[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bill Nye: I'm a scientist Also Bill Nye:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 39

File: IMG_20170425_001035.jpg (106KB, 1200x658px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170425_001035.jpg
106KB, 1200x658px
Bill Nye: I'm a scientist

Also Bill Nye:
>>
File: nat_geo_petition_pic.jpg (17KB, 460x225px) Image search: [Google]
nat_geo_petition_pic.jpg
17KB, 460x225px
http://citizengo.org/en-us/39715-tell-national-geographic-gender-ideology-harms-children

96,664 people have signed. Help us reach 100,000 signatures.

On August 17, 2016, the American College of Pediatricians issued a statement saying “gender Ideology harms children,” and “urges educators and legislators to reject all policies that condition children to accept as normal a life of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex. Facts – not ideology – determine reality.” In their statement, they go on to say “a person’s belief that he or she is something they are not is, at best, a sign of confused thinking.”

These statements are supported by three leading medical doctors in the field, including Paul McHugh, M.D., University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins Medical School and the former psychiatrist in chief at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

The statement goes on to say "Conditioning children into believing that a lifetime of chemical and surgical impersonation of the opposite sex is normal and healthful is child abuse."
>>
>>8854608
>think of the children

I signed the petition even though it means nothing. Why don't you fuck off now?
>>
File: blacked.png (330KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
blacked.png
330KB, 500x363px
>>8854603
Bill Noy the Science Goy
>>
>Gender (arguably a spectrum) is just like sex (a biological constant with some non-binary mutations that do not survive in the wild): a spectrum
Annnnd into the fucking trash.
>>
>>8854608
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8854676
hello
I came from pol just to witness the redpilling happening here
witness the leftism we have battled for ages
it's become so dense even you guys cannot ignore it anymore
politeness > facts
not triggering > logic
WELCOME TO OUR SIDE BITCHES
>>
How do I scientifically identify my gender? What empirical tests do I have to conduct in order to know my gender?
>>
>>8854704
Fuck off retard. You aren't bringing us new information, you have nothing to add that we aren't already aware of.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>8854713
thanks for the confirmation
>>
>>8854713
We aren't liberals, but we aren't /pol/tards either
>>
>>8854608
Cute boy 2bh.
>>
>>8854770
> boy

Clearly you need to learn more about (((science)))
>>
It's pretty obvious to me Bill doesn't even really believe this shit. He's just a greedy douche bag who is cashing in on the "le reddit science maymays"
>>
>>8854713
>>8854676
Not an argument.
>>
>>8854749
you sound like a deluded SJWtard alright
>>
>[Nye] studied mechanical engineering at Cornell University (where he took an astronomy class taught by Carl Sagan)[10] and graduated with a BS in mechanical engineering in 1977.
>>
>>8854749
you believe in cold hard evidence and facts yeah
but you don't hate the jews for enstating a triablistic value system which puts them in a religion that states that goys have no souls and only exist to be exorted by jewish people? if you don't believe the facts then leave /sci/
>>
>>8854603
>tfw there are three of these fucking threads on the front page
you really have to go back /pol/
>>
>>8856410
>souls
>crying about religion
it's time to go back to the containment board
>>
>>8854709
underrated post

It's like scientifically identifying an addict vs someone who likes to use often
>>
>>8854603
Is not it a child show, most likely an adult one, or I'm wrong?
>>
>>8856959
It's geared to adults, as he says in the first episode. It's still a shitty science show full of annoying preaching to the choir.
>>
Isn't that the scientific consensus, though?
>>
>>8856969
no
>>
>>8854603
i can't tell if he's talking about sex, or procreation; but i do think he's trying to imply that sex doesn't exist
>>
>>8854603
>mfw listening to nye
>>
>>8854603

What timeline are we in, again?
>>
>>8856438

>What is figurative speech

What are you, a turboautist?
>>
where did it all go so wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtVJdPfm0F8
>>
>>8858771
>TRANNIES RULE!
>>
>>8858771
>pluto

I miss the good old days.
>>
File: billnigh2.jpg (917KB, 2112x1437px) Image search: [Google]
billnigh2.jpg
917KB, 2112x1437px
>>8854603
>>
File: ACLpV9L.png (613KB, 532x570px) Image search: [Google]
ACLpV9L.png
613KB, 532x570px
>>8858771
>science rules
That was so gay.
>>
File: ugD1cxO.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ugD1cxO.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
>academia develops gender studies
>realize there's nothing to learn that warrants dedicating 4 years in university
>decide to just make shit up by cramming in made-up words to justify its existence and funding

They could trick more people into believing this nonsense if they even made an attempt at defining what gender is instead of this vague shit about spectrums and fluidity.
>>
>>8859723
Wrong. As long as something is not clearly defined it can be anything and so it's uses are infinite.
>>
>>8858969
woke
>>
>>8859383
Is Bill Nye a transgender man?
>>
>>8854608
>The American College of Pediatricians was formed as a protest to the American Academy of Pediatrics' support of gay adoption
>Has 500 members compared to the AAP's 60000

That's not to say they should be dismissed, but presenting their statement as if it is the predominant opinion of a well-respected group of doctors is dishonest.
>>
Bill Nye the "I never got a Doctorates let alone a Masters yet somehow I am famous" Guy
>>
>>8854676
>Someone said something I disagree with
>Therefore hes a horrible, uncaring white supremacist Nazi
Thats not a refutation. Thats sticking your fingers in your ears while yelling "NANANANANA CANT HEAR YOU NANANANA".

Grow up.
>>
>>8859811
>Therefore hes a horrible, uncaring white supremacist Nazi
/pol/ has many more flavors than Nazi. They're all shitty, but definitely different.
>>
>>8856959

It's either

1) a science show geared toward a kids that singsong about muh vagina and includes a clip about ice cream orgies where everyone's gay.

2) an adult science show with the worst fucking scientific content I've ever seen.

3) a politics show that includes the tiniest amount of science just to be Calle do science show.
>>
>>8854603
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8
How long can you watch this for
>>
Bill awfully sounds very familar to /pol/tards who defend their shemale chasing ways.
>dude, her 9 inch cock is feminine so it's not gay.
>>
>>8854704
Do you meet the COPPA compliance?
>>
>>8859906
>6 threads about this doofus
>Giving Nye free publicity by reposting the same shit over and over again
>>
>>8860120
Exactly what /pol/ wants. They want to show Nye off as the face of all liberals to make them look bad.
>>
>>8860142
Liberals or conservatives or whatever, they're all just part of a spectrum.
>>
>>8856410
>all jews are le same
You definitely are an uneducated unscientific lebbitor
>>
>>8861277
Your opinion is part of a spectrum of idiocy
>>
>>8861286
You are the idiot to unironically believe all Jews are a hivemind
It's a scientific fact that like all humans, Jews have individual and dissenting thoughts from their peers
>>
>>8861307
Hiveminds are part of a spectrum Jewry
>>
>>8861315
Jews are a member of homo sapiens
All members of homogeneous sapiens aren't hivemind animals
Go get edumacated you cretin
>>
>>8861323
*homo sapiens
Dang it autocorrect
>>
>>8854709
Check for dick
Dick? Male or Bridget
No dick? Female
>>
File: G41L1rv.jpg (19KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
G41L1rv.jpg
19KB, 480x480px
>>8854603
>On August 17, 2016, the American College of Pediatricians

>Falling for the ACP scam

So what's it like being a brainlet?
>>
File: spectrum.jpg (108KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
spectrum.jpg
108KB, 1280x800px
>>
>>8861323
The hominid group is a spectrum
>>
>>8861609
Fake. Photoshop is a spectrum.
>>
>>8861633
It's not fake though.

https://twitter.com/WesternIdentity/status/856650326136455168
He says it around 1:30
>>
>>8861609
That wasn't so bad as you guys made it to be. It's a pretty reasonable explanation about gender and sexuality.
>>
>>8859727
Gender is clearly defined, goy.
>>
>>8861323
>Jews are a member of homo sapiens

Debatable.
>>
File: Just bleach my shit up senpai.jpg (37KB, 611x404px) Image search: [Google]
Just bleach my shit up senpai.jpg
37KB, 611x404px
>>8861633
I thought all this shit was fake until I actually watched the episode. I really REALLY don't recommend watching it at all in any form. In fact, just bleach your eyes now as a precaution.
>>
>Sex is also on a spectrum
>We used to think XY meant male, and XX meant female
>But we see more combinations than that in real life

Yeah, because these clearly aren't just genetic disorders, having XXX or XXY just means you're somehow on a spectrum
>>
>>8861674
Dropped. I'm not having this conversation anymore you delusional fucktard.
>>
>>8861687
XYY syndrome is so rare. It's even thought that most people who have it are criminals.
>>
>>8861694
That's wrong. It was a myth. XYY is very rare, but has no implications wrt proclivity for violence
>>
>>8861688
Delusion is a spectrum
>>
File: down-syndrome-6-728.jpg (106KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
down-syndrome-6-728.jpg
106KB, 728x546px
>>8861687
Oh lawdy! Those adverse health effects that come with having an extra chromosome is sure sum spectrum.
>>
File: 1483521094411.jpg (11KB, 407x378px) Image search: [Google]
1483521094411.jpg
11KB, 407x378px
>>8854608
>not wanting a bunch of young traps who took hormones before puberty
Stop fucking up the plan asshole.
>>
>>8861609
You're on a spectrum.
>>
>>8861688
>gets called out
>instantly scurries away instead of daring to lose a debate
Millennial trash detected
>>
>>8861609
Top kek
>>
>>8862887
Not the guy you were responding to, but the jew thing was top kek
>>
>>8854608

There's nothing unnatural about people choosing their own gender.

Pull that stick off your ass and let people live their lives as they want.
>>
>>8859727
*its
I hardly expect someone who can't wrap their head around contractions to understand language lmao
>>
>>8862967
>>8862967
Please enlighten me of all the other times in nature besides humans where animals choose their own gender

Also sex changing species aren't gender changing so good luck
>>
>>8862992
>besides human

Why this arbitrary standard?
>>
>>8863041
Well you're trying to show that it's natural and that it occurs in nature, so I'd like to see any example outside of humans
>>
>>8863050
Humans are a part of nature, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>8863057
Doesn't mean everything humans do is natural
>>
>>8863064
Eating shit is natural.
>>
>>8862992
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature
>>
>>8854713
Dont speak for us moron
>>
>>8863079
Fuck off, memer. The whole fag/tranny debate is about nature, rarely about quality.
>>
File: stefonknee-christmas.jpg (118KB, 414x685px) Image search: [Google]
stefonknee-christmas.jpg
118KB, 414x685px
>>8862992
I don't believe the whole spectrum thing but this is not a valid argument. Every other species is either incapable of understanding the concept, or is incapable of communicating that knowledge to us.

>>8862967
Whether its natural or not is irrelevant.

>Pull that stick off your ass and let people live their lives as they want.
The problem isn't when mentally ill perverts like you see to the left decides to indulge in his fetishes. Consenting adults and all that- provided he doesn't insist on being allowed into the womens toilets. The problem is when kids are misled or coerced to believe they are a member of the opposite sex, and only realize how wrong they, and their parents, are, after the damage is done. Worst case scenario, the kid kills him/herself. Best case, hes traumatized for life, regrets his/her entire childhood, and needs therapy to prevent the worst case scenario from happening.
>>
>bill nye
>scientist

More like bill bye it was nice knowing you before Jewish SJW corruption.
>>
>spectrum spectrum spectrum spectrum spectrum

>People claim both "agender" and "bigender" lie on this spectrum
>As well as several proposed "third genders"

It's
A
Fucking
VECTOR SPACE YOU BRAINLETS
AT LEAST PRESENT YOUR INCORRECT MODEL PROPERLY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I don't even mind gender being considered different from sex
Sex is biological, there are two, and you can't change that. If you're born A, you can never be B.

The argument the tumblr/left/cucks, whatever you wanna call them have is that gender is different to sex. It's not the sex you are, but more the sex you identify with?
You should still never be able to be a female if you're born male, sex or gender, but if you get fake tits and act/dress/look like a girl, you can call yourself mtf (male to female) and use 'she' as your pronoun if you want. You'll never be a girl, but you can be a ladyboy I guess.

I guess it's just one of those subject of "how far do you let them go". I'm personally alright with this one, but then that opens doors for people who claim to be wolfs, which is fucking stupid. But I'm aware people think my exact argument I just put across now is just as stupid as pretending to be a wolf, so we'll never come to an end of this whole debate in a looooong time.
>>
>>8863140
>The problem is when kids are misled or coerced to believe they are a member of the opposite sex
Though this certainly happens as outliers always exist and there is always someone on the extreme, every example I have seen of a trans child has followed this pattern:

>Otherwise normal boy starts wearing mom's clothes
>Parents dismiss it as normal kid stuff
>Child does it increasingly and begins insisting he wear the clothes in public
>Parents explain that those are women's clothes, not for boys, and begin to forbid him from wearing them
>Kid becomes depressed and behavioral problems develop. He sneaks and wears the clothes anyway
>Parents eventually think something may be up and take the kids to the doctor
>Doctor says it's probably nothing, but explains the possibility of the child being trans, explains what it is and gives them peer-reviewed articles on gender dysphoria and treatment
>Says to wait and see if he grows out of it
>Kid approaches puberty, still hasn't grown out of it. By now has learned what transgenderism is and says he's a girl
>Doctor recommends hormone blockers to keep kid from entering puberty
>Finally, after years of telling everyone he's a girl, the now mid-adolescent teenager is deemed mature enough to make that decision and they begin hormone replacement therapy

So ultimately, if you have an issue with that process, it should be with the doctors who recommend this treatment and the research they point to which support their claims. That's where you need to point your crusade.
>>
>>8863332
And hermaphroditism doesn't exist?
>>
>>8863345
I was just excluding that because it effects about 0.1% of the population and just confuses shit.
Almost everyone is either male or female, and when someone gets a sex change it's to become one or the other, not a hermaphrodite.

There's technically 3 sexes yes, but the third doesn't apply for anyone involved in this whole debate.
>>
>>8862827
they won't have dicks anymore by the time they become legal, that or they'll be tiny as fuck.
>>
>>8863332
This whole debate is not about teaching the world about something, it's just about redefining the word 'gender' to include a broader range of personalities. Same reason people consistently come up with new euphemisms for words they don't like and out of nowhere are deemed unacceptable.
>>
>>8863360
Yeah, well that's the whole point in their argument
They're effectively re-defining gender to be different from sex, since sex is biological (there's no arguing that), but they are wanting to claim gender is more social based, like what I said about how you identify, rather than your biological sex.

If they were smart, they'd ditch the whole word gender altogether and just come up with a new one which means exactly the same thing, but isn't redefining a word, that way no one can argue with it.
>>
>>8863368
>come up with a new one which means exactly the same thing, but isn't redefining a word
But you're acting like this is a concerted, conscious effort by a small group. That's not how language changes.
>>
>>8863375
Language is a spectrum.
>>
>>8863368
I agree completely anon. It seems the definition of gender is personality but anyone can make one up to describe themselves. And with pronouns, we should just use them in accordabce with sex as that is easy to tell and doesnt require people to remember made up words
>>
>>8863387
>we should just use them in accordabce with sex as that is easy to tell
Well not all of us go around groping people's genitals
>>
>>8854917
Bingo bango get this guy a part on next seasons big bang theory!
>>
>>8862967
>natural

gender isn't a concept found in nature, it's a human societal concept. it's not material reality, but an abstract behavioral stereotype
>>
>this is your brain on neoliberalism

had a lecture few weeks ago by a well respected neuroscientist. the whole subject on the lecture was a materialist analysis of consciousness and how free will is an illusion etc. Throughout the lecture, he kept stating that the scientific consensus on psychological matters is always a materialistic one. When I asked him why major scientific bodies promote idealism and false facts as truths and why the rest of the scientific community doesn't vehemently oppose this (like the claims that being gay is genetic, or the existence of gender and how children are made to question their sex in school even though we know environmental factors like that can intensify gender dysphoria, while people with gender dysphoria are provided chemical and surgical castration from an early age, essentially having their psychosis indulged) he dodged that shit like an eel. after a few mins my supervising prof interrupted me (while the lector hadn't answered a single thing i had asked) and went on to the next dumb question.

post-modernist idealism must be rooted out of this fucking world.
>>
>>8863076
4u
>>
>>8863482
>I autistically made everyone uncomfortable by posing my question like an asshole through the same type of political lens I accuse my opponents of using
Gee, Anon idk why your professor interrupted you. Must have been the Jews!
>>
File: bugs blackface.jpg (16KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
bugs blackface.jpg
16KB, 400x300px
>>8854603
>Gender is a spectrum

Why, Bill? Why would you do this?
>>
>>8854709
Objectivity is white male privilege.
>>
File: mutant foal.jpg (352KB, 1750x1168px) Image search: [Google]
mutant foal.jpg
352KB, 1750x1168px
>>8861687
HEY GUYS I FOUND THIS TOTALLY NEW SPECIES
>>
>>8863496
except it was the professor that after 6-7 idiotic questions that he already answered during the lecture who asked for a question that he hadn't already covered. all i asked him was why the materialism he claims is catholic in the scientific community isn't applied when it comes to issues the neoliberal establishment profits from, and why the scientific community doesn't actively voice their opinion against this.

>Must have been the Jews!

you project right-wing ideology on me, which shows what an idiot you are. I'm a marxist, not even close to a neoliberal right-winger
>>
another day, another reddit thread.
>>
>>8863508
>I'm a Marxist
you're as autistic as far right wingers
>>
>>8861687
Holy shit dwarfs from World of Warcraft are real?
>>
>>8863518
nice non-argument
>>
File: bugs bunny.jpg (16KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
bugs bunny.jpg
16KB, 342x245px
>>8863523
>dwarfs
>from World of Warcraft
>>
>>8863528
>playing anything by blizzard
>>
Is Bill Nye having one of those celebrity meltdowns? Will he end up at the mental hospital soon?
>>
Why cant these science people level with everyone and just say all life,even the universe,is just a random freakish occurrence.Richard Dawkins is the best example of sugar coating the truth.
>>
>>8863546
You're implying the people who own that network don't want to milk him for all he's worth. If they can get a name like Bill Nye to repeat their dumbass subjectivist propaganda, they'll run it as long as they can. They'll run it at a fucking loss.
>>
>>8863550
Its not ethical to force your point of view.
>>
>>8863508
Because your examples are all from outside of the scientific community. When does the community at large "speak out" against any non-scientific belief held by the public? Pop scientists telling people GMOs are safe, autism isn't caused by vaccines, global warming is real, etc, don't represent the scientific community at large, and at any rate those issues have a lot more dire consequences than people thinking there's a gay gene.
>>
>>8863550
Because it might not be. The truth is we don't know.

"We don't know" is a series of words we unfortunately don't hear enough nowadays. Everyone has their gospel and wants to be a preacher.
>>
>>8863557
we are talking about ideology propagated within the public school system. kids are taught in school unscientific idealisms as "facts", and medical professionals enable people with mental disorders to harm themselves because their psychosis is deemed non-pathological by the dominant neoliberal ideology

do you consider the education system outside the scope of the scientific community? or do you consider medicine to be outside it? and in any case, his lecture had a "we scientists know this, we must teach the rest of society now" message, hence your argument is meaningless to begin with
>>
>>8854603
with all this bullshit about gayness and gay genes and gender dysphoria why isn't anyone researching this shit? Publish some real articles instead of letting bachelor babies like bill nye mislead the population.
>>
>>8863576
there are many real articles. they just don't reach the conclusions the neoliberal establishment wants them to reach, hence they aren't publicized
>>
File: 1462123509627.jpg (46KB, 541x554px) Image search: [Google]
1462123509627.jpg
46KB, 541x554px
>engineer
>scientist
>>
>>8863580
bazoople xD
>>
>>8863569
Which public school districts exactly are teaching kids to question their gender at a young age? Do you have any sources siting this is widespread or are you just autistically screeching about an article you read about one class in one school in California or some shit?
>>
>>8863583
You don't know how bad it's gotten in Toronto, do you?
>>
>>8863578
who cares if the general public doesn't know the actual science
it only matters if it starts affecting policy because policy should be based on good science
>>
>>8863578
Point to those articles. Because a quick preliminary search of scholarly articles just point to research like this

>http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00918369.2012.653300

Which concludes that withholding hormonal treatment is deemed more harmful than giving it and outlines a specific outline for how to approach children with gender dysphoria.
>>
>>8863587
Apparently not, and I very much doubt most scientists do either.
>>
>>8863079
He wasn't the person who started talking about whether it was natural dumass
>>
>>8863596
Hormones are poison and recommending them to men who want to be girls is unethical because that boy will never look like a real girl. He's gonna look like a monster tranny like all the other trannies. I bet the doctors want this to continue because it'll allow them to experiment on kids. It's a sick world. I suppose it helps the cause of science.
>>
>>8863597
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/education/parents-opposed-to-ontarios-sex-ed-curriculum-can-pull-kids-from-class/article26255639/

Behold. Basically, they tried to shove that "Gender is a spectrum and it's all about how you feel!" shit down the throat of kids all the way down to Grade 1. Of course, the media is trying to downplay it as "HOMOPHOBES" because 2 or 3 morons complained about "THEM FAGGOTS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL MUH KIDS" bullshit, but we're talking about half the students of a school in a massively liberal city.
>>
>>8863589
of course it matters, since the general public is the one that puts people into policy making positions.

>>8863583
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3548962/Now-children-young-FOUR-asked-choose-gender-start-school.html

>>8863596
https://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-dysphoria-in-children

many citations in this article, if you're talking specifically about gender dysphoria. some highlights are that 80 to 95% of gd patients grow out of it after puberty, and that suicide and depression rates of people receiving treatments are extremely high even in "progressive" countries like sweden
>>
>>8863597
>most scientists don't either

how can you even claim this when in university courses in the us students are asked to introduce themselves by stating their names, gender and preferred pronouns? or are universities not part of the scientific community either?
>>
Good. Potential Chads will become sissified and more room for superior black men to knock up lonely, but beautiful white women.
>>
>>8863619
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>8863614
I've taken literally one course at the 3rd largest public University in the states that had asked that. It was a shitty gender studies gen ed course that I dropped a week later.

But let's pretend that it really is as widespread as your panicked little brain thinks. Why would a statistics professor give a shit if it's become socially prudent to ask that question? What harm does it bring to him or anyone else?
>>
>>8863609
>Posts a "study" from an interest group founded expressly due to opposition if it's members to gay adoption as if it's representative of the scientific community as a whole

>Inb4 'prove all the citations wrong too, then!'
That argument can just as easily be reversed to any random study I choose to post purporting the opposite.

And the point of this post is that you've been implying this entire time that the scientific community at large believes like you do, they just don't speak about it. Maybe you should post something actually from said community instead of something published by a fringe interest group.
>>
>>8863622
>But let's pretend that it really is as widespread as your panicked little brain thinks

why do you deny that neoliberal ideology has spread into the scientific community? even if you choose the impact post-modernism has on the education system, how can you deny the fact that the medical community is treating both homosexuality and gender dysphoria in a completely unscientific way because dominant ideology has political gain out of identity politics? are you denying this, or are you denying medicine is science?

>Why would a statistics professor give a shit if it's become socially prudent to ask that question?

>statistics professor

>had a lecture few weeks ago by a well respected neuroscientist

>respected neuroscientist

>neuroscientist

dunno if you're too retarded to comprehend what you're reading or just b8ing anon.
>>
>>8863628
so you want me to write the citations one by one instead of posting a nicely summed up article with scientific citations? why?
>>
>>8863550
i don't recall Dawkins sugar coating anything. he admits that life and existence was just spontaneous and had no purpose. do you not see the angry sjws who bitch about him because he hates all religions?
>>
>>8863580
if a pajeet who can code a shitty program is considered a computer "scientist" than any engineer is a scientist as well.
>>
>>8863632
>how can you deny the fact that the medical community is treating both homosexuality and gender dysphoria in a completely unscientific way because dominant ideology has political gain out of identity politics
Firstly, they aren't "treating" homosexuality at all because there's nothing to treat. If you're advocating we go back to electric shock therapy, you're an idiot.

Secondly, you've yet to post anything convincing that the current medical practice for gender dysphoria is as blatantly and obviously wrong as you are claiming it is.
>>
>>8863632
I chose a stats Prof as a random unrelated professor who might ask that question. I'm sorry. I should have assumed you wouldn't understand hypotheticals.
>>
File: 1493231869500.jpg (126KB, 956x536px) Image search: [Google]
1493231869500.jpg
126KB, 956x536px
Why does this Marxist hate fags so much?
>>
>>8863644
>they aren't "treating" homosexuality at all because there's nothing to treat

that itself is an ideological statement. the FACT is that people that are unable to feel sexual attraction towards the opposite gender are expressing a pathological phenotype, since mating with the opposite sex is genetically inscribed behavior. It is also fact that homosexual men have higher rates of AIDS, higher rates of depression and higher rates of pedophilia.

But again, you misinterpret what I'm saying here. despite all the above being factual, i'd neither lock up homosexuals in mental institutions not bar them from marrying each other if they wish it. What I am against is lies like "homosexuality is genetic" being propagated by society. Since it's been proven that homosexuality is influenced by environmental factors, it stands to reason that society promoting homosexuality will affect homosexuality rates within the general populus. And while someone who's homosexual can of course live a fulfilling happy life, people to whom homosexuality causes depression should have the option of seeking psychological help without having to resort to some right-winger religious group.

>you've yet to post anything convincing that the current medical practice for gender dysphoria is as blatantly and obviously wrong as you are claiming it is

i have, you didn't bother to read it

>>8863646

>i argue neoliberal ideology has seeped into the scientific community so bad that it selectively chooses to be materialist depending on if the establishment has political gain of a certain issue

>counter argues with "why should a statistics professor care"

special ed kid tier arguments

>>8863651
i don't hate homosexuals. i'm saying homosexuality and GD are used by the establishment as tools for political gain and the scientific community simply goes along with it
>>
>>8863664
>Claim the scientific community knows the truth but there's a disconnect to the medical community due to politics
>only source is from a right-wing politically motivated organization

All the calling each other idiots aside, you do realize why I'm particularly incredulous here, right?

Also, as a perfectly well-adjusted, non-AIDS-ridden, non-pedophile homosexual man who struggled tremendously with his sexuality in his youth, I've done more than my fair share of research on the issue and while the scientific community obviously does not claim it is purely genetic, there are plenty of indications with twin studies (including those separated at birth) that imply perhaps an epigenetic cause or even hormonal conditions in the womb. I could also cast doubt on your higher rates of pedophilia claim if you request, but I'm not gonna volunteer that diatribe right now.

I'm not entirely sold on the predominant treatment for gender dysphoria, but all the research I have done of peer-reviewed articles support it. I'm very open to doubting those with serious rebuttal, but, again, the source you posted is as valid as a global warming study produced by Exxon Mobil.
>>
>>8854603
BA in Social Engineering
>>
>>8863119
Fags exist in almost all mammal species. They're just not intelligent enough to become trannies. That's how science solved the problem for humans.
>>
>>8863695
>only source is from a right-wing politically motivated organization

>the author's political views make the scientific notations he includes in his article invalid

those are some extreme mental gymnastics.

>there are plenty of indications with twin studies (including those separated at birth) that imply perhaps an epigenetic cause.

there was one study that showed 50% of heterozygotic twins were both homosexuals, but that study's methodology was flawed since it wasn't double blind. the participants were gathered through ads posted on lgbt magazines, and fully well knew the nature of the study. a later review of the paper trying to reproduce its results with correct methodology found a genetic correlation in childhood gender nonconformity, but concluded that environmental factors are needed for CGN to develop into homosexuality.

>an epigenetic cause or even hormonal conditions in the womb

the hormonal imbalance in the womb theory has been debunked.

> I could also cast doubt on your higher rates of pedophilia claim if you request

you can doubt it all you want, studies on pedophile men showed that while homosexuals constitute roughly 3-5% of the population, they constituted 30% (if i remember correctly) of the sample group of 1500. I am not saying all gay men are pedos, but it is a fact that homosexuality and pedophilic tendencies show a correlation (not causation).

>m not entirely sold on the predominant treatment for gender dysphoria, but all the research I have done of peer-reviewed articles support it. I'm very open to doubting those with serious rebuttal, but, again, the source you posted is as valid as a global warming study produced by Exxon Mobil

the citations provided in the article are all legitimate, you don't even have to read the article if you don't want just scroll down to the citations. the 80-95% figure of people getting over GD after puberty is from the DMV-IV

I can post articles about homosexuality if you want
>>
>>8863747
>Fags exist in almost all mammal species

homosexual intercourse has been observed in many species. the pathology doesn't lie in this, but rather the person's inability to reproduce with members of the opposite sex, something that only humans exhibit
>>
>>8862992
No animals in nature build spaceships either.
>>
File: happycwc.jpg (126KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
happycwc.jpg
126KB, 480x480px
>>8854709
Take off your pants. If you can grab what's down there and pull on it, you're a man. if you can stick your hand in it, you're a woman.
>>
>>8861609
He's on a spectrum all right
>>
>>8863770
Yes but we can observe them building useful structures
>>
>>8863811
>structures made of dirt and shit
>useful
>>
>>8863815
Useful to them
>>
>>8863816
Gender change is useful to those who go through with it
>>
>>8863824
Jesus Christ you're autistic. Physical structures and gender change are two different things if you couldn't tell
>>
>>8863830
>He thinks gender is a spiritual thing

Gender is also physical, you fucking moron.
>>
>>8863748
>the author's political views make the scientific notations he includes in his article invalid
Not invalid, but certainly suspect. Just like how if I posted a study conducted by "Tranniesaregood.com" it would be suspect.
But again, if it is such a widespread, known thing in the scientific community like you claim it is, then there should be no problem providing a more valid alternative source, right?

I am curious of your theory for how growing up in a southern Baptist, anti-gay family in rural Ohio with a strong, loving father and mother figure turned me gay though. It wasn't even like super anti-gay, just your standard learn-on-sundays it's a sin sort of stuff.

And as for pedophilia, I'll leave this article
>https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF01550954?LI=true
Because we've known for decades pedophiles care much less about the gender of their interests than people attracted to adults. Couple that with the simple fact that it's more convenient to diddle boys because of society's tendency to trust grown men with little boys more than little girls and you raise doubts that about half of all gay men are not only pedos, but ACTIVE pedos, as your simple deduction would imply.

But sure. Post all the articles from the ex-gay Christian ministries you want showing me how I'm doomed to die of AIDS and develop a drug problem.

Also,
>80-95% figure of people getting over GD after puberty is from the DMV-IV
Which is exactly why the research I posted cautioned any transitioning until the patient was studied carefully for years and it was beyond reasonable doubt
>>
>>8863836
>gender is a social construct
>gender is a physical thing
Please tell me a time where you dropped your gender on the ground and picked it back up
>>
>>8863751
There are plenty of waterfoul species that mate for life with male partners. Sometimes they steal other duck's eggs, sometimes they just never rear young.
>>
>>8863854
Gender is part of your identity and people steal identities all the time because they're on a spectrum. How difficult is this for you to understand? Your intelligence seems to be on the lower side of the spectrum.
>>
>>8863340
>>Doctor recommends hormone blockers to keep kid from entering puberty
no this doesn't happen. no legitimate doctor believes in playing to the delusions of their mentally ill patients. transgenderism, according to DSM criteria, is a mental disease with close links to depression. essentially, ITS JUST CONFUSION.

>Kid becomes depressed and behavioral problems develop. He sneaks and wears the clothes anyway
this happens in rare cases, and tis is the actual gender disphoria(the mental disease i mentioned above)...the people who become transgender just because it is hip or their peers are doing it is teenage stupidity.
>>
>>8863871
You seem to be on some sort of spectrum. The first thing i mentioned that was prominent in nature similar to humans were physical structures such as dams. Then you try to relate that to gender somehow as if stealing someone's identity is similar to stealing their car. And I mean stealing identity as in doing the same things and acting like someone else, not in the legal sense. Fuck off with your "muh iq" bullshit as well to try to feel superior to someone on a mongolian basket weaving forum.
>>
>>8863883
>no legitimate doctor believes in playing to the delusions of their mentally ill patients
Where exactly do you believe these patients are getting prescriptions? Or would you just revert to no true Scotsman?
>>
>>8863885
Mongoloids who weave baskets are on a spectrum because of genetic diversity. The same happens with the gender spectrum.
>>
>>8863896
Gender is limited to that which is useful in society
>>
>>8863900
Your genetics don't conform to societal expectations. Your parents genes could mix in trillions of ways which creates a spectrum.
>>
>>8863892
what prescriptions? ffs, transgenderism isnt even a thing in medical sciences and is only a fairly recent inclusion(as in acknolwledgement) in psychiatry and psychology. May be they are getting illegal prescriptions from quack doctors
>>
>>8863664
>What I am against is lies like "homosexuality is genetic" being propagated by society.
What about that gene that influenced sexuality that was still there because it increased female fecundity.
>>
>>8863902
There are only two chromosomes that pair up to form sex first off (with exception to genetic disorders)

Second, gender is a social construct, but gender and sex aren't completely independent things

I'll defer you to these two anons who explain it better than I could.

>>8859821
>>8863142
>>
>>8863905
I can't even begin to fathom such willful ignorance of the reality.

You're like the chechens saying gays aren't a problem there because they have no gays.
>>
>>8863977
I've studied the population of Chechnya for years and what we concluded was that their demographics fall on a spectrum.
>>
>>8854709
It's literally in your DNA
>>
>>8854608
>Facts – not ideology – determine reality.
So chromosomes and DNA don't exist anymore?
>>
>>8863747
What does being a fag have to do with your gender. They're still fucking men, and that context goes both ways.
>>
>>8863853
>But again, if it is such a widespread, known thing in the scientific community like you claim it is, then there should be no problem providing a more valid alternative source, right?

but my source isn't the article, but the scientific articles the site cites. i'm not quoting a study done by an institute with an agenda, i'm quoting scientific studies without an agenda that are mentioned in an article written by a biased author. Asking for an alternative source when i quote the DMV-IV because the author quotes the DMV-IV is irrational.

>I am curious of your theory for how growing up in a southern Baptist, anti-gay family in rural Ohio with a strong, loving father and mother figure turned me gay though. It wasn't even like super anti-gay, just your standard learn-on-sundays it's a sin sort of stuff

I don't claim to know what specific environmental factors cause someone with CGN to develop homosexuality, so I wouldn't be able to answer that. The author of the above paper states that the environmental factors that cause it are most likely outside the family. On the other hand I've also read a theory speculating that having older male siblings correlating with a higher chance of developing homosexuality might be due to the younger sibling sexualizing men first at an early age. This theory was proposed after the "hormones in the womb" theory got debunked, which speculated that after multiple male births the hormonal balance inside the womb changes and that explains why people with multiple older male siblings have higher chances of developing homosexuality. There have also been studying showing high percentages of paternal abuse among homosexuals. All this about male homosexuality, since the study i mentioned also showed that female homosexuality has a completely different physiological causation and profile, with most homosexual women being bisexual whereas the majority of men were either straight or strictly homosexual.

cont
>>
File: reals.png (156KB, 549x349px) Image search: [Google]
reals.png
156KB, 549x349px
if we define the real numbers as a Nye spectrum, will it solve the logical problems?
>>
>>8863853
>https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF01550954?LI=true

i've actually read this whole paper and not just the article. the paper concluded that like you said, pedophiles do find young age a much bigger "turn on" than gender, it showed that the majority of the sample group were homosexuals in their adult sexual preferences. I am not arguing that pedophiles prefer x or y gender, this paper shows that even straight pedophiles are sexually turned on by same-sex children (which makes sense considering that secondary sexual characteristics haven't developed yet in children). A pedophile is a pedophile regardless of his preference in children's genders (which this article shows is secondary). But this article also concurs on the fact that there was a higher prevalence of pedophilia in males whose adult sexual preferences were of the same sex, something that many other studies have also shown. Hence the fact remains that homosexuals do have a higher chance of being a pedophile, while pedophiles (both straight and gay) find gender in children a secondary "turn on".

>But sure. Post all the articles from the ex-gay Christian ministries you want showing me how I'm doomed to die of AIDS and develop a drug problem

ye nice strawman. nothing i've said has been remotely unscientific or reactionary. you just want to paint me with the conservative brush to discredit my arguments since facts agree with me, despite the fact that i've already told you I'm a marxist and everything I'm saying isn't coming from some moralist point of view but rather from what data shows to be the truth.

>Which is exactly why the research I posted cautioned any transitioning until the patient was studied carefully for years and it was beyond reasonable doubt

yet it is possible for parents to get their teens and pre-teens on hormones, with the medical community finding this ethical and legislature allowing it.

cont
>>
>>8863853
you also choose to ignore the high rates of suicide in post-op GD patients.

>>8863859
none that I know of, but do link me some source on that claim if you want and I'll look into it
>>
>>8864038
I'm the first born and as I said was never abused by my dad. Why do I like cock?
>>
>>8864035
The point was that sexual orientation and gender falls on a spectrum.
>>
>>8864053
>>8864038
You're admittedly better read than I am, so I'll defer to your statements about transgenderism for the time being, but it's very difficult to buy into any of your theories about what causes homosexuality when none of your causes apply to myself. I had a perfectly normal childhood. I simply started noticing boys when I hit puberty just as everyone around me started noticing girls.

Idk man. It was just entirely natural and seems a completely innate trait. Unless I see one if these "theories" that actually applies to my development, I have no choice but to believe it's something innate.
>>
All this thread has taught me is it requires a Herculean effort to know anything about this bullshit and it's so politicized every source has to be examined under a microscope.

Doesn't really seem worth it.
>>
>>8863664
>higher rates of depression and higher rates of pedophilia

There's nothing to back this up. Sexual attraction is simply a spectrum.
>>
>>8864053
>Hence the fact remains that homosexuals do have a higher chance of being a pedophile
Probably because gays are more likely to be molested as children and molestation victims are also more likely to repeat the pattern as adults.
>>
>>8854603
>engineers
>>
>>8863792
what if I put my whole hand into my penis hole?
>>
>>8864168
That's the autism test, not the gender test.
>>
>>8854709
top lel, I'm going to quote this in the future
>>
>>8854709
Empiricism is a spectrum.
>>
>>8861687
More importantly, even with Klinefelter, etc there's still a very clear dichotomy:

Either you have a Y chromosome or you don't.

There are two sexes. period.
>>
File: shillnye ft. seahorse.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
shillnye ft. seahorse.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>
>>8864093
nigga do you really expect me to be able to answer that? all i can tell you is that you had CGN, and some environmental trigger turned it into homosexuality. I told you some of the theories (which are just that), but we don't yet know and most likely won't find out in the foreseeable future since all funding goes to research trying (and failing) to find some genetic factor involved to reaffirm the lgbt lobby's story. I'd love to be able to tell you why you're gay, and I have no problem with you being gay as long as you're not depressed or generally dysphoric because of it.

>>8864119
The vast majority of what you consider your personality is what it is due to environmental factors you don't even remember. This is why psychoanalysts (which i don't consider scientist in any stretch of the word) take so much time to undercover what specific event caused specific traumas in people. If it was easy, therapy wouldn't take so many years.

>>8864127
on depression

https://bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-244X-8-70

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1446201/

on pedophilia

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00926238408405945#aHR0cDovL3d3dy50YW5kZm9ubGluZS5jb20vZG9pL3BkZi8xMC4xMDgwLzAwOTI2MjM4NDA4NDA1OTQ1P25lZWRBY2Nlc3M9dHJ1ZUBAQDA=

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF01550954?LI=true

>>8864136
>Probably because gays are more likely to be molested as children and molestation victims are also more likely to repeat the pattern as adults.

it's more likely that being molested by men increases the chances of becoming homosexual.
>>
>>8864201
X and Y chromosomes are on a spectrum
>>
>>8864127
forgot this

>There's nothing to back this up. Sexual attraction is simply a spectrum

i never said this is untrue.
>>
>>8864256
>it's more likely that being molested by men increases the chances of becoming homosexual

How?
>>
>>8854709
look down your pants
>>
>>8864256
>If it was easy, therapy wouldn't take so many years.
No amount of therapy would rewire my brain to like pussy, m8.
>>
>>8864256
>CGN, and some environmental trigger turned it into homosexuality.
So homosexuality is epigenetic, like gay Anon already said but you dismissed.
>>
>>8864268
maybe, maybe not. might enable you to remember what defined your sexuality though. but like i said, if you're happy and you aren't repressing some molestation or some shit it's not something i'd personally care about

>>8864290
that's not what epigenetic means. epigenetic means a factor that effects genetic expression without being part of the genome itself, and is also heritable
>>
>>8854608
>Goldberg
>>
>repressing

You already said you don't believe in psychoanalysis, and you shouldn't.its been thoroughly debunked. Bring that shit out of there. I remember very vividly when I "became" gay.

In 6th grade I started puberty and discovered masturbation. Then discovered porn. I'd jerk off to straight and lesbian porn. It was erotic. About 2 months of that and I got bored and it became hard to get off with it, switched to hentai. That lasted about a month then went back to live action. Still became boring so I started fantasizing. Alternated like that for a while until I stumbled upon a video of twinks fucking. It never became boring. Never was hard to get off again.

If that's not proof enough to you it was there before I hit puberty, it certainly is for me.
>>
>>8864376
Puberty is a spectrum.
>>
>>8864357
>You already said you don't believe in psychoanalysis, and you shouldn't.its been thoroughly debunked.

its a proven thing that people forget traumatizing experiences. and like i said, your whole personality is based on environmental factors, genetics mostly determine predisposition.

>If that's not proof enough to you it was there before I hit puberty, it certainly is for me

i never said it wasn't. all i said was that what caused it wasn't genetic

>Also, environmental factors triggering genetic expression is textbook epigenetics so I'm not seeing how what you've been saying is any different from that

an epigenetic factor must be heritable. environmental changes on your phenotype aren't heritable.
>>
>>8864421
>its a proven thing that people forget traumatizing experiences
Traumatizing experiences like the ones you're talking about are not typically isolated incidents. Unless a hobo jumped out and diddled me then ran away one time when I was a child by myself, it's exceedingly unlikely this is the case.

>wasn't genetic
But you've literally been talking about a gene being part of the cause.
>>
>>8864435
>Traumatizing experiences like the ones you're talking about are not typically isolated incidents

ye true. but it wouldn't have to be rape to affect your personality, could be a male figure showing affection at an early age. im just spit balling.

>But you've literally been talking about a gene being part of the cause.

i said child gender nonconformity exhibits genetic heritability, but for CGN to develop into homosexuality an environmental trigger is needed.
>>
>>8864457
>an environmental trigger is needed.
But I've never been arguing against that per se.

>could be a male figure showing affection at an early age. im just spit balling.
Or it could be completely unrelated entirely. I'll admit my usage of the word "epigenetics" was incorrect, but this is legitimately what I've always personally thought was the cause. It's just when you frame that as starting with trauma or any specific trigger, it's difficult not to get defensive, especially on this site. But as long as you agree gay people can be gay through completely innocuous and natural causes beyond their control, I have no further qualms.
>>
>>8854704
Why do /pol/tards type like the fedorafags?
>>
>>8864495
Because /r/thedonald has fully consumed /pol/
>>
>>8864495
Stylometry is a spectrum.
>>
>>8856412
>if I just pretend that the problem doesn't exist, it will eventually go away
I'm sure Galileo felt the same way.
>>
>>8864508
Euphoria is a spectrum.
>>
>>8864483
>But as long as you agree gay people can be gay through completely innocuous and natural causes beyond their control, I have no further qualms.

never did i say or would i ever say something as ignorant as "homosexuality is a choice", nor was i attacking you or homosexuals. i don't know why you plastered right-wing reactionarism on me, when i told you earlier i'm a marxist.

>>8854704
back to your containment board autismo

>>>/pol/
>>
>>8854668
Bill Nye the Shabbos Goy

FTFY
>>
>>8864512
>don't know why you plastered right-wing reactionarism on me, when i told you earlier i'm a marxist.
I never did. Marxism has a long history of being just as shitty toward gay people as capitalism. It doesn't imply social liberalism.
>>
>>8864520
homosexuality was legal in the ussr until stalin's constitution. marx never mentioned or cared about homosexuality, since societal conditions (and hence environmental factors that could possibly affect its development) would be completely different in a socialist and in a communist society. it's also true that lgbt lobbies are used politically by the establishment social liberals to divert people from class struggle. this is why non-revisionist marxist might appear reactionary to you, while in reality they're just indifferent towards homosexuality and against neoliberal lgbt lobbying
>>
what about abnormal hormonal levels of the mom during pregnancy as an explanation for homosexuality?
>>
>>8864564
plays a role in the development of childhood gender nonconformity, but not in CGN development into homosexuality.
>>
>>8864561
Again, I don't particularly care which flavor of which ideology belong to. The right doesn't have a monopoly on being shitty to homos, so I don't assume you're for or against gay rights. It wasn't a particularly far fetched conclusion you weren't pro when the same rhetoric you used was the same rhetoric /pol/ uses to prove it's degenerate.
>>
>>8864561
this.
>>
>>8864609
except i never once condemned homosexuality in some moralist fashion as "sinful" or "degenerate". i simply stated that it's not genetic, but rather caused by environmental factors
>>
>>8864609
Marxists.socialists go straight to the bone and view class struggle as the source of all problems. Liberals just divert to identity politics to distract the masses that capitalism is the problem. people in the US seem to think liberals are left wing for some (((reason))).
>>
>>8864619
they think that because that's what they're taught by their media and education system. they're a nation of lobotomized lumpenproles, but that charade still won't be able to save neoliberalism from it's own internal contradictions
>>
>>8864612
Not saying you did. Just that it followed a similar pattern with the depression, pedophilia, AIDS routine. I'm just saying you can't blame a guy for seeing a pattern of 50 squares in a row and not guessing the next one will be a circle.

>>8864627
>>8864619
Again, I'm far too politically cynical to ever agree with any ideologue so there's no point in discussing politics. Suffice it to say I disdain identity politics on both sides of the political spectrum as well.
>>
>>8864646
>Again, I'm far too politically cynical to ever agree with any ideologue

everyone has an ideology, for example if you believe you don't you're a neoliberal
>>
>>8864660
Listen mate, I work for a wall street investment firm. If anything I'd advocate for a technocracy out of pragmatism.
>>
>>8864675
so you're a neoliberal then
>>
>>8864688
Fine by me.
>>
>>8862967
>nothing unnatural
yeah because nature sure created more than two sexes
>>
>>8863079
His argument was that something was natural faggot
>>
>>8864688
What is it with political types and getting so buttfrustrated when people simply aren't interested in thinking or talking about politics? Science is very time-consuming. Being a political news/debate junkie is a waste of precious time you'll never get back.
>>
>>8865313
Couldn't agree more.
>>
>>8865313
It's because those kinds of people are mostly children and/or manchildren
>>
File: 1492841410666.jpg (309KB, 806x746px) Image search: [Google]
1492841410666.jpg
309KB, 806x746px
>>8863883
you clearly have no understanding of this subject.
fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>8864231
>bigots ITT will criticize this aesthetic headbanging
4ching needs to be deleted desu
>>
Carl Sagan is the eye bleach your looking for after watching Bill Nye rap about gender identity and cultural appropriation in his new "science" show.

https://youtu.be/bBMcDPV2NrQ?t=2214
>>
>>8866333
>Random shit in the backround
>>
>>8865313
I consider myself very much a political type, but I just know how futile it is to argue politics on the internet so I simply end the conversation when they pop up.
>>
>>8854608
>an online petition

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is why you conservashits always lose. Thinking if you just vote on a FUCKING ONLINE PETITION at the comfort of your computer the problem will just go away! You people NEVER want to get your hands dirty and go on mass protests like Liberals do.
>>
File: le happy president face.jpg (124KB, 1200x625px) Image search: [Google]
le happy president face.jpg
124KB, 1200x625px
>>8866544
>Conservatives always lose because they don't go out and do things
>>
>>8854603
This man should have lost absolutely all credibility after this debacle. first, he only has a bachelors in mechanical engineering, which is not a scientific discipline and second, he's a massive fucking hypocrite.

people on /sci/, until recently, absolutely loved this guy. it's pathetic. he's never had any credibility with me
>>
>>8866544
To be fair libshits do this as well, and even in more instances.
>>
>>8863041
Because we can't apply the same standards of what is natural to a tree, a yeast, a human and a fucking fish specially in terms of gender.
Specially considering how some taxa amongs those groups have weird systems.
>>
>>8863603
And I'm going to take your very ignorant sounding view over the word of the study in the post you were responding to? You don't sound like you have any real knowledge on the subject, just the traditional view of "muh sacred natural body shouldn't be altered" and "it's weird and unnatural". DESU the transsexuals that you say are ugly are the ones who transitioned later in their lives. The ones that do it early, I doubt you could tell.
>>
>>8861609
autistic spectrum
>>
>>8866649
>not a scientific discipline
what does the E in STEM stand for you autist.
>>
>>8866759
this
>>
>>8854676
>Redirecting on pol
>deviating attention from such foulness

You'll be the first to be gassed
>>
File: 1456621427070.png (551KB, 964x912px) Image search: [Google]
1456621427070.png
551KB, 964x912px
>>8854784
>>8854770
GIRL + BOY == GOY
OH
>OH
MY
>MY
FUCKING
>FUCKING
G-D
>G-D

SHUT IT THE FUCK DOWN THEY KNOW
>>
>>8859902
how can it be gay to like a girl?
just be cause she happens to have a cute feminine penis doesn't make her a man, so it's not gay to like her!
>>
>>8864376
kid goes to 4chan, jacks off to hentai, suddenly: gay! many such cases!
>>
>>8867466
Jej
>>
>>8864495
They all crosspost on reddit.
>>
File: 1490142943095.jpg (83KB, 600x920px) Image search: [Google]
1490142943095.jpg
83KB, 600x920px
>>8867361
>>
File: plait4.jpg (820KB, 1832x1716px) Image search: [Google]
plait4.jpg
820KB, 1832x1716px
>>8861687
>>
File: plait hypocrite 1.jpg (702KB, 676x3457px) Image search: [Google]
plait hypocrite 1.jpg
702KB, 676x3457px
>>8868980
>>
>>8864027
>So chromosomes and DNA don't exist anymore?
what did you mean by this?
>>
>>8864198
Is mayonnaise a gender?
>>
>>8864136
>probably because gays are much more likely to molest children
Ftfy
>>
>>8864376
>starts whacking off to faggot porn
>turns into a faggot
>this is apparantly proof of something
>>
I want this stupid ass culture war to be over already. I don't even care who wins, just get it over with already, and stop talking about this obnoxious claptrap for fucking EVER
>>
>>8863288
underrated.
>>
>>8869797
>Can't wack off to straight porn
>Can wack off to faggot porn

Sounds pretty much like the definition of homosexuality, tbqh.
>>
>>8863505

thats a nice chihuahauaha you got there
>>
>>8864198
>XXXX is a spectrum.
I hate that meme
>>
>>8866649
>people on /sci/, until recently, absolutely loved this guy
he was already being an annoying retard when he said that the European refugee crisis was caused by global warming
>>
File: ec3.jpg (50KB, 680x534px) Image search: [Google]
ec3.jpg
50KB, 680x534px
>>8854603
Well /sci/?
>>
>>8870229
Cornell is better than all those univerisites combined. That's where Carl Sagem worked.
>>
>>8870120
Light is a spectrum
>>
>>8870556

but genders/sex are not.
>>
>>8856959
>>8856967
>>8859888
It's geared towards both teenagers with their stupid fist bops and towards middle aged laymen with their stupid "expert" panels, composed of journalists and 1 actual scientist.
>>
File: me settis.jpg (63KB, 540x569px) Image search: [Google]
me settis.jpg
63KB, 540x569px
>mfw I do mathematics instead of shit

Kek, feels good to be in a field where brainlets get btfo as soon as analysis hits. Don't have to deal with 78 IQ poltards and SJWs.

Joke, it doesn't. It's Saturday night and I'm home alone LMAOOO
>>
>>8870735

I was on the discord server where you posted that image.
>>
File: fatpieceofshit.jpg (38KB, 730x730px) Image search: [Google]
fatpieceofshit.jpg
38KB, 730x730px
>>8870738
This is the first time I'm posting it. I saved it from somewhere recently. Maybe it was from a discord server. What discord server?
>>
>>8861667
>sex is a spectrum because of super rare abnormalities, the majority not even being viable for reproduction or causing disabilities
>gender is defined as how people feel (remember that this is supposed to be a science show)
>zero (0) mention of, you know, the actual biology behind gender that shows how there are typical "male" and "female" characteristics
>putting gender expression there, which is basically how people dress
>saying that we can't know wether a brain is male or female just from looking at it (this is false)
>that fucking ice cream animation

It's an explanation taken directly from humanities courses, the only part that had a modicum of science was saying that intersex people exist, but it is used to push for non-scientific ideas like saying that it makes sex a spectrum
>>
>>8866649
>people on /sci/, until recently,
no they never did
>>
File: Enlightened.png (290KB, 539x322px) Image search: [Google]
Enlightened.png
290KB, 539x322px
>>8854603
>We are enlightened and forward-thinking

No one who refers to themselves as "enlightened and forward-thinking" is enlightened nor forward-thinking.
>>
thaknsk bill for bringing pol to sci you clever jew.
why the fuck do you people even care, crying "muh children" like somehow this brainwashing propaganda can hurt someone somehow. the only problem is the social stigma related to "gender fluidity" and the social alienation that can come from it

dont worry about it and it's a non issue. the media likes that you think this is an issue
>>
If you all actually watched the show, ignoring the autistic and cringey song about trannies, Bill states that sex is either male or female.

He says that a person's sex chromosome number can vary which makes it a spectrum which is true if not too broad.

But he also makes the point that gender is a spectrum and is merely how you identify and express yourself.

>muh libtard cuck
>>
File: 71859OMzmQL.jpg (256KB, 1100x1650px) Image search: [Google]
71859OMzmQL.jpg
256KB, 1100x1650px
>>8870863
>But he also makes the point that gender is a spectrum and is merely how you identify and express yourself.

As decreed ex-cathedral by random social science professor as objective truth of the universe based purely on their postmodern cultural-Marxist ideology.

>I fucking love SCIENCE!
>>
>>8870886

>decreed ex cathedral by random social science professor as objective truth

http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2016/gender-lines-science-transgender-identity/

lol k
>>
>>8870898
>LGBTQQIAAP+2S’s

>>>/trash/
>>
>>8870898

Just look at that figure made in Photoshop based on the author's feelings of how it should be and not actual data. So scientific! Everyone is so ignorant for ignoring this hard objective evidence.
>>
>>8870860
>stick head in sand
See guys? Things aren't so bad! No idea what everyone's is talking about and I have no ability to identify trends.
>>
>>8871001
>>neither
>>male
>>female
>>both
>both is not in the middle of male a female
>male and female are not separate dimensions with neither at the origin

triggered
>>
File: rainbow.png (99KB, 476x519px) Image search: [Google]
rainbow.png
99KB, 476x519px
>>8864511
>>8864508
rainbows are a spectrum :>
>>
>>8873191
bull
shit
just stop with this bait, there are two rainbows
>>
File: 1493308470256.jpg (34KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1493308470256.jpg
34KB, 657x527px
>>8873212
>>
>>8858969
I don't get this image
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.