[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we prevent this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: sgn.jpg (132KB, 319x1191px) Image search: [Google]
sgn.jpg
132KB, 319x1191px
How do we prevent this?
>>
>inane shit children say
>profound
kek
>>
we lose curiosity when we stop thinking about our surroundings and start carring more about things like our career or similiar. But maybe we don't care about those "silly" questions and they start to feel disappionted when asking those. Maybe it's not only the gap between first and twelth class, maybe it's the way we look at our world.
>>
>>8399762
I fucking love and miss Sagan. Great man and scientist. He's what got me into cosmology.
>>
what is he even insinuating? the children simply went to school between kindergarten and 12th grade, they became smart and educated, that's why they stopped asking why we have toes. they simply know all the answers now.
>>
>>8400190

By not having a public education system.

>>8400229

You're exactly like the 12th grader in his anecdote. And even if you suppose they did find out all the answers to the questions they had before, if they still had their curiosity and enthusiasm then they would be asking even more complicated questions that build upon the ones they had before. Instead, they give up on life because school is in fact something terrible that happened to them.
>>
By 12th grade, you're more worried about getting laid than fuck ass irrelevant bullshit.
>>
>>8400229
>they simply know all the answers now.
You're a typical case of the behavior Sagan is alluding to. He's not unaware of the underlying mechanics, the questions are obviously rhetorical.

Example, you don't know shit about "why" we have toes. Even if you understood in intimate detail the workings of the machinery required to generate toes, you still don't actually know -why-, nor how these things fit into the bigger picture. In the absence of this greater perspective, your logical framework is a compartmentalized hackjob and might as well be treated as nearly worthless.

He's insinuating that you're an educated moron, and rightly so.
>>
>>8400243
>>>/soc/
>>
>>8400190
Is this guy retarded, If you are a 12 grader and you're interested in something you gonna read a book and find answers to questions you're interested in not act like some retarded kid topcuck famalam baka
>>
>>8400229
>implying there's no more questions to be asked.

The issue is that most people don't ask more advanced questions even after they've learned the simple shit.
>>
>>8400190
keep answering their questions and don't let them get bored.
>>
>>8400247
>lol ur an idiot unless u ask pointless inane questions all day long
>>
>>8400190
As a 12th grade teacher this shit pisses me off, entitled little faggots and cunty stuck up Stacies fill my classroom day in and day out. I didn't become a remedial science teacher to teach I did it for the science so the teaching aspect is always bullshit to me.
>>
>>8400524
>I didn't become a remedial science teacher to teach I did it for the science
>>
>>8400519
>lol i put my peepee in ur mum all day every day!
ecksdee ECKSDEE
ECKSDEEDEEDEEDEEDEE!!!!
>>
>>8400612
triggered
>>
>>8400190
By making kindergarteners learn calculus
>>
>>8400229
I never learned why toes are round actually.
>>
>>8400190
With violence and gulags.
>>
>>8400190
get rid of the 1% permanently (none of this switch old elites for new elites shit), this is exactly what they want. drones that will do their bidding unquestionably.
>>
>>8400241
>By not having a public education system.

DING DING DING

Turns out waking up at 5 am to go sit in a class full of loud minorities with room temperature IQs doesn't foster intellectual curiosity.
>>
>>8400229
he's implying that our public education system kills intellectual curiosity, and he's right. in the US, public schools are glorified day care centers that use draconian rote methods of teaching for the sole purpose of standardized testing.
>>
maybe they were raped or something
>>
Because normies can't handle real math and science
>>
>>8400664
yo ur a retard
>>
>>8400262
To me, it sounds more like >>>/r9k/
>>
>>8400190
>tfw been watching Cosmos again
>tfw it's been the only thing to make me cry in 6 years
not sure why, but contemplating the vastness of space makes me feel strange.
>>
>>8400881

>Cosmos

Is that the show with the black science guy?
>>
File: 535435334345.png (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
535435334345.png
14KB, 633x758px
>>8400890
NO ITS NOT WITH MEME DEASSE NIGSON
>>
science classes in public schools tend to be terribly boring.

need more labs and or practical real world observation.
>>
File: 1474776031202.jpg (22KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
1474776031202.jpg
22KB, 600x577px
>>8400917
>need more labs and or practical real world observation
No, it needs less compartmentalization. The absence of philosophy is the core problem. People don't abstract to the most general case and create a broad framework where it;s clear how elements of very different topics relate in the greater whole, until it is much, much too late. If at all.

This is what you get when you bash people over the head with rote memorization and studying for tests, for years on end. Myopia and a hyperfixation of specifics to the point where they're ironically useless.

I gotta find a picture to post because I'm just so damn disgusted. I'd be great at education personally, which is frustrating because I have no desire to do it, nor will I likely ever develop one.
>>
>>8400229
>Missing the point this hard
The point is when you get older you stop wondering about things, ya you know more when you get older but you don't know enought to not ask those questions
>>
>>8400190
By 12th grade you've had all curiosity kicked out of them like a slav beat down.

It's kicked out of them because of
>Low education standards
>Peer pressure in which those who care are pariahs
>Any science subject is anti-fun and lacks anything that would make someone give a fuck
>At 13+ all anyone cares about is getting laid and doing drugs

>>8400279
Not everyone is possibly you. Typical High Schooler would google it and if it wasn't on page one they'll instantly stop caring.
>>
>>8400247
lol stop we konw why we have toes, you missed the point and fell for the bait
>>
>>8400524
>teaches remedial
>complains about retarded kids
you sure your not in the class
>>
>>8400945
Someone's gonna get hurt.
>>
>>8400940
don't forget
>stressing to do well, not knowlege wise but grade wise, since to get into a half decent college you need to have good grades but then you end up having shitty understanding
>>
>>8400954
not me, go succ
>>
>>8400985
Fight me irl.
You're gonna get meme'd kid.
>>
>>8400993
Your*
>>
>>8400190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY

We've known for 100 years that teaching music to children encourages their understanding of math yet the first thing we get rid of when there's budget problems is music because it's less important than math.

Dumb fucks.
>>
>>8400995
Yore*
>>
>>8401001
wew almost got the meme on me there buddy, too bad you mispelled Jore
>>
>>8400190
do not force shitstain intellectual garbage mind controll vodo as required schooling. You know what i talk about, religion, history, philosophy, sociological sciences, psychology on people. Let a kid become a math genius if he want, but do not force him to know about five different "religions" and other absoluteley mind controlling bullshit numbing the subconscious. let this shit die. Let them choose only what they want. Make it all electronical so they can get their degrees online, with online tutors, ai´s to teach them. That gives them degrees. Teach them economics and law. Basic mathematics atleast and some probability then let their choices be free. let their subconsious be free
>>
>>8400647
genetics, shorter toes means less energy for long distance running. Faster to run away as-well. So no longer finger toes like apes. Usually why small feet means bigger brain higher iq. Darwinism is pure logic. You can use it with any system.
>>
>>8401040
If you ask me, this utopianist horseshit is what needs to be stomped out. The 60's movement failed for a reason, they tried to become something new and couldn't accept what the human species really is.

Also
>religion, history, philosophy, sociological sciences, psychology
none of these things are meaningfully taught. I've always wanted to see a hardcore course on crowd psychology, cognitive heuristics, and tactics used by marketing and PR, taught starting in 6th grade. General psychology and philosophical thought should be encouraged as well.

This is not the slavery, it is the liberation.
>>
>>8400190
Forcing children to socially conform due to forced attendence makes us all slaves. Which is why all bright people were less social. Its a mind degrading system used by centuries which is why homeschooling makes "geniuses" asking the right questions. Not social conformity slaves. Also why the earloer social conformity is brought into a system of people, the higher drug use, overdose and suicide is higher in countries like these. Example: Norway. high economics, children are socialized since they are about 3-4 years old, obligatorily. Which is why Norwegians are insanely conforming and highly "ethical". Americans are about half-way on this spectre and shows why politics are half retarded as ethics are severily lacking. In countries lacking this social conformity like a lot of african countries ethics are non-existant meaning society will never improve for them. Also lower iq makes them pretty useless in modern society. Have yet to meet a "bright" black guy. They can be great at reciting yet creativly lacking. Proove me wrong.
>>
Here is the truth.

All of the "intelligent" kids in highschool who take all the AP classes and get straight A's are the ones who don't ask questions. Most of the time, these students are striving for perfection for the sole purpose of getting into a good college and making $$$. A few select kids and kindergartners ask the deep questions because they want to know more about the world.

School never teaches kids to be different, it only teaches kids the basic information needed to choose a career that appeals to them. The second students learn what money is, their curiosity leaves them and they only focus on what career will make them the most money that they don't have to struggle to do.

TL;DR. Curiosity, Money, Jobs, Linear classes.
>>
>>8401053
Continuing on...

In kindergarten: What is this? Why do we have fingers? How do plants make energy?

In Elementary: "Ok students so 2*5 is equal to 10 because 2 groups of 5 added together..."

In Middle: Groups of kids start to form and students begin to learn about the real world.

In highschool: "I want a gf" "Muh GPA" "Weed lmao" "Ditching is fun" Linear classes...

Students are taught linearly and they are never taught to ask questions or think differently.
>>
>>8401053
>tfw I used to be that fun-loving kid who loved to learn when I was young
>used to watch science shows all the time, used to read adult novels every day for fun, could read better than anyone I knew, used to challenge myself by trying to read a novel in one school day
I remember reading the Power of Un in one school day, it felt like an achievement when I was like 6.
>tfw I became a loser fuck, still took all the APs but realized I would be a loser entire life
just educate my shit up
>>
>>8400190
Public Schools are meant to turn children into disposable workforce, it's emotionally and psychologically corrosive but economically effective.
>>
>>8400190
Put your kids in private school
>>
File: sad_pepe.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
sad_pepe.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>8400758
>Turns out waking up at 5 am to go sit in a class full of loud minorities with room temperature IQs doesn't foster intellectual curiosity.
You just described my entire public education experience.

God I fucking hate monkeys. Why do I have to be forced to "integrate" with them?
>>
>>8400890
There's another show called Cosmos with Carl Sagan, in case you aren't memeing...
>>
>>8400190
It's because they've spent 11 years learning about shit they don't have an interest in.
>>
>>8400190
Course becomes vast.Teachers don't have time for bullshit questions as they have to complete the course in time.
>>
>>8401980
I was in a private school. Still bored.

Unless you are in a school for special children, pseudointelectual brainlets like you would be the new niggers.

You don't need loud trash to ruin a class.
>>
>>8400229
wew lad
>>
>>8400199
Children often ask non trivial questions, mostly because they are learning about their environment. I bet they questions are usually more interesting than yours at your calculus 101 class.
>>
>>8402008
This.
Everytime they make a question, you have to ask them to give you more information, so they spend effort thinking and finally you answer them with a big fat answer.
>>
>>8400199
For a young kid those aren't inane questions. The fact you believe and act like they're inane questions for a kid to ask is why they stop asking them.
>>
>>8400643
underrated
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.