[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better focus on work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Der-Eremit.jpg (58KB, 462x600px) Image search: [Google]
Der-Eremit.jpg
58KB, 462x600px
Can anyone give me hints on how to go math-monk mode? How to increase concentration (without long term negative consequences), good reading material (especially on algorithms and TCS), etc. Also: Are there things not to do, because they make you "stupid" ?
>>
>>9160179
Meditation. Why do you think those monks have world renowned levels of focus and discipline? Its because they meditate on the subject for hundreds of hours. /sci/ for the most part is far too lazy to achieve results from meditation, or even figure out why their "hypoxia" claims are absolutely retarded.
>>
>>9160179
>especially on algorithms and TCS

>>>/g/tfo
>>
>>9160269
There are also numeruous studies stating that mediation improves the ability to focus deeply.
>>
Adderall + Huperzine
Spooky obsessed non-stop talking in your mind mode
>>
>>9160179
I play light classical(just what i like) then i drown it out eventually and focus purely on the task at hand. This doesn't really exclusively apply to classical or anything, its simply meditation.
>>
>>9160298
i thought meditation WAS the ability to focus deeply
>>
>>9160179
Practice karma-yoga when working. Attachment to the fruits of your actions hampers work, action in karma-yoga perfects it.

>>9160269
>>9160298
>>9161124
Meditation is specifically for cultivating one-pointedness of mind, hence the single object of meditation, be it a diety, breath, or so on. One-pointedness applies both to meditation and work, it is a factor of mind and thus if you train your mind by meditation you can improve concentration and reduce of flickering of the mind. However, this is very impractical and takes years upon years of experience. Especially not recommended if you plan simply to improve your work ethic. Karma-yoga is much simpler and much more effective.
>>
Read Flow by Mihaly CzheiamfnrjcbLpejan
>>
>>9160179
Pictur non informar utilii.
P1: Quid non cogere sui, causa stupidium.
P2: Amerikani non cogere sui.
C: Ergo stupidium.
>>
>>9160179

Amphetamines. You should experiment with different ones and dial in your dosage but it worked for Erdos so you can't go wrong.
>>
>>9161386
Are you implying that any of us are on Erdos' level?
>>
Bullshit some doctor so he can give you a prescription. Don't abuse it though. If that isn't enough kys.
>>
>>9161386
Ritalin or Adderall?
>>
>>9161426
Not that anon, but I wouldn't recommend ritalin for long term use, only use something like that when you truly need it. Using it everyday for a week is enough to leave you brainfried for 2-3 weeks.
>>
>>9161240
Could you reccomend a good intro to karma-yoga???
>>
>>9161459
How's it any different from adderall?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.