[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 440
Thread images: 104

File: 1446267081048.jpg (779KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1446267081048.jpg
779KB, 1024x768px
Pask lives to fight again edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf
Warhammer 40k: Age of Tauuna edition

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Tau got some formations, small ones, bit still formations sub-edition

Chaos gods of rage and plague in on shit position sub-sub-edition
>>
>>43866096
Shot posting*
>>
>>43866109
Shoot piston*
>>
File: 1448666978063.jpg (48KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1448666978063.jpg
48KB, 720x576px
Third for wyvern spam
>>
Really needing my corsairs scan now. The wait is too much.
>>
>>43866144
Schute Pasta
>>
>>43866322
Chute plasma
>>
File: 1380806755985.jpg (133KB, 851x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1380806755985.jpg
133KB, 851x1280px
In the name of the Tau Empire, I must thanks the Imperium for creating a no man's land between our forces for the years to come. This way, you won't be able to invade our space ever again while we continue our FTL research unopposed and without delay.
>>
new trailer for EC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf2DZ8fNehg
>>
File: Tau female5.jpg (108KB, 851x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Tau female5.jpg
108KB, 851x1280px
>>43866479
>>
File: cYanmPn.gif (937KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
cYanmPn.gif
937KB, 500x281px
>>43866507
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 371x397px)
image.jpg
43KB, 371x397px
So I think this does a good job of establishing pre-Emperor humanity in 40k.

http://youtu.be/FyeoBm5QFnA
>>
>>43866188
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Eldar_Corsairs_(7E)

I'm enjoying the read
>>
File: RWSS.png (877KB, 654x1498px) Image search: [Google]
RWSS.png
877KB, 654x1498px
As Ravenwing how do I deal with Green Tide at low points? (1250)

The list I am going against has the 10 PK nobs and 100 boyz + BBP PK warboss then a pain boy and two groups of gretchin.

I am bringing my IG Chap, 3 squads of bike (1 melta, 1 plasma, 1 grav) an attack squadron (melta bike squad with melta land speeder) and a support squadron. (Darkshroud and 3 double bolter land speeders)

I just kind of skirt around the blob of shit and zap what I can. It makes for such long and grindy games and I try to just focus on the mission.

He has an infinite number of look out sirs and all this other nonsense.

Our first game he charged my support squadron and just decimated them.

We are getting ready to move up to 1500 and I think i need more templates or something.... I am considering droping my attack squad for the silence squad with the three fliers. All he is adding is 16 lootas, thats all that could really hit them.
>>
>>43866512
Staying on your game
>>
>>43866653

>Capture Run the Warboss
>Whole Tide goes apeshit
>Nobs can't crack enough skulls
>They swallow themselves in a self-WAAAGH
>>
>>43866507
Looks sexy, that is definitely not alpha though.
>>
>>43866188
Is there a new release for corsairs?
>>
File: OrkLyfe.jpg (22KB, 400x295px)
OrkLyfe.jpg
22KB, 400x295px
>>43866653

>bringing three fliers against a greentide at 1500
>>
>>43866698
>Not alpha
>Those textures
Seriously in just that video I can point out 200 reasons why that is still alpha (and probably an early iteration too)
>>
>>43866653
Personally I like rocking typhoon launchers, six blasts worth of bolters will make a blob shy.
You do lose the more threatening overwatch but it's a different approach in the end.
>>
>>43866699
With the reprint of IA:12, yes
>>
>>43866696
>>43866716

Are you saying I have a good idea or is that unfair?

We only really play against each other right now as we are still learning.
>>
>>43866727
11, my bad
>>
>>43866507
I have to get a new videocard this year.
Keeps shitting itself.
>>
I want a reprint of Kastorel, but I just know that the Kustom Stompa is gonna get thrown under the bus to be more in line with GW's monobuild overpriced to kingdom come codex version
>>
>>43866652
Yeah that's not all of the new stuff, they still have Jetpack corsairs at 5+ instead of 4+, and an incomplete psychic table.

They're just plugging stuff in as they get it. I'm waiting for the whole deal.
>>
File: Rankem.png (10KB, 610x916px) Image search: [Google]
Rankem.png
10KB, 610x916px
Slow thread.
>>
>>43866653
Flamers in squads. Also, Thunderfire cannons are 100 points. Get a couple, maybe some whirlwinds, and watch his wall fall. Blasts are your friend here, capitalize on that. Here is where a tank column of your standard russ would be best. S8 AP3 large blasts ignore the save from the painboy, and removes big chunks of his wall.

You could also ally in a vindicare assassin to plink off his painboy easier.
>>
>loaded up DoW2
>remember my autism made me quit
>can equip Tarkus with Termy Armour
>Dunno if Veteran squad skill applies to it
>Means I can't use Master Crafted Frag Nades
>If I equip him with Power Armour he can use them as energy not supplies
>But in Terminator Armour he can equip a Stormbolter with "Reduced Weapon Cooldown" ability which shoots his range DPS to 1280 odd. Same level + rarity Storm Bolter without the cool down is 600 odd. Can push it up to 1300 with stickers.
>But that means running Thaddeus is regular armour which means more micro
>I have a chainblade which gives me insane melee DPS to Hairgel, but I want the Power Sword as Hairgel sucks against heavy infantry otherwise
>but then he uses special attacks anyway a lot

I dunno what to do. Tarkus apparently does 1300, the most I can get, DPS with the Stormbolter. Coupled with the fact Focus Fire buffs his damage too. Avitus does about 1000 base then Focus Fire makes it more. But I also have a Lv.20 Plasma Gun. Which I can't give to Hairgel as I maxed his melee not his range.

I dunno what to do. The DPS shootup with the cooldown Stormbolter is insane. Thule isn't even maxed melee or range and only has one level left. But he might be better instead of Thaddeus (which then means taking fucking repair kits for him) arrrrg.

Games giving me choices is bad! t. /v/
>>
File: sob46.jpg (237KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sob46.jpg
237KB, 1000x1000px
>>43866878
>slow thread
>8:00am Britbong time

Most people sleep in on Saturday mate. We're not all "vamps".

That's the cool and hip term now. Vamps. You're a vampire if you stay up late and talk on social media and shit. I shit you not. Once upon a time that was called being a "night owl" or something else. Now it's "vamping"
>>
File: cexec8tz.jpg (49KB, 609x736px) Image search: [Google]
cexec8tz.jpg
49KB, 609x736px
>>43866878
>>
>>43866955
>Mechanicus
>Top 3

You're missing Daemons. Which are 3rd. Mech/Skit are prob 1.5.
>>
File: totally objective fact.png (21KB, 610x916px) Image search: [Google]
totally objective fact.png
21KB, 610x916px
>>43866878
>>
File: ChapterRanks.jpg (222KB, 610x916px) Image search: [Google]
ChapterRanks.jpg
222KB, 610x916px
>>43866878
>>
Been playing my Zhadsnark bike army for a while now and decided to add some fliers and a second CAD to get to 1500 pts. Still learning but I felt I could handle the different unit types and some bigger games as I am behind point wise in the arms race of my playgroup.

We aren't meeting till near Christmas so they haven't seen it yet. I may pick up another box of lootas and split the mob of 15 I have and add in two more.

HQ (225pts)

Painboy (75pts)
Warbike

Zhadsnark 'Da Rippa'(150pts)

Elites

9 Tankbustas (170pts)
Boss Nob
Bosspole, Power Klaw

Troops

2 units of 6x Warbiker(108pts ea)

Fast Attack

Dakkajet (110pts)
2x Twin-linked Supa Shoota

3 Deffkoptas (90pts)

Heavy Support

Battlewagon (160pts)
Killkannon, 4x Rokkit Launcha

15 Lootas (210pts)

Combined Arms Detachment (268pts)

HQ
Big Mek (90pts)
Bosspole
Kustom Force Field

Troops

2 units of 10 Gretchin (35pts ea)

Heavy Support

3 seperate Mek Gunz each with 2 extra grots and Kustom Mega-kannons (36pts)

1449/1500
>>
File: Skittle_Emprah_by_40_Kun.gif (1MB, 519x327px) Image search: [Google]
Skittle_Emprah_by_40_Kun.gif
1MB, 519x327px
>>43866878

tfw some uses the template you made
>>
>>43866861
Yeah, I noticed that. I'd love to see it myself as corsairs are one of my favorite lists..

Wielder of Profane Powers: gain +1 ML, which can become Mastery 2 if you bought the generic upgrade that Princes get. They open up Malefic Daemonology to all psykers in the army, but must also generate at least one Malefic power for themselves.

>Chaos Eldar
>>
>>43867019

I feel like the few Ork bike lists I have seen really pushed the bikes as orks tend to push whatever they are spamming.

I am talking about 21+ bikes, those things shoot a ton! Easily more value than dakka jets since they can be troops for you.

For that matter I haven't seen any ork flier get its points back besides the bomber.

That could be more bikes or together almost enough for another battlewagon and maybes some burnas.

The Mek guns are nice though. You can set up a nice little artillery bubble with your big mek and shoot at scary things.

Tank Bustas and Battlewagons are just good stuff so having them is always a plus.

Looks like a good enough list, I wish I saw more orks.
>>
>>43867014
>your chapter is lowest

YOU FUCKER. YOU TAKE THAT BACK.
>>
>>43867014
>space furfags
>over everything below it

Disgusting. I bet you bought the topless shewolf figures from Raging Heroes to proxy as Ferinsian wolves.
>>
>>43867019

Do you not run biker nobs? Need dem PKs bruh

Counting my 2 HQs (same as yours) I have 30 bikes at 1000 points.

4 units of 6 warbikers + PK/BP warbike nob

Nigga, my dakka blocks out the sun.

I only have 7 lootas in the list though.
>>
>>43867173

I know Ravenwing and White Scars are the top but I would love to see every other armies bike face off.

Orks, Gorepack and Eldar
>>
When did purity seals begin to emerge? Did they have them at the end of the HH?
>>
Got a question about B@C.

Why would I ever pick an advance over a run? It seems they both do the same thing except the run allows you to move two hexes.
>>
>>43867266
Termies can advance and shoot
>>
>>43867266
I did not read the rules but these questions might give you the answer:
Does running disallow fighting or increase difficulty to fight? Can all units run (Termies, Dread)?
>>
>>43867039
I don't get the point of that one, I would never run malefic daemonology, especially with THAT punishing of a perils chart. All it would grant is an additional warp charge in the turn, which I apparently can do for 10 points to a baron to turn him into a WC battery.
>>
So I recently got into 40k, buying a small Tyranid force. My brother got a Blood Angels force and we've played two games. We both had fun, but I won both games (totally dominating the first) and my brother is pretty demoralized about it.

The big issue, we think, is that Blood Angels units cost so many points. We bought the Deathstorm battle box, which is ostensibly equal forces, but the SMs have about 200 points over the Tyranid force.

He's worried that in any equivalent-point battle, he'll always be outnumbered and have zero chance of winning. It was pretty close between me and him, but my other brother just bought some necrons and he's got lots of spare points to get up to our level, despite his soldiers being really good.

How do we resolve this? I'm thinking of just letting him go over on points.
>>
>>43867585
Tyranids and BA should be pretty well balanced against each other.

Is the problem that he just doesn't have enough shooting to substantially damage your Tyranid units?

If so - have you been playing with the rules for Synapse, remembering that most Tyranids aren't fearless (and have pretty low Ld).

Because your brother would do well to target your Synapse creatures first, killing those will make the rest of your army far more likely to fail Morale checks as a result of casualties from shooting.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>43867585
This anon >>43867601 covered most of it, if hes still concerned perhaps he should look into different unit types. Baal Predators shred infantry and would cut down on the numbers disadvantage hes at.
>>
File: 1448697346860.png (30KB, 610x916px)
1448697346860.png
30KB, 610x916px
>>43866878
>>
>>43867633
>Chaos Daemons

>Low mid tier

FOOKIN FITE ME M8
>>
What`s new about Mymeara 2ed? Anyone dropped it?
>>
>>43867657
What makes them good?
>>
>>43867693
Their ridiculous mastery of the psychic phase and summoning.
>>
>>43867693
tzeentch summoning used to be good, IDK about now
>>
>>43867585
don't use anything that gives you stealth or shrouded. Also, no flyrants or anything that can take 2 twin linked devourers with brainleech worms
>>
>>43867633
Also Khorne daemonkin are hardly low tier are they?
>>
>>43867657
They have one build that is really strong, and it's so predicable that is very easy to counter.
They are strong only if you don't know you are getting into Daemons.
They don't have the raw strength of the new codices.
>>
>>43867601
>>43867617
Thanks for the replies. Synapse isn't really a concern because the only creatures I've got who need it are the shooty Carnifex, who sits in the back next to some shooty warriors, and some hormagaunts who stick near the Broodlord.

He's rolled really poorly for his shooting, and the special Broodlord character grants a 4+ cover save in open terrain to his genestealers (Stealth and Shrouded) and a 5+ to everyone else.

He also charged his Death Company assault marines into my 'stealers, which chewed them up with higher initiative.

His terminators and dreadnought are the real winners of his army. He got the Dread into CC against my hormagaunts and wiped them, then took out half the stealers before my Carnifex charged and killed it outright. Then it came down to Termies vs. Genestealers, and the Broodlord finally won the battle for me.

So power-wise, we seem evenly matched, perhaps a little in my favor. But the points are badly off balance- I've got 200-ish points I could fill to match his army and that would make it damn near impossible for him to beat me.
>>
>>43867701
>>43867693
>>43867699

tzeentch/nurgle themed lists consistently place top 10. Plague drones, Lords of Change, and Heralds of Tzneetch are incredible units, and lords of change consistently beat the piss out of anything that they can come into contact with.

Full out tzeentch lists are capable of summoning half their armies points cost to the table every turn, on average dice rolls.
>>
>>43867726
Good formations and a nice mechanics can't do much on a overpriced and limited set of units.

They are still CSM. They are still bad.
>>
>>43867585
has he tried using more death company with jump packs? keep them with all bolt pistols and chainswords, maybe 1 powerfist per 5 or 10 dudes. BA dreadnoughts suck. The only use for them are furiosos with frag cannons and heavy flamers in drop pods. the other suck. Baal predators are great against tyranids unless they're using venomthropes and malanthropes. the only 2 Warlords that do anything remotely worth it are Astorath, Dante, the sanguinary priest and MAYBE a librarian, ignore all other HQs. Their Troops also kind of suck. Try flamer, heavy flamer, and a combi-flamer tacticals in a drop pod?
>>
>>43867740
Fair enough. Just seemed to be doing well from what I have seen.

We have a KD player in our local meta, he was wiping the floor with everyone. My guess is nobody knew how to deal with that much melee as most people play shooty armies.

Kind of like what happened when my friends first fought me and my daemons. With psyker- free armies.
>>
>>43867711
;_;

I just put together a flyrant with that loadout. Read about it online, thought it was cool, cut up some extra devourers to mod up some twin-links (they look great). I kinda feel like a jackass but I'd rather let him use more stuff than cripple myself.

>>43867746
He's only got 5 assaulters, but I'll suggest getting more and changing out the dreadnought. He didn't have to glue his arms in because the slots were tight enough to hold them together.
>>
File: 1435823976509.jpg (34KB, 500x281px)
1435823976509.jpg
34KB, 500x281px
>>43867756
There is an error in that codex.

"A Blood Tithe point is generated each time [xxx] a character with the Blood for the Blood God! special rule is slain, or slays an enemy character in a challenge."

That extra coma (which don't belongs), make that RAW you gain a blood point when you lose a character in any way, not only challenges (how it was intended).

That means the KD players gain twice as many points when they get their units destroyed.

Most of the power of that codex is based on an writing error. That's stupid.
>>
>>43867796
and shoot the flyrant with what? the only skyfire in the entire codex is the stormraven, so unless he gets one, he literally has no answer to it. And being AV12 all around, the flyrant has a fair chance of glancing it down or at least forcing it to jink every turn.
>>
>>43867734
When GW were constructing the lists of Tyranid and BA models to be included, they probably weren't paying too close attention to the points.

They were likely more concerned about presenting a roughly equal force distribution with fairly obvious counters and counter-counters.

Anyway, advice:
He should let the Genestealers come to him, and force them to charge through terrain. Genestealers don't have grenades, so their init 6 becomes init 1, and they'll have to suffer through whatever Overwatch the BA will put out first.

I can't remember specifically whether the terminators have storm shields, but if they do, they're his best tool against the Carnifex. The dreadnought's best used against the genestealers and the hormagaunts.

As for the poor rolling on the shooting, there's naught anyone can do about that.

But yeah, don't worry too much about the points - BA like any space marine army pay a premium for their power armour, but the carnifex and genestealers often ignore it outright. This means they're paying points for something they don't really get any use out of.

In a larger match using armies constructed from a variety of different units and models, the points should roughly shake out to something resembling balance between your two forces.
>>
>>43867796
BA live off of drop pods and jump packs. Something not reaching where it needs to go? jump pack or drop pod. Probably drop pod, as they can't mishap unless they scatter off table. Also, take drop pods in odd numbers so that you get half rounded up in turn 1. Drop Pod flame templates and meltas are what stick out the most to me when looking at BA. That and Death Company with jump packs.
>>
>>43866653

I have no idea if you get it on Ravenwing, but speaking as a Green Tide player, one of the things that fucks me over the most is Hit and Run.

Normally, Blasts actually aren't that big of a deal. Properly spaced, you just won't take that many casualties. I've gone against 3 Wyverns with an Eradicator in support and I still won, because he just wasn't hitting enough Boyz with those shots.

That changed with Hit and Run. You have to bunch up in the Assault Phase; suddenly everything isn't nicely spaced but close together. With Hit and Run, you force the Tide to bunch up, then just leave. Yes, the Ork player gets a D6 consolidate move, but that's almost never sufficient to actually get everything back spaced out.

THEN you unleash your blast hell onto the packed masses.
>>
>>43867734
If he's getting demoralized about losing I suggest a different approach to the matches. Make it a small campaign with objectives and whatnot, try and get him invested beyond winning and losing. If you can enjoy the fight and the time spent, the outcome won't matter as much. So as much as it's a joke to some, forge that narrative.
>>
>>43867820
Heh I just noticed that.

Mind you a lot of people were saying that the codex has a lot of rules overlap and stinks of a rushjob. Or so I have been told.
>>
>>43867734
As a BA player, my advice is never expect to win and just accept that you're going to lose. you might even want to make it a game of keeping how badly you are going to lose to a minimum. Then you can try silly things like making a completely fluffy army and not really mind because you weren't going to win anyways. There's a certain zen or calmness that comes with playing with that in mind.

For example, I often use a BA captain with sanguinary guard. Those 2 units suck dick, but I wasn't going to win anyways, so I might as well use units I think are cool.
>>
>>43867829
>>43867822
>>43867849
>>43867874
>>43867902
Thanks for all your help, guys. I'll try to work something out with this so that things aren't so one-sided.

And I guess my flyrant will be taking a stroll. I'll just "counts-as" him for now.
>>
>>43867019

There's an argument to be made that your list is illegal, since it has Zhadsnark and Mek Gunz. His special rule disallows Big Gunz, which don't exist anymore, however the old Big Gunz are now part of the Mek Gunz.

From a pure technical perspective it's legal since Mek Gunz aren't Big Gunz, but, and I'm saying this as a fellow Ork player, it's very much against the intent of the rule and it's only passing because it's outdated.

As for the list itself. I've never found Killkannons to be worth the investment. 4 Rokkits on the battlewagon is great, but I'd shove a Ram on there for rerolling Dangerous Terrain.

You should be looking to incorporate a Deathstar of Bikes into the list. Zhadsnark is great but he really excels in a giant Biker Mob with a Painboy and, if you want to splurge the points, a Big Mek on Warbike with a KFF to help against Ignore Cover. He gives Scout and Skilled Rider to the entire unit, making it a major threat from turn 1. Minimum size biker units are great in a Zhard list since he makes them troops, so zoom around grabbing objectives. But your big Biker unit should definitely have a Nob with PK.

Consider as well just taking an Ork Horde detachment to unlock the extra HQ, and use those mandatory troops slots on more bikes. I've personally gotten a lot of mileage out of Tankbustas in Trukks (7-8 per trukk, no Nob) to keep them cheap but still effective.

This list won Storm of Silence this year, might be worth checking out for you.
>>
>>43867902
Ave Sanguinius Brother. I run Dante with Sang Guard and a Librarian/Sanguinary Priest and a Captain with a Librarian and that Vanguard/Assault Squad formation... I also run my allied Skittles in Rhinos and Razorbacks instead of Drop Pods.
>>
>>43867927
The sad thing is when that formation came out all the other marine players were like "aw you fucking lucky pricks I wish I had that."

Then vanilla got an update. And now even though you can get a free lighting claw per dude in that formation, vanilla marines get three for every one you buy.

Power creep, amirite?
>>
Where can I download I am slaughter?
>>
File: 1333646836394.jpg (148KB, 491x337px)
1333646836394.jpg
148KB, 491x337px
>Play daemons and CSM in a CAD both of them.
>Convert the shit out of everything (Fucking cultist bikers)
>Win a fair share of games and be overall happy with the army as a whole.
>Who friends from another meta area on skype tells me how bad Chaos is overall and they need new books asap.
>Argue that I'm actully alright with Chaos after the 7th ed BB and various detatchment systems made it possible to run themed lists again.
>"Chaos is still shit dude!"
>Find out the guy is currently painting his 5th Dakka flyrant for an up coming game, the guy guy something similar but with tau.

I suddenly realized just how fond I am of my local gaming circle.

People like this is why E sports are a cancer on many games awell.
>>
>>43866479
Unless, y'know, they just warp right in like they did in Mont'ka.
>>
>>43866479
So you seriusly think that a tract of impassable space matters at all to any race that use the warp for travel?
>>
>>43867990
Not even that formation. The one with two assault squads and a squad of Vanguard. Only bonus is no scatter from deep strike. I always play very casual so I don't really go for the whole "buy these useless units for this broken formation". I have no use for twenty fucking Vanguard Vets! I already have 20 jump pack DC, 70 Assault Marines, about 10 JP characters and 20 Sanguinary Guard. I really don't need or want anymore jump infantry.
>>
What's the best use for outflanking Kroots with a Kroot Hound?
>>
File: s_d14Mundew.jpg (135KB, 1280x849px) Image search: [Google]
s_d14Mundew.jpg
135KB, 1280x849px
Guys, where i can download a first book from new "beast arise" series?
>>
File: taupepe.jpg (291KB, 1280x1233px) Image search: [Google]
taupepe.jpg
291KB, 1280x1233px
Mont'Ka Epubs for everyone that missed them last night:

>https://mega.nz/#F!ppVTDZSI

Key

>!-LB27B14UH2meEQI8nfcEg
>>
>>43868479
Add a Krootox or two
get that in the enemies backfield for suprise, try to tie up devastator or (with the krootox) go for the weaker side/rear armor of the tanks.
Remember Krootox has S6 in meelee.
(Perhaps not the best use, but fun and something different from always riptides all the time)
>>
>>43867690
I have it in my hands right now.
>>
File: smh tbh.png (22KB, 698x150px) Image search: [Google]
smh tbh.png
22KB, 698x150px
>>43866955

>listing a meme army nobody plays (sisters) instead of IG
>>
>>43868623
Thank you, anon.
>>
>>43866479
>"Now that the tau has beat the imperium, the tau will now take over the galaxy!"
>"NO ONE CAN STOP THEM"

>Montka releases
>Close battle till end where imperium gives giant middle finger to the tau
>Sets the gulf on fire
>Their paths of transportation that the tau found around space is now obscured to them
>Stuck between fire and tyranids(which prob wont kill them)

>"Looks like tau still came up on top."

I really don't hate the tau, and I really don't like shitting on them. But you keep acting like a faggot carnac. Why do you feel the need to shove in everyones face that the tau are number one main protagonist race ALL THE TIME. You do little more then encourage shitposting in the threads.
>>
>>43868623

Neat, thanks anon!

Can't open it right now but I'm curious, who bites the dust?
>>
>>43868779

Aun'va. As everyone expected it. Also they cover it up with holograms and a engram.
>>
>>43868779
Some assassins and aun'va
>>
>>43868722
If you're taking questions; can a Corsair Princess take a Lasblaster, or similar two-handed gun? I'm in the process of converting one up and want to know whether or not I'm going to have to start sawing off arms.
>>
>>43868779
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-38-34.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-38-34.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
Same anon from last night. Goto the last thread to get screencaps of wargear/fact checks
>>
File: Revolver Ocelot.png (7MB, 3072x1480px)
Revolver Ocelot.png
7MB, 3072x1480px
>>
>>43868803
I'm happy to take questions and post pics. Unfortunately a Prince can only take pistols and melee weapons.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-40-28.png (3MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-40-28.png
3MB, 1440x2560px
>"Reeeeeeeeeeeee" says sha'so Pep'ae meme-star.
>>
>>43868836
Bugger. Thanks anyway. I know that Corsairs have access to Relics from the DE, Eldar, and Harlequin Codexes, but do they have a list of their own?

I'd be super-interested to see any pictures of the Corsair army list, especially their weirder unique units instead of just vehicles.
>>
File: 1207366449886.png (30KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1207366449886.png
30KB, 800x600px
>>43868843
>>
File: prince1.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
prince1.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43868865
Corsairs do not have relics but the Prince Paths serve a similar purpose.
>>
File: prince2.jpg (2MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
prince2.jpg
2MB, 2204x3920px
>>43868926
>>
File: laughing rusemen.png (28KB, 443x395px) Image search: [Google]
laughing rusemen.png
28KB, 443x395px
>>43866096

>All that crying about Tau wank last night
>From people who hadn't even read it
>Turns out it's nothing, but a dead space pope

It's comical how bad /tg/ has gotten. So fucking easy to bait thread after thread. Literally any excuse to cry about xenos will be indulged.
>>
>>43868779

50% of all the Imperium's forces retreating bit the dust when they fire the rocket.
>>
File: forceorg.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px)
forceorg.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>43868937
>>
File: 40k_eldar_by_1977manda-d4kijom.jpg (440KB, 1181x881px) Image search: [Google]
40k_eldar_by_1977manda-d4kijom.jpg
440KB, 1181x881px
>>43868926
>St:4

Is that a typo? It can't be, since they've replicated it for the foot and bike-mounted profiles. Are Corsairs just super-jacked compared to regular Eldar?
>>
File: palecourts.jpg (2MB, 2204x3920px)
palecourts.jpg
2MB, 2204x3920px
>>43868944
>>43868945
Just the Prince.
>>
File: aethermancy.jpg (2MB, 2204x3920px)
aethermancy.jpg
2MB, 2204x3920px
>>43868953
>>
File: baron.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
baron.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43868962
>>
File: ghostwalkers.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px)
ghostwalkers.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>43868968
>>
File: malevolent.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
malevolent.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>43868975
>>
>>43868953
I like the Pale Courts a lot. They're a lot more flexible than the standard Warhost, especially since you don't have to sink points into Vypers and Support Batteries if you don't want to.

Halls of Martial Splendor makes Autarchs a little more formidable to boot, which is pretty cool.

>>43868962
I can see these powers provoking a great deal of tears. Some of them are really good.
>>
>>43868943
Also all of the tau who were still planet side except for one shield dome
>>
>>43868943

Plus every civilian, Tau and human alike.
>>
>>43868943
Its a torpedo you pleb
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-26-39.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-27-21-26-39.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>43869010
Cont.
>>
File: 1405088013645.jpg (16KB, 200x231px) Image search: [Google]
1405088013645.jpg
16KB, 200x231px
>>43868942

We were rused. All of us were rused.
>>
>>43868953

I don't understand the utility of the Aspect Lord Shrine. You can bring 3 Aspects and gain no additional benefits? Why wouldn't you just take the old Aspect Formation?
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png (352KB, 493x586px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
352KB, 493x586px
>>43868843
GET OUT OF MY SEPT!!!!!!!!!
>>
Shadowsun is going to end up stuck forever in Ghostkeel after that business with the Callidus Assassin. I'm calling it now.
>>
>>43869026
Because it's a core formation which fits into a Warhost detachment.
>>
>>43869026
Presumably it's so, if you choose the The Strong Stand Alone option as well, you don't completely shut yourself off from Aspect Warriors. I suspect it's mostly for people who want to create armies based around a very narrow theme.
>>
>>43869034

Least her and Farsight can have mech sex one day
>>
>>43869057
>Oh yes, grind that chassis against me girl
>>
File: WITNESS'D.jpg (31KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
WITNESS'D.jpg
31KB, 600x337px
A reminder to my fellow Ork players that we are now allowed to put shokk attack meks on warbikes, has anyone tried it?

I figure it would actually be pretty damn useful, but I've been wrong before.
>>
>>43868983
Can you make a photo for the Hornet rules?
>>
File: WRRRRRRRRY.jpg (77KB, 610x805px)
WRRRRRRRRY.jpg
77KB, 610x805px
So what's the actual factual lowdown on the new lore from this new Tau book thing?

Anything interesting?

>mfw hearing about the new eversor story
>>
File: hornet.jpg (1MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
hornet.jpg
1MB, 3920x2204px
>>43869099
>>
>>43869176
I know it's a bit much, but could you give us the whole Corsair army list?
>>
File: Dude, let me in. I'm a fairy.jpg (43KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
Dude, let me in. I'm a fairy.jpg
43KB, 400x367px
>>43869232

Seconding this. My dick is so hungry for Corsairs.
>>
>>43868926
Hey man do you have the wraithknight weapons? I never got to see the melta one.
>>
>>43866698
>>43866719
It is.

Source: I'm an alpha player
>>
File: 1429389604889.png (814KB, 1024x768px)
1429389604889.png
814KB, 1024x768px
>>43869232
>>43869244
I'll post everything else in about 30 mins. Got some stuff to do first.
>>
File: 1281308319279.jpg (108KB, 600x600px)
1281308319279.jpg
108KB, 600x600px
>>43869267
Brilliant, thanks!
>>
>>43868953
Not sure I understand this list, it's three guardian squads mandatory right? Or do you switch it up with the various options below?
>>
>>43869267

Anyone know if the Jetbike rules are floating around somewhere? Are corsair bikes still troops\all able to take scatter lasers?
>>
>>43868761
The Tau won the ground war convincingly. The Imperials got salty and blew up everything.

As for the Tyranids, they are only a threat to the Tau on the other side of the firewall. Like we have seen in Shield of Baal, Tyranids are not immune to an ocean of plasma.
>>
File: banshee .png (30KB, 613x600px) Image search: [Google]
banshee .png
30KB, 613x600px
>>43869267

Stay based.
>>
>>43868983
Eldar death company.

Based Forge World.
>>
File: jetbikes.jpg (48KB, 720x872px)
jetbikes.jpg
48KB, 720x872px
>>43869302
>>
>>43868779
>Tau pirric victory. Close battle till end and then Exterminatus!!!
> Cadia regiments actually more than a good foe vs tau. Actuallly a much better oponent that the Kauyon SM.
>Skytari/AdMech a 300% real asholes. Giving giant middle finger to IG and SM in the middle of battle, and latter to the Tau.
>Obsidian Knight, the ultimate Mary Sue.
>>
>>43868962
>Eldar get Lash of Submission
That's some fucking bullshit.
>Eldar get the ability to teleport anywhere on the table and assault afterward
Is this real? Forgeworld is just fucking with, us, right?
>Eldar can force enemy units back into reserves
Fuck this game.
>>
>>43869300
The basic formation is made up of a Farseer and three Guardian Squads. However, the two Craftworld Traits you choose can modify that - if you chose Tomb-Ship of Fallen Heroes and Graveyard of Dreams, you could take a Wraithseer and three units of Wraithblades instead.
>>
>>43869176
WHY WOULD YOU EVER TAKE A STAR CANNON OVER A PULSE LASER???

Forge World I love you guys but damn, you dumb sometimes.
>>
>>43869337
The Cadians did good because they outnumbered the Tau by a large margin and they caught them by surprise. Most of the Tau forces were elsewhere.
>>
>>43869267
Alright, I'm making a Luna Wolves army to use as both 30k and 40k. In 40k, which Chapter Tactics do I run them with to make it Canon-friendly. Essentially, they're a lost Expeditionary Fleet that got sucked 10,000 years into the future. I'm currently thinking of a few different ones at the moment:

1) Salamanders (the Master Crafted weapons to reference that they have pristene Golden Age of Technology weapons, and the 4+ Feel No Pain to reference the fact that they are wearing MKIII stuff that is essentially solid blocks of Ceremite)
2) Red Hunters (naturally, the Inquisition are all-over a bunch of Traitor-descendants, so they drafted them in to work for them in exchange for not getting Cyclonic missiles shoved up their collective asses. It also works because of their ability to change their tactics on the fly.)
Star Phantoms/Fire Hawks (in 30k, they are deep-strike based, so tactics that helps them deep-strike)
4) Ultramarines (Luna Wolves were supposed to be good all-rounders. Ultramarines are best for this.)
>>
>>43869338

Firstly it's not Codex: Craftworlds getting this, it's Corsairs. Secondly, the ability to assault from DS has been kicking around for a while with Marines, Deldar and Harlies. World is yet to end because of it.
>>
>>43869356
Yeah, but actually i really like the narrative in this one. The cadia commander were actually really good. In the kauyon book, looks like the tau were playing all the time with the SM.
>>
>>43869360
Have you considered Star Phantoms?

I don't actually play them, but as far as I am aware, Luna Wolves focussed on overwhelming assaults and brilliant deepstriking. Star Phantoms do this really well, if you look up their tactics.
>>
>>43869176
Thank you
>>
>>43869370
>Firstly it's not Codex: Craftworlds getting this, it's Corsairs.

To be fair, it's not difficult for a Craftworld army to ally in a Void Dreamer.

>>43869337
>Skytari/AdMech a 300% real asholes. Giving giant middle finger to IG and SM in the middle of battle, and latter to the Tau.

Details? I want to see what my crazy tin men got up to.
>>
Checking back in after a few weeks away. So the novels archive is still dead? Well that sucks.

Not like they've released any books since Deathfire anyway.
>>
>>43869383
Admech abandoned the guard and marines to loot Tau technology.

You know, the usually.
>>
>>43869335
And again, why would you EVER take anything apart from the dissonance cannon? It's by far the best choice!

And it's not even the most expensive option, which is the fucking dark lance at twice the price. WHY???

Do they ever proofread their shit?
>>
>>43869337
Pask is alive. But is really funny, in the begining we already know that in the end longstrike was going to rekt the imperial ace commander.
> Pask always wreck the tank that command.
>>
>>43869331
>As for the Tyranids, they are only a threat to the Tau on the other side of the firewall.
Has Hive Fleet Jormungandr taught you nothing? Have you forgotten about Ravenors and Lictors?
>>
>>43869383

Yeah, but the psychic powers specifically say they can only target units with the Eldar Corsair Faction. It's not like you'll be teleporting wraithblades and shit.
>>
>>43869401

Profile on a dissonance cannon?
>>
>>43869373
I did put Star Phantoms, I just forgot to put a 3) before it because I suck dicks.
>>
>>43869421
I believe it's strength 7 AP 4 or such but it's real grab is for every successful hit these weapons go up one in strength and down one in AP.

So you have a potential of shooting ten strength 10 AP 1 shots every turn.

>>43869425
My mistake sorry.
>>
>>43869421
St5 AP4 according to earlier rumours, but both stats improve by one for every hit, like Vibro-cannons do. So if you've got a squad of six and four hit, they'll be resolved at St9 AP1.

That said I wouldn't call it the best choice by far. St6 spam is so powerful that it's hard to beat Scatter Lasers. Personally I'm tempted by Splinter Cannons, though, since they're cheap and kick out so many shots.
>>
>>43869408
It's a space firewall the size of a sector. Can Ravenors and Lictors dig through reality? Can they make big enough holes for hive ships to fit in them?
>>
>>43869370
>Firstly it's not Codex: Craftworlds getting this, it's Corsairs
Good thing I said Eldar and not Craftworlds then.
>Secondly, the ability to assault from DS has been kicking around for a while with Marines, Deldar and Harlies
This isn't even assaulting from deep strike (which is highly regulated even in the few cases that it's possible). This is assaulting after being moved to wherever you want on the battlefield with no chance of scatter and the only drawback being that you MIGHT take a few hits that you get to make saves against.
>>
ok guys I got to ask, are Dark Eldar truly that bad? from what ive been watching they look not to bad and can actually kick some ass if kitted out right.
>>
>>43869408
What have Raveners and Lictors to do?

The firewall he's talking about is a ball of plasma the size of the damocle gulf. It's not something on a planet level.
>>
>>43869383
In first grand engament they march along IG and the SM. They scrap several tau tech and then active his beacon out of the battle, leaving his flank open to the tau counter-attack.
And they do this TWICE.

They ultimate "sugest" exterminatus when 50% of the Imperial guard force where still in the planet looking for extraction.

So a real motherfucker assholes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWaqxsFJhEg

More Eternal Crusade Stuff
>0:10
>Orks
>Eldar
>>
>>43869446
They are fairly monobuild and are fairly lacklustre yeah.

They are very glass cannon but the cannon part is very lacking honestly.

They are playable though. Just don't play Tau.
>>
>>43869446
> are Dark Eldar truly that bad?

No. They're not as powerful as the top-tier books like Craftworld Eldar or Necrons, and suffer from being released during one of GW's intermittent periods of stripped down, back-to-basics, minimal special rules and upgrade choices rules design, but they remain a solid mid-level book with a wide variety of units and a very fun supplement.
>>
>>43869443
>>43869448
Space Hulk the Lictors right in orbit of the Tau worlds, and have a tendril of Leviathan go under the galatic plane and bypass the firewall. The Ravenors dig under the Tidewall.
>>
>>43869445
>Good thing I said Eldar and not Craftworlds then.

So what are you even mad about then? That yet another book got a thing, which has been a thing for two fucking years?

>This isn't even assaulting from deep strike (which is highly regulated even in the few cases that it's possible). This is assaulting after being moved to wherever you want on the battlefield with no chance of scatter and the only drawback being that you MIGHT take a few hits that you get to make saves against.

So you're mad about deep strike without scatter at the cost of D6 wounds for every 6 inches? You are a fucking idiot. I guess Harlies and Deldar are a top tier army then.
>>
File: 14338561298560.jpg (65KB, 852x640px) Image search: [Google]
14338561298560.jpg
65KB, 852x640px
>>43869461
>Orks, Eldar
>Never actually shown while game reached 2 years of "development"
>>
>>43869501
>D6 wounds for every 6 inches?

No, you roll a D6 for every 6" you move; on a 1, the unit takes a single wound that can be saved. Considering most Corsair units have 4+ saves, and from what I've heard many can upgrade to 3+, it's virtually no risk whatsoever.
>>
>>43869537
In fairness too though you will be tossing at best the Eldar DC at the enemy. They are still toughness three bodies. With not THAT hard of a hit in melee.

It's good against Tau gunlines though I will say that.
>>
>>43869501
>So you're mad about deep strike without scatter at the cost of D6 wounds for every 6 inches?
Learn how to read before calling other people idiots.
>>
File: 1442336995371.jpg (9KB, 215x199px) Image search: [Google]
1442336995371.jpg
9KB, 215x199px
>>43868823
>Filename
>MGSfag, interest piqued
>What the fuck is he talkin abo-
>mfw
>>
>>43869553

Point still stands. It's a worse version of what mediocre codices have.
>>
>>43868843
Fuck's going on here? Is Aun'Va mindfucking someone and his own guard is begging him to stop?
>>
>>43869578
I don't get it.
>>
>>43869589
No, not it is not. It is very good.

I would go as far as saying I would take this over a webway portal.
>>
>>43869547
>They are still toughness three bodies.

I've never found that to be particularly relevant, honestly. Generally speaking, Eldar assault units will be aiming to wipe out, or at least cripple, the enemy unit before it can strike back against their low toughness.
>>
>>43869595
You

see

>>43868692
>>
>>43869595

Culexus-chan is ripping some souls out.
>>
>>43869599
Fire Warrior Shas'ui on the far right edge
>You're pretty good
>>
>>43869608
Oh snap, nifty artwork. Thank you!
>>
>>43869601

Why? What does it possibly have over webway portal? You don't have to cast that and it doesn't kill your guys for the same benefits.
>>
>>43869610
lol I din't see it.
>>
>>43869607
Aiming to and actually achieving are two different things. Off the top of my head the only units that do that really well are the Harlequins and reaver jet bikes.

Mind you if you are playing Eldar right you will be aiming for the enemy's weak spots, not their strong points.
>>
>people in the Natfka comments saying SW deserve and update more than Chaos and that their model ranges are in comparable states
Is there any playerbase worse than the yiffers?
>>
About to dump whole corsair army list and some other stuff.
>>
>>43869619
Um gee duh I dunno... Maybe because I can unload a whole squad of wraithguard into a Tau gunline turn one? Maybe because that wound thing is so rare it will probably barely ever happen?

How can you not see the advantages this has over a webway portal? You don't have to wait until turn two to roll for it to possibly come in. Where then the unit will sit there for a turn unable to melee.

So no, not the same benefits.
>>
>>43869625

Natfka commenters are mentally ill. Remind them that Space Yiffs riding giant wolves in plastic happened before Berserkers riding Juggernauts, despite the fact the latter have been part of the game since RT.
>>
>>43869625
Well there's Sisters

But seriously, SW got their update for this edition and Chaos are in a shitty spot right now compared to the other codexes. Plus there's nothing wrong with SWs model range.
>>
>>43869645
Shadow Spectres. Note the 1 wound Exarch.
>>
>>43869675
Hate to be a dick but... Could you retake that one? The statline got blurred.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.01.00.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.01.00.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869675
Irillyth
>>
>>43869646
>Maybe because I can unload a whole squad of wraithguard into a Tau gunline turn one?

Are those in the corsairs book? If not then you can't target them with the power.
>>
>>43869694
Point stands. Turn one melee. They have those malevolent bands.
>>
>>43869675
Hmm. Gonna assume that's a misprint. Might be worth shooting an email off to Forge World about it.

Still, good to see that their points have been cut, and Shadow of Death is built-in automatically.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.01.13.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.01.13.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869688
All Aspect Warriors have identical stats m80
>>43869689
Bel-Annath
>>
>>43869711
Well clearly not because they messed up the wounds.
>>
>>43869711
Oh and out of question does it say anything about them joining the aspect shrine formation?
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.01.32.jpg (2MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.01.32.jpg
2MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869711
Coterie Specs
>>
So Mont'ka presented the Callidus versus Shadowsun, Culexus versus Aun'Va and the Vindicare and Eversor against Farsight but Darkstrider caught up to the Vindicare.

Who killed whom then?
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.01.39.jpg (2MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.01.39.jpg
2MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869728
Special Rule 1/3
>>
>>43869711
Bel-Annath looks interesting. Running a more aggressive, in-your-face Farseer could be a nice change, though the lack of Guide hurts.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.01.43.jpg (2MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.01.43.jpg
2MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869743
Special Rules 2/3
>>
>>43869741
You

see

>>43869198
>>
>>43869703

Your point was that you were going to teleport OP stuff from another book despite the rules specifically forbidding it. I'm pretty sure that's a completely wrong point.
>>
>>43869757
No the point was that you can have turn one melee. That was the point. So point stands.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.01.52.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.01.52.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869752
Special Rules 3/3
>>
>>43869760
Corsair Reavers
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.02.29.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.02.29.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869765
Dedicated Transports
>>
>>43869755
Holy shit.

For being a Tau-centric book, they get proper fucked up. So much for propaganda.
>>
How much radiation does it take to kill a Tau? And generally any information on Tau biology.
>>
>>43869758
>Um gee duh I dunno... Maybe because I can unload a whole squad of wraithguard into a Tau gunline turn one? Maybe because that wound thing is so rare it will probably barely ever happen?

So you never said this then? It was literally your first point.
>>
>>43869773
Voidstorm Squad. Not sure what use these guys have desu.
>>
>>43869760
That Void Saber, wow. A Princess with four St5 AP3 Rending attacks a turn in CC? Very nice.
>>
>>43869792
Wasp Walkers
>>
>>43869788
Five radiations.
>>
>>43869757
Did I mention it also can't be intercepted?

>>43869791
The point was turn one melee. You dumb fuck. Jesus Christ you do suck at reading comprehension.

It wouldn't matter if I had said my long lost uncle, the point was turn one goddamn melee.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.03.01.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.03.01.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869798
Vyper and Nightwing
>>
>>43869806
Balestrike Band. Scourges on suicide watch.
>>
Thanks for all the pictures anon. Hopefully someone is gonna PDF this bitch together :)
>>
>>43869792
I suspect they're probably just there to placate those players who converted up a unit when the Corsair list was first released.
>>
>>43869815
Phoenix Bomber and Hornet
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.03.20.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.03.20.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869829
Lynx
>>
>>43869815
They are like a cross between Scourges and Swooping Hawks. And jet pack infantry.

Basically they are what scourges should be.
>>
>>43869848
Warp Hunter and Night Spinner
>>
>>43869741

All of the Assasins died cept Mr Culexus who pulled off his mission and presumbly escaped.

>Inb4 people start running armies of 12 Culexus's
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.03.29.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.03.29.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869860
Fire Storm and Fire Prism
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.03.36.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.03.36.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869869
Vampire Raider
>>
>>43869786
Well, was most like we ultimate kick imperial ass, but you know the people on terra are very salty, so Exterminatus.

One interesating think, is that look like the Tau armada finally can match the imperial fleet power if they are match in equal terms.
>>
>>43869879
Mymeara Battlehost
>>
>>43869894
Oh holy shit sweet.
>>
Is there Wraithseer in this book?
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.03.49.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.03.49.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869894
New Warhost Options
>>
Okay so whilst I have the book in my hand I'm not sure I'm getting this: Is the Damocles Gulf on fire now? Like, the entire Gulf? In space?

Is the Gulf a nebula? A Nebula so big you can't just go round it? Why would that even slow down warp travel when the warp is a parallel universe? What is happening? What?
>>
>>43868962
Warp tunnel looks so baller
>Turn 1, corsairs wraithknight move 12
>warp tunnel wraith knight 24", maybe lose 1 wound if unlucky
>shoot and then assault
Is this the new meta?
>>
>>43869894
Jesus why couldn't the main codex core be like this???

This is so much better, I'm not forced to take war walkers, vypers and support batteries.
>>
>>43869924
>corsairs wraithknight move 12

Corsairs can't take Wraithknights.
>>
>>43869917
My dick is rock hard.
>>
>>43869917
Fuck street signs
>>
>>43869920
GW can't into science, logic, nor reason. What's new?
>>
>>43867205
Tfw when you will never get to play a tournament of all biker armys
>>
>>43869944
No plus one BS?

Odd.
>>
>>43869944
Number of Phoenix Bombers is 2.
>>
>>43869920
There are multiple nebulas that were ignited in the Gulf. The whole thing is a firewall.

The firewall won't stop Warp travel but it will stop unprotected Tau travel.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.04.06.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.04.06.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869958
>>
>>43869958
Jesus Christ.
>>
>>43869801

>Me being completely unable to read the rules is beside the point
>I'll shift goal posts as much as I like

Whatever you dense cunt. Watch this be about as prominent in tournaments as every other DS assault gimmick. You're acting as if something that needs to be cast is as reliable as webway portal, which doesn't fail, inflict wounds or roll on an enhanced perils chart and can't be used with half as many melee squads. But no, why Deep Strike Raiders wherever you need them when you can do a bunch of psychic bullshit that might not work or even fuck you over.
>>
>>4386992
This fire don´t slow warp travel. But the tau don´t have wrap travel capability.

Tau develop a shield that allow his warships travel along the fire, but is very scarce right now.

In the end is a way to isolate the gulf and slow the tau expansion. On the next codex for sure, we will see another FTL tau development that overcome this nebula on fire
>>
>>43869331
Its not a fire wall, your sector IS on fire.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.04.11.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.04.11.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869968
Special new Support Choice option
>>
>>43869958
I, uh, I'm gonna need more Warp Hunters.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.04.16.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.04.16.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43869984
>>
>>43869976
What the fuck ever I goddamn knew this reply was coming.

It's a fucking great ability. You are an incredibly dense fucking cunt who can't read between the lines and misinterpreted the rule to begin with calling other people idiots.

Go fuck yourself. And learn to fucking read.
>>
>>43869993
Wraithseer
>>
>>43870007
Right... Is there any special clause that allows this dude to join squads even though he is a monstrous creature? Or does independent character override that?
>>
>>43870007
Foreboding is Assault D6
>>
Quick question because it's so annoying to read on my .epub reader: Can a mont'ka tau army field a "taucurion" without having to take strike or breacher teams? Or am I limited to a CAD +formations for an all-suit army?
>>
>>43870024
Monstrous Creatures can never join units unless they, or the unit, has a Special Rule that specifically allows them to. Still, given that he's almost two thirds as tough as a Wraithknight while being much harder to hide out of LoS that shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.05.23.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.05.23.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>43870024
I think he is stuck by himself.
>>43870027
Revenant Titan 900 pts
>>
>>43869965

A: Tau travel is still warp travel, it just doesn't transition as deep.

B: It is in fact totally possible to fit a spaceship in between two nebulas.

C: ????????????
>>
>>43870042
>>43870045
Gah we will have to email FW then I guess.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.05.36.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.05.36.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>43870045
Phantom Titan
>>
>>43870041
I'd on PC, use readium, it's an app that works with chrome. It works pretty good and apparently you can convert it to PDF, but I have no idea how
>>
>>43870057
Jesus Christ. That is fucking horrific.
>>
>>43870061
If on PC..... Fucking autocorrect

No idea on tablet/phone which app to use
>>
File: 1448712917993 (1).png (6MB, 1538x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1448712917993 (1).png
6MB, 1538x2048px
>>43870041

Farsight can deploy the Retaliation cadre as core.
>>
>>43870047
The Tau skim the warp in short jumps. Each time they resurface from their short jumps they would wade through tides of plasma.

Like the other anon side, it's a sector worth of fire.
>>
File: Dynamic Entry.png (3MB, 1154x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Dynamic Entry.png
3MB, 1154x1078px
Is it just fire or something else? We don't have the details. It might have fucked up the Warp in the area.
>>
>>43870079

Or

They could just fly around the nebulae.

Even by space fantasy logic, it is not possible whilst maintaining internal consistency for this to be a thing that happened.
>>
File: 2015-11-28 15.05.51.jpg (1MB, 2204x3920px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 15.05.51.jpg
1MB, 2204x3920px
>>43870057
Weapon profiles. That's the last. There is some stuff left out such as the Craftworld version of certain vehicles but they are just the same minus the other faction weapons and they take vehicle upgrades from the Eldar Codex.
>>
>>43870057
>Stated to have one star cannon

>May replace "any" star cannon for a pulse laser

Um...
>>
>>43870092

Now see, "caused a warp storm" I would buy.

SPACE IS FIRE STOOPID BLUEBERRIES CANT MOVE, I do not buy.
>>
>>43869930
what about those pictures floating about of the wraithknight with those fancy warp spider-esque guns, is that not a corsair thing?
>>
>>43870113
see
>>43870027

>>43870092
>destabilized space
ohh, sounds like an invitation for daemons
>>
>>43870105

Gets a starcannon on it's glaive.
>>
>>43870100
This is brilliant, thank you very much!
>>
>>43870100
I'll answer any questions or take reasonable requests for pics for the next hour or so.
>>43870113
The Skathach Wraithknight is a variant for the Craftworld Eldar one. Only they can use it.
>>
>>43870153
Why does the thumbnail look like someone with a metal lower jaw holding up two pistols?
>>
>>43870096
Tau travel too slowly. Making them go around is almost as good as stopping them period. So I would guess, anyway.
>>
>>43870041
No, because even if Farsight Enclaves makes battlesuits troops it doesn't alter the formation requirements.

Farsight Enclaves does, however, have its own decurion-style detachment, which does let you take the Retaliation Cadre (ie. commander and 3 battlesuit units, 1 broadside unit and a riptide) as your core formation instead of the standard Hunter Cadre. You lose the awesome decurion bonus, though, and the Optimised Stealth Cadre, although it does have some other nice formations.

btw, anybody notice the few changes they made to FSE special rules? Namely, you now may take the FSE signature systems instead of regular ones, rather than must take them, and Riptides can no longer take any signature systems despite the Earth Caste Piloting Array still lettign you reroll the nova reactor rolls (might be just because O'vesa still has the wargear).
>>
File: Thieving Magpie.png (3MB, 1922x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Thieving Magpie.png
3MB, 1922x1044px
>>43870143

That would be a good explanation for why they haven't used this toy against Abaddon.
>>
>>43870042
AFAIK, there is no rule preventing a monstrous creature from joining a unit, merely one that prevents ICs joining monstrous creatures. So O'vesa and the few other characters that are both ICs and MCs could still join an infantry unit, as long as it contains no other ICs.
>>
>>43870192
Wraithseer is not an IC however.
>>
>>43869997
>Go fuck yourself. And learn to fucking read.

Says the man that thought he could teleport wraithguard.
>>
>>43870153
Is bran redmaw in that book?
>>
>>43870217
He's a big guy.
>>
So where is Shadow Chapter Master Shrike's extra wound, extra attack and Orbital Bombardment then?
>>
>>43869461
>>43869529
I'm pretty sure that the modelers and animators are too shitty to actually make Orks and Eldar. SM/CSM are basically ripped from Space Marine and vehicles are nothing but metal boxes
>>
>>43867154
I'm interested in this, gonna look them up
>>
>>43870244

Brian Redmaw
>>
>>43870244
So the guy turns into a fucking werewolf? That's pretty rad.
>>
>>43869869
>Wargear: Fire storm scatter laser
>Box gives profile for "fire storm laser array"
gj team
>>
>>43867633
Dude, I've seen Space Wolves beat Khorne Daemonkin too many times to put them bellow. And anyway, as a Khorne player, I'd say CSM and w/ Daemon allies are better. It allows more Versatility.
>>
Can I ask a stupid question about the pale courts (>>43868953). Am I right in thinking the auxiliary and command choices are the ones in the main Craftworlds codex, not the ones in the Mymeara book? It's the "The strong stand alone" that's confusing me, as unless you want a warp hunter you can just take an Engines of Vaul auxiliary selection to get around the restriction as I understand it.
>>
>>43867633
>IG and GK not dumpster fire tier
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8
>>
File: 1445808447805.jpg (84KB, 410x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445808447805.jpg
84KB, 410x500px
this thread is pretty boring, post your face when your warlord gets killed yet again
>>
File: 1400391598129.jpg (69KB, 446x320px) Image search: [Google]
1400391598129.jpg
69KB, 446x320px
>>43870641
>>
>>43870175
Sorry, the must still use FSE ones, the wording's just a bit weird. It says that if they may take signature systems, they use FSE ones. Still only applies to characters, though, so bodyguards can take regular Tau ones. FSE signature systems are pretty iffy now, though, as Riptides can no longer take the ECPA, whcih was the really good one. Warscaper Drone is nice, though.

However one intresting thing is that aside from the Dawn Blade Contingent, which is alwasy a Farsight detachment, you can say that any detachment or formation in your army is from FSE. So I believe you could take the Hunter Contingent and have some of the formations that it's composed of use FSE rules and others the basic Tau Empire ones.
>>
>>43867693
Flying Circus+ mantas
>>
File: wensleydale.gif (427KB, 320x240px)
wensleydale.gif
427KB, 320x240px
>>43868953
>Graveyard of Dreams
>Tombship of fallen heros
>>
Nid players should be happy that montka just pretty much confirmed they getting a 2016 push
>>
>>43870667
It's like being able to play an Iyanden army without your opponent wanting to punch you.

>>43870712
I'm not holding my breath. Odds are the Codex won't get the full rewrite it needs, and we'll just have a few new (but probably pointless) units and a Decurion bolted on the side.
>>
File: wewlad.png (143KB, 1745x581px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
143KB, 1745x581px
The goyim know!!
>>
>>43870774
What a ponce
>>
File: scared.png (955KB, 906x729px) Image search: [Google]
scared.png
955KB, 906x729px
>>43870057
>>
>>43870774
it's almost like some people have morals. on a side note i would love a skipping wraithknight spewing death everywhere but i don't play eldar of any sort
>>
So I'm the guy with the nids who had questions earlier, here's another one:

Hive Tyrants can take two sets of weapons. But if you take wings, one of his arm slots are full. I've read that he can still take two weapons despite the wings. Is that true, or is it only one set?
>>
>>43870810
It's correct. The stock model has a pair of Scything Talons built into his feet as the second weapon.
>>
>>43870774
>it makes the real dark city look like a petting zoo
>you can google "40k General /tg/" if you want, I'm sure they'll end up in a more respectable place sooner or later.
We're not that bad are we? Minus one unsavory individual we're not that bad.
>>
>>43870810

you can still take two sets, gw just likes to confuse people building them.
>>
>>43870833

These generals have been a fucking disgrace for the past couple of months. Last thread was people getting mad about conjecture over a book none of them had read.
>>
>>43869089
It's an expensive choice for something that can just poof out of existence on double ones.
>>
>>43870831
>>43870849
That's great, thanks.
>>
Now that it's officially out, can anyone please update me on who actually died in Montka? I am in Curaçao without a laptop where I can actually download the pdf.

Also it rained hard as fuck here in Curaçao screwing up all the water systems here. Been using the water from the pool in our villa and bottled water for stuff. Is it okay for me to use pool water for all the painting stuff or will the chloroform fuck things up? Need to know if I need to make another trip to the store for more bottled water or not.
>>
>>43870863
Eh only two days left before December starts. Hopefully next month will have better quality generals.
>>
>>43870888

Aun'va
Billions of Tau
50% of the Imperium Forces
>>
>>43868722
SCAN THAT SHIT, ANON, I'VE WAITED TOO LONG. namely, can you take multiple princes? And are barons independent characters? Lastly, the psychic table please.
>>
>>43870943
I would love a scan too, but we'll have to wait for scan bro to finish his Horus heresy books before he gets to ia 11. Photos will have to be suffice
>>
>>43870943
All your questions would be answered if you took the time to read the thread.
>>
>>43870774
>there are people IN THIS THREAD coming fresh from various hugbox forums
>>
So if a corsair can take 4 pistols how many can he fire in one shooting phase?
>>
>>43867633
Someone posted an idea a while back about re-doing the Tyranids so that only important creatures occupy force org slots and you buy Gaunts, Rippers, and Gargoyles as honour guard / wargear for the big creatures. I can't get the idea out of my head because it makes perfect sense to me.
>>
>>43871047
2, gunslinger rules are in effect for cool 80s shootouts
>>
Thank you very much for the scans of Mymeara.
Is there something interesting for the IG in it?
>>
>>43871068
It would serve absolutely no purpose, though. It isn't hard to take an extra Combined Arms detachment if you need additional force org chart slots. The problems facing the Tyranid codex run much, much deeper.
>>
>>43870888
Aun'va died, although the Tau are covering up his death. He'll probably eventually get replaced with a new etheral supreme, but for now they're pretending he's still alive.
He's the only character with a model to die, although Pask is mentioned to have gotten gravely injured when his tank got blown up.
From the named characters introduced in the campaign, the colonel leading the IG on the planet dies (he's among the guardsment who don't make it off-planet before Admech uses their superweapon), as does the pathfinder team leader from the Burning Dawn box set (he prevents a Calidus assassin from killing Shadowsun by shielding her with his body).
Aside from that, at least two superheavy tanks and a shitton of Knights (mentioned to have been the largest numbers the house had lost in a single battle since the Horus Heresy) are destroyed, plus a large but indetermined number of Tau, guardsmen and marines and 3 of the 4 assassins (Culexus completes his mission by killing Aun'va and presumably exctracts when the Imperium retreats). In space, at least one light cruiser is lost with all hands on deck, and another cruiser is severely damaged and forced to retreat. The Tau loose all their orbital defence stations.
After all the crucial stuff (their own troops, marines and war machines) is evacuated, Admech deploys an archeotech torpedo that creates a planetwide firestorm, killing millions of Tau (everybody not in the planetary capital, which was protected by an energy shield; Shadowsun and other names characters were safely inside the shield so they survive), as well as all the guardsmen still on the planet (about 50% of the evacuating force), then use a bigger version of the weapon to ignite the nebulas of the Damucles Gulf, preventing the Tau from safely crossing it again, at least untill the Earth Caste develops better sheilds to protect their ships (they already have shields that allow them to theoretically survive the passage, but the failure rate is very high).
>>
Mymeara anon, is General Odon back?
>>
File: 2015-11-28 18.09.35.jpg (2MB, 3920x2204px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-28 18.09.35.jpg
2MB, 3920x2204px
>>43871169
Yes, take a look.
>>
>>43871216
What's the minimum size of a Voidstorm Band? I assume it's five models, but the photo cut the number off, so I wanted to be sure.
>>
>>43871272
Yeah it's 5 models
>>
What's the most competitive blood angel list I can possibly build? I want to shit on my power gamer meta with the imperium's shittiest. Tau and Eldar need to fear the worst book in 7th.
>>
The mymeara guardian battlehost gives the "on lonely paths and fortress of discipline" special rules, but what is the wording on those special rules?, i cant find em anywhere.
>>
>>43871441
Disregard this post, the answer is in the pale courts rules.
>>
>>43869401
D-cannons look cool, but 75 points for 18 splinter cannon shots looks juicy.
>>
>>43870175
>Pag. 197 "Models with BATTLESUIT ONLY..."

If i remember, riptides is type of battlesuit, So yes, Riptides still can take ECPA.
>>
>>43871487
>>43869401
The dissonance cannons look a lot less nasty now we know it's only +1S/-1AP on 6s to hit, not every hit like vibro cannons. (Here>>43869752 if you're wondering.)
>>
How are librarians in a pure Ravenwing lists?

Thinking about bringing one to ride with my Interrogator chap in the Ravenwing command squad for 1250.

I never used a pskyer before? Which power would I hope to roll for?

Can I have two Mace's of redemptions in the same CAD?

I have a Sammael I was originally going to take but if I get a librarian (or tell people my sammael is a librarian?) I could bring two attack bikes with meltas to add to the lone land speeder (and give that two meltas) on my list for a Ravenwing Attack Squad formation
>>
>>43871136
As a newbie Tyranid player, what sort of problems are there? I've just been buying what sounds/looks cool and playing with my brothers. My list:

Flyrant with twin-linked brainleech devs

1 Warrior brood of 3. (from battlebox)
-lash whip/bonesword + rending claws
-Venom Cannon + Scytals
-Boneswords + deathspitter

1 brood of 9 Genestealers (battlebox)
-Adrenal glands on all
-Rending claws on all
-1 Ymgarl factor
-1 Broodlord with Adrenal and Rending

1 12-unit hormagaunt squad
-Adrenal glands

1 carnifex (battlebox)
-Stranglethorn cannon
-bone mace

I realize this is probably horribly unoptimized, but the battlebox units were built that way so that's what I did, mostly.
>>
>>43871494
But Riptides don't have the option to choose signature systems. Old FSE book had a mention under the signature systems that Riptides in a FSE list could take them despite not being character or having access to signature systems normally, but they've removed that in the Mont'ka rules.
The line is kind of weird, though, as there are no non-battlesuit units that could take signature systems to begin with (only commanders, bodyguards and XV8 squad leaders have the option to take them).
>>
>>43868975
What are the stats for the Eldar Longrifle?
They don't appear to be in the list.
>>
>>43871576
Yes I Know. I can see a quick FAQ comming. In this description still mention the Nova reactor rule.

In the other side, maybe is to avoid abuse, because you know, you now can combine Empire a FE troops more or less freely.
>>
>>43871657
>>43871576
Yes, you can mix FSE and empire signature system more easy.
>>
>>43870971
I think I remember Scanbro saying at some point that he doesn't do the IA books, as he's only interested in the heresy stuff. Mind you, that's just what I remember being said, so I might be wrong.
>>
>>43871416
If you're allowed to take Devastator Centurions take them with grav cannons they are mad points efficient. Also run Skyhammer Annihilation force if you're allowed. Also have a small group of scouts for Scout/Infiltrate/Outflank shenanigans. Idea here's bringing heavy ranged firepower while you use the assault shit BA can do to help support that. It's like playing an MMORPG. Usual BA assault stuff tanks, Heavy Support guys are DPS, Librarian or two for healer support shit, Scouts for CC/kiting.

>>43871153
>>43870908
Thanks loves. Damn Culexus assassins are on a roll. May replace my Vindicare in my Rogue Trader army with one. Idk, which assassin fits best for a "keep watch on this crazy ass Rogue Trader crew?"
>>
>>43871576
>>43871681
FSE actually act like the Shield of Ball formations and the necron codex, you can mixed more or less frelly.

Aparentely GW do chapters for every faction now.
>>
>>43871719

Do I take Mephiston for maximum beardiness? How can I take Dev Cents when they aren't in the codex? Are librarian dreads any good?
>>
>>43871574

Got the flyrant , good , hard not to when its the only unit really talked about. Needs 2 of those weps.

At 1000 points I have two Zoanthropes and a Venomthrope each in their own unit.
Haven't heard anything good about genestealers needs more guants.

Like a shit ton more gaunts. I have 30 Horma and two groups of 20 Termas at 1000 pts.

I also have two 2xtwin-linked brainleech devs Carnifexs but I may drop one and make the termas a group of 30 or whatever and fit in a 2nd dakka tyrant.
>>
>>43870042
As said you can't join MC, but IC MC can join who they want.

>>43870204
He is >>43870007
>>
What is the best Imperial Knight carapace weapon and why?
I'm deciding between the 3 shot krak missile launcher vs. the skyfire autocannon.
Having anti-air is nice but not if it barely works.
>>
>>43871153
Its not planet wide. Its the entire gulf.
>>
>>43871657
O'vesa still has the ECPA, so they could've kept the nova reactor effect for him, making it effectively a special rule for him. Without the rule, though, I don't think the system is really worth it. You pay 30 points to reroll 1s in shooting, which is pretty expensive, and it also drops you ws to 1, which is admittably not a huge penalty when the Tau don't generally want to go to melee anyway.

The FSE signature systems in general are pretty meh.
Warscaper Drone is actually very good, especially for markerlight commander, as you're going to spend so much time hopping in and out of cover that without move through cover you will lose drones to failed dangerous terrain tests. That it also gives you the option of outflanking and makes enemies near it treat difficult terrain as dangerous is a nice bonus.
The Talisman of Arthas Moloch is also actually quite good. While people usually consider psychic defence that doesn't work on blessing to be useless (because according to populat wisdom nobody ever uses anything but blessings), the Tau are pretty suspectible to psychic shriek (which shows up a lot due to being the primaris power in the invisibility school) and ld-affecting psychic powers due to having mediocre ld and few fearless models, so having 4+ deny on all units within 12'' of the bearer is nice. It also works as a slightly worse shield generator that doesn't take a support system slot.
Aside from that, they're not very good, though. Fusion Blades are pretty funny (a commander actually has lot of attacks and ws, so giving all his melee hits s8 ap1 actually makes him suprisingly good at fighting), but expensive and has a 1 in 6 chanse of breaking down whenever you use it, the Seismic Fibrilator Node is expensive and probably only works for 1, at most 2, turns, and the Mirrorcodex is effectively paying 50 points for +1 to seize, with a small chanse of also getting preferred enemy.
>>
>>43871791
Oponent has air? Auto cannons
Oponent on ground? 3 str 8 missles
>>
>>43871752
Well, they still have the restriction that in a FSE detachment you have to use their signature systems and warlord traits, but aside from the Farsight-decurion (which always counts as a Farsight detachment, similarly how the Ws and RG battle companies always count as their respective Chapter) you can freely choose if a detachment or formation is FSE or Tau Empire. I'd presume this would also apply to the individual formations in the Hunter Contingent, so a single Taucurion could have regular Tau and FSE formations.
>>
>>43869752
Well that brings d-cannon bikes down :/ the effect only compounds on a 6 to hit
>>
>>43871755
Motherfuck that BA codex is mad gimped. Ummm look up if you're allowed Skyhammer Annihilation force. If not, give me some time I am out of country in Curaçao so forgive me for being kinda slow but then we can try figuring out what can be built to down specifically a meta army like 4 Wraithknight and Scatbikes.
>>
>>43871793
It's both. The Admech magos hands the admiral the torpedo that causes a firestorm on Agrellan, and then sayd he's going to take his cruiser and use the same technology to "bless" the Damocles Gulf. Shortly after the torpedo has been fired, he does so, igniting the entire Gulf.
>>
>>43871755
Oh and I forgot to say, don't take Mephiston cuz we aren't using Libs here to fight, just for support.
>>
>>43871689
Oh didn't know that, I know he's working on the heresy a started red book. Don't know if he's finished or not, we need another scan bro to do imperial am yes lol
>>
>>43871940
Specially when all the Imperial Armour books are top notch narrative.
>>
>>43872039
I'd settle for rules and army lists only
>>
>>43872107
Yeah don´t worry. It is a matter of time. Thanks for the info BTW
>>
File: Round Four.png (2MB, 1280x990px) Image search: [Google]
Round Four.png
2MB, 1280x990px
I have returned! Ulikar's guts are mine!
>>
>>43867820
>make that RAW you gain a blood point when you lose a character in any way, not only challenges
Holy shit, you're right! That actually makes Daemonkin a army worth considering...
>>
>>43872039
>all
IA1/2/someothers aren't much a narrative at all

It'd be nice to have proper scans of the rest, though, even if that's an expensive project.
>>
>>43872133
Would have been nice if I had a land raider with those Predators.
>>
Actually you know what? I'm fine with the Mont'ka ending now.

Because it means the Imperium had a one of a kind, irreplaceable superweapon capable of turning several million cubic lightyears of space into an impassable wall of superheated plasma...

And the geniuses fired it at an uninhabited region of space.
>>
>>43872191
Well the mayoritie of the IA Books are already in the "public library"
>>
>>43871912

Why? Mephiston is a beast. He fucks nerds up.
>>
>>43872234
Have you read any of them? They're there, but they're photo "scans".

Beggars can't be choosers, but photo scans are ass.
>>
>>43872209
Well, the weapon apparently worke dby igniting the nebulas in the Gulf, so firing it somewhere that doesn't have a huge cloud of gas nearby (which most planets tend not to have) wouldn't probably do much.
Althought they could've saved the "turn a planet's atmosphere into a perpetual firestorm" torpedo on something more imporant than random backwater hive-world 832.
>>
The Tau are now a mini imperium?
>>
>>43872260
If running a typical Blood Angels army yes the guy is fucking amazing. But when trying to be more competitive a lot his skills and advantages are wasted. I say run him only if you have points leftover and replace one of your Librarians with him.

But for running something competitive, okay I am guessing you aren't allowed to Skyhammer, so you needa have these:

-2 to 3 Librarians; they are the most versatile HQ units you have
-At least 1 Scout squad maybe with transport as they are versatile and help objectives wise
-Any number of a combination of Stormtalon and Stormraven as these guys will be the ones who will take care of the Scatbikes/Necron Warriors; equip them for antiair if the Necron player has Nightscythes; Fire Raptor Gunships too if Forge World is allowed
>The rest is filling up requirements and having very heavy melta/grav/lascannon firepower that's to help take out Wraithknights in Eldar army and to take care of Riptides/antiair Tau stuff for example.
>>
take the autocannon, remember it also works against skimmers.
>>
>>43872209
It need a nebula to work with. Good look finding an inhabitated one.
>>
So guys, i need help. was talking to one of my friends from the local gaming community i run, and we came up with a tyranid army for 1000 points, it consists of 1 deathleaper, 9 lictors, and 2 squads of 10 genestealers with broodlords.

the question is now, how the fuck do i play with them, do i start with them all in reserves or what?
>>
File: carapace.png (366KB, 836x508px) Image search: [Google]
carapace.png
366KB, 836x508px
>>43872331
That's not exactly a unique torpedo. Igniting a planet's atmosphere is the second stage of a "regular" life-eater-virus exterminatus.

They've also been shown to use that kind of firestorm bomb against the tyranids.
>>
>>43872331

"Igniting the nebulas in the gulf" not only wouldn't provide a navigational hazard, but so very transparently blantantly wouldn't provide a navigational hazard that the weapon must've done a fuck ton more than that if we are to consider it to have worked at all.
>>
>>43872431

It's cute that you think "a nebula" is a big enough thing to not just go around if you're a faster than light species.
>>
>>43872331

You're expecting whiners to have actually read the fluff.
>>
I have found the Custode armor.
>>
>>43871770
I've got mixed feelings on gaunts. The hormagaunts do their job pretty well as bullet-soakers and distractions, but they usually get smacked down before closing to melee. Though one hormagaunt did manage to kill a terminator who failed all his saving rolls.

Are termagaunts worth any investment?
>>
>>43872613
hormagaunts were better when they could pull turn-one charges off

termagaunts can make use of cover and don't need to suffer like three rounds of shooting to start doing damage

genestealers are shit in most games, but the second you play something like ZM they're fucking choice
>>
>>43872489
First that's a completely different issue. You were complaining about the empire wasting a superweapon on void space while it's been explicitly said that it's a weapon that work by igniting a nebula, so void space is the only place where it works. So your whining is completely stupid.

Second, the Damocle gulf was always been a gigantic space filled with nebulas that were hazardous to Tau space travel and the Tau had to find narrow passages between them to travel.

The whole point of the war for Agrellan was to actually gain a foothold beyond the Damocle Gulf. And it's been repeated clearly in the first paragraph of the book.

>The Damocles Gulf is a roiling and anarchic zone in the galactic east. For the Tau, it had long been an unnavigable space phenomenon that blocked their progress. The strange interstellar clouds wreaked havoc upon navigation apparatus and had long thwarted the Tau Empire’s expansionist plans, yet they had found that perseverance, technology and determination could overcome anything.
>During their Second Sphere Expansion, the Tau finally crossed the Damocles Gulf, finding hidden labyrinthine space lanes cutting through it. This breakthrough cost many lives, but once beyond the barrier, the Tau discovered everything they desired – mineral rich worlds and inhabitable planets that could be subsumed into their Empire.

FTL travel it's not instant teleportation. Even if the Tau could move twice the speed of light to travel around a zone of space of an hundred light years it would still take decades.

The weapon was stated to destroy all travel lanes the Tau discovered. So unless they find a new way to FTL or develop a new shelding the Tau are fucked.
>>
Whats the worst codex of 7th? Orks, tyranids or blood angels?
>>
>>43872318
Well I need to finish the necron and the eldar series. Yes is a photo scan, but the readability is actually quiet good.

Waiting for the incomming Tau vs Admech serie. I can see the FTL tech across the book
>>
>>43872698
I'm glad they exist, but you just can't beat proper, high-quality scans.
>>
File: This is getting good.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
This is getting good.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>43872679

Jesus Christ, you're actually stupid enough to take all of that at face value, aren't you? unbelievable.

Which makes it unsurprising you completely misread my initial post, I guess.
>>
>>43872655
My genestealers have actually been the best performers. The special broodlord unit gives them a 4+ cover save even in open terrain, which means they don't take many losses before making the charge. The only unit they couldn't reliably kill was the dreadnought, which came down to a carnifex charge.

You make a good point about termagaunts. Would you recommend a tervigon/whatever to carry them across the field?
>>
>>43872691
I dunno, my orks have been on a winning streak.
>>
>>43872691
Orks. Blood Angels have a chance if you run something like I suggested here >>43872418 Tyrnadis have a chance of you about that genestealer life. I can't figure out anything viable for Orks. Their armor rules are so inherently fucked up its like they were made for a completely different game.
>>
>>43872737
It's 40k you idiot. You know that gigantic holes in the universe that allow you to travel to hell also don't exist in real life?
>>
>>43872768
It's not about armor saves, it's about speed! Had an ork warband win me a game with marines and guard. The eternal Waaagh helped me cover lots of ground.
>>
>>43872768
Arent genestealers trash?
>>
>>43872815
With Marines and guard being the emphasis here dude. You ran the worst shit with among the best. Large numbers of Orks works well there as meat shield covering ground. Pure orks is very VERY different. They are so meaty and not armor-y enough that it's a field day for shooters. Even if they had the speed to get right next to the opponent for epic assaults they are still too squishy.
>>
>>43872784

It's always a little depressing to find someone who can't tell the difference between "possible in real life" and "Internally consistent".

Fun fact: Even in a universe with a hell dimension? Space is really big. You think you can process that, think through the most basic implications a high school dropout with a severe brain injury could process, then get back to us?
>>
>>43872858
What >>43872742 said basically. Genestealers obviously have weaknesses but they are easier to cover up. Orks don't have that option. It's why something like CSM can be viable cuz a flying Nurgle Daenon Prince with The Black Mace and Invisibility can cover CSM weaknesses to the extent of being cheesy. Orks have no option like that.
>>
>>
>>43872737
Dude, seriously just give 1st edition/Rogue Trader a read. It'll calm you the fuck down and show how crazy and overthetop this universe is. Grab a few beers too.
>>
>>43872919
Nice. Btw I forgot to say this to you the other day as I was suggesting OP Avitus DPS, but nice! You got the canon traitor. If you want a frustrating traitor fight, get the choices which make Martellus the traitor. That Predator is Eliphas/Ulkair level ridiculous.
>>
Is this Dawn of War 2 everybody is posting? Is it worth the 14 buck sale on Steam right now?
>>
>>43872865
You know that there are different kind of FTL travel you retard? Yes, you can travel around a nebulae, but if the nebulae is 50 light years across and you can move "only" five times the speed of light you are still travelling for 10 years. It may be possible in a physical sense, but it's a big enought impediment to stop any kind of meaningful expansion.
>>
>>43872998
Yes. Yes.
>>
>>43873003

Then it would take decades to pass through the nebula as well. Years at a minimum if it was extremely elongated.

This, this is what I mean when I call you an idiot.
>>
>>43872994
I still say a Land raider would have been nice.
>>43872998
$19.97 for the grand master collection if you want all of the DLCs.
>>
>>43872998
Yes, and absolutely. It's a great single-player campaign and the multiplayer is pretty good too, though it can be a bit tedious sometimes. Last Stand is great fun though.
>>
File: BUMP.jpg (36KB, 500x376px)
BUMP.jpg
36KB, 500x376px
>>43871564
>>
>>43873097
Land Raider isn't a thing till Retribution. Also I am saying that you guys have to fight Martellus' Predator IF he turns traitor. Which of the Marines traitors is up to your choices throughout the campaign. According to Retribution Avitis is the canon one, though anyone among your crew and Martellus could've traitored. Martellus' fight is the hardest by far cuz of his hax predator of cheese.
>>
>>43872998
Yes. And if you want a balance multiplayer, download the elite mod. Really god job in the balance betwen races, and GK!!!
>>
>>43873075
Yeah, it's so fucking impossible that the Damocle Gulf which is a collection of nebulae could be ten light year to travel across and hundreds of light years to travel around. Because elongated shapes are so fucking uncommon in space.
>>
>>43870833
the only real shitholes on this site are /b/ and /trash/
>>
>>43872731
>didn't take cyrus with infinite health packs
oh shit nigga what are you doing
>>
where can I find chinaman stuff?
>>
>>43873184
It is done. Shame I didn't get a chance to use the Custode armor, but the God Emperor giveth and he taketh away. I'm not sure if Eliphas got sent to the space hulk or if he got sent to the Vengeful Spirit.
>>
>>43873261

You don't. Support GW or your FLGS. Or if you're too poor, go play checkers.
>>
>>43873246
He can do that? Oh my.
>>
>>43870833
Nah /tg/ so far has been my favorite place on 4chan. I used to do /b/ then grew way up. I used to do /v/ then got sick of people talking shit about games they have never played. I used to do /mu/ then got sick of the "look at how obscure my taste is" bullshit that happens there cuz to them obscurity and experimentation>>>>quality. /a/ is love/hate cuz the elitism is dumb but if the topic's about an anime I know it's good shit.
>>
>>43873292
Cyrus can solo the entire campaign with the right upgrades. He's great.
>>
>>43873289
If hes poor he can play on tabletop simulator
>>
>>43873289

HEAR HEAR.
>>
>>43868983
>melee killy elite unit
>1 attack
>2 wounds on non-character Eldar
What is this?

Seems stupid with how many things are S6 in melee.
>>
>>43873318
I keep hearing that.
>>
>>43872768
>I can't figure them out, therefore they're bad!

Look at this BA apologist and laugh. Orks and Tyranids have subpar codices overall but they both have competitive monolists. BA are terrible through and through.
>>
File: MisguidedMedicalCoqui.webm (202KB, 416x240px) Image search: [Google]
MisguidedMedicalCoqui.webm
202KB, 416x240px
>>43873261
/r/yoymart has any information you want. Don't bother asking anywhere, no one will help you beyond this. All information you need some idiot already posted on reddit so just go home champ, the answers have been there the whole time.
>>
>>43872461
bump
>>
>>43873346
His stealth ability renders him basically untouchable as long as you don't get too close, and you can upgrade it to the point where he never has to uncloak. Detonation charges, satchels and grenades can be used while stealthed, which let him kill every single unit in the game in one or two hits.

So run to your target, place a det. charge just beside him, run away, push the button. Repeat until the map is cleared.
>>
>>43873440

You lose, you big dumb retard.
>>
>>43870833
People know 4chan for it's most popular forums, namely /pol/, /v/ and /b/. /tg/ is fine though.
>>
>>43872742
>The special broodlord
forgot about them, yeah those dudes are solid

>Would you recommend a tervigon/whatever to carry them across the field?
No, tervigons aren't so hot anymore. To be honest when I take termagaunts it's more to fill in an odd 100 or so points, harassing units and being a nuisance until a flamer looks their way.
>>
>>43873199

Oh my god.

Oh my christing god.

You really are that much of a dribbling imbecile that you just repeated my own point back to me and called it proof of the opposite.

Say it takes ten times longer to circumvent the nebula than cross it, because it's a flat disk shape at an inconvenient angle. Cool.

So now if you assume it takes ten years to cross one way, it takes one year to cross the other way.

You are now describing a type of FTL transport that takes an inconveniently long time to cross the nebula, let along the much larger interstellar space between the nebula and anything of interest.

Tau FTL is in the 5-10 times slower range compared to Imperial averages dude. Slow enough that they can only maintain the infrastructure of a small empire, not slow enough that it takes them years to cross the Damocles Gulf.

Internal travel times in the Tau empire are measured in months, dude. It hasn't taken them years to navigate their own territory since the second sphere or earlier.
>>
>>43871719
Callidus Assassin would fit better unless the Trader is supposed to know he's being watched.
Culexus is more useful
>>
>>43869625
CSM players, because even eldars, tau and necrons players would want a new update to "give them more things they think they lack", but as always the chaos players are the first one to point fingers when every other codex have RUMORS of upcoming releases and moan why they don't have one.
>>
>>43873601
Not him but have you even read the 6th edition codex? Because Tau don't have FTL anymore, unless they retconned the retcon.
>>
File: Phantom Titan.jpg (786KB, 1024x1601px) Image search: [Google]
Phantom Titan.jpg
786KB, 1024x1601px
>>43870057
It's nice to see that they're back to being on the Warlord's level.
Thread posts: 440
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.