[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaps in the wikia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: post-it.jpg (232KB, 630x470px) Image search: [Google]
post-it.jpg
232KB, 630x470px
What major/important subjects are missing from the /sci/ wikia?
>>
Flat earth science.
>>
psychology
>>
>>8934354
Gender science
>>
>>8934354

No CAD stuff on the MechE page, no VHDL/Verilog on the CompE page, no circuit board design stuff on the EEE page, no Maple/Mathematica on the math page, no McDonald training material on the Astronomy page, no explosive material on the Chem/ChemE page, etc...
>>
>>8936445
I can put up some high energy materials textbook recs on the ChemE page if you want.

But idk if explosives is broad enough even as a speciality
>>
That website is in a mess.

1) Whole pages are empty (like subjects/chemistry/general-chemistry-ii#TOC-States-of-Matter)

2) Hyperlinks instead of the information + a reference, in case the links moves / is deleted, the information remains.

3) Only first/second year matrial, hardly any advanced topics.

In the current state, using wikipedia gives you knowledge much faster and more reliabliy.
>>
>>8936454
The wikia is not the sticky google site (which was abandoned years ago)

http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki//sci/_Wiki
>>
>>8934354
a lot of the pages need to be rewritten, in more concise fashion.
>>
>>8936484
Most of the pages are concise
>>
>>8936445
>no McDonald training material on the Astronomy page

Oh come on, astro majors can get tons of jobs. They can start at any fast food joint.
>>
>>8934354
Life sciences, particularly living systems and networks, Ecology and evolution. It's like the only people who have worked on the wiki have an AP-bio tier literacy, maybe some introductory undergraduate courses.
I myself have been bullshiting around complying things to make a contribution. I'd like someone else to help with theoretical stuff
It's just sad, it needs to be basic education but 99% of people are illiterate. I guess people understanding life has no utility to the corporate-state in CONTROL of education. Tribal people living a traditional lifestyle are much more ecologically literate than the "highly educated" people capitalizing them.
Need more social science(memers go way) philsophy of science/history of science, and rundowns of interdisciplinary areas of inquiry.
For example on bio "signal transduction" should be included under "biosemiotics" where information is posted about biosemiotics from the molecular-ecological orders. Along with the philosophical/scientific background. The "signal" paradigm should be still taught because the science is still valid, just along side the new way of looking at things, with context included.
We could do some real work and have a nice wika for self studies.
>>
>>8939157
>Ecology

Big fish eats small fish, what else is there to know.

>evolution

Besides antibiotics resistant bacteria, what relevance does it have?
>>
File: TheParticleZooProgenitor.png (37KB, 407x307px) Image search: [Google]
TheParticleZooProgenitor.png
37KB, 407x307px
The theory of infinite complexity (TOIC) and the modified cosmological model (MCM.)

>The Truth About Geometric Unity
>http://vixra.org/abs/1307.0075
>>
>>8934354
Linguistics

And there's enough of a crowd here studying and doing work in it that I think it would be good to have. It would be nice to have a page that covered some nice introductory texts, as well as an explanation of different schools of thought in the subject.
>>
>>8934354

cheesy pizzas
>>
>>8934354
The Statistics material could be greatly expanded
>>
File: civil.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
civil.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>>8934354

Civil, Industrial, Petroleum, Environmental, Mining & Agriculture Engineering.

I know that /sci/ despise these Brainlets.
But come on! /sci/ should not ignore them.

Wit PhDs exist in these areas too.

>>8940527
Also Honorable mention to Linguistics, the king of Soft Science.
>>
>>8934354
The link to the /g/ wiki is wrong. It should link to https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Main_Page
>>
File: 1494798405427.png (52KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494798405427.png
52KB, 346x360px
>>8942188
Wait a second, you guys are talking about the wiki, not the guide.

Why in fucking hell the sticky still links to the guide?
>>
>>8942188
>>>/g/tfo
>>
>>8942196
The guide links to the wikia and there are no mods on /sci/ to update the sticky.
>>
>>8939879
It's relevant to whoever is interested in it. Who cares what a faggot like you thinks is "relevant"
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.