[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... Which course of action should I pick?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: fail.png (220KB, 1292x628px) Image search: [Google]
fail.png
220KB, 1292x628px
So... Which course of action should I pick?
>>
File: Sci CS reading list mk.III.jpg (4MB, 2500x4620px) Image search: [Google]
Sci CS reading list mk.III.jpg
4MB, 2500x4620px
>>8571626
Read some real books.
>>
I don't get it.
Try to spend more time with humans.
Communication skills are important, even if you only shitpost on /sci/.
>>
>>8571652
Stop reading books and start writing code. Once you have enough practice, reading books will give actual insights in what you're doing.

Reading a Computer Science book before having some programming experience is like reading a Calculus book before knowing how to count.
>>
>>8571655
Also this, communication skills are important, although they won't get you far if you can't back it up with practical skills
>>
>>8571652
>taking care of myself
wtfuckingkek
>>
>>8572096
Computer science isn't about writing code. It's a branch of mathematic.
>>
>>8571626

"learn x the hard way" is some guy that's been writing over the last year and is probably trying some viral marketing to get off the ground. i'm not saying that his content is low quality, but be aware.
>>
>>8571652
Are these good books, or meme books?
>>
>>8573936
They're good. The only meme book is at the end.
>>
>>8573920
I know, but the anon I responded to doesn't seem to know that, since he suggested reading CS books to someone who wanted to learn programming.
>>
>>8573982
Taking care of yourself is no meme, anon.
>>
>>8571626
These "Learn X the hard way" things have a pretty bad rep. AFAIK it's mostly just "literally type out this code snippet and run it, but don't copy and paste anything :^) or you won't learn"

OP go on over to >>>/g/dpt
>>
>>8571626
Neither the left is>>8576635
and the right are two books no one has even head of.

Left should be something like CLRS and Sipser and the right should be books like Wald or MTW, Townsend or Sakurai, Peskin and Schroeder or Zee.

Not being autistic if money is important go left. If money isn't important pick whichever you enjoy doing more. You can make good money as a physics PhD but it's unlikely where as with programming it's almost guaranteed and doesn't require a PhD. Also nothing's stopping you from doing both.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.