[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes the laws of the Universe work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Augusto-Pinochet-Hero-AB.jpg (74KB, 334x250px) Image search: [Google]
Augusto-Pinochet-Hero-AB.jpg
74KB, 334x250px
What makes the laws of the Universe work?
>>
Allah
>>
My D.
>>
Pinochet
>>
>>8261298
>>8261301
>>8261324
>>>/b/
>>
File: poetry.png (34KB, 482x317px) Image search: [Google]
poetry.png
34KB, 482x317px
>>8261297
The laws of the Universe are man-made
and man is in a very early stage of cultural evolution (again).
>>
>>8261329
No.
>>
>>8261297
The universe is arbitrary, which is why I think it's funny when people say it's amazing that physics are exactly perfect to produce and sustain everything we can observe. There's no reason why something like strong nuclear force has the value it does. In a different universe it could have a different value, or that universe's matter could be made from non-force sustained particles. And it'd work just as well as our universe's rules do.
>>
>>8261649
>I think it's funny when people say it's amazing that physics are exactly perfect to produce and sustain everything we can observe
I think it's obnoxious and one of the few cases where the anthropic principle is to be invoked. Like people that look at something humans engineered around a given context, or geological structure, and say "wow it's almost like it was made just for this!"

Otherwise I'd refer to this post I made however long ago:
>>8260093
We likely won't ever ultimately know what affords the universe's machinery the traits it has.
>>
>>8261297
What makes existence exist?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>8261658
>Accepting self referential truths at face value
>>
>>8261660
What do you mean by that
>>
>>8261656
>>8261656
>We likely won't ever ultimately know what affords the universe's machinery the traits it has.

This was a key factor in my quitting physics after my masters. It's partly that what you end up researching is so minute that it simply wasn't what I wanted, but also that one lifetime is simply not long enough to study the subject.

The academic cycle of undergrad, grad school, post doc, assistant prof, tenure, crotchety old man is very efficient.

It's just too fucking complex, and our ~75 year lifetimes are simply not enough to continually generate breakthroughs.
>>
>>8261810
>The academic cycle of undergrad, grad school, post doc, assistant prof, tenure, crotchety old man is very efficient.
is very inefficient*
>>
>>8261810

Take you 5 seconds to realize "God did it".
>>
'G' doeas. It's in just the right spot. Miss it just a little and it would all be for naught.
>>
>>8261817
Oh no, it's quite efficient at turning out overly educated useless fools.
>>
>>8261823
hahah, you got me there
>>
>>8261824
I congratulate you on retaining your sense of humor.
>>
Cubism.
>>
>>8261297
he was no hero
>>
>>8261818
'I need not make an assumption'
>>
>>8261297
>>>/his/
>>
>>8261297
Anon are you actually expecting an answer to that question from 4chan?
>>
>>8261649
>The universe is arbitrary
>which is why I think it's funny when people say it's amazing that physics are exactly perfect to produce and sustain everything we can observe
Wait...if the universe is indeed arbitrary, wouldn't that be right? It WOULD be amazing...
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.