[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thank god for Orlando Bloom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11

File: Orlando Bloom.jpg (34KB, 410x290px) Image search: [Google]
Orlando Bloom.jpg
34KB, 410x290px
You know what, if you ever met Orlando Bloom you should buy him a Beer. Because his Portrayal was one of the best fucking things to happen to the fantasy genre in the past few decades. Not necessarily for his acting, but in a meta sense.

In 2001 through 2003 he portrayed Legolas Greenleaf in the Lord of the Rings films. By doing so he attracted numerous fangirls who obsessed over him in the millions. They gushed, they squeed, they wrote horrible homo-erotic fanfiction. But more importantly, many of them got hooked. Afterwards many picked up Tolkien Books and read them or went out in search for more fantasy fiction and become full fledged members of the fandom, getting involved in fantasy roll playing. And to be fair, this is perfectly fine. Many young males who got into fantasy and sci-fi did so not at first because of the rich world building or the speculation of making contact with aliens or how society could evolve due to X-technological development. But rather because we liked to see robots/orcs shot with laser beams and/or stabbed with swords. Or because their first boners involved an image of a fair Elvish Maiden or Blackarachnia.

And you know what, those girls have grown up, completed puberty and are now women. So thank you Orlando Bloom. You are like a magic Baker who crashes his unicorn fart powered delivery truck through walls and unloads vast quantities of much needed buns to correct lame ass sausage parties.
>>
>>44086234

Actual Orlando Bloom detected.
>>
>>44086234
Thank you, Mr. Bloom. What's your character in your current campaign? I want to know what kind of characters celebrities play.
>>
Quite so
>>
I didn't know Orlando Bloom browsed /tg/

You were my favorite character to play in Lord of the Ring: Return of the King on PS2. Man the co-op mode in that game was awesome.
>>
literally just Orlando Bloom posting on /tg/
>>
File: Gimli-gimli-11402468-960-404.jpg (59KB, 960x404px) Image search: [Google]
Gimli-gimli-11402468-960-404.jpg
59KB, 960x404px
>>44086234
Elf acting is tolerable, but what you really want is fine dwarven acting. Truly masterwork acting is forged in the fires of great dwarven acting academies; hammered to perfection upon the finely-built stages of magnificent dwarven theater halls; whetted with the finely-crafted works of dwarven playwrights; and quenched with the robust applause of sturdy dwarven hands.
>>
>>44086234
And now they all believe in white privilege and rape culture.

Thanks Mr Bloom.
>>
My wife literally got into fantasy because of Orlando bloom. Good stuff op.
>>
What I think OP is saying is Orlando Bloom has increased our odds of getting laid
>>
>wanting women in /tg/ hobbies
Please go and stay go
>>
>>44087687
thank you orlando
>>
>>44086234

Fuck that, I want a Viggo fangirl.
>>
>>44086234
Yeah I saw this posted here word for word like three years ago. Good work contributing to the general lack of original content on the internet, dumb ass.
>>
>>44087845
>he says, while contributing nothing
I know I'm doing the same, so fuck right off
>>
>>44086234
Thank you Mr. Bloom, not just for the reasons described in your OP, but for tge OP itself, as I deeply enjoyed this thread
>>
>>44087737
I got a Viggo fangirl.
Best sex ever.
>>
>>44087704
Oh hai /r9k/
>>
>>44087845
yea, good thing we don't allow content that has previously been posted to appear on 4chan. i wonder if someone could come up with a snappy name for such a thing

wait i've got it

duplicake
>>
>>44088317
Hey /tg/. Still deluding yourself over girls liking the things you like?
>>
>>44087656
Post of the month!
>>
>>44087656
Everything is dwarven masterwork for you, right?
>>
>>44087687
Yes, I would say our odds have tripled!

>3 times 0 is 0
>>
>>44087067
This.
One of the best coop games.
>>
File: 1380743766564.jpg (88KB, 693x448px) Image search: [Google]
1380743766564.jpg
88KB, 693x448px
>>44089334
Obligatory.
>>
>>44087067
Mah nigga.
>>
>>44088649
>duplicake
I bet this will catch on fast.

Very nice mee mee
>>
>>44088649
>duplicake
I like this.
>>
File: gamer_girls_do_exist.jpg (62KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
gamer_girls_do_exist.jpg
62KB, 750x600px
>>44088720
>>
>>44089438
How does that conversation go? I don't know this comic.
>>
>>44090128
Fell's Five.
>>
>>44090190
>new issues never

;_;
>>
>>44089367
Except that Gimli sucked, and War in the North was pretty much just that game but better in every way.

Go play some War in the North if you haven't already. Then come back and apologize.
>>
>>44090058
All for

A T T E N T I O N

The sooner you come to terms with this anon, the better off you'll be.
>>
>>44087067
>Lord of the Ring: Return of the King
Best LotR game after battle for middle earth 2.
>>
>>44090291
Friendly reminder that this is what neckbeards actually believe
>>
>>44090360
I respect your choice though I preferred Battle for Middle Earth 1 myself.

>tfw you call in Éomer's army at Minas Tirith.
>>
>>44090446
I respect your choice because the first one is great game. Fuck, I loved those games.
>>
>>44090464
One of my favourite things was how the castles worked, where you could put towers and trebuchets up and have archers man the walls.

As a turtle player that really scratched an itch but it was also really flavourful and thematic.
>>
>>44086234
>fandom
What a horrible term for horrible people
>>
>>44086234
Fuck no. As someone who gets told they look like him, as well as Jared Padaleki, any given vampire, and any tall guy with long hair in anything I say I'm sick of the kind of superwholock "nerdgirls" that get into nerd shit because of a hot guy actor. They're act exactly like any given male sperglord except they think they can get away with all the annoying come-ons that a guy would be ostracized for.
>>
boromir>aragorn>gandalf>gimli>legolas>hobbits>bill>gollum

elrond>galadriel>glorfindel>celebrimbor>gil-galad>elladan&elrohil>cirdan>thranduil>celeborn>arwen

denethor>imrahil>faramir>theoden>eowyn>eorl>elendil>isildur>gamling>eomer>beregond>halbarad>erkenbrand>theodred
>>
>>44090653
beren>tuor>turin
>>
>>44090653
>denethor greater than theoden

Is dis Southron serious?
>>
>>44090429
Friendly reminder that I speak nothing but the truth, and to call someone a neckbeard on /tg/ is unnecessary
Unless, of course, you're new here, and are more suited to Tumblr or reddit
>>
>>44090689
denethor had willpower rivaling that of sauron. dude was mighty as hell before his wife and son died and kingdom went to shit
>>
File: denethor eats.gif (997KB, 500x188px) Image search: [Google]
denethor eats.gif
997KB, 500x188px
>>44090689
Theoden was a good leader but not a good ruler. Anyone who can match the mental will of Sauron will be better than a horsefucker.
>>
>>44090190
any chance you have a link to pdfs or something?
>>
>>44086400
Underrated post, kek'd/10.
>>
>>44087656
the problem is, no girl gets nuts over a dwarf...
>>
>>44090058
>implying I don't already
>>
>>44090834
More realistically, no dwarf nuts over girls.
>>
>>44090879
And even more realistically, no one tosses a dwarf
>>
File: dwarf and boar.jpg (470KB, 1134x1744px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf and boar.jpg
470KB, 1134x1744px
>>44087656
That is some fine posting, anon. Obviously dwarfwork.
>>
>>44090058
>green shirt, glasses, short hair

I will now quest to woo the young maiden.
>>
>>44090699
>call someone a neckbeard on /tg/ is unnecessary
As if females never post on /tg/. As if females who do artwork for games never game.

Step out of the basement sometime, anon. There's a world out there.
>>
>>44087656
Gimli Gloinson created ≡Acting≡
>>
File: tumblr_kyp1288aa31qahfr5.jpg (22KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_kyp1288aa31qahfr5.jpg
22KB, 500x213px
>>44090887
>>
File: jackson.jpg (81KB, 635x332px) Image search: [Google]
jackson.jpg
81KB, 635x332px
How does /tg/ feel about this?

Is Peter Jackson working on a cinematic adaptation of The Silmarillion?

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3661831?utm_source=fb-channel-action-legends&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=peter-jackson-confirms-the-silmarillion-and-meets-doctor-who
>>
>>44090944
>females posting on /tg/
Guys In Real Life, anon.
I'm outside the basement, by the way. I wish I'd stayed in there.
As for the chicks who do art, they just couldn't figure out what chad wanted. Pretty simple, but I guess it's comforting to know I'm not the only one who can fail easy shit like that.
>>
>>44091031
>heavily bookmarked
i must take the bait
>>
>>44086234
You're obviously thinking of Thranduil and mixing things up.
>>
>>44091051
>As for the chicks who do art, they just couldn't figure out what chad wanted.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, anon.
>>
>>44090746
Sorry, no. It gets storytimed on /co/ every so often, though. Maybe keep an eye out.
>>
File: onisfacewhen.png (63KB, 248x178px) Image search: [Google]
onisfacewhen.png
63KB, 248x178px
>>44090718

>good leader

Because sending the majority of your army away from the CAPITAL to defend against an enemy you THINK might be coming in deference to relieving an understrength defence against a VERY OBVIOUSLY INCOMING SIEGE makes great rulership.

And when the army actually shows up at your door, the first thing you do as a good leader is to yell from the highest tower for your men to abandon their posts and flee for their lives.

10/10 I replied. Go back to Minas Morgul, orc.
>>
>>44091118
It really doesn't anon
>>
>>44091051
>mentioning Chad unironically on /tg/
>>>/r9k/
Back to your containment board.
>>
>>44091147
To be fair, his mind had long been dominated by Sauron at that point taking advantage of the grief he suffered throughout his life. He was a good leader. It was with the best of intentions he started looking into the palantir, trying to gain some advantage over the Enemy but, as we all know, the road to Hell...
>>
>>44090291
Implying manbaby nerds don't play pnp because it's the only place they can be remotely successful at anything
>>
>>44087656
As I recall, Gimli's actor HATED the movie.
>>
>>44091147
based movie enthusiast

>>44091344
his mind had never been really dominated by sauron until the moment he thought faramir had died. compare him to saruman who used his palantir for the first time about 10 years after denethor and was easily corrupted (although the palantir is not the only reason for his fall).

using the palantir and seeing visions from sauron and mordor's might did affect his defeatist attitude for the worse but he wasn't corrupted by sauron or gave information to him
>>
>>44091160
Good.
>>
>>44091526
Yes, dominated was probably the wrong word to use. Rather, the influence of Sauron clashed with his strength of will and, while he couldn't be completely controlled it did influence him. A gnawing, scratching feeling in the back of the mind, affecting his judgement and decisions until it eventually drove him to insanity upon seeing Faramir's broken body.
>>
>>44091603
Addendum: ignoring the whole "Will of Eru" and his own destiny for a moment, one wonders what would become of Aragorn upon looking into the stone were he some lesser man. Still heir of Isildur in line unbroken but, without the same strength of will and singular purpose.

Something like Boromir, I suppose. Great leader of men but weak in his own desperation/arrogance.
>>
>>44091493
He enjoyed acting in the movie. He fucking hated having to go through hours of makeup a day.
>>
>>44091658
boromir is "exceptionally" weak of mind though. his brother was far more trustworthy, so maybe even faramir could have looked into the stone without harm. i might be wrong but i think the line of stewards is mostly numenorian and in faramir or boromir the bloodline of numenor was seemingly renewed, so mighty a man he was. of course, sauron's strength increased ceaselessly so of course the palantir was less dangerous to use back in the day
>>
>>44091493
He was hesitant of the movie at first and thought it would fail because Jackson was a nobody at the time.

Apparently 2 weeks in he began loving it and went on interview saying he thought it was going to be one of the greatest films in recent history.
>>
>>44088720
My bosses daughter is into both Marvel movies and the works of Tolkien.

You are full of shit.
>>
>>44092213
Yeah my ex was also into anime, until I started fucking her and she suddenly wasn't. She - was - into Marvel movies, but her level of interest would make /co/ sperg out.

Then there is the tumblr-tier fandoms which are partially fucked up.

Aand then there are actually interesting girls who have green eyes, tanned skin, a DFC and a lovely accent but will never go out with you because you're the casual
kill me
>>
>>44092213
>Marvel movies
Gross. I hope he teaches her some proper values.
>>
>>44091818
Were there any other big differences between Boromir and Faramir, aside from strength of will? Would the Fellowship have stayed together if Faramir had gone in his brother's stead?
>>
>>44092558
boromir was definitely the better fighter and commander. his presence in osgiliath was vital to the morale. the uruk-hai would have attacked the fellowship at amon hen regardless of what boromir did so maybe faramir couldn't have killed so many orcs and struck fear into their hearts. another thing often overlooked is that boromir's betrayal caused frodo to understand that he must go to mordor alone or the ring would corrupt everyone (except sam/hobbits).

iirc the way tolkien writes about boromir changes in the second book, fleshing out his character a bit more and making him have that clear weakness and simultaneously i think faramir is praised and his words and actions are very gentle towards frodo and sam.
>>
>>44087704
Are you some kind of faggot?
>>
>>44092501
Here's your (You).
>>
>>44090058
>not already loving glasses
plebs gotta go
>>
>>44091140
>>44090746
just ask in the win-o thread
>>
>>44090205
Life is suffering.
>>
>>44087656
Someone post the comic about find dwarven pastries, you know the one.
>>
>>44089438
>>44095907
Shit, I really should read the thread before posting.
>>
File: TomBombadil.jpg (46KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
TomBombadil.jpg
46KB, 500x492px
>>44090446
>mfw my army of Rohirrim combined with my army of Gondor knights outside the Blackgate to create a force that was three times bigger than the command point cap.
>>
>>44087687
Not really, because they expect Legolas and get the Goblin King.

And not even Gareth the Goblin King, but the gross, fat, tumored, putrid Hobbit Goblin King
>>
>>44097384
Beautiful.
>>
>>44097384

I thought the implication was that tom bombadil was an ancient evil more dangerous than sauron but couldn't leave his forest?

That would explain why he couldn't give a fuck.
>>
>>44097479

It's Jareth
>>
>>44100647
>I thought the implication was that tom bombadil was an ancient evil more dangerous than sauron but couldn't leave his forest?
I don't think there was such an implication.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.