[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Python

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: confirmed.jpg (81KB, 602x802px) Image search: [Google]
confirmed.jpg
81KB, 602x802px
Hey guys im taking intro to comp programming. currently learning python. any tips to getting started and really learning the functions it gives.
>>
>>9154531
>>>/g/tfo
>>
>>9154531
shit nigger it's easy as fuck you don't need anyone to help you other than yourself
also, >>9154670
>>
>>9154531
kys
>>
>>9154531
rtfm cs brainlet
>>
I'm assuming by (comp programming) you mean competitive programming...

>currently learning python
That'll work for the short term, but you need to move to C++ if you want to go anywhere

>tips to getting started
You can read books on informatics, Introduction to Algorithms is good. But pretty much the only thing that matters is doing practice problems (try: http://orac.amt.edu.au/cgi-bin/train/hub.pl). Even if you can't get an optimal still write the naive way, then read other people's good solutions.
>>
>>9155288
Fairly certain they meant computer programming, not competitive programming.
>>
>>9155288
Cs patrician here. Can confirm the C++ thing, after learning it, every other language is easy and comes fast.

For python, just watch some YouTube video tutorial playlist, then Google some python practice problems.
>>
>>9154531
>any tips to getting started and really learning the functions it gives.
Do ALL the exercises in your textbook. No, seriously, all of them.

Programming is a craft you learn by practice, not by reading textbooks. If you are not spending about ten times as much time actually programming than you do reading textbooks or following lectures, you won't really learn anything.

>>9155288
>>9155444
Ignore this for now. These are useful things to look into *at some point* if you like programming and want to turn it into a serious skill and/or profession, but a silly complication when you are just starting.
>>
>>9154531
Codeacademy.com for practice/learning.
That place taught me Java and Unix commands pretty well
>>
>>9154531
another fucking CS dumbass to the stack
>>
>>9154531
I want to cover her with whipped cream and lick it off
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.