[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>integration Is it normal that this is the most unintuitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1495407076787.jpg (17KB, 385x387px) Image search: [Google]
1495407076787.jpg
17KB, 385x387px
>integration
Is it normal that this is the most unintuitive math thing I "learned"?
>>
What? It's unintuitive that there exists something that is to differentiation as division is to multiplication?
>>
maybe visualizations would help? imo it's no harder than derivatives.
>>
>>8949784
>>8949796
brainchads get out.
>>
>>8949784
Thats not apriori what integration is. Integrals are continuous version of sums.
>>
>>8949808
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>8949813
>muh limit of a -1/12 man sum
>>
>summation is unintuitive
okay
>>
>>8949754

it's just the area between two curves dude
>>
The integral represents an accumulation of something. This should be way more intuitive than the derivative which requires understanding of limits/infinitesimals.

After all, people who hate maths use confusion over limits to attack mathematics all the time.
>>
>>8949754
integration is easy and beautiful.
>>
>>8949754
Intuition is subjective, so nobody has any idea whether your intuition falls within the bounds of normalcy.
>>
>>8949754
Maybe if you're in high school and haven't studied any real math yet.
>>
>>8951489
Pretty much this. The latest piece of math you learnt is usually the most unintuitive. Then, you kinda get used to it and you begin to see the thing
>>
>>8951514
Particularly once you start using the applications of said methods. Most maths is abstract and unintuitive until you realize how it's put to use.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.