[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What impact will Trump have on american education and science?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 68

File: 1485018224937.png (48KB, 639x341px) Image search: [Google]
1485018224937.png
48KB, 639x341px
What impact will Trump have on american education and science?
>>
File: dongald.jpg (77KB, 680x674px) Image search: [Google]
dongald.jpg
77KB, 680x674px
same impact as he'll have on the economy and on foreign relations.
he'll completely crap the bed and loudly insist that everything is better than ever

did I say "crap the bed"? I meant "piss the bed".
>>
>>8619455

Wasn't he putting in charge a bunch of guys who were climate change deniers?
>>
>>8619455
He will fuck everything up, just like Brexit will.

What a shitty time to do science, man.
>>
>>8619470

Explain your reasoning anon.

I wish to know your opinion.
>>
>>8619470
Imagine the EU had remained a trading agreement and didn't eventually turn into some insidious scheme to fill up good countries with fat, ugly, barely-literate swarthy eastern European peasant, scrounging trash who have no business in civilised countries and whose presence here is running the NHS, schools, social housing, etc into the fucking ground.

Then the public wouldn't have been so alarmed as to vote out.
>>
>>8619466
Alt-right extremist in the supreme court,
Net neutrality hater(Ajit Pai) in charge of Federal Communications Commission(rip internet),
Global warming denier(Scott Pruitt) in charge of environmental protection agency,
Religious nutjob as vice-president...
>>
>>8619483
>NHS is purely run by white people
If you actually lived in the UK you'd know how many non-whites, slavs and russians do a better job at being doctors.
>>
>>8619488

Mmmm I am not American myself, nor I know much about Trump (although I do dislike his religious like following / the so called ''''''alt'''''' righters that preach everything he says and repeat buzzwords), I suppose if you posted this on pol there would be endless replies calling you ''''libcuck''''' and what not, but, is there anything good that can be said, from your point of view, about Trump?
>>
>>8619510

he's very handsome
>>
>>8619505
Hey I do live in the UK and I'm all for skilled workers coming here. The NHS needs staff from all over the world. What the country doesn't need is loads of scrougning Romanians coming here just to rinse the benefits system (because our dole is worth more than the average wage there).
>>
File: AWOOOOoooo.jpg (53KB, 616x462px) Image search: [Google]
AWOOOOoooo.jpg
53KB, 616x462px
>>8619455
>tfw aerospace engineer
Ready to work on the missile defense system and/or the lunar station t.b.h
>>
>>8619455
Who the fuck knows? He barely became the president of the U.S. yesterday.

Stop making these threads on /sci/.
>>
>>8619561

>how could anyone have an opinion on trump from his extensive public life spanning 20 years!? he just became president!
>>
he'll fix the disastrous common core shit that obongo put into place
>>
>>8619527
Do you think people abusing the welfare system is the reason the reason of the crisis?, usually blame inmigrants is the first thing a populist do
(excuse my shitty english amigo)
>>
>>8619526
go back to >>>/lgbt/
>>
>>8619455
Hopefully less subsidy for all these pseudo-scientific propagandists.
>>
>>8619601

I'm a girl (male)
>>
>>8619455
at least he'll finally defund fake science like climate research
>>
>>8619618
are you sure your brain isn't fake? have you checked?
>>
>>8619527
>and I'm all for skilled workers coming here.
Plus they're family, plus their relatives, plus their half breed bastards they produce by shagging the local sluts.....

And then a few decades later the "skilled workers" are now unskilled non-white trash who are the majority of the country

Fucking liberals importing voters is the most disgusting thing they do, and noone really sees a problem with it...
>>
>>8619636

>Fucking liberals importing voters is the most disgusting thing they do

Do conservatives do this?
>>
>>8619642

no, conservatives have religious morality to guide their actions
>>
>>8619647

Liberals don't have religious morality?
>>
>>8619594
Yeah millions of poor people from countries that, frankly, don't merit being in the EU suddenly coming here is having no negative effect whatsoever on the nation and its public services.

FFS, people like you are the problem. Let's just pretend that society is a bottomless pit of resources and we'll turn it into a great big melting pot big enough to take Eastern Europe and all the peasants it's got.

While the rest of the world points and laughs.
>>
>>8619650

no liberals are immoral atheists
>>
>>8619462
>>8619470
>Totally no fear mongering guys
Can you retarded libshits return to your cave? The people have decided that they've had enough of your shit.
>>8619455
He said he wants to invest in our space program so I'm cautiously optimistic. It's been a while since we've actually had a president give a shit about this type of thing at all.
>>
>>8619652

But there's religious liberals and morality is an inherent virtue of man.

So it cannot be the case that conservatives have religious morality and liberals don't.
>>
>>8619654
Also, he definitely wants to invest in our nuclear weapons program so again, I'm somewhat optimistic about his effect on science
>>
>>8619654

>Can you retarded libshits

Why is everybody who disagrees a lib ''''shit''''?

I am curious to know the reasoning behind your claim.
>>
>>8619654

,,>Lina hits

FYI every board on here except the ones that are notoriously low quality (/pol, /r9k/) openly denounces /pol/ and all of the morons with hivemind opinions it produces
>>
>>8619658

I don't actually believe what I'm posting, I was just baiting
>>
>>8619455
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk
>>
>>8619662
It's one thing to have a different opinion about Trump. It's another to act like the world will end just because he was elected and cite that bullshit story about Russian hookers.
>>8619665
> every board on here except the ones that are notoriously low quality
Every board on 4chan is low-quality, even if they aren't notorious for it. Don't act like jsut because /sci/, /lit/,/co/ and /his/ don't like /pol/ they're any better than /pol/. The only somewhat decent boards are /m/, /o/ and /k/ and their ambivalent towards /pol/ for the most part.
>>
>>8619675

>bullshit story about Russian hookers

You mean the alleged Russian involvement in the election?

How do you know its bullshit?
>>
>>8619662
It's the "us vs them" group thinking mentality.
>>
>>8619455
/pol/ avoids discussing Trumps blatant anti-science views and anybody who brings it up is a "cuck".

Gets me thinking.
>>
>>8619654
>donald stacks EPA and cabinet with climate change deniers
>promises to cut science funding
but if you acknowledge this, suddenly it's fear-mongering
>>
>>8619675

you didn't actually address what was said, you just criticized the claim that some boards are more low quality than others. either way, your point that people are tired of "libshits" is wrong outside of your hugbox
>>
>>8619685
CTR shill please leave.

On a serious note why couldn't the race have been Bernie vs Rubio?
>>
>>8619685
provoking /pol/acks with your pic makes no logical sense, the elections are over and hillary being such a terrible canidate is why trump won.
>>
>>8619677
1) Michigan uses paper ballots exclusively, so how did the Russians hack them?
2) Assange leaked classified Russian docs on Wikileaks as well (under Putin's watch), so if Putin could, he would get Assange killed, not actively work with them
3) There's literally been no evidence from any intelligence agency that conclusively showed the Russia did jackshit. It's just a bunch of conjecturing.

4) Podesta's password was "2016". /pol/ cracked it in fact. Podesta fell for a phishing scheme and was too unintelligent to realize it was a phishing scheme.

5) The DNC declined an offer by the FBI to look at said "hacked" servers.

Also for some reason, no one gave two shits when China hacked 1 million American's personal details, but that's unimportant.
>>
>>8619693
Our shit political system and the generally complacent populace is why Trump won, Hillary being a disgusting corrupt cunt didn't help but it wasn't only her that got Trump the victory.
>>
>>8619700
John Oliver was hacked too, his password being "CURRENT YEAR"
>>
>>8619685
even if global warming is real, you can save billions a year on firing all those career bureaucrats/"scientists"
>>
>>8619712
There is no "even if". Global Warming is a real thing. What people are arguing about is the degree of which it will affect us, not about whether or not it is happening.
>>
>>8619685
>Climate change is a problem when ISIS is actively trying to form a caliphate in the Middle East, the new Cold War erupted and we're closer than ever to 12:00 on a nuclear clock.
>>8619686
>every board on here except the ones that are notoriously low quality (/pol, /r9k/) openly denounces /pol/ and all of the morons with hivemind opinions it produces
No I'm saying /pol/ isn't special in this. /sci/ is a s much of a hugbox as /pol/ is (even more in some instances).
>>8619710
Kek
>>8619717
Well, we're fucked if it's real. Why do we care in the first place?
>>
>>8619455
It will be like the impact that may have formed the moon. It will utterly fuck up stuff for a really long time, but things will eventually reach a new normal long after trump is gone
>>
>>8619717
You'd eat your words if the Earth started getting colder due to greater albedo or w/e
>>
>>8619564

fuck off kiddo.

not even him you replied to.
>>
File: [laughs in American].jpg (16KB, 323x326px) Image search: [Google]
[laughs in American].jpg
16KB, 323x326px
>>8619688
>>8619712
>>8619721
>/pol/acks getting triggered

>>8619732
>you'd think differently if things were different
well duh. that's a sign of an investigative mind.
>>
>>8619735
This >>8619688 is me. I was joking.
>>
File: no.png (190KB, 620x482px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
190KB, 620x482px
>>8619721

>Climate change is a problem when ISIS is actively trying to form a caliphate in the Middle East, the new Cold War erupted and we're closer than ever to 12:00 on a nuclear clock.

The man mentioned climate change in response to the Threads topic (damage to education and science).

Then you addressed multiple issues.

Your leading sentence is ''Climate change is a problem when...'', I assume what you are trying to do here is prove that, given the existence of those other problems, then climate change isn't really one to be worried about.

But we should worry about climate change and worry about all those other problems. And we do.

I am curious as to what you are trying to prove here?

>the new Cold War erupted

It did?

>we're closer than ever to 12:00 on a nuclear clock

Lets see.

I'd say the closer we've ever been is during the Cuban missile crisis; but we're not as close as then. Therefore we're not closer than ever.

Can you prove your statement anon?
>>
>>8619721
Who gives a fuck about ISIS?

They aren't an issue even comparable to something like climate change.
>>
>>8619746
how many trucks has climate change ran into children lately?
>>
>>8619651
this is literally copy pasted from another website
also, here is your pitiful (you)
CAS is against fraud. It’s wrong. It impacts on our overall economy. Unfortunately it occurs in all economies and in all parts of the economy. Benefit fraud is a problem, however it seems to get more attention than other fraud, so we thought we’d set out the position within the UK’s finances.

The UK government estimates that total fraud across the whole of the economy amounts to ÂŁ73 billion a year. UK government figures for 2012 estimate benefits overpaid due to fraud is ÂŁ1.2 billion and tax credit fraud is ÂŁ380 million. So just under ÂŁ1.6 billion in total; less than 1% of the overall benefits and tax credits expenditure and less than benefits underpaid and overpaid due to error.

It's a lot of money, and it’s never right, but unfortunately fraud happens in many walks of life. Sometimes it helps to compare the figures with other fraud or error. More than this amount was overpaid in benefits due to claimant and official error. That was £2.2 billion in 2011/12 and is recovered by the UK Government. Equally claimant and official error led to £1.3 billion benefits being underpaid.

So to get some perspective, benefit fraud represents 2% of the estimated total annual fraud in the UK. Public sector fraud, which includes benefit fraud, is ÂŁ20.3 billion a year, so within this category it accounts for just under 8%. The majority of this ÂŁ20 billion is tax fraud which costs the economy ÂŁ14 billion annually, or 69%. So we can see that both in absolute and percentage terms tax fraud is a much bigger issue than benefit fraud. In fact, out of all the categories of fraud calculated by the UK Government, benefit fraud is the second lowest. Only identity fraud which costs individuals ÂŁ1.4billion a year comes below it.
Date: 30 Sep 2013
>>
>>8619658
>morality is an inherent virtue of man.
lol
This is why everything you libs do turns into disasters, because you simply deny reality
>>
File: gillol.jpg (130KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
gillol.jpg
130KB, 640x718px
>>8619455
>honered
>>
>>8619755
Who said anything about fraud? I'm just talking about millions of extra claimants arriving almost overnight. Even the ones who work (not the Romanians, then, because even if they wanted to work they're pretty much unemployable) almost certainly claim housing benefit and tax credits.

You now have to wait a month for an appointment at my local doctor surgery - and when you get there the waiting room is full to the brim with foreigners.

This is fucking criminal, what's being done here. There are too many people here - most of whom wouldn't stand a chance under a points-based system because there's absolutely nothing remarkable about them. But standards are raysis, right?
>>
>>8619749
Climate change is creating more and more habitable places for mosquitoes carrying malaria to live since areas that were once too cold for mosquitoes to live have been warming.

Hundreds of millions die from malaria every year, ISIS have killed around 500,000 at best since they have come into existence.

That is just one side effect from climate change too, and that is only one disease of many that mosquitoes carry.

ISIS is not an issue and their end goal is another World War. Don't give them war and they will most likely collapse within a decade. The new recruits will dry up when they see that the organization isn't getting any results. The best course of action is to leave them and the entirety of the Middle East alone.
>>
>>8619757

Conservatives deny reality?
>>
>>8619759
"Honored" isn't much better though.
>>
>>8619769
>The best course of action is to leave them and the entirety of the Middle East alone.
Yes, if only Zionist-controlled America would just leave the Middle East alone. And stop bankrolling ISIS. That would be just peachy.
>>
>>8619735
>Everyone I disagree with is a /pol/ack
>>
>>8619776
They won't stop bankrolling ISIS because once that issue is gone people will start looking for other ones, like how much money is being traded between big businesses and the government. They need issues that evoke strong emotion, issues that keep eyes away from boring shit like our politicians being bought. Sand niggers beheading and shooting eachother and sometimes killing a few hundred people in Western nations is exactly what they need to keep the heat off of them.
>>
>>8619769
Thats a good thing, let the mudskins die in their millions, let their agriculture collapse, thats what we gotta do to fix this world up

The average IQ of the world has declined like 5 points over the last few decades
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>8619767
oh, thats out of my knowledge then
>>
>>8619790

>The average IQ of the world

You don't sound too bright yourself anon, you realize this do you?
>>
>>8619801
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect
>>
>>8619790
It's not only mudskins though, we thought that things like Zika would stay in the South American shitholes but cases of it have cropped up in the southern states of the US. Granted, it's not as big of a problem here because of how effective our medical treatments are compared to those nations, it's still alarming for the disease to have spread this far North regardless.
>>
>>8619803

I am not talking about the IQ tests.

I am talking about you and the way you express yourself.

Perhaps I should've been more clear. I think you have very childish opinions, yet you parade them with pride while sitting on a high horse of self righteousness. But I do wonder if you do realize this or remain willfully ignorant of this situation.
>>
>>8619721
>Well, we're fucked if it's real. Why do we care in the first place?

So we can begin preparations to mitigate the worst of it. For example putting money into levee and dike construction or into better irrigation and water conservation efforts.
>>
>>8619829
>dike construction

We don't need lesbians building shit.
>>
>>8619842
And the last thing we need is more irrigation. There are too many irrigants here already.
>>
>>8619654
shut up, you're shilling for a snake oil salesman who promised you the moon and you do it for FREE

You're pathetic.
>>
>>8619510
is this the only board not infested by /pol/turds? How do we fix this degenerate site?
>>
>>8619505
>Nobody invests in training local doctors
>Wages for nurses/midwifes are shit compared to three work they have to do
>Nobody has the balls to just increase tax
>It's just not politically expedient
>Consequently a fuck load of cheaper labour has to be found
>Some time later "I think you'll find we need immigrants to keep the NHS running"

I hate people like you so god damn much its unreal. The over reliance on foreign labour is an argument to get more people from the Home countries training to enter the medical profession.
>>
File: trousled.png (54KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
trousled.png
54KB, 500x712px
>>8619842
>>8619856
>>
>>8619804
I think that was mostly just people travelling to south america then coming back & falling sick

>>8619801
?
>>
>>8619455
His administration is most likely just going to try to put power back in the hands of the state by dismantling various federal agencies.
>>
>>8619865
The government will also do stuff like dodge standards for foreign labor
Or underpay them
>>
>>8619874

>?

>>8619813
>>
>>8619462
>"did I say "crap the bed"? I meant "piss the bed"".
>not just changing what you originally typed

why do people do this on the internet?
>>
>>8619884
Which part of my post indicates my IQ
>>
>>8619886
?
Do you not understand the retarded "joke" he intended?
>>
>>8619864

>is this the only board not infested by /pol/turds?

This board is infected by those from pol.

Look at the climate change / global warming threads who, apparently, were made by them in the first place.

sci is attractive for most people. Mainly because they consider it a place where smarties gather. They are not entirely wrong.

The problem is when pol users are confronted with a different reality once they arrive. As they encounter here something they lack (a scientific proper approach to things instead of a radical non nonsensical one) and, in the process, they shit up the board.
>>
>>8619888

>>8619813 was for >>8619790
>>
>>8619895
Theres 26 different people in this thread
>>
>>8619882
>standards for foreign labor

Here language requirements are often, shall we say secondary to skill. Which means you can go see Dr. Hassan if you want, but he's no idea what you're saying.
>>
>>8619899
Theres often a big gap between "able to speak english/pass a test" and actually being fluent in english
>>
>>8619860
More like you're still butthurt you lost the election and now you say anyone that remotely supported Trump or doesn't say anything negative about him is shilling for him. That honestly sounds pretty fucking pathetic to me, especially since the election was 3 months ago and you STILL haven't gotten over it.
>>
>>8619455

A wave of Anti-Intellectualism is what put him into the office.

As witnessed on /sci/, it is currently popular to denounce science and the scientific community.

The results should not be surprising.
>>
>>8619488
>alt-right

That's a label that has become controlled-opposition synonymous with white-nationalist (I'm a black trumpfag). Trump really is more of a neo-liberal with a helping of "countrymen-first" nationalism and social conservatism. He's pro-universal healthcare but somehow he's viewed as the opposite because he's against the corporatist ACA.

You're a fool if you think the whole of government is going to get smaller under his watch. That doesn't mean other areas won't get less regulated.

>Net neutrality hater(Ajit Pai) in charge of Federal Communications Commission(rip internet),
Regulations that limit who can provide internet is the real problem. You knock those out and the people who try to sell you differing "internet packages" will get raped by the 8x6 cock known as the Free Market

>Global warming denier(Scott Pruitt) in charge of environmental protection agency,
CC is a problem but it's not an eminent problem since we were all supposed to be dead by now under Al Gore's old predictions. At least Trump will continue what Obama is doing in supporting the growth of nuclear power.

>Religious nutjob as vice-president...
He's religious but you do know the whole "shock gays" thing is a meme right? He's never promoted "gay conversion therapy" even once.
>>
>>8619925
>You're a fool if you think the whole of government is going to get smaller under his watch.
I guarrentee that it will, because thats the "swamp" being drained
Or all the democrat supporting bureaucrats
>>
>>8619924
>A wave of Anti-Intellectualism is what put him into the office.
>Says one of the many faggots who unironically thing Russia is the reason why he won
>>
>>8619455
Trying to be objective for a moment. While he takes a highly skeptical position on climate change, he also seems to be far more open to practical alternatives to coal and oil, like natural gas and nuclear fission, than his predecessors, with the caveat that he wants these alternatives to be phased in gradually enough that it's not flat out driving thousands of people out of work without new jobs for them to fall back on. He could prove to be the first pro-nuclear power president in decades.

And, credit where credit is due, his whole "American exceptionalism" platform seems to be genuine in its intent, which could be extremely good for science and engineering in the United States if it ends up encouraging the kind of nationalistic attitude towards research and technology we enjoyed in the 50s and 60s.
>>
>>8619956

Why do you assume hes part of the people who believe that?
>>
>>8619959
He literally doesn't know the reason why Trump won: the fucking economy in the Rustbelt has been stagnant for 8 years and people in those states are sick of Obama's failed policies affecting their lives negatively
>>
>>8619924

Nah what put him in office was white people in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin that no one bothered trying to campaign for but Trump.

When the two candidates are

>let's talk about identity politics and how evil straight white men are for their past sins

vs

>let's talk about the jobs that are being exported to Mexico, China, Russia, etc.

it's no surprise that almost all of these unemployed white dudes are going to vote for the latter over the former. The biggest change this election was that whites voted exactly like a minority group in many areas.
>>
>>8619963

So this puts him on the set of those who believe that the election was hacked?

The logic here is wrong.
>>
>>8619971
Maybe I could have phrased that a little better, but what I meant fundamentally is that creating stupid false reasons why Trump won helps no one. IF the Democrats focused on the economy and actual issues affecting people this election, I doubt they would have won, but they wouldn't have lost their core constituency to a steak salesman
>>
>>8619924
This attitude is exactly why the Democrats lost this election - talking down to everyone who doesn't share their point of view and ignoring or mocking their concerns while acting like a bunch of pretentious assholes.
>>
>>8619958
Hey! Don't you dare be reasonable or optimistic!! This thread is only for doom and gloom!
>>
>>8619956

I don't think so.

I think that a bunch of poor white people with little to no education are angry and do not want to blame themselves. They need somewhere to throw all that shade.

MINORITIES and SCIENTISTS are the evil ones! Save use from the MINORITIES and SCIENTISTS our savior, TRUMP the BILLIONAIRE!!!

Southern Strategy 101. Rich people redirected your anger and self-pity towards minorities and scientists. Herp, derp, G-U-L-L-I-B-L-E.
>>
>>8619886
because he's a totally quirky retarded redditor.

>>8619891
take yourself and your """joke"" and fuck off to >>>/r/eddit/
>>
>>8619997
>I think that a bunch of poor white people with little to no education are angry and do not want to blame themselves.
So it's somehow a rural Ohioan's fault that he lost the job he had for 20 years due to his company moving it overseas to be cheap shitbaggers and now he has to work 2 jobs to get half the pay?

>MINORITIES and SCIENTISTS are the evil ones! Save use from the MINORITIES and SCIENTISTS our savior, TRUMP the BILLIONAIRE!!!

Where in my post did I say that? I'm just pointing out it's a pretty fucking stupid idea to alienate your core voting bloc like the Democrats did this election and call them things like
-racist
-stupid
-sexist
-homophobic
etc.
to get them to vote for your candidate.
>Southern Strategy 101
Protip: Trump is from New York City and the Rustbelt is in the Northern part of the country (PA, MI, WI, MN, and MI). Talk about a relevant part of the country next time fag.
>>
>>8619997
>I think that a bunch of poor white people with little to no education are angry and do not want to blame themselves.
Oh yeah, keep mocking and ridiculing the white working class. Call them all retards and angry little shits.

That worked SO WELL in the election!
>>
>>8619997
You know when you alienate 60-70% of the country
You kinda don't win elections anymore

There are HUGE SWATHS of the country that are 80%+ red now
These people don't go back to voting democrat, you dems are the party of the black rioters, muslims, la raza beaners, and whacko liberal celebrities
>>
File: 1476846155548.jpg (58KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1476846155548.jpg
58KB, 604x453px
>>8620005

>So it's somehow a rural Ohioan's fault that he lost the job he had for 20 years due to his company moving it overseas

No. Its the fault of a free market capitalistic economy.

>to be cheap shitbaggers

There's nothing cheap with conforming to such rules. It is not mystery that people like to buy more for less and that companies like to keep costs low.

It is not '''''greed''''' is the efficient movement and use of scarce resources.

It's not that your opinion is ''''''wrong'''''' it's that you gotta point fingers in the right direction.
>>
Hang libcucks, gas the kikes, deport Hispanics and genocide the blacks.

Hopefully.
>>
>>8620005
>So it's somehow a rural Ohioan's fault that he lost the job he had for 20 years due to his company moving it overseas to be cheap shitbaggers and now he has to work 2 jobs to get half the pay?

Well, if people wanted to throw their anger somewhere, why wouldn't they throw it somewhere productive? For example, they could throw it at the people that chose to move their jobs overseas.

Instead, somehow, they end up doing the opposite and start cheering on and supporting the people that moved their jobs overseas while blaming minorities for stealing jobs.

And, yes, no one likes to eat some of the blame, but they too were partially to blame. High paying labor jobs for life were not going to stay around for ever. If they didn't see that coming from a mile a way, I think they should eat some of the blame too.
>>
>>8620020
That's exactly what's going to happen and if it doesn't we should all rise up and take back America from the shitskins.
>>
>>8620007

That's exactly what they are. I am not trying to be insulting. They wear indignation as a badge of pride.

The part that doesn't make sense to me is how they throw all of those feelings of injustice towards minorities and scientists instead of the rich people that are ruining their lives.

Why do they defend free market, deregulation, etc., etc. so much? The magic word used to be "trickle-down-economics", now it is "free market economics" or something like that. And a billionaire New Yorker is voted in. How can that be?

I don't get it.
>>
>>8619886
He was making fun of the fake news media who released the fake story about russian pissing hookers.
>>
>>8620028
>>8620020

The sad thing is that I have no idea if you are trolls or not, and that is really scary to me.
>>
>>8620044
>trolls
Fuck you sjw cuck.
Those are the types of non-racist and oppressed white people that got alienated by you out of touch liberals.
>>
>>8620044

You actually have a hard time believe they are serious?

You have an entire board that partakes in such circle jerks yet you still wonder? This type of ''Oh shit are they actually serious?'' indecision is what got people killed in the first place once fascism struck and it was too late for them to make their move.
>>
>>8620024
>High paying labor jobs for life were not going to stay around for ever
I don't see why not. Not everyone can,should, or wants to go to college to get the same level of education you have in order to pay off student debt. Why is it that partisan libtards and evangelonuts on the right have a hard time putting themselves in someone else's shoes and seeing their side of the story?
>Instead, somehow, they end up doing the opposite and start cheering on and supporting the people that moved their jobs overseas while blaming minorities for stealing jobs.
No. We're blaming corrupt and idiotic politicians in Washington for not doing their job for a fucking while (at least since Reagan's presidency). Why do you think "drain the swamp" is a mantra by now?
>>8620031
Because a New York billionaire understands their plight better than the leaders of the "worker's" party. They wouldn't need to vote for Trump at all and he probably wouldn't run if that weren't the case. However, over the past 8 years, the Democrats have been fucking the lives of the white working class with the ACA, then the stagnant economy, then identity politics. The white working class had enough of that and they voted in someone that showed some understanding of what turmoil is going on in their daily lives and told them he wants them to contributre to society again
>>
>>8620053
>with the ACA,
false, ACA has helped people stay alive, when they would have died otherwise
>then the stagnant economy,
was worse under repubs
> then identity politics.
1. it's annoying, but it's not something to lose your mind over
2. 'let's throw some more idpol in there'
>>
>>8620053

>I don't see why not

You don't see because you don't understand economics.
>>
>>8620053

I understand and agree with most of what you said, but I still think Trump is playing the country like a fiddle.
>>
>>8619455
Suicide rates in the liberal arts bracket will sky rocket.
>>
File: current year.jpg (30KB, 367x390px) Image search: [Google]
current year.jpg
30KB, 367x390px
>>8619925
>Regulations that limit who can provide internet is the real problem.
that's not what net neutrality is. net neutrality is simply the idea that all sites' data has to be given equal priority, and that ISPs aren't allowed to extort websites by threatening to slow their customers' traffic to those sites.
>http://theoatmeal.com/blog/net_neutrality
if you support a free market, you should be in favor of net neutrality. just like regulations against price-fixing collusion, it helps keep a level playing field that allows the market to actually remain free (rather than the biggest players manipulating it for their own profit).

>>8620005
>So it's somehow a rural Ohioan's fault that he lost the job he had for 20 years due to his company moving it overseas to be cheap shitbaggers and now he has to work 2 jobs to get half the pay?
when that same guy turns around and votes for the party and for the candidates who have a long history of outsourcing...and expect them to suddenly turn around and start working for him...then yeah, you kinda gotta laugh at him.

>>Southern Strategy 101
>Protip: Trump is from New York City and the Rustbelt is in the Northern part of the country (PA, MI, WI, MN, and MI).
you know who else is from NYC? Kevin Phillips, the guy who implemented the Southern Strategy for Nixon. and while it was put to work in the Rust Belt this time, it was originally used in the South and retains its name.
nice attempt at semantics, fag.

>>8620040
jury's still out on the Russia dossier. I doubt it's entirely true, but I look forward to seeing what can and cannot be corroborated.
>>
File: ACA is shit.jpg (459KB, 1102x1330px) Image search: [Google]
ACA is shit.jpg
459KB, 1102x1330px
>>8620061
>ACA has helped people stay alive, when they would have died otherwise
And created monopolies and cause fucking ridiculous rate hikes like in pic related.
>was worse under repubs
Yeah. That's why even GWB managed a 3% GDP growth at least once during his presidency, yet Obama could never hit that mark during all of his 8 years
>1. it's annoying, but it's not something to lose your mind over
Even s a black man, identity politics has gotten so fucking stupid.; You literally protect criminals and lambaste hard working white people (specifically males) ... for being white (and males in the case of white men). How the fuck do you think that is not just annoying, but literally radicalizing the whole white population slowly to start hating the Democratic Party slowly?
>>8620063
Not an Argument
>>8620068
Maybe. We'll see.
>>
>>8620081

How about this >>8620018 for an argument.

You conveniently chose to ignore it.
>>
>>8620081
>And created monopolies
existed before
>and cause fucking ridiculous rate hikes like in pic related.
rates are always on the increase, the rates of increase have not changed under ACA

>Even s a black man
Post hand with a /sci/ timestamp
>>
>>8620073
>when that same guy turns around and votes for the party and for the candidates who have a long history of outsourcing...and expect them to suddenly turn around and start working for him...then yeah, you kinda gotta laugh at him.
Yet Obama did nothing to stop the outsourcing of said jobs for 8 years, even after the people voted for him twice. It's a case of "fool me once". The Democrats had a chance (two in fact to do something about outsourcing in the Rustbelt. Instead, Obama and his Party started defending literal criminals and saying there is no connection between Islam and terrorism (which you would have to be braindead to believe) .
Also, tell me what's o so racist about caring about whether you can feed your family or not? Because that's literally 90% of Trump's campaign: The economy's shit because Obama and his friends in his party are both corrupt and inept. The rest of his campaign is mainly focused on keeping the jobs here and cleaning up Washington. You have yet to really convince me that anything Trump said is really racist at all.
>inb4 the Wall
Every nation deserves borders, including us and Mexico. It makes no sense that Mexico can have a wall to it's south to prevent illegals from going into Mexico, yet we can't because that would be racist.
>>
Where did this whole "Trump is anti-science" thing come from?

Apart from a (not unreasonable) amount of skepticism directed at some of the more alarmist conclusions drawn by climate researchers, I haven't really seen anything that screams "Trump hates all things science!!!"
>>
>>8620102

>It makes no sense that Mexico can have a wall to it's south to prevent illegals from going into Mexico

There's no wall between Guatemala and Mexico anon.

Even then, it should be there in order to stop and prevent immigrants from coming in and get caught into the hands of evil people willing to use them or trade with them (like the local cartels).
>>
>>8619462
>did I say "crap the bed"? I meant "piss the bed"
>Diagnosed schizophrenia

Good luck in life sci bro. Hope you don't end up on the streets.
>>
>>8620018
>No. Its the fault of a free market capitalistic economy.
I agree somewhat. It's the fault of our politicians for not looking out for our national interest by using protectionist policies.
>There's nothing cheap with conforming to such rules. It is not mystery that people like to buy more for less and that companies like to keep costs low.
>It is not '''''greed''''' is the efficient movement and use of scarce resources.

>It's not that your opinion is ''''''wrong'''''' it's that you gotta point fingers in the right direction.
That's true. I have no argument here.
The problem really isn't corporations. They're doing what's right for them. Like I said before, our politicians either don't give a shit or are in league with said corporations and allow this to happen. That's where the problem is.

>>8620111
That's not my point. My point is there's nothing fucking racist about a wall when we have a massive immigration crisis which is affecting our economy and our national security. I Mexico doesn't want to build a Southern Wall, so e it. That's their problem. But they shouldn't tell us not to build our own Wall because that would be "racist"
>>
File: immigration_to_US.jpg (2MB, 2448x1584px) Image search: [Google]
immigration_to_US.jpg
2MB, 2448x1584px
>>
File: 1484410268288.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1484410268288.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>8620031

Reminder that most of the people in question you're talking about don't critical think or analyze history.

Blacks would not be America in such large populations if not for the wealthy who wanted cheap labor.

Hispanics would not be here in large numbers if not for companies wanting cheap labor.

Muslims would not be migrating to the U.S. and Europe in large numbers if not for foreign policies done in the 70's and 80's by the U.S. and Russia.

China wouldn't be taking so many jobs away from the U.S. if they didn't own over a trillion dollars of our debt and basically got their own economy jump started by U.S. private company investments decades ago.

The rich have been the working white person's worst enemy. And the fact that they put their faith in a Billionaire who was born into wealth, invested heavily in foreign companies and his current wife is foreign born gives a flying fuck about them is nonsensical.

Trump doesn't give a fuck about them, this is about his Legacy, his family and his partners in arms (which thanks to winning the presidency is now a certified DYNASTY not some bullshit political dynasty but a """REAL DYNASTY""").

Most of these people are legitimate retards.
>>
>>8620103

His supporters constantly rally around/against universities and science.

They equate people who go to college to rich, spoiled, snobs who look down on them and who are out of touch with reality.

They believe that much of the science that is being published is not science, but instead a snobby opinion wrapped in a bunch of jargon.

I am not even going to go into the sjw memes, but they assume that's the function of universities -- to pump out sjws. They believe that people who go to colleges are converted into sjw that need safe space.
>>
>>8620115
>The problem really isn't corporations. They're doing what's right for them. Like I said before, our politicians either don't give a shit or are in league with said corporations and allow this to happen. That's where the problem is.

100% agree.
>>
File: horrifying.jpg (412KB, 960x706px) Image search: [Google]
horrifying.jpg
412KB, 960x706px
>>8620102
>Yet Obama did nothing to stop the outsourcing of said jobs
He (and Congressional Democrats) put forward a bill that would give tax breaks to companies that brought jobs back, and strip tax breaks from companies that outsourced. Amazingly enough, Republicans in the Senate didn't even allow a vote on it.
>http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/19/politics/senate-bring-jobs-home-bill-blocked/

>The economy's shit because Obama and his friends in his party are both corrupt and inept.
The bottom fell out of the economy in late 2008. Under Obama, there's been steady improvement. The recovery has been slower than we might like, but things are about back to normal for the most part. That hasn't stopped Trump et al. from repeating over and over that the economy is trash, nor has it stopped people from believing the lie.

You gotta pay attention to these things or they'll continue to rob you blind.

>You have yet to really convince me that anything Trump said is really racist at all.
"Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day."
Trump himself confirmed in 1997 that the book this quote is from was accurate. And then in 1999, when he first thought about running for president, suddenly he was saying everything in the book was a lie.

>>8620103
apart from the whole climate denial thing, he's packed regulatory posts with anti-vaxxers, and is a vocal anti-vaxxer himself.
>>
>>8620117

I see.
>>
What's more likely:

A black trump supporter making alt-right points on /sci/ or a white pol-fag shilling his lies - for example lying about being black.

I think the second one is more likely, since every dubious 'black' person with 'interesting' politics I've ever seen be asked for a timestamp has simply disappeared after being asked for said timestamp.

>>8620091
>>8620081
You decide.

I hope to be proven wrong by a pic with a timestamp. I really do, more than anything.

I also hope he stops replying to people already, in case I've found him out.
>>
File: Catstronaut.jpg (25KB, 322x400px) Image search: [Google]
Catstronaut.jpg
25KB, 322x400px
>>8620117
too many words, you must be a LIBRUL trying to fool me
>>
>>8620115

>That's not my point.
>It makes no sense that Mexico can have a wall to it's...

Here's what you tried to do.

You mentioned something completely irrelevant and non existent, assumed that it was real (there being a wall down there) and proceeded to support your argument with this fictitious case saying ''its not racist for them why is it for us''

That was my point when I told you >>8620111

>But they shouldn't tell us not to build our own Wall because that would be "racist"

Most of the complaints against the wall is that it wont have the desired impact on immigration.

Overstaying visas is a thing.

>>8620115

>I agree somewhat. It's the fault of our politicians

No. Dude. I already told you. Point the fingers in the right direction. Its not the ''''''fault''''''' of anybody. Its the natural movement of a free market economy. Using cheap labor keeps things cheap in land for all the people who want to buy cheap things and lots of them.

>our politicians either don't give a shit or are in league with said corporations and allow this to happen

Its not about them ''letting them or not''. There's no ''I let you do this'' or else in a free market economy. When there's government involvement and there's more control producers simply stop producing and moving their goods.

You gotta realize that it is government involvement what ends up causing crisis.
>>
>>8620128
>He (and Congressional Democrats) put forward a bill that would give tax breaks to companies that brought jobs back, and strip tax breaks from companies that outsourced. Amazingly enough, Republicans in the Senate didn't even allow a vote on it.
Huh. Color me surprised.
>The bottom fell out of the economy in late 2008. Under Obama, there's been steady improvement.
The stimulus that Obama passed in '08 only really affected the coasts, service based economies. It did nothing for the Rustbelt, whose economy is mostly manufacturing based, and the Midwest, whose economy is agricultural. The one good thing I'd say Obama did was not interrupt the oil boom in the West, since it allowed them to recover somewhat on their own and lower gas prices in the process. Again, if the economy were as good as you're saying in the Rustbelt, it wouldn't go as red as it did on Nov 8th. Hillary Clinton would be our president.
>"Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yarmulkes every day."
How can he be racist if :
1) He's clearly friends with Ben Carson
2) Omarosa talks highly of him for the most part
and 3) He gave Jennifer Hudson free residence at either his hotel or something of the sort after her family was massacred?
That literally is the last thing I would do if I were reacist: associate myself with people that I actively hate publicly or privately in even the least intimate manner.

>>8620131
>alt-right points
What am I saying that you have to involke the alt-right boogeyman? I don't drop 'nigger' and 'spic' like the world is ending. I'm just giving you basic knowledge of what's happening in the world and why it's happening.
>>
>>8620148
Why do you need to pretend to be black?
>>
>>8620143
>Most of the complaints against the wall is that it wont have the desired impact on immigration.
>Overstaying visas is a thing.
Yet most of our immigration problems are caused by illegals with no documents on them at all, whereby they literally go through unmanned portions of our border and cross said border.

>No. Dude. I already told you. Point the fingers in the right direction. Its not the ''''''fault''''''' of anybody. Its the natural movement of a free market economy. Using cheap labor keeps things cheap in land for all the people who want to buy cheap things and lots of them.
I don't get it. You're saying we shouldn't put any incentive on building things in America by enforcing tariffs on products that try to take jobs from America yet sell their products here? Because that sounds more practical than being a defeatist and blaming the "free market".

>You gotta realize that it is government involvement what ends up causing crisis.
Yeah, EXCESSIVE gov't involvement. Protecting the interests of your constituents is perfectly fine (like passing and enforcing tariffs) .There's nothing wrong with a country protecting it's own interest. There is a problem when that same gov't is not only ignoring the very basic concerns of it's citizens, but actively working against those concerns, which often does encompass the government being heavy handed in it's enforcement of the law.
>>
>>8620121
The anger isn't directed directly at universities, and certainly not at the sciences, but rather at the elitist attitudes that seem to have become so common among academia and the college educated (especially on the coasts and in the big cities). Whether we want to admit it or not, classism is alive and well in the United States and a lot of people who are college-educated or in academia have a really shitty, pretentious, elitist attitude when it comes to dealing with anyone who works for a living. Admittedly it's mostly people working in the liberal arts or coming from that background, but let's not pretend the sciences haven't been plagued by it as well.

When I was looking at offers for grad school, one of the offers I was most excited about was an offer from Dartmouth. I come from a working class, Midwestern family and I was the first member of my family to go to college, let alone grad school, so you can imagine how excited my family and I were when I got an offer to go to a fucking Ivy League school for a physics PhD.

Then I went for a grad visit. The moment it came out during our "get to know you" breakfast that I was from some working class family from flyover country I immediately became "untouchable". The whole rest of the trip was one episode after another of being talked down to or looked down at - by the other visiting students, the grad students who were showing us around campus, even a couple of the fucking faculty members.
>>
>>8620172
Yeah, a lot of non educated people have a really shitty attitude towards college educated people too.

We ought to just get along.
>>
>>8619455
He'll make certain types of undergrads fail their classes due to spending too much time protesting, rioting, and bitching.
>>
File: Knuckles.png (420KB, 623x471px) Image search: [Google]
Knuckles.png
420KB, 623x471px
>>8620148
>It did nothing for the Rustbelt, whose economy is mostly manufacturing based
Are you forgetting the auto bailout? Uncle Sam took on a huge stake in several major car companies and shepherded them to recovery. Things would be far, far worse if the federal government hadn't stepped up to the plate and floated Detroit etc. a loan.
Now, are there jobs that haven't come back? Certainly. But the decline of a lot of American manufacturing is the result first and foremost of technology, not of outsourcing. The Rust Belt is hurting, and while the Democrats told them a bitter truth (a lot of those jobs are gone for good, you need to get retrained for different kinds of work) Trump told them a comforting lie (I can make those jobs reappear good as new, we just need to get rid of the damn Mexicans). I wish I could be surprised that they bought it.
>>
>>8620222
sounds pretty great. colleges are already overpopulated with retards.
>>
>>8620233
>Are you forgetting the auto bailout?
you mean trickle down economics? lmao
>>
>>8619593
>Changing the one chance America has at catching up to the rest of the developed world
Sorry little Tyrone can't understand any class that isn't ooga booga gym class and study hall
>>
>>8620233
>Rust Belt
>Mexicans
Deportations and The Wall had little-to-nothing to do with gaining support in the Rust Belt. They helped him win support in the southern and agricultural parts of the US.
>>
>>8620233
For as much money as we actually spent on the auto/bank bailouts, and especially given how much of that money we now know didn't go to saving jobs or protecting employee benefits but instead just went into the pockets of establishment politicians and business owners, I'd argue the bailouts did more harm than good.

That's not to say it didn't help at all or that there weren't positive things that came out of it, but it highlights the kind of problems with the government that pushed people into voting for an outsider like Trump.
>>
>>8620233
>Are you forgetting the auto bailout?
See >>8620248

> But the decline of a lot of American manufacturing is the result first and foremost of technology, not of outsourcing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIEzfHqwm9s

>Democrats told them a bitter truth (a lot of those jobs are gone for good, you need to get retrained for different kinds of work) Trump told them a comforting lie (I can make those jobs reappear good as new, we just need to get rid of the damn Mexicans)
The Democrats are trying to cover their asses because they're in the pockets of these companies.They're lying to their own people just for a few pretty pennies (of course it's more). Trump LITERALLY brought thousands of jobs back before he was even president. He also got the stock market almost up to 20,000. How can you honestly say that he can't bring jobs back? It really isn't hard:
1) Give financial incentives to bring jobs back (i.e. tax deductions and the sort)
2)Pass tariffs making it harder to take these benefits and run or take jobs from America and sell the product here

It's not that hard. It's just that our politicians are so corrupt, they would rather bankrupt the middle class than actually help them.
>>
File: Juan Snow.png (141KB, 664x342px) Image search: [Google]
Juan Snow.png
141KB, 664x342px
>>8620148
>How can he be racist if :
>he's got some black friends!
Let me tell you a story.
I'm a Jew. When I was an undergrad, I lived in the same dorm as a black girl who was very into racial justice, very into breaking down institutional racism, very strongly for marginalized people sticking together. I thought she was pretty cool, even if I might disagree with some of her more extreme views.
And then we later had a falling out. Why? Because a friend of hers thought it was okay to openly profess hatred of Jews, and when I called her friend out on it, she rushed to her friend's defense with "she didn't say she hated ALL Jews" and "she's just frustrated, you can't hold it against her" and "Jews are privileged, you're not a real minority".

The point is, people are complicated. It's very easy to be hella racist against X group of people while still having friends who are X, and have trouble holding those ideas together in your mind. Hell, you might know some people who are like that.
You're a black Trump supporter, right? Are you friends with any white Trump supporters? Ask them what they think of African-Americans as a group. There's a decent chance (I'm not saying your friends necessarily think this way) that some of them might hold very disparaging stereotypical views of black people (they're welfare queens, they're ignorant, they're violent criminals) while still liking you (oh, you're not like them, you're different). A lot of people who hold those kinds of views would probably come around if they knew more people from the groups they disparage, enough to know that the one cool guy they know isn't just an outlier.

That's how it is, I think, with Orange Man. You'll notice that even though Trump has black friends that he speaks highly of, whenever he talks about black America as a group, he always goes straight to talking about bombed-out inner city ghettos, because that's the image he has in his head of black people.
>>
File: black crime rates.png (82KB, 1537x769px) Image search: [Google]
black crime rates.png
82KB, 1537x769px
>>8620259
>he always goes straight to talking about bombed-out inner city ghettos, because that's the image he has in his head of black people.
Gee... I can't imagine why.
>>
File: Capture.png (217KB, 1004x768px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
217KB, 1004x768px
>>8620259
>he always goes straight to talking about bombed-out inner city ghettos, because that's the image he has in his head of black people.
hmm...
>>
>>8620259

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
https://ucr.fbi.gov

Keep in mind, blacks are 13% of the population
Or maybe that's what a lot of black people live in: shitty conditions. I found it funny how black people all of a sudden live in giant pyramids that go to space and aren't oppressed now that Trump is pointing out the shitty conditions they live in and he isn't running as a Democrat.
>>
>>8620266
>>8620264
>>8620271
>redpill xd
nobody is denying they are more criminal on average

statistically if you see a black, they're not a criminal
there's 40 million of them
>>
File: aura.jpg (19KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
aura.jpg
19KB, 500x374px
>>8620251
>Trump LITERALLY brought thousands of jobs back before he was even president. He also got the stock market almost up to 20,000. How can you honestly say that he can't bring jobs back?
He's gone around taking credit for deals that were already in the works, with nothing to do with him, since well before the election. Wait and see what he actually accomplishes once he's no longer coasting off the work of the Obama administration

>1) Give financial incentives to bring jobs back (i.e. tax deductions and the sort)
this is a solid plan. unfortunately, this was tried in 2012 and Republicans in the Senate blocked it (as discussed >>8620128)
Trump and his party establishment have long histories of fighting against these sorts of reforms. to think that they're suddenly turn around and back them...is wishful thinking at best.
>2)Pass tariffs making it harder to take these benefits and run or take jobs from America and sell the product here
The trouble with tariffs is that if we raise taxes on goods other countries sell us, they're likely to raise their own taxes on goods we sell them. We've been working for decades to reduce tariffs worldwide, which has led to lower costs overall without particularly hurting the American worker. (This is pretty well established, which is why almost everyone with any kind of political experience is in favor of lower tariffs.) Now what we SHOULD raise taxes on is when a company offshores its headquarters but continues to do most of its business here in the U S of A. But that's a complicated story for another board
>>
>>8620259
if you weren't retarded you'd realize that blacks "very into" racial justice are the modern day equivalent of the ku klux klan. they'll befriend useful idiots like you, but turn on you the moment it's convenient because you're not black.

but since you're a jew you seem to be under the impression that you're a minority, you're not, so you feel this need to have solidarity with your black pets. i had a lab mate like you and he was insufferable. he'd bitch and moan in his annoying nasally voice about the plight of blacks, yet somehow he still found himself a jewess to marry (he was only half jew to boot) and lived in a virtually all white, old money area of a large city.
>>
>>8620272
>nobody is denying they are more criminal on average
>nobody is denying
>nobody
>is
>denying
LMAO
M
A
O
>>
File: 420GB.png (75KB, 983x1013px) Image search: [Google]
420GB.png
75KB, 983x1013px
>>8620264
>>8620266
>>8620271
Jews are statistically more likely than Gentiles to be investment bankers in this country. Do you think I'm an investment banker?
if you let stereotypes (even those with some kind of statistical basis) drive your perceptions, you'll be wrong nearly all the time. and in fact, I am not an investment banker. I'm a grad student from a middle-class Midwestern background living in a small city in the South, studying geoscience.
>>
>>8620266
>tfw have a rental property, and my house just to the west of austin (the darkest blue area)
hopefully they won't spill over.
>>
File: 9cDhHQtMQRQRgNtgkr1kJMqCg14.jpg (2MB, 1920x2844px) Image search: [Google]
9cDhHQtMQRQRgNtgkr1kJMqCg14.jpg
2MB, 1920x2844px
>>8620272
watch 'Do Not Resist'

there's a 50% chance of blacks committing murder before the age of 18 in some american cities
>>
>>8620172
>The anger isn't directed directly at universities, and certainly not at the sciences, but rather at the elitist attitudes that seem to have become so common among academia and the college educated (especially on the coasts and in the big cities).

The anger has become a giant amorphous blob.

Tell the average person online that you are a PhD from Dartmouth who understands the plight of the working class, and you will be laughed out of the room. You will instantly become "them" and "enemy".

Also, let us be realistic. The average laborer does not share the same social circles as a PhD from Dartmouth. They are not being exposed to snobs, you are (since you are at Dartmouth). So, then why do they have such a big problem with the people from Dartmouth if they haven't even met any of them?

I think the answer is media and politics. Media and politics is what tells the average worker that they should redirect all of their anger towards people attending Dartmouth instead of Mr. CEO who just fired them.
>>
>>8620278
>blacks "very into" racial justice are the modern day equivalent of the ku klux klan
yes, because the assholes of the movement are totally riding around lynching white guys and keeping all of white America huddled in terror.
you can come out of your safe spaces now, the black guy is out of office.
>>
>>8620286
Okay. but did you actually give a quantitative comparison of how much more likely a chaim like you will be an investment banker than a goy like me? Because we essentially did give you quantitative data and you're just saying that you are more likely you be an investment banker.
>>
>>8620286
i agree. it's awful to follow stereotypes especially if they can negatively impact your life. i'm sure those blue areas in chicago have far lower rent than average.

so which one of them do you live in? surely, you won't let stereotypes waste your hard earned money.
>>
File: chicago-kidnapping-regular.jpg (18KB, 614x322px) Image search: [Google]
chicago-kidnapping-regular.jpg
18KB, 614x322px
>>8620292
lmao
>>
>>8620294
Inferring based on likelihood is inferior to just determining based on the individual you are dealing with
>>
>>8619593
Brah. Common Core was actually a good fucking idea for the US and long overdue.

It could've been introduced better however.
>>
>>8620266
>>8620264

Hey all. Just pointing out a couple basic stats rules:

1. You have to normalize for other factors (age, location, gender, INCOME, etc.) to properly compare stats.
2. A statistic describes a population, not every individual you meet.
>>
File: black friday.png (916KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
black friday.png
916KB, 960x720px
>>8620251
>It's not that hard. It's just that our politicians are so corrupt, they would rather bankrupt the middle class than actually help them.
This here is emblematic of what they call the Green Lantern Theory of Government. If you assume there are no difficult problems, that all lack of improvement is due to lack of motivation rather than lack of ability, it becomes very easy to rail against government from afar. But the problem is, there ARE some problems that require a lot of skill and a lot of work to resolve, even with the best intentions. (Yes, there are some problems that could be solved in a heartbeat with the right political will, but they are fewer.) The President or the Speaker cannot simply brandish a magic ring and, through sufficient willpower, make everything better.
But when you believe that's actually how it works, you're setting yourself up for disappointment and your movement to eat its own. Case in point, Ted Cruz. He was sent to Washington by some angry people who were sick of the Establishment not instantly giving them what they want. But when he arrived, he realized that some problems would take a lot of work to fix, and so he was unable to deliver the promised instant gratification. And when his supporters back home saw that he had not answered their prayers, they assumed that he must have been co-opted by the Establishment, because they believed that all that was needed was the will. And so, having been in Washington for less than a term (just four years!) he has already been vilified as a Washington Insider. And when his constituents send another starry-eyed homeboy to kick him out and do what he was sent there to do, his replacement will suffer the same fate just as quickly.

The scary thing is, I see this on the left too. Some people saw that Obama didn't immediately deliver on things he'd promised to get done, and interpreted it as a cunning betrayal rather than a demonstration of the difficulty of crafting legislation.
>>
File: sGynbw2.png (26KB, 536x392px) Image search: [Google]
sGynbw2.png
26KB, 536x392px
>>8620305
>You have to normalize for other factors (age, location, gender, INCOME, etc.)
>INCOME
>>
File: muh SES.png (43KB, 1004x671px) Image search: [Google]
muh SES.png
43KB, 1004x671px
>>8620305
>INCOME
when will you idiots stop latching onto this?
>>
>>8620297
I live in Chicago.
It's pretty fucked up in terms of race relations.

What's this about a kidnapping?
Most upset blackies just go around shooting cops.

Also
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Police_Department#Homan_Square
>>
>>8620308
Why are Asians so peaceful?

Is it IQ?
>>
File: 1483330641990.jpg (179KB, 1024x789px) Image search: [Google]
1483330641990.jpg
179KB, 1024x789px
>>8620305
>>
File: happiness.jpg (126KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
happiness.jpg
126KB, 408x408px
>>8620298
>Inferring based on likelihood is inferior to just determining based on the individual you are dealing with

If more people understood this...
>>
>>8620312
asians come from shame based cultures which are superior to guilt based cultures (US and europe.) they essentially have conformity bred into them because of this, and they are the only ones notorious for adapting an "american" name and pretty much becoming fully americanized within a generation.
>>
File: (You).jpg (246KB, 870x722px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
246KB, 870x722px
>>8620295
>i'm sure those blue areas in chicago have far lower rent than average.
>so which one of them do you live in?
when I lived in Chicago proper, I lived in Woodlawn. mid-South Side, 85% black, median household income ~$27k
I'm not some limousine liberal, in case you're wondering.
>>
>>8620305
Crime has more to do with culture and community than income.
>>
>>8620315
>>8620309
>>8620308

I should not have capitalized the word income, because it obviously caused you all to miss the point.

The point is that there are other confounding variables (e.g. income, age, gender, etc.), and I hope that people consider those confounding variables when reading statistics.
>>
>>8620276
>He's gone around taking credit for deals that were already in the works, with nothing to do with him, since well before the election. Wait and see what he actually accomplishes once he's no longer coasting off the work of the Obama administration
You got proof of any of that mate? Because from what I've seen, Trump essentially is setting the mood for the atmosphere in the US for the past 3 months. Obummer went full autist at Russia.
>this is a solid plan. unfortunately, this was tried in 2012 and Republicans in the Senate blocked it (as discussed >>8620128)

Yeah, that's why we use tariffs as well in conjunction to this. It's not just do one then possibly don't do the other.
Trump and his party establishment have long histories of fighting against these sorts of reforms.
The GOP of course. Their fucking neocons. Theydo this shit all the time. Trump... do you have a source on that? He's been pretty adamant about this for a while.

to think that they're suddenly turn around and back them...is wishful thinking at best.

Again, Tump has the GOP by the leash. He tells them what to do essentially, not the other way around. Trump is just effectively using the bully pulpit of the President on a bunch of morons who risk getting thrown out of office by their constituents.
I can somewhat agree with your post about tariffs, but at the same time, they are a useful tool to prevent companies from taking jobs out of the country again and even if the price to make a product increases, the average income increase will most likely offset the price increase.
>>
>>8620322
oh yeah, i'm sure living on the doorsteps of university of chicago and hyde park was quite scary lmao.
>>
>>8620304
It was doomed to get fucked up when individual districts and schools tried to implement it.

You don't hand someone a strategy to follow when you know they don't understand it and aren't skilled enough to follow it.
>>
>>8619958
Nationalism isn't going to help science in the US. What will help it is more money being invested into research, and whether Trump would do something like that is anyone's guess.
Also I would like to point out that the scientific success of the US at that time was also being driven by many European scientists who settled over during/after WW2.
>>
>>8620312

The most crucial time of human development is childhood. The brain literally is physically changing during that time and can heavily be influenced by its environment.

Asians spoil their kids at a young age and then shame them into submission as they get older.

Other families use a lot of verbal and physical aggression and neglect younger children, and then try to give them freedom as they get older.
>>
File: Bacon.jpg (21KB, 458x461px) Image search: [Google]
Bacon.jpg
21KB, 458x461px
>>8620327
>You got proof of any of that mate?
sure. inb4 LIBRUL MEMEDIA
>https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/us/politics/donald-trump-takes-credit-for-helping-to-save-a-ford-plant-that-wasnt-closing.html
>http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-trump-carrier-deal-20161206-story.html
>https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/28/trump-isnt-responsible-for-sprint-bringing-5-000-jobs-to-the-us/

>Trump... do you have a source on that? He's been pretty adamant about this for a while.
he has no record as a public servant, of course, but his business record shows he's enthusiastically embraced outsourcing of labor if it would cut his costs.
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-decries-outsourced-labor-yet-he-didnt-seek-made-in-america-in-2004-deal/2016/03/13/4d65a43c-e63a-11e5-b0fd-073d5930a7b7_story.html
and Wilbur Ross, the guy he tapped to lead Commerce, has a long history of outsourcing.
>http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-jobs-idUSKBN1510FM

>Tump has the GOP by the leash. He tells them what to do essentially, not the other way around.
the problem is (and we'll see soon enough if I'm right) that he doesn't really know what he's doing. he doesn't like the minutiae of policy-crafting because it's not sexy and gold-plated enough for him. so the laws will continue to be written by the people who know how to write them (which is a good thing and a bad thing) and he'll probably just take what he can get. I highly doubt that Republicans in Congress will approve a major import tariff bill, or that he will veto a bill for not containing tariff provisions. we'll just wait and see...
>>
>>8620333
Not him, but I lived at IIT.
We had our own special security as well as CPD officers.
Still while I was there, there was two armed robberies in our news.
I knew of a couple of muggings that happened to friends.

Sooo...I don't know how bad UChicago had it, but IIT and Circle Campus were in awful places to live. Pretty sure the author of gangleader for a day was at UChicago, so it wasn't too far from the ghetto.
>>
Honestly nothing. American culture is inherently anti intellectual. There are tons of resources for ambitious kids to get the education they desire. It's America for Christ sakes. If poojeet can become CEO of Google, American kids have more than enough resources at childhood and teen years to get to top universities or at the very least get a good education. It's just a matter of desire.

Science? Most technological innovations done today come from private industries like Google.

The DoD budget hasn't gone down and will likely go up. So I don't see US military research stopping anytime soon.
>>
>>8620333
yeah, it was absolutely terrifying, right? I'd head up to 63rd and Cottage Grove in the middle of the night to catch the Green Line into the city, and I wouldn't actually be scared because I'm not a trembling little pissbaby who thinks all black people are just waiting to rob you at gunpoint.
have you ever been to Chicago?
>>
>>8620286
>Do you think I'm an investment banker?
... are you?
>>
>>8620353
i don't know about IIT, but i've been around the UIC campus every weekday for the past decade and it's far from bad or unsafe. in fact, due to the UIC police patrolling the campus and nearby surrounding areas i'd claim the area is safer than many of the currently trendy areas like the western parts of west town.
>>
File: NO.png (35KB, 295x338px) Image search: [Google]
NO.png
35KB, 295x338px
>>8620362
no
>>
File: dude stop.jpg (12KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
dude stop.jpg
12KB, 280x373px
>>8620364
>UChicago
>UIC
different schools m88
the real fun was when that one guy from UIC threatened to shoot up UChicago campus. boy did the newspapers get confused about that one
>>
>>8620361
thanks for confirming what i just said.
>>
>>8620366
university of chicago is in hyde park, one of the most expensive areas in the city. living a block south of hyde park doesn't mean you're lived in the ghetto. in fact, it means you lived where all the poor graduate students lived.

if you lived in englewood then you'd have room to talk.
>>
>>8620366
you should pay attention to who you're quoting is quoting
>>8620364
Ah my friends at UIC said otherwise.
They were probably exagerating, or didn't know worse.
Took a bunch of trips walking around outside our little island campus, and no one ever bothered me.

>>8620361
Yes. And someone was robbed at gunpoint at the Green Line stop. On campus.
>>
File: goalposts.jpg (160KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
goalposts.jpg
160KB, 500x400px
>>8620372
>living a block south of hyde park
amazingly enough, not all of Woodlawn is a block south of Hyde Park. if you look on your map, you'll notice that it's got some blue in it.
nice pic related.
>>
>>8620366
>>8620372
>>8620353
>>8620364
How black in % where the areas/neighborhoods you guys lived in?

this is relevant for my research
>>
>>8620376
>Green Line stop. On campus.
35th/Bronzeville/IIT?
can't say I'm surprised, that stop generally had some sketchiness going on.
once got in an altercation with some other kids who literally couldn't wait until they got off the train to light up.
>>
File: .png (535KB, 1359x643px) Image search: [Google]
.png
535KB, 1359x643px
>>8620379
i'm moving the goalposts because i called you out on your bullshit claim of living in the ghetto? it's easy to find the ghetto. just look at the real estate prices.

gee, now let me guess. you live in the eastern part bordering university of chicago where the housing prices are quite expensive, and not in the western part where you can buy land for 1k and houses for under 100k.

>>8620381
i only lived in areas that are 5% black or less, but varying amounts of hispanics. i have no desire to come home and find my house burglarized. i've been virtually in every part of the city though, since when stores clear shit out only the ones in black areas still have stock because people don't have money/are too afraid to go out there.
>>
File: why we hate pol.png (78KB, 1306x354px) Image search: [Google]
why we hate pol.png
78KB, 1306x354px
>What impact will Trump have on american education and science?
200 replies later...
>BLACKS R CRIMINALS PLS DISCUSS

this is what happens when /pol/ doesn't stay in /pol/
(yes I know this time it's not quite as bad as discussed in pic related)

so I think the answer to OP's question is that we'll see more /pol/ shit on /sci/ thanks to all the Trump fanboys tracking their stupid in on the carpet.
>>
>>8620361
>hey I lived around niggers and I didn't die so its totally fine!
>Of course now I've moved away and I would never let my family go there

uh huh
>>
>>8620393
Oh, boy! It's the redditor that screencapped his post 4 years ago because he was so proud of it and thinks he doesn't look like a complete retard every time he posts it.
>>
File: nickels.png (360KB, 1060x1536px) Image search: [Google]
nickels.png
360KB, 1060x1536px
>>8620391
>i'm moving the goalposts because i called you out on your bullshit claim of living in the ghetto?
dude, anyone can scroll up and see what happened.
you asked if anyone here lived in one of the areas that were blue on the map. I allowed that I had, and gave some basic demographic statistics. suddenly you're getting all snooty about what IS or ISN'T the ghetto and trying to modify your original claim. that's classic goalpost-moving.
now, where did I live? I lived in the north-central part of the neighborhood. In case you're planning on dropping by there with your fedora and a copy of Crippled America, I must regretfully inform you that I no longer live in that state. (I do, however, live in the same house as a black guy; how terrifying!)
>>
>>8620352
>the problem is (and we'll see soon enough if I'm right) that he doesn't really know what he's doing. he doesn't like the minutiae of policy-crafting because it's not sexy and gold-plated enough for him
You know the exact same could be said of Obama.He was a first term senator when he was elected and a community organizer before that. At least Trump held an executive position before as the head of the Trump brand. Also, by
>In the end, Trump signed on with Phillips-Van Heusen, a manufacturer of affordable shirts produced in factories in 85 countries.
You're comparing apples to oranges. The textile market isn't big in the US compared to the automotive and manufacturing industry here. If some jobs in the textile industry are outsourced, that won't have any real effect on the economy. Meanwhile outsourcing manufacturing jobs like we are now will definitely fuck up major sectors of the economy.

>sure. inb4 LIBRUL MEMEDIA
>https://www.engadget.com/2016/12/28/trump-isnt-responsible-for-sprint-bringing-5-000-jobs-to-the-us/

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/business/dealbook/donald-trump-mayayoshi-son-softbank.html

You and I know that Masayoshi Son wouldn't bother investing in the US if he didn't believe that Trump would deliver somewhat on his promise to bring back jobs. He's a businessman and he wants to make as much of a return as possible without all the risk.

>http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-trump-carrier-deal-20161206-story.html
The very fact that the state of Indiana is using 7 million dollars of taxpayer money to invest in the expansion of the Carrier facility in the state is a somewhat optimistic sign, seeing that the money will be used to reopen the large swaths of the facility that have been shut down. In addition, even if he saved on;y 700 jobs out of 1500 jobs, that's still 700 people with jobs not shipped to Mexico.
>>
>>8620394
>hey I lived around niggers and I didn't die so its totally fine!
see, this kinda /pol/ mindset misses the point.
it's not that I didn't die. It's that I wasn't scared. you walk around terrified of people who look different from you, you make yourself miserable. It amazes me to this day that so many people choose to do that to themselves. I dunno, maybe they need a scab to pick at.
>>
>>8620399
>he INSULTED my home I must defend it
>>
File: .png (190KB, 1307x595px) Image search: [Google]
.png
190KB, 1307x595px
>>8620400
oh, you mean literally in the area with the most spillage from hyde park? thanks for confirming.

also for someone that called me out multiple times on living in chicago you seem to be awfully unaware that neither zipcodes nor broad neighborhoods/areas can't be used to describe which parts are bad and which parts are good, because the ghetto starts/ends when you cross the wrong street. just look at oak park and austin.
>>
>>8620405
I can assure you I've been on /sci/ before you've heard of 4chan. Idiots that only show up to a thread to bitch about another board should be banned.
>>
File: small loan.jpg (500KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
small loan.jpg
500KB, 728x640px
>>8620401
>You know the exact same could be said of Obama.
Eh, Obama also spent 7 years as a state Senator. And during his legislative career, he spent 12 years teaching Constitutional law at one of the best universities in the world. Between his legislative experience and his technical background in law, it's not fair or accurate to say that he just doesn't understand how to govern. Now, his resume wasn't as polished as some other incoming Presidents'. but he's leaps and bounds in that regard above Trump (whose sole claim to fame is having built a real estate empire using Daddy's money, pic related).

>The textile market isn't big in the US compared to the automotive and manufacturing industry here. If some jobs in the textile industry are outsourced, that won't have any real effect on the economy.
The textile industry represents ~2 million jobs, and it underwent quite a crash between 1995 and 2009 before recovering somewhat. Besides, the fact that Trump embraced outsourcing shows that he's not actually committed to fighting outsourcing the way he claims he always has been. I'm just saying, have a little cynicism. And for God's sake pay close attention to what's actually happening, or he'll break every promise and tell you all he did what you guys wanted.
>http://www.textileworld.com/textile-world/features/2016/05/2016-state-of-the-u-s-textile-industry/
>http://ota.fas.org/reports/8733.pdf

>even if he saved on;y 700 jobs out of 1500 jobs, that's still 700 people with jobs not shipped to Mexico.
the point is, he didn't actually save those 700 jobs. the deal to salvage them was in place before he got involved.
>>
>>8620400
also, hyde park is also blue on that map. just give me 10 years or so to save up a mil to buy a house there and i'd also be able to brag about living in my 1 million dollar house in the ghetto.
>>
>>8620416
I've been around on 4chan before /sci/ existed. People have been bitching about other boards since this website was very young. Back then it was /b/, but since /pol/ is the new /b/, complaining about the former is the logical progression. Sorry, good or bad, people whining about the most populated boards will always be here.

But I don't really believe you. If you have an issue with someone complaining about another board, you could've just said so. Instead you start off with meaningless reddit insult. That's behavior more typically found on another board.
>>
>>8619455
He will makes maths great again
>>
File: =^).gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
=^).gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>8620410
>you didn't REALLY live in Woodlawn!
>okay you lived in Woodlawn but not in REAL GHETTO Woodlawn
dude, relax. no part of Woodlawn is actually all that ghetto. there's some gang activity, but it's significantly safer than purely economic factors (like median income and home value) would predict.
for someone who swears they're from Chicago or something and knows how things are in The Ghetto, you seem awfully unaware of this. your overreliance on economic proxies is telling.
>>
>>8620430
You can believe whatever you want. Here's another surprise for you: /b/ wasn't the first board I browsed, and I barely spent any time on there at all. If a post bothers you so much either ignore it or report it if it breaks any rules. By complaining about another board you just make yourself look like an child in need of a boogeyman and give the poster attention prompting to post even more.
>>
>>8620433
>you didn't REALLY live in Woodlawn!
>okay you lived in Woodlawn but not in REAL GHETTO Woodlawn
nice strawman. here's what really happened.
>look guise i lived in a 85% black neighborhood! omg how scary!
>never mind that that i was surrounded by 1+ million dollar houses! my neighorhood was blue! blue can you imagine it!
>oh, never mind hyde park being blue. it was ME who was in the REAL ghetto, 85% black, can you imagine?
by the way, you seem to be more impressed with black people than normal. you shouldn't fetishize them so much, they might get offended.

and real estate pricing will tell you more about a neighborhood than anything else you can think of. i have a few properties on the outskirts of a city. if on one side of the street houses are double the price than on the other i can wager a pretty good guess why that is the case.
>>
>>8620443
>If a post bothers you so much either ignore it

We wouldn't be having this discussion if you followed your own advice.

Since you care about appearance so much, by replying with reddit/newfag insults over and over, you made yourself look like a /pol/ user too petty to ignore attacks on his hugbox.
>>
>>8620422
Eh, Obama also spent 7 years as a state Senator. And during his legislative career, he spent 12 years teaching Constitutional law at one of the best universities in the world.
He only got in through Affirmative Action though. Does any hard working student at any college do weed let alone cocaine?
>the point is, he didn't actually save those 700 jobs. the deal to salvage them was in place before he got involved.
Again, I have a hard time believing that for the sole reason Obama literally came up to those same people and said their jobs were gone for good a few weeks before the deal.
>>
>>8620451
the city*

>>8620433
lastly, i don't have to swear i'm from chicago because there's nothing impressive in that. the city is broken and the few nice parts are an oasis in a desert of desolation. it's more depressing than it is impressive. unfortunately, through some unfavorable events i'm rooted here and will have to suffer this city for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>8620454
By so offended by being called out as a redditor just makes it obvious that you need to go back where you came from. I have a feeling you're a phone poster, too. Adding another layer of undesirability to you being here.
>>
File: Autism.jpg (15KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
15KB, 250x235px
>>8620451
>real estate pricing will tell you more about a neighborhood than anything else you can think of
look at this wannabe actuary of a sperglord over here. I guess sociologists can all go home now, this kid found the metric that tells you everything you need to know.
>>
>>8620470
>people will pay more not to live around undesirables
who would have thunk it?
>>
File: white_persecution.jpg (300KB, 1280x840px) Image search: [Google]
white_persecution.jpg
300KB, 1280x840px
>>8620081
>Even s a black man, identity politics has gotten so fucking stupid.; You literally protect criminals and lambaste hard working white people (specifically males) ... for being white (and males in the case of white men).

Elegantly placed shit-show starter.
>>
>>8620305
Race has a stronger correlation with violent crime than location, gender, income, employment status, or education.

FBI data shows that the offender in an assault or forcible rape is four times more likely to be Black than White. Eight times more likely in the case of robbery. Seven times more likely in the case of homicide.

A 2010 study from Princeton (Shannon et al) found that about 1 in 16 White adults (6.5%) have a felony conviction in the United States. The rate for Black adults is 1 in 4.

1 IN 4!

Race is, objectively and by any metric, one of the strongest predictors of criminal activity.
>>
>>8619654
>He said he wants to invest in our space program so I'm cautiously optimistic. It's been a while since we've actually had a president give a shit about this type of thing at all.
It's been less than 24 hours anon.... Mars mission are in the swing as we speak.
>>
>>8620337
>Nationalism isn't going to help science in the US. What will help it is more money being invested into research
And you know what's great at convincing people and politicians to spend more money on research?

N A T I O N A L I S M

See those spineless, godless, communists over there? They told me to tell you that their science is better than ours... and also that you're all a bunch of faggots! Are you gonna take that shit from them!? You're not just doing science to unlock the mysteries of the Universe and expand the wealth of human knowledge! You're also doing it to flip a giant middle finger to every snooty, pretentious country that thinks they're better than you!

MAKE SCIENCE GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>8619475
I'm not that guy but brexit fucked things up for many academic research labs that relied on yearly grants from Europe. It also made it more difficult and less appealing for researchers seeking graduate programs in the UK (I personally know many who have opted to focus on Germany and other European countries instead). The list of issues goes on and on but the biggest take away is that there are no areas where it helped academics or even academics in the UK.
>>
File: coffee.png (154KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.png
154KB, 2048x2048px
>>8620365
Are you sure? I mean, have you checked recently? These things have a way of sneaking up on you.

I had a Muslim friend who was going to business school - swore he wasn't a terrorist. Then one day - BOOM!

... investment banker.
>>
File: noice glasses.png (88KB, 208x226px) Image search: [Google]
noice glasses.png
88KB, 208x226px
>>8620552
>>8620557

>I had a Muslim friend who was going to business school - swore he wasn't a terrorist. The one day - BOOM!
>... investment banker.
>>
>>8620459

>He only got in through Affirmative Action though.
>This tired tune again

Not even that anon but while Affirmative Action may get you through the door it will never give you the degree, that shit you still have to earn.

The fact you even had to bring that up is a sign of desperation to continue some semblance of an argument. And honestly considering we're talking about Trump, Obama actually makes him look bad in that respect.

Seriously how could Trump be born that rich and only get a bachelor's in economics? He could have easily got a master's, maybe even doctors and elbow his way into enough group publications to snag himself a Nobel in economics.

Such a waste...
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>8620563
>Not even that anon but while Affirmative Action may get you through the door it will never give you the degree, that shit you still have to earn.
which is why statistics like these always say college enrollment instead of graduation rates
>>
File: spit take.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
spit take.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>8620557
God dammit
>>
>>8620563
>Seriously how could Trump be born that rich and only get a bachelor's in economics? He could have easily got a master's, maybe even doctors and elbow his way into enough group publications to snag himself a Nobel in economics.
For fucking what? The only reason why I'm in grad school is because I couldn't find a job after undergrad. If I could achieve just a fraction of what he has I'd be perfectly fine with an undergrad degree.
>>
>>8620544
I don't think there's any boogie man as omnipresent as Communism was in the 50s to convince us to increase the NASA budget to 4% of total budget again.
>>
>>8620538
>Race is, objectively and by any metric, one of the strongest predictors of criminal activity.

Not by any metric but by metrics that are easily recordable and used frequently.

This conversation is going to be impossible to have, because, on one hand, statistics are useful at providing evidence. Yet, on the other hand, statistics are a very flat/pale representation of reality and should be carefully interpreted. And there is not really a silver bullet or algorithm that will tell you how to interpret, understand, and use stats.

I interpret race showing up as a significant metric because of history and the ramifications of history. I don't think you will get the same statistics if you were to record differences in race in some northern European countries that lack the US's history of slavery.
>>
File: a perfect 5 out of 7.gif (2MB, 352x199px) Image search: [Google]
a perfect 5 out of 7.gif
2MB, 352x199px
>>8620557
>>
>>8619654
He wants to militarize NASA. The GOP wants to cut all climate studies and information gathering which is bullshit.
>>
>>8619712
WTF is a career scientist? Just a regular scientist? Why fire them for doing their job? Some part of our decision making should be from scientific reasoning and not just upholding strong Judeo-Christian values.

The scientist are they main reason why we are all here today, otherwise the current population would still be well below 1 billion people and our quality of life would be absolute shit.
>>
>>8620538
tbf, by every metric, most aren't violent. Even the warrior gene variant is in 5% of black males. I think certain genes are a better metric of criminality than just race considering 95% don't have this particular variant, but yes they do carry this subgroup with them.
>>
>>8620600
>He wants to militarize NASA. The GOP wants to cut all climate studies and information gathering which is bullshit.
Yes and? The greatest era of American scientific discovery was when our military and scientific discoveries were intertwined. If we actually focus on getting our weapons up to date and space exploration, both of which Trump expressed interest in, then we might see a new era of American scientific discovery
>>
>>8619455
I doubt anything will change. He's not an all powerful king, he has to adhere to a lot of other shit, corporations, pressures, etc.
>>
>>8620617
>warrior gene variant is in 5% of black males. I think certain genes are a better metric of criminality than just race considering 95% don't have this particular variant, but yes they do carry this subgroup with them.
wtf are you on about. They commit more crime because of the ghetto culture, they largely commit it against other blacks too. It's a matter of fixing and rooting out this culture, nothing else.
>>
>>8620600
>militarize NASA
sounds good to me
>>
>>8620629
I'd much rather invest in scientific advancements outside of weaponry, we already have the strongest military in the world 10x over. We really don't need to spend any more money on weapons. Just because military conflicts have sometimes been catalyst for innovations and scientific discovery in the past doesn't mean its the only way to accomplish great things. In fact, its probably a far more expensive path to better our livelihood by devolving weapons and then looking for other more humane applications.
>>
File: luthor.jpg (33KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
luthor.jpg
33KB, 292x257px
>>8620557
Fuck that got me good.
>>
>>8620641
>It's a matter of fixing and rooting out this culture
That's racist.
>>
>>8620643
>>8620629
Goddamn /pol/, go back to your anti-science board and join one of the many 300+ reply threads on whether or not the earth is flat and the evolution conspiracy.
>>
File: 1343400126518.png (6KB, 570x533px) Image search: [Google]
1343400126518.png
6KB, 570x533px
>>8620653
>He doesn't want a space empire.
>>
File: All Smiles.jpg (37KB, 321x447px) Image search: [Google]
All Smiles.jpg
37KB, 321x447px
>>8620649
>>8620653

Not an argument
>>
File: [Chuckling deeply].png (115KB, 276x230px) Image search: [Google]
[Chuckling deeply].png
115KB, 276x230px
>>8620557
>>
>>8619462

He cancelled TPP today. That's amazing.

>>8619455

Mars looks a lot closer
>>
>>8619560
>missile defense system
>implying he will do anything to compromise Russian capabilities
>>
>>8620653
nigga, i'm an engineer. defense spending is white mans welfare.
>>
File: Scrubs.jpg (144KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Scrubs.jpg
144KB, 1920x1200px
>>8620679
Congress had already killed ratification of the TPP. Just another example of Orange Man taking credit for something someone else did months ago. :/
>>
>>8620694

>congress
>Republicans

If Hillary won and had the senate and congress, TPP would be still there.

The Dems want TPP.

Trump made what the Republican congress wanted happen
>>
>>8620697

>dems
>showing up to vote for midterms

fusion reactors being a thing in my lifetime are more likely
>>
>>8620699

Yeah, and Hillary would have probably blocked it, just like Obama did.

Bernie was the only Dem that would have axed it.
>>
>>8620697
>If Hillary won and had the senate and congress, TPP would be still there.
you seem a little unclear on how this all works.
the TPP required a vote for RATIFICATION. it doesn't require a vote to NOT RATIFY it. until it's ratified, the US isn't officially party to it.
fucksake
>>
>>8620701
>Still caring about Bernie after he took your money , and endorsed the establishment
Jesus Christ. Start realizing
>>8620694
>>8620717

He basically killed it by being elected. Remember the Republicans basically axed the TPP when:
1) They had majorities in both Houses
2) Trump was elected
It was during that time that Mitch McConnell and the Democratic Senate leader Chuck Schumer agreed not to bring it up till the next Senate in 2017. Mitch's reasoning: Trump would be President on the 20th, and the Republican's have the upper hand come January. Why waste it. While it didn't 'die' on the 8th of November, it's been in DOA since the 8th of November.
>>
>>8620739
>Jesus Christ. Start realizing
THAT BERNIE sANDERS IS A CROOK. hE LITEARALLY TOOK LARGE SUMS OF MONEY TO "FIGHT" THE ESTABLISHMENT AND STARTED SHILLING FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT WHOLEHEARTEDLY (AND STILL DOES TO THIS VERY FUCKING DAY).
>>
>>8620699
>What is 2006?
>>
File: 1458654475562.jpg (84KB, 548x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1458654475562.jpg
84KB, 548x1012px
>>8620591
China'll do in a pinch.
>>
>>8620567
>White Male

Why do they get a different noun? Why doesn't it say "men" like everything else? Fucking Racists.
>>
>>8619769
>Hundreds of millions die from malaria every year
>implying those millions are all due to the *rise* in mosquitoes caused by climate change, not by malaria itself which has been widely spread for 10,000 years
>>
>>8619740
Hmmm I wonder why he never replied
>>
File: 1481833796318.jpg (311KB, 652x839px) Image search: [Google]
1481833796318.jpg
311KB, 652x839px
Great time to be non-american...
>>
>>8619455
The same damage as all the others--present and past--that have brought us to the brink of global catastrophe with greed, lust, pollution, climate change and poverty: while the richest have ever more expensive toys...a two foot longer yacht keeps a sheik, a banker or ceo in manhood for days, if not an entire week.
>>
>>8619659
if we get a boost on nuclear energy it would be pretty good
>>
>>8619455
>>>/pol/
>>
>"Climate change skeptic" in charge of EPA
>"Vaccine skeptic" in charge of assessing vaccines

Trump is pure political science. He will fund things that reinforce his beliefs and throw away everything else.

He has already removed all references to global warming and climate change from the white house web site. He also wanted a list of names of every scientist employed by the government who supported climate change. Some people think he wants to do a purge of anyone who ever published anything that he doesn't like.

The man is anti-science on a fundamental level. But hey, he'll up DOD spending, so all his drones think he's pro-science.
>>
>>8621851
The climate research community has become notorious in the last decade or so for completely changing their metrics every few years and openly throwing out any data that doesn't agree with their models.

That kind of behavior warrants skepticism.
>>
>>8619907
>you're still butthurt you lost the election
I wasn't running for president in 2016, how could I lose?

Sorry, I don't vest my personal identity in party affiliation.

Donald Trump is still a liar and a conman. I know em when I see them and you're a rube if you believe everything that comes out of his mouth.
>>
>>8621851
all the pages that were removed were specifically linked to obama, you shit for brains. but good job regurgitating what you saw on yahoo, or whatever shit MSM click bait article you read.
>>
>>8621973
>shilling for trump FOR FREE
sad
>>
>>8621980
>shilling against trump FOR FREE
sad
>>
>>8622023
>advocating for basic critical thinking skills is shilling against trump
really makes you ponder huh
>>
>>8621968
>Sorry, I don't vest my personal identity in party affiliation.
Neither do I. I just make good decisions when the choice is between an obvious group of idiots like the Democrats (who couldn't even run Jim Webb, the mos qualified candidate) and another group of idiots (who literally let the most qualified candidate run out of a group of fuckwads like Rubot, the Principled Conservative and the Guacman).
>Donald Trump is still a liar and a conman. I know em when I see them and you're a rube if you believe everything that comes out of his mouth.
Stay mad faggot :^). You've got 8 more years
>>
>>8622031
>advocating for basic critical thinking skills is shilling for trump
really makes you ponder huh
>>
>>8622033
>Donald Trump was the most qualified candidate when Kasich was running
MY SIDES, THIS IS WHAT TRUMPTARDS ACTUALLY BELIEVE
>>
>>8622036
All you're doing is copying my bantz, can't even come with your own posts. Really sad!
>>
>>8622036
>>8622033
samefag
>>
File: 1484820492858.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1484820492858.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>8619455
More antiscience that the Senate
Science and Technology committee.
>>
>>8619455
no common core, no SJWtard "science" no global warming meme, no white guilt propaganda, no useless bullshit
science will get purified from scammers. its gonna be great
>>
>>8622039
All you're doing is copying Trump's bantz, can't even come with your own posts. Really sad!
>>
>>8620336
this

the idea is fine, but thats not the problem
>>
File: Kasich2.jpg (85KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
Kasich2.jpg
85KB, 800x488px
>>8622037
>Kasich
>Qualified
He's a literal autist from out of nowhere. Even Cruz managed to be more qualified than Kasich.
>>
>>8621954
>completely changing their metrics every few years and openly throwing out any data that doesn't agree with their models
deniers say this, but they can't actually show any examples of what they're claiming happens. all they've got is unlabeled graphs that they've scribbled on.

>>8622033
>>8622053
>most qualified candidate
are you actually talking about Orange Guy? that's a funny one. he's a lot of things, but "qualified" is not one of them.
or by "qualified" do you mean "I like the things that come out of his mouth"?
>>
>>8622079
>are you actually talking about Orange Guy? that's a funny one. he's a lot of things, but "qualified" is not one of them.
or by "qualified" do you mean "I like the things that come out of his mouth"?
Wow, I can't believe it's not an argument :-3
>>
File: global temp data.png (135KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
global temp data.png
135KB, 1280x600px
>>8622079
Three years ago, the IPCC and other climate research agencies were reporting that temperature data from multiple sources confirmed a 10-15 year "plateau" in mean global temperatures. This caused a big stir in the community because all the accepted warming models predicted a basically linear increase during that period.

Then this last month a new report (Hausfather et al) reported that all the standard methods for measuring regional temperatures (satellite monitoring, temperature buoys, random water sampling, etc) that the IPCC has been using all had errors in them (but only for the last 10-15 years apparently). In an astounding display of coincidence, the adjustments Hausfather and his group have made to the data from that period have conveniently shifted all the data back onto the accepted models.

Now, does that mean global warming isn't happening? No, of course not, there's far more data supporting an overall warming trend over the last century than not.
Does that mean Hausfather's report is biased or using falsified data? No, not necessarily. It could just be a serendipitous finding.

But at the very least it's a big enough red flag that it warrants some healthy skepticism. Instead, the climatology community has all but declared the new report to be the word of god and attacked any criticism or skepticism directed at it.
>>
File: Laughing crocogators.png (448KB, 455x395px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing crocogators.png
448KB, 455x395px
>>8622116
>Kasich: 4 years state Senator, 18 years as U.S. Representative, 6 years as Governor
>Cruz: 5 years state Solicitor General, 3 years as U.S. Senator
>Trump: bubkes

politics seems to be the only field where having LESS experience and LESS idea how to do your job makes you MORE "qualified".
>>
>>8622162
b-but trump w-wasn't a washington elitist like those g-guys!
>>
>>8622162
>Trump: 45 years running a multi-billion dollar company that employees 23,000 people directly and incorporates more than 500 subsidiary companies.
>>
>>8622201
So what if he can manage giant businesses? I bet he doesn't even read black twitter.
>>
>>8622201
>running a business you inherited is the same as running a government
>>
>>8622201
He's declared bankruptcy how many times again?
>>
>>8622204
>I have the credentials to judge millionaire businessman coz I got conned by Bernie
lmao
>>8622210
You seem to be an expert in business dynamics. Maybe you can write a book on how many times you avoided bankrupcy of your own corporations.

...oh wait.
>>
>>8622204
When he took over the company from his father in '71 the company was basically only involved in apartment rental and construction. It employed about a thousand people and had a net worth in the tens of millions. Now it employs tens of thousands of people and is worth billions of dollars. By any objective metric, he is a competent organizer, manager, and job producer.

>>8622210
Trump has had to declare bankruptcy on 4 of the 515 subsidiaries purchased by the organization. That's a 99.2% success rate.
>>
>>8622201
If he's so confident in this how come he won't release his tax returns
>>
>>8622218
>everyone who doesn't like trump is a bernout
fuck off with this strawman faggot
>>
File: enlightened.png (248KB, 629x399px) Image search: [Google]
enlightened.png
248KB, 629x399px
>>8622149
>I don't understand what I'm talking about: the post

>all the standard methods for measuring regional temperatures (satellite monitoring, temperature buoys, random water sampling, etc) that the IPCC has been using all had errors in them (but only for the last 10-15 years apparently)
Not even close.
Looking ONLY at sea surface temperature measurements, there has been a gradual changeover in the past 20 years from ship-based measurements (either from buckets or from engine intakes) to buoy-based measurements. (remember, 20 years is well before the start of the proposed hiatus.)
Well, it turns out that engine intakes tend to slightly overestimate temperature (by about an eighth of a degree C relative to buoy measurements). Which makes sense; the sensors are right near the engines of a ship, which generate significant heat.

They're not claiming that the measurements are wrong, per se; it's just that different measurement methods have different instrumental biases associated with them, and if you switch over from one to the other you have to account for that.
Imagine you have a clock that's always 3 minutes fast. By checking it now and again, you can measure how much time has passed. But if you start reading from a clock that's always two minutes slow, you need to account for that 5 minute difference if you want to accurately say how much time has elapsed.

You can read the paper yourself if you don't believe me:
>http://advances.sciencemag.org/content/3/1/e1601207.full

I can understand why you might be suspicious. After all, study after study proving the models right? Why, the only possible explanations are that climatologists are committing outright fraud, or that the models are actually accurate!
But this is not an example of "completely changing their metrics every few years" or "openly throwing out any data that doesn't agree with their models". No, not in the slightest.
>>
>>8622239
most are
>>
>>8622245
Not an argument.
>>
File: delete your account.png (798KB, 864x432px) Image search: [Google]
delete your account.png
798KB, 864x432px
>>8622201
>>8622218
>>8622230
even taking Trump at his word that he's worth $10B, he'd have even more if he'd just invested his inheritance in an index fund.
>http://fortune.com/2015/08/20/donald-trump-index-funds/
What kind of genius businessman can't even beat the stock market?
>>
>>8622254
Please tell us all the times you managed your multi-million dollar business. Tell us your credentials so we know if we should take you seriously or not.
>>
>>8622258
>appeal to authority
>>
>>8622258
He's not asking you to take him on his word. He's provided a source, if you want to contest something then contest that.
>>
File: linear device.jpg (66KB, 657x494px) Image search: [Google]
linear device.jpg
66KB, 657x494px
>>8622243
>I can understand why you might be suspicious. After all, study after study proving the models right? Why, the only possible explanations are that climatologists are committing outright fraud, or that the models are actually accurate!
I'm in plasma physics. If I'd spent the last 15 years publishing papers showing that all the experimental measurements I was getting were significantly different than my theoretical predictions, and then suddenly came out with a paper that said "oh whoops, turns out the resistance on this probe was just a tiny bit off, but oh look all my data over the last fifteen years fits perfectly onto my models now!" - even if I know that discovering this error was completely genuine, I would still expect to be confronted with a healthy dose of skepticism from my peers.

Coincidences do happen, science is nine parts method and one part serendipity after all, and I'm in no way suggesting that the results of the climate paper are fraudulent. BUT unusual coincidence warrants skepticism and it's not anti-intellectualism or anti-science to BE skeptical.

Human activity is absolutely having an impact on our planet's climate. I don't think even the most conservative of voters would argue otherwise. But we owe it to ourselves to approach the matter with absolute objectivity. No field of research, no matter how well established, should be immune to criticism.
>>
>>8622267
>appeal to cherrypicked tumblr posts
I choose appeal to the guy who actually has the multi-million dollar business rather than some neckbeard virgin bernout

>>8622269
Thats true, but then Trump recovered his business and is now thriving again. I guess you just skipped all the parts that didn't fit your narrow worldview friendo :)
>>
>>8622281
Who posted a tumblr post anywhere? Who are you quoting?
>>
File: delet it faggot.png (228KB, 680x379px) Image search: [Google]
delet it faggot.png
228KB, 680x379px
>>8622258
Don't take it from me. Take it from Warren Buffett, a businessman even more fabulously wealthy than Trump.

remember, Trump grew his wealth by only 300% from 1988 to 2015, while the S&P grew by 1336% over that same period. how'd Buffett do? he grew his wealth by a whopping 2612%. he makes Trump look like a real piker in comparison, and I THINK he knows what he's talking about.
oh, and he didn't need a "small loan" of a million dollars from his dad to get off the ground.
>>
File: Ass golem.png (2MB, 1177x886px) Image search: [Google]
Ass golem.png
2MB, 1177x886px
>>8622276
a big difference between climatology and plasma physics is that you're able to control your methodology in a way climatologists can't. you take your measurements yourself, right? or you get data from colleagues who you're in communication with?
climatologists have to deal with decades (and even centuries) of data collected from around the world by many different people using a whole host of measurement methods. the possibility of instrumental error is a lot greater due to the inability of the analysts to control how their data are collected.

I have nothing against skepticism. My beef is with contrarianism masquerading as skepticism, when people treat any shadow of a doubt as proof positive that climatologists are defrauding the world and refuse to listen to all the evidence otherwise.
>>
File: Adjust tracking.gif (392KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Adjust tracking.gif
392KB, 500x375px
>>8622281
>but then Trump recovered his business and is now thriving again
read the article. from 1985 to 2015 (essentially the present) Trump underperformed the stock market. I'm not talking about him losing millions in one year; I'm talking about his record overall being lackluster. when any fool can beat you by simply investing in an index fund (which takes no business skill to do) how can you claim you're a business whiz of any sort?
I feel like America's fallen into this prosperity gospel mindset, where anyone with money must have earned it by being a hardworking genius.
>>
File: Yodalukedagobah.png (2MB, 1450x816px) Image search: [Google]
Yodalukedagobah.png
2MB, 1450x816px
>>8622325
>Is playing the stock market better?
>No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
>>
>>8622325
Sort of like when Obama came to power, all of a sudden because he was black, we ignored how shitty his record was in hindsight and how terrible his presidency was
>>
>>8619488
Don't forget the creationist secretary of education who thinks public schoolteachers are currently overpaid.
>>
>>8622325
>I feel like America's fallen into this prosperity gospel mindset, where anyone with money must have earned it by being a hardworking genius.
That's the American dream!

Ohhhhh sayyyy cannnn youuuu seeeeeee!!!!!
>>
>>8622375
it's not even "playing the stock market" I'm talking about. you don't even have to be a day trader to do better than Trump.
literally all you'd have had to do is invest your money in an index fund. kinda like how a lot of retirement accounts work. there's no picking hot stocks; you plonk your money down and let it slowly grow with the market as a whole. it's that easy, but it's not super profitable.
and Orange Guy couldn't even beat that low mark.
>>
>>8622505
>Put all of your money in a highly unstable and highly volatile market
or
>Actually make wise investments that will have less returns but will be less prone to the volatile market
Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>8622517
index funds are actually fairly low risk
and if you're talking about minimizing risk, Trump's the wrong guy to name-drop; remember, he lost $916 million in one year.

remember, Warren Buffett grew his fortune over eight times as fast as Trump did. Bill Gates did even better. if THEY can do it, why couldn't Trump?
could it be his image as an investing genius is one that he merely projects to obscure his true status as a mediocre businessman who happened to inherit a lot of money? nah, no way, right?
>>
>>8622552
>could it be his image as an investing genius is one that he merely projects to obscure his true status as a mediocre businessman who happened to inherit a lot of money? nah, no way, right?
> Turn 1 million dollars into 4.5 billion dollars
>Mediocre
Say what you want about Trump's decision about not investing in an index fund, but if you can multiply your net worth by 4500% and have a 99.2% business success rate, you're not a mediocre business man.
>>
>>8622569
>implying the small loan was all he got from dear old dad
dude, some people already crunched the numbers. his increase was only 300% over the course of thirty years, or about 4.7% a year. but his loyal fanboys will eternally look for some way to make it seem like he's actually all that he says he is.
>99.2% business success rate
so what if most of his shell companies are still kicking? the failures he had were YUGE. what do you call a guy who spends $1 billion building a casino and then had it go bankrupt (the first of four times) within a year of opening?
>>
>>8622634
>so what if most of his shell companies are still kicking? the failures he had were YUGE. what do you call a guy who spends $1 billion building a casino and then had it go bankrupt (the first of four times) within a year of opening?
Again, if you knew anything about business (which you clearly don't), you would understand that having a failure rate of anything more than about 70-80% is a big deal. Yeah, 4 companies failed. But he still has 500 other companies still generating revenue. Nice job being selective in your analysis.

>>implying the small loan was all he got from dear old dad
Yes it was. All he got was $1million to start a business and ssentially he was on his own from there on out.
>dude, some people already crunched the numbers.
Who? I'd really like to know, but you're not giving me any information on these ((sources))

>his increase was only 300% over the course of thirty years, or about 4.7% a year.
Again, source?
>but his loyal fanboys will eternally look for some way to make it seem like he's actually all that he says he is
.And people like you won't give him the credit he deserves because you somehow think this is personal. You're on the same page as the people that think Trump is the God-Emperor of Mankind. I don't think he's the best thing ever. I just think he'll be a better president than the last 4 turds with that title.
>>
File: BNN.jpg (1KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
BNN.jpg
1KB, 125x125px
>>8622665
(((source))) here >>8622254
l2scrollwheel
>But he still has 500 other companies still generating revenue.
the point is that his big ventures failed spectacularly and his investors lost huge amounts of money. does it matter if he can manage a hundred dinky little hotels if whenever he tries something big, everything immediately goes pear-shaped?
oh, and it turns out that if you look at his actual record (not what he says, but the actual paper trail) his failure rate is more like 40%
>https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/politics/donald-trump-business-deals.html
>>
>>8622727
All I got from that fortune source is that he's cautious with his money, even in a situation where it was somewhat obvious that a clear profit could be made.

Also, you're analyzing his ventures over the last 10 years as pointed out by the NYT article. I'm talking his whole record over the past 30-40 years he's been in business.
>>
>>8620116
>"do you have family in the country?"
no
>"do you have anything to offer to the country?"
no
>"hurr durr youre shit out of luck"
i dont see whats wrong with this
>>
File: cute anime pic 0425.jpg (148KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0425.jpg
148KB, 500x688px
>>8620116
>It's hard to get in the US legally and will soon be almost impossible to cross the US border
I have no problems with this
>>
>>8622770
Also, how many of those were outright banrkruptcies????
>>
Guessing he's going to shit the bed in general and get impeached in a few years. If he doesn't I can't see him winning another election unless Hillary or another establishment Dem gets the nomination.
>>
>>8622881
>Guessing he's going to shit the bed in general and get impeached in a few years
>I don't know how impeachment works: the post
>If he doesn't I can't see him winning another election unless Hillary or another establishment Dem gets the nomination.
You obviously don't know how fucked the Democrats are seeing that they're a minority in both houses and they threw away their core demographic for politically correctness. Also, if Obama and GWB can manage two terms, Trump will probably get two terms seeing that he'll probably be a decent president, something we haven't seen really since the likes of Jimmy Carter, Nixon and Reagan
>>
>>8620116
>It's difficult to immigrate to the United States. They don't just let you walk in and give you money, shelter, and other benefits.
>This is a problem
It's like you guys WANT the US to end up like Sweden or Germany.
>>
>>8619712
>even if global warming is real
wew, trolling in full force i see

But for the solid few who aren't trolling.

>Ice ages never happened
>volcanoes don't erupt
>humans can't affect the climate
>What is a nuclear winter
>What is an oil well fire
>>
Well I know he'll beef up the military, so I'm happy about that being in the armed forces and all. Surely he'll increase benefits/pay/incentives.

In terms of education, I don't think he'll do much to help. Best case, he opens up opportunities for people who have the revolutionary ideas we need to transform the classroom into an environment that nurtures curiosity and actually encourages students to be self motivated.
Worst case our education system recieves minor tweaks and current problems lead to massive bubbles in society later.
>>
>>8619510
How did you feel about about Obama's cult following and messianic treatment and being called racist when you disagreed on tax policy?

Just curious.
>>
>>8620595
take sweden for example. There are parts of the cities where ambulance won’t go without a police escort. Those somalis have created their own ghettos.

So, the history is not an all-around answer.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.