesn't work. See: >>46051907
>>
>>46052014
>It lets you get things out of books that aren't Jumps yet

I feel our main point of contention is the significance of this factor when the premise of jumps are meant to be self-contained realities. If you do not feel this is a particularly significant advantage we may have to agree to disagree as I can think of no other options that allow for this degree of, er, meta-magpieing apart from the Infinicon item which has been widely condemned for previous discussed reasons.

>It also lets you magpie less, and do more with the rest of the Jump

That argument can be turned around, in that it makes an items section partially redundant at least
>>
>>46052024
Then write a jump for that reality. Seriously, this isn't hard. You want something from a work of fiction? Make a jump of that work of fiction.
>>
>>46052056
>That argument can be turned around, in that it makes an items section partially redundant at least
So does magpieing. Good Jumpmakers have adapted.
>>
>>46052021
>The protection would be disable by the anti-magic filed

I'm genuinely curious about this aspect: How great a difference would anti-anti magic make for an item's durability against anti-magic? What principles does in-setting anti-magic run upon? Is it possible that forms of anti-magic from other worlds could be more or less effective?
>>
>>46052021
>If there seems to be overwhelming support and strong arguments for it, I'll allow Libriomancy in the jump itself but not allow it post jump until post spark.
That's an option, I don't know what I think about that though. While I think libromancer is better served post-spark, period, this might be something I could live with.
>>
>>46052014
It should be noted that I edited technomancy I'm afraid. After there was talk of pulling things out of the internet, I decided it would be best to not even consider using an e-reader. It's a highly specialized power usable only by a single person in libriomancy and she seems to have the potential to be one of the strongest libriomancers possible. As such I am afraid it is not an option any longer, though you may still use fictional operating systems or use materials for construction of mechanical devices. Sorry.

Some of the technology described is impossible. While you could try to reverse engineer it, you would basically have to be in a jump that lets you do all the things that said item is fictionally supposed to do in the first place. As such it would probably be easier to just pick up the object while you are in a proper jump for it.

>>46052018
I'm a small minded person. I take insults far more personally than I should. It is one of my many many flaws.
>>
>>46052063
...I'm sorry, I don't understand the core argument being put forth here. Are you saying that, as anons, we should make jumps for settings you don't want to be able to take items from? Because that just goes straight into metagaming and seems like both an impetus to make shoddy, quickly rushed out jumps due to personal preference and just not very fun.

Or are you saying that libriomancy isn't an issue because you can just make jumps for whatever settings you want? Not everyone is in good enough IRL circumstances or has the creativity/time to do that.

>>46052067
To that I would reply that magpieing generally involves a modicum of effort, planning, foresight and meaningful conflict that goes beyond the involvement of a singular magic system although I concede this argument isn't as strong as others I have put forth especially given the vulnerability of the constructs to anti-magic being part of initially why I was temporarily cool with libriomancy, although I still think it's significant enough now in light of recent information to be an issue.
>>
>>46052014
I don't think you could reverse-engineer technology taken out of a book. Libriomancy doesn't create things, it creates magical constructs imitating those things. Reverse-engineering a gadget probably wouldn't teach you how to make the gadget, but instead teach you how to make a spell that does what the gadget does.
>>
So, uh, is the one thing people are worried about getting Kryptonian DNA? I haven't seen anything else that seemed like a very good argument for why it's busted. It doesn't make items in general redundant, because you need there to be belief for that book in the setting and the items constantly drain you.

As for Saiyan DNA... it's really not that big of a deal. I mean, it's not particularly hard to get Silver-Age Kryptonian DNA, either.
>>
>>46051983
Is Libriomancy really more versatile than any other form of magic, though? Look at Potter magic, which you get for free as soon as you hit the Jump, Dresden magic, which you can pick up as part of a background, or D&D magic, which you can learn in multiple Jumps. Hell, look at Master of Magic's world-tier powers, which you can cast infinitely as long as you have enough gold.
>>
>>46052122
I meant Saiyan DNA for the top part of the post. Just had a brain fsrt.
>>
>>46052082
>I take insults far more personally than I should

I confess, you're far from alone in that in these threads though I shan't name names.

>>46052122
Silver-Age Krptonians, despite being very nonsensical from what I hear, don't have the potential to turn into potential candidates for universe busting Gods of Destruction unlike Saiyans apparently.

Although I haven't heard of Kryptonian DNA being borught up at all for the Libriomancy arguments.
>>
>>46052114
>Or are you saying that libriomancy isn't an issue because you can just make jumps for whatever settings you want? Not everyone is in good enough IRL circumstances or has the creativity/time to do that.

Basically this. Libriomancy's only advantage is that it lets you be lazy with your imagination. That's not in itself a bad thing, like you say, not everyone has the creativity or free time to do that. But I think it's disingenuous to say that Libriomancy gives you something uniquely useful when it doesn't.
>>
>>46052115
Tell that to the hivemind technobug swarm guy. That is literally all he did was use 1 piece of tech from a setting and bexame a swarm of metal self evolving bug machines.
>>
File: 1456627683847.png (901KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456627683847.png
901KB, 1000x1000px
>>46052082
>I'm a small minded person. I take insults far more personally than I should. It is one of my many many flaws.

You should leave while you can then
This is not a place for the thin skinned.
Though some here can't be convinced otherwise.

Now
On another subject
What Jumps give me fluffy tail on the cheep.
Preferably 9 of them
and pointy ears
>>
>>46052146
What was the item? Was it something whose nature was to be self-replicating?
>>
>>46052125
Could any of those allow you to pull a massively powerful religious artifact into being with one act? I get that no one else can pull the grail out now, but that's the example that'll get used. None of the systems you referenced have creating incredibly powerful artifacts as a one-step action. Even D&Ds Wish can't will incredibly powerful artifacts into existence, and per certain wordings of the Wish it may just steal something comparable from someone powerful just to fuck with you.

It is more versatile because it is just undefined. It's all top tier effects and no method.
>>
>>46052122
That is exactly the reason. No one wants to use Libriomancy for anything genuinely creative, they're just trying to find the most boring game-breaking exploits they can. They're not even interesting exploits.
>>
>>46052125
Because you can do all of those from one setting or pretty much anything you can print.
>>
>>46052152
Inukami. Take the Kitsune option and, bam, nine fluffy as fuck tails.
>>
>>46052125
Based on what I heard, yes. Potter magic creates all sorts of neat effects that degrade over time but certainly can't just sort of make Saiyan DNA with a snap of one's fingers. D&D magic tends to have Bad Things happened when abused (Wish, certain spells with XP drainage) and have daily allotments for spells in the case of Wizards IIRC. Master of Magic's "world-tier powers" likewise can't just whip out a wholly grail and tend more to environmental effects. And Dresden Files magic comes with numerous risks in and of itself, and certainly hasn't been shown to create constructs anywhere to the same degree as Libriomancy

To paraphrase Contessa, the thing about Libriomancy (unrestricted) is breadth, and depth, in terms of what it can do
>>
>>46052138
I meant, it's easy to get it from the DC jump.

And...they kind of do. Superman could literally sneeze galaxies away, fly so fast that he accidentally broke into heaven, and causally pull solar systems around by chaining them together (like, literal giant chains connecting the planets).
>>
>>46051749
I'm somewhat hampered in what more I can add by my lack of setting knowledge, but the 'locked books' thing is stumping me.
>“will this instantly and immediately solve this problem I am having” or “would a 500 year old paranoid wizard be comfortable letting someone ELSE have this.” If so then the books are probably locked and you would be ill advised to go reaching in them.
Instantly and immediately solving problems is kind of what I use magic for. If it can't do that...I don't really have a use for it.
Also if Gutenberg locks all the "dangerous books" (any book that has nukes, immortality, cureless plagues and instagib magic), that leaves...kids books, and drama/romance?

I guess it comes down to “would a 500 year old paranoid wizard be comfortable letting someone ELSE have this?" and my response is "a 500 year old paranoid wizard would permit absolutely nothing".

>>46052152
Off the top of my head take a look at:
Inukami
CATastrophe
Thundercats
Spice and Wolf
>>
>>46052076
Generally any kind of anti-magic or magical chaos makes libriomancy wilt. In-setting anti magic is based on numerous things, inhumans and robots actively suppressing it, raw magical chaos, even magical objects that do themselves represent anti-magic fields. Generally short or small amounts make the object cease to function, whilst large amounts make it vanish altogether.

>>46052056
Your concerns are valid and why the nuclear option is on the table, thus making DBZ and any other affiliates no-go as far as items or powers go.

And while a person could try to magpie items using this system, they would ultimately become more sick and feeble as a result. Safe libriomancers rarely ever make more than ten such items at a time. Those who try usually are over-using magic and become more susceptible to char, possession, and malnutrition

>>46052052
It is why I am hesitant to use it. It comes with its own set of problems and issues. That said, the list of available things to use libriomancy would not be constantly in flux, but ever decreasing as finished jumps are not removed from the drive. Libriomancy could in effect be made totally obsolete by simply writing more jumps.
>>
>>46052176
Martian DNA is better. People just go for Kryptonian because Superman is more popular than Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>46052154
It was a microcomputer chip use for processing inside a robot bug. It ended up making not only swarm but construction equipment monsters.
>>
>>46052170
>>46052181

Aww yis
>>
>>46052171
D&D magic...I honestly don't know a lot about it, but doebst it get to the point where it's power and versatility is just silly at Epic Levels? Someone was asking about making an "Epic Deicide" spell to kill all the gods in the Forgotten Realms a few threads ago, and everyone seemed to agree it was possible. Someone else had a discussion about making a spell that could turn a plent into a diamond and then using that diamond as a focus for another spell.
>>
>>46052191
Well that just doesn't make sense. Pull a book out of a book, and it's blank. But pull a microchip out and it's full of the necessary code to run a Von Neumann swarm? Libriomancy is dumb.
>>
>>46052170
Don't Inukami kitsune just have one tail?
>>
>>46052231
You can pull books out of books. Use beauty and the beast. The mc does it a lot.
>>
>>46052236
To start with. You get more as you increase in age and power.
>>
>>46052248
I thought it was that you could only pull out books that were real, and those books existed somewhere somewhen. Does that mean the processor code on that microchip existed at some point?
>>
>>46052176
Hmm. I suppose I could bring up Beerus being an alleged universe buster but in terms of feats I have to admit that does sound pretty outstanding. I can't say I'm overly similar with the Silver Age so I headed to the DCAU for DC jump purposes.

>>46052143
Alright. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree in terms of it being "uniquely useful" based on my newfound understanding of a possible loophole in the risk of char/expenditure of magical energy. But between susceptibility to anti-magic and >>46052182's commentary my position on this whole thing is still kinda uncertain, especially with the jumpmaker's confirmation that the jump restrictions are indeed fiat-tier.

I suppose the idea of unfettered Libriomancy might appeal to the complte-powerset-or-nothing crowd, though.

>>46052218
I...don't know either. Are you sure those folks weren't talking about supplenting it with hundreds of jumps' worth of magic boosters? Because that's often a thing. I admit I'm honestly not sure what happens at Epic Levels though from what little I know high level D&D spells tend to do a very specific thing very well, and true proficiency kinda comes from combining effects and using the scry-and-die approach to set them up in advance with no possibility of retaliation.

I was also told sometimes that a lot of the epic stuff is in noncanon materials like the book the Neutronium Golem and reality-bending dragons were from, but I'm even less sure about that.
>>
>>46052165
I want to use it to make food pornography into food sex. Haven't you ever wanted to eat some of the things they're describing in the Hogwarts Feast?
>>
>>46052272
*overly familiar

Also shit >>46052143 I feel like at some points we may have been at cross-purposes since in
>>
>>46052273
Not Hogwarts, no. I would like some Redwall feats, though. Alright, anon, you're cool in my books. Hah, didn't even intend for that pun.
>>
Fucking captacha cut me off

>>46052285

hindsight I feel like you were talkinga bout libriomancy as set out in the jump with restrictions whereas I was only talking about Libriomancy sans restrictions as detailed in canon, just hope that misunderstanding wasn't there because I was specifically thinking of fiatless Libriomancy as being the form that provides an overwhelming advantage and my main contention with the current restrictions on libriomancy is they're kinda hard to define and nebulous as other people have put more eloquently
>>
>>46052252
Huh, okay. I thought you were stuck with just one.

Any idea if it follow the mythological aging (which I think is one every 100 years or so) or if it goes faster/slower?
>>
>>46052263
No it did not. That is one of the problems here.
>>
>>46052310
No idea, sorry.
>>
Also, to the anon I was talking to about Genius as a potential endgame example I just looked up Elonanon's most recent quotes on the subject

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45944499/#45957326
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/45602925/#45612383

And the Needle Grail does seem to be attached to an endgame scenario as of late.
>>
>>46052152
I intend to. I am incredibly anxious still being here.
And while not purchasable with CP, Negima has cat ears and tails that look and act just like the real thing.
>>46052158
Religious artifacts are a definite no-go. Supposedly Guttenberg would be able to do it given time and preparation, but just about anyone else would be possessed by some religious figure at best or outright destroyed by trying to tap into such a deep well of faith and belief. It's why religious texts are auto-banned and were the first things guttenberg locked.
>>46052181
It is very nearly that. There are a few things like general improvements or health potions that are allowed. A few swords and such that can cut through most things, some laser guns of various types and maybe a thing that makes people like you a bit better for a short while. Mostly he didn't want anything that could be used against him. And I suppose kryptonian/saiyan DNA would be one of them.

>>46052165
I am sad to hear that. But not surprised.

>>46052166
Until your book runs out of belief and becomes useless. It would likely have a very short shelf-life compared to other things you could do.
>>
>>46052182
Look, your jump is pretty okay outside of the libromancy bit. Just lock libromancy behind an end jump condition so we can all move on.
>>
>>46051372
Here's my suggestions on Libriomancy:

1) Start the jump 10 years and 1 second before whatever event breaks all the locks and removes the restrictions - or start it whenever, but the restrictions return post-Jump.

2) You cannot break locks until you're post-Spark.

3) Libriomancy is based off of books which exist on Libriomancer Earth (which is our Earth unless noted otherwise), not which exist in the individual worlds we visit, until we're post-Spark. This means we cannot increase belief in a book by republishing it, but also we won't lose access to them.

4) Since we are not a part of that world, any books we create or adapt, directly or indirectly, are not considered valid targets for Libriomancy pre-Spark.

I think that works to prevent most of the excesses people are considering with Libriomancy, while still letting it work.
>>
>>46052334
Having seen the available evidence I think >>46052387 is honestly the best solution here since otherwise I quite like the jump
>>
>>46052407
>based off of books which exist on Libriomancer Earth

Wouldn't that include Wheel of Time since allegedly someone whipped out Balefire at one point? I've asked several times whether it was bonafide Balefire or just some blasty magical beam and haven't gotten a confirmed answer, although it sounds like given the antimagic thing it'd be significantly less blasty against antimagic at least.
>>
>>46052407
This seems fine to me.
>>
>>46052231
Well if you pull out a fake book then its contents will be garbled or empty.

>>46052263
You make a good point and it's likely the author did not think that far. It is more likely that the chip contains the text that it was based on, and causes what ever it is inserted into to magically follow said commands, irregardless of differences in programing language.
>>46052272
I'm afraid they are correct. Looking at the forgotten realms jump, if you took all the drawbacks and put all of your points into becoming a wizard with a maximum spell craft, plus spell craft boosting items which are 1 million gold a dozen there (and who doesn't have 1 million gold by now?) you could craft and use an epic level spell that could kill a diety with only moderate preparation and backlash.
>>46052309
Yes, the restrictions detailed in cannon are very loose and I have done as best I can to shore them up. Now the question is, do we keep it as is, institute the nuclear option so that no-jumps that exist can be used for libriomancy, or set libriomancy as an end-game reward post universe?
>>
>>46052152
It's not exactly cheap, but Okami can get you a full mythological kitsune.
>>
>>46052434
BAH, shit-I skimmed over the "not which exist in the individual worlds" part because I'm a potato. I am legitimitely curious as to the answer though.
>>
>>46052334
>I intend to. I am incredibly anxious still being here.

That's good, but I want you to know something before you go.
You will never meet a group as honest as the cunts right here.
Now make Libromancy locked behind an end jump condition and fuck off, pussy.
:^)
>>
>>46052407
That...is remarkably well thought out thank you. Well, time for some major revisions.
>>
>>46052443
Well, as I've stated several times I'm in favour of setting libriomancy as an endgame reward. Although I must admit, I'm intrigued by >>46052407's proposal and would find it acceptable as well.
>>
>>46052407
I agree with this.
>>
File: TtJahDf19QZqfOcYIeAp47TQ.jpg (9KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
TtJahDf19QZqfOcYIeAp47TQ.jpg
9KB, 217x232px
>>46052236
>>46052252

In the anime, that is indeed the case. Kitsune only get one tail.
There's apparently both a light novel and a manga that the anime is based on with some differences in characterization and detail, and I'm not sure if they get nine tails or not in those or not.
>>
>>46052407
While I appreciate the effort, this doesn't do anything to mitigate the fiat nature of libromancy. Sure you limit it to books that exist on earth and you keep the seals in tact, fine, but that doesn't change the essential nature of libromancy: it's all effect and no method.

Libromancy is too vague and should be an end jump only option. It does not lend itself to mechanical constraint or parsing, and attempts to do that will be ultimately futile.

>>46052468
Keep the jump, drop the libromancy or make it end jump only.
>>
>>46052334

I'm not sure if this would work or not, but I had a thought.

Why not make Libromancy focus on the lazy mans magic part?

Basically instead of treating it as a magic system have it more as a method of making spell casting easier, but doesn't actually give you the potential to do so if you lack it.

For example let's say you want to throw a ball of fire at someone. Normally you would have to go through the process of learning how to cast the spell, and then the process of actually casting it. While with libromancy you just need to potential to cast it, and find an appropriate book.

However if your incapable of using any fire spells it just won't work.
>>
File: IMG_1266.jpg (557KB, 1309x1963px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1266.jpg
557KB, 1309x1963px
>>46052236
>>46052252
>>46052310
>>46052520

Totally head cannoning that its every 100 years anyway. Just means 90 standard jumps. It's a nice way of showing progress.

But holy fuck the pricing structure in that jump is fucked. Isn't MIB one of those fags who just makes jumps for the meta?
>>
>>46052566

A lot of MIBs jumps have horrible pricing structures. There's a reason they get complained about a lot.
>>
>>46052566
MIB made jumps when Jumpchain was still new and no one really was sure how to make a good jump. Even with that, though, they're not very good.
>>
>>46052648
MIB also made jumps a lot later, and without much improvement.
>>
>>46052564
I am fond of this idea but I feel that would add an element to it that I'd be unable to account for. Perhaps I might shift high-libriomancy to be more like this.

>>46052434
It was...pseudo balefire. Balefire as it could exist in a world where time travel is impossible. It could only remove the effects that an item had in the present and could not edit what had happened in the past as a result of it existing.
>>46052407
Based off these suggestions I developed this; It allows access to libriomancy in the world, doesn't let you make your own books, prevents you from unlocking them or using fanfics and allows you to be involved with cannon but doesn't let you use the unlocked books after the event. Still unsure if the books should be rechargeable in normal-worlds of if they should just steadily decay over the course of a century or three with no chance of renewal.

"For your libriomancy in future worlds, you are limited to the texts found in the initial world of Libriomancy, and cannot print or manufacture your own books. If it has not been printed in Libriomancer, it cannot be used. The literary cannon should be considered the same as your native world and must be published and printed in hard-copy to be available for libriomancy. Even books that are unlocked in cannon will be denied to you as they will be charred by other libriomancers who you will never meet and have no chance of finding before you can use them. Belief will recharge slowly in your books as you go to new worlds that have the same texts available but the belief will decay and become less useful as you go to worlds that lack said texts."
>>
What are some good jumps for being maximum bard?
>>
>>46052566
I just go Detective, become a master of a couple dozen skills, and ignore the rest.
>>
>>46052670
Macross, Fallen London, Sword & Sorcery, Viking Saga, Aquaria and Symphogear.
>>
>>46052670
Brutal Legend comes to mind, Changeling maybe?

>>46052674
Mate
Did you not hear me?

Fluffy
Tail
>>
>>46052663
This doesn't address the inherently vague nature of libromancy or the requests to put libromancy behind an end jump restriction.
>>
>>46052670
Take all the D&D jumps; always choose bard.

Buy the book in the FR jump that allows you to prestige. Some of the bard prestige classes are pretty dope.
>>
>>46052705
It does address the requests to lock Libriomancy. He's doing this instead. As for vagueness? It's pretty clear - books have to be published and printed on our Earth to be usable.
>>
>>46052663
I like the idea of all books steadily recharging at the same speed as they would during Libriomancer. Prevents them from becoming useless over the course of the Chain, but prevents attempts to recharge them by more clever versions of North Korea methods.
>>
>>46052663
Your defense in the previous thread was that you wanted this jump for the setting, not the power. That's obviously not the case.

Do whatever you want. It's clear that you're set on keeping it, despite people pointing out that it's either power grab or laziness as >>46052165
stated.
>>
>>46052767
Technically that'd mean that they don't recharge at all once you leave the world of Libromancer. Worlds that you've visited are frozen from the moment you leave them until you either get your spark, choose to stay somewhere, or go home.

Pedantic? Yes. Potentially worth pointing out now, though.
>>
>>46052705
It does not. But it does limit you to existing texts, thus preventing you from drawing out anything in the line of saiyan DNA or the like by publishing fanfics. The endjump restriction is still on the table, but I thought this might be a viable alternative that would satisfy the greatest number of people. Granted it will not satisfy everyone, nothing can. But atm this seems to be the most reasonable option that can be implemented.
>>
File: 169742.jpg (119KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
169742.jpg
119KB, 600x420px
Why do statues made up such good minions?
>>
>>46052670
Get 5000 CP in FR, become a level 50 Bard. Get the Worm Enhanced Mastery power, go to Civilization, grind for thousands of years. Voila, you could beat Jump-chan in a music contest.
>>
>>46052663
Honestly I feel you should just say screw the actual libriomancy unless you completely lock things like dna, or if not that then you just say you cannot replicate stuff from books after you pull them out.
>>
>>46052797
The setting doesn't really work that well without the power, though. The Doctor Who one comparison doesn't really work, since Companions were always guests of the Doctor rather than time travelers on their own, but it is like Harry Potter without magic.

So the question is how to make it work without making it a power grab, and I think he's got a workable solution.
>>
>>46052663
Any chance you would take the thread's earlier suggestion about bringing Flow back in some form to let you teach people magic?
>>
>>46052864
>>
>>46052797
I would get rid of it if literally every person here were shouting from the rooftops and saying to burn it in effigy or get rid of it. However there are still people here willing to defend it and try to make it work. This in turn tells me that I am on the right track and should keep trying to make it work.
>>
>>46052900
People were pissed about him just removing it instead of changing it literally just last thread.
>>
>>46052912
Considering you out and out stated that you were crafting this jump to appeal to power gamers you'll never get universal censure of this jump.
>>
>>46052854
He asked for GOOD jumps though, and you should never settle for 2/3
>>
>>46052900
Is it wrong that I'm a little disappointed that image uses Rinko Iori and not Natora Einus? I mean, if you're going to use a female Gundam captain (and Rinko really isn't, she's from Build Fighters and is just cosplaying) with the caption "And then there's this asshole", use the captain whose last name is pronounced the same way as "anus".
>>
>>46052912
Maybe if you capped the number of times per jump you can use a book? Like a hard cap not this nebulous belief system stff.
>>
>>46052864
Afraid not. It was a flimsy idea from the start and doesn't exactly fit well within the world of Libriomancy. That said, I recently stumbled upon a manga called "tales of demons and gods" about a time travel in a mystic-martial-arts world who travels back to his younger days and teaches all his friends about all his super-secret mystical martial-arts voodoo. It may be possible that a teaching perk of that variety might be more plausible in that jump.

Alternatively is you want someone to learn just some form of magic, I'd advise the Negima jump as it is specifically stated that magic is a learnable/teachable skill there and can be used by high school students who practice it in their off-time.
>>
>>46052859
The DNA is magic DNA, though, not biological DNA. It's like the blueprint question here: >>46052014 - based on his response, you'd either need to constantly maintain it, or it'd only have the properties that DNA would have IN THAT JUMP. So Saiyan DNA wouldn't give you godlike might unless you could get godlike might from that exact type of DNA in-Jump.
>>
>>46052853
Because sculpting is best art.

Speaking of... What jumps would be best for animating statue minions?
>>
>>46052961
Wait, where does it say all magic is learnable/teachable in that jump? I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I thought it was an inborn ability, much like DBZ-specific ki for Saiyans/humans/Namekians.
>>
>>46052964
I asked because in setting you are wrong and I want him to answer
>>
>>46052986
Soul Eater has some pretty good golem animation, to the degree that a skilled enchanter can do it pretty casually.
>>
>>46052986
Pretty sure Mushoku Tensei has some nice animated statues/dolls. Also a really nice perk for making them.
>>
Oh hey, for once I'm on during the Libromancer discussion.
>>46052841
My suggestion would be to dismiss bug guy as a plot hole. Also keep the locks around post jump with the pen letting you write around ones in place for categorical reasons while the ones in place due to power are unbreakable or require you to excise the bits that got that lock placed to disable the lock. Also allow you to revel in the lock free time in canon but confiscate anything directly influenced by your Libromancy during that time post jump. The tying it to Libromancer world might be a good idea but runs into the issue of supply of books. This setup lets them have some fun with it but gives decent hard limits and room to shout down people doing stupid stuff.
>>
>>46052986
Any jump that lets you access high-end magic should be able to pull it off. Also, I remember Chaos Magic from Young Justice being able to animate objects.
>>
>>46052956
Sadly it is flimsy in cannon. Apparently belief accumulates more if there are more people reading it at once than if the same number of people only read it a little bit over a long period of time. And belief does decay over time at a rate that isn't specified but it is said that something like harry potter books would have belief into the next half-century if I recall correctly.

If it would make anyone particularly jubilant I could do a "you can only use a given book 100 times before it is depleted and must spend ten years in a normal-ish jump before it can recharge fully. You can use this more if you return objects you take from books" etc.
>>
>>46052991
Any human in Negima can learn magic/ki. Don't know about future jumps.
>>
>>46052964
Anon he never says it wouldnt work.
>>
File: peekaboo.png (144KB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
peekaboo.png
144KB, 720x406px
>>46052986
Fallen London has Light of the Empire. You could probably also pull it off with Tortall's magic, and if you become a wizard/witch you could theoretically research the means used to create golems.

And Discworld golems are EXTREMELY buff. We're talking tank divine lightning bolts with no problem, work for longer than the civilisations that built them at the bottom of the ocean, being theoretically strong enough to rip trolls (which are lifeforms made of rock or very rarely, crystal) in half -and fast enough to catch a ballista bolt with one hand.
>>
>>46053042
I figured it'd only be Negima humans for the same reasoning as DBZ humans being able to ki mountains apart, especially since I was pretty sure Negi inherited his talent from his dad or something
>>
>>46053033
I was thinking more like 10 times per book honestly.
>>
>>46053033
So can you pull dna out and clone something from it?
>>
>>46052991
It's not learnable/teachable by the jump standards, but in canon that is exactly what happens. Literally normal high-school student are taught how to do magic by their genius the year old teacher. Even the ten year old had no talent to start with but spent years training to be as good as his unnaturally badass/talented father.

>>46053001
I'd like to stand by my previous statement that things you try to copy would only work if you were in a world in which such copying was available.

That said I can see your point. It's probably best and easiest to say that objects made with libriomancy cannot be reverse engineered.
>>
File: d2z8yz6.png (339KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
d2z8yz6.png
339KB, 900x506px
>>46052986
Smithy's Army from Super Mario RPG allows you to prettymuch instantly bring constructs to life via magic. They'll have personalities and everything.
You can prettymuch go full Disney's Merlin on it, if you wanted, giving life to all your furniture so they can hop around.
>>
>>46052964
Most magic creature come from books in that jump anon. Including vampires who can jump well enough to leave earths orbit.
>>
>>46053075
I worked think so, but can't you teach people in future jumps to use Naruto Chakra?
>>
>>46053033
My advice is guidelines for how long you can keep how big of an effect active. For WoT how badly was it affected by the Balefire? Basically ridiculous high end magic you get about enough belief to do a couple times a jump, low-mid tier stuff you can pull out for combat frequently and not be too bad off, and minor stuff is barely noticeable unless book is already heavily charred.
>>
>>46052853
>Gantz

Man I cringed so much reading that. MC was cool though.
>>
>>46053207
Powerlevels aside, that seems like a really stupid thing to do if you can't fly... Especially for a vampire, since as soon as the earth isn't blocking the sun anymore...
>>
>>46053196
So is it fair to say you are disallowing cloning of from libriomantically obtained dna?
>>
>>46053241
What? No, I've never heard that.
>>
>>46053287
The vampires at least had the brains to not be in the sun at the time but he was also carrying a person so...
>>
>>46053315
Yeah you can. I think that its based on the first ninjas. Read the jump notes.
>>
>>46053100
I spent like 10 minutes trying to think of a good answer and failing.

So I'm just going to say; Any attempt to clone something will almost assuredly fail.

>>46053078
Perhaps we could split the difference and call it 25 if you continue to draw out objects without returning them afterwords?
>>
>>46053369
That fixes a lot thank you.
>>
>>46053369
With those limits in place I don't see any problem
>>
>>46053299
I am afraid so as cloning opens a can of worms that I am not willing to deal with.

>>46053406
Ok, so ten items out at once. One book can be used twenty five times unless you return stuff to it when you're done. And books regenerate belief after ten years of being in a setting that has them being read. That sound all fine and dandy to those interested?
>>
>>46053489
Sounds great to me!
>>
>>46053489

>And books regenerate belief after ten years of being in a setting that has them being read.

This parts going to be hard to track since well we don't actually have much information on the fiction of fictional universes.
>>
>>46053542
Lets call it any universe that is an analogue of the original one we inhabit. You know, any world that is "much like your own except for X"
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 180x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 180x472px
Age ole question, Martian or Kryptonian. Well why not both? I give you Super Martian!
>>
>>46051738
>You can't get anything here unless you go end game and skip everything else!
>Compromise
>>
Alright, so I've been on here for about 4 hours straight. I am afraid I must leave now. Thank you all for your input and I look forward to finally publishing a worthwhile version...soon. Have a nice day everyone.
>>
>>46053558
Aren't Martians literally Kryotonains but better?
>>
>>46053555
That kinda vague. Would Bleach fall into that category, it's like ours but with spirit battles. How about Fallout?
>>
>>46052660
Now that's a lie, he improved a lot. He just started in a low place, so he didn't become all that good still. Don't discount the due when he did try some.
>>
>>46053653
Martians don't have the same bullshit levels of strength, speed, endurance, and durability.
>>
>>46053614
>Can't get one thing
>Can't get anything
Libromancer cheerleaders were the ones saying that there's more to the jump and the setting than Libromancy.
>>
>>46053653

Except where Kryptonians are only vulnerable to red suns and magic space rocks, martians are vulnerable to "literally all fire, ever". Dude with a match and hairspray? Kick a martian's ass
>>
>>46053685
They don't also have LASER EYES, and Freezing Breath. They do however have Telepathy, Shapeshifting and Density shifting.
>>
>>46053709
>Can't get the entire point of the series because I'm scared my item section might be less useful to a person who bought it.

And that's true, but that doesn't mean your suggestion wasn't retarded.
>>
>>46053614
He was asking for suggestions, which you haven't provided any of.
>>
>>46053685
Yes they do, except in Silver Age. Martian Manhunter is almost Superman's physical match in more modern times, most of the time.

>>46053714
And telekinetics.
>>
>>46053714
Pretty sure I've seen them have laser eyes in the comics. Admittedly doesn't matter because it's not there for Young Justice.
>>
>>46053737
People thought it was a legitimate concern, yes. If you had a better suggestion spit it out, or forever hold your piece, because people have talked it over for a long while with more complex reasoning than "Because I want X"
>>
>>46053683
Look at Busuo Renkin (Buso Renkin in the drive) and tell me that with a straight face.
>>
>>46053775
Yep. You weren't actually here for his initial jumps, huh?
>>
>>46053712
Except that's a psychological weakness, not a physical one. It's something that they've been conditioned to believe thanks to genetic memory alteration, and their shapeshifting makes it true. It's possible to overcome that weakness with training. Of course, that also makes them go insane and start torturing everyone. If they manage to come back from the insanity, though, they regain the fire weakness at a reduced level. Makes it so that only psychically significant fires can harm them. Fires set in rage, or grief, or whatever. Just any old fire won't hurt them. Though given how many fire-themed villains happen to be pyromaniacs...well, it's not that much of an improvement. Makes day to day life a lot easier, though.
>>
>>46053775
Yeah, it's a god damned masterpiece compared to Deadman Wonderland.
>>
>>46053813
Why are they afraid of fire anyway? Where did fire badtouch them when they were little?
>>
>>46053876
They were genetically engineered to because their initial form was a ridiculously powerful omnicidal race that was constantly on fire and bred by causing suffering.
>>
>>46053876
It's an artificially introduced weakness by Guardians of the Universe. They were Burning Martians a universal conquering species that destroyed entire worlds. They used fire to reproduce. So they introduced fire weakness to the Martians to stop them from becoming a Burning Martian again.
>>
>>46053876
The Guardians (the same ones who are in charge of the Green Lantern Corps) engineered them to have a fear of fire because fire was how they reproduced in their natural state. The original Burning Martians were constantly on fire, and upon feeding on enough fear and suffering would blaze up into a huge fire and then split via mitosis. The fire fear was something the Guardians gave them in the hopes of preventing them from being such a huge threat to the universe.
>>
>>46052189
Not in silver age. Jonn is only as strong as Clarke when Clarke is at a semi reasonable strength.
>>
>>46053788
I actually was - I am STILL salty about Code Geass, and Deadman Wonderland evidently thinks Drop-In doesn't exist. And why I'm also sad he got to Warframe, as he just... He doesn't do it JUSTICE.

But look at Buso Renkin. Just - look at the points and discount layout. Where Homunculus literally has a 600 CP advantage over the others, Alchemical Warrior gets all of TWO perks, it's just a fucking mess all in all.
And full of such sterling examples of text as, and I fucking quote:
>Immortality (Free for Homunculus) (400cp): You can live forever now.

>>46053815
Oh god, fucking Infinicon's a work of art compared to Deadman.
>>
>>46053926
>>46053933
>>46053950
Oh, it sounds a bit like the Krogan genophage thing but simultaneously more reasonable, crueler and just plain stupider.
>>
>>46054034
Yes, but "this character is not stronger than Superman was in the Silver Age" is a statement that you can apply to literally everyone everywhere.
>>
>>46053241
Yep, confirms so in the jump notes and everything. You will actually need to learn/recreate the chakra transfer technique though.
>>
>>46054058
Silver Age was silly.
>>
>>46054046
>Infinicon's a work of art compared to Deadman

I want to tell you you're wrong, but the best I can say is that Deadman has less words and less obvious trap options, and technically the trap options are apparently part of the setting
>>
>>46054050
Nah, it's not crueler. Martians still had sexual reproduction that worked just fine, this only took away asexual. The only thing that changed was that they weren't self-replicating fire monsters. And only a single Martian went Burning in their entire lifespan as a species after that (Martian Manhunter himself, ironically), so it worked pretty well overall.
>>
>>46054109
I guess? Don't really know how to take the "Gaslight an entire species into forgetting part of its' fundamental makeup and associating it with psychological trauma" thing, but at the same time I can see why they did it.
>>
>>46051983
>The problem of libromancy is less its power and more its incredibly nebulous nature.

If you can point to five other magic systems in Jumpchain that are less nebulous, I'll continue eating this bowl of dates.
Thread posts: 531
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.