[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm from 2012

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: KeiraKnightley.jpg (1MB, 3305x2200px) Image search: [Google]
KeiraKnightley.jpg
1MB, 3305x2200px
Ok I've been out of the torrenting game for a while, but now I'm starting to do it more often again and I have questions.

Normally I would use Transmission and when I would get an album or movie I could choose which files I wanted before I started the download (like if I didn't want particular songs from an album I could un-check them or if I didn't want the sample with the movie I could un-check that). Now I can't/don't see how I can do that. It just makes me download every file in the torrent. So how can I do that again?

The other thing is.....what the fuck is a magnetized torrent? Before, while my torrent was downloading, the progress bar was blue, then it was green while seeding, then gray when done. Now it starts off at red before it starts the download. What's going on?

Thanks!
>>
magnet is just the most important parts of a .torrent file, short enough that it can be represented by string of letters. this doesn't require as much web hosting space as a .torrent, and magnets can be, for example found in a google cache entry if the server goes down as it's just text.

the torrent client starts off with that small amount of info and tries to get the rest of the metadata (i.e. the contents of the full torrent file) then continues as normal.

idk about not being able to select individual files, I use qbittorrent and I can do that
>>
Magnet is a reference to a magnet link.
Basically, without telling you stuff you could just look up on your own:
You can't select the files in the torrent before it starts because the list of actual files in the torrent and the blocks/pieces that make up those individual files are stored in the torrent file, which if you're using magnet links, you don't have immediately.
A magnet link is basically a link to the information which would be stored in the torrent files you're more familiar with. I use Transmission, so I can tell you that all you have to do is wait for the metadata to finish downloading, then you can select the files you do and don't want in your torrent.
>>
>>736331
see
>>687343
or
>>>/g/sqt
or
>>>/g/oogle
>>
>>736334

Ah ok thank you. I found where to select the files, but for some reason it won't let me un-check the boxes for the .sfv, .m3u and .nfo files. I realize they're small and don't take up any space, but I still don't want them usually. Any way to do that?

Also I realize I could've Googled magnet links, but I would've sifted through paragraph after paragraph figuring them out and wasting time. The quick, simple explanations I received here are much appreciated.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/wsr/192885
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.