[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is economics the most patrician field? difficult applied math?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: equations3.jpg (49KB, 550x275px) Image search: [Google]
equations3.jpg
49KB, 550x275px
is economics the most patrician field?
difficult applied math? check
historical analysis and application? check
use of rhetoric and philosophy? check

how can physics, chem or bio even compete. Pure math is a joke as we all know already
>>
Pure math led to the discovery of the RSA method you use daily for encrypted comms. No joke.
>>
>econ
>difficult math
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

classic econ major. tell me econ major, what is a Fourier decomposition? tell me, what is an infinite dimension vector space?

>those have no application
lol, guess you have no idea what a cell phone is. Both of those concepts are key to signal processing and encryption.

good bait though, made me respond
>>
>>8397763
Math major here and ever since I started reading game theory I started respecting economics more. Even though you are, like everyone else, inferior to me, I respect a field that does not pussy out like biology and accept that mathematicians are always right and start to apply our theorems.

Everyone else should be more like you, economists. If biologists and other faggots also learned higher mathematics then we could cure cancer in like a day.

>how can physics, chem or bio even compete.

Physicucks already accepted that we are better than them and started applying mathematics ever since Newton. Chemists are still fighting it but slowly they are realizing that mathematical structures and mathematical models make more sense for chemistry than the bullshit diagrams they have been shitting out for hundreds of years and thus now chemists learn group theory and graph theory... like they always should have.

Biology is the one that is a full pussy. I seriously do not understand how they can even be a science.

>Pure math is a joke as we all know already

Hey, don't get out of line. We gave you everything you have. Treat us with respect, you little shit. But oh well, you made me laugh. It is fun when people from inferior fields try do some banter.

Mathematicians are the kings of banter, bitch.
>>
>>8397779
>economics
>inferior field to maths

top kek @ your stupidity, ignoramus
>>
>>8397790
Mathematics is the top field. Every bit of knowledge falls down from us onto you.

The greatest economists? Mathematicians who pretty much started your field.

I mean, before game theory what did you fags use? Elementary calculus?

That is another invention of mathematicians. What did you use before calculus?

Fucking algebra, right? Invented by mathematicians.

Like I said, don't get out of line. There is a huge difference between you and me but because I am a mathematician (and thus a perfect human being) I am also very humble and understanding and therefore I respect you as a fellow human.

So please respect me back. That is the least you can do.

desu right now I feel like god would feel when sinners go up to him and start telling him that their sins weren't too bad and shit like that.

YOU DO NOT QUESTION GOD
YOU DO NOT QUESTION MATHEMATICIANS

Because we are god.
>>
>>8397790
classic brainlet didn't even read the post
>>
>>8397797
this 2bh. Feels good to be on top
>>
Good to see econ finally getting the respect it deserves around here

Top quality post op
>>
>>8397773

OP is a faggot and you are too
>>
>>8397763
Economics and Finance is the only real Social SCIENCE that exists

Everything else is shit and i'm sure /biz/ would agree too
>>
>>8397779
>If biologists learned higher mathematics, then we could cure cancer in a day.
So you know higher mathematics already?
Isn't biology much easier to learn than math?
>Biologists should learn higher math skills like i did so they could cure cancer
But you've never thought to learn biology to use your math skills to cure cancer?
Or is biology too hard to learn for a math major?
>>
>>8397763
No
>>
>>8398003
>So you know higher mathematics already?

Higher is a relative term. Relative to biologists, calculus is higher mathematics.

That said, I talk more about graph theory and algebra. Things that are usually beyond calculus, but not that much harder, that study structure.

I am a big fan of group theory and I believe that the universe can be described in terms of groups. Physicists already do this, so do chemists kinda. But biologists don't want to, mainly because they do not have the foundation to understand what a group even is.

>Isn't biology much easier to learn than math?

There is no objective answer here. Well, there is but as a perfect human being, I try to be humble.

>But you've never thought to learn biology to use your math skills to cure cancer?
Or is biology too hard to learn for a math major?

I have no interest in biology, but those interested in fields outside of math have always benefited from learning more math.

In biology this is such a big deal because lets not forget that a girl REINVENTED CALCULUS to study the area under enzyme graphs.

Everything she needed already existed but she didn't know it and accidentally she re-invented a really primitive version of calculus. That shit is sad as fuck.
>>
>>8398003
nice words.
>tfw biology bachelor's was a corollary to my math phd
>>
>>8397763
the math in economics is not difficult by any means.
you should try the math in mathematics if you're lookig for math chalanges.

furthermore:
a math major will be hired at top positions within finance, since math is the only thing you have when trying to moddel.
you can hire a econ major who is basicly a code monkey that reporoduces what he's tought.
or you hire a mathematician that can do everything the econ major can but faster and better. + some extra trics that might earn you a few bucks, if the mathematician is even interested in such a trivial job
>>
>>8397763
>difficult applied math

Hahahahaha, no.

The most complex thing you use is the Riemann integral.
>>
>>8397763
>is economics the most patrician field?
no
>>
>>8397763

Economics is a pseudo-science that can't predict anything correctly.
>>
>>8397797

This is 100 percent correct. OP should an hero for even questioning the perfection of mathematicians.

Mathematicians should get their state enforced choice for sexual partners as well and should be allowed up to 30 of them.
>>
>>8397763
difficult applied math?

The math is incredibly easy. uncheck
>>
>>8397773
>tfw I know how to do these and i'm a mechanical engineer
/sci/ btfo
>>
File: 1467067659075.jpg (312KB, 880x916px) Image search: [Google]
1467067659075.jpg
312KB, 880x916px
>>8397797
This should be a pasta

But you're kind of right, Mathfags and Mathematicians IRL and one of the few kind of people i automatically respect, along with military on my country and very rich people
>>
>>8397797

Okay, Mathematics is the top field. But how does that get you a job?
>>
>>8398982
Not him
>Actuarian
>All financial jobs
>Economist
>MathBiologist
>CompSci (not a codemonkey though, scientific computing and programming languages)
>Work with Engs and get paid more
Most jobs, anon-kun
>>
>>8397797
Include me in the reddit screencap
>>
>>8397779
>I seriously do not understand how they can even be a science

you cannot understand because you possess a limited brain, friend. you can't think outside the rules of a made up field like mathematics, can you even begin to explain how do you function?

>Treat us with respect, you little shit
I wish you were trolling because you sound cringey as hell, my man
>>
>>8399002
>>Work with Engs and get paid more
any evidence please. The only reason i've not switched from my eng course to maths is because I want to be able to actually make shit.... if i can go from maths into engineering anyway then i might change
>>
economists are just apologists for the ruling class who use mathematical arguments
>>
>>8397763
>patrician

>>>/tv/
>>
>>8397763
>Pure math is a joke as we all know
What do you mean by "we", Peasant?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.