[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 374
Thread images: 26

File: lively-OP.png (22KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
lively-OP.png
22KB, 700x700px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/b5cN2RkK
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

> QM question
How STEM is your quest?

> Player question
Why are QMs with unusual beliefs (like Hexer, XS, JQOP and Soma) so great?
>>
>>44984851
>why are social reject qms popular with social reject players
>>
>>44984851
To players: Be honest, have you samefagged? When was the last time you samefagged? In the last month? The last week? Last 24 hours?
>>
Has there been a noblebright wanderlust quest?
>>
>>44984561
>>
>>44984985
Nope never

To be honest I think sameaging is really rare nothing and out of quests and most people that accuse people of it are just buthurt 2 people can share an opinion they don't like
>>
>>44985052
I mean really rare in and out of quests don't know where that nothing came from
>>
>>44984985
Never to really to try and force my vote to win, but I have samefagged to make it seem to the QM there are more people playing, specially when people are cycling out to go to sleep and its just me and maybe some other anon left.

Nothing crazy, just an extra vote, 2 at the most.
>>
>>44984993

Depends on whether you consider monstergirl waifu collection noblebright.

If the setting is nice this would probably be very fun though.
>>
File: OP-is-always-a-faggot.png (556KB, 1452x2148px) Image search: [Google]
OP-is-always-a-faggot.png
556KB, 1452x2148px
>>44984851
It goes in the subject field, not the name field.

You've fucked a perfectly good /wqdt/ because you couldn't be arsed to take three seconds to check.
>>
>>44984851
>>44984949
Waht's unusual about what they believe? And how are they social rejects?
>>
>>44985052
The closest I've gotten to samefagging is voting for two different options in the same update.
>>
>>44985383
>You've fucked a perfectly good /wqdt/ because you couldn't be arsed to take three seconds to check.
He did it on purpose. It's the same faggot who keeps "accidentally" making typos every week to bypass filters. Just make a proper one and report this thread.
>>
You know what we need?

A pokemon quest.
>>
>>44985857

A prehistoric one, preferably.

One that isn't a foil for excessive yuri bullshit.
>>
>Allow the players to spread bad rumors about the other potential waifus/imoutos to ruin them

Will you give this ability to the players as a counterbalance to waifuing? Will you enjoy the fireworks as the consequence?

inb4 Yandere Simulator
>>
>>44985800
>Soma
Alcoholic Incestuous /pol/ack

>JQOP
Singaporean

>Hexer/XS
HOOO BOY
>>
>>44985857
I was thinking of running a pokemon quest where you're some loser who joins up with Team Rocket for the money and the pokes. That sound interesting or lame?
>>
File: 1445451877461.png (24KB, 235x234px) Image search: [Google]
1445451877461.png
24KB, 235x234px
>>44986166
Doesn't sound that interesting baka desu senpai
>>
>>44986229
I was just shitposting, in all honesty. That said, if you make it a thing where pokemon can and will attack trainers and we have to get out of being scrub-tier to have any chance, it'd be a fun progression.

Team Rocket seems like the type that would take a few months to see their recruits not be total scrubs. It'd be fun to see that progression and you could also mix in some SoL elements without it being boring.
>>
>>44986166
I'm not sure what you're trying to get at? Is this one of those ebin subversions where you play a girl competing for a man in the midst of a harem anime setup?

Otherwise, why would you even slander the girls orbiting your cock? Just reject them or do the faggy anime bullshit. And how does one even choose their blood relatives?
>>
>>44986379
Its a shitpost.
>>
>>44986341
>Team Rocket seems like the type that would take a few months to see their recruits not be total scrubs

See, I was actually thinking of taking this in the opposite direction.. Especially when compared to the shit tactics and diversity of pokemon most grunts actually have in the game. It would be more about getting some rather low tier pokemon and told to make dat green and then learning how to not be a shitter on your own. Maybe break away. Maybe rise the ranks.
>>
>>44986412

I kinda like it.
>>
>>44986412
That also sounds fun. I'm game for that, just make sure you can run for more than a few sessions.
>>
>>44986412

Fund it.
>>
>>44986394
I know, but most shitposts are usually at least halfway coherent.
>>
I just want a second AoPH for more extreme min/maxing and playerbase meltdowns.
>>
QM/Players: Have you ever become creeped out by how invested other players were in the Quest?
>>
Quest
>>44986644
>>
>>44986707
As a QM, I don't know about creeped out but I've certainly been surprised by player passion.
>>
>>44986707

No, expressing emotion isn't creepy.
>>
>>44985904
>One that isn't a foil for excessive yuri bullshit.
>He dislikes lesbians
Why do you even play quests?
>>
>>44987044

I like lesbians.

I like yuri.

I don't like how every time, without fail, a female quest protagonist is a lesbian. It's annoying and stale.
>>
>>44986707
Never have I been creeped out by anon.

When I am able to write something that gets the players talking, and they are expressing their disbelief/anger/excitement at the situation, I know that I've done well.

Especially when the majority of the responses are "What the fuck just happened?" in the best context possible.

Then another anon explains exactly what happened. It's brilliant, really, watching the anon's thinking. It's fantastic, especially when they begin theorizing, begin uncovering pieces of the many secrets the quest has..

The rabbit hole goes deep, my friends. The question now is if they can see the questions through to their conclusion.
>>
File: emote_1417508316509.jpg (49KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
emote_1417508316509.jpg
49KB, 435x326px
>>44987044
>>One that isn't a foil for excessive yuri bullshit.
>Why do you even play quests?
quests confirmed for excuse to pander to lowest common denominator.
>>
>>44986707
I like to think that whenever a player is spewing shit, it's because they care.
>>
>>44986707
Never.

Because I'm just about as invested, myself!

Though there have been times that people have discussed previous quests I ran, and they remember much more about it than I do. But that's more because I have memory problems.
>>
How is making a sandbox quest supposed to make me QM better, if it's one of the big no-no's?
>>
>>44987077
The good thing about absolute declarations is that you only need one instance to disprove them.

http://pastebin.com/mYquXj3P#_=_
>>
>>44987044

Literally why we all want you off the fucking board.
>>
>>44987298
It's not quite that sandbox is a no-no, but it's something that you need experience to run correctly.

HOWEVER, the most important things about a quest is choice and the ability for players to do what they want. So while a quest shouldn't be 'sandbox' because that lacks direction unless you're a really good QM, you should still allow the player to choose which direction they want to go.

It's a kind of weird distinction, and one I'm not very good at explaining.
>>
>>44987319
>we
Speak for yourself and only yourself.
>>
>>44987044
Yurifags are a disease
>>
>>44987310

>he thinks one minor exception is enough to disprove an otherwise accurate statement

Islam is a religion of piece right Abdullah?
>>
>>44987403
>Shifting goalposts.
>>
Remember when cat ears were in?
>>
>>44987416

Describing your own post?

This argument is getting meta.
>>
>>44987416
>thinking this is a debate
>>
Someone played a cruel prank last night in DASQ by making itseem like QuestDrone was lurking in it.

Made me verrrry sad
>>
>>44987403
One minor exception is sufficient to disprove "I don't like how every time, without fail, a female quest protagonist is a lesbian."

You were pretty bad at math, I take it?

Now, if you had come up with a random statistic pulled out of your ass, I would have had to do some research, but it's a good thing you're stupid.
>>
>>44987493

I can do random statistics.

100% of /tg/ posters think you're a shit.

Source: I post on /tg/ and think you're a shit.
>>
>>44987493
Haven't we actually dug up a list of every notable female quest protag before, and found out that the majority of them are definitively straight? I swear this happened a few months ago.

Why does this shit keep coming back?
>>
>>44987507
I don't.

Your 100% statistic just failed. You really were awful at math, jeez.

>>44987519
Yes. And shitposting.
>>
>>44987519
Confirmation bias.
>>
>>44987519
It's an easy thing for the antiquesters to latch onto. Simple as that.
Or we just have a lot if dumb homophobes or something
>>
>>44987536

Erroneous - you are not a /tg/ poster. You are a naked mole rat and thus unable to take part in my polling.

Checkmate mongoose.
>>
>>44987540
It wasn't confirmation bias and was actually pretty objective.

Hell, if we took every currently running female quest protag and compared them to each other we'd still get more straight or not interested ones than straight up lesbian ones.
>>
>>44987585
I was responding to your question at the end, not refuting your statement.

I think if you're gonna jump at everything like it's an argument that's a sure sign to take a step back, btw.
>>
The problem to me is when the players do choose to go gay, it's for what the wrong fucking reasons.

Its because people want to have their cake and eat it to, rather than actually play a gay character.

If you look at the ratio of gay female to straight female

And then at the ratio of gay male to straight male.

Well, fuck, has there ever been a gay male protagonist?

People want to jerk off to girl on girl/ are unwilling to roleplay a character attracted to men which is infinitely worse than wanting to play a lesbian.
>>
>>44987519
>the majority of them are definitively straight
More like unconfirmed, bisexual with preference to dyking out or literally whos from almost undiscussed quests. That list is bullshit propaganda made by yurifags.
>>
>>44987630
Honestly, most of the time if you let the players choose they usually go straight or bisexual. They never go full gay.

That's for both male and female protagonists. If you give them the option to fuck cute boys as a male they will still do it, but only if you allow them to still fuck women.

/tg/ has no qualms playing a bi dude, but if you try to make him gay then it'll fuck everything up.
>>
>>44987678
>/tg/ has no qualms playing a bi dude
[citation required]

The only bi male protag I know of is Jareth from Warlord's Disciple of Elsshu quest.

And holy shit, the amount of anti elf boy fucking sperg in that quest was off the charts.
>>
File: 1443993363617.png (435KB, 750x564px) Image search: [Google]
1443993363617.png
435KB, 750x564px
>>44987656
I'm going to bed, anon.

Enjoy your shitposting, I can't be arsed to stay up and bother with this.
>>
>>44987702
EGO's HGW quest sequel had the MC fuck a cute boy.

It's basically how you frame if and if the QM allows it. Naturally most QMs don't even make it an option, but if you made it an option people will vote for it.
>>
>>44987714
The other thing you have to take into consideration is the amount of straight female MCs that are only straight because the QM put his foot down.

Hellborn Quest being what I'm thinking of.

And not to mention Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest where the lesbian QM said 'no i won't do a lesbian romance because /tg/ is shit at it'
>>
>>44987742
you can't just throw out acronyms like that and expect me to know what you're talking about

take the time to type out what HGW stands for.
>>
>>44987779
Holy Grail War.

>>44987752
No, there have been plenty in the past that went straight out of choice. /tg/ just likes to ignore those to confirm their own bias.

/tg/ just likes to go bi all things considered.
>>
>>44984851
>Why are QMs with unusual beliefs (like Hexer, XS, JQOP and Soma) so great?

What is meant by this?
>>
>>44987854
Shitposting.
>>
>>44987854
Likely a /QTG/ IRC Illuminati inside joke.
>>
>>44987752
>And not to mention Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest where the lesbian QM said 'no i won't do a lesbian romance because /tg/ is shit at it'

Honestly, it's because the QM is shit at it. Not /tg/. /tg/ just makes the choices, the QMs write them out.

I hate when romance is blamed on the players, the QMs are the ones writing it out.
>>
File: 1p.png (123KB, 592x454px) Image search: [Google]
1p.png
123KB, 592x454px
>>44985857
>>
>>44987779
HGW stands for Holy Grail War, a type of setting based off of the Fate/Stay franchise. It's where a bunch of wizards each summon a mythological human or demihuman figure- Roland of Charlemagne, Ajax the Great. Hercules, Gilgames, King Arthur- and go to war. Last surviving wizard that still has their minion wins.

While the idea of an HGW is good, the Fate/Stay series ruined it by making arthur a chick and such. Moreover, too many people have run shitty HGW quests.
>>
>>44987885
No, that's just dumbass fans of those QMs wanking in public.
>>
>>44986229
There is a Team Rocket Quest on >>>/vp/ .
>>
>>44987813
>/tg/ just likes to go bi
I call so much bullshit on this, /tg/'s "bi femc" is basically "hardest dyke alive femc".
>>
>>44987813
>there have been plenty in the past that went straight out of choice

And there have been plenty of times where /tg/ has tried their damnedest to be gay despite no lesbian option being proffered.

Alcoholics don't drink alcohol 24/7.

they do drink too much.
>>
>>44987925
>Still salty about pokemon quest
Scorpion girl also had a bi MC and chose a male LI in the end.
>>
>>44987924
But I wouldn't want to run on /vp/
>>
>>44987942
If a QM let's it happen then it is being offered.
>>
>>44987992
And some QMs don't. But still, the fact they have to beat yurifags off with a stick means /tg/ has a drinking problem.
>>
dudes what about a quest where you play as a QM and you have to make a successful quest and avoid shitposters and flames all while going to school and getting good grades.
>>
>>44988021
Not really.
>Guys this isn't being offered in the quest
>yurifags quietly drop it or just make fanart anyway

Where anti yurifags are
>Fuck they let the players go lesbian?
>Time to shitpost the quest and QTG because nothing went my way.
>>
>>44987968
Read through it's logs and see what you can do to improve upon it.
>>
>>44988056
It doesn't matter if anti yurifags are worse.

Yurifags are still a problem.
>>
>>44988031
That's been done multiple times. Also, learn how to capitalize and punctuate. This is an adult board, not Twitter.
>>
>>44988099
>GET THE YURI OUT OF MY /TG/ REEEEE

good luck, son
>>
>>44988099
Only for anti-yurifags.
>>
>>44988099
They're not a problem at all. They just vote for someone they like and then either drop or stay with the quest if they can't get what they want.

Anti-yurifags whine, shitpost the quest, spread fallacious statements constantly
>>
>>44988149
>>44988141

Incorrect. Yurifags also generally shit on male npcs and treat them worse than female npcs for no goddamn reason.
>>
>>44988056
The evil forces of the dastardly anti-yurifags wouldn't even exist if yurifags weren't such humongous faggots.
>>
>>44988179
No they don't. What quest does that even happen?

Oh wait, you're probably still salty about Pokemon quest.
>>
>>44988179
Haven't seen it myself.
>>
Is the person reviewing quests still around? I'm up for a review, or even a review/critique trade with another QM (By twitter private message, perhaps?) if they'd like to.
>>
>>44988202
No, not really. anti-yurifags are just rejects from /a/.
>>
>>44988206
In every quest where yurifags successfully or unsucessfully make the female MC go gay they generally voice an opinion shitting on male npcs/ Love Interests.

While I've never read pokemon quest, seeing as it keeps getting brought up. Would you mind relating the events that have happened in it?
>>
>>44986226
>Alcoholic Incestuous /pol/ack
What?
>Singaporean
toplel
>>
>>44987813
>/tg/ just likes to go bi all things considered.
Not really. /tg/ is too clingy to be a true slut.
>>
File: _yuriquest.png (35KB, 920x640px) Image search: [Google]
_yuriquest.png
35KB, 920x640px
>Great Beast #4
>>44985407

>Lego Quest Presents...
>>44987354

>CIV: The Yorkmen, Part 2
>>44984141

>AZURE Quest 10
>>44987941

>Conquer the Future CIV part 3
>>44986689
>>
>>44988255
So name the fucking quests where it happens or get out.

>This happens all the time!
>Really? Name some quests
>No really it happens.

Nigger please

>>44988268
/tg/ basically fantasizes about being a bislut but doesn't have the balls to actually be a full slut. We all saw what happened in Exalted quest
>>
>>44988268
That's not what bi means, anon.
>>
>>44988303
Dragon Ball Tuffle

Hellborn
>>
>>44988268
I can confirm.

The only way I've found to break the clinginess is to have another waifugirl be much hotter, comparatively, than the original girl they've clung onto.

And then, the waifu wars begin between the original and the new one and I rejoice as a QM.
>>
>>44988328
>Hellborn
Nobody really shit on the male characters that hard. Languid was shit at characterizing any of the potential romance choices at the beginning and /tg/ got turned off of the only one that was interesting because he had a girlfriend when we first tried to pursue. Once Wolfgang broke up with the girlfriend then we pounced on him

The only male that people truly didn't like that much was Baron and that was because of the way he was characterized. Harvey got better once he started acting more human.
>>
>>44984851
Those who deviate from what is considered normal often have an interesting perspective on the world around them.
>>
>>44988310
Not officially, but that's what it boils down to.
>>44988303
They might want a harem, but they still refuse to be sluts.
>>
>>44988216
There seem to be a couple of them around now, anon. What quest did you have in mind exactly?
>>
>>44988411
>Languid was shit at characterizing
See, I see this claim for male characters a lot.

And yet, plenty of absolutely shittily characterized female characters are waifued to hell and back by yurifags and non yurifags alike.

i believe people claim 'shit at characterizing' when really they mean 'i will view everything this male character says/does in the worst light imaginable'.

I mean, really, think about most quest waifus and how much they've actually said and done versus how long it takes for the players to latch onto them.
>>
>>44988299
I have to ask. Why is Conquer the Future Civ called like that, and why is Azure Quest called Azure Quest?
>>
>>44988255
Not to mention the vast gulf in standards for 'bisexual' characters.

>male LI
>constantly shitted on for not being perfect
>if he actually is perfect, shitted on for being boring

>female LI
>loved and pampered just for having a vagina

I know you niggas are thirsty, but you don't have to try so hard with fictional bitches
>>
>>44988487
Azure is the name of the main character. It's a callback to another AI character from a previous quest.
>>
>>44988303
>Exalted quest
Wasn't that the one where the tumblrcunts started screaming problematic, creepy, rapey, etc?

Enjoy your target audience yurifags.
>>
>>44988478
Did you stop at that sentence or something? Because once you read the entire thing it does state that he eventually characterizes his male characters just fine.

People liked Rowan because she actually was characterized very well compared to most of the other characters from the beginning. That's why people wanted to be around her so much.

But Languid does eventually give people a reason to want to be with Wolfgang, because he was also like Rowan where he was nice to be around.
>>
>>44988537
>Rowan because she actually was characterized very well compared to most of the other characters from the beginning

I highly doubt it.

If Rowan was a male character I don't think players would have thought she was well characterized.

I see the claim 'QMs don't know how to write good male characters' and its a load of shit on the whole.
>>
>>44988411
>Languid was shit at characterizing any of the potential romance choices
More like, every choice where we could have gone with one of the male characters was stomped out by "ROWAN ROWAN ROWAN". You can't characterize the character if he simply never appears. Whereas it's easy for the mainly straight male population to instantly become enamored with Rowan, dumping all their "muh muscleangelgirl" fantasy upon her.

And Harvey is best. Though I don't fucking remember if he ever got with his elf friend.
>>
>>44988470
Either one of my two quests would be good, both would be great.

Biopunk quest: Dystropian future.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=biopunk

Noah's Park: Monsterwaifu survival
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Noahs%20Park
>>
>>44988354
That's not even slutting it up, that's just trading up models
>>
>>44988627

I don't get what you mean there.
>>
>>44988602
Nope, people wanted to be with Wolfgang because he wasn't a betamale clinger like Baron or a straight up cuntface like Waldo.

>>44988594
If Rowan was male it would be the same reaction. I guarantee it.
>>
>>44988648
>betamale clinger
Stop hating yourself, mate. Baron is fine.
>>
>>44988678
Baron was shit mate.

Wolfgang > Baron
>>
>>44988648
I guarantee the opposite.

You really think people would like a Muscle Male Angel?
>>
>>44988694
I don't mean Baron was good boyfriend material for Sierra, but come on. Not everybody can be a hot snake-tongue demon who is immune to fire.
>>
>>44988648
>betamale clinger like Baron or a straight up cuntface like Waldo.

>Betamale clinger

So, you're talking about the standard shy girl

>Straight up cuntface

The tsundere.
>>
>>44988648
>If Rowan was male it would be the same reaction. I guarantee it.
You mean Harvey?

Yeah... Right.
>>
>>44988606
Try not to ask for a review until your quest has at least 5-10 threads.

At five threads, you can at least get some feedback a little on first impressions and thoughts.

At 10+, you can probably get a more indepth analysis across the whole thing.

Before then, you're really just starting the quests out. Give yourself some time to struggle a bit and find your stride before putting them up to be critiqued.

Regardless, I've bookmarked both links. I'll keep an eye on them from time to time.
>>
>>44988789
Ok, I will do so then. Thank you for the advice!
>>
>>44988730
People find different traits attractive for a certain gender anon.

Most people don't find a slutty woman that flirts with everything that has a penis to be attractive. They don't find a tall muscle woman that can crush your hand attractive and they don't find a swearing crude chain smoker attractive. They usually find those attractive when they're men.

The same goes for betamale and cuntface.

Traits that are attractive on women are typically not attractive on men and viceversa
>>
>>44988789
A quest should never run for more than a dozen sessions...
>>
So this thread has clued me in on the dangers of having a female protagonist.

How do I avoid the pitfalls?
>>
>>44988838
>Tall muscle woman that can crush your hand
>Swearing, chain smoker
I know you said 'most', but goddamn anon, you went on to specifically list two of my strike zones.
>>
>>44988838
>They don't find a tall muscle woman that can crush your hand attractive and they don't find a swearing crude chain smoker attractive

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

OH WAIT YOU'RE SERIOUS!

LET ME lAUGH EVEN HARDER!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
>>
>>44988861
It has only clued you into the biases of certain people.

Just make quest man.
>>
>>44988838
>They don't find a tall muscle woman that can crush your hand attractive

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>44988861
Just be a decent writer and you should be fine.

If you're not willing to write lesbians then say so. Don't make it an option and then bitch about the players choosing it.
>>
>>44988861
There is no pitfall.

Any male love interest you have, if they have ANY flaw will be hated/disliked/shat on.

If they're perfect, they'll be boring for you to write and characterize, not to mention anons might also bitch about this.

Try your best.
>>
>>44988838
>They don't find a tall muscle woman that can crush your hand attractive
>Implying
>>
>>44988873
>>44988889
>>44988911
>>44988926
I wasn't talking about weirdo fetishists anon.
>>
>>44988861
Make the MC completely uninterested in romance and sex, but tease the players with cute girls and/or boys anyway.
>>
>>44988932
Vanilla is the weirdest fetish of all.
>>
>>44988838
Also, saying that women don't like tsundere men is fucking incorrect.

Women love assholes. Not like, actual assholes. But they appreciate the bantz.

Maybe not millenials, they're a bunch of stuck up feminists looking to interpret any comments of a man as an excuse to fight the patriarchy, but there's a reason many romance movies had the sexual leads arguing before leading into sex
>>
>>44988951
They love attractive assertive assholes. Waldo was a haughty asshole that would've have been fine as a woman.
>>
>>44988975
>love attractive assertive assholes

Alright, write an attractive assertive asshole and see how many elegan/tg/entlemen, while roleplaying a woman, will actually like the guy.

Now write the character as a woman and see how many threads it takes for them to fall in love with her.
>>
>>44989013

The problem with this is that it depends upon the roleplayer as much as the writer creating the character. I have a hard time roleplaying as a woman. Many of us are in that boat.
>>
>>44988647
>let's ditch waifu A for waifu B
A slut would just sleep with both and commit to neither
>>
>>44989135
>I have a hard time roleplaying as a woman.

And this is my number 1 problem with yurifags.

You want yuri.

But you can't/won't play a real woman.

So we end up playing a man with tits and a vagina.

Which is worse than any number of /u/ fags that are into little lolis making out.

This is /tg/. We're supposed to be the ones good at roleplaying.

We're so bad at roleplaying lesbians that actual lesbians won't run lesbian romances we're so bad at it.
>>
>>44988602
>muh muscleangelgirl
They probably woulda just dumped pictures of Jojos if the character was a musclehunk angel
>>
Oh boy let's see whats in /wqdt/

>Bitching about Yuri
>Inane arguments
>More bitching about Yuri
>Wah Pokemon Quest
>Exalted quest went to shit, despite being one of the longest running quests on /tg/ with a large playerbase.
>/tg/ are whiny beta-males who always like strong females and too qt males.

Come the fuck on
>>
>>44989171
It's not solely the roleplayer's fault but the QM's fault as well. You can still portray a lesbian like a woman even if the players are writing shitty writeins.

The lesbian QM don't run lesbians because she can't write it well.
>>
>>44989171
Players don't even get to roleplay though.
>>
>>44984985
No, if I can't convince the other players about my riht by additional reasoning when I vote then that is probably not the best choice.
>>
>>44989205

>he's surprised that romance is contentious

I don't know what to tell you, anon.
>>
>>44989206
>The lesbian QM don't run lesbians because she can't write it well.
More like she doesn't want to backseat drive.
And QMs can be yurifags I hate as well.
There's a reason I no longer read anything with a lesbian protagonist.

>>44989207
>not allowing write-ins
Have fun writing your novel
>>
>>44989236
I understand that waifus and shit lead to bullshit, but inanely bitching about it fucking cancer.
>>
>>44989255
and wqdt is cancer so we're all being leukemia together.

its wonderful
>>
>>44989255

You came into the oncology ward to complain about cancer - honestly, what the fuck are you thinking?
>>
>>44989247
>There's a reason I no longer read anything with a lesbian protagonist.

What about the quests that have good writing and where romance is in the backseat?
>>
>>44989325
>What about the quests that have good writing and where romance is in the backseat?
Name one of those with a lesbian protag and i will give it a shot before deciding its shit
>>
>>44989343
>before deciding its shit
Why even mention it if you've already decided it's shit. Seems to me the problem is you and not the quest.

Shinigami Savant
>>
>>44984851
XS believes in not dying, Soma believes in alcohol, Hexer believes that theocracy a shit, JQOP is singaporean. Nothing unusual here.
>>
>>44989206
>You can still portray a lesbian like a woman
That would be quite unrealistic since they aren't even human beigns.
>>
>>44989379
>Why even mention it if you've already decided it's shit. Seems to me the problem is you and not the quest.
lol its called a joke nigga, contrast and shit
>>
File: 1449308377219.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1449308377219.png
296KB, 649x649px
>>44989435
And there it is
>>
I'm just gonna throw this out there in the open;
As a player, at the end of the day I prefer and respect the QM who is willing to pull the trigger when the players seem to be hell-bent on giving the loaded shotgun a blowjob.
>>
File: 1453596040438.jpg (458KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1453596040438.jpg
458KB, 1920x1200px
>>44989435
>aren't even human beigns.
Nice misspelling
>>
>>44989379
Well its an anime quest so even if the yuri isnt cancer the rest of it is my friend, try again and hit me with something that isn't pervaded with faggotry
>>
>>44989491

>that image

Targfag is a colossal faggot, but he makes some pretty good OC.
>>
File: 094702374.jpg (7KB, 299x169px) Image search: [Google]
094702374.jpg
7KB, 299x169px
>>44989540
And there it is
>>
>>44989564
Yes yes he does, and yes yes he is
>>
>>44989569

Anime quests belong on Anonkun or /a/, not /tg/.

Sorry, friend.
>>
Gritty, realistic, and depressing knight quest hype.
>>
File: 1441604840550s.jpg (42KB, 478x373px) Image search: [Google]
1441604840550s.jpg
42KB, 478x373px
>>44989604
>>
>>44989569
>supports lesbian anime quest
>calls me autistic
Iron Knee
>>
>>44989491
I love how House tully, the only one actually a fish, is the most awful photoshop of all.

That's not skill, that's pure creativity right there.
>>
Why is grimdank grittiness and waifus so popular on /TG/ quests?
>>
>>44989639
Because you touch yourself at night, faggot.
>>
>>44989622

I'm sorry that not everything here is wholly dedicated to indulging your obsession with Japanese cartoons.

>>44989627

Brilliance, truly.
>>
>>44989625
You judge things based on preconception, on top that your refusal to accept other opinions paints you as someone who's suffering from at least a minor case of autism.

Or your just a bitter faggot who's mad people like things that you don't.
>>
File: 1441609252849.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1441609252849.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>44989653
>your obsession with Japanese cartoons.
Imply harder

Also this is 4chan, the fucking website that started out as a weeb hangout, get over yourself.
>>
>>44989669
>refusal to accept other opinions
i also don't eat shit, no matter how well recommended it comes.

I guess having taste is autistic now.
>>
>>44989669
*you're

fuck typing
>>
>>44989713
>having taste
Sure anon, sure
>>
>>44989695

>le 4chan must remain dedicated to weebposting meme

Well, your argument is on life support.
>>
>>44989726
nice non-argument.
>>
>>44989727
>le 4chan must remain dedicated to weebposting meme

Wow, nice job putting words in my mouth. I just said remember where you are, if you hate anime so much why even be on 4chan?
>>
I love you all.
>>
>>44989749
This was never an argument, this was you trying to defend your narrow minded and quite frankly pathetic view on what constitutes "good".
>>
If you want waifus and romance in your quest, give me one reason why you shouldn't make the MC male. You being a massive faggot that gets off on dykes doing dyke things isn't a valid reason.
>>
>>44989777

Rofl, you're going to talk about putting words in someone's mouth with a statement like that?

I don't hate anime. I rather like anime. It's why I started coming here. It just doesn't belong on /tg/. This board is for other things.
>>
>>44989800
I'm not against male MC's, sometimes it's fun roleplaying a girl. Maybe the QM had a pre-determined character that was already female. I don't let that stuff ruin my enjoyment of the quest, if the writing and story are good I stick around.
>>
>>44989798
>quite frankly pathetic view on what constitutes "good

Its pathetic I don't like fanfiction anime lesbians? Alright there champ
>>
>>44989839

Clearly you are an absolute pleb with shit taste.

I'm kidding, yuri quests are hilariously bad.
>>
>>44989809
>It just doesn't belong on /tg/
Everything and anything that has or is a "traditional game" there are anime-esque and inspired traditional games. I'm not saying we should have anime threads discussing it or anything, but hating a quest because "it belongs on /a/" is a bad argument/viewpoint.

Also nothing belongs on /a/, that board is the saddest piece of shit I've ever seen
>>
>>44989899
>Also nothing belongs on /a/, that board is the saddest piece of shit I've ever seen
Legbeard please
>>
>>44989839
It's pathetic that you don't give anything a try based on your preconceptions. Yes some, and most, "Yuri" quests are bad. Some anime quests are bad. The key word is some, there is nothing truly absolute about the statement that all fanfiction quests are bad.
>>
>>44989934
>Legbeard
The fuck?
>>
>>44989899

No, 'because a few traditional games are based on anime I can shoehorn it into anything I want' is a bad argument.

/tg/ is not for anime. When you try to push anime where it doesn't belong, I'm stuck with this image of you sweatily slapping away at your keyboard while you struggle to keep your Naruto headband on. I don't want that image. Posters like you belong in /a/. If you don't want /a/ to be a sad piece of shit, then make it better. Don't come to /tg/ and spread that sickness here.
>>
Blood on the plains is running!
>>44989480
>>
>>44989939
Hey I got this great pedophile anal vore quest you should check out on akun. I swear its fucking amazing.

That is how you sound.
>>
>>44988859

Foolishness.
>>
>>44989996

>current year
>not liking pedophilic anal vore

It's like you want us to make fun of your trash-tier taste.
>>
>>44989976
It's actually fucking cold here, I've never owned Naruto stuff, and I've never posted on /a/. I got started with 4chan by looking at 1d4chan. People can have mixed interests, this is also the only board where you can run quests, pretty sure they took them off /a/.
>>
>>44990024
Hey look its this fucker.

Give us your shitt opinion on the losers trying to fuck your angel character
>>
>>44988859
Nope.

I mean, I don't disagree that short quests are sweet, but even the huge boardstoppers with 50+ threads can be good. Sometimes you want to follow something for weeks and months, rather than just a few days.
>>
>>44989996
>akun
There's the problem right there, and the fact you're putting anime/fanfiction quests on that level means that you're grasping for any fucking straw you can.
>>
>>44990072
Especially when the story doesn't wrap up in 12 threads, or when you need to develop characters.
>>
>>44989996
>>44990091

It really is kind of a shame how Akun turned out, because the mechanics of the site really are great, much better than /tg/. Unfortunately, the community makes it impossible to run any sort of quest that ISN'T smutty and said anons will get super butthurt if they have to work for their smut. Still, my Evangelion game there is going pretty well, the more impatient types who are butthurt that you haven't already gotten in the pants of everyone right away have gotten the hint and fucked right off.

Also I will say that it's gotten a LOT better in terms of people going for more vanilla /a/ and /u/ stuff rather than going full-blast /d/ like it used to be. Pedoshit is also on the decline, thankfully.
>>
>>44990091
>anime
>fanfiction
>lesbian

Three distinctly unique autistic components wrapped together. Throw in harem and loli and you get to summon Exodia!
>>
>>44988859
>>44990024
>>44990072
>>44990114
I, for one, prefer the one-shots that successfully make a good story, develop characters and bring everything together nicely for a short, and sweet end.
>>
>>44990056
>I got started with 4chan by looking at 1d4chan
Ebin

Looks like you and >>44989996 have something in common, then.
>>
>>44990131

Akun has features that can actually facilitate deep, complex mechanics in quests.

But if you don't write scenes of people fucking literally no one will read what you make.

I've seen a couple REALLY interesting ideas started by aspiring QMs on Akun, and they get shunned if they don't want to write smut.
>>
>>44990131
The only things I follow on akun and the distinct non-/d/ variety. They aren't terrible, but akun's player base is worse than every cancer here.

>>44990139
You still have supplied nothing of merit, every single stereotype can be subverted by the exception to the rule.
>>
>>44990068

People weren't fully in character yet, and there were still questions about how much control the players had over Sierra's background and personality.

Once players understood the predefined nature of the MC they were playing, it calmed down. Things like that haven't been anything more than a joke for a long time.
>>
Got an idea for a quest gimmick. It's by no means what the quest is based on but it might lead to interesting situations:

>First thread, players are given a choice of say four (basic outlines for) characters. One is picked.
>Next thread, one of the three remaining characters is picked and they are the player character that time.
>The thread after that, one of the two remaining characters is picked, and the thread after that, the last character is played automatically.
>Threads cycle through the different characters, so the main quest has a handful of main characters rather than just one.
>The same character is rarely ever the focus of two threads in a row, though there are occasional exceptions.
>The current player character can run into another player character. They might cooperate or be forced to fight.
>If a player character ever dies, players can choose from a new selection to replace them, so there'll always be four or so characters on the rotation.
>One shots occasionally focusing on a new character or an NPC encountered before
>>
>>44990203
>every single stereotype can be subverted by the exception to the rule.
>unironically defending loli and pedophilic anal vore

No you have supplied nothing of merit.
>>
I've never had any problems running non-smut or playing non-smut on Akun myself. They seem to give a lot less of a fuck about what you run and what people enjoy than the salty people in these threads.

There is definitely a large amount of smut there, but Akun's userbase is much more splintered and un-unified compared to here on /tg/ and there isn't as much chance they'd shout down something that shows up there just because it's in the niche or minority category.
>>
>>44990131
>"Pedoshit"
>likes yurishit
Fuck off back to SA, or whatever shit heap you came from.
>>
>>44990182
Like it or hate it, wikifag does good work there. I actually went there first to try and find army-list advice for Warhammer
>>
>>44990244
Yeah your opinion is politician tier go fuck yourself
>>
>>44990250
>defending loli and pedophilic anal vore
Once again, nice use of misdirection. You love putting words in my mouth.
>>
>>44990193

>But if you don't write scenes of people fucking literally no one will read what you make.

This has worked out pretty well for me, all things considered, since I can incorporate sex into the plot and even the mechanics pretty well. Plus in the case of running my eva game, it lets me fuck around with the 2DEEP4U factor

>>44990267

>Telling the anti-pedo guy to go back to a forum that had a convicted child rapist as a moderator
>>
>>44990266

Stop shilling, kas. Anyone who has ever been to your website knows fully well that it is exclusively for smut. There is zero participation for non-smut on Akun.
>>
>>44984851
What do they run, what is it about and why is it liked?
>>
>>44990250
>posts on 4chan
>gets triggered by loli
Not only are you not supplying anything of merit either, but actively supplying shit. Do you live on Convict Island or Canacuckistan?
>>
>>44990296
hey buddy you said

>every
>single
>stereotype

Don't use words if you don't know what they mean
>>
>>44990312

Like I said, it's an excellent site. And if you want to run a smut quest, it's THE place to do it.

If you want Akun's features but also don't want to write smut you are shit out of luck.
>>
>>44990341
>I call loli autistic
>you sperg because i think your child fucking fetish is stupid

No anon, you're triggered
>>
>>44990342
>Don't use words if you don't know what they mean

You supplied those examples though, to the casual observer it appears that you're the one trying to bring fetish shit into this. I'm just trying to tell you to keep an open mind about some of things you have preconceptions about. You may be surprised once in a while.
>>
>>44990365

Yeah, I feel kinda sorry for Kas, because he's tried REALLY HARD to get a legitimate audience, even running to plebbit, but the smut crowd has taken over. Also even if new updates introduce 9 good updates and one shitty one, people still focus on the shitty one and won't stop bitching.
>>
AFC Championship on one side, inane arguing/shitposting on the other.

You guys are making my afternoon.
>>
>>44990381
>trying to tell you to keep an open mind about some of things you have preconceptions about

The problem with having an open mind is people take it as permission to try and fill it with garbage

No, I'm not going to give your reverse trap (see, I read the first post) lesbian fanfiction anime quest the time of day because I'd much rather spend it calling you the autist i know you are
>>
>>44990288
Please grow the fuck up. Or get the fuck off 4chan until you're actually 18.
>>
>>44990449
The "legimate audience" doesn't care about Akun, they have SB/SV for all their autism in a safe space needs.
>>
>>44990148
Any tips on how to make a one-shot as satisfying on both ends?
>>
>>44990458

Seriously I am having the best Sunday.

The salt in this thread is absolutely devastating.
>>
>>44990484
>Please grow the fuck up. Or get the fuck off 4chan until you're actually 18.

that was the most low quality bait and you took it

>in b4 the 'pretending to be retarded' comics response
>>
>>44989639
Because 40K and 40K waifus
>>
Tell me some good quests with Magical Realm anons.

I just binged on Homunculus Civ and I crave more.
>>
>>44990460
>see, I read the first post
Great, you read one post and haven't read any further. Amazing, top tier work, I can't believe you made such a sacrifice and made such an amazing observation as
>your reverse trap
(she doesn't stay like that)

You made an opinion on one post, one, you have no idea where it goes and you feel you're able to judge it based on the first thing you read. You might need more help than I thought anon.

>calling you the autist i know you are
Now you're just projecting
>>
>>44990522
>that was the most low quality bait
And you're still the village idiot for making it.
>>
>>44990555

>>anonkun.com

Pick your poison.
>>
>>44990249
If you can manage it, it could be good.
>>
>>44990555
Read almost anything on akun
>>
>>44990503
Try to write several one-shots on your own first until you feel that you have what it takes to make it interesting and wrap it up nicely by the end.
Then figure out a good premise for a one-shot. Not all settings works for one-shots. Something simple, that can become something more than what it is given the chance.
Also read a lot of one-shots and short stories to get the hang on the flow.
>>
We've gotten really shitposty again
>>
>>44990565
>no idea where it goes and you feel you're able to judge it based on the first thing you read

Oh how many threads should I give it oh Great Wise Autist before I may decide you and it are shit?
>>
>>44990549

I'm surprised no one has tried to run a Warhammer Fantasy quest. Or, if they have, I missed it.
>>
>>44990647
>Great Wise Autist before I may decide you and it are shit

Nah I'm done, have fun wallowing in self-loathing and bias.

Also nice projection again
>>44990644
Sorry anon, I'm stopping
>>
If you all don't stop, I'll summon H_M Who Must Not Be Mentioned.
>>
>>44990713
DO IT
>>
>>44990711
>Sorry anon, I'm stopping

What? No, don't stop. I just finished making popcorn.
>>
>>44990705
There was that Orc Warlord quest, no?
>>
>>44990711
>Nah I'm done
Are you really that butthurt I'm calling you autistic? Come on man, I asked you a legit question.

Stop crying someone on the internet says mean things to you.
>>
>>44990748
I mean there's nothing left to say to him, I could keep going just to see how butflustered I make him, but unlike you I lack popcorn.
>>
>>44990713
Don't let your creams be seams
>>
>>44990756

Not in the Warhammer setting, nor are those Warhammer orcs.

Pretty good quest, though. Warlord's a solid QM.

>>44990772

KEEP GOING THEN. TEST THE LIMITS OF THE FLUSTER.
>>
>>44990771
I said my piece, you're being an ignorant twat so there's not really much I can say. I was having fun too until you decided to just make the discussion "FUCK YOU AUTIST". Which you fit more the criteria for than I do by the way.
>>
File: ultramarines+captain+titus+(2).jpg (119KB, 969x606px) Image search: [Google]
ultramarines+captain+titus+(2).jpg
119KB, 969x606px
>>44990549
Still want muh 40k: Ultramarine Quest.
>>
>>44990813
>Which you fit more the criteria for than I do by the way.

Absolute savagery. You're not just going to take an insult like that, right anon? Fire back, try to do some damage.
>>
>>44990790
>Warlord's a solid QM
Don't say that, it's true, but you'll just bring all the anti-smut guys out. There' worse than the anti-anime brigade.

I also don't have any popcorn for that shitstorm.
>>
>>44990813
>I was having fun too until you decided to just make the discussion "FUCK YOU AUTIST"

Why are you so anally ravaged? You called me autistic first. This is called banter you autistic fuckwit.
>>
>>44990746
>>44990713
>>44990777
You really don't want it. Trust me.
>>
QMs: How hard is it to not fag up your quest with your fetish?

For me, pretty darn hard lol
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (3KB, 125x108px) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
3KB, 125x108px
>>44990830
Why thank you

(I can't stop laughing, thanks anon)
>>
>>44990830
Here >>44990840

The only one who needs anal cream is you, you cockgobbling autistic niggeroid
>>
>>44990837
>I also don't have any popcorn for that shitstorm.

Seriously, what the fuck is everyone here doing with their lives? Why do none of you have popcorn? You all need to fix this, ASAP.

Also Warlord's on QM hiatus so I think the danger is minimal.

>>44990883
>niggeroid

YES. Anon took the word 'negroid' and actually took the time to make it even MORE offensive. The absolute madman. What will he think of next? How will anon respond to this lunacy?
>>
>>44990883
This still doesn't answer my question.

How long should i read about a dead dyke to determine whether or not this quest is for autistic manchildren or not?
>>
>>44990962
>How long should i read about a dead dyke to determine whether or not this quest is for autistic manchildren or not?

About as long as it takes to get your micro dick out of your anus.
>>
>>44990983
>micro dick out of your anus.
Thats a pretty big micro dick if it wraps all the way around to my anus.
>>
File: pointing2.png (115KB, 450x386px) Image search: [Google]
pointing2.png
115KB, 450x386px
THAT'S IT! You've brought this on yourselves!
>>
>>44990962
>>44990983

Spread the word, boys. We've got the boxing match of the century going on in /qtg/ right now.

The micro-dicks are flying and autism is being blasted left and right.
>>
>>44990837
>>44990922
It's not so much anti-smut as it is how people are looking down on the quest for housing a player base that represents the very fear of being cucked every beta feels.
>>
>>44991006
Who said anything about wrapping around, it's so shriveled it reversed it's out of your asshole.
>>
>>44991030
>a player base that represents the very fear of being cucked every beta feels

Could you elaborate?
>>
>>44991031
Ignore that extra It's
>>
>>44991031
>Who said anything about wrapping around, it's so shriveled it reversed it's out of your asshole.

Holy shit that is Cthulhu mythos tier crazy shenanigans.

Y'know that would make a much better quest premise than the dead dyke anime shit
>>
>>44991052
They kill off every single male that they even suspect can take their waifu slaves away from them.
>>
>>44991079

Shriveling Micropenis Quest?

Fucking fund it.

The BBEG can be shaft hair.
>>
>>44991077
>Ignore that extra It's
no problem senpai i understood what you were trying to say
>>
File: stat_sheet.png (1MB, 2980x1928px) Image search: [Google]
stat_sheet.png
1MB, 2980x1928px
>>44991011
>
>
>Hͩ̈e̵ͪ͂ͭ̓̑̚'͕̿s̜͎͔̟̻̲̹͢ ̰̮̭͓̩͛͜c͙ͭ̄͌͗̅́͗͘ó͛ͫ̌ͮ͛̉҉͎̱m͖̙̠̖̾̍̏ͫ͛̃̐͘i̠̐ͦ̉̅͐ṉ̜̮̝͕̮͉̃g͕̳̭̝̘̞͊̈ͣͧͪͬ.̟͓̈́̓̇̑̃.ͭͭ͐.̽ͧ͌ͣ̇̃!̤͎̥̠̌̈́̌̓͌
>>
>>44991090
Now I've heard that before, but you're going to have to provide examples because I've read the archives for that. (Haven't finished it yet)

>>44991079
That fact that you can say that proves that you belong on akun.
>>
>>44991114
Stop hyping yourself up you pretentious retard.

No one cares.
>>
>>44991103
>The BBEG can be shaft hair
I just insulted him for saying that could be better than anime dyke shit, but holyshit my sides

>>44991105
Good, it's not like I wanted to make it clear, baka desu senpai
>>
>>44991090

We did?

I thought we just killed off loyalists to the former chieftain.

>>44991165

Call him captain autism, I need to make more popcorn.
>>
>>44991188
I don't actually think we did, but I don't remember
>>
>>44991128
>That fact that you can say that proves that you belong on akun.
The fact that you read about anime fanfiction lesbians proves you're an autist.

>>44991166
>Good, it's not like I wanted to make it clear, baka desu senpai

Well good, because sperging over spelling is only something an autist like yourself would do
>>
File: examin3.png (465KB, 628x399px) Image search: [Google]
examin3.png
465KB, 628x399px
>>44991165
>>44991188
Pschyzomalexts: Part 1 of 4

Organization in the Hierarchy of Living

I know, this is a normal day to read about the fire. I feel free! I spiral; I usually falls in the form of a circular, at least, monother fliked speons. I came to the realization that I am an alcomation.
When I came to death, for his glory, I remember this; I will never forget what happened in the company.

Do you want to see?
... And as you can see, this is good and easy.

Select all of the elements of culture simulatory:

>God: hidden in the basement of animals in our society
>The problem: the depression, the brain of the artist dictional
>I know that many people have a picture of your friend
>movement, painting, saving money, pain, death, death, death

This is not a competition, but a book when it's hot, and that is why I hope I wrote her own success.
Die like a fairy tale, life in spite of the fact!

In the meantime, you can set the volume level of this happiness and love.

This world is very strange...

Roll 1d20 for actions; Roll 1d100 for ideas. There will a votes! Please, time; please, patients.
>>
>>44990853
Impossible. I have already had several handholdings occur during the quest. There is no hope for me.
>>
>>44991216

You can do better, anon. Double down and hit him where it hurts.

Tell him his gf gets nasty with niggers.

>>44991245

I cannot eat popcorn to this.
>>
>>44991216
>The fact that you read about anime fanfiction lesbians proves you're an autist.

There's no real correlation, but since I'm talking to someone with a lower IQ than Forrest Gump I guess I have to let you say things like that.

>Well good, because sperging over spelling is only something an autist like yourself would do

It only comes from hating typing, man fuuuuck typing
>>
>>44991260
>Tell him his gf gets nasty with niggers.
But my gf is hispanic and not fat, why would a nigger want that?
>>
>>44991304

Niggers don't want jail time, either, but they seem to get plenty of it.
>>
>>44991267
Autists actually tend to have high IQs they just can't function in society.

And your gf is a fat hispanic slut who fucks niggers behind ur back.
>>
>>44990853
Not very.

There are only certain places you can put futanari or tentaclebeasts, after all. And tentacles are only fun if they can play with people, which you can only do in smut.

I've only fagged up my quest once. The times other anons wrote smut that included my fetishes is not my fault.
>>
What is Questing and QMING. Can someone please explain for a fool like me?
>>
>>44991333

He did it.

He actually did it.

The absolute madman.

Are you just going to let that insult to your gf's honor slide, anon? Hit him back!
>>
>>44991371
It's kinda like writing a CYOA, but usually has a plot and mechanics, also typically better written.

>>44991333
I guess you're just the exception then, an actually dumb autist.

>>44991376
There go boss

(I can't stop laughing)
>>
>>44991435
cool! I liked the goosebumps that were like that. How do I get started?
>>
>>44991245
>>44991260
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Dxb4mpwf5H
>>
>>44991371
Collective storytelling, like most RPGs

QM presents situation and choices
players act, vote and bemoan
story (hopefully) advances
some dice rolls are involved
rinse, repeat
>>
>>44991435
At least I'm not a cuck with a micro penis like you are!

>also typically better written

Unless its about anime lesbians then its absolute shit
>>
>>44991463
Read this >>44991467

And there are a few great quests you can read to get started. A good example right now is Dungeon Life Quest
>>
>>44991463

Read some quests so you can see how QMs do it. The archive on suptg is your friend.

Here are a few that I like.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=homeless+mutant+quest

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=hive+queen+quest

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=orc+warlord+quest
>>
>>44991504
>I'm not a cuck with a micro penis like you are

You're right, you're an emotionally insecure twat stain with a nano penis so small every girl you've ever talked to could tell and laughed in your face like the pathetic piece of shit you are. Go eat your own precum, fucking faggot.
>>
>>44991524
>>44991509
any current ones?
>>
>>44991524
>tfw QD is still gone

man I miss Hive Queen
>>
>>44991556
The problem with current quests is that most are pretty... sequential. I mean, imagine joining in on an RPG mid-session in the middle of a campaign and you know nothing that's been going on.

Most that are running right now aren't the first thread. That makes it hard to play, because you'll need to have read the previous threads (Or a summary, but summaries are rather rare) if you want to know what's going on.
>>
>>44991556
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
>>
File: Hitler Dick Throne.jpg (24KB, 288x297px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler Dick Throne.jpg
24KB, 288x297px
>>44991553
>>
>>44991504
>>44991376
>>44991333

Our transmittee to celebrate strategic partnership and the cultural production of the spirit parser. I understand that a result of this disease from the beginning is a sign that it is an important part of the plan. It is true ... a blue sky, on Saturday, the day of unbelieved fame.
On the other hand, the world is difficult, a little at a time.

Before the massacre, as we know, that is to say, that because of the fact that this is a weapon!

>Most of the components of language, including the dance, and you'll see, they'll know the test and the best of the rest.
>No, this jewel of a show is the method of the tumor...
>What should we do after the end of the world?
>They believe that there is a force that is already written; it is not convenient.
>>
>>44991556

Two of those three are still running, although Crusty's updates have become very sporadic and Warlord is currently taking a couple weeks off to focus on school.

My favorite currently running quest is House Malroy. ASOIAF quests on this board, while often problematic, have produced some honestly hilarious content.
>>
>>44991599
Didn't Stalin already do that?
>>
>>44991574

Is it safe to say that Hive Queen Quest produced the greatest number of memes in questing history?

FOR MOTHER
>>
>>44991612
Whoa

>>44991615
The archery contest still pisses father off
>>
>>44991622
Stalin won the war though.

Hitler is responsible for a cucked Germany
>>
File: 1441702730410s.jpg (395KB, 1029x1466px) Image search: [Google]
1441702730410s.jpg
395KB, 1029x1466px
>>44991653
Exalted Quest as a few as well
>>
>>44991615
I love ASOIAF, very good!
>>
>>44989800
Because sometimes you want to just have two girls smoosh their tits together while in love.

More seriously, the taboo nature of the act could add a dynamic to the relationship and be a source if drama, but the same sort if dynamic could be replicated by a division in social class, race/species, culture, etc.

Alternatively, one might argue that there's no reason to have straight relationships unless you like penises
>>
>>44991656
That's true
>>
>>44991688

>image

Absolutely based. Anons made some great content for HQQ.
>>
File: 1422857973093.png (606KB, 1400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1422857973093.png
606KB, 1400x1200px
>>44991717
Yes yes they did
>>
>>44991615
Seems as if it went on before the archives. Says the "New" lord malroy. Anything before it?
>>
>>44991758

He's referring to the MC recently inheriting the title from his late father. Nothing before it.

Great quest, I might even prefer it to Karban, which was, I think, the original ASOIAF quest on /tg/.
>>
>>44990853
I insert my girl archetype fetishes such as muscle girls and tomboys usually in the form of enemies, but once in a while I make one of the companions something, but I try to avoid that for the sake of keeping my game mostly clean.

Except the reverse trap companion.
>>
>>44991794
I think it's better written than Karban
>>
>>44990056
Cancer pls go
>>
>>44991816

It might be. Karban Quest was the story that got me into /tg/ quests in general, though, so I have an absolutely shameless nostalgia boner for it.

Father definitely does a better job balancing the quest. Karban cruised by without any semblance of a challenge, Malroy gets bent over tables on the regular.
>>
>>44991854
I think the first quest I read was Lamia Daughter.
Good times
>>
>>44990056
>wikifag
lurk more, seriously
>>
>>44990068
A lot of it was probably because the idea of a star crossed romance between a half-demon and a half-angel appeals to /tg/'s bad YA novel tier romantic inclinations. Them being lesbians just added to the taboo
>>
>>44991879
Did I fuck up his name? Shit it's been a while
>>
>>44991854

On a slightly related note, if anyone is looking to run a quest and has the time to dedicate to it (I sure as fuck don't), please run another ASOIAF quest. They seem to almost always be fun.
>>
>>44991926
They are almost always fun, RIP Brachen
>>
File: 1448511068249.jpg (83KB, 500x743px) Image search: [Google]
1448511068249.jpg
83KB, 500x743px
>>44990139
>tfw no harem of smug lesbian loli grannies
>>
>>44991938

I had such high hopes for Brachen. Really strong start. QMing is hard, thankless work, though.
>>
>>44991969
The problem is a lot of people enjoyed it, then he said he was coming back and never bothered to explain why he stopped.
>>
File: 1325437554648.png (106KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
1325437554648.png
106KB, 480x340px
>>44991969
>QMing is hard, thankless work, though.
And sometimes, pretty gud QM's leave us.
>>
>>44991957
I can give you a smug loli granny that has a harem.
>>
>>44990853
Most of my fetishes are things that make for good narrative devices, so I'm pretty safe
>>
>>44992070
It's because most of you are ungrateful shits.
>>
>>44992070

It happens. The price of free, quality entertainment is apparently instability.

Just enjoy them while they last and make sure you make choices that reflect the character you're playing. It's all you can do.

Seriously, someone make another ASOIAF quest. Or at least do a House Generation thread for fun. We can hang out and talk Westerosi politics for a few hours before I go to work.

I had a thought the other day that I wanted to run by some anons - if you were to run a quest set in the ASOIAF-verse about a merchant, do you think Rogue Trader would be a good system to hack up and adjust to the setting?
>>
>>44992070
Whiskey wasn't that good m8. Strong start, sharp decline.
>>
>>44991103
I read that manga. He turns into a girl after his penis shrivels off and his waifu turns into a boy who fucks him with her clit that's now a dick. Then the lesbo becomes a randy bisexual futa.
>>
>>44991705
>but the same sort if dynamic could be replicated by a division in social class, race/species, culture, etc.
Well there you go. You can make the relationship taboo in much more varied and fun ways than just voyeristic muffdiving and having an audience of trannies in denial wanting to be girls.

Additionally, when the parties of the romance are different genders it's also more dynamic, compared to something where both parties are basically the same thing.
>>
>>44992152
I've considered doing a House Generation and then running an AsoIaF quest since I'm an avid book fan, but the thought of having to follow that system and its rules seems kinda off-putting. I like to use my own mechanics and mostly rely on the narrative/player's choices.

I was also considering making it be in an alternative time-line where Robert was defeated by Rhaegar upon the Trident and the young crown prince went on to dethrone his father, acquire Tywin Lannister's "loyalty" and become the new Targaryen king. Eddard would be forced to take the black since Rhaegar doesn't want to upset his bride by killing her brother. Robb would be the new Lord Paramount of the North.
>>
>>44992231
Sounds like something on akun I read for a dare
>>
>>44992223
He was a better QM than you'll ever be.
>>
>>44992105
Is it a lesbian harem? Is there an edgeloli involved somewhere?
>>
>>44992282

Yeah, the ASOIAF RPG system is a little daunting, but there's so much material in it that it actually seems to complement the quest format. Lots of decisions for players to agonize over. I wouldn't be opposed to playing with homebrewed rules in an alternate universe, though, I just need my feudal politicking fix. If you really want to run it, I'm there.

That said, if you do go with the homebrewed system, you might also want to pre-gen the House and not leave it up to anon.
>>
>>44992279
See the first point.
>>
>>44992318
I wouldn't flake and run off when the going gets tough.
>>
>>44992366
Do you have a link for it? Could give it a read and switch things around.

>>44992379
Stop kicking on a dead horse. Nobody cares.
>>
>>44992379
Pretty sure you would, shitter. He was depressed af, that much was evident from his twitter. Anyone would have a hard time committing to something thankless when they're in a bad place. Stop being a cunt.
>>
>>44990853
Pretty easy, since I'm super vanilla.

If we discount abusive relationships, and even that is okay if you don't go "IT'S TOTALLY OKAY".
>>
>>44992408

I'll upload what I have, hang on.
>>
File: ASOIAF2.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
ASOIAF2.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>44992494

I /think/ there might be another supplement out there somewhere, but I haven't read it.

Anyway, here's the base rulebook - https://www.docdroid.net/CclZqBx/asoiaf.pdf.html

Supplement is image.
>>
>>44992745
Thanks man. I'll look into it and see if it's something for me.
>>
File: 6.2.png (775KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
6.2.png
775KB, 720x960px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/24-at-a-crossroads/sapx8AG4ee26JRMpR
>>
>>44992802

Go for it. Whatever way you decide to go should you start the quest, I'll definitely try to participate. ASOIAF-verse quests tend to generate a lot of interest anyway, so I doubt you'd find yourself short on players.
>>
>>44992832
It suxxx.
>>
What happened to Sith Apprentice Quest? Would it be worth it to run a Jedi quest set in the ToR or Clone wars era?
>>
>>44992862

QM ded. I think he didn't plan for post-graduation stuff and found himself lost and unable to continue. Understandable I guess, fun while it lasted.

People like doing Jedi stuff so you'd probably have plenty of participation. As for whether or not it's worth it to run, that depends almost entirely on you and your writing. I usually at least check out most Star Wars quests I see.
>>
>>44992901
I'd really like to do a Jedi Knight quest in the old republic era, and let the players follow the QMC from the point they advance from trainee and becomes a padawan under someone to becoming a Jedi Knight and beyond.

Maybe even a more shonen-styled Jedi quest where the MC might have the dream to become the Grand Master of the Jedi Order some day?
>>
>>44992999

Count me out on the shonen-shit, that stuff is a dime a dozen around here. Not like your players probably won't want to pursue that anyway, no need to pigeonhole.
>>
>>44992999
>>44993039
All Jedi stories are shonen anyway.
>>
>>44990853
Lesbians raping straight girls into submission and playing it off as romance

All I have to do is run a yuri quest :^)
>>
>>44990853
Lesbian couple is fucked into submission by an alpha male and they start loving the D
Not much for smut quests, so eh.
>>
>>44993229
Pretty sure that's going to happen in Orc Warlord at some point in the future, so your fetish will be satisfied.
>>
NEW THREAD! >>44993596
>>
Rolled 2, 9, 10 = 21 (3d10)

Hey WQDT, I'm the guy who proposed the Xenoarchaeology Quest in the last few threads. The premise of the quest is that the MC is an exosuit operator and part of a crew of freelancers that pacifies the defense systems of derelict alien ships for salvage operations. The combat system is based on the Deniable Assets Quest combat chain system where each action in a turn is rolled for by players using a 3d10. I've posted a few weapon systems the MC might be able to use, primarily gyrojets and railguns, which I am more than willing to repost if people are curious.

Since then, I've been working on refining weapon damage and armor penetration systems. I think that drones will have two health pools, Hull, that reflects armor, and Condition that reflects the condition of internal components. This would reflect the reality that something like a railgun shot might completely strike through a drone's armor while missing vital systems. As such weapons will have both a damage statistic and armor penetration (AP) statistic. An attack will involve several stages of damage dealing. The gun will apply AP damage to the drone's Hull, which will then reduce the actual damage of the gun against the drone's Condition by however many Hull points are left.

I plan to keep this system largely under the hood, but I'd like players to know that selecting different guns and rounds will result in mechanical differences.

If anyone is interested in a demo, I'd be more than willing to provide a quick example or two.

Also working on some ammo types and various bits of secondary equipment too, if people what to see that
>>
>>44993691
Why do so many people think that hard science-fiction requires >>>/k/ amounts of guns?
>>
>>44993830
If you don't like guns, then simply don't play it. I personally enjoy doing this since its a great mental exercise, trying to figure out what works and what doesn't and how everything would work and how to represent that in a system.

And if the number of people who played DAQ and contributed weapon ideas in the threads was anything to go by, I'm not alone in this.
>>
>>44993229
Kaelun I thought you were dead
Thread posts: 374
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.