[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's get along (most of us)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 4L_j6gAlJuW.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
4L_j6gAlJuW.png
1MB, 750x1334px
In this thread you state your major, state majors you respect (due to difficulty, interest, etc) and give a compliment towards the other majors or fields of study
I'm a chemistry major and I gotta give respect to the few physics majors around in my school. Our physics lab is so low budget but the lectures must get ridiculous towards junior year
>>
>>8556887
I'm a cs major. I respect chem majors cause some of your required classes are hard as hell
>>
>>8556887
My major: Mathematics
Majors I respect: None except my own.

To
Physicists: Great memes. Keep em coming. The internet wouldn't be what it is without you. I wish you a memeful christmas

Chemists: Your memes are shit and much harder to understand but you help make the medicine that cures my asthma, I think. So you know, keep the advances coming. Great jobs.

Engineers: Thank you for not competing for women with me. I am so glad that you are all gay. It really helps because there is already a lot of sexual competition at unis and honestly I couldn't deal with it if I had more opponents. Great jobs

Biologists: Thank you for keeping my ego up. If it weren't for you and physicists then math would be the lowest paid major. Great jobs
>>
>>8556887
My major: Chemical Engineering
Majors I respect: None at an undergrad level

To
Other Engineering disciplines:
Electrical: You do control engineering, but you waste that background because of your limited education in mechanics and chemistry to model physical processes. Electrical circuits and signals are only so useful.
Mechanical: Heat transfer really isn't difficult. Vibrations is just baby wave mechanics.
Civil: At least you guys lift.
Mining/Petro: Stop money whoring

Mathematicians: Some of you are ok, especially those heading into mathematical physics and other applied maths requiring you to be well educated in a variety of fields instead of circlejerking in one small niche most of your career. Good background in your major allows you to access the other STEM disciplines easier. If you were less lazy and included some chemistry, biosciences and more mechanics in your electives most of you would be successful.

Physicists: You're like the amateur version of an engineer, not really worth my time, call me again when you have your PhD on something important. Actually don't call me you filthy labratting codemonkey.

Computer scientists: You autists made some nice libraries for us, you're ok when you aren't fucking ponies.

Chemists: I have yet to see anything you are capable even after postgrad that any of our junior undergrads can't do

"""Engineers""":
Industrial: Back to the business and management faculty
Nano: How do you manage to be even less educated than MSEs?
Physical: Nice job studying watered down physics and not even being accredited fuckhead.

Bio, food and health sciences: If you just included some PDEs and numerical analysis/simulation instead of forcing a dumb degree mill programme you would actually be employable as something more than lab techs.
>>
I'm a chemical physics major. I respect all physics, math, and chemistry majors.
>>
>>8556887
>major physics
>majors I respect mathematics (even above physics)
>other majors suck
>>
>>8557070
>engineers copy paste everything physicists did
>somehow physics is amateur engineering
Wrong board my friend. Here let me help you >>>/lgbt/
>>
Philosophy major. Respect for statisticians, coz they got them tight pussies and there ain't no fuckin' niggers.
>>
>>8557306
"Amateur" isn't actually a measure of knowledge so much as it's a measure of application, and engineers have application in spades. Physicists are the miners, and engineers are the blacksmiths.
>>
>>8557193
w-what about CS majors
>>
>>8557342
Yeah.
>>
>>8556930
>>8557070

Christ /sci/ is a shithole
>>
>>8557324
I can respect unabashed racism, and i can respect someone who thinks they're really into philosophy before the irony dawns on them. But jesus dude, you're checking too many boxes. Fill one circle per line plz
>>
>>8557306
He's not wrong. Physics as a major just seems lazy and non-committal
>>
>>8557434
Fuck off. Engineer faggots wouldn't understand a thing in 400+ level physics classes.
>>
I'm an organic chemist
Any one who studies a field other than my own is an autist
>>
I plan to b an architect, but here's my next semester:
Welding (Structural steel certif class)
Industrial and commercial wiring
Physics I
Calculus I
Chemistry I
I repect people who go way deep into the sciences and engineerings
>>
>>8556887
Mathematics, CS dual major. Have 6 years work exp in the field already.

I don't respect most CS majors. I do respect many maths majors, but only the ones who make A's in every class.

I respect anyone in a STEM field who has all A's, everyone else is just taking their time in university for granted.

I have a disdain for neo-hippy majors though like gender studies.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.