[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weekend Quest Dicsussion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 355
Thread images: 28

File: wqdt.png (14KB, 603x464px) Image search: [Google]
wqdt.png
14KB, 603x464px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/b5cN2RkK
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

> QM question
Do you wish to be the little girl?

> Player question
How much of a social reject are you?
>>
>>44388726
These questions suck. You suck.
>>
Man I really can't wait to get back to questing.

I am trying to create a quest set in our own world, and let me tell you, I am having an hard time mapping the largest cities in Europe.
>>
I'm digging some Kamen Rider style shit set in the WWI/II era, with four main characters, a russian, an american, a nazi and a japanese as the riders.

The magic will be Chtulthu and occult stuff lookalike
>>
>>44388726
>and politics
Are they as retarded and extremist about it as /tg/ in general?
>>
File: tumblr_n4fwj3UE6U1sr6sdjo1_1280.png (252KB, 549x585px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4fwj3UE6U1sr6sdjo1_1280.png
252KB, 549x585px
City Magic Quest:

Use subtle magic to supplement your non-existent allowance, pay your student loan, provide for your extravagant lifestyle, and righting wrongs (or wronging rights—depends on which pays better!)!
>>
>>44388976
I'd say you should come and see, but actually it would be better if you didn't.
>>
>>44389028
Outside of a circlejerk of a half dozen QMs and past QMs, the cabal isn't really for anyone else anyway.
>>
>>44388808
I would have thought that it would be pretty easy nowadays with google maps/streets.
>>
I am looking for some mapping tools. Right now it seens I will be doing everything on photoshop since I haven't found anything useful beside hexographer but it doesn't suit my needs. Any tips for doing maps?
>>
>>44389039
>Outside of a circlejerk of a half dozen QMs and past QMs, the cabal isn't really for anyone else anyway.
This. They're still more useful than hugbox at least.
>>
>>44389192
What KIND of map are you making? One that you constantly add on and update?

....wait, why would you need one for a quest?
>>
>>44389152
That's what I am using.
But it's difficult to give the feel of a place correctly, do you know what I mean?
>>
>>44389192
Inkarnate?
>>
File: Player's upgrade sheet.png (63KB, 3427x1712px) Image search: [Google]
Player's upgrade sheet.png
63KB, 3427x1712px
http://anonkun.com/stories/path-of-ascendance/7nHNLgc8eCLiNy8St/evolution/YbRzgN3F6Yafg3XM7
Is this the most autistic upgrade tree fuckery since Shadow Quest?
>>
>>44389244
No. But it will probably be a lot of wasted effort.
>>
I've got my twitter!

https://twitter.com/StorytellerTG
>>
>>44388726

>Player question

>I'm posting on 4chan
>>I'm posting on /tg/
>>>I'm posting in a quest threads general
>>>>During xmas

How much of a social reject am I?
>>
>>44389298
>https://twitter.com/StorytellerTG
Added to list. Any other accounts to add?
>>
>>44389342
>new IP
>within 5 minutes
Damnit Twitter vamp.
>>
>>44389211

Continental map, little to nothing territorial details beside cities and political divisions. I may want to update it to note contested or enemy control territories. As to for why could I need one for a quest, I on making a new planetary governor quest.
>>
>>44389192
http://inkarnate.com
>>
>>44389359
I can see political divisions and contested territories shifting quite frequently, so you might want to draw those separately, using a "clean" copy with paint, or just editing the layer on photoshop.

As for the map itself, as long as the cities don't really change or crop up, you should probably make this a once and done deal. Inkarnate, pencil+scanner, or go ask in the mapmaking generals.
>>
>>44389409
Does this work on mac?
>>
>>44389430
>Macfag
>Nasutard
It's like poetry.
>>
https://twitter.com/JokerQuestOP/status/680778061541867524
4chan outage tomorrow.
>>
>>44389465
wasn't my choice, it's a present from my dad.
I decided not to be an autist and graciously accept it.
>>
>>44388884

I really, really want to do a Shocker kaijin/Rider Quest, which starts in WWII and gradually moves on towards the present day. Sort of like how you begin with very crude kaijin/enhanced humans, move on to Terra Formars-style implants, then combine cybernetics and animal components for Riders.

It sounds like an idea that would make a better story than a game. I can't decide whether you'd play a test subject of Shocker, or a Nazi prototype kaijin as part of the 'Werewolf' unit.
>>
>>44388726

Guys. Guys, I have a genius idea.

How about a Quest where you're a deliberately overpowered character. We're talking Tatsuya from Mahouka, here. The players are controlling him, except the whole story is told from the perspective of the other people who interact with him. You vote on the decisions as normal, though.

Like, if the PC agrees to go on a date with a girl, it's told from the girl's perspective. If you're tearing through a group of soldiers, the perspective is from the unlucky mooks who are being atomically disintegrated by an ubermensch.
>>
>>44389597
I'd read it.
>>
>>44389597
If the players are voting on decisions as normal but the whole story is told from the perspective of others then how do the players get insight into how the MC is thinking about their decisions? Perspective switches can be fun at times but if its all the time you'll wind up with player guesswork in place of any chances at internal characterization. With the alternative being the MC is an open-book to everyone looking at them to mitigate any need of the former.
But then if you'd still have to present their choices normally it's gonna be weird going from 'You choose this,' to 'you see Ubermensch Von Hypergod punch a guy into quarks, you're next on his fuck-up list, oh no!,' and then back again.
But it would still be interesting enough to read even like that. So go for it.
>>
>>44389702

The joke is that the MC has no internal life whatsoever. He is literally a self-insert protagonist. Everything he does is perfect.
>>
>>44389597
's alright. Dunno if a QM will pick that up, though.
>>
>>44389597
That sounds difficult to make interesting for any more than a couple threads. You'd have to have tons of scenarios backing it up for where all of that can be applied.

If it's mostly gonna be things from settings that mimic the theme it'll be either comicbooky or anime as fuck. So what I'm saying is it could be cool or sucky.
>>
Who makes all these bait questions?
>>
>>44388726
>QM Question:
I was the little girl,. and what person doesn't want to relive their childhood with a fuckign clue?

>Player Question:
I'm exceedingly antisocial.
>>
>Player Question
Do you feel identified with the MC's of the Quests that you read? If yes, why?

>QM Question
Have you considered turning your quest into a tabletop campaign of your fav game? Have you also considered making your quest into a book once it finishes?
>>
>>44390104
People who make /a/ quests
>>
>>44389512
People might throw fits if you're not an ex-Shocker test subject like Ichigo.
>>
Any 40k quests?
>>
>>44390550

That's pretty hard. People expect a certain level of verisimilitude from 40K. I've had ideas for a Commissar Quest and a Guardsman trapped on a ship during a Gellar Field breach Quest, but that's all.
>>
>>44390550
There are 40k-like quests but they don't involve the 40k setting or peripherals.
>>
>>44390550
I'd make one, alas, I barely know anything about the 40k universe. I became a SW fan instead.
>>
AT-TE Commander Quest will be up in a few hours, for anyone interested.
>>
>>44388726
>Do you wish to be the little girl?
No. This isn't /a/.

>How much of a social reject are you?
I'm here, aren't I?
>>
>>44390590
Just read up on the wiki a little, make the MC a space marine or a Battle sister and throw heretics and Orks at him/her. Include gothic feelings, heavy racism against aliens, and a mixed tone of depression, hopelessness and war.

Done. Perfect 40k quest.
>>
>>44390654
<3
>>
>>44390570
Aw man, I'd love a Commissar Quest.
Indeed, with all the varying fluff of 40k, it's hard to know everything. And with the whole grimdarkness, if the objectives of a quest go too smoothly they feel less 40k
>>
>>44389597
>>44389715

Honestly that seems like it could become pretty /d/ pretty fast.
>>
>>44390685
And?
>>
>>44390685
wat
>>
>>44390550
Yes, Chapter Quest.
>>
>>44390911
We had more sessions in the last 2 weeks than in the last 6 months.

I hope it keeps up.
>>
>>44389340
Bitch, Christmas is over
>>
File: judging hat.png (26KB, 273x200px) Image search: [Google]
judging hat.png
26KB, 273x200px
>>44391241
>not knowing Christmas is a 12 day holiday
>>
File: 1445491020027.jpg (25KB, 510x430px) Image search: [Google]
1445491020027.jpg
25KB, 510x430px
>>44391387
>Not knowing yesterday was the twelfth day
>>
>>44391422
December 25th is the first day, retard. It starts with the birth of Jesus and ends in the arrival of the Three Kings, hence Epiphany/Three Kings Day and the giving of gifts on that day.
>>
>>44391450
Guess that's what I get for my parents never going to church or making me picking up a bible
>>
>>44391479
it's okay, anon. I only googled it so I wouldn't be wrong.
>>
>>44391450
>tfw you're working every day even the Sunday
kill me pls
>>
>>44391479
My parents made me do both of that and I have no idea what bullshit his spewing. Only fucking Holiday I know that's like that is the Judaism and I don't believe that matched up this year with Christmas.
>>
>>44391505
>tfw I have winter break for 2 more weeks
>>
>>44391506
I'm a Mexican Catholic. Three Kings Day is a big deal in the culture.
>>
File: deathamongthestarsquest.gif (41KB, 190x223px) Image search: [Google]
deathamongthestarsquest.gif
41KB, 190x223px
So no DASQ today, sorry folks. Headed out of town to visit friends.

Returning to normal schedule this next week and most likely will run on Tuesday
>>
>>44391531
Underage b&
>>
>>44391990
>Implying an University student can't have winter break.
Excuse me while I laugh my ass off at you, mate.
>>
>>44392004
You can enter university at 16 nowadays.
>>
Got two quest ideas that I'm swapping interest between.

- Warhammer 40k Ultramarine quest
Your orders to find and retrieve a wounded high-priority Commissar are drastically changed when you find yourself stranded upon the outer Imperial colony world your target resides on. An Ork WAAAGH! warped out nearby and the colony world is suddenly plunged into a war-zone when the Orks commence their planetary invasion.

New orders: Halt the Ork invasion with the stationed Imperial Guard regiment and hold out until Imperial Reinforcements arrive and destroy this WAAAGH! here and now before they have a chance to spread to other Imperial worlds.

Or

- Telekinesis Quest.
Whether you're a high school student or a young adult straight out of Uni, you wake up one day discovering that you can use Telekinetic powers. It presents itself as a muscle inside your brain that you can train steadily and become more powerful and versatile with time.

However, over the following days and weeks since you found this new power of yours, other people are showing signs of also having particular powers once only seen in comic books and movies. Most of them try to stay hidden just like yourself, but what happens when people with these super powers choose to use them to cause harm to others? Will you stand against them?
>>
>>44392048
And your point is? Just because I have winter break, doesn't mean I'm underage. Try harder.
>>
>>44391450
>implying that christmas wasn't just contorted to fit into saturnalia/winter solstice festivals because christianity wanted to pander to all the other religions who had their own winter festivals
>>
>>44392417

Pls play
>>
>>44392080
Quests like the 2nd one, tend to be fun. However they also thend to stop before they could reach any kind of conclusion. Unlike the 1st one which is a good story to play, with a beginning, a middle and an end.
>>
>>44392471
Yeah, I guess that's true. I have a better idea on how the first quest could end than the 2nd quest idea.
>>
>>44390235
>Do you feel identified with the MC's of the Quests that you read? If yes, why?
No. My early reading habit makes me imagine the scene and the roles, but I do not place myself in place of the MC.
>>
>>44390550
There are three active 40k quests right now afaik:

>Navigator Quest:
You are a Navigator who works for a Rogue Trader house and explores the galaxy doing strange antics and dealing with xenos. It's a pretty recent quest.

>Novice Heretek Quest
You are a techpriest in the search of revenge who goes AWOL to become stronger. It has been running for about a year already.

>Ork Quest
You iz Zognik da Githod, da strongest and fastah-est ork warboss 'round. You be krumpin the humies and pimpin' yer boar ride
>>
I feel like after a long period of quests getting shittier, we have finally hit and moved past the absolute bottom and that quest quality is improving again.
>>
>>44390550

I am planning on running a new planetary governor quest. I just need to determine a currency/resources system to set the values for troops, structures and upgrades I have ready.
>>
>>44392931
that sounds interesting but what type of planetary governor? Because that would impact the type of currency/resources
>>
How would you go about writing a reverse harem quest?
>>
>>44393003
You don't.
>>
>>44393003
What IS a reverse harem quest?
>>
>>44393060
You need to somehow get rid of all these girls that are all attracted to you

or

You are one of the girls.
>>
>>44393003
First, go to another place. Then write.
>>
>>44393060
The MC (who is a girl) has lots of boys or men who want to woo her.
>>
>>44393060
The protagonist is female and all of the love interests are males.
>>
>>44393003
Devilish playboys with a swimmer's physique, tortured youths with a dark past, passionate yet withdrawn beefcakes who deal with being a nonhuman in a human world.

And no matter which one you choose, they're all bad news for you.
>>
>>44393060
Girl with a bunch of guys instead of a guy with a bunch of girls.
>>
>>44393090
So literally the high school cheerleading squad?
>>
>>44393105
>passionate yet withdrawn beefcakes who deal with being a nonhuman in a human world
/fit/ pls go
>>
>>44393003
I like to believe that the only reason we haven't had a successful reverse harem quest is that no one has ever tried. /tg/ is definitely one of the boards more inclined towards sexy men.
>>
>>44393144
I didn't say he was a manlet
>>
>>44393167
God, I want to do it now.

What kind of setting though? Fantasy, Idols, Magical Girls, science-fiction, down-to-earth drama?
>>
>>44393202
Yes. All of those. All of 'em.
>>
Throwing around quest ideas.
What do you all think about a quest where you play as the Operations Director of a minor mecha defence operation, with focus on character interaction, INVESTIGATIONS, and advising in combat?
The setting could be best described as a mixture between Evangelion and Pacific Rim: "aliens" attacking from the oceans, many mecha around the world (rather than three centred around Japan), and the combat would be run with a modified AdEva ruleset designed to keep as much crunch/timelag out as possible.
>>
>>44393202
Magical girl idols in a sci-fi setting.

Maximum schlock.
>>
Question for both QMs and players:
Is there a point at which a setting becomes too complicated or asks to much of the audience? I have a pretty limitless tolerance for piling on additional concepts, but I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on running a quest that is simultaneously:
- in a near-future setting with a bunch of speculative technological advancement
- filled with paranormal or straight-up magical characters, like an x-men's worth of powered individuals
- prominently features a mutable dream world where time flows differently
- is a sequel to another quest, so while the plot would be newcomer friendly it would probably contain a bunch of potentially alienating references and baggage

I'm feeling really creative and confident about being able to make a cool pulpy adventure story out of it, but I'm concerned that it's asking too much of an audience to inhabit so many genre conventions simultaneously. Is there a point at which something becomes too out-there or is a quest thread something where it's acceptable to go as bonkers as possible?
>>
>>44393202
A scifi idol who is the poster child for some political movement or another and now she's stuck in a spaceship full of eligible males.
>>
>>44393202

Security guard/security chief for an idol studio.
>>
>>44393440
>focus on character interactions
Yes!
>ruleset designed to keep as much crunch out as possible
YES!
>fightan robots
Sounds like your head's in the right place Anon, I'd play it
>>
>>44392996

OK here is the set-up, the planet you have been appointed as governor has been cut off from the Imperium along with the rest of the cluster by close to a millennia due to warpstorms. Imperial authority and institutions are an almost forgotten memory and their few remnants have long gone native. Soon after the warpstorms die down the Imperium begins to reestablish its authority. The planet was originally brought back into the Imperium with relative ease by appointing a native as governor. But soon it descended into civil war by the abuses and megalomania of the new governor and in quick succession into rebellion against the Imperium by that very same.
Soon after the previous governor was assassinated and his forces were put down, you are appointed as the new the planetary governor with the task to clean up the mess left behind by your predecessor.
>>
>>44393527
What's it a sequel to?

Don't tell me it's Psion Quest.
>>
>>44393880
So what, you're some gun slinging girl tasked with defending all the idols while simultaneously trying to satisfy your lust for cocks?
>>
>>44393527
You can only be too complicated at the start. It's not about how much stuff the setting has, but how effective you are at telling the players in a timely manner.

The best way to do this, in my opinion at least, is to put them in a situation where the setting is revealed in small pieces and the things they don't know yet are of no consequence to them. let them explore the setting and learn about it and essentially fit something akin to a tutorial in the first thread or two to teach the players the basics of the setting that you think their character would know about already.

As to being in the same setting as another quest, that depends entirely on how good that quest was, and if you are the original QM or not.
>>
>>44394034
It's not Psion Quest.
It's Bloodquest
>>44394171
I'm thinking of doing a sort of progressive reveal of setting details. I'm getting tired of amnesiac protagonists, so I was thinking of having the quest begin in the dream world, so the character could have knowledge of wonky waking world stuff that isn't immediately relevant and doesn't necessarily have to be immediately disclosed.
>>
>>44389597
I had something similar to this, using a psychic illusionist as the MC. The narration would be split between 4 characters:

An investigator who is tracking the MC (telling the story and prompting decisions through deducing what the MC was doing).

A friend of the MC who is normal.

A friend of the MC who is psychic. (Like aboce, but they get insight into the MC's thoughts and feelings)

And an unrelated character who gets the occasional glimpse of the future. (Usually only narrates when the MC does something big)

Overall plot would be about psychics being hunted down, and narration would differ between characters (grittier for the investigator, more light hearted for the oracle)
>>
>>44394391
This a very cool idea
>>
Planning to make a one-shot quest about being a monster/supernatural being that trap people.
It is also to test the water.

question is: Is it alright to go dark theme like domestic violence or sexual assault?

either way, ill ask the player before i start
>>
So why aren't you loses reading the literally ONLY good quest on /tg/, Valen Quest?
>>
>>44394528
>reading quests
>>
>>44394527
>question is: Is it alright to go dark theme like domestic violence or sexual assault?
It is when handled delicately. Take care to attach trigger warnings to the top of that post, though. And hide the problematic content between spoilers, just to be sure.
>>
>>44394160
>girl

Ok
>>
PBQ.
>>
>>44394559
Read the reply chain, fool. It was a discussion about a potential reverse harem quest
>>
>>44394574
Princess Butler Quest.
>>
>>44394528
Sell me on it anon.
>>
>>44394574
Panty Battles Quest?

It's alright I guess
>>
>>44394574
Pterodactyl Battle Quest.
>>
>>44394574
Pokemon Bonding Quest?
>>
>>44394574
Pankration Boxer Quest?
>>
>>44394558
>trigger warnings
>spoilering "triggering content"
I literally can't tell if you're joking
>>
>>44394612

So zoolander the quest? FUND IT
>>
>>44394527
Yes, it's alright, if you handle it well. If you just throw it in just for drama's sake, then it's shit, not because of the content, but how you are using the content.

>>44394558
lolwut?
>>
>>44393202
Fantasy magical idols IN SPESS with drama.

So basically AKB0048.
>>
>>44394796
Zoolander IN SPACE
>>
File: 3.1.jpg (135KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
3.1.jpg
135KB, 900x900px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/22-battle-of-battles-endgame/kenhnw6evTSbF22Jr
>>
>>44394922
Does it have reverse harems fulla monsterboys?
>>
>>44395033
No.
>>
>>44395107
Then why should I care about your shitty Slavic fetish quest?
>>
For those who are waiting for AT-TE Commander Quest, I am sorry to say that I just woke up from an unintentional nap and confirmed that I have a 100 degree fever.

So to not blog on for too much: Depending on how I feel in the next hour or so, I may consider running the quest, as I have the proper pills to deal with it. If my condition does not improve, I'll make it up to you all by running all afternoon tomorrow.

Deal?

Now I'm going to go chug orange juice. If anyone has any questions for me, I'll keep this tab open and respond the best I can.
>>
>>44395196
RIP. Ironically your MC soldier survived longer than you.
>>
>>44395356
>Assuming I'm dead yet.

Though if that were the case, it would undeniably be ironic.
>>
>>44395163
Oh, you are free to do whatever you wish, anon.
It's not a fetish quest though.
>>
>>44394621
I'm not that guy, I'm the guy who talked it up a bunch last thread, but basically Irue Valen, the MC, has been lied to and kept ignorant of the skills necessary for her position as heir to the House Valen by her regents, her aunt and uncle, as part of a ploy to take the leadership of the House by marrying Irue off. Irue, being an intelligent young future leader of House Valen and not an idiot, has come up with a way to keep her position by taking an old Testament to her ability...and it turns out that the old Testament requires her to raise a slave to be loyal to her or something. Irue, being lied to and ignorant about the world, never actually confirmed the details of the Testament, like an idiot. So now, in order to not look totally unworthy of the leadership of the house by being slave-raising scum, she has to do it successfully...with three slaves at once.

This is what we the players, and Irue, believe during the first few threads of the quest. Since then, the players have failed to piece together a number of pieces of vital information. We've also stumbled our way into a few right answers, so Irue is not totally screwed...just mostly screwed. In general, the quest runs on a combination of our and Irue's competence or lack thereof, and is the most difficult read-between-the-lines quest running bar none.

I'll shut up now. Last thread I got told to clam up about it by being too passionate for the quest and for Riz-senpai's long hard mystery dick raping my brainmeats into submission
>>
File: Reinhard_8.jpg (132KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
Reinhard_8.jpg
132KB, 639x479px
So I just got banned from SV because my LoGH x Madoka crossover quest was considered "hateful"!

It had no explicit content and it didn't even push a /pol/ agenda, yet the mods banned it!

I moved the quest to QQ https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/legend-of-galactic-madoka-pmmm-logh.2732/

How the hell can a simple LoGH x Madoka quest be hateful?

I can run a separate edition on /tg/ if anybody wants.
>>
>>44395657

Here's the quest I got banned for.

https://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/legend-of-the-illuminatist-madoka-the-revolutionary-human-incubator-war-quest-pmmm-logh.22145/
>>
>>44395582
>her
Instant turnoff. No thanks.
>>
>>44395559
>monstergirl quest
>not a fetish quest
Kek
>>
>>44395657
I wish they'd ban you here, too.
>>
>>44395582
Sounds like complete and utter shit, senpai. And it does nothing that Wolf Quest and Joker Quest didn't do better
>>
>>44395196
Get better, friend.
>>
>>44395697
Why don't you go see for yourself. You might be surprised :^)
>>
>>44395657
Sounds like a good excuse to get you to fuck off, I can't blame them at all.
>>
>>44395582
So the selling points are:
>some medieval political shit or something
>players fucked up
>slaves I guess
Not really feeling it, senpai.
>>
>>44395758
I guess you fuck slaves and anon gets their rocks off on it.
>>
File: 1436238943509.jpg (48KB, 393x374px) Image search: [Google]
1436238943509.jpg
48KB, 393x374px
>>44395676
>That anon that publicly announces on every single quest pitch or advertisement that mentions they are playing a female MC that they are not interested because it's a female MC.

What's the point?
>>
>>44395787
>fucking a slave
Eh. It's like fucking one of those onaholes or whatever. Where's the challenge?
>>
File: Imperial Ambition.jpg (55KB, 835x385px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Ambition.jpg
55KB, 835x385px
Ayyyee everybody, Imperial Ambitions part 4 is up

>>44395851

Currently being manhandled in Vader's Tomb, come out and have some house-made lollipops and cheap hookers!
>>
>>44395875
Go play Teaching Feeling and get rid of your shit taste.
>>
File: 1447191078244.png (454KB, 538x499px) Image search: [Google]
1447191078244.png
454KB, 538x499px
>>44395892
Except fucking scartits isn't the challenge in that thing, it's teaching her to love again.

And even that's less challenging than rehabilitating an abused dog, since all you gotta do is pat her head a few times
>>
>>44395932
Yes, and?
>>
>>44395582
I'm having trouble understanding the appeal from this description. You're telling me that... the playerbase is stupid and the story is subtle? I mean points for the latter but subtlety is kind of a hard thing to appreciate when you're not actively there for it.
>>
>>44395676
>>44395722
>>44395758
;_;

Misc. details like that really don't define the quest at alllll. I focused on a short plot summary and simplified a lot, and really probably picked all the wrong stuff to talk about I guess, but it really isn't mentioned that the Testaments are slaves at all, political stuff has been very little despite the beginning scenes of the quest, and I left out a lot of setting details in the interest of giving no spoilers. Like all the supernatural stuff, because Irue doesn't know much about it beyond the religion.

Sorry Riz, for misrepresenting your quest. ;_;

>>44395787
And this is definitely wrong. There's been no romance-like things at all, with anyone. Irue's way too busy trying to resolve mysteries for that shit.
>>
>>44395968
Yeah this is the same for me. I appreciate that it's complex, but it's super hard to get into this without reading into ALL of the previous threads, and since the vast majority of new players won't do that, the MC will just keep fucking up because the voting power goes to the people who don't know how it works.
>>
>>44395657

No reason given in your thread either. Just bam, banned. You have nothing to lose. Post the full PM.
>>
>>44395859
Crippling fear of mind control?
>>
>>44396007
One should hope all new players read all previous threads of any given quest.
>>
>>44396057
That's just dumb to think anyone would go through the chore of reading potentially hundreds of backlogged posts. I'd expect them to maybe read that intro thread and a few of the more recent ones at best
>>
>>44396096
Fucking garbage opinion
>>
>>44392080

I like the idea of Telekinesis Quest the best, personally.
>>
>>44396102
Senpai breathe and calm your autism for a second
>>
>>44395968
Alright, really, like I said in >>44395993 I guess I picked all the wrong stuff to focus on. In addition to the subtleties of Riz's information flow, there's a very original supernatural element to the setting and a lot of unresolved mysteries about Irue and the world in general. Everything bad that happens to Irue has very clear lines of consequence, there's a lot moving in the background, and it definitely feels like Irue isn't the only "player" on the board. Really, her/the player's struggles to not just be a piece in other's vaguely-known plans are a big part of it.

>>44396007
Yeah, it's a bit hard to get into a quest like this 30 threads in. I joined up just prior to one of Irue's rare moments of success, so I might have a tilted perspective on the rest of the threads. There are maybe four regular voters, and I dunno if this advertisement was good or bad. ;_;
>>
>>44396024
Nah man, right now I'm working with an on forum Advocate to get the ban overturned.

Once the appeal fails or succeeds, I'll show you all how fucked up it is.
>>
>>44396106
Personally I'm thinking of starting a Jessica Jones-esque quest with a more weak version of Killgrave as the PC.

Have it where he can control maybe one or two people at a time, let the players have free reign on determine if it has selfish uses or not, introduce an antagonist attempting to kill off/capture people like him, etc.
>>
>>44396096
Come on man, you don't read books by opening it from the middle.

I know quests aren't literature but at the very least, people should be able to ctrl+f for the QM's trip.
>>
What's a good length for a quest session? What's a good day to run that isn't overloaded with concurrent quests?
>>
>>44396096
Maybe you and I just have different philosophies for reading a quest, and yours might work for a quest that operates mostly on the surface, but if you join up next Valen thread and haven't read everything, you'll be missing a lot of information every other reader has.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6p0W4ZsLXw
British Movie quest when?
>>
>>44396202
My point was that most non-dedicated players have that philosophy, not myself. My point is it's hard to enjoy a quest you know will have 4-5 dedicated players and then 10-20 voters that pop in for a thread or two and vote on impulse
>>
>>44396192
5 hours if you're getting lots of votes and don't have to wait. 8+ hours and continuing on next day otherwise. Weekday American nights are best since you have bored people and the board isn't filled with other shit,
>>
>>44395881
Well atleast this is the first starwars quest I've seen go past 2 threads, good on you.
>>
>>44396182
That would quickly spiral into a rape quest.
>>
>>44396222
Oh, sorry to put words in your mouth. Seemed phrased to include yourself.

Anyway, there's only the dedicated players. We don't even get drive-by votes at this point.
>>
>>44396234
Eh, I'm sure I could take precautions against that. I doubt it would quickly lead to that, almost guaranteed it would happen once or twice, but not a central theme
>>
>>44396249
Then you don't know fa/tg/uys as well as you you'd like to think.

Still, I implore you to run it so I can see the chaos for myself.
>>
>>44396264
I'll definitely run it once I find a way to actually balance a mind control power, probably gonna make it more of a fantasy based background rather than the "MOOOOTANT!!!!!" archetype in marvel
>>
What's the quest session you're most looking forward to?
>>
>>44396297
Well, Valen. Every thread.

After that Hive Queen, whenever that starts back up.

Then Lizard.
>>
I'm afraid I won't be able to run AZURE quest tomorrow. We're just beginning our holiday celebrations then. The week after should be good, though.

A pity, because I'm pretty excited about how things are turning out now that the players know about the Old Powers. I can finally get to the plot.
>>
File: HiveQueenQuest.jpg (53KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
HiveQueenQuest.jpg
53KB, 400x266px
>>44396297
>>
>>44396283
Don't balance mind control, balance around mind control. Give all the enemies powers that're equally bullshit, and create complex and dangerous scenarios that'll need straight abuse of mind control to resolve.
>>
>>44390235

I've given serious thought to turning my Quest setting into a game or book.

If I made it into a book, I'd probably publish it as an e-book and set a "pay what you want" scheme for it, with the condition that you pass it on if you like it.

I don't run tabletop anymore. I'd say coordinating players is like herding cats but even cats will show up if you put food out. I'd be happier making something that someone else could play tabletop and making it availible online.
>>
>>44396347
Hmph, fair. Currently I'm QM'ing the Imperial Ambitions Quest but I'll see about running that soon.
>>
>>44395993
>everything I just tried to sell you on?
>lol jk that's not what the quest is really about!
No matter how good the quest might be, it's not worth having to deal with players like you.
>>
>>44396457
I am glad you are decisive enough to make such hard decisions on so little information. That will take you far. You are so much better than I am, based on one poorly thought-out post and a recantation of that post. Ravish my dignity, senpai.
>>
>>44391974
I really wish you would let us know on twitter more often about these sorts of things.
>>
File: 1441593522538.png (7KB, 512x160px) Image search: [Google]
1441593522538.png
7KB, 512x160px
>>44396297
HQQ, hands down.
>>
>>44396297
AToW
>>
>>44396347
You know what, fuck it, I'm going to go ahead and write this quest. Have a setting that it fits perfectly in to.

Killgrave quest is a go Killgrave quest is a go
>>
>>44396508
Not that other anon, but that is the perfect way to get all the wrong attention for your quest.
>>
>>44395196
Chug vodka instead, it's better for questing.

Pick Finlandia, it's good and cheap.
>>
Alright cunt QMs time for a moment of truth

How many of you actually read other quests regularly

I don't
>>
>>44397410
I don't run or play. I am only here to shitpost.
>>
>>44397410

I really try. I used to follow a few very closely but the number has dwindled. I still participate in a few but civ quests were the most attractive (they were able to compensate for the mediocre writing of the average QM).

Now... very few Quests align with my interests. The ones that do aren't popular. I feel like I have little to nothing in common with the tastes of /tg/...
>>
>>44397410

I followed a few different threads, but never anything that crossed over or was in the same genre as mine.
>>
>>44397410
I don't follow other quests. Not because they're bad, they just don't hold my interest. There were a few ages ago but they all stopped running.

I'm still willing to give new quests a shot, though.
>>
>>44397410
I follow a few other quests regularly. One of which has the unfortunate habit of running in tandem with mine, which leads me to having to catch up on back-logs, or catch up during voting periods.

I used to follow more, but a lot of them seemed to have stopped running lately. I should probably give a cursory glance through the more recently started quests and see which ones are interesting to pick up.

Frankly I read the quests more for the literature and ideas than I do actually playing them.
>>
>>44396832
Yeah I am basically the poster child for a rabid fan. I might be the wrong attention, honestly. ;_;
>>
>>44397685
You really are
>emoticons
You REALLY are
>>
>Watching new QMs make terrible mistakes
As bad as not-qtg is, people should really stop by here first if only for long enough not to fuck themselves over in the first thread.
>>
>>44397772
no good comes from here.
>>
>>44397772

Eh, I did and still made mistakes. Hell, some of the stuff /wqdt/ warned rabidly against worked out fine.

Other pieces of advice were useful of course but using the resources provided in /wqdt/ should be done with the constant knowledge that your results may vary.
>>
>>44397821
like 3/4ths of the "big mistakes" QTG raves against do nothing.
>>
What's Hexer been doing? I mean, obviously not ATOW sessions...
>>
>>44396297
BQ because I love shitposting there
>>
I sometimes like having that one guy that chucks a fit every time things don't go the way he wants.

Promotes discussion.
>>
>>44394922
Alice and her sister a best
>>
>>44398080
Shitposting in Spooky.
>>
>>44397410
I follow a few, but sometimes I have trouble keeping up with them. Not a lot of quests running right now that interest me though, not to say they're bad or anything, they just don't appeal to my interests.

My big problem is that as a QM, I sometimes get urges to run quests that I personally think would be fun to be a player in. That's not a problem in and of itself though, the problem is that my hands are full with the quests I'm running right now, and so I have to resist the urge to run a bunch of new quests because I just don't have the time and energy to run all of them.
>>
>>44397410
I used to read basically whatever quest was running, I didn't particularly care about the contents. Then once I started running my own quest I started getting picky, because suddenly I didn't have a lot of time to read crap. These days I can't really be bothered to read, although I try. I'm slowly catching up on the new Aspiring Emperor and a few others.
>>
Post your quest ideas, see if a QM is interested in picking it up.
>>
>>44397410
I'm not a QM at all, but I haven't read a quest in a really long time.

All the quests I've liked for a while have been dropped suddenly with no replacements on the horizon.
>>
>>44398575
Your favorite quests are shit
>>
>>44398600
yeah? Well you're kind of a jerk sometimes!
>>
>>44395516
pls play
>>
>>44398716
>chargen
pass
>>
>>44397410
I used to run and then life got in the way. I bitched out and deleted my twitter too.

There haven't been many decent quests with a female protagonist and some yuri lately either.
>>
>>44398567
A stand quest where you play as an intelligent stand instead of a user.
>>
>>44398823
Is there a single quest with a hetero female protagonist?
>>
>>44398831
There have been plenty running concurrently last year.
>>
>>44398837
Can you name them?
>>
>>44398861
Scorpion girl(she ended up with a shota)
Hellborn
Bloodline protector

There was a whole list where it had a bunch of them some time ago, but I don't feel like digging up especially since the old archive is dead.

Also "there are no straight female protags" is a meme.
>>
>>44398823
Whiskey?
>>
>>44398898
Nope
>>
>>44398823
Lesbians are boring
>>
>>44398823
Aethertouched?
>>
>>44398913
Well, regardless, I hope you get the bug to write something again.
>>
>>44398891
It became a meme because it's rare.
>>
>>44398567
A bestiality quest with lots of live sessions.
>>
>>44398943
It's not rare.
It's actually about the same rarity as yuri if not, less rare because misguided QMs run in thinking there are no quests because of the constant perpetuation that people only vote for yuri when it is not true and the outcome is usually 50/50 depending on if the quest has people vote for it.

>>44398942
I might do something short to fill the void.
>>
>>44397410
Not regularly, no.

>>44398935
No more so than anyone else.
>>
>>44398969
>I might do something short to fill the void.
Reboot an old quest with a manlet protag instead.
>>
>>44399029
>Reboot an old quest with a manlet protag instead.
The new Aspiring Emperor?
>>
>>44399022
Nah, they're disproportionately boring and shitty.

Some are good, tho.
>>
>>44399095
>most are bad
>some are good
Sturgeon's Law in action.
>>
>>44399113
And I'm saying it goes beyond even Sturgeon's Law
>>
>>44399178
Sturgeon's law is entirely opinions. Like yours.

Anyway by the time I run it you won't remember this conversation, so who cares.
>>
>>44398831
Bloodquest had a hetero female protagonist
>>
Has anyone ever made a composite primer of "what went wrong" for all the quests that have failed or petered out?
>>
>>44398567
A pathfinder quest where you play as an outsider trying to get to the material plane for good or I'll.
>>
>>44399308
>implying this wouldn't result in more shitposting
I know my quest was a perfect disaster of QM burnout, shitposting, and bad decisions on all sides.
Haven't run since.
>>
>>44399308
there was quest bingo, but that picture is only part of it
>>
File: quest bingo.png (165KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
quest bingo.png
165KB, 600x675px
>>44399390
This one?
>>
>>44399390
That's exactly what I was remembering when I asked that.
That quest bingo helped me out a lot more than the advice in the paste. Visually appealing too.
An expanded version of that would be useful I think.
>>
>>44398567
A universe that is not quite Star Wars, except the Empire is the good side (really) and the Jedi were ruthless sorcerer-lords overthrown by one of their own.
You are a child of his, hidden away and now found by the Empire before the Rebels, to be trained by a good Jedi into becoming a servant of justice and by proxy a symbol of the Empire.
I'd run it myself if I had the drive to.
>>
File: quest shitposting.png (53KB, 798x688px) Image search: [Google]
quest shitposting.png
53KB, 798x688px
>>44399442
>>
>>44399482
>k takes over the thread

Quests are pure autism, what's the issue with more autism coming in?
>>
>>44399505
>>>/k/
>>
>>44399505
>quests take over the board
/tg/ is pure autism, what's the issue with more autism coming in?
>>
>>44399505
I want them to pick from the guns that I balanced for them, I don't want them to spend the next four hours of runtime tweaking it to perfection, that's what the upgrade tree is for. God damn it players stop being productive inventive invested. That's terrible.
>>
>>44399505
Some lines aren't meant to be crossed.
>>
>>44399465
>An expanded version of that would be useful I think.
Quest bingo is more about the first thread and common rookie mistakes.

Maybe if known QMs with bad experiences can chime in, a bingo made for Plots or advanced QMing can be made.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 400x618px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 400x618px
>>44398567
>Eastern Exorcist Quest - You are an exorcist in feudal Japan. You used to be a monk, but abandoned that lifestyle long ago. You are now a wandering exorcist, fighting spirits and monsters from Japanese folklore in exchange for money. Sometimes this requires you to find a way to appease the spirit so that it can move on, and other times you have to beat the tar out of it and cast it back down to hell where it belongs.
>Besides knowing a few charms to deal with these creatures, you are also a talented fighter and have experience fighting things that go bump in the night.
>Quest would range from serious to comedic. Sometimes you'll be hired to kill an oni, and sometimes you'll be hired to fight a giant foot spirit that busts into people's homes and demands to be washed (yes that's a real thing. Pic related).

I'd love to run this, but I'm busy enough with the quests I'm already running.
>>
File: 34567436798786756.jpg (1MB, 743x1150px) Image search: [Google]
34567436798786756.jpg
1MB, 743x1150px
How well received are Alternative History Quests? Could a quest involving WWII and Nazi Germany work without things going into edgy territory?

My idea involves a Swedish woman and her sister, both Valkyries, who are imprisoned as children by the Allies post WWI. The Swedish Empire continued to exist to the present time, but sided with Germany and suffered a similar fate in its defeat, though to a less extreme state. During the interwar period she and her sister are whisked away by a Swedish/German team of nationalists and scientists, intent on restoring both their empires with backing from the old Swedish King and the rising Nazi Party.

From there it would follow the general path of WWII, tinged with the changed politics of Nazi Germany and Sweden, as well as mythological elements with Paganism and Christianity intertwined. The MC can go either the way of a saint, inspiring troops, or a demon, infamous and feared. As well as dividing her allegiance between Sweden and Germany, and the political shark tank that is the Nazi Party.

Thoughts?
>>
>>44399505
I'd like to be able to run a quest with firearms in it without getting sperged at.
>>
>>44399637
I'll start.
>Listening to stupid-ass decisions.
I did the wrong thing and softened the effect because I heard enough pandering for it.
>Running at a late-ass time.
Just don't do it.
>Dragging along the plot
My biggest mistake, behind
>No clear genre or tone
Don't try to mix things until you really know what the fuck you're doing. I figure quests focusing around a specific aspect should implement that in at least 60% of the posts.
For example, action should focus on gunplay and chases, slice-of-life should focus on fluffy stuff, things like that.
Otherwise, you'll please neither the wanna be the little girlers or the murderhobos and cause a trainwreck.
>Using a statistics or combat system on the fly rather than by design
Fucking shoot me now. I wish I had just used a straight roll for everything.
>Run more than 5 hours without a break
Compounds every other problem in the list. Just stop when you need to stop.
>>
>>44399761
Does he use a portable black hole to fight the monsters?
>>
>>44399793
I'll let you know how it works out for me. Although in the setting firearms are in a state prior to common rifling and not incredibly varied by modern standards. Which I hope will mitigate most of the nonsense.
>>
>>44399780
An important element to address would be how the Winter War or whatever its equivalent would be played out, as well as the rest of the war.

For example, how the Siege of Leningrad went and if the Lapland War or an equivalent took place.

Basically what I'm saying is that every difference has to be very clear or else nerds on the internet will start asking questions.
>>
>>44398567
Wraith: the Oblivion Quest
or
Changeling: the Dreaming Quest
>>
>>44399888
> Changeling: the Dreaming

Why would you do this to innocent people?
>>
>>44399853
My plan is to take things at a reasonable pace, explaining things naturally as they occur or in passing, rather than vomiting exposition all at once. It works as both a way to keep interest for unanswered questions, and gives me the ability to work more loosely until the actual facts come about.

That's my excuse, at least.
>>
>>44399909
What's wrong with a game about manic-depression and becoming jaded with life?
>>
>>44399637
>>44399822
Y'know, alright. I'll pitch in a bit.

>Choices
The paste says to make choices matter. Don't make nearly all decisions incredibly consequential in long-term effects as you'll write yourself into a corner or alienate players who made a decision 30 some odd threads ago that they completely forgot to the point where they wont feel its relevant any longer.
It creates the wrong sort of paranoia that in my case at least prevented players from doing much at all for fear of an unknown future.

>Scheduling
If you run regularly twice a week for a while and then switch to twice a month or once a month then guess what you'll have less players. Don't blame them for it, and don't even attempt to become disappointed with that because fuck you you're the QM it's your schedule get control of it.

>Not the Main Characters
What I lacked most. Sure, they were there, they had their quirks and small moments of characterization, but they weren't alive in the sense that they were aiming at and doing their own things with their own goals.
Companions/Allies to the MC should be protagonists of their own goals. In my case I had the other people agree with the MC too much for my own convenience when in character they really wouldn't. So at the point when they absolutely wouldn't the players felt they got mixed messages because hey, guess what, I mixed the messages to try to avoid potential arguments.

>Shitstorms
Let them happen. Do not try to prevent them for all the good reasons you can come up to prevent whatever big argument the day brings. It's fine to ask players to cool it down a little and give free clarifications from other characters or yourself when players argue about a concept you thought you explained but didn't really get absorbed. Those are good things to do. But don't compromise the quest itself with "deals" and other things when you have mechanics in place to account for failure. Sometimes it's okay to let the players get burned for frenchkissing fire.
>>
>>44399822
>running late
Dammit.
>no clear genre
Dammit.
>Run more than 5 hours without a break
Dammit.

>>44400044
At least I didn't fail this list.
>>
>>44399822
>>Running at a late-ass time.
What timezone? PST?
>>
>>44400150
Right, let me actually answer your question, I had a bit of a miss there.
I'm not sure it matters, but I'm Central time and I ran late. I think the most people I had in a thread was 50.
>>
>>44400243
>the most people I had in a thread was 50
???

I'm just going to go feel inadequate somewhere else for a while.
>>
>>44400243
>I think the most people I had in a thread was 50.
That's a lot to be honest, family
>>
>>44400271
>>44400287
It was a one-time deal, and I used that number because some of the big-leaguers can get crazy corner numbers.
The average was 7.
>>
>>44400331
>I used the highest number I remember because big leaguers can get huge turnouts.
Fuck, tonight is not my night.
>>
>>44400243
I run midday-afternoons AEST.

My all time largest number of IPs was about seventy, and I average about twenty once the thread starts rolling. Not sure how many are lurkers or posters or whatever.
>>
>>44400243
>>44400271
>>44400287
>>44400331
Having a large number of players can both be a blessing and a bane.

You'll feel more appreciated, but the chances of shitposting and pointless arguments are sky high.

And if you have like 30+ players for 5 threads and then the playerbase drops to 10 players, it WILL take a blow on your pride. And the silence is that much greater if you know you usually have 30+ players and no one says anything or discusses anything.
>>
File: 1405667635014.png (172KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1405667635014.png
172KB, 720x720px
>>44400331
>The average was 7.
>>
>>44400376
And also one person can be anywhere between 2 and 4 unique IPs.
>>
>>44400424
This is very true.
>>
>>44400424
That's not something that's said lightly. It's better for a QM's sanity to just let them believe that every unique IP is another poster/lurker who spoke up.
>>
>>44400376
This.

I missed one week about a year ago in a quest I'm running and my playerbase flatlined to about a dozen players.

To this day I don't know if it was because of quest content or because my quest was only popular because it was the hot thing running at the time.
>>
>>44400424
I also samefag frequently
>>
File: Let's Keep Going.jpg (111KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
Let's Keep Going.jpg
111KB, 1058x705px
>>44400424
It becomes a nightmare when an important decision is being made and suddenly the IP number flares, so you don't know who's samefagging and who's not.
>>
File: sadness and good times.jpg (49KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
sadness and good times.jpg
49KB, 500x666px
>>44400353
>>
>>44400461
For me, the main issues are genre, and majority vs minority.

>genre
I assume you are writing a quest with X genre/theme in mind. When it becomes clear it is actually Y, I'm out. I'm not going to sit around doing something that's not fun when I know the QM is specifically aiming for that brand.

>majority vs. minority
If I don't care enough to repeatedly try to convince anons, then I may as well just leave. It's tiring, and following >>44400500 isn't any better.

Seriously, how often can anons vote for the shallow comedic actions?
>>
What I'm going to enjoy the most is making a fan fiction quest, having a large number of unique IP's in the first thread, and then not even close to a fraction of that amount in the 2nd thread when they realize how shit I am.
>>
>>44400578
Why a fan fiction quest?
I know it's easy, but it's also Shitpost Central material.
>>
>>44400604
Because any quests with original settings I've made have crashed and burned. Not worth it anymore. Might as well do a Fan fiction quest, gather a following AND then try an original quest.
>>
>>44400628
At least choose something decent to make a fan fiction of.
>>
>>44400658
Nah man, I respect good settings too much to make fan fiction of them.
>>
>>44400628
that's actually a decent plan. Run a fairly respectable title, and don't fuck up. Then some people will know you aren't shit.
>>
>>44400680
Heh.
I might use this to get back in the game.
Won't use my old name, though. That ship has sailed.
>>
I'm having problems approaching a difficult character confrontation in my quest.

I'm trying not to make it seem too cheesy, but not make the sudden tone shift seem awkward.

Any suggestions on making sudden tone changes? This is from serious -> Kinda light and goofy change.
>>
>>44400658
>>44400680
Probably something science-fiction. The only things I can figure would be worth it in a fantasy fan fiction would be AsoIaF or Witcher. Witcher quests tend to die off and AsoIaF quest players always wants the QM's to use that complex system made for it.
>>
>>44400719
Sometimes making it a sudden shift can work in your favour, particularly if it's meant to be from serious to comedic.
>>
>>44400739
To be a fag for a second I actually think there'd be a lot of potential in a Wheel of Time quest. Set sometime in the past, before the Aiel War with very few if any canon characters. The setting is big enough for it.
>>
>>44400775
Never watched or read anything about Wheel of Time, so I would way too much of a greenhorn to try it out.
>>
>>44400759
I'll keep that in mind.

It has a serious moment in it, but I'm worried the buffering around it either gives whiplash to the reader or makes it seem awkward and confusing.

Someone may be able to guess which quest it is just by reading it, so here it goes:
I have an antagonist suddenly give a sappy speech and propose to a character. This is hot off the heels of an attack which may be this antagonist's fault. Naturally she rejects him because of his absurd lack of self-awareness and that's where the first vote of the thread would start
>>
>>44400739
Witcher is a rather massive setting to work with. Far better to cut it down into its genre components while stealing elements from Witcher, rather than using the setting itself.

Technically, you could still call it Witcher. It's a job description, not a setting.
>>
>>44399761
So either Ghostbuster: Japan or Ryukuza Quest.
>>
>>44400818

JQOP, is that you?
>>
>writing fan fiction
Do remember that there's a short jump from there to writing FIX fiction. Don't be That Guy. Don't make that jump.
>>
>>44400570
>Seriously, how often can anons vote for the shallow comedic actions?
the memes, Jack, THE MEMEEEEES
>>
File: touch fluffy tail.jpg (141KB, 680x564px) Image search: [Google]
touch fluffy tail.jpg
141KB, 680x564px
>>44401301
ALWAYS BET MYSTERY BOX
>>
>SoL quests
How? I've watched a lot of SoL/CGCDT anime and they don't look like quest worthy material.
>>
>>44401428
They aren't, but a lot of people do it anyway.
>>
>>44401428
The trick to slice of life is to have goals for the main character to reach, from just accomplishing romance goals to doing whatever else.
>>
>>44397410
I'm reading three. When they're up. Which they're generally not.
>>
>>44401027
No no.

I imagine I'll get about the same reception, though
>>
>>44399793
I wish to know this feeling.
>>
>>44401428
Cute Girls Doing Cute Things (cgDct) is not the end all be all of slice-of-life. A SoL about a soldier down in the trenches is going to be markedly different from your animu shit.
>>
>>44401428

They're not quest material, you're right.

Why people enjoy doing nothing in a quest I'll never understand. It's like watching Saturday morning cartoons where every episode is the same and the characters repeat the same 5 lines in endless variations.
>>
>>44401604
Slice of life =/= doing nothing.

I know /tg/ is full of shit writers but SOL is not about doing nothing.
>>
File: 1435346093683.jpg (48KB, 446x422px) Image search: [Google]
1435346093683.jpg
48KB, 446x422px
>>44401604
>Tfw I remember being excited af over Saturday mornings cartoons and whenever an episode I had seen came on, it ruined muh day.
>>
>>44401625

Shit's fucking boring. I say this as a long-time QM. This is why my Quests are generally centered around combat, because character interaction gets REALLY, REALLY DULL after a while. And most PCs treat NPCs like vending machines where you put in questions and information comes out.

After a while, you just want to write "ALL RIGHT, SOMEONE KICKS IN THE DOOR. AND NOW, NINJAS."
>>
>>44401648
That sounds like a good name for a Quest, actually.
>And Now, Ninjas!
>>
>>44401677
There aren't any ninja appearing in this quest. Until the last thread. Which is non-canon.
>>
>>44401648
I had a group of PCs take time to comfort and reassure multiple NPC team members over the course of a quest, without even justifying it as morale building, just because they were worried that other characters were upset or traumatized. I don't want to turn it on you and say "write characters that your players will want to treat as more than vending machines," but at the same time I mean¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>44401648
>I know /tg/ is full of shit writers but SOL is not about doing nothing.
You might just be a shit writer if you can't make SOL engaging enough to write for yourself and for your players.

Character interaction should be development in some way either plot wise, romance wise, character growth and etc. When you go into a conversation you should never come out with absolutely nothing. Each conversation should have a purpose. If its boring then there's something wrong with the way you write characters and dialogue and you seriously need to work on it.

It hinders combat because hey, something dire is happening in the combat and we want to care about the people who are getting shot at. Just going into combat is boring as fuck as well. Combat should be tense and it's not as tense if the characters participating are shit.
>>
>>44401705
Nah, don't sugar coat it anon. He won't get it.

His characters and dialogue are shit and he needs to work on it.
>>
>>44401724
You can't actually say that without reading the quest.

If it's something with a fast pace and/or high stakes players might not think there's time to do anything but ask questions.
>>
>>44401870
It's called not being shit and working those aspects into the action. You can also slow down and allow the players to have downtime to get to know their companions, it doesn't have to take over the quest but come on.
>>
>>44401897
Yeah, I've run multiple action-oriented quests and players appreciate it when you hit the brakes a little bit. You can devote an early part of a session to Q&A, which gives time for decisions about conversation topics rather than life-or-death shit people will resent missing. It's a good way to spend some time accumulating people to the thread before getting into the "point" of the evening. I've also used entire sessions on flashback sequences just so the players could dig into critical character-building moments from their protagonist's life and get them thinking as a group about what kind of person they're playing (although obviously you can only get them to be so consistent about that)
>>
>>44401683
How about:
>You were born and raised a badass pirate.
>A fucking Ninja stole your family's book of sweet Pirate combat skills (techniques are for pussies), but on your 21st birthday, you finally get so sick and tired of that shit you go into a Rage, the first Pirate Skill, anyways.
>Of course, it's time for you to find the bitch that nabbed your stuff and bring him to justice!
>But wait? What's happened to your girlfriend? Are those nunchucks?
>And Now, Ninjas!
>>
>>44400946
>Ryukuza Quest
Hopefully with less cosmology built solely around lesbians impregnating each other and cute girl versions of all the mythological beings and more actual Japanese myth.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>
Ryukuza is shit.
>>
>QM question

I would rather not answer that, sorry.

Two questions

What is your opinion on short sessions?

Is there actually some female QMs on /tg/?
>>
>>44402316
>Is there actually some female QMs on /tg/?
There's XS. And Chuckles' wife ran that Coldsteel quest.
>>
>>44402334
that is good to know, I am relieved.

Did they outright admitted their gender? Did the players act differently after knowing it?
>>
>>44402316
>Is there actually some female QMs on /tg/?
Yup

>>44402369
>Did they outright admitted their gender? Did the players act differently after knowing it?

The ones I know us did yes. And anons do treat them slightly differently but not enough to make an impact.
>>
>>44402369
>Did they outright admitted their gender
I don't know about XS, but the latter did.
>Did the players act differently after knowing it
Not really. People shitpost about XS being a woman but people shitpost about every QM, she just gets a couple of unique insults.

Why do you want to know, anyway?
>>
>>44402391
Thank you anon.
>>44402400
Just asking.

How about the short sessions (2-4 hours)? how are they generally perceived here?
>>
>>44402430
>Just asking
>Smile confirmed Female
>>
>>44402247
It really is.
>>
>>44402463
nope. I am not, anon.

The idea was on my mind for some time , that's all.
>>
SuperHuman Legacy 18 is up.

>>44401043
>>
>>44402483
Whatever you say, girlfriend.
>>
So a few months ago I started working on some ideas with people from /tg/ about running a World War 2 Quest with magical and fantasy elements involved in it.

Then I got hit by a car.

Now that I'm all better and such, I wanted some help with my ideas that I've got on this pastebin doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G7X-cpgbNm8h3_wi2yILeKW024-WupfEejP6MMQo0dY/edit
>>
baka desu senpai
>>
>>44402789
I have been there, it is not pretty.

I am not a fan your mix and mash but i can't judge, Good luck either ways anon.

Should i run my Fallout thread or should i go with Livendagen instead?
>>
>>44403015
What's not really doing it for you, friend?
>>
>>44402789
>Not letting us pick between Allies or Axis
FUCKING DROPPED!
>>
File: 1431497519726.jpg (577KB, 733x957px) Image search: [Google]
1431497519726.jpg
577KB, 733x957px
>>44403185
>Implying there isn't going to be tempting offers from beautiful busty pure Aryan women who may be vampires

Nigga where do you think you are
>>
>>44403219
what is wrong with her eye.
>>
File: Hitler.jpg (64KB, 493x700px) Image search: [Google]
Hitler.jpg
64KB, 493x700px
>>44403185
On a related note.

Should I advertise on /pol/ while offering the choices of extermination of the jews? It'd probably make me the most popular QM on /tg/!

I can also do loli Hitler

>>44403226
She's judging you
>>
>>44403219
>Forcing us to be traitors instead of letting us start as national socialistic loyalists
You're not making your quest idea look any better, shithead.
>>
File: 1408241008641.jpg (1MB, 1280x797px) Image search: [Google]
1408241008641.jpg
1MB, 1280x797px
>>44403242
Shall we just commence with the 'Krieg then?
>>
>>44403265
Can always include SS/Gestapo-action and the backstabbing politics of the Nazi party.
>>
>>44403265
so you're running operation darkness as a quest then?
>>
>>44401099
honestly anon, this is just another one of those crazy QTG revulsions that doesn't mean anything.
Write how you want, people might like it.
>>
>JokerQuestOP
>My apologies, I may have spoken too soon. It appears that an elderly relative has fallen and suffered significant injuries. Updates later.
RIP
>>
File: 1421487376571.jpg (920KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1421487376571.jpg
920KB, 1920x1080px
>>44403294
Ruhiger Kamerad, lassen Sie sich nicht Ihre Annahmen Wolke Ihre Meinung
>>
>>44403509
Can the final boss be Mecha Hitler
>>
>>44403540
Your on the wrong side of the fence, Mein Freund.
>>
>>44403509
Es ist nicht eine Annahme. Ihre Idee ist Operation Darkness.

I loved that fucking game.
>>
>>44403219

For some reason, I always thought Pure Aryan women would look like Selvaria from Valkyrie Chronicles.
>>
>>44398135
Lacy a qt, yes.
>>
>>44403540
No, it's Maimonides piloting a SSTO golem.
Thread posts: 355
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.