[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you enjoy speculative evolution?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

File: hunter symbiont.jpg (553KB, 800x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hunter symbiont.jpg
553KB, 800x1024px
Do you enjoy speculative evolution?
>>
Wayne Barlowe > all
>>
>>9004239
Barlowe and After Man for an upbeat happy alien feel.

All Tomorrows and Man After Man for interesting existential dread.
>>
>>9004238
Sure, who doesn't enjoy Making Shit Up?
>>
>>9004279
BORING people.
>>
File: IMG_2266.png (3MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2266.png
3MB, 2048x1536px
>>9004238
YES

>>9004239
Barlowe is very good, but Kosemen is best.
>>
File: 1488457247465.png (3MB, 1600x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1488457247465.png
3MB, 1600x1068px
>>9004900
>wheel legged cock shaped dinosaur doing 200kph
>>
Call it evolutionary fantasy and I am fine with it

Otherwise no
>>
File: IMG_2267.png (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2267.png
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>9004921
That's Memo for ya
>>
>>9004982
How are the wheels even supposed to rotate? What drives them?
>>
>>9004992
em drive
>>
>>9004982
>commonest

Jesus...
>>
File: Venatosapiens_Erectus_by_Ashere.jpg (250KB, 1520x960px) Image search: [Google]
Venatosapiens_Erectus_by_Ashere.jpg
250KB, 1520x960px
>>9004992
It's described right there in the picture

>>9005048
Go easy on him, he's not an anglo
>>
>>9004238
Is there any other kind?
>>
>>9004921
>Badly hidden symbol?
Why?
>>
>>9005195

>raptors, the ultimate mid-sized land predator, equipped with serrated teeth, claws, and killing talons
>developing the use of spears because ???

Seriously, it'd make more sense if they were attacking a prey animal many times their size that they couldn't get close to or take down just using their natural weapons. Using spears to hunt a small, relatively slow dino when you're a raptor is counterproductive.
>>
>>9004982
>Airscrews
holy shit
I wish there was a good explanation of the rotator muscles, that might be an interesting bit of design
>>
>>9004238
Yes, there was a good thread on it in >>>/an/ last month.

>>9007901
>developing the use of spears because ???

Those look more like Neanderthal spears where they don't throw them but they are used as a thrusting weapon. They would develop them so to stay further away from more dangerous prey species. The image anon posted doesn't need to show the only thing they hunt, nor does it need to make sense really.
>>
>>9007929
Looks like undulations of the walls of a chamber lined with muscles. The muscles "push" on the sides of the bony knobs. It'd be like a mix of throat muscle action and a heart.
>>
>a lone aquatic human watching his last sunset, for yet more meteors bombard the earth
>>
I hate that "speculative" evolution writers ignore that evolutionary history shows that the past 65 million years have consistently had the same animals in a slightly different shape, and instead think that in the future we will have telepathic sasquatch buddies and wheeled penisaurs. Nature has settled on a few basic body plans and organ systems since the first amphibians walked on land and it's retarded to assume that they can ever change.
>>
>>9008050
>what is After Man
>what is The Future is Far
>what is the Neocene project
>>
File: 50khence.jpg (88KB, 648x650px) Image search: [Google]
50khence.jpg
88KB, 648x650px
>>
>>
Really enjoyed last and first men. Leave your autism at the door and let your imaginiation go.
>>
Good site on speculative alien biota. Also interesting deep-time backstory which includes a total reset.

https://canopy.uc.edu/bbcswebdav/users/gibsonic/Snaiad/snduterus.html
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.